Speaker 1: You feeling. This is our production of iHeart Ladial and Overturned Media.
Speaker 2: Hello, wait enough, wait longer. Yes, sure, I'm my hair.
Speaker 3: I was just sticking a up.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, sorry, bye? Look you are you okay? Feeling all right?
Speaker 5: I'm fine, Okay, it was just sticking en up.
Speaker 6: Stop worrying about me.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking okay, okay, if I ask how you are, you know, especially today, of course you can ask how I am. But you don't have to worry about me, kay.
Speaker 4: I know, Sorry, I just I would I could be there, or that you could be here. You can't be you know, there are plenty of space of the house. Plus the kids would love to see you.
Speaker 7: I would love to see them too, but you know, you guys have your own lives, and I would just.
Speaker 4: Be stop hama. You would not be in the way.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Okay, I would just be ablurning.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't you be a.
Speaker 4: You could be fun if you could finally teach me how to cook something Filipino.
Speaker 6: I can do that from here.
Speaker 4: Ryl Okay, you've been saying that forever.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. You know what.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, let let's let's do it today.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah you can, uh, you can video check me later and then we'll make.
Speaker 6: Oh we'll make a double. It's your favorite and it's so easy. Let's do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure, and yeah, I'll be around later.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, good.
Speaker 9: Okay, but you can still calm. I mean, I just coma did I just worry about you all alone out there.
Speaker 7: I'm not alone, okay, charl I see people all the time. I see your Teita, Becky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once a week at church. About the other six days, Oh, good by.
Speaker 5: I see plenty of people, okay, I uh, I see I see people at the grocery.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, and I I I.
Speaker 7: See my neighbors when I'm going through what's a good lands alright, So.
Speaker 6: In fact, i'm doing that right now.
Speaker 4: Ooh your neighbors and house apartment five guide Oh.
Speaker 6: Sure, stop it, okay.
Speaker 4: DC, it's fine.
Speaker 3: He's handsome.
Speaker 4: And he's nice.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I don't want you to be lonely. He wouldn't want you to be lonely.
Speaker 6: You know you're making this a bigger thing than it is.
Speaker 4: Okay, fine, I'll stop you, I'll stop. I just want you to be happy.
Speaker 10: I am happy, I hope.
Speaker 11: So I missed the wady used to, you know, when you were really happy you at home.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, look, chair, I'll text you later.
Speaker 6: With the ingredients that you need.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, yeah, i'll text you later, and because I have to go to the store and get some stuff myself.
Speaker 6: But I love you and i'll call you later.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I love you too.
Speaker 10: Hey, Jim, Oh good, and you great?
Speaker 6: Great? Uh that's looked really good.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah I think so too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 7: I wanted to thank you for bringing that food over last week.
Speaker 3: It was so delicious. Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm glad you liked it. Oh, I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 3: What was that.
Speaker 5: Oh it's called caldoretta. It's usually a beep stew. But I put lemon in it too, and with the potatos and the carrots and the peas and.
Speaker 6: Oh, the bell peppers.
Speaker 3: It's so good. Oh.
Speaker 5: And some people they put olives and sometimes raisins. Oh, and then it's in this tomato sauce and the secret, oh, the secret.
Speaker 6: It's just this little.
Speaker 5: Dash of oh dish sauce.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 6: Oh well, it's one of my favorites now. Oh oh yeah, oh yeah, hey, do you ever have any extra food? And you need a taste tester?
Speaker 12: I'm your man.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not that you need my opinion.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I, oh.
Speaker 6: I really really love your food.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you, oh much, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh you know I'm going to be making something a little bit later on.
Speaker 6: You want some, yes, now, I would love that.
Speaker 4: It'd be great.
Speaker 5: Okay, then I'll bring you some.
Speaker 6: Bye, okay, all right, I see you later.
Speaker 5: Okay, see you made that.
Speaker 3: Bye bye?
Speaker 4: I said, stop ne please and come say hal hi. Sorry. The kids say hey, they're just.
Speaker 6: A moment. Oh that's okay, they're kids.
Speaker 3: Let them all right.
Speaker 4: Thanks, and thanks for tecting me how to prep everything. Oh yeah, I've got the meat marinating.
Speaker 5: Now great okay, and then you have the the garlic and the peppercorns in the soy and vinegar.
Speaker 6: Okay, good. And what about the sugar?
Speaker 7: Do you have the dark brown sugar or the light brown sugar?
Speaker 4: I just had dark?
Speaker 3: Is that okay? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, yeah that's great.
Speaker 5: You know your papa, he'll love to have his coffee with a scoop of brown sugar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where I get that from.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you wanted to be just like him. Two peas in a pod. Okay, let's start the rice purse.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, let me get the rice.
Speaker 11: Hm.
Speaker 7: Okay, you have your rice. Okay, So you put.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: Two cups a rise into the rice cooker.
Speaker 8: All right, okay, let me put this rice up here, okay, and now it rise.
Speaker 4: Oh ah?
Speaker 6: Did you get the short grain rice that I suggested?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: Good, because it's the stickiest.
Speaker 4: Is that good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's good when you have rice that is hot and press and sticky.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's the best. Just trust me, okay, okay, okay, I'll show you.
Speaker 3: Okay, hang on, I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna drain this one. Remember we don't actually measure anything.
Speaker 5: All right, okay, finger yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, don't raise some more time.
Speaker 7: So after you rinse it twice, okay, So you peel the water so that.
Speaker 5: Is covering the rice, okay, and then you put in your middle finger and then so that's touching the top of the rice.
Speaker 6: Okay. And then you peel the water until it gets to the first line on your finger, and then that's it. You're done, okay. Different, look I don't know why it works. It just does okay every time, So just do it.
Speaker 7: Okay, put that back into the cooker, and then he go, okay, now let's let's slice the onions.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's my knife. Get the onion. Oh that's a good one, like this one. Okay, so we slice the onion.
Speaker 11: M hm.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't like this either.
Speaker 3: But the onion.
Speaker 12: Oh, it really makes the dish, you know. Oh you know, it caramelizes and it gives the aduble to just such a great texture.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 6: Ah, it's hard on it.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, not everybody does it, but.
Speaker 5: You know, I think it makes a big difference. Okay, so what that's going? Uh, go ahead, go grab your pot.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Mama, hm hm.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 6: Let me see.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah that's perfect. That's just deepen up. It looks like mine.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 5: Okay. So you put the heat on medium, okay, let that.
Speaker 6: God median okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, and then.
Speaker 7: You add a little bit of oil. Gonna be careful, okay, Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 6: You're going to.
Speaker 13: Put the onions in okay, okay, okay, and then you take your wooden spoon okay, and then you just gently stir it.
Speaker 7: Until the onions become soft. Okay.
Speaker 12: Mm doesn't that smell so good?
Speaker 6: I love the way the onions smell.
Speaker 4: M yeah too. You know it smells like our house grown up.
Speaker 6: Hm hm, you're right, it really does. Okay, So while that's going, go ahead, go grab your meat.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, the tongs, I need tongs. Go start cooking your meat.
Speaker 5: Mm.
Speaker 3: Oh that's gonna be so good.
Speaker 6: Okay, how's it going over there?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: That is good?
Speaker 10: Oh you okay? Oh do you need anything? Huh like a bandage or something?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh, run it under goldwater.
Speaker 5: Okay, mama, I'm okay you sure, yes, Oh, thank you.
Speaker 6: Bill, thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh it has a beautiful crust.
Speaker 6: Look let me see.
Speaker 10: Oh oh, Cheryl, that's bourbon.
Speaker 6: You're doing so great?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm no, still good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys, I told you to be careful. Oh there's hot stuff over here.
Speaker 8: Okay, hi guy, hi baby, stop.
Speaker 3: N sure you're not.
Speaker 7: We're almost done here, okay, so uh, why don't you just go ahead?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Just make sure that you see all the meat, okay.
Speaker 6: And then you pour the marinade into the path and.
Speaker 4: Then you just let it cook. Okay.
Speaker 7: Oh, oh, and don't forget the bay leave okay. The bay leave is very important okay.
Speaker 6: And then that's it, and then you you know when it's done.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I know you can.
Speaker 5: Oh, and make sure you take picture okay, because I want to see it.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 6: I know it's gonna be good.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks, Yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 6: It was yeah. Oh and when you eat it, you have to eat it with a park and a spoon okay, or you can use your hands. But those are your only two options.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're right, okay, thanks for.
Speaker 14: I love you, love you mama, damn it you told me, RecA?
Speaker 6: Mm hm.
Speaker 13: You like that?
Speaker 6: Hey, Rosa, how you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I have the dinner for you. It's a port pelliodobo.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: Sounds good.
Speaker 3: Yeah it should be, so enjoy and have a good night.
Speaker 7: Well is there any chance you like to eat this with me?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: I would love to, but I just I can't do night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, uh no problem.
Speaker 3: Maybe uh maybe some.
Speaker 6: Other time yeah yeah, another time would be good. Sounds good?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, uh night, and uh thanks.
Speaker 6: For everything, of course, see you soon, all right, take care okay, all right?
Speaker 3: H uh.
Speaker 6: M hm hm hm.
Speaker 4: M m many oh.
Speaker 15: H Adobo was written and directed by me Tessa Bartholowo. Performances by Sandy Eberhardt as Rosa, Jamie Amos as Cheryl, and Oscar Jordan Pez Jim. The editor and producer is Cameron hell Ont. Sound mixer is Daniel Martinez. Sound designer and head of post production is Diego Perez. Creator and showrunner is James kimp Onset photographer is Julian Park. Score by Robert Garova and Ryobaum You Feel In. This is a production of iHeartRadio and Overtones Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, check out the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.