Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 1: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 3: Why the model as far as getting money to creators from day one, why is that so important? And if this works, how is it going to change the landscape of social media?
Speaker 2: Well, the first thing I think about is disruption. So if you're not pissing people off, then you're doing something wrong. So the first thing when I got the kind of the idea to really to even build the company, I knew that this is going to disrupt industries because people are always talking right now about TV and film music. We're having all these conversations about how these how artists aren't getting paid enough for streaming. How athletes aren't getting paid like the college players just got nil to be able to do those kinds of things we're seeing. You know, movie stars get their TV shows canceled, you know Easter Rays, rap shits getting getting take off, and now she needs to go independent because she can own her content and all that kind of stuff. So for me, it's like, I don't If I don't create an environment or an infrastructure where the community can own and monetize from day one, it actually puts no limits because it circumvents all the industries. The fact that you can pick up your phone and subscribe directly to a person changes business for every single person on the planet. Always say this, there's nobody that's on fan Base that is not a business. A business is a business ability to receive revenue or income for a product or service you provide. So for that very reason, by default, every single person on fan Base is a business. And so I think that the ability for us to generate revenue from day one, we don't have to figure it out. Their apps out here that have not figured it out, that are clubhouses not figured out how to generate revenue there's a lot of these startups that are in the social media space have not figured out how to make revenue but going to direct a consumer and allowing the user to decide what they want to pay for. And we're seeing that with younger kids anyway. And that's another thing too, it's paying like the future is, you know I was talking about when you see ky snot Kai is twenty twenty one, twenty two years old, he has about eighty five thousand subscribers to making four hundred thousand dollars a month. I can't see that as a human being and not say I could do this as an athlete. I could do this as a musician. I don't have to be a gamer. It doesn't matter. People don't want to see the kind of they want. So it's extremely important that you know, we we provide a new way for people to monetize directly consuming to circumvent all these these pillars that that block and rob artists and and athletes and and and in movie stars and everybody, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it's pretty evident, right, that's the way we can see cause and I we can see it what the athletes creating their own platforms, right, we just in Lebron he has a podcast.
Speaker 2: Now, Draymond comes to mind.
Speaker 4: What do you think is gonna take for that drastic change for people to say, alright, we're not gonna go with the traditional ways of social media. Something like fan base makes too much sense for us not to be part of.
Speaker 2: I think the first person that and I I'm looking at Kai now cause again it's it's so it's so interesting to me that he's making more money streaming with subscribers than rappers are making recording an album, putting it out and going and doing shows. Like it's like, you can still do that, but there's still a lifestyle and a personality that's involved of every We're all humans, so we all have social lives and funny and humor or whatever. So to be able to monetize that, I think that it'll shift when someone like him. And I've seen this before, Like again, there are these moments that happen that just have me scratching my head, like I can't believe no one is picking up on the fact that Bad Baby made forty million dollars in a year, you know for subscribers, Cosinot is making four hundred thousand dollars a month up subscribers, and everybody's just not dropping a plate of food. Let the the plate break and shatter and say, wait, what did not just here? Hold on, I'm not finna, I'm not finished. I'm not going to do all this extra shit when I can just really create and live and exist on social media and have fun and then and then monetize and and and still you know, have the same, you know, the same experience.
Speaker 3: So do you think that this will be beneficial for the every average day person, right, because everybody thought it'd be costing not. Yeah, So the average person that has a thousand followers, Yeah, they're not gonna make a lot of money. So why does fan base make sense to them?
Speaker 2: Well? First, okay, so I'm gonna say this because I'm gonna talk about the investment portion real quick. When I first started to on start Engine, the minimum to invest in fan base was two hundred and forty five dollars, right, the minimum to invest in fan base now it's three hundred and ninety nine dollars. It's the minimum to invest start engine dot comflas fan base shout out. But what I say is more important than that is that there are hundreds, no thousands of users on fan base that have made the money using fan base that they invested in fan base. So it's not about I'm not telling everybody to get on here and think that you're going to be a multimillionaire. But I do believe that most people have enough money to make monthly the ability to pay their rent or you know, to get gas or put food in refrigerator. I see people making that amount of money. I see a user, you know, making There's a user that's made ten thousand dollars this year that has less than thirty five hundred followers, an extra ten thousand dollars a year like the average american's ally's forty thousand dollars. You're making a quarter of what you would have to do to get to make the bare minimum as a salary in this country. Just making content. And it's it's not like you have to sit live and stream all day long. You post content. People subscribing, they make that money. So if I can make somebody, if I can make enough money to put gas in my car just by posting content, I'm with it. If I'm a young kid, of course I would do that. If I can feed feed myself. I don't have to. And then that's just that's like one hundred subscribers. Again, if you know, you get five thousand people, five thousand people are a small number of people when there's six billion people on the planet. For five thousand people paying you two thousand and fifty cents a month, it's twelve thousand, five hundred a month, one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. That's more than ninety seven percent of Americans make. And that's just five thousand people. So it's like, it's not you know, if if we took that down, like I said, we took that down to five hundred people, you're still making fifteen thousand dollars a year. Who wants who? Who? Who wants to turn extra fifteen thousand dollars a year in America? Like just about making content. It's like it's it's a no brainer to me.
Speaker 4: We spoke two years ago from your first interview and from all the signs, right, people are making money. Right functuates depending on the user, how many people uh followers they have, the.
Speaker 2: Company's making money and it's profitable.
Speaker 4: I ask you then, So I ask you now mergers and acquisitions is always a part of business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have the phones been ringing?
Speaker 4: Even more so as you continue to innovate, as you continue to what I see you disrupt social media in a sense where you can start revolutionizing thing.
Speaker 2: Have the phone calls been coming in just for no, I'm gonna tell you why. Yeah, And because fan base is a I always say there's two phases to success in building businesses. It's to beat him phase and it's to join them phase. We're still in beat them mode. They're still sitting back, like I'm want to see here really gonna raise his seventeen million dollars and really like change the game and the way that he does. One thing people, one thing that Trump's race is green is money. And so I and I think I've had the best, like you know example in someone seeing the way that Tyler Perry built his business. At first it was our beat him. Then it was like, oh well, now we got to join him. You know, at some point in the beginning there were no deals, but then it was TBS and it was a lion's game. There was owned and then it became Netflix and Amazon and now it's like okay, cool, it's BT's like okay here, so fan base is always until we get the we're gonna be in the beat him phase because this is this is majorly disruptive in the way that I say all the time. Again, it's like, I think that this is one of the most pivotal moments in technology, social media, and wealth building because we've never been here before. Like you cannot name a time that there's been a social media company that's been founded that allows the public to invest. So now anybody without restriction can actually own part of something that they use, and then there's no limit into how fast, you know, or how big these companies can get. When you're looking at Facebook as a market cap of two point two trillion dollars, I'm not even thinking about two trillion. I mean, granted, like cool, I think Facebook is something that's like a one in a lifetime, you know company, But there's still companies. Even if you remove Instagram from Facebook, it's still a three hundred billion dollar company, you know what I'm saying. If you're looking at TikTok separated from bytdance, it's still probably one hundred two hundred billion dollar company just evaluated one sixty. Yeah, So I'm like, do you understand, Like how how okay? So now so think of that. So think of now one hundred and sixty billion dollar company that's owned by people that look like us. We ain't never been there before. I don't even know who the richest black person on the planet is. I'm only worm like nineteen billion. What's the riches about nineteen billion? Legal didn't go to Yeah, yeah, like nineteen billion. So I'm just saying like, yo, we ain't never. We ain't never. And my point is for us to really build and make and transform wealth, not only is it. And my goal is not to be worth more than nineteen billion. My goal is to create ten or fifteen other people that are worth are multi billionaires because technology is the fastest way. I heard Robert at Smith say this. He's like, technology is the fastest way to do it wealth. In this textrum, it's like all the eight of the top ten richest people on the planet are in technology Oracle, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Eli with Tesla in acts is like, it's like, yo, those are all the people. Only people. Bernard or naw is the number one guy and he owned every other brand in existence. And you know in the Berkshire Hathaway. You know what I'm saying. But it's technology. So we're in a we're in an unprecedented amount of a time because ownership and equity in these in these tech companies. These are companies that can be worth one hundred billion, you know, like one hundred billion dollars, one hundred and sixty billion dollars. It's totally achievable. But we've never been there before. And I think, you know, I think we have the the the unique opportunity to begin I was telling I was telling people here today. I was like, Yo, we get this wrong. You can't. Don't blame me because it's literally here for us to take advantage of. And that's why, you know, the rays that we're doing was so important because it gives it there's no excuses. Once I raise seventeen million dollars, I give everybody everything that they want. I give every If you want certain songs, you want, certain functionalities, you want, certain features you want, I can give you that in a year, like by the end of the year, I can give you most of the things that you want, and then we get to do the things that I want to do. There's some of the things that I talk about, Like we just launched branded audio on web and I was like, no doing that, And that's what I'm saying, Like, Man, if they're not doing this, there's so many other ideas that are available that we can do. So I'm like, again, they're gonna be in beta phase until they say, Okay, now we gotta go invest in it, because obviously he's gonna keep going. So.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you reach using our CBP Home app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,