Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Robin Hood Trends Insights. That is of cw GVO on the Discord and courtesy of that being Miles's favorite spoof move.
Speaker 2: One of them. Yeah it's again. You know why I got it.
Speaker 3: That was one of the first movies I got in the Columbia House movie scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is the right age for you as well? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, uf fomo I have spomo spoof movies. Come over to my house and watch them. I'm jack killing it as always. And that over there, well that is Miles.
Speaker 3: Great Sheriff of Rottingham. So Trump, have you seen this, You heard about this, You've heard about this.
Speaker 1: He went to court, pled not guilty to thirty seven counts and went home.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool, yeah, that's cool. You get to go home after that. So a lot of.
Speaker 1: Eyes were on the crowd to see like if we're getting Jan six vibes or what's going on, and seems inconclusive. Like at first people were like the media is outnumbering the protesters, but it really like actually, when you hear the description of the event, like sounds like the like exterior of the Michael Jackson courtrooms, like they're just like.
Speaker 2: They're fitning laboratory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're just like they sang happy birthday because his birthday is tomorrow. I guess it's turned seventy seven. By the way, it's the new Many are saying it's the Beast. Yeah, but yeah, I think people are just you know, we'll we'll talk more about it tomorrow, but it's truly uncharted territories.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the most violent thing was the guy who had a pighead on a like a spike, who was walking around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it turned out he was just there independent of.
Speaker 3: The Oh yeah, he was promoting butcher business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, we get we dig into that a little bit more on tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 3: But yeah, all have to say there was no like, it was not calamitous out it was, and I think that was the thing. Most people are like, what the fuck's gonna happen on that day? But again, it's different because they don't have the entire apparatus of the media and donors being like, yeah, we'll bust people out. Yeah, let's keep saying this and that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: As this trial gains momentum, you could see it coming to an inflection point as like his situation becomes more dire. I think right now it's a little too abstract for them to.
Speaker 2: Pull the violence.
Speaker 1: I don't have the I do not have the imaginative apparatus to like have any idea what what this is going to be? Like No, you know, because it's not just a former president. People are like unpresident that it's a former president. It's that he is going to be the fucking nominee. They have no way to stop him from being the nominee. That that I'm aware of. Yeah, so it's going to be.
Speaker 2: They don't count Tim Scott out too soon.
Speaker 1: Man's I mean, you know it's not gonna be disantis. I'll say that much. Nah, all right, some croc collabs dropping on all of our asses.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Have high hopes.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you have crocs for the record?
Speaker 1: Any fart a record? Or not have any crocs? My kids have crocs and they do they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just want to get I always want to get the pulse of the youth.
Speaker 1: May wear them and like have them on twenty percent of the time that they're wearing them and just like kick them, you know three feet Yeah, Yeah, they're fun. To do that whatever place we're at, into the street. But they're resilient. Anyways, Uh, I had high hopes for the Kroco bells, the Taco Bell croc collab, like definitely could have been cool. There's some unofficial Taco Bell crocs out there that are a lot of fun. And you know, we we could have on this podcast designed some that would have been cool. Like we were just talking about how they should have looked like they were made of Gordida and yeah, like.
Speaker 3: When you want to wear you want to wear a Gordida crunch Yes, crunch wrap supreme. I do know, whatever I want to I want, I want it to be Baja Blath blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Baja Blath blue on these straps and then yeah, it looks and feels like you've just stepped your foot into a Gordida.
Speaker 3: These are just a shower shoe for cock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just made Adida slides with the Taco Bell logo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry. Sorry, guys, you got it. You have to do better than that. If I'm going to debase myself by wearing Taco Bell logos in public, you've gotta come correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's also a seven to eleven Croc. That that one's better. Yeah, it's much better. They got it first of all, like that, why I don't know why the Croco bells look like slides because.
Speaker 3: They're using a different the dock model. They're using the mellow slide. We don't like the mellow slide. We want the classic claw.
Speaker 1: Yes, seven eleven just went classic clog. The thing aimed seven to eleven color way of orange and green and put it on like a black bass and very classic Croc clog. And I mean the bobbles just gibb boggle the imagination the gibbets. Yeah, yeah, there's gonna be so many fun things to do with that. You just need a base that doesn't distract and looks like a Croc.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: But whatever, Kroco Bell, good luck to you.
Speaker 1: You're usually okay at the collabs, man. The clab is still I think the best collab we've gotten in the world of like major brands holding hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this fan is holding back though.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Yeah, there's a new Pink interview in which I wasn't aware that Pink concerts the the artist Pink for a while. Now her concerts are just her like being flung through the air like it's it's wild. It's like watching have you ever seen like one of those slingshot rides that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like at a like a like outside the Vegas Strip or those ones where people always blackout and ship on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that, except she's going, yeah, I just watch that. She's going from one side, like the stage on one side of the stadium all the way up to like the upper echelons of the complete other side of the football field soccer pitch sized stadium, like in seconds. And people are like, so, it seems like it seems like your aerial work has taken, uh, has taken the foreground of your live performances. Why are you like that? That's not necessarily what people are coming to your shows for. And her answer was basically like yeah, man, it's just fun as hell. Like she says in the interview, my mom was like, are you ever going to stay on the ground. I was like, yeah, I'm gonna stand there and lip sync. Sure, that sounds fun. No, why would I stay on the ground if I don't have to. It's really fun, it's really physical, it's really hard. It keeps me engaged, and it keeps me humble. Great, That is where I differ. I'm with Pink up to that point.
Speaker 2: You don't want anything physical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the physical part like that that that is not the idea that it keeps her humble Like that would make me feel like a god on earth and I would not be able to keep if I could just like stand there in front of you know, thousands, probably tens of thousands of you know, adoring fans and then just like fly through the air at the incredible superman like speeds.
Speaker 3: I think I think the humility isn't coming from that, though, Jack. I think the humility comes from thinking, oh, I'm going to body this sling shot stunt, uh huh, and then you do it and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Then there's just a comment so shit coming out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I can't even flip once without shitting myself, And like that was humbling. You know, I realized I had to put some work in to be able to do it. I again, the way this clip is on Twitter, it's so amazing to see her on stage.
Speaker 2: What is she saying here?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: In then.
Speaker 3: It's man, that's called production value, all right, Pink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's pretty cool. I'm Uh, I did not know, but I am currently in the market to uh check out a pink show. You just watch someone have the most fun that somebody can possibly have.
Speaker 2: Producer Brian makes a good point.
Speaker 3: It's like, if you're gonna lip sync though, like you're not doing cardio, so you better be fucking flying the fuck around, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I do just like there's something to being being like, yeah, I did it because it was like super fucking fun, and like we can watch that and recognize that it's so yeah fun.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the clip over and over. I'm like, whew, Like.
Speaker 3: On her path, I'm like, wow, look at you go on the like visa skycam, same wire technology, it seems like.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also in the world of live music, moving over to the UK, where is this is the Queen's Band?
Speaker 2: Who are they playing for?
Speaker 1: This is I guess the band Queen the Band?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: No, I mean it's it's part of like the Royal I mean their dresses, the Royal Guard. So it's got to be like their equivalent King Charles. Yeah, like their their top military band, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there's footage of people just falling out like members of the Royal Guard just falling out while like the trombone player in particular, as the video starts, is just on the.
Speaker 3: Ground, fucking ground, face down.
Speaker 1: Face down, just completely passed out because it was eighty four and you know there there's a lot of people on social media from the US being like I could do that shit eighty four degrees. But they, yeah, they're not built for it, literally, like they their uniforms have giant fur caps that are like meant to store heat from your body in them. Like super producer Brian was like, it's like having a giant hot air ballue on your head.
Speaker 2: Like it's a fucking bla.
Speaker 3: It's a bear skin cap.
Speaker 2: That's what's on their head.
Speaker 3: It ain't Nike dry fit, So motherfucking bear skin on your fucking dome piece and it's black, so it's absorbing all of that heat redirecting it on your head.
Speaker 1: Nah nah nah yeah.
Speaker 3: Then dark blue trousers dark it's like, nah, it ain't it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be all wool.
Speaker 1: They haven't presumably all wool. So you see this person on the ground and like the other people are like kind of like you you are, He like tries to get up. There's already another member of the King's guard being like stretched away in the background as this is happening. It is one of the great missed opportunity for a recovery if he had started playing the trombone on the ground and doing like the little curly thing where you like spin yourself around in a circle with your legs. But no, it could have been could have been great.
Speaker 3: No one wants to mess with the form anymore.
Speaker 2: Jack, Yeah, that's the thing, that's right.
Speaker 3: People are trying to fucking break barriers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The super producer on Josey you shared this tweet with us, which was that video and then uh from ron Iver.
Speaker 2: I Ronnie Bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, saying trying to think of another profession where you have to leave your coworker to die because the boss needs to hear your little tune.
Speaker 3: Imagine that you're like, help meet you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, man, Yeah, I mean the the trombone player gets up and just tries to resume and his you know, the bandmates are are visibly like physically concerned.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like, hey, no, I love the background though too. There's another guardsman being carted off like a stretcher moment. Yeah, Jack, would you have Would you have identified with this trombone player who, despite all the odds, trying to get back up on his feet?
Speaker 1: You know I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I would have suns too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, identify from you know, my my days idolizing Rocky and Karate Kid and now going back up Mick, get back up your son him a bitch because Mickey loves you. I was more like into the idea of that than the physical reality of going through traumatic situation makes sense. So yeah, anyways, you're gonna have to redesign some uniforms.
Speaker 3: Like would that be I'm curious, Like in the UK, is that something they're going to be talking about. They're like, is our planet now hostile to the Royal Guard uniform?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Like wearing a bear skin on your head is now it's not feasible from June to September.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have to change the hat or wear shorts. Just everything's the same, except it's just short shorts like the socks and sock garters. You know.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: And we will be right back. And we're back. We're back and wild story of four children who survived forty days in the Amazon jungle after they're plane crashed and killed all the adults on board. Of the kids were aged thirteen to nine, four and eleven months and they're it's mind blowing. It's wild. Their mom was with them and survived for a couple of days after the crash. Truly like a horrifying yeah story, but also just like one of the most amazing stories of you know, the resiliency of children. They were also indigenous like knowledge, so they knew the land or at least how to eat things. This I can't imagine if like the kids from the US all this to say, they crashed.
Speaker 2: This is so harrowing.
Speaker 3: Their mother survived in the beginning, but like succumb to her injuries like after four days and told them to like go on, like they weren't going to like they need to.
Speaker 2: It's like it's hard.
Speaker 3: For me to even say, because like I've been like, I'm like, what if my little baby was in the jungle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the thirteen year olds have to look after him. This shit as woll.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they were eating cassava flower and like for a over a fucking month, yeah, till they were found.
Speaker 1: It's they cassava flower from the wreckage and survived off of fruit that they knew, like they could eat because they were familiar with the flora of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, like that's wild to be, like you're thirteen, the eldest and now you have the lives of a nine to four and eleven month old truly like in your hands.
Speaker 1: But the movie is going to be incredible. Ron Howard's mouth is watering. He's a big fan of this.
Speaker 3: Ron Howard pretended to be a Colombian journalist to get into the hospital to get the rights to this.
Speaker 1: But yeah, uh well, wild story. Speaking of mothers, a mother and son have created a reverse edible chocolate for soft landing from people who get too high.
Speaker 3: Hmm okay, so you're like you having the drug freakouts and then you can have one of these so like kind of bring it all down.
Speaker 1: They claim it's like based on very it like a paper they read about naturally occurring chemicals that can counteract THHC and that they came up with the idea after having like one too many friends who ate too many edibles. Like the news article is funny because they're like, you know, describing the very common thing of people eating too many edibles, right, but they're like doing it in news speak, like they're hearing about it for the first time. The prison says it's because of the delayed effect of edibles. You eat a gummy bear, Wait ten minutes, I haven't felt anything, and you eat two more. An hour later, you're on your bathroom floor wondering where you are m And so, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, I remember people have said like CBD sometimes can help just like bring down the high. But I know that's kind of like one of these like sort of I don't know if there seems to be like conflicting evidence over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the whole thing, first of all, like marijuana HIGs are so different for different people, like even having the same amount, and then I'm sure this will have different effects on different people. And also the mom in question in this story is an entrepreneur with a background in non traditional methods of healing. So there's some flags that go off in my brain on that. There's definitely very interesting things done with non traditional methods of healing in the medical community. Entrepreneurs are I prefer to hear from doctors on those products.
Speaker 3: But they've been barred from studying and have anoids. But hey, I'll take your word for it, but yeah, I don't know. I mean yeah, like to your point, it affects people so differently. Like me with edibles, I just go to sleep. I'm not even having like this shit I see on TikTok where people are like I became part of the Windows XP screensaver.
Speaker 2: When I took it edible, I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Am a sleep That is me, Yeah, that is me. This would have been a product that would have been I would have explored. I would have kept on hand like an EPI pen in my twenties.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, narcan, Yes, you have it.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, those are some of the things that are trending. Yeah, on this Tuesday, June thirteenth. Yes, we are back tomorrow with the whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,