Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment. Please, I'm the Rick Butchers Show with Speedy Gregg Butchers, Eddie Van Adler and Rick Buches.
Speaker 2: America. Are you ready? And here they come from the tax Nation. And let me tell you something. They're coming here from all over.
Speaker 3: I see you.
Speaker 2: Middle Tennessee is ready, North Carolina is ready. Louisville, Kentucky's ready for the Kentucky derby Line. They're ready for the show today. Milton, Florida is ready. Laurel, Mississippi is ready. Let's go, Pennsylvania ready, Detroit, Rock City is ready.
Speaker 4: Look you there, and.
Speaker 2: They're coming in for all from all over America is ready. I see you Mountainville, I see you Lakeview, I see you, Valley Cups in Alexandria, Alabama. Coleman Alabama, startvill Mississippi, Sanks to Missouri.
Speaker 3: We see you from.
Speaker 2: Well. They are coming in from all over. As you heard, the gang is all here, Speedy Greg Adler and we are ready for another Rick Burgess show. And boy do we have a lot going on today. Fellas testing one two? Are you two? I'm ready, ready and ready.
Speaker 5: Greg has the mic pushed away, doesn't even care less.
Speaker 2: You're not even ready. I'm ready. You gotta be ready, baby, brother, you've.
Speaker 5: Had get ready, you've already had a fredd You're ready.
Speaker 2: My goodness, Greg, I'm looking up there and it says Jackson Alabama's ready. I wish I have my glasses on. Like I say it, You didn't, You didn't leave it. I mean, they're ready. It's just alive.
Speaker 4: So, uh see, did you say that Greg, could care less? Just now? Could not care You said could care less?
Speaker 3: Go back.
Speaker 5: I'll go back, go back, Medy, you know better than go back, just go back. So I didn't say it the way I did. I didn't say couldn't, but I did not. I didn't say could right. You wish you that was smoother. I wish I was smoother recapping it too. Yeah, but I did not say could.
Speaker 2: Let it lay?
Speaker 5: Put your glasses on, Get another fritter, take a sip.
Speaker 2: Good night boy. He jumped on that free.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, he's he's dealing with you. Get going with all of your quags to be you.
Speaker 2: Can't throw away from. I walked in at her before you got here, and I said, right, guys, some of the food in here, we got more food coming in today. Likely. I mean there's you don't have to, but the vox scene. The vox seats are filling up again today. And I said that, you know, I'm taking old food out now, anybody want anything, He'll throw stuff away. And all of a sudden, Greg just pops us it. Let me go there and check on that fritter. And that next thing I knew it was in the microwave, and he was. He was walking around with his rick Berg just show coffee cup and he had his fritter. Yeah, and he was holding court. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I want you to know I didn't touch one of them fritters. I'll let you have should you being a friend, but I do want.
Speaker 2: You to miss out on the joy of the fritter. Thank you, Greg. And you missed out on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did say doesn't care less. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: But what you said, you.
Speaker 5: Said does Yeah, I said that's what I said.
Speaker 4: Okay, here it is, here's the replay, ready.
Speaker 5: Greg has the mic pushed away. Doesn't even care less, You're not even I don't know what that means. Wow, I do not know what that just.
Speaker 4: Making sure you did not say he could care less?
Speaker 6: Right, Thank you?
Speaker 5: Thank you, he made up a completely different Careless he that, yeah, take a sip.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what to do with that.
Speaker 5: So I know, I just want grade to get in a better mood. But we're two minutes into the Joe then get then get going, because you doesn't even care Less.
Speaker 4: That's true. We're sick of it.
Speaker 5: We're sick of it, sick of it, and I want you ton't care what I won't happy baby less, I would not I would not care.
Speaker 2: Did not last. But than that, Sam and now so later in the program, his first first visit to the Rick Burgess Show, and that is what's eating Scott Grooski?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: I mean you know when when Garowski was like, look, I want part of what we're doing now. I love being part of what we did in the past. I have to be part of the new thing. So what's eating Scott Garowski? I've got a funny Hey Birds that goes with that today. But Scott Garowski will be with us and we'll find out what is eating him. Gene Hallman will be stopping by. People are coming from all over the world for the indie series. The Alabama Indie five hundred is coming up this weekend at beautiful Barber Motorsports Park. Welcome all of you that may be in our beautiful state. So if you want to know what's going on this weekend, or maybe you're thinking I might still go, Halman will let us know what is going on a little bit later on in the program. So we did mention box seats are coming in. That means another Burgess ball battle today, so that'll be taking place. In the last battle we had on Tuesday, it was a bit awkward because the person who lost, I think really wanted to win. Yeah, really really wanted to win. And then after they lost, it's probably the person that's saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the winter the winter, the winner won five hundred bucks, so that made it the worse. He would have spun that. That doesn't mean he would have spun it, but it just adds insult. This is what's wrong with us. So we could tell her try to listen. We could tell that the young man was upset about the loss, and then he goes the second level upset when the winner gets five hundred dollars. But in nowhere didn't ay of us even remotely consider let's just not have him spend as the loser to see what he wouldn't know. But that's the rule. But it's the rule. And we did, you know, toughing up America. And then Adler came in and saved it like doctor Phil and tried to give him a speech about I'm not sure what it was about. I heard it. I don't even He got hung up in a loop and can't get out. Hey, man, you know it happens when you do sometime when you compete and you it doesn't you know.
Speaker 7: That was when I got sick of hearing myself talk. I just trailed off and the whole room watched it happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was in front of everybody. Everybody but one person didn't hear it.
Speaker 4: Your elbowing Gray, just having a blast. Yeah, watching it happen like.
Speaker 2: In the kid's face is just stone. It got worse every time somebody tried it. He didn't care about until I produced the Amazon fifty dollars card. That's that turned it a little bit.
Speaker 4: That's the first time you said that publicly.
Speaker 2: I think I'm sorry. I was nice to you well in little consolation price, and I can't do that every time. I just happened to have it was nice gift that was given to me and I passed it on. Yeah, so and it and look, I had to do something the poor kid, and Adler only made it worse. I mean, you know what was Ada was like that person you cut yourself and you're concerned about bacteria and he makes sure it gets infected. Yeah, exactly what was that? What was your thought instead of maybe pulling him to the side.
Speaker 7: I know what it's like, torn down all the time. So I was trying to build him up because I know that would be torn down.
Speaker 2: Because man, it's okay because I mean, and.
Speaker 4: It's winning, it's win and learn it's not winning because.
Speaker 3: You had fun.
Speaker 2: You were here and you got to do it, you know, and a lot of people want to be in the seats, and you were here and you wanted to fire. You were your mom and dad. A lot of people don't have mom and dad, right, you know you're doing something like that.
Speaker 4: They don't have maps, right, and they love you.
Speaker 2: But I think the I think the best statement, listen, the best statement, and this is my favorite statement on these socially awkward moments is when we identified and I think we were the only people who ever identified it and it happened there. It's one thing for the people listening to give up on your monologue. It's even better when the person given the monologue gives up on this. Yeah, I can't get my way out of here. I am now giving up on what I'm saying. And then you don't know what to do because you still put out sound. But it doesn't make any sense now because you're just kind. Now you're just kind of trailing off. He was in that voice like I'm dropping some wisdom.
Speaker 4: I was my wisdom voice. You won't even have that. I don't even have a wisdom.
Speaker 2: Boy, you were in the wisdom voice. It sounds like it's a little different than most people's, but you got no like.
Speaker 5: You know man, you know man, I'm a girl, Man, I know her.
Speaker 2: Look, things I've had to work through, but you can do it. Let's called the key chain. Once I learned from.
Speaker 4: It, I wouldn't bring that up for no reason.
Speaker 2: For no reason, I learned my lessons. I don't steal anymore, just wit and learn, not Greg. It's one of those things where the heart was in the right place. He just had no no, no material to go with it. Right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right. I want to talk about this this really cool new sponsor, Harvest Host. A lot of you that that r V out there. I mean, you're thinking Harvest host is a game changer. Uh, And I'll tell you why. I mean, because when when you think about harvest Host and you're someone who owns a rentse and RV. With Harvest Host membership, you're gonna get unlimited now. Hear me this, hear me on this unlimited, no fee overnight RV stays at nine d five hundred locations across the US and Canada. I know you're thinking, we're Rick. How much is the membership? No big deal? Seventy nine dollars a year and book your favorite destinations and enjoy unique RV stays all year long. Forget parking your RV at a boring rest area. Harvest Hosts lets you stop overnight at amazing locations like orchards, museums, farms, golf courses, drive in movie theaters, wineries. Add adventure to your travels, all while discovering new destinations and supporting unique businesses all across the country. Again, seventy nine dollars. Listen to this. Go dot harvest Hoost with an nest harvest hoost dot com use the code RICKB rickb twenty percent off a harvest Host membership. Okay, once again, that's harvest Hoost plural dot com twenty percent off. Make sure you use the promo code RICKB and take your RV life to a whole new level by being a member with harvest Host.
Speaker 1: God fearing and America loving the Rick Burgess Shows.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what? Uh? When I look up on the text Nation and I see Eglin Air Force Base is ready? You think that doesn't fire me up to know those horses are listening to the shaw Let's go so uh A lot to do on the program. I do want, I do want to run this by you. And look, I've lived this. I understand that I'm in I'm in touch, as Smokey Robinson said, And I second that emotion. I understand about yo yo diving.
Speaker 8: Yo yo.
Speaker 2: Hey birds, you lost a little way, Yes I did. And and sometimes when I would say that, I knew that I was going to put it back on, hey birtens awhile, well you see it gave up on that weight loss thing, Yes I did. I did put it, and for some reason, I put even more weight on this time. So. Uh so, by the way, not good for you and not not a good thing increases your chance of stroke, heart failure, the sugar tattoo diabetes. So uh, there's there's And I know the shots are doing great things. I hope that those continue to do well. And you know, there's no real bad side effects. And but you know, you may be like me, I don't. I don't. I don't think that's the way I'm going to go. Uh. You have things that control your appetite, you know, diet pills better known as speed. Uh. You know those those can be problematic, you know. So what about something that is all natural that helps you well? That that's Takelean dot com.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is from our friends at brick House Nutrition that brought us the wonderful product field of greens. Uh. They now have a product called Lean L E A N. It's a weight loss supplement.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Emails are coming in Lorie set. I've struggled to get the weight off, and Lean has made what I consider to be a life changing effect on my life. I've been losing a couple of pounds a week and I couldn't be more thrilled. Here's one from Kelly. Thank you guys for an amazing product. I immediately noticed an energy boost, a healthy weight loss that makes me, you know, I feel happy again because I have confidence in myself. I hope others will find this product and it just goes on and on. So here here here's how it works. This is highly researched, it's all natural. It's going to help you crave your appetite if appetite is an issue. It's going to give you that clean energy you heard one of our emailers talk about. And it's also going to get your sugar where it's supposed to be and kind of help you, you know, ward off type two diabetes. So if you'd like to find out more about the product, go to take Lian dot com. Take Lien dot com, use our code big Vox and get twenty percent off. There's also a link at Rickburgess Show dot com under the sponsors. Okay, so there's a number of things to discuss on the program today. We mentioned that what's ending, Scott Garowski will be back. We mentioned that vox seats will be coming up. Later on, We'll have another Burgess Ball battle. We also know and I know, Adam, you're probably still gathering videos and all this, but you know, watching before the show started and listening to some of the out of out of Sweet Home, Alabama, Trump going to the University of Alabama commenced, boy and good stuff and speaking, and then somebody showed a minute ago what I was concerned about. I was watching local news here on one of our TVs because we do the show from Alabama, and watching the counter protests. Did you catch this bunch. That's a pretty bunch, ain't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And see the counter does.
Speaker 5: Everybody look that way?
Speaker 2: Everybody not not a large crowd as you can imagine out a healthy looking crowd. Either. If you go to Alabama and you're gonna have a counter Trump rally, you're you're gonna it's gonna be an uphill climb. Speaking of climbing, putting up an impeached Trump sign on on a playground, I think it's a playground like climbing course.
Speaker 4: That's a really nice one way. Yeah, I gotta take ruby there. These people signs is funny. Look, you know it's bad when an Auburn woman is here to defend the University of Alabama.
Speaker 2: That's the best sign I saw. The other signs I saw were not clever. And just because you put something on the sign does not make it so. No, no, not at all.
Speaker 7: Are we great yet? Because I just feel embarrassed. Well, now you know how we feel felt during Biden. He was embarrassing us every single.
Speaker 4: Speak.
Speaker 2: I flipped the switch with that, right the end of the large not a large crowd.
Speaker 4: You know, not a young crowd. Not a young crowd.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Well, and like I saw one sign that said no Nazis, no kings, Okay, well we all agree on that. I'm not sure they don't see any no no. And then the one I think might have been my favorite is someone that says they're protecting free speech. Right, well, guys with the upside down Papa Rocks.
Speaker 4: With the upside down flag? Is that I don't know if that's.
Speaker 2: Why does everybody look that way?
Speaker 4: Love Trump's hate?
Speaker 5: Get out and get some sun and get some d three.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, that lady's sign was graphic.
Speaker 2: My goodness, Yes, yes it was. And honestly, I don't think she has to be concerned about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about that. That's not helpful.
Speaker 4: I've never seen I've never seen that with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, I haven't either.
Speaker 5: That was interesting, it is It was a good it was a funny story. Well, coach Saban, how he brought President Trump out, talked about going to the Oval Office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was funny. That wasn't you know?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: And I wonder you know the thing about Saban to me, Saban has always been able to pretty much get away with anything in Alabama. He can you I really think that that Saban can do no wrong. And uh, and so, but he'll catch some heat for for being there and actually being nice about the president. But but but I don't know why. He simply spoke from the point of view of being a coach of a national championship team that went to the White House and talked about it was I don't care who you are and I and I honestly, Uh, there's been presidents that I obviously didn't agree with. But if you get a sitting president to come to your commencement and and be a speaker while you're a graduate, that's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 6: Deal, huge deal.
Speaker 4: There's Saban shaking his hand. How dare he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Could he do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but I look, I mean, but coach saving it he he he has uh, he doesn't really pay attention to the haters.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm gonna tell you, if you coach at the University of Alabama a row tag you dabbling with the Republicans does not get you near as much trouble, near as much trouble if you start dabbling with the Democrats. Yeah, I mean, the flat he'll get for Trump will be minuscule right right where he gets in troubles if he does something that the Trumpers deemed to be against Trump. Yeah, that's when he'd be in trouble. Right As far as being in Alabama, yeah, yeah, Now if you're in Connecticut, you know, then you got problems.
Speaker 5: But and and the left is going to have to come up with an agenda and some ideas. Your your stance can't just be we're against everything Trump does.
Speaker 2: You actually have to come up with ideas of your own. He wanted you waste breath on that.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, I know that's all they got. It's just that's it, right. Well yeah, okay, well what about some ideas? What are you all going to run on? Well, we're against him.
Speaker 2: We hated Okay, anything he's for where? Okay?
Speaker 5: Right, so you don't have any fresh ideas? And no we're against him?
Speaker 2: Well he does. How about we did that, but we did see their fresh ideas. Yeah, we didn't like it when when they controlled the White House and it wasn't I didn't enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Hey, get this, no border, What do you think? I don't like that?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking unvetter border, who's in?
Speaker 4: What do you think unlimited government spending and funding for wars needlessly?
Speaker 2: What do you think about that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: How does Trump feel about it? Now? I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: That's not a dance.
Speaker 2: I'm for biological man being in dressing rooms and bathrooms and winning all sports.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Uh? And what do y'all think about that?
Speaker 4: We don't like it?
Speaker 2: No? So yeah, so we'll we'll we'll play some We got some excerpts from that. We'll play a little bit later on. But it was, yeah, you're not gonna speak at the University of Alabama not say roll tide.
Speaker 4: Did he say it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You know how if you don't say that, you said, well, okay, good, good winners, win saving Trump. You just got a room full of winners.
Speaker 2: No, when when when you're there, you got to know, you got to know what audience you're talking to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did actually talk about the fact that at Alabama they know they have a winning tradition, you know, how to win.
Speaker 4: He give it to him. They do, Yeah, they do that, they do.
Speaker 2: At the bottom of the hour, we'll be back. We've got a lot to do going forward on the program. You got some of your phone calls coming up to as the Rick Burgess Show continues right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. We talked to the public every day and trust us, you should be gravely concerned the Burgess.
Speaker 2: It's wacky out there, folks. Thank you for being with us for another Rick Burgess Show today. A lot still to come on the program. We will have a Burgess fall battle coming up a little bit later on box seats to be filling up today. What's Eating Scott Garowski will happen today and we'll also talk to Gene Hollman. For those of you it may be coming to the Children's of Alabama Indie Grand Prix at Barber Motorsports Park this weekend. We'll get the latest from Homan coming up a little bit later on on today's program. So come on, look at this update. You remember that horrible story that we did yesterday about the Pirates baseball fan fell out, fell out of the upper deck on these onto the field. I mean, if you've never guys, if you haven't seen the footage, will tell you it's very troubling. Do you remember, like on comedy shows or whatever, where they would pretend that somebody fell out of a off a building or fell from a high place and it was obviously a dummy, and the way the dummy flyled around it. Remember Benny Hill, Benny Hill?
Speaker 4: Was it looked like that.
Speaker 2: It looked like a dummy falling out of it. You're showing it again, Greg, don't even look if he would have landed. God, guys, why does that? It's like he on purpose, like he jumped. Look how he makes no sense? Looks how you look? How you say he gets up and over? I mean those are rails. If you notice, I can't watch again, Okay, I swear, guys, looks like he's diving on No, it really does.
Speaker 5: You know it's bad when both teams, trainers and all the ms there at the stadium come running out.
Speaker 4: Yeah good, No, Well there was that person that said, I was right next to him.
Speaker 7: I was five rows back. He was drunk. He took his shirt off and poured his beer on himself. Wow, like the inning before. And he was there with his girlfriend, a friend and another girl. He didn't do it on purpose. He just jumped up so fast and then he was drunk and his balance put him over the bar and he fell.
Speaker 9: Dang.
Speaker 2: He must have been excited about what was going on. We have the updates. We now know that this person was twenty years old, right, like we're talking about. He is in critical condition. Yeah, as you said, Adler, it is being treated as accidental in nature. So say he was a former athlete, did he did? He played a little ball? Yeah? Football player? Yeah, and so he he fell, as we know, they keep using twenty one feet, but guys, if the if the if the fence is twenty one feet, he's above that. I think you've got to add at least ten more feet if not, if not fifteen. Yeah, but because he at the you know they said that, uh, he was an outstanding athlete. As Speedy said, the name is is Cavin k A v A N. Cavin mark Wood. Yeah, and so and in critical condition. They're they're not really telling us, you know, the details of the injuries. They're just saying he was taken to a trauma center, as you can imagine. And Pittsburgh says they are deeply adding the club, the owner, uh has has already put out a statement truly heartbroken, terrible accident, asking for people to pray for the man. So so who knows. I mean, this is that's a tough situation right there. And I hope that he I hope that he survives, but it's not good.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, anytime, anytime this happens, it brings up the other instances in which this has happened, and it's this isn't the only time. I forgot when in Atlanta, like last year something that a guy was holding his kid and he went for a ball and he was with his kid, I should say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hamilton tried to throw a ball up to a guy with his son, watched his dad crash and killed him. Yeah, exact yes, and he was trying to throw him the ball. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And do we all remember the guy that the ball was think it was about to land in the tunnel or something. He literally jumped trying to catch it into the tunnel. I think he was. It ended up being okay, but he literally jumped trying to.
Speaker 2: Get the ball. It's not that important. No, it's not, it's not all.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. I was trying to figure out where it happened in Atlanta. But did y'all know that in twenty eighteen a dude was installing an invention for a faster beer poor and he was inside the beer cooler and he was he got trapped, unable to escape. Where in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Oh, at the stadium, at.
Speaker 4: The stadium, you know, Atlanta Braves Ballpark.
Speaker 2: He died by beer cooler.
Speaker 4: He was trying to get.
Speaker 2: A fast stuck in the beer. He worked there.
Speaker 7: He was installing a beer pouring invention. The family says.
Speaker 2: He invented itself. Alri's Beer. Drinkers all over America called him a hero. Yeah, right, died what he loved. He was trying to make a difference. Uh, Kentucky derby this weekend, now, speedy, you're telling me that them pulling this off this weekend is almost miraculous because of the flooding that we've had in Louisville in the area. Every year this comes up, Guys, we always start this talk that we wish we could go to a Kentucky every Kentucky derby, every time, every time, and I've never dress that weird. Yeah. Now I have been there to the track, but I've never been to the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 5: And I just I'll tell you to all of those that have emailed us, we have affiliates in that area as well that they'll host us. It's not on you, it's it's on us. And just here we go with our annual I wish we would go. Yeah, talk, but the the twenty horse field Rick the number one favorite, and I love the names. We've talked about horse names. Uh journalism. Uh four to one odds.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's the name of that horse man, if that is the name of that horse is journalism, we must have shot it. You must have a broken leg. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But you know, we've heard from people in that area about the the historic flooding and everything that happened at the awful weather and they said that for a while they thought that this weekend might be in jeopardy, but that they've come together, spent millions of dollars getting it ready, and they are going to have a race. Weekend the first running, Greg just show you have your information updated. Rodriguez at nine to one has scratched. Oh well, let me mark him on.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's get that out of there.
Speaker 5: Let's see, let's just look at a chunk of gold is in the field. I'm just looking at Yeah, I'm looking at names here, Chunky. Do you ever wonder those of you in Florida? Like one of the horses, he's nineteen to one admired Daytona. Yeah, that is kind of neat. And look at that rendered judgments twelve to one. You know, I kind of like it's seventeen to one citizen bull Citizens.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, look at here, Rick American promise. Yeah, twelve to one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't even pronounce the fifty to one and the sixty one to one flying Mohawk, and you know they don't go by those names flying mohawk. I'm like, yeah, that's a that's a good one. Thirty nine to one though, do like that? What about Owen Almighty? That that horse is a little full of themself? What things like East Avenue? Let's the story behind that one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder what tis tastic means.
Speaker 2: You know, I haven't really been keeping up with horse racing. And I see Sandman there at five to one? Is that is that that must be a good horse. Yeah. Yeah, gets everybody else to sleep. Okay, So so anyway is this weekend Speedy and the great thing about us going to the Kentucky Derby, but I guess we're never going to do it, is you'd get to wear a cool hat. I know that would be kind of neat. Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, yes, I mean we how many years we'll go back to the sports Ares Greg, we claim we were going to doing a show there.
Speaker 2: They would send us to that part where they're running on top of the Portlands. Well, as Speedy said, this is what's so disgusting. Yeah, there's two things in my life that that people have opened the door for and I won't walk through the door. Right. I have had multiple opportunities to go to Lombardi, uh, to to lambeau Field, to see Green Bay with Bart Starr's son, So I think we probably have pretty good seats. Yeah, multiple opportunities to get dropping stuff, multiple opportunities, and I never went. And now I think that door may have closed the Kentucky Derby. As Speedy said, we have an affiliate that says, we will make this happen. We will host you, we will host you, we will make this happen. And and we haven't gone to me. It seems like a lot going on for just a few minutes. It's a short event, the greatest two minutes in sports. That's the greatest, and two minutes in all of sports. A bit of a bit of us that would bother you again. But don't you see like don't they have like other races that happened throughout the day. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it leads up to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm I'm seeing here is rendered judgment? Is that in the Toby Keith family, his horse.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. I remember mc hammer had one. You remember that, No he didn't floor that's his name.
Speaker 4: Horse gets beer Beer for horses.
Speaker 2: Okay, whiskip for the moment. They said that the horse is always right before he runs, he takes a little something of a solo cup again, right, what I say this falls under Redwood judgment when they break down how mc hammer lost all his money, the purchase of the race horse was one of the things. Really Yeah, when Tyson blew all his money, he buy a horse too, he probably did.
Speaker 7: And a tiger had a lot of tigers. If you're buying a tiger, you're out of control.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you or out of control.
Speaker 5: I'm not seeing that, but I saw a text about it, but I don't see the name listed.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I actually thought the text that'sked just about Toby Keith's house instead.
Speaker 4: Of horse house.
Speaker 2: Well, I just looked like a las. We'll be back right here. There it is, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: So you've heard us talk about Patriot Mobile, you know, quite a bit. But the deal is, have you made any moves because every time we were dealing with these dilemmas on where our money goes, and hey, I don't like this company, I don't like what they stand for. I don't agree with that, But what am I supposed to do? Well, as you know, because we've been talking about this for years, that Patriot Mobile actually gives those of us that are more conservative a real option now again, Patriot Mobile. It's wonderful that they share your values, but they're not asking you to now switch to Patriot Mobile out of guilt. Oh I guess it won't be as good. No, the coverage is fantastic. Switching is easy. There's no store visits, there's no hassle keep your number. If you won't keep your phone or upgrade one hundred percent US based team can activate you in minutes, right over the phone. Okay, And they're one of the few carriers listen to this with access to all three major US networks. This means exceptional nationwide coverage. Plus you can put a second number on a different network on one phone. It's like carrying two phones with one. They have unlimited data plans, mobile hotspots, international roaming internet on the Gold devices, and home internet backup. You can get all this you know from them. You can't even get all this from the big guys that you wish you weren't sending your money to them. Okay, so what are you waiting for? Make the switch today? All you have to do is go to Patriotmobile dot com. Slash ric are called nine to seven to two Patriot right now, use the promo code RIC for a free month of service. Switching is easy. Go right now Patriot Mobile dot com slash ric are called nine to seven two Patriot minsh rick and get a free month when you switch to Patriot Mobile.
Speaker 1: Only in America? Could these four men do this for a living god? Bless America? This is the wick budget show.
Speaker 2: That's right, we're back. Thanks for being with us today, America. So it is true Toby Keith's estate because Toby Keith is dead. Uh does own the horse or co own render Judgment? So that is true?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: And and render Judgment will be running with odds twelve to one. You know what, I'd like to have a race horse? Yep? Would you? Yeah? What would you name it? I would name him buck Wilde. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 5: Turette's on the outside and here comes buck wild Oh no, that's not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greg and I were discussing. People were acting like Toby Keith's coming to the Kentucky Derby. If he does, his horse is not going to be a big story. No, there's a bigger story.
Speaker 5: It's Toby Keith's dream walking farms than partially on.
Speaker 2: If Toby Keith is at the Kentucky Derby, that's the number one story. It is, it is, but he is No. Odds are pretty high that song.
Speaker 5: Do you all wish ill were could call a race?
Speaker 2: Though? Call it a horse race. Yea, wouldn't that be cool? You know, I think that would be cool. Greg. No, No, there's a shocker. I like to hear it. Yeah, you wouldn't like to call one around the home stretch comes journalism, follow by saying man on the gold Citizens ball comes. Oh my goodness, they use the only thing I know. The only thing I know is down the stretch.
Speaker 4: They come.
Speaker 2: It's only I know down the stretch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty all the back stretch looking comfortable as East Avenue. He's looking comfortable by the cold battles, just hanging out, Citizens Bulls coming from behind Lukster Cafe.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, journalism, it's down. Why you got him falling? What happened to you?
Speaker 5: I've heard that before that. Oh now you got a tragedy.
Speaker 2: Don't you always when you're doing it too, don't you let everybody know when a certain horse is making his move? Oh yeah, yeah, he's ring along that inside. Oh he's making his move. Yeah, and he needs to come along now all right? Do you do you do that like you think you suggest to the horses already be moving So so anyway, Zacky Derby. By the way, I also love it no gambit from the outside. Uh love the pictures all of you are sending that, those of you that have been to the Derby. H We've got a lot of pictures coming in groups of women with other hats on. Oh you know the hat's big, Yeah, and wearing hats. Yeah you know they're not comfortable at all. Yeah. Sherry has brought up a couple of times that she'd like to go and wear one of those hats. Yeah. Yeah, it's not comfortable though. How you keep It's like they're barely hanging on. I don't know how anybody sees the race. That's true too. If you're behind him, I'd have a real problem with that. Yeah, I really struggle to get these seats. I'd like to see the race and I'm looking at a big gold hat, big old, huge hat of flowers, huge hat. Do they do you take? Ladies? Do y'all take those big hats off when the race starts? I hope so it would be.
Speaker 4: I think you keep them on, You keep them on?
Speaker 2: How do you see around him?
Speaker 4: You just jump up and lean looking lean Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Adam, you could be our jockey. We did. How we're talking now, we've got to.
Speaker 5: Always said that, I think you've missed you.
Speaker 4: Always said that.
Speaker 5: Because you're athletic, you're young, you're your help, and then you could be you could just be a phenom and own it because you're kind of like you'd be a bigger one, like you'd be the bully.
Speaker 2: Greg said, I'll be Red Parker and Sea Biscuit.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: He was big for a jock and the horse was little. Yeah, Greg said in the because of your back issues, you look like you're ready to get on the horse right now. All you got to do is pick him up and drop him on there. He's already position.
Speaker 7: Nobody, you don't pick You don't pick the jockey up. That's not how it works.
Speaker 2: You don't anything about cable. He's in position. Okay, he's in position at all times.
Speaker 7: An invalid. Okay, I'm not an invalid. I'm not from one hospital to another. My goodness, did you.
Speaker 2: Put youre already?
Speaker 5: Jockey had to be on Flying Mohawk thirty nine.
Speaker 4: To one, Hoss coming.
Speaker 2: He's shocked the world. That's funny.
Speaker 4: How about I really would love to to. I mean, I bet it's exciting. I mean I bet it.
Speaker 7: It's like a it's like a race car driver, except you're on a horse.
Speaker 4: You're like a horse.
Speaker 2: Said the horse's name Henry. That's funny.
Speaker 4: On Henry the horses.
Speaker 2: They call him Chris Harel because he flies Big Box Henry. That's no other name, just Henry. He sang the National Lands.
Speaker 1: I mean, now he's a jockey.
Speaker 4: What if what if.
Speaker 7: The name was Henry the horse that was his full name, So they had to say, and Henry the horse the right.
Speaker 2: That would be Big Box Entertainment's horse, Henry the horse, the horse, the jockey Chris Eddie van Adler the eagle pull.
Speaker 5: No, but you have got to have a nickname the jockey crooked Man.
Speaker 2: No, we jay the Eagle.
Speaker 5: Crooked Man's on mohawk.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's the cable system and set him up on there. Some people call him shrap.
Speaker 4: A lot of people.
Speaker 2: Nobody calls them a lot of people.
Speaker 7: When they see me in person, they're like, hey, man, your posture is getting a lot better. I'm like, thank you, I've been working really hard on it decade.
Speaker 5: You're straighter and taller than bigger than we.
Speaker 4: Thank you expectations. Yes, that's great.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Another thing I got to throw out to us today? Are we okay that the movie Rust is actually in theaters this weekend? So the movie rushed, they finished it, and they put it down. They picked up film and it's going to be in select theaters this weekend. Do y'all feel weird about going to this about I'm not going to I'm trying to think of the same. Mean, did they rewrite it that that scene's not in there? I mean, obviously the original filming's not in there because someone got killed. But I'm just saying in the storyline, did they reshoot it? For lack of a better term, great, did you just use the termoot it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like that, that's what it's called.
Speaker 7: In fact, I just googled it and they gave me all the info because I said, when did they finish shooting Rust? And then they're just giving me Rust shooting incident? So yeah, that's what is what it's called.
Speaker 4: Greg.
Speaker 2: But can any of us, I know you said speed, you wouldn't go because I like a western, Greg, you like good western, So if we could we could somehow can we forget that moment? Forget you know that it's got a good story. Who Alec Baldwin the person is you have to do that a lot when you watch movies. Yeah, not just Alec Baldwin, just about everybody in the business. But but can we go to this movie and it not be tainted and just just take it as it is? I don't. I don't know that I can. I would be bothered by it. It was how far along were they being finished when this tragic accid accident happened? You know what I'm saying, where you got a spot you could have stoped whinny or you donet going too far?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: Are you okay with him finishing it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They finished the Pirates game.
Speaker 7: They resumed filming April twentieth, twenty twenty three, and charges were dropped. So I don't know if they were waiting for the charges, probably, but literally that day charges were dropped against Alec Baldwin and then the new updated cast was released and production.
Speaker 4: Resumed on April.
Speaker 2: Updated cast Yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 4: Patrick Scott McDermott was confirmed to have replaced a person with the last name Noon.
Speaker 2: Well, you would you be watching the movie to your point, Greg and go oh, this was probably the scene they were shoot when that woman got shot. You know, you would you be able to feel it in the movie. Did we know enough about it? I think they were in the chart. I knew it. I caught that too, did you, so that we could figure it out. So when they go into church, were like, here's what happened. Do you remember it was? I think we were teenagers at the time. The movie on crap anyway, they I don't remember the movie shooting the same And then the guy Vic Morrow. You remember he played the coach in Bad News Bears. It was against butter Maker Oh Yankees. Yeah, yeah, him and he had two Vietnamese children. It was like a flashback of the war anyway, that the helicopter killed him daring It was twilight Zone, Twilight Zone, and they went ahead and and finished it. Great guy did not know, right, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, that's right. It was the twilights on the movie.
Speaker 2: The kids and the actors.
Speaker 4: Big Morrow and Big Morrow, two child actors.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I didn't know that, and uh.
Speaker 4: The six helicopters.
Speaker 2: But that movie was released and came out and then I mean Big Marls in it up to that point. Wow. Yeah, And people also talked of that. Remember the Crow with Brandon Lee. They finished that, Yeah, they did the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Rockcasting from the real.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go another hour. Are you ready, everybody?
Speaker 3: Are you ready to.
Speaker 4: Get time full The Rig Burgess Show America?
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Speedy?
Speaker 14: Greg Adler?
Speaker 2: All here for a brand new hour? Box seat's coming out? What's eating Scott Garowski? Yes, that happens today. All that's still come on the program.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? It's time full The rig Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right, so other things to cover today. So I'm looking at this story. So Steve Doocy, that's been on Fox and Friends forever, back in the Rick and Bubba day, is always really really kind and nice to us and so helpful. Came on the show a lot, had us own Fox and Friends. When Bubba and I did all the books with them. It was called Thomas Nelson at the time. It's now Harper Collins. Now I think I think they've been bought by somebody else. But anyway, so and he's we've been keeping in touch and he's a great guy, always very helpful. It looks like that he's going to have a new role now on Fox and Friends. Says thirty years or almost thirty years of waking up at three thirty in the morning chryst of River Steve, Huh, yeah, what time you get up, Greg, I'd be about two twenty speedy to be specifically three o'clock. Uh, I'm three fifteen. I was three today, Adler four four. So so anyway, but it is uh, you do become that person like I was out having dinner last night with one of my sons and his wife, and you know, you do become that person where you start kind of shuffling around and you know, and the kids have picked him up. Dad, Are you starting to feel that it's time to go to bed? Yeah, guys, we got to wrap this up, you know, so you start counting. And he was talking about what we talked about just on the air, Adler, when we were talking about, you know, kidding around about whether you made up your wife or not or whether it was real, and we were talking about the things that this if you work at the times we work in a lot of people do too, the things that you miss. And Deucy talks about this. He said, you know, unless I was on vacation, did I never had breakfast with my kids. I never saw my wife in the morning, and and So he's still going to be on Fox and Friends, just not every day, and he's not going to be in New York. He's going to be based out of Florida, and he's going to be in different places in the country that a lot of times don't get a lot of coverage. Didn't you say, Yeah, it's gonna be called Coast to Coast with Deucy. That's it. The Deuce is loose, that's it. So he's only going to be on three days a week, but he's still having to get up when he still does the Coast to Coast said, So he's only going to have breakfast two days a week with his family. So he's looking forward to having breakfast with his grandkids and his kids now whenever he wants. Yeah, but it won't be whenever he wants. If he's going to do three three days a week, he's got to come live from somewhere to Fox and Friends.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know that it's kill me. I don't know that it'll be live. It just says he announces his new Coast to Coast roll. So it could be that he can some and they play it back. I have no idea, but it does it does say that he'll be with them three days a week. So but to your point, it doesn't really go into detail on a lot of things. That just announces that he's going to step back from his everyday role. President Trump even thanked him for the years of coverages, coveraging, covering him, I should say, in his contribution to the country with a great show every day bringing the news.
Speaker 2: I can tell Doocy from everything. And he's one of these people I've never had heard anyone say, I'll tell you one't thing. He's a jerk, I mean never. I mean, he he seems to have I feel jump on with h he seems to be friendly, he seems to be fun, and it looks like that. But I mean, you might be right speed because he says, this is his quote, after decades of getting up at three point thirty and driving into New York City in the dark, today is the last day I will host this show from this couch. I'm not retiring, I'm leaving. I'm not leaving the show. I'm still a host. But it's time for a change. So if he says he's done with getting up at three thirty and obviously driving into to New York he said, he's going We already said this, but he'll be based out of Florida, and that he will come on and broadcast from areas that don't get a lot of coverage unlike New York parts, and so I don't know. As a matter of fact, he said, my first the first time I'll be on with the new show or my new role called Coast to Coast. I will be live from Pleasant Valley, Alabama. Yep, that's where he's starting to rick. We're welcome talking talk, can we, Greg Burgess? That's right? So yeah, you're right. We need to reach out to Douce today and say hey, congratulations and all that so so interesting. All right, a couple of emails to run down today. So these are emails from you, you know, questions, comments, things you wanted to talk about. Uh, this comes from David. David said, Hey, Bird, Hay Burge, can you guys confirm whether this is true or not. I heard that the Browns have retired shirdor Sanders Jersey. I think that's a good one. Well that's about it makes it as much sense it's Colorado doing it. Adair. I sent this one to you. This is the one that has the picture with it. So this one, Hey burd hay Bird, just comes from Madison. Madison said that. He said, I thought y'all might get a kick out of this. I graduated from Jacksonville State University. Congratulations Madison. And on my way home, I had to stop and get a picture in front of this street sign. And he's standing in front of Burgess Road. I've driven by it every day for the past two years, and every time I passed it, I think about the show, love the new show, and certainly enjoyed the O show as well. Congratulations to graduate Madison Simms. And here is the picture for those of you that watch on YouTube. And he sent me a picture. He is standing with his diploma in his gown. I don't see the cap, you know, probably kind of like speedy sun a look on Monday, you know, Yeah, where's his cap? All the pictures though, you don't, right, And he is. He's standing under the street sign there in Jacksonville Burgess Rope exactly where you really it's a speedy You've driven by it many time, why you would go, yep? There it is.
Speaker 12: Four.
Speaker 2: So here's here's another one. This comes from Randy A little breakdown communication here with Randy. Okay, uh, hey bird cha Birge, there's a problem. I went to check on getting the book. Men don't run in the rain, and they are sold out. They're gonna be any more in stock. Okay. What you're probably looking at, Randy is there were some some pre paperback versions that were available for the conferences we did back at the first of the year, So that link is probably old and bad. So the book does not come out till May thirteenth. So the reason why you can't find any is that the official date has not come. So you're good, Randy. It'll be May thirteenth, it'll be an audiobook, it'll be in hardback, and it'll be in ebooks. So May the thirteenth, Randy, you are still good, and we'll have that link on the website and all that kind of stuff. So exciting, Hey bird J Birge. I hear you guys talk about songs that you hear and songs that burn out and you kind of get tired of because they get played too much. Heard you guys saying that you even though I still love them, And some people in the text Nation yesterday referred to it as blasphemy. That Greg made the mistake of telling America that he doesn't listen to Sweet Home Alabama all the way through anymore. Well, I've heard it a lot. That did not go over well. I mean it's a great riff and starts all that. That's I've heard it a lot. Even your minions really good song. Push back a little bit on that great song? So uh heard? But Brad says, so hey, Burge, is there a song that you guys hear every single time and never grow tired of it? He said, for me, it's the song Landslide. That's a good one, no matter how many times I hear it, that's a good one, and said, I'm not even a big Fleetwood Mac fan, but when I hear Landslide, I will listen to it every single time. I can understand that. By the way, Oh I saw it perform live, Go me okay, so you can you can you think of song a song that you got when he comes on, I'm never I'm.
Speaker 6: Never tired of that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna you're gonna be you do not, say Thompson twins. Now, I'm not you'all gonna be so mad at me? What is it? What are they? What are they guns and roses? November Rain, that's the long one. That's a big commitment.
Speaker 5: Purple rain.
Speaker 4: Prince, that's like it's got rain in it. You're in right, fire and rain?
Speaker 2: You do you love that one? Or is the drunk said in the at the James Stater concert, Let me tell you about that. He keeps springing out pour and rain. And finally, James Taylor himself said, by the way, it's fire and rain, and I will be doing it. Just be calm. For some reason, I have one it not only that, but it's so far out of left field and I really can't explain it. But for some reason, I never get tired of the song Name by the Go the Go Goo Dolls? What did you just?
Speaker 3: Same?
Speaker 2: Who are you? I'm just telling you. I'm not saying that I seek it out?
Speaker 3: Who Dolls?
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you, for some reason, your people can't take I'm twenty four hours ago. You don't listen to Swing on Alabama all the way through, and you will listen to Name by Goo Goo Dolls? Who are you? I'm just I don't know why. I have no idea what.
Speaker 4: It's a shame?
Speaker 2: Is it okay?
Speaker 5: If I say Phil Collins in the air tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that okay? I don't have a good time to get but it's get tired of that one. I'll tell you. I don't get tired of purple Rain. There it is, I said it. I just don't like it's fantanica. I just don't. I don't know where it is. A cool song, just a little chill and then listen to it. No, no, I'm not hurting.
Speaker 4: I'm not turning that Oel by the Band. I will listen to o'belia by the Band and one by Metallica. That's another commit.
Speaker 2: Ago it was field and good. That's good. We'll be right back. More of the show coming up right into this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, all right.
Speaker 2: So we like where we are right now. Let's just talk about it. That's conservatives. We feel like we're winning right now. But you know, you think, hey, these false narratives were you know, bringing light to and we're disputing them. Hey, we're looking good right now. We've got the White House. People are waking up, but the fight's not over, not even close. Well, let me tell you back to left into a corner. They'll come out like a wildcat. So that's why Blaze TV exists and why it's more important than it's ever been. I mean, we're in a world full of noise. We need a stronghold for bold voices, freethinkers. Fearless commentary makes sense of all the chaos that's out there. So let me tell you, Blaze TV is home of some of the strongest, smartest voices in conservative media. And if you like investigative journalism and you've missed it, you'll find it on Blaze TV. You want to see documentaries that tell the truth, you'll find that on blaze stev. So use the promo code rick right now and just go to BlazeTV dot com slash rick BlazeTV dot com slash rick. That promo code is rick. You're gonna say twenty bucks right now off the annual plan. Okay, so we're talking eight bucks a month. In many cases, that's the price of one of those fancy cups of coffee that Greg wouldn't drink. So get your Blaze TV riding now, right now. Now, more than ever, the fight is going to continue. If you want the right information and be prepared, you need to be with Blaze TV. Unfiltered, unafraid, and on demand.
Speaker 1: Those people who don't like this show, you wouldn't like anyway the Rick budgets show.
Speaker 2: Let me tell something the text Nation and are really drawing out some great songs that TA can hear over and over again. Greg, where are you on? White Snake? Here I go again? Hum, done with it, done with it, Adler, Here I go again? Many times. Well, I don't know where I'm going. We loved it when it came, but I know where I've been. I'm living on promises yesterday. So when it comes on, I have to turn it.
Speaker 4: I'll listen to the first minute and a half.
Speaker 2: I've heard it too much, It's a simple question, Greg, too much, Rick, there's there. I will never grow weary of. Here comes to My Girl by Tom Petty. I love that You're right, you can get you play a thousand times.
Speaker 4: Over American Girl too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, girls, a lot of Tom Petty. I'll leave a lot of Tom Petty.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say this, I leave on a lot of Bob Seeger against the Wind.
Speaker 2: I love that. I'll listen to that. I love Bob now. Sometimes I can't listen to all of them, and don't get into shakedown and all that. I live in the world. I live in a Bob Seger world where shakedown never happened. Yeah, exactly on the soundtrack that didn't happen.
Speaker 5: I know it's been worn out with commercials, but like a rock do y'all like that?
Speaker 2: The commercials have already rent me on it. I stood there bow at least we waiting in the sun so commercial that that's a dandy. I mean, it's a good one, thank you. It's just my goodness. How about this? I want something to see so so anyway, so that that's all great? I love I love all of that. Rick, I'm sorry before you move off, Bob saying, uh, whole time rock and roll I don't like. I don't either, Okay, there is a city I don't like them. I never like an't tired of it. I never liked. I didn't like it either, Okay, I didn't think it was great. That's not the kind of cigaret I'm looking. No, how about like that song, Greg, Well, that's right, and they should also like, Hey, mister Nickerbocker, brock tod Bob off a barn under. I underappreciated Hollywood Knights and went back and liked it again? It is? How about DJ? How about d J cole Greg with the cake? Don't know that one? Know what that?
Speaker 3: Let me clear my.
Speaker 2: That falls under the that I listened to. Yes, if it's on, I will listen to. Let me didn't know if you get the live version, the live version when the crowd clears their throat back. Yeah, God, it's really good. And I guess what they're doing there at their instrument wise? Is that a bass saxophone that he's doing that with that incredible big giant in big saxes? What it sounds like? Remedy, Black Crows, I love lot, Black Cross the whole first record, Oh, thrown in my pride? What every time I have an opportunity for somebody to say, what do you think about the sound system, I'll cue up thrown in my pride? Yes, it's perfect. Oh it's fantastic. It's great song. The Field of Greens been with us a while, love it? No, this is the kind of stuff we love. That's right, you know what I mean? I never go where you're Field of Greens. I took mine this morning. Can I tell you what to me too? But I mean I'm in a bit of a bond. You need this a double day for you. Well, here's the problem I'm carrying on today on the flight. Just take it before you leave. Well I already done that. Take it again this afternoon. Okay, I see, I will do that. But but you remember that time I got busted trying to carry it on.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you they're not in powder getting on.
Speaker 2: If you have a jar of green powder in your carry on, you'll you'll be pulled to the side. We need to see you, big tough guy over here.
Speaker 4: Are you the top guy this way?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 2: But Field of Greens is fantastic and and and what it does just for your overall energy and your health. I mean when you're talking about things like, hey, if if your health doesn't get better, we'll give your money back. That that's confidence in the product. It's all the fruits and vegetables our body needs. Uh. They're all scientifically studied. All of them have different roles. Some are good for heart, some good for liver, you know, for your vital organs to run better.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, we actually start getting more and more emails about this. We had one said, this is the best blood work I've had in the decade. The doc said, whatever you're doing, keep doing it. I got the same thing from my doctor. So go to Fieldofgreens dot com now use our promo code big Box and get twenty percent off. There's also a link at Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors. Okay, so Trump yesterday University of Alabama. We mentioned that earlier, but we actually have some of the clips now. So he was the commencement speaker, right, Yeah, So Nick Saban introduces Trump and he tells this story about being there at the White House with one of the national championship teams from Alabama and cut one a Adler. So here he is telling them this story. And then we'll come back and get some of the Trump's stuff from the commencement too. But here's the setup.
Speaker 10: And before I introduced President Trump, I have to tell you a story. You know, you all know that we won a national championship, we get to go to the White House and it's great experience for our players and each and every year when we won in twenty seventeen, President Trump was there twenty eighteen, very gracious host. And he's the first president that invited us to come in the over Office so I take the three captains in the over office, and President's really nice to everybody, and he's got this very big, good looking, auspicious box on his desk that has a red button on top. And one of the players said, is that what you launt some missiles with? And he said, well, push it and find out.
Speaker 6: No good.
Speaker 10: The player said, no, I don't want to do that. He said, oh, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, push it.
Speaker 6: See see what happens.
Speaker 2: Find out.
Speaker 10: So Rashaun Evans finally got the guts up, went over, pushed the red button. Some lady came in with a coke on.
Speaker 2: A tray, so you know, that's it. That's what the button was for. So the important thing. Yeah, well we'll come back and trump some of the comments he made, of course, you know, you know Trump when when he's with the home crowd.
Speaker 5: He had anything he did he had.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you if Donald Trump a road tad and a road Trump when you have the tide in Trump together, I mean, it's it's Trump magic. So uh so we'll come back. We got some clips from the commencement. I'm wondering those of you out there if you had you know, sons and daughters graduating from the University of Alabama. I mean, how about you had Trump is your commencement speaker? That that that is good? And of course we talked about the little mini protests that was there that and that was kind of I mean, I'm just thinking if if I, if I am a leftist, which would take a lot of imagination. I just don't know that I waste time on trying to protest Trump coming to University of Alabama. I mean, what what ground can you possibly make the Yeah, it seems a waste of energy. The bottom of the hour will come back Trump. It gives the commendments, mencement speech at the University of Alabama still to come. What's eating Scott Garowski? You know it's still on the program, and then the box seats will fill up for another Burgess ball battle.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, America sleeping well every night just knowing these four men are on the air, The Rick Burchise Show.
Speaker 2: It's all good, America. We're here. You got Speedy, you got Greg, you got Adler, Burgess here, we're hanging out. We're loving it. I mentioned flying today, which you know is my favorite. Going to Omaha Nebraska and looking forward to Lord. Willing to be there this weekend. Blake Prime will be traveling with me. We'll both be speaking Westside Church. Their men's events starts tonight. Prime and I will speak tomorrow and hang out with the guys and then plug them back into the small group a curriculum they're doing from Themanchurch dot com. So looking forward to being there. And as I mentioned, what's eating Scott Garroski is coming up in twenty five minutes or so it is, so we'll be talking to the Rock. He'll be at Wesmobile Baptist Church. Let me tell you what's funny. So he's going to be at Westmobile speaking this Saturday night Tomorrow night at five for their next men's gathering. So I got an email from Grayson, who is the leader of the men's ministry at Westmobile and they've been doing the Man Church stuff for years. This is a very honest email because I kept asking him. I said, you got any images or anything you want to put on social media about the Rock coming down there? We're talking about it on the show. But and he sends back said sorry about that. He said, I'm so caught up my entire goal this week Ken, it's the disciple. Men, that's number one, but number two not end up on the next what's eating Scott.
Speaker 5: Garasky, He's got to get his gack together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he said, we're trying to get our act together to host the Rock very observant. So, uh, look look under events at the Maanchurch dot com for that information and we look forward to seeing y'all either in Omaha, Nebraska or Mobile, Alabama this weekend. All right, so Trump somebody said that you really if your kid graduated from the University of Alabama, you could say my kid graduated from a Trump rally. Uh so yeah, so there was some of that going on. He had them so. Uh the students at the University of Alabama went wild for Trump when he arrived. So we we have that and and one be here.
Speaker 4: You want to savings wrap up here.
Speaker 2: About bringing him on? Okay, yeah, if you want too. Sure transition into is that transition into b?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 10: The United States? Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump here comes Trump here.
Speaker 9: Go right around the road side.
Speaker 2: They read Chad and they're ready to tramp.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I've got that other view and it's kind of cool. He's it's on the on the floor there.
Speaker 2: So you can kind he did his old dance last night. I know he didn't, did he hear the dance? That's the one he says that his wife keeps telling him not to do. Of course he does. And how does he say it.
Speaker 4: I guess everyone's wife is telling them not to dance, because mine wife does the same thing to me. She tells you not to do It's like you're embarrassing. Everyone can dance, man, you can.
Speaker 2: I thought he tells me not to dance, but I do it. Okay, it's the chin. It is the chin. Yeah, and he's thirst and howl. The third that.
Speaker 12: You know, the.
Speaker 2: Really choked yourself, by the way, he nearly choked yourself. I'm the president now that now you're back to head injury guy. Okay, let's go back to President Trump. The railway. Yeah, okay, all right, so there is so so now I know I'm throwing y'all off. Y'all think it's him, but it's yeah, you've confused me. I thought he was. Trump tells the graduates from the University of Alabama that they are the first graduating class in the Golden Age of America.
Speaker 15: Here, as you graduated it's natural to reflect on four years of happy memories, and you've really had happy memories here.
Speaker 2: You've done a lot of winning.
Speaker 3: Winning is a good thing to do.
Speaker 15: But today I'm also asking you to look forward to really something very very bright and more promising. And it's going to be an even more promising tomorrow. I promise you that you're the first graduating class of the Golden Age of America.
Speaker 3: We're in the Golden Age. You watch the Golden.
Speaker 2: There, you know, ware of Golden Age. He's got a little he's got a listen.
Speaker 3: I got him.
Speaker 4: I don't know, no, I don't know what is happening.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen. Not even Trump has a little bit of app He's a repeater. He is, oh yeah, he repeats, not gonna do it, not gonna do that right early, it's going to.
Speaker 5: Be We've discussed that in the past. Sometimes it's three times repeat it, and then that third time he really drives it home.
Speaker 4: Next you need to work on that. I need to work on that.
Speaker 2: You're good as you do as you do well, dud. So next you have you have Trump saying, you, guys know, he's back to the winning again with Alabama, but he also is saying that these students need to continue to help him win. So here, here we go a great time.
Speaker 15: I'm absolutely confident that the Alabama class of twenty twenty five is up to the task.
Speaker 3: Are you up to the task.
Speaker 15: You learned a lot about winning here at Alabama, and now we need you to help win for America when we're gonna win.
Speaker 2: All right, this next thing that we look at your face like you're mad, Yeah right, well yeah you're you're you're a Trump or something. But we we now get a little glimpse and with us doing the show on location coming up in a couple of weeks on May the fourteenth, I will probably get an opportunity. We will as a team get an opportunity to court according Speedy mayor be on the course at this point, I don't know, but Tommy Tuberville is will be on the show, and a lot of people are saying, get him to say on the show whether he's gonna run for governor or not of Alabama. So this is out there. You know, I'm kind of torn. I mean, it's Tubraville more valuable to America by staying in the Senate than he would be as the governor of Alabama. I don't know. But anyway, here is Trump talking about Tommy Tuberville beating Alabama six times in a row. He's going to say that he doesn't bring that up.
Speaker 4: There he's there, Tommy's there, Tommy is he and Trump brings this up. He turns it around, he saves it.
Speaker 2: He says, okay, oh, no.
Speaker 15: Very wonderful man, A friend of mine, Senator Tommy Tuberville is Tommy.
Speaker 2: He's still doing mixed emotions from the crowd.
Speaker 15: Was here when he wanted to run for the Senate.
Speaker 16: You know, I said, well, you beat Alabama six times in a row, how can you run for the Senate? He said, well, I just look at him and say, well, I was responsible for them getting Nick Saban.
Speaker 2: I said that's a good reason.
Speaker 4: Okay, And he won very easily.
Speaker 12: He won.
Speaker 2: But that's true the race, yeah, okay, the political race, yes all.
Speaker 4: And he turns it around by saying roll time.
Speaker 2: All right, so here here we go. We got him that we're going to erupt. I like his roll time. It's a pretty good roll time. Do you remember me talking to the new coach last year? Yes, the boor and I didn't think his role tide was.
Speaker 6: Up to Parliament.
Speaker 2: Saying that you calling him out right to him very uncomfort He got a better roll tie. Fans were not happy with his roll time.
Speaker 4: It was real early for you to be messing with him.
Speaker 2: Pretty much run the stace. Yeah, you really him off. I was trying to do it. I mean, do you think you think everybody wasn't thinking that when he did his first roll time? I don't think. So it's not a good one. I just said, your road tide could improve.
Speaker 4: Very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: All right, let's share how Trump does it. Here we what that nice looking group?
Speaker 4: This is what a nice looking group this is?
Speaker 6: And they love that?
Speaker 4: And here comes this real time.
Speaker 15: A very big allow to the University of Alabama. Congratulations to the class of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 12: Roll tide.
Speaker 2: They went, No, that's a good road time. That's not a bad way to radio chair roll time. No, No, I don't know who you are. You trailed off a rotime? No, that's that's Thurston.
Speaker 4: Howll you have Forrest Gump and you have thirst and well it seems to be it.
Speaker 5: They all are the teacher on monsters Ink. So y'all just hush.
Speaker 2: There you got a commencement. Now, I said to Trump, it's a road Trump in a road. Tad all right, So now Dicky, Uh now it's going to three B. Yeah, I wouldn't way for that. Uh three B. Trump is going to say, as long as he's president, he's going to make sure one thing doesn't happen. The crowd goes nuts, all right, So three B. And here here here's uh Trump saying that he's already handled with an executive order.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is you know, even at one points does a little joke about this. But here he is talking about women and having to deal with biological men in sports.
Speaker 3: Here we go, and I love sports.
Speaker 15: I think I should have come here. I think that should have come been tngratulations as well to the women's track and field team for winning two SEC titles this year. That's something as long and as long as I'm president, we will always protect women's sports.
Speaker 3: Men will not play in women's sports.
Speaker 6: Wow, and like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hard to disagree with that.
Speaker 3: No way.
Speaker 15: They say that's an eighty twenty issue. No, it's a ninety seven to three issue.
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 2: So that that that was big. And then I don't I don't. We don't have it, but I know that we speedy showed to me. At one point he was too saying we was pretending to lift weights. Yes, yeah, he was talking about that. There was some guy and he talked about that that was not very good in men's weightlifting. And then he and then he says, he goes great, goes into women, walks up there at the record just goes. He starts pushing it up like the guy's accomplished something. So so anyway, I think Trump went over big yesterday in Alabama.
Speaker 5: Well it was great being Ale Coleman calls him.
Speaker 2: Okay, people are saying you're also you have two versions, you're Thurston Howell the third. But then you'll mix in just a little bit of casey case of just a bomb. Oh okay, all right, I'll work on it. Sorry, can we come back, We'll go. Unscreened phone calls still to come? What's Edie Scott Garoski next? Unscreened phone calls from you America? Eight eight eight six, Big Box.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 16: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show. One eight eight eight six, Big Fox.
Speaker 2: It's unscreened phone calls in America. You've been loving this, and so have we. Frankly, Uh, you know, you send somebody off the team, you put them in there, and then they do you lose them, and hey, can we hear you? Can you hear people talking? So we decided the unscreened phone call was really a better way to go. So all you're gonna hear is the phone ringing, and then when you hear the answer, that means it's us. So if you want to dial it right now and be on the show, make comments, ask questions. Whatever will this screen you? On the fly? Eight eight eights the number six big box eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine, the same number on the text option too, and thank you very much. By the way, someone on the text nation on Franklin the Turtle yesterday said they just heard from Franklin and he says none of his friends believe his story. Gosh, that's good. So the Fallings we go. Hello, it's the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls. You're on.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, guys, great shows always.
Speaker 17: I got two things on we bring to the table. Y'all need to go to Hardy's and get the super sausage biscuit combo. Now, don't get two of them. Well, I'm not trying to curge people to be an fa and eat two of these bad boys. But it has two sausage patties, it has eggs, and it's a biscuit and it's delicious and I think Greg will love it. Other than that, the music wise, I cannot stand the Eagles Hotel, California. I've heard that song so many times and people like, as a child, oh this is a great song. I cannot stand it.
Speaker 2: Greg, where are you in the Hotel California? I understand what he's talking about, But now he's saying he never liked it?
Speaker 12: Is he?
Speaker 2: Is there a burn on it? Yeah? Are you burned on a little bit? But the solo at the end is so good. Yeah, it'll keep me.
Speaker 4: It's an overplayed song, but I'm okay with it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, y'all try this biscuit he's talking about. I know how your sound. You can find a Harty's. I know you don't get Greg started on Hardy shut them all down. Greg claims that Hardy started biscuits for breakfast. They did in our world, we can chinue. Nobody else had them. I pitched everybody else opened at ten thirty, Adam, did you know? The Grave declared in the break that the greatest rock and roll song ever written was carry on My Wayward Sun by Kansas Time. It's got everything. It's got just break it down. It has great vocals, great guitar playing, even little keyboard, great background, every thing. There's nothing wrong with that song.
Speaker 4: There's I mean, it could be in the running.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't find a fault.
Speaker 4: It's definitely making it to the Sweet sixteen, I think Greg.
Speaker 2: Hello, Rick Birdess show unscreened phone calls, go.
Speaker 8: Ahead, Hi, longtime fan.
Speaker 18: My name is Charlotte.
Speaker 19: Hey Charlotte, and I'm here with my daughter Mary, And she has never been able to call into y'all show, but she's been listening to you, Rick and everybody since she could walk?
Speaker 2: Okay put Mary?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hey Mary? How are you doing? Kay? How are you good?
Speaker 12: Mary?
Speaker 2: Mary? Why you call in?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: So, We're so glad you called. Where are you headed today?
Speaker 8: School?
Speaker 19: And I have a field trip today?
Speaker 2: Oh you do? Where's the field trip?
Speaker 19: I'm doing your celebration part.
Speaker 2: Oh that'll be fun that'll be so many then you'll have to do any school work today. That'd be great. Uh yeah, Well, I hope you have a great weekend, and thank you for hanging out with us for your entire life. And I hope you're enjoying the new show. Thank you all right, bye Charlotte, Bye Mary, Thank y'all for calling. Thank you. We continue. You know you thought Greg said something to Mary. I know he gets why are you coming to this some popper or something? Okay, we continue. He's about me word me death, but it's not top of the goodness. He's just staring in the corner. Rick bird your show, you're on unscreened phone calls, go ahead, y'all.
Speaker 9: Picking old speedy, but you know he doesn't even care.
Speaker 2: Is Oh that's funny. That's funny Greg roundabout by. Yes, it's a cool little real We continue. Rick Birder's show, Unscreened phone calls, go ahead. Hey, this is Flip.
Speaker 1: I'd like to talk, but I'm going to hardy see.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. Flip here you Rick Birders show, unscreened phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 14: The long time listen sits way back when the uh gall was on the Turner South Oh yeah, so you're talking about it, and I do agree that. She Dura said, there's Frank phone call was good way back in the day. That beat the Pan American flight that landed and the guy got on that that was the best Frank ever.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh yeah, when he when he got on the act like he it was breaking coverage and he did a Howard Stern thing. I did the same thing on OJ.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're right, girl pulled up the guys. That was good. Uh we continue Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I kind of agree with Greg about carry On My Wayward Son, that whole overture album. If you listen to all the songs on there, they're pretty much spiritual in nature and the lyrics and carry lifting went on to do a lot of solo Christian stuff he did.
Speaker 2: You're right about that. Uh, it is a good album. Continuing Rick Bird's Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 20: Yesterday, you was talking about honey and your coffee. I third on the shots a couple of months ago and to switch but honey in my coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh, honey in his coffee.
Speaker 20: Okay, yeah, honey, Okay, I'll tell you what it's the best thing I've ever done. My allergies is cleared. Uh, I have more energy because of it. It tastes better, it's a lot better, sir.
Speaker 2: You just said it's the greatest thing you've ever done. I mean, this is the pinnacle.
Speaker 20: As far as as far as switching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, switching, okay, in the category of switching, the greatest thing I've ever done. Well, I'm glad to hear that. And by the way, you were supposed to get honey right, No, I did not have time yesterday, and I needed some honey today too. Yeah. Uh no, no sugar tonight. No sugar tonight. And IG's not going to do that, but he'll eat it, but he won't get it. Rick Birder's show, thirty seconds, go ahead, your own, unscreen phone calls. Carboys a hearty yes.
Speaker 21: Must get on to me. Mustard get on them to me.
Speaker 2: He liked he does. Rick Birders show, that's the best impression. Unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Hey, long time listener. So hi, I actually have my two littles here there, four and six. They're a little nervous to talk to you on the phone, but they did want you, guys to know that they are huge fans. We almost feel like we just can't function throughout the day without listening to the show every morning.
Speaker 21: Thank you very much, so when you love it.
Speaker 11: Also coming to the Vaux seats super excited on the tent So Bakery and Bakery.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, we're going to be bringing.
Speaker 11: You guys some stuff.
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 11: I have some unique flavors. Maple bacon, yes you know, I say, okay, okay, so yes on maple bacon. Okay, it's one of my favorites. I didn't know if you would prefer an original type flavor for me or something more traditional like red velvet here a cake, things like that.
Speaker 2: Yes to all of it. Yeah you haven't, you haven't. You haven't hit a dud yet, so yeah, yeah, if you got some buttermilk pie. Gregs that he's in on that. Uh so, what's what's your kid's name?
Speaker 11: Annabelle and Easton, annabel.
Speaker 2: And Easton, Hello from all of us here at the Rick Burgess Show. Shows here and I'm looking forward to seeing you on the tent.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burdgers Show, Big Bucks Enter team, but Chris, That's the Rick Burgess Show with Speedy Greg Burgess Edie Van Adler and Rick Butcher.
Speaker 2: All right, America, brand new hour starting, Thank you for being with us. Still to come. The box seats will fill today. Another Burgess ball Battle. I will tell you that. On Tuesday show, the Burgess Ball Battle produced five hundred dollars. Yeah, so I'm not saying that gonna happen again today, but I mean the wheel seems to be hot again. And then we had a guy on Wednesday. I mean, I've never seen somebody come so close to winning one thousand dollars ever on the toggle. So it being and it just it just almost turned loose, but not quiet, not quiet. Well, it's uh, it's time for his debut as far as the Rick Burgess Show is concerned. And I mean I know a lot he's been wondering, where's the rock? What's the Scott Garowski. Well we're about to find out the Americans. So here here, here, here it comes. Time I get Rock's hat, show on the door.
Speaker 12: There he is?
Speaker 3: How many on the.
Speaker 2: Get his hat and my hat?
Speaker 3: Excuse the man.
Speaker 2: But where's the Scott Garowski?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 2: How are you buddy?
Speaker 6: Been great to be here, good news here it is a little nervous coming in hearing the young kids.
Speaker 2: I know, I know well that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wasn't excusing.
Speaker 2: I'm on the show, so I know this is a little early for what is Yeah, well that's all right.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know the parents have to do their job.
Speaker 6: They do. That's not my job.
Speaker 2: No, and the fact that they I've done my job.
Speaker 6: I have to yeah, grown.
Speaker 2: And gone, ye, taking care of themselves.
Speaker 1: Rock.
Speaker 2: Did you hear me read the email from the church you're speaking at tomorrow night?
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 2: He said the goal there is number one, which is good to disciple me in, but number two don't end up on the next edition of What's Ingscott gross.
Speaker 6: If they're bad to still have a struggle with that. Yeah, I'm been saying. And I've got to pin up energy now. Oh you do mean it's been a while. It has been in Maga world.
Speaker 2: Oh and so tell everybody you're you're the reason why you can't be on as often as you you did back on the Rick and Bubba Show. Is you are your.
Speaker 6: West pom I've been in West Palm since January, got back Wednesday leave. I'm going down Toomobile obviously tomorrow speak, flying back down Sunday to the West bombs just got really busy on there. The client that with the church that we're doing, they've had eighteen campuses. By the time we get back Monday, they'll have twenty.
Speaker 2: Probably has Trump invited you over to Marlago?
Speaker 6: Trump has not invited mar Lago. But I have found people there that I've made friendships with our members. And if I ever ever get the invite, I am in.
Speaker 2: You are gone. And that is maga world, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Oh you didn't see this in the watch your journal? No, we get interviewed on the streets.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yes, So what are what are the things that are eating you? Scott Grassy?
Speaker 6: Well, plenty of things reading me, but I've had a narrow down, you know, and so I've really narrowed it down to three. And they are the fire gum my landscape guy, while Americans should not have landscape companies, emergency rooms, the d m vs of medicine. Okay, and don't get an don't get me started on. That's just that's the title. Don't get me started on. There's there's plenty of things that I'll get me started on.
Speaker 2: You say the emerging room is the d m V, it's.
Speaker 6: The d m V of medicine. Yeah, I mean it is. Now, let me tell you something. You are a thousand percent No, no you're not. I mean there's no debate on this. Yeah, right, if you don't think so, just let's run that one out. I mean, I can tell you right now.
Speaker 2: So they don't get me started on. It's just and then the list star.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yes, absolutely, you're gonna want to hear that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, go, yeah, I'm already thinking about that.
Speaker 6: Let's just I'm knocking run down the landscape guy. Okay, I'm bigger than that, are you? Yeah, I mean I got two good ones. Let's just go with them.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So you want to skip the landscape, well, I mean there's no reason knows in it, I mean trust Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, So so why don't why don't we do this? Why don't we Why don't we start? Well? Because I have a feeling that they don't get me started on is going to be rich?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: It one after another? It is healthy. So why don't we begin with emergency rooms or the d m vahah.
Speaker 6: So you know, remember I got it. I got in trouble during COVID because when I went to the hospital. It said heroes work here, and I asked, sees Auckleman. Yes, I pulled up the same Vince. They got the big sign. I says, heroes work here. And I walk into the lady to check in for one of my nineteen churcher said hey, I'd love to see Ackaman before go under. And they didn't think I got some got some friends who are nurches and think it was funny either I did. But anyway, but our sense of humor can be honest, it can be Okay. Now, look, you just understand I'll put my e R time with anybody, anybody. I mean, I have a pH d in the ours, not just for me, my whole family. We've been in the our entire lives.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: If we don't show up for chest pains, we've got to think something's gonna kill us to get there or something. We're not going for stive sniff.
Speaker 2: Which means a gay lives on the edge of death a lot, a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my mother seven chess pains. Now we toldally to get over it. Okay, what I mean, hey, well she told my dad good for the good, good for the gander. So I like to give you some global advice just globally. Don't go to a B downtown. Oh no, okay, the last time I was in there that you know, you know, I call them the back draft gowns. The back back draft gowns on in the lobby. People on these you know Metallica Inner sad Man playing on top of playing on the play on speakers. I mean they're trying to rough down there. Don't go there, just go ahead and die. I'm just honestly say this. I love the nurses. The nurses do their do their part. Okay, I want you to be very clear about that now. So I have shoulder surgery six eight seven weeks ago, okay, reverse shoulder surgery. And as what happened in my world, I just located after surgery about four weeks after.
Speaker 2: Churchery your shoulder that you just had such not surprised.
Speaker 6: So we're in West Palm. I've had to go find a hospital. So we go to the R and of course for me, I have by Hucky Bear who gives me a complete body scan, a frisk with their gloves on, hash for my day to birth and uh my name for twelve consecutive minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, twelve minutes.
Speaker 6: Yep, well you can spell them now. Now we move on through the joyous laid behind the desk. Okay, you know like at the DMV the greeter. Yah, she's pleasant there so well. First of all, she kind of finished that ten minute phone call before she gets to me, and then go fill that seventy six is doctor thirty six outs Dr Pebish has been hitting on. Got to go refill it before we come back. Sit down and talk to me. The first thing out of her mouth is insurance card, credit card, driver's list. I said, well, ma'am, my wife went online and did all this. I still got to have it. Then, why did you ask us to appreciate it? Why did I give it to you twice?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Okay, still out to have it now. Look, these gals behind the desk, they didn't take type in high school. So it's going to be a minute before you get your stuck back, okay, because they're gonna one finger peck all this stuff in there, all right, So even with in front of them, they have a hard time that things spelled right.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: We get past all that and we now get back to what I call level three. We're in the room, Okay, okay. Nurse comes in, very sweet. What's going on? I said, I think I've just looked at my shoulder. It's okay, let's catch you a doctor. At this point, my wife gives me a thumbs up and we begin to argue. I said, you cannot give a thumb up at this point. You know we're not here yet. Now we're way too differ a thumbs up. Okay. One hour later, after the doctor gets put through playing and grab both the nurses and goes insists in front of me. Right and see him across the hallway to check his phone. He didn't, yeah, and eat a sandwich. He rose into the room to see me. Okay, here's the conversation. Here's the doctor. What's problem? I said, Well, I'm pretty sure I just located my shoulder. Why do you think that? I said, Well, that metal across ball can think protruding out of the front of my arm was the first indications. Second is I can't move it. Okay, So I'm feeling pretty confident about this. Well, we got to get an X ray, of course you do. An hour later, I got taken twenty five feet to the XT for everything, okay, which I could have crawled over there. I could have berely crawled and got there in four minutes. Okay, we had got a specialist to bring a real char down.
Speaker 2: Get me over there. Okay.
Speaker 6: Doctor comes back in, says, hey, you just looked at your shoulder? Did I look at him? Do you remember the great Sam Cansen? Oh do you remember back to school? Thank you, mister helper. Yeah, that's what I felt like. I appreciate man. So my shoulder just looking at so that's that ball? Is I shoulder? Mind?
Speaker 2: Okay, well I appreciate that. He said.
Speaker 6: Uh, this is what every er doctor says. EO doctor was a specialty player of a football team that I ain't even good at anything. Really. They just got to do a little bit of things good. He says, I could do this surgery or put it back, but I'm not going to. You know, I'm gonna call on somebody else. You know, I'm gonna call a specialist that I could do it. Of course you could. Okay, of course you could. So he calls in. It's like they're the people that when you call road to Ruter, The E R Doctor's the guy that answered the phone. He's not the guy coming out to clean the pipes. He's just the sub guy. That's what the yard doctors do. Okay. They all like to have it slept in months. And I don't think they have a real degree, to be honest.
Speaker 2: With you, I don't think they have a real degree.
Speaker 6: They're the bill gathers or doctors. They surround himself everything everybody around them to look. Doesn't sound good, but they don't do anything. All right, that's okay, all right, of course we have to get more test done, you know, Coleen Osby, we gotta get hair. You're in a fall for a shoulder, right, okay, because they're just pounded. They're hitting that bookcross the show car like dancing rabbit. Okay, like this. You see though they're hammer blue cart, it's.
Speaker 2: Still dislocated while you're sitting.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, sure it is, absolutely yeah, absolutely no nobody cares. And so I'm losing patience. Really, and I make this comment, hey, to everybody, when the morphine wears off, you're going to meet a man who's down here right now, right, He's gonna sound and act a lot different than this guy. Okay, you're not gonnack him. I'm just telling you coming, I just got you more morephine. Okay, that just that just comed back. Okay, all right, So so so Doogie Halder shows up. He's a five star out of Harvard, that's going to put the back the place. Okay, he's probably he's probably eighteen. I don't know who he is. And as they say, critis vacation him nervous. Okay, he doesn't want any part of it. He looked at it all and he's like, hey man, this is not really some want to do. I said, well, buddy, I've got to have a bucking place at has been place. He said, well, we may end up breaking the arm. I said, We'll do me a favor if you would just tie my right arm down before you put me under, that would be wise, because if you're not you we're gonna scrap all weaken, my left arms broken. When I get up, I'm sure i'll take a shot at you start right there.
Speaker 4: Stop my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they just told you that we may break your arm in the process of resetting your shoulder. Yeah, and this is the five star from Vanderbilt, Yes, eighteen arned.
Speaker 6: Look bottom lie, they get it in. It's all fine. They've been running my credit card now for two months at the Circle K. You know there's there's a Latino, Gross gyng the loop on there, right, Taco bells. It's all good.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show, h the man who removed the phrase what's You're no good? From Society Ricks.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're hanging out with Garowski. I do want to point you to heating sleep dot com slash big box. A customized mattress just probably would be better than one that wasn't customized. Right, Uh, just take the sleep quiz. Doesn't take long at all. Let me tell you this product is so good. I can I can count on one hand the number of things that Greg likes, and he and his wife have this, and almost I feel like we're getting that. Like you when you remember the term don't cross the streams whenever Garowski and Greg are in the same room, only the room can only handle so much negativity, you know what I mean. It's almost like y'all, y'all unite into like the superpower, but all mind back. Let him crank his up. Yes you have crana, So why don't you go right now? Let them design a mattress based on the information you give them, and they'll send it to you, slip quays Rick, Yeah, directly from their facility in Arizona, and then you have one hundred nights to sleep on it to make sure you love it, and if you don't, they give you money back. There you go. How about it is? Still it has been awarded the number one mattress by GQ and Wired Chiropractical Magazine, and recommended by chiropractors. To improve slip twenty percent off at helixsleep dot com, slash big Vox, or just use our link at Rick burgesshow dot com. So Garowski, how did this end? I mean, I know that you've already major case that emergency rooms are the DMV of medicine. Sonny. So doogiy Hauser is in front of you. He says, I might accidentally break your arm.
Speaker 6: Yes, he's not excited because that's not a good I mean, no surgery moant to come in after somebody else's surgery. So I understand that. I mean, we're talking about four weeks post off. So I mean, I'm still you know, we still got a red scar, right, I mean we're not We're not there. I wondn't do anything stupid. By the way, I was like told y'all, I've been over to my toes and my shoulder came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you were going to tell me, wasn't I wish I could say something shoe or something.
Speaker 6: I was playing golf. I ain't playing off in four weeks. That's part of it. It was a revert, but they call her reverse shoulder, and they basically get rid of your rotator cough for the most part, so you can recover faster, which is a great thing for me. And certainly you're in pain, but I mean it's like work through it. So I was working through it and it just got really tight and I've just bent over to touch my toes and oh, childress came out slip.
Speaker 2: So you're in front of you and Dougie. He says I might break your arm.
Speaker 6: You said, if you do, please tell the arm down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you don't, I'll use it against you.
Speaker 6: And then I had to tell about I was just kidding. Everybody just freaked out when I said that.
Speaker 2: Of course you weren't.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, let's don't miss this to that ar doctor. He's now five levels deep of people. That's how important he is. Okay, he's down the he can't even see in the room, and so everybody's in a room except him. Okay, I mean, lady ripped the ripped off my credit card that's out there, give to everybody in the street. She's in the room before he is. I mean, he's not anywhere to be seen, right, he just boss my wife arown ooh, yeah, I didn't know about that when I was under. You know that happened when I was under.
Speaker 2: Once he got to be about he's bossing. Why are you bosting? I mean, I mean I know about me. How did you get your shoulder back in that?
Speaker 6: They do that magic?
Speaker 2: You were on it? Were you out?
Speaker 6: I was out? I was out, and there's some push and shoving going on and whatever. She's seven, she kind of so, I mean, this just sounds funny. But we've done this a lot over the years. Okay. We talked about the numbers.
Speaker 2: How many surgeries.
Speaker 6: We're thirty three right now? Thirty three, yeah, twenty eight of those last six seven years, right.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: So literally I told her, hey, once you go home with a dog out while they're doing this, you were five minutes hospital at the dog out. If you sit here, I mean, really, we're past all that.
Speaker 2: We've done it so many times when.
Speaker 6: I sitting there having to give them the prayer list. Crap. Look, I'm gonna say you we're not doing that. Okay, we don't have to call every night on the PRAI I mean, we're not having to drop the Mike email all right, Okay, yes, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Nobody, I guess nobody be bringing your meals, No.
Speaker 6: No mills to not we have to actually go out you know what I'm saying. Okay, we're gonna dropping car, getting helicopter and his home and out there. So I just go feed the doll. You know what I mean, I can do it. Uber to my last surgery.
Speaker 2: I just said, you Uber to your last surgery.
Speaker 6: They brought you no no to the hospital what Uber eats?
Speaker 2: Uber get to the hospital.
Speaker 6: So what happened is so my wife goes home to the dog out. We've been there for five hours, yeah okay, And so while she had to be well, she we're five minutes from the hospital. You know, I really didn't care. I told he don't matter me. So when she comes back, they've started this process of getting my arm back in, and so she kind of walks in on it, and I'm sure it's some somebody want to look at. And so I think she started get a little instruction, which I mean, I appreciate it, right, Yeah, exactly before Yes, don't you know she said it made a sound like, oh, you wouldn't believe.
Speaker 2: That ball popped back in.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But the whole thing was I had to come back the next week and get surgery, and we could not leave down there. We weren't ready. So I said, just you stay here, take care of business. What she does, she helps gets the doll. I flew home, Bluber, got surgery, went to went back and flew back.
Speaker 2: Home.
Speaker 6: Brewser driver said, Manuel.
Speaker 1: Here is the Rick Burgess Show, broadcasting from the world, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Well, we're definitely keeping it real now with what's eating Scott Garashki. And we've covered emergency rooms of the d m V of Medicine. We've we've covered that. I think we've we've soundly covered that. If you want to spend some more time with Garroski and who wouldn't Mobile Alabama tomorrow night, Westmobile, Uh, Scott will be speaking of your next man church. You guys will be gathering there, uh, and you can if you want to go, just go get details at themanchurch dot com under events. So, Scott, you now have a list of don't get me started. Okay, don't get me started, call it. Don't get me started on all right, So what's the first one? But don't get me started on Latino crime babies in church?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 6: Wow, your Latino crying babies.
Speaker 2: Not just any crime baby.
Speaker 6: Well, we have two church homes now because we're in West Palm so much. I noticed we have Latinos in our inrogation. And I know those Latino babies have no supervision. They just cry and they scream. I mean, and I turn around and dad looks like Escletto and Nacho you know when he smiles he gets the corn. That's what dad, that can be like you, And I'm like, hey man, nobody thinks this is cute. Audios Paco grabs the young one, get out, all right, it's time and least. I can't stand screaming kids, and especially Latino kids screaming in church.
Speaker 2: Did you just say that the dad of the baby looked at you like Nacho Libro Escaltto did when he got the corner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's exactly what. Yeah, like it's so cute, you know, and you say no, it's not No, I say, Audiosco's speaking of uh, speaking of crime. Don't get me shorted on Christian coaches in the Lord's Prayer. Okay, Look, I don't think God cares that you have three Christians on your team. If he did, the Pistons would never win the World championship. All right, okay, all right. I think all the thinking Jesus is over is overdone. I really do. I mean it is. Look, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Look people do before every answer to every question, what's bad about it?
Speaker 12: This?
Speaker 6: Don't forget about the ogre Edward Zaran Okay we.
Speaker 2: Would have out there. We gonna kick.
Speaker 6: Come on, let's get the prayer. NI comea say Lord's Prayer and we're supposed to act like that he's some kind of big believer here after he's thrown a series of f bombs were come back in. But we're gonna get the prayer with tigers. I mean the prayer, the prayers to cover all that up. You know what I mean. It's not the nasal anthem and that's we turned into it. I'm just tired. Look when when when Holly road comes down to talk to you in between plays, and she says, hey, why did you choose to go for it on fourth and seven on your own thirty I don't want to hear you.
Speaker 2: Thank God, God's.
Speaker 6: Answering that question, is I am. He wants to know why he did as well, let's get on with the answer, because I mean, there's no reason to tell us again how much you love Jesus. We got it the first seven times, okay, and I love Jesus, but I mean I don't have to hear it over and over and over and over again. And now we hear this thing now, well, you know we're going to be having a good team. But our coaches with Christian, he's gonna get fired because you gotta win. Christian run. If you say people don't care. Look at Bill Belichick. He's deadying a woman forty eight years younger than himself. He didn't get hired by UNLV or New Hampshire University, Okay, he got hired by North Carolina. It's one of the great schools in our country.
Speaker 2: I tell you, I haven't seen Greg greenning like this.
Speaker 6: And along it's getting ready. He's getting ready to grin. Speaking of kids, Greg boy, don't get me starting on Shriner's Hospital.
Speaker 2: How in the world.
Speaker 6: Look Listen to me, Listen to me. That's exactly right. That guy's got to give it up. That one kid has made a run like no other. You know, he's been in good Dell's box, he's been at Tyson fights. Okay, he's in the F one pit crew. All right, the kid has made it. Passed the blanket to the next kid. Let another kid enjoy the fruits of their labor. The Shriners have through the boy on. He's had a good run. It's time to move it on. Oh absolutely, he's had it forever. He's lack commercial, he's but you can see he's.
Speaker 22: Good.
Speaker 6: But I mean there he was. I mean, but it's time to pass the blankets.
Speaker 3: I mean he does.
Speaker 6: He's in everything. So you're saying you made it, You've not only have you made it, I mean you've accomplished more than any of us have. One of the other young ones going to take take over? Okay, yeah, exactly. I mean I love the hospital, but I mean, you know, you know, the blaky pass it on. You've done enough speaking spaceships, spaceships, don't get me started.
Speaker 2: On a long as women with space, ok.
Speaker 6: Women, Okay, talking about the fast past the mission spaces Disney. That's all that is. That's it. That's all that it is. And they act like it's a it's a room full of rows of parks. You know that they've all just jumped in there and done something. I mean, yeah, it's like we got ladies and Saudi Arabia for the first time. Okay, they haven't done anything and said, went on the ride, and who parked it? How did you do on the path? I mean, who backed that thing down? If you got it, if you have a bunch of women that they can't back in it, have kurk feelers, back up when you know they're bumping I think coming down, hitting the side of it. I just don't even give me.
Speaker 2: A short about give.
Speaker 6: Me start, okay, speaking of tools, don't give me started on motorcycle cops. Motorcycle motor cops. Gosh, the Frank Patos of policing. Yeah, you know, and you know this, Greg, they always speed past, make these really jamatic turns when I was driving, but yeah, they're never right. They never ride speed limit drives speed limit Okay, they're always these these super freak guys. You know they'll have died mustaches hang out at a g n C. All right, they do, okay, And I'm going to tease tell you this straight up. As a construction worker, I wasn't defended that for get four gave men made the village people with instruction worker. I was offended they included police cap I mean, yeah, if you wouldn't, if you wouldn't putting mosaft cop in there, I'm fine. I was more offended by then putting a mosoft cop in the group and I was astruction worker.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? Do you want it to be? What if it was just a regular policeman.
Speaker 6: That really means get them out. I mean, look, which we're trying to get. You're saying I don't like SoC policemen. That's the bottom line.
Speaker 2: We made that clear.
Speaker 6: I mean I have, I got Miss Sherston. I've been a full squad over here speaking of dwarfs.
Speaker 2: It's that right, Calf. Yes, we're going, right, we're going.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't. Look, I've got a story by not I can't tell, but it has to do with my mother and.
Speaker 2: Personal. There was some persons.
Speaker 6: Those people will be a better band about the guy. I'm just telling you what's he doing anyway? The only straight guy? Okay, don't buy that. Okay, talk about mustaches? What about uh? I don't get me stort on all these bodied durance. Yes, but if you have to put the odorant down in your pants, you have a bigger problem. Okay, that's the problem. It's not of the older problem. You have a bigger you need to go see a doctor. Okay. We're past aerosols at that point time. Okay, we're done with it. But I mean if, yeah, if that's part of your routine, Okay, you've already got a bigger problem. And I called this trend. I called it last year with loom me. Remember that in shaving commercials you did Okay, I said that this is coming now. So now it's all all wars are out there. We do what everyone do and not so fresh spots.
Speaker 2: Yah. Yeah, And I don't even know about all that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: If that's a problem, go had Look, if you stay take care of it, you don't have to have a big commercial by it about it. Okay, I agree, don't look and don't get me start. Don't get me started on real dog food. Okay, forever I was told I couldn't feed my dog from table, that's correct. Okay. Now I've had two beasteless and my first one, Lucy, she went blind early in life and died. Fortunately for her, my wife never turned the lights on, so she didn't have much light in her life anyway, so she she got around pretty good for a light dog. She'd never seen anything anyway. We never turned lights on. One of the greatest inventions that God gave us. We don't turn our doll. I'm not sure why. We just gonna burn and fire. We're gonna burn horses, all right. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know sorrow, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean it was it called seven cents of a decade to ring an early day. We're not turning on though. I mean, I've I've hit my frip of toe. I mean, just you know anyway, side dog, the dog benefited really from in our house because we never see anything. But in the end, piss. You can't feed your doll table. I'm like, why her food says chicken and rice, and that's what I'm eating. That's okay, before they put the horse in there with it. This is just chicken and rice. Okay, Well, I mean so now it's all in. It's all hip to give them the food. Remember y'all, my grandfather had three beigeles. They ate whatever was eating for dinner. What was left he got put on a tray and sent out to the back. If they were a little light that night, that throw some more roy in there and mix it up. That's what they ate. Okay. And I don't think they would vet in their life, and they lived to be one hundred. Yeah, okay, And now we're back to the holding. You should feed you. You should only feed your pets this way. Make your mind Upuse now I'm back on dog food. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you got to be the opposite, right, you probably won't fit off the table because everybody wants you to.
Speaker 6: Now exactly on that right there. I mean, actually, no more food for you.
Speaker 2: Rosky's going all the way back to Jim Dandy.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh I floated them. Oh and it can't. Oh the gravy train. I had a little water in there, A little water to.
Speaker 2: The gravy train. I always wanted to try to try that. Oh my gosh, can you imagine putting that together. So are you? Do you feel better now?
Speaker 6: I feel a lot better, especially about the Shriners, because I've been bugging me.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you in there.
Speaker 6: I knew it was gonna I knew you. I'm going to tell me about that. But it's just the truth that, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, the kid, he has physically changed, he's grown up.
Speaker 6: Now it's been fifteen years. Yeah, okay, I mean he's made twenty five thirty million dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's time winning the food needs to go to the next guy. I mean, that's the bottom line. The winnied poop blanket has been out there for very long time. Mister winning, mister winning pool blanket that I'm asking to be a couple of past. Now it's a torch.
Speaker 2: Fast for the next past, the next one.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right, So let's take him minute right now, Blaze TV. You know, we're part of the Black Family, and we're fired up to officially welcome Nicole Shanahan and her show back to the people, to the Blaze family. Now, you might remember Nicole Silicon Valley attorney, entrepreneur advocate who spent years fighting for transparency freedom and real change. Been a major voice in the Make America Healthy Again movement with RFK Junior, you know, trying to push for a government that actually works for the people, not just the elites. What a concept. Her brand new Blaze TV show, Back to the People, Nicole's going to dig into the conversations that mainstream media often ignores, going to bring together experts, activists, everyday people to tackle tough issues, share untold stories, and find real solutions rooted in truth and humanity. So if you'd like to get a sneak peek before the show is actually on Blaze TV, go to her YouTube channel, go to YouTube dot com slash Nicole Shanahan, or you can just go to YouTube and search Nicole Shanahan. But her new tvor her new show, I should say, coming to Blaze TV very soon, Back to the People. So Blaze TV welcomes Nicole Shanahan to the team.
Speaker 1: Sure, we bleed a little bold Rick Birches.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're recovering from what's eating Scott Garowski. And you know the thing that I think about with Garowski that's helpful. Wow, when he when he dropped the shriner card, I thought where but now that I know you, after he made his point, you're kind of well, it's a great point. It really is that kids, he's kind of hoarding spots. He's made it out of there, he's and good for him. He's done well.
Speaker 5: He was so excited to bring that in front of you. You were running in, He's like, where's Greg because he knew how you were going to react?
Speaker 2: Did you see every time he's on, he delivers every single time. When we went to the commercial break, Adler Speedy nor I existed those those two and you are to heard some of the things that were talking about, sat back and watch see now I know him, if I know why he's going to react with those stuff at him, just to watch him get frustrated. Oh yeah. But well, and here's the thing that I think, it's almost like there's grace in what's happening with the Groski. See, he's upsetting people who can understand him, but there are a lot of people he's hard to understand when he talks. But I think that's actually grace. Yeah, there's certain things that people shouldn't hear. What they said that was radio had closed caption. What if he could clearly communicate the things he's saying that people who are a little sensitive, you know, it's almost like God's protecting their ears. And that's my goal though, to get it where because I want everybody to enjoy it.
Speaker 5: He had to leave because this segment, I wish we were showing him the national anthem that Adler saying, Oh we couldn't.
Speaker 4: That's not necessary. We don't have to do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, guys, you don't know. I had the joy of actually coaching I forget what age, maybe six, no, yeah, sixth graders with Groski one time. Yeah, an entire season. Oh how'd that goul? His interaction with parents and now you know, if you if you want your your kid to struggle, he'll make sure that happens, and the teams and make him earn it. And the team's gonna be intense, Yeah, really intense. Uh. We we weren't even that good compared to people who were playing, and we just meaned our way to second place, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Right? Uh?
Speaker 2: And uh and he's uh his I think that you know there's people now he will he will deny this. You know, there there's there's this, there's the categories here are the three categories. When it comes to confrontation. There's people who just will not do it. Yeah, they're never going to be in anything confrontational. They'll hide from it. They won't any they want any.
Speaker 1: Part of it.
Speaker 2: Then there's the category who do I don't. I mean, I don't know why anybody would like confrontation. They don't like it, but they're willing if it calls for it. They'll get in a confrontational situation. But they're not just going to get into any it's got to be worth it. They don't like it, they wish it wouldn't happen happening, but then they are willing to do it. Then there's Grossky. I really think that it's it feeds him. I think it's the air that he breathed. I think that without confrontation, and I don't think he could be happy. I don't think he could be at peace. You know, he needs a battle. You know, the these veterans, you know they used to be in the battle and down the last normal and they'd still want to mix it up. The day that GARROSSI told me that he has an entire fiul an entire file in his computer of various letters that he'd never sent two neighbors to employees, employers or people. He was When I say employers, people, they had business deals with people at church, I mean, And he said, some of them, I sin, some of I don't. He said, Now, the ones I've sent, obviously, you know, caused a lot of controversy, but he'll top them either way, and then they kind of sit there in the whole pattern. And uh and and he says, And what helps me is I'll go back and read the ones that I didn't send, so I can get it out of my system. But uh and it's like it just I don't know that he looks forward there. It just finds him. You know, these people things just yeah, things just find them. Yeah, you know, I wish now somebody put it up there. I wish we would ask him that question that's going around about the grill of verse one hundred men, as I guarantee he would have to take on. Well, yeah, there were there were people that were asking us I didn't read this one that if we could pick ten men dead or alive, who do we pick and the sake of the grill on? Yeah, two picks for me that are easy, Dad and Garrosky. Those those pics, those pics are already and then I'll go find the other eight. But those two are on and uh now, Greg, don't don't miss some of the things that have happened throughout the whole, the whole deal in Grotsky's life. I actually heard him say, and he may say this in mobile tomorrow night, it's the most honest answer I've ever heard. He said, you have heard the phrase pick your battles, And he said, and I have. I've picked them all and pretty good and I believe it. Oh, oh, I just pick them all. Oh. Uh so, so there there he is in he said, next time, tell him to not put the word pounding in colon Osco be so close together. Yeah, well right, well, but but there's certain certain things that he you know, and you know his dad was was you know, paralyzed for over forty years of his life. Wow. And you know I've seen you talk about somebody that will not let an able person park in a handicapped spot. Oh takes a part. Oh, if he sees it here he comes. Remember his story when when his dad went to ParaSail, Yes, yes, yes, yeah, yeah, don't don't forget that. His dad too, was actually robbed at gunpoint. Yeah, once he was and stopped the robbing, Yes, and went for he went for his gun and got got skim shot across his head.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh And and then and that led to the great line and and the d M vent of medicine that the emergency room when the woman asked Scott's dad for all his identification and he said, I'm sorry, girl, I can't seem to find that because the person who shot me in the head took it so made me a minute. Right, So let's deal with the fact I've been shot across my head and barely missed being dead. Right now, I'd like to first to get maybe those the injuries. So uh so it's uh, yeah he is, uh, he's back. Yeah, it was really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh And and I know this is hard to blaze. He's really a nice guy.
Speaker 2: He is. Oh, if he's in your camp, yeah, but you don't have a bigger defender now. He's not let you get away with anything. He I don't even think he knows what the word patronized means. I think if you brought that word up, he's go this is a strange word. I've never heard of it. Yeah. So the good news is if you if you get a compliment from him or an encouragement, you've earned it. Yeah and uh and and you know, and and then he kind of falls in that in between spot. He's not really thinking you did bad, but he's not gonna tell you did great. Yeah it's true. So all that true. Yeah, but but I'll tell you this. Uh, he's a he's an advocate to have if he's on your team. Yeah, and uh. And if you don't want to know how he feels about something, just please don't ask. No, if you can't handle the truth. No, I mean, I just don't. Don't do that thing where you just say I don't really mean you need. I'm just gonna try to be in conversation. So what do you think about it? He has opinions written down, ready to go, ready to go, and in all battles. Yeah, that's it. So imagine if he was a movie critic, Oh boy, he'd be a good one.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Somebody asks he met Gary. I think he has, Yeah, because he's been to the farm. Yeah, but did he and Gary actually get you know, because Gary can't get his name right. Hey, you gonna bring Gaboski down there. Yeah, of course you mean Garoski. Yeah, I just want to say it. Hey, is he gonna come hot? Oh Gboski. Top of the hour. The box seats are building outside. We've got another Burgess ball battle. Come in there, hang in there, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go America, brand new Iowa. Thank you for being with us as we worked through another one fasting from Louie. We got speedy Greg Adler all here this hour. The box seats have found their way in. We've got half of those have arrived. They come from all over. A Burgess small battle coming up today. The winner gets a chance to spend the wheel of bundles, bents or bucks and Tuesday the will gave five hundred bucks in and almost give with one thousand on Wednesday. Yeah, so it's starting to get hot again. It's as people warming up in the break, getting ready to go reading the text Nation. Somebody said, I once played church basketball against Scott Grooski. He's the most devash study church basketball post I've ever been up against. About that? Yeah, well you I mean you don't you don't play games with with with with you if he's down there, he's he's come to win. He has so, uh, we we will meet the folks that are here today. They brought some good stuff. You said, Yeah, kid, you're not going to know Taptoo is not gonna do well. He's already had one fretter. Well you already seeing there. That was five o'clock this morning, were talking about we got we got high dollar cupcakes in there. We got Oreo balls with Oreo balls with the white chocolate. Is that what's on this white chose a tough So I'm watering my mouse water water? Are you you're watering water?
Speaker 5: Have you ever liked somebody start watering?
Speaker 2: Maybe some fiber?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, do you guys have something that you wanted to do here? Because I've just remembered something.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. You know, we had the whole for you.
Speaker 4: We had the whole saga with Franklin the Turdle yesterday. It was a big one and I missed him. You know, we had we bonded with him. He was our friend. He fell in the console. We lost him for a second. We found him again and we're rescued him. And I was thinking that we we kind of needed a studio.
Speaker 2: Pet Oh, no, you didn't bring him.
Speaker 4: I needed to go get something out of my car really quick. I just remembered it's still in my car.
Speaker 2: And your sweet van.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a cool day.
Speaker 4: It's just starting to heat up. I should probably get you.
Speaker 5: Give me open a curtain so you can I can see you run there, mif Mike off.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yesterday he joked around a little bit about getting a fish for the studio.
Speaker 6: Fish.
Speaker 5: Surely he didn't have the fish in the van.
Speaker 2: If he had. If he had the fish in.
Speaker 5: That, I'm not cleaning that out every day saying you don't want to fish, that's him.
Speaker 2: It's going to stay in there. What are we talking to? Goldfish? I don't know. I'm just guessing. He just he said he was going to He wants us to have some kind of show mascot because of the whole Frank, Well, you could have kept the turtle. You could have done that. You keep up with the turtle. Did you say the lady shows a picture yesterday? The turtle is twenty years yes, yes, Why it's a fish, You've got it in a cup.
Speaker 3: What do you do? What do you do? Why?
Speaker 2: You've got it in a cup. We don't need a studio pet. No one's gonna take care of it. What kind is that? I can't tell what you got? What do you got?
Speaker 4: I can't believe he's alive. I forgot about him because you know, things get hectic here in the morning in the radio show. But yeah, here's our little buddy.
Speaker 5: Who's going to take care of him, like over the weekend and stuff?
Speaker 4: We could take turns taking him home over the weekend.
Speaker 5: No, no, night, No, this is your pet.
Speaker 4: It's like a class pet. It's a studio pet.
Speaker 2: I'm leaving for Omaha, Nebraska.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this isn't your weekend. Then this isn't your weekend? Then Rick?
Speaker 2: Okay, whose weekend is it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Speedy, Rick, Speedy, Greg, and I.
Speaker 2: Got stallions this weekend. I just don't like fish.
Speaker 4: All right, Well I'll take him this weekend. I'll be first lead by example. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So you're going to keep him in that cup? Well, I mean, what kind of fish is that?
Speaker 4: But it's a beta fish. It's a beta fish.
Speaker 2: Used to have those when you were a player.
Speaker 5: Sickly, don't be saying my clets baby.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I'm sorry you fed them.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, because some ciiclets are are like big and they'll get big like that. I had African cichlids, by the way, what.
Speaker 2: You had, Yes, buddy was saying about a race thing.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's not that's what that's what they're called. That's not what I was saying.
Speaker 2: We know you like black fish.
Speaker 4: But look, check them out. What should we name them?
Speaker 2: You guys, we have a studio adler's fish. I'd like to see it closer, so I.
Speaker 4: Check him out. He's pretty I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to come in there.
Speaker 5: A addler's running across the studio.
Speaker 4: So you went to keep them away from this, all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Now Rick is holding him up to his face.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't feel the connection to him. I said it floating. I think it's.
Speaker 5: Not doing well. It's not doing well.
Speaker 2: He looks good, So why why is he looks good? Why is he going to the surface? Is there no oxygen left in this little to keep him in a cup? No, you're keeping him in there.
Speaker 4: They keep him in a cup in the in the store. Keep him in a cup in the store.
Speaker 2: That's what temporary fixed and there's something that like when you order porking beans to go yeah to hole. What what are we doing?
Speaker 4: It's got a hole in the lid, it's got holding for air. He can go up to the surface.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't have to go to the surface. He has gills. Why why don't we You're gonna have to get some sort of fish bowl. He can't stay in this.
Speaker 4: I did see a coffee pot that we're not using in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: That would be would be cool to take it home every where every night you have food for him.
Speaker 4: I got food, yeah somewhere.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm not beef.
Speaker 4: Jerky over here.
Speaker 2: I'm just not connecting to this the way I did.
Speaker 4: Frankly, Well, it takes time. You can't. It's not gonna sometimes it's not love a first sight always right. What should we name it?
Speaker 2: Is it male or female?
Speaker 4: It's a male?
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: It's a male? If you look real close, fins are longer.
Speaker 2: Okay, you what we can do? Then beta fish? You put another one in there. They'll fight.
Speaker 4: That's there. They're like the Chinese fighting fishes, the like the.
Speaker 2: Is this an oriental fish? That's gonna help with the name. It has to be something oriental.
Speaker 4: I don't know where you even say oriental anymore.
Speaker 2: Rick people can say oriental.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can say orient rugs and rug only can Asian Asian.
Speaker 2: Let's call him Chin Chin. Yeah, that's not bad.
Speaker 4: Yeh Chin the fish. You don't even have a chin?
Speaker 2: How about this? What is this about an Asian? What about what about mister Chin, mister Chin, mister Chen or blue mister Chin.
Speaker 4: Bluey bubbles? What about bubbles?
Speaker 2: No, but how about dead? Because that's what he's got to Don't get attracted too much to him. You're not gonna have a relationship. I like mister Chen a lot, mister Chin, mister.
Speaker 4: To thanks guys, and thank you for helping agreeing to help me take care.
Speaker 2: Of could be could be Ching Chong do, mister Ching Chong Qing.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody says oriental or or what you are saying saying that.
Speaker 2: No one say what you just did. There's a there's somebody listening right now whose name is Ching Chong, and they like, what's wrong with me? There?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is not why I brought this fish here?
Speaker 2: Okay, mister Chan or new pet I like it, mister Chan the fish and you're gonna you're going to take care of him. Yeah, we're gonna take him home. Ruby and are gonna there's no chin. There's no scenario where the three of us take a fish on.
Speaker 4: Just so you know, are you guys with him good?
Speaker 7: With him being on the console all the time, He's like hanging out with you, is your buddy?
Speaker 2: I would like to see us upgrade his Yeah, I like to se in middle trans firm. Try coffee.
Speaker 4: I'll get the coffee by It sounds terrible, but it's better than that.
Speaker 2: It's a c And also it probably makes the fish a little more energetic because I'm sure there's fragments in it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So I'm glad you guys like it.
Speaker 12: I'm glad you got something.
Speaker 4: Did stay in a van all night?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I brought him into the house. But how about with it being in a cup? If it's in a couple of really good. So now we have a case for you guys to transfer home when it's your weekend.
Speaker 2: By the way, he's no Franklin over.
Speaker 6: To other water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you just dumping No, you gotta dump it, bass, You don't.
Speaker 1: That's what you do is the Rick Burchers show Men Don't Run in the Rain. The new book by Rick Birch's available everywhere.
Speaker 2: Thirteen, all right, so yeah, May thirteenth will be the launch. It will be everywhere audio, ebooks and also hardback. So yesterday, Sweedie, I want you to know and you set it up. I did the first podcast interview about the new book, right. It was The Art of Manliness. Was the podcast out of Oklahoma. I think Brett McKay. I think it was the host. Yeah, it sounded like you had a great conversation. I don't know when it's going to be available, hopefully after May thirteenth, but so look whenever that these can start coming out, and if you want to listen to some of those. I'm looking at the new dry erase board there in the conference room, and every time I walk in there there's another one on there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this, this this book coming out is gonna be quite a little adventure for the show. Yep, quite a little adventure for the show. It's going to lead to chaos. So it is good. Like I mean, I'm just going to say this out loud, and your anticipation is gonna begin going to begin to build I'm going on the seven hundred club.
Speaker 5: You are seven, really and going to them, not just zooming in.
Speaker 2: Picture it, going to Norfolk picture this. I haven't seen that. All I can think about is I hate my grandmother went to heaven before this. Yes, right, seriously, maybe she can see it. Yeah, that's a big deal, and I'm almost thankful that Papa is already in heaven. Yeah, yeah, so uh so. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine, man, don't run the rain sidebar? How to deal with baby brother?
Speaker 2: He's going on in, hasn't he?
Speaker 12: Pat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Pl I can remember his name, Pat Robertson.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's like his kids hosted now or something. So anyway, for the president, that's part of it. I see some things building he did.
Speaker 4: He passed in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: They gonna gonna go on with it, gonna go on with Hannity. But I think I don't think I have to leave for that one. The stone, No, you don't, Glenn Beck, gonna be a little that's gonna be fine. That's gonna be a tight Yeah, get off the air, get right back on there. We've actually he built out here a podcast studio just for all this. Yeah, they performed well yesterday.
Speaker 6: But yeah, good, good good.
Speaker 2: I know Gray is worried about that. Yeah, all right, so I got it going. I want to I want to point this out. This may be a missed opportunity. Right now, I'm still holding with mister Chin. Mister Chin.
Speaker 5: Mister Chow is pretty good too. Somebody back to Henry Choe. But somebody said, that's fun. Should the name name have been mister Miagi?
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not bad. It's just I don't say that a lot.
Speaker 2: It's going to have to say, mister Miaggie, a lot. That's long, wax on, wax off, speedy.
Speaker 4: You did not get all the coffee out of this coffee pot, all.
Speaker 5: Right, So mister it's for a fish. I look at him for two dollars fish.
Speaker 4: It was seven dollars. Yes, Why didn't think he's a deluxe beta standard?
Speaker 2: You know what he says about the fish? Don't you go bigger, go home? So we're now transferring. I like mister Chin. He just looks like mister Chin. You can do whatever. No, I like it, you know what you like? Look at he ain't gonna be here. Ster at him right now, and then I'll say mister Chin, or I'll say mister Miagi. He looks he looks more like mister chin. First of all, none of us are going to change his water. No, that ain't gonna have nothing.
Speaker 4: I'll show you how. I'll teach you how great you.
Speaker 2: Can teach me how you want to. I'm not fidling with it, all right, So adam, what are you doing? We're now transferring mister chin. This coffee pot is going to take him out to a coffee pot.
Speaker 4: You just got a little sip of air. What a buddy.
Speaker 2: So what do we do?
Speaker 4: But well, honestly, I don't think speedy clean this coffee pot out?
Speaker 2: Goo enough stop. I walk into the kitchen.
Speaker 5: There's a ring and there's two pots that that obviously are are like in reserve, and then they have we have the main one that's full of coffee right now, no thanks to Greg and and so I go in there and one is full of soap and water, and I went, okay, he's prepping this because the other one looks a little nasty if somebody.
Speaker 2: Left the burden right.
Speaker 5: So so so I'm like, well, let's let's wash this out. I fill it up, swash it around, pour it out about four or five?
Speaker 2: How many times? At least four? That's one.
Speaker 1: Did you add?
Speaker 2: Sound like no?
Speaker 5: I mean I didn't got count of one two, But I just know it was a while. Things got wet, counter of got wet, had to wipe it off all the tamest bring it in here, okay, And he's like.
Speaker 3: There's still coffee on the inside.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, then the man that's mister mister Chin would not like the smell of coffee in his house. Yeah, I think we all kill him.
Speaker 4: I think the caffeine would killin.
Speaker 2: We didn't go clean it.
Speaker 4: Okay, That's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna do, So we're not transferring Chin now.
Speaker 4: I don't feel good about it right now. So let's just you know.
Speaker 5: Well, I think I think we need to we have Gene Halman next, and then I think within thirty minutes you need to have it clean ready to go.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I can I can do that. I can do that. What a trans I can't fit my hand in here. My hands are gigantic.
Speaker 21: They can't fit in here.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. All that did for the audience is just tell them how small the coffee pop.
Speaker 4: Was, y'all? Know me, I got I got orangutan hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the first thing I think of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do tak arm hair?
Speaker 5: Do you have the droplets? I mean you're not putting it in tap water?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 4: I have water that is been, it's been out of the tap and it's good. Yeah, I've got good water for him. I brought water I brought.
Speaker 2: You don't have the drops in there. I didn't do the drops. You brought the drop fish man.
Speaker 7: He takes like twelve or twenty four hours for chlorine to come out of it. The chlorine will evaporate out of it because there is a little bit of chlorine in our tap water.
Speaker 4: I worked at the pet store, guys, I know about all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that in the shop.
Speaker 4: You bring up that store.
Speaker 2: Dang it, Greg, you bring up how to sweep out of Harley shop or how to work in a pet store.
Speaker 6: You got it?
Speaker 4: And will weigh in And honestly, I have two of these at home already, and I take great care of them.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: One's been alive for two years and one's been alive for a year. Are you s Yes. I bought them as birthday presents for my kids because my kids.
Speaker 2: What's their names?
Speaker 4: One is Uno and the other one is tooty Fish.
Speaker 2: Now we were asking what the name of your kids were.
Speaker 4: Oh, my kids?
Speaker 2: The name of a fish?
Speaker 4: Cold what tooty fish? I didn't name him. I was like, what do you want to name this one? They go Uno, and I'm like, okay, so there's Uno, and I'm thinking we're gonna have Uno and Dose. I go, all right, what about this one? And Ruby goes tooty Fish.
Speaker 5: Said, and it's stuck. Yes, will it stay here over the weekend and survive? Or are you gonna have to take it home?
Speaker 4: Well, if we have to take like an off weekend and Rick can't do it, then then can't do it.
Speaker 2: Even if I had nothing to do, and and like and I was so bored out of my mind.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 2: I thought, man, I'd like to take care of a fish. I wouldn't take it home. Okay, okay, I mean that that's that's never gonna You're not gonna get a lot of hair like this now, that's never gonna happen.
Speaker 4: He's actually a twin tail type. Better so that he's got two tails, so he's even more pretty.
Speaker 2: I can walk out in my backyard. Extra two dollars, I can walk out in my backyard and catch a more interesting pet.
Speaker 4: Okay, they had a turtle in here yesterday, and it's hard to beat a turtle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Franklin. Yeah, next up, hamster? Is anybody in.
Speaker 4: Tubes all around in the front of the console too?
Speaker 2: By the way, by the way, by the way, Greg, your son in law giving the other giving his brother in law a hard time about his kid's birthday coming up. That was hilarious. Riley's pretty pretty clever. Riley said he was bringing a hamster for his niece, but he didn't have anything to keep it in. He was sure they could all find something, Yeah, he said, So on the day of the birthday, it's just gonna be free range running all over the house. He's gonna bring there and troubles. So uh but but do y'all think anybody here think Franklin made it through the day or saying, I don't know.
Speaker 5: He kind of went under some leaves and was hiding when I left.
Speaker 4: So who said hi to him? Kind of in your mind? When he pulled up from work this morning.
Speaker 2: I completely forgot about it, oh harless. Yeah, I almost stepped on him, yester. Yeah, Greg almost stepped on him because Greg went from hey, this is an interesting turtle to ice cream. Yeah, and let me tell you, Type two was moving and he was bris that was pretty good flavor there. Yeah, well but Franklin here you paid the price? Yeah almost, step right on which one? Did you eat the green cake at the bridecake groom and good, real good? Okay it's got strawberries with chocolate on them and the chocolate yeah good. Would you be willing to try the bride's cake today? Nah, I'm coming on the mood. You're not in the mood, which means sugar rush. It means he said, all the goodies they just brought in. Yeah, there's no room for ice cream.
Speaker 4: Now there's that.
Speaker 2: Fredder was as big as a hubcap man. No, no, I mean if your kids had a birthday party and like the person forgot to bring the jumpy, the Fridder would have done it.
Speaker 5: It would it would It didn't stand a chance. He heat it up for like fifteen seconds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was good. I went in there, pretended to throw away just to watch him go nuts. Yeah, now throw away, I did forget the same, buzzing a little bit. Yeah, but are we ever going to come to the conclusion. How did Franklin end up in the lobby of this building? Now?
Speaker 5: That was I think so? I think you're right he was a pet.
Speaker 2: Did we get rid of some ice pet? Well, they should be more responsible.
Speaker 4: I think he just came in. I think he thought it was like a cave or something. He came in.
Speaker 3: But whoa, it's cold in this lobby.
Speaker 2: By the way, Did we just say that somebody should be more responsible pet owner while currently having a fish in a cup?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's yeah.
Speaker 4: I need to get something those yep.
Speaker 2: Geene Holman, what about Jackie Chans were calling me Jackie Tins. He looks like a mister Channer. Yeah, we'll talk to Geene Halmand.
Speaker 12: Next.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like eating lunch at the cool table the Rick Burgis Show come on.
Speaker 2: So now I'm having a blast another Rick Burgess show today and hanging out with the box seats and having a great time. So you may or may not know this. You know, when you when you're talking about the foods that we eat. Anytime that you're eating food, you're going to have accommodation of a couple of things going on. Uh, there's gonna be some things that are, you know, good in the food if you eating the right foods. So there could be things that are that are not so good. But many foods contain a mix of good and bad fatty acids, and when you say fatty acids, you really need to slow down, really need to slow down. So so anyway, and one of the best that the body loves I'm talking about at the cellular level is one that is hard to pronounce, and I think it's penta deconniac or something like that. P E T A D E c A n I O C. But you know what I'm glad is our friends at at fatty fifteen dot com said, Rick, you can just call it C fifteen. Okay, let's do that. So I think I'm gonna go with C fifteen. Almost named the fish that. But anyway, if you just take one a day, this is going to strengthen sales, it's going to vastly improve your longevity, slow your biological aging at the cellular level. Now, there's a lot to learn about this, and you can do that by going to fatty fifteen dot com, slash big Vox right now, we'll get you a ninety day supply of this great product at fifteen percent off if you use our ur L Fatty fifteen dot com slash Big Vox or just look at Rick burgesshow dot com. It's right there under the sponsors as well. So there's so many things going on that we've been talking about. And you know, if you are an indie fan or you just love a great event coming up, we're going to be having the Children's of Alabama Indie Grand Prix and Gene Holman. I just noticed something on what you gave me.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, you remember me tell you what I thought before? Oh yeah, yeah, all right, that's good.
Speaker 15: That's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, good, that's good. All right, So funny, yeah, Mover and shaker, Geene Howban standing by and Gene welcome back. What's going on, buddy.
Speaker 22: It's always great to have an intro with a bunch of laughs.
Speaker 2: Right before you come on.
Speaker 5: There's well, look, it's not nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: Anytime you make the decision I'm going to hang out with Rick Speedy, Greg and Adler. Don't you kind of know what you're getting into?
Speaker 22: Yes?
Speaker 23: I do.
Speaker 22: It's like back in the old days at Grace then Ala My House Part two.
Speaker 4: So I'm ready.
Speaker 2: You know what feels great about all those years, the thirty one years that we and most of that we work with you and we were doing the Rick and Bubba Show, is that we I finally came to the conclusion, after all the things we did and all the situations that we put you in, I can only come to one conclusion that we're more fine than we are crazy, because because we've done things that you should have long ended your relationship with and you keep coming back, which means we must bring something to the tape ride.
Speaker 22: You do you do in your family that's most important.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, and you know all you want family. Let's face it, we've all been to family re unions before and thought to ourselves, there's no way I'm kin to you, right, So Jean, let's talk a little bit. I remember when this idea was first put forward, bring the indie series to Sweet Home Alabama. As much as we love our home state and we've promoted many events with you, a lot of people didn't believe in this. They were like, this is not going to work, and here we are years later, and this is a premiere event where people come from all over the world. I mean literally all over the world.
Speaker 22: Rick True's story when we first settled on the concept of pursuing Indy Car as the premiere event at the Barber Motorsports Park, I flew to Saint Peter's, Florida, to an IndyCar event and went up and introduced myself to the head of IndyCar at the time, Tony George, whose grandfather started at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. And I explained my situation, and honest to goodness, he looked at me, laughed and walked off.
Speaker 2: No, I bet wow.
Speaker 22: So two years later we're sitting with the Governor Riley and him and mister Barber, and he looked at the three of us and said, all right, we're in.
Speaker 4: We're coming.
Speaker 22: So it took a two year courtship to get them to come. And then even when the announcement was made, there were a lot of skeptics open wheel racing in the Deep South. Well, NASCAR continues to thrive and we continue to thrive. There's room for both. This is our fifteenth year hosting the IndyCar Series here in Birmingham.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can't believe it's been fifteen. I really can't.
Speaker 22: I can't either. It's been a blur, but you know it's really gotten a whole lot more pop to I point to the Netflix series The Drive Netflix, uh, sort of docuseries that they have, Oh yeah, great Drive to Survive, and that that attracts a lot of open wheel racing fans and and that lifted up F one and it's a turn that lifted up Indy Car. And we've got a new television broadcast partner this year in Fox, who shows all the races on network television, and ratings are through the roof. Our attendance continues to grow. This year, we sold tickets in forty four states and in nine countries.
Speaker 2: Good night, Gene. I'm telling you it wasn't too long ago. And I'm trying to remember where I was. Was I was I on a plane? I cannot remember, but I'm you know, getting to know somebody talking to them and that they were from Europe. Uh. And we were discussing and tell them where I was from. And they said, oh, that that's that's where the Indie race is. And I said, I said, what would excuse me, and they said, yeah, that that that track there, what is it? And I said, youre talking about Barbara Motorsports Park, and but yeah, yeah, yeah, we've come and watched the race there. Uh and and so when when it when when you hear that that you're talking to someone in another country and you bring up our state, Normally other things are said if they have any knowledge of it all. But this person was aware of the beauty of this facility. And that was one of the things I think that really helped in the early days is the facility was there. Uh, if we could just convince Indy that you could bring people out, which we've done. I don't think the facility was ever a problem. I know we made some adjustments earlier to kind of help with passing and all that, but boy, that facility is that it's not its first class all the way.
Speaker 22: Well, a quick story about that facility. It's the vision of George Barber. He donated all the money to a five oh one c three not for profit to to build the facility. So he paid for the whole thing out of this pocket. He doesn't own anything out there.
Speaker 12: Charity.
Speaker 22: A five O one C three foundation owns everything out there, and he has no financial interest in the facility at all. He's certainly not making money. Just quite the contrary. He's funded the whole project and he did it because of his love of this area and this community in racing. And it's been such an economic catalyst for our state. I go back to that ticket stat not only have we sold tickets in forty four states, but over half the tickets sold have been to people outside the state of Alabama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been great for tourism, great for our state with all these people bringing in their money to spend it all the different things while they're here. So Indiealabama dot com, Geene, tell me a little bit about this weekend. If I'm coming, things I can expect and if are there are there any tickets available?
Speaker 22: Yes, there are. Tickets have gone extremely well though, but there are available Today. Mainly we've got UH testing and practice sessions. But it's a good day to come where you if you're really a gearhead, frankly, you can. You can see a whole lot and enjoy it and get into the garages and pit areas and and and see the teams in action.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 22: Tomorrow we have IndyCar qualifying uh in the afternoon, which is a very big deal. On a road track, your pole position, your starting position in the grid is so so important.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 22: And then on Sunday.
Speaker 2: We've got the big race.
Speaker 22: Uh, the IndyCars Green flag goes about one thirty. We've got five races over three days and there it goes the dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just right on. Que you know you get on radio every.
Speaker 2: Day every time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Uh, but it we expect large crowds. The ticket sales thus far have been pacing ahead of every year except for the very first year. So this could be a very very large crowd that we're prepared for. We feared up for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So go to that website right now, Children's of Alabama, Indie Grand Prix race weekend, you know, and don't forget while you're there, you got to go to the museum. The Motorcycle Museum is mind boggling. I mean, even if you're not even interested in motorcycles, it's still something to see.
Speaker 22: Well's the largest collection of motorcycles in the world, according to Guinness. It took about two years for Guinness to certify it. Yet's go through an extensive process, but they came back and said, it's the largest in the world, and it's just beautiful. It's you can't describe it unless you see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so make plans to be there. We're going to have I think when you look at the forecast, you know there's gonna be some things on and off, but during the time that we're going to be racing, the weather actually is going to be quite beautiful. So be also a good a good weekend. Alabama kind of shows out in the spring. So if you're coming to see us, come on. If you think you now you know what I think I can get there either locally or somewhere else. Go to Indiealabama dot com and be part of the weekend, the Children's of Alabama Indie Grand Prix Race Weekend. Gene, thanks for always including us, and we look forward. So you're gonna be back in here pretty soon, and we're gonna be talking about a week from Monday, we're gonna be talking about our live broadcast from Regions and Calvin Speedy Wilburn playing in the program. And you think, well, that's interesting, But what's interesting about that? That means he means he actually leaves behind with no supervision. J ain't get ready for anything, and I'm bringing Gary Jane. Hey did you tell? Did you?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 2: Did you tell Gene? I'm coming? I mean I need to get a polo. I ain't got no polo. Thanks Gene.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get hold on the show, no by calling one eight eight eight six big bucks.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what we're doing, opening up all lines and you America, you can join us now. Unscreened phone calls has become a very popular segment. Now on the program, all ten lines, and we don't boo with you know, hey, somebody answering, Let me put your own hold and let me dan you are on tacabam. Then we lose a member of the team. So this is set up right now. Will you just call. All you're gonna hear is ringing, and as the phone is ringing, and when you hear us answer, you're on the show. So the number is a D eight eight, the number six big box, and you are picking the topics Burgess Ball Battle coming up a little bit later on next hour. Also while you're calling, and I'll see those lines lining up. Now there's room for you. Remember this weekend a lot going on. I leave today, Lord Willing for Omaha, Nebraska. I'll be speaking there tomorrow for their Men's event at west Side Church with Blake Prime the Teals at the Manchurch dot com under upcoming Events. Also Garroski, we had What's Eating's gott Garroski earlier in the program. Catch it in the archive if you missed it. He'll be at Westmobile Baptist Church tomorrow at five for their next man Church and Speedy This weekend is with them Stallions.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, that'll be on Sunday for their game of Protective And also we'll be in Birmingham tomorrow with CND Home Solutions. They're at what is it called Smity You gave me the name of it. I got it right here.
Speaker 5: It's the Magic City Wine Fest and they have a booth that's going there, and I'll be at their booth. I think it's Booth forty one. A lot of booths, but I'll be at their booth and appreciate their sponsorship.
Speaker 2: And and I did know the name of it, but I'm Baptist, so I couldn't say it. Okay.
Speaker 5: By the way, I'm not partaking wine.
Speaker 2: I mean my wine makes me feel fine. Gonna have me a holiday.
Speaker 4: By the way honestly, uh n nice cn D Home Solutions. You all remember the whole saga with my deck. Oh yeah, I was the contractor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was me and Lee Hubbard brought you some some of your lumber.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I did all the supplies. I did all that and it was wow, headache and oh my goodness. I actually now I want to I want to cover that deck and screening in Mosquitos.
Speaker 7: Mosquitos, the leaves are terrible. Is this It's crazy? And that honestly effectively like double the size of my living room, you know what I mean. I'm gonna kind of make it like a.
Speaker 4: Flow through situation. Anyways, C and D came out and they gave me an estimate and they were awesome professional. Uh the price was great and and they got the quote back to me real quickly because it's a complicated process and I just can't say that that was actually that's I have actual experience with you, that's right, And they did an awesome job.
Speaker 2: Yeah forty one, Rick Bird, you show unscreened phone calls your own, Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Good morning, This is Vicky from my rab Vicky. I love calling y'all. It makes me so happy. I just almost have to base the red tape. I mean, I'm bigging at the base red tape anyway, But anyway, it makes me so happy. But listen, I wanted to just say I'm glad Abler has had a better way. I was torn up about that picture because hey, it looks like y'all are Charlie's angels, and then just decided to stick him out there on the side.
Speaker 4: But Vicky, you're talking about the picture on the homepage and the picture on the wall, and the picture on the cover of magazines where it looked like some weirdo homeless person and y'all look took the best pictures of your entire live I think.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what's wrong. You look a little surprised.
Speaker 4: I look like I pooped in my pants.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what it looks like a little bit. Is this one of those shows where they do you makeover and of course where the people have are act together and we're trying to help this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, who's the homeless guy?
Speaker 12: My goodness?
Speaker 2: We continue Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls your own Go right ahead, Rick Burgess, this is Rick Burgess and Speedy and Adler and Greg.
Speaker 21: Hey, this is Ray out of Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 13: Uh have you seen what Oklahoma church is trying to have the taxpayers pay for funding?
Speaker 24: And what's your thought about that?
Speaker 2: I have not no, Uh the I gotta tell you, I wasn't expecting that. Yeah. I don't know the details of that Ray for Mississippi particular church, but but will what I would say is, yeah, I would be perplexed by the church asking the taxpayers to build something for them. My goodness that that would be an odd setup. Yeah, you know it's a I wonder if the separation of Church and state people will speak up on that one. Yeah, even though it's an establishment clause and they probably won't do it right. But now that doesn't that didn't I wouldn't care for that plan, but I shouldn't say that since I don't know the details.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: We continue, h Rick, Bird just show unscreened phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 21: Hey, Rick, it's Brad from South Dakota.
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, wow, man.
Speaker 24: We are fired up to see y'all in Omaha.
Speaker 2: Man oh man. You what a great city. We love going there and it was good to see you. You weren't were you there last year? I know you were two years ago. Uh but yeah, yeah, you were there last year. So let me just go ahead and tell you this, Brad. Let me just give your heads up and I'll probably talk about before the show's over. You know, it's one thing for me to come there by myself or to bring Wing go. I'm bringing Blake Prime, and I'm gonna tell you as soon as you see him, and he's gonna be looking at what we're he and I'll just I want to prepare you for that. Okay.
Speaker 20: And I met Blake in uh Startville and yeah, yeah, yep, I got corn bread and toe so uh oh.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good day. Well okay, hey, when I see you tomorrow, he's over to the side, and be sure. Just don't bring any attention to it.
Speaker 24: Okay, we'll keep it down home because I.
Speaker 2: Said, what's that, Brad, you need me out in the lobby? Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so like going one way and get Rick going to the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look forward to seeing you tomorrow. U appreciate man.
Speaker 9: I got about twelve guys coming.
Speaker 2: Oh good, looking forward to it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks man, Thanks for the encouragement. Always see you tomorrow. Uh, that's gonna be a blast. He's bringing cornback. You know, that's one they got talked to you. I've never traveled with Prime before.
Speaker 5: Well, here's what you're gonna have to tell Prime.
Speaker 2: And he gets it. He understands.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is a judgment free trip, you know, but just just go have fun.
Speaker 2: But when I went to Tennessee, it was it was quick, straight up, straight back. This is gonna involve airports and you know, and and swapping planes and layovers and you know, you know what happens. And I get an airport and layovers.
Speaker 5: I know, get hungry and start looking around. Boy, Yeah, that's that's Adler's thing. Okay, I'm sorry. We're sending pictures. I think that's just his look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking about somebody puts something on the tab.
Speaker 4: She was blinking. I've saved her. Nobody's looking at the fact that she blinked in the picture.
Speaker 2: So that's open your eyes. Double. Have you ever blinked. I've never seen you blink. Oh he doesn't.
Speaker 4: I blink sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 4: I'm blinked. I've blinked.
Speaker 2: If somebody tells you not to blink.
Speaker 4: It makes it hard.
Speaker 7: I've got contacts and those things will dry up in a second. It's like having a plastic bag in your eyes.
Speaker 4: Horrible.
Speaker 2: What kind of bizarre picture is this woman just sent to the text line here? Yeah, that's a big year end.
Speaker 4: That's outside the studio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I made like she kissed you on the booty right there?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: What is this? A? Is that why y'all don't like having me around? Because I make they'll look tall and normal and all that. Yeah, because that's kind of uncool, exactly.
Speaker 2: It's not the only reason.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Well that's a nice moments.
Speaker 4: Me and mister chann are gonna hang out by yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's star fish. No way time, way to center mine?
Speaker 1: Is there?
Speaker 6: No way?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Listen. You know, like we say, you gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: All right, America, it is a brand new hour. We are ready to go. There will be a Burgess fall battle this hour. Speedy, Greg and Adler they're all here. We have covered a lot today and if you have missed it, you can go back and catch it. On the Daily Archives, either on our YouTube channel or you can also can find it on our podcast channel, whichever you prefer. All right, so this hour we will get started with our seats. I will tell you today we had ten people that had reserve seats. Two of them had a work conflict, so we knew that, and the other four we haven't heard from them. We don't know what happened. We don't know if they've been abducted by aliens. We don't know if they got in some sort of traffic jam and never made it. And I know that for those of you out there that work tirelessly and sit by the computer and you try so hard to get tickets here and they're hard to come by, that when you see empty seats, you're like, well, what is the deal?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: So they they booked them, they held them, and they didn't get here. And unless we missed an email or something, yeah, might maybe they got mad at Speedy, Maybe they knew they were afraid. Maybe they thought that that was it. Maybe they thought that Garowski might do what's eating Scott Grosski with them in the room. I don't know, but just so know that that those were reserved, and we the people that didn't come, we have not heard from them, so I hope they're fine. We do hope they're okay, of course we do. Greg. We'd like to have heard from a lot of people. When if you get stuck on two eighty, they'll text or something, and maybe we missed it. I don't know, No, I know, I'm just trying to be nice. Okay, So so I don't know what happened. I slept in, but this this is the kind of stuff that angers people that can't get in. Yeah, we did have.
Speaker 5: We did have a couple of emails late last night said they got called into work, which is that's way. But then we were down to eight and uh so.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know where the other four are. I don't know. This is that point where you kind of you almost walk down the parking lot, find a homeless guy and say, today's your day. But you know that since we've gone to the new and this situation that hadn't been you know, the whole place, A lot of times we're doing every day and they were so available, you'd have no shows. But we rarely have the right a route. I hope they're okay that there might have been something that happened. That's two of us have said it. I chimed in adders you have to say helps her? Okay, I don't care.
Speaker 5: Okay, obviously something about in their life to where they couldn't be here, and I'm sure they wish they were.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, okay, but but you know what, then.
Speaker 5: You we're going to do what's that these four right here battle, which is a kind of a little bit uncomfortable because it's two couples.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna take on you? I know, well, really you're gonna have two couples against each other no matter how this turns out there and it could be husband against wife. Yeah, now that gets you pretty good shape for the wheel because if I mean, if you can get out because I have a feeling she wins, you ain't gonna get into the money.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: But so, uh, speedy, why don't you I'm handing.
Speaker 3: Over to you. Here we go.
Speaker 2: You're over at the court. You're ready for the burgess ball battle. I am who's involved.
Speaker 5: I am looking at two names that Greg drew out of the tuber hat and and they match up.
Speaker 4: Richard Hammonds.
Speaker 2: Oh, here comes Richard.
Speaker 5: Taking on Tim Kern.
Speaker 2: Oh dudes, I know y'all thought I said that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sir, on.
Speaker 2: Both have you your own lane.
Speaker 5: There's four balls here, so you just grab them as you go and shoot them.
Speaker 2: You have thirty seconds.
Speaker 5: The last ten seconds.
Speaker 2: The twos count.
Speaker 5: As threes, so if you get a little bit behind, don't worry. You have a chance to come back. We've had folks do that before. Okay, so I'm gonna get it ready here and get it on. Two players. Everybody get where you need to be, and I will tell you after the applause when we start and go.
Speaker 2: Here we go and here we go. We are off. Richard takes a quick lead.
Speaker 5: No, it's tides now Richard and Tim out.
Speaker 2: Tim.
Speaker 4: That's tied at four four.
Speaker 5: We have one going Granny one going overhand. Right now it is ten to six, Tim over Richard, now fourteen to eight sixteen to Tam over Richard.
Speaker 2: We're getting down to ten seconds. Now the three start.
Speaker 4: Here come the threes.
Speaker 5: We've got eighteen fourteen Tim over Richard, twenty one, seventeen Tim over Richard.
Speaker 4: We got twenty one.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Richard has come back. Oh no, Tam is hit it's twenty.
Speaker 4: Four, twenty three, Tam wins.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, what came down last?
Speaker 2: What we've ever had. That's the best burger small battle we've ever had. It went down to the wire, all right, Tim, it's well time, baby, all right? So what you need to do now you've won the chance at the wheel, and all you have to say is it's will to me, and then you give that thing a spin. And you know, tusdy Tuesday, Tim, it produced money. We don't know how it's gonna go today. And do you see where that toggle is resting on helium?
Speaker 12: Boy?
Speaker 2: Right there, that one nearly gave somebody Wednesday one thousand dollars. So when you're ready, you say it's will to me? And there he just said it. Here he goes. There we go.
Speaker 6: I like that, like the pool.
Speaker 2: Let's see what Tim can do. He's earned the right, Tim, He's earned the right, Tim, Tim, Tim Tim Tim Tim.
Speaker 25: Tim one thousand, one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh my good, buddy's devastated.
Speaker 5: Richard can't believe it, Oh, Richard, you can't now, Richard, Jim.
Speaker 2: Tim one thousand money, one thousand dollars, Holy mackerel, good gracious.
Speaker 12: Lee.
Speaker 4: He didn't know what to do. Listen.
Speaker 2: I mean he's gonna get ten ninety nine, but he didn't know what he is. Yeah, all right, Richard, you were.
Speaker 4: Twenty four to twenty three was the final?
Speaker 2: Don't forget that. Yeah one one shot, Richard, you lost by one point. What would have happened? Will now find out? Now you're not gonna win anything. Wow, But when you're ready, say it's not will to me, and then spend it and let's see what would have happened? Okay, and he goes a reverse He is devastating, unbelievable. Wow, you brought us teacher. Tim Kern has won one thousand dollars richer you would have gotten well blazed TV.
Speaker 3: Not bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know it's nice, but at least it didn't do it. At least it didn't land no money because you would have chosen the reverse spin. Tim Kern has just won the Burgess Ball battle and has spun himself one thousand dollars. One thousand dollars just guys like I say, probably the closest finish we've had in Burgess Ball. Then spend a thousand what what? What did that? What?
Speaker 5: But that they came quite a distance, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are the ones from North North Carolina and they found the ship. Well, Rick, you're gonna interview. We're about to talk to him next. Rick, to give yourself a little bit of a preap.
Speaker 5: We're all a speechless right now that he's just won a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: You think we're speechless, look at Richard who lost by just devastated. I mean by one point.
Speaker 5: Tim can't even enjoy it because he's feeling he feels weird.
Speaker 2: Because if you're standing right, I don't see Tim feeling worried about this at all. You must be looking at a different team. He's driving his forehead a lot.
Speaker 3: He's looking from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right? Or is that speedy? I'm sorry he's balled this.
Speaker 1: Here's the Rick Burgess show. He was told good luck finding a job that would pay him to be the class cloud Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Sometimes God just has a sense of humor. So here we are, thanks for being with us today. Have you been thinking about what's again? Mama? Mother's day's coming up? Maybe eleven may I suggest some raycon here, buds. I will tell you that little Sherry Birdes is getting her some she's got her earbudgs. Is she ready to go? And apparently I'm supposed to pass along to the whim. They've got some new cute colors all they do, so so check that out by raycon dot com slash big Vox. Now, let me tell you, mama's gonna like the noise isolation. Now a lot of times Mama needs to know what's going on. So the awareness mode is there too. If if the battery gets run down, there's thirty two hours worth of battery. But if it runs down, mama can get ninety minutes by charging about ten minutes. So I mean this is their new quick charge function. Ten minutes of charging ninety minutes a battery comes back. So also their thirty day happiness guarantee. If Mama doesn't like them, they'll give your money back. She's gonna love them too. And you've got the multipoint connectivity you know you've got. It's just these are great. They fit really snug. They don't look goofy like some of the other brands. So in the premium audio category and that in that space right there, they're about half the price of the others, okay, and they're giving you the same, if not better, and then you can get an additional savings we're taking here. Of that, we'll give you another twenty percent off all across the site at by Raycon dot com slash big Box by Raycon dot com slash big Box. Also look for that link right there at Rick Burgess Show dot Com under sponsor. So we do have the box seats today, Well, let's let's go ahead and get the first one out of the way. Say hello to Richard and Natalie Hammond's here they come. Richard just lost the Burgess ball battle by one point and he his way over. He has been kind enough to bring us some shirts today, which is really nice. He wishes right now he had them back, but thank you for the gift. Brother Richard. You're welcome, all right. So just to tell us, where are you from?
Speaker 26: We always debate on that because we live out in the country, so it's kind of hard to describe. We We live in between real Town and Noasaga. We both graduated from real Town High School, so it's not a real town though. It's a crossroads with a caution light the high school, so.
Speaker 2: Out of town. Richard, you your wife Natalie share with you yes, and you told us something a minute ago.
Speaker 26: Please don't bring that up.
Speaker 2: Should I let that go?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Let it go? Okay, let it go, let it go. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Uh well, now I want to know because I missed it.
Speaker 2: You remember the tell you next break? You remember the email.
Speaker 5: And uh yeah and about yeah yeah yeah that one.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 26: Yeah, We'll just let it go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they misunderstood. She's not well, I know she's beautiful. Yeah she is. She is absolutely beautiful, even though big women can be beautiful to Richard and get seven bou o, let that go. You weren't referring to her, I know.
Speaker 26: And she's gonna take those Oreo balls delicious them.
Speaker 2: I've had that, I've had cupcake. I'm on fire. Yeah. So, uh so you got any questions or shout out showing the questions asked?
Speaker 26: Not really any questions. Shout out to our daughters Sage and Jilly, uh, and our son in law Coal, and our grandson Case absolute.
Speaker 2: Love of our life. Oh yeah and everything. So uh.
Speaker 26: Shout out to the real Town Rebels uh the two A state football champions last year and they're currently in Cottonwood today fighting to make their way through the baseball.
Speaker 2: Wo we got a good athlete. Yeah, and so do you don't think he's ken of bones? Do you a little bit bones bones cousin?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 2: And well, thank you for sporting the show. If you were telling me, uh yeah that you you guys listen not to I ninety two. Yes, yeah, so thank you very much. Yeah. And then you watch on YouTube when you're when you're working on your computer you're supposed to be working. Yeah. Uh so, Richard and Nadley Hammond's there there. Thank you all for coming up. Thank you Oreo balls. What a great choice. Richard, still a little bitter, Richard, Sherry and Tim Kerr.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Sherry and Tim Kerrent here to go. So they have an interesting story. Okay, So so Tim, first of all, congratulations on winning the Burgess ball battle and picking up one thousand dollars. Feel good to hear. Yes, oh yeah, And Sherry, I guess you're excited about that too.
Speaker 27: It's not the best luck of anyone.
Speaker 4: Does he ever?
Speaker 2: You know, I know people like that. They went every drawing he does. Well, that's good. I wish that has me.
Speaker 4: That's not me.
Speaker 2: Never happened to me. So the raffle drawings and all that you win. Yes, you really know he's one of these people.
Speaker 5: How about we're all holding that little red ticket and you're looking at the number.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If I was in the Burgish ball battle and the shot was going in to win by one point, the ball would explode in me there. Yeah, what happened to the ball?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh So you found the Rick and Bubba show thirty one years of that why in Virginia.
Speaker 23: In Virginia, okay, and that outside of Richmond. It was in Blackstone. Yeah, And I was driving about an hour and fifteen from Powatan, Virginia to Chester, Virginia to work and I caught it and I listened for the whole year in two thousand and eight, and then they immediately.
Speaker 1: Just dropped it.
Speaker 2: Just that happened like like yesterday.
Speaker 23: I was like, where did he go? And then I started following some of his stuff on YouTube and later on, but I've seen a bunch of other stuff and.
Speaker 4: Then we now we catch it all on.
Speaker 2: YouTube and you're in where we pardon.
Speaker 23: Charlotte, North Carolina, Charlotte or south of Charlotte, Unionville, North.
Speaker 2: Carolin, Unionville, North Carolina. Okay, All right, and we got all your information seeing you the check right. Oh yeah, we're going to get that. We'll handle that. I brought some pastries too.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Where's that from a bakery?
Speaker 27: Nothing bunk cakes. You'll got one right down the road.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, don't worry type to hit.
Speaker 1: That har We thought of him.
Speaker 2: We were worried. I'm good, don't word sugar. You still got some bio right there. So you don't have any shout outs your questions.
Speaker 22: You got any questions, You got the questions later.
Speaker 2: Okay, you had a few questions. You want to ask about the study of Joe Bright.
Speaker 27: Yea, I've been listening to that. That's great study.
Speaker 2: Oh you know that that is a provocative book of the Bible.
Speaker 27: I think you have a lot of women listening to that men's study.
Speaker 2: Well, what we did when we put it out on YouTube and now we have it on the archives. At that point it still stays a men's Bible study in the room, but then it's men and women who watch it and listen to it wherever.
Speaker 27: So my question was who did God reveal the conversation between Lucifer or Satan and the Lord? Who reveal who entered that in yeah.
Speaker 2: When you look at all the you know, we don't know the answer to that. But when you look at the probable writers of Job, the one that in Sherry was just talking to me about this because you know she she's incredible source when it comes to this kind of stuff. And if you look at all the timelines, we know that Abraham didn't write anything, Jacob didn't write anything, and so we tend to believe that this was given to Moses and that Moses likely wrote it. So that now that's not that that is not that's not in stone. But if you just kind of logically think it out when you think about the timeline and you know that Abraham is not credited with anything, Jacob wasn't credited with writing anything, and Moses was the one that gave us that whole narrative, that it's likely that this revelation was given to Job and that he's the one that documented this for us. There you go. So that's a great question though, and you really look at Job a whole different way. You have to keep reminding yourself through the study. And we say this as you know all the time that he is not aware of this conversation between God and Satan. See we know that, so as we're watching, we're like, hey, here's what's going on, here's what's happening. He didn't know that until much later when it's revealed to him. And really, God never really tells him about the conversation. He just tells him who he is.
Speaker 27: So God revealed it to Job at some point.
Speaker 2: Well, he revealed who he was and what he was doing, but we don't really know whether he ever explained he explains why he's doing it. Joe gets it at the end, but there's no documentation of him saying exactly about the conversation. So so there you go. Yeah, well, thank you, good to see both of you. Yeah, and congratulations town. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. This is what Trump had in mind when he sought to make America great again. The Rick Burgers Shows.
Speaker 2: So we're back. Thanks for being with us today. We've run a lot down and if you missed any of it, you can catch it today on the archives. You can get the archives on our YouTube channel and get them on our podcast channel, whichever works best for you. And this weekend, those of you we've been looking back and remembering, you know, the thirty one years of the Rick and Bubba's show, we got our own podcast. Now it is Ricking Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold and fifteen episodes are now available wherever you get podcast asked.
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: And another one will be coming out sometime this weekend. Uh. And then we've got another announcement coming up next week involving another podcast that we may be start where we will be starting next week with Blaze TV. Sure ye, sure so, So a lot going on around here, A lot going on around here, all right, So I wanted to share this with you guys.
Speaker 12: See if y'all all right?
Speaker 2: So these are these are actual emails. So, and I wonder Greg, this may be almost in a right Again, it's not a good topic for you. I don't know that you know that much about this. I'm just wondering if y'all have heard this at or maybe you have. Uh. This comes from Trenton, Hey Bird, Hey Burge. I'm listening a day behind, So I apologize if you guys have already covered it. But are you and the guys aware that Stephen A. Smith has a reoccurring role in the soap opera General Hospital.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, I've seen them.
Speaker 2: I did too. I was I don't know why it was on.
Speaker 4: It's on in here, it's on in the TV's in here.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's in the room, and I thought that's Stephen A. Smith. Yes, it says I, like many kids, grew up at my grandmother's house house with her programs. Oh yeah, as she called them playing in the background. I'm somewhat familiar with the characters. But I was shocked when the other day I saw a clip online of Stephen A. Smith shooting someone on TV.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's a crooked nurse that's doing something. He comes in and next thing you know, there's guns and knives.
Speaker 12: And.
Speaker 2: Am I that's your impression of Stephen A. Smith? Am I allowed to do this?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fine. Here's the crooked nurse in here. Guys, I'm gonna he's some I d.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, crooked nurse.
Speaker 4: Crooked nurse got a gun. So did Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Stephen. Ay, y'all, Yeah, that's funny. Stephen just shot somebody.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, you shot that nurse?
Speaker 2: Well, she's crooked. You had it coming.
Speaker 6: You see how you did it.
Speaker 2: She drew first. Yeah, she's a little too low for Steven. Yeah, try Stephen Smith. You tell her about your how you're done with something? Sorry, rupt, I don't need to see some I d okay, A thousand know about me? Right, Okay, you do, I'm step okay, put that over with the rest. All right. That's terrible, all right. So so Trenton said, I researched this, and Stephen A. Smith has been in forty four episodes of General Hospice. You did. We talked about that many. I said, I've seen him on it, but I thought it was like a guest appearance. I didn't know there was any way he'd been there forty What you need to do? All right, it says uh. He says, I grew up with my mom on the on the way to school. Now the last four years uh, And Trenton said, I have listened to every minute of every day.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: So I transitioned from the old show and I continue to enjoy the new show. And I don't miss a minute every single day. Thanks for the entertainment. So I did not know Stephen A. Smith. I saw my thoughts like a one off thing. I don't know it was forty four episodes. People are seeing as pictures of their beavers. How about them tells? Look at that one of them got a chunk corn out of it. Look wow, until you explained, until you explain what you just said, I ain't looking at that screen, all right? So yeah, something wrong with me? Something wrong with me? You just shout it out to the world. And people are sending us pictures of their beavers on the text line, Really, why don't you say it this way? Hey man, there's people that apparently have killed beavers and they've got their bodies laying in pictures on it on the streen. No one should ever say, hey, check the text line. Birds, people send us pictures of their beavers. You should never say that. I don't think, well, are they not beavers? They are? They are, they're the animals. Yes they are. Then I don't know what the problem is. Well, they're a nuisance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've got they're dead, big old fat tails.
Speaker 2: You know, like to slap that thing on the water. I like to think speedy for making way making us all remember the great serious naked gun. Yes, all right, so a couple of them, a couple of it. You just need to be a little more savvy. Uh, let's just what it is. We just think it through. Okay, but but but I don't think you said theirs. You could have left that out. You could just said the word yeah. I think that you know, you messed up because I don't think these are their pets. I think these are some they've trapped, and they're not easy to trap. I don't know where to look. All right, So have you seen this robot go crazy? Uh? And the engineers get attacked by their own robot on this headline? See this all right, so let's let's see what happens. It turns on them.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yes, So where are they.
Speaker 4: They're working on their robots hanging there.
Speaker 2: You say, that's how they put on that. That's that's finance, exactly what you were thinking about.
Speaker 4: Okay, a long throwback greg four hours on that joke.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good callback.
Speaker 7: So this is a security camera, so it doesn't have audio, so you guys are gonna have to fill them in. You can see they're about to hit start on a test and you kind of kind of see them look at each other and be.
Speaker 2: Like this, yeah, picture of robot is hanging on kind of a little mini crane and they're about to to activate it and they're talking to each other the lights and then they're gonna activate it and see what the arms are moving all right now the arm is going what's out of control? It's completely no, no, guys, it's doing karate chops. It's doing karate chops. It's going crazy. This guy is absolutely going out. They don't know what to do. Somebody's shut it down. Mister Chin, that's fun. That was mister mister Chin and mister me.
Speaker 5: So he's got it's got it's got clips and it's hanging like on you what like your collar bone, and this thing is just his arms are going crazy.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: You don't realize how hard that robot the wrong button. This robot is slinging karate chops. I mean as hard as he possibly can.
Speaker 7: They didn't hit the wrong buttons. But he's not a microwave. They coded it wrong. It's in the coding.
Speaker 3: You don't know that.
Speaker 2: You don't know. You don't you don't either. Might hear the F two?
Speaker 22: All right?
Speaker 12: Here we go.
Speaker 4: You can look at each other instead of at five.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 4: He's like, should we give a take? You're turning on?
Speaker 2: Happened?
Speaker 4: It was just walking like a zombie and karate.
Speaker 2: Okay, blood, it's turning to people.
Speaker 12: Like a.
Speaker 2: Windmill. Here's the part I don't like. To your point, speedy it it could have started going straight out forward. It could have knocked tables over, it moved, it's it's robot itself. It could seem to go after humans. Did you see it?
Speaker 5: I bet you one hundred of them could get a silver back.
Speaker 2: I would like to say this were y'all. Were y'all surprised? It's two Asian men that neither one of them seemed to know martial arts. No, they didn't. They didn't even return fire. They've been working on robots.
Speaker 4: You can't karate chop a robot that's gonna hurt your hand.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought I thought all Asian men were able to bruce lee anything.
Speaker 15: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That's it's not accurate at all.
Speaker 2: Well, you're gonna tell me next. They can't make sushi, y'all.
Speaker 7: Straight up, if that thing like wanted it was like programmed to hurt and kill people were in trouble.
Speaker 4: That thing is hard to kill right straight up. Here's another angle of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your Brazilian jiu jitsu is not gonna help you.
Speaker 4: All, here's another angle. It's going through flames to eat the man.
Speaker 2: That it's really I'm telling you. But listen, y'all, y'all remember the day. And I've said it several times, gonna say it again. Hey, people out there, listen to me. We got robot trouble coming. Yeah, there's a robot trouble coming. You can rock that down, put a date on it. But r b By yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: If you'll not see terminator or the matrix.
Speaker 3: Or I robot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a back y'all.
Speaker 2: Come on when we come back.
Speaker 4: Oh, look at that beaver.
Speaker 2: We wrap up, We wrap up the weekend, and wrap up the day with untrained phone calls right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show. What eight eight eight six big bars.
Speaker 2: We'll wrap up this hour and I know for a lot of you wrapping up the day and even the week. If that's the case. Remember you never have to miss a moment of the show. Catch those daily archives on our podcast channel, or you can do that on our YouTube channel as well. Best of iur for Blaze TV subscribers and also a best of audio hour is available on the podcast as well, so you know, enjoy the show live and then if you ever miss any of it, you can go back and grab it. If you ever want to know what are all the live options? What are all the archive options? Where can I find the Burgess Show content and never miss a moment live or archived? Well you can do that by going to Rick burgesshow dot com. All the options are there box seats. Thank y'all for your kindness today. Uh, we've had a very active day and unscreen phone calls, we'll wrap up this hour. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreenphone calls, go right ahead.
Speaker 24: Hey, guys, I wanted to revisit the one hundred men versus the one gorilla and propose another variety. What if it was one thousand Joe Biden's versus one gorilla?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be Joe Biden's is scary enough? Yeah? Yeah that whatever a mercy rule would be, if we would, we would enact it. We continue Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead. Okay, I couldn't hear him all about the turtle. Hello, unscreenphone calls, You're on the Rick Birders show. Go ahead.
Speaker 14: Hey, I didn't mean to railroad yow segment joels In, But I was just gonna send in some of them pictures.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that yeah? Look show hen you're not responsible for that speed. He was, Well, no, that's what they were, just animals. Now, I don't know if they belonged to anybody. It was possession that hurt us. Yeah, okay, welcome to the Rick Birder Show. On screen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 15: And.
Speaker 21: Hey, hey, I just want to ask you. I'm going to ask you a question about this. If you've heard about.
Speaker 2: Are you there? No, I haven't heard.
Speaker 26: I'm sorry, passed away Bright Cisco up in w SP.
Speaker 21: He passed away certainly, Oh are yeah? And uh he he dam made it to his radio show yesterday. But I wanted to ask you a question.
Speaker 12: Y'all.
Speaker 21: Remember when him and Alan to yours, Rick and both uh them.
Speaker 2: I think regions, Yes, I do. We had such a great time with them. We had radio wars, and I apologize you your signal was a little rough. We had radio wars that were back when radio was incredibly fun and they were great sports, and we had such a competition, friendly competition and the things that we were able to create, warring back and forth for the audience. I think it was an era of radio that we will probably never see again. But it was a lot of fun and I hate to hear that, and of course we will be praying for all associated with that in his family too. Hey, this is the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Yes.
Speaker 18: This call is for Steedy. I've been watching some of the stay Ins games on TV. I've noticed whenever the stay INDs has got the ball, they always showed the video and audio of the coach calling in the call or during time out, they show the conversation between the coach and the quarterback. Don't seem to do that with other teams as much. You know why that is?
Speaker 5: I do not, So you're saying on all UFL games they seem to do it more with the Stallions.
Speaker 2: Is that what he says? Actually said? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean I've I've been able to pick up some of the games and I see that interaction. Of course with the Stallions. I'm actually there, so I don't I don't hear it. But coach skip Is he's really good.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to say, they're trying to do the best presentation for the audience, and they may say, hey, Skip gives us a lot more entertaining a lot of more entertaining stuff than maybe a coach is not as entertaining. Yeah, it may be.
Speaker 5: It may be that he has a really good interaction and relationship he did his players.
Speaker 2: He does, and we've had him here a few times and he's really good on their Uh we continue, Rick Bird your show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Alan Taylor eats words.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that gold? Wasn't that was one of the greatest? That was? Yeah, Well, Bubba and I and Speedy, we and Alan Taylor was you know, part of that other morning show that the guy was just talking about on w QSB up in North Alabama. And so we would we remember the mash when burns burns each worms. It didn't rhyme, but we still thought it would make Alan Taylor's life miserable if if everybody he saw would say Alan Taylor each worms and uh and it really it really picked up a lot of moment he sure did. Uh we continue missed that one. Uh, let's go to Hello your unscreen phone calls on the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Uh yeah, I was.
Speaker 13: I was in the Vox seats this past week, and I just wanted to call and say I appreciate how nice y'all were and all the hospitalities home was really nice and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, we we it was Greg nice to you.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Actually, uh yeah, man him talked a pretty good bit during the break, So yeah, I like.
Speaker 2: You feel good about that. I mean, you're sorry Speed ignored. No, no, Greg, you know that did not the over greader.
Speaker 5: He's over there shooting the bull and you're scared and Speedy scared him.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: We continue. Just just love people. And by the way they do. These people that didn't show up today's breaking Speed's heart. I want to go to their door.
Speaker 12: Rick.
Speaker 2: He used half of his Greeder right. Uh what if it's like the softball game we played the night I was actually leaving and two guys walked up and said, is the game over? Yeah? Man, you missed the whole game.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: Uh we continue, Rick Bird Show. It was unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, good morning.
Speaker 18: Boys, I need some advice here quickly.
Speaker 21: Sure, I'm talking to a.
Speaker 2: Girl Okay, that's about right. Are you there?
Speaker 24: Respond?
Speaker 2: Yeh see yeah, start over, all, start over. Yeah, your phone dropped out. You said, I'm talking to a girl, and we lost you, so pick up right there.
Speaker 6: Okay, she's identical twin.
Speaker 2: Okay, not your, not yours?
Speaker 6: Thank goodness.
Speaker 17: Okay, I got the question.
Speaker 6: I think I'm being trapped or is a jerk? She said, hey, did you find my sister attractive?
Speaker 2: Careful?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, well, well how.
Speaker 24: Do I How do I respond?
Speaker 17: I do?
Speaker 18: Because they look the same.
Speaker 2: Stand down, you can see speed. He's got this coming.
Speaker 5: I would say, of course she is, you're you' all are both beautiful, Yes, careful. That's then I put a sharpie mark on her right right uh hand, maybe so they can't switch.
Speaker 2: Don't listen to what speed you said, because now it makes them sound like they're interchangeable. Greg, What were you going to.
Speaker 5: Say, well, that's what they do easy that I don't feel good?
Speaker 2: Would you go? I was just thinking, what if one of them they look just a lot, but one of them is a jerk, one's not there?
Speaker 12: You go?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't text that either, But what what I would say? I would kind of a combination she's kind of a pain adler, you have any suggestion of cleaning.
Speaker 4: Dangerous okay, dangerous waters?
Speaker 2: I would say, yes, she's beautiful. Ho about both? Y'all want to go? Matter of fact? Are you saying what I think you're saying? Yes, this is terrible advice. Let me give you a combination right now. None of what has just been said should be said. What is just the two of you know? One more? Looks just like I'm coming in? Actually there are three.
Speaker 17: Y'all are not helping.
Speaker 2: Y'all are not helping. No, they're not. They're doing a great show, but they're not helping you. All right, So I need to know what to say. You say you got to say yeah because you say you said, well, obviously y'all look alike. So you know your sister is a you know, is you know, a lovely lady. However, I am not attracted to her because it's your personality that I'm falling in love with, all right, not how far along it is that I'm attracted to. Do not do not act like you're attracted to her sister in any way. Do not say anything that would make her think they're that they're interchangeable. She's unique. Hey, she may be your twin, but she's not you. You got slightly buck tea. But y'all want to go very much. I do not text anything they said. Right, at least they're not joined like that that one on TV speed Speak. You're kissing her sister. She's just sitting there and I'm married to try not to look. Now, are y'all going down that road? Now? You remember that? You remember that, and of course I remember. We did a whole talk about it the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the Rick Burgess Show.