Speaker 1: The Apple Watch Series ten is here. It has the biggest display ever. It's also the thinnest Apple Watch ever, making it even more comfortable on your wrist whether you're running, swimming, or sleeping. And it's the fastest charging Apple Watch, getting you eight hours of charge in just fifteen minutes. The Apple Watch Series ten available for the first time in the glossy jet black aluminum compared to previous generations. iPhone Tennis are later required. Charge time and actual results will vary.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: You know your mom gets really mad at me, Demanse when I call you an idiot like real.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that well, that that makes me sad that she gets mad about it because like that, oh gosh, that like might imply that I might actually be an idiot, And she's like, you.
Speaker 5: Know, don't call him an idiot. No, that's not true, but that's funny.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm smart when it comes to the wait, what's that look?
Speaker 3: Man? No, I just want to hear where the sentence you're I'm just really excited to hear where the sns going.
Speaker 4: I'm smart when necessary. You know, there are some things that you know, you live and you learn. There are a lot of things that I've done that make me look like an idiot that won't be done again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: Just don't make the same mistake multiple times. That's true, given some of your choices and situations. The fact that you found yourself in the fact that you're alive speaks to a pretty high level of intelligence.
Speaker 5: Welcome in.
Speaker 3: It is episode fifteen of the What's Right with Nick Great podcast and YouTube show.
Speaker 5: As I asked you every week.
Speaker 3: Please, if you're listening or watching right now, click the subscribe button on your favorite podcast app or on YouTube wherever you're watching us. Also a reminder, we are continuing our countdown of the fifty greatest players in the last fifty years in the NBA. Those special episodes come out every Sunday. We are now into the top thirty five players of the last fifty years in the NBA. And so it's a project I've been working on for years. It is so excited, exciting, pardon me, to finally be able to release it to you. Also, you might notice here in a moment with the setup's a little different today.
Speaker 5: I'm doing this show today.
Speaker 3: From Los Angeles, which means, for the first time ever in the short history of the What's Right with Nick Great Podcast, my co host sidekick son Demanse is not in the same room as me. He is back at the house in New York City. He is sitting in the big chair today. He is very happy about this. Maybe a little too happy about this. We will discuss that in just a moment, but we've already shown him on camera earlier than we should have. I feel like it's all going to his head. So now let's get to what we are not discussing on today's show. What did not make the cut for today's show is Jake Paul fighting in August.
Speaker 5: I don't know if Jake Paul will ever make this show.
Speaker 3: Malink willis sliding in the draft, and the fellow who announced the Vikings pick might still be talking. I don't blame the guy. There is your moment in the sun. You know, I mean, take your fifteen minutes, take the full fifteen minutes. However, demons, I now, instead of turning my chair towards you, just look right into the camera and the screen beneath it and ask you, what are we starting with today?
Speaker 4: So Celtics lose Game one to the Bucks. Oh, say it again, Say it again, buddy.
Speaker 5: One last game one, yea was just great. Our bet isn't looking too great.
Speaker 4: I might have to recall on that one you tweeted that the Nets were so overrated that the Celtics looked overrated for sweeping them. Yep, I know you've given you Honis his love all year, but even you gotta admit, man, you did not think he could beat the Celtics alone.
Speaker 5: Well, he didn't have to beat them alone.
Speaker 3: Drew Hollidays better than Kyrie Irving and come to the playoffs, and Drew Holiday helped out and they they're a deep team. And here's the deal. The Nets have been a Ponzi scheme for a couple of years, and as often happens with Ponzi schemes, there's a lot of people that are innocent victims.
Speaker 5: The innocent victims in this.
Speaker 3: Case was the betting public that bet the Celtics at minus two hundred to win the series, like total dopes, and my my colleagues in the media that were installing the Celtics' favorites because they were treating the Celtics like the Celtics have just swept a really good team as opposed to sweeping a mediocre team. The Nets have been the Hawks for two years now. Maybe the Hawks have had more success. No one but me wants to acknowledge it. So why am I still talking about the Nets? Because the Nets were as much at fault for the Celtics losing Game One as Jalen Brown was. And by the way, Demons, is a little shout out to you and the Celtics. I am wearing your shirt with a little four leaf clover on it. But that's as much Celtics helevels you're going to get from me today. Because here's the deal. I don't need the Celtics made the second fewest two point baskets any team has ever made an NBA playoff history. They only made ten twos. You might say, also, they made a lot of threes, but that's what Milwaukee wants you to do. Milwaukee, the last two times they played Boston, both games, Boston shot fifty threes. And you might say, well, in today's NBA that should work. It could work, but Milwaukee is so good at rim protection and so good at not fouling that if you're not getting free throws, you're not getting layups, you better be on fire from And they had eighteen of them and got blown out. They had eighteen threes and didn't score ninety points. And this is no different than playing a video game and playing on rookie mode and then all of a sudden going to all matt You're not ready for the degree of difficulty jump. So Boston played a team in round one that had no room protection. The Bucks have the best room protection in basketball. They played a team in round one that takes the worst shots imaginable. Milwaukee takes nothing but good shots. And in round one they played a team that has no offensive game plan. The Bucks know exactly what they want to do. So in a game where Giannis goes nine for twenty five, Boston still gets blown out. And so I'm telling you this much, pal, it is a must win Game two for Boston. If Boston goes down to two at home, this thing is over before it starts. So it is a must win Game two. Jalen Brown will be better, Marcus Smart might be better. But the word for Boston is Jannis didn't have some explosion. But Yiannis is to this point in his career where he can have a bad shooting night and still be the best player on the court by a mile, control every facet of the game. Bonus, take demons, and I want your opinion on this before we move on the alley oop to himself. Now, you're a guy who one of your best traits basketball wise was your athleticism. You're leaping ability, and you're tall for regular humans, not super tall for basketball players. You're six three six four. Giannis is six ' eleven.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Am I crazy for thinking that alley oop to himself should be a part of their regular playbook? I don't know how who can guard it if he gets midway down the paint and throws it that high off the backboard to himself. I think that should not just be a break glass in case of emergency play. I think they should do that twice a game. What's your opinion on that as someone that could have I mean.
Speaker 5: It was, it was it looked pretty easy.
Speaker 4: And I mean, and I know I saw the way Jason Tatum was looking after that happened.
Speaker 5: It definitely seemed like it kind of took them out of the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, I mean if how easily he executed it, yes, I mean that should be a.
Speaker 5: Thing that they do more often.
Speaker 3: If Robert Williams isn't in the game, if the tallest Celtic defender is Al Horford, who can't jump.
Speaker 5: Then I think you got to do that.
Speaker 3: I think that's actually like a little hack of a great way to get two points. All right, what's next? What are we doing now? And I'm gonna hit the clock today throell or high water. If you're watching, we have ten minutes on the clock.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna hit it. Go ahead, what's next? What are we doing now?
Speaker 4: The Warriors win Game one against the Grizzlies. Yep, even with Draymond getting ejected Jordan Poole went crazy. John Moran is gonna have to I mean, but Memphis, you know, still stay in the game. John RAN's gonna have to play some of his best basketball if they want to win this series. Yep, but you know he's still super young. But he's the best player on a two seed. What are realistic expectations for a job Ran in this series?
Speaker 3: I think he lived up to him in Game one. I thought he was excellent in Game one. He missed the potential game winning layup, but I mean what it was thirty four to nine and ten, I think the No, I'm serious, I'm not being sarcastic about this.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 3: I picked Grizzlies to go to the conference finals before the playoffs. I started feeling terrible about that pick midway through their series against the timb Bowls. The Timberwolves are just such They just play such a dumb brand of basketball that it overshadowed the fact Memphis didn't execute great at the end of those games. And yesterday, how did they execute at the end. They're up three, Klay Thompson open three thirty nine seconds left. After the Klay Thompson three, they don't push the basketball. They don't get a two for one instead jog it stripped. Now, I did like the play they ran at the very end of the game, but they should have had more time than that than three point six seconds. But they took forever to commit the fouls because they had to commit two just to get in that spot, and they got, if we're being honest, very lucky. Clay Thompson miss both free throws. Here's the other big concern for Memphis. They they didn't out offensive rebound Golden State. That is their one clear cut advantage. Well two, pardon me, they have two clear cut advantages. One is with Clay being where he is at this point in his career, there is no one on Golden State that can stay in front of jaw. But the other clear cut advantage has to be offensive rebounding. But I'm really worried about Memphis. Memphis had to find a way to steal that game that they had no business winning. But Draymond got ejected, Steph wasn't very good, Clay wasn't very good. Josh scored thirty, Jaron Jackson had the game of the best game you'll have of all series, and they still lost. So I'm Memphis. I'm incredibly concerned that this thing could get at this series could get out of hand quickly. But I think Joh through Game one at least is doing about any everything you could have asked him, All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Fair point tape before Game one in Philly Miami, Joe Embiid is gonna miss a few games because of this face injury. Yep, this could have all been avoided if they just won the series in four to five games. But you know they still got hardened and that's exactly why he's there. Is it crazy to think that Philly could still win this series? And how much blame does Doc get for leaving em beat in during a blowout and that leading to an injury.
Speaker 3: Yes, let me defend Doc Rivers for a moment here, because this is the definition of Monday morning quarterbacking stuff. Because we all or a lot of us in the media who have TV shows. We're on TV Friday, and none of us were criticizing Doc Rivers because we didn't know Embiida had got hurt. Nobody was like, by the way, why was Joel Embiid in that game? It's only after you find out later in the day than in bed Dirt. They're like, oh, it was so dumb to have him in the game. The Raptors starters were in. I'm fine with Embid being in. This is bad luck. But to your original question, yeah, I think the media is overs rating.
Speaker 5: Let me restate it.
Speaker 3: I think Philly's got a better chance than the media is giving them. I don't know if you saw ESPN as twenty NBA writers pick every series. All twenty picked Golden State, all twenty picked Phoenix, all twenty picked Miami, and the only one that was split was Celtics Bucks, and thirteen of the twenty picked the Celtics, by the way, But if the first two were in Philly, I feel like this would be worse for the Sixers because you need to win your home games. But in a one four matchup, if you're the road team and you fall down oh two, then you go home for the next two. So even if they lose these two games without joellenbi because I think you'll be back by game three, they're alive. But the idea that they have no chance to get a split against the Miami team that's pretty banged up themselves, I think that's crazy. I think they they do need one throw back performance. But when I say throwback, I don't mean to four years ago. I mean to four weeks ago. Harden his first two games with the Sixers was outstanding, and he was very good in Game six, by the way, against the Raptors. So I picked the Sixers before the playoffs to be in the conference finals. All stick with it, assuming in beats back by game three, and I think there's a very real chance that they steal a game in Miami. Maybe they steal this one tonight, but maybe by the time you hear this they've won nothing Philly. But even if it's not, I think they're alive.
Speaker 5: All right. I said I was gonna hit the clock down. A lot of time left. What's next to Monsea? Oh goy?
Speaker 4: Chris Paul had one of the most amazing playoff games ever. Devin Booker is back. The MAVs barely beat Utah. Your case is that Lucas experienced in Slvania in the EuroLeague counts towards the NBA playoffs. Yeah, since we're taking before game one, it's your last chance you can.
Speaker 5: You can take back your pick of the MAVs. But this is the last time that all allow it. You know, why would I want to take it back?
Speaker 3: Luca is currently the second best basketball player a lot. It is Yannis one, Luca two, and a fight for third. He is the best player on his side of the bracket. He will be the best player in this series. And by the time people hear and see this, he probably will have already dropped forty in Game one. The MAVs are going to the finals and we'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Hey there, Ryan Reynolds here, It's a new year, and you know what that means. No, not the diet resolutions, a way for us all to try and do a little bit better than we did last year. And my resolution, unlike Big wireless, is to not be a raging and raise the price of wireless on you every chance I get. Give it a try at midmobile dot com slash switch.
Speaker 7: Forty five dollars up front payment required equivalent to fifteen dollars per month new customers on first three month plan only, taxes and fees, extra speeds lower about forty gigabytes on unlimited cementtmobile dot com for details.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright podcast and YouTube show along with my co host who is.
Speaker 5: Not an idiot? Demonse?
Speaker 3: Demonse, what are we starting with for the second segment of today's show.
Speaker 4: Let's start off with some mad quarterbacks. Ye Llamar Jackson was pissed when Baltimore traded Hollywood Brown and Green Bay passed on the wide receiver in round one. Again, it feels like Green Bay and in the Ravens are purposely trying to piss their quarterbacks off. Should teams people are focused on making their franchise players happy.
Speaker 3: So listen in certain situations, yes, in these two specific situations, no, So you know how the Packers made Aaron Rodgers happy.
Speaker 5: They gave him all the money he wanted.
Speaker 3: We learned this whole thing was about money, money, power, respect. He wasn't getting the power, so they gave him the money to show him the respect. And now they're going to run the team how they see fit. A lot of people thought they're gonna draft a receiver in round one. Rogers told McAfee, Hey, I knew who they were target round one. Once those guys weren't available, I wasn't surprised they didn't get him. Now, the draft knicks will tell you that the Packers reached on that linebacker in round one. So maybe that should be a little concerning, and that the Packers didn't you know that they actually reached with their first two picks because they of course had the extra pick thanks to the Demonte Adams trade. Maybe that's concerning, But I think Rogers is perfectly content given the fact he got paid. The Lamar Jackson Hollywood Brown Brown thing is very simple. The Cardinals got fleased. Giving up the twenty third pick of the draft for a guy who is not one of the twenty three best receivers in football is such a total win for Baltimore. They need to communicate that to Lamar. What was weird was that Lamar, according to Hollywood Brown, he told Lamar he didn't want to be there. He knew Lamar knew that Hollywood wanted a trade, and Lamar still seemed all shocked by it. And so, but they've got to sit Lamar down and say, we are one of, if not the best run franchise in the NFL.
Speaker 5: With our first first.
Speaker 3: Round pick, we got a guy who could have been a top five pick in Kyle Hamilton, the safety from Notre Dame. With our second first round pick instead of a third fourth tier wide receiver in Hollywood Brown, who was about to become more expensive. We got a center who could be the starting center here for the next ten years. Center is the safest position to draft in the first round. Historically, centers that go in the first round one hundred percent of them.
Speaker 5: I heard this star in.
Speaker 3: The draft have gotten a second contract in this league over the last.
Speaker 5: Twenty years, which means they have been zero true busts.
Speaker 3: And you just got to tell Lamar, like, if aj Brown nets the eighteenth pick, the fact of the matter is that you could get the twenty third pick for Hollywood Brown. Is just it shows that the Cardinals don't know what they're doing. The Cardinals are an example if you ask me of a team trying too hard to appease their quarterback. I think that Kyler Murray wanted Hollywood Brown, so they went out and got him, and they paid one hundred and eighty cents on the dollar for him, and so I think that there are certain star players you need to acquies to their demands. These two specific instances, I understand what the teams did, particularly the one in Baltimore.
Speaker 5: I think that was very simple.
Speaker 3: Arizona called up and said, we want to give you the twenty third pick for Hollywood, Brown and Baltimore. Eric to Costain Baltimore said, deal, no takebacks, call over, send it in. You don't wait on them to reconsider that all right now? I think we're playing a game this or that demons.
Speaker 5: What's first up?
Speaker 4: Patriots drafted quarterback in the fourth round who also sets the records for most passing yards in FBS history. Yep, mac Jones should be worried or not worried. Oh, he should be worried. He should be worried because no matter what, this is bad sign. The first option is the Patriots are not sold on mac Jones and they want some mac Jones insurance.
Speaker 5: That's not a good sign.
Speaker 3: The second option is they're trying to motivate him, trying to add a little chip on a shore, like, hey, Mac, maybe a little less time in the trademark office and practice in you're gritty and a little more time.
Speaker 5: Brined and tape. Uh.
Speaker 3: That wouldn't be a good sign. Option three is the one. I think the Patriots flatley just don't know what they're doing. That they they're a terrible drafting team. That Belichick has lost his fastball and his slider and his changeup. When it comes to the draft, none of their picks made sense according to the people that say listen, I'm not someone that has their own mock draft, but I know what the mock drafts say. I know what the supposed experts on TV say, and they were all unanimous that the Patriots had the biggest reach of the first round, a massive reach in round two. And I love the fact that my chiefs made two separate draft day trades with the Patriots because I look at the Patriots as the sucker at the poker table. You want to keep doing business with him, you want to keep getting in hands with him, and so I just I think the Patriots are They did this a lot with Brady, where they would use mid round picks on quarterbacks that, aside from at the Jimmy G you could say, panned out Jacoby Brissett, I guess you could say panned out kind of. But neither one did anything for New England except for the four games when Brady was suspended for cheating and the Patriots got back for Jimmy G what they had invested in Jimmy G like I and for Jacoby they got back less than what they had invested in him, Like I don't. I don't think we talked about this last week. I think using mid round picks on quarterbacks is almost always a fool's errand and Warren Sharp tweeted, this is just the third time in the last thirty or twenty years that the team has spent a top fifteen pick on a quarterback, and the very next year spent a first four round pick on a quarterback. The other two times it's happened was Josh Rosen went tenth overall and then the Cardinals totally gave up on him and took Kyler number one, So that's different.
Speaker 5: And the Texans when they.
Speaker 3: Took David Carr number one overall and then Dave ragone in the fourth round twenty some years ago, and that was, you know, that was the Texans, not a well run team. So I think Max should be worried because it's either because they don't believe in him, they want to add motivation which he shouldn't need to have added, or they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: I think it's they don't know what they're doing, all right, what's next? I hope Mac Jones.
Speaker 4: Hears that choose to give a PEPs off to one Carl Anthony Towns or Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 5: Oh, I give one to Baker. I don't think Carlton Downs means a pep talk. I think Carl Anthony Dowal he needs a stern lecture. I think Carl Anthony Towns. Now.
Speaker 3: I am sympathetic to Carl Anthony Towns because during COVID his family was decimated by COVID and he had to deal with so much death and so much loss that I'm sympathetic to him.
Speaker 5: As a person. But on the court, his lack of maturity is so jarring and the preening is silly.
Speaker 3: His lack of understanding of time score situation, that three he took with three minutes left, we'll just resonate in my brain for weeks to go in the NBA playoffs, So Carly in Lee Towns, I just think, buddy, you just finish your seven.
Speaker 5: You're bat on defense, you take dumb shots.
Speaker 3: I just Baker needs a pep talk because this thing looks like it's gonna drag on even longer, and this is an uncomfortable situation. At this point, I wonder if the Browns are trying to get some clarity.
Speaker 5: On what if?
Speaker 3: What if post You know, major League Baseball just suspended Trevor Bauer for two years.
Speaker 5: What if the Browns are now worried?
Speaker 3: What if the NFL doesn't suspend to Shawan for six games or eight games or even ten games? What if they suspend to Shan for a full season? Do we actually need Baker to play next year? Like whatever it is, it's not a great situation for Baker Mayfield. So he's the one I would give the pep talk to.
Speaker 5: All Right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Poor guy? Stranger a moment Odell reporting d boats in New England or Drayvon lebrating his.
Speaker 5: Ejection Listen, Odell was just being a goofball on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Draymond's like total mental break after being ejected was a it was vindication for the officials. I don't know Draymond's out here saying it's a reputation penalty.
Speaker 5: Maybe a little bit.
Speaker 3: But you know, the other reason you got a flagrant two was probably because you committed two flagrant ones on the same play. You whacked him in the face, that's a flagrant one. You grabbed his jersey and pulled him down. That could be a flagrant one.
Speaker 5: And if the.
Speaker 3: Refs had any type of you know, question about as this right to kick him out, the fact that he ran around the court like a total maniac vindicated their decision. But here's the other thing that matters Draymond Green. When he was suspended for Game five of the NBA Finals in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: Here's what happened.
Speaker 3: He got a flagrant two at the end of a Round one game against the Rockets for body slamming Michael Beasley.
Speaker 5: That's two flagrant foul points. At four, you get suspended.
Speaker 3: He got a flagrant one for kicking Steven Adams in the groin in the conference finals, and then for what in Game four of the finals, he punched at Lebron's groin, got a flagrant for that. He didn't get suspended for what he did a Lebron. He got suspended because it was his fourth flagrant foul point. Well, now he has two flagrant foul points, two more and he's suspended.
Speaker 5: I got a question for you.
Speaker 3: You don't think Chris Paul or Luke ad Ancic, two of the most irritating s talking players in the whole league, are going to get under Draymond's skin to the point to where he takes a swipe at one of them. I would bet he does. And so Draymond like did not learn from that lesson and this whole oh woe is me? I would argue Draymond's rep works in his favor when it comes to his ability to scream at officials. He gets away with what would be technical finals for ninety five players in the league because oh, that's just Draymond being Draymond. So but I thought his reaction after being ejected was total lunacy.
Speaker 5: All right, what's next? Best dad?
Speaker 4: Job's dad or Jeremy Rucords dad with absolutely nuts after he got drafted by the Nets.
Speaker 5: I think they're both great dads.
Speaker 3: But Tim Rant seems to be a ton of fun, and I loved that when Tim Morant was asked after Game six by a local reporter about what he thought of Jos's performance, He's like, ah, Joe was trash this game, and Joe has said that my dad's my biggest hater, and.
Speaker 5: He was showing it there.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that he's courtside for all these games. If you know their story, he poured so much time and energy into his son, and the fact that he now gets to watch him on.
Speaker 5: This stage I think is so exciting.
Speaker 3: So I give him to listen Jeremy Rutgerds Dad, that moment was great too, but I'll give it to Tea Morant. We'll be right back with a story about me hitting a parked car.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back in final segment, What's Right with the Great Podcast? Please like, rate, subscribe, review, and check out. Our weekly series comes out every Sunday on YouTube and on your podcast feeds The fifty greatest players the last fifty years, so Deman's This is such a bad beat for me in every way possible. So let me give a little context here. Okay, So, like you know, I don't know if we've talked aroun on the show. Like six months ago, your mom gave me a hard time about the car needing new tires, like, we do not need the tires. We just got the car, you're wrong. And then like a week later, I was driving with her and one of our tires went flat, and she was like, oh, we don't need new tires. So then I made an appointment to buy four new tires. In between then and when we got the new tires, another tire went flat.
Speaker 5: But when she was driving, you remember that, and it was like, shit, just got it. You got out of the car and fixed it.
Speaker 3: I got out of the car and fixed it the first time, and then I had to go fix it the second time. The whole thing was disaster, And the biggest disaster was I argued with your mom about something and then was just proven dead ass wrong And I hit the clock for segments one and two. I'm going to need a little extra time for this one. So like a week ago, man, your mom and I are driving because you know, when she and I are in the car, I drive one hundred percent of the time. So a week ago, your mom and I are driving, and she does what she loves to do, which is tell me about my bad driving.
Speaker 5: And I just couldn't take it any more.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you know what, I think. I don't want to fight. I think though, I'm going to take a break from driving. I think I'll start being the passenger, Like, you don't like how I drive, I'd rather just chill anyway. She's like, oh, she's but she insulted, insulted driving.
Speaker 5: But and I'm like, I don't want to fight.
Speaker 3: But that, of course leads to not a fight, but a discussion, right. And at one point during the discussion, I'm like, Babe, we've been together almost fifteen years.
Speaker 5: I've never been in a car accident. I was like, do you think that's just luck?
Speaker 3: And she said, basically, yes, I do think it's luck because she's been in a few and I don't say anything about her driving. She's like, yeah, I do think it's luck. I think you're a bad driver and you're just lucky you don't.
Speaker 5: Get an accident. I'm like, okay, I think my record speaks for itself. That was one week ago. All right, welcome to fast forward. Well, fast forward to yesterday.
Speaker 3: So I on Saturday night had a few cocktails with I'm not gonna name names, someone I work with here at Fox and I, and so I was like, you know what, I'm going to leave my car at his house an uber back to the hotel because I've been drinking and do the responsible thing. So Sunday morning rolls around, I wake up, I uber some my buddy's house. I don't knock on his door or anything that, just uber to where my car is.
Speaker 5: Make a U turn in this residential street.
Speaker 3: I am twenty feet from where the car was originally parked, going in the other direction. Because I've made the U turn, I'm kind of like, you know, over on the other side of the street. And a damn cat darts into the street and instead of stopping, I try to swerve and I us crush this one hundred thousand dollars BMW parked on the side of the road. I mean just I'm driving this jeep and I just nail it and like almost drive up on the car, bang my.
Speaker 5: Head on the steam wheel.
Speaker 3: The whole nine It's a loud enough collision that my coworker heard it from his house, didn't know it was me. Came outside in his pajamas, and I'm in the street, having.
Speaker 5: Wrecked his neighbor's car. And so now I have I'm driving a rental, got some money problems. Now at this point, I assumed, well, let's.
Speaker 3: Be honest, I'm not having money problem, but there will be there will be a financial penalty associated with this because I mess up this dude's car. I'm in the rental. I didn't get the insurance on the rental because those things are a scam, Like my car insurance follows me. But I'm sure it's not going to be an easy I'm sure. And so I this happened yesterday. I you know, I've contacted and connected with Couz. By the way, I couldn't find the guy whose car it was. I knocked on every door in the neighborhood. So I just left the note on the windshield and left my number with someone who's walking down the street because they said they knew the person. So I've gotten in contact with him and sent that person all my info. So I know, like that's gonna be taken care of. But I haven't even called the car rental place yet. I don't even know what to tell him.
Speaker 5: You just got you just gotta messed up jeep. Right, How bad is the jeep?
Speaker 3: It's not great, buddy, It's not great. None of it's great. I mean it's like a And the car I hit was not what we call a cheap car. You know, it's not gonna I'm not gonna be able to pull the old demanse, which is, hey, how about we meet and I give you fifteen hundred bucks in a parking lot it probably pays for the vehicle that that ain't gonna fly here.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be a real thing that is in my life now.
Speaker 3: And the worst part of all of it, worse than the money, worse than any of it, is that your mom now, oh, gets to be like, oh, you don't get recks. Huh, you just hit parked cars. And so I was supposed to pick her up from the airport. That's what I was doing.
Speaker 5: I was only way to pick her up from the airport.
Speaker 3: And I had to text her and tell her, oh, you don't want to get up. I'm like, no, I got up, but the cars it's drivable ish.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so that's been pretty soon.
Speaker 4: Pretty soon you're going to be a two and three type, two and three train type of guy.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, call back to help me roasting you when you're talking the Doms Challenger. That's a great thing. You know what, you get the walk off line. You're sitting in the big seat today, you get the walk off line. That's today's show.
Speaker 4: Who Range Rover privileges revoked