Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the KSR Pre Show, Friday, May second, Shannon the Dude being joined by Billy Rutledge. You can give us a call on the Clark's Popping Shop phone line eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. You're a Whiskey Thief Call of the day and the text line is five oo two two six five six six five six. KSR Pre Show is always being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dinning in Lexington, which is where Billy R Sports is. And right before we came on the air, Billy you and I were practicing for our ASMR YouTube channel that will be popping up at some point in the near future. How are you doing this one?
Speaker 2: I'm great, Shannon. I thought you were going to start the show with a little ASMR.
Speaker 1: Does anybody even know what that is?
Speaker 2: Or like, yeah, I think for the most part people do.
Speaker 1: It's like were people talk like this and it's supposed to be satisfying to your ears? I don't understand it, but I have seen one of those videos before and I'm like, what am I watching? And why am I watching this? Is it supposed to be like like seductive or something like, what's the point of the ASMR videos on YouTube?
Speaker 2: No, it's it's definitely a dark side of the internet, Shannon. I mean people can be you know, generally chipper and maybe just whisper you the recipe of what they're cooking or maybe describe what they're doing. But normally it seems like somebody's trying to seduce you with it. I mean, I don't know, we're both radio personalities. Why don't we make a YouTube channel and maybe you can do your qmf ins and outs, but whisper them and post them later on TikTok or on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Shannon, should I give you a try, like a little little sample.
Speaker 2: I'd love I'd love to hear how Shannon ASMR would come in and out of a break.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was Metallica inter Sandman on qmth speaking of Salman, there's a horse running in the derby named Saman. I think I'll throw some money on the dcal horse. App Then, what do you think that was good?
Speaker 2: Was that good? That was great? I thought?
Speaker 1: Was that too loud?
Speaker 2: I must know that good?
Speaker 1: Like it's NPR radio or something.
Speaker 2: You just need to add like a pop maybe like a I hate that, Yeah, there's certain noises I don't I don't like lips my noises.
Speaker 1: The will stop. That's gross. Stop don't do that. I'm going to turn your mic off.
Speaker 2: Well this started because you were chewing into the microphone and You're like, I'm just gonna go on air and chew into the punt. And I was like, no, I hate when I hear people chew. I don't know what it is, but if you are a loud chewer, people are smacking up and down at the restaurant. It's It's worse than having a baby screaming.
Speaker 1: I was out with some friends or a buddy and his wife and he and I was like, crunching ice. You're like, you know, you get to the bottom of your drinking, you're still thirsty. You're waiting on the server to bring you some water over to refill your your cup, but you're crunching on some ice. He's like, man, she's she's about to freak out on you. Like, what do you mean she can't stand the sound of somebody chewing on ice? Well, I don't know what you want me to do about it, Like, I'm I'm eating too, you want me to? I mean, you want me to go to the other table, like what do you want me to do about it?
Speaker 2: But that is a terrible sound. It's it's kind of like crunching open up the end of a drink through a straw. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: That? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Well that's the signal to the over to hey I need a refill. You gotta do that really low.
Speaker 2: Oh that is exactly so instead of like maybe waving your hand trying to get the server's attention, you're just sucking your straw so hard that the whole restaurant I can hear it. That's a that's a funny talk at topic like maybe noises that you hate like that. So if anybody has any of those five O two two six five six six.
Speaker 1: Five six all right, so uh yeah, look for the KSR pre show ASMR YouTube channel in your future. It was your birthday yesterday, I hope. Yeah, great birthday. I know you went out to the track. Did you win any money? Tell me about your your day at Churchill Downs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well it started off great doing the studio or doing the show in studio with you. We don't do that often enough, Shannon. And that picture that Corey Price shared, I mean I was getting lit up all day about.
Speaker 1: It, as you should have. That was a mop hairdo you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, they were like that picture was taken in April of this year. Yeah, it was probably with that hairstyle. But oh no, made it to Thurby, went to a little pregame before where they had an open bar and they handed me a mimosa like they knew who I was. Oh boy. Yeah, we started the day with mimosas and it was a great day. It was fun to be at the track when you don't have a responsibilities and having to do a bunch of work. But I'm going to say something that you may not believe, Shannon, But I won every single race I bet on, Yeah, every race, every single would you do bet on one race? No, I bet on seven, But I won every single one.
Speaker 1: Yea, you mean you picked the winner on seven straight races.
Speaker 2: I had a winning bet on every single race, So now there were maybe half of them. I got the winner. I hit two trifectas, I hit one exact, and then I hit maybe two or three horses to show, So there were multiple bets on each race. I went for set went seven for seven. I'm not gonna dwell on that because nobody wants to hear how my picks went at the race. But that definitely helped the wallet.
Speaker 1: Shannon, how much money did you win?
Speaker 2: Three D twenty dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh, what a birthday. Wow.
Speaker 2: The tips have been getting at the track seemed to help right now, and maybe we'll give you some tips for the Derby a little later.
Speaker 1: Today I can give you some breaking news, breaking news. Yeah, did you see that Grande and Rodriguez have both scratched? They're out? Yeah, the Derby. Both with very poor names. Remember yesterday I gave you the grades on every horse name. I think I gave both Grande a Grande D and Rodriguez a D too. But anyway, they are both out. So if those were your Derby picks, you need to pick another horse because they are scratched out of the derby.
Speaker 2: Yep. And that means I think it's Besa is going to enter as one of the horses that was waiting for a horse to scratch. That means only Bob Bafford only has one horse in the race, and Citizen Bull as he makes his return to Churchill Down for the first time in three years.
Speaker 1: So if you're on the wait list, though, you don't have a chance of winning the derby, right, I mean, that's like the thirteenth man coming off the bench and dropping thirty on a team and knocking off like the number one team in the country. Like that's just not going to happen, right, you'd.
Speaker 2: Think, But like, I think it has something to do with the points system that these horses have to get to be able to enter the Derby. I think Beash was a second place finisher in one of the major stakes race that gets you into the Derby and was actually a better finisher that somebody that finished fourth in the very same race. I'd have to double check that, but it's kind of a weird point system that even means that good horses can be on the outside looking in. But I think generally, for the most part, you're right, Shannon. I mean, if you are on the outside, you haven't done enough journalism. Is the favorite, he may be the runaway favorite. I mean this people are talking about him like American Pharaoh.
Speaker 1: And but are you putting money though on the favorite? I mean, you're not gonna win much.
Speaker 2: Well, that's how you go seven for seven on races. Shannon is you make sure you bet on.
Speaker 1: The favorite at least, but you I mean you want good money.
Speaker 2: Though I did, I did. I could not believe it, Shannon, all these years of bad luck there. But uh, you know, Toby Keith has a horse in the in the Derby render judgment. I think we're all gonna be rooting for him for a from afar a little bit. Uh. I may give my Derby horse a little bit later. But yesterday was a great day. I mean, Derby was. It's not the same crowds, right, so you can enjoy it a little bit more. You go to today, you go out to the Oaks, or you're out at Derby. I mean it's it's pretty shoulder to shoulder. I mean it is pretty crowded. Are you excited as an owner of a horse about the race later too?
Speaker 1: Well, I was getting to do that, yeah, simply joking. Uh, she's gonna be in the two position. See I did a little study in here. She's in the two.
Speaker 2: Oh the handicapper, Yeah she is.
Speaker 1: She's gonna be running out of the two position. And she's thirty to one odds, which which is not great, But you know what, it doesn't matter that means you're just gonna win more when you put money on simply jokings thirty one odds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot higher than I thought. If I thought it was like down to ten to one.
Speaker 1: Well, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's what I saw this morning. Maybe maybe I'm okay, look, look, don't look to me for your horse raising expertise. Okay, that's what I saw this morning. It could have changed.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, that you're gonna win a lot of money, then a lot more money if it comes in at thirty thirty to one.
Speaker 1: I see a lot of people are cheering for for, you know, putting their money on good cheer. That's the favorite in the Oaks today.
Speaker 2: Okay, good cheer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by Bally, you should, I mean, you could do what you want. But I'm just saying, simply joking is gonna win that. I'm gonna win some money. And then if you put money on it, Billy, we can all win. You should take your three twenty. Let's go all in on simply joking to what to place at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or even show I mean first, second, or third, It depends on how confident it is. But if that hits at thirty to one, you are gonna make some money. I'm not sure how the micro shares work. And yeah, I have no iday out there.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, Like, I have no idea if simply joking wins, I don't even know what I would win. I have no idea. Just like they could give me two dollars and fifty cents and say sixty five pay day eleven dollars anyway, So yeah, that's that runs at five point fifty today, so we'll be pulling for simply joking. You know. I was watching also the horses as they prepare, like for the derby, they show them publicly getting a bath. It's also the only sport that I'm aware of where the participants get shown on live TV taking a bath. I'm just saying, like, could you imagine if like other sports were like that. Let's go back to Lebron James getting ready for Game seven, showering before the game. I don't know why they have to show us the horse getting a bath. I don't need to see the horse getting a bath.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, let's think about it, because I mean, half the time guys are in towels when they're interviewed in a professional locker room. I think major League Baseball. They're just doing whatever they want in there, you know, I think a big Kentucky basketball or losses in the tournament, And was it Oscar Shebey that had his back turned to reporters for like fifteen twenty minutes just wouldn't say anything, Like it was just strange. In the locker room, media members are asked to interview athletes during their most vulnerable moments.
Speaker 1: I always thought that was weird too. You'd go in there and the guys just get a towel on and you're like sticking a microphone in his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that does seem a little bizarre.
Speaker 1: Could you not shirt it up? Let's put a shirt on, man, Like, we don't need to see your nip.
Speaker 2: So now we've entered horse racing and you know we're filming them while they take bath.
Speaker 1: I don't understand, like why they filled the need to show people here he is, he's clean, he's getting a bath, Like you guys start washing a car or something like, I don't need to see.
Speaker 2: That well on cams? Are you? Guys? Were like, why do these horses have to wake up so early to work out, why not sleep in a little bit. And then we had somebody calling and was like, there's tons of horses there. You don't have a ton of time to work out, so they're just trying to get them in. But you know, I don't know, Shannon, it is. There are some weird, strange things that go along with the horse racing industry. But you know, this is a fun week, this Derby week lead up and and now the celebration of Oaks today where schools are closed and people celebrate. You're not going to the track today, Arena, No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm so much to do exactly at my Derby party tomorrow. You're coming to right?
Speaker 2: I want? I want to come to it.
Speaker 1: Well, the guys are invited right now. For anybody who's listening, you know Ryan and Drew Mario, if they're driving over from Lexi, you're invited to come. I know you won't come, but you're invited to.
Speaker 2: Hold on. Now, I'm going to make every effort to come. But this is a marathon of a.
Speaker 1: Day, Shannon, already make an excuse, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean seven am to seven pm, Billy r Sports has got to be out there working.
Speaker 1: Uh what exactly. You say, you're working, what exactly are you doing? You're going up and you're interviewing the jockeys for w h AS.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So for years I've done the infield rain or shine. You go out there and you find the drunkest person out there, you say, don't cuss, So we're gonna be on the radio.
Speaker 1: God, that's dangerous. So you're you're not pre recording.
Speaker 2: Those No, you are, Yeah, they are all pre recording.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah, that's smart. You don't want to You don't want to take a hot mic into the infield on one of the biggest sticks on AM radio. You just that's dangerous.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all. And then so the rest of the day is about helping out the WHAS broadcast. They are set up and broadcasting throughout the whole day where they have a cast of characters, including Tony Kruz who is going to be retiring soon as they go through the races and things like that. And so they asked me to go out there and interview some some jockeys and trainers, and then you know, you just kind of stay busy because it's i mean, what is post time for this race now? It backs up every single year. It's almost like seven o'clock. Is it that late six fifty or something like that, So, I mean it is a long day. So you're car pulling with Mario though, right I am. I'm car pulling with Mario.
Speaker 1: There's a chance bring Mario over to the party.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a chance. We may have to wait till the end of the whas broadcast to pick up a piece of equipment for KSR next week, So that means we may not leave the track till like nine pm, eight thirty eight. You think the party stops it now if you're gonna be partying at like eleven, ten thirty eleven, and I don't have to get Mario back home so we can go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Well Mario's the young one out of the group. I would think he would be the guy that could stay up late.
Speaker 2: So I'm worried about Mario because my man has got to turn right around and get on an airplane to go to Scottsdale for the bet Gala.
Speaker 1: Wait is that Sunday? Oh yeah, never mind, you're not coming to the party, then it's it's over. There's no way he's doing that.
Speaker 2: Mario, it may just have to be along for the ride. I'd say, Mario, we've got to go stop at Shannon the Dude's house and he's just trying to get to sleep. So I will keep you posted. Shannon, you can make fun of me if I don't show well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all these years you said you never invite me to your derby poor to you. Well, I'm inviting you, and if you don't show up, that's on you. Hey five nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven, we want to hear from you. Give us a call on the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. Clark's Pumping Shop, of course sold a lottery ticket, oh no, earlier this week or was it last weekend? And there was a follow up story to that. We'll get into that a little bit later on. But of course I want to start next segment with the big news about Kentucky basketball, Turkey basketball scheduling a game with Rick Patino and Saint John's. We'll get into it, we'll talk about it, we'll take your calls. Coming up next here on the KSR apprecio. This is the song Run for the Roses by Dan Fogelberg. One of those really cheesy like horse racing song. Do you know this song?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it's got shades of the Cincinnati, Ohio song. For me.
Speaker 1: This when I was in like elementary school, we had, you know, music class. I remember they made us listen to the song, and for some reason it has stuck with me my entire life. It's one of those songs that's really cheesy, but you hate to admit you kind of like it a little bit. You know. I listened to it once a year, usually on this day, and we play it, so you know, there you go. In ksr true fashion, we always say Matt has said it for years. Facts are optional, and in that last segment our horse racing discussion, we may have got some facts wrong. I may have gotten a fact wrong. The simple junkiing is is now ten to one. I said thirty to one, so that's forget that. I said thirty to one, and then and then I also said, like it's not happening. There's no way a horse is going to come out of the reserves and ended up winning the derby. And you told me it happened to win two. So like I said, it happened. Now you're in the last three.
Speaker 2: Years, rich Strike entered the field. After a couple late scratches, he went off at eighty to one and won the Kentucky.
Speaker 1: That's right, rich Strike is the one that won the derby and started eating all the other horse.
Speaker 2: You went viral right after the.
Speaker 1: Winner, rich eating the competition. Yeah, I love that horse.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like so the points system is a little weird. So the horses that can be laid editions are can be contenders. But you know a lot of factors in play. You know, is it gonna rain? Is their mother a mutter Shannon? So still some exciting developments.
Speaker 1: Ihe and Derby week. Of course, you can bet it on DraftKings the DK horse app. Go to the DK horse app opt in bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the derby, and if your pit crosses the finish line first, you're gonna win a share of one million dollars from the prize pool. Billy who's gonna ran Supreme? Well, you can download the DK horse app use the promo code KSR horse. That's code KSR horse. On the DK horse betting app, you bet five dollars or more and if your horse crosses, you get your share of one million dollars only on draft kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Gambling problem call what in one hundred gambler eighteen plus twenty one and plus in certain states to open, own or access and advance deposit way during account and resident of state where DK horses available. Eligibility restrictions apply. Void We're prohibited opt in a place a five dollars or more straight win bet on the derby. First eligible bet only must win to share one million dollars cash reward via click. The claim expireds in thirty days into May third. See terms of dkhorse dot com slash bet, slash offers, slash details All right, Kentucky and Saint John's. It was announced yesterday Mark Pope and Rick Patino jumped on a zoom call and announced that it's going to be going on in Atlanta as a part of the CBS Classic December twentieth. Saint John's is going to replace UCLA and now we have the game that everybody's been talking about since Mark Pope took the job here at Kentucky. Got to get Rick Patino on the schedule. It's not going to happen at Raparina. But but at least we got the game in Atlanta. Does that satisfy your your I guess want of a Patino versus Kentucky matchup even though it's not in Lexington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm fine with it, even though it is not at rupp Aerna. This is what we wanted, Shannon, Me and you were on the same page. Even though Yukon is a great program right now and Dan Hurley would be fun to beat, you want to play Ricky p. It means so much to this fan base. It means so much to the coaches of this team, like Mark Pope, who was the captain for Ricky P. And this season is going to mark the thirtieth anniversary of Kentucky's ninety five to ninety six championship runs. So this is the perfect time to do it. I cannot believe the stars have aligned for this to happen. Thank you Mick Cronin and UCLA winding their way out of the CBS Sports Classics so we could get a little Saint John's Kentucky. And now this immediately becomes the best matchup the college basketball season next year, don't you think.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Saint John's is gonna have a really, really good team. They're projected to have a top three team going into next season. You know the problem last year they were really good, but they didn't have any shooters. Right now, you imagine that team last year. You throw in you know, let's say a couple of really good three points, that's a deadly team. If they had just a couple of guys that could shoot some threes. I mean they when they played Arkansas, they couldn't hit a layup. I mean it was it was really bad. But I think, you know, if he had some shooters to that roster. He's bringing in Bryce Hopkins, it's, oh yeah, yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be a good match.
Speaker 2: A little reunion for Bryce Hopkins as well. But you know, now it's kind of flipped a little bit. I think if you have one concern about the Kentucky roster, it's that they don't have the same three point shooting as they did last year. And maybe what's necessary and Mark Pope's offensive system. So this is exciting though, I mean, as the rosters to continue to carve out and we you know, everybody's ranking these teams, I think this will be the game that we circle and Shannon, as we were so disappointed this last year. The one game I felt like the fan base really wanted to win was Arkansas and they couldn't do it. And now we'll go into the season with this game circled, probably just as big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, looking at the schedule right now as it is, they've got the Killers schedule. Listen to this first game Michigan State or November. Let's just say November eighteenth. I'm assuming that's first game, but it could be one before November eighteenth, Michigan State and the Champions Classic. December fifth, Gonzaga in Nashville. Yeah, December thirteenth, Indiana at RUP.
Speaker 2: That's that's easy, easy game.
Speaker 1: December twentieth, Saint John's as we just mentioned my Bellarman Knights coming into a rep Areena December twenty third. D of that list, of course, you got Louisville in Louisville, you got the sec ACC Challenge, and you got n C Central at Roup. So I mean, right now, you look just looking at like the names on there, I mean, I know, Indiana, you know, maybe not be the Indiana of the past, but still, I mean, I look at that schedule and think, man, that's that's really good start for next year already, just looking at the names on there, it's going to be tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people are drinking the Louisville kool aid as well after the first season with Pat Kelsey and the transfer portal class that they got. So maybe that's like a top five, top ten matchup between Kentucky and Louisville this year. Maybe that rivalry gets a little ig night when the guys don't like each other as much. Mark putting Pat in a headlock, or at least that's what the image showed us after the game last year. That was a lot of fun. So look, that's that's an exciting lineup so far. I mean even throwing Bellerman with not with Scottie, but with his son. And you hope that this team can win some big time games and and hopefully improve their seating enough where they can get a one or a two seed this year. It just makes it so much easier to get to maybe an Elite eight or a Final four.
Speaker 1: So Bellerman, is your Kentucky school that they're playing this year? I know you would say Western Kentucky, but is there any other team out there that you would like to see add it to the schedule, not necessarily from Kentucky, just just across the board that.
Speaker 2: You like, just in a general yeah, like non conference you're saying, yeah, well, you know, I've always thought of, you know, the Maui Invitational as something that we would want to get back to, but obviously we do the BBN Invitational, I think, and in from a you know, an overhead view, would Kentucky want to give up those home games and that revenue to go compete in something like that? Who knows? That might be a tough sell. You know, the acc SEC Challenge is still in effect, right, So is it possible we get paired up with Duke or North Carolina in that game because we got Clemson last year? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how they you know, determine that who they're going to play, but yeah, I mean Duke North Carolina. So that would be your pick, Duke or North Carolina?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, or maybe a team like Villanova, who's going to have two former Cats, I believe, Devin ask you, and then the guy that just decommitted from Kentucky ended up going to Villanova.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't mind, Yeah, yeah, Kaden losing. I wouldn't mind seeing like a Houston being added, you know, because they've had a good run.
Speaker 2: It's a good test. Calvin Sampson's great coup.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I mean, if you're looking at the strength of schedule right now as it stands, is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, it doesn't have to get too much tougher, especially if you take care of business in the SEC. You'll get to where you want to be. But i'd love to play a big name like a North Carolina and Duke. I just I don't know if they'll schedule the Duke with the Tampions Classic and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So we'll see eight five, nine, two twenty two eighty seven. Last night, Billy, we had our OVW show at the Waterfront Park. Oh yeah, it went well, man, It was awesome, a lot of fun. So we get to do that once a year. Always good to uh, you know, take OVW out on the road. Cash was there, Cash, Daniel? Oh yeah, good, and I had had another match one again. He's two and oh right now. For those of you keeping score at home and building the high, yeah, we'll look forward to Cash his career just launching at OVW. New owners were there too last night. We'll take your calls. Coming up next. Eight five nine to two, twenty two eighty seven, KSR. Preacher, Metallica, a little inner Salman right there. Sadman of course, a Derby horse. That's I guess, one of the favorites, right, other than journalism, the Sadman, one.
Speaker 2: Of the the favorites. I'm gonna say it's one of the more over bet horses. Because people like Metallica and they like that. They sent some like I guess shirts and that was col go to Sandman. But I mean, Salmon is probably one of the most to four horses in the field. It's one of those gray horses, even though the old gray mayor ain't what it used to be. Was that the song?
Speaker 1: That's the song?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Eight five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. That's the Clark's Pupping Shop phone line. Clark's Pupping Shop, as you probably know, just sold a lottery ticket. They only got thirty seven thousand dollars out of it. Billy, we thought that, you know, the convenience store that sold the winning lottery ticket would make a lot more money than that, only thirty seven thousand dollars or one hundred and sixty seven million dollars that this guy in Georgetown won. Right, and did you see the the latest on that story. Oh yeah, you know you think, okay, you won one hundred and sixty seven million dollars, You're gonna go off to an island somewhere, retire and never to be heard from again. Wrong. This guy, James Farthing takes his his elderly mother and his girlfriend down to Florida, probably down there, you know, looking at some some high rises, trying to find maybe you know, vacation home, maybe a place to move. So yeah, exactly celebrate. You think all is good? Right, Well, somehow this guy that won the lottery ends up in a scuffle down there in Florida, which results in him kicking a cop in the face. His girlfriend, who is named you cannot make this up Jacqueline fight Master, ends up getting into the brawl. They both get arrested. I'm sure he's probably out by now. He probably used some of that one hundred and sixty seven million dollars the bell himself out. But well, I mean, like, what could be so wrong?
Speaker 2: Billy?
Speaker 1: After winning that kind of money, Why would you want to fight at all? If I win one hundred and sixty seven million dollars, I'm not fighting anybody. Life's good, Like, what's there to fight about. I'm getting out of here. You're not gonna hear from me ever again if I win that kind of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you stressed about? I mean, you are made for the rest of you, of your life if you save the money. Right now, we know a lot of lottery winners don't. Apparently this guy had a bit of a record before he ever won the lottery. He then goes down to Florida, punches a hotel room guest in the face, kicks a cop in the day to get away his girlfriend. Like you said, Jacqueline, fight Master was drunk trying to fight patrons at the.
Speaker 1: Bar, living up to her name. You can't be called fight You can't be called fight master and shy away from a fight.
Speaker 2: Where's my bell? Yes, ring the bell for that exactly. But I mean, our people were in my neck of the woods where I'm from, Panellas County. That's where they got arrested. So I know it's a great place to vacation. But you're I mean, you're doing your dirty work in my hometown. So I hate to see that, but you know, maybe not too surprising after hearing about more details about this guy and his record. Now, did you ever decide whether you would take the lump sum of seventy seven point three million or would you take thirty annual payments of one hundred and sixty seven million.
Speaker 1: I kind of won it all at once. I want it all up front.
Speaker 2: Even though it's ninety million less.
Speaker 1: But I mean, okay, so then if you get the where they give you installments, do you get all of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so. I mean, I'm sure they'll take taxes away.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, lump sum is much less than what you would get with annual payments, so you would be.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I kind of want it all right now because I want to take all that money and throw it into like, you know, some sort of account to where I can get four to five percent interest and just let that money grow on top of that and I'll get right back to where I was, and you know, fairly quickly.
Speaker 2: I would think, Well, I mentioned it with lottery winners, but a lot of professional athletes go through this. It was one of the first thirty for thirties called Broke, and it's a fascinating study about how people that are given millions of dollars when they've never had that type of money can just blow through it extremely quickly. And not only that, but every family member you have ever thought that you knew comes out of the woodworks, right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, everybody. Everybody wants some money all of a sudden. You got friends you didn't know you had.
Speaker 2: Yah, I got an operation shan anyway you could cover the cost here? I mean, you just want one hundred and sixty seven million. You're a bad guy if you weren't to help me out at that point. Well, yeah, that's that's the guilt, the guilt that they put on you.
Speaker 1: Of course. Yeah again, though, I just don't know, like how you get yourself in that situation. You're a lottery winner, life's good. Why would you fight anybody?
Speaker 2: Like? Why put this a shady aison?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Take a corn bread, hemp gummy, relax on the beach. You've got it made.
Speaker 1: Poor mom don't understand it.
Speaker 2: He was like he had the oversized check and he's like, it's gonna be a Great Mother's Day. You know, I'm gonna pay off some debts.
Speaker 1: Got what about you? Are you taking all the money at once or are you gonna get because I mean you, you know you're a little a little bit younger. You taking the money out in installments over time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm a penny pincher man, so like I, I don't really go to the mall and and shop, like, I'm not looking to spend a ton of money. So I think I'm taking the annual payments, like, I think that's more than enough for me until my bougie lifestyle catches up to me, Shannon, and I'm eating caviar and champagne every morning, and that's when I'll need my payments to come in a little bit sooner. But yeah, I think I'm taking the payments. I think I think if I got seventy seven million that the snap of a finger, I'd be much more inclined to do something stupid.
Speaker 1: We'll talk more about that on KSR coming up next hour. From tent till noon two eighty seven. Let's go to the phones and talk to Joey. Hey, Joey, what's up, Joey, Joey, Joey they're joey. All right, let's move on. How about Grandma Sarah.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, the last thy to you and Matt. I've been talking about horses, how they get them out in the mornings and all this, why they don't do it in the afternoon. Okay, a little something for you. The race horses are kept One of the reason they keep them in do it morning early because during the days they are kept in their stall. They take them out at night and they graze at night. They keep them out of the sun because they keep the dolls their coats when they're out in you know, hot sun and all that.
Speaker 1: Don't want the horse to get a sun burned Grandma Sarah.
Speaker 4: Huh, well, I guess it's okay, no, but that's true. That's I know that. I won't go into why I know it. But the horses are calling these big horse farms, you knowing like Lexington and everything, that the horses rabbit not grazing it not. And then they keep them in the barns all day during the day. Uh. That's one of the reasons that they do the things early in the morning too.
Speaker 1: They gonna they gotta they gotta get out there before the sun comes over. The horses are kind of like vampires. They don't like the sun. They gotta be out of the side at all times.
Speaker 4: Well, like I said, is to keep their you know, so their coats. They don't fight that out, you know what I mean. Keep them shiny. You are a shiny horse, that's right.
Speaker 1: Nobody, nobody wants a dull horse. You got that right, Grandma Sarah. Would you take all would you take all the money at once? Or would you want it like an installments? If you want the.
Speaker 4: Water, I take it all at once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I'm with you, Grandma Sor especially at my age.
Speaker 4: My gosh, no, I take it all.
Speaker 1: Still young, you're still young. You get a great you got a lot of future ahead of your grandma. Okay, see you, Drake, Okay, we'll see you then. Looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a that'll be a fun show with Grandma Sayah showing up once again. Speaking of horses, nineteen of the twenty one eligible horses for the derby this year, we're fold in Fayette County. So you think of Lexington as the horse capital of the world, It really truly is.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now, Shannon, do you have a Derby horse that you want to give us. I mean you you're all, you're an owner in the Oaks, But do you hear enough to look at the horses in the Derby Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, we went through all the names yesterday. I grated them very fairly and accurately, and most of them got a D. Sandman is the one that I like the name just because of the tie in with Metallica, and Metallica is sort of embracing them and you know, sending their merch to the owners and everything. But then I hear about this TikTok guy, this TikTok star that's tied in with sand Man, and because of that, I kind of don't I want to pull for the horse now, But I guess I guess if I had to pick one, I'm kind of conflicted. But if I had to pick one, I guess I'm still going Sandman. But okay, you know, I don't like that they've tied in with this this TikTok guy.
Speaker 2: Listen, the rock DJ better pick Sandman. I mean, this is the year for that to happen. I'm gonna go number nine Burnham Square. He opened at twelve to one maybe a little bit of a long shot. He won the Bluegrass Stakes at Keenland. He is a closer. He has Brian Hernandez Junior as his jockey, who won the Derby last year. He'll look to become the first jockey to win back to back Derbys since I believe it was Victor Espinoza in fourteen and fifteen. Victor Espinosa dated my fraternity's sweetheart.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow, so that was strange, okay, but you got a little history tie in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, a little personal connection. I think that's how you win the most money, is you bet on a horse. Maybe not everybody else is betting on I'm going number nine Burnham Square.
Speaker 1: Who got a rare KSR pre show call from Bob and Jamestown.
Speaker 2: Oh, Bob's got a Derby horse for us, for sure. What's up Bob?
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, this is a friend of Mine's got the horse tomorrow. He's starting on the nineteenth slot. He's way out there. But this chunk of gold, he was a nine hundred dollars claiming horse, but he's already turned down. My buddy Terror Stevens has turned down two million for that horse. Anyway, he's stating four stars, he's won one and come in second and third. So you put him in with your trifector and superfected and you're gonna get some money.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: A wet track. But that's that's my Derby tip for the day. Everybody have a big time.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, Bob, Thank you Bob. What do you think about that? Chunk of gold is one that I didn't give a D two. I think I think I gave chunk of gold like a B maybe yesterday. So I'm just saying maybe chunk of gold and Sandman I need one other one. I don't know what other horse.
Speaker 2: It's funny because those two are just complete opposites. Bob is right. I read some reporting by Nick Roush on KSR that chunk of Gold was purchased for only twenty five hundred dollars compared to Bob saying nine hundred, so it's probably pretty cheap. Sandman was a one point two million dollar prize tag, if you believe Nick. So that's just the opposite ends of the spectrum. And look, you're out there trying to buy a Derby horse. You never think it's the one that's what nine hundred dollars or you get it for only twenty five hundred, so it's already reaping the rewards there. So interesting pick from Bob that would definitely be a long shot. You said you need one more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I'll take the one that you had was you said, Burnham Square, Burnham square nine. There you go, there's my three journalism.
Speaker 2: Though may run away with it. It may be one of those years. Oh yeah, he just goes wire to wire it is. That horse is in shape.
Speaker 1: Well I'll take I'll take those four horses then, okay, the four horsemen superfective like wcw Rick Flair, the four Horsemen, I got them right there. Journalism, Burnham Square, Sandman, and chunk of Gold.
Speaker 2: Yep. And I have Kentucky Joe's pick somewhere.
Speaker 1: When he gave us Joe, you know, people say, like you know, Oaks day, what comes to my for me? It's Kentucky Joe retiring YouTube big here which she dares the devil. When he came on this show what was KSR? He came on KSR Kentucky Joe and he said that she dares the Devil's going to win, and U T. Big Hair said, I will retire if she dares the double wins. And of course you know what happens. She dares the double wins.
Speaker 2: But U T.
Speaker 1: Big here he did not keep his promise. He did not retire, which is poor form.
Speaker 2: Still selling those shirts and all the merch stores at Keenland and Churchill Downs. And so you know, I wonder if we'll hear from him at all today. Matt likes to bring him all him, bring him on now and then. But if you go by that logic, maybe he should just bring on Kentucky Joe.
Speaker 1: Hey five nine and two, twenty two eighty seven. We'll take more of your phone calls. Coming up next, it's the final segment on the Way of the KSR apprecial final segment of the KSR pre show eight five nine two a twenty two eighty seven. Before we get back to it, here's something you need to hear about Kentucky. I Am Hope. Growing Up with an Addict is a powerful true story from Steven Hope, a Henderson County, Kentucky native, and the book is a real resource to help break the cycle of addiction. We already know how hard addiction is hit the Bluegrass State. You can find it on Apple and on Amazon. The audio book even comes with exclusive bonus material as well. Check it out. I am hope it's a Kentucky story with a purpose. Shannon the Dude and Billy Rutledge And uh, I don't know if you saw yesterday Billy cam Williams and Denzel Aberdeen both put on the Kentucky jersey for the first time. How about how about Cam? What the the sunglasses on? Did you see these pictures?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't. And is this like the recruiting visit Ryan Lemon puts on a jersey and they take pictures or what the guys are finally uh doing the photo shoot? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're putting the putting the jersey on for the first time. He show it up in a little bit. Now, Yeah, you like the sunglasses? Is it gonna be? Is it gonna be? Playing in sunglasses? I don't it looks good.
Speaker 2: What about that big k Cheney's got on too? Is it Is he gonna play in that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, but but uh yeah, looking good man look good in the jerseys.
Speaker 2: Sunglasses can do a lot for ugly people. Shannon not saying that.
Speaker 1: Cam William ugly.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying it can enhance somebody's image quite a bit.
Speaker 1: We were talking last segment about the lottery winner. Of course everybody's trying to be that guy's friend. But how many friends, Billy do you have? We were talking about this on KSR yesterday. Mark Zuckerberg is creating an AI friend where people can you know, chat back and forth with this AI program that that basically learns who you are and and is your friend. We were, you know, saying, okay, how many friends do you actually have in your real life? First of all, what would you consider like a true friend, not like an acquaintance, but like an actual friend. What are the rules for considering somebody a friend?
Speaker 2: That's a great question. I think it had to be somebody that you would pick up their phone call, right, I mean if they called, and no necessarily have to have their their phone number in your contacts. But if you saw the name of the person that they were calling, would you be looking forward to it? Would you answer the phone? I think that's that's what you do it for me.
Speaker 1: You you'd have to have their name, if you don't have. Okay, First of all, if you don't have the person's name in your phone, they're not your friend.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's not true at all, Like people.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you're really opening up the boundaries on what's a friend. If you're my friend and I don't have.
Speaker 2: You can't be friends with somebody if you don't have their phone numbers? Show what a ridiculous take that?
Speaker 1: That is not ridiculous. You think it's ridiculous that I would consider somebody to not be a friend if I don't have their name saved in my phone.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying that I can still be friends with somebody even if they aren't in my phone, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, that's not a friend. Okay, I think you're you're not separating the difference between I know that person and they're my friend acquaintance versus friend.
Speaker 2: There's a big difference. Well, look, I'm talking about friends, like I'm not talking about like who comes to my derby party.
Speaker 1: That's that's a friend. That's a friend. If somebody comes to the derby party, somebody hang out with.
Speaker 2: So somebody that's something a little more than somebody that you don't mind talking to somebody that you won't wouldn't just bounce stuff off of. So somebody you would meet in.
Speaker 1: Person, yes, okay, okay, yeah, since you're really bad at it, put in the boundaries of what a friend is, I'm gonna say somebody friends with a lot of that you would hang out with, okay, and that you have hung out with in the past six months.
Speaker 2: That's a much better distinction. There, you go, I have barely any friends then, okay, and then you're just like Mark Zuckerbert. He said, I think the average person has like to no. Two or three what they would call actual friends. Oh wow, so I would say probably, Yeah. I think twelve is a good number. Eleven twelve, ten, eleven, twelve, something like that. That's what you have, or you think you have less than that? No I got. I mean, I'm thinking about it now, and maybe I'm just really bad with this game. But I've got more than twelve people that I would hang out with for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't even have their name in your phone.
Speaker 2: I might hang out with somebody whose name is not in my phone. That's right, Shannon. That is not a crazy concept. But you know, like, which would I be willing to put myself on the line for twenty twelve people, you know, probably not so. I mean that's a that's a slow number though for Zuckerberg. But he's a billionaire, right, i mean being rich makes you lonely at times. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you how many friends you hit you say, I'm saying like friends, like actual close friends that have you know, hung out with me, been in my house in the past six months. I'm going to say, like eleven twelve. I kind of keep the like a small circle. I'm not just inviting anybody over to my house. Apparently you are. You don't even know who they are, and you're still.
Speaker 2: All the air we're friends. I mean, I'm not limiting my circle at all, Shannon, but if we're hanging out, then it's probably a much less more like twenty.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you have a better take on this. I know you didn't see the draft. I'm gonna go through the Tubby Smith era picks that we did yesterday on KSRH. You tell me who has the better team. I'm just gonna give you the starting five. All right, Here's Matt's team, Ramel Bradley, Keith Bogan's Jeff Shepherd, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Estel, Marquis Estel, that's his team. Ryan's Cliff Hawkins, Jody Me, Eric Daniels, Scott Paget, Jabal mcglore, Drew's was Wayne Turner, Gerald Fitch, Azabuki, Chuck Hay's, Randolph Morris, and now I give you Oh yeah, mine was razoron Rondo, Joe Crawford, is, Shumu Evans, Tayshaun, Prince, Nazi Mohammed. Who has the best team?
Speaker 2: But you go in with yeah? For me, I mean I look at Matt's team with Bogans and Shepherd and even Ramel at points, so that could be one that I'm leaning towards. But I don't hate your team, Shannon.
Speaker 1: It's a good team.
Speaker 2: I thought you did solid.
Speaker 1: I actually got the first pick this time. Yeah, so it's amazing.
Speaker 2: What think you? I think you listened to the conversation, Well.
Speaker 1: It's amazing what happens when you get the first pick versus the last pick.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: DK Horse app Download it right now. Promo code KSR horse bet five dollars. Your horse crosses the finish line, you're gonna get your share one one million dollars. Only on the dk horse app KSR horse. If you have a gamely PUBM one hundred gambler eligibility restricts apply, void will prohibit it. See terms at dk horse dot com. Slash bet, slash offers, slash details. KSR is up next. This has been the KASR pre show. We'll talk to you later, ye