Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty Armstrong and Jettie and he arms range the drum studio. Ce see signors a dimly lit room deep with them the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. And hey y'all, Today Friday, heading into a summer weekend. We're under the tutelage of our general manager. The World's Funniest Baby. Okay, figure, it's Friday, We'll keep it light, the World's Funniest Baby. Kiss. News has reached me that Eddie Murphy's son has Mary Martin Lawrence's daughter Martin. They should decide to start a family. I believe the child resulting from the union will be the world's funniest baby. It's pronounced Martin, but yes, it will be a very funny child. Now, whether the infant hues toward Eddie Murphy's more intellectual, cynical brand of humor or Martin Lawrence is more mad cap faux idiot style science has yet to determine. Now, Martin Lawrence Sitcom was funny. I loved that show. That was really good. Yes, yes, indeed, funny people see those two kids.
Speaker 2: Luck Uh jeez, look at the list of news items to talk about.
Speaker 1: That's another reason I went with that GM. I just can't.
Speaker 2: The cure Closer to You. That's what I listened to on the way to work today. On Fridays, I listen to music instead of news. For some reason, I like your style and I went with Heartbreak today. So anyway, it sounded good in my car, but I don't know if it be in the proper mood all for the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a hot shower before you jump in a cold pool. It's so good, but it's probably not the right way to go. Uh yeah. There are a couple of cure songs, a lot of classic rock, and I think you have to include new wave stuff in that description. These pictures, did I stay closer to you? Pictures of you? You did? Pictures of You like their biggest hit seven minutes long Drinking, Yes, plenty long enough. There are a number of cure songs I cannot get tired of. Oh that's a good tune. I mean, there are plenty of classic rock songs. If I never hear them again till the day I die. If you told me that, Joe, you will never hear you know, song acts. I would say, Oh, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: So are they a group that has gotten like back together to make the like we go around and play our greatest hits and make a bunch of money things.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they have done that. I'd like to see them and great shows too. Oh I would like to see that. Yeah, AnyWho, and I love Robert Smith. They're bill lipsticked, haggard looking lead singer who famously Michael, if you can find this Cliff when he showed up was the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction and the reporter at chirped, are you as excited as I am? And he looked at her and said, no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Essentially, I will say, as an amateur want to be musician who was attempting to write a song yesterday, any individual or band that can create a sound that is unique, like you hear it and you know who it is immediately. It's amazing with with you know everything that has been tried. If you can come up with a sound as a guitar player, singer, band, whatever, because of you know, all the different elements that is like, oh, well, that's clearly them or another band sounds like you. I mean, that's incredible that you can do that. I mean, that's some real art. I would agree to pull that off in the modern world.
Speaker 1: Yes, Michael, congratulations the Cure Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee twenty nineteen. Are you as excited as I am? But it sounds of but no, oh my god, I almost spin out my coffee colarious more people say need to say that to newscasters. You know, I've got probably the perfect sort of follow up to that kind of attitude that goes with our opening clips. So we should start the show officially. I was just gonna say, that is such an a andng thing to say, right, that is so us.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm gonna do one of my classic against the Tide rants about a feel good story.
Speaker 1: Well those are phrase yesterday, stomping the joy out of life Armstrong and Getty right, I'm about to, So let's start the show officially.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Friday, summer May thirtieth year, twenty twenty five, where I'm strong in getting.
Speaker 1: Approve of this program. Let's get stomping. According to FCC rules and Regulations. The show starts at mark your word is a clar cy small A clar small e C l A I R c I S S M E n T because that is correct? Is this the n spell beat? So uh?
Speaker 2: The yearly script spelling Bee, and every news show in America or show of any kind is opening with that clip. And everyone that I've seen so far, the hosts similar to that woman at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: It's just so happy and giddy about it. Oh that's so sweet and special and blah blah blah, and I every year I say this.
Speaker 2: Watch the documentary spell Bound. It won an Oscar. It was all about this sort of thing. The kids were miserable, the parents were miserable. Many of them go on to have arable lives.
Speaker 1: They wait. They spend their entire summers not playing or having boyfriends or girlfriends, or doing anything or learning something useful or learning anything else that could make you a living. They study spelling like fifteen hours a day. It's like a weird OCD obsession that they either have or forced into. I didn't go with slavery. It's so great. I just don't understand why. That isn't better known. I mean, it's not like just my own cranky opinion. Watch that documentary about it.
Speaker 2: I didn't walk away from that documentary thinking, oh, that's cute. I want my kid to study spelling words eighteen hours a day. Oh the babbling simpleton heard running morons of media. You can't have enough contempt for them. And I always think, you know, neither one of my kids is like this. But if my kid wanted to do that, I really think I would.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't like force them to stop, but I would have a conversation of is sure you want to put all your eggs in the basket of spelling?
Speaker 1: Right? It's just it's a bizarre mutation of what was a lovely idea. Hey, we'll have these little contests because spelling is important, and sure the kids can be proud of how well they do. And here's an incentive for them to learn to spell. Because it's a bit.
Speaker 2: Of a dry pursuit and in school it's words you come across regularly in life that you need to be able to spell.
Speaker 1: To write.
Speaker 2: Makes perfect sense. They turned it into this weird you memorize a bunch of words nobody's ever heard.
Speaker 1: Of from from from the world of Arcania.
Speaker 2: I mean, just nobody's ever going to use or have heard of you memorize these, It's it's a trivia contest, really, yeah, or or just a deep, deep, deep dive into etymology and destruction of rods and rice ands that sort of thing, which is fine as far as it goes. But it reminds me of you know, the guy who sets the world record for bouncing on a pogo stick. He bounced a million times on a pogo stick. No, that's supposed to be a fun to that you get a little exercise. There is absolutely no use.
Speaker 1: There's no purpose in jumping up and down on a pogo stick for twenty seven straight hours. None. It's a mania. It's a mental condition.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, and the kids are cute and everything like that, and good for them and everything. But you know, while again watch the documentary, it's not just my old man cranky opinion. What's the furthest you ever gotten a spelling bee?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I don't know, fairly far, like the school championship or something. I can't remember. I remember doing pretty well. Yeah, i'd easily like I busted my ass to study. No, I just a pretty good spell.
Speaker 2: I definitely did not I would I was usually in the top quarter that would go out or something like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know, Michael about like that top quarter.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, yeah, respectable. There are uh do they still do spelling bees.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if they do. I think of my kids' school, and this sounds very modern. It's uh because everybody had to participate. It wasn't like an option.
Speaker 2: Everybody stood up and did the spelling be But now it's a few people who are into it do it because probably they don't want to make kids who can't spell feel bad, because that's what we do everything.
Speaker 1: We we we you know, we don't want anybody to It's very important exactly and this is going to shock you. Kid's got an Indian name. They won the spot. Yeah, every damn kid I saw on the highlights was a South Asian extraction, every single one.
Speaker 2: And I think every kid featured in the documentary.
Speaker 1: There is Indian American kids compelled to study spelling words all day long. That's what the name of the show autim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm amazed by the various countries India being one of them that their culture is such they come here and they absolutely bust ass and are incredibly successful. I know several adults that way. But the spelling Bee particular of it is odd.
Speaker 1: It is an extension of a cultural norm in which you will work as hard as it takes to be successful and you will not complain, which is unquestionably what is uh you know, propelled so many Indian Americans to great success in this country. I mean, to a certain extent, it's to be admired. I mean clearly Asian American folks do of all of all sorts. Just it's a cultural norm. Well, I think if it, if it gets taken to a ridiculous extreme like this, it's it's not to be admired at all. But you know, at its base it's it's it's good. We remember when COVID hit and businesses were being closed down in this stat made the rounds. I think it came out of the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 2: Various businesses that had money on hand to be able to survive two or three months being shut down, and like Asian and Indian owners had the most money saved up for a rainy day to be able to weather it. Way more than anybody else, which is just smart. Yeah, whether you can smell spell smart in some sort of weird way or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, so uh interesting. One more final note, and it's I don't think it's old man yells at clouds. I think it has more to do with my great philosophy of society. Culture is like a stream or a river with a current, and that current is not determined by what's best for you. It's frequently determined by what will make Mark Zuckerberg the most money. For instance, having you doom scroll endlessly, everybody's doing it around you. You're constantly staring at your phone. You've forgotten what it's like to be alone with your own thoughts. There's no question that that's not good for you, but everybody does it because that is the cultural current. One of the cultural currents that's unmistakable, you know, having lived as long as I have at this point in human history, is the professionalization of childhood pursuits. Yeah, and the spelling bee is a good I mean like baseball. You know, when I was playing baseball in the seventies and eighties, we played because we loved to play baseball, or maybe your dad was a ballplayer and he really wanted you to play, but you weren't very good and you dropped out eventually. But if you really really cared about baseball, you got really good at it because it's fun to win and achieve. And then at the end you're there. You are eighteen years old, somebody says, you know, you're a really really good baseball player, you want to play in college, and be like, yes, yes I would as a matter of fact, as opposed to now, from the time you're six blanking years old, you're on this industrial pipeline, this professionalized you know, production system for producing college baseball players. The cart is in front of the horse, in my opinion, in a lot of ways has to do with fame and force. And I'm a big fan of fortune, don't get me wrong. But again, understand, when you're swimming because you want to swim that way, and when you're being swept up in the current, it can get a little philosophized, it can get a little spelling bsque. I have seen that although there is professional league for baseball, there is not for spelling. There's no Triple A, Single A or professional The big league's the show you made it to the show for the best center fielder in the world. I get it. I get why you killed yourself to get there. A speller in the world. We got head I expect to see you at the end of a bar, drunk and miserable on about twenty years, reminding us constantly that you want the spelling bee. We got headlines, we got clips of the week, we got all kinds of stuff. To stay here.
Speaker 2: A little bit later in the show, the ongoing conversation about AI and how it's either going to be not near as big a deal as some people claim, it's gonna be every bit as big a deal as some people claim, and you should pay attention.
Speaker 1: Well, at least those people with diametrically opposed opinions aren't the guys developing the thing. Oh that's right, they are. We didn't mention the biggest headline of all, but I assume you've heard it already. The tariffs are back on. Yesterday we led with the hair. The tariffs are off. Now it's back. The tariffs are back on.
Speaker 2: Peel's court jumps in temporarily pausing the ruling from the Trade court that found them illegal.
Speaker 1: So here we are. If I was a business person, I don't know what I would do. Oh no, No, it's absolute chaos. Appeals Court just said, now we're not gonna We're not gonna stop them until we fully consider the question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a reversal, it's just a delay, not to disrupt the headlines completely. But I thought it was interesting. Jonathan Turley, you know, who is a Lean's foxy and trumpy and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Law professor.
Speaker 2: He thought the ruling by the Trade Court was absolutely and that the president doesn't have the emergency authority to do those sort of things, and thought that the appeals Court stepping in and staying this is a good idea because it needs to get the full looking at. And he also thinks Congress should jump in and take care of.
Speaker 1: This right now. Sure, I'll make a bet on that if you want to. I have not found a single commentator who I respect, whether trumpy or less so, who has said, no, they got it wrong. The president should be able to do this. Nobody, virtually, nobody thinks that except jd. Vance was making a silly argument. More on that later. And yes, we ought to have better trade relationships around the world. And I hope Trump can accomplish that. This just isn't the way to get there. We're down to two minutes already. Yes, we broke very very late. I blame you, oh Cramp. It was me rambling.
Speaker 2: I was looking at a bunch of different headlines from different sources. I find it very interesting that this ceasefire thing is exactly the same as all the other ceasefires, this one talking about not Ukraine and Russia, but this one being the Hamas and Israel. The US has broken it with the help of Egypt and Katar. Everybody's signed on it to US, US, Egypt, Qatar, Israel. Guess who's not Hamas. They're not happy with it. So there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a big update on Hamas and is Israel. But Hamas is saying no, this doesn't end the conflict. Yeah, We're not gonna end it until we have crushed you, Saith Israel.
Speaker 2: Another court wing in story Trump's administration's ban on international students at Harvard blocked by a federal judge. Have some interesting statistics on judges stepping in and stopping what presidents want to do that might surprise you.
Speaker 1: We can get to later. Speaking of judges, how about the soups the Supreme Court ruling eight to zero that and I'm gonna summarize this very briefly. The whole environmental impact review thing has gotten completely out of control, and that these obscure organizations and boards and stuff are wielding way too much power. Had to do with a effort to build an eighty eight mile railway construction proposal in Utah. They put out a thousands of pages long environmental review. Then some boards said no, you haven't really reviewed it enough. Supreme Court eight zero said, all right, we got to rein this in So a whole bunch of money got paid in tariffs, like tens of billions of dollars. If it turns out it was illegal, what happens to that money? That is an interesting question. Do you get some back? Stay good for that? Armstrong and Getty. I'm looking at the news.
Speaker 2: You know what Russell Brand's got working against him is he looks like a rapist? Oh boy, I don't know that he is. But you know how usually when you go to trial for something, they like clean you up in certain ways to make you look less like the sort of person that would do that.
Speaker 1: Sure, he seems to be going the other direction for some reason. Really. Yeah, he's a strange individual, no doubt. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember, if you're a long time listener at the Armstrong and Getty show, you remember years ago, I think it was because of the Olympics run or something like that, I ran the one hundred meter dash out in the parking lot. I ran a twelve nine hundred meter dash in work boots.
Speaker 1: Completely illegitimate.
Speaker 2: Again anyway, against a college mascot and a cheerleader or something.
Speaker 1: That's correct. That's correct. Yeah, the video still exists somewhere on YouTube. Ridiculous.
Speaker 2: But I just thought of another athletic event I would like to try, which I'll explain after all. Feature you're leaving out the fact that I kicked a thirty five year field.
Speaker 1: Goal, which was really cool. After the forty nine ers missed a really important field goal, JO said I could do that, and he did. We went to a football field. He did. Couldn't anymore, but it was back in the day. Jack. Hey all, it's the Friday tradition. Let's take a fond look back of the week. That was it's cow clips of the week. But in this moment, this morning, mock Strato Frappucino Whips of the Week. Video of President McCool and his wife Regitte pushing his face is going viral. It's a gaugeous peace did lose their stay away loser? It is lit sheep say LIPA power can change the definition of the words we use to describe reality. So you just said I will give a good afternoon. Really it's the afternoon. I identify as it always being the morning. What you're talking about, Yeah, get dressed.
Speaker 4: We're going to kill kid Cuddy Clarkord called combstailing her, but the rapper wasn't home at the time.
Speaker 1: And prosecutor say that John Wells proceeded to essentially torture him, demanding that he give up his bigcoin password. I'm not gonna lay down. I'm not get in the baid. I just want to call it, tell you good night. Mostly during why are you a good squirrel? Squirrel? Where squirrel elon musk rule as a special government employee coming to an end. I think it both can be can be can be big, or it can be beautiful, But I don't know if it could be both. Republicans on the House Oversight Committee are ready in subpoenas. We want to ask them, who gave you the authority to use Joe Biden's signature. We never got somebody that said we should never have done this. I can't believe we did it. Yeah, there's gradations of honesty.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It looks as though the war in Gaza is raging on a level that we haven't seen. Present posting on truth Social that he may take quote three billion dollars of grant money away from fairy anti Semitic Harvard.
Speaker 4: The staggering setback for President Trump's aggressive trade agenda. The White House rebuking the court, saying it is not for unelected judges to decide how to properly address a national emergency.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what the hell happened to Putin. I've known him a long time, and something happened to this guy, and I don't like it. I don't think Putin has changed. I don't know what the President's talking about. Negitive rites. I only know of one really bad thing, World War three. I think this four is about to get a lot dirtier. Is it better to shower in the morning or at night? According to science? Tell you what, there's a fire burglary. I throw my shoes on, which are right next to the bed, next to my gun, my eyeglasses, and I'm ready to go. Some nights I sleep in a tracksuit and I think, you know, there could be action tonight.
Speaker 2: A couple of things I'm reminded of from the clips of the week. One, Scott Pelley is the most pompous human being on planet Earth.
Speaker 1: Yes, and pompousness to actual wisdom ratio is off the chart because he is a jackass.
Speaker 2: Also, that story about the crypto guy being tortured for two weeks by another already insanely rich crypto guy. Two NYPD police officers being questioned in that that were.
Speaker 1: Involved in driving the guy.
Speaker 2: One of them drove the guy to the house, and another guy stood watch. It's not known yet whether they had any idea what they were doing. But you got people with one hundred million dollars, they can throw around a lot of cash.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. You hit most people with a seven figure offer, and many of their I would never fall away. Oh yeah, a million dollars not not impossible. There's a list of things I wouldn't do for say, five million dollars. But it's short. Would I participate in the torture of a crypto executive? Probably not. I'd like to get to know him. Maybe he's a bad gush most certainly not. I'm sorry. Did you say seven million?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Uh, ature's large sums of money. Interesting tariff thing for you.
Speaker 2: But the sporting event that I think I would like to do so Donald Trump is threatening to pull federal funding out of California's schools because of this transgender this boy who won the triple jump in the girls' high school meet, and the long jump, and I think maybe one other event I would like to try the well done, sir by the way, well done. I would like to go out in the parking lot try to do the triple jump and see if I could do better than the last place high school girl.
Speaker 1: I love that idea. Wow, it'd be a good video. Wow, you're gonna do it in work boots again.
Speaker 2: We got into a conversation about it yesterday. Some people said, it's left left right or right right left, You do the same foot twice and then off the other one. But anyway, we don't want to get hung up on that. So the tariff situation. Did you know this I'll bet you did not. If it is deemed that Trump's tariffs were illegal, he didn't have the authority to do it, which was true for like twenty four hours before this other court came in and stated it.
Speaker 1: It'll probably end up being true again.
Speaker 2: If that ends up being the case that the tariffs were illegal, then those corporations did not have to pay them and they get that money back.
Speaker 1: Well, but each of those corporations either fully passed that along to their customers, passed along half of it to their customers, ate all of it, and didn't pass any of it on to the customers, and everywhere in between. And so if you bought a computer that was fifteen percent more expensive, do you get that money back? Does the company get to keep the money that they get back to they get send you a discount? How would you have any idea how much you paid in tariff? Boy, that's unspeakably tens of billions of dollars. It's not a minor amount of money. I forget what the total is, but it is tens of billions of dollars over a very short period of time. Yeah, yeah, wow, I just that's dizzy. Nobody, nobody has any idea how to unwind this. Yeah, it absolutely is true that the companies that paid the tariffs get the money back.
Speaker 2: And that makes sense. I mean it was it was against the law. If the courts decide that that the president didn't have the right to do that, didn't have the power to do that, great, but they didn't necessarily incur the cost in the end, as you're right poinding out right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some did, some didn't, some have did. Right.
Speaker 2: That will be a mess and I don't know if there'll be lawsuits like crazy or what.
Speaker 1: Well, and can you imagine all of the the auditing that would need to be done if Joe's Imports, Joe Getty's Imports said yeah, yeah, we eight ninety percent of the tariffs and passed on ten percent to our distributors. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. Who's going to come in and investigate that you you actually only ate sixty percent of the cost percent to your customers, thirty percent to your distributors on a case by case basis.
Speaker 2: Place maybe on an item by item basis, maybe on computers. They you know, for whatever how elastic or inelastic the product is, they put more of the tar iff they passed along with the customer on other items they didn't.
Speaker 1: How about you do that and I go count the grains of sand at Daytona Beach and we see who finishes first. Although if I'm owed four hundred bucks on my MacBook, I would like it back. Good luck. You're going to be one hundred and sixty by the time they unravel it. I need somebody to look up the last place high school girls triple jump distance, and I will go out and see if I can do it in the parking lot. Maybe you're a crypto zillionaire and you don't want people showing up to chainsaw you or burn you or dangle you over a staircase or whatever. You got to protect yourself, your family, and your stuff. And that's why I simply save home security is what millions of Americans are looking to for their peace of mind. Technically advanced so much better than old style systems, there's no comparison. AI powered cameras would notice a guy lurking around with a taser in a couple of buckets of water, and they could alert professionals immediately so that they did not you know, come in and try to get your crypto password, and they can yell at the guy, they can call the cops. They can turn on your spotlights all before they smash in your window or your door. It's unbelievable technology. No long term contracts or cancelation fees. Now, this sort of monitoring is very expensive. Ah Foolia actually starts affordably at around a bucket day. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: And the fact that it's about a dollar a day and they're no long term contracts. That means simply Safe believes in their product.
Speaker 1: Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. You get fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan, gets your first month free. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Use our code. Please, there's no safe like simply Save.
Speaker 2: One headline I didn't get to in headlines that I wanted to get on is this. You remember President Macrone and gets shoved around by his old lady wife right in the face in public and but you just had enough of his crap. Anyway, He said today that division between the two superpowers, the United States and China is the main risk currently confronting the world. That's interesting. I think he's right, but yeah, absolutely right. I'm glad he recognized that. I wish more people recognize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's another headline that the Trump administration has made new moves to decouple from China. What a weird frenemy relationship. This is so we tendency and enmittee.
Speaker 2: So we are going to get to We got a great California's crumbling that you should be interested in wherever you live. About the people that want to push the New Green Deal on you and get away.
Speaker 1: From fossil fuels. It's unbelievable. Wait, Lee Hall, it will cost you as financial ruin and make the environment worse, which is amazing. Mail bag, Freedom loving Quota to the day coming up, stay with.
Speaker 3: Us on this five year anniversary of George Floyd and then the riots to follow.
Speaker 1: I'd forgotten about all the monuments that got torn down. I got a list of those. Maybe we'll get those later. Oh man, that just soured my mood right there, even bringing that up. Now the mood sour. Yes you are. Here's your freedom loving quota today. Whoop Thomas Jefferson. This is so good and could yield hours of discussion. Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. That's pretty good, now that there's more to it. Okay, but I'm going to repeat that part. Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add within the limits of the law, because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. God. I can think of many examples. Yeah, yeah, The question becomes, can you run a society if everyone has an individual standard for deciding? Which is which I would argue mostly yes. I would rather attend to the troubles of too much liberty than too little too again paraphrase TJ himself. Love that I'm going to spend a lot of time a lot of your safety laws that it harms no one if I am taking this risk for myself, are right ridiculous? Under that standard, you wanting to ride your motorcycle without a helmet is an action according to your will that does nothing to the equal rights of others except within a socialist system, right, which is the great insidious, slippery slope of socialism. Right, If I have to pay for your stupidity. I therefore can interfere with it whenever I want my perception of your stupidity. Yeah, anyway, again, we could go on for hours about that, and perhaps we will, although although smoking costs US eight million times more than.
Speaker 2: The motorcycle crashes ever could and we don't outlaws smoking.
Speaker 1: What are you looking for like logic and consistency, you fool? Drop us note mail bag and armstrong you getty dot com. It's hot in cal Unicornia where the radio show is based, and Mikey Luke Craig's Boys triple digits triple digit My god, here's your triple digits pro tip. Drink plenty of warm milk to stay hydrated and stare directly at the sun for as long as you can. Just a friendly reminder it's been a whole seven months since the last time it was really hot. Thank you, Mikey Luke.
Speaker 2: I got to post that picture on our Twitter later today, me with.
Speaker 1: A glass of milk staring at the sun. Use AI to create it back job Brandon Wright's guys, Regarding your recent conversation about scientific research and published papers, you should read the book Science Fictions by Stuart Ritchie. He goes into great detail about the current miserable state of research papers from the replication crisis to that being. They publish a study and announce that it's a great breakthrough. Then five other labs try to replicate the study and say we're getting completely different data. Anyway, to outright fraud from researchers. It's very well researched and incredibly shocking. Again, that title is Science Fictions by Richie. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a lot of the Trump yank and money from universities and their ability to do research.
Speaker 1: I get how that's not good, but a tremendous amount of research is worthless, a tremendous amount well, right, And they go immediately to no cancer cures now right, no helping prematurely born babies. Okay, let's keep those two things, keep going, keep going with the list. When we get down to dog park rights of masculine abuse, white supremacy culture studies, yeah yeah, I'm thinking no, let's see moving long erin with a great note. It just struck me the ceremonial virtue signaling that's become vogue among leftist institutions. They don't even notice how much of a self own it is before we start, I want to say that we are on stolen land. The fact that we are standing here is an atrocity occurring in real time. Anyway, here's today's agenda. You're right erin you're right to announce. This is a horror, moral horror which history mass als remember now new business right. I was in San Francisco last week doing some shopping and I looked up a shoe store I wanted to go to and on their website because I just look for the hours. On their website.
Speaker 2: At the top where it said the name of the shoe store, it says planted on the land once owned by the and then three tribes, I thought, you've got to be freaking kidding. You are dry shaving of shoe stores. Oh, you self important dope.
Speaker 1: See crap? Wow, Oh Aaron, I'm sorry, he said, I was supposed to say all of the above and up speak before we start. I want to say, or I'm stolen land. Yeah, my bead.
Speaker 2: And you don't think those tribes took it from someone else that had.
Speaker 1: It before you? You really believe that? Okay? Right right? How about them they're sitting here thinking, wait a minute, the mohawks we had that land. They killed our babies, they slaughtered our people, they enslaved our women. We had a declaration of that that land for sixty years. I know because I fought the Walkupoocies to get it right. It's killed the hell out of them too. Damn wakapoochies. Uh. Writer Jim the Writer in Corona, longtime friend of the Armstrong and Getty shows. But Jack askewhy it took so long for the Court of International Trade to block Trump's tariffs. The court couldn't rule until a plaintiff brought suit, and he lists the five plaintiffs. They were represented by the Liberty Justice Center, a nonpartisan but libertarian, conservative leading legal organization based in Austin, dahag.
Speaker 2: Why I understand that? I mean, I actually do understand it. At the same time, I dullared wise. Just wonder on a lot of these things, why we just can't jump to the end. Gay marriage, Do we have to have a plaintiff? Do we have to go through the whole thing?
Speaker 1: Just jump to the Supreme Court and rule on whether we can have gay marriage or not? As the on sanctuary cities and states, same on the president with tariffs. Do we need a plaintiff. Do we need to go through just get to the Supreme Court and decide was a plaintiff? Then what would you decide because there will be exactly Yeah, I understand why we can't do that, but I totally get your point. And then Jim signs off and he goes into some details, some of why it was a good ruling and some of the arguments, and then he gets to the important part of the note. You and Jack are the best thing ever on radio podcasts. Take all the vacations you can, but don't ever retire. You know, if I can make that bargain, I won't retire. We're we're almost out of time. The vacations you can include fifty two vacations. Then I say, you've you've fifty two vacations, you're working the system. Well, that would be dishonorable. I wouldn't do that, although I will consider it. We got some good stuff for hour two.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that the back and forth over AI really heated up this week for some reason. It's either going to doom us all or it's nothing to worry about. If you missed that segment, get the podcast. Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Plan, accordingly Armstrong and Getty