Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app It's Life Searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Happy Draft Day, let's see you know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Let's go. You know it's funny.
Speaker 1: We do the show every day and it's the best two hours of the day. Love hanging with you, guys, Covino on Rich. When you did this long enough and you forget sometimes we're on like almost four hundred affiliates around the country, don't remind me.
Speaker 3: I like to pretend it's just us.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: But when you're on all those stations and there's a piece of production that's.
Speaker 5: Like habitual bull scroller.
Speaker 1: I am that's hilarious, and they say you shouldn't be on for more than five minutes, I'm like, but look at all the juice online. This story's juicy. It's a strong article. Yeah, I'm doing a show. Prep man, the bulls scroll while you're doing it.
Speaker 3: Hit us up at.
Speaker 1: Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. Let's rock out NFL Draft Days. Here we're broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Be sure to tune into Fox Sports Radio's Draft Night Live, which is tonight APM Eastern Standard Time throughout the first round of the draft. Insider Jay Glazer, former Falcons GM Terry Fontano, College Football Hall of Famer LeVar Arrington. Fox Sports Radio Lead college football reporter Jenny taff All, have you covered for thirty two picks with predictions and reactions live here on Fox Sports Radio and simulcasting. I saw Elijah setting up all the extra cameras and lights. Yeah, you're gonna be on our YouTube channel. All presented by we Bawl. It's time to get your financial portfolio game ready. With we Bolt, you get powerful investing tools in real time data, all on one platform. Get started today by downloading the wee bol app or visiting we bowl dot com.
Speaker 5: We both Financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bul dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do the lurk as I said before, as the events catered tonight. Maybe get some wings, get some ribs.
Speaker 3: Oh, Johnny Howard.
Speaker 1: The lurk You know when that lurk often happens, like when there's like a hot girl in the office or something, all the guys come out of the woodworks to see. It's usually food or food or women, and like it's some people are lurking around.
Speaker 3: I might do that or at the gym. Yeah, people lurk in just to watch the chick.
Speaker 1: Were and Rich Steve Covino, that is I Rich Davis with Danny g producer from the game, much like how uh Chris Harrison back in the day and now who hosts The Bachelor? Jesse Palmer, Jesse Palmer, just like those guys will be like most dramatic season ever. I did see some rumblings like the Jay Glazers of the world will be here. The guys that are in the know talking about like ooh, there's gonna be some like salacious surprises tonight, Like dB, have you heard of any surprises. I'm not hearing of any surprises. But men does is going one beside that? I mean everything is is a surprise really because everyone has their draft order and no one's one hundred.
Speaker 6: Per Yeah, the Jets it's kind of been a couple of guys in at number two. The question I think really happens at number three because Jeremiah Love, the running back from Notre Dame, could be a possible.
Speaker 3: Running back that early is the question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and if he doesn't go there, he's probably likely to go four to the Tennessee Titans. That's when the drama starts. But it'll likely either be Rvel Reso or David Bailey at two. That's what we're hearing with the Jets. But I think at three is where everything kind of starts.
Speaker 1: Interestingly enough, it's so obvious that Mendos is number one. Is that bet even on a board in any casino, you know how, there's usually liked prop bests like you.
Speaker 3: Bet your life?
Speaker 1: You know you did if you could mortgage your home and leverage all that be like I'll bet everything I have.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to look. Usually I get odds emailed to me. It's got to be off the board to see if there was anything today.
Speaker 1: The biggest probably the biggest surprise ever in sports history. Yeah, if that doesn't happen the way it's supposed to, because there have been years where it's like oh one and two, the might have a which quarterback are they're gonna go with Ryan Lee or Pitton Manninger or Jared Goffer?
Speaker 6: Who you know, Carson Wentz, I remember the Mario Williams Reggie Bush. Ye would we kind of assume Bush was gonna be number one? And then word started to build up that it was gonna be Mario Williams at one.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you put any faith into our boy, Field Yates because he has great hair. He has Bailey at two and Jeremiah Love. You mentioned DBA three to the Cardinals, so like everyone's got their picks. We'll see how it goes down. If you have any thoughts on it, any surprises you could think about that? Hair alerts, Yeah, I get hair alerts from Field Yates to dude. I mean, I'm so impressed by his hair. I just got to trust him at this point.
Speaker 6: Just to answer your question about the odds, I got an email yesterday and they only gave me the second, third and fourth overall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I was gonna because it's it's not even worth doing. It would have to be like no joke. It would probably be like minus a million to win a dollar, Like, why would you even put it on the board.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went and looked in there. It's not even on the board, the first overall pick.
Speaker 3: So that's dB.
Speaker 1: We got Iowa, Sam and you Fox Sports Radio Nation and every Thursday we get you involved.
Speaker 3: We're in the middle.
Speaker 1: Actually, we're just starting old school in fifty hits, and it has to do with on this day. On this day in nineteen eighty five, you were practicing the Super Bowl shovel, practicing the Super Bowl shuffle. You were still practicing crane kicks, probably in your kitchen listening to Michael Jackson, I want to say, moon walking around trying to get those moves right. You were practicing stealing bases like you were Vince Colman or Reggie or Ricky Henderson.
Speaker 3: And what else. You were probably cracking into what is that New Coke? What's that all about?
Speaker 1: New Coke came out on this day in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 3: And the Best Kids Run cassette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you all remember, yeah, you were raising hell And if you remember, a lot of us were kids, maybe some of you older, that's fine. It was such a big deal because Coca Cola, it's one of the oldest products that we have here in America. You know, everybody loves Coca cola, Like there's a new recipe for Coca cola. Everyone's excited to try a different can and everything. And it was a major, major letdown. As Danny g said earlier, it lasted three months. And when you think of all the campaigning, all the advertising, all the money they put into that, it lasted three months grand opening grand clothes, And so that got us thinking about the biggest flops in history. I don't want to uh, I don't want to take the answers, but this you shouldn't call with an obvious answer, give us a good one, because if you're gonna say new coke, what do you immediately also think crystal pepsi?
Speaker 3: And I wondered there are people that say that Saturday.
Speaker 1: Night Live making fun of it by doing crystal gravy and doing all these funny bits like sort of.
Speaker 3: Didn't help it.
Speaker 1: And it really like, when you realize that cola is just a darker color, did we need crystal pepsi?
Speaker 3: But that was a big launch.
Speaker 1: I remember as a kid they made such a big deal about crystal pepsi.
Speaker 3: That was another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So on the day where we're all hoping that our teams get it right NFL Draft Night. What are some of the biggest flops in movies? TV brands? Mike who Runs His Place had a good one, Mike who Runs His taken his Place?
Speaker 3: Were about most recently Avatar?
Speaker 1: That recent Avatar, I didn't hear a buzz about that.
Speaker 3: I think it went an oscar for digital edit. Anybody who was talking about that movie.
Speaker 7: It's it's not that the movie was horrible, it's just they didn't get enough people to go to the theaters.
Speaker 3: To see it. That's what you're putting that much money into them. But hold on, let me ask you, Ashley.
Speaker 1: I'm not debating that it's a huge brand that I love the whole Avatar, Pandora Land, whatever it is that they have at Disney. It's one of my favorite rides out there.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're getting rid of the Monsters Inc. Building or the ride to make way for it.
Speaker 3: I love the ride.
Speaker 1: I love the little land out there, I love the I love the concept. But do you know anybody that's like a diehard fan of those movies?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I never I have never met anyone. I was like, yo, dude, you know what Avatar guy. Yeah, let me give you a flop from our childhood around that same time that you would think, I'm not saying the franchise is a flop. They made clear that last one.
Speaker 8: I think they made like ten billion dollars, which is not the franchise.
Speaker 1: There's a I got. I got two flops that come to mind. One when we clean rich, all right, we don't need we don't need Sam dumping you again.
Speaker 3: When we were kiddos. Yeah, my fingers hovering around them.
Speaker 1: We all watch Back to the Future. I thought the DeLorean was going to be the most popular car for years and years and years to come.
Speaker 3: It was such a cool thing.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if it was a production thing or like people like now the car sort of stinks, But the DeLorean didn't you assume, just based on Back to the Future, would have been something in our lives. I mean, I guess I noticed a backstory there, and I'm trying to wrack my brain to remember, but.
Speaker 3: I definitely seen him. But it's like a unicorn if I.
Speaker 7: Remember correctly, Like they had issues with the car parts.
Speaker 1: There was definitely a lot of fails. Yeah, yeah, definitely a reason. What about this one. I thought you're going to say the third one, because I think the third one stinks personally, But I get, like, you know, like med Doug tenn I know, I guess it's far from a flop.
Speaker 3: We're talking colossal flop. I like the third.
Speaker 8: One, you would, well, I mean, it's an old western town.
Speaker 3: It's cool, it's eighteen eighty five. You know, you get to you.
Speaker 1: Know what bothers me in that movie and our video guys Spot is it because oh the owner had a drug problem.
Speaker 3: We're getting word for the lord he.
Speaker 7: Did it says it failed due to a combination of poor business planning, production issues, financial management, legal troubles surrounding its founder, John DeLorean.
Speaker 1: And yesterday we touched on some of this too. When you think about all the side leagues like the xfls uf SFLS, all the money, all the hype that put it that they put into these side leagues that never go anywhere, Yeah, some of these are colossal fails.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: The worst part Back to the Future three, our video guy Spot agrees when the lovely talented Mary Steam Virgin the actress just throughout the whole show, the whole movie.
Speaker 5: Emit, emit.
Speaker 1: She says Emmett one hundred times in that like Emmet, isn't.
Speaker 3: She and step brothers, she is a great virgin. We'll let me give you one more buddy. When justin Timberlake, I've mentioned the other day when he thought he could bring my space back. Remember there was a minute where we're like, oh, are we gonna get back on the MySpace train? And nothing, No, it didn't happen. Not happened.
Speaker 8: Can I kind offer a little theory as to why, like New Coke, if you released it today, it wouldn't be that big of a deal in terms of being a flop, because all these soda brands they release like different flavors here and there. If one of them doesn't sell, it just quietly goes away back then simplified cook like.
Speaker 3: Pepsi Pepsi blue, remember that one they tried.
Speaker 8: To make a They've made like vanilla and coffee and all these different things. And if it doesn't sell, now he cares like a cola remixes. Yeah, they're just like they just drifts away. No one, no one gives aout it.
Speaker 7: So you guys really quick of you know, I was going to say, you remember Rich was talking about movies. You remember the Eddie Murphy documentary. He didn't even want to talk about the Adventures of Pluto Nash. They laughed about it because a how bad it's stunk.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 7: It lost ninety three million dollars, and it got me thinking of movies that lost one hundred million or more.
Speaker 3: Water World always comes up as a big s That's the classic one.
Speaker 1: And if Spot were here, our video guy, he'd be the first to tell you, Yeah, from a financial standpoint, it was one of the biggest flops because you know, they had to do that in a sound state. He stands signed by the quality of the movie.
Speaker 8: Though I saw that. I saw that movie in theaters with my grandparents. Remember how I told you about I saw Broke Back Mountain in theaters of my mom. I saw water World in theaters with my grandparents.
Speaker 1: On another day's Sam, We're gonna make a list of all the weird, favorite fun facts about it. Hey, can I do one that that's sort of in our industry? How about when Howard Stern retired from terrestrial radio, how they hyped up David Lee Roth as the new morning guy, and that was.
Speaker 3: A big one.
Speaker 1: That was like, because I mean, you're replacing Howard Stern, Right, that's a big move, that's a big opportunity and you got to have a big personality to come in and do that. Now, thinking back, you're like, Yeah, Diamond Dave is a dynamic dude, no.
Speaker 8: Doubt, But that literation man, dynamic Dave is or would you say Diamond Davis ademic dynamic dude.
Speaker 3: That's a tongue twister.
Speaker 1: Say it four times, Sam, But Dav this guy, how are you gonna have him follow Howard Stern and think that's gonna work?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, how do you expect that to work? And we all did, but it didn't. Honestly, I got, how long do you think that last time I looked that up, David? I don't think two year deal? I bet nah that dude was not on the air for two years, no looking up it. While I'll give you two sports ones, we're gonna go to all your feedback the biggest flops on the anniversary of New Coke forty one years ago. I have two in the world of sports, and I think you guys will agree one a year ago. We joked about it for like a week and then it just fizzled. How many people little league, pony ball players, high school kids like I need to get a torpedo bat. Yeah, that conversation just flopped. Torpedo bats. That was a week long fad. And another one, do you remember Dan Byer know? I know Dan Byer knows as well as he's a uniform guy. Do you remember when Major League Baseball did like the futuristic like in the future uniforms like turn ahead the clock, turn ahead the clock and they wo goll sleeveless with huge logos, and it was like it was terrible pipe away that David Lee Roth, who's a legend. Okay, I'm not downplaying his legacy, but I'm saying when he replaced Howard Stern, arguably the greatest talk show host of of our era at the time. Ever, his show lasted approximately four months January third, two thousand and six.
Speaker 7: He was like ro Coke it says, just over three months long April twenty first two.
Speaker 3: That's a great game. What lasted longer?
Speaker 1: And of course there's a there's plenty of athletes and storylines that you could think of and and some of them are debatable, like one that often comes up because of how hyped he was when he came out of college. He's like Zion, you know he's not there yet, but you know people speculate on that, and.
Speaker 3: We should mention.
Speaker 7: We thought this would be the perfect old school topic today on draft day, because we hope all our NFL teams don't do this exactly, don't flop aka JaMarcus Russell.
Speaker 1: Every team, Danny has one guy where you're like, really like this video of me because it's so recent.
Speaker 3: Well, my favorite team has sixteen guys like that.
Speaker 1: Danny, there's a video of me from a couple of years ago, because it's not that long ago. Cavido recently brought up how embarrassing. I'm like jumping on my couch like Trey.
Speaker 10: Lance is the future of the forty nine ers. I was like, this is where we get it boys, like I was. I was so fired up about the Niners getting Trey Lance. I thought that was like I was like, I know there's not a lot of tape on him, but he's the man.
Speaker 3: I was so fulled. Think of some baseball cards. Was it?
Speaker 1: It was Jeffrey's the Jeff Yeah, well, Todd Van Poppel was another one. Or even technology mini discs was a total flop. Mini Discs was supposed to be a thing that never amounted to anything. So we'll get to your phone calls. Technology, TV shows, brands, obviously athletes, things that just didn't pan out the way it was supposed to marketed really high became a big time flop eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox there was a again not just because I'm a Mets fan, but you guys remember this. Do you remember the Mets had that pitching rotation that was touted to be like the next generation, like the best rotation ever with like Wilson Pulsifer isring Hausen, And it was on the cover of Sports Illustrated, like the next generation of like Mets stud pictures, and they all stuck. Maybe isring Houses was a decent reliever for a minute, but they all none of them panned out. How about that twenty twenty six New York Mets team that lost twelve games in a row with the highest payroll.
Speaker 3: How about Harvey Day, Yeah, how about Matt hart Rich. Your baseball team has a long list here.
Speaker 1: You could do a conversation just on the mess. But we won't uh loaded lines here. Let's go loaded lines. Where are we starting, Danny, Let's start where the NFL Draft is, Pittsburgh. Jeff is in the house.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, how's it going? Camino and rich what?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 2: Biggest flops? Most recent It's about to happen live golf?
Speaker 3: Oh good? One really good one?
Speaker 2: And another one just because it was the last time I walked out of a movie was bad. Sayana too. I was so pumped for because of the first one, and the second one was kind of a dud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like a fourth and fifth one.
Speaker 1: I totally forgot that even existed, to be honest, you know not. I just saw someone texted us what. I don't even know if this is true. Harley Davidson tried to do a men's cologne that smelt tough and rugged. Well, he used to have the cafe one I met. One of my ex girlfriends worked at the Harley Davidson cafe in New York City, And yeah, they were starting to brand off and do all these different things.
Speaker 3: For a minute, Yeah all right.
Speaker 7: Speaking of our chat on our YouTube channel, steel O from Stockton out of the chat onto our studio lines.
Speaker 3: Nice man, what's up? Ste Hey?
Speaker 2: What's what's up?
Speaker 9: Richie Coe?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 12: Five and a half two hundred and nine pounds?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 12: I got a Sean Bradley seventy six or zem Zema the Invisible beer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Zeba.
Speaker 1: We all had Zeema at our little teenage house party. I put see him in the same pocket member. What was called red Dog beer came out around the same time.
Speaker 3: It's called red Dog. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I was gonna say, Sean Bradley even wore number seventy six, if I remember correctly, because he was seven foot six, right.
Speaker 12: I thought he was replacement for Charles Markley, but obviously not. Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many times?
Speaker 1: How many times did a team in the NBA go to like that big man that never worked out? That seemed to be the equation for why, which is why people stopped trusting drafting the big men.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, you got one more ball u Shacramental Shurgs. That's Posta Hall Sacramento shirts. They won the championship and I think it was a ninety three and then the league shut down.
Speaker 3: So Sacramento.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for calling, man, call more often, call any time. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on.
Speaker 7: Fox, it was like LA's XFL team won the championship and then defunct.
Speaker 3: H that's a bubber? Who else? We got Danny? All right, let's go to Vegas. Trip? Okay, trip? What up?
Speaker 10: In?
Speaker 11: What up?
Speaker 3: Trip? McNeely, what's up?
Speaker 11: Gentlemen? I got a quick one for dB for golf, and then I got several for y'all withs some explanations. I would say, tie try on when he came out in the next thing in golf, and then other stuff would be this. How about in the eighties when Colgate tried to make frozen lasagna, Cheetos tried to make lip bomb, and then also how about the Galaxy I think it was a Galaxy Note seven and it was only out for a year because it would blow up and it wasn't allowed on planes.
Speaker 3: If you can't bring your phone on a plane, it's gonna work out. But that is funny Colgate trying to make lasagna? What No, that's if you look up a list of failed products.
Speaker 1: Colgate thought that they're so branded mentally with with toothpaste and like dental products. Yeah, they tried to go into like a frozen food chain with their brand and everyone's like Coldgate food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a big.
Speaker 1: Fails, almost a compliment to them being so much associated to.
Speaker 3: Like mint teeth products, toothpaste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back to the phone, because there's so many there's something like I said, TV shows, businesses, brand names, sneakers. You know, there's so many things that you thought were going to be the next big thing and.
Speaker 3: They just weren't. Let's go to Saint Paul, Minnesota, mic So, I was thinking the jump to conclusions.
Speaker 1: Matt, Yeah, that never really took off. Thought that was a prototype. Scott hit us up on the chat. I don't even remember this. He said there was a there were test markets for the Mick hot dog. They make Donald's really try to launch a hot dog.
Speaker 7: I know Burger King came out with one. They even brought them to the studios here.
Speaker 3: And Yeah, the.
Speaker 6: Sub boy ones put out a pizza, and so did McDonald's.
Speaker 3: McDonald's had a pizza for a little while.
Speaker 6: The reason I'll never forget Subway put out a pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was cheese and did not have a pleasanty thing.
Speaker 3: Rich. Didn't you think McDowell's was going to be the next big one?
Speaker 1: Did I put all my money in McDowell's I really didn't pan out the way I thought the Golden arcs.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Reno Trevor. Hey, Trevor, Hey.
Speaker 12: What's ups?
Speaker 9: I doing.
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 11: Hey? I was gonna say live golf, but I think a good little pivot is the boss.
Speaker 2: I mean it was draft day. I mean, he's one of the biggest flops going.
Speaker 3: Right, don't say that to the damn bier.
Speaker 6: And he was actually taking in the supplemental draft, so he didn't have a draft like day like this when.
Speaker 1: You see the whole Bulk Jackson thing just sort of ruined his reputation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and then his body couldn't hold up, was it though? Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. He was one of those guys. He was cool though. He was cool, but didn't pan out the way you thought he would. You know, I'm thinking of legend sons too, Like dude, I'm telling you growing up. For me, it was Mike Tyson and Julio Cesar Chavez and like his son had all the promise in the world for one minute and just was a colossal flop in the world of boxing because he was his own worst enemy. So I'm thinking fighters back to the phone calls eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 3: Who else do we got? Let's go to Las Vegas? Todd Hey, todd Hey Fellas.
Speaker 13: First of all, fun fact about Coke New Cooke.
Speaker 9: Yeah, actually a big marketing ployee. They actually did that.
Speaker 12: Deliberately to drum up demands to the old formula.
Speaker 1: So you know, if you watch some of the History Channel specials on the Cola Wars and some of these product battles, it did. Actually it failed, but at the same time, it did drum up support for like we love the original Coke, and it, oddly enough somehow worked out for them.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a big fail.
Speaker 1: What it did was it just get a garner support for the OJ.
Speaker 8: And Coca Cola as a company was just too big to fail even if they put out a product that was that bug of a big of a flop. They've been around for like since eighteen hundred, so you know they're not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: What about what about?
Speaker 1: Kay Raine on our chat just said, what about as of recently Bill Belichick's college coaching tenure.
Speaker 8: At unc OH. That's a great one. I think too early to decide on that, I mean, but as of now, it you know, it doesn't look good. It was a bit of a disaster to start.
Speaker 1: You know, there's something recent like there's tons of like long awaited album flops, like a like a Chinese democracy GNR or something like that. But there's one recently where it was like they sold like a few hundred albums.
Speaker 3: That was it, Like something was really pathetic. Do you remember who it was?
Speaker 1: There was like a recent story where they tried to do something, they put it out and no one gave a deadly squat. If anyone could read my mind, by all means, let me know. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox again, this is the day nineteen eighty five, on this day, new coke came out. Now there's a million brands that came and went since then.
Speaker 3: Remember all the.
Speaker 1: Soviet products surge where all those of course nan Nantucket nectars and these were by no means flops. We're talking about things that were highly, highly marketed and it was grand, grand opening, grand closing.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take all your feedback phones are lit.
Speaker 1: We'll talk more about those flops and again wishing your team does not have a flop of a pick tonight, we're an hour and a half away from the draft guys, So we'll talk a little more NFL before the end of the show as well, So more Kalleno and Rich and so more fun next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Now, every sports season is built on preparation, studying the trends, and making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves the same approach.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: With wee Bawl, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help make informed decisions. Whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs and more, or we're planning for the long term for you and your family with iras, cash management and custodial accounts for children. We will gives you the tool to invest your way, all on one platform. And if you're looking to take your prep to the next level, check out wee bols learn resources and join their InApp community feed. You could discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally and now. To help streamline your trading activities and elevate your strategy, try Vega, wee Bole's personal market AI assistant that can give real time market analysis, watchless insights.
Speaker 3: And alerts from Earning strop.
Speaker 1: So get your financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee Bowl app today or visiting we bowl dot com.
Speaker 5: Wee Bole Financial LLC member SIPC Fenra Investing involves risk. For more information, visit we bol dot com Slash disclosures.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're talking about the biggest flops, so we give you some failure from breaking Benjamin Pennsylvania Rock here on Fox Sports Radio. You know, I play some of this stuff every night on Turbo forty one, just saying if you've got series, But thank you guys for hanging out with us on Fox Sports Radio, the best in all the land. I have a question as I'm thinking about should I try to sneak in a workout between the show and the draft? Was there like a workout routine that flopped? Was that, like am just trying to think of There was like a trend like some piece of.
Speaker 3: Equipment like Globo gym ors. I don't know. Was there something that flopped like some uh some infomercial you know, think about it.
Speaker 8: Rob Garrett, producer of The Odd Couple, he says, seven minute abs.
Speaker 1: Seven minute, that's what it was. Thank you, Rob, Jas and why are we talking biggest flops? Because on this day nineteen eighty five, New Coke came out and it lasted three months, and he put so much money and so many resources into it, and it was all the buzz, only to stink and let everybody down the biggest flops ever. And that's what everyone's trying to avoid tonight and every Way West and Idaho. He's a hater, but he said, how could we forget Lebron James if we're talking biggest flop? All right, Tony hit us. Somebody goes, will you consider the Gazelle?
Speaker 3: Was it? Did you know anyone that bought the Gazelle? You know what?
Speaker 1: I'd have to look in the numbers here, like, isn't that a tony little product? So maybe it's sold a lot. I don't know, but I don't know anyone that had one. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We're gonna get to all your phone calls, but first an update from Dan Byer.
Speaker 3: What's up, dB, You don't.
Speaker 6: Know anyone that has a Gazelle, but you knew other guys who did you know?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That is true. Hey, it's the life. Cavino leads, no Gazelle, but guys that are up to yeah, oh yeah, I don't even want to say it. I feel dirty. A lot of dirty Jersey people. Yeah, the Cubs did the Phillies dirty today, drive to rec Center. Cubs win the ball game.
Speaker 1: The Cubs sweep the Fellows the final, eight to seven and ten.
Speaker 6: So that's the ninth straight loss for Philadelphia, the Cubs the radio network, how embarrassing, right, Yes, for the Cubs, it's their ninth straight win.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Cubs are are hot. Just as cold as the Phillies are. The Cubs are hot. More action today. The Brewers fell to the Tigers five to four. Spencer Spencer Torkleson hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the ninth.
Speaker 3: Four.
Speaker 6: Detroit Braves were seven to two winners against the Nationals. Padres put five on the board in the ninth, including a three run shot from Gavin Sheets. They topped the Rockies ten to eight. White Sox were four to one winners against the Diamondbacks. Andrew Bennettendi hit a three run shot on the top of the ninth to break the one all tie, and the Dodgers blanked the Giants today by a score of three to nothing. We're getting ready for the NFL Draft tonight in Pittsburgh. There are some NFL news. Cowboys wide receiver George Pickens is signing his franchise tag. They would also allow another team to sign or to trade four Pickins if they wanted. If he plays under the tag next season, it's twenty seven point three million dollars. The Ravens picked up the fifth year option on the contract of wide receiver Zay Flowers. In the NBA, the Bucks are hiring former Grizzlies head coach Taylor Jenkins to be their head coach. Playoff games tonight include the Nickson Hawks at seven Eastern Calves Raptors eight Eastern Nuggets t Wolves nine to thirty Eastern. NBA inside of Chris Haynes says Aaron Gordon's out tonight for Denver because of a calf injury. Thunder Guard Jalen Williams has a Grade one hamstring strain. He's considered week to week, according to ESPN, who also reports Spurs center victor Or Webbin Yama is in concussion protocol, but he has made the trip with the Spurs to Portland. For Games three and four. Game three scheduled for tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Guys, back to you dB, have a great night, enjoy the draft. Thanks, we'll see you, and happy birthday to your son Brody. Yes, yeah, big five tomorrow great?
Speaker 3: How crazy is that TV? All right? Hey, back to your feedback. Your phone calls the biggest.
Speaker 1: Floppers, biggest flopper roofs cross fight up. But the NBA playoffs are here. DraftKings sports book and official sports betting part of the NBA. Right now, you just code promo code cr show tame you a special offer at DraftKings Again. Promo code cr show at DraftKings. The crown is yours. The financial portfolio of your life. Get it ready right now with wee Bowl powerful investing tools, real time data one platform. Get started by downloading the wee Bowl app today or visiting wee bul dot com.
Speaker 5: We both Financial LLC member SAPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com Slash disclosures.
Speaker 3: Now it's time to go crossfire.
Speaker 1: Danny G's got you lined up the biggest flops in sports entertainment products, stores, you name it, because tonight we're hoping for No Flops or our teams.
Speaker 3: Danny right, yep, let's start in Virginia. Mike is on the line, mikey Yeah. Hey, how you doing man from Tolo? You thanks? Man?
Speaker 12: What's up three twenty six?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 13: That's going man?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 13: Man to about Biggest Flops?
Speaker 2: I'm a big Metallica fam But how about that Sight Egger album?
Speaker 1: You know, people hate that Anger Man, people hate that album. By the way, last week was the anniversary of seventy two seasons. Their most recent one came out three years ago, but people still hate on Seeing Angers.
Speaker 8: So say, friend, yeah, it was the drums, sound, solos, guitar.
Speaker 3: I mean he tried something different, a couple of good songs.
Speaker 1: There are people that make an argument for it, that like it, but it definitely it's it's fair to bring up in this conversation for sure.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Vegas. Brent, Hey, Brent, Hey, what's coming on? Guys?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 9: So I got one for your Rich The Shake.
Speaker 1: Way, The Shake Way, Do believe it or not? I bet you that sold more than we even think. I'm gonna look that up. Well, yeah, it's ridiculous, but rich Rich, Yeah, I actually had one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you look that up. Let's go to Dton, Ohio, Kevin. What's up, keV?
Speaker 13: Hey guys. You know you guys always have the best topics. Thanks, So I have three of them for you. The first one is Mass Davis and Junie Jones. We're going to revolutionize the NFL with the run and shoot. And it worked a little bit in Houston, not much in Detroit, thanks under everywhere, and a little bit in Atlanta, but it came and went. The second one that I was thinking of, well, now I'm drawing a blank.
Speaker 3: But that's okay, you know, think about it. He generated. Let's see his third one real quick. Let's say, did he remember? Did he remember?
Speaker 7: Did I remember your third I do not, But Richie made me think of you. You talked about torpedo bats earlier. It made me think of the Wildcat. Remember everyone's like, oh, co Cat League, We're all going to run the Wildcat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was the revolutionary over here. That's the system that will translate to the NFL. No, rather than shake Weight made forty million in sales. So yeah, I mean, I get what you're thinking. But let's go back to the phones. Eight ninety nine on five, all right, Mike in Central California?
Speaker 12: What Mike, Hey, how you guys doing? I have two of them. One was the damn versus Dave Decapoli.
Speaker 3: I was where I was thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Uh. The other I forget which one did in place but the other guy didn't even make it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 12: And the other one was Bill Clinton trying to open up the basketball gyms at midnight to try to curb crime.
Speaker 3: I don't know that. What is that? All right, Gabe? What was the first one? He said? Dave and Dan? Do you know that from the Olympics.
Speaker 1: No, they ended a huge campaign that they were pushing like so that you get invested in any Olympics. Like the two Olympians were these guys named Dan and David. They were supposed to be like gold medal like potential.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were like a run.
Speaker 1: Guy didn't even qualify Sam and the other guy didn't like place. So it was like they were pumping up two Olympians that both stunk.
Speaker 8: Because should have spent more time in Bill Clinton's Midnight Jim's go to Gabe.
Speaker 3: Gabe is in Organ.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, thanks for taking my call. JaMarcus Russell with my first round pick.
Speaker 2: But now that he's off the board, how about Michael Jordan's baseball career.
Speaker 1: You know what, as a lot of people think it was just a disguise, it was just a ruse anyway, but.
Speaker 3: You know what a secret suspension I.
Speaker 1: You know, I credit him from even taking it that far. Butrobably only get he probably only got the opportunity because he was Michael Jordan's sort of like Tim tebove Ebertevo had a baseball shot.
Speaker 3: Mj like Coca Cola, too big to fail.
Speaker 1: By the way, I was trying to look up the numbers for the Dan and Dave campaign. That was nineteen ninety two. By the way, I'm seeing here that Rebox spent well above like twenty five million dollars promoting these two dudes because they were going to go at it the Battle of Dan and Dave. And like we said, one dude didn't even make make it. It was a It was a big time flop.
Speaker 7: Thank you, by the way, so much love. Studio lines all still blowing up, but we only got time for one more call here Bruno in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Bruno, what's up? What's up? Hey, Bruno, Hey.
Speaker 9: Thanks for getting me in here. Yeah. I have a theory I coach my changed because at that time in the eighties, Pepsy were really popular, remember the Pepsi generation, and they were doing a lot of advertising, maybe even Doctor Pepper too, and yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what, let me tell you I uh not because Kavino's on the History Channel, but there are so many great mini documentaries that even if you're not like History Boy, they have like the there's a series like the Food That Built America, the Shows that Built America, the machines, like I saw one about Hershey's versus mars Coke versus Pepsi, all these You know how the first fast food pizza places it is we touched on yesterday. Competition breeds success. Yeah, so for every for every pizza Oreo. Yeah, yeah, there's there's always a competing brand that pushes the other one through the next level, Like Sammy. You know why there's even such thing as chicken Chicken nuggets Chicken McNuggets. You know why because of Wendy's, because Burger King. Burger King was like, we want to do a chicken sandwich because no one was doing chicken.
Speaker 3: It was all burgers, like you know, cheeseburger cheeseburgers.
Speaker 1: So they were like, well, we have to answer what do we do when someone came up with the idea of a chicken nugget?
Speaker 3: So before that it was like what is that?
Speaker 1: So competition, like Covino said, in sports, in business, anything just gives you better product. We have lots of phone calls, but we'll get to you right after the break. Here it's a special days NFL start to get more colossal flops again on this day, new Coke came out nineteen eighty five. So we'll wrap it up with your feedback, and we got more Coveno. I want to wrap it up with the draft thought and the greatest message from Luke Weaver. Yeah, yeah, we got to talk a little Luke Weaver as well, all here on Coveno and Rich Fox Sports Radio. Well, when production levels change, you need a workforce that flexes to match. Having the right staff to meet productivity isn't just necessary, it keeps the cost and manufacturing deadlines and check. Express Employment Pros is your best resource for success. Visit expresspros dot com to find your local office. Discover how fast Express employment professionals can help you smarter and faster. Your local Express team understands skilled labor and can easily connect your business with the right workers when you need them. From assemblers to machinists to quality controlled inspectors, maintenance technicians and production managers. Express Employment Pros has the skilled talent you need. As one of the largest industrial streffing staffing companies in the US, Express helps you have your business efficient, flexible, and competitive. Find a local location near to you at expresspros dot com. Get that support you need to avoid the onslaught of online applications. You don't want to sort through unqualified candidates, do you, so put people back in hiring with Express. Whether you're ramping up production, managing change, or looking for a solutions to skills gap. Express Employment Pros is your one connection to the right workforce. Visit expresspros dot com. Express employment professionals, respecting people, impacting business. On a day when we're hoping all the teams get it right, we're talking about the biggest flops because on this day in eighty five, no, not st Anger. St Anger didn't come out, but man, everybody hated this metallic.
Speaker 3: Album some kind of monster. It's a good Riff New Coke came out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we're also approaching a weekend where there's high expectations for this Michael movie where they're expecting one hundred and fifty five million worldwide opening weekend. But the critics on Rotten Potatoes are giving it like twenty something percent. Like the critics ratings are really really bad. I don't know what it's at currently, So we'll see what happens. Because it's all word of mouth, right, people are gonna come back and either love it and it does well, or people are gonna be like, Yo, this movie sticks. Let me give a shout out to three quick people that hit us up. We cann't get to all the phone calls. Billy hit us up, Oh Billy, Billy, And he said, you remember when when we were talking about flops and misfires, Remember when Haraldo opened al Capone's vault. Dude, I was thinking about it, I swear to God, and I didn't know if anyone remember here on.
Speaker 3: Fox Brett said the metric system here in the US.
Speaker 1: And Steve, by the way, in Heraldo's defense, they found like three like old bottles, Steve said, Dan O'Brien who was from Dan and Dave did go on to win a medal, but not then, so it did nothing for ka. I think it was the next Olympics. Yeah yeah, and one thought about, you know, the big drama in the world of real relationships and sports. Oh that's why webout very ball. I'm talking about missus Met.
Speaker 3: Did you see this?
Speaker 1: No Dinger, who is the mascot for the Rockies, is carrying around the photo of missus Met and he's trying to kick it to her. And there's like a joking mascot thing like mister Mets like back off.
Speaker 3: So that's the that's the drama I'm into, guys.
Speaker 1: All right, a reminder For over forty years, Tyrack they've been helping customers find the right tires for how what and weather Drive free road has a protection, convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tyrack dot com the way tire buying should be and facing production swings or a tough skills gap workforce solutions from Express Employment Professionals makes hiring easier.
Speaker 3: Find your local.
Speaker 1: Office and see how Express can help you hire smarter and faster. Visit expresspros dot com today. All Right, Cove we're not far away from the draft. When do you think they make the announcement for Fernando Mendoz? Like how much does the network milk the beginning of the broad cast? Like do you think it's two minutes, five minutes, twenty minutes? Is there an exact time?
Speaker 3: Danny that? Like they're on the clock, wuse we have twenty minutes. The Raiders are gonna have eight minutes on the clock.
Speaker 1: But when when does that eight minutes? It doesn't start at five Pacific eight eastern?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because Cadell goes up, he gets booed, then he brings some it's gonna bring some Pittsburgh players and royalty artists up on the stage to speak what's.
Speaker 3: The over under eight twenty five eastern or even later.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say twelve minutes after production even more simple. Everyone's gonna be over analytical of the ESPN coverage and camera coverage from his house, and it's gonna be viral and we're gonna be nitpicking and pointing out all the most ridiculous things on social media.
Speaker 3: Guarantee that's true, that she's.
Speaker 1: Gonna have a weird looking uncle, and everyone's gonna zoom in on that guy and he's gonna become famous tonight. Something dumb will come out draft besides the actual importance of these the lives being changed. Thing dumb will come out, besides thirty two lives being changed forever. The fun of tonight's draft is those sides. So it's like, oh, yeah, he's got a hot mom or we're all gonna be introduced to like Tho Mendoza, who's like some mutant looking guy.
Speaker 3: In the corner.
Speaker 7: That's a quick question. That's weird, Uncle Rich, you got dumped once today? Yeah, by the network, will LeVar Arrington get dumped one time?
Speaker 3: At least without.
Speaker 1: Without a doubt LeVar will say something, but no, for sure. By the way, before we get out of here, quick get props to Luke Weaver. Kavino loved him when he was a Yankee. Now he's a Met and just says all the right thing. After losing twelve games in a row, he really did deliver for a good inning and a half yesterday, and this is what he said after the game.
Speaker 3: Look, people smell fear.
Speaker 4: I'm not the biggest guy in the room, but I ain't scared of nobody and that's the attitude I try to take, and if I screw up, it's on me. But at the end of the day, I'm gonna sleep at night. I'm gonna feel good about the effort I put in, and I ain't fearing nobody.
Speaker 3: You remember that, You remember that.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of fighter spirit you need, especially as a closer. And think of the cohonis. You have to have to say that a stadium full of people man stading for people that just watch our team lose twelve in a row and you just barely want he's that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah's cool.
Speaker 1: You know, the Mets just got rid of their twelve game losing streak, but Lindor just placed on the il for the foreseeable future. And now they called up Ronnie Mauricio. So now you got Soto, no Lindor the opposite. Now tomorrow, brainwave, the game that sweep in the nation, plus weekend hobnobbin and since we'd have time today, yeah, talk about like things you can't believe you've seen, like unreal highlights and sports because did you see that O'Neal Cruz home run. I know you're still celebrating your Mets victory, but O'Neill. Cruz hit a home run. You say that hit the tippity top, bounced off the foul pole into the stands. On the same day we saw someone catch a ball in their shirt. Look and Gilbert like, I've never seen one go off the top of a foul pole. So constantly sports providing us with great moments that we've never seen before. But tonight, a good hour and five minutes away from the beginning of the NFL Draft, have a great night, enjoy, hope your team picks.
Speaker 3: Who you are, and a lot of friendamentals it tonight. Are we been there? She didn't see you in the Promised Land? My guys, Raiders on a clock. Let's go the Raiders.