Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant's what's that? What's up?
Speaker 1: Everyone?
Speaker 2: I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with up. Yes, and it is like we're still on holiday. It's fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Hunh yes, I hope everyone. Well it's fourth of July still.
Speaker 2: Like a major thing. Yes, what are you talking about? Fireworks? Okay? All right, did you enjoy the fireworks? Okay, so it's fireworks. Yes, it's I always feel like Fourth of July. You have to eat ribs, ribs? Yeah really, I haven't had some good ribs in a minute. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, ribs on the barbecue, some nice little corn. Yes, you just got to cook out.
Speaker 1: Yes, cookout, nice little cookout, viobers hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Hopefully everyone enjoyed that. Do you eat crabs? This is the problem on the holiday. The crabs are always bad. Got so it's like a non holiday. Yeah? Yeah, so I didn't have any crabs?
Speaker 1: Okay, did you No? I don't like crabs anymore. Wow, what happened to so great?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They just they don't sit well, like like I'll eat them and then they.
Speaker 2: Just don't you don't know, and you're sitting on the toilet. No, I just don't feel great.
Speaker 1: I think it's they're so high in sodium and then you just get like super bloated. And yeah, it's just I don't know, I just don't really enjoy them anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just really crazy, you know. But yes, because you're.
Speaker 1: A Baltimore girl, Yeah, over for you pretty much. Do you have any good somebody asked that do we know any good restaurants in Baltimore?
Speaker 2: Oh, because they were coming. They're coming to so Natamara is coming for an extended period of time to work on the bridge. Oh yeah, so are there any good restaurants?
Speaker 1: There are actually a lot of Baltimore actually has a really great dining scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean there's one like that's like really expensive, the Charleston, which has been.
Speaker 2: Around for you, It has been around forever, and that restaurant is good, so good. A Zoomie is great for sushi. I love the sushi there. And that's like part of the Four Seasons. Yes, in that.
Speaker 1: Building, Yeah, right around the Four seasons. Gosh, there was a couple.
Speaker 2: I can't remember that these have Roy's back in the day. Gone, yeah, that would be my spots. Really, Oh my gosh, they knew me by name totally.
Speaker 1: I went to this Okay, go ahead, No, no, there's I wish I need to like look up the information. But there was a couple of like new restaurants that have been getting a lot of attention, and I can't remember them off the top of my head right now. Okay, but Baltimore always has some like really good just like small restaurants, you know, like these chefs that are just really good and they open these great restaurants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so totally, yeah, you're in good hands. Definitely, just just I would recommend anybody go on their like little top restaurants like sites, like they're.
Speaker 1: Pretty on point. Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so she should do that for sure.
Speaker 2: So fourth of July. Yeah, any like, you know, I one hundred years ago, I got married on the fourth of July. Oh and so that for whatever reason, that's stuck with me. I'm married and divorced five times over where I still like I think about your wedding. No, no, I don't think about it at all. But it's just like that's the biggest thing that's ever happened on the fourth of July for me. Okay, and that was in Hawaii or something. Yes, that was in Hawaii. I was in Maui. So I recommend people don't get married on a holiday, right, because then you're stuck with it. Yeah that's true. Yeah, So don't do that. Don't do what Justelle did. Yeah that's true. Yeah, I agree. Yeah, like just do it like a random day exact or one of those stupid like eleven eleven.
Speaker 1: But it makes it like easy for you to remember, you know, so like if you were still married.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I my memory is not that bad. Okay, I do have a very bad memory, but.
Speaker 1: A that dam you know, it's so crazy. I can remember, you know, one and I got married twice. I can't remember my the date of my first wedding July thirtieth, two thousand and five. I can't remember the date of my second wedding that was like the other day.
Speaker 2: You don't know the day, I can't, I don't. I think it was August twenty first. I'm not sure you got married two thousand five, do you know it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got married two thousand and two. I thought you got married before me. M M okay, all right, never mind. Yeah, And you have no idea when the second marriage happened. It was August August something, sixteenth or something. I think it was the twenty the twenty first or twenty third. You know why, I don't. You know why.
Speaker 1: It's harder to remember because it was it was a small wedding. It was just us, and so it's like I didn't have that date. You know, it's you know, when you're planning like a big wedding, that date is major and so true. With a small wedding, it was like, okay, well we just got to show up. It was on a Wednesday. I know that.
Speaker 2: So what do you all acknowledge?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Which one? Which one do you all like? An anniversary?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, you know what we actually would acknowledge, Well, the most recent one, the one in August that you don't know the date, so you can't acknowledge it because you don't even know when.
Speaker 2: This is terrible, this conversation. I need to figure it out.
Speaker 1: But no, you know what we would actually acknowledge. We would acknowledge the date that we like first started dating.
Speaker 2: When we became like official boyfriend, girl, what date is that? January thirtieth? Okay, so we call that your anniversary? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then I also remember the day we first had sex. Okay, I don't want to know that date.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just don't. This is too much. Do you remember Wan's birthday?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? Good? All right? You got way too many dates going on with you, right, so yeah, it make it makes it hard for you guys to have like Okay, we began the x X number of years, right, which one is it? Which date? Does not make it any sense to youre right? So I think we just count like from when we first started dating. And I.
Speaker 1: Know we had some breaks in the middle. Okay, that's fine. So how many years is that?
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 1: Twenty eight damn right? Yeah, it's a long time and we had I mean, I'm telling all our business, I could have four kids, y'all? Right now, okay, okay, going downhill, go down, grown ass adult right now, y'all? Yes?
Speaker 2: Thank god? Well, no, not, thank god. I don't know. I don't know what to say about this. I know, okay, these are miscarriages. Or you said I gotta get rid of one to beach. I got one to beach.
Speaker 1: Whoa, y'all know a whole lot about Robbin today.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, Okay, So I have an email to read. This is from Mariah Johnson bay uh huh Mariah. She's from Hyattsville, Maryland, and the subject is in all caps. She's yelling at us again. Yeah, it's a ton of exclamation points.
Speaker 2: Okay, gez.
Speaker 1: The subject is no more mini episodes.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy you're reading this because this episode is a mini So what's her name? Mariah? Mariah's so sad, too bad? Okay, she said, Hi, ladies.
Speaker 1: I'm such a huge fan of rhop and even more bigger fan of the podcast, so much that I listen to it every Monday on my way to work while I'm stuck in traffic. Okay, this podcast always gives me something to look forward to on my way to work. So I was a little disappointed when the episode was so short. With that being said, we don't need shorter episodes. Not being shady, just reasonable, Robin. Rhop will never be the same without you. Love you both, Mariah from Hyanzelle. So yeah, I read that email because Mariah, hate to break it to you, this is a mini this is because Mariah, sometimes we do things called vacations.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we don't want to leave y'all with nothing.
Speaker 1: So because we love y'all, we were here, we in the trenches, right, but yeah, this is this is a holiday weekend, so we're going to.
Speaker 2: Allow you all to enjoy a holiday as we enjoyed it as well.
Speaker 1: Recover from your holiday and you're traveling. Yes, whatever it might be, but don't get mad at us because it's a short one. But we wanted so tell me this, Mariah and everyone else. Would you rather us not to have a new episode or to have a mini episodes? Yeah, you know, because we want to. We don't want to leave you hanging with nothing. I think she's gonna say, fine, have a mini make it longer. She's like, y'all are there, y'all are talking, Just talk longer.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, but you know we're we're we're work. We're doing a lot here, doing a lot here. Yes, So so Meeka Fears and Meeka Fears I think asks us, ask us a lot of questions. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: She's like probably commented on Instagram. She's like follows us on Instagram and stuff like that I've definitely seen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mika, she says, what do you look forward to after the girls go to college? I look forward to it's it's actually starting to like sit in or sink in with me, So I think I'm going to I look forward to like being free, meaning like because the girls left a couple of weekends ago to go they went to Atlanta for Father's Day and it was just like it was all about me and it was all about like what I wanted to do today, right, So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm totally gonna miss them, but I look forward to just like figuring out what I want to do, right, not having to schedule your life around there, Right, Yeah, I look forward to that all right. So Bridget Halafa said, other than each other, who do you love filming with? Oh? So we can talk about right jo Pee Like I love filming with obviously Robin, but like Ashley As she's always like fun, like you never know what you're gonna get. She's always like perky, She's always got something to say. She always has an opinion. Like it's terrible when you're feeling with somebody and they don't have an opinion. Yeah, right, like it's tough. Yeah, yeah, or they don't want to Yeah. I experienced that recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so did I Yeah, like last week. So I'm just like, you got to have your own opinion.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, why are you even doing reality television because you're here to give your opinion exactly. Yeah. I remember when we first started and one of our producers was like, uh she she asked if something had happened in the scene, and she was like, well, just so you didn't give your opinion. I said, I don't have one. I don't give a shit. And she was like, you're here to give your opinion, right, And I was like, oh, yes, okay, fine, you're going to have one soon. Let me just think about it. But yeah, no, She's right, like, you can't just be on a show in front of the camera and just not give your opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that and that, honestly was probably that is one of the toughest parts about being on my show, like housewives, Yeah, because typically I really don't care what's going on in people's lives, you know. I mean I might, I might observe, and I might have an opinion, but I really don't care who's who, and you know, I.
Speaker 2: Want to talk about it. I want to be you know who who's broke or who's that. You know, I don't know. I typically don't care, but I understood that being on.
Speaker 1: When you sign up to be on a television show that is you know, about what's going on in people's lives, you have to care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to give your opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and actually always has an opinion no matter what. So yeah, she would be one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it does kind of suck when people want to err on the side of caution because they don't want to ruffle any feathers, they don't want to get criticized by the fans, or they don't want to upset someone, and it's like that's not fair because you're over here playing it's safe while other people are really trying to like, you know, do their jobs and carry the load of you know, talking about what's going on and pushing story you know, forward, keeping stuff moving. And when other people can just sit there and be like, oh, I'm just not going to say anything, it's like.
Speaker 2: Well, why are you here? Why are you here? You gotta listen, you gotta rise to the occasion, I actually loved and just because like she's a good key key I love filming a Porsche when we did Girls Trip because Porscha's are always going to have an opinion. She's typically extremely funny, and you know, it's it's just nice when you don't have to worry about like what's gonna happen in the scene. You're just like they're enjoying the ride. Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure. Yeah yeah, well that's that. That's that on that and then this Becky Becky Becca ae Becca yee. She said, look, y'all gotta work on y'all's handles. These Instagram names are hilarious. Listen. Yeah, she said, what is a Reality to TV moment you wish you could witness for the first time again? Oh so like okay again, So that would be something that we dealt with, well, no, like because we witness like I'm taking it all the way back to like Whitney and Bobby. Oh yeah, whenever every episode I'd be like, this is funny ship. I'd be like, oh my gosh, right, yeah, so, oh you know what, I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: Reality TV before social media and Twitter was out of control, was great.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: It's so different now, it's so different because everyone is just so afraid of being dragged by dragged on social media. But I mean, I just think about You could think about the first season of like any show, Real Housewives of Atlanta that was epic, classic, great TV. The first season of Basketball Wives, great classic TV. You know, you just think about all these shows in their very first seasons. They were just so much. It was they were just raw and people just like really for the most part, being their authentic selves. And now I just feel like everyone is a character for.
Speaker 2: The most Yea. Even when we were our first season, when we were at Old Anglers in I think it was like our season finale, Oh yeah, and Karen was like going off on Ashley and it was just like this was some funny ship.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Those were some great moments, y'all. If you haven't seen it, y'all, shoul google it. It's like, yeah, one of the last episodes of season one of RHOP and Katie was acting crazy. You were acting crazy. I'm dying laughing, Karen is and Karen had like a read that she had rehearsed over and over again in the mirror, and she was so excited to come and tell you Ashley like it was. It was amazing, something about pro pro creating. I was like, what is she saying? I don't remember Shares being there though she was there.
Speaker 1: She was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, it was. It was classic. So yeah, you're right, like the first seasons is just like good stuff, first.
Speaker 1: Handful of seasons and then it just you know, I don't know it goesople were just like a shell of themselves.
Speaker 2: I was It's funny.
Speaker 1: I was speak into a Roney person, an older Roney person of New York. Yeah, House of New York, and they were talking about how, you know, on their show years ago, like they never did their makeup to show up to film.
Speaker 2: You know, they just right, we saw it.
Speaker 1: But I appreciated that actually when I would watch them, like I'm like, okay, I'm really watching these women in their natural habitat. But and she kind of was like lamenting, how now it's like, you know, they got it. They wear makeup all the time and stuff like that, and so even that type of stuff I appreciated. Just people really you really see people in their raw form, yes, and now we're just all like beauty queens. So and.
Speaker 2: I'm horrible. But there's another show. It's actually I don't think going to be on anymore. And the girls on there without their makeup looks crazy, and I call. I talked to somebody at their production company, and I said, look, do me a favor, like, tell them to put some makeup on, Like it's just I don't want to watch it, like y'all look a mask. But see, I appreciated the Old House. Give me a mix, Give me a mix of glam with raw, yeah yeah, yes, don't just get me raw the whole episode like new Yeah right.
Speaker 1: It's like Ronnie that they could be in their house in their bedroom with no makeup on. Now, if someone is filming a scene in their house in their bedroom, they have a full on beat, and it's just like, that's not it's not realistic, you know, So I just missed that, you know, just reality TV. Oh you know what clip actually really makes me laugh. It's a Kardashian one Old Kardashians who Chloe living in an apartment. Kim rolled up in the apartment and start hitting her with her handbag, yes, and kept missing. Oh my gosh, that thing is hilarious.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Yeah, that was that was before all of their bottoc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like one of the first seasons, and it was so hilarious because it was like, you know, anyone that has siblings like you, you know that, like you know that feeling, Yeah, been there, you hit your sibling with all types of stuff, and she just started hitting her with her bag.
Speaker 2: That was fun me. What else? What also is funny is the fact that this episode is over and we gotta get out of here. This is sorry, Maria, Mariah ate Minnie honey, because it is a fourth of July weekend and we want y'all to enjoy it, and we're gonna see y'all next week. Don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or both By