Speaker 1: And now move the sticks with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody?
Speaker 3: Welcome to move the sticks?
Speaker 2: DJ?
Speaker 3: Buck with you?
Speaker 2: Buck?
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Nothing? DJ is here?
Speaker 4: I mean the week the weekend is here is We're ready. We're ready to watch all these games to get excited about who is going to jump out the gate. We've talked about it throughout the summer. How the Kansas City Chiefs have really been a team that has jumped out and has really positioned them well to make runs at Super Bowls over the last five years. Which teams are going to start out fast because you know, if you get to the quarter pole three and one, four and oho, it really sets you up not only to make the playoffs, but to get one of the top seasons.
Speaker 2: Conference.
Speaker 1: Now, this is episode today, this is what we're doing. We are looking at week one, so we're going to go through every game in Week one. I am so fired up. You are where you at Miami?
Speaker 3: Is that where the Jags are this week? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Jags down in Miami to be a hot one.
Speaker 4: You're dealing with a fast team, a team that operates like a track team. So very very quickly did Jaguars get the true assessment of who they are and what they are in the AFC.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be home for the Chargers taking on the Raiders Division rivals. Think about that was really the end of the previous regime, you know, was that Thursday night game in Vegas where the Chargers got the doors blown off by the Raiders. The Raiders finished up strong last year in Antonio Pierce, he gets hired on full time. The Jim Harbaugh Ras kicked off. So we're gonna get into tho two games in a little bit. But this is what we're doing. We're gonna find one storyline. Our favorite storyline is Scouts that we're looking forward to seeing in every single game. And we're going to start off first of all, we've got a Thursday and a Friday this week, which is awesome. Again, doesn't get any better. Ravens Chiefs right out to shoot. What are you looking forward to in that game?
Speaker 4: Looked at the Battle of the MVPs and I'm looking to see how Lamar Jackson handles the challenge of dealing with the kan City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: One if win in his career against the Kancity Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Pat Mahomes and company have really owned the Baltimore Ravens, and the Baltimore Ravens have the challenge of breaking a new defensive coordinator while dealing with the guy who knows how they can get it done at the highest level in Pat Mahomes.
Speaker 2: That puts a.
Speaker 4: Lot of pressure on Lamar Jackson to not only match with Pat Mahomes does, but I think he has to outplay Pat Mahomes. And when I look at this Ravens offense and I look at how they're constructed, I don't know if they're constructed for Lamar Jackson to get into a shootout with Pat Mahomes. So a lot of pressure on number eight, but even more pressure on maybe defensive coordinator Zach war to keep the score down so Lamar Jackson can do his thing on offense.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to two things in this game.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cheat, I'm gona give you two I'm gonna say air yards for the Chiefs. And this was an offense that didn't look familiar last year. I mean, Patrick Mahomes was thrown underneath more than any other quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I mean it was just get the ball to your hands.
Speaker 1: They're gonna play with two high looks and try and take away explosives, and we don't really have the explosive weapons that we're customed to, so they played small ball. And I think they've done some things in the offseason to add some explosive, dynamic players. Can they push the ball down the field a little bit more Thany did last year? So that's one thing on the chief side of things. I'm not worried about their defense, and the defense is going to be outstanding for the Ravens. Buck We said this early on in when we were doing these roster previews over the summer, and I believe that the cost I think Eric the Costa mentioned this the other day. Someone with the Ravens I think was Eric said he thought they could be the best twelve personnel team in the league. And that's something that we advocated for, said, Look, you get your best guys out there, and that includes Isaiah likely to go along with Mark Andrews. How do they creatively use those guys? Think about what that offense looked like early for Lamar Jackson when he came into the league. They had tight ends and they could go with a lot of different packages because of that room. I think their tight end room is going to be what kind of drives this offense. So I'm excited to see what that looks like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a tough group to match up with. Isaiah likely has star potential. You put him and Mark Andrews on the field, you are a bit of bound up. You're able to kind of I would say, tilt the coverage a few different ways in terms of being able to go that tied end wing formation or some of the other things that you can do. But it should be a set that the Baltimore Ravens live out of. And so when you think about that combination and adding Derrick Henry behind them, it's a unique offense that you have to defend.
Speaker 2: But a lot of be predicated on how number eight plays.
Speaker 1: No question, Friday Packers Eagles, what's your favorite thing for that game?
Speaker 4: Which version of the Eagles will show up? And the reason why I say which version is because this team is loaded. This team is super talented. We've seen this team play at a high level. In fact, last year they jumped out to a ten and one start before falling apart. I feel like they upgraded both areas at offensive coordinated Kellen Moore coming over to I would say, completely overhaul the way that they were doing things offensively, then defensively Vic Fangio adding some sage wisdom to that side of the ball to see how it all messes. And Mary's with Nick Sirianni's approach, because if they kind of play to their talent, man, this team should be one of the heavyweights in the league.
Speaker 1: It's weird to say you need buy in from the fans, but that's one of those kind of different fan bases, different cities, different temperature there. So in other words, you say, you got to have some success early, get buy in from the players. And like I think the players have, They've been in that division, They've seen what Kellen Moore run offenses have done to them, so they know how good he is. I think everybody in the building knows how good Kellen is. But I think it'll be good for the fan base to just go out there have a good showing like, Okay, this is this fits, this works, this is going to cure some of our eol's here. I would say, the thing I'm looking forward to on the other side is the Packers does a pecking order emerge from the white Outs. They've got all these young white outs and they're very talented, and they've spread the ball around. But does a eventually buck. I'm a believer that eventually there's an alpha that emerges, you know. It's it's it's nice to say, oh, we've got four or five number ones, We've got all these different guys.
Speaker 3: We can spread the ball round too.
Speaker 1: And it's a communist passing game, right, there's no everybody's treated equally here. But I just I believe that eventually somebody, somebody emerges out of that pack.
Speaker 3: Who's that going to be. I'm curious to see who that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, it's funny, and it's not only who emerges as the number one receiver. I'm curious to see if Jordan Love can pick up where he left off. A lot of the enthusiasm and optimism around Jordan Love is due to I would say, you stretch from Week eleven through the wild card round, where he was sensational eighteen touchdowns only one interception, really put the team on his back. But you know how it is dj to go from good to great in this league is about consistent high level of performance can he deliver those things, because if he can, then Green Bay Packers kind of creep into that conversation as a Super Bowl contender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're right there. They're right on the doorstep of being in that conversation. How about the symmetry here? Even think about this, but Steelers Falcons. Look at Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins. They're both They're in the same draft, drafted in a similar location in the draft. You had both coming out of the Big Ten. They're both on their third team. They're both trying to win over new teammates while there's another quarterback in the building that at least some in the fan base are excited to see. There's a lot of symmetry there between the Steelers and the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One, there are a lot of people that are excited to see QB two's as opposed to QB one. But for both teams, it made me in the best interest to hope that QB one gets off to a fast start because a lot of their Super Bowl hopes hand on their performances. I wanna take the Steeler side when I look at it and Russell Wilson. What's interesting is Russell Wilson being named captain despite the quarterback battle, despite the competition that they were supposedly having. The Stell has thought enough of Russell Wilson to name him the captain, and so having the Sea on his chest being able to lead this team. I'm still a believer that this is really important for Russell not only to continue his career, but to maybe cubmit his legacy as one of the best players to play the game at that position, because if he wins in Pittsburgh and has enough success, he then opens the door for him to maybe get back to that gold jacket status that he appeared to be trending towards when he's with the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: In this front Yeah, that's Sea on his uniform. Buck stands for cushion. Because if you thought there was good, if you thought there was gonna be a quick hook, when you throw the Sea on your chest, that means we're going to give him a little time to get adjusted and figure this thing out.
Speaker 3: That's what that tells me.
Speaker 1: If it was really neck and neck and it was a last second, you know, Russ won that job by a nose. I don't think you name him the captain thinking that there could be a hook coming soon.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think there's any way, because you really kind of compro his leadership potential if you have a quick hook with him. For Russell, I think this is a situation where you want to give him every opportunity to kind of play his way into being the franchise quarterback that you thought you were getting when you brought him over from the Denver Broncos. I still believe he's a good player. I think the offense is not going to be what many expected. Want to see a flower over the yard. I think Russell being inserted at quarterback is about helping this team play winning football from a managerial standpoint, not from a playmaking perspective. Hopefully he still can give you that in the fourth quarter, but it still should be defense, running game, timely playmaking.
Speaker 2: If all those things line up, it should be w's for the Pittsburgh Studers.
Speaker 3: Man, let's free Bjon.
Speaker 1: Let's get Bijeon going here for you're the Atlanta and that means all your is the field, that means the passing game, everything. Utilize him. Cardinals, Bills. I'll run first here and look, I'll be honest with you, I'm going to keep this at the quarterbacks. I'm looking really looking forward to seeing both these guys. I'm looking forward to seeing Josh Allen Stefan Diggslet's offense. What does that look like? I think you'll see Josh Allen. He'll elevate. I think he will. I think he'll elevate and he'll elevate those around him.
Speaker 3: Excited to see what he looks like.
Speaker 1: And then I'm fired up to see Kyler Murray now back out there on the field, healthy like, back to the explosive, dynamic Kyler Murray to go along with Marvin Harrison Junior. I think this Cardinals teams a fun team man. I think I might even have pick the Cardinals in the upset in this game. I just I'm curious to see this team. I think they're gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: They have a lot of potential and there should be a lot of excitement about this team.
Speaker 2: Remember Kylin Murray.
Speaker 4: Most of the time when people have a cl injuries, it takes the second year before they return back to normal. We should see the version of caller Murray that we saw early in his career. If he is that player and you think about Barvion Harrison, junior Mike Wilson, what they have on the perimeter. This offense is good, surprise and defensively, Johnathan Genna has just done a really good job of getting this team to play hard.
Speaker 2: You expect them to take more steps with more pieces on their front line.
Speaker 3: Titans Bears.
Speaker 4: I mean it's all about the Kayn Williams show, right, Like, how do you get the young quarterback up and going? How are you able to balance wanting to kind of show off your talented you want while also playing game the right way to put yourself in a position to win behind the defense. That should be good. Just see if Caleb Willis can kind of settle in as a managerial type. We know the playmaking ability is there, but the guys that win games in this league are the ones that really excel at the boring stuff. He and Kayleb Williams become boring and managerial in his approach as opposed to being the gunsling er slash playmaker that he's always been.
Speaker 1: And I'll just say, look, Jeffrey Simmons, a dynamic player that is a weak spot of the Bears interior offensive line. He's capable of wrecking shop. He's a one man band over there, and he can disrupt things a little bit, so that would be the key I think to keep an eye on that one. Patriots Bengals man, Let's see what happens as we're recording this. We don't have the final answer on Jamar Chase. Maybe that's changed by the time you're listening to this, but that's a very big storyline. And then the Patriots, I mean, how long how long are you going to be able to keep Dreak May on the sideline? Jacobra Brissett, here's your opening, here's your opening act.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean so many storylines in this one. Does Jamar Chase one is interesting? I've never seen a hold in or whatever this is. With two years remaining on the deal. This is one where he doesn't have any leverage. The fact that the Bengals are even entertaining contract extensions with him not participating in practice, to me is baffling. If they have to play without him, it puts a lot of pressure on Jamain Burton to be ready to go as a day one playmaker, not a day one starter, but a day one playmaker that you count on.
Speaker 2: T Higgins is really good. I don't know if he can hold down the fort by himself. He's going to need a compliment.
Speaker 4: So that to me puts Jermaine Burton in a situation where he could wear the big sombrero going into the game Texans colts Buck, I mean, look, we've heard so much about it. To me, it's the battle of the young quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: C J.
Speaker 4: Stroud versus Anthony Richardson, all the things that we talked about. Stroud is a next level stuff. Can he be a top five player? Can he be one the next guy to challenge Pat Mahomes to be the face of the league as QB one On the other side, though, Anthony Richardson, I mean the hype bunny.
Speaker 2: Four games he played.
Speaker 4: But yet the expectation is that he could be someone that emerges as a dark horse MVP candidate. That is a lot on a second year player. It's a lot on a second year coach and Shane Stikeen to make all of this happen with a limited amount of experience that you have before building this offense around two guys.
Speaker 1: Tink Dell, I think it's got superstar potential. What does he look like here? Back healthy. He was awesome last year when he was out there with Stroud and then Latu. Latu your favorite player in the draft last year. So I stole some of your thunder there from the Colts edge rusher from UCLA. Not not an easy tackle to go up against in that one. So we'll see how he looks in his NFL debut. Your game Jags Dolphins, Buck, How.
Speaker 2: Did the Jaguars deal with the speed Miami.
Speaker 4: We can talk about the creativity and all those things, but ultimately it comes down to matchups.
Speaker 2: In dudes versus dudes. When I look at the Dolphins offense, man, they.
Speaker 4: Have some dudes, some Do'sas the Jaguars get a break because OBJ.
Speaker 2: Won't be cleared and available to play, He's out those first four games.
Speaker 4: But Jalen Waddle and Tyreek Heel, Rahiem Moster, Jalen Bright, Devin and a chain. You talk about a track meet that is going to test your explosiveness from top to bottom in the roster construction.
Speaker 2: Tough matchup for the Jags right out to gate.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at your Jags edge rushers to see what that looks like to me. Walker, Can he take the next step all the ability in the world. I thought you saw him got better last year. Uh to see continue to move forward there? Look, Josh is it Josh Heinz Allen, Josh Allen Hines. I got to get that straight now, joshines An Allen, Josh Heines Allen Again, those two pairing up, What does that look like? That has the potential to be a really really good pairing as those guys continue to learn and grow as young, very very talented players. But you know when you're if you're young and you wore something, you know, you wore something new, and you went to a party to get together and you got a lot of compliments. Maybe it's a new jacket, a new shirt, new hat, got a lot of compliments. You know what you like to do? Is you like see you know the next one I go to, I got to have something else new because I like those compliments. Remember last year the first four games, all we talked about was the new motion that they were using with Tyreek Hill. Yeah, I think I'm thinking Mike McDaniel's got a new motion. I don't I don't have any intel on that. I just feel like you got so much love and praise for the creativity and bringing something real to come with something new, like what do we got here? And you might be the guinea pick here with the Jags to see what he's going to dust off that he hasn't shown at all in the preseason. So I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of creative wizardry he throws our way here in that ball game. Panthers Saints who this.
Speaker 4: Has been DJ This is one where you want to see if Bryce Young can bounce back. I want to see what Drew Canalis can do to get Bryce Young to play and play really well. Drew Canal has got a lot of credit for the work that he did with Baker Mayfield his first season as offense coordinator. People give him credit for helping clear the clutter in Geno Smith's brain when he had that breakout season up in Seattle and Canalis was a quarterback coach. How does he unlock the talents of Bryce Young? Bryce Young number one overall pick, there's expectations that come along with that. How quickly can Dave Canalis get Bryce Young to play at the level that many expect when you're.
Speaker 2: Number one overall?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I just would say ditto. I think that is the number one storyline in that game. And I don't want to put too much on week one, but man, it's just got to be better. It's got to look better than it did last year. Provide a little bit of hope for that organization. And you know, if not, that would be really, really demoralizing. So whatever you've got, you know, won't save anything. Unload the bucket here in the first game. Whatever you got to do, the pump some confidence into not only Bryce, but into this team and into this city that desperately needs it. All right, let's say quick break, we come back. We'll run through the rest of these games right after this. Vikings Giants kind of a sneaky interesting game.
Speaker 4: Buck Yeah, sneaky interesting because to me, this is Sam Donald three point zero. This is the chance that everyone has been If you're a Sam Donald fan, you've been waiting for him to link up with an offensive mind, as creative and is as aggressive as Kevin O'Connell. Now that we are here, how does Kevin O'Connell get Sam Donald going? The weapons on the perimeter are outstanding, probably the best set of playmakers dead he has on the perimeter. You think about that, you think about what they can do with Aaron Jones the office line of solid. To me, this should be a chance for us to finally see Sam Donald for who he is and who he can be at this level.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited to see his debut.
Speaker 1: Now, a lot of unproven pass rush for the Viking, especially Neil Hunters gone right, Let's see what the pass rush looks like. It would seem to be a favorable at least if you're working off the right side of the Giants line, a favorable matchup that way to kind of get loose. So I think the line of scrimmage will be fascinating to watch there. And then I'm curious see how much they use Daniel Jones as a runner. How much is that going to be a part for a team that lost Saquon? How much is his legs going to help make up for some of that Raiders Chargers. I'll be on the call for that one on the Chargers radio with bar Buddy Matt Muney Smith from the Chargers perspective. I was telling Money this the other day. You know, this is my seventh year doing their games. This will be the lead I feel like I know about the team coming into the game, which makes for a fun a fun setup. I want to see, Look, what does the running back share look like? JK Dobbins, big Gus Edwards. Who's going to get the line's share of the carries? How much are they truly going to run the ball? I mean, everybody's talking about, you know, hardball line of scrimm. He hasn't had Justin Herbert before, So what does that look like? And then defensively, very creative there with Jesse Minner. I like everything that I've seen from him and his reputation the Raiders. I think this defense is a top five defense in the NFL. And now you put Christian Wilkins next to Max Crosby watch out. So that's going to be a great, great challenge up front for the Chargers. And then on the other side, Minshew, is it going to be helter skelter, wild, crazy, fun, you know, business and front party in the back haircut Gardner, Minshew? Or are we going to say we got a really good defense, let's not turn the ball over, let's not be stupid. If we got to keep the score down, we got to keep the score down. Ancient see if they tame that Tiger with Gardner Minshew.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So for me when it comes to the Raiders is let's not talk about it, let's be about it. There's been a lot of conversation that has come out from the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Side about want to do it.
Speaker 4: While they went with Ap, how they were going to get this team together, the things that he was doing, he had Senator to influenced that. You can't even question. You can't question what Tom Coffin's done the league. You can't question really what Marvin Lewis has done. So those guys have influenced him in terms of as a leader. But now full season on the job, what does this team look like and how do they perform and how do they perform in a game where the other team wants to measure revenge and redemption for how they play. Because basically Ap got the staff fired, Brandon's State company ushered out after that disappointing performance on Thursday night. I don't care what happens. The players that will holdovers they remember that. So it's gonna be a lot of emotion coming from the Charges sideline. How did the Raiders handle that and how does Ap get his team ready to play?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be interesting to see too.
Speaker 2: Bosa.
Speaker 3: You know, is he wearing a club? Is he not wearing a club?
Speaker 1: There was talk to he would have a club on the video of him the other day at practice with no club, So that'll be something definitely to pay attention to. Broncos, Seahawks Buck.
Speaker 2: Oh, the bow Knicks experience.
Speaker 4: Sean Payton handpicked bow Knicks to be the quarterback of the future. And when you're Sean Payton and you're the quarterback whisper slash guru and people are maybe questioning why you went with him, man, it's time to show improved. Bow Knicks was spectacularly during the preseason, complete almost eighty percent of his passes. You want to see a continuation of that while knowing that they're going to do some different things in their.
Speaker 2: Base and nickel.
Speaker 4: Offensive packages to allow the young quarterback to settle in. But now, this to me is about bow Knicks and Sean Payton being able to show off how good his young quarterback is.
Speaker 1: I'll go to the Seahawks side of things. Ryan Grubb comes in as the new offensive coordinator. Kenneth Walker is ready for lift off.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to have a month, monster year, and someone who can not only to me, it's hard to find the guys that can bang and then hit home runs like he is. Someone who can. He can grind out tough yards, he can land those body blows finish runs, but then also has the breakaway speed to hit some home runs. So I think he's he's he's due to bust out have a monster year for the Seahawks. Bonis obviously the headliner there in that one though. Cowboys at Browns the Tom Brady Game. What are you looking for here?
Speaker 2: Oh man? Cowboys at Brown's, the Shawn who the Sean? What? I want to know?
Speaker 4: Which version of Deshaun Watson is going to show up? It's been three years since we've seen the Deshaun Watson that played at a Pro Bowl level. With that player ever returned to the Dog Pound, we can talk about the money, and the money has always been paid. He got his contract kind of ripped up in a justice, so we got a bunch of cash to hit the account a few weeks ago. Now, if you're in Cleveland, you want to see is the Pro Bowl player, the one that we thought was going to save to France? Is he ever going to show up this week against the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: We get a chance to see if he ever can get back to the level that he wants to play.
Speaker 1: That Yeah, and I'll go to the Cowboys side of things. How much has rhythm disrupted just with the ceedee lamb miss and as much time as he has, I think you see a motivated Dak. I'm anxious to see some of these young offensive linemen get their opportunities. What does that look like? Lots to keep an eye on there on the Cowboys side of things. I think defensively they'll be just fine, but that'll be a heavyweight matchup. There two really talented rosters there with the Cowboys and the Browns, Commanders and Bucks.
Speaker 2: You know, like we talked about all the young quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: We can talk about Jayden and Daniels and those things, but to me, DJ is dan Quinn. And the reason why is because a lot of coaches never get an opportunity to do the second time around. And so for dan Quinn, what did he learn from his experience in Atlanta? What did he learn during his time as the defensive coordinated with the Cowboys Before he jumps back in for a second head coaching job. How do you earn those losses into lessons. I want to see how he applies them and see if you can make the Washington franchise a really strong franchise because of all that experience that he's going through.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you, if you're a Commander's fan, I guarantee you this is your thought coming into this game. You're just Jayden Daniels. I don't even think you're really nervous about how he's going to handle the moment. He's got it. He's got a lot of football in his background, even though he's a rookie. But Buck, I just man, you look it on paper, and especially the Bucks have some some d line when they can throw at you.
Speaker 3: I look at that offensive line.
Speaker 1: I mean I might I might just cross all the fingers, Buck, I might cross them all right here, they please please keep this franchise quarterbacks. Let him survive out here, and let's let's put a game plan together that protects him with the play call as much as the players in front of him, because I have some serious doubts about the guys in front of him whether they can keep him safe. So we're gonna move the launch point a little bit. Don't let the Tampa bay Bucks get a beat on where he's gonna set up, because this is against Adam Peters fault. At this point time, they're very early in roster construction. They've got uh, They've solved some problems, they brought in a lot of vets, a lot of leaders, got the culture where.
Speaker 3: They want to get it.
Speaker 1: But offensive line wise, there are ways away. So to me, that's gonna be something I'm keeping eye on. Can they can they just keep them out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I can they keep them out there? Can they do it? What is Todd Bowles do?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: As a young player? All of those things really really matter. There are a lot of people I feel like are sleeping on this Tampa team.
Speaker 3: Nobody talks about them.
Speaker 2: Nobody talks about Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 1: I've got friends in that organization to the point where I'm like, I'm waiting to get some text messages of Like I know they'll probably come if they blow the doors off the Commanders, I'll be getting text messages from those buddies. You guys have talked about us the whole off season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's gonna be some of that, and we know it.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be Uh, There're gonna be a lot of conversation that comes out of there. No one believed in this, no one picked this.
Speaker 2: Be careful, DJ, when you're picking those picks, make be careful to graphic.
Speaker 1: Dude, I get I get hit a lot. There's a lot of screen grabs that go along there with that. Rams and Lions. What a great rematch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a rematch that I think everyone has been talking about. For me, it's about the Rams continue to go with this young player premise where they are developing young players, they're putting them on the field, and they.
Speaker 2: Have a few holdovers, a few veterans.
Speaker 4: But this is a young team that Sean Payton, I mean that Sean McVay handpicked to develop and put out there. So what do these guys look like against a team that I would say that some people are predicting the Lions are going to the Super Bowl. How do you handle yourself in I would say a measuring stick game? How do the Rams measure up to the Lions? As we're looking at their talent compared to a team that should be a heavyweight in the NFC.
Speaker 1: Got a Lions team that needed to fix the secondary. They were aggressive and addressing it free agency and the draft. Well, here's your first test at Matthew Stafford coming back into the building with a healthy Cooper Cup, with Puka Nakua, with a talented group of skill guys around him, and the arguably the best play caller in the NFL. So let's see. Let's see what that secondary looks like. Excited to see that matchup. I think it's an awesome, awesome game. Last one here, Let's get to the Monday nighter. Just give us Aaron Rodgers for a full game. That's the first thing I'm looking at here. Jets at forty nine ers. That is my wish as he goes back to the Bay Area, you know that's going to be a special one for him.
Speaker 3: But man, I just hope let's just keep him out there. I want to see. I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that's going to look like, but I just we need to be stay out there because I want to It's gonna be mussy TV.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be mussy TV.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of drama that has really taking place on that side of the ball. On that side, you know, we're seeing so many conversations about who's in, who's out, how's he doing it?
Speaker 2: Will he be ready? We'll be ready for the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I want to go on the other side because I feel like it's been a bit of a three ring circus for the San Francisco forty nine Ers players won in contracts. Every marquee player that they had basically had their hand out after they went to the Super Bowl. Hey my money, So Sam, Steve Brandon and of your Trent Williams, all those guys. Now that you get them done within the week of the first game, how do you fold him into it?
Speaker 2: How do you keep the culture right? How do you get the team right?
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's just as easy as like, hey, everybody, go back to your normal spots. They haven't been around, so repairing those relationships and make sure the chemistry right.
Speaker 2: Tough job for Kyle Shyyp.
Speaker 1: That's going to be a fascinating game though, Man, Jets, forty nine Ers. What an awesome weekend of football, plus a bunch of college football sprinkled in there. It's going to be a great, great weekend starting Thursday night. We get the Chiefs, we get the Ravens, I am so pumped, man, cannot wait for this awesome weekend of football ahead. Anything else you want to add before we duck out of here?
Speaker 2: Buck?
Speaker 4: No man, first week, I would say this, everyone pumped the brakes. Don't overreact one way or the other. That's gonna happens the first week, does lost cause, just slow down, be patient, don't get too high too low. Hey, for you to run out of gas before we get the week eight team. It's a PSA that's not going to be heard. I can tell you that much.
Speaker 1: All right, hope you guys have enjoyed this one again. We've got one more episode coming your way this week. We will also have five five episodes starting next week. Each and every day. You got your move the sticks. Phil so appreciate you guys hanging. We'll see you next time right here on movie sticks