Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central, from.
Speaker 2: The most trusted journalists at Comedy Central is America's only source for news. This is the Daily Trump with your home's Roddy Day.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome to Daily Shaw. I'm Rodny Shack. We got so much to talk about tonight. The Proud Boys are back in town, Donald Trump faces off against Jesus, and we sent Triumph to sniff the buttholes of the resistance. So let's get into another edition of the Second Coming of Donald J. Trump. I've been a comedy. It's only day two of Trump's presidency and already everyone is mad at him. I mean, gods, can you give him a minute, lends sit down. It started in the morning when Trump went to the traditional post inauguration church service, which is not exactly his preferred way to start the day. It's never fun for him to be a guest at someone else's rally, and to make matters worse, the preacher was kind of preachy.
Speaker 4: Mister President.
Speaker 1: I ask you.
Speaker 4: To have mercy upon the people in our country. We're scared now gay, lesbian and transgender children, and the people the people who pick our crops and clean our office buildings, who labor in poultry farms and meatpacking plants, who wash the dishes after we eat in restaurants and work the night shifts in hospitals. They may not be citizens or have the proper documentation, but the vast majority of immigrants are not criminals.
Speaker 3: New Executive Order, we are banning church a bishop, please all right. We don't go to church to hear a lecture about having mercy on the last fortunate. That's not what church is for. And Trump was like, I only came here because I heard they were free crackers, and now I'm getting roastered by tign Otaro. He was it was probably looking up at Jesus on the cross and thinking, hey, you and me both brother to be fair. I mean, can you imagine going to church and the pastor is only addressing you like this next sermon is about the sinners, the cheaters, the degenerate gamblers. Gary. The point is, no one has ever had a word time in church than Trump did. And yes, I've seen spotlight and you could tell that he had a bad time because of the way he came out of the church. Super bitchy. Mister President.
Speaker 5: What did you think of the sermon?
Speaker 3: What did you think, Do you like it?
Speaker 6: Did you find it exciting?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It does that excite you? Did you like that watching your president get lectured to by Bishop Rachel Meadow? Get your little liberal god? You sick? And is this how we do presidential press conferences? Now? This is like TMZ at the departures haul the lax. It's like, hey, mister president, all right, but the president, what do you think about black Lively and justin Beldona? But after getting yelled at by this church Cara and Trump was also getting yelled at by everyone just because he released hundreds of violent insurrectioners back into the streets or something. And yeah, okay, he beat some cops and broke some windows, but they were doing it for him. No one seems to understand that, and the media won't shut up with these unfair gotcha questions.
Speaker 7: You would agree that it's never acceptable to assault a police officer, So then if I can't among those, you pardon DJ Rodriguez. He drove a stun gun into the neck of a DC police officer who was abducted by the mob that day. He later confessed on video to the FBI and pleaded guilty for his crimes. Why does he deserve a pardon.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Is it important because we're looking at commute, so we're looking at partons.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll take a look at everything.
Speaker 3: We'll take a look at everything. Shouldn't you look at it before you issue the pardon?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Step one, release the prisoners. Step two, look into which prisoners we should release. Him nailed it. So part one of his answer about this whole gen sixth thing is we'll take a look, which is Trump speak for we won't never look at this again. But if that doesn't satisfy you, he has another reason.
Speaker 6: Okay, well we'll take a look at everything. But I can say this, murderers today are not even charged. You have murderers that aren't charged all over you. Take a look at what's gone on in Philadelphia, take a look at what's gone off in LA where people murder people and they don't get charged.
Speaker 3: Say, some murderers aren't in jail, therefore nobody should be in jail. Okay, Also think big picture here. If he lets these violent criminals go, there's a chance they'll kill the other violent criminals and then they'll just cancel each other out. And to be fair to Trump, he has been campaigning on releasing the jan six prisoners for years now. Everyone just assumed he didn't mean the violent ones, which would mean going through all the cases one by one. But that's not really Trump's style.
Speaker 8: You're reporting from Axios this morning details the private back and forth amongst in a Trump's team over how many January sixth rioters to pardon.
Speaker 9: The case by case review was onerous. Trump staffers wondered whom to pardon and who might slip through the cracks. Time was running out heading into inauguration day. As Trump's team wrestled with the issue, Trump just said it release them all.
Speaker 3: I have never related to Trump more. All right, this pdf is four hundred pages. Okay, all crime is legal. And look, you can't expect someone to go through all these cases one by one. I mean the FBI did, and the prosecutors did, and the judges did, and the juries and the paralegals and the person who types on that weird typewriter no one else knows how to use. But Trump is busy. Okay, it's much easier to just click select all delete. So in the very first seven hours of the Trump administration, we already have our first big controversy, which of course leads to the class ritual of a Trump presidency. He does something crazy, then Republicans get asked about it and they're like, what, I didn't see it.
Speaker 10: Do you agree with President Trump's decision to pardon these violent people if.
Speaker 3: They were truly violent?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: But but do I know that they were? I don't know.
Speaker 1: That is January's sixth pardons. Well, I've said what I said before.
Speaker 7: And that is we're not looking backwards.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen the details, but I think a lot of those parents were definitely well served.
Speaker 7: What about those who assaulted police officers and then we're pardoned by the president?
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: I haven't gone to the detail.
Speaker 7: We're talking about people that were beating officers with fire hydrants, with metal batonons.
Speaker 3: Is that acceptable to you? Those people able? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I understand?
Speaker 3: No, No, no spoilers Tommy and Tuboville didn't watch jan six yet. Okay, he'll he'll get to it, but there's just so much to watch these days. You know, he's still got nine to eleven. And then Gadzi on his dv A, I mean, you you are a senator on jan six Like, what do you mean you didn't see the insurrection you lived in? This is like a Titanic survivor saying I haven't seen the movie, don't tell me what happens. So to sum up day one of Trump's presidency, church is bad, beating cops is good. So I guess he's a Democrat. Now for more on the Republican reaction, we turn to Troy You on, everybody try try. All these Republicans are pretending they haven't seen footage of January sixth. I mean, shouldn't they be embarrassed? Ronnie?
Speaker 8: I know, sad and ignorant people like yourself would think Republicans are being cowardly, but they actually have medical conditions that literally make it impossible for them to see the January sixth footage. And unlike you, I'm not an ablest fan.
Speaker 3: What do you mean ablest due? Ron Johnson's just said he didn't see the details.
Speaker 8: He can't see the details, Ronnie.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: Ron Johnson has a rare disease, you know, face blindness. He has that, but specifically for insurrections. When he sees a cop getting beaten with a flagpole, his brain interprets that as a rainbow or a baby deer learning to walk. It might seem cute, but it's actually incredibly painful.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've never heard of that, But what about the rest of them? The Senator Tublville also have this face blindness.
Speaker 8: Okay, watch your tone. Okay, And no, Tommy Tupperville actually has that disease from Memento.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that movie?
Speaker 8: He doesn't, but he forgets about January sixth every three minutes. He's a survivor and it's inspiring.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So he's not just dumb.
Speaker 8: Well, if he didn't have Memento disease, then yeah, he would absolutely be the dumbest senator in history.
Speaker 3: But he does have it, so he is.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm doing a walk for the cure next week. What are you doing to give back?
Speaker 3: Ronnie? I have a metal straw to read that I'll remember to use someday. I got Troy. Come on, they can't. They can't all have medical issues with seeing jan six footage, but.
Speaker 8: They do, Okay. Lauren Bobert was hypnotized at a child's birthday party and just never fully recovered. Rick Scott he couldn't see the footage because he's actually half horse, so he always has those those blinders on. And Tim Burchett couldn't see it because he got kicked in the head by Rick Scott because he walked behind him too quickly.
Speaker 1: And it scooped him.
Speaker 8: And oh oh oh, and John Thunes's eyes don't work because he once saw a pretty lady walk by and they went and they just they never went back into his head. Yeah, do you think that's funny?
Speaker 3: Ronnie? I guess I guess I need to be more sensitive to Republicans going forward.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you should, because there's a lot of things coming down the pipeline the next four years that they're not going to be able to see or hear or remember or legislate against or understand or consider.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay, yeah, I got Okay, yeah gotta yeah, I got. I guess I guess I should be also more respectful of people who can't watch jen six footage the way you and I have.
Speaker 8: Oh I haven't seen the January sixth footage.
Speaker 3: Well, do you also have one of those diseases?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: No, it just sounded so depressing. I don't need that my life.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, try what everybody, I will want to come back. We're checking on Time's opposition, so don't go away. You can't see it. Welcome back to Adah. We show the Time's inauguration wasn't the old. Even in DC this week there was also the People's March to oppose him. We set a most dogged reporter to check it out here in Washington, d C.
Speaker 5: At the People's March, we're here with everyone in America who thinks Joe Scarborough and Nika Prazinski still have good on screen chemistry. This diverse crowd covers a full spectrum of literally every stage of depression the morning.
Speaker 1: Look at you guys.
Speaker 5: You guys are mobilized.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're energized.
Speaker 5: Yeah you're three months too Lateik THIKEI if you could just say your name and all your genders from the camera, please.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I'll count.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Let's face it, no one here's gonna smash any windows at the Capitol that would require upper body strength. You know, eight years ago, in fairness, there were like millions of people here. Do you think the numbers of women participating in this march have dropped off because they don't see themselves represented by the demo crats, or because you kept talking to them about Deadpool. Seriously, looking around here, I've never seen so many people worried about losing the right to contraceptives for purely hypothetical reasons. Tell me what stage of depression are you currently in? Anger, bargaining are all the way to wearing that hat in public? So many groups factions represented here. This person is with people for the legalization of medicinal bath salts.
Speaker 3: Correct deport Trump slash drump Trump. If you don't know, I guess the Trump. I'm the original name in Germany.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's nice to know the bath salts have kicked in.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Honestly, some people are saying that you're all ineffective, You're too weak and unequipped for a crisis. I'm talking to your deodorance right now.
Speaker 1: Actually, short, if.
Speaker 5: You want to win next time, we have to be the bigger tenth. Sometimes it's just with language, okay. So if we want to get Republicans, what the best if we rebrand climate change as climate transitioning, Okay, then Republicans will want to stop it.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: I can feel Ben Shapiro hedging already. So you're a young person. I feel like the young people need to understand what's going on better. What's your message to young people who only get their news from social media?
Speaker 8: It's important to organize, Join an organization.
Speaker 5: Already too complicated. Sorry, people are going to take you seriously. Wearing clussy hats from twenty sixteen. We gotta armor up, show them. We don't want to be screwed with right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you got? Okay, sign for the pube hat.
Speaker 5: Put that on.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, this is what democracy looks like.
Speaker 5: Are the pups organic? Of course they're organic, and they're farm raised, the raised farm raised.
Speaker 1: Yes, we run a no kill pupe.
Speaker 11: Far are there genetically modified organisms in the.
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 8: See?
Speaker 3: This is for the more discerning. That's the landing strip you have.
Speaker 5: Seriously, you guys, this marching stuff, it's so analog.
Speaker 1: This isn't what the Republicans do. You know, where's your Pepe the Frog?
Speaker 3: Where's your cat turn?
Speaker 1: We need our own Pepe?
Speaker 5: So I call this one Keith Obermonkey. This is another potential mascot, Smuggy the NTR total perfect. People don't believe facts anymore, they believe conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: So we need to make up our own conspiracy theories. Okay.
Speaker 5: For example, Jimmy Carter was doing just fine until Trump got elected again coincidence?
Speaker 3: Who killed Carter?
Speaker 5: You know how Trump hides his medical records? Yes, he also hides his DNA test. That's right. He recently took a DNA test that reveals that he's forty percent sour creete, release the DNA test.
Speaker 9: Release the DNA test.
Speaker 3: Truck is ruining people's lives.
Speaker 9: Truck was running people's lives.
Speaker 1: He goes well with onions and chibes. She goes onions and tibes.
Speaker 3: Goop. Stop the lie, you ob stop the lines. How did Jimmy Carter die? How did Jimmy Carter die?
Speaker 5: Young man?
Speaker 1: Are you a member of gen Z?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Did you mean to come to this march? Or were you staring at your phone on the way to work and when.
Speaker 5: You finally looked up you were here?
Speaker 1: I came on purpose.
Speaker 5: I kid, I kid, I know you don't actually work. Are you guys ready to storm a building?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: Let's be honest, you guys aren't ready to storm the Capitol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry, Yeah, you believe me?
Speaker 1: If we're gonna start small.
Speaker 5: Okay, trust me. We need to do something you know that's gonna get attention. We're gonna start small for the mark.
Speaker 3: Are you with me?
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody's storm with me.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Come on, I've got a storm.
Speaker 3: Storm now, let's storm. Let's go. Let's storm. We're starting.
Speaker 5: Hey, get back, Hey, get back, take get back, take it back, take it back?
Speaker 3: Whose house house? Who's house? Far house house house? Who's house?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we're taking back on muffins.
Speaker 3: Home a.
Speaker 1: Yea dasy coffee house tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Jeez, can't suck up. Thanks you tryumph. When we come back to Live Quilly, we'll be joining you on the shows. We don't go away. Welcome back to have me show. My guest tonight is a legendary hip hop artist whose Lea's album is a collaboration with Jay Rawls called The Confidence of Knowing. Please welcome the one and only Brooklyn's own Callip Qually. We're playing on how you feeling? Yeah, man of the people, man, a lot of the people.
Speaker 1: It's my city, Yeah, my city, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for coming on the show man. You just came out from Australia.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: I was with the Roots shoutout to legendary roots crew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that makes this. I saw a video of quest Love DJing in a pub in Australia. I'm sorry, what's he doing there? And you guys are on tour doing music.
Speaker 5: We were.
Speaker 1: Those guys are amazing and I'm happy to share the road with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to live in I lived in Australia for like ten years. How was it for you?
Speaker 11: It was good?
Speaker 1: Being an American traveling abroad is very interesting. Yeah, how people have a lot of questions, A lot of questions, a lot of questions. Thank you for coming to my show a city winery. Yeah, appreciate that.
Speaker 3: No, I love what. I'm a huge I love real. I'm I'm like playing it cool right now. But I'm like a huge fan of yours and I've been by following your Musicum no, No, that's very yeah, I don't. That's very kind. I feel so embarrassed that you've ben said that from people. But one thing I loved, like, I you know, I listened to albums and you you know, I think you've been You've been in this game for like thirty years now.
Speaker 1: I feel like current.
Speaker 3: If I'm wrong, I feel like most of it you've been kind of like almost pushing it indie style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most of me, most of it.
Speaker 3: And I feel like your last few albums not this one. The latest one, Confidence of Knowing is available on Apple and Spotify, but your last two including Black Style two. Yes, your album before that, your your solo album before that, Like you released it on like, one was on Patreon, one was on Luminary. I was like, as a fan of yours, I knew you released it, but I would have to like go and like digitally chase. It wasn't like I could just press a button and listen to it. And it reminded me of back in the day actually having to chase music. And I mean quite frankly, it made me like appreciative and more when I did find it, because it made it like kind of difficult to get in a way, like is that.
Speaker 1: It makes it special? Well, I know everybody here is a fan of Joe Rogan and uh and I think Joe Rogan is paid millions of dollars by Spotify for people to listen to his podcast. But as an artist, a musician on Spotify, I get a percentage of a penny they don't pay any artists that are far any music artists and advance like that. So I mean, I think this, what's your problem, disparity, you know what I'm saying, disparity. So, I mean streaming is very convenient for the fans. It's not the fans' fault. But if you really want to support music, you should go to band camp. You should go to fans website. You can come to my band camp, you come black Star band camp, you come to qualityclub dot com, which is a store where I sell my merch and and.
Speaker 3: Albums and anything but streaming basically.
Speaker 1: Right right right, I mean, look, go listen on streaming, but then go act support the artists, and.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a it's a mix, right mix. Some of it is that people the music on streaming is so convenient and so they use that. And the other part is people don't know you, no, no, no, They think that listening on Spotify, Apple Music is like helping you.
Speaker 1: You know, right, well, everything is dictated by the algorithm right now, and whether it's what you listen to, what you eat, what you watch on television, even your politics. So this idea that online interaction is not real. I feel like that's kind of what's helping our current political climate. A lot of people slept on the fact that particularly the right wing was pushing online and they were saying, you know, don't engage, just just ignore that. It's not real. And it turns out that these billionaires are using their platforms to invest and help push policy and politics, and so it's affecting everything. We're turning into like Ready Player one right now.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, your antidote to that is to stop get off the streaming.
Speaker 1: So this is not at all I mean, I mean, right now, as you can see, I'm on Blue Sky right now. You know what I'm saying, because as far as I can tell, Blue Sky is the only one that is not bending the need of Trump, you know what I'm saying. But I mean, you know, so there have been great communities built on TikTok, on meta, on Facebook, on Instagram, even on x There there have been great communities that have helped people. But at a at a certain point, you gotta really sort of vote with your dollars, to vote with your time and energy and all our engagement that we voluntarily give to these people we're just seeing as numbers to them, and we don't even own this content, so you have to really think about where you want to put your time and.
Speaker 3: Energy right as a consumer, as a fan, as a fan of yeah person. So like, I mean, you've you've been in this game for like thirty years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it's important to note that I'm an artist that doesn't have a platinum record, but I'm still on a day showed thirty years later, and I feel like that, you know, thank you. I hope that it can aspire people feel overwhelmed by like not getting the props they deserve as artists.
Speaker 3: Okay to yeah, come on the Daily Show.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to be mainstream to be successful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, no, for I mean, you're the I think the d that there's art that you produce and then there's commercial stuff, and that both they both have that benefits. Yes, you know, I think why what really made me a fan of you was that you kind of I think you and most death for the first guys to kind of show me hip hop as an art form and not just a consumable thing to dance at at.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah nightclub, which shout out to most has happened with alchemists.
Speaker 3: Well, no, don't shout him out.
Speaker 2: This is this is you.
Speaker 1: That's my part.
Speaker 3: But I guess, I guess because you've been here for thirty years now and you've seen what it was like three years ago. You've seen what it's like now. So what do you think the future of the music industry is going?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: Is I mean? Because it doesn't sound good from what you're.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I think. I think that when it comes to hip hop, too many people think of hip hop as what the corporations are pushing on them, And the hip hop community is way bigger than what you be on the radio, what you see on videos. Hip hop community is very vast. Matter of fact, I'm gonna defend the hip hop community more than any genre. I feel like hip hop has more social justice workers, more activists, more people to speak up than any genre, hands down. So even though we're pushed this sort of corporate, greedy, capitalistic, sexist, violent image of hip hop, when you look at the hip hop community as a whole, the this is where the artist are becoming activist at right.
Speaker 3: And But like what I guess, I was asking, like, what is the way you think if you're a musician right now and you're just getting started. Ye you know, like what is the what is the your what would you recommend to them?
Speaker 1: You know, like I would recommend that you stay far away from the music industry right and build build industry around yourself. You know what I'm saying, Like make yourself a commodity. Make yourself not a commodity, but make yourself, make it about yourself, and and bring a traffic to what you're doing as opposed to sending traffic outside of yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, right, well let's go yeah, yeah, Well, you know you've you've been in the game a long time. You're also such a prominent activist for your community politically, Like is I hate to ask you?
Speaker 1: I hate to ask you, like I'm here for the question, I know, but like you called me doctor Fumar Johnson one of the smoke.
Speaker 3: I hate to ask you, like as a black man, but as a black man, can you explain like where this appeal for Trump is coming from or where it's going? You think?
Speaker 1: Well, speaking on behalf of the entire black community.
Speaker 3: Because I'll speak for you, speak.
Speaker 1: For I am king of the blacks, obviously, I think that the way that people feel this despair, they feel to feel like the system is against them and they can't trust our leaders and they can't trust the politicians. Welcome to how it feels to be black the whole time. We even feel like that the whole time is so this is not this kind of sucks. It does suck. And this is why people, you know, they what they say, They say they want the rhythm but not the blues. You know what I'm saying. I will say this right now. I see you push you know, people out there like free Luigi. You know what I'm saying, Like I see this push for people to be like eat the rich and be anti oligarch in this push to explain class divisions in class warfare and how these billionaire class they don't care about race, racist, social contract. Of course it's not even real, but this idea that we have to focus on class above everything, and I want to make sure that we don't erase the marginalized people of color who started this fight for us and often get a race at this time because the top ninety percent, over the top ninety percent is straight white male on purpose. So in America, because America started the idea of you know, with the Atlantic slave trade, the construct of whiteness being above all. This kind of started with the birth of America because it's baked into America. You can't separate race in class. Years ago, James Carville said it's the economy stupid, But now it's the racism stupid. You know what I'm saying, Like, you can't separate everything that they do when it comes to immigration, when it comes to federal workers, when it comes to the economy. It's based on white nationalists ideas. This is why Eli Musk is doing Nazi salutes and no one, no one cares, you know what I'm saying, or they even try to defend you.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say no one cans.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is the radical left leg Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all own yeah trivia.
Speaker 1: But like well, and I want to add to that, it's not they're fooling us by making a stink. It's about democrat versus Republican. I'm not a Democrat. I've never been a Democrat. I voted Democrat before, I've never voted republican, but I've never identified as a Democrat. This is not about Democrat versus Republican. This is about good versus bad This is about colonizers versus the colonize. This is about the oligarchs versus the poor and working class people. It's not about Democrat and Republican in this country. They change philosophies anyway.
Speaker 3: Sure sure, sure, well you know, thank you. I just want to say, yeah, thank you for coming on the show. Thank you for your an, thank you for making a love ol place. Thank you for your music. Thank you your music gob me through some bad days. And also it's a soundtrack for some of my better days. Thanks so much for making it, and I can keep making music. Thanks, thank you. The confidence of knowing is about now for live quality. Everybody. Well we oh, we're gonna take a quick grave, but we're right back after this. Hey, that's our show over tonight. Now, please consider supporting the California Fire Foundation. They're on the ground worker with local fire agencies and community organizations to provide support to impact the residents in Los Angeles. If you can, please donate at the link below. Now Here it is your moment of zens.
Speaker 1: Just do a yes or no question.
Speaker 10: Do you agree with President Trump's decision to pardon these violent people and releasing them from jail?
Speaker 3: If they were truly violent. No, But do I know that they were? I don't know that. What do you mean you don't know that.
Speaker 10: We're showing the footage on the air right now. Congressmen, you were there that day.
Speaker 11: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and streamful episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 1: Paramount Podcasts.