Speaker 1: Well I have you, Kylie, look like I got anything going on my neck?
Speaker 2: Where are you? For real? Because I can't. All I see is and you don't understand. It's like I get this all the time, so I can't even tell you're joking or not.
Speaker 1: But no part of me I do this with anybody. Even for the second I meet a doctor I have for whatever reason, my instinct is to annoy the funk out of them.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh man, can you check this out?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't mind when people ask me questions medical questions. What what drives me crazy is they'll ask me a question and I'll be like, yeah, I think that is something you need to go get taken care of them. They'll be like, no, I don't want to have to disagree with you on that one.
Speaker 1: I was asking you to calm me down, and usually I do the doctor mole should be removed, you know.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to say that it's like no, no, I'm not going to do that. No, no, no. I on the kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Likes to roll the dice cave, So, uh, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go ahead and say that's just like your opinion. Yeah, like your medical that's just like your medical opinion, man.
Speaker 3: And you are my fifth opinion on this one. Every medical opinion has said the same.
Speaker 1: All right, are you talking to my other doctor too? You guys fuck with me right now.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, forty seven, episode two of Daly's Say production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: This is a.
Speaker 2: Podcast where you take a deep guy into American share consciousness. And it is Tuesday, July sixteenth, twenty twenty four. July sixteenth, What the fuck?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: We're doing when dude?
Speaker 2: That happens literally just June twenty seventh, the last time I screamed.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know the debate was about to happen. Well, a black void.
Speaker 2: When I'm not record actively recording to this podcast, I just disappear into a black void. It's like, uh, what's the Adam Scott show? Oh yeah, It's like I just go away, So there you go. I don't know where I've been breath the whole time. It's good to be back.
Speaker 1: Oh well, if your skin looks remarkably good for holding your breath that long, I gotta say. But July sixteenth is corn Fritter's Day, So there's that also for those of you that can afford one National Personal Chef Day, and also shout out the personal chefs too for you know, just doing what you do, being out here making this making those nice meals. Every time I hear about like there's so many tiktoks where it's like the day and life of a personal chef and it it's like I'm was like, Damn, I wish I cooked better, because they just seem like they're chilling but also serving the most annoying people like this dude, they serve no but they'll be like they're like doing Personal Chef weekend for an influencer retreat in Joshua Tree and then it's like everyone's super HEALTHCN just so they're just eating chia seeds with salsa on top. It's like that kind of ship.
Speaker 3: I cook for someone whose name runs with Sister Meast, and he's pretty good. I was hanging out with nine and eleven year old cousins and Sister Meast kind of a.
Speaker 2: Big deal with them.
Speaker 1: That took me a while. Yeah, the first second, I took me town like sister like sissy spaces.
Speaker 3: You know, they swear to God that his chocolate bar is better than anyone's chocolate bar.
Speaker 1: That is straight up marketing. I had that ship because I remember they were handing him out like and I was like, this is like it feels like, you know, like Fundraiser chocolate.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, that's what it tastes like, Oh, Fundraiser chocolates.
Speaker 1: Good Fundraiser chocolate. No, but I mean like it's fine, but it's not like, you know, it's slightly different.
Speaker 2: Than the name brand ship. Yeah what I mean? You know, I don't know. Like, now that you mentioned Fundraiser chocolate, I'm back on board with the mister Beat.
Speaker 3: I gotta try that. I'm gonna I'm gonna do an experiment. We'll see what our guest thinks about this idea. Only mister Beast endorsed calories for a week. Yeah, supersize me, mister Beast, me.
Speaker 2: My new experiment. Anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien AKA. Now some of y'all might know this, and some of y'all don't. Some of y'all use washcloths and some of y'all don't. But if not, you're jerking off with soap. Nana Nan nan that one. Courtesy of JD. Salad Bar a little throwback to UH before I left for a couple of weeks. JD.
Speaker 3: Salad bar on the discord in reference to the time when a fellow basketball camper I told him I don't use a washcloth.
Speaker 2: I just apply soap with my bare hand, because I'm white and we are a broken people. And he said, in a room full of adolescent boys, he responded, so when you wash your dick, do you just jack off? And rather than being like yeah, man, it feels good, like yeah, like that's actually a good thing about what I do, my inner Catholic guilt got me and I was just like, no, I don't wash my dick. Why you Why couldn't you jerk off with a washcloth? Though I feel like you still could jerk off? Yeah, it could provided differences.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 2: They were like, I don't see the problem so hard though, like all things that should have occurred to me, But I just didn't caught you off guard.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyways, jerking off with soap, Dan, that was supposed to be letting me clear.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, if that was no, was my baby? I hope you don't mind. Anyways, I'm throwed to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 1: Miles Gray, AKA, I've got coving and eyes.
Speaker 2: In of that history that I can't disguise. I've got covement.
Speaker 1: Let's keep my jerking between you and all right, shout out to Blake Rogers on the discord because I was We mentioned Covenant Eyes again last week, and it's funny, I said, I was actually singing to the tune of Betty Davis Eyes, but you heard Covenant Eyes when I said.
Speaker 2: You've got Covenant eyes.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so shout out to that. But also if someone's got a Betty Davis eyes, Covenant eyes aka.
Speaker 2: One hungry eye won Betty Davis Eye, That's why I look so weird? Is hungry Eyes? Patrick Swayzey or she's like the Wind? Was Patrick one of the one of the songs.
Speaker 1: I don't know, she's like the Wind?
Speaker 2: Ok?
Speaker 1: Pretty sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure? And then hungry she's hungry eyes too.
Speaker 1: Wait what's her name, Jennifer Jennifer Gray?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yea. Anyways, we know whose eyes were hungry, we just don't know who was singing it. Miles, We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a physician, a musician, and a podcast stitiondition you know, go with that.
Speaker 3: The host of the very fun, incredibly informative podcast House of pot it's doctor cave Holder.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you. This is I have to say. I feel like I want to contest and I'm to be on the show.
Speaker 2: So thank you, And I feel i have to say I'm sorry that I'm on your show on one of the biggest news weeks of the year.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry that it's me. So sorry. Nothing happened. We got that out of the way and we knocked that shit out yesterday.
Speaker 4: All good.
Speaker 2: We are good here. Yeah, mobility issues, things like that. But just to be clear, yeah, you should feel as a expert physician and a great podcast, so you should feel very grateful to be on our dumb podcast. That is entirely appropriate. Odd enough, because imposter syndrome is super okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Up to that and not a real You guys are fantastic. You know what, I actually listen to your podcast.
Speaker 2: I bet you have a lot of guests they're too cool for school, and they come on and their podcasters and they're like, don't actually listen. I actually listened to so yeah, we listened to yours.
Speaker 1: So, doctor k.
Speaker 3: We have Christy Gucci Mane one of our favorites. Oh yeah, yeah, your favorite listeners and guests of this podcast has been on your show multiple times. He has He is fun so funny.
Speaker 2: All right, Doctor Hoda, what's the comic coming? Confident comment?
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, dude.
Speaker 2: This is a physician too, and she makes me call her doctor O'Brien. So that's that sounds excite, spic your marriage? All right, it's my kink. What can I say?
Speaker 1: Always doctor, but it's not even the exam. It's just in a waiting room. Yeah, it's a doctor going to see me yet no, no, she's still refusing to see me, not answering my calls for weeks at a time.
Speaker 2: It makes you fill out forms when you come home. It's all paperwork business.
Speaker 1: Wait, oh, no, way, you lost the intake form again. I guess I'll fill it out here with board.
Speaker 2: Here I go.
Speaker 3: All right, very not exciting, COVID. We are going to get into some questions we have as medical idiots. Just generally, your show does a good job of just kind of addressing some of the myths, some of the things that people are ignoring that they should be paying maybe a little bit more attention to. But before we get to that, we do like to get to know our guests a little bit better by asking you, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are? Okay, so what I just I just released an episode of my podcast today and I was researching some stuff for and I was looking on a pretty deep dive into insulin and some of the products in your blood that can show you if you're getting insulin from the outside of your body, like you're injecting it, or if your body's making it.
Speaker 1: And the reason I was doing that.
Speaker 2: Is because we just did an episode a follow up.
Speaker 1: On Lucy let Be.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're familiar with her. She is the nurse in the UK that was convicted last year of murdering seven babies in a neo Ya intensive care unit. Yeah in this it was a yeah, crazy story. We covered it last year, but since that time there has been this there's been a rising you know, criticism of some of the defense that she had and whether or not they did a piss poor job or not, and whether or not there's a chance she could be innocent. So it's really kind of changed the game a little bit, and so we had to revisit some of the stuff, and one of the things was looking at insulin because if you get insulin from your own body, then you also have this thing called sea peptide that may show up. But if someone's injecting insulin into you and maybe too much, it can become harmful, especially to a little baby that may not need it, and that could be fatal to a really sick kid, and you won't get this thing called seapeptide in there. So it's something we check in the blood sometimes pretty rarely, but some of the case comes down to this question and whether or not that's a really youthful test or not. So I was going on a pretty deep dive to try and figure this out because it's a complicated question even for doctors and for people. I'm not endocrinologists or anything, but I think even in that world it can be challenging. So that's the latest thing on my my searcher, my search browser, and probably going to get me into trouble all the recent looking up I did of dead babies. But hopefully this show helps create an alibi there you go and that is what we are here for. So you're just like you're just solving medical mysteries like an episode of House over Here on a lar basis most accurate medical show around. I'm just kidding, what is the most sacarate? That's something that people always ask my wife, But she has her answer. What's your answer? I'm curious to know her answer. I think they're okay, there's no great show for it, because like an accurate depiction of medicine would be pretty boring. It would be like a group of doctors sitting in a room going over like charts and and like talking about like esoteric things and talking about electrolyte levels. It would be pretty boring. But I think the show that kind of gets like the pathos of medicine the best is Scrubs. So I think, like she says, yeah, Scrubs is I didn't know if it was because we were just watching it at the time, and also she was going to Scrubs like friends, we're just medical show. I don't know the NBA playoffs, do you know? Actually, who did a good job? This is gonna sound funny, but the show Lost. They covered a lot of medical topics in that show. It didn't really I thought pretty well, like crush injuries and illness and uh fiber, they all these little things come up in the show. I think they probably had a pretty good like medical advisor on that show.
Speaker 1: When Jack Shepherd said that woman was going to dance at her wedding, was that was that surgery possible?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like that was like the huge one. He's like, You're gonna dance at your wedding and then she remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I I I'm sure it probably isn't. But I mean, they're all kind of bad.
Speaker 2: But you're just mainly referring to the fact that, like you can with the right magical island cure somebody who's been paralyzed from the waist down. That's mainly what you're well, it's the one trick.
Speaker 1: Doctors don't want you to know exactly, simple trick.
Speaker 5: That is our only question for you when we get to the medical part is onelogists don't want you to know exactly.
Speaker 1: Other question. Uh dude, doctors use Google, Like if you're trying to responsibly like is there I mean, I'm sure there is it?
Speaker 2: Is it Google? Too? Yeah? Well, I'll tell you this doctors. I'll say it like this, doctors definitely look stuff up, and they should, Like I mean, for most of the stuff they're dealing with, they don't need to. But every now and then there is going to be something that comes across that they haven't encountered for a while that they need to like review or fresh or there's some sort of like lab test they need to review, and you want someone who's willing to do that. Of course, the major difference is doctors we have a sense of where to go to find the information. We're not usually using Google. We have like search engines that are specifically for doctors, and we actually have like paid sites like that we would go to that give us sort of breakdown of things that we pay for like a yearly subscription for that help us at least points in the right direction. So, yeah, if you see a doctor looking something up, don't freak out necessarily. If you see them looking it up from like epoch times, that could be a problem. Not be good.
Speaker 1: I'm using the right Yeah, yeah, yeah, the symptoms you could have, I don't know, I gotta just keep it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling like a character super Mario's I don't let.
Speaker 3: My doctor look anything up. I don't let them talk to another doctor because that's cheating. I make sure that they kissed Queen before they perform surgery. This is all about what you can do, no cheating. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I wanted to come up with an answer that I thought helped introduce your listeners to me in a good way. And it was either one of two things. Is either going to be San Francisco, the city in which I live. It's you know, very popular and people know about it obviously, but I think it's got a bad rap and it's gotten a bad narrative recently, which I think is super undeserved. And that or a Persian contributions to history, And that's probably the thing I'm a little bit more passionate about because it's like, when I was younger, Persian history was really written out of the books, like our contributions to the world and like, and only as I've gotten older, I've learned about things like beer. The first beer was discovered in the Zagros Mountains of Iran, like in three thousand to ten thousand BC. And you know, things like pajamas high heels, neurosurgery, the highway, the postal service, all this surgery. Yeah, I mean this we're talking about old school, like they found like skulls with like things like like holes. Yeah, but like the one that really was that will piss people off. And I'm not afraid to be controversial on your show. Here, I'm gonna say it the first pizza safe pizza because the Acmented Empire was the first people to create this. I say this hoping that your Italian listeners come at me. And what they did is they have a fire in the battlefield. They put like two like sticks in the they put a shield over it, and on top of the shield they'd be like some bread and they put like some cheese feat of cheese and dates and stuff like that. So I mean it wasn't like you know, Tony's Neopolitan pizza or anything, but it was like the first concept of pizza was from there. Some evidence also that noodles came from Iran. I know, that's that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I know. I want to give everyone moment with the paradigm up, you know, but these.
Speaker 2: Are things that we have been written out of history that are now coming to light. And people are starting to like study and realize. So that's that's something that I think is super underrated, is some of the stuff we've done other than like you know, grow beards and and you know, take over embassies. We've done, We've done other stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's funny because like I feel like in America, right, like I had Iranian friends growing up in LA and think they would away say like I'm Persian, I'm Persian.
Speaker 2: And I remember like in.
Speaker 1: Class like someone said it and like a teacher like they were they were basical saying like oh, Persia doesn't exist anymore, and you're like okay. But like in then history there was just no section for that. So like growing up, right, if it weren't from Iranian friends who were like very adamant about like their parents were like very like you know, they were all like if I had questions, like they would answer them. It's just using the shorthand sort of like I don't know, poor, it's like Prince of Persia the video game.
Speaker 2: That's that's what it is. Move on exactly right, Yeah, yeah, no, And it's funny because when while I was growing up, we used we would say Persian all the time because it was like safer.
Speaker 1: It's like a cat, right, a rug, something benign.
Speaker 2: And now I think more people are are like able to say I'm actually Iranian, right yeah, yeah, that's actually kind of nice. Yeah yeah. I was just talking on yesterday's episode about how I went to the Louver with my children and was like looking at all the ancient Assyrian artwork and it's so much better than fucking anything that would exist in the European world for like a thousand years.
Speaker 1: But they just it took some time. It takes a long time to get all those ideas of the place. You can just be like, oh, that's what I'm going to do now, that's.
Speaker 2: Ours, that's ours now yeah yeah yeah right.
Speaker 1: Oh that's quite literally. I mean like if you go to the History Museum in England, like in London, it's like like wall sculptures.
Speaker 2: And literally that this is ours. Okay, yeah, what is something you think is overrated? So again, sort of like to be on brand, I talk about this a lot. Supplements, So it's a huge, this huge industry. Yeah, yep, I'm sorry, I'll tell you. Can I tell you something I have done episodes on like what's happening in Gaza. I've done episodes on abortion and gun control, and nothing has gotten me more hate than when I talk about the supplements. People lose their minds about when I talk about supplements, But I mean people believe in it in like a really strong way. But it's a huge industry, and for the most part, there's at best shaky evidence for some of it. Most people don't require them. All they really do for most people is give you expensive urine. And there's there's there's there are people who will need certain supplements for sure, like things like viamin B twelve for vegans, vegetarians, iron for some people, calcium, vitmin D. There's lots of things there are about usually not necessary. Okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Is someone we're getting we're getting questions from the chat colostrum is that, Okay, you don't need that. I don't know if that's bottled yet, but if it is, you don't need it. Okay, okay, okay. So that's my thing.
Speaker 2: About like the supplements is that it drives me crazy. It's like the part of the thing about it, too is the same people that love taking them and promoting them and selling them are the same people who are telling you not to trust like the mainstream medical system. Sure, and they're like, well, I get. I get accused of being a big shill for pharma con because I'm like, yeah, vaccines are good, and they're like, you're a You're a pharmacy shill. And I'm like, what do you think is making these supplements? They're making money off of it. It's it's like, you know, it's that that's a thirty to fifty billion dollar industry. It's not like mom and pop stores. They're they're selling you this garbage. You know.
Speaker 1: It's so I get.
Speaker 2: I did get very upset about supplements sometimes again not they are useful for some people, but generally they're they're not something that people need.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, because I gotta I'm looking at the top supplements on Amazon and I'm curious.
Speaker 2: I'm leculator. I got a three thousand dollars a month supplement habit man, and it's keeping me alive. Let's just get your lead levels.
Speaker 1: A lot of collagen peptides.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, I mean, and that's why my skin looks so glassy, so dry, orderline translucent, when my dick looks so young.
Speaker 3: That one guy all right, Uh yeah, let's let's take a quick break and we'll keep talking about that and a lot of the weird disinformation that's going wrong.
Speaker 6: And we're back. We're back in cave.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've witnessed in my lifetime the kind of information ecosystem kind of go from you know, go to the doctor, listen to what they say, you.
Speaker 2: Know, maybe get a second opinion. I don't know to It feels like we have regressed to the world of like snake oil out of covered wagons. It does like I remember reading the origin stories like of Coca Cola and doctor Pepper, and I was like, oh, this is where we're going. It's like when those things were sold as like health tonics to help with your healthy nerves and shit like that. But it feels like it's a mess out there to me too. Yeah, yeah, you're not wrong, You're not wrong. It's it's terrible. Yeah, Like, how do you navigate it? How do you like? Are there tips that you give to people for developing literacy in the age of like medical drifting, Yeah, for sure, I mean I think the first thing. And people are much savvier these days. Younger generations are much savvier than older ones, but just keep an eye out for where it's coming from. Is it, you know, is the information you're reading about. Is it coming from like Mayo or some university or something that you a medical center you've heard of, or is it coming from like the Hindustan Times or business Insider. You know, keep your eye out for where it's coming from. Like there's obviously clickbait everywhere around health and that it's a big part of it. And then you know there are there are certain anyone's trying to any medical professionals trying to sell you something I'm wary of frankly, and like anytime someone tries to sell something that has the word detox, cleanses ancient in it are key words that I that I really make my butthole clinch up, and nine nine percent of time it's bullshit. The cleanses health that your butthole can clench up like that you want it's strong. Yeah, but you do have a doctor wife, so you know your your liver and your kidneys are going to help you detox everything you need to detox. Right, if there is something that your liver and your kidneys cannot get out of your body, then some essential oil that an influencer on TikTok is trying to sell you isn't going to work. Either you need like, you know, hemodialysis or something much more like important. So like, don't worry if you're treating your liver and your kidney's okay, you don't need detox and the detoxes that you get aren't gonna work. These things that they sell you to cleanse your body of whatever illness you have or whatever one particular thing that's that's usually not gonna work. Also, be wary of medical professionals or health influencers who try to like moralize certain foods or like, ah, this one berry is bad, this berry is good, tomatoes are bad. These things I mean, like it's you make it sounds shady, It sounds sinister, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: You have to be really.
Speaker 2: Cautious about those things. I mean, be very cautious of anyone who seems overly confident about things. I mean, again, the reason my show will never be that big other than the fact I'm no good is that I don't. You have to have like a certain amount of like hutzba to like say, like it to be a Cuberman level balls to just have confidence about things you should not have confidence about, and some things that you just we just don't know, especially things that are like new, like when COVID first came out, people would come out and speak definitively on it. I mean that's how would you know. No one knows it's new, you know. But but that's what people want to hear. Not like people, they want to hear a doctor tell them this is the one thing you need to do. If you do this one thing, you're good. But but usually we can't do that. That's bullshit. I mean, there is a certain level of uncertainty in all medicine, and you know, never more so than than now. You know, there's lots of uncertainty, and you have to be comfortable with that to some degree.
Speaker 1: You have to to know that.
Speaker 2: And if someone seems like over the confident and try to sell you one thing, you should be a little be cautious at least because I feel like it's so confident and have won seven championships like Tom Brady, does that then make it so I can trust his nutritional device? Sorry advice? Sorry you got yeah, okay, good, all right?
Speaker 1: I just wanted yeah, just wanted to level set with you.
Speaker 2: So TB twelve, TB twelve the only doctor I trust, doctor Tom terrific.
Speaker 1: Well, because I think part of it, right, like, especially with being susceptible to medical information. A there's the thing that's like, well, I can't afford to see a doctor. A lot of people are like or it's extremely difficult with a schedule to even find the time to see a doctor. That's not the case for everyone. But I think also as there is like more information, like everything has been offered to us in this way with like you know, since the Internet of like yeah, man, just do this thing to you want to learn how to fold a shirt, just do this thing. You want to learn how to boil the perfect egg, just do this thing. You have lymphatic issues, just do this one thing, you know what I mean, Like we're so used to even reducing complex medical things like oh man, it's that you just you don't got enough this. And I think that's partially like the opportunism of like the influencer industry coming up, because now people are incentivized to be able to be like and let me just again this one simple trick. Doctors don't want you to know, like we've one simple trick our way down to like complex issues, and now some people like, well, like you know, I've I'm acquainted with people who will absolutely not see doctors and are convinced that they the information they need is available in community groups on Facebook or online and things like that, and that's how some people live. Because I think there's just also this, like to your point when we were just joking earlier, when someone asks you, like, what does this thing look like? And you give them your honest opinion as a physician, and they're like, well, I didn't want to hear that. It's like, we want to hear that it's just Oh I just wasn't eating enough chick piece, or it's like, oh I'm sleeping the wrong way, and because I don't want to maybe grapple the fact that maybe there's something more complex happening. Yeah, it's totally true.
Speaker 2: And every time there is any sort of vacuum with medical understanding of knowledge, it gets filled with these grifters. I mean, it's part of the reason I do this whole show. I want to make like medicine accessible, want people to be able to like feel comfortable with things with doctors talking. So they don't have to like go find random like TikTok advice on you know, sunning their buttoles, like I want. I want them to have sources that they can get without like having to always see a doctor's things that should be available. That's a lot of that's on us as doctors, like we have to be doing that, and it's hard because we're not. Like again, if you're gonna be like a social media doctor and have a presence, it's hard to build like a following without being a piece of shit. You kind of have to like sell yourself a little bit, and that's hard to do. Like I mean, I'm sure the ads I play on my podcast are like ninety percent dick pills and like mental health apps that I don't necessarily agree with, you know what I mean, And I have to sort of grapple with that myself. That's that's tough. But you're not voicing them. I'm definitely not. I'm definitely number one dick well for me. Yeah, yeah, exactly right. I mean, if they pay me enough, fuck it, I will sell out minute. But like, no, it's that's it's something we as in the medical profession have to be better about. That's why we need more people doing you know, this sort of thing going on, like you know, podcast like You're own.
Speaker 1: But also buy our dicktills, buy er dicktyls. They were, yeah, yeahs are great.
Speaker 2: Our dick pills are Somebody somebody recently told me a story. They were like, I just heard this like crazy story where this person was taking like the supplement like supplements for their sexual energy and then like it like broke.
Speaker 3: Open and there was viagra inside. And I was like, that's not a true story because there wouldn't be actual active ingredients in that supplement.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: That story is actually way too good to be true for the So what are the things that you like, you know that are actually impacting our health negatively that like don't get enough attention, Like it's not our lack.
Speaker 2: Of essential oils that we can put on a rag and like huff like ether or either it's just.
Speaker 1: Dowsing a rag in right, Oh yeah, Because like to your point, Jack, you're saying, like we live in this thing where it's like again it's not about Health's like, well you need this thing because like I feel like so much as framed.
Speaker 4: Was like we don't, we don't live like our ancestors did and now in this modern world, that's that's why you need to be dabbing oil of clove on your throat every.
Speaker 1: Day or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they will go the opposite route and they'll say like, this is what our ancient ancestors did and this is why you should do this, and it's also bullshit, right, Like they'll use the same like selling tool in a different way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess just to simplify it, is it because we aren't you know, is this sort of rhetoric sort of working on people because on some level we aren't getting things we need or it's completely just missing the point and we're just so used to being like, oh, I need to buy this new product when there are actual ways that, like the modern era has affected our health negatively that we're just completely ignoring, are just paying little attention to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really good question. Yeah, I mean listen for a living. A big part of what I do is look into American colons and I can tell you that we are lacking in certain things like fiber, We could do a lot. Our diets are not awesome, and it's something that you know, I would love to discuss in more depth and detail. But it's a long process, so I mean it needs to say. I'll say, American diets not great loan fiber. It's high in processed foods and high in sugar and high in processed meats. And these are things that I think are important and we should be wary of, and we should try to have better diets. We should try to eat better, more plants, less red meat, less processed meat, less sugars. In general. These are things that I agree with, you know, Mediterranean diet, plant based diet. I think these are good options. But for most people who are eating a.
Speaker 1: Well balanced diet, if it's not perfect, they're still going to get most of the things they need, most of them. Will we could do better. I certainly think we can do better in general in the United States, And you know, we talk about this. Have you heard of blue zones Yeah, yeah, yeah, where people still increase like lifespans or yeah, higher than average lifespan. That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Part of it is diet.
Speaker 2: Part of it is the way they get around and exercise, and not necessarily the same typical ways we think of exercise, but the way that people live there and diet's a part of that, So I mean, I think there is something to that. I also don't want people hyper focused on everything they eat. I don't think that's healthy either. So for me, in terms of things that are really like concerning now that have changed a little bit because diets have always been bad, is rates of alcohol. Like I and I'm not saying people shouldn't drink. I enjoy you know, drinks in moderation, but since COVID, I have seen the rates of alcohol use go up from tremendously and I've seen younger and younger people in this country getting seriously sick with liver related injuries, alcohol related injuries because of it. So it's something I am growing concern for.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: People will come, I'll have experts come to my show and they'll be against all alcohol. I'm not comfortable with that. I still think that people can have it in moderation, and I think it's you know, I think it can be something that brings a lot of us joy. But I think we are developed, we have developed an unhealthy relationship with it in this country and it's only gotten a little bit worse. Like you know, you go to a you go to a movie, and like there's a sad scene in the movie, there's like, go get a drink. If there's something that happens, it's good, let's celebrate, Let's get a drink. You know. It's like it's a part of it's become a little too ingrained in the culture in a way that I don't think is healthy. And it's only gotten worse since COVID right.
Speaker 1: Now, that is true. Like the media, I've for sure informed my use of alcohol from like a very early age. Like I honestly thought, if I'm going through some shit, I need to drink alcohol to do. I don't know for what reason, but I was mimicking what I had seen over and over. It's like, oh, you're going through it, man, let's go get you know, go have some drinks or whatever. Or like you see someone who's like clearly like suffering with like some like you know, you watch a film without a soldier and like they clearly have PTSD and it's like but they drink through it, and like you sort of connect this thing where it's like that will somehow change things. And I remember when I had like one of my first moments of like emotional strife in like early adulthood, Like my first instinct was like, maybe I shouldn't drink a ton of alcohol without even knowing what the urge was. It was just more like I think that's what it is. Obviously, Yeah that it didn't last for long because I was just like, what the fuck am I doing? But it is true, like so many things are just sort of like like reflexive based on like what we see, you know, get a mirrored to us in the media constantly.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I think at some point it was like that with cigarettes. But then like because there's enough of because they look cool, and you're like, oh, you learned in the movies. You're like if you smoke cigarettes, like it's a sign of like cool, you do it after sex, you do it, like if you're a tough guy out you're it's it's got like this. You had this allure that was sold to us by Hollywood. At some point there was enough pushback on that that like that's changed. You don't see that happen in movies as much anymore. It's not that many people who smoke, but the alcohol thing. And again I'm not like saying I'm not like saying everyone should be abstinate from alcohol. But the alcohol thing is something I think we have to be a little more mindful of in this country now. And of course I am a liver doctor as well, so it is, it is, it is, you know the thing I'm seeing a lot. So you're bias. You're admitting your bias. Amo pro liver anti for big liver, big liver. That's what happens. He does work for big liver. Where it's on big liver. It does feel like that is.
Speaker 3: The one thing that doctors and the wellness people seem to be aligned on. Maybe not the one, but like wellness people seem to be on board with, like, no, yeah, drinking not.
Speaker 2: Good for you. Do you know do you know why that? Because here's the thing is, like for most people who are drinking too much, if they stopped for a while, they feel better, so much better. If that's part of like your routine. Yeah, and you're like, you do my twelve step routine to health and you do that one step and that was a problem for you. If you drink too much, you're gonna be like, yeah, I feel better. This person knows what they're talking about. Shit, yeah right right, Yeah, these berries are telling me to eat really are good, you know. Yeah that was step one and you give the credit to the other eleven steps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, exactly, berries for sure, cyeballs. Holy shit, just so like I hear so much like I'm trying, I'm trying to be more conscious about my health and I'm eating more like I have like vegetarian lunch now to try and cut out meat at least one meal a half a day is like mostly plant based. Yeah. But the fiber thing for you, I just want to rub that, rub that in your face.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted to let you guys know that and moving on.
Speaker 1: So you know I'm doing that. So I'm gonna lift to three thousand, Jack, Why don't you wipe that McDonald's cheese paper off your face?
Speaker 2: You just dave for lunch in front of us.
Speaker 1: But like in part of that, right, it's like part of me is always hearing like you got it, Like lagoons are so good, fiber is so good. All these other vets, like your cruciferous vegetables are great can. But all I know is they're great can. Like for me, as a child of the eighties and nineties, fiber was always like promote, like marketed as like, oh, you're not taking a ship, you need fiber, and it was most in my mind it's like, oh, you're constipated, that's why you need fiber, rather than like now looking at a little more holistically, like what what Like I'm ignorant? So can you please let me understand like what it is about having the fiber in there? That is what what the benefits of it that we're missing out on for those of us that aren't eating enough fiber.
Speaker 2: Okay, so well, there's a lot that it can do, and there's been studies that show it can help with cholesterol. But the major things that I think it helps with that I would share with you guys now. One in terms of like gut problems, it helps prevent issues.
Speaker 1: With your colon.
Speaker 2: Now, this may or may not be more information than your listeners need to know. I'm not someone who ever has paid attention to too much information, So I'm gonna give you as much information as I think you guys might want in the colon. If you're not having a high fiber diet, the colon is struggling really hard to move things through. When that happens, it puts a stress in your colon that can lead to things like diverticular disease. These little pouches that can form in the colon, those things can become inflamed, it can become infected. Sometimes they can bleed. Those things are a real problem for a lot of Americans. That's just one little small thing. Right then, in terms of like for an example of why it might help you beyond that, when I talk to people about sugar, I always warned them about processed sugar in particular, and I say, if you're gonna get sugar, always the best way to get it is through like fruits, because when it comes into fruit, it comes with fiber, and as you're ingesting that fiber, that slows down the release of the sugar. So you're not getting this big bowl list of sugar. And that's really where the problems come from. It breaks down the release of sugar over a long time. So these are just two of like many reasons why right it's better for Americans is to.
Speaker 1: Keep your colon from stressing and don't be like one of our favorite podcasters, the kid Marrow, who did get diverticulitis. I remember and he missed an episode and he said that He's.
Speaker 2: Like, guys, you got any fiber. He's like, you don't want this, you don't want this, and I want this? No, no, So it sounds uncomfortable. I don't want pockets and my colon. Yeah yeah, but it's okay. If what about like just a bunch of fiber one and then the sugar is coming from basic fruit and that it's a sugar cane plant. So what about just like fiber one with just like a bunch of sugar on it.
Speaker 1: That's probably you mean, like there's not oring sugar on it?
Speaker 2: Do you need Do you need the sugar?
Speaker 1: You need the sugar? What is the.
Speaker 2: I'm just taking down the wine from just carving off lines of powdered fugar.
Speaker 1: Doctor said, you don't want to eat this stuff, man, you don't want.
Speaker 2: To eat it.
Speaker 1: So's you mean?
Speaker 2: But but in general, if you're if you if you have a more plant based diet, which is good for a lot offerent reasons, you're you're filling yourself with you know, foods that aren't you processed meats in general, like they're gonna you're gonna get the fiber you need. Now, some people are gonna need supplemental fiber like you know, metamuciles, citruscel, et cetera. But you don't necessarily need that if you're eating a well balanced diet. I've also noticed, just as I've slightly improved my diet over the past like decade, and I don't know if there's a thing or not, but I've noticed that my.
Speaker 1: Crazy my diet pretty recently too. I heard about your lunches. I heard I just want Jack to kind of eat up all the airway, you know, the airwaves.
Speaker 2: Like I used to crave process sugar, like when when I was consuming more of it, and now it like seems gross to me, the amount of processed sugar that I was eating. And I'm like, is that is that when you you're you're just getting old, Okay, yeah, got it. Your your body is at some point telling you, okay, this is knock it off. It you don't feel as good, like you don't feel the way you did when you were younger doing that stuff. Yeah, okay, got it. So I knew I was old because I started paying attention to birds and like what different bird calls were. But this, this is another good more about World War two, oh Man, World War I got some stories about World War Two boys.
Speaker 1: He's like, Miles, check out this gigantic gun the Nazis.
Speaker 2: Were hooking up on a railroad.
Speaker 1: You won't believe how big this thing is.
Speaker 2: Top five tank battles go Oh my god. Again, I'm so obsessed with tank battles. I'm just like, hell's that interesting.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Let's take a quick break and we're gonna come back and keep talking about this. We'll be right back, and we're back, and I do I am curious as someone who has kind of worked in the fields of medical bullshit, like what your diagnosis would be for why our current information ecosystem is so bad? Like I feel like it's the Internet, for sure, but I also feel like there's this underlying hyper capitalism ethos where like Goop can be completely full of shit but still get like good press because it's got like because it's making money basically because it's like I don't you know, business insider, the business insider of it all. It is like, yeah, she's made a great product and that's cool.
Speaker 1: It's called goop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so there's just like so many ways to launder this pseudo scientific bullshit that I feel like used to be relegated to the back of like magazines, and now is like, you know, a big, multi billion dollar brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the dodgy ads from the back of the magazine are now are like medical truths that we have accepted.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but this is I don't think you're misreading that. I think that is kind of what I'm seeing as well. I mean grifts, medical grifts. I mean they've been around forever, but and they reinvent themselves all the time. Like I got interviewed about Gwyneth Paltrow's rectal ozone therapy and I had to look into that and I was like, oh, that's not necessarily new. I mean, it's just one way or another. Yeah, yeah, don't do it as long and the short of it. But like copy enemas, enemas that to detox and clans, all these things that that people try to do. They're like urine therapy, drinking urine. These are things that always come back in one form or another, like Napoleon was doing that, yeah right, yeah, and and it is getting worse. And I think a lot of that is sort of the direct to consumer marketing that you see from like these people, these influencers online are people selling supplements and that sort of thing. So and these people have like zero sense of medical ethics because most of them aren't doctors, and the ones that are medical professionals don't seem to care that much. I will also put some of the blame on us as doctors, because you know, we talk about placebo, and you know, usually in the past, doctors back, yeah, placibo find if it works, great, and that's true. I usually don't care. But we let a lot of stuff that seemed inconsequential go in the past and not fight. Ah. So Gwyneth Paltrow wants to put a jade egg in her vagina, what's the harm you? They want to take this whatever pill X or supplement, what's the harm? It's a low risk thing, and the truth of it is what we have seen. I think there's a direct line between people doing that and thinking, well, Okay, this alternative therapy seems it seems truthy enough, and then they start to believe that more and more, and then when it comes to something that's maybe a more real, like proven medical treatment or say a vaccine, they don't know who to trust because there's so much out there, so much information out there, that seems contradictory that we sort of let slide that. Like now if someone who is an influencer who you know, we never like addressed before, is now saying something a little more serious and consequential like don't get your vaccine, then that now we have a real problem. And I think we have to now be more aggressive about these things. Like even if it's a low risk thing for most people to take supplements, it for most people it is, it's low risk. Not for everyone. They put like you know, a lot of like we joked about, like lead in these things you'll see, but like there's things in there that can hurt the liver. There's even like liver cleanses that actually have ingredients in them that can hurt the liver because it's completely unregulated. There's very little regulation that goes into this, and so you know, if we're not careful about the little things, then they can spiral. They can sort of like snowball into bigger and bigger problems down the road and really help erode a lack in real medical treatment, proven evidence based science treatment, you know, And so I think it's a lot on us as doctors. We have to be more vigilant about the stuff and call out bullshit even if it seems relatively inconsequential.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think there's another part too, because I mean, I'm sure this has something to do with it. Because our medical system, especially here in the United States, is so bad that so many people end up slipping through the cracks or having a doctor that isn't taking them seriously, and you know, small issues become things that are life threatening very quickly, and then and then anecdotally that gets around it's like, well, the doctors don't the fuck they're talking about and shit like that. How much of like sort of the you know, trying to resolve all of this is also just sort of on having like a better medical system where people feel like, ah, this this seems more dependable because I feel like a lot of distress someone it comes from someone with like an anecdote about something that happened to someone they know. And that's why now it's like, ah, well they're just saying shit or whatever. They don't they they're going to miss stuff. That's why I do my own research or et cetera, or whatever, you know, thing that people want to say when it comes to that.
Speaker 2: First of all, how dare you. Yeah, our medical system is a wreck. We pay more and we get worse quality than we should. And then a lot of countries who are supposed to be are sort of at our level are doing so absolutely and people are looking for other means to get care and treatment. I mean, I'm always a little worried about doing this because people, you know, I'm worried about giving direct medical care and treatment online because you can't do that you don't know somebody online. But we do need to create a better system so people don't have to turn two things online. They don't have to like look for a doctor or someone online recommending a treatment, or going to some sort of like you know, app where they can order like psychiatric meds. And they should have better care directly from their medical offices that they go to or hopefully have the insurance to even go to see a doctor. So yeah, no, I mean a big part of this I totally acknowledge is based on the fact that our system is very dysfunctional, if not broken, and all on top of that, something else you mentioned is true too. I mean, people oftentimes feel like they're not being listened to by their doctor.
Speaker 1: And I can see that. I understand it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it happens constantly all the time, and that's hard. I mean a lot of I feel for the doctors too in that regards, because most of these primary care doctors are extraordinarily overworked, right, and they're swamped with email after email after email, and they can't really put in the energy and the time to each one to make that person feel heard. That doesn't mean they shouldn't try. It doesn't mean that that's not something we need to do. But yeah, I know a lot of people who don't feel like they're listened to by the medical profession. Sometimes that can have devastating consequences. Oftentimes not, but sometimes it can be devastating.
Speaker 1: And since you did concede that point, are you willing to say that electrolytes are something we need? As I see that it's one of the top sellings. When I look at supplements like I'm looking at the Amazon Health I feel like looking at the top charted products on Amazon, it's a good idea of what people think they need for their bodies, and electrolytes is like one of the high everyone's fucking on electrolytes right now. Yes, just because we don't want to drink water. I'm like, it's just weird to me. I'm like, isn't that just that's a salt they put in gatorade.
Speaker 3: It's because we've lost our way and nobody wants to drink gatorade anymore because it.
Speaker 2: Wants to work.
Speaker 1: No one wants to work and no one wants to drink gatorade. Yeah. Yeah, water isn't that sexy anymore?
Speaker 2: People like, I mean, it has to be like death Liquid or whatever the name of that company, Like they just officially became a geriatric so like this is that's a real it's a real thing. That's the electrolyte thing. It can be useful for people like serious athletes, but for most of us, regular water is going.
Speaker 1: To the margins out of hydration like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, you're not. Most people are not becoming like hyponatremik when they're like doing their exercise. But I mean again, it's one of those things where for a long time we're just like, Okay, whatever, smart water, that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it exists.
Speaker 2: It's the pH on that right right And now now I mean again, it's it's it's all I'm starting to feel more and more like it's a slippery slope. The more we accept sort of like unnecessary stuff, the worst the outcomes down the road become so and then we end up with someone like RFK, who actually is like a legitimate, you know, candidate. I mean, he's not gonna win, but still he's actually out there and people are hearing and listening to his garbage.
Speaker 1: And but I I'm sorry, I really dislike him, so I shouldn't have brought him up. But that's how we get people like that in our lives, right, Yeah, from not being like, no, you're wrong, go leave leave, Yeah, exactly, No, No.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you about these vaccines. Man, You're like, no, you're not telling us ship. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting, Like the doctor Oz like Wager, like you know, his argument to himself seemed to be that it was all worth it because he was educating people on stuf they wouldn't have normally like been educated about, and it was fine if he like flubbed the margins a little bit or like told a couple lies here and there, and then you know, we see where that ends, and I feel like the whole that's kind of what you're describing just across the board a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's exactly it.
Speaker 2: And I feel a little bit for for him, because, I you know, if you're doing a show every day and you have to just start like coming up with shit medically, at some point, some of the stuff's gonna get questionable. But I mean, you know, he should. He's supposedly, he was supposedly a good doctor. You know, he should that, Like, you can't lose that, and if you do, you have to stop calling yourself doctor Oz, you know, the Oz at that point. So I mean, yeah, but that is exactly the That's exactly what happened. I mean he started out with him talking about like poop and like he was a guy who like taught you, like all of our mother is, like what a normal poop shape is supposed to be like on the Oprah Winfrey Show, and that was like fine, cool, we talked about firebrus, But that was a very slow and gradual descent into nonsense and gibberish.
Speaker 1: To him saying the vagina is like a self cleaning oven, and You're like.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 1: You're saying this many times out loud. Okay, It's weird when he says it. Yeah, yeah, it is like self cleaning oven like you who are you like a Maytag repair person or a doctor?
Speaker 2: Well, well, I'll tell you this. He gets that line maybe from Jen Gunter, who is a very famous and I think a really great obi guide, and that is a response to like trying to tell people you don't necessarily need to be doing cleanses. It comes down to the whole cleansing thing. So so in that sense, I think that's where he got it. But then he is one of these guys who will, like you know, he'll have people on who are on the fringes of the medical world and want to sell things, and he gives them air and he's giving them lots of attention he did when he had a show. So yeah, he also sucks all the doctors. I can't think of really one that's famous online that I'm trying or or TV.
Speaker 1: That's not doctor feel Good. Yeah, he is the one to call.
Speaker 2: Doctor Pat the aforementioned doctor Pepper. It's pretty Yeah, it helps helps the healthy nerve, helps you feel created.
Speaker 1: Did great work overseas. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is there a subject that you think we've missed that is just something that you come up against like either a bullshit belief or I know I've heard you talk about you know. The answer is often like, we don't actually know on a lot of things. You know, something that most people think we definitively know that's more of a mystery, or yeah, there's probably a lot, but I will say that, you know, because I'm a gast entrologist. One of the things that I get asked a lot about or people will talk to me about, or coffee enemas and that's the constant bane of my existence. And if I can use this as a platform to tell people to not get them.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 2: I mean, coffee is great. I love coffee. I think there's actual health benefits to coffee. There's actually some decent ones. We actually did an episode of our show with one of the weirder ones with a great hepatologist named Elliott Tapper prop the musician and podcaster, Yeah, Deepak Chopper's brother who is a doctor as well, in studies coffee in a weirdest and there's a lot of health benefits. Yes, it was an interesting one, and in that that episode we really covered a lot of the health benefits of it. But there is no added benefit to putting coffee up your butt and potential harm and not just if it's hot. It could be some chemical thing in there that irritates your your cold as well.
Speaker 1: So don't do that. Don't don't do shit like that.
Speaker 2: Don't just don't do cleanses.
Speaker 1: I think the first person I heard talking about it like it was a celet. I feel like it was like Janet Jackson or some shit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're like somehow I remember, like in the nineties, it was like this one thing. We're like, dude, that celebrity is just boofing, just gollons of coffee in their butt, and that's I think the new way to live or something, and it sort of, yeah, became very very popular, very quickly. So so we just stick to only putting alcoholic beverages up our ass, no coffee, and we should ticked away your joy.
Speaker 2: There was another monster, guys. And I do have to say, I feel like I always have to be looks. I'm not totally against things going into butts, Okay, I'm just saying don't put coffee.
Speaker 1: Work and how you might think yeah, sure, sure, sure, sure, all right, and that's just like your medical opinion, man.
Speaker 3: Doctor cave Hodo. What a pleasure having you on the daily? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Find my podcast anywhere you you do podcasting. It's called the House of Pod. It's uh, you know, humor adjacent medical podcast, and uh, you know, I think you like it. It's not too in the weeds of medicine. And usually we have fun guests on, both doctor guests and non doctor guests will cover fun topics and have and have cool conversations.
Speaker 1: So I I, you know, you'll probably like it.
Speaker 2: And it's free. So you know, if you don't know, no harm there, right, No, that's free, Like amazing. Is there a work a media that you've been enjoying? You know? Have you guys ever heard of this band The Thrills?
Speaker 1: No, nobody has nobody.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal, Like it sounds like a band I should know. I'm like, yeah, the yeah Thrills, Right, Okay, So as Californians, you should appreciate this because I love like the concept of surf rock. I enjoy a lot of surf rock, and I think, in my opinion, my estimation, the best surf rock California music y sort of band is this band called the Thrills. They were around the early aughts. I don't think they're around anymore. And they would sing songs about like Big sur and Santa Cruz and they're so rad. Corey Ham they would sing songs about Corey Hame, like who else dons that? And like the best part is there from like Ireland, from like Dublin, California. And they had like somehow totally figured out the ethos of the California beach community in a way that I just fucking love. So give them a listen. They're called the Thrills. I also say, listen to my friend Rebecca Watson's watch her YouTube channel. I think she's the most underrated science communicator out there right now. And that's that's I guess that's all I got.
Speaker 3: All right, amazing, Well, thanks again for joining Miles. Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, find me on Twitter, Instagram at Miles of Gray. You find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad Bousies. You can also find us on our Enema podcast as well, Mad Booty. Yeah. And also if I'm talking to very, they're very upset after the Venom tweet tweet, I like is from again. The euro Cup and Copa America concluded over the weekend. Argentina won the Copa America back to back winners, Spain just won the euro Cup, and because there's been so much soccer on TV, this tweet just cracked me up. It's like the the avatar on it is like a like. It looks like a Ted Cruz esque figure behind an American flager in front of American flag. It's at power bottom. Dad One tweeted, after watching five or so soccer games, I'm ninety nine percent sure the entire sport is being played wrong strategically. This feels like such an American Yeah watching, No, No, why are you playing it like that? You should be going for high volume of shots. Man fucking launching that shot.
Speaker 2: That's me the game, tick shot, shoot shoot the goal, to shoot it right now, right now. Why doesn't the one goal we try and shoot it into the other goal every single time? That's like a free throw? Yeah, man, wide open, amazing. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien a tweet I've been enjoying. Let's take it back to July twelfth, let's scroll back through. Uh Sean clements from Hollywood Handbook tweeted, if I ever get introduced to Mia Goth, I'm gonna say Mia too.
Speaker 1: I thought that was cute.
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeikeeist. Were at v Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram.
Speaker 3: We have a Facebook fan page on a website Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episode that our foot no where we link off to the information that we talked.
Speaker 1: About in today's episode.
Speaker 2: Well, it is a song that we think you might enjoy. Mile's a song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: I heard this band over the weekend that was really cool. They're called Balfus, but it's spelled b A L t h v S.
Speaker 2: You know, hit them on some What do they do that Rome? When the V was basically it could be like Norwegian? I feel well there was a five in Rome. Oh wow, you sneaky devil. You get back from Europe and you're already sonning me like that okay from the Rocky franchise.
Speaker 1: Sorry man, yeah, I kept calling it Rocky V till someone mean like Rocky.
Speaker 2: You guys seen Rocky Rakiev.
Speaker 1: But anyway, they are a Colombian psychedelic band that's like really dope like so they've got a lot of like Middle Eastern side kind of like melodies, but also like Cumbia vibes too, and it's like reminds you of like Krungbin. If you like Krungbin, you're definitely gonna like this band or like that kind of vibe stuff, sort of like psych surfy at times. This is a track called Sun and Moon by Balf, the Colombian psychedelic band that I'm slowly.
Speaker 2: Starting to fall in love with. So check this going out well.
Speaker 3: We will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily does a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio wrapp podcast or wherever fine podcasts will give it away for free. That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye