Speaker 1: All right, let's get in here today, and eyes up here. It's an eyes up here YouTube of extra. It's eyes up here on the Creedive controlment, working audio form, it's eyes up here everywhere, but eyes up here directly between me and the Chad sir, of course, and you, the Queen of Extreme Franzine, as we stettle in to discuss topic that we've been building up for the last two or three weeks, Dark Side of the Ring, Season four, talking about somebody you know very very well, somebody near and dear to your heart. I'm dying to get your thoughts on the episode one and only, Chris Candida. But before we get involved, how are you.
Speaker 2: Doing this morning? I mean, I've been better. I have been crying this morning. I was hoping to go into this episode like like, oh, it's this celebration of his.
Speaker 3: Life and and all this stuff, you know, like.
Speaker 2: A positive thing, which I thought they showed him in a very good light. But it was hard to like relive a lot of those moments because for a lot of them, I was there and I saw a lot of things happened to him and to her, So it was difficult for me to sit through that you know, without feeling some kind of emotion, and it's it's it just makes me so upset because like he again and and it'll lead to this in the discussion, but he was so young and so full of life. And what was so heartbreaking was not only like his brother's take on it, but his mother. A parent should never have to, you know, bury their child, and it was it was just so hard to watch for me. It's just really really difficult to watch.
Speaker 1: As somebody who you can say was universally loved. And we saw the emotion from everyone that they spoke with about Chris and what he left legacy wise in the business and just the impact he had on people and just from being around you and Shane over the last six years, I've felt it.
Speaker 4: And I saw him at shows.
Speaker 1: That from Afar, I saw my conventions from Afar, But just to see the impact he made on you guys has been fascinating and piecing it all together, you can't help but feel your emotion come through that screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: We you know, we had a lot of good times, but I looked back and I was reliving, like some of the things that I saw him do that in that moment I thought he had control and so I didn't, like I think it was that big of a deal, but it was. And there's a lot of things I've never discussed before because I, you know, I don't want to be that one person who breaks k fabe and talks about people's drug addictions or alcohol problems.
Speaker 3: But it's out there.
Speaker 2: You know, it's out there and it's known, and I've seen Chris do a lot of things, you know, like, uh, I've never been a drug person. I've said this before, Like I've taken like a pill here and there. I was on Delauded when I broke my hip, so I know the feeling that you get from these pills, but thank the Lord above, I've never got to the point where I was addicted. You know. The delaud it was the first, I think and only time I was ever prescribed any type of medication like that. And uh, at the time, I needed it because the pain was excruciating.
Speaker 3: With these guys go through and girls, with what they go through every.
Speaker 2: Night, you can't imagine the feeling that your body goes through because.
Speaker 3: It is not I don't care what anybody's it is not normal. Even though you're training. It is not normal to put.
Speaker 2: Your body through that pain and through that uh you know, process of bumping each and every single night.
Speaker 3: Like, it's not normal. It creates trauma to the body. It's damage. So I understand that.
Speaker 2: A lot of these guys got like addicted to the pills, the drugs. However, the you know, there was not only the Soma's, but like there was cocaine use.
Speaker 3: I like, I remember one time we were going.
Speaker 2: To the one of the shows and I got out of the car and I knocked on Chris's door and he was he had something in his hand and he was rubbing in against his gum vigorously rubbing it. I said, what are you doing. I didn't know what that was, and it was it was a rock of cocaine and apparently you get high when you rub it against your gum line. Like I didn't know any of that stuff, you know, And at the time, I was just like, oh, okay, I was young, I was naive.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what it did to you.
Speaker 2: I didn't try it, you know, it wasn't my deal, and I just went about my way. I said, well, he performs every single night, solid is there anything to worry about with him. I don't think so that was my mind set. You know, one night he took horse tranquilizer. He was on the roof of the building and we thought he was going to jump off the roof.
Speaker 3: I so many things that I look back and I'm just like Jesus, like all this stuff.
Speaker 2: And then he dies, like Cornette said, he breaks his ankle and it's a blood clot.
Speaker 3: And why the hell did he get on that plane.
Speaker 2: Why if he didn't do it, he would have been alive, hopefully because he was straightened in his life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just so terrible, terrible to watch.
Speaker 2: And uh, there's another story I've never I don't think I've told this publicly. This affected me, and I think it made him and I a lot closer. I was at my hotel one night. I feel like, I'm not doing this to bury him. I'm just I'm just telling you my like my experiences with him and her. I get a phone call from Paul Hayman and he tells me you need to go over to Chris Candido's room. And I said, what's going on? And he said, I think he's a dating I was like, what what?
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking where where where Shane? Where's Bambam? Like? Why am I getting this phone call? Please go help him? I get so I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: So I had to get on a shuttle because I wasn't at the same hotel for some reason, but they were close by and the I asked the shuttle, can you take me? And he took me and I went and I walked into the room and I found Chris on the bed in the fetal position, just rocking back and forth, back and forth, covered.
Speaker 3: In sweat, and I said, what did you take? What you know?
Speaker 2: And my heart is pounding. And with that the phone rings. His phone rings. I pick it up and it's Tammy and she says, you are the only girl that I trust to do this. Please help him, Please help him, because she wasn't with us at the time, she wasn't there.
Speaker 3: And I said okay, and she said, Paul's going to call back. So all called back. I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I was panicking. I was in a panic. I was crying. And Paul said, check every drawer, check the room, check under the bed, check under the mattress, checking everything. I opened one of the drawers and I found a bunch of needles, and I found these little vials. I didn't know what they were, and I said, Paul, I found, like, I don't know how many, there were a bunch of them. I said, there's these little tiny vials and he said, get rid of it. And I said, how do I get rid of it? And he says, flush it down the toilet.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: So the vials like they had that rubber that you can only put the needle in, like that little cap.
Speaker 3: You couldn't un twist it or anything. They were tiny. So I got a needle and I started extracting the jug, which I found out was Newbane after I read everything. It was Newbane. And I started squirting.
Speaker 2: I'm just spin all over the I'm squirting in the toilet, I'm scarting in the sink. I don't know how many vials I got rid of that evening, but I got rid of them.
Speaker 3: And I remember I sat next to Chris.
Speaker 2: I put my arms around him as he just rocked back and forth, and he, I mean, he was dripping in sweat, dripping in sweat.
Speaker 3: And I said to Paul, what do I do?
Speaker 2: And He's just like, just stay there until he falls asleep and then in the morning we'll go over and we'll get him. And I was like, okay, and that's what I did. I put him to bed.
Speaker 3: I waited, I waited, I waited, and.
Speaker 2: Then finally I went back to my room. I talked to Tammy and she was thank you, thank you, you know. And the next day he was fine. He was fine, and Bambam came to me and he said, you got rid of the stuff that was in the drawer and I go, yeah, and he put his head down. He shook his head and I said, what's the matter and he goes, it was mine.
Speaker 3: And I said, I didn't know what I said.
Speaker 2: Paul told me to get rid of it, and he said, well, it was four hundred dollars worth of I said, would you like my paycheck? I offered to give him my paycheck and he said no, that's okay, and he walked away, but his head was down.
Speaker 3: And I said to myself, my god, I was told to take care of him, and God, what if he would have died?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Like I didn't, I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I wasn't for I'm not familiar with this type of addiction. So I literally I panicked. I was panicking, and I just I just did what I was supposed to do, you know, And like Bamban wasn't mad, but he kind of was just like but like he looked like he was super bummed. And I was like, I'll give you my I'll give you part of my paycheck to cover the cost.
Speaker 3: I said, you know, Paul told me to.
Speaker 2: Get rid of it, and he's like, no, it's right, and he knew it was for the better because if I if me or someone else didn't show up that night, and Chris continued to take that like God forbid, what.
Speaker 3: Would have happened, right, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's when I said to myself, something's wrong, like this isn't normal behavior, but it wasn't my place to step in. And I just told Chris, I said, look, we're here for you, but you scared me. And he's like, oh, don't worry about it, I'm fine, and he went and I remember we that was one of the only times I think we had, like we got on this tiny, tiny plane. I don't know if it was chart a chartered plane just for us, but it was one of those tiny ones that you take because the next down isn't like too far over. So it was mostly us on the plane, and he sat next to me on the plane and he was joking around and he was fine, And I'm just like, how do you bounce back from something like that so quickly?
Speaker 3: And that's why I said to myself, maybe like is this a pro or is this just.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Maybe it just got a little too far one time it was an accident.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but apparently there was much more.
Speaker 2: Like even watching this back now, apparently there was much more to.
Speaker 3: It than I even knew existed back then.
Speaker 2: And you know, you don't want to be a stooge, you don't want to get your friends in trouble. Well, when Paul calls you and tells you to do something, you're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: And I you know, whether it would have.
Speaker 2: Been him or somebody else in that locker room, I would have did that for any one of them because they were my family. It was very difficult just to watch and because then all these thoughts came back in my head, and you know, I was there for a lot of this stuff between him and her, and it's just it was it was a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish they gave them more time, But I don't wish they gave them more time because I wish they could have told more of the story, but only more of the story would have had more stories similar to what you're describing now.
Speaker 4: And I like where they kept the story.
Speaker 1: Again, I know it doesn't have a happy ending, but they kept it in a focus on Chris's life and Chris's passion for wrestling and his love of the business and just how the Dark Turn brought stuff down. But I wish they gave them more time to tell more of the story because they've given them two hours for other shows or ninety minutes. I just wish they got a little more time. And that's where that was a little unfortunate, because I mean it kind of went like, uh, he broke into he was running shows in the backyard, then he was in Smoking Mountain. Then one day he's in the WWF. Oh that was in ecw Oh, now.
Speaker 4: He's in Tnah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they we did get We did did get one glimpse of the triple threat throwing up the triple threat symbol. We did get one brief little glimpse if you paused it, but they completely missed, uh when they were in WCW. Apparently that was not a good time. That was just no are with some of the worst.
Speaker 2: You would think they would bring that up because that's when they found the newbanees right, Allegedly Kim Page found the new bane in the in the bathroom stock.
Speaker 3: Right, and that's when it got fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think that would be a huge part of the story, whether or not. You know, Tammy's you know, part of the story is saying that that wasn't mine, that wasn't hers.
Speaker 4: That's what she says.
Speaker 1: But still it's a part of the story that carries the narrative that they had these continuing problems that would follow them. All Right, Francine, we're getting back in here with Isaac here and we're talking about native sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, native sunscreen has been great. You know, we're talking earlier that it's been kind of chilly, and I use sunscreen all year round. I don't just use it in the summertime because you always have to protect your skin from the uvveras So I started using it as soon as I got it, and even though the sun's not out anymore.
Speaker 3: I use it on my face underneath my makeup, and it's been working really well.
Speaker 2: Also, the pool is going to be coming up, so I'm going to be using a lot of them in the summer.
Speaker 3: I love the feeling is soaking up the sun this time of year.
Speaker 2: But with all that time in the sun, I'm always worried about protecting my skin. With Native sunscreen, I can give my skin the protection it needs and soak up some much meat sun as well. Now Native is quickly absorbing it's ultrashere. Hydrating and lightweight sunscreen formula offers broad spectrum of SPF thirty protection from movie A and UVB rays. All Native sunscreen is made with a twenty percent active zinc oxide formula that is dermatologist tested and suitable.
Speaker 3: For sensitive skin.
Speaker 2: All Native sunscreen is made with oils derived from plants that seal in skin moisture and is vegan and cruelty free.
Speaker 3: You can choose from one.
Speaker 5: Of Native's three delicious but subtle sense like coconut and pineapple rose or sweet peach and nectar for your face and body, or you can try Native's unscented option.
Speaker 2: Now, I like the unscented option. I don't like to smell things especially when I use them on my face. So right now, even though it's not a scent, I am.
Speaker 5: Really digging Native's unsented sunscreen.
Speaker 3: I apply it every day. I use it on my face.
Speaker 2: If my upper dec latee area is being exposed, I also put it on.
Speaker 3: There, and it protects me because the sun is there. Even though there's clouds, you might get some rays coming through. So I use it winter, spring, summer, and fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Francine, did you know with all native sunscreen you get protection from the sun that is free of chemical actives like oxybenzone, octinoxy and ava benzone, which makes native sunscreen compliant with the Hawaii Actwell four, which is passing an effort to protect Hawaii reefs.
Speaker 3: Did you know that? I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Well, So give your skin the protection it deserves with Native's minimal sunscreens. Go to Native doo dot com slash Francene or use the promo code France scene at checkout to get twenty percent off your first order. That's Native d eo dot com slash fran scene. Or use promo code frand scene at checkout. Native d eo dot com slash fran scene or use the promo code fran scene and tell them is a here sent you.
Speaker 1: I do like that they brought up the Puerto Rico stuff because again, that's another vital part of the story because that's where he decided, no, we got to do the turnaround. And when he came back to the States, I remember it was like he came back like wildfire. Because again I grew up in Jersey and any weekend you could find.
Speaker 4: Chris on a show.
Speaker 1: You can find Bam Bam on a show in those two thousand and four two thousand and five year or two thousand and three two thousand and four years, and Chris was putting on those same shows that he was before he jumped to ww AF for Smoking Mountain or wherever he went.
Speaker 4: But I just felt that was my.
Speaker 1: One critique is that they just went boom boom boom from each place that he went. And I think they could have with that, with time being what it is, they could have pinpointed some specifics Innach territory.
Speaker 2: I helped run an all girls show in Texas the week before he died, and I booked Tammy on it and Chris came. Chris came with her and he wanted to work, and I said, it's an all girls show, and he goes, I don't care, and so he put I think it was Amy Lee. I think he put Primetime Amy Lee over because he just and I said, Chris, there's no budget, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I just want to work. He goes, I can't sit here and not do something, and he worked and he put her over. And that's the kind of guy Chris was.
Speaker 2: You know. The brother said it when when he started, and Johnny when he when Chris started, he would just drive the shows and even if he wasn't booked, he tried to get on them, and there was no payday.
Speaker 3: He just wanted to have fun because he loved the I'd never met a guy who loved the business as much as Chris Candido. Never in my life. Everything was wrestling. Everything was wrestling, and he wanted to make it fun and make it a good time. And I said it a million times. If you look at the Triple Threat, Chris was the comedy guy. Even though he could work his ass off and he could cut a promo, he was the comedy in that you know, trio of men and just made it so fun. One thing that stands out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was Cornett or mcfoley who said it, but they said the biggest addiction that Chris had was Tammy. Yes, okay, And that got me. That got me because you know, Tammy has had her share of suitors, whether they were broken up or not. I mean some people would argue the fact and say they were still together.
Speaker 3: She always had said no, we split.
Speaker 2: Up when I was with Sean or you know, but the other people that she was with, and you know, Chris just seemed to let it roll off his back, and that makes me sick to my stomach the way he just took it that I never understood. I understand you want to keep your your spot. I get that, but that's your girl, Like I don't. That part to me, like blows my mind. That dynamic with those two shit when they were good, they were so good and I loved them as a couple.
Speaker 3: But then you you.
Speaker 2: Go back and you see all that kind of stuff that she did and it's just like God, it was hard.
Speaker 3: It was just hard to digest that part for me.
Speaker 2: I don't that, I don't the infidelity like that, I don't, I don't know right under his nose. I've seen it where the wives or even the husbands are home and girls are and guys are doing their own thing. But god, you're on the road together.
Speaker 3: How could you?
Speaker 1: And the fact that those stories have been bannied about four years a thud when I got the internet in nineteen ninety seven. That was being talked about on the internet in nineteen ninety seven. Okay, and they were still very tam you still in the WWF, and Chris was still technically under contract to the WWF.
Speaker 3: But in ec.
Speaker 4: Amazing how.
Speaker 1: The narrative changed though, because when Chris was alive, they were still together on paper. When Chris passed away, that's when it was revealed, Oh no, we were on a break. So I don't you know, I'm obviously just as an outsider, we have to go by what we hear. I just can't believe how much of an outward he must have had nerves of steel to be able to hear that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't just about Seaw Michaels.
Speaker 1: It was other people that were said and rumored for years that And look, I'm sure Chris, good looking dude, jack to the gills, he could have had anybody he wanted.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I've never heard.
Speaker 2: Of infidelities by Chris. I've never heard of it.
Speaker 3: Not one time. He was so in love with her, and I remember the guys used to be like, why why there's so many pretty girls out there? And that was part.
Speaker 2: I think that was part of like, you know, before she came over to ECW, I said this in other interviews, like I was warned about Tammy. You're not gonna like her, You're not going to get along, And I'm like, why not. Oh, she's very difficult to deal with her egos through the roof.
Speaker 3: She's this, she's that.
Speaker 2: And I never had a problem with Tammy never. I don't even think we've ever really had an argument. And I've known her. When did she come to the ECB.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember what year she so.
Speaker 1: I believe she technically gets there ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I've known her since nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: And everybody said, watch out, watch out, she's going to try to steal your spots. She's going to try to do this, she's going to try to bury you.
Speaker 3: Never never did she so in that.
Speaker 2: You know, I've never said a bad word about Tammy business wise, and she's been my friend for years, and everything that I've said, I've said to her face.
Speaker 3: I've set it to her face.
Speaker 1: Yes, you guys said that on camera to each other. Yeah, there's a shoot interview where you guys talked about stuff you've said to one another.
Speaker 4: You've you've talked about it in person. I want to just clarify one thing.
Speaker 1: Tammy did make appearances in ninety seven because she was there right next.
Speaker 4: To Paul Hayman helping time right.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so that's when I'm at her Okay, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But she was not full time with ECW until ninety eight, So that's I just want to clarify that.
Speaker 4: Just Cambrane, as the timeline goes through my head.
Speaker 2: Well, whenever she came, we clicked from the beginning, and I said it before her. Chris, me and Shane would would go in like days early, or stay a couple of days after and make like if we went to Fort Lauderdale, or if we went somewhere sunny with a beach, or we would like take it as an opportunity to vacation, you know, and just hang out and have a good time. And I never ever ever gotten any kind of arguments with her, uh, personally or professionally. She was a pleasure to work with. And I will say that and stand by that. I loved working with Tammy.
Speaker 3: Loved it.
Speaker 2: So everybody who told me she was a nightmare, I was just like, Wow, you know, you hear like I always hear things about people, But I'm the kind of person like I'll be on my toes, but I'm gonna judge you for how you treat me.
Speaker 3: And she never treated me poorly.
Speaker 2: And you know, to this day, I love Tammy, but I hate the person that she's become. So before anybody comes at me for saying, oh, she's a murderer, she's this, I know what she did and I hate that about her.
Speaker 3: I hate it. And the way.
Speaker 2: Things are looking, I will probably never speak to her again. And that breaks my heart. And it hurts me to see a girl who had the world by the balls and had everything in the palm of her hand, everything that she could want. She had a loyal boyfriend, a job where she was on TV and she was the focus of attention.
Speaker 3: She had the talent, she had, the charisma, she had the beauty, she.
Speaker 2: Had everything, and she made it all disappear because of freaking poor choices.
Speaker 3: You know, you correct mistakes. You can't keep making.
Speaker 2: This mistake over and over again and expected to you know, be Okay, how many times did she do this to herself? I can't give her a pass for that just because she's my friend and.
Speaker 3: I love her. I judge her by that now, and it infuriates me.
Speaker 2: It makes me so mad because I know the person she was before all this stuff happened. And I'm telling you right now, as soon as Chris passed away, downward spiral, I've.
Speaker 3: Seen such a change.
Speaker 2: And people, you know, like doctor Tom he wasn't fond of her, you know, when he was working with her, And I get that, but I didn't see that that side of Tammy. What I saw was a good person until Chris died, and she was still good to me. But her lifestyle changed her. You know, the men she was saying like, some of them were okay, but then there were a lot of them who.
Speaker 3: Were just straight up losers. And she started drinking heavily more.
Speaker 2: And it was it got to the point where I told her to her face, you have a problem. You need to get help. No, I'm fine, I can control it. I don't have a problem.
Speaker 3: And when I watched it and.
Speaker 2: They played the voice recording of her and she was laughing, Oh, seventy uys and she's laughing. I don't care if that's a nervous laugh or not. That is infuriating.
Speaker 3: I have kids.
Speaker 2: I'm on the road with my kids, taking them somewhere, and some asshole drunk driver hits me.
Speaker 3: God forbid, No, that's not okay one one time you do it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's not okay once. But she did it seven eight times.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't give her a pass for that because she's my friend. I love her, but I hate her at the same time. I hate I hate the person she's become. And I'll tell her that to her face too, she ever sees this, I will tell her that to her face.
Speaker 1: Well, when she came on with us, I mean she's telling us about how she had the best jobs and they loved her. Yeah, I mean she essentially never learned from the mistakes no.
Speaker 4: That she made.
Speaker 1: And then after she was on with us, we I think we had the last interview that she had.
Speaker 4: She might have done one.
Speaker 3: First, I know, we had the first one.
Speaker 1: We had, but then I think we had the last technically before everything happened with the incident with the driver that she hit, and she essentially learned nothing from that interview that we were conducting. I mean, it was jokey and it was this, and it was that, and it was amazing. But your your vigor has I mean, it's built. It's built over the years. You could just by knowing you.
Speaker 4: I've seen you. Know you you say the same thing, but I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Because like you said, that could be you or I in that car that that was struck.
Speaker 2: It's it's disgusting, it's disgusting. She had the money because of this only fans thing.
Speaker 3: That she was.
Speaker 4: She was dominated.
Speaker 3: She was making money hand over foot.
Speaker 2: She would text me because I was still talking to her this whole time. We were still friends. I was still talking to her. We had just done Russell Keid together and it was the first time that we ever roomed together, believe it or not, because she always roomed with, you know, Chris, she.
Speaker 3: Was only always on the road. She always roomed with Chris. This was the first time her and I shared a hotel room. We had the best weekend, not a drop of alcohol.
Speaker 2: I told her, I'm not going to drink in respect to you, because I you know, I don't want to, you know, entice anybody that can't control their liquor.
Speaker 3: So I and I don't have to drink when I'm on the road.
Speaker 2: You know, we ordered food, we watched TV, we laughed. You know, she was showing me her only fans page. She was showed me the guys that were on there. She was making so much freaking money. You mean to tell me, if you have to go somewhere, you can't call an uber to take you.
Speaker 3: You have to get in the freaking car drunk. No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That is inexcusable and it's disgusting and it makes my stomach turn.
Speaker 3: And I would tell her that.
Speaker 1: If you don't mind, let me ask you a question on the timeline. What do you remember about Chris and Tammy's suspension for me?
Speaker 2: Cw I, I see, I don't really remember them not being around for that long. I know the part where they talked about the credit cards, like Chris always would tell me, oh my god, we bought this, we put the flates on our card, and now he's not given me any money, Like I remember living through that with them because we were all going through kind of similar situations. I don't know how much money he was owed.
Speaker 4: It was a lot, they it was a lot.
Speaker 3: It was a lot.
Speaker 1: Tammy gave the numbers on one of her shoot interviews and if that is the true number, and then.
Speaker 3: Over one hundred thousands.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it was more. It was Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was incredible because they ended up losing their their house, their dream house that they had in the around the area where I lived in Jersey, and the mom confirmed that they lost the house because of the credit card.
Speaker 3: Debt, right right, I do remember all of that.
Speaker 2: I remember when I remember being really angry when Tammy did the TNN peace. Yes, I feel like Paul exploited her and that that it shouldn't have happened. And I know it was for ratings, but I feel like he took advantage of her. I don't know what the leverage was with that, like you know, we'll get your job. Was it you'll get your job back if you do this for us, so to speak, or something like I don't to me, it was that was too much and she was so vulnerable and it was that was painful to watch. I didn't like seeing her in that light, so I think he I think he definitely took advantage of her in that situation.
Speaker 3: But I don't remember them not being maybe.
Speaker 2: Because I kept in touch with both of them, Like I was still talking because we were friends, so I was still talking to them. But I don't really know how long they were gone for, Like.
Speaker 1: It's more of a road suspension than it was overall because they were working technically in the office because of the flights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like how how long was it? Like I don't I don't know, I don't remember, but like I do know that like E.
Speaker 2: CW is where Chris shined. It's where he I mean, he was talented every run that he had, you know, pure talent. But I feel like in E CW. He was on top where he rightfully deserved it. I've said it a million times. I think that him and Shane should have you know, he should have turned heel or some I mean we were heels anyway, but he should have turned on Shane and had a run for the heavyweight belt.
Speaker 3: I think that we could have did so much, the four of us could.
Speaker 2: Have did so much with an angle like that and we teased it for a little bit, but it never really, nothing ever happened. So I just man, I just look back and it's just both of them so talented, so so talented, and to see him with that impact TNA footage and how happy he was and.
Speaker 3: How good he looked, and you know, that morning.
Speaker 2: That he passed away, I was I was just leaving my house. I lived in Delaware. I was going to the Philly airport. I had a gig in California. I had a flight in like two hours or something. I was just getting ready to get in the car and my phone rang and it was Tammy hysterical telling me Chris had died.
Speaker 3: And I just froze. I was like, why what? And She's like, he's gone, He's going.
Speaker 2: She was screaming into the phone, and I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I like panicking. Can I come live with you? She has to live with me? I said, oh, Tammy, I you know, I don't. I don't know. You know.
Speaker 2: I'm getting ready to get on a plane right now. And to this day it breaks my heart that I did not get to.
Speaker 3: Go to his funeral.
Speaker 2: That that is a memory with me that I just can't like shake it, and.
Speaker 3: But you know I would two hours my flight.
Speaker 2: I had no idea, like if it would have happened before, I could have made.
Speaker 3: Plans and stuff.
Speaker 2: But that that always breaks my heart that I didn't get to go because I was away. You know, I was there for I don't know how long I was there for, but I was there when the funeral happened. And that was a hard one for me because I loved Chris with all my heart still do. I still do, and when I pray at night, I always include Chris and Louis in my prayers.
Speaker 3: Louis Pecoley.
Speaker 4: Always got a small glimpse of him as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Brad Bradford mashing on the way to the Ring with Skip again just I you know, for if you're a YouTube member, you saw our preview of Dark Side of the Ring, and you know, Francine has gone a record many times saying not a big fan of the series for the negative light that it has shed on many, many, many personalities and incidents throughout the history of wrestling. I tend to agree, although I have said that there are a few episodes I do like this one. I have to put at the top of the list, and I reached out. I said to Johnny Candido, I said, this was a wonderful put together piece, and I hope your family got what you guys wanted out of it, because I think it was well done and it was gripping and it was emotional, and I very I as a fan of Chris, was happy with how it was done. So I was hoping that they were as well, and it seems like they were. So it was, you know, again just just for I mean who they called. I mean, they talked to Lance, they talked to Cornett, they talked to the doctor. To the way they broke down, I mean, that was that was you couldn't you couldn't not be a human being and feel that emotion coming off the screen from from those guys, I mean, and then the field coming from you.
Speaker 4: The impact that he.
Speaker 1: Had on his his canadres and his his coworkers is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: His friends, That's what we'll say it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like watching that.
Speaker 2: To see Cornett break down like that, because you know, I'm not really familiar with Jim Cornett, right, I know, like I've seen his work obviously, but like the person Jim Cornett and everybody talks about his podcast and how he shits on everyone.
Speaker 3: And it was touching to see.
Speaker 2: Him break down like that because I've never seen that emotion from him before. So you can tell he generally loved Chris, and you know, he's the one that gave them their break, their start, and he always spoke highly of Chris, so that was nice to see. I was a little shocked that Shane wasn't involved with this project. I thought that he would be one of the guys that they would call to talk, but he wasn't.
Speaker 3: You know, he wasn't one of them.
Speaker 2: But the people that were selected, you know, knew him and loved him.
Speaker 3: And talked about him in positively.
Speaker 2: You're not going to meet I mean, I don't know if you'll ever meet anyone that talks about Chris in a negative way.
Speaker 3: You can't professionally. There's no way anybody.
Speaker 2: On this planet could talk about him negatively professionally because everything that he did was for the business. I mean, you saw that room when when his brother walked through the room, and the drawings and the pictures and the belt, and God, he loved the sport so much.
Speaker 3: You know, he just loved it and it killed him. It ultimately killed.
Speaker 2: Him if you think about it him.
Speaker 4: It was wrestling, Yeah, very true.
Speaker 1: Johnny told me all about the room and it's he said, it's kept the way it was left. Yeah, in that in their house, it is the way it was left, and that it's he calls it Chris's office, and it's the way it was left back then.
Speaker 4: And it's that what you can't you can't feel the.
Speaker 1: Impact that he left to somebody who knew him, but you can feel the impact that he left on an industry. And when something can immortalize it like a piece like that, that that'll never go away. And I hope that somebody last night watching it for the first time discovered Chris Candido and it is going to go back and watch matches, watch the good stuff, not focus on the you know, some of these things that weren't so great in life, but look at the stuff that he did.
Speaker 4: And and like Cornett said, he would.
Speaker 1: Still if he was active today, if he was still wrestling, which I'm sure he would have been because he wasn't that old, he would be one of.
Speaker 4: The top guys in the industry.
Speaker 2: He would be in the sport in some capacity, whether it would be as an active wrestler or a coach. I mean he would be He would have been a tremendous coach or agent. You know, he'd be somewhere definitely probably aew how would.
Speaker 3: Be my guess.
Speaker 2: He had so much knowledge and just been doing it for so long.
Speaker 4: But let me tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a little context. And I mean, and I don't know if you know parts of the story. By about two thousand tuish two thousand and three, you know, the reputation had preceded him because of the association and because of the history with him and Tammy. He was trying to get back in with WWE and the trainer per you know role, and he was trying and basically was told like, look, you gotta prove it. You gotta show us that you're good, and if you're good, we'll bring you back. Because he was training guys. He was he was in that room when the rock was being broken in. You know, he was there early in ninety six when he was still an active guy on their roster. You know, when he was when he was hurt. You know, they basically transitioned him into helping train guys in like two thousand and two, two thousand and three, he could have been brought back, but unfortunately, because of the stigma there was at the time, he wasn't and that's a shame.
Speaker 4: And he could have been and built a huge, huge career out of that.
Speaker 3: His life would have been different because it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't have He would have been wrestling in TNA and broke his leg or his ankle. It's just, man, It's funny how life works.
Speaker 3: I just something like a doctor telling you, okay, don't get on that plane. Why did he get on the Why would why would he risk his life for one freaking show? You know what I mean? Like heel up, he was in his mind.
Speaker 2: He was probably like, you know, I'm in this angle and they're gonna push me and I need to be there.
Speaker 3: And god, they would have waited for him.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he was mad.
Speaker 3: They would have waited.
Speaker 4: He was great.
Speaker 1: He was helping catapult that team. They became such like a great part of that Impact Show or whatever it was called at that time. And Tammy said, you know, he could have stayed at you know, and Shane said it to They could have stayed at Shane's place. They had plenty of friends in the Florida Orlando area, just you know, he wanted to get home, Jesus. So, if you haven't had a chance to check it out, I'm sure they're rerunning it.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's gonna pop up on YouTube. I'm sure it's on YouTube now. It is on YouTube.
Speaker 2: How many people put the episode up already, the whole episode, So.
Speaker 4: Do yourself a favorite check it out.
Speaker 2: It was just really really hard to watch, really really difficult to watch for me.
Speaker 3: I loved seeing him again.
Speaker 2: I loved seeing you know, the footage of them in the ring because he was so good.
Speaker 3: He was so good.
Speaker 2: Dare I say, hardly anyone better than Chris as an overall performer, Like he was just so freaking good.
Speaker 3: And just just a waste.
Speaker 2: Just makes me so angry, Like both of them just make me so freaking angry. It's just and I can't imagine what his mom is feeling watching that back, Like it's just horrible.
Speaker 3: It's just it's a horrible thing for a mother to lease their child. Sad Kah. I was dreading doing this today, Like, yeah, just dreading it. I knew I was gonna lose it. But I just I just loved I loved him.
Speaker 6: I love him mhm, and I love her, and I just I just.
Speaker 3: That's our that's from that's our picture, because I know that background.
Speaker 2: A m.
Speaker 3: Just makes me angry. It's terrible. He had so much more life to live and so much more to give.
Speaker 2: And people were saying he died a long time ago from a broken heart, and that.
Speaker 3: That makes me upset as well. I know how much he loved Tammy. I know it, and I do think that she loved him to an extent. Just god, it's just such a messed up story.
Speaker 2: I was just happy that I knew him, and you know, we had a very very strong bond and a good friendship, and I could remember us sitting around laughing, joking. You know, it went beyond being colleagues, and he was a dear friend of mine.
Speaker 3: I just I miss him. I think about him every day. I miss him.
Speaker 2: And when the mother said I wish I could have been there to help him like that broke my heart because there was nothing she could have did. I mean, the only thing that she could have did was comforted him and held his hand and said that she loved him.
Speaker 3: But she couldn't fit the situation.
Speaker 1: Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. Again. Please, if you haven't seen it, go check it out and do yourself a favorite. Educate yourself on Chris's career and watch a match or two and see what he left on the business, because it's a very strong impact. So if there's nothing else to add, Francine, I'll wrap it up for you and we'll catch you next time on Eyes up here for the Queen of Extreme, says the Chancellor.
Speaker 4: No gimmicks needed,