Speaker 1: Okay, how about this one seal podcast Drew wat.
Speaker 2: SERIALI podcast The Wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do. What's up Andrew?
Speaker 2: I mean that's certainly an intro, I'll say that much.
Speaker 1: This is episode one night. This is serial Killers, the podcast where we talk about and eat cereal and we think inside the box. Welcome to another exciting episode.
Speaker 2: Exciting, is it is?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: By the way, speaking of the chips thing there, I'm very upset that it was just a few weeks ago that I missed out on the big dinner with Larry Wilcox and Eric Strata.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you are, and I hope that one day you can get to have that sit down dinner with them.
Speaker 1: It was in Florida, and it was one of those comic con type things. Yeah, and cha saicon no that it was all kinds of those crazy things. I'm sure, like you know, what's his name, Danny Bonaducci was there and all the old seventies and eighties.
Speaker 2: Is Danny Bonaducci up to these days? Outside of cocaine?
Speaker 1: Okay, he was doing radio for a minute. I don't know if he still is, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Ooh, it's cocaine. Yeah, it's cocaine. Bad does this have to get an explosive now? No, no, no, it's not a curse. Yeah, you know, just for the PG audience, you know, for the for the kids.
Speaker 1: I think we're fine. Isn't there that cocaine song they play on the radio in the classic rock station? Whatever? It's fine. Okay, So today is Monday, September twenty seventh, which means it is just a little bit over one month away from what Andrew, you don't know. I what's in a little bit over a month from now. I'll give you a hint, Colleen, Yeah, it's coming off. Why is that your Gucci Holloween might.
Speaker 2: Have that bid it?
Speaker 1: Well, it's the Monster Mash. That's the Monster Mash song. That's like the one song that and Thriller is what everybody plays on Halloween.
Speaker 2: See added to my holiday album. I'm gonna make a party album that has I'm gonna do one for every holiday, make a Christmas ballad. I'm gonna do a Halloween song. What other ones do people go to parties for. I'll do an Irish song. I'll get like in a brogue and be liked. D No, No, I love bagpipes so much, me too. I seriously, I hear bagpipes and I tear up. I know it's really weird, but because I always associate bagpipes with either like a police officer or fire fire's funeral or a parade or something like that, some patriotic stuff, I don't know. I love bagpipes so much. Yeah, I mean, bagpipes are a good instrument. I also love banjo's love a good banjo song. Violins also make me sad too.
Speaker 1: Didn't come with the frog play the banjo? Wasn't that doing doing do Do Do Do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It doesn't he does something like that.
Speaker 1: Why are there so many songs about rainbows? And what's on on the I.
Speaker 2: Guess that my party album. I need to put a funeral song. Yeah, maybe that's like a sad one the current with the frog song, Well no, no, no, I'm the rainbow version where it's like they're dead now, Okay, things are okay for you, all right, they're on a different side morbid.
Speaker 1: But let's move on. Andrew. The whole reason that I part play party album, the whole reason that I played Monster Mash Yeah, is because it's the fiftieth anniversary. Andrew Wow of the Booberry Monster cereals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, so.
Speaker 1: For the fiftieth anniversary, Andrew, it's monster mash cereal.
Speaker 2: That's exciting, Yes it is.
Speaker 1: You knew this was coming, Yeah, And what it is, well, what I thought it was going to be is I thought it was going to be all the monster cereals all mixed in together. Yeah, But then when I thought about it more and more, that would be really disgusting because the monster cereals are Booberry, Count Chocula, Frankenberry Fruit Brute, and the lesser known Fruity Yummy Mummy. You know. So they're all together in one cereal, but they're not basically what this is. It says artificially berry flavored frosted cereal with monster marshmallows. The only thing I'm hoping for is maybe the marshmallows are different flavors. Maybe there's a chocolate marshmallow from Count Chocula thrown in here. I'm not sure. They all look drunk though on the front of the box, and.
Speaker 2: I can't see them. Oh sorry, move on. Oh see they're in a band.
Speaker 1: Look how crazy the Count looks.
Speaker 2: That's so fun, yeah, and Stoned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's all kinds of fun stuff on the Hey, well playing here? Listen now scan to hear the mash and go behind the music. Shall we scan it? Andrew?
Speaker 2: I guess you should.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious as to what this is going to sound like. And if you look in your stores now, they also have Frankenberry, Booberry and Count Chocolate in the retro boxes.
Speaker 2: Some of those actually when I was in the store up.
Speaker 1: Before you mash just need your age twenty five plus. Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's sad.
Speaker 1: Listen to the song here we go. It's the Monster Mash by the Monsters. Can we play this or we allowed to?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you can play a quick couple of seconds.
Speaker 1: Itsh that's the same song. Who's that singing the Count's Mummy? No, that's Frankenberry. The voices are all different. I don't that's not that's not Frankenberry. Yes, that second voice was was the new Frankenberry?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm done with that.
Speaker 2: It will sounded like a mummy.
Speaker 1: No, that was Frankenberry. Huh. The Graveyard smash I Vana rock is on the Gravestone and von Moore's song von Moore song.
Speaker 2: That's almost like a haunted mansion has those two the gravestones outside. Oh, I love it so much.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's try this stuff. Sure, it's been on the shelves for a couple of weeks. Now I didn't see. Here's the thing. All the Halloween and Fall cereals are in stores. Now this is the only new one. So everyone's like, oh, did you see the Reese's bats. Yeah, I've seen it. We've done it. It's the same as Reese's puffs. They have the Pumpkin spice cheerios, the Pumpkin spice frosted mini.
Speaker 2: Media like any of those.
Speaker 1: No, this is this is the only actual news Cereal that is around for this Halloween season.
Speaker 2: Stupid bag, you better watch out because you're pressing those buttons.
Speaker 1: I am right, sorry, Seacrest, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he'll understand that it was for Cereal podcast.
Speaker 1: So the monster pieces are different colors, but they're all berry flavored, and there are different marshmallows. We'll see what those tastes like. Gonna use our tuscan two percent milk. Picked it up at the Speedway this morning at four am. Nice and they only had gallons. Oh, so this will surely go to waste. No, I don't think so. We'll do a bunch of episodes. Okay, knock them all out. Here you go, buddy, it's Monster mashed cereal.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Ready, Oh they're all fun sheeps. See. There are pieces in there that look like Frankenberry cereal. There are pieces in there that look like count chocolate, but apparently it's all berry flavored. Let's see. Ready, Well it's like Kicks two three.
Speaker 2: I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: It's more or less Frankenberry, that's what this is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's delicious. M m m.
Speaker 1: The marshmallows I believe are true to the cereal that they come from. Like the brown one does taste a little bit like chocolate.
Speaker 2: I haven't actually poked through the marshmallows.
Speaker 1: That one is definitely a Frankenberry marshmallow. That's a fruit, yummymummy. Yeah, so the marshmallows are a little bit different. There's definitely some chocolate marshmallows in here. Does not change the taste of the cereal. No, I'm a big fan of the Monster cereals. Probably Frankenberry is my least favorite. And Booberry, you know what, screw the berries. I really like how chocolate. But I will give this four balls. It's a good cereal.
Speaker 2: I give it five bowls. Wow, I really like it. It tastes like berry berry kicks, which again I pretty much say that with a lot of berry cereals. But I enjoy it a lot.
Speaker 1: Look how excited fruity yummy Mummy is for your five bowls?
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, fruity yummy ummy.
Speaker 1: He can't hold it in all right.
Speaker 2: I like this one a lot.
Speaker 1: It's really really good.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 1: You can take it home if you like.
Speaker 2: I've been going through my granola. I have a lot of that I don't want to, you know, have eyes too big for my stomach. As they might say, Well.
Speaker 1: We definitely like kicked it off with the sweetest, most good cereal first because the other two are going to be like.
Speaker 2: Blah, so we probably should have done this one last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this was the most exciting of all three.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you're right, start off with a shabang.
Speaker 1: The other two are two additional cereals that I picked up while I was in Cape Cod. They are not big name brands, but they are brands that you've heard of before, and we've done before. Barbara By the way, Okay, I don't know if you heard it on The Big Show the other day, but Elvis did the top ten cereals that are best for making you poop.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: The number one cereal what Barbara's Puffins was the number one cereal to make you poop, which was shocking to me because I would figure that poop like a champion would probably be number one, But they were number ten. Huh and all the fiber one cereals were right in the middle. So no, not only does Barbara's cereal taste like poop, yeah, but it also makes you poop.
Speaker 2: Well, puffins, We've never had a good puffin.
Speaker 1: I think we had one good puffin, and I believe if I'm not mistaken, it's the Cinema. It was the Pumpkin Spice one. I think we actually liked the Pumpkin spice puffins, I mean other Scott. Maybe you could check that out for us.
Speaker 2: I'll just check it now, you could do talking.
Speaker 1: Oh can I also say what came in? I'm sorry, I'm all over the place now.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Our friend Matt from Pebbles Post Pebbles Cereals sent us this. These new bars. Look if you're watching on YouTube. These new fiftieth Birthday Fruity Pebbles Birthday cake candy bars are out. You'll be mad because it's like cake batter and frosting flavored chocolate.
Speaker 2: But again, white chocosting is a flavor.
Speaker 1: Well, no it's not. There's so many different frostings.
Speaker 2: But like again, vanilla frosting is a flavor.
Speaker 1: But they just say frosting. It's not vanilla. It's just frost eight frosting and birthday cake flavor with fruity pebbles pieces inside. And they will be available at Walmart stores nationwide in the next couple of weeks. So pick that up.
Speaker 2: Pumpkin Puffins was the only one we relatively like, right, and we both gave it two balls and a spoon. All right, that's it.
Speaker 1: Let's try this one, Andrew. This is from Mom's Best. We are okay with some of mom. Yeah, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: She can be a little sketchy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had never seen this one before. It's blueberry wheatfuls. So basically what they are, blueberry frosted mini weeks. I think I like these and probably slightly healthier, Yeah slightly, it's just because it you know it come it looks like it's an earthy box, so it makes you think it's healthier.
Speaker 2: Can I show you how they serve me my granola that I ordered and Las Vegas for the iHeart Festival. Sure, because obviously it's COVID and everything has to be safe. When you get room service, everything comes prepackaged yourself. Yeah, pretty much. But no, no, no, they didn't build this one out. It literally was a styrofoam container that had a clump of yogurt and just granola's in a takeout container.
Speaker 1: I had the same kind of thing. I ordered room service as well. Did you order the coffee?
Speaker 2: I did, and it came into the caraf and it comes full to the brim that when you open the cap it spills everywhere what.
Speaker 1: Came in the box. It came in that to go box. They don't even put it in the in the anymore.
Speaker 2: Which how was a core unsafe? Is my question? Like, I get it. I'm all for testing, I'm all for being as safe as possible. I'm fine with like whatever, but caraffe in the metal container that you can rewash. Yeah, this is a disposable box of coffee.
Speaker 1: Which quite frankly They probably have to use a funnel that they don't clean very well to get it in, right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm a fan of getting my giant caraffe that I have like two cups in and then the rest just sits there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was stupid because they only sell one size. It's four cups, and it's a lot more than four.
Speaker 2: Cups more please, Yeah. Well, I also have like a cup and a half in the morning, I think, so I can never finish them.
Speaker 1: Mom's best real quick smell the ingredients on these whole week grain sugar dried blueberries, so there's real blueberries in here, Gelatin vegetable juice for color, natural flavor, freshness, preserved with vitamin E.
Speaker 2: If it's gelatin, it's probably not vegan.
Speaker 1: See. No, they use hoofs from asparagus, so we're good.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, really good.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing I like about this, the blueberry flavor. It's like real blueberry flavor. Actually tastes like blueberries because this blueberry is in here.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan the.
Speaker 1: Frosted miniweight blueberry. Some Kelloggs, Eh, probably artificial.
Speaker 2: I give this four bowls.
Speaker 1: I like it me too, However, I feel like more than like five or six spoonfuls of it will give me.
Speaker 2: The huzz you know, I had two spoonfuls.
Speaker 1: That happens to me a lot lately, the huzz. Yeah, like when I used to drink milkshakes. Yeah, after I would get halfway through it, I would take a sip and I'd be like, well, I don't know why. I just couldn't drink it anymore. Maybe it's too much dairy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should take an everly well test not sponsored.
Speaker 1: I liked this four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really good. I would actually buy this.
Speaker 1: Now. My guess is this is not like widely distributed because I've never seen it in the New York area. I'm sure there are some like healthy type stores that have it. Yeah, but if you go in the organic natural section of like your stopping shops or whatever, you might see it.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely this is I'm going to bump it up.
Speaker 1: Actually, sorry, others, Scott, how could you bump it up? I'm gonna bump it up to four balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: This is good.
Speaker 1: You just like to copy my rating.
Speaker 2: No, there's gonna be a dark horse in the spoonies you'll see.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have to stop putting that together. You know already is Oh so we don't have to do anything. No, we don't have to read it.
Speaker 2: No, Scott wants to be a guest, so we'll figure out how to get him on here.
Speaker 1: I think we should fly him in.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be our Like the Oscars have an accountant that stands backstage.
Speaker 1: Like that guy at the back of the ah Heart Radio Music Festival it was like, how many tickets are left.
Speaker 2: He's the accountant who pretty much is like who puts it in the sealed envelopes that have the best picture ones? Okay, so yeah, he's gonna he's gonna make sure well, we're gonna obviously have to see what are just a top five serials of the year we're rating wise, right, and then he's gonna break that down for us, and then we can choose from there.
Speaker 1: Can we have like a Listener's Choice Award this year too? Yeah? Absolutely, we got to get cracking on that. Believe it or not, it's almost the end of the year.
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy. I can't this year one by fast.
Speaker 1: Okay, one more box to make it three because that's what we do. It's always a triple cereal here on Cereal killers. Yeah, from Cascadian Farm, which is a General Mills brand. You know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I never even knew they had these. I never saw these before. Not new, I don't think, because it doesn't say new, but frosted flakes with sprouted wheat. Cascadian Farm frosted flakes. Okay, always organic, never ordinary.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Ban boring, eat vibrantly.
Speaker 2: I mean they're yelling at me, so I guess I should be doing those things.
Speaker 1: On the back of dirty strawberry and on the front dirty sliced bananas. Look at it. It's dirty.
Speaker 2: I mean I would, but I'm looking at your face. Oh god, how oh I see it now.
Speaker 1: It's not why they could have picked a much better strawberry while the leaves are brown or you know what. That's organic. It always looks like crap. It can't be vibrant.
Speaker 2: Looking organic, yeah, quote unquote.
Speaker 1: Okay, you and there's a look, there's a flake mashed in the seal up top.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't like that. Oh that's a lost flake. Yeah, sad. I have a feeling these are going to taste into.
Speaker 1: There's the problem though, because of the mashed flake and the seal. It's not sealed right there, so a free box is on the way. It's possible, but these also could be stale, That's what I'm getting at, or not quite up to par. No, they don't look frosted, they just look flaky.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm in I'm excited for this.
Speaker 1: Well because I'm sure there's not nearly as much sugar as Kellogg's frosted flakes. And you know, come to think of it, General Mills does not make frosted flakes, so this is probably the only entry in that category that they have.
Speaker 2: There you go full circle.
Speaker 1: There you go, pal, I don't know what that means, but there you go.
Speaker 2: What do you mean full I'm saying full circle because they don't have it. And then they made these that are a Kellogg brand and so it's like, now it's.
Speaker 1: It's not a Kellogg brand, it's an everybody brand. Andrew, you know this.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I didn't study for this test?
Speaker 1: One, two, three. Now, if it were me, I would just call the cereal flakes. Yeah, because there's really not much frosting to it.
Speaker 2: I feel duped. I feel deceive, I feel hoodwinked.
Speaker 1: I feel bewildered, not very sweet.
Speaker 2: There's nothing in this that's a standout.
Speaker 1: Whole wheat, sprouted, whole wheat, flour, sugar, Oh no, no, no, I mean look, it's all right, but it's not frosted flakes. Two balls in a spoon. The problem is is when you hear frosted flakes. Yeah, yeah, think heavy frosting by itself.
Speaker 2: If it were called a different name, then I would have given it a higher rating. But you're trying to sell me some frosted flakes, and you're hoodwinking me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not standing for it. So two balls in a spoon, you have, bastards.
Speaker 1: This is just a touch of sweetness, just a touch. So sorry. Yeah, two balls in a spoon. Yeah, I'm gonna do two balls in a spoon. It's okay, it's okay. Me.
Speaker 2: I did two balls in a spoon too.
Speaker 1: Oh hi, fine, Then three balls how about that?
Speaker 2: I mean generous.
Speaker 1: Well, now you have me teetering.
Speaker 2: Just go with what your heart says.
Speaker 1: Two balls in a spoon. There you go, two balls in a spoon for both of us.
Speaker 2: I didn't think honestly, if it was called flakes, or if it was called like flakes, like wheat flakes, then I'd be like, oh, okay, I'm not getting my expectations up. It almost it's not bad. It's just not frosted flakes.
Speaker 1: If it was called sprouted weak wheat flakes, probably would spoon. If it was called sprouted wheat flakes, I would say, oh, these are a little bit sweet, and it would.
Speaker 2: Be pretty good, exactly three bowls in a spoon. But you know what, they call them frosted flakes. They lied to me, and that's why you get a two bowl in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Plus no qutes mascot. You suck.
Speaker 2: I don't mind not having a mascot, to be quite honest with you.
Speaker 1: All Right, well is that it, Andrew?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, thank you for listening to Serial Killers this week. Yay. Next week, Andrew, it will be.
Speaker 2: October, wow and spooky season. Guess what what.
Speaker 1: On the next Serial Killers? I have a surprise for you.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 1: It's something that you haven't said probably in one hundred episodes.
Speaker 2: Sine bon cereal.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Crunch, I hate you got him