Speaker 1: All right, thanks Scott chan An hour two Sean Hannity's show Toll Free on numbers eight hundred and nine four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. So many issues to get to with former Speaker of the House, New King Rich who is with us, mister Speaker. Great to have you back. How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great and I've always delighted a chance to chat with you.
Speaker 1: I love you say that, but you really don't mean it. I know that, per fact. I have a chart in front of me. I've shown it on TV before, I'll show it on TV again tonight, and it shows all the different capitals around the world, from Uruguay to Baghdad, to Nigeria, Panama City, Panama, Brazil, Costa Rica, Colombia, Mexico, Mexico City, you know, Lima, Peru, Ethiopia. So it also heads with it the homicide rate. The top capital homicide rate by far is Washington, d C. With forty one per hundred thousand, and the next highest is Uruguay sixteen point one per one hundred thousand. The next high is his Bagdad fifteen point two, and it goes all the way down to Istanbul Turkey at one point eight per one hundred thousand and so. President Trump announced this morning that he's going to federalize DC police and deployed National Guard troops in an effort to keep people alive in our nation's capital and fix what has not been dealt with by local officials. People like Al Sharpton are calling President Trump's crackdown on DC crime dangerous and disgusting. I actually think keeping innocent people alive is a good thing to do, a healthy thing to do, and the fact that the President cares, and what is the alternative. They've had every chance in the world to fix this on their own, They've decided not to do it. They don't care defundismantal nobail laws, you know, rules the Democratic Party today.
Speaker 2: Look, first of all, Washington is the national capital, and every American should be able to visit Washington safely, and it should be non negotiable, and it's ultimately a federal responsibility. Unfortunately, like many city governments, the DC government, but through corruption and competence and ignorance, is unable to solve these problems. And I think the President was doing exactly the right thing. When I was Speaker of the House, working with people at Congressman Tom Davis, we profoundly overhauled the city of Washington. We changed his tax code, we changed its education system. We've we had an audit and overhauled. We strengthened this police force, and we launched what became a boom in terms of people moving into the city, businesses move, the end of the city which lasted until the decay of DC city government. The level of corruption which is endemic to a lot of these big cities. When you look at New York, you look at Chicago, these are cities that just playing corrupt and the result is they're dominated by big government socialists who have radical values, who favor the criminal over the innocent. They favor basically organized crime over the police. And somehow, and this is where people are like Sharpton just frankly mystify me saving innocent people from being killed, saving innocent people from being raped or mugged. It strikes me the bias ought to be in favor of the innocent, not the criminal. And yet you find some of these people who just can't help themselves in their commitment to weaken in society. You have people like Mundami, the big government socialists in New York running from mayor saying basically he would replace the police with pacification people who would come by and would be helpful. They be helpful in a positive, friendly way. Well, you start dealing with these criminals, passification people are going to get killed. They're not going to pacify anybody. And you have rule things like no bond laws which allow people to go right back on the street, where this which is really a reversion to the world that made Clint Eastwood in the nineteen seventies, where you know, it would take you longer to fill out the paperwork than they'd actually be in jail. And I think that this whole model on the left has been extraordinarily destructive and what the President's doing is exactly right.
Speaker 1: Well, I got to tell you something. I agree. The pushback is bewildering to me because the idea is to keep people alive. It's not about power, it's about safety. It's about security, and honestly, you w I think you would welcome more of a police presence, especially from the party that you know is so against violence and insurrection, although they did vote for a vice president that when we had five hundred and seventy four riots that killed two dozen Americans, injured thousands of cops, and caused billions of property damage. Did go on with Stephen Colbert and say the rioters won't stop, shouldn't stop, and we're not going to stop supporting them. Let me ask you on the issue, because now all of these blue state you know leaders or if you want to call them leaders, you have Katy hulkeel and and JB. Pritzker and Gavin Newsom and others. You know, they're they're up in arms over the issue of Texas and redrawing their their their congressional districts. The only problem is in every one of these states we find that jerry mandering has been mastered by the Democratic Party. Now Republicans are just doing what Democrats have successfully done. The model that they have they mastered, and now they're all up in arms and they say they're going to fight fire with firing her. There's no more gerry mandering left to do. I don't think they can do much.
Speaker 2: Look, I loved the governor of Massachusetts because apparently nobody had told her that there are no Republicans you can jerrymander. I mean, as you point out there are literally no Republicans in the House, so they're in Massachusetts. So she can't fight fire with fire. She is the fire. I mean, they've already cheated. And ironically, as you probably know, the term gerrymander occurred in eighteen twelve in Massachusetts when the Federalists, who are desperately trying to survive and a only failed the Jefferson The Rise of the Jeffersonians. The Federalists of Massachusetts wrote this map and one district the guy said, gee, that looks like a salamander, and another guy said, no, no, that's a jerrymander, because it was Eldridge Jerry who'd drawn the map. So jerrymanders go all the way back to Massachusetts in eighteen twelve. And I think, as ironic as you point out, Illinois is probably the worst defender, and California is bad, Massachusetts is bad, New York is bad. All of these states have worked over time to rig the game. And the fact is that this is a fight that is important. I mean, I'm not quite sure how the Texas is. They do have to get the Democrats back to have a quorum, so I'm not quite sure how they're going to pull that off. But what the governor is trying to do in Texas, for one thing, probably almost guarantees that the Republicans will retain control of the House in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope so, because I think otherwise we're going to face nothing but two years of never ending, NonStop impeachment, impeachment, impeachment, and all progress for the country is going to come to a screeching halt. All right, quick break, right act, We'll continue more with former Speaker of the House New Gingrid. So then we'll get to your calls coming up eight hundred and nine four one Sean. If you want to be a part of the program, Look, there are evil people in the world. You need a personal safety security plan for you, your family, and sometimes you may not need the lethal option. Maybe there's a threat but it's not an immediate death threat, and in that case you want the alternative of non lethal force, and that's the technology of Berner BYRNA dot com. I think everybody needs. Berner is part of their personal safety security strategies. Now you should look at their videos online when you go to BYRNA dot com and you'll find out why. Over five hundred government agencies, why police departments, private security firms are now adopting this technology. Berner has powerful deterns like tear gas, pepper spray, kinetic rounds. You can hit a target fifty sixty feet away. I own them mysels, and I give them away his presents all the time. You don't need a background check. It's perfect. It's legal in all fifty states, and they now even came out with their newest and smallest launcher to date, the Compact Launcher their cl It's four inches long, two smartphones thick. You can easily concealed carry on your body, you won't attract unnecessary attention, and ladies, you can put it in your first Guys, you can easily put it in a holster anyway. Check it out when you go to b y r NA dot com. Look at the technology yourself and decide if you think this is worthwhile for you and your family to keep you and your family safe and secure. You can also check them out a select Sportsman warehouse locations. It's by r NA dot com today. He's not a great golfer, he's a mediocre tennis player, but he's pretty good on the radio. Sean Hannity is on right now. All right, folks, let's talk about the time shared nightmare. Now. If you are stuck paying endless maintenance fees and assessments, you need to call my friends at lone Star Transferred today.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: They've been shaping the time share exit industry now for over a decade. They're still leading the way with their exclusive solutions and our friends a lone Star Transfer, they may getting out of your time share faster and easier than ever before with a guarantee in writing. Lone Star Transfer is a family owned company. They have helped tens and tens of thousands of owners break free from their time shares over the last fifteen years. They have earned an eight plus rating with a Better Business Bureau. I have endorsed lone Star Transfer for almost ten years now because I know they are the only company that I would ever trust that will deliver results for you, my listeners. Now they'll give you a free now obligation consultation. Call now eight three three five nine four zero zero seven five eight three three five nine fours zero zero seven to five. On the web, it's one word lone Star transferre dot com. All right, let's continue now, with former Speaker of the House New King Rich. Then we'll hit the phones eight hundred and nine to four one, Shawn. So I will be headed later this week to the great state of Alaska. Interestingly, for me, the only state I've never been to, and I'm obsessed with Alaska. The fact that i haven't been there is unconscionable. But I'm just obsessed with the rugged individualism. I'm obsessed with Life Below Zero, the TV show and Deadliest Catch, another TV show about about crabbing in the Bearing Sea. So I'm kind of excited to go there. But there's a bigger issue in play here, and that is the Trump Putin Summit. I would put the odds at about twenty five percent that Trump is going to have to pull a Reagan and say yet and walk away from the table because Putin has shown no willingness to show any compromise. And the sad thing is, this is Joe Biden. This is to me, is Biden's This happened on his watch. Biden watched the troops and the military equipment being moved to the Ukrainian border and when asked about it, said well, what are you going to do? And he said well, it depends if it's a minor incursion or not. And I thought that was a horrible answer. So Putin was able to build up his military. It was obvious he was going in by me. It was annexed under Obama and Biden. So and right now, I mean, let's be very frank about it, Europe has not stepped up now. Trump is selling weapons to the Ukrainians. They have fought valiantly. I do believe Plutin's a murdering dictator thug, but there really is no good answer for Ukraine at this point that I see.
Speaker 2: Well, thoughts, I don't know. I mean, first of all, I think the eyes of Trump not getting a deal this week are probably more like seventy to eighty percent. Putin still is not convinced that he can't win, and he thinks he can hang toughly to Trump and you to try to fight. He tried. He's trying to offer a totally one sided truce in terms of very aerial power, which tells me that the Ukrainian long range use of drones is being to really impact the Russian defense system.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I actually think that the combination of American capabilities and European capabilities. Uh, we are very likely to wear down the Russians, and not not to force them into a decisive defeat, which would which would be very dangerous because they do have six thousand nuclear weapons, but to force them into recognition that they can't they can't claim territory. I mean, the real question here is going to be, Uh, does prudent get to claim a victory by keeping land while not allowing the Ukrainians to keep the land they've occupied because Ukrainians deliberately set out to occupy a piece of Russia to have a bargaining ship. Well, I mean, if we agree to a totally one sided deal where Putin gets to keep what he stole, but Zolensky has to give back the area of the day've occupied. First of all, I don't think Zolenski will agree. I think he and the Europeans will say to have.
Speaker 1: The problem is, I don't see a scenario where Zolensky can win this war. I don't think Europe has the commitment to back them. They have proven me to be right here toofore, And I like the President Trump's now putting sanctions on them. I like the fact that he's selling weaponrys so they can continue to fight valiantly. I concede up front that Putin's a murdering dictator thug. I just don't see a deal that would emerge that's not going to include land handed over the issue for Ukraine. To me, what the negotiation, negotiated settlement has to be about is security and long term security.
Speaker 2: Sure, but but since Russia also will not allow European troops to be on the on the border, you have to ask yourself how do you get security?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, well, first of all, Bill Clinton, that took away Ukraine's nuclear weapons. That was stupid on their part. Looking back through the prism of history. Now, the question is can they build up enough military might that if another invasion occurs, that they have enough of a deterrent to stop them.
Speaker 2: And well, I think that's largely a function of our willingness to give them advanced weapons and in or to sell them advances. I mean, look, you and I probably disagree in that. I think if the United States wanted to, we could supply Ukraine with enough very advanced weapons that they would cost the Russians an enormous amount. And if you combine that with Trump's proposed sanctions. You really can begin to put advice in Putin and I guess some part of what mean. And I'll be curious to see how Trump deals with this, because I believe you never go into a negotiation from a position of fear.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Donald Trump doesn't have fears, so that's not going to be a problem.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, my point is, see you walk in and Putin says something outrageous, you comfortably get up and walk out, which is what he did, remember to Kim Jong un in.
Speaker 1: I think I can absolutely see that unfolding on Friday, right.
Speaker 2: And just say, now, call on you're serious. And I think when I think second, he should Trump should not accept any agreement Friday this weekend, even if he should say that, if it is a decent offer, he should say that's a very useful. Ever, let's meet next week and gets Zolensky in and that's the three of us talk it through. But I think it's very important. Look, Ukrainians have for four years been the victims of a vicious, deliberate campaign which targeted civilians, killed innocent people, killed children, and I don't think we should impose on them. I think we have to say, you know, Putin has made an interesting proposal. Let's get the three of us together. Let's talk it.
Speaker 1: Through count Recording to jd Vance, I mean Zelenski may actually be in Alaska. We'll find out.
Speaker 2: Well, I though, I think they will be very cool. If Trump said, oh, by the way, I brought my good friend here walked in the room, we'll see at that point if Putin would get up and walk out.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I'm with you. The country does not have an appetite for a forever war or proxy war, which is the situation that Joe Biden created. I mean, we were providing all the weaponry, hundreds of and hundreds of billions of dollars, and we can't be in that position either. It's I mean, it's very nuanced, very very difficult, and with threading a needle. And however, peace in Europe would be a good thing and the effort is certainly worth it. But you know, we'll find out what happens. Uh, mister speaker. We wish you were going to be there be a lot of fun to see you. Thank you for being with us, and I think you should call the president and tell them I know you're good. Friends with him eight hundred nine four one, Sewan, if you want to be a part of the program. You know the media scene is getting like crazy. I don't pay that much attention to it. I've never heard of this star Jennifer Welch from Bravo. Did you ever hear of this person? Ethan? It's Linda's birthday today, by the way, Linda is off. I have never heard of this person. No, Okay, so she's had it with Donald Trump supporters who have had the nerve and audacity to dine at foreign themed restaurants featuring Indian, Chinese, Mexican food, or people that go to a gay hairdresser if they truly believe the president's aim to rid the country of illegal immigrants.
Speaker 4: Instead, she wants us to discriminate. She wants people to discriminate.
Speaker 1: No, it's even worse than that. She wants to get your for all of us to get our fat asses over to cracker barrow, which is not a bad idea, because I love cracker barrow. Cracker barrel is awesome. When I used to eat pancakes because they real maple syrup, I loved it. The other thing I used to love is their meat. Love. It was delicious, amazing. So the problem is is like everybody else that thinks they know conservatives, they don't they or if they think, you know, they're so wrapped up in the Trump arrangement syndrome. Donald Trump is against Let me define this very clearly, illegal immigration. I am for legal immigration, and I don't really care where you come from. Just do it legally. Part of the legal process should include a background check to make sure you don't have radical associations. Post pandemic, we probably should have a health check, I would be smart. And issue number three is we've got thirty seven thirty eight trillion dollars in debt and you can't be a financial burden on the American people. So you have to show that you're going to be able to financially bend for yourself. I don't think that's a big big deal. I don't mind be an ordered to go to Grakoboro NewsBusters put out. You know, I don't pay attention to all these other news outlets because neither does anyone else. To be very honest, but when you find out what they're saying, I mean I knew that they were talking about, you know, alligator Alcatraz, which is basically a prison, and it's a temporary prison before you deport people that didn't respect our laws or borders or sovereignty. But again, if you go through that three criteria that I laid out, and you come through the country, and you come into the country illegally, I'd even be in favor of expediting the process and make it making it easier for people. However, you should have to pay for your own process fees like every other country. But you know, liberals just say these are concentration camps or interment camps. At MSDNC, I don't know who this person has, Tiffany Cross asserting that the government is disappearing people and transporting them to concentration camps. Conspiracy theorist Madow telling her viewers Trump is consolidating dictatorship in our country. Over at CBS, Seth MacFarland, whoever he is, admitted that he's more scared of Trump's supporters than the shooter that tried to kill the president. For those of us, there was such a horror because you saw an emerging America. I got put on trauma leave, not because of the shooting, but because of the reaction of the people. Well, I'm trying to you have PTSD, you're now taking leave from work and you weren't even shot at It was the president that got shot.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Then on MSDNC, same thing. We're normalizing the disappearing of people and sending them the concentration camps. How does NBC allow this to go over the air? How joyly read MAGA wouldn't even consider itself an insult to be called fascist? Well, it's it would be an insult to anybody if it had any real meaning. I mean, they throw this Nazi, fascist hitler, Mussolini stalin nonsense around every day that it's lost any impact. You know, where's Trump on the scale of one to Mussolini? You got over at MSDNC some weekend hosts that they have over there, Republicans lost their souls. New York Times staff writer Susan Glaser on PBS's Washington Week with the Atlantic. Thank god, we're not funding that any of them anymore. Jennifer Rubin, GOP has turned into the fascist party, cult of a great leader that's attacking our democracy. You know, we've now gone through this for ten years. Their whole closing argument and the twenty four election was racist, fascist, Nazi Hitler, Stalin Mussolini, you know, Chuck Todd. Trump administration has turned CBS into state TV. We don't even know what their programming is, but they just continue. They go on and on and on. Jimmy, I'm most sobbing over the repulsive liberals driving away the Democratic Party. Now he's talking to Sarah Silverman and on her podcast another Trump Peter, and they criticize those who continue to shun Trump voters who are now expressing regret for supporting the president. And they mentioned Joe Rogan in particular. I'm not so sure that Rogan is that anti Trump, But anyway, we know Kimmel has driven his show into the ground. There's no way that show's making money. And if you lose audience to the extent, I mean, there's an even plode of rating seasons for everybody in television. I've done this now thirty years, know all about it. And that's why you don't get too high, you don't get too low. You constantly making adjustments to anybody's show. But the reality is these late night comedy shows, as Jay Leno rightly put it, they've alienated right out of the box half the country. Because it's not humor, it's not funny, they stop being funny. And when you stop, like John Stewart can be funny, Bill Maher is funny, they're more honest. They'll take on their party. Rose o'donald predicts ABC will cancel the view if fake news. CNN wants a perfect example why nobody watches them. Dana Bash was, you know, had an interview with Bernie Sanders over the weekend and just you know, telling him how how much she admired his vigor and intensity when asking about a twenty twenty eight run. And I'll say this about Sanders one thing you can say about him, unlike Joe Biden. I mean, he's as sharp as he was ten twelve years ago, but he's like eighty years old.
Speaker 6: Something that sure you have seen a gallupole? Did you see this gallupole? And what the gallupole found was that you are one of the most widely admired Americans, And I believe you're only second to the pope.
Speaker 3: I want me to declare my candidacy.
Speaker 6: For culpri I don't think. I don't think that you're eligible for a lot of reasons. I watched you tonight. I've watched you for a very very long time. You're obviously still full of a bigger and intensity for the things that you're passionate about and have been for decades. Is there another presidential run in you?
Speaker 3: Oh God, let's not worry about that. I am going to be eighty four years of age next month as a matter of fact, so I think that speaks for itself.
Speaker 1: Grandpa Bernie is not running. I found this an interesting question msdn C host interviewing other MSDNC host Jen Saki if she ever worries that President Trumper's administration is coming after you? Ethan, how many times during the last administration did my personal private text messages show up and get talked about for hour after hour after hour on MSDNC or Fake New CNN and every other news source.
Speaker 4: Your text went viral a few times because they released them, and it was really funny because it was genuinely you, and everyone was shocked that you literally text and say things privately that you say on air because all of the rest of them are fake.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, this is the point. Nobody on any of these channels cared at all that my personal private text messages in any way were made public. I mean, they all get to comment on them. I don't get to see and nor what I want to see their personal private text messages, nor what I want to see the government weaponized against any liberal commentator, or they're not journalists. They claim to be journalists, they're not a journalists. And the double standard is breathtaking to me. And it also implies, oh my gosh, it sounds just like his monologues. He must really believe this stuff. I'm like, does that mean? Is that predicated on the idea that you don't believe what you say?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Quick break, we'll get right back to our phones toll free. It is eight hundred ninety four one, Sean. If you want to be a part of the program as we continue, get back to our busy phones eight hundred nine one, Shawn, our number, the Mike in Colorado. What's up, Mike? How are you glad you called?
Speaker 5: Thank you? You know, when it comes to the conspiracy to link Trump to Russian collusion, the quote rational Analysis says, don't expect charges against anyone involved, for you know, there's two major reasons. Presidential immunity and statute limitations. Both are good arguments for how things are now. But you know, however, how did they go after Trump? On Egene Carroll, They wrote a brand new law. It was somewhat generically written, but it was actually specifically written for one purpose to allow them to bypass the Statute of limitations and go after Trump. How do they go after them on.
Speaker 1: The checkis but they did the same thing, the whole issue of you know, the non disclosure agreement, and then they came up with that novel legal theory turning what is in New York a misdemeanor into a thirty four federal count indictment in the most liberal jurisdiction in the country was insane, and not one person cared at all, because you know, both Letitia James and Alvin Bragg ran on a get Trump platform.
Speaker 5: Raised that another way, they erroneously tied the payment to finance campaign finance laws so they could go after him in a way that was not previously legally available. All I'm saying is the precedent is made. The let's been pulling this craft for so long they now think it's their right. They're bullies. The only thing a bully understands is the proverbial punch in the face. You ever see those Equalizer movies with Denzel You know there's this one scene where he's on a train.
Speaker 1: Oh well, he's a great actor. I like him a lot.
Speaker 5: He tells the guy there are two types of pain in this world, the kind that hurts and the kind that alters. The left needs to feel the kind of pain that forces them to alter course or this will never stop. It'll only pus.
Speaker 1: If they if they're not held accountable for their wrongdoing, which I believe the evidence will show.
Speaker 6: JD.
Speaker 1: Van said this weekend he thinks there will be indictments. I don't want to tell you that because I don't want to overpromise an underdeliver. In my view, there's enough evidence. There's a Prime of Phacia case against a lot of people, and I think they should all be held accountable. Now, remember statute of limitations applied to yeah, some of this, but if there's if there is a grand conspiracy investigation, then that would that would circumvent the statute of limitations because it's a much broader investigation.
Speaker 5: I and that'd be great, But if that doesn't work, find another way. There's they can find ways to get to go after us. We can find ways to go after them, you know, as.
Speaker 1: Long as we don't do what they did and just make it up whole cloth. I mean, that's what that's the opposite.
Speaker 5: We are.
Speaker 1: We believe in our constitution and we've got to return to constitutional order. However, we should apply the law equally in this country, and if there's evidence of wrongdoing, which I believe is emerging, then I believe with all of my heart that they should be prosecuted. I do. We'll see what happens though. Anyway, Thanks my friend. Eight hundred and ninety four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. Lynn is in Indiana. Hey Lynn, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Sean?
Speaker 2: How you doing today?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: I just want good man, what's up?
Speaker 5: I just want to call and tease you a little bit.
Speaker 6: On Friday, you had that guy on there that said he was a Marine and you didn't know any sensitive Marines.
Speaker 1: And I just got one name for you.
Speaker 5: It's Carville.
Speaker 1: Was Carville and the Marines? Is he a yeah? Marine?
Speaker 5: He always wears that Marie shirt, but I think he was in Marines.
Speaker 1: He's usually wearing an LSU baseball cap and an LSU shirt. He's a huge LSU fan. And I know because I've been on the road with him. Yeah, we'll tell you some fun times I had was debating Carvell with Tim Rushert moderating. We had good times together. We did, and we never agreed. I just, you know, kind of rolled my eyes at what he said and wouldn't wouldn't take debate or pay attention. He'd make his points. I'd make my points. Russia was a great interviewer. He knew the he would, he would keep the crowd engaged. He was really great at his job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I just think, uh, he's got Trump derangement syndrome. He's going so wokey, but he's pretty sensitive.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean, Carvell's lost his mind. I mean now I'm calling him crazy Carvill, the guy that I knew back in the day that worked for Clinton. I don't know, he's he's gone, you know now he's he's he's talking about all sorts of crazy stuff. We're going to pack the courts. So he was saying last week and DC and Porto Riec go statehood if we get power back. I mean, now it's like crazy car Fall I don't know what happened to the guy that you know was working for them, for a president that said the era big government is over, the end of welfare as we know it. He's gone to the crazy side still.
Speaker 5: I just it was funny and Katie needs a raise, So there you go.
Speaker 1: H Why are you sucking up to Katie? Why does everyone suck up to Katie? I know why? Because you think it's going to get you on the air. Wark That's why.
Speaker 6: She's very nice on the phone.
Speaker 1: She's very nice, all right. I can't really argue with that part.