Speaker 1: Yo, I kind of got my voice back to day What's Up? You're off in God's Country with.
Speaker 2: Reid and dan Is bull Coughing read.
Speaker 1: Also known as the Brothers Hunt, where we take a weekly drive to the intersection of country music and the great outdoors, two things that go together, like Honky Talk in Hollywood or the nephel One and You Lately. Genesis six brought to you by Meat Eater and hit It, Hit it right.
Speaker 2: I got a versus Tom. You got one? Yeah, you get the first one. I'll do the second. You do the course.
Speaker 1: Here we go Hay to Kova sponsorman to show our baby, to Cab sponserman to Shine.
Speaker 3: Baby, Letty's Boot's gonna bring home back to your cowboy roots.
Speaker 1: He ain't have a good time and a bad pair of bootball.
Speaker 2: Cover Sponsorman, Shine Bad.
Speaker 1: Spotsman, a shot Baby, faded out, Ray fade out, Fade out. Dude. There ain't another high sponsor song like that one out there that sounds and it was an accident. It was an accident. It was amazing yep. Accidentally genius, dude, Hey, genus accidental Genius's pretty good, pretty good.
Speaker 2: John party Man is a party He is a wild man, he's wild.
Speaker 1: Man, he's so he's funny but yet like dry yeah dry, but but was dude, he almost cried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was I almost cried and it came out of nowhere. I didn't because I got the coves on. I'm tough now.
Speaker 1: I've seen you cry way more than I have ever cried. Man, we uh a lot of things, talked about a lot of things. He's got a new record out honky Tonk Hollywood. Gives a little gives a little snippet of it for us for that's his favorite. But man, what a cool dude, what a great interview. It flew by it. We could have done it for hours.
Speaker 3: Takes a hard stance on cutting outside songs, and I appreciate that, no day, no doubt. Not a bow guy, not a bow guy, but kind of a boy, but has a bow thing. Grew up in northern Hollywood, Uh, I mean sorry, northern California.
Speaker 2: Fishing out there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man loves the steak, kind of an advocate for the steak. Got fluffy cows, Yeah yeah, get it up. The percentage up, y'all get the percentage of Hey, thanks for following us, Thanks for subscribing to the YouTube. Thanks for subscribing to the TikTok and following along on the Instagram. Uh dude, the numbers are getting up there, numbers are getting up numbers. We got some star ratings coming in, some listeners. We gotta, we gotta, We got a roast, bro.
Speaker 3: This is by far the greatest idea we've ever not had. That jumps head for us to do is just about all the roasters in the ratings and it's really working.
Speaker 2: So we appreciate it. Give it to me. Keep bringing them. This one comes from Scottie Joe one four.
Speaker 1: Five, Gotta Joe, Dan and Red Hunt question Mark? What's up with the question marks and the title titles these days? The brothers Hunt seriously as clever as y'all are. This is what he came up with. That name is softer than leftover pizza. Makes you sound like you eat corn and the cop the long Way and wash it down with Seltzer beer's. I like a seltzer what's wrong with the corn the long one? What's wrong with the Seltzer beer? I don't even know what seltzer beer is, you know, like Truly's or whatever. I'll drink them on the beach.
Speaker 3: But honestly, I kind of haven't had one in a couple of years now, and I probably the sugar crushes me Sugar Proca. In all seriousness, you guys are the best by fault is my favorite podcast right now.
Speaker 1: Scottie Joe, thank Man, Thank you pro there he is. Give me a cat me out, give me a car squealing out of Walmart.
Speaker 2: Got some word labeled, We got some word to do, try and stuff. Gim me the next one. One more. Okay, we've already been a zipper zipping.
Speaker 3: Limited. We are limited. We'll work on those, y'all. Hey, thanks for leaving us reviews. Thanks for subscribing. Thanks for all the stuff. We love interacting with you. It helps the algorithm or whatever that is. So thanks spell algorithm a l g r h y t h y M algorithm algorithm.
Speaker 2: You forgot the O alga or is it a? I forgot a lot of stuff, Wrap it up?
Speaker 1: Thanks uh enjoy John party Peace. We got a double Girl Dadding Grand Old op remembering Heavy Machinery operating six number one like head over boots, dirt on my boots last night, Lonely c m A and a CM award winning We got mister Saturday Night himself John Party out in God's Country today.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you you like how I had to tag my own song in there, dude, I just had to Yeah, and I had to put miss Saturday Night.
Speaker 2: They call you mister Saturday Night now as you may call you that they did.
Speaker 4: They're call me talk Hollywood now, thing right, promo and my guys that he's in here, promo, just dropping them all day.
Speaker 2: Let's go. This is coming out for one thing.
Speaker 1: This is coming out after. Okay, Okay, that's what I'm talking about, and it's coming out after.
Speaker 2: That's all right. You've already been listening.
Speaker 4: To it, that's all I Yeah, you're already spending it. Already spent it. Hey, thanks for hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, glad to be here. Yeah yeah, rocking the cowboy hat.
Speaker 3: The got the actual cowboy I always sound like you gotta. If you're gonna wear a cowboy hat, you have to do like cowboy stuff.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like you do that, right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've done a lot more than I have now. But I've been I've been a girl dad. But man, I've got cows of the cows, That's what I'm saying, anybody you.
Speaker 2: Have cows of the house, they're for sale for real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just pasture ornaments. And I don't have time for nothing. I barely have time to do this. Fluffy cows.
Speaker 2: Sorry, fluffy cow man, I'm a fluffy cat. Fluffy cow. Yeah, man, those things are expensive. Those things are expensive to look at.
Speaker 4: And they've got the mini ones now and they're like freaking eight thousands of calf.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: He's a calf, yeah, or like the little baby that comes out and the girls go crazy and.
Speaker 2: Then with the bottle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mine aren't that. They're like the summer won't even go into pasture.
Speaker 2: They're so big. Oh, I got you. They're like miniature wooly manos.
Speaker 1: Do y'all sell like like do y'all do like ticket like like gate charges to get in and pedal and stuff?
Speaker 2: You should? Hell no they spring hill or do you gotta deal with Amazon? Enough? Down in Thoms, the station where we're at, they got some uh are they highlands? Is that what they They've got some?
Speaker 1: Uh they got some damn highland farms down there that that like they'll bring school buses a kids.
Speaker 2: They're real gentle.
Speaker 4: That's why I got them, Like they're they're real, like easy going.
Speaker 2: They just like to be fed.
Speaker 4: You have to shavel yep, like in the summery tough, but I was impressed with them. They've been through the brutal heat and the brutal cold. Yeah, and they're just still hungry. Them still just moaning, moaning machines.
Speaker 2: Never have to bush all the pasture.
Speaker 4: Never When I got the goats man, the goats clear defense line, so fence works easy. And they're they're good. The goats get out. I saw them this morning. They're out in the neighbors, but they come back in.
Speaker 2: So how do you, uh, what do you?
Speaker 3: I said this yesterday Actually we were we were talking about the difference between being country boy and farm boy, Like we're we're country guys, but we're not farm guys. That's two totally different things, you know, So how do you like, what's the point of a goat? Honestly, like, why do people have goats?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: You can milk them, which I don't you everybody's like milk the.
Speaker 3: Goat cheese. I guess do you have to milk? Do they have to be milked or is it just kind of like.
Speaker 2: They can I mean you could do.
Speaker 4: This is where I'm not a goat mastery okay, okay, but I know you can milk them and you know, and for the most part, like they're for they're for munching, they're for clearing land.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 4: Some cultures like to eat them. They love goat, little goat chop little yeah, I mean I little goat chop, poor goat goat loin.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I will say the goats have been great for for clearing fences. They are fabulous at that. I mean, if you got an ivy growing around your fence and it's a pain, like especially if it's like this, how get goats.
Speaker 2: As far as they can reach?
Speaker 4: I think they stand up on their back legs and then I mean it's they're cool animals. I mean they if you want to be all natural and never mow your glass grass and you want to save the world, to get you some goats.
Speaker 1: Was it always a did you always want like farm animals? Did you always does that always been a dreamy yours?
Speaker 4: I mean, I really want to get horses and it's just a full time job, and like I don't have anybody to you know, tend to the horses, Like, what am I going to do?
Speaker 2: Just be a horse guy? Yeah? Like that you kind of look like you could.
Speaker 4: Yeah I could do it. But you know, anybody that I know it's got horses and stuff, just come ride in mind, don't you know? Don't go down that path like yeah, it's it's yeah. I wouldn't be able to do it. Yeah, I'd just be waste the money. I'm going to Australia in like five days, and what are the horses gonna do?
Speaker 2: Then? What are they gonna do for twelve days? Who's gonna talk to the goats them? I know?
Speaker 3: Man, my wife wants every animal in the world, dude, And like we've got a spot where we could have some horses or cows or whatever. She's like, why don't we just get a few? And I'm like, man, because I know what that turns into. I know what it does. I mean, we had chickens, I got a dog. I mean even having a dog, it's like somebody's gotta fad it, somebody's got to water, somebody's gotta take it down, somebody's got to run it.
Speaker 2: Somebody's got it.
Speaker 3: And like you do that times thirty, you know, and just like you said your goats are out, well, well.
Speaker 2: They come back.
Speaker 4: The goats in the Highland though, that's why I got them. They're chill like they don't easy to take care of the once say easy, but like they're pretty like mellow like cows get out every now and then.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of fun. It's like but you know, that's always exciting.
Speaker 3: But year it's just like cows are like, okay, well.
Speaker 4: They're not like they got big ass horns. Man, that the old god they they you didn't put test balls on any and them they will go right to your back if you want.
Speaker 2: How many heads of highland you got?
Speaker 4: Oh? Man, the big old number five? I tell you, well, the guys are pre for He's got a bunch of cows on He said, how many cows you got? John said five?
Speaker 2: He goes, boy, that's my dream number. Just have five cows on this. But but could you imagine only have five cows somewhere? Yeah? Und you sit there for sale?
Speaker 3: Though, like right now you sell them, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'd like to sell all of them for five. I'd like to get all of them together. See they're hurt animals, and they that they've been they've been like, yeah, they're gang, that's right.
Speaker 2: Gang.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you can split them up, but I guess they've just gone full Disney since that girls, And be.
Speaker 2: Like, for sure, I definitely did. When I had my girl.
Speaker 3: It changed a lot of stuff for me, dude, a lot. I got a five months five, you got yours is younger. Yours are younger, both of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mons two and seven months, Yes, right, I knew, I gotta. I gotta my little girls about to turn three. And my little boil turned two.
Speaker 4: And Pressley and she loves feeding the goats. And the goats we like anything you cook, salad and all that vegety veggies and stuff, all the stuff like the tops of strawberries, tops of carrots, you know, all that moldy like they'll eat it. Throw it in there. Man, I mean, they're they're tanks, so it's cool press.
Speaker 2: To go feeding.
Speaker 4: They feed the animals and that that's the best part of no doubt, you know that.
Speaker 2: I mean, got no.
Speaker 4: Cattle organization from around here, working cattle ranch.
Speaker 2: I gotta go to her man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no time for anything else, No, especially if you want to be like a halfway decent dad, or a halfway decent husband that paired with what you do?
Speaker 1: I mean, I said all the time. Meanwhile, yet an entertainer going to Australia. I don't think y'all get paid enough.
Speaker 3: And I know y'all get paid, but like I mean, after watching Luke going with Luke for a year at the end of it, I was like, man, you're missing like a lot of stuff back home.
Speaker 2: Man, Like, I don't know that y'all get paid enough. Do you think you do?
Speaker 4: I think we pay people too much artists. I think that's the biggest problem is the touring percentages.
Speaker 2: So you'd like to get paid less. I'd like to pay people less. How are you paying people though?
Speaker 4: Let's start with bus companies. Let's start Let's start with yes, I get the rental gear. Let's start with Pyro. Let's start with you know, the screens, and then yeah, basically, you know, you look at your percentage at the end of the year and you're pulling in eleven percent, Holy show, twelve percent, and then you got to save that you got banned on salary. Yeah, you're talking about the people you have to pay.
Speaker 2: I get that. No, that's that. I get that.
Speaker 4: You know I'd like to be around thirty percent. And that's sure not even feasible right now.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's crazy. Wow, that's uhs.
Speaker 4: But it's I mean, I make a good living, but it's not like you know, I you know, I don't got jet or anything. Yeah, but you know, but the tax right off, we can get we can get a PJA every now and then it's all the time. Yeah, but you just got to be smart. And but it's you know, and then hell, the government takes half. I mean, whatever net you get, just chopping in shot, that's right, that's right, and just put half.
Speaker 2: Right, just start there and then you'll see it go so quick.
Speaker 3: I think that's that's that's good to talk about because that I mean, even as a I mean, we're in the industry, right and I didn't even I didn't think it was that low. I mean I knew it was low because there's so much overhead truck buses.
Speaker 2: Paid people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the bigger it's it's honestly like the bigger you get, the more people you gotta pay, so you never really unless you just get to make a superstar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't.
Speaker 4: Know that I there's ways around it in the Nashville way. And then but my boy Cody Johnson, Man, I see him and he's still got like a banner. He says, two Knights of Bridstone, just a banner behind him. Yeah, and people still say it's like best comfter ever saw.
Speaker 2: We got like Pyro life and stuff. Cody's out there just a Kojo banner killing it. I was like, dad, dude saving money right there. Wait, so no, he don't does he do a screen or anything.
Speaker 4: He had a screen, but it wasn't it wasn't like a huge production. Yeah, and I mean he's such a I mean he's such a talker and like commanding and yeah, so I always but that's what I think of, Like, you know, I see artists and you'll see you know, all the production. Like then you go see Morgan. He's got like twenty five foot flames coming out to the audience and like fifty semi trucks and then like that's a lot a bunch of but he's like, you know, undertail swift is the top to uh entertain their grosses, you know as a big number. So there's there. I study everybody. That's that's what I want to say when you get the percentage up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do need to get the percentage of that.
Speaker 4: That's you know, I just want I don't ever want, you know, to be I'm not complaining and everything. I love what I do and and I don't want, you know, when I talk about it, you just try to get the people.
Speaker 2: Down that you're paying all the time, like all this.
Speaker 4: Rental stuff, the rental stuff, and you know, and I don't have a lot of high ticket prices, but damn you even some of the scalp whers you.
Speaker 2: See them, like just yeah, you know I'm getting scalped all right, look at what you're.
Speaker 3: Hey, sorry, Ray, I don't know if I ever checked this, but you gotta sounded good already.
Speaker 2: What you're mad at? Just tell us what it is.
Speaker 1: What you're mad at is that you're in the lost kids, might be a boss man.
Speaker 2: Or your neighbor's cat. Just tell us what you mad A little diddy for you.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, good one today, Pretty good one today. Uh, we know what John's mad at. John's mad at not from that, Matt.
Speaker 2: I'm just you know, it's just the goal. I like it.
Speaker 3: I like I would be mad at that for sure. If it was only eleven percent. I'd be real.
Speaker 2: Mad at that. If you get any more artists, you should ask him. I will. Yeah, that's interesting, and we might have got up to it.
Speaker 4: Might have been eighteen percent last year, which is good. But eleven was working to thirty, working at thirty, working at thirty. It's a good goal. Everybody's for any company. Yeah, for any company. Everybody's trying to get in the pocket. Dude, everybody's trying to get the part.
Speaker 3: I get mad about that too, even Taco Bells trying to get in the pocket.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, let me go first, talk about gone up. I know we talked about it yesterday.
Speaker 3: Du that yesterday and he was like, what, I don't really know that it happened.
Speaker 2: I still pain. I don't care.
Speaker 1: If a Gordia crunch with fifteen dollars, I'd probably steal buy two of them.
Speaker 2: They're that good. What's your Taco bel What what you go to at Taco Bell?
Speaker 4: I like their little being cheese Britos, this little extra red sauce.
Speaker 3: It's more like just light but like protein solid. It's a solid and not the most expensive thing on the menu either.
Speaker 2: You know, let me go first, one mad I go, this is a weird one. Yeah, mine's weird too. It's weird.
Speaker 1: Do y'all like enjoy sneezing? Yeah, I haven't sneezed. And I've had this gunk for about four days now, and I haven't sneezed one time. And I feel like, if I could just sneeze one, it's almost happened to bunch where you're right there and it doesn't happen. I feel like if I could just sneeze one time, it would clear.
Speaker 2: It all out. So you're mad at not sneeze.
Speaker 3: Yep, Okay, I'm mad that I haven't sneezed. I'm mad weird one. I'm mad at the time. How fast the time goes between seven o five am and seven thirty five am. Okay, from six thirty to seven o five it feels like thirty five minutes, you know. But from six o five, but from seven to five when I'm cooking eggs for Eliza, and I'm like, we gotta we have to leave our house at seven thirty five to get to school on time. Dude, that goes by in like thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: I looked at it. No, it goes by in thirty minutes. But it just fine. I looked at the freaking clock on the oven today and I was like, oh, seven twenty, I got fifteen minutes, flift an egg, look back seven thirty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kids' kids, it's just kids, kids, man, kids are crazy, dude.
Speaker 2: Two girls, that is probably a lot. Yeah no, but they're due to cute, cute little girls. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Pay It helps when they're cute, for sure. Yeah, No, it's I was hanging out with Cena this morning to twenty am to twenty poopy, dapper and summer sick right now. She's got the flu, real bad man. And I slept in the different room and I was in charge of the monitors, so I got up.
Speaker 2: I was wondering why she's rolling around. Then I smelled it and I knew going in. I'll second that I was. I slept in the separate room last night as well. I was up all night, but it was just me coughing. I will.
Speaker 1: I think a tour of like I don't know if we can say this, but a very uh something that would work in a torture chamber is taking my son's dirty bag of like dip propelled dippers and just making somebody smell that that'd get some information out real fast.
Speaker 2: That is the worst.
Speaker 1: I almost throw up even walking by his room, even when the thing is closed and working.
Speaker 2: It is the worst smell on the face.
Speaker 3: They call it genies called I never works. Mine was like I don't maybe I should do it or something. You got one of those where you step on the thing and it opens up and you throw the doppers and your close and it sucks it down.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, don't work. No, here's working. Yeah, it works.
Speaker 3: I'm always reconstructed mon all the time, probably because we got.
Speaker 2: A marketplace or something.
Speaker 4: I love marketplace. Same, so we keep we keep buying new ones. Yeah, like there's they're always like every year like this model, this model, is this model better than the last year model?
Speaker 2: It take the smell away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's one networks real good. So we got new ones and it's it's been You just gotta you gotta got a maintenance maintenance any like a pit crew on those things.
Speaker 2: We just hire somebody, bro.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I mean, especially with two in doppers. I mean it's just like that's something I can be mad at too. You throw one dipper in there, and then the second you throw another one in there, and there's forty in there. There's never like three in there. It's either it's empty or there's five hundred in there.
Speaker 2: And no doubt northern California. Yeah, where what part outside Sacramento? All right?
Speaker 4: Pretty country up there, though, isn't it? Backside of Napa? Real close to Napa about like our fifteen minutes from Napa.
Speaker 2: You missed it or no?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I missed the weather, especially right now when it's cold and and a lot of my family missed my family out there, I missed my friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I miss I meant it.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a beautiful place that not a lot of people know about. They think La, they think problems when they hear California, you know, and it's it's really not like that where I'm from, and it's California in general, really not like what the public thinks really of California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's only place I've ever been out there in LA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can't judge La, you can't. There's so much more to California than La.
Speaker 2: It mean's it's it's like a huge, huge.
Speaker 4: Agriculture state, like number one. Yeah, I know the stats are this year or last year. But it's like worldwide agriculture.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: We went up to uh we went out to Monterey Peninsula and I got to play Pebble Beach and that stuff at that. And we went to Maui on our honeymoon, and I feel like Maloi is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. But I felt like northern California around that area that we were was the closest thing to Maui I've seen. It was gorgeous due Yeah, pebl Beach, like Carmel and all that, and man, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's like two or three hours from from south. Yeah, the three hour radius of California. It's so crazy how fast it can change. Like you go three hours or four hours where I'm from, you be in the big ass Redwoods, like just keep going up noise.
Speaker 2: Which is almost like unfathomable how big those trees are. Yeah. No, California is a magical.
Speaker 4: Environmental state, like the just the landscaping from the desert down south to like Elk way up north.
Speaker 2: Like on the Washington border.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oregon border. Sorry, yeah, I know my geology really will we don't, but yeah, Oregon and it's it's it's pretty. It's pretty cool. I say, you always got to go at least see Napa and you'll see the mountains around there, and you'll that's where I grew up. That's what it looked like growing up in farms, farms everywhere.
Speaker 3: Just when I see you elkhom are you elkhot in California? Or is it always one no ilka.
Speaker 4: I don't know the elk California, but they are there. But I like go to Montana, went to New Mexico, Colorado, like all the western look, there's still West coast states.
Speaker 2: I love this stuff. Yeah, did you did you grow up hunting like northern California.
Speaker 4: You grew up on eight thousand acres. We had a lease since I was twelve that we.
Speaker 2: Still yeah, no, it's it's it's still we got a back. We lost it. We got a back.
Speaker 4: It's on Lake Berryessa Gun Ranch. Shout out to Gun Ranch up there, a beautiful place.
Speaker 2: You're getting into mule deer, blacktails. They got black tail and it's still scarce.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you see a nice buck on the gun ranch, it's not gonna last all, especially deer in deer season. Oh yeah, about a lot of mountain lions, A lot of mountain lions. Lot, there's mountain lions, coyotes, there's a lot of predators out there and you can't do nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Then they don't have a mountain season or anything.
Speaker 4: Hell no, they got human beings going to jail. Really if you kill mountain lions, and they're very protected and they're I meant and everything, they're killing everything that'll smash.
Speaker 2: I heard so fast. They're killing all a lot of lions.
Speaker 4: But I mean they're they're beautiful cats, and I get it, but damn.
Speaker 2: There needs to be some maintenance, you know. I feel like, you know, it's.
Speaker 4: A good way to describe California state. They could use little maintenance.
Speaker 2: The south to the north. How does do you do anything? Do you do any hunting around here? You hunt on your place?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't shot anything. I just like to feed them. I just put the feeders up. I don't care feed the whatever the chronic wasting is EC it's not really around here. So yeah, it's that's a good thing because their feeders are like, they're like.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I checked the map and I just like to see him. I mean, I've seen one nice one, but every time it's time to go hunting, here I'm on the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have no time. It's always fall, yeah, September.
Speaker 4: And I don't really bow hunt. I'm just straight to the point, knock them down, put him.
Speaker 2: In the freezer, businessman. Man.
Speaker 4: But I did hear a funny joke. I was at the Turkey thing, it was just last week, and some guys, you know you bow hunt. I was like, nah, I don't bow hunt still at the time, and I've seen too.
Speaker 2: Many elk and deer with an arrow in their shoulder.
Speaker 4: And I get it. I get the bow hunt. I got the thrill of it. Twenty yards drawing back, hearts pounding, like you know.
Speaker 2: All natural. Me and party are connecting right now. This is me. This is exactly how it is. Gor way down with a bow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the recovery for sure, And yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: Totally get it.
Speaker 4: That's cool, man. You want to sit in a tree all day, It's awesome. I'd rather be hiking see him from my weight. Let's go five hundred yards the tur it up, knock him down, Yeah, three hundred wind mag all day.
Speaker 2: The vortext On top.
Speaker 4: No, I got Ararski sports from one that's got a quick dial, so you can set to like a red yellow, green like a boat, you know, or a green, yellow, red red's going hot. But uh, back to this joke, He's like, man, I got this bow hunter. He s like, man, I had a b I got a buddy. He don't bowhunt either, And when somebody asked him if he's got a bow, he goes, yeah, I got a.
Speaker 2: Bow a wym And I thought that was the best. That was shoulder riding. Damn shoulder. So all my my rifle hunters out there, they go that one, you take it? I got. I thought that was pretty damn good. Good doing. At n w t F. I was my hunting break guys.
Speaker 4: I've been going to hunting break down Louisiana for ten years. And Drew and they had a little after party at Riley's place. I went to say hi to everybody and just hung out and some guy told me that joke. And I'll never forget that one.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: That's what are you doing, honeybreak you duck hunting everything, everything, everything.
Speaker 2: I've heard a lot. I've heard a lot of good things about that place.
Speaker 4: Man, yeah, No, duck huntings phenomenal, and they so I think they're kind of they're they're branching down the other hunt. We I've been going down there and just buddy, we go anything right around shot pigs. I mean, there's never ending varments Louisiana, right, yeah, Louisian everything. I mean, everybody's what's your favorite place hunt? Louisiana got everything.
Speaker 1: Even fishing, right, fish, Yeah, you got great, you got great, larger, you got great bass fishing, you got great like fresh water, brackish fishing, salt the red fish, and yeah, specle trout and all that.
Speaker 2: Man and alligators.
Speaker 4: Don We've been down there at alligate hunting and that's a lot of fun on the john boats.
Speaker 1: And give me a sketchy alligator.
Speaker 4: I got on eleven foot and that was big, and they're like that was a medium plus kind of getter, Like thirteen feet was one of the biggest ones they got. And you're down there with I just had a seventeen horning. I just reach out and just kind of popping in between the eyes. But let me tell you, when they're baited and that big eleven foot, they spin so their tails. I mean it's like a tornado thrower barrel and like you're pulling up on a it ain't that big a boat, like it's a john boat, like standing up Washington, don't ye, don't let him get away, just spinning. But they just gotta you gotta let he knows you're coming. He just let him calm down. You gotta wait, let him do his thing, and then it.
Speaker 2: Just start floating really and then that's when you the good. They're good eating man. I love eating.
Speaker 4: Well down Louisiana. They uh.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's a lot of alligators there.
Speaker 4: There have to forget what I don't know what the specific term is when they have eggs and stuff. There's like fifteen gaters and a baby bunchats, so it's it's a it's a great place to to go duck hunting and and just kind of experienced Louisiana. They called the Honey Break Experience. Drew paid me to come talk about and wear this. I'm just playing, you know, Drew. Yeah, Yeah, they made me an honorary guide one day and still made me pay for this best businessman.
Speaker 2: For the pro shot. Yeah, you're a percentage to that.
Speaker 4: I got to drop people off. Their kids came in. It was like a dream hunt deal and got to drop them off the deer stand.
Speaker 2: All right, that's all just fun.
Speaker 4: They killed some big deer. I've seen all the monsters. B they just got the record this year. Last year it was Tyler Jordan from That's right.
Speaker 2: How big was that?
Speaker 4: The two o three I think? And it was like all natural.
Speaker 2: With a bow. It was a wham boat. Yeah, I got a bowl, I got a bow. That's gonna be.
Speaker 4: You're gonna just wait, You're gonna wait your turn to tell a joke. You just taking me talking to give it to them fast talking about all the bow hunting and all this stuff. I'm monster bow hunter and I will say bow hunters do they they do get the prime pick of the seasons, like especially elk cutting, and they'll come and drop some monsters.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah out Wes for sure. Yeah. But them drop dropped from a long way away. I asked.
Speaker 1: I asked this on this podcast sometimes, Like I know you're a big construction guy.
Speaker 2: You love machinery guy, I love working on your farm.
Speaker 1: If you had one more day day to do anything to elk cunt, to work on your farm, to to play a show, you just had one more day to do one thing.
Speaker 2: What would it be?
Speaker 4: That's like some Aladdin stuff? Man, what you mean Aladdin stuff?
Speaker 2: Three wishes and stuff? Yeah, but one wish?
Speaker 4: Well, I know that's what I'm said the gene for I watch. I just watched The Laddin with Presley Mine. Don't get into it, really, I can't. We tried, like I tried to get them. We're watching Lamb Before Time right now.
Speaker 1: They love yeah, and I try to get them to watch those movies that Lamb Before Time.
Speaker 3: Got some scary stuff in it. I didn't know when the bro the t recently got one eye.
Speaker 1: Know it's red too, no I know, but the other eye is gone and they even black it out like in real life.
Speaker 2: Dude, one more day.
Speaker 4: I you know, if I had one more day, I'd like to to bring my grandmother back right now and just bring her to a show like she She.
Speaker 2: Died when I was.
Speaker 4: Eighteen, and you know, she never got to see this, and she really got me into country music.
Speaker 2: So wow, man, uh.
Speaker 4: See the grand a Opry and see all stuff I'm doing. It would just blow her mind and she would love it.
Speaker 2: Where does she live? And she grew up?
Speaker 4: She was born in Newfoundland, Canada, and then met I shoot.
Speaker 2: My mom's mom.
Speaker 4: I never really knew him that well, but he was on an air Force base in Canada and they met there, and then they moved in northern California.
Speaker 2: And that's where yours go from.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Grandma is bro. You can't. I can't talk about them her all. Yeah.
Speaker 4: She was a smoker. She died it I think she was six and she died.
Speaker 2: But she had the.
Speaker 4: Poles Paul, Oh yeah, I mean, but that's this way it was back in the day. I mean, smoking was good for you back in nineteen fifty one.
Speaker 2: Smoked inside, man, she was smoking side ouse, not when we were there.
Speaker 1: No, she wouldn't when we were She was to daddy. She wasn't Marbo lights and the coca cola. Yeah, I feel that she'd be out on the portion.
Speaker 4: So it's funny. It's like, you know, guys from the South and stuff. It's the same thing out west.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: All Grandma smoked cigarettes, drained coc cola, and cooked the main batch of gravy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: She wasn't much of a cooker, but she buttered toast. I remember she loved her white toast.
Speaker 2: But how does she get you into country music?
Speaker 4: We had been singing. She was a love country music. I mean, that's just how it was we grew up. I couldn't remember a day growing up we didn't have a country music on the radio, and she loved to sing.
Speaker 1: Were you listening were you listening to start to catch up? Were you listening to like mainstream country? You listened to like Bakersfield.
Speaker 2: No, we're listening to mainstream country.
Speaker 4: That mainstream mainstream country in nineteen eighty seven was pretty damn good. That was Randy Travis Jr. Dwight was just coming out of course, George Straight and you get in to the nineties. She loved Brooks and she loved all the good stuff Brooks and I still got her cassette tapes and there was like Joe Diffy Brooks and Dune Jackson, Travis Tripp.
Speaker 2: I mean, all that stuff.
Speaker 4: If you grew up a nineties kid listening to a country music radio, yeah, and then I think that's why there's a lot of artists and our generations that are really great songwriters.
Speaker 2: I mean that was not saying the eighties. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like the songwriting craft of the nineties were a little It was different than the eighties. There were great grade and there was great songs written in the eighties, but the nineties just stepped it up and.
Speaker 1: It almost like two songwriting wise lyrically wise like idea wise, but but as well as like sonically like. They took it to a place like Vince Gill and those cats took it to a place that country music hasn't been yet.
Speaker 2: Percentages were high in the nineties.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Triple Masters, Nobody record record, Triple Master.
Speaker 2: What is that? Triple Masters.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say limen depressing my favorite favorite ninety song?
Speaker 4: Oh, you know, it bounces around. I don't have a favorite song. I feel like it's a songwriter. You got a favorite song, you're in the wrong business.
Speaker 2: I like that answer. You know, there's just too many. Yeah, but you know, I don't know. I think uh and not.
Speaker 4: Let's talk a nineties monsters that you know, especially somebody who I thinks are are Merle Haggard.
Speaker 2: The nineties. Merle Haggard.
Speaker 4: He's in the Hall of Fame Songwriting, right next to the Beatles or Paul McCartney, Chadahoochie, Alan Jackson. I mean he's monster songwriter monsters. And I told I told Alan to his face, I said, I think you're the Merle Haggard of my generation. I would agree with that with the you know, you listen, you go back to his catalyags. Remember when you can go on and off about Alan Jackson's songwriting.
Speaker 2: Somebody wrote by himself a lot.
Speaker 4: He wrote by himself, chasing that Neon rainbow, like like it's like he's the he's theodist songwriter that that Merle was to him. And I think Merle is. I mean, he's top, he's mount. He's on my Mount Rushmore. You know, Alan mal might be right next to him, you know. And it's just like I feel like Chatahoochie is one of them songs that, like even Alan said on recent and he's like, hell, we didn't think anybody was gonna like it, you know, put it out. Change changes the music video business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see it right now and see the whole video.
Speaker 4: And it was just like, yep, he heard that, he heard that coming on on the radio in the nineties.
Speaker 1: It's like it's gone gone, yeah, remix, stand up, start dancing.
Speaker 4: So it's like that was a monster ninety song and it still is a monster song.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you, that is the song that I introduced my son to country music with.
Speaker 3: Because I'm trying to I'm trying to think he's two and a half. He's in the back seat where we've played all the damn blippy songs that you can play if he loves. He loves construction and all this, so he always don't want to hear songs about tractors all that stuff. And I was like, all right, I'm tired of listening and it's time to get something where I can listen to and he can listen to.
Speaker 2: I was like, what can I play? Him? Started thinking is that's a big thing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: You start thinking about it like I don't want to introduce my son to country to music, you know. And I was like, man, what's catchy? What's what's fun to listen to? And what's rememberable? Chahoochee? That's the first song if you tell him right now he wants to hear. Yeah, Ours is Dolly parton nine of five?
Speaker 1: Same thing, like same same catchy quick movie, Yeah, nine to five, Monster Monsters. I saw Allan was selling his estate down in Franklin and it's just like twenty seven million, and it said like the home of Alan Jackson on the list in the first comment said it's.
Speaker 2: All right to be Edie Beatty.
Speaker 1: It just like four thousand acres, six houses hellipads.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, but Alan, I mean it's this song right inside of the having both yea in the nineties. Yeah, I mean, I got some buddies who were nineties artists and they they they did well, and we're smart, but like they went from cassette tapes to CDs and vinyl and like everything back when music had a solid like a physical problem, and you know, I remember going to Tower and like you know, listening headphones and like it's things that our our kids will never ever I don't know what the hell.
Speaker 2: Is going to be in eighteen years, sixteen years, but.
Speaker 1: Like they'll never go to Walmart and and and and try to be the first one to get there when the record come.
Speaker 4: Well, they can, but it's like a more of you're gonna take him there and show them how to for sure, which is still I didn't give it up for Walmart and like targeting those guys.
Speaker 2: We're still having a CD SEC.
Speaker 4: We're still on this new record April eleven, Hong Kong, Call of Wood. We're we're still making vinyl on CD just for those stores and because there's people now that still like the CDs. I still like CDs. It's it's the best quality you can listen to. It's better than streaming. It is it really is. It's not even close, honestly. I mean if you pop CD in your truck and if your truck's got a CD player and then stream something, it does it really doesn't.
Speaker 2: It don't touch it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And and it's it's just something that's it's like a luxury listening now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It sounds like I said that April eleventh, coming out.
Speaker 2: That's already he.
Speaker 4: Already you know, pick it up stories, go get it right out, damn it, go get it right out?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: March March sixth right now for everybody listening.
Speaker 1: Do you think our generation as parents, like we're going to be the last ones.
Speaker 2: To do that?
Speaker 1: To have we've got I try to get vinyls, especially every every project that I've got a song on, I get the vinyl and Jordan gets the violent orders it and then anything we like like we try to steal and we play them right, we try to let our let our daughter put the vinyl on the player and and do the whole thing. Like do you think that goes away after us? It feels like because because I'm a CD baby, like that's what the booklet. Yeah, absolutely, and had the fifty in your car. You flip back and forth, scratch and you lick it. You rub peanut butter on your favorite ones, trying to work done the peanut butter.
Speaker 2: Well that was a trick.
Speaker 1: If it's too scratch, you get pinted better roller and then you clean off the peanut butter.
Speaker 2: And you're making you just hungry. Man, check it out.
Speaker 1: I am hungry, but uh but yeah, man, CD baby, like that's I love that. And and yeah, I'm sad like you're saying, I'm sad that my kids aren't gonna be able to to to grow up like that. But it does feel like it goes away after us to me, I don't know, I did.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I think I'd like to think that humans naturally love vintage stuff. They love vintage, and I see so many homesteader people now, and like, true, there's always going to be uh, some sort of like, well, this is how history did it, and we got to learn no matter what generations or what we go through as a country or in a whole world, we have to pay attention to history because now we don't want to live in it, but everything has been done already and we just got to.
Speaker 2: Learn from it to know where you came from and know where you're going.
Speaker 4: And and that's a part of like us like oh, they said CDs sound better, we should try that pop it in.
Speaker 2: Wow, it does sound better like people, we're not just saying that act.
Speaker 4: And there's just like oh I want to learn in the garden. Oh this is how this there does a lot of that, and social media is the devil, but also there's a lot of people learning from Yeah A good. I feel like I feel like I feel like people will always study how it used to be and ben just things and and uh, let's just hope for that because I feel like there's gonna come a point where hopefully, I like to think blah blah blah. I like to think people just get too lazy or just like you know what, we're just getting too dumb when you put the phone down and start learning something, because now we're just getting forced fed everything you know, and it's like so and there's nothing wrong. We're learning something at YouTube University.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with that as long as you learn it. I just every time, I always try to do stuff and learn stuff no matter what, especially for my dad. He kind of knows everything. And that's the one that we do. Construction, welding or something I got.
Speaker 2: I learned all.
Speaker 4: Stuff from him, and I try to take time to learn that stuff because he didn't have to learn it.
Speaker 2: He just had to do it.
Speaker 4: That's just what he did. He learned, then he went to work, He went to work, He went to work, went to work already out everywhere, he went to work. But it's just something I like to learn. And I feel like that's never gonna go away in the future generation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a positive outlook. I like it. We could sit around here and just ruin it for everybody.
Speaker 6: What damn years ship somebody do something about it. Do you feel like your dad because we say this and then we go to music. I know you know your relationship with your dad. I've heard you talked about him to me about certain things. I think y'all last time we wrote, you were digging a pond with him, and you were like, I got to get this done because I got to get back to my dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like your dad genuinely knows how to a little bit about everything or do you think it's like a fake it till you make a situation in some summer spects.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, he definitely knows everything about it. I think our dad does too, but not computers.
Speaker 2: Not hell. I remember when he was bitching about.
Speaker 4: An email damn email wenna. He took, can't get a job because I don't have an email count.
Speaker 2: That was a I was like, well, it's really easy. This was before cell phones. But I remember you.
Speaker 4: I remember, like, got to have an email count camp. It's just why he won't hire me email sit in the mill.
Speaker 2: I remember him bitched about that.
Speaker 4: But no, I mean he's he's he He ran on the land leveling company and then he works whip de vice president. He started out as the well he grew up with a farming family and he was a framer. He did driveways at sixteen. He lost his dad when he was fourteen, so he just went straight into construction with like World War money, you know, and just straight to work. And he does know a little bit about everything. And I've seen him call out people, and I've seen people get fired because of what They wouldn't listen to him or like anything he told me. I'm like, naw old man on them, come back bit me and ass and it's like so I try to pay attention and sometimes he's just like broken record, but he's right though most time. Right man, it's pretty It's I And he has his John Wayne moments. I remember we were shooting guns and this kid had this gun and he's been working on it, just working on it, blah blah blah, couldn't get the feed and blah blah. And seniors just watching him. Give me your gun, took his gun, said John, give me your magazine and he popped that magazine on.
Speaker 2: And just let it fly.
Speaker 4: And that gun worked perfect, and it was just like, damn, my buddy, let me goes have some John Wayne shit. But it's like little simple things, you know, And he's real quiet. He just kind of watches but uh no, he and he always partners up with people like working on ac It's how the hell are you allowed to work on damn ac in it. It's like ship, we give it. We don't even want to mess with. We just call somebody.
Speaker 2: He's I'm gonna take it apart, but no, he really does. I know quite a bit stuff.
Speaker 4: But you don't know. I always say this, but you don't know how to put a bridge in a song, do you? Hell no, you got to learn how to do that right now. But you can't put a bridge in the song. Might be able to build a bridge.
Speaker 2: Can't put on a song. That's why I got you. You can't even open YouTube to learn how to put a bridge.
Speaker 1: Hey man, Honky Tom Hollywood out now what your I don't want to think you don't have a favorite song.
Speaker 2: I think I like, uh, keep it that way, keep it that way.
Speaker 1: That's such a groove man. Yeah, it's a cool song to me, Like there's the John Party sound right, And you've had it in every it's part of every record you've done and you can pick it out. And it felt to me like this record still had that. But it also felt to me like you went some places and maybe it's it's it's the partnership with Jay Joyce and doing that thing to kind of push you to new boundaries. But Keep It that Way kind of felt like that to me, like it's something I haven't heard you do yet. Yeah, sonically, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, this whole record is a new a new exploration for me in a fun way. Keep It that Way is just kind of gritty, It's got you know, it's got it. That really showcases a lot of Jay's like the J Lab, That's what I call it. And it's just like he's very He's very groovy without being like here, you know, but it's it's proven hard, it's it's a cool thing.
Speaker 2: And we learned quite a bit from Jay. Uh.
Speaker 4: When I say we my band, we were on the record together.
Speaker 2: We all played and Rob mcnelley was on it and Jeff Hyde and Jeff Hyde.
Speaker 4: Actually wrote Keep It that Way with Bryce Long and Marv Green.
Speaker 2: I don't know all the writers.
Speaker 4: When I listen to outside music, I try not to pay attention to who wrote it, just because.
Speaker 2: I'm there for the song and I appreciate that instead of who wrote this.
Speaker 4: You know a lot of people get into like who was the writer that it's like who cares? Like that's the wind after when it's all done.
Speaker 2: It doesn't It doesn't matter, but it.
Speaker 4: Matters when you have your parties and you want to make sure all your writers and because I love making sure the songwriters invited are invited in a part of all the records. But when I'm listening, I know songwriters appreciate it because I'm not like, oh, it's like a name brand, Well I gotta get that song because this name brand wrote it.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's not why I do.
Speaker 4: But it feel like it helps because there's there's writers on this record that haven't got cuts or haven't got cuts in a while. Yeah, just because I'm I'm doing the different. This is a this is a step and another direction for me. But it's the same. It's not a big step, right, you know, it's the same lane I've been doing. I think it's more of an elevation at it. And I had a friend Falcon you probably I seen him a record and he goes, this is I thought a great because he's listening to all my records. We grew up on music Row and I moved here. I was twenty two long hair writing song. Yeah, I'm califun this is great. It would like to drink drink and write songs. I'm in never move it. But we grew up together and he's listening to all my records, and to me, I thought this was a great compliment from a friend and a person in the music business. He said, I love when an artist sets himself up for the next ten years by making a switch, showing he's still progressing.
Speaker 2: You know, you're not.
Speaker 4: You're not taking anything accolades or something as as like, because I don't whatever, I there ain't much, but like it's any goals that I get, I got more goals.
Speaker 2: And but you got it. You can't.
Speaker 4: I can't do the same thing over and over again. And I've been wanting to do a j. Joyce record since I heard Eric Church and and it's just it's just I feel like there's a little a little bit of you know that Eric stuff in it, but it's a whole lot of fiddle and still and country it feels you man, and the honky talk stuff is.
Speaker 2: Just it's got more. It's got that like it's got like you hear it. It's not it's not too polished.
Speaker 4: It's it's not a polished record, and it's it's every gritty thing that you'd want and like a kind of real country, real rock, kind of groovy stuff that I feel like it's got all that stuff.
Speaker 2: And that's all from Jay.
Speaker 4: I mean, and I didn't produce this record, and I'm I considered myself a guy who likes to be working and you know, get some kind of producer credit. But it was nice to give the keys to Jay and Black later. But he's he's the man.
Speaker 2: What got me this morning was because I just needed I think my brain is so like.
Speaker 3: Just tired that I just needed some candy this morning, and love candy. Boots Off was candy for me, dude. I was like, it was easy to listen to. It felt good. It was like it just fair.
Speaker 2: I just I like that one. I like that one.
Speaker 3: That's that's one of my favorite I think that's megahead.
Speaker 4: That's talk of the maybe next single.
Speaker 2: Somebody just got excited out there. Yeah, hopefully that listened, suast.
Speaker 4: Or, I mean, she drives away talk to me in that beautiful song. I only listened to the first version chorus of that.
Speaker 2: It got me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I mean you get the last you get the last verse didn't really get you. That's the I'm mona cry you know like, but that's I picked songs that I thought were, you know, the their top tier. What I thought songwriting was, yeah, make you feel something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I remember, I remember blah, remember.
Speaker 4: When we had the Sony meeting and it was like on Zoom one hundred and fifty writers last year in January, and I told all the writer I was like, don't just send me hits, send me something that means something.
Speaker 2: To send me something that like, this is.
Speaker 4: My story and I want you to hear it because that generates like realism and it's universal and everybody can relate to.
Speaker 2: Somebody that went through something.
Speaker 4: And I feel like songwriters are going to hear this record and it's going to pump up there, like I might be able to write a different idea today instead of chasing the radio or chasing you know, everybody wants to the mailbox money. But if you make a record that doesn't chase mailbox money, by god, you don't get mailbox money exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's I really feel like that.
Speaker 4: And it's I'm an album artist and I take pride in that, and I'm with a list of album artists.
Speaker 2: That I feel like, we still love our records.
Speaker 4: We want to put seventeen want to put fourteen songs on there, and we also want to respect the crap the songwriters, And like I got eight songs on this record, and I celebrate like I'm a songwriter.
Speaker 2: I got eight song record. I got hit on this script.
Speaker 4: I'm happy about that. I don't have everyone. I don't want everyone. I want the best song to win. And I've done that on every record. I mean, mister Saturday Night, I think I only got like.
Speaker 2: Four songs on it.
Speaker 4: But it's just not it's it's not about that. It's about making.
Speaker 2: That makes me feel good. It makes me feel good. I'm mister saying that my too. Yeah, No, I know.
Speaker 4: And Benji, I think Benji's on Honky tongk Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah he is, he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I I'm went down the list and there's a lot of great writers and there's a lot of a lot of guys that names it haven't been in the hat in a while, and.
Speaker 2: Like that makes me happy.
Speaker 4: It is like you make a record that songwriters love and it's commercial and it's got jay and it's like it's it becomes something that's like we can do that, and I feel.
Speaker 2: Ud come on.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's why I've always tried to make records like that up.
Speaker 3: Just just know as lunch Pelt songris that me and ried are, which I feel like that classifies. I don't mean that as a derogatory tournament. It just means we're not trying to go get deals like as singers, we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't do that. We appreciate your stance on that.
Speaker 3: Because it seems lately there's been this huge sway to that that some of these cats think that they have to write or you know, be on every single thing.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: And to have a guy like you that's established, has a sound, still listening to outside song, still wanting best song to win. I mean honestly, that gives hopes to guys like us, So we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 4: Songwriters need to hear it. They need to hear that there's there's avenues for just a stone cold country song, a nice place to visit on this record.
Speaker 2: So it's just it's it's.
Speaker 4: So country and some I remember I played I played the song and a publisher laughed at the title. It's like a nice place to visit, huh, And then she was like, holy shit, what a song, you know, and it just had that George Jones kind of style of writing and it was very.
Speaker 2: You know, and uh, Parker, what's what's the guy prior Bird? He was he was at the show.
Speaker 4: We just played the stage at CRS and he was video and everything, singing, crying, and it was just like it was just that's why I record outside songs because it changes the songwriter's year. It changes life absolutely, and it may be the breaking point that gets them resigned. And it's like so many artists want to write everything and that's totally cool, Yeah, but you got to record some outside song because I feel that change and just it picks the town. It picks this whole music row up, and like it's just a great thing.
Speaker 3: Absolutely could I could not with that. It absolutely picks the town up. It and like I said, I don't even have anything on there, and it makes me feel great just to know that there's because there's a songwriter.
Speaker 2: You get in your own head, right and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, so if if fifty percent of the of the people recording are cutting only their songs, okay, so that immediately limits you to half the thing. Then if you cut that and a fourth and they go, well, a fourth of this has to be on every single song, and you're not going to You can't get on the record unless you're write with this guy or you're right with him and his producer here, you know what I mean. Well, that cuts it down to a quarter. Then out of the court, there's only four or five of those casts that you can even get songs too.
Speaker 2: It feels impossible. It feels impossible.
Speaker 4: And and I know artists aren't like you know that right by himself.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 4: It's not they're not open. They're not like not open to writing with other people. We just don't have the time for sure. Like as a songwriter, that's just you know, like you should showing up trying to get a cut.
Speaker 2: You may never write with that artist, you know, like the who you're not going babe, you get it.
Speaker 4: But like it's and it's not because they don't want to. It's because we're busy. That's why I record outside song. I'm gota. I thought lazy, but like I like to think, like, well, I don't have to write the daughter song because that she drives Away is amazing. I'm just gonna sing that one. Yeah, I'm gonna write to be your song.
Speaker 2: You know, probably want some fun, but it's uh, it's just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I love I love songs and listening to the outside songs, it reminds.
Speaker 2: You of how good people are in this town, and it reminds.
Speaker 4: You what you want when you sit down and write, you don't You're going to try to write something better than that and just to have that goal.
Speaker 2: And it may never get it, but just trying.
Speaker 4: It's just like day after day, day after Yeah, and it's this record is is really it all came together so well and it's just such a cool record and so many great songs.
Speaker 3: Damn, that was awesome, man, that was that's great. Great, It's a great I feel like I could listen to you talk about that forever. I might call you before every co ride. Just let me fire me up. Coach, party, there's a party. Coach saying there's a chance, saying there's a chance.
Speaker 2: Get out there. Man, So are you are you doing a headline tour for this thing?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Where are you going on the road? He don't know. Where is he going on the road? Yeah, Rachel going to Australia, going to Australia to Texas. Okay, what's all over? How about this? We're going everywhere it didn't go last year?
Speaker 4: We go. Do you like playing Texas? I love playing Texas. We're playing Houston Rodeo like next week. We just played Santurna Rodeo and it was great. I love Billy Bob's love playing Texas.
Speaker 2: I love playing it everywhere. Everywhere there was a good crowd.
Speaker 4: I always say that, like where's your favorite Everybody asked what's your favorite place to play?
Speaker 2: I hate that question. It's kind of like asking what's your favorite favorite song. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean if I had a favorite place to play, I guess that's just where I would be playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I always.
Speaker 4: Say, wherever it was a good crowd, that's my favorite place to play. And we we went to Europe and the UK last year and we had a blast. Oh yeah, sold out every show in clubs, just little thousand, two thousand seat rooms. I brought the whole band. We had a blast. It was like it was it was such an experience. And then we're about to go to Australia and they were rowdy. In twenty nineteen, they're going to be even more rowdier. Now they got Honky Tong Hollywood. It's you know, it's top five over there. Friden a heartbreaker. They already got done with that there they it moves so quick over there.
Speaker 2: It's like the.
Speaker 4: Dream of being played on the radio. Here, you know, I mean we get forty five years, we got one single on the radio. It feels like yeah, and and it's it's a struggle. But over there, you know, like here they keep playing all my songs. We might go and trade them on to be looking for those zillo It's like, I mean, it's nice to go somewhere and everybody knows this Honky Tong Hollywood, or keep it that way or something somewhere they could just play in it listen to a mass audience. But so yeah, no, there's and I feel like because of streaming, it's it's more worldwide now, mister worldwide, mister country is you can go out and get some shows and you know, and and and play the.
Speaker 2: Crowds, you know, and they are singing songs back to you, everyone of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully hopefully bring the percentage.
Speaker 2: How much money make it's.
Speaker 3: About bringing a percentage of bringing up baby. Everybody wins we got where.
Speaker 2: Our team, got a lot of team people.
Speaker 4: We got a lot of people we support, we got we gotta bring the buildings.
Speaker 2: That all day. You got to get it up. Got goes everybody.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing about Australia to me is hearing people saying because they'll sing the words back.
Speaker 2: And with their like Australian thing. They don't keith urban and like sing American, but Australia it is.
Speaker 3: It will sound Australian like the guy on the shrimp on the barbie, like that guy.
Speaker 2: It sounds like that, but it's your It's.
Speaker 1: Give me an example. Oh real bad, I know you. That's why we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Go bad together. It would be like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think that was English, but you I apologize people in Australia.
Speaker 2: I think we just got games. I apologize you made me do it. No, that's not you can do that right.
Speaker 4: No. The best way to describe as tract. You can do it is you just say say rise up lights.
Speaker 2: Say what rise up lights?
Speaker 4: Razor blood, that's the best way to describe it. That's zah, rise up lights.
Speaker 2: Lights that they might you got to rise up bla all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's like a thick Australian act. That's what somebody told me.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Yeah, it's really good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway they sing that, they'll sing like your hit in Australian's cool.
Speaker 2: It's cool, man, it's weird.
Speaker 4: The craziest is even crazier is the Germany went to Germany and they don't speaking English English, but they're saying every word that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. It was.
Speaker 4: It's wild and I feel like countries, country, countries, country wide, country.
Speaker 2: Country must be country. Baby pulled up to the gas station. The guys wearing a cowboy I thought it was Chris Sala dude.
Speaker 4: That song says it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It was that. Let's see what was I gonna say? We're talking about German.
Speaker 4: I was just talking about the world, the world thing and it I just did interviews. It was Australia and I was saying that, you know, since social and media, the devil and an angel in some parts rarely yeah, but mainly the devil, Yeah, mainly the devil.
Speaker 2: The devil was an angel for still killing. Destroy your Mind's.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, as of right now, we're gonna be positive here. Percentage of percentage that's gonna be a bubber sticker for ar. But uh, I feel like now that social media's made country music so personal, like it's more attainable to be like.
Speaker 2: We are like this, we are like what these people are. We are, we are ab outdoors.
Speaker 4: We love we love all this stuff that they're saying because it's so more. You could see it, you can hear it, you can feel it. And I feel like since we got phones and everything's we're kind of giving all this information. I feel like that's why country music is. It's why we love it. It's happening worldwide because people feel it more. Wow, it's not just you got a lot of sense. You know, guys just go get a vinyl players right, And that's wrong.
Speaker 2: Man. We love going to like but worldwide.
Speaker 4: Now I feel like it's it's culture and they can really.
Speaker 2: Feel like they're a part of it. It's not just an American thing. It's a culture thing. That's right. Even we're open to that. I'm welcome. I mean, South America.
Speaker 4: It's jumping up there because they're like rodeo in a big horse country and so that's that's a you know, I'm I want to go down there. One one time for a show. I think Dustin went down there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I thought so Dustin's like a DJ now on the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah we know, remember he's like cut, he's like doing like electronicals. He told us about it. Yeah, he's talking about that M ship d J d L dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got like a track suit with the cowboy hat and like and blingout.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after midnight Dustin, that should be his name.
Speaker 2: But you're listening.
Speaker 4: But like to point even we're talking about worldwide. He's doing country music E d M. In Vegas at the Sapphire at the wind It's right. I think it's the Sapphire. Is that strip club?
Speaker 1: I don't know, definitely don't sounds never been, never good enough, But I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just like it's moving into all these different categories. So honky talk, honk available.
Speaker 2: John Party man dropping, Will you run for office? The mayor or something? Mayor of Losers, mayor of Music City. It's pretty nice, pretty nice title to it, you know, dude, Will you give us a little bit of honkey talk? Give us something? Play something? What's this? Yeah? Have stuff? You play anything you want? I don't give a ship estiment. You're good, you're good. Give us anything, anything you want. She's a little on eye.
Speaker 7: She's a little name, a little high here, red wine bud riding in her hand.
Speaker 2: She's a little an eye.
Speaker 7: She's a little dream on. Fell in love with the same and a band. She's my blue eye, bloot jean baby, kind of kind of bone, you're crazy dance little dime shine like stars on body or kind of country, kind of city. She's west coast, down home, pretty, got no business and looking now.
Speaker 2: Dam good, honky tal collarood shot.
Speaker 5: Card bro, you're the man man. Thanks for coming on, Thanks for having me, Thanks hanging out, come back, come back.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we've done, keep going. I got time. She got time to talk about.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: Don't talk about Nephelin real quick. Oh my gosh, Reed's been on this netli and check it out. Giant people before the flood. No, give it to him, go ahead, see ahead time for real.
Speaker 3: I mean, just the condensed version of what you think Nephilin is and why they matter. Okay, man, sons of God, I'm giving you two minutes.
Speaker 2: The sons of.
Speaker 1: God, who were the actually the people that talk about him call them like California hunks. They say, angels that were of a higher of the elder race. This is going This is going in there, dude, this is going in there.
Speaker 4: Go we go.
Speaker 2: It's called the follow Follow the Watchers.
Speaker 1: They look down on on the earth and saw the the offspring of Eve, the daughters of Eve, and the angels wanted to They lusted after him and wanted a family. So they came down here, made it, made a little deal and uh, and they had they they made love with these daughters of Eve, and the offspring were giants.
Speaker 2: Some people even think they still exist. M just a certain race of hybrid human angel that happens to be. And it was all to get it.
Speaker 1: And the Watchers like plan was to get the birthright of Adam, which is to rule on this planet.
Speaker 2: And this is not like some j. R. Tolkien book.
Speaker 1: He's he's actually saying, it's in the Bible, Jesus and uh. But then it got to a point where it was so got so crazy that God didn't like it. He's like, can't have this going on. Boom noz Ark flood took him out restarted fresh.
Speaker 2: You asked, you had to ask. He's really excited about this interesting. It's it's just crazy. It's crazy a little. Are you glad you asked now?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 2: Glad we kept on talking? Guys, are you hungry? Get the percentage of y'all funny?
Speaker 4: I get a meaning, John Party. I know, I know we want to finish this this second verse, but I got a meaning.
Speaker 2: That just came up.
Speaker 1: It just popped up and got to go right now, you know, man, got to get the percentage up. Thanks for hanging out on God's Country with us, John Party. Everybody check out.
Speaker 2: Monkey Talk Hollywood out now everywhere. By the vinyl, bitch, Yeah, by the vinyl. Please Peace