Speaker 1: I'll just let you guys go ahead and a question. Girth bughts been a couple of plays out out the house is early beginnings here, Ben, I guess what struck you back? It's been great. You know, the off season was awesome. Again, what we liked about him was, you know, he's got size and length and position flexibility and it flashed on tape and now you know, you see it in drills. You didn't get as much, you know, kind of team reps, and now to come right into training camp and to have all the juices flowing, You're getting more reps, you're seeing more team stuff. You're starting to see him flash more, which is awesome, which is what we expect from them. And I just want to keep you know, it's still early. It's been two practices, but we just think that the more guys that are new that come in to our system, they get more comfortable, they get used to, you know, the attacking, and we just think he'll just keep getting better.
Speaker 2: See a lot of I guess going home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for us, for our scheme, absolutely, just because of his sides explosiveness. You see the power that he has and the length and how he uses his hands and he's a loose athlete as well. But to go along with the size, he's heavier than you think and he's got just really heavy hands. So when you can tie that into the explosiveness of his lower body, if it's us really well, plus he's like I said, he can go inside and give you some flexibility as a rusher as well. You mentioned that flexibility. You've had guys like Ard and Key Charles Menne who kind of how much does having success with those guys in the past, they get more projectable when you do get the guy like I think everywhere you kind of have to have those type of guys, you know, just like you'll probably ask about the Nickels in the corners or the nickel safety or anyone that you need that because you can't you don't dress ninety guys. So you got a certain amount of guys that are on your roster. So when those guys have that flexibility, you know, you never know. You want those guys to be able to do that. They can plug in and go inside and outside, and not everybody can do it, but when they can, it's cool. It gives them, you know, added value for us, added value for our roster. Nick, what's your early impression of Anderson and Brown the two backup defensive tackles? Awesome, excited, really getting after it. You know they're it. It's still early, but you know they haven't been here too long. But you see the power. You see the explosiveness kind of in their body. Really want to see what they can do as they grow into it. But you've seen the athletic ability along with those heavy hands too. Right Brown, he's coming off an injury, but you don't really notice it because he can still bend and get it, be explosive and use his hands. So we'll just see where those guys go. They're young and they're new to our system too.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen victory over we did in the off season for a couple of days here.
Speaker 1: He's really you could tell he's been studying, been working on it. It's not really like hesitant at all in the communications and his being comfortable just in what he's doing back there, how he's communicating. You didn't see him do as many things in the post. He had a nice pick out of the post. You know yesterday he just got good natural football instincts. But what we knew about him is that he cared. He did a lot of things and I think the next thing that's going to show up for him. He's a good tackler. He's really physical. That's the stuff you haven't seen so far because you know the stuff in the off season. It was seeing this is he you know, he's a big dude, like he's swollen, he's like strong, but he's got that mobility. He's got some flexibility and he moves really well too. So to see that he's got the movement skill to go along. You could see that he cares. He's put the time into it, just because how he's communicating out there and moving around. That's an interception by Looter today. What did you think think about his progress from last year to this year. It's big because with him it was the injury, you know, and then he missed a lot of time and it was like catching up and so here it's just the progress. He's got great size, length and the pick he had today was awesome. He just went up and grabbed it, he snatched it, he high pointed it, took it. And the progress with him is using the size and length that he's got and he's been doing that he's got the feet for it. He's built right, he's strong, he's willing, he's a willing tackler. He'll go hit and again, just progress with him, and you're seeing it. Owner has historically not been that deep position group for you guys.
Speaker 2: This year it seems like it like how do you evaluate that group and and where everything's happening.
Speaker 1: I think, like you said, it's competitive the guys that we brought in. I think it was about guys have played, but it's a mentality thing around here. You want them to be Okay, are these forty nine er guys? And I think I said that in the Spring turn. I think kind of everybody has talked about it. We want the guys that fit us right, good players, they're tough, they're gonna play with the violence that we like. They love football. You can see it. And when you hear people that talk about them, if you know people, they all say good things about him. It all checks all these boxes. And then when they come it's like, Okay, this guy is us, this guy does fit he is a Niner, and it was you kind of feel like that with pretty much everybody that we've brought in. And that's what's been so exciting is the guys are working. Guess what, We've already got this core group of guys that worked their butts off. Everyone knows that that comes in, they see it and they're the same way. So it's like, Okay, how good can we be and then how quick can we become to get come together and be like a unit?
Speaker 2: You know, what's the biggest difference you've noticed in terms of like just preparation meetings and day to day stuff since Brandon Stalely arrived compared to the last couple of seasons. So that again, what's the biggest difference that you've noticed in terms of just day to day stuff preparation meetings since Brandon and Stalely arrived compared to maybe the last couple of seasons.
Speaker 1: For me, well, I mean for me, I wasn't a coordinator, so he arrived when that happened too, so my stuff changed at the same time that Brandon changed. So everything's different for me as far as preparations for meetings. But Staley's been great because he's you know, he's got experience, He comes from a couple of different systems and it's just helped us, you know, being able to talk through stuff.
Speaker 2: Is there any like major changes you've noticed or you guys, are you know, working implement that you've had to work here since he's been here.
Speaker 1: Oh no, We've we talked through stuff, just talking football, just like I would go talk to offensive guys. But we do what we do, you know, and he may have some suggestions that we talked through and kind of see some things on, you know when we're studying tapes of other teams and stuff like that, but you know, it's just good to have them. What do you think is the defensive effort today in practice? Who we please with it? Or are you ever pleased? How do you sort of practice? I never want to get too high or too low. You're right, everyone always that old saying of it's never as good as you think or as bad as you That's true because you can think it's like everything's great, because it's never perfect. You know, there's always something that can be fixed. There was the effort of liked. I want to watch the tape so you can see everybody. But I think our guys are playing hard, they're communicating really well. I think we fit the run game better today than yesterday. We've been competing outside, you know, covering guys. I think that's been fun to watch, and then competing in the rush too, So we'll see. Nick how concerner are you about the depth apend and you Last year you guys had to bring a charleton a number of guys for our camp. Do you think you might have to do the same thing this year? I hope not. I like the guys that we have. I think they're all working, so I think we have a good group. Thanks guys,