Speaker 1: This is Suckers. I'm Kilin Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared.
Speaker 2: Habn An iHeartRadio podcast. Hello everyone, and welcome to an all new episode of Suckers Kaylin's Corner. I'm joined by my husband. That's me, and pop culture is going crazy this week? Are you ready for it?
Speaker 1: Fill me in, Harry.
Speaker 2: Are you caught up at all on any sand of all drama?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Can you put your phone down?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, Sandoval did an article with The New York Times and let me just pull this up for you.
Speaker 1: Basically, Conn, put your phone down.
Speaker 2: Please, No compared Scandival. I'll just read you the quote from Tom Sandival's mouth. I witnessed the OJ Simpson thing and George Floyd and all these big things, which is really weird to compare Scanfal to that, I think, But do you think in a weird way that it's some way? I'm sorry, do you think in a weird way it's a little bit the same?
Speaker 1: So he compared his experience with two murders.
Speaker 2: OJ, Yes, during Black History Month, a white.
Speaker 1: Man during Black History Month?
Speaker 2: Are you serious? George Floyd was murdered, Nicole was murdered? What? So he said this, He said this, he said more.
Speaker 1: He does have a way of making himself to be a victim. I think is maybe what I've noticed with him.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I think that is a trait of narcissism, is like constantly having to get out of things and like not admit fault and place the blame elsewhere. But just like I witnessed OJ Simpson and George Floyd, it's really weird to compare, But don't you think it's a little bit the same.
Speaker 1: In what regard as he referring to specifically, do you.
Speaker 2: Know how big? And so the journalist tried to help him out a little bit, and she said she looked over at Riley. I think that's his publicist who was typing furiously on her phone. I think I knew what he meant. He was trying to express the oddity of becoming the symbolic center or nationwide discussion in a major news story. So he even pointed out that it was weird. But are you like, there's many other comparisons you could have pulled, not these, like George Floyd was murdered. It's just so crazy.
Speaker 1: I guess I kind of see where he's coming from. Once the publicist puts it into respective like it did capture everyone's attention for you know, a period of time. But yeah, I mean too during Black history about this pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: It's it is crazy, and I can't like props to the journalists for wanting to help him out. I feel like most wouldn't. Most would just like take that headline and just run with it. And everyone is pulling that headline and I couldn't even read the whole like I got it from TikTok because you have to pay for the article, so they're probably profiting quite a bit. But Jiji continue to say what he communicated instead was something more honest, which is just how much the experience made him lose pers which just how much the experience made him lose perspective. It's unreal and like the comments are obviously just awful. It's like he keeps digging grave people were over scanned of all and then he just keep saying crazy stuff. And I don't know if he likes it. Doesn't seem like he likes this attention or the headlines. But he goes on Nikayel's podcast, makes a fool of himself. Then he does the New York Times thing and just says the most idiotic and unbelievable thing imaginable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder he definitely likes it. I think at the end of the day, like he likes the people are talking about him. I think last week or two weeks ago, I was kind of supporting him a little. Not what what did I end up saying, Not that I support him, but I think.
Speaker 2: You said you're you didn't say your team Tom, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to be the time. Yeah, it's making it. He's making a lot harder for anyone that wants to have his back.
Speaker 2: It's just like despicable. Honestly, there's no defending it. I if you want, like, Okay, first of all, you're going to New York Times. They are doing a photoshoot for you, They're doing all the stuff. You know that you're doing this. You have to prepare in some regard, and you have prepared to compare what you went through to some like.
Speaker 1: I think one of the reasons I really one of the reasons that I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, which I don't anymore, is because I just don't like Ariana, And so then I'm like that makes me want to be team Tom. But yeah, I just I guess at the end of the day, you can just dislike both people.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think both are not great. And Ariana has proved that in this week's episode of vander Pump which I haven't watched, but Mattie, our producer, is filling me in that she's just been a bit awful and on the show. Yeah, and she has been the way that she treats Tom's assistant. Tom's assistant didn't cheat on you. You can't speak to a person.
Speaker 1: Like that that. I watched that episode when he was trying to throw his birthday party at the house that they share, and that's kind of my takeaway from it too, is how she was talking to the assistant, who like is so pleasant and you can you can so tell she's like so anti confrontation and yeat, Arianna is still treating her kind of like a like she's Tom Tom, like like she's the one that did her wrong, and it's like, no, you still have to be a decent human being. What happened to you sucks. That doesn't give you an excuse to just be nasty to anyone you want to be.
Speaker 2: You know, well, yeah, what happens to you sucks, but like move on and stop with Like she just has such hate in her heart. Yeah, and she's fueled by it. It seems time to move on, girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do I always say that you always giving crap for? I think they both could do better. Yeah, I think that they both deserve each other because they're both crappy.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting for some of yourself.
Speaker 1: Like I don't want I don't want to subject it. I don't want anyone to be subject to having to date these people because they're both bad, I think. And I hate saying that because like as a reality person or former reality personality, I'm talking about people that I don't know, and when people would talk about me that have never met me, it always makes me a little mad because I'm like, you have no idea what you're talking about. You have no idea who I am. So that's kind of why I like try to not you know, talk negatively, but just seeing what I've seen with these two, and.
Speaker 2: I do get that where we were on a show, we were on I was on two shows. You run a few shows, they're on multiple seasons, so they've been on the show for over a decade. At some point you have to see their true personality and like and who they are. And if you don't from that show, and you don't want to judge them from that show, which is totally fair, then you have to realize, like they go on all these social media. You can see who they are from social media. They're forty years old. Matty just chimed in, it's true. You can see how they are on podcasts, how they treat people. It's I get that you don't want to judge people from reality TV, and I totally think that's fair assessment, seeing as we've both been on reality TV, but they've both shown their true colors in many forms.
Speaker 1: No, you make a good point. I guess I was saying more like I wouldn't judge anyone until I met them personally. But at the end of the day, like if a tiger shows you at stripes, you got to kind of take it for face value. Yeah, and you're right, like what we did. Maybe that's kind of why I'm like hyper aware of it because the show we were on was like, you know, over edited and barely even about us. At the end of the day, these people are on ten seasons and they're the main characters, one of seven or eight or however many there are. So it's like you get a lot more of a glimpse into their lives, into who they are as people. So I guess you are able to form more of an opinion because of the information that you have is a lot more than they had on us. So I take back what I said. I actually do feel comfortable judging them now.
Speaker 2: Not that I love judging people, but given what he just said, and I just want to go like, you're preparing for this interview, and you probably thought of this quote. You probably were like, yeah, this is the right thing to say, Like he thought of.
Speaker 1: This, This is gonna this is gonna show them all they need to see about me, right.
Speaker 2: And make them feel sympathy for me. I think that's all he's trying to do is garner sympathy from everyone because everyone hates them.
Speaker 1: But I agree with what you're saying too. It's like it's it's coming past, Like scandal is a thing of the past a year ago. It probably still deals with some backlash, but like I like, people don't think about it anymore. For the most part, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think no and there's it's just like some deep narcissism where one like I get doing the show and trying to recover your name and do whatever you can and hopes to do it. But like Raquel, Rachel did the right thing by not going back on the show, Like that's I think the best thing you can do in this situation. But he wants to go back on the show, he wants to do all these interviews, and he just keeps putting his foot in his mouth.
Speaker 1: It's tough too, because you know that he is like he's wanting to repair his image, like that's definitely his goal, and he's failing so miserably at it. Yeah, and I don't know, like I don't really keep track of that stuff, but like just judging by what you've said here in the short snippets I've seen on the show, it's like, you know that you need to do, like change something, do something differently to get people back in your corner, and you're just not doing anything.
Speaker 2: All he needs to do, I don't know where his publicist is. He's probably gone through many he probably isn't listening. All he needs to do is just do a bit of groveling. Apologize, be sincere. But he can't even do that, Like every time he apologizes, he places the blame on someone else. He's like, I did apologize. He was just yelling at Lisa on the last episode. He's like, I have apologized, butt, And.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing I've noticed with his apologies quote unquote, is that's exactly it. He'll apologize and take an accountability for it, and then you're like, oh wow, he's growing and maturing, and then he'll say butt and then say something for the next three minutes that like completely retract anything, any ground that he had gained.
Speaker 2: And what he's trying to do too is just distract, like throw anything at the wall, distract, distract, distract. Because he brought up you didn't watch vander Pump from the beginning, but James, who you don't like, the British guy. He slept with Tom's so he was like best friends with Tom, and then he slept with Tom's ex girlfriend and so on. Not this latest episode, but the episode before he brought up to James, he was like, he screwed he screwed Kristen, my ex girlfriend with my condoms in my bed, and it's like dude, this was like twelve years ago. Like the fact that you're bringing this up and try to compare it with Raquel, it's so different. Also, the kid was like twenty one at the time, you're forty, and that's all he wants. He can't take ownership. He asked to be like, Okay, I made this mistake, but someone else made a worse mistake. And I feel like there are narcissists out there who we've seen this, like do this before, and it's just so frustrating. How have you not learned?
Speaker 1: The fact that they're forty is really mind blowing to me. Yeah, because when we were kids, like forty years old is that's like your parents' age, you know, they've got their stuff together, they're mature, they whatever. But these guys are forty years old and they're saying and doing all this stuff. I hope I'm not doing that when I'm forty.
Speaker 2: No, there's no self awareness and no accountability, and it's yeah, it's crazy. And Arianna, I just also I'm not a publicist, but maybe you could be a little bit.
Speaker 1: Nicer if Okay, So here's the thing with the Ariana. If she what like we've already established what happened to her sucked. There's no there's no denying that if she was just like a pleasant, nice, kind person, even after all that stuff, she would be received so much more positively than she is now, you know what I mean, Like you're allowed to be better for however long you want to be, I guess. But if you had moved past it, and you would, like if you could show us that it that you're not affected by on a day to day basis, and you don't like harbor all of this anger and animosity towards someone, it would, in my opinion, at least like give me a reason to kind of like celebrate your perseverance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like seeing her just like still be better and angry and mean, it just makes me like it's like, get the hell over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, no, it's so true. And but I think from her perspective, like she is so successful since Scannibal, Like she's gotten so many opportunities, dancing with the stars, all of these ads, all these commercials. She's probably like so much money now from all of this. And I don't know if in her mind she's like it's a spite, it's a hate, So like I got to keep that going. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you're probably right to a degree, Like she's seen this, she's seen this like allow her a certain level of success, and so she's leaning into it even more. I guess it's probably what's happening with her. But there's got to be a point where it stops. It's already overplayed. I hope she could, Like this show was filmed I don't know how long ago.
Speaker 2: Maybe six months, so.
Speaker 1: Like maybe it was still fresh back then when it was being filmed, and like now she like I would hope at least she's watching the show and like has moved to a better place where now she's like next season or whatever she does next, she's not gonna like just be this just mean person.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also the whole thing with the house, Like she's being so spiped get I can't imagine, especially like Tom's being so stubborn, but he not defending him, but he's like trying to buy the house from her, and she's like absolutely not, Like I'd rather just live there and be miserable. It's like you want to sit in this misery.
Speaker 1: There's something to be said about it sucks that these people's lives have been turned into entertainment. I know, because, like I agree, if it was a normal situation, I don't think Arion would be doing what she's doing. But because it's led to her get more money and endorsements and fame, she's like leaning into it. She does kind of. I mean, I'm not going to speak for her, but it seems like she does like it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they both do in a weird, twisted way.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's kind of the same thing. I think about this with social media. This is kind of different, like this is separate from that, but still kind of in the same vein where like you see people on social media they'll post a certain style of a video whatever it is, and it does really well or oh actually, this is maybe where the whole thought even started before the video is like, there's a pretty girl on social media and she posts a bikini picture and it gets three times the amount of likes a normal picture would get, and she's like, wow, people really like when I post bikini pictures. And then so that person then becomes that then starts only posting bikini pictures because she sees that it gets a reaction out of her audience more than like a regular picture would, and so then you know, five years from then, her entire feed is just all bikini pictures. And it's a slope where it's like you're trying to do the thing that the audience likes the most from you, which is good to a degree, but then like you just lose sight of anything that you ever once were because you're just doing what other people want you to do. Essentially, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree, just can't. I never thought, you know, one that you would know these people's names, and two that we'd be talking about this a year later, but here we are.
Speaker 1: What Tom and Arianna? Yeah, I mean, to the credit of the show, I never watched the show, right, but I was glued to the couch when scandabal was.
Speaker 2: Going, oh yeah everyone was.
Speaker 1: And like I had no background information, no understanding of anything that was going on, and I was still just locked in. Like the reunion, for instance, I was like, who's this, Who's that, Who's this? But I was still like so eyes peeled to the screen. So to their credit, it was incredibly gripping television.
Speaker 2: But also like the producers are working extra hard to make sure people are still have that you know, same attention span for the show, but it's it's past and I don't know Tom can keep putting his foot in his mouth, but it's it's just frustrating. I can't believe he said that. I really can't.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, unbelievable. I would imagine there's got to be it's dangerously close to canceling being canceled.
Speaker 2: How many more times can he be canceled? Though, Like I think maybe that's it. He's been canceled so hard, so bad, that maybe he's just like screw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say that there is like it's a different what he just said about Oh yeah, Oja and George horrible. It's like, what it's one thing to be two infidelity is bad, of course everyone knows that, but then to like make.
Speaker 2: These to compare what your actions your actions, You cheated to two murders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, murders, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, But it's it's like if FIDELI is one thing, and then you bring in this like new race factor and then obviously like the gravity of those crimes were way bigger than you didn't even commit a crime, So it's right, right, you're just the asshole that cheated on your Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's no defending this guy. I don't know. I don't know. The people's choice words happened this past weekend or a few days ago, and Billie Eilish, did you see anything about there were so many influencers? There so many influencers. And so Billie Eilish, someone took a video of her, She's like down like by the tables and like its kind of whispering, try to cover her mouth a bit, and said, why are there so many influencers here? Or why are there so many TikTokers here? And she makes a really good point because these award shows have turned into like a TikTok gala essentially, like the Grammys TikTokers everywhere. What else just happened? The Oscars TikTokers everywhere, and now like Instagram influencers everywhere. It's just like there's no need because these people aren't winning Oscars. There's not they're not winning Grammys, Like, let's keep it to the real celebrities. For lack of a better word, I don't know, I don't know. It's weird, and there's such a shift in general, like even Paris Fashion Week, New York Fashion Week, it's like all TikTokers. Yeah, and there's not really like the celebrities that we love on our screens and or musicians that we love. It's like that focus is kind of on them.
Speaker 1: It's just changed a lot. Like in the early two thousand's twenty tens, the only way, the only way you'd have access to these people, like the celebrities, like the actors and the musicians and stuff, was through these award shows. But now with social media being as big as it is in TikTok especially, it's like I'll put on a movie and I'll just like scroll through TikTok, you know what I mean. So they are kind of like celebrities nowadays.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are. I don't know, they are obviously, but it's just a weird thing. And I mean, like, if I got invited to the Oscars, I'd be stoked and for sure would go, but that's not happening. And I was listening to a podcast, I don't know if it was like a year or two ago, and talking about the Met Gallat and how the Met Gallat to me used to be like the most amazing thing ever, the most spectacular thing where a list celebrities are going and they're wearing the most extravagant gowns and pieces, and then they pivoted to influencers and it's like, you're kind of ruining it a little bit, cheapens it. Yeah, it definitely cheapens it. It's a bummer. So hopefully I feel like one hundred percent Alex Carl's going to be at the Met Galet this year. I don't know why. But then you have people like Emma Chamberlain. And Emma Chamberlain was a YouTuber. She's been youtubing since like I don't know, twenty ten, maybe twenty thirteen, who knows, she's young, but she has just been crushing it in her career and she has made this incredible pivot from YouTuber kind of in the comedy space ish to now she works for Vogue on the Met Gala red carpet, and I don't really see many other people doing that pivot. The way that she has done collect broadcasting kind of well, just like to go from YouTube to Vogue is insane, and she was I don't know, like her fashion and everything. She's done an incredible job. But I don't know if everyone's trying to be the next Emma Chamberlain, or if they're inviting these people to see who could be the next one. I don't know what it is, but I don't love it. I think we pluck one, like we plucked Emma, let's pluck another, but we don't need everyone.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you always say about pageant girls, Like one pageant girl made it to be a sports broadcaster, and then you said that everyone kind of chas the dream of being that having that same career path arc.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, you know, you see someone do it in the same field as you, at the same level as you some point in their lives, pushed through the glass ceiling, and then all you can ever hope to being in that same position is to be that next person that does it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know, but I've never really seen. I don't know, Like in terms of the pageant thing, like everyone was trying. Everyone went to school for it. Not everyone, but a lot of us pageant girls initially went to school for sports broadcasting at one point, at least my back in my.
Speaker 1: Day, oh my back.
Speaker 2: But then with this there's just so many people who are either almost there or or you're like seeing them take those steps, whereas I don't really know how to explain this properly. Whereas Emma just like did it, she took that jump. But now there's like so many people in this middle to upper area that could be her, you know, not really, I don't know how to explain it anyways. It's it's weird. I think it's not going to stop all these influencers.
Speaker 1: But Billie Eilish some crity at the people's choice orders.
Speaker 2: No, of course there were other celebrities, but honestly, like the people that I saw were influencers on the red carpet, like, I don't remember seeing many people who were celebrities, Like I saw alex Or, I saw Page from Summer House, I saw hn and Dylan were there.
Speaker 1: I mean at the end of the day too. It's just like a cultural shift, like our parents dealt with it too, when they aged up to a certain point and they stopped recognizing the people that were bigger and more noticeable, Like, you know, we're still young. We're twenty eight and thirty two, but we're definitely not twenty two or twenty anymore. Where those are the I don't know, it's just like I'm sure if we talked to a twenty year old they would be like, well, yeah, of course they were at the People's Choice Awards. You know, like why wouldn't they be. They're huge. We have no idea who they are, but like there, it's just we're kind of like aging up to the next.
Speaker 2: But don't you think they'd be like Jenna Ortega of course, Olivia Rodrigo of course, like those people.
Speaker 1: Those are like almost two big of people to do it to the big People's Choice Award for sure.
Speaker 2: But I don't know you're right, because I guess it's like a middle But then Billie Eilish is massive, so she was there.
Speaker 1: Like People's Choice Awards, it's kind of I don't know what that is, but I imagine it's got to be like the MTV Awards, right, Like it's a middling award show that you're happy to be invited to, and but no one cares who wins the People's Choice Awards, Like no one's waiting to see who wins People's Choice Awards.
Speaker 2: Easton has a People's Choice Award.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: He won a People's Choice Award?
Speaker 1: Okay, see that's huge for Easton. But if Billy Eilish won a People's Choice Award, let me see this thing real quick. What do you win that for? Is that for Becca An Tanya's.
Speaker 3: This is for the Pop Podcast of twenty nineteen for my contribution to scrubbing into Beckettillian Tanya Red. That's amazing, that's awesome, it's very cool. It's uh, it's yes, it's very neat. I show it to everyone who comes over. I'm like, oh, I have a People's Choice Award?
Speaker 1: This is one?
Speaker 2: Is it heavy?
Speaker 1: It's very heavy? Who so you got one? Bekatania obviously got one.
Speaker 3: Mark got one, and Danielle Romo got one the producer and uh, it was great.
Speaker 1: About hearing I'm talking cop about People's Choice awards. I think they're great. But it's not an Oscar, you know? So did Easton win an Oscar? And then I'll be impressed.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, when when they have the Oscar for Best Podcast, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: I actually wouldn't be surprised if that ends up happening at some point.
Speaker 2: If we want a podcast, I would be sick if I'm sorry, If we want to.
Speaker 1: People, I would never shut up about it.
Speaker 2: Right right, right right.
Speaker 1: So I'm but like I'm saying, too, I guess I kind of forgot where I'm saying. Maybe I was. Maybe I was going on a little too off tangent there. But it is like it's not as prestigious as those other awards, I guess, is my point. And so it's like, if if the Oscars was filled with all these TikTok influencers, then yes, I think that they were.
Speaker 2: That's a thing like they and Meta keeps inviting like their Instagram influencers. TikTok keeps inviting their TikTok people, and the red carpet's like flooded with them, and I'm like, what the heck. This is the Oscars, this is a Grammys. Has an old twenty eight year old, Like, I've been watching this for decades and now there's these little twenty year olds flaunting about on the red carpet. Yeah, I guess I'm just old.
Speaker 1: No, you're young still my twenties. Caylen, we probably already talked about this, and it's not pop culture related. She's already planning her thirtieth birthday and I'm like, you still have to play in your twenty ninth birthday. Why are you going straight to thirty? Doesn't make any sense?
Speaker 2: Thirty is huge.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I see what you're saying, and I could see why I built. Like if I was Billi Eilish, I'd be like what that Like, Yeah, you don't want to be the biggest fish in the pond. You want to be like those TikTok influencers probably so hyped that Billie Eilish was there, and Billy Eilish was probably annoyed that they were there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I went to the iHeart one of the iHeart music festivals this past spring and sat to rows behind Taylor Swift. She was for sure the biggest person.
Speaker 1: There, Like even in the in this this is so irrelevant, but even in the subdivision that we live in, like we have the cheapest house in the subdivision, which is a great spot for us, Whereas like if you're the most expensive house in a subdivision, you're kind of like, Okay, why why am I here? Why I'm not somewhere else? So I'm happy that we're here. But I could imagine, like, you know, yeah, I would rather be small in a big pond than big in a small pond.
Speaker 2: Well, the met galap for me is like top top top what I get so excited for around.
Speaker 1: Talking about it since last.
Speaker 2: Year, seriously love it. If I could be like behind the scenes somehow, oh my gosh, and be inside the met gallic God, I would be so happy. But I think Alex Earl will for sure be there, that is my prediction.
Speaker 1: And Jane Brilain, obviously, what is the what is the significance.
Speaker 2: Of that Alex has been to everything, like she's the biggest influencer TikToker out there right now.
Speaker 1: I don't like her, don't even like her a little bit.
Speaker 2: Do you like her boyfriend?
Speaker 1: I don't really care about him. He's not good at football. He's better than I am, without a question, but he's not like a He's just a special teams player.
Speaker 2: He doesn't play.
Speaker 1: He plays No. He maybe had five catches this year.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So I think Alex are El's going to be there, But it'll be telling to see, like how many TikTokers and influencers go. Hopefully it's just Alex and maybe Alex won't even be invited, who knows, But that to me will be the official turning point.
Speaker 1: We have the Met gala has flooded with influencers.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, well, actually, can you put your phone on?
Speaker 1: I'm looking up Brax and Barios his stats this past year.
Speaker 2: Actually, last year, they had a lot of TikTokers on the red carpet interviewing and they had this comedic couple quote unquote comedic who they were like just kind of getting canceled because they were trying to be funny but they weren't being funny.
Speaker 1: The girl that makes the faces.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I don't know if she makes the faces, but she was trying to like laugh with Audrey Plaza, Aubrey Plaza, and she was like, what's your name? And Aubrey was like Aubrey slutburn or something like that, and like this girl was just getting roast on the internet. She tried to make a joke about the Devil Wars Prada with Emily Blunt about just like how many pounds did you lose to be here or something? And yeah, so maybe that was it for the Met gallon TikTokers last year.
Speaker 1: Raxenberio said, twenty seven catches this year.
Speaker 2: That's is that not high?
Speaker 1: It's very low? Okay, it's not horrible.
Speaker 2: It's good for someone who does who's like a benchwarmer.
Speaker 1: Right, he's a benchwarmer. Even I followed the NFL account on Instagram and NFL. The official NFL Instagram account was posting Alex Earl photos.
Speaker 2: Yes, because she was on stage presenting award for like the best Linebacker or something. Is that an award?
Speaker 1: It probably is. Alex Earl presented an award at.
Speaker 2: The NFL yet the like gala where everyone's dressed in gowns. Yeah, right before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's crazy with some football.
Speaker 2: Players standing next to her. They did it together, Brasen Barrios, No, no, no, I don't know who it was, but it's just it's it's a definite shift. And I again, we are influencers, but I feel like, I don't know, I'm I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: Just yet influencing. It's so we talk about this occasionally. There are people that we see online that are influencers that their social presence is unfringe bearable, but then you meet them in a person and they're the kindest and you're like, oh my god, you're so nice. We'll hang out every day for the rest of our lives. And then they post and you're like, and then you and then you leave them, and then you see them post a couple days later and you're like, who are these freaking people? This is not the same person I was just hanging out with. So yeah, there, But then the reverse.
Speaker 2: Do you have people who have great social media media presences and then you meet them in person and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, oh, yeah, that happened to us, that actually recently. That Yeah, the whole influencer thing is interesting. And yes, we technically are influencers, although I would never say that I'm an influencer. I try to avoid that at all. Photographer I don't say that either. But these people are like proud to be influencers, and and I don't want to say that's a bad thing.
Speaker 2: It's a business. People are making money, and the ones who have the cringy presences, they're making a lot of money. So we're not knocking it.
Speaker 1: We're not knocking it. It's just there's a certain level of like you have to sell out to a certain degree in order to make it in that industry. One we sold out and on television. That's the only reason we have a following these people sell out and do the trend.
Speaker 2: Not everyone, not everyone.
Speaker 1: Ashley's fantastic. It is Ashley Jackson's girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's okay. I think it's fine. Yeah, Ashley. Ashley has a really great social media presence and another YouTuber. It's been in the business for years, and.
Speaker 1: She's great in real life. Oh my gosh, she's got all the basis.
Speaker 2: Coming amazing in real life. Yeah. So there's good ones out there, for sure. I mean most of them are good.
Speaker 1: Most of them are good. We just don't like the ones that compare their applights to the murder of other people. Oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just not smart, not great, not a good man.
Speaker 1: Not a good man. I've had it with him.
Speaker 2: I have to. I can't talk about him for more seconds. So that is where we'll end it. Thank you so much for listening. Tune in next week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less.