Speaker 1: Hey there again, everybody, Amy and TJ here coming to you from a studio in a cold New York City where we are just a couple of days away from Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's beginning to fill a lot like Christmas. It's been brit Oh. See if you could see TG right now, he's shaking his head at me and his eyes were kind of closed. But I think you were rolling them too.
Speaker 1: I think you could see the listener right now. They were doing the exact same thing once they heard you say it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that song. I'm going to be sad when the Christmas music stops.
Speaker 1: Then I'll have the biggest smile on my face. But hey, we are back here. This is our second episode this week, our second brand new episode. We told you last episode, and in fact, we were going to start doing two episodes a week at least for the rest of this year, and part of that was getting the last one at least, was answering your questions. Again, we haven't seen it's ahead of time, and in the entest we got so many questions that we wanted to get to as many as possible, as mean as we could, so instead of just doing one episode of it, we're doing too.
Speaker 2: All right, you ready to go, Let's do it round two.
Speaker 3: Andy Lee asks TJ. You mentioned receiving a threat in the first episode, which sort of implies that you were the target of the photos released. Will you continue this discussion.
Speaker 1: I've said all I am going to say about it. It happened, Oh you were threatened, and it seems that someone made good on that threat, and that's it, and I'm can do about it now. And they're sitting here in this place, and look, don't don't have any ill will or who harbor any negative feelings about it. People have their motivations and nothing we could do. But if whatever happened needed to happen to land us in this place, you have to look at it in that way, and we are where we want to be, need to be, and should be. And if that was a catalyst for it, fine, certainly wish no ill will towards anybody else.
Speaker 3: So Holly asks, my question is why didn't you guys both speak out right away? It bothered me that you didn't go hard at the allegations right from the start.
Speaker 2: Well, Holly, it bothered us too. And I think maybe it would have been better had we done that, But what we were trying to do was keep our jobs. We did have press releases ready to go that we had written that day, and even through that initial first day, first couple of days, obviously we went back on the air. Even when we were temporarily allegedly temporarily taken off the air to let things cool down, we were still hopeful for that entire.
Speaker 4: Was it six weeks, eight weeks that.
Speaker 2: We would be going back to work. I mean, we knew that as the days and weeks went on, it was getting less and less likely. Our hearts, our guts, our minds, everything about us wanted to speak out. But once we didn't speak out the initial first few days, at what point do you then it got really hard? And this wasn't in my wheelhouse or in yours. I'm not a I'm not a I've never had to do press on myself or be a publicist for myself. I'd never been in a situation like this, So I was trying to follow what other people were telling me. The right thing to do was.
Speaker 1: We've been holding on as as you were talking, Andy, I looked, I pulled up a draft. We've been talking about this for a while. It's there, but there's a draft email in my inbox right now. In my draft box from November thirtieth, twenty twenty two. That draft is say that is the exact day that it.
Speaker 2: Was released or the pictures were released.
Speaker 1: That stuff was released. This draft was never sent as an email because of what she just described. This is so wild. I'm reading it two different statements. We decided not to really statement together. Instead, it was going to be two separate She would have hers, I would have mine. And the email as I look in bold letters and underlined capital letters, it says Amy and it quotes my divorce is nearly finalized after we decided to separate. CJ and I have been friends for years, and our relationship has evolved only in recent weeks. I asked for privacy for my family as we continue to heal. In quote that was Robot's statement that was never released. Under that bold letters, capital letters, TJ underlined this was mine. After month long separation. I'm in the final stage of my divorce, a process that has been difficult in my family, and for their sake, had hoped to keep private. I have leaned on my closest friend during this painful stretch, and very recently that friendship became more out of respect for my family. I am requesting privacy at this time. That never saw the light of day, and it's never been heard until this moment. Andy and I see the look on your face, and maybe some people will have that same reaction. But we asked, we were ready to go, and we got the breaks put on that, and we could have moved. I guess we could have done if we want, but we were trying.
Speaker 2: To keep our jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So to answer the question that is that is why, gosh.
Speaker 3: It's so hard? Adria asks, why does Tea Chase still not follow Amy on Instagram?
Speaker 2: You know what, I would like to hear this. I have tried and it hasn't. It hasn't worked.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm going to stick with the theme of looking up drafts in my why love this? I am not kidding you all.
Speaker 2: This This is are you going to get into who you do follows?
Speaker 4: It seems creepy, but then it's not.
Speaker 1: I follow one person on Instagram and there's a reason, Simon, and she was the daughter of a really good friend I had back in my scene in days. But she helped me. My friend helped me set up my Instagram account. I'm like, how do you do that? And how do you follow somebody? So initially just said just follow my daughter as an example, right, it's kids like eleven years old too, But at the time she was little, but they had an Instagram account for her. She said, just follow her. It was just to set it up, and so I never started following anybody else. So now it's just funny to me. So I don't want to follow anybody because it would break the tradition of having just that one person I follow.
Speaker 2: But if you were going to follow one other person, who would it be?
Speaker 1: Probably my sister.
Speaker 4: I walked round.
Speaker 1: But again I'm thinking about this, Andy, because I have drafts. So I have a draft email I keep that says Christmas in the subject line, and I have certain people listed for potential Christmas gifts, and I have your your thing here and it's a bunch of stuff listed.
Speaker 2: But follow Amy on Insta that would be a Christmas gift. I can't wait to see what happens December twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I'm not going to do it now that this is out, Now that they were doing this, okay, but it's actually listed. It's funny to ask the question that it is actually that big of a thing between us, and it bothers her feet like just empty, Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how that works.
Speaker 1: I just I don't sit and scan through social media and look through.
Speaker 2: And it's oh, is there judgment there in your eyes?
Speaker 1: No, it's not judgment. That's just a difference you and I do two We Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like to scroll through Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yes, So the point it really one of my favorite. Look, the phone can bring you closer to somebody one thousand miles away and take you farther away from the person sitting in the next room with you. That's her. I'm sitting right there with her, and she she can't do two things at one time. That's not saying not to be offensive there, I'm saying, you focus on this one thing. I can't get you to focus on something else. So I know to step away, let her have her moment, let her do her wordle. What's the new one?
Speaker 2: Well, I like wordle. It's all the New York Times games. We do connections, connections, yes, I love and then the mini crossword and so I actually I actually have a group of girls, my daughters are on to. It's we call it girdle girls who do wordle.
Speaker 1: He's laughing because things it's clever.
Speaker 2: Girdle next Chaine and every day we all send each other the results of and he makes so much fun of me. But I am sharpening my brain. And you know, I am fifty. As you pointed out, I got a few years on you, So I got to keep that mind sharp.
Speaker 1: You're sharpening your brain. I'm sharpening the knives for what's coming at us. But you play your.
Speaker 3: Games all right, kay? Asks when did doctor jen find out about your relationship? The three of you had great chemistry on the show. And did she ever suspect anything?
Speaker 1: Now, I will say doctor Ashton is somebody that I told. She might be one of the first I think I told her about the divorce. She is one I think I told about the divorce before I even told my parents.
Speaker 2: We were going to her wedding. Yeah, and there was gonna be questions why did I not bring my ex? Why did he not bring his ax? And so we were going to her wedding. It was the night before the New York City Marathon, so This is just what a week or two before the tabloids went ahead and show these pictures of us together.
Speaker 1: That was a few timeline there. This was only a few days before we started being followed because the story didn't come out to could remember her wedding like no remember fifth or right?
Speaker 2: We went to her wedding together, and so I'm sure there might have been some raised eyebrows. But we needed to tell her. She already knew that I was getting divorced, but you went ahead and told her beforehand, just so that it wouldn't be it would be unusual that we would, you know, not bring what you would think was your spouse to a wedding. So she did find out about that, but.
Speaker 1: We didn't tell her ahead of time about our actual relationship.
Speaker 2: And I don't I don't know that she was suspicious. She never said anything to me, She never asked me any questions, so I don't believe she was.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Joy asks do you think if not for the social media fodder, would you guys have kept your jobs?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, without a doubt. It was explained to us that it was the distraction, and I don't think it was necessarily social media. I think it was the tabloids specifically, and it just it's interesting to me that publications that are widely viewed as tabloids or not something that you can rely upon, could have that big of an impact on our careers that we had spent decades creating and establishing. That was shocking to me. But that is the reason, and I think because social media then people share those stories. The two combined, yes, created a perfect storm where we lost our jobs. It wasn't because of anything technical, it was because of the spectacle.
Speaker 3: Gotcha perfect? Heather asks TJ. Do you find interracial dating more challenging? Especially when I heard you speak about only hearing two black artists sing at the wedding you both attended.
Speaker 1: You know, that's there's so many stories I could tell that would be funny here, but it's actually interesting and it becomes disappointing that the conversations we have privately are not the ones we can have publicly as a country, because there's so much that she says to me that if she were to say on social media or in public, people would try to cancel or immediately call her this or that. When she's just opening herself up to something she doesn't know, and she feels safe talking to me about it. And then I explained something to her and she said, oh, it's been so many times like, oh, I didn't get that. I never saw it that way. And that's fine, that's perfectly fine. But I just I find it. And there's so much about her and her life and her background and her We talk cultural and we talk about music and things like that. That's one thing, and that's funny we can laugh at, but there's so much else about our up we were, how we were raised, what we're exposed to that are so different that make it interesting. It makes it fun, but it's safe. We're in a safe place to have those conversations, and so I do love it. We talk about race all the time.
Speaker 4: We do, and I think we would like to.
Speaker 2: We'll be thoughtful about it all, but we would like to have those conversations because these are conversations that we have stop, that we have together that I know that if more people could have, it would be it would bring people together. You can't know what you don't know. I think that's the thing, and that's the place that I've come to and I've always believed this, but reinforced now after having so many conversations, if we can just all come to the table saying I don't know what I don't know, and just start there, and that's where we started. But we obviously this is nearly a decade long friendship that's built into now a a beautiful relationship, and we have trust. That's what's lacking in most conversations, and rightfully so.
Speaker 1: But you start from that place where I know this is a good person. You know, you start from that place initially that this person isn't evil, and I've pulled her to the side. Hey, you said this, and if you've dota this could be taken that way. We do that sometimes and so it's the the other part of that, And to be completely honest there is that you're I'm in the public eye. I'm a black man who has been for my entire career embraced by a black viewership, a black fan base, the black community in so many ways. And I have been as everybody knows, anybody knows me, how knows my level of involvement, engagement in organizations or communities that have nothing to do with something I'm doing on television. That's just who I am. That's how I was. I mean, that's what I came up in. This is my community. But you look at that, Wait a minute, you're so down for your community, then why what you're doing over here with this blonde hair, blue eyed white girl. And that's just the truth, if you're being honest about it. But that sometimes gets in your own head about and you think that's out there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Ain't ain't a black person out there who knocks me for loving who I am. If you're being honest about it, nobody's like what you love, who you love, and that's okay. They're folks in this country who have fought to love who they love, who have died for loving who they love. So it's not for me. I think that gets in my own head sometimes and it shouldn't, But I think I think it's doing a disservice to the black folks, the black community, to think they they don't accept or appreciate, or can understand or even would be supportive that you're loving somebody or in a relationship with someone outside of your race.
Speaker 2: And I would say that, you know, initially, when the news of our relationship came out, when I had my work email, I was aghast and this was the minority. But there were some really hateful, awful emails that included death threats, specific death threats, because I was with a black man and I had never experienced that before. And it was just a little taste of just some of what I have never or could never or had never experienced before. And it was eye opening, to say the very least. And I would just say that despite obviously all the things we've learned about each other and respected about each other, despite the color of our skin or our cultural backgrounds, we have so much more in common, you know, we have so many shared values how we were raised. Actually there were a lot of things that were the same. That when you have shared values and you have shared modes of operation and you care about the same things, the other stuff you will figure out. But if you have that that bass and we do have that shared that shared base, you can build on that from there. And it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: But sure, Crosby, Steals, Nash and Young was playing in the background at your house, and maybe I was listening to a little more line Richie, But.
Speaker 2: Whatever, I love Lionel Richie, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: This is the thing how many black people have been to your house? No, I love Lionel Richie. Come on if that's your black Cridentel?
Speaker 4: Are you Sidney per right? All right?
Speaker 1: Oh Mama, Robock, Papa roback. Guess who's coming to Dinna?
Speaker 3: Alright, Martin, we have to forgive us Marta. Sue asks, do you feel more comfortable in the podcast chair or the broadcast chair?
Speaker 1: Podcast?
Speaker 2: Podcast is amazing? We've never gotten to actually just be us. Maybe people for us in the broadcasting chair, where we were more buttoned up and reading.
Speaker 4: Please someone a script?
Speaker 2: But no, this is fun. I love this.
Speaker 3: Kate asks what is your favorite part about running, both separately and together? Kate's doing her first half marathon. Congrats Katy, and she'd love to hear more about your experience. What's a running playlist must have? What's something that the two of you want to do together that maybe you haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Kate, I this is right up my alley. I'm so excited you're gonna run a half marathon. It's amazing to challenge yourself and I love running for a lot of reasons. First of all, it's such a euphemism for life. You know, when you're struggling, and you're not going to have great runs all the time when you're training. But it's it's just this notion that you keep going anyway. When your body tells you to stop, when you're brain tells you to stop, you just keep putting one foot in front of the other. And there's something that I carry with me when I'm going through other tough times. I remember, Hey, you're in the middle of a tough run. You just keep going. It's as simple as that. And so you're you learn that your body and your mind are stronger than you think. You realize that you actually can control urges to stop or to like when pain happens. And I love the idea of getting on the other side of pain because it's progress, it's accomplishment. And I love music, but I'm a big fan of I'm not just saying this because we have a podcast. I love podcasts, and I love listening to books because after a while, when you're training, the music kind of gets old. So I save that for race day a lot of times. But I love listening to a good murder mystery. I love listening to I mean Oprah's Super Soul Conversations has gotten me through a lot of long runs. I love.
Speaker 1: Are you promoting Oprah's podcast?
Speaker 2: Well, that was the first podcast that I fell in love with.
Speaker 1: I know, but that is.
Speaker 2: Actually what got me into listening to podcasts.
Speaker 1: We're trying to build an audience and we're directing them to AM.
Speaker 4: I would suggests.
Speaker 2: Running, but it's just it's it's such a beautiful way to see what you're capable.
Speaker 1: Of, and congratulations hate on doing it. It's gonna feel great when you get to that to the finish line. It's uh and again I'm I've been always work out, but Robot was the one that got me into being an actual runner. I would run, but just for some aerobic exercise, but I would. She's the one really responsible for me becoming a runner. And to now when I miss a day of running, it feels weird, like we've gotten to that point to where we feel like the day can't start or we haven't done something unless we run. So congratulations to what you do. As far as what you listen to, I am a hype music guy. Either it is needs to be hip hop or hype music, or it needs to be something like like just to have some kind of great Crescendo has a great like it gets your move on once crazy as it sounds is wait for it from Hamilton no Way like some of that just gets you going like that. I love those two things and the other thing I listened to a lot on some of our long training runs. I listen to a lot of comedy specials, so I listen to a lot of stand up whether that's Chris Rock and of course Dave Chappelle my favorites, but Dion Cole I just discovered not too long ago, who I love, So those are my things. I listened to the.
Speaker 2: Keep It Going. I love TJ's playlists when he does send them to me. He does, and they're very sweet. And in terms of what we want to do next, I think we're kind of into the New York City marathon thing. I've done three, you've done two. I can't imagine we wouldn't do it again. But I'm actually a huge fan of half marathons. They're perfect, so I want to do I want to do the Paris half Marathon. I kind of want to look at creating vacations around you. You get your run in and then you have fun. So I always have this run to fun kind of mentality. So incorporating that into a vacation actually is even better. You feel like you've earned the fund that's going to ensue after you're done.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: I recommend doing the Miami Half.
Speaker 1: The Miami Half.
Speaker 3: Three years ago.
Speaker 2: Hot, No, because.
Speaker 3: You do it in the morning. They do it in January.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd be into that.
Speaker 1: Christ perfect.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful, great weather, and then you have the beach, all right. Perfect. So Julie is asking, she loves the podcast. She's asking, what motivates you to run in marathons? How do you train? And what diet tips might you have for someone who's over fifty.
Speaker 2: So I got into marathoning. And by the way, I want to say this, I had never run more than a ten k before the age of forty, and it was only after my breast cancer journey where I had felt like my body failed me. I didn't trust my body anymore. There's a lot of mental things that go on with you when you go through something like that and you're worried about recurrence, You're worried about if it comes back. And so I just really had a difficult relationship with my body and my health, and it was actually the Shape Women's half marathon. They asked me to be the Grand Marshal, and I thought, oh my god, I could never run a half marathon. My dad was a marathon er, so I had someone who I looked up to. But I remember always saying to him, how do you do that? And he started running marathons in his fifties. But it was that little spark, that little challenge, and so I agreed to run a half marathon. But I actually asked if I could do a relay with my best friend, Sarah Haines, and so she said, I said, I'll do seven miles. I'll meet you at six. We'll run a mile together, and then you take us through the rest. What happened was I got to mile seven and I was feeling so good. I said, I'm just going to keep running. So I just kept running and I was hyperventilating over the finish line and barely made it. But I made it, and I thought, you know what, I did it, But it was really painful, and unnecessarily so because I didn't train. So I started training, and that's when I started doing half marathons. And once I did enough, I thought the New York City Marathon asked me, Hey, would you consider it? And sure enough, I said, okay. So it's five months. We do the Hall Higden method. I print out Novice one and I just check off every training run and you just do it week to week to week to week for five months and you trust the training and it works. And so I've got five marathons under my belt now, and everyone's different based on the weather and the course. And I've had good ones and tough ones and fun ones, but it's challenging every single time.
Speaker 1: The motivation from Julie's question there for me is now just it's just a part of my life. I'm a runner, and so my motivation now is yes, I guess health, but I'm just in it.
Speaker 2: You become a runner, you become get kind of addicted to it.
Speaker 1: It don't there's nothing else I got. I mean ten pairs of Nike Alpha Flies in my closet right now, yep, that I use every single pair. I mean, it just becomes a part and on. Once you get that bug, you do not need motivation. You do not need anybody to tell you to get up. I mean it's thirty degree mornings. We have gotten up before and run. We've had things to do during the day and say, well, we got to get the run in, and we're up at three am to knock the run out, so we can go do something else during the day with schedule wise, that's just how it goes the training. Yes, the hall HIGGN diet is the other thing she asked about with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's always a tough one for me because I don't really like to do carbs, but it's kind of a must.
Speaker 4: And so it's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: I eat things I wouldn't normally eat because I'm training, and you always make fun of me. You're like, oh, don't let me guess you'll have it because you're training, Like French fries, probably shouldn't eat.
Speaker 1: It's a total excuse. Yes, I will start with the double cheeseburger, man, now the slab of ribs for my main. Thank you, it's okay, I'm training.
Speaker 2: That is to me, that is one of the biggest benefits of running or training for marathon, as you get to eat all this stuff you would normally not eat. I'm not advocated eating bad things like French fries, but it's it's fun.
Speaker 1: Use an excuse. It's tougher for me because I usually I don't eat a lot of meat, and I usually don't eat meat, so it's tough when you were doing fourteen, sixteen, eighteen twenty mile training runs. You need some carbs and you need some protein. So I have to change my diet a little bit. Well I did this time. First time I didn't, and I think I struggled a little bit. But this time I got some protein in me and whatnot. But yeah, you just got to keep your carbs up and keep your energy.
Speaker 3: Yet, truly asks will amy convert back to being a Razorbacks fan?
Speaker 1: Ah say back.
Speaker 2: To yep, Well I was never Yeah, so Georgia Bulldogs will always be my number one. I can't not say that. But I will always root now for the Razorbacks if they're not playing Georgia, how about that? How about you can we reverse that?
Speaker 1: There's no you know what, this just happened. Just happened on our way here, I said, I need something to put my red bull land to come here at our place. Open the cabinet and looking down looking for a cup, pull pull it out there about to put it in. I turn it around, it says Georgia on it. I said nope, and I put it back. I put the cup back, and I refuse to even drink my red bull out of a Georgia Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Because I'm a razorback? Would you to go home?
Speaker 2: Would you root for the Bulldogs?
Speaker 1: I root for you, I root for making you happy.
Speaker 2: You were also rooting for Alabama.
Speaker 1: Well, I had reasons for that, as I'm still with you. Well as a football fan. No, no, no, no, as a football fan, we shouldn't get into them. But I still think Georgia should be in the top four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, yeah they should, but I three, I.
Speaker 1: Think Alabama should as well. But I think it made it more interesting to have Alabama.
Speaker 2: When they got Your interest was my devastation.
Speaker 1: But you know I did not make fun. I did not choke issue because I know how this goes to lose a game and we sell Alabama. And we sat and we watched that game together, and I was as supportive as I could be.
Speaker 2: You did stay quiet.
Speaker 1: That's support, Andy.
Speaker 4: Sometimes silence is support.
Speaker 3: Silence is golden amy. Deborah asks, how did breast cancer change your life for the better?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Deborah, In every single way, I I think it actually prepared me for this past year, because I think until it happens to you, or until someone close to you goes through something serious where death is on the table, it's that watershed moment where you realize that tomorrow is not a given and all we have is right now, and when you start to actually fear for your life in a real way, you start realizing that we'll do that in five years, we'll do that in ten years, like that's just a pipe dream. And I actually really didn't even let myself plan a future or think about a future, and that's a good thing. You start living your life the way you envisioned it, and you don't apologize time is the greatest commodity. So I learned to say no in a way that I hadn't before. I learned to prioritize who I spent time with, how I spent my time, and what I wanted to accomplish. And I stopped letting my job define me. And that was a huge part of my transition in I used to brag about not taking my vacation days. I thought that was something to be proud of. I left two weeks on the table. I only took five days. What an idiot was I? You know, like no job. Like when you're on your deathbed, You're not gonna say, man, I wish I would have worked more. You're never gonna say that. You're gonna say I wish I would have loved more. I would have laughed more. I would have traveled more. I would have taken my time as what it actually is, a gift, And so yes, it changed. It reprioritized my entire life, and it forced me to put the people I wanted to spend time with first and foremost, and for that I am grateful. It was a gift. It still continues to be a gift, and it guides me every day.
Speaker 3: And and Christa asks, how are your relationship with each other's kids.
Speaker 2: Evolving? Is what I would say. And we had relationships with each other's kids when we were just friends. And so as tough as it's been for so many people in our lives, it's the most difficult for them because now they're having to look at us in a different way with one another, and we are. We have been very thoughtful, and we've taken things very slowly and we're being very patient. But things are good. They're peaceful and we want to continue to build on that.
Speaker 1: And again, my little one here, Sabine is ten years old. She's known Robot since she was one. Yeah, literally since she was one, and now she's knowing roboc in a different way, in a different role. But it's been the greatest. And again they are Sabine again. All that's Sabine always, guys, She's ten years old and always are just open. Roboq is here, We're hanging in. Do you want to do this?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Robot is da da da. And lately the past few months she is volunteered. She's like, oh, Robot is there? Can I come by? Oh? You and Robot are doing what can I get a piece of that? Oh? Y'all going to see a horror movie? I'm in like voluntarily, Like this is her having a desire to do these things. And I have never ever, she has never hung out with us without absolutely giving the okay or in most cases now requesting. Now it's like, really we owe some private time. I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: Like last night she popped in. It was so fun.
Speaker 1: God, she popped in last night and we just ended up.
Speaker 2: On she was reading our horoscopes and we were just cutting up.
Speaker 4: So she's so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sabin is absolutely great and she is doing is I'm so proud to see her these days and how she's doing, and how she's mature and how she handles so many things. But she is. Uh, it's really really been I think you would agree. One of the most touching things here recently is to see how she's doing and how she wants to be a part and included and enjoys the time with us. So she's great.
Speaker 3: And Anna asks, if you could give yourself advice or tell yourself something from one year ago, what would it be?
Speaker 1: Watch out for that Roebuck. No, that is all I get this question every once in a while over the years. It's hard. I always would say that it is so difficult to think that I would give myself advice going back to something, because that would exchange, that would change the experience of my life. And there were so many things I needed to figure out I needed to learn on my own. I didn't need a warning necessarily about I had to actually go through it to get to where I am. So I'm as I sit here still in all those things, we say, oh, maybe we should have done this, Maybe we should have done that. It is so hard to sit here, happy and healthy and think I wish something in my life would have been different, like you never ever and I am sorry for it. That There's no time in my life that I ever wanted to do harm to somebody, that I wanted to hurt somebody, but I have, and I've hurt people who I love, who are family members, And I have said plenty of I'm sorries in life, and I think everybody has that experience. But short of that, you just have to go through it. And I don't want to warn seventeen year old TJ not to do this, because then he might have been a little too cautious and might not have done this, and might just it's hard to say that I would tell myself a heads up or a warning or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Humility is hard earned. Oftentimes it's through the tough times that you learn that, and it's an important lesson, probably one of the most important lessons you learn in life. But I think if I had to say anything to myself a year ago, I just would have said to I would have reminded myself there's more love than hate, there's more support than discord, and there were times when you saw the headlines or you felt this I like to call it the vocal minority, and you start to feel the pressure that everyone is thinking this, everyone is saying these things, and I just would have wanted to remind myself there is more love than hate, there is more support than not. There were moments when I didn't believe that, and I know that's true now. I would have liked to have reminded myself that.
Speaker 3: A year later, Bianca asks, what are your next professional goals? And do you have any New Year's resolutions?
Speaker 1: No, on the resolutions, I'm not a fan of those, so I'd never make them. Because if I want to do something different and want to change life, let's do it on December fifteenth. Why don't I need to wait? That's just my mindset of it. We have this arbitrary day like, oh, now I'm going to make changes, and I just I have never been a fan. I don't knock anybody else else for that, but absolutely don't have any resolutions. As far as what was it professional professional goals? Professional goals to have not just a hit but an all time hit podcast? How about that? Andy? That is what the goal is at this point. This is a new venture or new medium, and we are loving it. And so this is where we start now. Television is what we know and what we do what we used to. But it would be very hard to go back, especially from this now from a podcast and go into a more scripted scenario, to go into something. Well, you can do this, but you can't do this. You could say this, but you can't say that. You could say this much, but you can't say that. It'd be hard to do. So right now, I'm loving what we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my professional goal is to continue to be able well, to be able to pay my bills broadcasting with the person I have the most fun with professionally, which is you, by the way, And yeah, to pay my bills. I want to be able to do this for a living and not have to worry about anything else and that so that would be having a hit podcast.
Speaker 4: So I guess we're on the same page. That's a good thing, are we though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was your professional goal not to go broke.
Speaker 2: I think that's an honest goal, right, but to do it with a person who I love doing it with. I think that was also during all of this time this year where we didn't have a job. We were together NonStop, but we actually still study to each other. I miss working with you. I miss that we sparred a lot, but just just the challenge.
Speaker 4: Just the verbal sparring.
Speaker 2: We had fun with that. Yeah, I missed some of that banter. I missed being getting prepared for things and going places and covering amazing world events with you, all of that. So anyway, I hope that we can try to do more of that together. I wouldn't have nearly as much fun or feel nearly as much satisfaction doing something alone. I think once I've realized how fun it is to have that dynamic and that chemistry, I don't really want to do anything on my aunuman. I will if I have to, but that's my goal to stay with him and to pay my bills. Yeah, and in terms of Newer's resolutions, sometimes I make them. I haven't thought of what mine is for this year. I think it's just continuing to to be a better person. I think for me it's more internal.
Speaker 1: I just want to can you start that today? I mean, why do you have to wait January one?
Speaker 2: It's just maybe like a it's just like a mark in the calendar just like a reset basically, so you can be.
Speaker 1: A jerk from now until the end of the year. But January one, No.
Speaker 2: It's just a reminder that you know. I think you said this actually in the last podcast, and I've tried to live this for the last several years. But zero judgment. I don't want to sit on any throne and cast judgment on how anyone else lives their lives. And I've been doing that, but I sometimes I think it's just nice to have a reminder January one, this is who I am, This is who I'm going to be, This is how I'm going to live.
Speaker 1: Wait cast judguently anybody else is what do you want to.
Speaker 2: Gossip and talk crap about people?
Speaker 4: All that is. It's such an easy.
Speaker 2: Reflex because it makes you feel better about whatever you've done. I think when you make a decision, I'm not going to partake or do that anymore. And I'm definitely there, and I will remind myself on January one this is who I am and how I'm gonna live. But I'm doing it now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna remind you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Debbie asks, would you guys get a tattoo for each other.
Speaker 1: How do you know we haven't already, Debbie. We'll leave it at that. Got a tattoo. That's more of a commitment than a marriage. Should we just tell everybody we got tattoos, we're married, and we live together.
Speaker 2: Those are his New Year's resolutions. Actually, he didn't want to say it. But back to the last question.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: The last question comes from Grace. She asks, did you guys have any reservations about working together again?
Speaker 2: No? None, whatsoever.
Speaker 1: No, it was the goal, right, It was actually the goal. And we even formed partnerships together where our agency together, and part of it was to to make sure they were looking for opportunities for the two of us. Look, there will be some individual opportunities as well, but this is great. We do love working together and.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we can do it for a long long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's an inside joke. But oh my god, I got I got it from a I think I got it from a Family Guy episode. But I say this to her all the time. Chris Griffin said, if anybody watch this Family Guy he had he was dating this girl and she was out of his league, and she thought he was just being kind of a jerk and wanted to be with her because she was popular, and he said some line about no, I don't think any of that stuff. I think you're nice. I enjoyed time with you. I think you're really pretty. I hope we get to be together for a long long time. So I say this to her all the time about our relationship. That's so just to let you in on why we will.
Speaker 2: He says that to me at least once a week. I hope we get to be together for.
Speaker 4: A long long time. I thought it was the perfect way to answer that question.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, all right is that? Thank you? Thank you for that grace.
Speaker 2: So tej I think you have your New Year's resolution.
Speaker 1: Now for yes therapy for us.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say to keep working with me on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, contractually, I don't have it. I don't have a choice there who it was making the argument that we working together is actually a stronger commitment than actually getting married.
Speaker 2: I think that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yes, I will be here with you onward.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: But you said that enough, Okay, we're out of here. We see y. Also, bye bye. Pots.
Speaker 3: The two things