Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco. And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is January sixteenth, twenty twenty five, and we are ninety eight days away from the twenty twenty five NFL drafting Green Bay, Wisconsin. As we welcome you to the Draft Show presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Today we've got Nick Harris, Brian brought us Vatch Lombardi with Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans, as we are excited to bring you all sorts of draft insight here over the next forty five minutes. I want to get right into it because we do have some Twitter on the twenty today. We've got some great questions flying in. I tweeted it out late last night. Give us your questions, give us your your insights. I will compile those as we go along, and we will ask some of those questions, try and get to as many as possible. But I wanted to start with holes to fill. Of course, there's a lot of intrigue around coaching decision, a lot of intrigue around what they're going to do from that side of things. We'll stick away from that for a little bit. We've talked about at the last two shows. Until they hire someone. I want to talk about what we know around this Cowboys roster. I think that's a pretty safe bet and that hole, that mentality means there are holes to fill up front in terms of this Cowboys team.
Speaker 3: So I will start with you watch offense, defense.
Speaker 2: Where do you start if you're the Cowboys and you're looking at filling some of those different voids along the way.
Speaker 4: You know, we could just say BPA, but I want to say, like the best big dude that can make you tough, real faut right, you know what you have to do? Is or just I do this? I don't want to be fairybody is. I'm looking at the rivals. I'm looking at the dudes we have to line up and play against and boil. And we play against a lot of tough people, play against a lot of strong offensive line man, a lot of athletic offensive line.
Speaker 5: A lot of dudes want to run the ball right at us.
Speaker 3: I think are defensive line.
Speaker 4: We gotta fix that. We gotta fix that. And you know, everybody wants to hear us go wide receiver. They want to hear us go running back, and you need that too, You need all those things too. But if I can get tougher first, that's a you know, that's the thing we'll just do one day. Would you rather be tougher or would you like rather go wire receiver first? I think we have to get tougher first, and then I think you can live with whoever you sign as the wide receiver that's ready to play right now. If I'm really tough at one take, if I'm really tough at guard or whatever, we think that we're missing left tack or whatever you want to say, But yeah, get bigger, get you know, get bigger, get tougher.
Speaker 6: You think this team is built to win the division and not win the conference.
Speaker 7: Well they're not winning the built to win the division anymore just because the Eagles.
Speaker 3: But you were built.
Speaker 7: But I understand what you're saying. I remember that same sentiment on you had on the break, and I think I think it's very spot on because you look at the success that they had in twenty three when they were healthy. Yeah, built to win the division. Eagles fell apart, but yes, built to win the division. But then you go and you you play up against a really tough team in Green Bay, or if you were to somehow get across that game, you play a tough team in Detroit, you were going to get smacked in the mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I kind of feel like that it's built. I think Will has a really good understanding of how to win this division. And I wonder if he's now kind of looking at his board thinking like, how can I win this conference? Now he's got to have it's It's going to be interesting now with what the commanders have done at quarterback. You know, you'll see what happens with the Giants. I was on with Jeff Cavanaugh this morning, he and I doing our Trust Tape podcast, and I sat there and he talked about a mock draft he did where he kept trading back because that's what Jeff Kavanaugh does.
Speaker 3: He didn't have enough picks to fill all the holes he had.
Speaker 6: He didn't draft a wide receiver, you know, and now you know we're talking about you know, you mentioned about wide receiver get tougher and all that they might not have enough picks to fill all the things that you're asking us to do college and sore.
Speaker 3: So where do you have to start?
Speaker 6: Where if you had to sacrifice something, Nick, you say, Okay, I don't have enough picks, but I could live without this, but I got to have this in order to watch is telling me I got to be tougher. I don't think I can win the conference because I'm not built the right way. And Jeff Kavanaugh, who was a Draft Show disciple, is telling me I kept training back and I still didn't have enough picks to grab what I needed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think is that a problem we're going about to deal?
Speaker 3: Which problem?
Speaker 7: It really depends on what happens a free agency, but yes, it's it's it's certainly a problem.
Speaker 3: You don't expect anything to happen, nothing happens.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'll see because I mean, Eric Hendricks filled a hole. That's why I say that, because that was one less linebacker you had a draft last year. So if you can bring an a yeah, bringing Eric Hendricks back, then I don't think you necessarily have to worry about the linebacker position. But I would if I had to sacrifice anything, though, i'd sacrifice the secondary. I don't love the safeties, and I think you have some liabilities at corner, but I would sacrifice the secondary to to plug holes elsewhere.
Speaker 3: I hate when I talk about safeties when I'm with him.
Speaker 4: I agree with Nick because you can go, Okay, give me the best free safety, but your one tach's bad.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You have to fix the fundamental baseline stuff first. Sure, so yeah, fix your front seven first. Why do you have a free safety that's just sitting back there Roman all day? Because we can't get past rush starts to start the show this year. And that's the first.
Speaker 3: Name I marked it on my list as the first name mentioned that.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter what to be a caw as it matter if you have a great king, if your guard's up front, but they're gonna get in and shoot your king.
Speaker 3: But we're playing chess now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's exactly why I mentioned him, because when we're on the board at twelve, he might be the best dude there. Starks might be the best dude there. You got to ask yourself, man, And I know we just spent premium picks. This is what cowboy fans really mad at. We just spent picks at left tackle and one tech back to back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we might have to do it again.
Speaker 4: We might have to get tackle and d line and have to rive it up just because we allegedly air quote is early, I know, but we just air quote missed on those guys. Well, if you haven't, you know, drafted safety in the wild Cowboys have had a safety that we love. And so my one tech I got questions, my left tick, I got questions, you know. So you know, linebackers another one. We hurt there, We hurt there, and we may not get the linebacker group that we really love until the year after that.
Speaker 5: So it's questions.
Speaker 6: My man's talking defense the whole way. He ain't gonna let you take an offensive player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, old line got to my bones though, But I think I think got to start defense because we're gonna, you know, wide receiver in the first with a thin white receiver.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 4: Me and Brian just talked about some wide receivers yesterday. Boy and that boy, that kid from Texas Exactly. It just it just depends on where you go get them. But I think, hey, if you want to guard, I think you find guards later. If you want a running back, you can definitely find running backs later. I think where you need to what you need to get as dudes, and the best dudes that you need to go for first are like those front seven guys. That's just my opin.
Speaker 3: I want to put a pin in that Texas wide receiver conversation. Just second, you.
Speaker 2: Said Bolden, Golden, Golden.
Speaker 7: They do have a Ballond too, and there is a bold, but.
Speaker 3: I could bind, uh Golden.
Speaker 2: There's three different receivers. There's Golden, Golden, and Bond. Yeah, those are the older guys.
Speaker 3: Golden.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so making sure, yeah, yeah, I was making sure I heard that correctly.
Speaker 3: I do want to talk about that later though.
Speaker 7: I know this is a little hypocritical because I just said don't draft secondary. But if you're sitting there at twelve and John A. Barron, is there a guy who can play anywhere in the second taking. He could play it outside, he could play a slot, he could play a rover, he could play a safety free strong wherever you want to put him.
Speaker 6: You're taking him, Oh yeah, I'm taking it. But let me ask you this though, you're taking him or you're going to take.
Speaker 7: Banks, And that's the question. That's the question.
Speaker 6: I just asked you the question. O man, you got say you have say, okay, give me okay. Likely McMillan gone, right, yeah, we kind of likely.
Speaker 3: Likely. I mean we've had some seedy Lamb situations. Likely.
Speaker 6: McMillan gone, if they If I don't know, I have him as receiver one, depending on what you think about Hunter. Where you want to play Hunter?
Speaker 7: Okay, McMillen receiver Arizona?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yeah, but.
Speaker 6: If you're looking at say Burden, Abuca and Golden.
Speaker 2: Missouri Missouri State Texas, right, all these guys, Yeah.
Speaker 6: You have to say these things. You can't just have a conversation. I know I've been it's been like beat into my head. Say the school, Brian, say the school. Like I think the people that watch the show are smart enough to know the players sometimes sometimes But okay, the McMillan's gone, three wide receivers.
Speaker 3: Banks and now Baron. Think about that where you're going.
Speaker 7: So the three receivers are gone, you said.
Speaker 6: No, Burden's there, Ibuka's there, Golden's there, and then you have a chance for banks and then now you have to bearn and those are all available at twelve.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not risking going receiver that early. I think I think I would still go either Banks or Barron, but I'd be open to either conversation. I think if it were me right now today January sixteenth, i'd take Banks.
Speaker 5: Nick let mention this, So do you have Banks at guard or tackle?
Speaker 7: I think you can play either. I think that's the situation. You get him in the building and figure it out.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you this, tackles go this high all the time. Guard has got to be Quentin Nelson to go this high. I think he could be okay cool. I think he could be cool cool, So it's worth I feel that good about it. You didn't expect that one, don't You did not expect that one.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't personally think he's Quentin Nelson that guard. I think he's a really good Kelvin Banks that guard. I think he's probably best at tackle as my own person paying everybody's gonna disagree about that, but I think if he's a guard, he's got to be that kind of dude.
Speaker 5: If you're going to take him that early.
Speaker 3: Do you do you?
Speaker 6: Guys kind of hope then to pray that Graham then from the Michigan Tackle gets to you at twelve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, we having a party, what you mean, Yeah, a golden correct.
Speaker 6: With Graham, with Graham Trump all And here's that one technique thing.
Speaker 3: It is wearing that Michigan.
Speaker 7: Seeing Kenneth Grant earlier this week.
Speaker 3: See that's see. And I have Grant.
Speaker 6: I have Grant as my second one technique. So now behind behind Grant Graham.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Michigan, Michigan, both of them. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I can already here the chaos ensuing out there on the Tostitos Plaza.
Speaker 2: If they drafted Michigan, somebody just threw up and already, like we talk about pin throws on the draft weekend, somebody.
Speaker 3: Just already threw one across the board.
Speaker 4: So with Graham though, and this is the one thing that's annoying really, all right, we pick at Twitch, you get tougher Man, Graham is tougher. Graham's not gonna make it to forty four, is he?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: No, that's the problem. Now, that's a problem. So there's a lot of guys that I like.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 3: There's about Grant. It's about Grant.
Speaker 5: Kenny Grant, can Grant?
Speaker 3: You said Grant?
Speaker 4: I said, Graham, Yeah, but you said Grant's not making it to forty four, I don't think well, of course, neither one. But yeah, I think he gets picked in the first Kenny Grant Michigan, definitely. I like him a bunch. I think twelve is too rich, but he's not gonna make it to forty four. And we may have a question from one of our peoples about trading back and all that, but I thought, I think that's a perfect trade back type candidate situation. It just depends on how far you want to go back. If I can move back, get Kenny Grant, get another pick, draft running back later, I think we can go party.
Speaker 3: There are so many different elements.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just talked about holes to fill, and here we are bouncing around all that.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying, and it need picks, You need picks, and but in a thin what we're all talking about a thin draft. There are good players in this draft, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't have the depth that we were used to. But you can find some guys. And that's what I'm saying. Though, you do you trade back in this draft knowing that it gets thinner when you go back? I mean, or do you just go ahead and take the guys that are on the board and then try and navigate the rest of the draft.
Speaker 7: I would just try to maximize top one hundred picks, sure possible. Like if I'm moving back on the first and I'm keeping up not getting a top one hundred pick out of it, then it's not worth.
Speaker 2: It, especially at twelve, because you think about how rich it was to move from twenty four to twenty nine last year. Yeah, you picked up a third round pick in order to do so. Now you're moving from twelve to whatever level. How comfortable would you be? How far back would you see comfortable?
Speaker 3: To me? You want to know my trade back guy?
Speaker 6: And if things start it looks really muddy and kind of crazy Green for Marshall, Like Green, Marshall, Yeah, if you if I had to trade back into like late first in the twenties, okay, you know if you heck, I would like I would, you know, depending on who's on that board. But I said, if it was muddy, I would consider Green in that situation right there, that edge from Marshall.
Speaker 4: I am not trading back from McMillan from Zona.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh genty running back Boise a dual Card. None of these guys gonna be the I'm just saying Carter Penn State Edge, Mason Graham, Travishon's not gonna be their vises on the board. Everybody else can they can get traded back from. So if Burden is there, I love bird out.
Speaker 2: So you've only got five names on that list that you would say we're sticking and picking.
Speaker 4: Because I think yes, because I think those dudes are like bona fide.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can't leave these guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like if Burden is there, if a Buka is there, if Banks is there, I'm looking at like ten picks back. I may like somebody ten picks back as much as I possibly like Burden or a Buka or something like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'll move Simmons, Ohio State tackle.
Speaker 4: I think he's the best tackle, but I need the need. I need doctor Cooper to Tamy what is what his he looks like? But I think he's the best tackle in this draft though.
Speaker 2: You have to figure that one out in Indy. Yeah, it's gonna be a pig one ran stepping on a soapbox here.
Speaker 7: Yeah about the I agree with you about Burden, but we need to stop overthinking Burden. There's some people that are like a burden. I'm good. I'm good off Luther Burden. I'm completely not. This is a hell of a place. He looks.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're saying people are off him? Yeah?
Speaker 7: People.
Speaker 3: I love the question around.
Speaker 7: To stop overthinking Luthor Burden as a draft community as a whole, we need to stop overthinking Luthor Burton.
Speaker 3: Quick acting like you can influence people.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying a lot of people, at least in Cowboys circles, are saying it's ceede Lamb.
Speaker 3: I would love to have to Lambs. He's not like great, He's not.
Speaker 2: But in terms of where you would play him, he's a slack guy and can bump outside if you want him to. He can play that ax if you want. But there's that back and forth versatility. Then you got to you guys that can do that are okay with it?
Speaker 3: Can you mind me taking a minute here? Can you please?
Speaker 6: Guys tell me about what you think about the kid Williams of Wider Seer from TCU.
Speaker 7: So he's he's a guy that's shown a lot of versatility. Williams shown a lot of versatility out of TCU. I got really good people over at TCU that that that feed me the goods. There there are concerns about how he can pick up an offensive system. Okay, so I think that's certainly something to keep an eye on moving forward. Now, that's something that could get figured out in a formal interview with the combine. That's what that's there for. You talk to the player, you put him on the board, see what he can do with x's and o's. But I think most of his versatility out of the backfield was a product of just getting the ball in his hands without him having a thing about it.
Speaker 5: But it worked, It works great, it works.
Speaker 7: Great, You're one hundred percent right. But I think I think you hit a certain point in the NFL where you have to be multi dimensional and if only if all you can do is just quick stuff or out of the backfield, then you're limiting your potential. Because we know he's got crazy potential and if he could put together how to process an NFL offense, which is still possible. I mean, look at Cavonte Turpin, he started to really find his own an NFL offense. He had the same concerns early on. Save William Williams could do the same. We be talking about him as the first rounder.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, who has two receptions a game. That's exactly what we're looking forward.
Speaker 5: Let me say this after wide receiver, right.
Speaker 7: I'm with you, one hundred and forty pounds.
Speaker 3: I agree, But this got six for five, so that's exactly different.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, I agree.
Speaker 4: But my smallest, smallest pushback, right, AJ Brown only runs like five routes.
Speaker 5: Is what it looks like. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: That dude runs slantsy catch bubbles. He runs and it looks like they just draw lines with him. Hey, yeah, AJ run this willthorit and just go to be great. If you put routtree on Williams TCU, if you if you if you put routree on him, yeah, he'll probably you know, fall off a little bit, or just do the dance thing. Put him on the coaching side, but just find a way finally to get that dude the ball. And I've been tellingim, Brent, what the hell do we have coaches for?
Speaker 5: Right? If you look at this.
Speaker 4: Guy and say, hey, let's give this dude the rout tree, you're wrong, right, Let's give him this minimalized thing and let him be a yat guy, because honestly, people may say the same thing about Burden, right, like you don't want to over because when you watch film on Burden, like they really just all right, get in the backfield and run a swing. We'll give it to you in forty yards. Hey, go run a slant. We'll get it to you forty yards. I think Savean is gonna have the same kind of playbook. Burds a much better yet guy in my personal opinion. But if you just keep it simple, I don't see why this guy can't be a game break in your offense. And and look that may drop him to a third round guy if you hey, if he can't process, now only I only take him in the third round. But I think it's it's just worth looking at.
Speaker 3: You know who this guy is.
Speaker 6: He's Rico Collins, Nico con Nico Collins from the Houston Rico gathers.
Speaker 3: I think it.
Speaker 6: I mean, look at look at the way he played at Michigan. Look at the size this kid, and the way that the way that Collins is like that inside player. I mean I was watching him play, I was thinking of I was thinking Nico Collins from the Texans.
Speaker 3: So I was thinking of you guys.
Speaker 2: Bringing up Savian Williams from TCU. He's a Senior Bowl invite. He's also got another teammate going to the Senior Bowl as well, and Jack Beck, do you guys.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen him yet and a lot of people are starting to wear out about him.
Speaker 2: So he's he's been at least thought to be above Williams in that stat.
Speaker 7: If you don't get your McMillan, big X guy, then I think you could go go get Beck later. And this is better than this kid. And I think, oh, I thought I thought you met McMillan. I was like, no, no, no, no, then Williams. I'm I say no, just because Williams gives you a little.
Speaker 3: Bit more, because he gives you some ceiling too.
Speaker 7: Yeah. But I but I think Beck, and I've heard it pronounced besh, so I need to go back.
Speaker 3: I might be wrong.
Speaker 7: I I he was one of the guys that I saw earlier this week. He is big. He is a tall kid, big kid, and uh yeah, he'll go up and grab it. He'll go up and grab it. He played for l s U for a little bit. He was a second American. Pff. This is a kid that can go up and grab it. But he's also got yacability, and I think this is a guy. If he's sitting there in the third round, you still need your ex guy, you could certainly go grab him.
Speaker 5: Watch him. We'll watch him and I go back and have a conversation.
Speaker 9: But it is.
Speaker 2: It is Jack Besh Besh And apparently his uncle used to work here, so okay, he's got some connections within the building.
Speaker 3: So just to keep an eye on a couple of sir, Greg McRoy, Well it did, didn't it right? All right?
Speaker 2: When we come back, it's time for a little Twitter on the twenty we open up your fan questions off of Twitter momentarily. We're gonna answer as many as we possibly can. We'll try and get to at least.
Speaker 5: Three this week.
Speaker 3: How about that? All right? More of the Draft show coming up right after this.
Speaker 10: Here we go Tyler from Dude Perfect. Here, big news. We just dropped our very own Dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King we as strong.
Speaker 3: It's my recipe.
Speaker 10: Technically, we all came up with it. Kobe, I mean you put a potato in yours. I was experimenting. We picked up on that, guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it.
Speaker 5: Was food perfect.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was on the said, oh that's funny.
Speaker 10: Oh honey, thank you anyways, kid, the dude perfect smoothie only at Smoothie King, My smoothie.
Speaker 11: All right. Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw aheall mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 4: At lasercare I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients.
Speaker 11: See check the mat at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 3: Hoo hoo. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. As they schnapper, the press scout, who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left.
Speaker 5: He'll look full a Prestyn.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 9: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run thish show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 3: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 3: When it comes to navigating the.
Speaker 13: Ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: He is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show. Back here on the Draft Show.
Speaker 2: I do not have the read in front of me currently, so I'll hit it at the end of the segment, which means we can get right.
Speaker 3: Into some Twitter on the twenty. Twitter on the twenty.
Speaker 2: That was quick on the trigger there being as ready it was done. Dude, It's like we've been waiting for the ready.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: You talked about trade back scenarios, right, we'll hit it right off the top. Botch, I'll start with you. This is from Lord Dilly on Twitter. Yeah, gent at twelve or trade back to around the mid fifteen inch level, grab the extra capital or.
Speaker 3: Take a Buka and take a Buka if you trade back.
Speaker 2: So let's say Abuka falls but you don't get GENT, but you get extra draft capital.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm a hell man because I just said I went trade back from genty.
Speaker 4: Well, boy, I love picks, man, I love I love picks, and I think if you got picks around like any day, two picks are going to be huge for you. So I'm phony my bad, y'all. I'm being phoned. I'm trading away from from gents. Plus, I just keep watching running backs, and the more running backs I'll watch, I go.
Speaker 5: Damn boy.
Speaker 3: Ashley good Huh.
Speaker 5: Ashan is a bad boy. But man, have y'all seen RJ Harvey?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: Have y'all seen Samson?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 4: Like so yeah, yeah, I'm cool, all right, Yeah, okay, take genty off of my wooden trade back with I'm trading away from gents.
Speaker 5: I'm getting my picks. I'm trying to fill my roster up.
Speaker 9: For sure.
Speaker 6: You get the say you get the Okay, you've got to pick there in the third with at seventy seventy seven, seventy seven, Say you pick up a say you pick up like you know, pick up pick eighty with that seventy six.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's seventy six, I say you.
Speaker 6: So, So it makes you feel better because you don't have a four, right, because you don't you know that least, you're kind of doing what you did last year. You didn't have a four either, but you felt better because you had the two, the two third round picks. But is it who you would who would you target in that third round? Then if that's the case, okay, you got your receiver, you got your so give me if you could. You don't have to give me plas, give me give me two positions then that you so you're gonna get your receiver defensive tackle. Okay, so these are third rounders. So you're talking about you got two third rounders.
Speaker 5: Pick you're the one way.
Speaker 4: If you want to do okay running back and I'm gonna give me a guard, I'm gonna go find me a guard right up.
Speaker 6: In that situation, you're gonna get that Rattlet charts you from Georgia or something like that.
Speaker 5: Rat Ledge.
Speaker 4: It depends on if Willem is gone out, Wyatt Millim West Virginia, Radlitch Guard Georgia. If if those guys are gone and we had this conversation Brian, like these guards are just kind of falling typically or whatever. You know, Booker, if he's there in the second and I got another third, I may look at Booker and go, all right, cool, give me Booker. I know he's a dude. I'll get my running back and my whatever else my tackle later. I could just do that and me and you watch tackles. So that's kind of stretching. Look one text are kind of you know, coming down a little bit to the third there. So yeah, you give me my wire receiver first, and I mean, would you like for me to put some names to it?
Speaker 3: No, I mean I'm just like, okay, if you the question was you get a buka? Okay, they're right. Second round, who you're taking at forty four if you had a.
Speaker 7: Chance, Johnny Cornelius, let's just throw it out there. Tackle Organ Okay, haven't you seen him? And then third round defense tackle aulf for Collins from Texas.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 6: And then with the extra and there with the and then the extra with the extra, say, the extra three that you get is that your running back.
Speaker 7: Could be Yeah, could be trick. I'll tell you what though. I would love that. I'll tell you what though. If they go into day three and they still haven't picked their running back, yeah, I'm okay with that, I really am, because there's going to be backs there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got this thing all the week going down to the fourth right now. That's as far as I've studied on some of these guys in terms of running back. Yeah, first the running back.
Speaker 5: So you wait until the fifth to get a running back?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just don't have a fourth.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying there is going to be some backs there on day three that you will love if.
Speaker 4: We had a fourth from with you. But maybe we did the same dance last year. Yeah, we was just waiting around.
Speaker 7: To the fifth and now Tracy was there Isaiah Davis was there. Yeah, some guys there in the fifth. Give me a dude, and this is a much better class here in the fifth. I think in the fifth, I'm just kind of throwing names out about guys who could be there in the fifth. I mean you're looking at a scatter bow. Uh and yeah, okay, I think comfortably got on Neil Kansas.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 7: I don't have a grade on him yet. I don't have a greade. I don't he would be gone. I thought you would be gone by that by that point. Richard smith S, m U kind of feels what do you feel about him taking? You know, the majority of UH carries out of the backfield. I like Lamb Larson out of UC Davis. I think that's an FCS gut take.
Speaker 5: You watch film from the bottom and then go up. I haven't even watched none of these people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: I'm a sick o.
Speaker 3: But I'll say this, ju have you started May first?
Speaker 7: Last year, I'll give it with the caveat that I watched every time I saw a running back that was draft eligible, and the TV this year I sat down and watched it. So it's like the running backs is a little bit different, like catch me on the edge and I'm going to be like, yeah, I don't know what you're talking about that.
Speaker 2: So I'm taking exactly what you just said and I'm making it concrete. Because you've watched these running backs for months at a time, you say, yeah, they're going to be there in the third and.
Speaker 3: The fourth round.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what we determined here is that Abuka and then say with the extra third we're taking Collins, the defensive tackle from Texas. Is that better than you like Abuca and Collins over taking genty?
Speaker 3: So yeah, that would be your ultimate trade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's for those that have the trade charts out by the way, that is a slight overpay to give eighty to go from fifteen to twelve.
Speaker 7: And somebody would overpay for gents.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, somebody would.
Speaker 4: The only reason I'm saying is is because me and Brian did this mock draft and Jensy was the first guy, right, cool, We tell Jency at twelve and then we get to forty four and we like, cussword, man, where are guys here?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Where the guys that we've been liking so much so since then you know me, and Broun has kind of been like, yeah, maybe I passed on gents and get one of these running backs later, but then I'll go and watch the film on Jenz again.
Speaker 5: But I'm not passing up on it.
Speaker 2: Indianapolis currently holds the eightieth pick in the draft, and they also hold fourteen, so you would only go down two spots and that would actually be a legitimate trade offer.
Speaker 3: I think they've got a guy named Jonathan Bruce.
Speaker 7: We should throw this out in this conversation, and saying that Jonathan Taylor, we should Jonathan, we should throw this out in the conversations. Genty is not going to be there at twelve. I'm I'm pretty convinced gent he's not going to be there.
Speaker 4: I would be happy if you wouldn't because then I wouldn't be forced to make that decision.
Speaker 7: Same where did he go?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 7: I think you can look at Chicago. I think Chicago could pull a pick on that. You look at, uh, running through the running through.
Speaker 2: The top top ten picks Tennessee, Cleveland, New York Giants, New England Patriots, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, New York Jets, Carolina, New Orleans, Chicago, and then right before the Cowboys the San Francisco.
Speaker 7: It would make so much for Vegas to pull that. It would make so much. There's a couple of teams in there, it would make a lot of sense. I just don't think. I don't think he makes it past ten.
Speaker 3: That's a high pick. See.
Speaker 6: I just you just got to you just got to know that you have to determine that whatever that because last year you make the trade to go back and you pick up Bebie. I think we all feel good about that. Yeah, so now you know, if you're going to trade away from genty, if that's who you're looking at, then who is that? You know, you have to be ready to what's that extra pick going to get you? You know, where are you comfortable if it's a third round? Are you comfortable?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 3: Personally?
Speaker 6: I like the kid Norman Lott. It's a hyphenated name from Tennessee. The three technique, you know. I think Charles Grant, the William and Mary tackles makes sense for me right now. You know we've talked about the running backs, you know, Samson, Tennessee. I think that's probably I got it probably too low on that. Do you you say a linebacker. I've kind of gotten that range.
Speaker 5: Too, Maxwell Harrison Corner Yentucky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, right around there. So to me, if you tell me, if you're comfortable with that who we're going to get with that extra third, then it makes sense for me to do this. You got to give me names. I like, I just don't want to go flying down there blind. You know, That's what I would ask. How about this question? This is from t D Labs on Twitter. I keep wanting to say, Twitter, it's X now whatever it is. However, I'm going the opposite direction. Now I'm going to give you a name, but it's not because we're trading back. How about gent at twelve or Sean mcvayh.
Speaker 3: For the first five years or for the next five years. You're trading that pick to LA to go and get a head coach.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sean McVay easily.
Speaker 3: Really that easy.
Speaker 2: I've thought asking this question on the Draft show I would get push back on it.
Speaker 3: I think i'd go McVay. Yeah, yeah, Oh, I don't know, man, my one, you're one. I would have Sean Payton win for one.
Speaker 5: I would have to know how down he is.
Speaker 4: I don't want him to just get here to be like, I don't like this, I'm leaving and now I'm out of a first round pick and he don't want to be here.
Speaker 2: That would be the only way they do it in the first place is if he has one foot out of the door in LA because they're currently in the divisional round, they have some some possibilities moving forward, and they work for a team that, literally when they won the.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl said f them picks due.
Speaker 6: They're picking up a pick starts a year one and four and ends up in the divisional round every year.
Speaker 5: If I get a ten year contract with some handcuffs.
Speaker 3: And five years, that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I take san vay.
Speaker 4: It depends on who's on the board, man, Like, if it's one of these guys, that's kind all right, cool, I'll trade back from Yeah, I'll take Sean McVay. Yeah, we just would have to worry about coaching for five years.
Speaker 3: Sure. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: This one's from uh Daniel Connolly.
Speaker 2: With the first round grades being so few days this season, if you're completely wiped out at twelve, one of those scenarios we talked about earlier, completely wiped out at twelve, are you trading back picking up those selections or are you sticking to BP a best player of available?
Speaker 3: How wiped out are we though?
Speaker 7: That's that's my question.
Speaker 3: How wiped out is it? Abuka? Is it? Campbell?
Speaker 7: Is it Let's just say all of your first round grades are gone, Yes, you're on, I'd be I'd be parachuting. I'm under the Jeff Cavanaugh line of thinking where I'm always team trade back.
Speaker 6: If if every one of my first round grades are gone, then them quarterbacks terrible this year.
Speaker 3: Then if you know what I'm looking.
Speaker 6: If I'm looking at these, I'm looking at one of those wide receivers, I'm looking at Golden or somebody like that. I don't have Golden in the first but I'm looking at somebody like that. I'm looking at uh. I'm looking at Green from UH from I mentioned him from Martin Marshall. Yeah, yeah, I'm looking I'll tell you I'm looking at Grant from from Michigan defensive time. If you if you want to try and wipe me out, you know I'm not. I'm not as high on on Will Johnson as everybody us in the league, you know, but if he if he ends up being you know, that's gonna kick I take Morrison up there, I take Barron, you know. But but like I say that, I mean, I you can, you can wipe me out, but I would I would be comfortable taking Golden or Grant or one of those guys I had.
Speaker 5: To give me the picks, and I would just take Baron anyway.
Speaker 4: So that's where I'm with trade back and see if he falls. I think everybody's gonna want to trade back, like like that's just like, hey.
Speaker 6: If you get wiped out, aren't aren't other teams thinking they're wiped out too?
Speaker 2: And that's why I think trade Why, I mean, you gotta somebody's gotta have something to go up.
Speaker 3: Somebody's got to come up for something.
Speaker 6: And if you know, and you you know what, if they're coming up for something, I hope you're considering the same damn thing, you know, picking the guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, unless it's like a cam Ward or should Door falling to twelve.
Speaker 4: I was really hoping Riley Leonard like went on his run at the end to make people yeah, like come on, Riley, But nah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think Righty is gonna go out.
Speaker 7: I wonder what happens with Quinn. You were during the process, because we were talking about JJ McCarthy this time last year, third round pick, like you know whatever, and then teams, teams were willing to sell their soul to go get JJ McCarthy there in the top ten. So I wonder how Quinn Yours factors in this process, because I think teams are going to fall in love with the potential of quinn Ewers, They're gonna fall in love with the idea of quin Yours, And I wonder how much that that boosts his value here.
Speaker 3: I think he's got some tony romo to his game.
Speaker 7: Uh, just because that's Garrettsmeyer. You know, Garrettsmeyer is Oh garretts Myer's Yeah, I love. So it's tough for me to say necessarily. I like I said the other day, I think I think he's got a little brother.
Speaker 6: I think you're right about smart because I think he's got a little more of the mobility and stuff for Romo was able to duck and.
Speaker 3: Dodge and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one's from landing on Twitter. What point in the draft of the impact d tackles dry up across the board. Of course, Dallas has used those premium picks. Mazi Tristan Hill. First, you drafts over the last couple of uh a couple of drafts, do you think there's a spot where Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: I think once you're looking at like the fourth round, so like.
Speaker 3: You need to go get your guy dating in your three picks. Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what was the word to use?
Speaker 5: Like premium is what he said?
Speaker 3: Impact?
Speaker 5: Impact? What's what's really impact?
Speaker 7: Like like like what starting day one? Starting day one, potentially.
Speaker 5: Round three for me?
Speaker 4: Then yeah, right right around uh, Grant Williams, Walker Harmon. That's kind of where my super impact guys no one. No, you know, I'm not as big on Nolan as as some of these others. And I like Nolan, but when I watch these other guys, I'm like, boy, they biggest hell in athletics, and Nolan's biggest hell.
Speaker 5: Kind of clumsy, you know what I'm saying. So I kind of dropped him down a little bit for that.
Speaker 7: Uh, he needs he needs seasoning. He does.
Speaker 4: Norman Lot. We just talked about him Tennessee. I love his athleticism, but he's not very strong and I want my tackle to be kind of strong. But like as a dance pass rush, he kind of do third down stuff I think that's perfect for him, but I don't think you could use that all the time. Alfred Collins, Texas, he's a bit of a project than me. He has all the all the twos in the world. But you gotta trust coaching there, and I'm not trust in my coaches.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Right now, I'll tell you what if you lose Osa to free agency, which I'm expecting, I think a guy that could be there on day three. If you want a three tech pass rush guy and Nae Peevels out of Virginia Tech. That's a guy who can get after the quarterback. Six d ninety pounds and uh was fifth in the nation and defensive tackle.
Speaker 3: What did you think about Sanders from South Carolina?
Speaker 7: I haven't watched Sanders because every time I watched Sanders I end up watching Tonka Hemingway because he's right next to him, and I just love the name.
Speaker 5: So you watched Tonka henming Way, but you haven't one. I know, I know you're going back.
Speaker 7: I know it's tough.
Speaker 3: He is going backwards.
Speaker 7: He's startally just over the place.
Speaker 3: Let me start with the priority free agents back where.
Speaker 2: Is Tanka Hemingway's name connects to connected to Thor Griffith, also a defensive tackle.
Speaker 5: Out of Louisville.
Speaker 3: They give me Tonka Thor a strong defensive tackle.
Speaker 7: Tonka truck in the middle. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: But you know, to be honest with you, though, do you think maybe that the guys that you mentioned, like Grant Williams, Harmon Walk could all be gone behind Dallas picks at forty four?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 7: Brant Well, Tyler Williams, Yeah from Ohio State Williams Man, Derek Harmon, I think could be there. You've got some teams that love him and some teams that are like, I'm completely good off that.
Speaker 3: What about like A.
Speaker 2: I know we talked a lot about Texas A and M ed Rushers yesterday. Shamar Turner inside guy from A and M. I'm good not a second round guy, more lower lower along the one.
Speaker 4: Tell us why me because every time I come on here talk about the Texan people started calling me Hayden.
Speaker 5: Tell us about Stewart. Just just give me a little return.
Speaker 3: Swar Turner, Yeah, tell us about all of them, both guys. Give me both.
Speaker 7: You want both guys, Shamar Turner de Soto grad. So I've I've been watching him since he was fifteen years old. I think he's got effort problems, and I would tell that's smart. Turner face olks Smith. So Shamar Stewart, on the other hand, I do like Shamar Stewart. I think he's a high motor. I think he's a freak. I just think he needs to put on some weight and I think he could be I think he could be legit at the next level. Okay, he's also versatile. He's talking about piano players last year. He's kind of a guy that I think could move up and down.
Speaker 4: They all run down the middle of people, and as a d lineman that that stuff bothers me. Man, stop run down the middle of people. Hey, what the hells coaching for?
Speaker 2: My first thought when you said piano players, I forgot about that term. Last year I pictured Shamar Turner playing piano like Marion Barber.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Christopher asked how many draft picks would need to hit in this draft class, all all of them to be pushing for a playoffs.
Speaker 4: Fifteen last one of them fifteen, all them five do something and the undrafted kids they.
Speaker 5: Don't have to hit.
Speaker 7: You know, it depends on the position. It really does like to be to be serious, I think if you hit on I think if you hit on like six and they're at value positions, and I think you're talking, But I look, this team has to do something in free agency. There's no way they don't. And if you're a head coach and you're interviewing here and you're walking in that office, one of your questions, you know how you're an interview Okay, what do you have questions about this place? What are we going to do in free agency? If I'm here? What we got to do something? Because it's the philosophy over the last few years has not been great.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 7: I loved the offseason when they went and traded for Brandon Cooks, Stefan Gilmore. I think that could be, you know, on the table. But are you gonna are you gonna sacrifice picks for that because you're certainly not gonna be able to sacrifice personnel because you don't have any personnel less you don't have them.
Speaker 6: So I agree, I think we're about to see the second big purge last year's purge with the talent, the backup guys. Get ready Osa Goldston, maybe Lewis, You're about to see you're about to see a bunch of guys walk out of this building, and I don't think you have enough resources to.
Speaker 3: Plug up the holes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like we talked about one through ten, feel pretty good, eleven through fifty three is going to be tough along the way, all right.
Speaker 3: When we come back here on the Draft Show, I'm want to.
Speaker 2: Look ahead to those coaching candidates that have been kind of rumored around throughout any trends along the way that they could possibly be bringing to Dallas along the same lines of what are we doing in free agency? What are those coaches going to do in the draft? More of the Draft Show coming up right after this.
Speaker 9: I'm Darren with former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 3: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 9: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 12: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 10: Here we go, Tyler from Dude Perfect. Here, big news. We just dropped our very own dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothieking.
Speaker 3: We as strong.
Speaker 7: It's my rest be Technically we all came up with it, Kobe.
Speaker 5: I mean you put a potato in yours.
Speaker 10: I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was want to say that.
Speaker 5: Oh that that was funny, honey. Thank you.
Speaker 10: Anyways, kid, the Dude Perfect Smoothie only at Smoothie King, My Smoothie.
Speaker 8: How about them Cowboys, or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets pat along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 5: Is The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Kick off the year in style with the best gear in the game.
Speaker 2: Visit a pro shop near you to log on or log on to shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com a fanatics experience and set the tone for a great twenty twenty five. Also Cowboys Nation, Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot Com.
Speaker 3: Slash Fan of the Year, We've got.
Speaker 2: Vach Lombardi Brian brought us Nick Harris on the Draft Show with Chris Beaman, the backup Kyle Yeomans. Final couple minutes here, gentlemen, as we kind of sift through the draft class as a whole in the scenarios that could be at hand, there's also some scenarios on the coaching side of things that have to be hit out of the candidates that have been named so far. This is not a prediction segment, but just based on their history in the NFL. Are any of these guys Brian bringing trends to the table, whether it's Pete Carroll or it's Kellen Moore or the impact that's been played here in Dallas that can be from a new head coaching high Well, you've got, like you.
Speaker 3: Say, you got.
Speaker 6: Pete Carroll does have a history with John Snyder and what they did in Seattle right around John my old intern loves to draft running backs. That was like his favorite thing to do. I John had twelve picks and that he can make them all running backs.
Speaker 7: He's just like me.
Speaker 3: He'd absolutely do that.
Speaker 6: But I think that, you know, yeah, there's you know, with Robert Salah, you know, maybe the Jets a little talent poor in some areas. I mean, you got to know how much influence that a coach has in a draft room. And I know working here and I know we were talking about it during the break that if you're a head coach of Dallas Cowboys, whether you want to have a say or not, you're going to have the opportunity to have a say. There's guys that were very adamant about their ability to talk about these players. Bill Parcells, I mean, I you know, working with him. I know, Dave Campbell not so much, Wade Phillips not so much. But you know, you get guys like Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett was you know, you look at him and how he the fact that his dad was a scout and all that he wanted to be an influence. He wanted to have a say. There's certain coaches that can come in and they want dan Quinn was that way. Dan Quinn works shoulder to shoulder with Will McLay and those scouts. He was out on the road, you know, working out players good or bad. They missed on all those Kentucky players, but you know they hit on some guys along the way. They got, you know, Deron Bland and.
Speaker 3: People like that.
Speaker 6: So you know the coaches coming in, you you could they have some of them want to be involved with personnel and roll up their sleeves and get it done. And then there's others like Mike McCarthy when he came here, he never had Ted Thompson picked all the players in Green Bay. Mike really had no voice. Mike came here. I think he told the media one day he goes, I've had more say here than I ever had at Green Bay. So you know that it just depends on the coach and whether he wants to take advantage of that. Does he want to be a guy that's in the middle of it, and does he want it because Will is going to He's going to solicited the Joneses opinions, the scout's opinions, and the head coach's opinion, and that's going to formulate how they set their board. So you know, if a coach, they're going to ask him and whether he wants to take it or.
Speaker 3: Not, it's up to him.
Speaker 7: I hope Will mcclay's part of this interview process with with these head coaches, because I if it were me, I didn't want a head coach that's very hands on with the scouting, and you don't want it on your solo mission, not necessarily even a solo mission. I just want the head coach to know what's going on, you know. And not to say that McCarthy didn't know what was going on, but I think he could have. He could have been a lot more in tune with draft conversations, especially as it got to draft day.
Speaker 6: Some coaches don't want to be a part of that, you know, Like they'll they'll tell you, hey, just bring I'll coach whoever you want, you know, bring them all. I'll coach him. And you know, I think Will does a good job of kind of pulling everybody together. They do work on a consensus around here, you know, and that's the way they put up their board. But I'll tell you this, though, Nick, it will drive me nuts though sometimes. I remember one time I told a coach he was going on and on and on about this player, and you know, we've done a lot of work on the player. And I looked at him, I said, I don't call third down defenses. And he goes, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 3: And I go, I don't call third down defenses.
Speaker 6: Don't tell me how we need to scout players here, you know, And you know I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but you know, there's there's certain things that coaches need to do. They they work on the draft a certain time. My guys work on the draft all twelve months out of the year. You know, don't come in here and tell me this is you know, if you know, I'll hey, if you want to sit down and talk about it. But if you want to come in here in influence picks the wrong way, then I'm going to I'm going to tell you how to call third down defense. Then you know, I think I think there's a there's a line that you have to be able to to maintain.
Speaker 4: I don't really know about coaching trends and drafts and all that. That's not really my bag. But one thing that I can hope for is that we can have a coach that can just coach and take a player and kind of boost what we have right now because we can sit up here and talk about draft a lot of these me needs, our needs because we got young guys.
Speaker 5: That we just aren't positive about.
Speaker 4: And I've developed for sure, so like our hair is right, like cool, we have our hair, so maybe we could draft a corner later and he can fix this corner. Or like, if we have some really good coach on the old line of stuff, Okay, maybe we shouldn't draft left tackle. Let's just see what guidance is because we really trust, you know, Philly, Philly will take a rugby player that'd be like, all right, I'm just gonna tweak this a little bit and you'll be good to go. And I imagine that you can draft lineman with confidence if you if you're positive that you got coaches that can tweak small things. We got a lot of young guys on this team, so just tweak some of my little bit things, right. And Deon Sanders, you know, we you know, just floating around. If Dion knows dudes, like if he brings Warren Sapp and Warren Sapp got magic Pixie does that could fix tackles. Let's bring in Deon and and that'll be his draft contribution to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, I think you're absolutely right about that, because, like I say, I want to give Mike Zimmer and their staff on defense credit. They got they got Goldston and Massie and and oh sad and those guys to play. Yeah, they I mean, we've all been waiting for that, and they pulled that off. So coaching did matter.
Speaker 2: Karl Lawson as yeah, the one they got, those guys all playing, they got the most out him as the year went along. There's still so many question marks around guys that haven't seen that yet, and even Monzie too. I think even Mazzie right now, when you're looking at his progression, it's still not skyrocketing the way that you would anticipate from a first round pick from somebody that you've invested a lot into.
Speaker 7: I'll point this out about Robert Salah and his drafting resume. I don't know obviously how much influence he had, whether it be in San Francisco or New York, but let's take a look at the picks and how those have developed over time, with obviously him as coach. Solomon So twenty seventeen, Solomon Thomas, Ruben Foster. Then in twenty eighteen is when it picks up Fred Warner, DJ Reid, Nick Bosa, dre Greenlaw, Javon Kinlaw, and then you go to the Jets. You have Sauce Gardner, Will McDonald and these are guys that I think, whether he had influence in drafting them or not, he's he knows how to develop up guys and I think that would certainly. I mean, he's my pick for DC. He's who I would bring in for DC. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: What about head coach?
Speaker 7: No, no, I this this team needs a proven head coach who knows how to win in the postseason. And funny enough, I think your best candidate other than Pete Carroll might be Mike McCarthy in that sense, but I think our best available coach, I suld say not candidate, but you need a guy who's proven. Pete Carroll, right, Pete Carroll's my guy, and then Robert Solow would be my DC.
Speaker 3: That would be my two picks. By the way, just for the record, I'm in it with you.
Speaker 7: Oh see, Josh McCown, Can I can I talk you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, I'm down for that.
Speaker 2: He's done a great job in the minnisoda, so I like it. All right, that's going to do it for us here on the Draft Show today. Thank you all for your questions on Twitter on the twenty. We'll be back on Tuesday as we continue forward to the NFL Draft. Closing in on the Shrine Bowl and the Senior Bowl practices going into was it next weekend? Not this upcoming weekend, but the weekend after that. That's when Shrine Bowl put got.
Speaker 3: One more week right right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, almost there, baby.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Buckle up, everybody, all right for Nick Harris, Brian brought us Fox Lombardy, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Draft show.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubby