Speaker 1: Comedy Off Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes David Cross July twenty fourth and twenty fifth, Then catch Jeff Allen July thirtieth through August first, and don't miss Zanab Johnson August seventh and eighth. Comedy Up Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty nine years later. Four tickets called eight five, nine, two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot com Comedy off by Well.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone, It is Kentucky Sports Radio. Monday, July the twenty seventh. I met Jones after about a week and a half for being gone. Glad to be back here. We got Ryan Lemon, We've got Drew Franklin. Shannon is on vacation. It won't be all of us together, I think literally until like the last week of August, because everybody spreads out. But we will have some of us the whole time. I'll be here the rest of the time. Clark's bumpa chop phone lines eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven A Vision Auto Glass text Maen seven seven five two, five four in this edition sponsored by the TJ. Smith Office called TJ He'll make them pay guys. It feels like I've been gone a long time. I mean when I left, the TBT hadn't even started yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, you've been going seel like he's been gone a long time.
Speaker 2: I missed all the games, all of them except the last two minutes of yesterday's kick.
Speaker 3: Well, you saw a good part which was fun.
Speaker 2: I watched it on the runway as I landed at the airport in Judecinnati, and I watched it and I gave a little fist pump as as Khalil Whitney got his dunk. Was exciting, and it was I was at the uh my little nerd camp fellowship which is now and did unfortunately made me sad.
Speaker 4: Did you get a little diplomba little ribbon?
Speaker 2: Well we did. We did have a little ceremony, did you Yes, yes, And you know it's said I've I've spent spent almost a month with those people in like six day increments, right, you know, went to uh Alabama, Colorado, Towy, South Africa, Amsterdam, and uh you know it's like it was like when you were kid, you went to church camp and then you had to leave, and everybody got sad. It was a little bit of sad because I don't know they will ever be together as a group again. I'm sure I'll see some of them, but not collectively, and you'll try to stay in touch maybe. So like one of the things we said at the end, we were gonna plan annual reunions, and I'm sure not everyone will come, but apparently everyone's gonna host at some point, and I might have gotten volunteered for the first one. Yeah, so I might have twenty people coming in April, because I was like, well in April, because this is a good question, when would be the best time to invite people to Kentucky, Like seriously if you and again twenty people, because like I can't get them all tickets to like UK games, And I suggested April because spring's coming, Keenland guns open, they could do the Bourbon Trail. Still nice, but it's not oppressively hot, right, What do you think? That was what my situation? What do you think is the best month it'd come here? You can eliminate ten months. It has to be April or October. So I like going with the Spring, but you got to take them to Keenland. That like that was to last. Those are your two options. It's like, I mean, these people, none of them have even been to Kentucky except like one.
Speaker 3: And you developed kind of close relationship with a couple of the people that didn't you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean if I mind to entertained twenty, I'm i gotta have something for him to do. They can't sit at.
Speaker 3: My house, that house all weekend.
Speaker 2: We have to do something. And it feels like that might be when there's the most to do because I can't get twenty tickets to Rupperena, Like I'm not gonna be able to do that.
Speaker 4: Maybe uh, in October Big Blue Badness, you could probably get twenty tickets.
Speaker 2: To get twenty tickets. That's actually not a bad idea, the October Big Blue Madness. And then if that could be, like, well, get your own football teakets. Maybe they play Youngstown again October. Yeah. Well, anyway, it was good and then, uh, I'll talk more about this later. Went to ESPN. I was there the day after they let it fired everybody, So that was kind of a weird.
Speaker 3: Walking into a weird situation, weren't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was kind of a weird new you know, office space you could use. Yeah, so that wasn't That wasn't fun. But miss the TVT. I don't know about you. I kind of think the TVT is awesome. I mean, I know Drew does, because he tweeted it out and then they then amplified it everywhere. Drew is the face of the TVT nationally.
Speaker 4: Oh I love it. I mean, while you were gone, I got to stir the pot with Louis fans and watch them burn. Mario and I've been to every game. Well I didn't go to Littleville. I've been to every home game. I've really gotten into it more than I expected. I didn't think they'd be able to compete with how it was two years ago.
Speaker 2: I'm locked in the games. First of all, Mario is the one Ryan that loves TVT the most. He is, so I have built in my house a studio room, right, and in order to have a background that looked good on TV, I had like, I've got this guy in there who's built like a basketball floor kind of background on the wall. Cool, But it meant he had to do construction while I was gone. So I gave Mario my key and he was gonna let the guy in and out every day. Right, so Mario's been just sitting like out by the pool, naked the whole time. Oh I'm naked. But Mario had the run of the plays. And then he asked me. When they played at Louisville, he looked at me, or he called me and said, hey, man, you care if I cut out of here. I want to go to the game at Louisville. And that was the game we lost by like forty I think, But that tells you how much he wanted. He wanted to go to Louisville to watch it too. So we get destroyed right at Louisville. And then it looked like from afar there was drama. Yeah, there was so explain to me the drama. Archie had not played the first two games, right, we knew he would miss game one, but then he missed game two. He was expected to be a game too, and they announced a day of inactive. And then was it Aaron Harrison that tweeted something on the team.
Speaker 4: He just had a baby just as the tournament's gone on.
Speaker 2: But he must really care about this if he's tweeting at home.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's tweeted more about TBT than I think he's ever tweeted.
Speaker 2: He's It does seem like the Harrisons, like this is the most all in on blue they've ever been. Right, did Andrew tell you all he was was going to play till his legs fall?
Speaker 4: Did He's been diving on the floor. He talks the most trash of anyone out there. I mean, he's passionate about it.
Speaker 2: I love watching those guys, the two of them specifically being all in on Kentucky because they had bumpy parts of their career. And then and and here and Andrew tell you all, I'm gonna play and talk. I can't do it anymore. I love that.
Speaker 3: Like Drew said, man, he's talking more trash right now than he did in his entire two years at Kentucky. He loves it so much. In the little games where you really saw where he was just like talking the.
Speaker 2: Whole Montrans like eats us up right?
Speaker 3: Second game?
Speaker 2: And what did Willy get injected with for games? Because he the last two games looks like he's been like old Willy. He's been here Grandpaul Willy in the first two games. He's been very open with us about how he wanting the money. At the end of the line, I think maybe there might have been some financial incentives that got him geared up for that game. But you know, Archie and some of the other guy's been doing all the scoring. But Willie's been a game changer out there hobbling around on a bad leg and playing on one leg.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, his defense on Montrez was the difference in the game. But thank goodness, Archie Goodwin decided to play because he's our best player.
Speaker 2: By so, Archie comes for game for the Soal, the Louisville game winning game. Did I didn't get to see any of that. Did we lead the whole time?
Speaker 3: Or no? Archie had three at halftime, score nineteen in the second half. He just took over in the second half.
Speaker 2: He is Archie seems like he like, how did he not really make the league? Because he seems good.
Speaker 4: He hung around for a little bit with the Suns and I think the nets. But he's I've said this before, he even showed up election And if we can get Archie to play, he'll be the best player in the tournament. I mean, you know, he's still active. We talked about that one on one he does. He still averages like twenty nine a game overseas. I mean, Archie is good, good, especially for this format, and it showed.
Speaker 2: So then they played Beheim Army. I feel like that team's in it every.
Speaker 4: They are right and they're pretty good regulars.
Speaker 2: And that was it. A great game.
Speaker 4: It looked like we let at halftime and gave it up in the second half, and it looked like they were gonna end up stealing it.
Speaker 2: And then I watched the end. Archie was amazing at the end. He just took over, man, He just took over the game. He's and then Khalil Whitney getting the winning dunk and looks it looked to me like he could have committed a crime after it was over, like no one you would not have wanted to say something to the dragon after that dunk, I don't think right.
Speaker 3: He had a monster block before that. He made two big plays and then that follow up dunk and went to win it and to walk it off was perfect for that guy. That guy I think had a little redemption playing for the TVT the last two years. So happy for him.
Speaker 2: So let me say what I like the most about this TVT. I love that Archie Goodwin and Khalil Whitney specifically are getting to see what's so great about this plot's exactly right that to me, even if they don't in another game, they are being embraced and you can tell Drew it matters to both of us. I mean, Khalil Whitney's a little more open about it, but Archie in his own way, Like you can tell that being embraced in this environment has mattered to them definitely.
Speaker 4: Last night they were the press conference with Willie, and Willie was like, I had a great experience here. These guys didn't, so we're happy just to see them they go. I mean, Mario was there. They couldn't get out of the gym. The line for autographs and pictures was so long, and that's something that they've talked about really helped reconnect them with the fan base.
Speaker 2: And I love that the fan base that wants to go to those can get what Drew you and I and Ran you have as well. We've kind of had these close personal experiences with UK basketball that's becoming harder and harder to do. It is for you know, a variety of reasons. You can have that at that time. Yes, you can actually meet the guys. You can be right next to the court. And I love that. And like I said, I love seeing the twins be like that. And now they're what two games away from two and both of those games would be.
Speaker 3: Here right, Yeah, they play Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: You can see their Kansas or Wichita sta right, both schools.
Speaker 4: So we have history twenty twelve rematch or a Lynn Marshall rematch. I mean we have.
Speaker 2: History Lynn Marshall King. I love that you two just started screaming at each other. That would be great. I think you're a personal mar scream at each other for during the game.
Speaker 4: The Wichital team, that's another one. Like Beahem's Army, like they've been at forever. They might have even won the whole thing they had last year or the year before. I think they have that games tonight.
Speaker 3: You mentioned those guys feeling the love. They stay and sign every autograph.
Speaker 2: See that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I know it's it kind of speaks highly of who they are as a person.
Speaker 2: Now, who are the people? I don't know. There's one guy that seems really good, Daryl Morrisel Daryl Morsel, it really good and he played at West Virginia.
Speaker 3: Maryland and Marquette.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that guy had a good shout. Okay, a couple more shout outs. Shout out to quant twenty the GM. Yes, don't know where you got Darryl Morsel? Does he have any connection to Kentucky? All the through here? One time all these guys were big TVT stars on other teams, and they changed the format where a lot of teams were just disbanded on in it this year, so there was a big free agent pool of TBT players. Well, whoever signed Darryl Good job twenty And then when did John Hood become John Hooden TVT Coach of the Year TVT Coach of the Year, I mean John Hooden. He's like the play he ran up to beat Louisville. Yeah, that bound bounds play. It's better than any play Cal ran in thirteen years. Cal has not running him. That was Tubby ESK bound play.
Speaker 4: Mario and I where we stand on the baseline, We're right next to the bench, And I spend just as much time watching John hood as it of the action because he is taking it so seriously.
Speaker 2: He is constantly coaching them good. John Hood took everything insanely seriously during his time here. He was not first of all, I'm glad you've mended because he hated us. I don't know if he does. He hated us before it was cool to hate us. And his dad if I saw his dad, if I saw his dad, I think his dad would just throw me into the water. The moment he saw dad was not a fan. But now I'm all in on John Hood. He is the best coach I've seen. I mean literally, I don't think he could recruit like Cal, but Cal could have used him drawing up plays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the other team's coaches, you know, just kind of sit there. They'll get up now a little bit. Hoodie is up the whole game.
Speaker 2: Those guys seemed to listen to him because he was their teammate.
Speaker 4: Well Andrew said on he was on the show this Friday, he was like, I'm just gonna say this, he's kind of a butthole of a coach.
Speaker 2: Like he's really is. I'm sure he's kind of a butthole of a coach.
Speaker 4: There was a cool moment last night. There was a terrible call. We can get into that later. But Willier one of the players was giving it to the ref and Hood came over and said, sit out. I got this and just started laying to the ref for him.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. He had to be held back at one point, and then I loved your Shigary camp. Ohio is on the front row. He is nine and a half feet tass is and he is in on every play.
Speaker 4: He was up in the Lexus lounge up top, you know, with the buffet and the VIP. Second half, he moves down there. He didn't sit down. I have ten minutes of Shigari footage. I just kept watching him too. He ran onto the court right after Whitney's jump. By the way, no security when the game's open. Oh, everyone is running on the court, rushing the floor.
Speaker 2: I mean there are like you. First of all, there are more media at this game than any game I've ever seen. Who are these people on the sideline? I saw who's who. I couldn't tell if it was everybody that worked at foot Locker or if they were a report Like Mario, are you in charge of press credentials? Because you're letting everybody listen. I would say to you if you work at a small town donut shop, apply for press credentials.
Speaker 3: They'll put you right on the floor. Well, Shagari was in that where he was sitting. You could see him on every play coming down and there was one play late in the game, a crucial play right in front of him, and he's up and jumping up and down like a cheerleader over there. It was fun to watch him.
Speaker 4: So the crafts are more acting, especially Cally Day. There aren't actually UK games. There was a point in a little game she was playing defense. She was a couple of feet on her floor. You know, we've had Oscar in the crowd. Yeah, so Oscar's been at the game. Yeah, good for That's awesome. So they play Wednesday night Day Night. See, I haven't been yet. Now I'm worried.
Speaker 2: I'm scared to go because I don't want to jink some but I kind of want to be there. It feels like kind of a party. Is it kind of a party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they you know, UK Athletics is hosting it. So they play money money like the timeout.
Speaker 2: It's like a mini rof in there, Mario, can you not get the ox cord? We're still playing Mony Moe.
Speaker 4: The fans that are there really get into it.
Speaker 2: Okay, good point.
Speaker 4: Yesterday the ref who was terrible. Uh, fans are just giving it to him, and he said, only a Kentucky will fans give you hell.
Speaker 2: On a Sunday, I was mad at the ref on an airplane.
Speaker 3: I was amazed how anxious I got towards the end of the game too.
Speaker 2: Why Why am I anxious?
Speaker 3: Why am I like for a summer league basketball game?
Speaker 2: I mean I literally on the game winning steal when Willie got it, I was I was saying, pull it out, pulling out because I knew Archie would miss the layup, but then there was Khalil Whitney and they won.
Speaker 3: Archie needed to hit that because he had won last year. He talked about it, I think the postgame news cars and he missed it last year.
Speaker 2: So he did miss it.
Speaker 4: Missed a lot of free throws last year in the loss. Yeah, it has been a problem. Well, we're gonna have to work Hoodie. You need to work on that. Oh he probably had him up at six am and.
Speaker 2: The John wins friends. Well, it was a lot of fun. We're gonna talk about I got to talk about will Stein's because of me, because I wasn't here he and uh, we're gonna do a lot. So we'll maybe open the phones in the second hour, but a lot to get So congrats the TV to play Wednesday night. What time, Mario don't know? Seven seven okay, so we uh, I guess.
Speaker 3: They played tonight Wichita State. Kansas State played tonight regular Kansas.
Speaker 2: Mario Chalmers is playing for Kansas. He's got to be like eighty Wow.
Speaker 4: Syracuse had Eric Devendor. He didn't play. He was on the bench. He's about to turn forty one.
Speaker 2: Good man. I hope our guys keep playing until they're forty one. We got to get some of these young guys play. They need to move it. It's up against the summer league. Yeah, so that's some of these recent Pope guys. We should be great. Yeah, all right, we'll take a break right backs. I've got the text machine back. Let's get it going again. We got some but like, let's get it back to our good numbers. Seven seven two seven seven four five two five four one person rights Matt. I was at the game yesterday. I have to tell you I haven't had that much fun at UK events in a long time. I would say everyone should come my ch kid and I had a blast. I could see that totally. I mean I can see that those smalls, like I said, sort of intimate UK events can be a ton of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these good kids are don't get to go to Roperna.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Now mom and dad can buy him a ticket. They can afford to go to these games and have just as much fun as you do it Rough.
Speaker 2: I bet they'll have a good crowd on Wednesday. One person rights, Matt, I don't like these tbt. We make it a big deal. These people come crawling back to Lexington. When they were here, they thought they were too good to be here and one to get out as fast as they could. Well, I don't think that's fair. But even if you think that, were you not a nineteen year old kid and made mistakes. I mean a lot of times you don't appreciate what you had until you left. I mean I know for me personally, I appreciate Middlesbrough, where I grew up a lot more after I left than when I was there. When I was there, I couldn't wait to go somewhere else. And now when I look back, I have I'm like fond memories and I like visiting and you know, so like that's understandable. They've matured, they're older, someone are in their thirties now, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I've seen a lot of people hate no. I gain it's not the best basketball, okay, but what else did you do yesterday from two to four?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What was so much better?
Speaker 2: I'm yelling at referees in July? I appreciate that now. You told me during the break, I said everyone got credentialed. Alan Cutler got denied a credential to the TBT.
Speaker 3: And it's a big, big mistake at TBT. I don't know how you cannot credential Alan Cutler, but.
Speaker 2: He I wish Shandon was here. Shannon would have some funny lines. How did they not crunch? I don't know the man.
Speaker 3: I'm on Alan's side on this.
Speaker 4: I was shocked. Allan's had twenty on his show at Kircrease on the show to promote it to oh yeah the day before. But he's been you know, we listened, he's been really hyping it up. And as you said, it seems they let anybody in. I cannot believe Coulor didn't get approved.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe they misread his Mario.
Speaker 2: Did they let him in later?
Speaker 4: No, he's not been the whole time, so he is like he is banned.
Speaker 2: He's like me on the SEC network from tvt Wow.
Speaker 3: TBT needs to extend to Olive Branch and invite him to come to the game on Wednesday, give him a front row seat on press row.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe they didn't.
Speaker 3: I can't either.
Speaker 4: And he was really promoting it and still is.
Speaker 2: I mean literally, it looked like everyone was there and they drew the line of Cutlor. We got Paul from Paul who just like hangs used to hang out at the bar. He got credential.
Speaker 3: Paul got a credential, Okay, and now I don't want to get it.
Speaker 2: Paul got credential.
Speaker 3: You got Color, one of the most iconic legendary media figures this town has ever had.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Paul got a credential. Color didn't.
Speaker 4: Paul's done a good job for us Team Cutler on this and no, I couldn't believe.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. That's you gotta like Color, you have to, especially, I mean, I mean, he's no Paul.
Speaker 3: Somebody made a mistake somewhere and they needed to correct it and invite that man Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing. All right, let's talk. Uh oh, one more thing, you too took a picture with Vince Marrow. Yep. First of all, what were this scenario? How did you get the picture?
Speaker 4: Well, he walked in after tip off and Mario were on the other side of the court, and I told Mario, I said, first time out, I'm walking straight across this court and put nails down in his face. So first time out, walked straight across court. He was very friendly, asking, very friendly, asked about my baby. It was cordial. Then we said let's get a photo. Paul actually took the photo.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why you credited it.
Speaker 4: I did hell's down and Vince said, come on man, and he smacked my hand and I just put it right back up.
Speaker 2: Well so did Mario. See both had ails down. It was all good natured. We were having fun. But fans didn't like. They lost their minds. They called you two goons. Yeahs our goon, cans our goon. They were so mad, accused Vince of wearing a blue shirt. It was tell and Vince has been online like going fighting with him. Yeah, yeah, fans, I got more for Louisville later in the show. But louill fans they do this every year in TBT. They get really into TBT, then they lose and say it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Matt doesn't matter. That's what they do every year.
Speaker 4: And they're accusing Vince of being on the blue side. He was talking trash to us about how louis was about to win by fifty. He was hitting us with go cards. I mean, he was all about Louisville and in our conversation. But just because we did the little hand signal, they just got so I love.
Speaker 2: That you did the hand signal. Well, they were mad at him.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, you and Kenny Payne were sitting here to hers U L. Sheriff. He even had a response to it, just about U of L.
Speaker 2: Sheriff's wrath. Vince Marrow, you're being charged with treason.
Speaker 3: They think Vince is not all in with the cards, and they're so losing their mind about it.
Speaker 2: Because they don't. The people that get mad have no friend, okay, like like Vince is our friend, I'm gonna make fun of him. No worst speller on the planet, true, like literally the worst speller that's ever and he had four misspellings in his posts about it. Just get somebody to look at it. But we still love him, yes, and he's our friend. He was talking trash. That's what makes it a rival. People that get mad about they don't have friends. All those U of L people that have friends are nice. They would take a picture with Drew.
Speaker 3: Became a big story because of the way the Louisville fans reacted to it.
Speaker 2: But the sheriffs, Yeah, he gets mad about it.
Speaker 4: They're so mad. Somebody wrote me there like they're talking about you on ESPN Radio Louisville.
Speaker 2: He's like, God, I can't imagine being that bored and lonely. The diamond toopping. Who could a UK assistant coach take a picture with? That would make any Kentucky fan mad if they took a picture with Drew Deaner. Would anyone care? Mike Rutherford, No, No one would care. No. But U of L fans you casts are goons, yes.
Speaker 3: Ore goons.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Vince lives in Lexington. I mean like that you he lives in Lexington. We know he wants to be here, right, We're still friends with him, but does he want to be here? Yeh.
Speaker 4: He enjoys it here.
Speaker 2: He commutes every day by Waddy to go coach that football team. We'll be right back, quarterback, take you sports radio. One person writes on the text machine seven seven two seven to seven four five two five for will Stein should hire Vince Back just to troll Louisville. I don't think that would happen. I think there's some bad feelings between their UK's recruiting people and Louisville's recruiting people, So I don't think that would happen. But for just seeing Louisville's head, Louisville's fans head explode, I'd love it.
Speaker 3: That would be funny and good content for us.
Speaker 2: I don't think that would ever happen. One person writes, Matt, would you take a picture with Pat Kelcey or Jeff Broum. Of course I would, yeah, yeah, I mean, of course, Drew's more like I probably wouldn't throw the l's down, but that's what Drew's more. Drew and Mario like they should do it. But yeah, I would take a picture. I mean I would take a picture with anything. I don't understand people who get mad at taking pictures. We've talked about this, like if Donald Trump was here, I would take a picture with them. I might frown, but I would take a picture. Would I took a picture with Matt Bevin? Like yeah, you know it's picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially if I can throw the l's down with someone that coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then throwing the l's down makes it, you know, thro that pot a little bit, writes KSR. Goons need to be a T shirt. They do need to be a tacher. By the way, KSR merchandise is coming back this fall. It is after a long time of kind of not having it, We're gonna have it again this fall. So I'm excited about It's been a long time. We kind of just you know, let it, let it fade away. And that's time to bring it back because I peep. You know most of the shirts you see those are two years old or more.
Speaker 3: It's been a good, good run for KSR for T shirts being called knuckleheads. Now he've been called goons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two good T shirts.
Speaker 4: Knucklehead shirt on at the game yester year.
Speaker 2: One person writes, Matt Mitch Barnhardt has twenty tickets to every game you could game to let them use it for your group. You go get that's he's dealing up with all those tickets.
Speaker 3: Them away, But I think he's got one just for like him, so he took all of them away. Yeah, I know. I think he's got like his still immediate family, like.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but they didn't give him the twenty or whatever.
Speaker 3: That's what I understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure they do it back a little, all right, will Stein, Yeah, because of me, you missed all this. I missed it, but I loved it from Afar. That was a travel day for me. That was Monday, so I was in the airport a lot, so I watched Will Steins thing. I knew the moment he said because of me, I was like, that's going to be a thing. I knew it. You could just tell. First of all, shout out to Adam Luckett for being on every sports broadcast in America. It was because in order to show it, you had to show the question.
Speaker 3: I'd asked the question.
Speaker 2: That's a good like little tip for journalists. Ask a question where they can't show it on the highlight unless they show you. Ain't teed it up for him. He carding a team up. So he says, because of me, I thought it was great. I love it, you know, Kurt Signetti and Indiana said google me, right, there's nothing really to google about Will yet because he hasn't been a head coach. But the confidence, I mean, if I was another team, I mean, the thing is when you do that, if he doesn't win, they will play that clip for eternity, So like, you have to have a lot of self confidence to do it. And Drew I loved that he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you could google him. His offense and quarterback success is attractive right now. But once they kick it off, he'll have to win. It'll be played a lot either way. If he's winning, it'll be played a lot, and if he's not winning, it'll be played a lot. But just I'll even say a little bit of arrogance there to say it. And the pause, there's a lot of it.
Speaker 2: I like the pause. He knew what he was gonna do. He's like he was sitting there thinking is this worth it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And then he decided it is.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite part. That's like three second pause where he's trying to Okay, am I going to say this? I want to say this? Should I say this? Yeah? I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 4: It's so much better than what we had the last few years.
Speaker 2: Off.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be a headline. I don't want to be a headline. I don't want to be a headline.
Speaker 2: But see, I'm glad you brought that up. If you're at Kentucky, especially now at this stage of the program, we want to be a headline. We need to be a headline. Yes, I would say you could make a strong argument the outside of Lane Kiffin's whole mia culpa, I'm changing my way, He's will Stein was the second biggest story of media days and you agree.
Speaker 4: With that day and Keiffin was Thursday, so he was the top story in college football for forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: So for yes, there was a moment where will Stein's comment was the third highest headline on all of ESPN dot com for all sports. And by the way, that Monday, I'm not sure he thought about this, but that's the slowest day in sports. I don't know if people realize that. It's the only day where there are no games, no sports, no w There was no WNBA game, no basketball, no it was the All Star break, So it was a perfect day to do that. So you got Kentucky football to get attention. That's what you have to do when you're building a program.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, Yeah, usually Kentucky football just gets attention when something bad's happening. Yes, this is something good, you know, a confident, boastful statement from our new head coach.
Speaker 2: And at the SEC where Alabama's there and Texas and all that, you probably could make a strong argument that when they wrapped up the SEC media days, next to Lane Kiffin's thing, will Stein was the biggest story. That's what you have to do at Kentucky. So I love it. I absolutely love it. And he I don't think he would mind me saying he texted me Monday and goes too much question mark and I was like, no, no, perfect amount, more of it, perfect amount.
Speaker 4: Everybody was talking about him, just all the national podcasts, national writers wrote stories about it. It was, you know, one of the top trending topics too. It helped be in that day one afternoon when it's just the lights of the brightest at media days, and he was awesome the whole every bit. It was awesome. That line stands out, but everything he said was good, talking about wants to win at a championship level.
Speaker 2: Now, you do have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I got to back it up.
Speaker 2: You got to back it up. I mean, it's amazing somebody voted for us to win the SEC. Who was that, Well, they came forward. They're not even local, they're they're were they in Louisiana. They were kind of a kind of from the gambling realm, and they said, we saw Signetty. Why I said, I just rolled the dice in pick Kentucky. So it wasn't like Nick Roush or anyone that people thought it might have been. Well, look, the schedule is crazy, and so I mean, I think everybody has to be reasonable. I'm gonna be reasonable. I mean, I want to see us play well and I want to see us be exciting. But I did hear Pick six preview guy whatever that dude's name is, he said, Kentucky. There's a strong argument they could have one of the top four offensive lines in the SEC this year.
Speaker 4: CBS ranked the third. It was like Georgia, Texas, Kentucky, I think, and.
Speaker 2: Cole Kenny that's pretty amazing if you think about it.
Speaker 3: Cole Kueblick, who knows the offensive line of every team every year in the SEC. He even bragging on how this may be Kentucky's best offensive line they've ever had.
Speaker 2: Well, that'll be exciting just to see us be able to run plays. They'll set everything else up. Cole also said it's the most talent he's seen in Lexington the whole time he's been doing it.
Speaker 3: Oh did he Yeah, he had some high praise for Kentucky football.
Speaker 2: Well, I loved it. I love the excitement. I love Kentucky, you know, being in the mix, and now it's just a question of what you're gonna do. What did you think about Lane Kiffins sort of I've cleansed myself from the phone. I'm I'm washed in the blood of the lamb. What did you think of it?
Speaker 4: He's been laying He tried to filibuster and not take any questions. He's opening statement was like almost fifteen minutes. He was just being laye. I saw it, and I don't believe he says he's staying off social media. I do not believe he's still hope he does.
Speaker 3: That's fun to follow him.
Speaker 2: I would love to be in Oxford, Mississippi when he goes there, and he has to go to Knox so both I mean, did you see Knox, the Tennessee coach, saying, I hope people can believe he said that. He said, I hope they stock up the grocery stores with mustard and golf balls. I mean, this is the year of coach speaks dead. You got some are all saying he's gonna throw a podium at somebody. You got hypel almost encouraging. He said, what was what about the summer all thing? What he said he was going to throw a podium at someone? Now he said he was kidding. I guess, I mean, I guess to some extent he was, but he was he was now to be fair. When people's phones go off, it drives me crazy too, like when Bob and Jamestown answers the phone that are remote. That drives me nuts. So I get where he was coming from.
Speaker 4: I was told it was an alarm and the person wasn't even in the room, so like an alarm was just going off. It wasn't even like a phone was ringing. Yeah, he didn't. He didn't seem to take that very He's.
Speaker 3: Got some strict rules he follows, I guess in his own locker room and team meetings, and I guess he just wants to carry that out to the media.
Speaker 2: Now. Well, it's interesting, how you know, I hope we can have Jay batt on this week. I think that I think that might hopefully happen. And it's interesting. The UK Athletic Department and UK the way they are interacting with media is about to change exponentially, right, It's about to change exponentially.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean Mark Pope was on here. He was going to come in in surprise us and it got delayed. Like I think we're gonna have the athletic director on will Stein saying because of me. I mean they clearly are like, you know what we did these last couple of years, we ain't doing that anymore, and I think that's great.
Speaker 4: Will Stein and media days talks a lot about social media. He's like, I want Kentucky to be everywhere because the players and fans are on that and that's who I want to know to entertain and take care of the most or perspective, you know, people that commit and then the fans that are supporting the music.
Speaker 2: To my ears, that's somebody that understands social media should be about engaging with your future players and engaging with the fans and If you don't look at it like that, you're just wasting an opportunity, right. It would be like having social media is like if you run a TV network and you have commercial breaks and you just decide to run nothing during them, Like, why would you not take advantage of that? They have to the best thing we have going for us at this school, the best thing. We have the best basketball fan base in America. That is a football fan base that wants to be unleashed. Yes, they want a reason to be unleashed. We have the most powerful media outlet for a school anywhere in America in this and we are in a state that I believe is like the third largest state in America without a professional sports team. Why not unleash all of those unique events Because we're not gonna have as much money as everybody else, right, We're not gonna have as many in football the history, but we have the fans, you have the media outlet, and you have the unique lever of being the only show in town. Utilize it. And that's what looks like will Stein wants to do.
Speaker 3: And is Kentucky the largest fan base that's on social media or has a social media presence.
Speaker 2: At one time we were. I'm not sure if that's true anymore, but we certainly are in the top five.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it wouldn't be surprised if we're still one. Haven't seen any recent studies.
Speaker 3: And the reason UK football needs to be on social media because every single recruit is on social media looking at their stuff.
Speaker 2: So I love it. I think, you know, we'll see if he wins, but I think all the rest of it's knocking it out of the park. Summer in Kentucky means staying active, but if pain is slowing you down, it's time to call the pros. At court physical therapy from sports injuries to every day aches. Courts helps you recover faster and get back to doing what you love. The explort clinicians create personalized care plans to keep you moving all season long. Don't sit this summer. Visit court dot com. That's kort dot com. There's a lot of like goofy stuff, including Joe Exotic is in prison here.
Speaker 3: Now in Lexington out Onstown.
Speaker 2: Road, I saw the Odyssey. Couples are making out in Central Park and that's a big controversy. Should you be able to film couples making out in Central Park? Don't answer right. I think your answer will be yes. We'll take a break and be right back to Kentucky Sports Radio. One person writes, Matt, please tell me you get flooded with texts and that's why mine never gets red Ryan Redmond Friday and made me feel like you don't want to read mine. No, I get a ton today was initially a little slower, although they've picked up, so yeah, don't take it personally. I at least see if I don't necessarily see all of them, but I probably see eighty percent anything people send. When the show's over, I'll end up probably seeing during the show. Sometimes a lot of them come.
Speaker 3: Have to keep up with it during this show.
Speaker 2: During the show, there's a lot. But that's okay. Yeah, but you know, don't assume just because I don't read it, it's not a good one. Person rights Matt is because of me will Stein's version of we're just getting started, bro. Yeah, probably, And that was a good line by Stoops at the time.
Speaker 4: We last on them that one too, and he backed and he backed it up for a while.
Speaker 2: I did a little thing about the best lines in UK history, and I came up. You know, there was a bunch. I think I picked as my favorite the uh this ain't no spelling beat, which I liked. Uh, we as Kentucky, we give no blanks. But the problem is nobody heard that. That's like a legendary one. Yeah, it's like Stevie got loose. Nobody really said, I mean, well Brooks Mayor said that. But like that was what? What were some other ones you think?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: You had the Antoine Walker no fours, Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: There ain't no four which I like that one a lot. Uh. I had a whole list people, and people kept sending them. There were some really good ones, just lines people have said over the years. I mean Cal had fifty of them, right, I mean Cal had He was a soundboard pike full of Patuca poop and ice cream. You can't you don't have to make them all, you just you can't miss them all.
Speaker 4: I was wrong once and night, all the time.
Speaker 2: Does Pope have one besides beautiful, special, special, incredible? Does he have a line though those are like adjectives.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's got one yet that he said.
Speaker 2: I mean when I say it's more of a phrase, he does say.
Speaker 3: Sacred claw gathering data.
Speaker 2: He says that too. One person writes, Matt, I've never been more embarrassed for my favorite show than watching Mario try to name UK players. He should have been able to go ten to fifteen minutes, and he ran out twenty seconds in. I was a little embarrassed about that, Mario. So you were playing against Willie Cawley Stein and Andrew Harrison, who could name the most UK players? How did you let them beat you?
Speaker 5: Well, it's a lot harder than it looks like. When you start out, you gotta you can't repeat the same name that they say, so you gotta think about that, and then you gotta think about what you're gonna say.
Speaker 4: But you also came up with the game, so in theory you were prepared, and then.
Speaker 2: You came up with the game. They did not, and they easily beat you. Your performance against Andrew Harrison like you didn't mention the Harrisons. He was looking at you. You didn't even realize that you were talking to a player. That's okay, But you say it's harder. I think, I literally think I could do that for ten minutes.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do We're gonna do one with each of you guys.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't think that it'll be so long because I'll just start in like the eighties and just name entire rosters to you. I understand you don't go back as far in time, but you didn't even mention players that were on the team last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wasn't thinking that I should have broke it down by team by team. But my head was kind of like otega Oway, he's a good one, or Mark Pope, the guy that was standing right in front of you.
Speaker 2: It's great content, it was a good video. I was just a little surprised that you were not better at it. I didn't think you go into those guys. I didn't either. All Right, I have some news for you're gonna like Ryan. You know how when you go to McDonald's they have ice cream machine?
Speaker 3: Yes they do. They did a study, okay.
Speaker 2: Because because ice what's the most known about McDonald's ice cream machine that they're broken all the time. It's the only thing that in the old al eight machine at ksbar, the two things that were always broken McDonald's ice machine always broken ice cream. They did a study where in America is the McDonald's ice cream machine out the most and where does it work? The most. Okay, okay, the McDonald's ice cream machine is out the most in Houston, Texas. I was gonna guess somewhere hot. That's exactly right. Yeah, I think, well, it's out because in Houston, Texas, people.
Speaker 3: Are getting ice cream all day long, and.
Speaker 2: It's hot and it's working harder. Would you like to know the city in America where it is out the least, where you are the most likely to go to McDonald's and be able to get the ice cream. I'll give you a hint. I wouldn't be bringing this up. It's in Conductor, Louisville, No Corbyn, No. More than. Out of thousands of locations nationwide, the most reliable McDonald's ice cream machine in America is in Ashland, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Wow job.
Speaker 2: McDonald's did a release congratulating Ashland, Kentucky. There we go on having the most successful working ice cream machine. I don't know why they did that. They're almost acknowledging that they break rod. But why do you think in Ashland, Kentucky. First of all, it can't be mictribe.
Speaker 3: No comment.
Speaker 2: Exact like I didn't say that, Rick, Uh, why do you think it works so much at Ashloy.
Speaker 4: Good management, taking good care of their products. Probably clean it down every night. Yes, change the parts when they need to be changed, don't just let it sit there in the corner.
Speaker 3: Change the oil when its time, need to will change.
Speaker 2: I would like to know from people who live in Ashland, what is it that makes your ice cream machines?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it known in Ashland? We have elite ice cream machine?
Speaker 4: You need to advertise it, like what do the signs say? Like over a billion Hamburger serve? There's needs to say we have the ice cream machine that works.
Speaker 3: Ice cream machine never breaks down.
Speaker 2: Here's a question. Is this gonna be a KSR down tonight?
Speaker 4: You'll get a text somebody will.
Speaker 3: Break this week, just broke to one. It just went out.
Speaker 2: If I will tell you the next time I'm in Ashland, I'm going we have to. We gotta learn why it works so well.
Speaker 4: If I want to see it.
Speaker 2: If we were doing, Hey, Kentucky, I would send a correspondent there right now to see why it works so well.
Speaker 3: I wonder if there's more than one McDonald's in Ashland.
Speaker 2: Great question, don't know, But Ashley, Kentucky, pat yourselves on the back. Most successful ice cream machine in the entire nation. Take a break, Come back our two Hey