Speaker 1: Coming up on a get Live podcast. We'll talk about the commander's offense. Oh, most diffinitely, man, we got sentent of Moss on the.
Speaker 2: Oh, he'll give us some receiving inside. Now the debo is in town and we'll play a game of rate to take. Oh hey, you know what, guys, it is to Get Loud podcasts presented by Sea Geek. This is when I read the sponsorship this summer seeking cash, you're taking to the best live concerts in the d NVI at Northwest Stadium. Seekeeek, the official primary taking partner of Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 1: A great pretz move. I'm Michael Jenkinson. What's up?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 1: By the way, your hair is on fleet right, Look all right? You can one thing about it. Man.
Speaker 4: I wonder when you get up in the morning, takes you're looking at mirror?
Speaker 1: How you like really just sit every hair in the way. It takes a long time. Did you know? I get up really early? So do you get up and put your face in like ice water?
Speaker 5: Like? Old boy?
Speaker 1: Have you seen that? I don't buy that at all. You know what?
Speaker 4: I have been laughing at everybody recreating the version of it. First of all, I'm sorry women if you're dating a man, there's that high maintenance that he has to get up in six thirty six forty five, right seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: He's doing this. Come on, that's a.
Speaker 4: Diva like like give you let your girl be the divil, not you, Like, I refuse to believe that people are so like calculated that they do this every day.
Speaker 2: Well, also, if you look at that timeline, he's doing so much, he's not really doing anything anything. It's like I'm meditating, but then like four minutes later, or I'm listening to an inspirational speech. If you really want to meditate and really get into it, or you really want to listen to someone, it takes more than like three or four minutes to actually get something.
Speaker 1: It's more of like like gems.
Speaker 4: Gyms are different, Like I enjoy Lifetime because Lifetime is more of you don't need to come here to work out all the time.
Speaker 1: I can just come here to swim and get in the steam room. Lifetime like the channel No no, no, I mean Lifetime in the gym.
Speaker 4: But then you go to GOLs g all right and goes gym is for the overly buff dudes that take weightlifting seriously, right, So he looks like the god that goes to goes gym right, takes everything overly too serious, And now I don't think people admiringly. I think they just making mockamentaries of it. Yeah, like, come on, dude, you're doing too much.
Speaker 2: Like you're waking up with the tape on your mouth, Like what is the tape for? Like?
Speaker 1: Is it Fun's hair won't grow as much to as wont think.
Speaker 2: It's to help you breathe through your nose, which over time is supposed to be more beneficial or something like that.
Speaker 4: You got sleep apneas Like, no, dude, Like I enjoy it as a laughing situation.
Speaker 1: But I'm hoping nobody takes that sea.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I hope I don't don't do that. Let's get to the hot taket for everybody see Geek this summer. Seegeek has your taking to the best live concerts in the d n V at Northwest Stadium. Seegeek the official primary takening partner Northwest Stadium. So the Commanders didn't work in the off season, Yeah, we did, took their time, got it done, but they still have some needs and many times, who does fantastic work, She's so smart.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that is what she's talking about.
Speaker 2: And on her Depth ro podcast said the commanders need most. What they need most is an edge. I think that's correct. Do you agree or disagree.
Speaker 4: I think people are forgetting about last year's draft because you got guys like Baptiste, you got guys that you got like anytime we get to the next draft, I think people forget about.
Speaker 1: The last draft. That's very true. People forget about development. Development.
Speaker 4: Like I'm not as a guy that had been in the locker room, I've always seen depth charts at this time of the year, and the first thing that comes to my mind is that you forget we drafted this guy last year. Just because he wasn't ready last year don't mean he's not gonna get ready this year. So yes, if you want to say on pay where's the glaring you're didn't upgrade, it'll be the past rusher the age. But I would say, step back and look at who we resigned, look at who we already got, and wonder how we're going to play because we boked up. We got bigger on the offensive line, we got bigger on the defensive line.
Speaker 1: So we're really focused on interior.
Speaker 4: We understand that the Philadelphia Eagles are they are the crim Della crim So we're really building this roster to play them. So I would say with a team they had an edge and a guy that last year, what did people say we needed an edge? And Dante Finley end up with double digit sacks?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So sometimes you got to believe in the process. And I'm one of these processed guys. I can't do everything in one offseason like it just will not happy. But getting Larmie Thompson, one of the best tackles in football, plus then Deebo Samuels, plus getting these guys like we did the things I think we needed to do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask you about that, but I want to ask you one more thing about the defensive line. And not every defensive line they can do this, but some of these guys have the athleticism to maybe bounce outside and playouts.
Speaker 1: Some guys are built for the adience. Paine can do that.
Speaker 4: Yane can literally play detail and play Russian when he wants to. Like Colin Farrell, He's a like, we got guys that can get the job done. Like the one thing I think people universally need to always think about football is last year, if you independently went down our roster player for player, they would have not said.
Speaker 1: There was a good roster. It's very true.
Speaker 4: But the some of the parts, the some of the parts came together the farm from voutrunt, they would they outplayed what you say individually, we couldn't. All right, So just what this is? This is the ultimate team game?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So I'm one of those people. What do we look like when we are altogether? I don't want to just take a name for a name because if we're gonna do that before the nine is on paper with the best team in football last year, Yeah, but on the field they wasn't because they they wasn't a team like so it's all about the whole team, not individually.
Speaker 1: Who is the best? Like let's look at the Philadelphias.
Speaker 2: Okay, because really are you said it? And I think it's a really good point. Is you're trying to compete with them because on both sides of the football their lines are exceptional.
Speaker 1: Yes, And did they have like this crazy edge Russia? No?
Speaker 4: No, they had the shortest route to the quarterback is the de tackle the interior and they have doomsday Jalen Carton, and he's.
Speaker 1: The interior threat.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: When the Rams won, was they threat edge? How was it interior?
Speaker 4: I'm about interior Russias to show what this route to the quarterback is through the center. All right, So I'm not all I'm not going crazy about edge. Everybody likes to go crazy about edge. The best edge rusher in football today is Miles Garrett. He has no playoffs wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The second best edge rush is t J. Watt, he has no playoff wins. Right, I'm going interior, right, I'm an interior guy. Interior changes football games.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're gonna talk about the old line is so we're gonna talk about the new look offense with San Tantamas.
Speaker 1: Tenn's gonna show on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come out up here in a little bit, so we'll get his thoughts on how they're gonna use Dee Bow, what Laramie Tunseel means before we do all that.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, Let's talk about the other.
Speaker 2: Side of the football and the offensive line and Laramie Tunsel and what a game changer that is, because all of a sudden, when you have a guy like that where he doesn't need any help.
Speaker 4: Out, eat your help right, slide everything the other way, all right, listen, we haven't had that guy since Trent Williams. Like I think the football guys said, you know what, since y'all gave up Trent for a little bit of nothing, we're gonna give you Larry and Tumpson for a little bit of nothing.
Speaker 1: We haven't had a guy like this.
Speaker 4: Well, I had a guy like this with Chris Samuels Starward.
Speaker 1: I forget how great he was, by the way, first of.
Speaker 4: All, big pro Chris Samuels was literally like y'all go do y'all, I'm going him to this side. And the funny thing about me and Chris Samuel we played against each other in college. Yeah, so we've been at each other for a long time. Here with Tobama, right, he went to bad. See, this is where Missippi State ran things all right in the sec Like when I was there, we were beating on Christnia like they had nothing to do, like the Chrystal time, like they were like, hey, MISSI State Christmas time. We were like, it doesn't matter, We're gonna beat up Alabama, Auburn, whoever. We had to play at the time, so, but I tell you this, when I played with Chris and the league, nobody was getting around that side. That's a left tackle. Now we got Larry Tumpson. He allows everybody to go to where they need to be on the offensive line. Like once you get him, he just strengthen in the fact that Coleman plays right tackle.
Speaker 1: I seen this kid, what he did as a rookie at left tackle. Putting him on the right got better.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be better. Ali gritty better be oddish to me, be ottish. One of the best centers in football last year, like I'm sorry, like sexy Dexie Lawrence gave everybody hell last year. I guess he didn't get here. He didn't get battish. Hell, he be oddish. Now we had one of the best offensive lines to me, especially the way they coached in football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I ain't scared to say that in football.
Speaker 4: And then you got Jedi five behind that that gives you a chance, That.
Speaker 1: Gets the running backs a chance to be better.
Speaker 4: The wide receiver was the tight end like when you win trench warfare. I want people to understand this. You can have all the Shunn Taylor's in the world Bagelo Halls, Fred Smoot's and Tanner's. You can have all that in the world. If your fat boys are not better than the fat boys on the opposite team, you will lose this game. This game is won on trench warfare. When we won Super Bowls, we had dextra manly Chard's man. We had the best off in the line with the Hogs. Like you win through trench warfare, And that's what we're preparing for right now.
Speaker 2: And not only are you protecting your second year quarterback and Jedi five as you say, but now he gets just a little bit of extra time and that can mean everything. No, that changes games. Absolutely, that changes games.
Speaker 4: Now you don't have to run him as much because I could just hand it off to my running back, get this three yards in the cloud of dust, and keep on going with the game plan. He like, now we get to see him at his peak, as far as I'm saying, because to me, he's a step under Lamar Jackson when it comes up and running. That says a lot. But he's he passes the ball like Pat Mahomes. So if you if you say here, we're going to protect you and give you a chance to dictate the game. Now you get to bill your defense different. Like you remember the one thing about Peyton Manning and the Coats. If you got them in the tight game, their defense ones as good because their defense was built to play with with a lead. They was built to pass rush both defensive ends short a defensive end not very good against the run, but freenand ristal they can pass rush.
Speaker 1: They was built to play with the lead. Right. Well, now we get to build our team to play with the lead.
Speaker 2: When you look at this old line, thanks to Anne for putting these these sizes in here.
Speaker 1: We got some big human beings here. I like big human beings.
Speaker 2: Laramie tounsl six foot five, three hundred and fifteen pounds.
Speaker 1: He's mimut of a man.
Speaker 2: Nick Alligretti six foot four three twenty, Tyler Reader six foot four three eighteen, Andrew Waddy's sixty six three on nine, Brandon Coleman six six three twenty.
Speaker 1: It's just beef after beef, Yes, beef, Yes, where's the be all right?
Speaker 4: Listen to me once you understand where the bar said at Philadelphia? Set the bar all right with lands Johnson, rest of those guys, coy beckting. You gotta realize they had my cop becked in their guard. He's three forty. We understood we're gonna have to go band the man with them, all right, So we're gonna have to change our side. We're gonna have to change our aggressiveness. We're gonna have to change how we do things like to measure up to them. We played them three times last year, three times we understood what the mission was. The mission was go get the guys that smell like bacon, bring them into one room and make sure they jail and stay healthy. Like that's the key. And it ain't just about those first five. You gotta realized once you got larrymy Tumsell, somebody got pushed to the bench and not the your swing tackle.
Speaker 1: And now there your other guys.
Speaker 4: So you you got to be at least eight guys deep on that defensive line and the offensive line to have what you want how you want it.
Speaker 2: Size is obviously a porter, but outside of size, Yeah, what do you think is the next most important part of being on the O line?
Speaker 1: Is it footwork? Is it hands?
Speaker 4: Communication? Communication? That's where Beyondish coming in. At Beyondish. What he did this year was say no rookie, I'm gonna handle the line calls, you handle the checks. Yeah, that takes a lot off of quarterback's plate when the center is handling the line, cause not only is he doing all the communication, he is actually probing the defense, finding out where the edges are, where.
Speaker 1: The Russians are coming from, and he's checking to it.
Speaker 4: Like when the quarterback doesn't have to do that, it allows him to mentally prepare for other stuff. So I would say communication is the key because the one thing about the office of line there they are modern day rock band.
Speaker 2: I mean they have to play as a union unit or it doesn't work.
Speaker 4: It doesn't work. They are a rock band. And in this rock band, we need to know who is the lead singer, who on the drums, who, like who doing what, because once we all doing what, we need to do the same.
Speaker 1: It's harmony.
Speaker 2: I love that analogy because you've seen a live band, and you don't see bands much anymore. Yeah, but when you see a band and everybody knows their role and doing it at like on point, at the same time.
Speaker 1: You're like, man, these guys are poetry in motion. It is like it's poetry in motion.
Speaker 4: And it also had to come to this like, know your job, do your job, and communicate. That's what the office of line. All the best offensive lines I've ever faced. I can remember Kansas City when I was a young guy.
Speaker 5: They had a wall.
Speaker 4: That couldn't be penetrated with Priest Holmes running that ball and Will Shields and the old guy. I was like, this is I'm studying these guys. I'm like, this is unbelievable what they are doing. Like so when you get into the tomorrow interstry, part about football is mostly comes down to communication. So I would say communication, We got the side, we got the people. Now can they get on the same level and communicate like they did last year at a high level. Because I remember coming into last year everybody was like, oh, offic is a learned We need help, And I was like no, I would like get these guys a chance. Like the one thing about sports is everybody want instant grits.
Speaker 1: Yes, instant grits don't taste good, especially in twenty twenty five. Everybody wants you know.
Speaker 4: Micaway Society, absolutely, Micaway Society. They want it done right now. No, give your players time to grow and come together.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I think we have some voicemails, We have some and Anna, are you gonna be on a camera?
Speaker 2: Hit it?
Speaker 6: Okay? This has been much debated.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think I will be on camera, not this week or next week, but potentially after that, which so not yet. Yeah, no, not yet, but it's common. Okay, just give me some time here people. We also weren't ready today.
Speaker 1: It's just camera.
Speaker 6: It doesn't it's just a camera.
Speaker 7: But bad hair day, you look right.
Speaker 6: I thinks that's nice.
Speaker 7: But like, also, just give me him, like I gotta like, let me feel like, let me feel, let me feel decent, Okay, and then and then I'll be ready.
Speaker 1: People demand it. They want to see him, they demand it.
Speaker 6: And that's yeah, that's yeah. Hey, I'm stealing the spotlight from Fred, but.
Speaker 5: It's enough spotlight to go around.
Speaker 6: No, okay, let me find our favorite by the way.
Speaker 2: Give us a call, yes seven oh three seven six seven one nine, you know the jingle, or you can email us on the electronic mail Washington get loud at gmail dot com, Santana coming up here in a few minutes.
Speaker 7: Well, our favorite, our favorite guy, traveling Jay gave us a call a little life update.
Speaker 1: So here we are traveling.
Speaker 3: Smooth Anakayla, your boys back traveling Jay. Hey, guys just wanted to touch base. Uh, I haven't called a couple of months. A few months, Uh the siege, you're done, and then some treatments. But had my last one last week, God willing, I'll be ready for another season coming up. Uh. I had to put off my procedure because they kept going to the playoffs. Wasn't no way I was gonna be under the weather for that. So I had it right after the uh, right after the championship game. And it was a shame we didn't make it, but we're on the pace and then and were getting done. A couple of things. First of all, O, Kayla, big apology. I believe I'm the only one that ever gives her props. Uh, I've been saying kayleb. Why you guys didn't correct me?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Kayla, you're the Bob dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: Also, Jinks, I saw you with a bunch of Emmys behind you when you were doing it at your home. Uh is that for show? Like are you on?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Skuyper Zoom with people trying to get another job and you're just showing out or you really it's awesome. I don't know why you don't say I'm Jenkins Emmy Award winner. Also, Anna's still doing a great job. You need to show yourself though you can't be e turtle your whole life. And uh, by the way, I do a lot of Colorado and Smoot, you always you always my dog man, you always my dog. Got a question for you. This might be a little something for y'all to talk about. If you've got to choose of all the players in Redskins history, with the exception of the obvious, like like Jeditizemon or Darryl Green or John Riggins or anybody like that, who would you take out of all the players back in the day in the twenty ninth pick of this year's draft, Guys, looking forward to your answers, Jeekes, Smoot and get Caleb involved. Why can't you give us an answer? And of course Anna, guys, I love you more than I do. Okay, and I hope everybody's good. Uh, we'll talk to you soon. And yeah, he's still the best.
Speaker 1: Get will get well.
Speaker 4: George seeing you at the game and Jeorge seeing you in the sweet It was great to see him.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: So if I had the twenty ninth pick and I could pick any player from the past, he excluded Joe Theismann and Darryl Green. My god, who would I add to this team? I think most people say, take Brian A.
Speaker 1: Rack Pole.
Speaker 2: Oh, get yourself an edge of Ryan Carrigan, Andre Carter, I got one for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, because I don't know if y'all seeing his son. But LeVar Arrington the second is a Penn State right now, is he really? And he looks the same size as his dad.
Speaker 1: He's like a freshman, somehomore. He's a freshman, all right. The second is coming.
Speaker 4: So I would take LeVar Arrington at the twenty ninth pick, put him on this team in a three four I really because I got a chance to play with LeVar I think we really hampered him by making him play four to three linebacker, stand up in space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we was a three four team, think he should have been on the edge. Then if he would have rushed off the edge.
Speaker 4: Hall of Fame football player, without questioning, one of the best athletes I've been around. If LeVar Arrington was rushing the passer eighty percent of the time and we.
Speaker 1: Seen him in coverage. He could cover.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but if he was a three to four outside linebacker, we're talking about a Hall of fame. It's nothing like because we took him and Chris Samuels with the second and third pick that year, and people say Chris had a better career. I'll say he had a better career because he was set up to have a better career and LeVar was put in a a place where they was like figuring out how to use him, and they should have used.
Speaker 1: Him as a three to four rusher.
Speaker 4: I would personally take to add to this team today, LeVar Arrington to this team number fifty six, most definitely.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting. I talked to LeVar Big LeVar, the original LeVar back during the.
Speaker 2: Season and listening to him now and sort of his perspective now in his career, you can tell he's sort of he's definitely mature. Obviously that happens with time, but he also you can kind of tell he would go about things differently if he could, and wisdom will do that.
Speaker 1: But it was interesting to hear his perspective now. Most definitely.
Speaker 4: Why not, because come on, you're talking about one of the top one percent of at the leads in and when he was coming out of college, come on you, if you don't go no, you go number two pick?
Speaker 1: You going number two picks For the reason he was a beast.
Speaker 4: And I think when he got to the league, he didn't start from the door. You know, they made him be patient. He went to Pro Bowls, so he had seasons that was out of this world. But like I said, I think when you get certain players, you can't put them on a team and not utilize them to their strengths.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we never did that with LeVar.
Speaker 4: I think LaVar should have been a full time edge rusher. And if he would have been, like I say, you would have drafted two Hall of famers because if Chris don't hurt his neck here in the Hall of Fame, yeah, and then if LeVar just a edge rusher here in the Hall of Fame, so didn't mean you would have got in.
Speaker 1: Two consecutive three consecutive years.
Speaker 4: You would have got Champ Bailey Hall of Fame, Chris Samuel Hall of Fame, LaVar Hear Hall of Fame, and Fritz Because if you would have used LeVar the right way and rush the passage.
Speaker 1: I would have got pigs up for you.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Now I chose LeVar. Who do you choose with the twenty nine?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I mean from anywhere in history, anywhere in here. But if they need an edge, then Racks a great choice.
Speaker 1: Right, You're going to rack Pole? Are go? You can go kill Harvey. I kill Harvey's good. I mean god, you can go Bruce Mill You Chris Hanburger. That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Like it.
Speaker 4: It's options there, Drake Carter. You brought up Drake Carter like, it's options there. Who does Michael? I think you're only gonna take a rag Pole because of the Texas connection.
Speaker 5: That's why you're gonna take your rag pole.
Speaker 2: Imagine you can get him at twenty nine when you take him at twenty nine. Yes, I'll take him in twenty nine. Most deep, I take him at twenty nine. So it's it's it's just guys out there. I go with Renzo Alexander, Like, it's guys that you can get.
Speaker 4: The question is who would you want to put.
Speaker 1: In this culture?
Speaker 2: Yeah, on this team, Well, Zoe would be a great choice because he could do anything.
Speaker 4: The one man game. Yeah, I named him that great name. I basically named.
Speaker 1: Two decades of Washington football. I believe that.
Speaker 4: And I remember at one practice Zoe went from detailcle outside age, offensive tackle, full of back and tidy, and.
Speaker 1: I like you a one man gay. That's amazing and that's what he does.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 7: Well, we're having some technical difficulties, so Santana's going to call in via phone.
Speaker 1: Oh, via phone? Okay?
Speaker 6: You ready?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 6: I hate to cut it. Hate to cut you guys off.
Speaker 4: No, I used to use a payphone. I know you don't know what they'd eat.
Speaker 5: Oh I do.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, let me let me readmayone.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's gonna read the answer, all right, I'll read the first one.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 7: The Get Loud Podcast is brought to you by Bet three six five, official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with the Bet three six y five app. Craft your own personalized betslip with parlay, access thousands of games with live streaming, place your bet before the match, or bet during the game.
Speaker 6: It's up to you. Download the Bet three six five app today and join.
Speaker 7: Eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem caller text one eight hundred gambler Right.
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, I do my read m w A. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life doesn't escape us. We dream of any place in the world and in the blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonder of flight. All you have to do is the side is where to Dulas International Airport. Let you imagination sore book your adventure today at flight dullis dot com. Slash nonstyle but up Santana Man, and next, I want to talk to you about what do you how do you see them utilizing Deebo Samuels.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think you said it best the other day on our you know, Command Center podcast. De boy is a Swiss army knife, you know what I mean. That's so many different ways you can use them. Whether you want to use him in a slot where you want to use them out wide. You can use them in the backfield. You can set them up as an age back or a guy that he can be a blocking guy. He can be a guy that can just be a decoy because he's gonna you know, I guess you can say, absorb so much attention, you know from your defense, and so I think we can kind of use all that and let that be a factor and what he does on the field, because when you have a guy like Deebo samuews as a game changer, and also he's going to elevate other guys opportunities because now when I'm looking at this third and critical, a defense going to say, well, you know, they got to be going to Deboy in some sense and or some capacity.
Speaker 5: And now you leave a guy.
Speaker 8: Open, like you know, Terry mcclaurin, or even that that that that other wide receiver who might be on the field with him, or so you know in Gallup or whoever it may be that guy.
Speaker 5: So I just feel like we have a we have a guy that we can really.
Speaker 8: You know, dictate to defenses what we want to do because he's going to be on the field.
Speaker 1: Tana.
Speaker 2: When you think about Debo and his skill set, and then you add the fact that he says he's got a chip on his shoulder, I'm sure you played that way or you've played with other guys who are motivated in that way, and it can really help them elevate their games.
Speaker 5: Right, no doubt, no doubt, jinks.
Speaker 8: I think when I came over here in five, that's what kind of motivated me to have the season I had That year was one the opportunities was given.
Speaker 5: And then two.
Speaker 8: You know, I remember when Porters when I got here, I had no place to stay, and I was staying with Porters and you know, nice before Ota practices and stuff.
Speaker 5: Porters has a.
Speaker 8: Whole card game and probably going on downstairs, and I'm upstairs in the bedroom, you know, watching looking over my playbook and stretching, and Porter's knock, going to do, Like, Bro, you're not gonna come downstairs. I'm like, you know what, Bro, Like, you've been here for a year now, this is going on your second year.
Speaker 5: You know, these guys don't know me. So I got to be prepared.
Speaker 8: I want to go out there and let them know what I come to do this year. And I was eager to go out there and show, you know, everybody, you know what the Redskins had picked up. Now, I didn't have a chip about leaving the Jets because I felt like I gave them my all and they actually that particular year I left, that was one of my better years. We had just went to the second round playoffs, and if you look at both of those playoff games, I was a prime factor in us even you know, having the chance to win in both of those games. So I didn't have a chip as in like they let me go. I was really excited about them letting me, you know, spread my wings and come over here. But I more so had a chip of just letting everybody knowing the world or the football world, that you know, you're getting a guy that's capable of going out here putting up big numbers.
Speaker 5: And that's what I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did that. You did do that.
Speaker 4: And everybody's talking about the debo signing. Everybody's talking about a couple more guys we signed. My number one guy this offseason is Laramie tompsl. I just think when it comes to having that left tackle and you know me and you play with Chris Samuels, so we used to have in this star ward at left tackle. Then you also played with Trent Williams, so you're used to that. What do you think Laramie Tompsel does to this offensive line and what he brings to this team.
Speaker 5: I mean, he gives us, he give us more.
Speaker 8: You know, veteran leadership, and I just I guess you could say a dynamic piece on that line. I think when you look at what he asked to another dynamic.
Speaker 5: Piece or a few pieces that we do have already.
Speaker 8: You know, if you look at our center position, you look at our right guard position, you know position. You know, those guys have solidified and showed showed the NFL who they are, you know, and they was a force to be reckoned with last year. And then now you bringing a Tunsu, a guy who's been dominant since he's been in the league.
Speaker 5: You know. I remember when he was with.
Speaker 8: The Dolphins and the Dolphins gave him up and he went over there to the Texas and where everybody was like, wow, the Dolphins would do that.
Speaker 5: But you know, sometime when you have a piece like that, you can't pay him. You got to let him fly.
Speaker 8: And then now over there, you know, and in Houston for so many years, being that that vocal point on that offensive line, you know, blocking for the young kid that they have in Stroud and the things that they did the last two years, and it just it's great to see that we were able to go out there and get a guy like that you don't normally, you know, you know, get those kind of guys to come to you. And I just feel like this part of his career, man, it's going to be one of those things that he goes out to and say, man, I want to really make an impact on this team, just knowing who they have the quarterback position.
Speaker 5: You know, people raise their games up when.
Speaker 8: You have a guy that's capable of doing the things that Jaden Daniels has shown us already. So I'm pretty sure all those guys, Thompson, Deebo, any other new piece pieces that came back, guys like Noah Brown, all these guys are going to raise and elevate their games just knowing that, Man, I have a shot. I have a window that I can really you know, put my name in Stone or this tink or with this team as us getting further and finally getting a chance to see Destiny getting to that super Bowl because we have the kind of guys that kind of normally you know, you seeing those games in the Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 2: Tanner, how much do you think Kingsbury's looking his chops right now like he's gonna have a better line an experienced quarterback in his second year, and you have Terry McClain and the Swiss Arvey life like you're talking about in Deebo Samiel, Cliff's gonna be able to do a lot of different things.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I wonder if Cliff even you know, sleep at night nowadays, just know what he needs to just go ahead and have ready for these guys to go out there and explore all those talents, all those different talents that he have on the offensive side of the ball. You know, it's funny, man, we cover this team and we hear so much. Man Like, everybody gets caught up into narratives. You know, you can always hear when the team's spiral in a little bit and they're.
Speaker 5: Going through a little slide.
Speaker 8: You know, people be quick to go ahead and and pinpoint something to someone else has said years before about something and and try to say, this is what's going on right now. I love the fact that Cliff was able to dig yourself out of you know, Cliff and our team, our offense and the team as a whole was able to dig theirself out of that well that couple of game skied that we had last year because people was ready to go ahead and say, you know, oh, this is the cliff we saw from you know, in Arizona when they had those late, you know, lapses in the off season. You know, he's he's a guy that you know, coaches well early and then then then the offense lose their you know whatever, you can say their their their their energy or don't don't look like themselves late in the season.
Speaker 5: But he proved them wrong last year. So just knowing that he was able to kind of do that.
Speaker 8: With a young quarterback, a rookie quarterback, and a first a kind of makeshift team because the team was kind of just all kind of finding their way throughout the season get to know each other. It's great to know that he gets a second run at it to really really, you know what I mean, put some things together and have.
Speaker 5: These guys ready for the second time around.
Speaker 8: And you know, I know as a fan base, man, you always want to have those guys who was able to accomplish a lot. You want to see them again. And I think, man, we bringing back the majority of those guys. Man, you look at it, you know we're talking about Tonsu and talking about Debo, but when you really think about it, man, we have guys.
Speaker 5: Like Austin Eckler.
Speaker 8: You have guys like Brown missed the majority of the back end of the season last year, who played an integral part in our receiver corps.
Speaker 5: You know, you have so many.
Speaker 8: These other guys that's coming back, you know, b Rob, all these guys had a big role in our success last year. So just to know that we're going to have those guys back, you know, with a Cliff Queensbury and him to be able to open that play book up even more with the new added pieces of Debo and tomsu blocking, and and you may now you might move Coleman down to be a guard again because he was a guy that did both in college. Who knows, Man, I just feel like we just got that much better this off season.
Speaker 4: Everybody seems to be forgetting about the draft class from last year because of the new shiny things that we're getting in free agency and the draft is coming up. But now everybody seemed to forget about last year's draft class. I want to spark in on one guy, Christian McCaffrey. Where do you see christ McCaffrey figuring in on his offense next year? Because I think he might take a big state fail. I mean, yeah, I wish we had Christian but Luke McCaffrey. Where do you see Luke fitting in in this offense next year?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 8: Look, one of the things Luke showed, man that don't show up on the stat sheet is just you know, you can't teach effort. You know, that's not taught in our game. That's not taught in much in life. And that's what he showed. That man came to work every day or the little young dude. It was a couple of times where.
Speaker 5: I feel like he got robbed for touchdowns, whether.
Speaker 8: He was wide opening and didn't get the ball, or got the ball and did all the hard work and got him down there close, and then he didn't get a chance to do a little easy dump off route, you know what I mean, where you can you know, you can reward them for you know, his accomplishment of getting the team down there.
Speaker 5: He showed, man, he showed that he's here, He's meant to be here.
Speaker 8: And when a guy has the knowledge of the game that he does from the quartback position, man, I think that the window is wide open for him to be a be be one of those guys that you can kind of lean on at any given time. I mean, you saw it in Kansas City what they do with certain packages, with different people who can do more.
Speaker 5: I feel like his game is there. He can do as much as needed. You know, if you need him to be a receiver. He showed you that he can go out there and be a receiver.
Speaker 8: You might want to do a decoy and have him in the back as a quarterback and have a trick playing there. I'm sure he can do that because he played the position. I just feel like the window is wide open for the man. I feel like the pedigree is in him, you know when it comes to his family and his lineage, you know when and you know, just being a McCaffrey and what his dad and his brother was able to do in this league.
Speaker 5: And I'm just looking forward for him just to get better too. You know. He's a young piece that I want.
Speaker 8: To see grow and and and show that he's worthy to be here next year, even with all the other added pieces.
Speaker 1: That's like Gys saying, Tanna Moss, Tanna always grad de hear from you and not to do the old school just bringing on the phone. Yeah, ain't nothing like a good.
Speaker 5: Phone call, appreciate all right, I'll be good, all right.
Speaker 4: Can Luke McCaffrey do everything that Deebo Samuels can do? Because he played quarterback, play running back, he returned kicks in college, and he played wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Can Luke be your defect?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: Whatever he can do, I can do.
Speaker 2: Maybe in specific like for like gadget plays like not on a like Deebo can do it on a regular basis because Deebo has the bill to do it.
Speaker 1: Luke McCaffrey is not small. He's not small, But.
Speaker 2: Do you think he could take the beating that Debo has taken, like when he's handed off the football.
Speaker 1: I think Luke can.
Speaker 4: I think I think Luke can do whatever's act of him. I think he has done it. I think he has shown you he done it. I think his bodybill says I can do it. You need me to play slide, I could play slot, right. I think he can play in the backfield if he was forced.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: That's certain spots, yeah you know what I mean, Like if you did it too much, then I think all of a sudden that takes too much of a toll on him. But in specific situations like in a third down situation without some.
Speaker 1: Sort of special set that Cliff dreams up.
Speaker 2: I mean, like Tannel was talking about, Cliff Kingsbury has to be in heaven right now, like all different tools he has.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So if I'm going to I'm always gonna have a player behind the player.
Speaker 1: That can do the same exact things that they do and and more.
Speaker 4: Did I think about what Santana's saying, I'm like, well, Luke is pretty much everything that debo, right, it's de gonna be his Doppler Games debt, the person that says, if this guyn't available, this guy gonna do this same as the office doesn't change, all right, put like this, imagine this. Okay, I'm Cliff Kingsbury. It's third down in three, I bring in Austin Eckler. Okay, d BO sevenis Luke McCaffrey. Out of those three, you don't know who's gonna be in the backfield.
Speaker 1: That's true. And you still got Terry split out and don't and then don't let me put one of these guys in motion. That's true.
Speaker 4: So I'm just saying it's one of those things where you're not gonna be able to figure out who's who, where's these guys gonna line up like That's gonna be the hard thing because as a defense, we usually know like Ctenia coming out here, Stanna's an X, he gonna be on the outside.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be there.
Speaker 4: But I don't think you have that luxury if I bring in these three guys at one time. Because Eckler could play the slot, we move them to the slot all the time.
Speaker 1: Do you think we'll see more motion this year?
Speaker 4: Yes, because once Debo Luke McCaffrey goes a crawl, keep.
Speaker 1: Those guys moving.
Speaker 4: Like the one thing I can say this about Debo, he's what we call on defense alert guy.
Speaker 1: Alert when he moves, alert, when he in.
Speaker 4: The game, alert everything right because he could be getting the ball all right. So when he comes in and he moves, the whole defense moves. Okay, So I think we'll see Debo more as a decoy this year than anything else because when he moves, the eyes of the defense moves, and that's what you want.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good idea the more I think about it, voicemails.
Speaker 7: Emails, No, but we can well, you guys should leave us more voicemails and emails if you can seven O three seven six seven four nine, let us know your thoughts on all our takes. Yes, plenty, we have more coming up, so be sure to stick around.
Speaker 6: But it sounds like we have to pay those bills.
Speaker 1: We can call in and we have to pay those pills.
Speaker 2: Pay m Let's talk about sege especially this summer because seekik has your ticket to the best live concerts in the DMV at Northwest Stadium. To make it easy to catch world conquering tours and high watterch performances from your favorite artists all summer long. Sea Geek has the best seat your seat for an unforgettable summer.
Speaker 1: From Rock Royalty to rap superstars R and B the.
Speaker 2: Country find it all on sea Gek, the official primary ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 1: Summer concert season officially starts with sea Geek.
Speaker 4: Nice man, Nice, this is opening day baseball right, I'm a baseball fan and Dylan Cruise UNLISU has blessed us so much.
Speaker 1: They sure have dealing once again. The SEC has blessed us. Thank James Woods.
Speaker 4: I think it's the start of something great like Washington right now, with Maryland going into the Sweet sixteen, we.
Speaker 1: Out of District of Champions right now. DC stands for District of Champions.
Speaker 4: All right, and we got a youth movement right now, all right, so I can eight to go see the Nationals play. I think they're right at the start of something great. The Wizard in Sars and you know, I can't wait till we draft mister Cooper.
Speaker 2: These wizards are gonna keep winning them just enough. You're like, do you wizard be a wizard right now? I need you the wizard. I need you to lose.
Speaker 1: To get Cooper flag. Listen to me.
Speaker 4: Think about this poetry in motion. Some stuff are is meant to be. You draft Cooper flag with the number one pig, and you see the flag just waving behind him in the nation's count the DC flag DC and the United States flag like just waving behind him.
Speaker 1: Cooper flag is the last piece in the very back. You see the state flag of Main.
Speaker 4: Yes, because we've been looking, because we've been looking for people from Main.
Speaker 1: We finally found one and they blessed us.
Speaker 4: Cooper flag is the last key to d C becoming the district champion. I mean parades for the next fifteen years. I'm talking about Boston like you know how boss, nobody does parades like Boston like a good twenty years about every year having a parade of some form of fashion mark my word. If we get Cooper Flag, we will have between baseball, football, basketball, soccer, we'll probably have anywhere from seven to eleven parades in the next twenty years.
Speaker 6: I love parades.
Speaker 1: Who do you know what Caps might bring us one this year? I don't know how can I forget about the Caps?
Speaker 5: Ov?
Speaker 4: I'm be such six He's six goals right there, He's six?
Speaker 1: Can you believe it?
Speaker 4: I thought, no, I remember I used to watch this cartoon every Sunday. Wayne Gretzki, Michael Jordan, you.
Speaker 1: Remember that was just a cartoon.
Speaker 4: I thought, out of everybody's record, I said that one would never be great.
Speaker 1: I never thought it'd be touched in Ov. It is literally, he's going to do it. No, he's going to doing to do it. He's going to do it. District champions.
Speaker 6: It love that also, love Hot takes Hot takes.
Speaker 7: Sorry to quickly just we only have a few more minutes left in the pod, But I feel like this is a good game.
Speaker 6: Did you guys. Ever, Okay, if you're a gen Z you'll be familiar. There used to be a thing. This is horrible. But on Instagram, whether you'd say rate, date hate, what do you rate the person? Would you date them? And do you hate them?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I remember hot or not?
Speaker 7: It's way more complicated naturally, So this is rate the take and do you hate the take?
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 6: Date the take? Okaycause I feel.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 6: Unless you really want to marry the take. You love the take, so but we don't have to.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got married before. It didn't last, but I'll try it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, let's we'll get the first take.
Speaker 1: Moving on after the season.
Speaker 7: Okay, after the season, teams will regret not trading for Deebo Samuel Senior Looking at you, Broncos.
Speaker 4: I date that because I think he can add to any team he's on. Like and if you got a young quarterback like Denver, does you want to get as many at the least as possible around him.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't hate that. I actually like that take a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, de boys talked about how motivated he is, and I know the knock on him as well. He took too many heads out of San Francisco, he's lost his step, but I don't believe that. And I also believe that in this offense he'll be used. They lean on him so much, and here he's not gonna have to carry so much of that offense exactly. And because of Austin Actionler, because of b Rob and because you're so dynamic on offense. Now, I think Cliff Kingsbury will be able to use Debo in a way that is more creative than we've seen. Ye that will help his skill set. I don't think he's done by a long shot.
Speaker 4: They also tried to diagnose to him with third degree fat rats disease.
Speaker 5: All right, now, I heard.
Speaker 4: I know, I know most people don't know what fat rats disease is.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: It's when you get into the NFL and you get paid and you don't play as hard no more, okay, fat rats disease?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: I think we got to motivated debo with none fat rats disease.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So I always tell a player, like when I see players get paid, I always look at the next two seasons.
Speaker 1: How do you play in the next two seasons?
Speaker 4: Tell me if your fat rats disease or you don't have fat rat.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it's gonna be good.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 7: Next take this year's draft class is deeper than last year's star studied class.
Speaker 5: Lies a right, I said.
Speaker 4: I said last year class could be the best quarterback class of all time. I meant it like it's no draft that literally had six first round quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: That's all good talk, my word.
Speaker 4: JJ McCarthy will be a bawler, all right, Michael Pennix bowler, Caleb gonna have a better year, Baller JD five. We know what we got, Baller like No, then you got elite neighbors, and and.
Speaker 1: And Marvin J. Cooper to Genie. You got Queen, you got Queen young Mitchell. You got start after start after starter.
Speaker 4: No, this year's draft, and it usually happened like this when you have a mega draft like you had last year, the next year can't can't measure up to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Put it like this.
Speaker 4: Who was the last quarterback taking in the first round last year? Was it Bo Nicks? It was Bo Nicks was the first one. He was the last quarterback taking over, the last quarterback. I think he was the last one in the first round. Yeah, I think he would be the first quarterback in this draft, the number one quarterback in this draft last year draft is just totally better the best receiver in this draft. Does it measure up to elite neighbors? Right, Marmon Harrison Jr.
Speaker 5: It just don't all right?
Speaker 6: Hate that take.
Speaker 1: Next, hate hate hay hater.
Speaker 6: I like the little French, the French accent you put on Cooper.
Speaker 2: Oh Sorryjon, I just got back from.
Speaker 7: It's better if Russell Wilson is starting for the Giants than Jamis Winston.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 4: I've always been a Ruskal fan.
Speaker 1: I like Ruskal, but I know who he is. He's a politician.
Speaker 4: You heard what he said to the Giants fan.
Speaker 1: You can't get out of his way. He can't what he say. He didn't say, let's right, thank God.
Speaker 5: Said go big blue.
Speaker 1: Lis is what they say? How do you say it? Though?
Speaker 4: We vote, we vote people's country to office all blue that we know, we know we can.
Speaker 1: He right through the right. We do it all the time. He doesn't see him authentic.
Speaker 5: It's nothing about Russell that's off any Like.
Speaker 4: Listen, the one thing I know about James, He's gonna throw it out there tall. James is the dude at the bar they said, hold my beer money.
Speaker 1: Probably say it like hold my beer money because I got something to do.
Speaker 4: I'm more afraid of James getting in the game than I am Russell. I read to play against Russell anytime, any day, no problem.
Speaker 1: Jameis will take his shots, there's no question about. And somebody will take their shots. Sometimes good stuff happened.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, so no, I'm more afraid of James than I am Russell. Not A big question in Big Blue is who says the pregame speech.
Speaker 1: No matter who the start is. I think James gonna out rule. Will the Lord deliver Jamis from pick sixes? The Lord can't do it.
Speaker 4: The Lord gave James what he gonna give it. He gave him athletic ability, but he can't get in the way. He still had to let things happen. Yeah, all right, now, I love me some James West Like after football, James ain't got to ask for no job.
Speaker 1: Oh he'll get a job. Oh he gonna get aged. He is a idiot.
Speaker 4: I love people that's authentically there.
Speaker 2: And people love Jamis. Teammates love James. They love because he's authentic.
Speaker 4: So think about it, you got one guy who's known to be unauthentic in Russell, and then you.
Speaker 1: Got the most authentic quarterback in the league.
Speaker 4: This is their quarterback room is gonna be off the change that what I say, It's gonna be a big argument on the backup quarterback giving the pregame speech because.
Speaker 1: Nobody gonna want to hear Russell. They gonna want to hear James. Have you ever seen what was it last year when Jamis went back to New Orleans? Was it so last year.
Speaker 2: Where there was a line, no lie of his former teammates, a line wanting to get in line to shake hands, to hug Jameis, like you rarely said football where.
Speaker 1: It was just one after everyone want on the hand.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, the one thing about the locker room is when you got fifty three after males, they love the genuine person in the room, the person that says I'm still a person. You still a person? You still a person? Stop take that chip off your shoulder. That's what James is. He undresses a room, and that's what you want in your locker room. That's why I say it's gonna be a It's gonna be a divide in New York, which we don't care what happens in New York. But it's Vito walking down with some possible So that's a that's a three way divide. What I'm saying, It's gonna be a three way divide in there the Vito James.
Speaker 1: I like the game Rusk, you know, but I can't wait to see the circus. First of all is then they're gonna draft like Chador or someone at three.
Speaker 4: Thank you, like it's they got a button up there, like push in case of emergency, James, is that emergency?
Speaker 1: I see all three of them playing nixt year. Hey can happen? I see all three of them playing next year. That's how bad I think it's gonna be. Are we done? Anna, We're done? I got the nod from Anna. That's it for the Get Lab podcast presented by Sea Gee. That's Fred Smooth. I'm Michael Jenkins. Thanks for being with us. Enjoy the week seeing about seven days.
Speaker 2: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.