Speaker 1: I do like his interviews. By the way, the first overall pick right. If you could describe yourself in one word, how would you nasty? My job is to protect a quarterback. I love getting down and nasty in the trenches. I'm just out there past set and trying to protect my quarterback.
Speaker 2: Like that gets me going, right? You love am all right? Wait? How many times have you been practicing that?
Speaker 1: I just made it up, just real quick. It's like you and the Bill Belichick impersonation. So many times you're in the mirror. Just I meant next.
Speaker 3: I sat in front of him for twelve years and watch him pick his noses.
Speaker 2: You did? Yeah? I get, I get. I can tell you his habits from everything. Yeah, isn't that. It's attractive, isn't it? But you didn't.
Speaker 3: You didn't sit to Campbell for twelve years. I just listened to him and then you practiced a couple of times, just one.
Speaker 2: It's all about watching yourself once doing No, never did that. I don't think I did jewels.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: Friend makers at each other.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Dudes on Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman, I'm Rob Gronkowski, and this is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 4: And today we're joined by one of our favorite pals of all time, Rob Ninkovich.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you for having me, guys, I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about today?
Speaker 4: Ninko visiting coach Bill Belichick at Chapel Hill.
Speaker 1: The challenge is probably going to be trying to get the most out of a less talented roster. Chapel ninc one of my favorite dudes of all time, Just a tough, tough quarterback. Grating Now on A's and the broadcasting as are takes for the Patriots upcoming season and their off season.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean you're going to gel as a team when you bring in that many free agents.
Speaker 2: I think they're nine to ten win team.
Speaker 4: And then we wrap it up by finding out what kind of dude Ninko is In this week's Chill Is Dude of the Week, presented by our favorite.
Speaker 2: Beer course, like Gotta stick around to the end. Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeart Radio. What is this? Who is this Ninkovits that we're encountering right now? This isn't the real Ninka. I'm loving this, na I know he always has like.
Speaker 4: A new gimmick in this new games. Very single time I see him, it's when I'm the most calm and cool and collective I've.
Speaker 2: Ever seen it.
Speaker 1: It's the most calm, and I love it. He's trying to talk, and we just keep interrupting you. He interrupt us, interrupt me again.
Speaker 2: We're we're talking over starting to be bring memories up, bringing the memories of how it was in the locker room. Nino try to talk. No one let him talk.
Speaker 1: Well, we should probably introduce him first before we rolling out today.
Speaker 2: We are joined by another good friend, great friend, and another really great teammates. Good fellow. That's why I bust your ball so much on social media. Hey, we'll get to that. If I didn't like you, we're introducing you right now. We're introducing you. Bust their balls. Don't worry, but let us praise you. He's a two time super Bowl winning champion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we made such great catches. Actually he did have some as well. Set he's getting.
Speaker 2: Frustrated over there. Credit. I'm relaxed right then, All right, well what you said two times? Remember I have the Patriots all dynasty team. He's a Purdue boiler maker, yays, do you know what a boiler maker is? Something legend. He's a legend from Perdue, Rob Nikovich. Welcome to thank you, welcome to the show. Thank you, guys, so excited to have you. Happy to be on the Dudes on Dudes on dudes. You know, just double fisting it all the time. You too, We wanted another dude on a dude that's right, Yeah, let's do it. We can do this show. We could do the show from Pete Town, take it on the road. What what? What is Provincetown? And what's so? It's up with the prophet. It's a great place, you guys go have fun there. I love Cape I love Cape Cono.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great beaches, great, Yeah, there's great art in there is there is great white sharks. You'd be a good meal for a great white chart. I would say you'd be a white seal, a big white all right. So what's going on these days?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What are you doing these days? Yeah? Right now I'm coaching my kids.
Speaker 1: So everetts in his uh nine year old we're in the championship game Sunday, So we're playing.
Speaker 2: And what football? All right? Yep?
Speaker 1: So flight football, flag football, ye, how Olympic nine, so we got Villa's gonna be twelve. So we got eleven nine and five. Uh so we got two flag football players right now, so I have to I have to pay basically whyat to go pull flags? He wasn't doing anything, just standing there. I was getting so frustrated. My wife is yelling at me. You can't yell at him. I say, yeah, sure as hell I can. I'm gonna yell at him. So I said, hey, Wyatt, every flag you pull, I'm gonna get you a card. So we got a couple of grunk cards. I had a couple Julian cards because after I said that, he was just he turned it on and he was pulling flags left and right. So he's my tough He's the one that I really got.
Speaker 2: To stay on. Uh.
Speaker 1: I Like, it's real frustrating as a parent when your kids are playing sports, right because you want them to do great, right, but their personality, like why, he just doesn't give a shit. So he's just like, yeah, I don't want to do this, Okay.
Speaker 2: He reminds me of myself as a kid. I like that. I like and he's a tank. So we'll see how he goes. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He might be you know, Everett, he either was going to be like a dancer or a good athlete.
Speaker 2: So we'll see, we'll figure it out. Hey, whatever whatever they want to do. Here's a question I'm going to ask you. I want Maislator.
Speaker 4: He was our first guest on the Dudes on Dudes podcast, and thank you so much for being the second guest man.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having it easy for us.
Speaker 4: You know, you relate to us like no other as well, and I love your enthusiasm and your energy you're bringing to the table. But I asked Matthew Slater because I'm the only one here without kids. Slater has kids, Julian as a kid, you got a couple of kids. You were just talking about what is it like to be a father and what am I missing out on? I want you to convince me that I should be making kids tonight.
Speaker 2: Camille.
Speaker 1: You you've practiced and you you've you're trained at at the process a kid.
Speaker 2: You just got to leave it in. Okay, and okay, that might happen, but technique, for me, it's all about technique. You had nothing to do, you have to funny, you leave it so I think you know, for me, you got to stay in the game.
Speaker 4: To win three Super Bowl you got to stay in Uh.
Speaker 1: So you know, imagine burning it. You burn it from both ends. Eventually you're gonna have nothing left. I feel like at the end of my career, I didn't really necessarily want we're talking about your kids because of my kids, I didn't want to play football.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all risk.
Speaker 1: And reward, right, So if someone was to say, here, Julian, I will give you five bucks to go in a car and let's see if you hit three hundred miles an hour the fastest car on Like, now, let's say Indy car we just had, the Indy.
Speaker 2: Five was just there? You're just there? Right? Did you drink any milk? Is it whole? No, it's whole milk. It's whole milk, and holy grown Wait your lactose? No? Hell? Okay, this is an American guy? Is gluten free? Are you a gluten guy? Pizza guy? Like I'm a glue guy.
Speaker 1: Literally buns you do big. So I think at the end of my career, I played eleven years. You guys played a little bit longer. Would you play total twelve twelve eleven.
Speaker 2: You played eleven.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, so I can ask you this, and if you would have played eleven or twelve, right, would there have been a difference in how you're living right now?
Speaker 2: Probably, you think so? Maybe there was. There's a few more ms. Yeah, a few more ms. But at the end of the day, a few more ms contract in the back of my career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how many how many heads shots?
Speaker 2: You say, would shots right now instead of just on the third to take any had shots that last year. They don't even hit me. They don't even hit Okay, we're throwing those out there.
Speaker 3: That was fifteen years ago, I know, but they all catch up to you. These helmets are freaking sick.
Speaker 2: We didn't play with kept playing. I would have kept playing.
Speaker 1: We played with the helmets that they're banned now you can't even put them on.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, year one. No, the last helmet I wore, you can't even wear anymore. Yeah, that's you. That sounds like a you problem. I was wearing advice. I mean, that's like ten years.
Speaker 1: That's Tom his helmet. He can't he couldn't. Tom had that old school helmet. How big his helmet was because he's got such a large head. It was like elongated like a bus, you know, because he has that like two X helmet that he wore. And it was that old school right now, remember the old school right now, you couldn't even wear it. At the end of his career, he had it. He was grandfathered into wearing his.
Speaker 3: Just like the single the thing. Yeah you know Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: And yeah, he's a meme now because of that one. All right, let's get into these anything easy.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's go pats over under eleven wins this year?
Speaker 2: Under why under eleven wins? Four wins? Yeah, but let's be realistic.
Speaker 4: Coach player, okay, hit in the draft, got the tackle, got wide receiver, the tap, defensive stacks.
Speaker 1: Why even wait a minute, I'm just saying, like, let's be realistic.
Speaker 2: You think you're gonna have twelve wins? Twelve wins? Twelve is a lot. They're gonna be a twelve win team after being a four wins tough? It is tough.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at the Washington So I took the underman commanders, yeah, command commanders, Yeah, they did it.
Speaker 2: You just said. So, my thought is, how do you win over under nine? All right? That's more I'm a nine.
Speaker 1: I think they're nine to ten win team nine ten eleven is a lot. I'm going over on nine and I'm going under on eleven. Okay, you're right, that's what realistic that is. So do you think that you can win instantly with overpaying in fre agency?
Speaker 2: That's a great point because get the they just spent three hundred and fifty fivens.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the thought the dream team Philadelphia Eagles. Remember twenty thirteen, coach Balichuck always put them up on the board. There was so much talk about him. They were talking all where the greatest team. We got so many free agencies come in, and then they went went five and eleven that year six, you know, I mean it's in ten and they brought in that many free agencies. It doesn't mean you're gonna gel as a team when you bring in that many free agents exactly, but but their veteran free agencies. Vrabel's a guy that kind of you know, feels like you can tell them he's together.
Speaker 2: He's a guy that you know, he's the glue guy, right, and he's one of them dudes.
Speaker 1: You see him and that what's it? Forged in Foxborough? Now they got the over forge. We're like building this thing.
Speaker 2: Up like our new team has, like our new facility.
Speaker 1: We're gonna build it from the ground up with steel and iron, and we're gonna good. Yeah, Mark great, it's great marketing. So my thought is, if you protect the quarterback, which is number one in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't think you could ever overpay for offense alignment. No, but they didn't like like they over said they overpaid for a bunch of free agents when you.
Speaker 2: How much is they paying for day free agencies? On the offensive line?
Speaker 1: Got a little guy thirty four, and he's been you know, last year was kind of riddled with injuries. Where do they get it from with the Commanders? Okay, yes, so actually he was played against him with the Commanders and then he went.
Speaker 2: To that he was with the Jets. He's banged up. Like good drafted. He's a very good player they drafted.
Speaker 1: And I will say I would say that all his interviews, Campbell not comfortable think about what was boys, Uh did he make that tackle by the way, or did he miss it?
Speaker 4: While I was on the sidelines and like houshed me out. It was like a gimme because a gimme tackle. What's what was bad on his party? It was just a normal flat route and I got twelve yards on the flat route. He didn't do his job in the coverage game. Yeah no, and then.
Speaker 2: It was a gimme tackle so tough that I mean you on the sideline, I was rolling though, I was fast back that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're pretty fast, So I think you look at I do like his interviews. By the way, the first over all pick right, If you could describe yourself in one word, how would you nasty? My job is to protect the quarterback. I love getting down and nasty in the trenches. I'm just out there past set and trying to protect my quarterback Like that gets me going, right?
Speaker 2: You loveman? All right? Wait? How many times have you been practicing that?
Speaker 1: I just made it up just real quick. It's like you and the Bill Belichick impersonations. How many times you're in the mirror just I mean next, I sat in.
Speaker 2: Front of him for twelve years and watch him pick his noses? Did Yeah? I get, I get. I can tell you his habits from everything. Yeah, isn't that It's attractive, isn't it?
Speaker 3: But you didn't You didn't sit to Campbell for twelve years. I just listened to him, and then you practiced a couple of times, just one. It's all about watching yourself once doing No, never did that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I did jewels.
Speaker 1: I think friend, Come on, jeez, I'm gonna have to jiff you all right.
Speaker 2: Well, talking about Bill in the InKo here and looking.
Speaker 1: At that hat, what was it like visiting Bill at Chapel Hill Chapel.
Speaker 2: Bill was great? Yeah, it was great. We had to get tours. Did Page let you go out?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't do anything like that, even even beams yeah, away, track my phone at s in the hotel.
Speaker 1: Okay, But anyway, it's uh, you know, for me, I feel you know, look, you put her shirt like this on, you wear a hat like this, get something, walk around you know, comm aft Bahama baby to say, you walk around commaf and what maybe just pick up a younger chick or something, you know, I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Everyone's so serious these days. I'm a married man, freaking Page. I love you, She's the best.
Speaker 2: But I would go after you if I saw that ring. I was guy. It was great.
Speaker 1: So So this is my this is my thought. I was surprised that he took that job. I think we were all a little shocked to the surprise. I think the challenge is probably going to be trying to get the most out of a less talented roster. The worst NFL team in the NFL is more talented, let's just face it, Like you could have the shittiest NFL football team and you have a you know, roster full of studs. So I think it might be a little bit more difficult to get the most out of some of these kids that, let's face it, maybe one, two, maybe three or NFL caliber players. Like you look at NFL teams. How many NFL guys played on your Arizona team?
Speaker 2: Three or four or four? How many from Kent State three? Three?
Speaker 1: So like every every college team probably has three if four max NFL caliber players and some have won, some have none, right, some have none, especially you know, if you're Atamama, you're gonna have maybe eight.
Speaker 2: To ten how a lot of money in Chapel Hill. Yeah, but you're gonna have to bring in some talent.
Speaker 1: And I know that, like the Big Ten, some of these big schools they have to cut down on their roster because there's no walk ons anymore, so they did away with the walk on. So if you're from Carolina, you're Chapel Hill and they pick. It's trying to take those guys up through free agency. So you know, it was interesting because there's definitely you know, you talk to some of these kids, You're like, how old are you? Like, oh, I'm eighteen, Like, shit, you're eighteen years old? Okay, it's pretty wild, honestly. You know, I was, I was a young I didn't red shirt, so I was young. I was eighteen when I was in junior college and when I got drafted at twenty one, so my rookie season, I was twenty two years old. You know, a lot of these kids, they're you know, red shirt, gray shirt, transfer year, COVID year. You know, you got some kids that are twenty four and you got other kids that are eighteen.
Speaker 2: So you have a wide discrepancy there of age.
Speaker 1: The word discriptionancy and learning. This guy's smart, Yeah, perdue guy. You know, three point two GPA not bad. Oh, Slate only had a three point one at UCLA. I know, three point two.
Speaker 2: It's pretty smart. Super they say produced like the Ivy League of Public schools. All right, next question, play with Sean. You played with Sean Payton. Oh, I didn't play with much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like you know, somebody said, like somebody stole Bill Belichick's Super Bowl jersey. It's like, yeah, he didn't wear a jersey like Bill's never worn. This isn't baseball. We're like, which is weird? Don't you think the managers wearing like a full uniform is odd? I know, imagine like Bill the manager used to play those hilarious I know, I know that's that's the history. I thought you were a tradition guy. But getting back to you.
Speaker 2: Bet for Sean Sean, Yeah, serious, dude, when you were there in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and six, well kind of kind of How was it? How was coach Peyton different than coach Belichick?
Speaker 1: My whole professional career, I was with the Parcels. I was in a Parcels tree. So who Sean, Yeah under Parcels, right. So the mentality there is very tough, right, Like he's not an easy guy, but he's very smart.
Speaker 2: He's a great offense guy. You know he's not.
Speaker 1: There's a clip actually we're playing the Cowboys in Jackson State because My first training training camp was at Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi. Terrible, but we were playing the Cowboys and I had in like late. I didn't hear the whistle, so I kind of tackled the guy. After the whistle. They gave me a fifteen yard penalty. I came off the field. There's a clip of him like screaming at me, do you think you're worth fifteen yards? And I wanted to say yeah, but I was like no, no, And he's screaming at me. But he kind of is that that coach that's going to call you out. He's gonna make you know when you're screwing up, right. He's a tough he's tough, right. So when I went to Miami, they had Cam Cameron on the Terrible One in fifteen season. They were awful in two thousand and seven, like the worst team I've ever seen in a professional sport, right, and Tony Sperano came in and then Parcels was the president.
Speaker 2: In eightos Ariano yep Sperano.
Speaker 1: So when I was in the weight room, I was working out and Parcels walks in and he puts his hand on my shoulder. He goes, hey, you're that Nikovich kid, right yeah. It's like you remind me of a guy drafted in New England, Teddy Bruski. It's like, you're you should be an inside linebacker. So instantly I'm like, shit, I'm not gonna be a pass rusher because he thought I was too short, like he was six'. Two he liked those big elephant. Guys you, know the guy's long. Arm he went, McGuinness big big dudes at outside. Linebacker so had a great camp was outside. LINEBACKER i make the. Team i'm on my way home After wednesday. Practice they call me back in the. Office my fuck, it they're gonna cut. Me SO i go Into parcel's. Office he's, like, hey how old are. You i'm, like, Oh i'm twenty. Four he's, like you're. Young i'm gonna offer you a contract right. Now you shake my. Hand it's a. Deal if you walk out the no, deal you're. Cut so he's, Like i'm gonna pay you your full. SALARY i think it was like four or fifty grand just to learn inside linebacker on practice squad and through twelve. Weeks you can't. Leave if if you, leave you're breaking the. Deal and that's not a good thing to. Do don't break the. Deal SO i was, like all, right screw. IT i shook his. Hand they moved me inside. LINEBACKER i had no freaking idea how to play inside. Linebacker hated. It terrible off the, ball you gotta, weight you got a tempo. Stuff it was the worst thing in the. World SO i waited twelve. Weeks they moved me. Up we were playing The raiders at, home ran down on two, kickoffs had one, tackle another was a. Touchback Jeff ireland at the time was THE gm in the office and he was, like, hey you, know we were thinking you'd be like more of A Larry izzo.
Speaker 2: Spark on special, teams so we're going to release.
Speaker 1: You SO i was, like all, Right, well first of, All i'm six, two two sixty And i'm a pass. Rusher larry's it was five, eight two hundred, Pounds so there's your number one reason That i'm not ever going to Be Larri. Izzo so the second they cut, ME i already KNEW i was gone BECAUSE i had three teams claim me like they asked, like, hey do you want to come? Here and it was Like Buffalo cincinnati In New, england AND i was, like, NO i got.
Speaker 2: To stay here BECAUSE i did that pack with.
Speaker 1: Ourselves so the second that they cut me The, saints AND i didn't even give him a.
Speaker 2: Chance you can give a team a chance to bring you up or keep you. UP i just. Left so the next day they were, like, hey Where's.
Speaker 1: Nikovic they're, like, oh he, Left SO i just, said screw, It i'm.
Speaker 4: Out so when you, left they were going to planning to bring you back up since you got.
Speaker 2: Claimed and if they brought you back, up THEN i didn't even give them an. Option you just don't even LIKE i just.
Speaker 1: Left you can give a team an. Option they can you can say, Hey i'm going to get. Played they can match.
Speaker 2: It really, HEY i didn't know. That SO i was fed up with.
Speaker 1: It AND i was just like they weren't going to give me a chance, anyway because.
Speaker 2: And then how Did New orleans pain Out New? Orleans that sucked?
Speaker 1: Too Uh So New orleans that, year in, PARTICULAR i was trying to. Get uh you, know if you are active on a, roster you get a credit. Season so that YEAR i was only active for one. Game so when they brought me To New, orleans they had two, players Will smith rest In peace And Charles. Grant they both tested positive For Star. Caps it was a dietary. Supplement it had like a fedro in, it so they they. Popped they claim, me AND i was, like all, right, well Maybe i'll get you some film or be on a roster and get some. Time and the judge overruled it and they pushed it to the next. Season so WHEN i got, THERE i was a fifty four man.
Speaker 2: Exempt.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah fifty. Four SO i got my credit. Season so if you look at my two thousand and eight, SEASON i only played one, game BUT i got a credit. Season and Then sean after in two thousand and nine in the, Offseason he's, like the only way that you make this team is as a long, Snapper so they moved me to long, snapper WHICH i thought was complete. Bullshit and then they brought In Jason kyle in training camp AND i almost slipped Over Sean payton's desk on him BECAUSE i wanted to kill him when he cut. ME i was, like you didn't know you're going to bring in a veteran snapper like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago.
Speaker 1: Bullshit so THEN i left AND i got wasted On Bourbon, street. WASTED i was hungover AND i was on the second hole golfing with a friend of mine AND i got the call From New england and the rest is. History so that's that. Story when did you Meet? Page BECAUSE i know you Met Peyre. ORLEANS i met her in that. Story she was at nursing school at l S u And. UH i was at a bar AND i just saw a little hot chick AND i, was you, know walked up to her and she couldn't.
Speaker 2: Resist was this when you were on The?
Speaker 1: Saints, YEAH i was on the se so you're still under The Bill parcells. Tree that's, Right Parcels and THEN i went to age on the real height with sometimes from That but, anyway deleash is.
Speaker 2: Short how did it feel to lose To gronk every day in one of the ones you know now in the in the run? Game? Yeah, Pass, well let's be. Honest let's be, Honest Gronk Run. Game what what what happened the run? Game? Yeah what do you?
Speaker 1: Mean you?
Speaker 2: Didn't you didn't you never made the? Tackle, well a good thing we didn't.
Speaker 1: Play against each other BECAUSE i didn't have to tackle my own teammates off passing. Gay, YEAH i couldn't Cover, drunk but it makes me feel better because he's A hall Of fame, Player and when you can't cover a guy that's going to the whole, fame you don't feel so. Bad you, know if he was a you, know just a, jag just another guy and he, sucked THEN i probably wouldn't have played as long AS i.
Speaker 2: Did so it was a.
Speaker 1: Good feeling knowing that that guy panned out to be a really good player his rookie. SEASON i was, like, DUDE i, Suck like MAYBE i need to not play in THE nfl. Anymore but he happened to be the Grunk.
Speaker 2: Thank, you.
Speaker 4: Nkle that was, interview but for, real one on, One ninko is one of the hardest defenders to, block probably because of your. Leverage what are you six? Three, yeah sixty, Five i'm sixty six.
Speaker 2: Long too.
Speaker 4: LONG i can't get leverage On he's like a bowling. Ball you're kind of like A James James harris. Ello but you guys have the leverage on, me So i'm never gonna be able to move. YOU i moved plenty of guys in my, career BUT i could never push back, ninkle not even a strong and majority of the time ACTUALLY i was getting pushed back and then like two AND i would have to find a way to cut him off so he wouldn't make the. TACKLE i was trying to figure out those type of techniques BECAUSE i couldn't. Move this guy is an absolute. Animal he's like kind of part of the.
Speaker 1: Ground earlier in Our, rudy we would do a lot of one on. Ones we would do the half line, stuff we would do all those things that they don't do. Anymore actually said this the other. Day if the rules were in place WHEN i came into the league the way that they are right, NOW i don't THINK i make AN nfl.
Speaker 2: ROSTER i don't think the.
Speaker 1: OTAs i don't think the non like padded practices are beneficial to. Gouds wouldn't give. Pads it wouldn't develop. Me, so you, know there's guys that look great in the. Shells you, know they're BIG nfl, players they're jack they're ripped or they got the v you, know unlike, me that's kind of, like you, know plumber ish. Plumber you, know maybe no offense to any plumbers out, there but you guys. Aren't there's a couple Of jackjack's.
Speaker 2: Popular you know that for a. Fact you're a tasty each uh. Delicious well it's you, know it's it's. Marbled you, know you go off the. Ship i'm a, tomahawk but tomahawk.
Speaker 1: TOMAHAWK i just think that the guys that are in full, pads you separate the men from the boys and pads and you don't Do they don't do one on, ones they don't do half, line they don't do nine on. Seven they don't do the things that really made you better show if a guy can make a play on the.
Speaker 2: Field like, really for, me all those drills.
Speaker 1: In practice are what turned a lot of guys heads, like oh, ship like that dude's pretty. Good oh one on, ones that guy's pretty. Good and then you get in the game and you do. It SO i feel for those, guys especially the borderline guys that need to prove, themselves that need special, teams that need to run down on. Kickoff and WHEN i was a, rookie LIKE i was the white, linebacker like you have to run down and hit a, wedge you have to run down and take the middle guy. Out you got to run down and just kama kazi yourself and you gotta do what you gotta, do Right like at the end of the, day you're trying to like make it so you gotta it's it's him or. Me i'm gonna take him, out like that's the name of the.
Speaker 2: Game nico did a lot of. That so you had this.
Speaker 4: Journey you were In, miami you played inside, linebacker you got, Cut you went To New, orleans you played long, snapper you got cut. Again when was that time in YOUR nfl career where you knew you belong and you were going to be a special player at the outside linebacker.
Speaker 1: POSITION i KNEW i. WAS i KNEW i could do it in six WHEN i was a, rookie you. Know so WHEN i got, DRAFTED i. Was they only kept three d, ns SO i was in the. Rotation but THEN i blew my knee out in The Super dome opening game Against. Atlanta so when they had The, katrina the storm the, dome the whole thing. Open the dome back up Was september twenty, Fifth Monday Night, football AND i was running a rundown on. Kickoff it was deep kick right after, uh they had to run a reverse AND i was actually going in on defense on that next series and we were PLAYING, vic so it was, like.
Speaker 2: Okay like IT'S, VIC i want to DO.
Speaker 1: Vic but it was a deep kick right and the returner caught the ball like a yard from the pylon AND i was THE r, three So i'm, like, Oh i'm gonna go make the. Play SO i just started to try and go make the play and the wedge hit me WHEN i was planned trying to go back to the to make the, tackle and it just my knee just like three big. POPS i remember it bang as mcl pco meniscus and THEN i was right There Sean. PAYTON i was on the ground and he's, like are you?
Speaker 2: Out are you? Hurt are you.
Speaker 1: Injured i'm Like i'm fucking. Done LIKE i KNEW i was. Done so then after the, game you know you have like the nial LIKE i didn't tear my C. O i like tried to walk on it like, flamingo LIKE i stepped in it like went. BACKWARDS i was, like, oh, okay MAYBE.
Speaker 2: I remember looking At Jim whaling OH i just, said, oh it's, gone and he's like we need to get an. EXTRA i go, goddamn it's.
Speaker 3: Not because if he if he, does if he says because they do the, TESTEST.
Speaker 2: I mean if they say we got to get next, ray that means you're. DONE i got. WEIRD i MEAN i have like super loose knees, Anyway so LIKE.
Speaker 3: I, know there's like five Times innovich would come up, yeah looking at him like you're.
Speaker 1: FINE i tore MY i tore my m c l six times just from getting rolled up.
Speaker 2: On because at least you got a record when you're on the when you're on the line and throwing. Shots, yeah thrown shoots.
Speaker 1: Shots he's had a few shots in his, day throwing shots back at.
Speaker 3: You you know this guy over? Here what about what all these chirps on our social like are You.
Speaker 1: IT'S i just love. IT i think it's. HILARIOUS i, mean you know the dudes on, dudes the space.
Speaker 2: Beers Gron, yeah, hey modeling start might look to you and then you get On gronk about being on. Bowtop you must think he looks. Good, yeah, yeah talks look. Good by the, way you, guys why were you saying? That because what you're, SAYING i, MEAN.
Speaker 1: I know you're you guys are close friends with a lot of guys that make you, know.
Speaker 2: Who are we close friends with that has? Botox what are you trying to? Say trying to? Say look, here don't feel.
Speaker 4: ME i DON'T i look at that wrinkle IF i had botoks that?
Speaker 2: Wrinkle what they call this a?
Speaker 1: Response you guys are responding to, it AND i love. It and IF i didn't like y'all out, there but, like but we don't respond to you on the. Internet oh you don't. Respond, OKAY i don't believe that for a. Second but you get a lot of. Laughs people are. Laughing but like literally your balls are on his back right, now which is kind of.
Speaker 3: Weird nor but you don't do you got to use your Growing oh you got to. Squeeze do you have something against no?
Speaker 2: Ship no, Dude I'm i'm. Here you, guys you got to think against the? Bromance is something wrong with?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Was, hey speaking of meat, guys that's why he's. Here are you sponsored by any like butchers or anything? Butchers?
Speaker 1: Yeah why because meat dudes on, dudes you, know like sponsored by certain.
Speaker 2: Butchers point, MAN i just came up with. THAT i should have. See these guys came in with the. Board, no that's all with that's all about is going to help us. OUT i, KNOW i, know but wagoo, beef go hit up. Wagoo say, hey wago is a type of. BEEF i, know hit? Up whoever makes it just say, hey, dudes on, dudes we like. Meat we'll be right back after this quick. Break i've got one more.
Speaker 4: Question i'm, like, yeah come, on all, right this guy is great with leverage in the run. Game how many how many sacks in your?
Speaker 1: CAREER i don't, know like forty six or some missed a ton of forty six.
Speaker 2: Sacks that's a lot of them out, Right like fifty one in the. Playoffs, yeah fifty one total, player fifty one total.
Speaker 1: Total they don't own any guy with fifty one sacks in his.
Speaker 2: Career why did you not make more? Money? Well why they do not have the leverage in the contract? Talks, well BECAUSE i think this is.
Speaker 1: Me this is What i'm gonna tell. You this is my this is my. Theory what's your? THEORY i want to hear.
Speaker 4: IT i was talking about it is a lot of a lot of.
Speaker 2: You guys just won't let me. Speak this is.
Speaker 1: Advice money shouldn't be your, goal but financial freedom should be your. Goal so whatever number you have or what you, have WHAT i, have it's all. Different so like if you want to keep up with The joneses and you want to have The bentley and you want to have the nice house in the, car you're gonna have to keep.
Speaker 2: Working you're goa have to make more. Money you're gonna have to get all.
Speaker 1: That you're gonna have To but if my number is a certain number And i'm happy with it and it gives me the financial freedom and i'm you, know you're smart and you're not an idiot with.
Speaker 2: It then you're.
Speaker 1: Fine so your, contract why didn't you make? More why didn't you make?
Speaker 2: More you? Know good, point wasn't your first contract less Than hernandez's contract less, guarantee less.
Speaker 1: GUARANTEE i was financially free though WHEN i signed, that so so and then you also have good as a free. Agent like when you're a free, agent you have to so if you're a first round, pick so any first round, pick your a second round, Pick you're not going to make a contract that's less than your second round contract because that doesn't make. Sense if you're a free agent and your signing bonus is five. Grand mine was like one hundred and thirty something. Thousand if they dangle half a million in front of you for a two year deal with four million, bucks you're, like fuck four million. Bucks, okay that's two million after, taxes all, Right my goal is ten to twelve When i'm. Done when you hit that number and you're, like, okay, conservatively, conservatively IF i make seven to ten percent on that money AND i don't touch the, nut like it's just going to roll.
Speaker 3: Over and then ten, percent who's your financial seven to ten, conservatively because if you try to go for twelve to, fifteen the downside risk is a lot.
Speaker 1: Harder so, like if you were heavily, invested you were shooting for fifteen to twenty percent at your age FINANCIAL covid, hit then you would have been down thirty, percent, Right so you want to stay conservative in your.
Speaker 2: Investments, wow thank you for that financial.
Speaker 1: Letter, Now so for every ten million, dollars you could pull twenty thousand a, month and that's not your full, nuts so you could pull forty, Right so if you have twenty million in the, bank you could live off of forty thousand a month because you.
Speaker 2: Live off of forty thousand a. MINLE i don't. Know so it depends on your life. Style it depends on your. Life you live IN.
Speaker 1: La and you got a big house and you got to pay taxes on it because they just passed something On, OH i think the governor Of california just passed like a sixteen percent increase on your property. Taxes so that should be. Funny sixteen per sixteen? Percent so what's that?
Speaker 2: Mean sixteen percent of what it is or they're putting it to sixteen.
Speaker 1: Percent, no they're putting they're putting adding sixteen to what you're you're paying right now because.
Speaker 3: You're paying one point one percent of your purchase price sixteen percent of, that so it's gonna be one point that's.
Speaker 2: It's just going to be a lot if you live In. CALIFORNIA i like the heat that you're bringing to the.
Speaker 1: TABLE i love the, man and you know, what you're surprising me right, now, man AND i really like.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 4: Man you're always bringing that intriguing factor to whatever you're, doing and that's why we love.
Speaker 2: You. Man you brought you have to have these deep forget to.
Speaker 1: LIFE i was thinking of doing my own thing just called depth and just getting deep on life and getting.
Speaker 2: You know, what we? Know what are we here? For? What we're here for you here for. It we're here for you to get deep into the dude that you're bringing to and that's what we're gonna. Do, yes let's. Go nino is going to be here for six hours talking to us about how to make eight percent on his. Portfolio you're, good let's probably tax free to. Somehow, yeah we got a percent depends on HOW i was. Talking, yeah you know exactly that. Guy Rob let's get THE ai synopsis Rob nikovich picked for.
Speaker 4: So guest usually break down two, guys two guys or three. Guys we usually break down talk about him for ten. Minutes but since you're the, guests we're just going to do one guy that we're going to break. Down you have one guy that you've run guy, Okay, Yeah and before we get, STARTED i read AN ai summary about the guy just to give a little glimpse of a who.
Speaker 2: We're going to.
Speaker 4: Talk i'm not, here we go all, Right and the reason WHY i read it is Because julian's Readings there we.
Speaker 2: Go care we GOT i REMEMBER i was kN ninka was probably going to say. That SO i just wanted to get ahead of car in front of. People, YEAH i can't, read can't to. Play.
Speaker 4: Hey standing at six foot four inches and weigh two hundred and twenty, pounds This hall Of fame quarterback was selected first overall in the nineteen eighty nine, draft the year THAT i was, born and went on to lead his team to Three Super bowl. Championships he earned Six Pro bowl selections and was THE mvp Of Super bowl twenty, seven cementing his status as a clutch performer in big. Moments raised In california And, oklahoma he starred at UC La. Ucla in high, school he was An all state football player and also a standout. Shortstop since, retiring he's been a fixture in the broadcast booth and even launched his own beer in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Two let's get On troy And.
Speaker 4: NINKO i love Tro why did you Pick Troy aikman for the dude that you want to get all over?
Speaker 1: On? SO i Picked Troy aikman because number, one when you're a, kid you're influenced by the best teams and the.
Speaker 2: Winners.
Speaker 1: Right so WHEN i was a, KID i grew up In, chicago the suburbs Of. Chicago The bears sucked, right they Had cade McNown and they were just. Terrible remember OTHER ucla. Gain so for, me The cowboys were the. Team SO i had like the bedspread AND i had The cowboys like in the bedroom like all the you, KNOW i had the border around my room The cowboys At Emmitt smith on the, Wall Troy, aikman UH, I Michael irvin so you know for, Me Jesse, Johnson Jimmy, Johnson uh, yeah, YEAH i MEAN i didn't have a poster of, him but he had great hair still great, hair looking fly so and he was just Like troykman is just a, tough tough. Quarterback like he was a guy that would just take a big lick and just keep going. Right he just gritty and uh you, KNOW i had a chance to talk to him a couple of. Times that beer company that he's, got HE i do, believe like he sent me a whole like beer and stuff was so pumped Them Like troutman sent me a.
Speaker 2: Beer so what type of.
Speaker 4: Beer it's a light bearer because if separate from other, beers, well his beer is a light.
Speaker 2: Logger it's very like because he's got like he's a health conscious. Guy like if you watch his social media, stuff he's jacked for you know how old old fifty eight fifty. Eight he looks. Great he looks.
Speaker 1: Great he does and you, know unfortunately he had to leave the game a little early because of the head stuff that he was. Taking he sounds, like sounds, great talks, well he does a great job on, television and, uh you, KNOW i think he's one hell of a. Dude you ever meet, Him i've never met. Him in met you, know maybe one day MAYBE i take, THAT i take that. Back you, know you do the pregame. STUFF i met him at one of, those AND i was, like. STAR i think we were In. CINCINNATI i think we played In. Cincinnati that was the game that, remember like we had that. Monsoon it was literally like Thirteen, yes we had we were coming. Back it was the last drive and we. Couldn't we had a we had a. Fumble we created a fumble right. THERE i Think dev created a. Fumble we got the ball. Back we couldn't and we. Couldn't we couldn't throw, it couldn't throw the, ball like literally it was we got craziest. Rain we had the craziest rainstorm right when we got the. BALL i Think Vonnie holliday had a strip sack On.
Speaker 3: TOM i was hurting that if you ever met if you ever met, him what would your first question be to?
Speaker 1: Him probably, just, uh you, know how did You how did you stay so successful for so many years when you guys were the, team like we were the, team but that's like the. Team and that was in the nineties, too and they were back to Back Super bowl, champion SO i think it was ninety two ninety, three and then that was the team that beat up they Killed, buffalo AND i don't know if you've seen the documentary The Four falls Of. Buffalo, yeah it's kind of, depressing very. Sad sad From Buffalo thenko and oh, yeah remember.
Speaker 2: BUT i was so.
Speaker 4: YOUNG i don't know any of, That like you, Don't, OKAY i don't remember any of that one that all happened my last, game which is, good which is.
Speaker 2: Good. Right do you ever think about the other.
Speaker 1: Side like those, guys like how terrible that must feel for?
Speaker 2: Them? Frelena, Yeah, yeah ANYTIME i see one of the, GUYS i just.
Speaker 1: FEEL i feel Because Matt ryan anytime he does anything they ask him about, that and it's, like at a POINT i would just be, like shut the fuck.
Speaker 2: Up he stupids like a hell of a.
Speaker 4: Career he made so much, MONEY i, mean through for so many, touchdowns and all people bring up to him, is, hey like what happened in.
Speaker 2: That game versus The patriots and The Super? Bowl that.
Speaker 1: Sucks WHEN i watched those documentaries Like The Four falls Of, buffalo AND i see like some of the guys and now, older AND i don't know if you've seen some OLDER nfl, players but it's pretty, depressing you. Know it's, like holy, Shit LIKE i wish they would have won A Super. Bowl for those guys right, Now i'm happy that we were able to make that happen and win that football. Game BUT i kind of sometimes, have you, know a little bit of empathy for those guys that didn't win a Super, bowl definitely because you lost a Super bowl as. Well, yes so we know what it feels like to lose A Super. Bowl it's probably one of the worst feelings that you can. Feel and you almost would rather NOW i say, this AND i don't know if you feel the. SAME i almost rather not play that. Game, rather just like lose THE Afc Championship game and then, say oh, shit next, year we'll get back. There because when you get to the Super, bowl and we had, it and not only was it a shitty, loss it was In. Indianapolis that was the. Worst just like who, thought, like, oh let's have a Nice indianapolis Super. Bowl it's gonna be freezing and there's only one cool steakhouse and there's really nothing to do.
Speaker 2: Here same.
Speaker 3: Moment it's actually a great host CITY i heard, though like for like conventions and, shit for like a viewer in the. Fan if it wasn't, freezing they have. Hotels i've. Heard it's a really good like hosting. City almost as bad As minnesota that was. Freezing that was eleven.
Speaker 2: Under eleven degrees.
Speaker 1: Under so it makes those like that, decision let's let's stay.
Speaker 2: THERE i build the stadium. Up it was a newer. STADIUM i, mean this will come.
Speaker 4: ON i was just An, indy you, know like you, said they need some warm weather. There it's all, right you, know they do a decent job hosting that many. PEOPLE i was at any five, hundred so there was over four hundred thousand people in the, city and they had enough, hotels enough restaurants and all, that but it's kind of run down a little. Bit and, uh talking about That Super bowl game as. Well that's WHY i got so hammered after the game BECAUSE i didn't want to remember anything that.
Speaker 2: HAPPENED i don't remember anything.
Speaker 1: EXACTLY i don't remember they put a safety video out on like a good chip in THE nfl put it out and they showed the clip THAT i actually got.
Speaker 2: Concusted So i'm coming.
Speaker 1: Off the tackle and, literally like the SECOND i get off the tackles, Shoulder Brandon jacobs is running to the flat and flippers me on my. CHIN i stop AND i drop in coverage But i'm not supposed to be in coverage at. All AND i get off of it And Matt he's, like, hey, uh what happened on that? Play i'm, like what? PLAY i don't, Remember LIKE i got. Hit he's, like, yeah you got, IT i, said, DUDE i. WAS i don't remember. Anything SO i don't even remember playing that.
Speaker 3: Game so you know how crazy dangerous this game was or, Is and especially for guy Like Troy aikman who took a lot of.
Speaker 2: Hits what makes what does he do? Better that makes everyone. Else what does he do better than anyone? Else what is his great makes sam?
Speaker 1: Elite probably his consistency because if you, watch if you watch like just what he does, now it's how he prepares for, television how he and then how he takes care of his body so literally to get in shape or to be.
Speaker 2: Fit it's just discipline and.
Speaker 1: Consistency so like for him to be so good for so long and then transition into the booth and be so good for so, long he has to be consistent and he has to.
Speaker 2: Be able to do that over and over and over.
Speaker 1: Again AND i think that's why he was so successful in his professional, career and then when he went to, television he's been even probably more. Successful, Right he's stuck around for so long and he's still doing it at such a high. Level it comes back to probably what he was so good at when he was a professional football. Player you, KNOW i really like that. Answer and to all you young bucks out, there it's all about. Consistency it's not about doing it once having a one handed catch you know that, day or running so fast and blowing by the safeties and having a. Touchdown but if you can't do it the next, Day, well then you're not going to make the.
Speaker 2: Team you're not going to make the.
Speaker 4: Cut and what's so interesting is that we Asked slater what Made Brandon schooler so great as a special teamer to make him An All pro last, year and he said the same, thing Because Matthew slater coached.
Speaker 2: Him he, said it's his.
Speaker 4: Consistency he brought it every single day to practice and then it transferred into a. Game and now we just talked to you and we, asked, hey what Makes Troy aikman so? Great and you, said it's his, consistency just how he, prepares how he went out there to be great on a daily. Basis so if you want to be, great it has to be at a consistent rate every single. Day it's not, like, Hey i'm gonna be good, Today i'm gonna try harder today And i'm gonna take off. Tomorrow, no you have to be great every day and you have to bring your a game every, day just Like Troy.
Speaker 2: Aikman Like ninkos saying it's right makes a lot of sense to The.
Speaker 4: Beast and talking About, troy if you had the, chance if you were playing back in his, era what do you think would have been like to sack, him it would have been.
Speaker 2: Awesome i'd loved.
Speaker 1: It you, know you watch nineties tape two, thousands the game is definitely of all that's, changed it's a lot different. Now i'm not gonna be that old guy and he's, like, oh these young kids, today he couldn't play back in the. Day BUT i would say the receivers, nowadays the tight, ends the quarterbacks like AND i Think tom's even talked about. This you back in the nineties in early two, thousands like you had a responsibility to take care of your, Receiver, like, Hey i'm not just gonna throw this this lead a receiver on a slant and there's a guy sitting right.
Speaker 2: There it could take him out of the. Game you can take him out for a week, out take them out.
Speaker 1: Right so you, know WHEN i watch those guys back in the nineties and the two, THOUSANDS i think that it was probably the hardest and most physical the, football like the game the sport has ever.
Speaker 2: Been because the rules weren't adjusted and.
Speaker 3: It was the e they had more athletic team and they started training in the offseason.
Speaker 1: And show you had, speed you had, strength and you had subpar. Equipment so like those guys were still wearing like the cork bike helmets that they were wearing in the. Eighties in the, seventies there were in that ship all the way their whole, career but they were faster and. Bigger all hits were legal to the Callack like there are guys blind size someone you can just tee.
Speaker 2: Off there are Guys i've seen. It i've seen. SOMEONE i THINK howi long Gouge someone's eye fell. Out the cornerbacks just absolutely got derailed.
Speaker 1: Too there are guys that are in The hall Of fame that couldn't play in today's.
Speaker 2: Game they just couldn't.
Speaker 1: Play because of the way that the physicality of how they hit people Like John, Lynch Like John lynch right now couldn't just decapitate people over the.
Speaker 2: Middle or that was his. Game that was his.
Speaker 1: Game lot doesn't fit in this. Era so for, me it's like those guys LIKE i have all this touchdown here, NOW i have all the respect in the world for, though like that era of, football because not only they weren't making the crazy, money they were building the game up to where it is right, now and like now the guys are getting paid crazy, money and we were talking about.
Speaker 2: Crazy money too compared to the guys before us. Though that's how it. Goes it's always evolution of the.
Speaker 1: GAME i, mean like a baseball, player like they're probably, like oh my, god you see what those guys are making seven hundred million dollars and they're going to make that when they're fifty sixty years.
Speaker 2: Old like the Old tani.
Speaker 1: Contract who's going to make thirty million dollars when he's fifty five is nuts because they defer everything down the road.
Speaker 2: So he can be In texas when he did, this so it doesn't he get taxed on.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: Exactly back to who's the favorite quarterback that you've ever? Sacked since we're talking about, sacking what about you in your.
Speaker 1: CAREER i can't officially call it a sack For Brett farv because he uh intentionally grounded the, ball so that takes away your.
Speaker 2: Sack which Sucks Brett.
Speaker 1: Farber, yeah, yeah that's all Probably. MANNING i got The manning, BROTHER i got both around. It that's good grounded. Sack, yeah so they don't consider it a. Sack i'd probably Say peyton And eli those are two goods Because peyton WHEN i was At. PURDUE i went to The monday AND i was A thursday night opener at THE Rca dome and they were playing The steelers AND i went there as a.
Speaker 2: SET i went there my senior year At perdue and they were.
Speaker 1: Playing after the, game he went to this bar and the agent that was trying to recruit me like took me to the same, bar AND i remember looking at, like That's Peyton, manning, Right and then fast forward like twelve years And i'm, like sack fumbling them and.
Speaker 2: Stuff it's. Awesome that's. Awesome, yeah, smearing give him the.
Speaker 3: Business and what what's the moment that stands out the most to you In troyman's.
Speaker 1: Career probably you know the from the transition because a lot of guys when you're there's only three ways to leave the, game so.
Speaker 2: It's your, way their, way or.
Speaker 1: Injured so when you leave, injured, mentally it's kind of hard to just really take, that, Right like it's hard to accept the fact that you are being pushed out of the game that you love and when you're playing, football like that's your, Everything like you love, it, right you wouldn't?
Speaker 2: You that's all you, know because you've been doing it your whole.
Speaker 1: Life SO i think probably the most impressive thing is his transition from leaving the game not on his terms and then going into the booth and being.
Speaker 2: Really good at.
Speaker 1: It, so, yeah his career is, great BUT i think the television aspect of, it because what he does is not, easy, Right like the game is a flow and you got to be on. It and, yeah you know he's With Joe buck and that. Guy you, know he's got the voice and he's like right on. It but to come in and to come out and chemistry good and have, chemistry it takes.
Speaker 2: Time and he's worked at. It.
Speaker 3: Obviously it's called Six Super bowls in twenty years At. Fox, yeah and he's been AT espn since twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, yeah, yeah good OLD. Espn that's your. Spot what kind of dude Is Troy. Aikman is he a stud an athleticism, Freak he's had the pedigree his whole, Life the Footbay q's, there he's well.
Speaker 3: Rounded is he a? Freak unparalleled physical? Ability one of one instinct you see, Him you're, like that's not.
Speaker 2: Human is he a?
Speaker 3: Dog relentless motivated, physically, mentally. Tough is he a whiz intellect innovative clutch or is he a dude's? Dude a positive attitude or negative attitude in the locker room that makes a guy relatable and great for the locker.
Speaker 4: Room and don't you, Worry we're going to ask you a series of questions later in this episode to figure out.
Speaker 2: The type of dude you. Are so, ready so think a little bit about this. One, Okay so.
Speaker 1: This is tough because you can't just, say, like, oh he's a freak. Girl he's like it's tough because to be a quarterback you have to have a lot of. Intellect you gotta be very. Smart so he's definitely got a little whiz to. Him he's a stud because he's number one overall, pick He's hall Of, famers.
Speaker 2: Looks like a. Stud his face looks like like he's got that study. Voice he's got just everything about.
Speaker 1: Him So i'm gonna, Go i'm going combo on.
Speaker 2: This, Okay i'm gonna say no such thing as a combo combos in. This it's one, ALRIGHT.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: GONNA i was gonna.
Speaker 1: Though and he sells, beer, Right he's got his own, Beer so that's kind of like a dude's. Dude So i'll stay With. Stud i'm saying he's a. Stud he's just.
Speaker 4: Stud has a little bit of attributes in him as a dude dude as, well but most he's a.
Speaker 2: Stuff, yeah but he is a. Stuff stuff you INTO u c L. A The California kid became the Fucking america's team's quarterback one Three Super Bowl, like he's a.
Speaker 4: Stuff the broadcasting boot has his own beer that you've been drinking a lot.
Speaker 2: Of we can tell. Me i'm actually leaning me right.
Speaker 4: Now so now let's get on The Chiller's dude of The week presented by Cors like give me a. Beer, yeah get him a. Beer no doubt about that last, Episode. Slater he's a good. Boy he doesn't drink, beer SO i double fitted for. Him But, ninko thank you for join a beer for. Us so let's get into The Chaillis dude of The, week brought to you by our favorite beer course like Get corslight delivered straight to your. Door Visit corslike dot com slash dudes celebrate, responsibly And, ninko thank you for being here today and hanging out with. Us dudes here you're a good.
Speaker 2: Dude he heard That Crash cold is The Rocky Cold ninko as The Chillis dude of the. Week do you like our? Cooler it's very. Cool, yeah it. Does all, right that should be a gift for.
Speaker 1: Me. Man The Chillis dude of The week is the one and Only Rob, Ncovin.
Speaker 3: And we're going to ask our, pal our, Teammate rob a patented system of questions to see what kind of dude he was in the locker.
Speaker 4: ROOM i kind of already have a feeling, is but you know it might get changed up a little bit after.
Speaker 2: Series. Question this is.
Speaker 1: Going to be so fun asking. Questions he's, right he's so calm though.
Speaker 4: To this he's usually a spas all over the, place like knowing what to, do like what?
Speaker 2: Happened so, calm like, camera really. Calm let's start out with the hard, one all, right come, on and you've been.
Speaker 1: Having great answers the questions like it's, Diahuasca i'm, BLOWING i don't ask to see there we, Go i'm it's.
Speaker 2: The it's the micro micro do you? Know? Started let's, go what kind of dude do you think?
Speaker 1: YOU i Think i'm uh you, know just your average dude down to.
Speaker 2: Earth out of the five, categories.
Speaker 4: Your average down the average, bridge average.
Speaker 1: Bridge i'm gonna drink a. Beer i'm gonna drink a beer with kind of down to, its.
Speaker 2: Kind of like a dude's. Dude then we don't know what you're. Saying no, Confidence AND i don't. KNOW i don't said you said no. Confidence i'm. Not i'm not not a.
Speaker 1: Stud you Wouldn't you. WOULDN'T i Mean campbell. Soup you might be a Chunky, yeah do you ever do A campbell soup? Commercially, Nah i'm surprised chunky. Enough it was all offensive. Linemen and, no yeah they.
Speaker 2: The the watts on. There they're not.
Speaker 4: Junky yeah They, no they're, not they're. Jacks well they were selling Jack campbell.
Speaker 2: Soup all. Right next, question did you wear flip flops in the? Shop?
Speaker 1: No, okay never a flip flop, guy never had never. Had, well think about. It if everyone's wearing flip flops And i'm, not Then i'm good about the. Diary what about the dirty grind doesn't get in the sweatsgusting bacteria that comes off your body that's in on the ground from, PRACTICE i don't KNOW'S i? Mean, WELL i asked a question accident accidentally ingested your spit, bottle so headworks.
Speaker 2: Happened he does not wear. No, no he doesn't know who's the most famous person in your? Phone? Uh Donnie. Wahlberg donny.
Speaker 1: Texts donnie right. Now he's starting a New. UH i think it's like a detective show In. BOSTON i need to be like an. Extra somebody roughs up or.
Speaker 2: Something Donny.
Speaker 5: WAHLBERG i Love. Donnie earlier the show put don alert to be An, yeah you should be an. Actor kids on the block would be.
Speaker 2: Good at an, actor you'd be. Good i'd have a.
Speaker 1: Hard time memorizing. LINES i, Think, OH i don't think. So man depends you got to do like the you, know world.
Speaker 4: Associations thinking of talking about can you memorize? Lines what was your?
Speaker 1: College g P a three to two talked about that and then we Don't. Purdue they really made you feel stupid if you didn't get. This they would give you a little essay on your on your. Jersey they wouldn't put your name on your, jersey but they put a student athlete symbol on your.
Speaker 2: Jersey if you had over a three, Zero SO i. WAS i was trying to get that BECAUSE i didn't want to look. Stupid so he had the essay essay patch on the right on the V it was, right your student. Athlete, yep there's no more such things as student.
Speaker 1: Athletes you, know they're just trying to get that bad but you you were give me a bad.
Speaker 2: Example thank these, Kids thank.
Speaker 3: You what was the song on your high school highlight?
Speaker 2: Tape welcome to The Jungle jungle game guns n'? Ros does that mean you like?
Speaker 1: BUSH i love a big, BUSH a lot of bushes in the.
Speaker 2: Jungle, yeah guns and.
Speaker 1: ROAST i knew, it all. Right how many college offers did you? Get a lot Of mac? Schools So? Mac, oh, SORRY.
Speaker 2: I had this shitty School kent stayed off for? Me really you just? NO i didn't.
Speaker 3: Okid he wouldn't go there Because James harrison was there during that.
Speaker 2: Time was that's a good imitation right there Of James. HARRISON i like, Him he's, good. Dude seems like a. Grip how many college offers did you? Get? One? Two like?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: College three? Offers you need is? One you need to have one? Free mac need his One illinois, state all? Right next, question what was your first?
Speaker 1: Car my first car was a nineteen eighty seven Yellow mustang convertible with a four cylinder and a messed up, muffler so it was like.
Speaker 2: It was a thousand bucks. Convertible, yes, wow what do you drive?
Speaker 1: Now just the f three fifty three forty Fifty Diesel diesel total, first big Big.
Speaker 2: Diesel, gay he is.
Speaker 1: Diesel though you are a truck. Big what was your first endorsement?
Speaker 2: Deal? Uh probably just The nike? Deal? Nike can you come in like five? Grand it was? Great? Nike did you use all the? MONEY i?
Speaker 1: Did, actually BECAUSE i KNEW i was going to get. Cut of, COURSE i got a good tax, GUY cpa is on. It it was gonna get. Cut SO i got golf. Clubs they were like two. GRAND i got all the tigre wood. Stuff now they don't make golf stuff, Anymore, nike BUT i thought they're. Clubs still do added an inch add to those?
Speaker 2: Clubs by the, WAY i wish you could add an, inch don't? You rob? Two Has nike a couple of? INCHES i? Wish, yeah you have a, kid But i'm really Exactly. Zach it doesn't Reach we got questions doesn't. REACH i, Know i'm.
Speaker 3: Screaty we got a lot of, questions all, right, COMING i might have to do, that LIKE i F p or.
Speaker 2: Whatever it's that, pump the penis pump THING i don't, know Like swedish penis pump oh By, austin yeah or. Whatever in order to have a, KID i don't make you RUN i. Do, oh that's that's. Vitro you don't have.
Speaker 1: That, well it's not long, enough that has nothing that you could have a micro and if you have a sperm, count you'll.
Speaker 2: Make as many kids as you.
Speaker 3: Want all, Right, Okay, well since you're a doctor with so much Not Walter, ninko what's the square root of?
Speaker 2: Twelve? Oh? Quick he said it? Quick pretty. Smart didn't quickly describe your? Locker uh?
Speaker 1: Mess so do you know that most, athletes because men in, general they don't develop their frontal lobe that you developed that and you're thirty two years, old, Right so when you're a football player and everything is like a scheduled out and planned, out you don't actually.
Speaker 2: Ever develop that.
Speaker 1: Skill so the majority of football, players because of the scheduling and all the things that are done for, you have a hard time with, organizing, scheduling doing all that. Stuff that's Why julian has an. Assistant frontal. Low all that just assistance and then not on top of, that on top of, that you're hitting the front of your, head so you're like destroying and you're not developing.
Speaker 2: That, well what about? Me that's why have you ever been In rob's? Garage it's not? Organized, okay so frontal low because of locker and.
Speaker 1: Men in, general don't develop that until later in. Line we'll be right back after this quick. Break you, know this guy has got all the. Answers so if you weren't a pro, athlete then what would you do For that's why to be an ironworker.
Speaker 2: Iron IRON i don't, know it's probably just saying that because did.
Speaker 1: You like Legos Erector pop is an. Ironworker you got me in, there and you don't got the grid Of Papa.
Speaker 2: Ninko, yeah he carries the name tough.
Speaker 1: Guy my dad In disney will like ask people if they're. Tough so imagine if you're.
Speaker 2: Walking imagine you're walking In, disney, right and a guy is in a cutoff and he's got, pipes, right so he's jacked up and a seven year old man.
Speaker 1: Just looks at him says tough. Guy huh and the guy, goes, What, No, no don't worry ABOUT i don't know why he does.
Speaker 2: That, well this is.
Speaker 1: Great this is leading into the next question after after, that don't do that Dead you're gonna get summarizing of your. Dad and a fight breaks out at practice or At disneyland with your dad wherever or wherever it, is what do you?
Speaker 2: Do who's in?
Speaker 1: It like your, Teammate, yeah, yeah Like i'll fight at?
Speaker 2: Practice jump, in, Bro you just trying to. Practice so if your dad At, disneyland what are you going to? Do how a? Fight? Yeah what are you trying to? Do you help?
Speaker 1: Out you grab if somebody's involved in a certain.
Speaker 2: Way stopping the, fighter you jumping? In the fight to fight.
Speaker 1: Depends on the type of. Fight like there's there's different levels of. Fighting it's like the grab.
Speaker 2: Does it? Involves what DID i do With you're you're really?
Speaker 4: Good friend is in the middle of the brawl and the guy he's fighting, says f you to you as?
Speaker 1: Well are you jumping? In of course you're ripping their heads. Off remember remember me And cannon got in a fighting.
Speaker 2: Practice what.
Speaker 1: HAPPENED i flipped his ass on his head and his belly was out and his legs were.
Speaker 2: KICKING i don't remember, that but you Said bill came up to me. AFTER i don't remember that. Either you got, yeah he would fight in that.
Speaker 1: One but He's, windell me And windell AND o t a Is he like grabbed my beard if you because you had a long beard at one, Point if you get this area of your beard, pulled it hurts. Bad so he grabbed my shirt and he had my beard in. There SO i was, like AND i punched him and like right in his right here in the because you don't want to you don't want to hurt your, hands so you kind of like palm strike it, right and then we started. Fighting bill was like you, too just go and we started. RUNNING i remember, that AND i did you have to hold hands or?
Speaker 2: Something. NO i was, Like i'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna let a fat offensive lineman beat me on my sprint or on the. Field SO i took off and he was trying TO i could tell he was trying to like beat, me SO i was booking it. Right so we get back in like record, time And bill's.
Speaker 2: Like just keep going AND i was like ship NOW i just had to keep. Going so then second lap around two, Minutes, Rob you're In oh, GOD i was. Dying and then we had to do two. Minutes got you just.
Speaker 3: Put a side note on when a fight breaks, out he's d T F A dtf guy decribed the. Fight, guy he's not just.
Speaker 2: You gotta field. FIGHT i just want To you got to describe, them just like.
Speaker 4: Like a page page has between.
Speaker 1: Us he loves, YES i, love should get page on.
Speaker 2: Here so next, Question, yeah what's the most you've ever? Benched probably four fifty, five four to fifty, five, big, big, big big guy guy strong fifty. Five it's on the. Wall they probably took that. Down he might be wait was? That was that a record on the? Wall was on the, record on the record on the, wall record on all record breaking record pr. Guy he looks like he's like a paper. Asshole he's better on. Paper. Yeah, oh he's right, there he's. Right the next, question have you ever been? Fined? Yes, oh and how? Much and what was the?
Speaker 1: Rease fifteen thousand a? Million fifteen fifteen thousand was uh. FIFTEEN i Pushed fitzpatrick and he flopped like a little punk AND i got the. Flag so that was fifteen.
Speaker 2: Grand now is just The fitzpatrick that went To?
Speaker 1: Harvard, yes, okay the Real Ivy league Real and he did like the old, man you, know like an old man gets, pushed they do like the and they fall back and they wave their.
Speaker 2: Arms mark guy. Smart so.
Speaker 1: Flag that was my Only that was the only FLAG i ever. HAD i had two flags in my career off sides once and that that was.
Speaker 2: It all.
Speaker 3: Right we didn't ask that, question but here we know this. One what's your fastest forty?
Speaker 1: Times probably four eight four eight four eight, guy, yeah four, Seven.
Speaker 2: MAX i was thinking more like fort. NINE i was taking a four nine, guy four.
Speaker 1: NINE i have this problem with. TIME i get real, stiff you, KNOW i like to anything that's.
Speaker 2: Time what was it?
Speaker 1: TWENTY i don't know one. SOMETHING i was real fast on the, well give him four eight four point eight six.
Speaker 2: Nine there we go there at eight six nine.
Speaker 1: A little he's so, funny, funny, Funny.
Speaker 2: Hey what's my what's my garage? Code who didn't knows? THIS i MEAN i HEAR i read all this. CHIME i didn't realize he's this in person as. Well, wait wait TILL i get this, episo So i'm gonna tirp the ship out of.
Speaker 1: Them, okay let's. Go he's got chirp. Himself that's how much he LOVES i pull. Up we're asking all you Ask Jesus, christ trying to figure out what kind of guy you?
Speaker 2: Are all, right figure it. Out when was the last time you? Cried it's really, important this is.
Speaker 1: Real last TIME i cried The New stitch MOVIE i took my. Kids, yeah it was sad at the. End that's a good.
Speaker 2: One The stitch was dead and then they fully. BANKING i was fully banking on. It remember The titans ON. Tbs what doesn't get?
Speaker 1: Me it's something if anything, does like a kid losing something and then they get.
Speaker 2: Emotional it just brings me back to, like he's a good. Guy what he has a? Heart what star recruit were you in high? School three and a? Half three and a. Half there's no such.
Speaker 1: Thing i'd say three and a. Half it was, three BUT i like to put a half on. It oh so it was a three. Star i'd like to SAY i was closer to.
Speaker 3: Four so it's a three Three he claims three and a half and a.
Speaker 2: Half three point five. Three, well it's also could be comedic three, five or In rob's, terms that was pretty. Funny he's.
Speaker 1: Comedic he should be an actors impressions apters up, here you guys would BE i don't see no.
Speaker 2: Prompter i'm looking at. You you're looking at a sheet in front of.
Speaker 1: You said oh, yeah, yeah, Yeah oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh all, right what's the first date look like for? You first?
Speaker 1: Date while all, right So i'm gonna tell you the first thing you need to do on any girl that you want to be, with you gotta go to An italian spot and you got to get, spaghetti something that's, messy because if you're with somebody that doesn't want to get down on, it it's not for. You like you got to have a good pasta, dish a good pasta, dish and if she, eats are, LIKE i don't like, this it's too.
Speaker 2: Messy that's not for.
Speaker 1: Me you got to have something that's just like page for, example let's hear it From New, orleans, Right, so like one of the first things that she took me to was like a crawfish, boil which is. Disgusting Like i'm not From New, orleans but she was getting after them Craw dad's like. Crazy SO i was thinking to, myself not. Bad well do you consider yourself a? Crawdaddy So i'm a.
Speaker 2: Or are you a raw? DADDY i don't. KNOW i got three. Kids maybe never, MIND i shouldn't get into. It so first date Is italian? Restaurant italian? Restaurant like on? That what's? That do you talk on that? Date or just? Eating it's all.
Speaker 1: About it's all about. Conversations, Rules it's about having.
Speaker 3: Conversations remember depth a Specific it's about depth a Specific italian, RESTAURANT.
Speaker 2: I, mean or is it just any Any? Italian there's so Many italian spots Like.
Speaker 1: ALFREDO i don't Like, Alfredo alfred red sauce guy age like The. Alfredo she likes the, light like the you know? What how does she likes the chicken with the, lemon with the? Pacada she could kind of Like.
Speaker 2: Picasso i'm kind of a you like.
Speaker 3: World we're learning a lot About, hey, guy what about this? One what's the last book you?
Speaker 2: Read last?
Speaker 1: BOOK i Read thinner on the AIR i was flying back with the. Family thinner is A Stephen king novel and it's about a man who hits a, gypsy, right and he's a fat. Guy he's a lawyer and he's kind of well to do guy in the. Town he's driving and he's getting you a head from his wife and he hits her in the, car, right and she.
Speaker 2: Dies.
Speaker 1: Well the gypsy's, father who is like one hundred and, twelve and the guy's, like how's he one hundred and twelve comes.
Speaker 2: Out of the. Courtroom he gets no jail, sentence.
Speaker 1: Nothing he touches him and says, dinner, right and then he starts to lose weight and he's, like, WOW i feel pretty.
Speaker 2: Good i'm losing. Weight and he keeps losing, weight keeps losing.
Speaker 1: Weight he put a spell on him and he's like literally rale, thin he's gonna. Die Like he's going to everybody that was associated with, it the, judge the lawyer that helped him get out of.
Speaker 2: It they all, died. Right one of them.
Speaker 1: Got like a like leprosy or like lizard or. Something and he goes and he finds the gypsies because they're just wandering.
Speaker 2: Right, Wow so.
Speaker 1: Taking off of, Him, listen he has to feed somebody a pie that the spell is put. Into so he takes the pie and he's going to feed it to his wife because he doesn't like his wife, right because he thinks he's. Cheating she's cheating on him with the. Neighbor but the wife eats it and the. Daughter, SORRY i spoiled it for, everybody.
Speaker 2: All, right SO i gotta follow. Up i'm.
Speaker 4: Amused one final, question what type of dude you?
Speaker 1: Are a?
Speaker 4: Ninko and Then julian's gonna ask to follow. Up, okay let's are you? Ready how do you prepare your?
Speaker 2: Steak? Medium? Medium i'll, say how do you eat your? Steak depends on the.
Speaker 1: Situation if it's at my, house If i'm, Grilling i'll just cut a, piece pull it off with the. Hands it's fine if you're in a nice, setting a restaurant of, business, whenever or.
Speaker 2: Whatever you got to use the.
Speaker 3: Utensils so's he's a described the, fight describe the.
Speaker 2: Situation everything is, situational situational situational. Awareness, Jules bill's still in your. Head everyone's so we, got we got our. Questions let us let us talk for talking, over talking. OVER i think he's, average. Definitely let's just say he really tries to act serious when there's. Cameras one he's not like. This he's not like this when the. Cameras, yeah there's big kind of a. Hater. Definitely, OH i have one more. Question if you had a sleeve of, tattoos do you think you would have got paid? MORE i don't put tattoos on my, body Because i'm just saying if you have you ever hypothetically, speaking if you had a sleeve of, tattoos that would you? Black i'm just, saying would you if you had tattoos of a sleeve any, style would you KNOW i wouldn't got paid. MORE i don't think. SO i don't think.
Speaker 1: SO i think IF i had a sleeve on have been cut and then not brought back BECAUSE i look like WHEN i got injured and THEN i was a long. Snapper how many long snappers have? Sleeves not?
Speaker 2: Many on? Three what is?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 2: One? Two? Three? Dudes, dude. Dude i'm definitely he's a dude's dude because usually the dudes dude has a positive. Attitude think of. It you got to think outside the. Box you just don't know what he's going to bring to the. Table don't know what he's bringing. Table and he's a great person to have in the locker room for everyone to gang up on and make fun of them. TOGETHER i don't, know but so you're a bully and then you're claiming. Bully when you do, that it brings the team, together and that's What rob was a lot of the. Time SO i was bullied by you for.
Speaker 1: The end of the, bullying the end of the, joke there's twenty twenty five a cool thing for yours and.
Speaker 2: That most of the time you brought the locker room. Together so what we're trying to, say, dude you're.
Speaker 1: DUDE i think that if you were bullied by your, friends that means that they really like.
Speaker 2: You and if you're, not he means they. Don't dude bullied and that's what he. Is a negative in.
Speaker 1: Ways but it always turned out to be like eight Mile bro got to flip the script and he is eight.
Speaker 2: Mile we really wanted you to be a, dog but spaghetti on a sweater already just that this guy has one beer? Least are you dropping?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: NO i MEAN i didn't make. That that was. LONG i think that was and that was due to the.
Speaker 1: Week it was to our favorite beer, cores like delivered straight to your.
Speaker 3: Door is it coorslight Dot com slash dudes and celebrate.
Speaker 2: Responsibly do they make these and know? Alcohol, cheers, cheers words for being our second.
Speaker 1: Guest thanks for having me really last to be, HERE i really. Do you guys are, just you, know so good at what you. Do you guys are icons in the podcast. Game and uh AND i can't wait for the next. Event tomorrow is gonna be. Fun the pickleball for the. KIDS N i did a ping pong, event remember that that had your dip juice in A probabiji water AND i downed it BECAUSE i was super hot AND i just, alms almost threw up, instantly but.
Speaker 3: Like like a, CHAMP i took it like a chance the end of a joke most of the. Time and that you, know we.
Speaker 2: Love you for. That thank. YOU i appreciate that this guy could set the. EDGE i feel Like joels for a. Second you can set the, edge, dude you have that. Hit, NO i gotta have a ball. OUT i don't have balls down the. BUBBLE i put them. Up, oh you put them. Up that's why cryes are pretty big.
Speaker 1: Ass, yeah those, dies the big thigh, there those, calves, caves just big.
Speaker 2: Bones so much. Muscle thanks for bowling. More are you calling me fat? Now in twenty we're calling you.
Speaker 3: Like you're so thick that no one could ever get the edge on. You, yeah, okay thanks you set the. Edge swipe down the, Hallway swipe. Swipe he pounds.
Speaker 2: Out you, know do you still swipe? SWIPE i get swiped away from. Page but do you know? Everyone do you swipe? Swipe you swipe Swipe everett once in a.
Speaker 1: While, ever IT'S i need to Get everett dialed in on the. Swipes we got a, Swipe we got a. Swiper this was really. Flying it's a good.
Speaker 3: Time and that's been another episode Of dudes On, Dudes, wrap wrap it.
Speaker 2: Up thank, You i'm Like nikovich for joining us. Today we do it would be a comedy. Special that's share was and subscribe On Apple, Podcasts, Spotify Amazon, music or wherever you listen to your. Podcast come in a dude you want us to do and remember rate and review, prospect.
Speaker 4: Call in and ask us a question on the chill line at five six one two zero, three five seven eight, nine and remember to Follow dudes On dudes On dudes on, YouTube instagram as TikTok And. Snapchat we will see y'all next. Week and once, Again Rob, nikovich thank you very much for coming in and hanging out and being the awesome man that you.
Speaker 1: Are.
Speaker 2: Brother thank. You dudes On dudes is a production Of.
Speaker 3: iHeartRadio for more podcasts from iHeart, radio visit The iHeartRadio App apple, podcast where you get your.
Speaker 2: Podcasts