Speaker 1: Me, me me, you know I got the sauce.
Speaker 2: Hey, No, it's a little more like you know, I'm sauce.
Speaker 3: Hey boom boom, yeah boom, slow and steady, both servant pan.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's Cat and Maddie and we all live right now. We're about to give you all the volleyball news coming through hot in Istory.
Speaker 4: Girls. Now it's seving pancakes. Bow bow bow.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we are back. What's going on in the volleyball world right now? We're announcing everybody and their moms to our Can you excited?
Speaker 4: Hold your horses? Can we talk for a second? Damn? Like, can we say?
Speaker 2: Hey, hour of July?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I did see you.
Speaker 1: I just talk about that exactly, like exactly Mattie came.
Speaker 4: To Miami to visit me for what you were here for? Three days? Three days?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that, something like that. Hold and we had a great time. It's a great time.
Speaker 2: I almost died at an NFL workout, but I somehow made it out a line.
Speaker 4: You didn't, Mattie. You're built for this.
Speaker 1: Know. What's funny is I didn't tell you this, but they were asking me. They were like, so, where's your friend? And I was like, they wanted me to come hold the slides for them. Yeah, I was like, yo, it was I was like, she was only here for the day whatever, and comparing like one of the guys made a comment to you know who. It was like just let you know that thing was saying something like that, and I was like, we must, can we not?
Speaker 4: Can we just work out and not be worried about it?
Speaker 2: I just work out and just girls just don't look at me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean we were getting after it, but it was so hot and humid and disgusting, Like I truly felt like I jumped in a pool after that workout.
Speaker 4: We did that one we did the studio three.
Speaker 2: Kat was so Kat was so tired, So what did we do first? First we get there and Kat's like, Oh, we're just gonna go do a lift. And so we go into the weightlifting gym and we're going through a little workout and I was like, Oh, I feel so good after this.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: And then Kat was like and then normally they go to the turf after and I was like the turf and it was like horror on my face.
Speaker 4: I felt like and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, what do we do on the turf like run, pull sleds like fox shoves, and I was like, you gotta be joking.
Speaker 1: And we did all of that, and originally we weren't going to do because I just wasn't up to it and I was kind of tired. But I was like, you know what, let's just give her a warm welcome, you know, let's just get right to it.
Speaker 2: It was warm, I'll give you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she didn't get it, but get on the boat, y'all. Maddie.
Speaker 1: Definitely my first noise complaint. Maddie goes on to the balcony and yelled, I mean so loud. Go to my Instagram be the video, yell so loud.
Speaker 4: What'd you say?
Speaker 2: I just screamed, Miami, Because when you walk out of Cat's apartment onto the balcony, you can literally see like all of the water. What is the water right there, the little the area where.
Speaker 4: Bay Biscayne Bay. Yeah, I was that Miami.
Speaker 2: So the neighbors were like hello, and I was like, was that you Cat?
Speaker 4: She's like, no, that's that was definitely.
Speaker 1: Somebody definitely said like hello or something like that.
Speaker 2: The person said hello, how was your fourth of July?
Speaker 4: Fourth was good.
Speaker 1: You know me, I'm the host of the Moses, Hostess with the Moses. You guys, I'm like stuffed up from a science infection. So my words are not coming out there I want them to. But I somehow ended up hosting a fourth July party at someone's house who had just moved in to their house, like maybe not even maybe three weeks ago. Maybe you cooked. I know you went in there and you were cook, cooked, cleaned, sorry, put up the grill, like help put up water slides.
Speaker 4: Like I didn't come here for that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I was supposed to come here to be relaxed and be part of the festivities, and I definitely was not.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I feel like, you are always the person who is like taking care of other people, and so you will always find yourself unfortunately in that capacity, which is like a really amazing quality that you have but also can be overwhelming at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I also feel like that just wasn't my plan. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I think I definitely was hyperjacked, hijacked in the situation because it's hyperjected because for me, it's like, you know, you invited all these people.
Speaker 4: Who are my people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They're my family, and I don't want my family to come in a place that's like not ready to host people when they could have gone like somewhere else.
Speaker 4: But yeah, anyways, but it was great. Besides that, it was great good.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that the fireworks you see in the sky you can buy those and put.
Speaker 4: Them on the ground and do your own firework show. So we had our own firework.
Speaker 2: She never went to Mexico and bought your own fireworks. Yeah, but not those kinds like these are these are the big ones? Yeah, okay, speaking of those, I was at the angel City FC soccer game last week and there was a fireworks show at the end and they were like shooting them from the field in one shot into the crowd. Everyone was fine, but like we were sitting like field side, and then literally right next to us like in the next kind of sweet area. It was like boom, But I think it didn't directly hit somebody, but it was terrifying.
Speaker 4: Lawsuit, lawsuit for sure.
Speaker 2: Sorry lawsuit anyway, So fireworks do be crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a good time. He had a little show. At one point.
Speaker 1: It was almost like some other neighbors also had like big boy fireworks and it was also a competition and like you know who goes back to the fire stand and was like, oh, they want to light it up. Well that's lighted up, and like goes back by all these different fireworks are like four hundred rounds Madison Madison Scooter six. It was crazy and it was like ours was popping off on the sky. People were coming out of their house and like watching.
Speaker 4: Cars were coming down.
Speaker 1: The street to park to watch ours, and they were popping theirs off in the air like it was.
Speaker 4: It was cool. But you know who definitely was like they get out do us. I'm like, yeah, watch the sick Yeah. And he was like into it too.
Speaker 1: He had his own little rhythm how he was popping them off, and at one point it was like.
Speaker 4: It was crazy. It was a big cleaness that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but he's lit them off before the fireworks can be kind of dangerous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he It was giving pro That's what I was doing.
Speaker 2: My mom has a friend because she does like promotional sales, and so she used to do stuff for this company called Fireworks Production, and she knew this guy who literally like lit one turned around to light other ones and like blew one of his.
Speaker 4: Butt cheeks off.
Speaker 2: But these were like the mega mega like into the sky fireworks.
Speaker 4: That that's what we had.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, good thing. You still have your ass. But maybe you said it and I've seen that thing recently.
Speaker 4: You could have blown them both off. Well I do. He doesn't like you, damn.
Speaker 2: Okay, mm hmm, that's all what they said at the combine workout.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyways, anyways, so back to.
Speaker 2: Love Yeah works Fanny Big. We have a lot of new player announcements. I'm just gonna pull up the Instagram quick so we can just see some because there's a lot we're cooking.
Speaker 4: We cook it. More teams equals more players, a lot more players.
Speaker 2: And some of some of our good friends are coming over exactly.
Speaker 4: Some people are coming back.
Speaker 2: Also, Yeah, Stage is coming back. You got to play the Stage. She's doing great with national team right now.
Speaker 4: Exactly. She's doing really well. So she's back. Good for her. Who else is back? Who else is coming in? Nati?
Speaker 2: We have some big names coming over from MLB though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Shampoo, I would love to playing with her. She's so good. I love playing with her in the other league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we played athletes unlimited with her shampoo, Nati, Sarah will Hyella, come on, who else we got? We got some big names, so we got some youngsters suit Sydney Hilly whoa Today.
Speaker 1: I wonder if, like all the super fans are going to train Chinco were to like love because Supernova fans they love them.
Speaker 4: Some brook like they go because of her to most of them. Yeah, I wonder where.
Speaker 2: We don't know where anybody is going, but it'll be fun to kind of see when rosters come out, hopefully soon.
Speaker 4: I'd be deep in those comments.
Speaker 1: I love three people's like guesses and what do you think is you're gonn to go? Some people are like kind of upset about other players, like transistioning.
Speaker 4: Over and that kind of stuff. You gotta read the comments on those posts. They're funny.
Speaker 2: As I glance at the comments, sometimes you also realize how.
Speaker 4: Maing people don't really know volleyball either too. That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes reading them, I'm like, Okay, they have a good point, and then I'll read another one and be like, you don't you don't have a clue of what's happening. But you shall you should comment on this, which is you shouldn't have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wish you couldn't have.
Speaker 4: Thumbs down comments and you don't like them like put hearts.
Speaker 2: Didn't people used to be able to thumbs down. Maybe that was on Facebook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or just have like a gift from Mattie going boomoo. I would love that. Ooh, I would love that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of volleyball, so the girls are at where are they this week? Our national team is in Japan this week. I think they play Thailand today. But they've been doing great. They're seven and one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're the number one seed right now. Number one seed.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that that already qualifies them for finals week. I would be shocked if they didn't, but I think they're in.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 1: They've kept their roster pretty the same. I feel like last summer they were just switching a round every week. This year he's kept it kind of more because he saved with the same.
Speaker 4: Group of girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is good. You can get to gel more.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everyone seems to be doing well.
Speaker 2: They're killing it, so I mean, as long as you're winning, can't be mad.
Speaker 4: Hey, mom, now that I have an after school job. I think I want to buy a drum kit. Okay, rock Star, let's look at your account.
Speaker 5: When kids start making money, Chase has easy to use tools and expert bankers to help them learn how to manage it.
Speaker 4: And next month I'll buy the bass drum and the symbols. Oh and maybe some noise canceling headphones for you.
Speaker 2: Ah, you've thought of everything.
Speaker 5: Help kids save budget and build financial independence, all with Chase. That's good for kids and good for parents. Visit your local Chase branch.
Speaker 4: And get started account subject to approval. JP Morgan, Chase Bank and a member fd I S. Have you been watching any of the World Cup?
Speaker 1: Actually I watched my first soccer game all the way through last night when USA loss?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you think that you could have done what the goalie did or like stopped the goal where he so?
Speaker 4: Look, I don't know soccer me either.
Speaker 1: I know my lane though, and I know my area, your jurisdiction.
Speaker 4: What are you doing? Where are you? What are you told you could kick? You got to use your hands, like.
Speaker 1: Not even like he couldn't pick it up. He was out of his own to be picked up anyways. For you're too far out out of here trying to pick it up and too. It wasn't like he was trying to like kick it. He was trying to like juke, And I'm like, yeah, bro, kick it out, kick it.
Speaker 4: That's why you have to get back to your You're not good with your feet. Apparently that has to because you were that good at your feet, you'd be out there in the field.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm thinking that we could have been goalies like we if we if we were out there, we would have stayed right there. We would have kept the hands up, we would have monster blocked all those goals. I would have just do your job, don't try to overdo, don't try to get fancy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was unfortunate, but it was really how that was the farthest they've gotten in a while, I.
Speaker 1: Think, and that forever. I I was telling you know who, I was like, I don't think we've have been this far before.
Speaker 2: You Oh, they've never won a World Cup. Best ever performance in the tournament was third place at the inaugural event in nineteen thirty.
Speaker 4: Yes, you think they've never been that, They've never been that far in like a long time.
Speaker 1: Nineteen thirty yeah, that was a great depression nineteen thirty.
Speaker 2: That what it said, But the women have won four.
Speaker 4: Times women in sports.
Speaker 1: Give it up with a little lady, lady, shake you ass, if you a lady, shake you ass, if you a lady.
Speaker 4: As shaken ass? Can you ask for the ladies? Yeah too, men's to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy nineteen thirty. Like to leat that, just say never.
Speaker 2: But you know, I had to look this up today because I chat GBT, like why why have our men not won?
Speaker 4: Or why aren't they better?
Speaker 2: And it was saying that because a lot of men tend to go to like the bigger sports.
Speaker 4: Yes, NFL US blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see l ovb USA is not a soccer a soccer fall is comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just have more male sport options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like we're not good to our feet, we run and hit people.
Speaker 2: We run and hit people, yeah or yeah, or we play baseball or we play whatever.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I think but still just running really you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then it was saying that because of Title nine that we invested in our women's team like way early and that's why they've done so well.
Speaker 4: So there's that for you. I also didn't know.
Speaker 1: I was like, do national teams like hire players to play for the country, And that's what I think. You have to have some type of affiliation with the country too, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think it's yeah, yeah, you have to have some sort of like blood relative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like that. So would you say the World Cups like the Olympics for soccer. I believe so, because it's everything Olympic soccer.
Speaker 4: No, we need your help on this. Oh, this is got to be bigger.
Speaker 1: We know, you guys is not a soccer podcast, but we're just talking about it anyways.
Speaker 4: But you know, we're learning.
Speaker 2: Yes, soccer is in the Olympics official summer sport, so it's like VNL regulated by FIFA.
Speaker 4: Interesting, well, the more you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, also, we were supposed to tease this at the beginning, but we were going to watch some of our collegiate highlights today and interviews and react to.
Speaker 1: First off, I just want to say I didn't know better. Mattie knew better.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, I didn't know anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't know there was no social media really that that was like right when Instagram was starting to come out. Okay, I had my vice vine, MySpace. Facebook was like kind of their Instagram I think came out like my junior year.
Speaker 4: Maybe. Yeah, we didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know how to talk to the camera like there was We just have to preface it by saying.
Speaker 1: That Texas literally did not let me literally that's why they literally did not let me get on the mic for interviews or anything like that. And sale like just because have my mouth this like we didn't have only a lot of pr people just knew what not to say. You know me, I'm gonna say whatever, whatever the hell I want.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, what you're not supposed to say is what Kat is saying most of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they were like we cannot put her on a mic until they had to look at you now, but like devil that will more than my head fire in the background.
Speaker 2: But then put like a like wings on me and like the angel I know, don't do that. Okay, let's let's watch some of them. Don't make me go first.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was a great experience.
Speaker 2: It was to meet the other girls. A pack of the best players is an awesome experience.
Speaker 4: The play was that is such a hot Oh, it's a big thing.
Speaker 2: If the other team can't pass.
Speaker 1: Then I'm glad you have like no emotion now, you know what I mean, Like you speak more.
Speaker 3: With your eyes.
Speaker 2: I think because I just I was like really nervous to talk to the camera really and maybe I was just bored.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But the one thing that stands out to me is what you need to know is that the pre wrap headband during this time, and like the low founding father's ponytail.
Speaker 4: Was like all the rage. So no jewelry, no earrings.
Speaker 2: You couldn't play with jewelry r earrings.
Speaker 4: Isn't that bull? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was illegal back then, so I used to, like I don't know why I enjoyed doing it. I would get piercings like every other week, but I would always just put the clear things in them because during volleyball, you if they saw them, I don't know, you either had to take it out or like you got in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Honestly, for me, what's funny is how close we are now and how like our friendship is.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I know we're the same person.
Speaker 1: There's no way, like like I know I've been like this for a very long time.
Speaker 4: There's no really like.
Speaker 1: You've changed and became who you are today, like you've been like a good personality.
Speaker 2: And I don't, I don't, I can't, I don't know. I'm I'm bored watching myself speak in that. I need a little more emotion. I think I was just what look at me now, we're just we just don't care.
Speaker 4: I just don't care.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's watch on them kat.
Speaker 4: Hair on fleek. Wow, a little bit of stare down.
Speaker 1: This is pre veneers, please stare down and catches.
Speaker 2: The vibe and stuff like that in the last four years.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this hair is supposed to be blocked by the way team name it was getting there.
Speaker 4: Girls, that's a really sweet clip, is that? Yaka? Yeah? I played with all the greats, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then that's Hailey Eckerman, right, Yeah, I played my first pro year with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's great. I talked to her today. She's gonna come to visit. Like senior outside hitter, that's wrong. I was a senior because.
Speaker 2: You were literally a middle and an outside and opposite during your time there.
Speaker 4: True, you didn't play little Barrow.
Speaker 1: Too one game actually, that's the kind of funny one game.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, let's watch this.
Speaker 2: Okay, this knee brace, that's what I remember. I remember the knee brace like it was yesterday. The high I s okay, you're hitting o T What year was this you're playing?
Speaker 4: Is that you look at Chiaka? No, it's Chiaka.
Speaker 1: We did this thing where like Chiaka, Molly and Chiaka like Chiaca would play middle and then play the right side, and Molly would play right side and then play middle and they would switch when I was and you know, Molly would come in. We did a dub sub or something like that, and Molly would come in. She's now chess in the middle. I'm on the slide, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I don't know how Yeah, you're in the middle now, Okay, then calm down.
Speaker 4: That's what it's about. Sex's plays. We love to put those horns up. That's che of course it is. Yeah, I remember I did that.
Speaker 1: I'd be ringing a slide and then she'd be ringing quick and somehow we would switch. Maybe it's a freeball player or something. Yeah, but she played opposite most of her freshman year. No way, set the slide. Look at her now set they what's funny is I did things for Texas that most players would transfer for. Oh imagine being a seducation outside and they come in to you and being like, hey, I don't think Hailey was really playing that much at that time.
Speaker 4: Yea, and our.
Speaker 1: Middle blockers we had big middle blockers, but they couldn't close.
Speaker 4: The offense was too fast. You know, Texas were in a high offense, so in practice.
Speaker 1: Our middles were a bit slower just because our offense that we ran was higher, so we played against teams that were a faster offense.
Speaker 4: The block was.
Speaker 1: Terrible, and I think Eric was the one that sat me down, was like, hey, like we can't close the block, and we know you've had some experience like playing middle, Like would you like transfer to the middle for us and play middle? And I was just like freshmen, just like whatever the team needs, like yeah, like I'll do it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And I did that.
Speaker 2: But honestly, being a being a utility player young and not specialized, I feel like helps so much more like my skill set even now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I started.
Speaker 2: As a middle, I played opposite for a little bit. I played a passing outside, but then like overseas, there were times when we needed someone to fill in for an opposite, I could go do that. I could go like anywhere. Okay, now I would hate to be a middle, but it's it's such an advantage to be able to do all of the skills.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to like kind of be a little pissbout it about myself because I think that like doing that, I wasn't able to train my platform as well as I should have, you know, to be an ounside hitter, because I can hit really well from that, from that, from the four. But I will say it's like develop my game because I wasn't focused on hitting and passing. I've developed my game pretty much, really good far as like setting out a system or setting in system, or playing defense or you know, hitting on both.
Speaker 2: Sides, setting into We saw you do that a lot this year.
Speaker 1: True, setting in system, let me set the ball, just get out the way.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that was that was hell of fun.
Speaker 1: But yeah, back in the day, back in those days, what advice would.
Speaker 2: You give to the college version of yourself?
Speaker 4: I would just say, enjoy enjoy the moment.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like we spend so much time thinking like what's next, or so much like I have so much anxiety about the past or what we need to do, those kind of things, and I feel like I was always just so anxious and I just wanted to do everything and be good at everything and impress my coaching staff, and like the result was gonna be the result.
Speaker 4: It was the result anyways.
Speaker 1: Because I was a hard worker and like, obviously my life has turned out.
Speaker 4: To be amazing.
Speaker 1: I would just say, like, I wish I would have enjoyed being there more, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, honestly, I would give the same answer. I was gonna say, just enjoy the ride, which I do think I enjoyed it a lot while I was there, But like you don't really realize it when you're when you're in the moment, you know, you're just like, oh, like I'm gonna be here forever.
Speaker 4: No, that four years goes really fast.
Speaker 1: So I remember my freshman year, I was like I was there and I think it just started like preseason or like in the preseason, going into the end of the summer, the summer season and going into preseason, and I was like, hell, I was like just finish summer workouts and stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I have four years to do this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, that's a long time, and it goes by like that, yeah oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But when you're in the like brutal workouts, you're like, this is gonna be forever. What's something that you didn't appreciate about college volleyball?
Speaker 1: I guess more I appreciate our practice time a lot more than I did in college. You know, like I take practice like really serious now, like to the point where like like don't come in here if you're gonna like not give it all and like not work hard because it takes away from the group.
Speaker 4: I take that very personal.
Speaker 1: I think in college I always definitely more of like passive with it, just like okay, it's practice, like here we go again, like blah blah blah, unless like I you know that kind of thing. I think I had the appreciation a little bit better after my injury. But also like the help you have, you know what I'm saying, That's what I would say all kind of stuff too, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like the facilities, the amount of help, just the access to everything, Like, yeah, people are all about you. And I feel like once you go pro well and when you go abroad of just like fighting and advocating for yourself the whole time. Yeah, and I just feel like they're there to like make sure that you're doing well, You're passing all your classes, everything is going well, you know. Yeah, And that was something that I definitely undervalued.
Speaker 1: But I will say that because you had, you know, that standard, you expect that, especially at a pro level, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's kind of a give and take two kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But now that we were able to like obviously experience that, Like you can't as a pro you're not and you sign a contract with say overseas, you're not going for no boy, you know what I mean. And when you get there, like you know, there's some things that you just have to kind of roll with the punches with.
Speaker 4: But just something by John, you know.
Speaker 2: So, what's one thing you're glad you don't have to do anymore collegiate wise?
Speaker 4: School?
Speaker 2: I can tell you mineol, I hate to go into class. Mine would be for punishment. We had to do sled like towel pushes. At the beginning of preseason. We had to all bring like a two by four piece of w would and a towel, and we like nailed the towel to the board, and anytime we had a punishment, we would do I don't know if I can say suicides. We had to do like down in backs pushing the thing across.
Speaker 4: The floor for practice when you got in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you're like face down, ass up pushing this board across the gym. Whenever like somebody I don't know whoever killed the drill, it would be like okay, sled push and you'd have to go down back and it was so great.
Speaker 1: Jared didn't do that. If you killed the drill, you just got kicked out of the drill. And if you got in trouble with any type of thing, he wouldn't even waste his time for practice. He would just basically tally it up. And then you'd have a thing called a breakfast club. This is like when you got in trouble, trouble like yeah, missing practice, missing class. A breakfast club was a workout before the six am workout, so it sort of six you had a five am workout. Well, I tell you, I had like probably the most in history I will see.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna say you were eating breakfast a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was eating a lot of breakfasts. But baby girl body was tea. I was in shape, like super strong, So it was funny. It was almost like I would catch a second wind. And so I was always like beating people in races unless it was distance. I can't beat you in on distance shit, But like sprance wise, you can up to exit catch this dust.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That is crazy.
Speaker 2: If we were late for anything, we would have an hour on the StairMaster, but you couldn't hold on to the railing, so you just had to.
Speaker 4: That was awful. I had to do it one time.
Speaker 2: And then for our six am workouts, the like burner at the end, we would do stadiums and you'd go up and down all the way around the stadium in under three minutes. If you didn't make the three minute time, you had to come back in the afternoon after you did all your classes and everything after practice, and you'd have to try again until.
Speaker 4: You got to under three minutes.
Speaker 1: These people were nuts and you can't do it now, you can't do it now. Oh.
Speaker 4: We heard a lot of peop chancer even calling the laws.
Speaker 1: I was also like there was some girls who were like I want to say, there was like a weight requirement, but like if they wanted you to a certain weight or wanted you to be like I guess more in shape. They would acquire players to like do extra workouts and stuff throughout the week, which was fine.
Speaker 2: We would ever meet, but yeah, we had like body comp stuff, but it was never I don't think it was ever enforced, like you have to come and work out extra. I was a girl in college though I didn't know like probably the proper nutrition. So after I would take the protein shake, I would be like drinking the muscle milk in the weight room, and then that day I would go to Chipotle and I would get like a steak case idea and a burrito for later, and I would house both of those in a day. And like I was, if you ask ask anyone, I was like beefy when I was in college.
Speaker 1: Damn yes, beefe Yeah, my dumb ass one. I thought like I went vegetarian or prescatarian, and I just wanted to see how much I could lean out, like how it was when I got sick. Baby girl, head was big. Head was big, like one seventy five, fallen.
Speaker 4: Over like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't need to be like that, that was dumb. Yeah, Okay, if you were in college now and you got nil money.
Speaker 4: Baby, I'm rich, I'm rich, I'm rich. What would you spend it on?
Speaker 1: Honestly, like I'm doing now, like hair nails, whatever, real estate investing? Yeah, out of my mind, wasn't there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like it wasn't.
Speaker 2: But I feel like these girls now they have help.
Speaker 4: You have to. Yeah, they're they're they are helping them, you know, But like.
Speaker 2: Right, I would hope that someone would have helped us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they would have helped us for sure, But I don't know if I would have listened or not.
Speaker 1: I think I would have. But like I definitely would have bought a car. I'd be like driving a Mercedes or something because.
Speaker 4: That was cool. Then like you know, yeah, I feel like my parents would like what do you do? That's so stupid? Yeah, see that they wouldn't let me. What would you buy? They would lay what were you would have done? Oh?
Speaker 2: They probably would have made me invest it and then given me like some sort of allowance per month.
Speaker 1: That's crazy that your parents, your parents would have your parents would have took your money, my mom, I wouldn't have I wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: I don't think they would take it. I think that they would have been like, hey, this is like the smart thing to do.
Speaker 4: We need you to lock in and be.
Speaker 2: Realistic because if you blow all this, that's a huge mistake.
Speaker 4: I would have hoped they would have done that.
Speaker 2: But also I probably would have spent all of that on Lulu Lemon.
Speaker 4: Because Lulu hit like our senior year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't in the luluvays. I just like to wear short dresses and high heels. Oh my god, how mommy, someone's off. She's like, you always to go out looking like that and do Okay, I'm grown, a grown.
Speaker 4: Nineteen year old exactly. Do your teammates like you, be honest? Did my teammates like me? Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 2: But when I was a senior, we had one freshman Okay, our arena it was just a big circle all the way around, and you had all of the team's locker rooms all the way around it. And there was one girl that told me at the end of the end of her freshman season when I was a senior, we were like friends at the end, but at the beginning, she said, I was so scared of you or like intimidated by you. She was walking one way down towards our locker room, and she saw me walking this way, but I didn't really see her. And then she turned around and walked all the way around the entire arena after I had walked in the locker room, just so that she wouldn't have.
Speaker 4: To like interact with me. Oh that's it.
Speaker 2: Was funny when she told the story, but I was like, dang, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: This span actually tagged me into Florida versus Texas Wild Wild video. It was the year I think we won that championship and I ended up going back to watch like it was we swept. I think we swept Florida three zero, but like it was a confrontation, like a confrontational game, Like it was good.
Speaker 4: It was a good game.
Speaker 1: I was like that as actually like playing volleyball. Okay, it was in Florida, was like really good.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, anyway we can round it out here, but everybody make sure you're watching our girls USA playing in Japan this week at BNL. Watched them close out their last regular week and then finals week I think next week or the following week.
Speaker 5: YEP.
Speaker 1: Also being a lookout for some new roster announcements coming up.
Speaker 4: For Yes, the Love League.
Speaker 1: We got some things coming up, pretty exciting happening, So big things are coming, so stay tuned.
Speaker 2: But for us, I think that's it.
Speaker 4: Yep. So I'm Mattie.
Speaker 1: Rischel and I'm Kat Bell and we'll catch you on on the thip side.
Speaker 4: Clock them out day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna have to bleep out a lot today now the bleeps are cooling.
Speaker 1: Pancakes is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcast. Production By the League one Volleyball, we're your hosts, Kat Fell and Mattie Rachelle.
Speaker 4: See you on the flip side.