Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal. I'm that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for day Edith State? Is that? Whoo whoom? And then and tie, Welcome back to the solid verbal boys. A girl's my name is ty Hildebrand. I am over here in beautiful Allantown, Pennsylvania, joined as always by my colleague and co host and friend of many years. Way over there, over yonder in beautiful New York City. Sir, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie, Tye. The microphone, what is it called? It's the foam piece in front of it, the pop not a pop filter. The wind screen, the wind screen, thank you. It smells a bit like you're in really and I try to speak close to it so that everybody can hear my nonsense in the clearest possible way. And it's getting a little bit weird. It's not great. Is this your foam piece or is this a foam This is the Box Media studio windscreen. They just got a new office for you. They should be able to get new You would think so, Ty, You would think so. Also in preparation for this Q and A show. One, I looked up because we're doing a Q and A show.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody. One.
Speaker 2: I did some research into the a's for the cues that were submitted. Oh and two. In looking for any sort of news to talk about ty, I looked at the daily email I get from Jason Kirk and Espianation. They do a very good jobs letter, the Espianation College Football Newsletter that comes into my mailbox every day that has all sorts of news that you should know.
Speaker 1: There is.
Speaker 2: It's called the read option. By the way, yes, there is nothing happening there. It's just all like Leonard Fournette can jump twenty eight and a half inches and that's not a lot to go on for a college football podcast.
Speaker 1: What's funny about that is that you put together our little runsheet here of all the questions that came in via email and Twitter and Facebook, where wherever, And at the very top you've got in bold in all caps news and then two bullet points. I looked at those two bullet points and I was like, is there anything else? Is that news at all?
Speaker 2: This was nine o'clock am. This is what came in for yesterday's college football news. It was combine stuff, which is you know, it's it's tangential, it's relevant to our interests. We've got a piece on whether Oregon's mascot is actually named Puddles or just the duck. It's a Nike attempt to brand. Bill c who is already previewing teams previews North Texas.
Speaker 1: He's encouraged.
Speaker 2: It's time for junior days recruiting wise high school kids visiting schools. Andy Staples wrote about a six foot nine, four hundred pound dude from Australia who's never played football and has offers from major colleges to play offensive line, never played a single down of college of football of organized football, minor Ohio State players transferring, a bunch of Georgia Tech players transfer and celebration penalties in the NFL. It's not a ton to go on. So I guarantee you this scant we will make our best attempt to talk about bank robberies and trail mix and some hypothetical.
Speaker 1: College football sto. I'm so excited for this. Yeah, I am so excited for this. So thank you for listening to the show. We're at iTunes dot com. Slash soliverbal as well as soliverbal dot com. We are on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, all the usual social media stops that you might have. You can also email us at soliverble at gmail dot com and let us know how we're doing. We continue to record and podcasts all throughout the off season. Once we get a little close to the season, we'll go two times a week. If you're not familiar with our rhymes and rhythms. But in the meantime, we tend to do these Q and A shows and when we get into like the slow news downturns of college football offseason. Right it's currently one of those, but before long we'll get to spring football. We'll talk about the NFL Draft, because that's something that a lot of college football fans are into. We'll talk about it from a college football perspective, and we've already started lining up a bunch of big name college football head coaches. Yes. One of the cool things that I like about that is when we can sort of look back after the year and say, oh, we got this guy, Oh we got that guy, like we've had Tom Herman the last two years. Tom Herman has been very relevant in college football. Over the last three seasons, Yeah, without question, would say last year was one of our strongest portfolios yet as it relates to college football head coaching interviews. The way that it is presently shaping up looks like it will by far be our biggest and best yet. So I'm really excited about that. That's probably coming up in the next couple months as well. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not too many people know this, but when Bobby Patrino crashed his motorcycle, he was actually on the phone with Tye answering what was job one for the twenty twelve season. Many people know that, and so we apologize. Obviously that's on us. That is on us. Also relevant question to things you were just mentioning, would it be possible for you to tell everybody that we are We're over nine hundred reviews on iTunes? Yes, I believe Bud told me that Bud Elliott is on top of these things.
Speaker 1: I have not so checked recently, but that would sound about right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think we've eclipsed a thousand, So if you could go to iTunes if you haven't yet. I know this is like everybody says this on every single podcast you listen to.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: We're nearing a thousand. It would mean a whole lot to us if you went on iTunes and threw us a review. If you like the show, throw us some stars. Maybe five, five stars would be wonderful. So let's close in.
Speaker 1: Stars on iTunes, stars on Facebook, stars anywhere you can. I think should be the motto for this offseason. But yes, absolutely that helps. If you listen an overcast, recommend the show through your podcast app of choice. All that stuff helps us out. But before we get into all the college football nitty gritty that awaits us in the coming weeks and months, we do need to do our Q and A. And then we've got an exciting announcement about a show we're going to be doing next week and then the week after. We'll get to that a little bit later on.
Speaker 2: But you mentioned that, you know, it's a longer off season and there's not as many topics. I look at it like as a barbecue thing tip. Yeah, oh yeah, the low and slow burn that gets to the season brisket.
Speaker 1: It's the crock potting before the great feast.
Speaker 2: Right, so right now we're just we're slat were Actually I'm not a big slathering of a brisket guy, I don't want a marinade.
Speaker 1: We're seasoning it. We're gently seasoning it with some salt and pepper. Maybe a little bit of garlic and brown sugar, but salt and pepper is plenty, So we're just we're salting and peppering that off season brisket. Where do we want to start?
Speaker 2: Do you have thoughts about the combine before we get started, because that's the closest thing to news.
Speaker 1: I love when I see that someone like Miles Garrett had thirty three reps on the bench press at like two twenty five. Yeah. I like seeing that John Ross ran a four to two to two before hurting his leg. Yeah. Like I like seeing the eye popping stats. I don't really put much stock in it beyond that.
Speaker 2: I like seeing you completely overlook the Temple owl and Hassan Reddick Riddick Reddick jumping like eleven feet in the broad jump, just stomping your disrespect of the owls.
Speaker 1: I love that. I find that my interest level has gone down with age in the combine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's tough, but I think the clear best part is to see just how athletic and nimble and you know, the burst and the change of direction of the huge dudes where you think to yourself, well, sure he's three hundred and twenty five pounds, but there's no way he's actually athla oh my god. Yeah yeah, Like he's just pushing a dude in front of him. It's college football, and the guy's not an NFL player, and so he's easier to push around if you're this three hundred and twenty Nope, nope. These are just enormous athletes that are impressive at everything they do.
Speaker 1: I also look forward to Bruce Feldman's annual Draft combines Freaks Free columns, you know, where he talks about the most athletic guys. Otherwise, though, no, not a whole lot of interest. It's a cool little mini game that goes on within the game, and I'm excited to talk draft at some point, probably next month with a draft knick or two.
Speaker 2: A totally underrated part of the combine in the draft itself is seeing a school that wasn't necessarily successful at, you know, winning college football games.
Speaker 1: I would have like seven draft picks the old like ron Zook Illinois, like Corey Legit, Winnie Merciless. Where are all these guys coming?
Speaker 2: From and we knew that they were good in college, but then the NFL is like, no, these this is a team legitimately stocked with NFL players and they go three and nine.
Speaker 1: It somehow does more to undermine the credibility of their college coach. Right.
Speaker 2: It's sort of an al grow special as well. I would argue, what Virginia players, what else is going on? Not too much else, But I saw somewhere when I was scanning things that you know, a big story coming for this season. I'm just going to ask this question myself, because nobody we have a bunch of questions. I had to pair abound a bunch of questions. We got a bunch through email and Facebook and whatever. But one of the things that I always enjoy, and somebody asked this just on a Twitter Q and A, is what I'm looking forward to other than Oregon and what they do in twenty seventeen, just in college football in general. And my answer is generally the same thing, and that's just emerging quarterbacks. Quarterback is such a hard position to play, especially now with so much talent playing on defense, and it's just more and more difficult with guys transferring year in and year out, we don't get to see them get a ton of experience within the same program. So which emerge of these four emerging quarterbacks if you had to rank these guys, and they're specifically emerging because they are merging from other teams and going to new teams, which of these four people will we say in December? Well, he's the clear standout of this group. Okay, are you ready? Because this is a good year for quarterback transfer. So we've got Will Greer starting at West Virginia Jinia. Yeah, after a very promising start at Florida and then leaving under some unfortunate pharmaceutical circumstances.
Speaker 1: Some would say yeah, yeah, some would say sure.
Speaker 2: Kyle Allen moving on from Texas A and M he sat out last year. He's going to be playing at Houston this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought he'd be playing for Tom Herman, but in fact it'll be major Apple White, Blake Barnett moving on from Alabama and becoming immediately eligible at Arizona State. And Jared Stidham taking a year off after the fiasco just life fiasco at Baylor and emerging at Auburn. So of those four quarterbacks, I don't know if you want to rank them one through four. But right now, as it stands in early March, and nobody has really played any sort of significant time in the spring, let alone the fall, who would you take from that group?
Speaker 1: From that group, I think I'd take Jared Stidham. Okay, I would take Jared Sidham. Now I'm not crazy about the offense he's going to find himself in. I'm not quite sure how that's gonna work. But in his short time at Baylor, he showed a ton of promise. We simply haven't seen a whole lot out of Blake Barnett. We saw flashes from Kyle Allen, but that was up and down. And Will Greer showed a lot of promise before going to the Pine at Florida. So I feel like of all the people that we saw, Stidham, to me, felt like he had the most upside. So I would put him one. I'm gonna put Will Greer too, because when he came in and I.
Speaker 2: Think these are all five star high school guys, I believe Yeah, I mean he's on some services.
Speaker 1: You probably can't go wrong talent wise with any of these guys. But if we're gonna pick a second one, I'll go Will Greer. He's going into a system where you know he's going to air it out, and in a short time at Florida he showed I thought a lot of promise. People at Florida were excited about Will grew before that went south. Then that leaves me between Kyle Allen and Blake Barnett. I will put Blake Barnett at three, knowing full well we hadn't seen anything from him, we saw minimum from him. He'll have plenty of opportunities to show his show his stuff, and I'll put Kyle Allen forth. I don't know what Houston's gonna look like post Tom Herman. I don't think it's like a situation where it falls off the cliff, but it's certainly not the same setup as it was. And Kyle Allen left a lot to be desired at Texas A and m granted probably wasn't all his fault, but I sort of expected a lot more. I feel like we've seen a lot from him that left me feeling disappointed, so he would be my number four.
Speaker 2: So I have Will Greer atop the list, just because I think he looked good enough with the least around him. The running game wasn't spectacularly good at Florida, and the fact that he's moving on to a system will have Justin Crawford in the backfield at West Virginia. If you remember Justin Crawford of the Wow, Look what Justin Crawford is doing against Oklahoma?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the development of West Virginia receivers seems to be a year and in year out things. It's a you know, Shelton Gibson has gone Kevin White the year before, A year after year, they just keep replacing the speed successfully. I think whenever it is that Will Grier gets on the field, he will be put in the best position. Given West Virginia's defense taking steps forward year in and year out, I think he's in the best position to make the biggest impact this fall. I have Jared's did him second, even with the question mark of you know, r At Lashley leaving for Yukon, Chip Lindsay coming in from ASU, which then welcomes Blake Barnett. So we don't really know what the offense of Auburn is going to look like with Chip Lindsay. I imagine it will be heavy maus On influence but maybe it's time to sort of weave in new ideas. I have Kyle Allen third, just because I think his ceiling as a thrower is higher than Blake Barnett's, even though we haven't seen a lot of Blake Barnett and Kyle Allen struggled somemit Tech's A and M. I think he will have, you know, going going against easier defenses first of all, playing at Houston, and I have Blake Barnett, even though I really like the weapons that Blake Barnett has in Nikhil Harry and Kaylin Blage. I like those guys a lot, so three and four could go either way. I like the general talent level of Kyle Allen against AAC defenses and his throng ability a little bit more than Barnett's.
Speaker 1: All right, shall we get to our questions. Let's do it. Congratulations Skippy, you've got mail. You've got mail. On the solid verbal As often as we can, and quite frequently in the off season, we do our best to pay homage to those of you who write in solverble at gmail dot com, to our Twitter, to our Facebook. We did a Q and A about three weeks ago we will do many more throughout the course of the long college football doldrums the off season. We've got some questions in here that we're in here previously that we didn't get a chance to get to the first time around.
Speaker 2: We've also got a bunch of new ones, Dan, Yes, and so do we have old ones in here? I don't even remember old any old one. I added an old one here.
Speaker 1: Please surprise me. Let's start out here. Okay, mm hmm, He says, I got a dilemma. Might make for a good offseason conversation. Okay, you sir, are correct. I work for a fabulous nonprofit that does a lot of good work in our community. We're about to hold an annual fundraiser gala where we expect to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars. Sounds great. My dilemma is this. I've just been told that Vince Young will be at the event. I may be expected to hobnob with him, take photos, video of people with him, etc. Etc. But I'm a usc grad. I have no desire to do any of this. But I also know that this event will help raise a lot of money for our organization. I'm wondering to what level, can I appropriately snub or throw a shade at Vince Vy, as it were, without gumming up the fundraising by alienating potential donors who like him, or by pissing off my employer. So this is this is a deep question here, Dan, This is a deep question that I've got a shallow answer. But yeah, it could be. It sort of harkens back to your roots as a college football fan slash alum versus your new mature self as a career oriented gentleman working for a solid non problem.
Speaker 2: So if Vince Young is there as a positive force to do positive things. And I don't know Vince Young, I haven't been around Vince Young, but I would imagine he is somebody who really enjoys reveling in that huge game that USC Texas National championship, one of our great modern games in our sports.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: It would be fair to say he wouldn't be uncomfortable if you brought up that game. No, not at all as a USC fan, as a as a UMass fan, whatever whatever team you root for. I say, lean into the fact that you were heartbroken. That will make him feel great. I will say, you know, if I'm a USC fan. I'm saying something like it was brutal watching the Tings try to tackle you, the Ting brothers. It was like it was heartbreaking. And that way you sort of endear yourself as somebody that has a sense of humor about yourself and you don't take things too seriously. But at the same time, you establish yourself as a college football fan, and you know what, maybe he gives you a little nugget about that game that you never knew and you just sort of like him a little bit more as a human. And I say steer into it because like I've interviewed a bunch of college players that have gone on to be NFL players at the NFL rookie thing we used to do, and we'd come across Washington players and you know, that was the point when Oregon was still beating Washington. But it was still fun to talk about that games in a non sort of trash talky way because you just you find out nuggets and that I'm in the nugget business. Tie call me Dave Thomas. I am a nugget guy. So sort of introducing yourself as a USC fan, but a good natured, good humored one should endear you and you collect those nuggets because you have no leg to stand on trash talking for a team that you literally ran over. See, I don't think you can throw a shade. You've got no leverage. Or you go up to him and you say I'm sorry. I'm a huge fan. I have to ask, are you Cole McCoy? Can I get a shot? All right, we'll do that.
Speaker 1: Where are we going next?
Speaker 2: Let's start with Rob rob Ass. If you could switch any two teams conference affiliates to improve alignment.
Speaker 1: I have a problem with conference alignment. And I'm not talking about it from the financial standpoint. You know, I'm not like, I'm not out there on the internet. I'm not examining the economics like Frank the Tank and some others that exists in the twitter sphere. I'm looking at this purely from a geographic standpoint. So of course, of course the answer could be like, switch Notre Dame in Rutgers because Notre Dame makes more sense than the Big Ten, perhaps than Rutgers does, and so on and so forth. But one thing that's bothered me for a long time. It's it's been after this whole SEC realignment, when they added Missouri and Texas A and M. M hmm. Do you know where Columbia Missouri is? Guve speaking, Dan, I do know where it is. Can you tell me how many teams in the SEC West are actually farther east than Columbia Missouri.
Speaker 2: How many teams are farther east in the SEC West?
Speaker 1: I'm talking SEC West teams that are actually farther east than Columbia Missouri. Is it all of them other than Texas A and M. All of them other than Texas A and M is a correct answer, Dan, Okay, unless you're drawing a diagonal line of sixty degrees across the southeast, there is no way a reasonable minded cartographer could ever come to the conclusion that this is a logical way to break down your divisions. I prefer to go by longitude and not by any kind of sixty degree diagonal across the sun belt of the United States in order to form by conferences. So therefore, I feel like, if you're going to try and do it and do it right, you need to do something in the SEC You need to better align based on west and east.
Speaker 2: So you want to you want to screw around with who's in the west and who's in the East. You're not switching conferences. You're almost doing division realignment, not conference realignment. Sure, I'm booking within a conference. I'm getting more specific, hyper local with this, Dan.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah. And by the way, this would work out better for the SEC East because the SEC East has been a bit of a gumpster fire over the last couple of years now. I'm not sure how well they'd take to maybe bringing Alabama over Auburn over Nobody wants that if you're in the East, but purely in terms of geographics and within the SEC conference. Dan, again, hyper local, I'm saying that Columbia, Missouri too far west to be in the SEC East. All right, Can I answer Rob's question? Then? Yes?
Speaker 2: Please conference affiliation. I'm gonna ad text A and M and Nebraska to the Big twelve. That would make things better for the Big Twelve. There are two teams that up the quality to huge name brands. They are geographically convenient enough, and text A and M is finding itself sort of strictly in the middle class at best. Of the SEC West, Nebraska is sort of a forgotten power right and the Big Ten, it feels like with the Michigan Ohio State, Penn State, and recently Michigan State attention.
Speaker 1: Getting they got better though this year. I still think it's a good cultural fit.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's well enough, But I'm going to go with those teams being more Big twelve than nine. I understand the pull of their new conferences, and I understand, Yes, you know, it's it's East Texas, it's you know, a lot in common with the SEC. It's a good cultural fit for Texas, A and M and Southeastern Conference. But in terms of the general health of college football, I don't think either the Big ten or SEC is affected by the loss of those two teams, and the Big.
Speaker 1: Twelve is greatly improved. Yes, I would agree with that. You were also previously in the Big twelve.
Speaker 2: No, I know this is true as well. That was sort of the sort of unspoken So you're.
Speaker 1: Taking the safe way out with this question. There is a long, storied history of those teams being in the Big Course. Yeah, I'm fine going back in time. Did I not answer question? Maybe I didn't answer it directly.
Speaker 2: You said conference affiliation and he you went with divisions.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate this question, even if I didn't answer it directly, because it gave me the opportunity to get something off my chest. I've never actually articulated that point here on the podcast.
Speaker 2: So thank you Rob, Thank you Ty. Who is this year's Penn State? The answer is Dak Prescott.
Speaker 1: Dak Prescott, Yeah, this year's Penn State.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I don't that's a broad question. So I'm interpreting this question as a team that is in the range of five hundred in their conference one year, and through a new starting quarterback and perhaps a new staff or overhauled staff, makes a leap, and also having a head coach that's on the hot seat going into the year perhaps makes a leap to save everybody and get everybody encouraged.
Speaker 1: There's no like one for one here. This is a little bit like our goof from many months ago about who is going to be twenty sixteen's Iowa. So there's no like congruence here between Penn State and another team that exists in twenty seventeen college football, at least not on my radar. I could pick a team like a Miami because they've got a starting quarterback and maybe not a five hundred team, and twenty sixteen they went nine and four, But there are gonna be some questions there. I could see them bubbling up under Mark Richt. TCU is interesting, maybe not a new starting quarterback, but six and seven was a disappointing season. I think they've got room to grow. I was probably a year early on them. What about Texas? Does Texas fall into that category?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's certainly an overhauled coaching staff. Right, Texas went three and six in the Big Twelve, five and seven overall. Penn State went seven and in six, four and four two years ago. I believe, Yeah, who do you have in mind? So I have two teams here. I have TCU, who went four and five in the Big Twelve. They returned the same quarterback in Kenny Hill. I mean, I assume it'll be some sort of open competition, but a little bit of a shake up offensively. Doug Meachum goes to Kansas and a'ssall sunny Comby's offense now and a team that's more talented than four and five in conference, just like Penn State was more talented than four and four in the Big Ten. So I'm going to go TCU as one of the teams. I have another team that could mirror it in more ways than one, in more ways, in like three different ways. Hear me out the Tennessee volunteers.
Speaker 1: No, God, here we go.
Speaker 2: This is why one Bob Shoop factory got Bob Shoop right.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 2: There's a common thread. Yeah, ok, there is that common thread too. They almost completely overhauled the staff. Okay, you have Brady Hoake's involvements, very big ten of Tennessee. And I think the main thread is so they it's a new offensive staff by and large, and it is a completely new starting quarterback. It looks like it's going to be Jarrett Guarantano. I know it's sort of up for grabs the starting job. I really like him. Jared Garantano to me, I know he grew up. I think in New Jersey it's maybe not the highest level of high school competition. But I recently watched his tape as I was just like reading random things about random teams, and I watched his high school tape. Doesn't mean a lot, but reminds me of a little bit a similar game to Mariota. Not anywhere near him, but like the similar high school tape to Marcus Mariota, And I think he has the ability to come in and immediately affect change. I don't know what. The offensive line was pretty atrocious last year. Defensively, there's still talent, but a lot of big losses. I know Josh Malone specifically said he turned pro because Josh Dobbs is turning pro and he didn't want to play with like a red shirt freshman, sophomore or whatever.
Speaker 1: QB.
Speaker 2: I understand that. I still think there's enough talent there that if Jarrett Quarantano was really good, immediately Tennessee could be Penn State esque.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to just call him Justin Guarini all year. Yeah, I know, I figured that would be the case. All right, where are we going next? All right?
Speaker 2: Next question? Let's stay with that, though, Ryan, Why does I think Penn State will take a step back this year? I got such a big Chris Godwin fan, such a Chris Godwin.
Speaker 1: I got called out for this on the Twitter on the Twitter machine. Let me clarify the statement. I'm not saying for sure that I think Penn State will absolutely take a step back this year. I don't think that's likely, but I think it's possible. I was never sold on trace mcsoorly, and that, to my dying day will haunt me. He had an incredible season last year. He enters twenty seventeen as a potential dark horse Heisman contender.
Speaker 2: He had a dark horse. He's just like in the conversation. He's in the conversation. Sure he might not be top five, but he's probably top ten.
Speaker 1: So that's on me. I was wrong. He had a great year. I'm still not totally sold on him, And without Chris Godwin, I think that hurts the vertical passing game a little Bitseki's back, right, Gaseeki is back, that's right. I am curious to see how their linebacking core forms up now that Brandon Bell isn't with the team. And we saw when Bell got hurt last year huge to that they had a little bit of difficulty getting things set up in that second tier. The defense. Now they had more injuries than just Brandon Bell wasn't all on him, but without him they were a much different defense. When he came back, he obviously made a pretty positive impact and that was a big part of the reason why they were successful. So again I'm not saying it's a likely scenario, but it's mostly rooted in my irrational distrust of trace McSorley at this point. But I am excited to see what they do and I hope that I hope that does not have happened.
Speaker 2: Next question, this is from Khalil, Am I going to be cursed slash blessed. I like that that terminology. He did not, but we can. Am I going to be curse slash hashtag blessed with Mike Leach until he retires. I assume Khalil is a Washington State fan. I feel our program can't snag the big name coaches due to a multiple of reasons, and Leech is just good enough to keep himself from getting fired. I'm so tired of bubble scream ty, how would you evaluate the ceiling of both Washington State as a program, coach it higher wise, and what they can do in the standings with the way the PAC twelve is currently constituted, especially in the North.
Speaker 1: Tough tough going in the PAC twelve right absolutely, especially up north, especially up north, does not strike me as a conference that's like just there for the taking. It's not going to fall off the back of a truck. So he's got his work cut out for him. I like Mike Leach. I think he's innovative. I also feel like we all know his shtick at this point. He's gonna say funny stuff. He's gonna run the air raid offense that he's always run, and I think because of that, it'll bring some consistency to Washington State. We've seen them take gradual steps forward, but I don't know how far we are from the ceiling. Like we we could already be there and maybe just not know it. I don't know how much it advances beyond what we've seen the last year and a half in Pullman. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Here's something important to remember. Washington State will in all likelihood never be a player for a major coach unless Ryan Leaf becomes a major coach, you know, unless a Washington State guy really really wants to get back to Pullman and build some glory. That's just I mean. Washington State again, I believe is the farthest Power five school from an interstate. I think that's the stat maybe it's I don't know, but in all likelihood, Washington State should have won nine games this year. They should have beaten at Eastern, They should have want to shoot out against Eastern and start the season.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with losing the Boise.
Speaker 2: And then they lose to two top ten teams to close out the year in Colorado and Washington. So they win eighth straight, including a win a big win at Stanford, who was top fifteen at the time. Nine wins is probably the ceiling you have. I mean, Mike Leach really shouldn't even be at Wazoo, right, I mean he should be at Texas Tech or a job that Texas Tech propelled him to because of what he was able to do on the field. It's just so difficult, and I think the case study is look at Oregon. Oregon is coming off of, however many great seasons, you know, being a huge national program, and when they finally have a down year and fire a coach and go to the open market, they get like, at best their third or fourth choice. So Matt Rule allegedly turns them down. I think they pursued Tom Herman pretty aggressively, and obviously that didn't work out. And I'm very bullish on Willie Taggart, but if we're talking about Washington State in the open market, I don't think there's any way they do better.
Speaker 1: Than Mike Leach.
Speaker 2: And I think he's doing exactly what a school like Washington State on the West Coast, having certain geographic disadvantages needs to do, and that's play with a definitive scheme. I mean they could run the triple option or something like that, have a definitive identity, Identify assistant coaches that you know you're probably going to lose when they become bigger names, like they did to Oregon Joe with Joe Salavea their defensive line coach, They're going to have a lot of attrition and they just happened into this coach.
Speaker 1: I think you're stuck with Mike Leach.
Speaker 2: The fact is though the offense is a little bit more balance, they're running the ball a little bit more. I think they're moving in in a really good direction. The defense went from an atrocious embarrassment to pretty good.
Speaker 1: They got better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they went to pretty That's a huge leap in college football, atrocious embarrassment to pretty good at a place nowhere near top talent.
Speaker 1: That's impressive. And by the way, I think you're stuck. One of our big talking points down the stretch was how big the Apple Cup was gonna be. Yeah, Washington and Washington State. Keep in mind, this is a program that was pretty much irrelevant right for many years, and then Mike Leach came along and he has made them better. I do understand his frustration here because he sees that there might be a ceiling, and I feel that ceiling too. I just I think you're right tough to do well when you're kind of located in the middle of nowhere, and especially when you're in a really tough conference.
Speaker 2: And here's the alternative. Would do you want Bo Baldwin? Do you want a really good Eastern coach? And you've already had experience that with Paul Wolfe. I believe he was at Eastern before. And Bo Baldwin is running Mike Leach's offense and isn't Mike Leach or running an offense in the same universe and has never really recruited on a big level regionally like Mike Leach has. That's I mean, if that's what you'd rather have, I think that's okay.
Speaker 1: One question I've always wanted to ask Mike Leach, and maybe if you have him on the show next time, I can ask him. I really would like to know what he loves most about shaving with Harry's. Dan because Harry's, as you know, started by two guys named Jeff and Andy, not Mike. But they were fed up being overcharged for razors. They decided they're going to start their own company. Give guys everywhere what they deserve, a great shave at a fair price. I gotta tell a personal story here. This is God's honest truth. Hand to God here, I'm ready. I was shaving with Harry's for a while and then I saw a deal on Amazon. I bought an electric razor. Now I know you have partaken in the miracle of modern science that is electric razors, right I do.
Speaker 2: I have a beard trimmer that keeps things, that keeps things adequately trimmed. But I got neck to take care of tye and keep clean. See I have a problem with the neck. Yeah, And when I started using the electric razor, I was getting a.
Speaker 1: Beard of bees mm hm. So I made the decision that I was going to switch back to Harry's. I'm not having I'm not having the neck issues anymore. Yeah, you're not having the more swave of the two of us. I agree. Harry's razors they include everything that you need for a close, comfortable shave, even on the neck. Five German Engineer blades with a lubricating strip, a flex inch for a comfortable glide, a trimmer blade for hard to reach places, and a weighted ergonomic handle. All this for two bucks a blade. Compare that with four or more, which is what you'll pay at the drug store. This is the time to act if you're like me, if you're looking for a close, comfortable shave. Harry's is so confident in the quality of their blades they want you to try their most popular trial set for free. Hear me Free fr'mar comes with a razor handle of your choice, a five blade cartridge, and shaving gel free when you sign up. You just got to pay a small fee for shipping. If you want to get in on the free trial, go to Harry's h A R R y s dot com slash solid solid right now Harry's dot com slash solid. That's the God's on a truth man. I had issues a couple months ago, decided, you know what, who am I kidding? Who am I kidding? Trying to be all sciency. Let's just go back to what works. Let's go back to Harry, So harrys dot Com slash solid get in on it too. Yeah, you're head to toe. Harry's taking care of you. Where are we going next? Let's go to this question over under on fired coaches.
Speaker 2: We can do is really quickly the pack twelve South, so we'll stay out West after twenty seventeen. Over under is two and a half. Which are you going? Pack twelve South coaches looking for new jobs after this year? The operative phrase here is fired. Operative verb I should say is fired. Sure, he is not saying leaving on their own volition? Correct, Mike Mcatyre is not going to get fired. Mike Mcatyre just won ten games of Colorado. He can stay there as long as he wants.
Speaker 1: I think that's came under a little bit of fire this past offseason, rightfully, So he's not getting fired. Right. Clay Helton at USC not getting fired unless things really go south, and I guess he can't ever fully count it out at USC. Correct, Probably not getting fired. Yeah, that leaves you with four. My hunch is that Utah probably can't do a whole lot better than Kyle Whittingham. He is a really good football coach. There have been rumors of like strife between him and the athletic department. It's really old. I think they're in a good place. But I think they're in an okay place, and I'm confident in saying that Utah again, with nine wins under Whittingham, they've got no real reason to fire him. That leaves you with Arizona Schools, Arizona Schools and UCLA. Mm hmm. You would need all three of those coaches to get fired Dan. So I'm gonna say the under just by deductive reasoning. I'm taking the under as well. Gotta go under.
Speaker 2: It'd be surprising if Jim Morrow was back, just given the trajectory right now. But I think one of the two Arizona guys is at least their next year. Okay, let's go non college football for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, it is.
Speaker 2: From Mark which candy is the most overrated among the general public? I have an easy answer. That answer is Skittles. Skittle is not good. They're just not that good compared to the competition. Ty, where do you stand Reese's pieces?
Speaker 1: Really? That's my number one No, how do you not like Reese's pieces? I've never eaten a Reese's pieces and wanted a second I will get an RP every single time I go to the airport if I'm in the mood for something. So I don't want to make enemies here with big peanut butter. But I'm just saying that I've never had a Reese's pieces and then wanted a second one. Maybe do you like? The only exception might be those little iddy bitty ones that come individually wrapped. Sometimes those you need Yearney for a little bit more. They make the smaller ones now, they're not all like real big one. I don't think you know what a Reese's pieces is. I know what a piece. What is a Reese's piece?
Speaker 2: The Reese's pieces are smaller, smaller. What smaller peanut butter cuffs tie a Reese's pieces is like an M and M. Ah, it's a candy. No no, no, no's ty you are you are out of line, sir.
Speaker 1: I have a.
Speaker 2: Problem with the peanut butter candies. Okay, So the pieces is it looks like an M and M. But I believe they're just orange yellow and maybe brown. But like visually aesthetically they look like Eminem's.
Speaker 1: Can I let's just say anything in the like genus of the Reese's family.
Speaker 2: All right, that's fair, but you just outed yourself as Reese's ignorant. That's an I for one. I for one thought this show was above that.
Speaker 1: It isn't get used to it. You're talking about the butter cups, the smaller peanut butter cups, anything they make.
Speaker 2: I'm okay overrated, But can we just agree that you are not specifically be smirching the piece.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, just making sure I I am not discriminating. I'm throwing them all under the bus man the whole What.
Speaker 2: Will you eat like an M and M peanut butter or that's out to anything with peanut butter?
Speaker 1: I would eat that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just said anything with peanut butter is in the genus, the phylum of Obserd, the Reeses, the Reeses genus, Well, all the all.
Speaker 1: The M and M peanut butter thing is. It's a bigger version peanut butter, M and M. My head's about to X book time. This is unbelieve. Let's move on. This is gonna We're gonna get tweets about this more so than any college football thought. I'm gonna get you note et. I've seen et.
Speaker 2: I love those are pieces, Those are re pieces. Those were little cups. It wasn't a trail of cups. Just not a fan, not a fan of pieces, not a fan.
Speaker 1: Of any of them.
Speaker 2: I will say this, though, you can now get cups with pieces inside if you really wanted to be haunted.
Speaker 1: See they're all sort of cross pollinating at this point. How many keep them all straight?
Speaker 2: How many mustards are in your kitchen? Emmett wants to know, He said, an over under of two and a half for you and three for me. How many mustards two.
Speaker 1: And a half. I will count Deli yellow, any sort of brown, stone ground or milled mustard I will count, like a spicy Chinese a gray poupon I've got, I've got yellow, and I've got the brown spicy, which I believe I talked about at nauseum at some point last year. How brown spicy mustard has changed my life.
Speaker 2: If you're growing some sausages up, it's nothing better. So yeah, I'm under I think I have two. I think I have the straight yellow and like a Dijon type for when I make like a spicy your honeymustard dressing. Okay, so we're both under Yeah, We're under best album. Kenneth wants to know of the nineteen ninety nine triumvirate of emo American football, Clarity or something to write home about?
Speaker 1: I had two more to this. You have stronger opinions on this than I do, so go ahead.
Speaker 2: I will probably in terms of staying the test of time, I might go something to write home about. I will listen to that more than Clarity, although I think Clarity is wonderful. But that was also the same year as nothing gold can stay from newfound glory and through being cool, and I think I will have through being cool above everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, saves the day? Sounds good? Okay, do not have thoughts on this. I don't have strong path I was a big fan of Clarity, but okay, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Here is a wonderful question actually, before we go into this wonderful question that we're probably gonna sort of dive down a rabbit hole with quickly. Who has more wins this year is from Ben Jomen, Tom Herman at Texas, Charlie Strong at USF. Have you look at USF schedule their tough road game this year out of conference? Is the fighting a lion eye of Illinois.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go us. Oh excuse me, they play that game at home.
Speaker 2: Let's go usf Okay, agree, agree, Finally, yeah, Zach, If you guys were going to pull off an elaborate crime, oh, like a really big bank robbery, r theft, how would you do it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: How would Okay, let's clarify something off the top. I thought about this independent of you, because he said if you guys like we were doing it together. I don't know if it was together or individual. I thought about it solo, individual, like my own strategy if I were heading up a plan to rob a bank or like a really nice museum or gallery.
Speaker 1: I thought about it independent of you. Okay, good, same page, Independent of you. I feel like the first and most important step in planning an elaborate crime. Not that I'm advertising anyone do this, but I feel like you need to establish your alibi, okay, first and foremost, Like if you're gonna if you're gonna be in deep trying to steal like money in a bank, highest store art, you need to somehow establish an alibi by like, you know, not driving a GPS enabled vehicle. There, right, don't take your cell phone with you just go dark, as they say on on the shows. That's the first thing I think is most important. I also think i'd do it in broad daylight. Why. I feel like there are probably more booby traps at night, There are more things that could go wrong at night because of the darkness.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 1: I think my strategy is probably to do it in broad daylight, some sort of mask. It needs to be a mask, some sort of a tire to make them know that I'm serious and a little bit crazy like me. Where like a Florida State jersey. Okay, I think I'd go with the bank note approach. Okay, I go in there broad daylight, with the mask, with some sort of jersey to give me credibility. I'd slide a note across, but it would have to be one of those notes that was comprised of several cut up letters from a magazine, just to add the creepy and crazy factor to it. I would then do my best to get off into some sort of panel van, an unmarked van, no plates, and then what I've always wanted to do is sort of light that vehicle on fire at some point, so you're faking your own death, maybe faking my own death, but at least eliminating the getaway vehicle and like some back alley somewhere in a cornfield, light the van on fire so that no one can really get any forensics from it. That's the plan.
Speaker 2: That's the rough draft at this point. All right, So I'm going long con. So I'm doing some research ahead of time, and I'm figuring out who's working at this bank, who's working at this gallery, who's working at this museum, And I'm trying to figure out an in romantically ty Oh okay, I'm trying to find that in romantically, you know, if it's a bank, let's say bank, let's stay on the same page. I'm finding out tellers. I'm doing research, I'm doing some Listen. At this point, I'm a bank robber, so stalking is within my realm of awfulness, right, So you're trying to you're.
Speaker 1: Trying to develop an unwitting asset.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm absolutely doing it because I do not have the ability to guns blaze into a bank.
Speaker 1: I just that's not the humanity of that is.
Speaker 2: I don't have it. I just don't orly inhumanity, I don't have it. It's just not in my DNA but to be an awful person one on one. Sure, So I don't think I don't think it's like a James Bond type seduction, but you know, it's flirtation.
Speaker 1: It's you.
Speaker 2: You sort of figure out a way into this person's life, and then you can cox some sort of sob story about needing money, and you exhaust every you figure out a reason why you can't do everything that's on the level.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't sell this. I can't. I don't have any assets. I just need money.
Speaker 2: Like, what if we because you were in the bank, let's call her Audrey, what if we? I mean, nobody would ever know if we just did like a little bit of a time like that kind of thing, and it was just like a little bit, a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing what I would do next? So you're going office space like a couple cents at a time.
Speaker 2: Well that's not a couple cents at a time. That was a computer sort of heist, right. They were doing it through the Y two K exchange whatever. It was some sort of software thing. I'm doing maybe some kind of you know, there's cash on hand, there's petty cash on hand, and I know they counted at the end of the day whatever. But maybe at a certain point when she knows that there's like a rotation a transfer of the cash coming in or going out, that we figure out a way to sort of circumvent the process. We get away with the money and people aren't going to know for what a day. No, I'm very fortunate because my middle brother is a pilot, Okay, so I feel like we can possibly circumvent the sort of passports visa. We can get on a plane to somewhere foreign. I would think.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be on some sort of travel list after this.
Speaker 2: This is me and address. By the way, I don't think I know a single person named Audrey. No, but that's my plan right there. It's and but the problem is Audrey is going to think we're doing this for a noble reason, so I'm gonna have to figure out some way to ditch her in a non violent way. So it's a it's a long con sort of lost Sawyer. Did you watch the show Lost? Yeah, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: See, I'm just I don't like the fact that you're taking Audrey with you. I'm weapon No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I have to I'm including her in the initial heist, but then I'm ditching her, So I'm weaponizing my charm, tie weaponizing your charm and her emotions to get absolutely Yeah. I mean that's the only thing I can think of, because I just am not a killer, ty, I am not a stone cold killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wouldn't want to go in there and do bodily harm. I also wouldn't want to do anything that requires me to dangle from the ceiling like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible. I don't feel like that's a successful means of acquiring any kind of a lout.
Speaker 2: And you've got to get to a non extraditing country, or you got to get somewhere where you can definitely lay low.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, go in there with the mask, scare the be Jesus out of someone fifteen minutes in out unmarked panel van on fire, make your getaway into a non extradition country.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna have to do some research, and you're gonna have to go to a bank that doesn't have like the bulletproof glass because you're not a threat. If you slide a note under bulletproof glure, there's definitely going to need to be some research into this plan.
Speaker 1: Daan right. I'm not advocating don't do your research. Definitely do your research, but go in there brute force, make it happen. Get out right? Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Although, now that I'm saying all this out loud and realizing that my fiance works in finance, very fishy. It sounds very fishy, And I assure you I am deeply in love with her and would never do that, although I guess that's what I will say.
Speaker 1: If I were. I actually read a great bank robber tail in a fine publication on texture, Dan.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, I've read a couple of those myself. In long form magazine features.
Speaker 1: You're a big fan of dB Cooper always like jumping out of planes? Where to go? They still don't know? Love it? Texture can fill you in on all the details. dB Cooper and more define service. Over two hundred plus magazines are available. They offer access to in depth interviews articles from the convenience of your phone or tablet. Dan It is basically the Netflix for magazines. Yeah, for publications. They give you daily recommendations and exclusive interactive features that you can't get in the print edition of your favorite publications. They make it easy to enjoy the articles you want to read. Plus it's searchable, which is sort of cliche at this point in twenty seventeen. Everything the world the search, but not so much your magazines. And when you got them all at your fingertips and you can search for what kind of stuff you're into, I think that's sort of a differentiator. Plus you get bonus video content. Absolutely. Oh yeah, so get everything from Sports Illustrated to Esquire to Forbes, Forbes. Excuse me. They're all available way less money than you'd pay if you've got a subscription or even bought them all individually. Get it through. Texture was selected as one of Apple's top twenty sixteen iPad apps. Normally this service is not ninety nine a month, but if you sign up right now at texture dot com t e X t u r e dot com slash Solid, you will get a fourteen day free free trial. Nice fourteen days try texture for free when you go to texture dot com slash Solid one more time. That is Texture dot com slash Solid ty what nonsports podcast listen to Jake wants to know my brother? My brother and me. Oh yes, it's my favorite.
Speaker 2: How you've only recently started listening, right, Well, I've I've No, that's not true. I've been a long time my Big Bam listener Solid Wife Kate.
Speaker 1: But right, I didn't listen for a while. Then I picked it back up at your prodding because I know you're a fan as well. I got Solid Wife Kate into it. She now has a longer commute than she has at any point in her Oh yeah, adult life. Is she gonna go tangential mackelroythe shows? See she I think she's started dipping her toes in the water. Okay, listen to a little bit of Rose Buddies, Adventure Zone whatnot. I'm still sticking with the flagship My Big Bam, but I have, I have dabbled with the TV show. I'm very excited with what they're doing right now.
Speaker 2: And as background, my brother, my brother and me for anybody that is not familiar, three brothers give advice and it gets weird, and they also answer question They give advice people right in with questions. They give funny advice and then they also answer questions from Yahoo answers y which is all just ridiculous and you should listen. And two of the three brothers are Vox Media employees that were for Polygon. It's an unbelievably popular show. Hilarious, go listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so that would be my obvious answer. Give me an un obvious.
Speaker 2: Let me pull up the old the old text mission here. While you do that, I will tell you I started listening to one last night. It is about as unsports. It's a little bit sports, ye, if you consider fitness sports. Missing Richard Simmons.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of this? Yes?
Speaker 2: I have, Okay, Missing Richard Simmons. Richard Simmons, of course, the very famous fitness teacher or whatever entertainment figure for the last two years. It's like basically disappeared and like won't leave his house and it's like a big mystery. And his friends, who are I think, one of whom is like a movie producer of some kind of la started this podcast and it's just them investigating what the hell happened to Richard Simmons. It sounds sort of strange and esoteric. I assure you it's pretty captivating. Really, it's great. They're like twenty five thirty minute episodes, so it's really quick. I think there's only been three or four that have been released. I'm telling you it's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Other shows, I'd call out Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, Oh right, right, right, a personal favorite. It's like an audio book. He does an outstanding job. I will also throw a shout out to my good friends who do the Last Row Podcast Movie podcast, Oh right, all right? Have been a guest on the show What movie did you do? Examining some of the movies that you forgot your loved? You know, I don't even remember, think'bout have done Ghostbusters? Nice? A little bit of a Ghostbuster's historian. But okay, yeah, I don't know. Are there any other ones.
Speaker 2: That I listened to consistently? Not really, it's a bunch of sports ones. I really like listening to a bunch of NBA ones. You know, Espianation has great podcasts and you should listen to all of them. I really like Limited Upside, non Espianation, NBA one. The True Hoop podcast at ESPN puts out is to do a good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really that one a lot? Okay?
Speaker 2: Next question, ty Yeah, Amber combines two things I'm loving here, football and food. When watching football, is it better to have solid meals or lots of snacks?
Speaker 1: All day long. Gotta go solid meals. I'm gonna go solid meals as well. Gotta go solid meals. I have a problem. And maybe this is a little TMI, but if you're a monster, yeah, that's right. If you go snacks all day long, it tends to upset the balance of the digestive process, right, and therefore you get odd results. Let's stick with what got you here, Dan, Yeah, and just go solid meals. Stick to a regular schedule. It's going to be a long day. Do your best to try and go solid meals at predictable times. You can say whatever you'd like about this show, if you don't like this show, if you love this show, but you will never accuse us of not caring about your poops. We are all about poop health on the solid from and Ty just showed that to everybody right here, and I applaud you, Ty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to go solid meals here, just because I look forward to the variety of things I don't get to eat out all that often, even though I live in New York, and sort of thinking about things to make for lunch when people come over for games on the weekend, or ordering for dinner stuff like that. I think it's a little bit more fun, and you can include snacks with that. You can say I'm going to make let's make tacos, and we'll make some nachos for everybody to share. I think you can do both on a certain level. But yeah, it becomes a little bit dangerous your snacking all day. I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: All right, we will close out with this final question here, Dan hit me, I'm ready. Matt wants to know what are the mandatory songs for a wedding reception?
Speaker 2: I love this question. I was at a wedding this past weekend and it helped me. Hone my opinion about this, how are you putting together your wedding playlist? Okay, so we've already met with the band. We're having a band, not a DJ. And I feel very strongly about one very specific thing, and that is it's a dance floor. There should be dance music, okay, and so that eliminates like all eighties rock for me, because you're not really dancing that. Like if you're you can shout along to bon Jovi, you know you can, You're not dancing to that. You're just sort of like maybe your fist is in the air, like that's not fun. I don't want to do that. No, I want to move, I want I want rhythm, I want a baseline, I want to beat. That's what I want. It's a dance floor, not a stand floor. All right, So mandatory songs to me, everybody hit feels differently. Do your thing, and like this past weekend there was a good it was a good intro of dance music and then it went like heavy eighties pop rock that wasn't really danceable and people abandoned the dance floor.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I think the couple likes that kind of music and that's cool.
Speaker 2: But so like I'm thinking, like pyt a lot of them, like I go heavy, Michael Jackson from the eighties, like Thriller era Michael Jackson, whatever, bad, whatever, I want to dance with somebody, Whitney Houston, Poison from Bell BIV Devou can't stop the feeling. Just Timberlake, great dance song, You make My dreams. Hollan Oates like I would love some shout, get some Moldies in there, get everybody involved, Valerie the newer song It's Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse that's that's a great little dance number.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I know I just sounded a thousand years old by calling it a dance number, right, yeah, But I will insist that those types of songs you want people dancing. They had people at this wedding dancing when the band took a break and they just started playing I want to Dance with somebody, Like over the pa people hit the dance floor and mass just because they wanted to dance.
Speaker 1: Will you be launching into the treasure trove of mid to late nineties boy bands? No, probably not. You're not going to do any in sync.
Speaker 2: So I think those specifically because of like the sort of harmonic the harmonies that the guys have together, it's hard to replicate in a in a fun way with a band.
Speaker 1: I think, see, here's the thing, give me, here's the acific song. Here's why you're wrong about that. It does doesn't even matter how good the performance is, right all right, it's just the fact that they're playing it that will get people up.
Speaker 2: Do you want people dancing or singing along? I want both? Okay, I want both. I'm fine with either. Let's why which is it is too late for me?
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm fine with Journey. I'm fine with Living on a prayer. See those two. Those two lose me. I want people leaving my wedding sweaty, don't stop believing. Living on a prayer are two mandatory songs. I totally disagree. Mandatory songs in my.
Speaker 2: We in meeting with the band are do not. Playlist was all eighties rock. That's fine, that's fine. I am discouraged by the fact that you're not gonna go and sink. I feel like that's a staple. Give me a song, any of them, I would, okay, But like, what is the most danceable in sync song. It doesn't think danable, That's my point. I think it's probably it's gonna be me.
Speaker 1: Gonna be gonna be my boom could go bye bye bye. Yeah, that's fine. I've got all sorts of options there. I'm not saying I'm the biggest fan in the world, but I'm telling you, at a at a regal event such as a wedding where you're gonna have a bunch of early thirty somethings, that kind of stuff plays. It doesn't matter how good the band performs it.
Speaker 2: Don't don't give me a false equivalence of Backstreet Boys being like in sync and sinc is far superior.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows this.
Speaker 2: Agreed, agreed, Okay, I know what we're gonna close on, Tye. All right, well, slow dance if you play that in the old time your wedding.
Speaker 1: I am hopping on the flight home asap, and we're never doing this show again.
Speaker 2: We're gonna show highlights of the Gipper on a big screen. Don't even think about it, New Rockney. Yeah, I feel strong like people should be sweating. That's that's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Tie. Will these be recognizable songs though? Oh yeah, don't get super indie hipster on me. Make sure there's songs that we know.
Speaker 2: There's nothing indie hipster, there's nothing. It'll be like eighties, nineties, some current stuff. Will we play some burno mars?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? All right? Absolutely? All right? See now now we're now we're speaking the same language here. Sure, I'm just saying you can dance to that. Absolutely. I'm excited for your weddings. You know I'm coming, right, I told you.
Speaker 2: I believe that I knew that you were coming. We're in Let's see how long do we have Now we're under three months. Yeah, about two almost two and three quarters a month, something like that.
Speaker 1: Two and a half ish. All right, I'll be there. I'm exciting. I'm exciting. One great and we're on we're on schedule. Tie. Everything is going well. Did you get your suit yet? Have not gotten my suit yet? You gotta get on that dog. I will, I will. I'm not worried.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I'm excited. No, everything is good. We know how we're going to plan bank heists.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to get to Matt's question the next time we do a Q and A about his Michigan State fandom and his wife's Nebraska fandom or flip flop that. Yeah, we got to snacks, we got to Tom Herman, we got a lot of Penn State talk, we got some new quarterback talk in uh oh, quickly. I will answer this question because you can't contribute it all to this beyond confirming something. Michael wants to know the best food truck in Los Angeles. It's an actual assignment he has in college, which, holy crap, Wow, what a class, What a great college? Marisco? Salisco is unbelievably good. It might be my favorite. It's the best shrimp taco in America, and they have other really good Mexican seafood that's downtown, the Kogie Barbecue truck, which Tie has been to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really really good tacos.
Speaker 2: And a bunch of other Mexican with Crean influenced kind of stuff. Ricky's best fish taco to America. To me, it's that's on East Hollywood. Leo's couple locations, very very very good. Alpastor tacos. Gorilla taco is more avant garde, a little more gourmet, but it's from a truck and it's great. And carnetas El Momo, which I think is only open on the weekends, but superior carneitas.
Speaker 1: Those are my answers. All right, So here is the deal. As you know, the college basketball bracket is from March Madness get released on Sunday. Yes, we've always had a bracket. We'll put that bracket out there so anyone can sign up. We'll do it through ESPN dot com as we have each and every year. Sign up, do a funny name. We'll shout out the winner of that. We will not be providing any actual analysis for that basketball tournament. I haven't watched a single minute of college basketball all year, really single minute. Oregon's really good. It might be a one seat so that gets me watching. I haven't watched a single minute. But we will be having a pick and pool, so do get in on that. Next week, we're going to do our secret garbage bracket. Are we not? We are and we need your help. We need your help, so write in soliverbot gmail dot com, send us your lists, share out your Google docs, tweet us, Facebook us, what have you. We are looking for things that people are into but are secretly garbage. People like blank, but it's secretly garbage. We have not yet figured out the format for this show. How we'll organize the brackets. Literally everything about it remains up in the air. So if you have any hot takes, please let us know. Yes, and I will say right now, the solid verbal is already on there. Solid verbal is already on solid verbal is already on there, So you don't need to submit that. We understand how you feel, but you still are with us and we're eternally grateful. So yes, Like I would say skittles, people like skittles, I think skittles are garbage.
Speaker 2: And I would say the Reese's family. You would say the Reese's family. So we will Can we concoct a Google form? Are you an advanced enough computer?
Speaker 1: I am an advanced Google Forms user.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so, and that'll be very easy. You just enter what your name and things that you think are garbage that people like I would add ketchup to.
Speaker 1: That ketchup will be in the bracket. We're gonna have to discuss this. This is gonna get this is gonna this could be the schism between us, it ends the show. Yep, I imagine that's going to be the case. So stay tuned next week and then the week after will actually be the verbies. So a bunch of interactive elements now coming to a head. We are finalizing the Verbi's bracket. You can vote on your favorites. We'll do the award show in two weeks. We'll do the garbage bracket next week, and then we've got a bunch of fun stuff coming up after that.
Speaker 2: I will also say this ty, and then we can close it out. I just wanted a quick message out there, Audrey. I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I got in over my head. I didn't know what to do. I never planned on falling in love with you. That was never part of the plan. And it's not who I am, it's who I was. And I hope you can forgive me someday.
Speaker 1: For that guy over there, Dan Rubensy for myself, Ty Hildebrand, thanks again for tuning into the show. Hit us up at iub dot com, slash cliverbleslibble dot com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat. We will catch you all in a week. Based off peacea