Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory spelling and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I have known you my whole.
Speaker 3: Life, truly before you were born, really.
Speaker 2: Before I was born. So my dad and you worked. Was it the Rookies?
Speaker 3: Was that the first show TJ Hooker?
Speaker 2: TJ Hooker which I never realized it wasn't originally called t J Hooker.
Speaker 3: No, it was something else, something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you weren't originally the lead? Was it more of an ensemble?
Speaker 3: I think, what the doubt that you're bringing back my memory? I think there was an ensemble idea, and then somewhere along the line before I went on the air, they changed the title to my character. My presumption is what you presume as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, someone's always got to be the lead. They always want ensembles.
Speaker 3: Same in a marriage, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. They always say there can only be one star in a relationship.
Speaker 3: But if there are two stars, two stars in the heavens, if they collide, form a fusion and it's an explosion and energy leaks off in all directions, what about a marriage.
Speaker 2: Mister Shadner, Was that your best pickup line?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, My best pickup line would be.
Speaker 2: Are you divorced almost in the process.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not picking up on you. I mean we're on the air and there are people around, but I never had a pickup line. Do you have a pickup line? No? Do you ever instigate the meeting?
Speaker 2: Oh? This is interesting because I've been married eighteen years, but together for almost twenty. I was married for one year before that, and then I just had boyfriends and we always met on set like as an actor. That's all I knew was so.
Speaker 3: The two actors would meet and would you like to go out for coffee or meal? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't drink coffee.
Speaker 3: Would you like to go out for bourbon? Fuck you?
Speaker 2: I mean yes? Please?
Speaker 3: Yeah? On the rock? Well you did you ever join one of those dating app? Dating apps?
Speaker 2: They were before my dating time and now that this is my dating time.
Speaker 3: So what are you going to do? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know because my soon to be ex husband has a girlfriend and she's lovely and we get along and no, and.
Speaker 3: That's before the divorce. Does he see your children?
Speaker 2: He does? Yes?
Speaker 3: What was the question? What do you can't expect me to remember everything you do? Though?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got this.
Speaker 3: So you've got numerous children going to school, yes, and university, whence they will eventually go to I'm here to tell you is inordinately I mean, it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have to go on only fans in order to get them into college. You're gonna have to do what only fans?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Do you know only fans? Only fans, only fans?
Speaker 3: No, what is that?
Speaker 2: So how do you describe only fans? So only fans is a site? I guess originally it was more women in the field, not sex workers, but along those lines.
Speaker 1: But now actress do it.
Speaker 3: When you say not sex workers, but along those lines, they're either are are they there? Are they're putting out or they're not putting out. They're putting out they're looking for sexual adventures.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, yes, okay, okay. So but only fans transformed into now they're comedians on and there's chefs on, and it's videos and people pay. It's like you could subscribe, but a lot of actresses do it now, and they.
Speaker 3: Start doing it. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: They like, see if you're on in a bikini or something revealing. If people subscribe and they pay more, they can get like a shot of you with like your brush showing or everything. If you want, if you choose, if.
Speaker 3: You and you pay for it, how do you how do you pay for that? Uh?
Speaker 2: Allegedly? No, actually I do know because a friend of mine, Denise Richards, We're going to be.
Speaker 3: Really honest here. You want me to be honest, so allegedly don't do the allegedly? Do I know this or I don't know this?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay?
Speaker 3: How do you get somebody to go from a bra to their panties?
Speaker 2: You unhooked the bra typically typically unhooked the bra?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, yes, no no. What I mean is if this is an app and you're on your telephone, yes, and you want the object on the other end of the telephone to not only take off their bra, but take off their pandies. Yes, and you pay for that? How do you pay for that?
Speaker 2: Credit cards?
Speaker 1: Down cash ap so it's right there?
Speaker 3: And then I don't know how you do a credit card on an app. I'm thinking, I read the news. How how would I pay for something I add for on the wait?
Speaker 2: You don't read the news on your phone, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I read the news on my phone. And say there's something I want to buy, I have to go to a Amazon or something like that to buy it. How do you get to get somebody to take their pants off instead of their bra?
Speaker 2: You literally put your credit card?
Speaker 3: How do you pay for that? I'm what are the mechanics and paying for that? What do you mean, well, you got a credit card, you got a picture on your phone? How do you get your credit card to pay the picture on the phone?
Speaker 2: Are be tricking me?
Speaker 3: No, sweetheart, not at all. I'm sure a.
Speaker 2: Card number and then they'll say accepted and it's like a.
Speaker 3: Oh you but they have a telephone number? No, well, how do you okay?
Speaker 2: Like it's one of those secure like online payment services.
Speaker 3: I don't even know about it.
Speaker 2: I don't know about them either, obviously, because what.
Speaker 3: You're saying is there is a map that you can go to to get financial help, like go fund me. No, well, isn't it go fund me? I need help educating my kids.
Speaker 2: I need that. Can we start that for me? Well, educating my kids about money so they don't turn out like me?
Speaker 3: Right. Well. The other other possibility is put your kids out for work, but they're hanging around eating off of you let them work, Yes, let them deliver newspapers, shine cars to the oldest. Is good at arithmetic? I bet?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 3: Good at history, nope? Good at that volleyball nop. Good at staying home?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So I have her stay home and have to stay home and out of their lives.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's what only fans.
Speaker 3: Ah. Right, What are you doing these days? Oh?
Speaker 2: What am I doing these days? I am raising five kids, doing my podcast.
Speaker 3: Wow, and another podcast coming up?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have so. I was on a show Beverly Hills nine o two and.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes I can, but that was many years ago. Yes, are you getting residuals on that?
Speaker 2: Not much?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: You can't tell me you still get residuals on Star Trek.
Speaker 3: Well, I think if I remember, I got bought out, but surely I'm going to on some of the other things.
Speaker 2: Way can I be bought out?
Speaker 3: Well, there was a they would the producer would buy you out, so you didn't get residuals.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, but you.
Speaker 3: Got a payment. I think that's what I did. It's so far down in history.
Speaker 2: I don't quite remember Boston Legal.
Speaker 3: I got to presume I'm getting right.
Speaker 2: They come but they're like, are they pittance?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right, they don't pay for your children's education. No.
Speaker 2: No, here's the thing back then, I mean, I mean, I'm sure you understand this or it's a totally different thing. But for us, we didn't know that when the show was taking off that they would be putting us in our faces and likeness on merchandise, and it went across the board and we didn't get anything from that.
Speaker 3: That sounds like unjust yeah and coming this way, and we had to strike to avoid that possibility.
Speaker 2: That's where it's all leading. Yeah, but I blame you because you started the future trend. Basically I did did.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So when we talked about me being on your show, you said, what have I What am I pushing? So? I've got a number of albums. I've got an album out there called you can call me Bill, You call me Bill. One of the albums. I've got an album that, uh, it's a children's album and most of your children would enjoy it. H called Where Will the Animals Sleep? And it's a children's Album's gotten incredible reviews and his number five on Billboards. That's doing well. I'm working right now on another album that I'm going to do with Brad Paisley. H I think the title will be the Things I Love. But it's not about romantic or sexual love. It's about loving my health. I love my health. Why do I love my health? And I feel strong, I feel good? And if I feel that way, I can love you. I love my nose because of sense, things that you smell is a great source of memory. So when I smell Guardena's, I think of my mother. If I smell roses, I think of you. And so it's romance, but it's a different take on love. So the album will be called All My Love, and I'll be doing with the Brad Paisley and myself and Robert Cherno was really co writer essentially, he did a lot of the writing of these beautifully lyrics of things that I have loved. And so that's the next album that's coming out. And I got a show on the air called The Unexplained, which is doing very well on the History Channel and on Netflix. And then there's a I did It performance a Kennedy Center and there's an album of that performance called It's called So Fragile, So Blue. It's one of the songs on the album about the condition of the Earth and the the visual part of that will be called Live at Kennedy Center and that's coming out now.
Speaker 2: Wow. Right you never stop.
Speaker 3: No, because there was a great baseball player who said, don't look over your shoulder because there's there are people coming up by something like that, right, people coming up behind you. No, keep going, got to keep moving.
Speaker 2: You have to. Yeah, but it's what you love as well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm like, would you.
Speaker 2: Be bored if you were just like sitting on it?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, No, this is incredible. I have total control of what I'm doing. I can say yes, I can say no, I can say this is what I want, what I don't want, and I don't do it. If we can't reach an understanding.
Speaker 2: I want to get there someday. You can do it now for that now, Yeah, but you have way more control than I have.
Speaker 3: Well, that's uh, you know, control is unreal. You really never have control of anything true, including the weather. This is true, which is a factor. You're going to go to Las Vegas to perform, and there's one hundred and fifteen I drove a motorcycle from from Chicago to Los Angeles by way of Las Vegas, Las Vegas and went. It was so hot that the metal on the on the motorcycle singed your skin. You couldn't put your hand or your knee, your thigh on the on the motorcycle. That was so hot. I got to think, it's just getting hotter and hotter. There's going to be a time when you can't go places because it's too hot.
Speaker 2: Fair Wait, what did you do when it was so hot that you.
Speaker 3: Couldn't We went in to do an interview for the local charity for the Veterans' Charities, And when I went into the store where there was air conditioning, for a half a second, I fainted. I was like, besides something. I could brace myself on the way and then I was out of it. And I was on camera because we were shooting all that, and I have had the vivid recollection of thinking, I can't I can't faint now I'm on camera. So I just kind of whiled the blood back into my head. Do you know if that's like willing the blood back here?
Speaker 2: Wow? I don't think I know. I've only feigned twice fainting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, recently, tell me about that.
Speaker 2: It's been in the past year. I think it was from stress, from the divorce and everything.
Speaker 3: You tell me, what were the circumstances.
Speaker 2: The dogs woke me up in the morning. I got out of bed because they were barking, opened the sliding glass door to let them out, and the next thing I remember is my daughter screaming, mom, mom, And I was like back on the floor and I'd fallen back.
Speaker 3: So it was either low blood sugar or you were hanging hungover. No do you drink? I do a lot? Define a lot?
Speaker 2: I didn't say a lot. I didn't say a lot.
Speaker 3: No, define a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, everyone's a lot is different.
Speaker 3: Crrect, That's what I'm saying. Right to find it for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess I'm a cheap drunk. I'm a cheap drunk. That's still a saying. Well, really well, it doesn't take much to get me drunk.
Speaker 3: Right, So the question is how often or how much do you drink?
Speaker 2: I would say every week you get drunk.
Speaker 3: No, you get you'd have a drink, Yeah, get a little tipsy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to relate fainting from hungover blood sugar or a hungover No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd been filming the night before all day and yeah, I hadn't had a drink dehydration. I don't drink water.
Speaker 3: See I've been I mean, hydration is imperative.
Speaker 2: Is seventy percent of our body or more.
Speaker 3: And and it's critical that you and your audience drink a lot of water. I mean eight ounce of glasses and stuff is not enough. Your best to urinate it out. If you're over watered, then not having enough because then the blood you don't have enough blood to the centers of your brain, and then you can faint.
Speaker 2: I think I have either I'm allergic to water or I think I have a phobia of water.
Speaker 3: No, you can't be allergic to water, because that means your allergic to your body.
Speaker 2: That would make sense a phobia like some weird there's something weird.
Speaker 3: There is something weird. Let's examine that. Why would you think you are afraid drinking water?
Speaker 2: Because I would. I here's my theory on it is that it's okay. Yes, that it's a form of control or a form of self sabotage something.
Speaker 3: Huh or both of those. Yes, I understand that completely. Really, Yeah, I mean numerous times I think I should drink that bottle of water. No, I'm not going to do it. I can almost consciously rather than being subconscious, and don't drink the water. And then you realize you're not drinking for reasons you hadn't realized, or you look at the bottle of water and I don't feel.
Speaker 2: Like drinking same I do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if you're I'm not going to drink it now, you could faint from that. I know it's entirely I know it's entirely possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then I fainted a second time, and I fell forward this time, and I have this scar here.
Speaker 3: No kidding. Ye, the previous time fell backward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just trying to even myself out.
Speaker 3: I guess we were balanced in or else you were leaning forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both times. My daughter found me, my six year.
Speaker 3: Old, and you were out for some time. For a second, Yeah, for a period of about a second or more.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe when I went backwards. Yeah, as soon as I hit the ground. I think it woke me up. When I went forward, she said, I was. I wasn't actually really out, she doesn't think, but like my chin was split open, and every time I was talking, it was like moving, and I was like, I'm okay.
Speaker 3: So the skin was moving. Ye, not your job when you were speaking. Yeah, Well, you gotta drink more water.
Speaker 2: I don't drink any water.
Speaker 3: Do you eat a lot of watermelon? I do not. My dear, you're killing yourself. Do you want to kill yourself?
Speaker 2: No? I have so much to offer this world?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well why I do it? Do you like pickles? What like pickles?
Speaker 3: I do like pickles? Why do you ask it?
Speaker 2: Literally, I don't know. I like talking to you, and I just I honestly, I meet pickles last night.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that, because I got a wonderful story about that. Okay. So I was a counselor at the age of eighteen seventeen eighteen in Montreal to at a welfare camp. I was one of about eighteen or twenty. I don't remember the girls, but there must have been girls, because there were eighteen or twenty guys who were my age who were taking care of kids fourteen and fifteen, not much younger than the eighteen year olds. And I say that because it was hard to control them. You know, they didn't have much respect, and they were from broken homes, from Europe, and they had seen horrible things. So that what you know you're not going to have dessert unless you That was no big deal when you saw your father's head smashed against a brick wall. So it was. It was a camp filled with some tension. And I'm walking up the stairs to the mess hall where the kids were now come gathering to eat. And as I'm walking up the stairs, as you, because they were a fair number of stairs, you could see through the stairs underneath the stairs, and underneath the stairs was the camp director, an older man fifties or so, sitting on a barrel. And he said, Pip s So I climbed down the stairs, not going and decided what he wants Scotty, And Scotty says, I'm sitting on pickles. What And he gets off and he opens the barrel and he is salting all those cucumbers and he hands me one. And it was the most delicious pickle I've ever tasted. And that's remained in my mind all these years, a picture of him sitting on a barrel salting pickles. Why what are you going to do? How are you going to make your pickles?
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to say it was the best pickle you've ever had, until you've had my pickle.
Speaker 3: I know, but then if I were to eat your pickle, I'd be in a pickle.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 3: Yes, what do you do with your pickles?
Speaker 2: So it's my first time making pickles?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh this is your first time? Yes, well, so how did you you?
Speaker 2: I'm a new pickler.
Speaker 3: And and but you're worth your salt? Is it salt? That is the pickle? Is that what you add?
Speaker 2: Salt and vinegar and a little sugar and some dill and some spices. And I didn't make this bat it's my first batch. I didn't make it spicy because the kids want to eat it and I didn't want to put spicy.
Speaker 3: Pickles are spicy to begin with? Hert?
Speaker 2: They do you think? So?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I guess there are different different pickles, right.
Speaker 2: So I started with my cucumbers and did you slice them? I did slice them? I did, and I or lengthwise. But then I had these ginormous spears of cucumbers that I could never jam into a mason jar. So yeah, to cut them half at least. But I was really excited that they were so long, because I was like, you know when you go to like the fair and you have like the big turkey leg. I was like, this is the biggest pickle I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Well, the turkey legs. I are at championship horses show. I always go to, always get at least one leg.
Speaker 2: Where did you just say.
Speaker 3: Well, at a horse show at a fair, Yes, they have turkey legs, barbecue essentially turkey legs. I always get me too. You're there with the stuff dribbling down your jaw. Of course you're used to things dribbling off your jaws. Didn't you get your joke?
Speaker 2: Hey? Now?
Speaker 3: And you're there with a practicing on a turkey leg.
Speaker 2: Or you picture you.
Speaker 3: Picture yourself of the leg in your hand.
Speaker 2: No, I was actually fixated on wanting to correct you and say that I don't dribble out of my mouth.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the first invitation I have had in public. How is he going to respond? And we go to commercial?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I have my pickles. I then take the mixture of water, vinegar, all my seasonings and I kind of break that down a little bit, and then I pour my cucumbers in. I pour it into the jars with the you're using as a container. Okay, here's where I had a problem. I had figured everything out. I had forgotten to.
Speaker 1: Get jars, like jars or a barrel.
Speaker 2: See now, a small barrel, okay.
Speaker 3: You know, not the large fifty gallon thing, maybe a ten yeah gallon, you know, one fifth the size of a large large water container. And and one of those large barrels. Of where you.
Speaker 2: Where you buy barrels?
Speaker 3: Where do we buy? Well, I've got a large fifty gallon barrel filled with fresh water for emergencies. But it's large. It's the size of a garbage pail. And that's what Scottie, that's what the counsel was sitting on.
Speaker 2: So I want to sit on a barrel.
Speaker 3: I know it's their barrels are hard to find these days. eBay, Yes, that's this perfect, perfect place.
Speaker 2: So right now I'm embarrassed to say. The pickles are at home and my refrigerator.
Speaker 3: In and pickling as we speak.
Speaker 2: They are pickling as we speak, and they're in like glass like temperware type situation, not temperware.
Speaker 3: But well, that's good. And how many do you have you got filled up?
Speaker 2: Oh? My gosh, three, So.
Speaker 3: You got about ten pickles in each each jar.
Speaker 2: Oh I would have more than that. I think I had two and a half pounds of cucumbers? I know that.
Speaker 3: How many cucumbers? What did that make? Approximately? How many cucumbers did that make?
Speaker 2: How many pickles?
Speaker 3: What? How many? Two and a half pounds is how many pickles? Roughly? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've never been good at math.
Speaker 3: That's observation. You've been good at observation very So observe how many pickles? Two pounds two and a half pounds make thirty ten, fourteen fourteen? So you've got three jars, So that's four to five pickles of jar?
Speaker 2: Are you saying I should start a business?
Speaker 3: You should start a business? Exactly what you'd sell them? Ach?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I'll let you know. Here's the thing. I don't know how long they're supposed to pickle for, but.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's indeterminate. The longer you pickle, the more pickle.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well I'll send you some.
Speaker 3: I would love that you really well, No, I love cucumbers are delicious, delicious vegetable. Uh do you eat fresh vegetables? I do a lot? What do you eat a lot of?
Speaker 2: I'm looking you right now, I know, and I'm not answering you.
Speaker 3: No, but your purse your lips?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know why you would push your lips when I asked that question.
Speaker 2: But you to no one's ever observed this. What is happening? Okay, if I'm ever in court, don't purs your lips.
Speaker 3: At your convenience. It's charming.
Speaker 2: I eat, I'm meat. It was kind of girl.
Speaker 3: You're not a pickle kind of girl.
Speaker 2: I love sushi.
Speaker 3: You love sushi, so you eat a lot of fresh fish. I do. I just worried about do you take Do you have hot tea with your with your sushi?
Speaker 2: I have hot saki, hot soaki.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to increase your fluid intake.
Speaker 2: So let's let's dribble more fluids going.
Speaker 3: I don't want to dribble. Yeah, fluid on both sides of your mouth not charming. Tell me about your your father, your relationship with your father, and what it was like to act at five years of age with your dad looking over your shoulder.
Speaker 2: He was amazing. I wish my kids could have met him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a gentleman, wasn't he He was?
Speaker 2: But I heard there's like another side, like he was a business guy, like you would know the other side, like the business of it all, like I pretty much.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the thing about my dad is he was a like he was a workhorse, Like he was a workaholic. But when he was home, he was like with me and then with my brother. My brother and I are six years apart, so I did have years when I just like did stuff with my dad. But we would be home.
Speaker 3: We were show Yeah I'm the firstborn and you would have time with your dad.
Speaker 2: Yes, And we loved like going in the backyard and picking up dog poop And is that weird?
Speaker 3: It has to be done by somebody I know?
Speaker 2: And years later I found out that we like, I enjoyed doing it with him so much that he would tell the gardener, like leave the dog.
Speaker 3: Leave the poop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding, because he's like, on Saturday.
Speaker 3: My daughter and I have a mutual activity. What's that, sir? We pick up poop. Yes, And it's like pickup sticks. If it hardens enough, you want to pile them together and not have them fall over. Pickup poop. It's a well known game.
Speaker 1: Like pickleball, Like, yeah, I need So what else did you do?
Speaker 3: Seriously?
Speaker 2: I really drink my colon is what I need to do. What I need to hydrate my colon.
Speaker 3: You need to hydrate your colon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're speaking about hard poop.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, well, how do you hydrate your colon by drinking water? No? Yeah, when you hydrate, you hydrate everything. I know. Well, is your poop hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it won't come out?
Speaker 3: No kidding, That's why.
Speaker 2: It's a problem.
Speaker 3: It's a bummer.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, I said problem, but it is a bummer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, but you could fix it by by drinking more water. I could.
Speaker 2: Did you know my husband soon to be ex hus When is Canadian?
Speaker 3: No? From where?
Speaker 2: Toronto? What part of Canada? Are you from?
Speaker 3: Montreal? That's like saying San Francisco and Los Angeles, trying to find there's a great deal of competition, And in fact the competition was exaggerated when some years ago the friendship Quebec where which is where Montreal is, the big city, the province that Montreal is in, were voting to secede from the Canadian Union. I don't think legally they could have done it, but they were voting like it would be like Texas leaving the America, And so a lot of the English speaking Quebecers like my family fled a brain drain to Toronto, and it left Montreal and environs that much poorer because they were leaving and they came within. I believe, if I remember correctly, one percent of the vote difference between seceeding and not succeeding, and what happened afterwards was really a basic too, in that almost half the vote was four and a half the vote was against. After that tiny margin voted to not secede. Very quickly the tides of wanting to leave the union dissipated and within a short while that was all gone. But there was a real revolution going up going on in Canada, where your husband was born during the time he was born. He came sometime after I left Montreal. I graduated and worked in Toronto for quite a way while, and then came to the States and stayed here. But while the time I was here, this near revolution was going on.
Speaker 2: That's wild. And my husband I met in Ottawa, and when we met, I went to Montreal.
Speaker 3: I did three years in Ottawa, oh, really playing at a theater, put it on the play week. It was the only professional theater in Canada. I was a part of it for three years.
Speaker 2: Would it still be there?
Speaker 3: The Canadian Repertory Theater this CRT, I don't think is there any longer. But they used high school theaters to put on the play. Oh and so somebody very smart, the people at the head of the Canadian Repertory. The CRT didn't own the theater. They probably rented a theater by night when it wasn't being used from a high school. And we they and I was a part of it for three years, put on a play a week. Every week we put on a different play. So we'd play at night and rehearse during the day, put on the next play the following Tuesday, I guess, and I got it in theater there.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do that again? You and me?
Speaker 3: It was such hard work and such low play pay that I probably went without meals at times in order to go to a movie or or do something that didn't pay the rent. I had the forty five dollars check divided up into rent and food. And I don't know. It was very It was tough. It was a tough three years.
Speaker 2: But how amazing that every week you got to do a different play. Yeah, that's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the really good directors and some nice production, but it was at grounding for the years. Then when I came to New York to do live television, it was very much like putting on a play very quickly.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get nervous in front of people?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Sorry, let me rephrase that. Do you ever get nervous on stage performing something that's live?
Speaker 3: Tell you the key to not being nervous? Are you when you meet somebody, I mean somebody on the air to do this broadcast podcast?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I'm not really as nervous. It's more like in front of a lot of people, if there's I think.
Speaker 3: I will bet I can. Your audience is more than three or four for the podcast, So although you're not in front of them physically, you're in front of.
Speaker 2: Them the physical.
Speaker 3: For me, yeah, Well, to me, the key to not being nervous about anything you're supposed to do is preparation. If you prepare, if you get to know your guests before you get here, and there, Uh peccadillos and uh what the pi pickle dillo's exactly? Uh, in three jars, but the peccadillos and three jars, And so if you're prepared for the interview. You don't less than your nervousness because you know what you've got to do right.
Speaker 2: But it's only like if I'm on stage, if I have to go present something like that, Well.
Speaker 3: The same thing applies long as you know what to do, long as you know your lines right, which is the difficulty in acting, especially opening night.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 3: Have you done a play? I have, and you are very nervous.
Speaker 2: It was I think it ran for like six months. Every single night I performed in Never Where were you play? The Coronet Theater, Los Anega? And is it right near.
Speaker 3: Here in at the Coronet Theater?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What were you playing?
Speaker 2: It was called Maybe Baby It's.
Speaker 3: You and Maybe Baby It's You.
Speaker 2: Maybe Baby It's You.
Speaker 3: Was it a musical?
Speaker 2: Partially? I did a little. It was like twelve different vignettes and I played a different character. It was a two person show and the writer co creator of the project was also the lead. And that is where I met my first husband. And yeah, it was all about finding the one and yeah, and did you enjoy it? I loved it. I loved it so much because it was that instant gratification of knowing you know, sometimes when we do TV or movies like, we have to rely on how it tests or how you know, and people showed up, They showed up and they loved it, and you'd see the response right there. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: Would you do it again?
Speaker 2: I would?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If I like you asking me that with you? The next way, your next husband writes a play with brilliance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll find a playwright that's young and handsome and viral.
Speaker 2: And wait, why is he? How do you say viral?
Speaker 3: Viral? Viral?
Speaker 2: So your Canadian accent coming out?
Speaker 3: Viral? Viral? Viral? Uh? Viral viral? Well you can say viral.
Speaker 2: That's something else, isn't it.
Speaker 3: What is that viral?
Speaker 2: Like the kids would say, if a video on TikTok it blew up, it went viral.
Speaker 3: Oh, of course it has a it has electronics. Significant viral. I have never thought of that.
Speaker 2: But I'm fifty one, so I don't need a virile man.
Speaker 3: What do you need a lack of daisical guy? No?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought? Viral meant yeah, wow, No.
Speaker 3: That's what viral means. Viral is something else, right, So viral maybe.
Speaker 2: You can keep it up and perform.
Speaker 3: That's that's a great deal to do with you.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, excuse me, I expect me to keep that up.
Speaker 3: I can barely keep up a conversation.
Speaker 2: Well that's not true, and either is the other.
Speaker 3: I'm joking anything for a laugh. I hope you're a charming young lady who is the female version of viral?
Speaker 2: Okay, so viral? Sorry? Sorry, really quick? Going back to that viral means you can produce sperm.
Speaker 3: To ferule means manly. Oh yeah, capable of doing manly so called manly things.
Speaker 2: I thought it was the masculine version of the female fertile fertile. No, I used to be called fertile, myrtle.
Speaker 3: Fertile merle. Well you were, weren't you? And you are like a rabbit?
Speaker 2: I know not anymore?
Speaker 3: You fixed it?
Speaker 2: No, I think I'm in menopause. Oh I think.
Speaker 3: Do you have a hot flash only when you see porn?
Speaker 2: Porn?
Speaker 3: Hot flash? Well, are either eating a pickle or seeing porn? You get your your wait.
Speaker 2: I don't watch porn. Is that weird?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I always tell boys I watch it, but I don't watch it.
Speaker 3: You don't watch porn? No, no, nor do I. You're such a.
Speaker 2: Liar, swear to God, to God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's God?
Speaker 2: Not Myrtle, not Margaret? Are there?
Speaker 3: God is me?
Speaker 2: Margaret?
Speaker 3: Do you remember that book by Jenny I'm fertile and viral? Is I think two different things?
Speaker 2: All my children were I naturally had them, didn't try, we just they came when they wanted to come. And my last one, I got pregnant naturally at forty four. I was told I was under five percent of women that naturally. Yeah, so it could happen even though I'm in menopause. I heard women can then get pregnant again.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that there are cases that I know of where women froze their eggs in advance of thinking they may not have them at fifty when they might want another child.
Speaker 2: Right, I have frozen placenta, But I didn't freeze my eggs.
Speaker 3: You froze the placenta that feeds the baby, didn't The placenta isn't the.
Speaker 2: Egg, it's the sack, correct, Right, I froze it.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, no, no, don't worry.
Speaker 3: It's no my information here.
Speaker 2: You know it's nowhere near your pickles. It's in the freezer in the garage.
Speaker 3: In the garage. What are you gonna do with it with your placenta?
Speaker 2: Originally?
Speaker 3: What was your intent? Uh?
Speaker 2: We ate a little bit of it.
Speaker 3: Raw pickled?
Speaker 2: Uh, I should have pickled it. I mean it's real pickled. I don't know. It's like Yeah, my husband at the time he sawitated.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was really good.
Speaker 3: Actually, no, dear, that's kind of crazy. I mean I think it's probably healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the baby lived on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what was your intent?
Speaker 2: Because you know what, I really don't know. I had so many like friends in my ears saying, oh, it's supposed to be good to put it back into your body.
Speaker 3: And it goes to your stomach with all those acids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I should look back into it though, because maybe a good lacksative now because I need something. You having trouble the water's not working.
Speaker 3: So we have you tried ananema?
Speaker 2: An enema?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well how have you like? How? Oh?
Speaker 2: Wait? How have I tried it? H Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean I haven't What is your methodology? You haven't tried a nanima?
Speaker 2: No, I've tried an enema like before, anal sucks?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What? What did you just say? I tried it like what I did.
Speaker 2: Near the next phrase, I said, I've done an enema like before anal sex.
Speaker 3: Oh really? Is that did that work? Yeah? Yeah, listen to me. I'm going to ask you an intimate question and you don't feel like answer it. I mean, this is your show. What pleasure is there in anal sex?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 3: You love it? Then continue your enemas and your level of really blow it out.
Speaker 2: I haven't done it a lot. I'm not sorry.
Speaker 3: No, but you want to do more with the well now.
Speaker 2: I'm getting divorced, so with the right human Well, of course, yeah, I actually enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Wow, what do you What do you enjoy about it? Because you don't have the nerve ends down there?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, Well, something's connecting?
Speaker 3: Well, I how because the you know, we know the anatomy of female, the nerve endings are obvious there in front, and then there is some connection. I'm no, I don't think there is a connection.
Speaker 2: In the tint. What's that piece of skin between the Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, m there there is that separation of the anus and the vagina, right, yes, and you're talking about the space in between. Yes, and that's very sexual for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, no, you said, yes. Oh no, Now I have to realign my where my anatomy is. So if it goes in here, it's it's touching something that feels good.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's really all that matters. It's touching something that feels good. That's wild. Dare I go further? Yeah? Can you orgasm?
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's a whole other, No challenge.
Speaker 3: No, sweetheart, that's the same. It's part of the same, whole thing, same whole thing. Better use another word. It's the same. It's part of the whole act of making love. Is your orgasm is vitally important, critically important? Yeah? Do you orgasm all the time? No? So do you organize organized orgasm? Only part of it? In a small part of the time. I mean, how in the in ten meanings of making love? How many times will you have orgasm?
Speaker 2: Wait that I said that I did, or that I did.
Speaker 3: I'm interested because you don't orgasm very much. Now, okay, so if we were to say ten sessions of love, yes, of those ten sessions, how many times would you have orgasm? None? One?
Speaker 2: Ten orgasm?
Speaker 3: How a full or well what it described to me? A full orgasm?
Speaker 2: I think that there's two different types of orgasms, okay, like a vaginal and a clatoral.
Speaker 3: Correct, I don't think apparently would.
Speaker 2: Be an anal one.
Speaker 3: I don't know, right, so there are three? No, I think it's all one. It's all the explosion of those nerve endings that have been if you excuse the expression titillated to the degree necessary to cause an orgasm. I think there's only one type of orgasm, but there are many ways of achieving that orgasm coming from the same source.
Speaker 2: I challenge you on this.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure on the female anatomy either. I'm not sure, but from things I've read and people I've talked.
Speaker 2: To, not the porn, you see, because you don't watch porn, just like.
Speaker 3: No, we don't want Well, there's no reason why not to watch porn, is there. It's not against the law or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: So why don't you watch porn?
Speaker 2: Because they typically have five kids around me at all time?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that'll make a difference. Yeah, but aren't they go to sleep? And can't you turn your TV on?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Can you cause your own orgasm? Can you masturbate? Yes? Okay, So where are you masturbating.
Speaker 2: To What am I masturbating.
Speaker 3: To physically on your body?
Speaker 2: What are you touching my finger?
Speaker 3: Yes? And what's on the other end of your finger? Uh?
Speaker 2: You're most everyone clip?
Speaker 3: Yes? Okay? Is that where you're just whispered into the microphone so nobody would hear my clit? Okay? So so what a minute? So you masturbatee and you're and you're touching your clitter is right? Correct, that's the source of your orgasm.
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: So everything else is touching or disturbing or prova everything physical. There are ways of achieving climax without touching it all. But that which you touch is your clitteress, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I'm way more interested how you reach a climax without touching at all?
Speaker 3: But yes, well, touching with your finger.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant right, like.
Speaker 3: Or vibrator thing the extension of your finger.
Speaker 2: But I was wondering if what you were saying is that sometimes one can climax without any touching at all.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: How is that possible.
Speaker 3: Because the excitation of your imagination has reached the nerve endings of your.
Speaker 2: Glitteris you just blew my mind?
Speaker 3: Well? You had an orgasm of the mind.
Speaker 2: I like that kind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the other's much more fulfilling. No, no, not necessarily. Yeah, I don't know. After fifty maybe not. And I'm ninety three and you making fun of mirror yourself?
Speaker 2: What are you making fun of mirror yourself?
Speaker 3: Uh no, no, not talking about me. I'm hidden in shadow. I'm wearing black, so are you, by the way, I am. Well, that's really fascinating. The fact anal thing is is I know a lot of people do yes and and and arrive at satisfaction. I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 2: Never been your thing. No, no, no giving, not.
Speaker 3: Giving or taking upper. You're what do they call it? Your upper or lower? On top? Your top or bottom? Yeah, no, it never occurred to me to do any of that.
Speaker 2: I top from the bottom. You will I top from the bottom.
Speaker 3: You can't do that. You're a bottom. Well, you've only You've only got the receptacle. You're being literal, Well, yes, aren't you?
Speaker 2: No, not really, I'm citorious.
Speaker 3: I just got to go down with one of the weirder this bay, this bab historic, it's twee.
Speaker 2: I could talk about sex all day long. So I'm not Matt Well just went there.
Speaker 3: I hope some people just break away to watch one of the shows that I'm doing, or play one of the albums I've got, and then come back to this. It's hysterical.
Speaker 2: Yes, it'll be like the little like vignettes in between. It's like the not the mouse boush, but the palate cleanser. What is that called?
Speaker 3: Amuse bh? Is good? But then your amused bush is different about what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yes, apparently, because I really believe there's two types of organisms, two sets of what orgasms? One in the bush? No, oh, that'd be different, one in the bush, and I guess one of the tush. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, you know because you've suffered, you've you've gone through it, you've delighted.
Speaker 2: Did you say suffer almost well you almost well suffer, can be.
Speaker 3: Uh, can be static? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I understand, Yeah, I understand. Wow, this is really interesting.
Speaker 3: You know what I know nothing pickles.
Speaker 2: Pickles are made with vinegar, and vinegar is a very good enema, like a douche as well. And you were asking me if I'm so dehydrated that maybe have I used it? Yes, just bring it back around you would do the same.
Speaker 3: We're good. Yeah, well it's been a delight.
Speaker 2: It has been a delight. Before I go, I just have to bring up because people would be like, that's really weird that we have actually been on camera together twice.
Speaker 3: I remember you as this little blonde kid. Was it on hooker?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 3: And what did you do?
Speaker 2: So? Uh, now it's a different time. It was nineteen eighty four, so I have to say now I was a nomad. I was what am I supposed to say or because we can't say the G word, but I was. Yeah, I was avenging my uncle's dad and I wanted to kill his.
Speaker 3: But I do remember this. Here's a picture for you outside of Warner Brothers, which it was at the time, there was a telephone booth and I don't know why I was in the telephone booth, but I called your father to report on how good you were.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was delighted to hear from me. Why was I in that telephone booth? Why did I you know, I have no recognize there's been many years, but I have a picture of it being evening the shoot was over. I was in the telephone booth and I had called your dad to say how wonderful you were, thank you.
Speaker 2: It was. I loved that experience. And I remember I remember we were doing a rehearsal and it was a walk and talk and we're going to get it in one. And I didn't know at the time that when an actor in the scene says line that they're asking script supervisor, you know what's the line? And I was eleven, so I like had all the lines memorized, and you had called out line and I turned and said the line to you.
Speaker 3: My line.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh my entire career.
Speaker 2: I've always been shamed about that for myself because I was like, oh my gosh, gosh, William Shanner, like I said a line I didn't know. I thought you were asking me what the line was.
Speaker 3: Oh, for goodness sake, and you've carried that with you the whole time, the whole time. It would have been the most charming. I mean hearing you and I don't remember the incident, but that would have been the most charming thing that could have happened this young this is eleven years as old you, sir, Your line is you know I have a vaginal.
Speaker 2: Explosion day we would be I was eleven and yeah, we'd be talking about orgasm tickets. And then we did a Christmas movie called a Carol Christmas and you were the Ghost of Christmas Presents, and once again I loved working with you, but it was a whole different experience. We were friends and we got to hang out. I remember seeing on a golf car talking in between takes, and I still to this day I say, I'm fifty one. But anyone I've ever worked with, I've never to this day seen anyone hit a mark like you do. No dribble, no dribble. It was unreal.
Speaker 3: Wow. Well it's an acquired art, I guess.
Speaker 2: It is, and so is an anal orgasm. So we each bring something to the table.
Speaker 3: So everybody bring hits has to hit their mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.