Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. I kill just the bits.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody? I am doing the best bits from home because it is a snow day in Nashville. I hope wherever you are and wherever you're listening to this, you are staying safe and thank you for joining. So we have a lot to catch up on from the first week of the show back from our holiday break, and not only that, I have Part one and Part three this weekend with Mike d and Part one we caught all up on everything that happened on our breaks and if Mike did do a run club, which we had challenged him to like a couple months back in twenty twenty four. And then also part three we answered listener questions. So fun stuff on both of those.
Speaker 3: But if you're just here to get.
Speaker 2: Caught up, make sure you know that everything that happened on the show this week, then let's get into it. Lunchbox issued a public apology to a celebrity aka Caine Brown. Apparently they saw each other over the break at a Chris Smith's event, and Lunchbox may or may not have blown up his spot number seven.
Speaker 3: It's rare that Lunchbox says, I need to apologize on the air, so I'll just pass it over to him.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. Yeah, something happened over the break and I realized that later that man, I probably shouldn't have done what I did, and so I want to come on here and apologize to Kane Brown.
Speaker 3: Oh god, what did you? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: So I was out at this Christmas like event at the opry Land and it's like, you go, it's like an ice sculpture and you walk through it. And as I'm there, I see Caine Brown in line to buy tickets, and I'm not even thinking. I'm just like, oh, I know Caine. I see him in the studio, talk to him a few times, and we're friends. I went up and I was like, hey, what's up, Kine, how you been man? And he's with his wife and kids and he's like, oh, Mary, Christmas, how was your Christmas? We talked, very nice guy, and I walked away and then I'm like, oh, man, I just probably blew up a spot, did you.
Speaker 3: Well you know if you did, because then other people were like asking for pictures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw a People started looking at this direction and I was like, oh no, I wasn't even thinking.
Speaker 3: Did you say his name when you went up to him?
Speaker 4: And I said, what, I'm came, Well, it's just Cain though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I may I may have said, oh, Kate Brown comes. I may have said, Cain Brown comes with things like these.
Speaker 3: You said that Cain Brown comes to things like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, you love fine.
Speaker 1: And so later on I was just like, man, and so I've been feeling bad since that day. So Cain, I know you're just trying to do something with your family. And I remember Bobby's rule. They are with their kids, you're not supposed to bother them. But I wasn't trying to bother him. It was more like just saying hello.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't. And I think if you know the person, that's okay. If you felt like you knew Cain, you'd have been like, hey, man, what's up. Good to see you. That's not bothering somebody with their kids. That's two people that know each other well.
Speaker 1: So I felt like I felt like we know each other a little bit.
Speaker 3: Did you think you knew who you were when you went up to him?
Speaker 1: I think I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, how was he acting?
Speaker 3: He was coming in soon. Oh well, no, for sure, Yeah, and he'll tell the truth.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Was he like whenever you're like a big dog, you don't really know who it is. Was he like that with you?
Speaker 1: How's it going? You have a good Christmas?
Speaker 3: You know he was there, he didn't know you.
Speaker 4: Did he call you Lunchbox?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't remember, but yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Did you say you were lunchbox?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't say that. I just assume he knew who I was. But I did later feel like, oh man, he probably did. And you know, his wife was the one buying the ticket. She was at the ticket. Wasn't know and he was standing there, may have been even holding one of his kids, or his kid was standing next to him. I don't remember. But then I left and I was like, oh man, I probably brought the attention he didn't want. Caane Brown comes there.
Speaker 6: Did he have a hat on? What if he's all like dressed and like he got a.
Speaker 1: Hat for he had a hat on and scarf covering his face.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody that's in the moment for Lunchbox, we're gonna be silent. He's gonna sincerely apologize.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, So Caane Brown and his wife and kids.
Speaker 3: What's her name? Let's be respectful, obviously we all know her name.
Speaker 1: Caitly.
Speaker 3: There you go, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Is that really it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wow. I was like, no, there's no way she has the same name as Bobby's wife, So you just take my wife. I just thought, like, that's the first name that podged in my head, right, go ahead, Uh, Caine Brown and Caitlin and the kids. I know you were just trying to enjoy a time, a family time at a Christmas thing at the opry Land, and I, not thinking, just in the moment, went up and said hello and kind of blew up your spot. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the Frosty the Snowman exhibit as much as my family did. I was going I was coming out, and we were going in, and I just apologized from the bottom of my heart and hope we're still friends going forward.
Speaker 3: I don't think you need apologies if you are actual friends to begin with. Oh yeah, but thank you. Yeah, there's real growth in twenty twenty five for this guy over there.
Speaker 1: I'm growing up, man. I apologize my first apology at twenty twenty five goes. It came round and Caitlin Brown.
Speaker 3: Possibly as last if we know him.
Speaker 7: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two.
Speaker 2: After looking at some of our social numbers and analytics the whole thing, Bobby shared some big moments from the Bobby Bone Show in twenty twenty four. The viral moments, the funny moments, Amy moments. Yeah, they're all right here.
Speaker 3: Number six, Most viral show clip of the year. These are kind of the awards from last year. Went to Hawk Tua in studio talking about her relationship with the guys who uploaded that original clip that made Hawk to a famous.
Speaker 1: Have you talked to that dude than.
Speaker 3: You tell him thank you for what making you famous?
Speaker 6: Eh?
Speaker 2: Well, see, we reached out to him and I asked him to stop posting those videos, and he never did.
Speaker 3: He blocked us all on everything. I'm not telling him thank you for anything really, So you reached out to go, hey, would you chill on that? And he blocked you. I mean he posted one. I'd be like, oh, that's it.
Speaker 6: He would come another one.
Speaker 3: A few days later.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, maybe that's it. He'd come another one.
Speaker 3: Then I want that whole interview with her. That's like twenty minutes. It did so many views, and then she got wildly famous, and then she sold hot coin and she's gone, I'm going to bed now, good eye everybody, and never came back. She's still gone.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's crazy her podcast going to she's and hiding and she's actually really funny. And I was like doing a great job. But yeah, right right, as of right now, there is no hawk to it. Oh. Next up, the Amy moment of the year.
Speaker 6: I have no idea what this could be.
Speaker 3: Well. Of all last year, the number one Amy moment was Amy getting locked inside her own bedroom, of course, and having to be rescued. What she should have been here at the show. She's locked in her own bedroom, go ahead, yeah.
Speaker 5: Help actually is here working on it. So my kids I banged and screamed loud enough to where they woke up and tried to help and put in. But I called some people and so they're actively working on it right now. What am I supposed to do? Like we're to the left?
Speaker 8: Okay, Oh, I love it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hei, thank you so much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Amy.
Speaker 3: That's like one of those Chilean miners. It was trapping in the mine. For three weeks.
Speaker 6: That clip did ex edite things. I was in there for well over an hour.
Speaker 3: Locked in her own room. Hilarious. Next up, LOL segment of the year Eddie getting new hair and it was a great and the hair system the what some people call it tupe. It's not called that because this is a high level. It actually looked great. The woman who came in did did a great job. But it was just so funny because Eddie is bald and when you got hair, it is the talk of the town. I would just walk down the street. People don't even know me from the show, they'd be like, and Eddie got new hair his talk of the town.
Speaker 4: It changed my life.
Speaker 3: If you go back and just look at the open maybe we'll put some of this stuff back on social media today. Eddie getting new hair still makes me laugh out loud when I see the pictures. Yeah, that's a LOL segment of the year. The money maker of the Year Ray Mundo's Royal Caribbean stock rose more than any stock we invested in.
Speaker 1: Ray, you.
Speaker 3: Get the award for money maker of the Year. Money loser of the Year lunchbox is Palette. Oh yeah, big time. No, you haven't lost any money on that we have given money and not gotten anything back. Yes, And that was a freak out of the year two when he we thought he was gonna kill us.
Speaker 6: All the kill is strong, dude, that's true, at least kill.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was like saying he was yelling the F word. We were all in the it was on.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's a strong word.
Speaker 3: Okay. The article of Clothing of the Year, Oh, we know it, Lunchbox wears a hoodie to a black tie event the Cmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was black and white.
Speaker 3: It's true, and that I thought Lunchbox was gonna kill Morgan because Morgan was like standing up to I was like, no, we didn't think you were going because you showed up in a hoodie, so we're like, we don't think you're going. And they got into a big fight. It was awesome. Uh, congratulations to the hoodie. Tell it congratulations on its award.
Speaker 1: It's there on the bedroom floor.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, yeah, I haven't watched it yet. It's not the bathtub where you put your dirty clothes.
Speaker 1: Well, I actually emptied the bathtub trying to do all my laundry over the last you know whatever. Two weeks and there's still a pile that I didn't get to and I didn't reach my goal.
Speaker 3: So for those that are new to this radio program or podcast, let's walk to put his dirty clothes in his bathtub.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's what it's used for.
Speaker 3: It's a hamper, not a hamper his bathtub. And then finally the studio performance of the year. Now we have a lot of people come by and perform, and this got the most views on YouTube. It is a duo an he guesses two people. When we had the duo in this song, it was not a yes, it was not a hit yet. It was just a viral song on TikTok and I we got get him in and it turned into a massive song. But we can play. We have live version ray. Okay, we're gonna play. This is our number one studio performance of the year, Ella Langley Riley Green you Look Like You Love Me Live from the Bobby Bone Show studio. That was awesome. That was in our studio. That was the number one viral performance Ella Langley Riley Green you Look like You Love Me. Runner up was actually very close. This is one of those selfish ones that I was like, I love this band so much. They haven't like hit whatever whatever mainstream is. But I brought them in Red Clay Strays and from stage they did no one else like me, and I love them like if I pay money to go watch them, and I want to pay money for anything. We have a job where we get free tickets everything. And this one was very close. It was Ella Langley, Riley Green in this Red Clay Strays. I encourage you to look them up from our studio. Here's Red Clay Strays doing no one else like me.
Speaker 7: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two.
Speaker 2: Over the holiday break, Bobby has been dealing with some drones at his house. Yeah, not the New Jersey drones, No, these are different ones, but they are drones nonetheless, and he wanted to share how he's been dealing with them and what his countermeasures are about to.
Speaker 3: Be number five and so during the break, there were drones over my house and I'm gonna start with that. And my wife's like, are those drones? And I'm like, don't be crazy. I'm the crazy one. We talked about drones, these big drones, and I'm like, those aren't drones? Night too? Are those drones? Don't be crazy easy. This are drones. Night three. She's like, I think those are drones over our house. I'm like, it's like too big, look like airplanes. But they weren't moving. So I would then attach. I would look at the dot, and then because it was nighttime, and I would put it up like against a tree limb to see if it would move. So if I'd see the dot and I have it in line with the tree limb, and I would just say, it wouldn't move. And I'm like, maybe my wife's onto something better, vision, smarter, prettier all that, And so she goes look out the window. The stupid thing was low enough I could see it. It was a drone.
Speaker 6: What color was it?
Speaker 3: I mean, what's like, what's my handicap?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, hard vision anyway, only one good working.
Speaker 6: Hour, beautiful, awesome, amazing wife saw the color. She just yells, and I get that it's nighttime.
Speaker 3: She yells, and it's low enough though, it's like dusk, but it's like dusk plus where it's dark. She's like, look now you can actually see it. So I look out the window. I see the full drone, the four flopping and it's not like it's over our yard, like watching us, not that famous, who cares, it's like over the neighborhood. And so the nerdy part about this, I'm on PlayStation and playing with my buddy and it has microphones, and I'm like, oh, I got there's a drone. So here my buddy Steve heard the whole thing. So I get on and you can see all this on my Instagram, mister Bobby Bones, because I'm gonna put up footage today I have. I don't have the really good footage, but I have footage to show that these things are just staying still. So I'm like, I'm now convinced that's a drawn. So I got guns, and the first thing I think is I'm gonna shoot this thing down. I don't want a drone over our house. Why somebody. If it's just somebody in the neighbor flying a drone over, that ain't gonna happen. So grab the shot gun because got buck shot or spread slug, got bug shot, probably should get bird shot though smaller balls a little more spread to it. Whatever. So I grabbed the twelve gage and I loaded up, and like, I better look this up first and make sure that can nuts smart. And also we live in a neighborhood. There are no gun shots in our neighborhood. And my wife's like, don't shoot, don't shoot anything. I'm like, I don't want to do if a drone comes, like bye, I'm gonna shoot it down. I go and I google can you shoot down a drone? FA regulations? You cannot shoot down a drone for any reason makes sense. Can't be shooting up in the air. Okay, that's the first thing. So I'm like, what do I do? And they list out the rules if there are drones flying above you, what to do? Number one, put up a sign that says no drone zone. Okay, who's gonna give a crap about that person flying over with the camera's gonna be like, oh yeah, you gotta dodge this house. Number two they say, called the cops. You know who's gonna laugh at me if I call the cops? Ago there's a drone over us?
Speaker 6: Or maybe not these days, because.
Speaker 3: What are they gonna do. They're gonna show up and look up, they're gonna do this. Oh my god, there is You're right, okay, next up they say that, and this is where, oh, I don't know if I should spoil it. They say you can launch a counter drone. I bought a counter drone. It's not at the house yet. I bought a drone to go up and fight this thing.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have a war.
Speaker 3: I'm sending it. I'm sending a drone up to fight this thing.
Speaker 6: So, but how are you I wuna put a net on it, drive it, or pilot it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna sit on it.
Speaker 6: No, you pilot it from the remote.
Speaker 3: You're going.
Speaker 6: You're gonna know how to go get it right.
Speaker 8: To use it.
Speaker 3: Yet, here's the thing I'll worry about. One time at the mall about one of the little helicopters that was awesome. Yeah, it's it's so fun. And Eddie came over to the house and I'm like, dude, I bought a helicopter from the kiosk at the mall and you get on, but it flies up. We put it in the tree in seven seconds. That never came down. It's probably still up there in Austin, Texas. So I'm worried I'm gonna do that. But I spent top dollar on a fighting drone. Now it's not listed as a fighting drone, but in my mind. It's the drone for fighting, and I'm gonna send this drone up and I'm gonna because it says you can launch a counter drone to stop drones. So I'm gonna fight this drone. I don't know if it's the drone like this the government's doing, but they've been over a house for a week, and we're gonna have a drone fight. Okay, you ever seen top gun one? I haven't seen two, but I've seen one, and that's what we're gonna do. Well, I'm going full Tom Cruise on the drones.
Speaker 6: And drone's not armed, not yet.
Speaker 3: Okay. I'm wondering though, if I can put like a balloon in it with like acid or something and then I hit it burns, crashes.
Speaker 4: But what if it misses and then lands in somebody's house.
Speaker 3: See, that's what I worried about. If I doesn't allow that, I know. So that's been kind of the dramas. That funny to you thought they were being harassed by drones.
Speaker 6: No, No, I was thinking of you the acid dropping aids in their backyard, the dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're not worried about the gunshots, shells or I would rather shoot it down.
Speaker 3: That would be easier for me to shoot it down. But sometimes they're so high that there's no way I wouldn't shoot up. But this one was low enough where I could actually see it was a drone. I can see the four arms, the spinny arms.
Speaker 6: Are any of your other neighbors concerned.
Speaker 3: I don't know my neighbors, but this seems.
Speaker 6: Like a good opportunity to get to know them.
Speaker 3: No, don't care. They're probably in on it.
Speaker 1: They're probably the ones flying the drone.
Speaker 3: I don't want to knock. And they open up, and the the grays, the aliens, and I realized that the aliens of thin.
Speaker 1: Store to me people.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, but.
Speaker 3: It should be coming today or tomorrow. I'm going to learn how to fly this drone. I'm sending up a counter drone and I'm gonna I'm bringing this thing down and then if this one doesn't work, because I figure i'll fly this one or the trade it will come down, I'm buying another one, bigger and badder. Will you somebody look and see if they have drones that shoot.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they do.
Speaker 3: Can I get one of the government Can I get one of the government ones? When they fly like in the Middle East. Oh, the real drone, the real ones?
Speaker 6: Hope not?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, go hey r one a small arms drone that can carry a firearm of five assault rifle.
Speaker 3: I learned a drone on a shooting drone.
Speaker 6: This sounds like a terrible idea.
Speaker 3: I agree. I don't like it, so anyway, that's just that's my big story.
Speaker 1: Man. This one's got a Skynet drone defense. A standard twelve game shotgun can go with it, and that's cool.
Speaker 3: How does it hold a shotgun.
Speaker 8: Safe?
Speaker 3: I would rather hooking at like hooks on my shoulders and lift me up with a shot and that carries yeah, and I'm flying up with it and then I shoot the drone down. But that's that's the plan. In case you guys are wondering, it will end disastrous and this will cost me a lot of money and I might be in jail. But you can watch that. All the steps so far are up on my Instagram, mister Bobby Bones, because it's happening in a lot of places. We talked about it before it went away for break like the massive drone. By the way, I didn't say this the drone's big it's as big as my table here, and my table m six feet long.
Speaker 6: And when are you putting up the footage?
Speaker 3: Well, no, no, I'm putting up the footage of like the laws and me talking about it. What I have it? Not because it's a night time and drones can't see at night, which is the weird thing about drones. That's what he's flying over at night because they can't see at night unless they're looking for something like thermal gas. These drones are at night, so when you record your phone, all you can see are like a single light. But it's not an airplane because it's not moving. But I'm just sure I may put it up. I mean, I can't do it right now.
Speaker 4: So how big is your drone?
Speaker 3: Is this? Not that big? Can't afford on the big ones.
Speaker 6: Yet your counter drone that mostly I'm.
Speaker 3: On like a seeking like a monitor mission.
Speaker 1: Don't make.
Speaker 3: People talking the whole life. Size doesn't matter. Okay now I've been told, so I'm gonna stick by it. That's what's happening in my house. This could be a disaster, or I could be the guy that saves America.
Speaker 6: Not the storyline in your head right now.
Speaker 9: In my head.
Speaker 3: It's only gonna go one of two ways. I'm in jail. I save America, okay, and that's it. Keep u suz dud Oh, you'll know one way or the other.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I'll be on the news one way or the other for sure.
Speaker 7: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 2: Everyone on the show shared their word of the year for twenty twenty five, what they're hoping to focus on this year. Mike D and myself also shared ours on part one of the best bits if you want to get into that a little bit more. And I think Mike D and I have some very sentimental and important ones, kind of like Amy's. And then there's the guys.
Speaker 1: Number four.
Speaker 3: So Amy told us yesterday her word of the year is alignment. Yes, and that's why because you.
Speaker 6: Want well alignment with me and mind, body, spirit, like yeah, but not generically when I am at my core yeah okay. And then also my pastor alignment.
Speaker 3: I said something like she likes where she has now, but she wants it to be straighter or something. You move my back, No, you're like your life no, yeah, because.
Speaker 6: In alignment with my core values like showing up as my authentic self.
Speaker 3: Okay, we were all given the task of coming up with our word of the year. Well also got this voicemail just goes with the topic.
Speaker 6: Here morning studio.
Speaker 8: So happy to be starting another year with you, my favorite people. My best friend asked me what my word of the year is for twenty twenty five, and I thought that was such a cool and insightful question. And I'm still working online, but I'd love to hear what yours are. So what is everybody's word of the year for twenty twenty five? So happy to be with you guys, another year, another tripp around the sun. Keep doing what you're doing. We love you.
Speaker 3: Such a great call. Thank you for sending that for I guess you didn't email it. You called you Batween. Call us anytime eight seven, seven seventy seven, Bobby, that's our number. Anytime. Your word of the year, lunchbox moving, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Because you know me. I love a double meaning, so I want to be making moves like business.
Speaker 3: Inside joke from yesterday.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: If you didn't hear it, Amy's like you got know me. You know I love double meanings like we know you, But we didn't know that anyway, Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so making moves business wise, careers wise, trying to make money like deals, get my hand in this pot, get my hand in that pot.
Speaker 3: And then also they said pocket. I was like, that's stealing it. Got it.
Speaker 1: And then also just like like exercise, running bike.
Speaker 3: In just you need one word, he's an exercise, got it?
Speaker 1: And like, oh you know what I mean? Like, don't like you do walking? Like if I take a day off, no, I.
Speaker 3: Work out three or four times.
Speaker 1: I know this.
Speaker 3: I said much yesterday that I walked on off days and he's like, that's stupidest thing ever heard.
Speaker 1: But I don't do it as my main accent.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. But even if you walker, I've been labeled a walker.
Speaker 6: Don't let him get to your ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if if I'm not going to go run that day, maybe I go for a walk. I mean I got moving. He always be moving.
Speaker 3: Can I request of you you update us with what your semi plans are for this movement because you've been saying this for years and you never actually do anything.
Speaker 6: Business thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, business thing. Now that you just signed a word to it, it's kind of like moving. You sey your goal out loud, then you have to get to it, so let us know and don't ask us for our money.
Speaker 1: No, no, well sometimes I will.
Speaker 3: Okay, Eddie, your word.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see, mine's the opposite. Mine's slow.
Speaker 10: Oh so I want to slow down and not just like physically slow down because like you know, I still need to move and whatever, but like I want to talk slow, like you. We read these stories of people sounding smarter when they talk slow. I want to and maybe not on the radio because I'll get boring andybody do that, But in life I want to talk a little slower, maybe think about what I'm saying before.
Speaker 1: You You don't have to talk about this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no. He didn't judge you because you've never made a single move and you talk about a few years and he didn't judge you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, let me have my meeting.
Speaker 3: But yes, it's stupid. Both years are stupid, though, But I want you to I want you to stay off each other.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when I talk to people, I just want to talk, but.
Speaker 3: Don't talk like Freakin's Star Trek guy.
Speaker 4: I asked me a question, bones, Eddie, how'd.
Speaker 3: You day going? You know, it's pretty good so far? It should be contemplating in an annoying way. That's what you just did.
Speaker 1: But doesn't it sound smarter though?
Speaker 4: If you're like, my day pretty good so far?
Speaker 3: Are you on audible reading?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: I think you can talk slower if you feel like at times people can't understand. I should talk slower at times because I get so excited or even out in front of myself that I fly through words and I think for me, But I don't talk slower to sound smarter.
Speaker 6: I think thinking before you speak is wise. You're just smart pausing in between.
Speaker 3: Like when he's saying he counts fingers, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 10: You asked me how my day was? I don't think that hard about that, And you asked me a real question, like, let me think about it.
Speaker 3: I'll ask you a question, answer it, but slower than normal, but normal, Amie, how'd you day go on?
Speaker 6: It's really good?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 6: How's yours?
Speaker 4: That you guys are too fast? Sway?
Speaker 3: Eddie's just slow? Lunchboxes is moving?
Speaker 4: What you got?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I'm doing. It's not really a word, DGAF, It's an acronym. That's why it's an acronym. I'll say, let's do this, I'll say, don't give a crap. But DJF is the acronym i've I don't think in twenty years I've ever been late to work? Have I ever ever been late? I think I want to be late twice this year? Why because I don't I DGF like, but.
Speaker 6: Like, what's that going to look like? What's late? Is it late? According to you're late or you're just.
Speaker 1: So it'll be fifteen minutes early instead of thirty minutes earlier.
Speaker 3: Exactly. I've gotten myself so tight, so tight that yeah, I'm just I'm wild, so tight that everything has and it has been for twenty years that I got to not be. I think it's restricting my creativity just a bit. So twice this year I'm be late. Oh I can't even think about that.
Speaker 6: So your word could be loose, No DJF.
Speaker 3: Because I don't care about anything.
Speaker 1: Is weird?
Speaker 3: It is weird.
Speaker 4: Don't say that.
Speaker 3: What's're word of the your loose? I got a friend you should meet? No you don't.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: Mine is DJAY in just general, like I don't give a crap about I'm still gonna like be dedicated and disciplined, but like just generally, I don't give a crab.
Speaker 4: But bones only being late twice a year, is that really DG.
Speaker 3: I've not been late in twenty years.
Speaker 4: What if you're like ten twenty days.
Speaker 3: No, no, I've not been late once in twenty years.
Speaker 4: I know if you really don't give a car.
Speaker 3: If I'm late once this play, everybody would freak out, freak that would think I was dead.
Speaker 4: But now we know DJA Hey, who knows what's up with m DJF.
Speaker 1: If you want to be DJAF, just take a month off and don't tell us.
Speaker 3: That would be called dumb as if that would be irresponsible and lose job and get not get paid and we'd still come in or moving. I'll be moving, moving, I've moving and slow slow. That's it. Let's go.
Speaker 1: We're here.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Amy, everybody for your words.
Speaker 7: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Over the holiday break, lunchboxes in laws were in town for several weeks, staying with them, and let's just say he was complaining a lot before the break, but nothing like he's complaining after. He had a list of complaints about his in laws that he wanted to share.
Speaker 3: Number three, Lunchbox is going to do his complaints about his mother in law. I remember he said there were how long they stay for two weeks and they're gone.
Speaker 1: Now they're gone. They came Sunday the like eighteenth, and they left January two.
Speaker 4: That's a long time.
Speaker 3: It's two weeks long.
Speaker 1: Yes, long time to be up in the same house all the time.
Speaker 3: But did they come with the a we're going to actually watch the kids and give you guys free time? Like, was that the reason if they're coming to free you or did you just feel tethered to them?
Speaker 1: Oh, let me see what free time I got. Oh, the women went to the movies and saw Wicked, and the men stayed with the kids. So no, I didn't have any free time where I got to go do my thing. It was tethered do him the.
Speaker 6: Whole time and go on to date.
Speaker 1: Oh no, the women went on a date to see Wicked, but me and my wife we couldn't take time to go do something because she went to be with her family.
Speaker 3: Here's his top four complaints about his mother in law stay number four.
Speaker 1: Number four, What day is Christmas? Guys? What's the date?
Speaker 3: The twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to know a day? We had Christmas dinner December twenty sixth. Why yeah, because my brother in law wasn't coming till the twenty sixth, and my mother in law was like, no, we got to have Christmas dinner as a family, so we need to wait for him to get here. Excuse me. He chose to come on the twenty sixth. Guess what that means he misses Christmas dinner if he wants to be Christmas dinner, get here on the twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: Okay, team lunchbox, your team mother in law.
Speaker 6: Amy, Oh, this one's hard, But team lunchbox you are yeah, yeah, why their family?
Speaker 3: And you can do a second thing yea yea yeah, I'm team lunchbox on this one.
Speaker 6: I am. This is hard for me because I understand wanted to include the brother in law.
Speaker 3: You do a second one.
Speaker 6: It's your home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but isn't it just a day?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: It's Christmas Day? The day. Isn't it just a day?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: The day?
Speaker 1: Do you just cook it turkey on a random Wednesday?
Speaker 4: No, we did on Thursday.
Speaker 3: But it's like, why do it Thanksgiving? Why do it the November second?
Speaker 4: Like she said, though, to have the family together makes it.
Speaker 3: But the whole family was there, and they were she was at his house twenty fifth, But then you do something else on the twenty six. Okay, you know what, we'll go lunchbox one. Mother in law's eerro go ahead, thank you.
Speaker 1: Next number three. Oh, apparently I've been doing laundry wrong my whole life. Every load of laundry i'd go do in the laundry room, she'd follow me in there and be like, oh, that's too much laundry in there. You want to do about half of that because it won't all get clean. And you don't want to put that much soap because that's too much soap, and to wear your clothes. I mean, it was like I couldn't do laundry in my own house without having her. And she's like, can I say an annoying mother in law? Thing is the clothes don't get clean when you fill the drum the whole way. Okay, enough, I'm just doing my laundry the way I want to do it.
Speaker 6: I'm tea mother in law.
Speaker 3: I'm tem mother in law too, because I'm sure she tried to help. I'm he's exaggerating a bit. I'm sure there's some hyperbole here. And also, would you not just let her do the laundry?
Speaker 1: Then what's my clothes? She ain't washing my cloth? I wish you would.
Speaker 4: That's the perfect Then you do it.
Speaker 3: That's annoying. That's annoying. But I feel like it was coming from a good place. Yeah, and that you're probably exaggerating.
Speaker 1: No, Like she was taking the sheets off the bed and she was gonna wash them. I was like, here, I'll do it. She was like, oh no, no, no, you won't.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh my god, this sounds great.
Speaker 1: She was like, because you'll make it in one load, I'll do it in two, right, didn't do it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Save water side on her side?
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: Next number two parking.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you about parking. Guys. When I go to a parking lot, what do I do? I burned the find the first spot, I park, and I walk into the establishment. Oh, every time we went somewhere, you're really gonna park this far away? There's parker parking spots. Closer up, I bet you could find that's well, that's paid parking over there. Well, I see one right next to the paid parking that you could have parked that. Oh look, see two spots over there was a spot closer to the building.
Speaker 3: It feels like you're already very annoyed with her and anything she's doing. Now you're like super dialed into it's just awful.
Speaker 1: Oh no, And so when we're walking back out of the building, she's like, well, if we had a part over here, we'd already be back at the car.
Speaker 4: It's kind of annoying.
Speaker 3: Bones, that's that's kind of annoying. But how much?
Speaker 6: But she's laved her is walking a problem?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, she lies. He lies a lot.
Speaker 6: Factoring in He's like, I mean, she has a cast on her foot right now, but what's the big deal.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me number one, number one.
Speaker 1: This one's gonna blow your mind.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 1: Ready, you know you have bedrooms in your house, you have doorknobs on them.
Speaker 3: Familiar.
Speaker 1: Uh. Then last day she was there, she was like, you know what, She's been bothering me the whole time I'm here. But I'm worried the kids are going to lock themselves in the bedroom and not be able to get out. So we need to change all the doorknobs. So her and my father in law went to home depot bought all new doorknobs for all the doors in the house and changed them.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about the look of them? Though, before I follow up, I don't even know the difference. Good, So you didn't you weren't married to the first look of the doorknobs.
Speaker 1: No, they're just doorknobs. But I mean it was just like our Seriously, my kids are six, four and three. If they were gonna lock each other in the door, they know how to open a door.
Speaker 3: Now, I guess it's annoying that she's so loving and worried about your kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is it.
Speaker 1: Not crazy that she went and changed every single doorknob in our house because she's worried the kids we're gonna lock each other.
Speaker 3: She did, and I've said she checked with your wife.
Speaker 6: Yes, somebody had to.
Speaker 3: Your house was painted on the outside of their color.
Speaker 1: Their bedroom door. I already turned it around where the lock was on the outside so no one could get locked in. That was it. It was already done. But no, that is just not good enough. We had to change every single doorknob in our house so a kid couldn't get locked in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: A little odd, but from a very loving place. And I think that has to supersede Eddie.
Speaker 10: Don't you think it comes bound from a place where like, I don't trust you, so I am going to change all the doorknobs.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, but it's love. It can be annoying, but it's out of love. It's out of love. It's not it's not a I'm better than you, which it may feel like to him she's saying I'm better than you. I know more. I think it's just generally out of love.
Speaker 6: I mean, and it happens. I'm forty three and got locked in my bedroom and it was awful.
Speaker 3: So it's annoying, yes, but I hope that you understand it. Must it's really nice to have somebody who cares so much that it's annoying.
Speaker 1: No, it's great they care. But it's just like, really, we've never thought about the doorknobs. The doorknobs.
Speaker 3: Really, what if you'd have been like, I love these doorknobs, please don't change them, and they changed them, then I would be that sucks.
Speaker 6: But he acts like you know, man of the house, Like, why didn't you just say no changing?
Speaker 1: He's no, because here's the deal. It really worth biting over a stupid doorknob.
Speaker 3: But it's like you're on a show, on a national show and scream about it, and you know, shade your mother in law.
Speaker 1: Because I just thought it was strange.
Speaker 6: It is, what's an investment to doorknobs? Are not cheap?
Speaker 1: Oh you think they wouldn't got expensive doorknobs, Well they didn't, and look exactly the same. They're gold little doorknobs.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying, if they've replaced every doorknob, that adds up how many?
Speaker 1: I don't I couldn't even tell you how many.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know, he doesn't care. Okay, God bless you dud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was a week.
Speaker 3: Is a long time for Eve, your best friend, because usually she does come on to him.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I don't even look at the answers.
Speaker 3: No, all right, we're done.
Speaker 7: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two.
Speaker 2: While at Bobby's wife Caitlin's birthday party, Bobby and Amy learned a super incriminating story about Eddie and his wife being in labor. Yeah, it involved McDonald's and her driving herself.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 3: I want to do a segment called a good story, bad story. And we're gonna start with the bad story. It's bad about Eddie. It's no, yeah, you're not gonna like it. But we have a good story afterward to make it even again about me too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Good story, bad story. Okay, And the only reason I made the bed up because you sound like it's a jerk in this first story that I wanted to like, make it a good part too. It's it's old though. Amy's the one that reminded me of it.
Speaker 6: Well, I was reminded of it because his wife told the story.
Speaker 4: I know this story this is So are you getting.
Speaker 1: Upset because.
Speaker 6: His wife told it?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 3: Take it away?
Speaker 6: So she was in labor on her way to the hospital.
Speaker 10: You think that mattered second child in context that case, anyone's wondering.
Speaker 6: Okay, second child in labor. I don't really know exactly where Eddie is, but she's driving herself to the hospital. Okay, So what she was.
Speaker 3: She's going into labor and you're riding a passenger seat.
Speaker 10: It's worse because I finished it.
Speaker 6: To be clear, I thought she was driving herself because he was nowhere to be found. But Eddie was hungry, so she stopped at McDonald's and got him a McMuffin.
Speaker 3: You demanded a McMuffin, and she's driving herself to have a baby.
Speaker 6: Breakfast, and she continued on her way to the hospital and then gave birth to their Maybe the two.
Speaker 3: Questions one, why aren't you driving?
Speaker 4: Can I tell my side of the story.
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 10: So, we had already gone to the hospital four times because.
Speaker 4: He said I'm having a baby. So the first time this happened, we were like, let's go.
Speaker 10: I drove, I didn't get breakfast. We rushed to the hospital. Ma'am, you're dehydrated. No baby, we go home.
Speaker 4: Second time, I'm having the baby.
Speaker 10: I get in the driver's seat, no breakfast, drive the hospital, no baby. This is the fourth time. So I'm like, false alarm. If we're gonna do this, you're driving, I'm going to get breakfast and we'll get to the hospital.
Speaker 4: When we get to the hospital. Turns out that's a bad mote because we're having a baby.
Speaker 3: Right so I don't know. We don't have kids yet. We're gonna have kids someday. I feel like every time, even if it were nineteen times, I would drive exactly like they would never get to like a threshold of you. You've cried wolf too many times. You're now gonna drive prove it right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Am I crazy for thinking that?
Speaker 4: Not at all?
Speaker 10: Okay, I think I did drive to McDonald's and then she took it from there.
Speaker 1: You switched over.
Speaker 6: This is not the story I got. No, no, no, she told this story, and I'm telling you she was driving and she went through the drive through to get it for him.
Speaker 10: I was shocked when we got to the hospital and the doctor said you're having the baby.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, no, I should have driven.
Speaker 1: I mean, but in real reality you do have time to go to the drive through in most pregnancies.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, the doctor said the baby was coming out. I don't think you risk it. I don't think it maybe on the way back, are you dude? That's hilarious, man, I mean, so half of the story is true.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You made it worse though, when you said that she was driving, because Amy didn't even know that.
Speaker 4: My wife loves No.
Speaker 6: No, he made it worse, so you have. And he said he was in the passage. I knew she was driving, but I figured she was meeting him at the host but he was right there.
Speaker 3: That's so funny, only because four times it happened, he's like, well, I will not do the fifth time.
Speaker 1: That was like false alarm.
Speaker 4: Again, we're not rushing this time.
Speaker 6: Like in my mind, he was at work and she was like, okay, i'll meet you at the hospital. That's why she had to drive, and now we know he was available.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to do good story. I like this. That's want to leave this as it is.
Speaker 1: We'll do it.
Speaker 3: We'll do it in the post show podcast. I'll give you. I'll give a good story of Ed. I just want to let this sit in simmer because that's so funny.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's stupid. She loves telling that story though.
Speaker 3: Also the fact that you're like, oh god, this this is the one that had to be real.
Speaker 10: You know what's funny too, is every birthday, every time my son celebrates the birthday, we tell that story again.
Speaker 7: Mcmuffins by everybody, It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 2: A listener asked Bobby to share his most awkward or worst interview moments, and he delivered. So Bobby shared the top three. We were even talking about a news story where during a live interview a rapper like fired off a gun in his pocket accidentally. So yeah, this is all in here. But more importantly, you're going to hear the three most awkward interview moments Bobby has had while doing the show.
Speaker 3: Number one, this guy accidentally shot himself during a podcast, like you like put the gun in his pan? My gosh.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here. The incident happened on a podcast called One on One with Mike d different mc d than we have. His name is too Low, he's a rapper. He accidentally fired his gun while reaching his hand in his pocket during an interview and finishes the episode anyway. But here's a clip of that moment.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, and choices we got in life? Those were your choices?
Speaker 5: Who who?
Speaker 9: Somebody got shot?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: How good?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 1: Everybody go oh.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of the same where Dwight has the gun in the office and actually fires it. What because everybody should have been scared because anybody could have hit Yeah, did he shoot himself or did he just get lucky and nobody get like.
Speaker 11: A shot himself?
Speaker 3: Right? Right?
Speaker 6: Oh, my gosh, he did?
Speaker 3: He kept going with the podcast.
Speaker 4: I like how the hosts immediately just goes who got shot, like we would have been like what what? I don't know?
Speaker 3: Who is who? By the way, the.
Speaker 11: Guy talking to him was the host and guy who got who shot himself?
Speaker 4: Never said anything, so.
Speaker 3: That was all host.
Speaker 11: Did we ever hear the other guy kind of that low voice of like the groaning, Yeah, that was the guy who shot?
Speaker 3: Would you mind paying that again? Up till after the shot?
Speaker 9: And choices we got in life, those were your choices? Who shot who?
Speaker 3: Rapper tu though got somebody got shot? I got? And yeah, this was cool shot.
Speaker 11: He couldn't see like the like the puncture from his side of the room. He's like, what happened?
Speaker 6: But even still very casual. Somebody got shot?
Speaker 4: That's not how you would do it. But who shot who?
Speaker 1: I've been hit?
Speaker 3: I didn't even know if I've been hit. I've been hit, so I don't have any gun shot stories. But I was asked my top three most awkward interview interactions at number three, and it sucks she's sick right now. But it was Wendy Williams. She was on the show. It was a terrible interview. I asked her about something in a book she'd written, but she had come to promote an appearance at the mall, and she didn't want me to ask us something in the book, and I didn't feel like I was like taking any liberties at all. And then she was like, you'll never be me. And I'm like, this is bizarre, Dan, cause I wasn't being aggressive in any way. That's why I was so surprised by it. And because I literally asked question about Tupac. She written a bunch about her on Tupac, and she was like, you will never be me, and I'm like, what do you mean. She was like, I'm here to promote a mall appearance. I'm like, I'm trying to do a decent so anyway, I was like, well you can go, and she left right and then her and then at the time her husband at.
Speaker 6: The time, Yeah, I'm bodyguard too, husband.
Speaker 3: And bodyguard was like circling the building wait for me to come out to beat me up. Apparently I know. And I didn't even do anything to deserve it, Like I get it. Sometimes I say stuff and I'm like, oh, I get why they're mad. Not a great experience. Didn't like her at all. I'm sad. I'm sorry she's sick.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: All that that's number three, number two. This happened with us and I'm a big fan of Hank Williams Junior. That was awesome, but this video has gone even viral From the interview, Hank Williams Junior came in. I knew nothing of the fact that he was fighting with somebody about smoking in the building.
Speaker 6: A cigar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he's like, I want to smoke and somebody here rightfully. So I was like, you can't smoke in the building, fire alarms. Look good man? He and he he was but heard about it. I didn't know that. And he comes in and the whole thing's just awkward. But like I stayed true and was like, no, sit there and let's go, let's do this, because I thought he was kind of kidding, but he's also old. I didn't know there's a fight about a cigar. Here's a clip.
Speaker 4: All right, what do you want to do?
Speaker 1: Do you want to get out of here?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 3: Already we just little smoke my.
Speaker 1: Figure on, get the hell out of here. I don't like it. Now you understand? Can we leave?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: You just walking? I'm ready to go, all right, goodbye? I got half I got a twenty six dollars cigar out there, so I've got about, in the word of my uncle, about ten dollars fifty cents left on it.
Speaker 3: I never knew he wasn't kidding.
Speaker 4: I mean, we were still laughing the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I was like, he's being Hank Junior. I've heard, I never met him. Hank's being Hank, and he wasn't mad at meek I didn't know, but I didn't know there was a fight about a cigar either, But yeah, hilarious.
Speaker 10: I bet in his mind he was just watching that cigar burn to nothing while he's sitting in there.
Speaker 3: So many people will send me that video and go, I've never heard this interview is hilarious, and I'm like, it wasn't meant to be. So that's number two, and I have no I'm not angry at him at all. That's just him being him. It was just a really weird interview. And number one and only a few of you guys were at the house. But Sarah Evans, who sings Got SuDS and the Bucket and the Bucket Bucket Bucking the Bunch songs. Right, She's at the house and we're doing a Bobby cast and I have these two old chairs that we sit in. They're large, and she's like leaning back, rocking back in it. She's a coffee. She's rocking back and she wipes out, like dumps him boom, falls back all.
Speaker 6: The way back. Yes, I was there. Yeah, I was sitting in that chair right before she was.
Speaker 10: I have a mental image of her coffee being floating in the air, not in the cup, out of the cup, floating in the air as she was falling back.
Speaker 4: I can see it right now in my mind.
Speaker 6: And then it went like back in the cup she saw had almost the full color.
Speaker 3: When the guy falls and has his beer and keeps it up. Here's a here's a clip because we happened to be rolling as it happened. So it's not the craziest audio, but this is it.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 4: Have I met you? Yeah? Yeah, okay, oh my god?
Speaker 3: Oh no, first, are you injured?
Speaker 5: So hard?
Speaker 1: Don't move her for next? Broken so hard?
Speaker 3: Oh no, that is, let's let insurance know he don't grab your next she grab her neck. Everybody, Yeah, it was. It was. There was like three seconds where I had to choose my adventure do I get up? And I'm like, okay, are you okay you or do I just go hard and be funny. And I like Sarah and I did. I don't know her really well. I know her better since then, trust me. But she's quick and she's you know, she'll come at you. And so I went at her hard and she gave it back and it was ended up being great, but it was scary and she dumped, she wiped out, and she fell back hard. I just remember it for once. I like awkward, but I don't like it at somebody else's expense. I like awkward at my expense or being a part of something. And for a second I felt awkward. I was like, if I make this awkward, it's gonna be awkward for everybody. So I was like, boom, yep that Joe Chara got you, didn't it? And then it was just on yeah.
Speaker 6: Because for the first like, we didn't know what was happening, and we were I guess we were by mics, but I didn't even know because I was sitting there. I was like, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 10: For a minute there, I thought she was gonna get and me like, look, I have coffee all over me, Like I gotta go.
Speaker 3: She set up an hour interview crushed It. Shout out Sarah Evans.
Speaker 7: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: That's it for the best bits. Be sure to check out Part one Part three if you want some more content this weekend, or go check out my podcast Take This Personally. I have on actor Jesse Hutch. He is a phenomenal actor, but more than that, he's had some really crazy near death experiences, one of them being a drowning that he can almost recall the entire thing as it was happening. Really really crazy story. And he has a new movie out called Homestead, so go check that out. You can also follow us on our YouTube page at Bobby Bone Show, subscribe and check out performances. Except now we are making artists do public domain songs when they come in, so you guys will get performances on the podcast. However, you can still also watch them on our YouTube page. So lots of good stuff happening in twenty twenty five. Wherever you are in the world. Please be safe, Please take care of yourself. I'm thinking about everybody, especially all of our friends out in California that are dealing with these absolutely insane fires. I'm looking for ways to help, So if you guys have found any, please send my way. I'm happy to share them all right, everybody, have a great weekend. Love you bye.
Speaker 7: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 7: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 1: Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 6: Platforms and follow at
Speaker 7: Web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.