Speaker 1: Bright.
Speaker 2: All right, job.
Speaker 3: All across the USC Compton watch Bay to LA, come on to California, say from valley to valley.
Speaker 2: We represent that Keller County.
Speaker 3: So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you're tuning into Gainst the Chronicles Chronic Goals.
Speaker 4: Be gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: How we goals.
Speaker 2: If I lie, my nose will grow like Pinocchio.
Speaker 3: We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truths.
Speaker 4: The chronic goals. This is not your average show.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail mc.
Speaker 3: Ain't, Big Change and big spires.
Speaker 4: Strictly from the streets.
Speaker 5: Hello, Welcome to The gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael your front screen. Subscribe to Against the Chronicles. Leave a start rating the comment what's cracking?
Speaker 6: We back with you had another episode of The gangst the Chronicles and I'm with the homeboy.
Speaker 5: Big Steal in the house. And today, man, we just got two criminal last motherfuckers up in here. Man, No for real, my homeboys, Man jaj farmbe and the homie Junior. What's happening with it on the mind? Squares everywhere? Said squares everywhere? Bewhere Yep, sir, you know what I'm saying. I feel like I'm out number man. It's all kind of too many gangsters in here today.
Speaker 7: Man, well shit minus one active. We have a bunch of former I'm straight civilian mode inactive pavilion man.
Speaker 5: For the record's sake, you know, before we get started, man, we want to have a moment of silence, man for my homeboy Junior, who lost his wife less than a month ago. So we have a moment of silence. How you feeling, Dug.
Speaker 7: I'm all right, you know. Uh, I just want to say cancer is a bitch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fuck cancer.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: She died in my arms at home. So yeah, it was tough, but you know, thanks to you, a man right here. You know I had good support. Uh just yeah, man, that cancer is you know something. So yeah, it was tough, but you know, I'm a getting right.
Speaker 5: Cancer is a horrible disease. It's debilitating because you pretty much I've lost a couple of family members to cancer and it's almost like you watching people waste the way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I witnessed that from beginning to end, you know, watching her uh, you know, just do her normal thing.
Speaker 2: Then it became to the point to where she stopped driving. You know, she wouldn't eating, and then I.
Speaker 7: Had to get her dressed, her teeth, you know, hey baby, we gotta go to our doctor's apoint and put her a little beani on, then put her mask on, and you know, and then all of a sudden she became hospitalized. So it's it's a process, man, when you see stuff like that every day, Like damn.
Speaker 2: You know, every day I woke up and went to bed watching her just.
Speaker 4: Like leave.
Speaker 7: And then when they tell you, you know, every time I was going to the hospital, it was like, oh, can we talk to you for a minute. I'm like fuck, oh this and listen.
Speaker 2: I'm like all right, you know.
Speaker 7: Then when I get home, they'll call me, oh you know, and I'd be like fuck. It was always something. It was always something every time I went back and forth to the hospital. So finally they was like you know what, you know, we put her on hospice and then she came home. She went to the hospital March seventh, stayed in there till the twentieth on the twentieth, they sent her home on hospice, brought the hospital bed in and the living room all that. You know, people out there who know they.
Speaker 2: Know how that works.
Speaker 7: And you know, they had like three nurses come change her and just give her her medicine and stuff. And I'm watching this and I never got to talk to her because she was just gone. And she came home on the twentieth in the twenty fourth of March, she was just breathing, real strange. So I called up the people and the was like, hey, you know, like give her this medicine. What really made me feel fucked up is the people on the phone was like, is that her breathing in the background. I was like yeah, And like, I'm gonna be honest with you, mister Vaughn. She at the end of life, so just know that. Sure enough, five thirty that morning, I heard her like choking and stuff, and then I held her arms. She was just like then she just died right there. And I'm like, fuck, she didn't even know she was home. She didn't know, she didn't know nothing. So it's like like, damn, you know, what do I do?
Speaker 5: So I really hate that you had to experience that.
Speaker 7: Man twenty years, Man, twenty some years. Every day, this is.
Speaker 5: How we can listening. You could be with her at the end, man, listen, and that meant a lot to her. Yeah, you know it was good for you too. Not good for you, but it was good that y'all got to spend them final moments together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's oh, it was tough, man, you know. Like and every day I sit in the house, I just look at that spot, like shoes are still there, and I'm like, damn brick.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I hate that we had to start off that way.
Speaker 6: Man, I seen things. You know, life is tragic, man, you know it Thos, you curve balls and I and you know, especially when you know you can consider yourself a regular nigga. I guess you go through you know, I guess you know when you seem like shit don't happen to you regular motherfuckers. You know, we we typical men, you know, Black men, raised Compton, Lone Beach. You know, it don't seem like, uh, outside of fucking neighborhood tragedies and shiit uh, we don't go through regular normal shit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: People look at us as far as as being just normal human beings that we don't go through tragic shit, you know, but we have relatives and loved ones that go through shiit like cancer and diseases and die from other shit other than gunshots, you feel me. So it hits home when you have people that's not you know, in that in that type of you know, lifestyle, and especially when you trying to adapt from that lifestyle of being a nigga on the block and then next thing you know, you got to go through some real life tragedy of not the homeboy getting shot on the corner or doing thirty the life or some shit like that. But you know, your your woman or your children go through some shit. Man, it don't seem like that would fit for us from the walks of life we come from, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But exactly yeah, you know what, man. And that's the thing about being black man, about being black men, is that we have to be there for one another. If you're calling somebody your friend and they going through some shit, make sure you check up on call and see how they're doing, because sometimes that means a lot. Because mental health in a black and Hispanic community is something that's just not talked about. If you got a homie that's going through something, that usually just keep it to ourselves. As Black men and Hispanic men, we're taught to compartmentalize everything and just keep it in your head instead of calling somebody and seeing how you're doing. Man, he've been telling your homie you love him. No wait till it somebody ain't here no more to give them their roads and say, hey, man, I love you like I'm gonna tell this nigga right here. We and him have been doing this show every week man for the past few years, and we don't got tight you know, we don't like to say we became friends. I remember Eight wouldn't say two words. Eight is a quiet dude. You get him on the phone, it's just j official and he gone, he on his way, not a nigga. Actually talked to me for five minutes. Yeah, you know what I'm saying for me. So it's like, I'm gonna tell all three of y'all while I got y'all in this froom, all four of y'all, including Homie Royal. You got Royalty in the building. You know what I'm saying. He over in the cut just chilling him. But I love all y'all dudes. Man, y'all my brothers. I've known fine be JJ since I was I've known JJ my bad for revealing your government, my bad since we was kids out there trying to do our you know, out there trying to do our little one too, hustling and stuff like that. But I've known him a long time. Though he's my friend. It ain't about no, it ain't never been about no game banging. Ain't never been about no making no money. That was just the homy. That's just the homie. That's my friend, you know what I mean. And I just asked, man that we cut out some of the silly shit and just get back to being men. Get back to being regular men again at the end of the day. Whether you a crip blood d boy, you a motherfucker to work at the post office, you a man, that's what we all got in common, right right, So you know, speaking of men, man, what y'all think about this?
Speaker 1: Ja moran?
Speaker 4: Shit?
Speaker 5: Man, here you go again, fucking up again. First time I felt sorry for me and blamed it on his youth, you know, blamed on his youth and inexperience and just having things. I think sometimes, man, giving somebody that amount of money, dog, when they not mentally prepared for it is dangerous.
Speaker 7: Not only the money part, but it's just when you become a league player football, basketball, and you at the height, it's all type of doors that's just automatically open for you. Nobody tells, you know, everybody's like, whatever you want. And we see this a lot with they friends. It's not so much of the business of people around them. It's the homies that they off court, off field with and it never changed the same thing with him. It's like, this is the same dude who started other stuff, you know in the arenas. It's like, come on, bro, I mean, you gotta realize who you're working for when you sign the contracts. And you know, we don't know what's the stipulations in this contract. It might be some type of clause in there to say, hey man, you know we given two hundred and thirty million.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money to get.
Speaker 5: Somebody, sure, dog. With The thing is with these league contracts, they y'all have ethics clauses in them.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 6: This nigga fascinated by hood shit? Man, This niggas an one of this nigga. I mean, I get it. You fascinated by the hood, nigga. I mean we all. You know, I grew up in the hood. That was the path for me. You know, I didn't have a you know, like the differences is with my son right now, he didn't have to be subject to that. I was able to give him what with my nigger parents did for him.
Speaker 1: You give me.
Speaker 6: His parents was able to take him to the camps and the fucking you know, special fucking coaches and ship he was able to go. I didn't get that, you give me. I grew up in the hood. I grew up in Spooktown. I claim Track New Park. That was my path. I seen gang bangers on the block every day. This nigga saw coaches in camps. But he at home listening to NBA Young Boy and Gucci Man, and he listened in a little Dirk.
Speaker 1: And just like my son.
Speaker 6: My son went to motherfucking football camps and he never seen gang bangers. And at a point to where my son, at six seven years old, Compton, hell, no, you get me. But when he saw them videos and he saw NBA Young Boy on the block with the ak and the rags around his neck and a gang of homies behind him.
Speaker 1: Nigga, he'd be in.
Speaker 6: His room with the radio blasting, saying the same shit you give me, And if I had a fucking water pistol on the counter, I'm pretty sure there'd been a couple of episodes where he would grab the water pistol because you know what I'm saying, nigga, because I don't know, but it never made him want to go. I finished start claiming trag new like my dad or I'm finished star won't he won't. Some niggas be out of bounds because, like you said, the money turned some niggas into motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Money give you courage.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, even even money give you courage, just like a nigga who drinking his motherfucking forty ounce after a couple of forties. Now you gonna think you can whip every nigga on in the ass you give me.
Speaker 1: And that's my nigga. Jah.
Speaker 6: He You know, he had a taste of a suburbia life, you know, and who knows who he hung with in high school and what niggas were influenced or really real, But.
Speaker 1: My son.
Speaker 6: He got, he got, Nigga, home, he got black boy homies, he got Mexican homies, No, none of them.
Speaker 1: Game? So what who was.
Speaker 6: Set around him in a situation wherever he went to high school, wherever?
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 6: Okay, So now he's an adult, now a nigga, hand you thirty million.
Speaker 1: I got that mentality. You can't tell me shit because even.
Speaker 6: As an eighteen as a nineteen twenty year old nigga who rapping and Sony giving me checks and I'm driving around and half million dollar cars at twenty twenty one, you can't tell me shit. I got straps under the seat, I got motherfucker straps in the glove compartment.
Speaker 1: I got secret straps, compartments. You get me, but I can't.
Speaker 6: I came from the hood. I grew up in the hood. My first thought was hood shit. I never thought I was gonna be a famous fucking rapper or whatever.
Speaker 4: He got there, he knew he was on his.
Speaker 1: Way to basketball startom.
Speaker 6: You get me. So what influenced him to wanna be that? And there a lot of niggas want to be us. I tell a nigga every goddamn day, it's niggas wake up every morning that want to be you and It's not that we influence these niggas to be gangster niggas from the hood, but these simple ass niggas are sometimes influenced by the hard life that we come from because they ain't came from it. It makes them authentic. It makes them authentic to niggas in the street. Now that he will wants to be a nigga throwing up signs and carrying straps you give me, while all the niggas in the car should have been telling him, Nigga, why are we riding with the heat today? Nobody's finna try to jack you, nobody's looking for you, nobody's after you.
Speaker 5: What you just said. You just said the key point to homeboys. If they they was his real homies, they would be pulling on the side like my nigga, you tripping you up the bag right now.
Speaker 6: No, they not know, they not because I get to ride in the double r with this nigga in the front seat. So you don't have when you that type of nigga, you don't really have real niggas who'd be like, Nigga, why you got the heat right now?
Speaker 1: Nigga, leave that shit at the home house. Nigga, we go to the gas station.
Speaker 6: They're not gonna tell him that ship because I want to be in the passenger seat with the nigga in the double nigga go to the sew and so I want to be right there. They don't want to cancel their card, so they're not motherfucker. You have to have an older nigga like me to be like, where y'all going, Oh, we found go to the gas station and look down and be like, nigga, you got the heat on you? Nigga, give me that motherfucker what you're going to the gas station? Nigga, who's after you? You're not from no hood?
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 6: You gotta protect yourself, I get it, But from what? Who's after you? And you after you?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 7: At that point you can hire security, man, be fucking security.
Speaker 6: Be cool with motherfuckers and niggas is cool with you. Don't act like you that nigga and niggas is cool with you. Don't go to high school basketball games getting into it with kids and shit because you walking around with your auentarage and.
Speaker 1: You want to be hard.
Speaker 6: Why you are national fucking celebrity, dude? You should be kissing babies, asses and shaking hands like a fucking politician.
Speaker 4: What you want to be?
Speaker 1: What you want to be? A hard nigga on the block.
Speaker 6: Just like myigga said, who told the nigga come to the block, Come to the block, put your strap up, get up one on one, fade with one of the homies, hang out on the block all night, get rushed by the one times, getting raided and shit like that. You want to like, but but we had to go through that shit. We didn't have the opportunities that's presented.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 6: If my father was at home every day and my mama was like, nah, nigga, we fit to take you the fucking critos and you for the start learning how to play football and be trained by the nigga ex NFL football player and all that, my influences for the block would have been gone.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: He had that.
Speaker 6: So I don't know Mama, daddy, whoever. I ain't the one to speak because like I said, I'm the same nigga. I was the same nigga, contracts rapping all on fucking MTV and all that, and was on the block every motherfucking day. But I came from the block. I was influent spot.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 6: Before a rap came along and sports and anything. Nigga, I'm on the block with the Bandanna and the strat dude Duce and Nigga here come the car and were going to the holding tank every week in niggas is getting shot and I yield and all that shit. That was the lifestyle that a lot of us didn't have a choice. But when you have a choice and you still want to be like Bigga, I'm a hard nigga like that, that's just that's just, that's just the idiotic influence that that that that we that.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately we have on motherfucking square niggas. Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they saying that this dude is about that he could be suspended for at least half a season. You know how much money that he is that this young man is losing.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's a I mean, you know when you look at the bigger picture and I go back to what the homie was saying here. You know, when you signed two rap contracts, they don't care if you're on the block.
Speaker 2: That's sales for them. We talking about corporate.
Speaker 7: Were we giving you money to stay out of trouble? Basically, this summertime you off, go chill, go on vacation. You in the car with some dudes who kind of like ride in your coattail, and you're not paying attention.
Speaker 5: And you know what's gonna happen as soon as the money is gone.
Speaker 4: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 5: You see that stupid ass nigga fucked off everything.
Speaker 7: Of course, that's what people saying now. That's what people saying now. And back to what he was saying growing up. If you're in a neighborhood and you got older homies or somebody around that, know, damn he good at playing ball, What the fuck are you doing over here? Go work on your jump shop. Get get the fuck out of here. Those are real homies that do that. Don't be around here, Go go do something. But with this kid, you know, it's like he's fascinated with something. But then you gotta understand, dude, you work for a corporation.
Speaker 2: NBA. Don't play that.
Speaker 7: They can they can snatch your whole contract, but that we don't want you here no more because it's always somebody up and coming. Of course, you superstar, but guess what, there's always a draft every year.
Speaker 2: We can find it, always a nigga to replace you dog exactly every year.
Speaker 5: And there's so many good players now in football and basketball. You got a whole bunch of niggas that they could be All Pro defensive tackles or receivers. That's working at ups right now delivering package. You're still hoping they get it the call. How many times you don't heard the Cinderella's story about the nigga that's in the Super Bowl. Man, he was just delivering beard two months ago and now he's in the super Bowl playing the game.
Speaker 1: That's all I said. I get it. Man.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something. The de symbol it was hard to be hard. You give me, you give me, You didn't give a fuck about nothing else. Nigga, you was official if you was hard. Straight up in old days, it was hard to be hard. You got the bitches, The homies respected you, the enemies feared you.
Speaker 1: Motherfuckers.
Speaker 6: Just like I said, it was like motherfucker walking down the block and niggas be like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, the gang bangers are coming.
Speaker 6: You get me. Niggas get out the way, you know. So, I mean, I get the influence, but I don't get the influence from a person who didn't have to walk that line. You get me, now, I get if. I don't know, you know, I don't know what his parents were. I don't know if they grew up in the projects. He had to walk the line of being a hard hood nigga first, and you know, but I see a lot of them, man, a lot of them don't make it fifteen sixteen and they in the hood hard and they trying to be whatever. I just watched the program about the kids in football in Algiers. All these young kids is dying off on the football team and shit, trying to make it to college and shit, you don't make it when you're in the hood hard.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know what his path was. But he went to college, didn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Murray State.
Speaker 6: I mean you know, so evidently he had the path of you know what I'm saying, he had the path where his parents was like, nah, nigga, ain't no hanging out on the block, ain't no serving yay, ain't no toting.
Speaker 1: Straps because look at the pattern. I know it. I just did it with my son.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 6: Ain't no gang banging, ain't no motherfucking rapping and shit, ain't no motherfucker now, he listened to it, then I ain't gonna take it from him because I listened to the shit.
Speaker 1: God damn, his.
Speaker 6: Dad is on video games and on videos, you know, in movies.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 6: His dad was a gang banger, okay, but his path was different. I didn't take him around the gang bangers and the homies. He didn't have to go to comping and hang out in the hood every day like I did. You get me, its path was Okay, Nigga, three years old, you going.
Speaker 1: To sports four, sports five.
Speaker 6: Your friendships of friends are finna be built and accumulated through your sports programs. So niggas that you meet, it's gonna be on the same fucking page. You on where you're trying to get or I'm trying to get to high school, I'm trying to get to college. I'm trying to get to the NFL.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 6: That's your friend, that's your friend, that's your friend. And now everybody come to my house every weekend from six years old till now, they finna go to college. Niggas at my house every weekend. I'm seeing the pattern. Let me ask you a question. You know, usually for a kid to make it to that path, arres usually put in a lot of work. You god damn life sent them to a lot of camps.
Speaker 5: I know what, my son, I didn't have a life for the last ten years because I was always it was I gotta take him to the airport for this. They flying them down for this. I gotta go take him here for this. You know what I'm saying. So, but what happens at the point is one thing I did notice with my son is that the bigger he got, the more Yeah, I'm still listening to Pusst. But nigga, I'm all such sy can say I'm the number one nigga.
Speaker 6: The country here because I mean, it's it's it's the path of life that that we walk as young black men. It's that thin black line you give me. I just said it when a nigga handed me a contract. I was a humble kid, even th gang Bang Mom's work, pops worked at General Motors, went to church and all that shit.
Speaker 4: Nigga, this was still trying to do park. I didn't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: You get me. And then.
Speaker 6: As I grow older and trying to be more humble, But you get to a point where, I don't know, you get between eighteen and twenty five where nigga can't tell you shit.
Speaker 1: Who you can't tell me nothing.
Speaker 7: Especially when you providing, and then you didn't. You didn't gain the little heights.
Speaker 5: Tell on me nothing.
Speaker 6: I got my own car, I got my own money, I got my own crib nigga, and nothing helped me do that shit. And now that I'm still and like I said, it's different from our kids. But me, I started off gang banying shit. So once I got that, I was a nigga. Like nigga, you couldn't tell me nothing, even though my mom was present and she tried her hardest. Pops was living in another state. Whatever, I felt like, I don't give a fuck. Everything was about the neighborhood and the gang banying shit. But as I started maturing and now I got kids, I'm like, do you want a motherfucker to follow this pattern? And then when you got homies who got kids, and you see they kids or walking that line of they finna be from the hood. Oh yeah, this nigga eleven years old and he out here at the school scrapping. He you know, when you start seeing that, I start going, man, you gotta change up, man, you got, but that takes maturity.
Speaker 1: Still you getting it.
Speaker 6: And like I said, even though your son, you and the wife, and like you said, I was doing this and I was doing this, it just get to a point where kids and we as young men start going like, nig, you can't tell me shit.
Speaker 7: So you think from last all these old past incidents from John Morant leading up to this new one, what do you think, Like, I mean, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Is it parents? Is j Homies? Is the league?
Speaker 5: I means, dog, it's him, And I'm gonna tell you something more than likely he's been doing this shit, all this dumb ass shit. But I'm gonna tell you something about these athletes, right. The curse of it the is from the time they and Pop Warner, they've been doing what the fuck they want to do. They getting away with the shit because when you were a little special, you got a tendency. People, got a tendency to turn the blind eye instead of snatching them little motherfuckers and saying, you know what, I'm gonna suspend you for two games. You fucked up. The rules apply to you like to do to everybody else. So when you grew up knowing now if you grow up. Let's say you raise your son. He allowed to slap the shit out of you and your wife whenever you say something he little is funny. Look at that baby just slapped his mama. That same little two year old is doing that bad shit. He's gonna be a fifteen year old nigga doing the same shit being a twenty five year old name. But the difference zeals later on is consequences. When you were a little kid, it looked all cute, but when you get older, it's real consequences behind that shit. So this motherfucker knows very well what he doing and what it's gonna take for him to calm down. They need to throw the hammer in his ass.
Speaker 6: Like I said, who like, I don't know. Like I said, I wasn't one. I wasn't a John Morant. I knew him in college. I watched him in college a little bit. Nigga was awesome. I thought he was a hell of a skilled basketball player. Like I said, you don't know too many dudes backgrounds, Figger, I don't know how he was. You know, we don't know how he was raids. I mean, I guess we would have to, you know, A little more investigation. More like you said about about who who mom's was who pops.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently his mom is with the bullshit because she allegedly had him and his nine friends threatened to shoe salesman after helping white customers not having her size, so she probably.
Speaker 2: Wanted to hear that as well.
Speaker 4: If you got I said you hold on, hold on, let me get through. Let me interject though some things. Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, first bull you're reading this first ball. I don't know the guy at all personally, and I'm just listening to y'all and what little bit I called from slews in in and out, sleeping on the news about further, y'all kind of missed some stuff. But y'all hit a lot of stuff. So let me see if I could tap tap tap on off a couple of things right quick, one being what's Stadi from? He's a gone man? Where Stady from? I don't know where Stadie lives in. I don't know where alleged footage came from if I can recall.
Speaker 6: And then they're Memphis, I believe, so so so so, and Memphis is an open carry state, so he's not breaking the law.
Speaker 1: No, he's not.
Speaker 4: So you getting kind of a little bit a little a little bit going too much on some stuff here, not here particularly for say so, but the social media and the industry and all on and on about he's able to own a possess a firearm, right, Okay, so he's a grown man with a firearm. And then if I'm correct, I'm not standing correct because I don't know where the these information is coming from. If it, uh, it's improving, it's the fact that's being printed that that footage was on his homeboy A right jill or whatever something live right? So now, so hold on now, fifth, we don't know if that footage was even done before it dude put it out right, could put it out accidentally or intentionally? Maybe your dumb brother cutting loose from being a part of the team. He put out their footage. I don't know if that is the case or not, him having a gun. See, I got you work with the NBA. I'm I'm been a broke nigga, poe broke nigga all my life. You understand what they'm from in the English. So he worked for the NBA, work for that team, he does, so, uh, they gonna they start going about what they what they're doing on the streets, where they who they're fucking, and they sleeping with all that. Yes, oh well, you know that's going a little too much right there. That sounds like a fed now where by spending our money? So you're getting out of control about what he doing in his life. You understand, everybody, You two guys, and you two guys are parents. You two guys also former coaches. You two guys played the game of football. Okay from correct, right, So I see where y'all coming from. I'm coming from a daddy perspective as well. He's coming from a rapper. I know you did some acting and some dancing, and I mean not dancing.
Speaker 5: But dancing. I wasn't. I'm just I could I could have been one. No, no, that's another show. We ain't got time for that to day, right, Okay. So I'm saying this is that you gotta be careful.
Speaker 4: You criticize it, but I'm not just make forty million dollars a year. Okay, hold up, that's his listen. I'm trying to make a point. We're not longing making it.
Speaker 1: Let him make you.
Speaker 6: Let him make his point, Okay, Eddie Murphy pass. Let me say something.
Speaker 4: So now I'm saying that we were talking about this man money, we're talking about what this his team is talking about whatever they talking about. They polishing him a little bit too hard, right, Okay, because he's not doing nothing illegal. It's not in that stay he is, and it's not egal t have a fire on it's not illegal to put it on gun if you're California and you're doing it and you're not a registered gun owner and you are maybe or commit the feeling that you're doing something.
Speaker 1: Different already know why the doing that?
Speaker 4: Okay, I got that, But it's the you know, I'm not in the industry exactly, I'm not. You know, that's industry ship okay, right they politicket the taking what the material they got, so you know, uh and you hit on something about uh are you feeling me now? Man zoo? Now we know playing sports in school, Pop Warner's the nigga's on the team. That's that's a little bit active.
Speaker 8: They hood, you know what, I coached a few so and now so just because you're on the football team, basketball team, baseball team, swimming, water polo or hockey or whatever, baseball You're not safe.
Speaker 6: No, no, you're not safe from this activity. No, that's that's just like I was talking. That's just like I was speaking on the show about the about the boys in Algiers, Louisiana. You're not safe, right, So you know you him, him is influencer. You've been influencing people for a long time as well as yourself, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. Still, you know, be prive before you become this producer and this and that where he was acting and this and that. Right, So you influenced you know, even when you wouldn't rapping, or when you wouldn't rapping, you.
Speaker 1: You you still influence people exact, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And so when you got people that's on the football team, you got somebody games. Because I grew up there was homies on the team. Like it took like it took one one month, took one month of a summer before football for about six something, eight of us was claiming the set got me. You understand the compan So you're not saying a whole bunch of niggas on the team that was game bag. Y'all want to come from. So now you go to college and you bring that some of that with you over to the cuss. You're not the only one because now you got people from different states that like Steve came from different state. You understand, I mean, you know what I mean. He came with him. You know what I'm saying when he was pushing back then. So you now you're in a mixed bowl or other. You no longer the only fastest guy. You're not the on the smartest guy. He the on the toughest guy, ain't the best fighter. You might be one of the top four or five, but that's fifty other dudes down there that you have to deal with exactly. So they pushing what they come from. If they were from from other state, they had this and that and that. Then you coming with yours. Yeah, a mom and the daddy gonna want their kids. Bang, come on a logical, great parents don't want you involved in that. He said some things. I want to say that as well. My mom dad was Christians, and my mom was fully devoted in the church. Like she's pushing it set, but she pushing religion Jesus probably punting Acostal church lifestyle. Bage. This still pressing that today you understand that I'm coming from so, but I got into what I got into. You understand me. So I believe not to say I'm not trying to blow nobody out of water. I don't know, no he particularly if that's playing Major Spaying soccer or playing in the NBA or playing in Major League Baseball, it's affiliated or affiliated. Now I said not a member. I used affiliated, affiliated or whatever exactly or got some in the some people in their life that was from over there where they grew up at, you know, where they mama did, the grandmama, uncle lived at. So we're not gonna get away from say, some of the all them dudes in the NBA or NFL or may the baseball or hockey or whatever are not affiliated with people that was definitely not So we're not getting away from that. In the same thing with the military and the police force here, like you know with the l A County shared department where we being known there was dangs. So we're not getting it. We're not saying it don't exist. And j'a need to notice if you just a square reading anything you see on the internet and believe in everything you see on the internet, you're gonna be misled you can easily be misled because one thing of being spoken about is that whoever's politicking him understand me, wrote some stuff, said some stuff, and just you believe that truth. The real the definitements of the truth is wherever you get people to believe in. So that's somebody truth that's putting that out there.
Speaker 2: But he has he has priors though.
Speaker 4: He's doing he's not doing anything illegal. Oh got you got you got a snopper, right, illgal? But when you find me one thing, I'm just listen. You you mix it. You're Californian guys. Exactly, You're Californian guys. Oh yeah, we only speaking, oh because we got families. Well, I know I do. I don't want to microphone I got but I got feeling these you stand me. I ain't supposed to be with no firearms or get caught with one. Yes still when I'm coming from yes. So, But I don't know no former people who are nothing to go to botle gun from the guns store in the first place. I ain't never went to the gun and I got mine. I never went to the gun store about no dad.
Speaker 1: I guess it's shocking to some people.
Speaker 4: I gotta like rideing the young dog off a little bit heavy.
Speaker 6: And I and I don't And like I said, to each his own, because I was one of those niggas too, like, yeah, I got a contract from sony million dollars record contract.
Speaker 1: You was riding around and I was riding around with heaters. No, no, what you was riding. Yes, you had to have that. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: So who was speaking at you? Right?
Speaker 1: Definitely, definitely right.
Speaker 6: And then I guess when you still want to be, you know, pulling up in the hood and dipping through the streets of Compton and Lone Beach and Watts and whatever, because you still feeling like nigga, I'm you know, so, yeah, I carry the heat everywhere I go because I knew the lifestyle what I came from. Now, I guess that's what's fucking with so many people, because everybody is trying to say he didn't come from that lifestyle. And that's the only thing I speak on.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 6: You want to carry your heat, Like you said, if it's legal to carry your heat, you want to carry your heat, carry your heat. I not be your protection, correct, But when motherfuckers get to go and he's throwing up gang signs and all this other shit. You know, they already want to get rid of the label of the typical nigga. You get me, that's who we are. You give me all those gang banger dudes and white T shirts and hats and whatever. So it's fucking with them because to them, that's what he's representing.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 6: He's a young dude. Okay, y'all got my heat and I'm playing NBA young boy and shit. So now he wants to be a gang banger. But like you said, it ain't illegal to carry your heat. You know what I'm saying. We don't know the lifestyle he come from. We all came from that lifestyle. You know what I'm saying. When I was fourteen, fifteen, playing football, gang banging. When I went to high school, trying to play sports, gang banging all the way into the I started rapping, I was gang banging. So I get what you saying. There's some dudes who come from the walk of life who that walk of life follows them. Once I go to high school, once I go to college, once I get to the profe, you see a lot of dudes, like you said, NBA or football and around with them. Niggas are some hood niggas you get, but nothing wrong with having a few hood niggas. Wrong definitely, and now especially if that's what you came from, you understand me, but you gotta respect that though. Exact it's about, uh, how you conduct yourself when exactly and I'm speaking from a from a personal perspective, that I have been allowed to be in certain circles. You know, I can kind of control myself for those thinks nothing to me. I kind of can control myself a lot more better than I once done before.
Speaker 4: Exactly, So I know, Hey, if I'm with certain such and such, that's how you feed his family. That's how he got his house, that's how he pay his card notes, how profied for his kids. And then then when they got downe he.
Speaker 1: Go, yeah, so I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't mess this up.
Speaker 4: No, you know what I'm saying now, Blessed to be the ones that I have been around, that allow me around. If I saw some goofball shit, they know I'm gonna say something to him because again they don't support me financially. They have blessed me. You understand me, quite a few times, not like that, so don't get it mixed up.
Speaker 1: But I have my own sourcial income.
Speaker 6: Now, if you don't have your own social income, you might turn the other cheap.
Speaker 4: Some people might do that. But let's just say that if I'm not saying that that, but he needs a person to say to him, a real one, say look, you're hot. They threaten this, they're taking this, they're trying to do this, they're trying to do and plump the brakes.
Speaker 5: Dog.
Speaker 4: Let's just say that's what I think you need because they're after you for some parent reason, and I got this the stigma. They don't want that on. They don't want that around in the NBA.
Speaker 6: You can stay wrap your ass off, but don't bring that up into the NBA or the NFL and become a public nuisance to this bigger dollar corporation.
Speaker 4: So I can that's what might need to be spained to him at a time where he's come we should not not be up on him. Uh through this internet and find out more a little bit more body and ship. Okay, it's hard to talk to a nigga that thanks here like he's some old saint nigga over here.
Speaker 1: This nigga you go look up Junior on the on the the internet. This nigga around seven backs, understand me up there like Jesus Christ, I'm just saying, man, that's what trip me out.
Speaker 4: And I'm not gonna say this because this is my this is my boy right here. Man, I'm listen.
Speaker 6: We from on the Line podcast show with j J from Junior would still put us together, right, So I trip.
Speaker 1: Off when he go do the square stuff right now like he's doing right.
Speaker 6: Now, pistol with niggas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go check him out. So where was you gonna say? Let's just say, let's let's get up here the next let you start tripping right now.
Speaker 7: Let let's just say, let's just say John Morant, he did come from that walk of life.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 2: Let's just give him that nothing. Hold on, he didn't do nothing illegal. But he don't work for us.
Speaker 7: We don't write as checks. He's not under contract. We don't know what that what the stipulations are. We don't know what what his stipulations are. Like, look, dude, you you making us look bad.
Speaker 5: Mamma laying this. I'll let you say your piece.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: We have to stop trying to feel sorry for niggas every time they go do something, all they picking on him. Ain't nobody picking on that motherfucker. Nope, this nigga make forty million dollars a year. Dog forty million dollars a year. You know how many motherfuckers out here barely surviving on thirty thousand, he make forty. He is a motherfucking role model, whether he want to be or not. He signed the NBA contract and I'm pretty sure they have in there. They have moral stipulation clause in his contract that says you can't go out here doing dumb shit to make our organization look bad. He is not a normal nigga, and that's why he makes forty million dollars a year. Who like eight is a rapper being a rapper in a professional athnue is a regular rapper, is a gangster rap. He's a gangster rapper. So yeah, if he out there fucking up, the record company love it because they're like, shit, we gonna sell more records this nigga, I acting look fool.
Speaker 4: Imagine you got a more contract with Black Effect.
Speaker 5: And uh I heard on a podcast this for niggas Entertainment.
Speaker 7: That's not so and not to mention he has a Gatorade contract and a night contract.
Speaker 5: And now I know, Yeah, I'll let you finish because he's playing on my stuff. I stayed quiet while he was up there. You'll picking on the homing y'all square niggas this and that. No, this motherfucker has obligation the moment he put them people's checks in his bank account, exactly, he said, I'm gonna do what the fuck is required of me. That means keep my head down to play basketball. See, I'm gonna tell you something. I ain't got a problem with him.
Speaker 4: Math.
Speaker 5: He the nigga worked for forty million all his money, so he should have some kind of protection. What I got a problem with is this is the being online and doing all this shit. Knowing you just got suspended for that ship, why would you go back and do it again? And if it was your homeboys, gun get that niggas from the fuck from around you. You don't need him around. That's not your homeboy. Okay, Yes, I got check this, gun Let me finish.
Speaker 4: Fine.
Speaker 1: I just I got that.
Speaker 4: I know if you were talking, you're talking you sound like a parent, which is nothing wrong with this.
Speaker 5: Out though, But if you were riding with me. I know that you and Junior are former feelings. Right, let us say I was still dabbling, right, and I had a motherfucking zone and the boat and some shit in my back seat, right, I would tell y'all niggas before y'all got a.
Speaker 4: Man Sauzon what huh? It's Bearjuana is legal here now? No, I'm talking about you know, some other shit.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, some work.
Speaker 5: If I got a boat, if you know the boat is a thousand pills, right, If I got a couple of boats in the back of my trunk and this and that, I'm gonna tell all y'all because I know me getting caught, I'm not no feeling, right, it's gonna be different. I'ma be in trouble. But now I'm putting y'all in some shit too. The moment you get in my car get pulled over, they gonna run your shit, be like, oh shit, there's gonna be twenty cars swooped down on us. They'll be like this nigga's in here with this. They gonna assume the worst, right, Right, So I'm gonna tell you know what you're getting yourself into. He just went through this shit already. So no, I don't feel it's no sympathy for that nigga.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's niggas hood in Memphis. Yeah, I've been to Memphis niggas. Motherfucker, they got some projects out there. I mean, niggas is hood in Memphis. Like I said, I performed in Memphis. I've been to Memphis niggas. Like I said. When I tell niggas about when I rap and I do songs and shit, I don't do songs when I just talk about Compton and Long Beach in our area. I do songs because I know it's hood niggas everywhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 6: Again, when I was rapping and I was riding around in cars and and fucking still associated with niggas that I was banging with, and I'm still going over there knowing I gotta pass through sections where I wasn't welcomed or probably still ain't welcomed.
Speaker 1: I probably had two heats under the seat, you get me.
Speaker 6: I know, I was signed to Sony Music, and I was doing rap videos and on tour, and you know, was rubbing shoulders with the white people, and you know, and going up in corporate offices and shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But then when I left Sony Music in Santa Monica and I went back to the hood, the strap went back under my seat. Did I do that because I just felt like, you know, I'm MC eight now and I got an image to portray. No, I did that shit because somebody might try to dump on me around.
Speaker 2: Here, and you was doing that way before the contract.
Speaker 6: God damn mic So when I was when I was sixteen seventeen and we was pushing Mom's car off the driveway in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: She was sleep.
Speaker 1: Dudes, dudes, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me say this please for a moment, right, I like to say that, Junior, I think you might agree with me on this. And A is a great candidate speaking from a young man to start touching money legally at a young age so he can really collate with with the young brother, the basketball and baby guy.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna say this.
Speaker 4: As as a former active gang member, I want you to all everybody's in that age range and uh that's in positions like that, you'll need to hear what I'm about to tell you.
Speaker 1: When you need your group of people that you.
Speaker 4: Got around you, y'all, y'alla, learn how to move. Yes, in a cord with me. Uh, there's a couple of guys you can go look at uh look at the keyboard Sugar online podcast with keyboard. It is Ice Cubes. Uh Henderson. He'll tell you how you should be moving in this industry. You're not saying, Andrew, I'm talking about the professor. It's a certain way you need to move and you should not. Uh you know, net folks know you got one on you, of course got me whoever this man or it's gonna be a dune him, particularly any of those in this and it should not never know you got it on you, and you should hire or if the homies just with you, they need to be sacrificed, know that they will be sacrificed or uh get it legally to carry that brether carry you know what I'm saying. And yeah, you should know also okay, all right, saying just letting us know what that for me, what's going on? I'm okay, But it's a word you should know how to move when you're out about in certain situations. Use this anybody else who don't know, and those who coming up don't get caught like this. Yeah, yeah, but you know how to move with you. But yeah, no means stay quiet.
Speaker 6: If if were going to the gas station around the corner from the mansion, we probably don't need the heat. If if if we finn Foe deep up and we finna go to the picnic in the hood, then.
Speaker 1: We probably need the heat up. Got it?
Speaker 6: Like you said, you gotta learn how to move according And I'm going to a fucking If I'm on my way to the game at the arena and I'm playing the night, I probably.
Speaker 2: Don't need They got security there.
Speaker 6: So you have to learn what your situations is. And again, like you said, nobody know how Joah grew up. I don't know if he grew up in the hood, the projects, the parents, was with the business, like you said, if Mon's was with the business and she telling nine homies, whatever that means. Like I said, Memphis was no place to the fuck with. They was hard.
Speaker 4: I've got you, but still but they still. You gotta hot and maneuver when you're out about playing your games or that's not just the way you move that you don't disturb the waves in the water. But people know what's going on with you. And you got there for a reason. There's people need you need to have up there for particular reasons.
Speaker 6: And not to say you're a plunk or anything or whatever. But you gotta learn at this at this stage, you gotta learn how to avoid situations where you need a fucking heat gotcha. And you gotta like, like, Okay, y'all from west and there's a party in the east, maybe we may not go to the party in the east today.
Speaker 4: Get me.
Speaker 6: You got to learn how to and not to say that you're a punk or a mark or anything like that.
Speaker 1: But that's the way I learned.
Speaker 6: I learned, like, damn, why I gotta strap up with three four heats in the trunk when I could.
Speaker 1: Just not go to that shit tonight.
Speaker 6: You get me like, hey man, they doing the video over here or at the club here tonight, so and so, and I hear so and so is supposed to be showing up. You automatically like, oh, we gotta we gotta heat up. But I start learning, oh is that right? Oh well, I check y'all niggas tomorrow. Then I'll holler at y'all.
Speaker 2: That's the aspect.
Speaker 6: That's what I start learning how to avoid, Like like damn, my nigga, we're finna go to the store. You got you got the heat on you because we're finna go to the store. And they said, we need not go to that store. Maybe we can go to this store over here to where you ain't got to give you all the number.
Speaker 5: One reason why, number of reason why Jammarant lost thirty nine million dollars at the feeling to make an All NBA team.
Speaker 2: That's part of his contract.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying, is a part of his contract. He would have earned an additional amount of money. That's a substantial amount of money to lose out on. So just from the business aspect, fuck every fuck what we think right man? Me running around with these straps, it's causing me to lose income. That's the reason why I'm playing basketball. Other than that, he would just be in a park in South Carolina someone playing basketball. You can go play basketball if you love basketball. They didn't like football, y'all just can't get a bunch of old niggas together and say let's go play a game tackle football. You know what I mean exactly, Basketball you can play that. So he's playing basketball NBA because he's making money and gets to compete at the highest level. If he wants to continue to earn that amount of money and get to play the game of basketball at the highest level, he needs to stop doing dumb shit.
Speaker 7: And see when you mentioned the part about business. Here's the thing about athletes. When we sign you to a contract, you're marketable. If they don't see you, we can't get We can't market you. So when we need you to be at the All Star Games, we need you to wear these shoes that we're.
Speaker 2: Paying you to wear.
Speaker 7: But if you're doing dumb shit out in the world and get suspended and you got all this naggive publicity, nobody's going to see you. And then NBA is overseas now, so we want them to also buy the shoes that we're paying you to wear, your.
Speaker 2: Jerseys, all that stuff. It's all business.
Speaker 7: If you're not marketable, why are we giving you all this money for you not to play?
Speaker 5: And I will say this about the NBA. As far as the sports leagues go, the NBA is the most friendly to African Americans. Young African Americans. Like all the Brothers start getting the tattoos. I never heard nobody trip the Brothers wanted to start dressing a little different instead of dressing up in suits. They start letting them do a little bit more right, So it's a very player friendly.
Speaker 2: League, you think, Sir Alan Iverson.
Speaker 5: You know to where you think about it With the NFL, the NFL wants you. They care about that shield. You come out there doing some dumb shit, you want to be there because there are more football players than they could ever use. That's why they could do whatever they want to. The motherfuckers. That's why they just now starting to get the guaranteed contracts to where Mother the brothers is getting the twenty and thirty million. But when I tell you about them contracts, believe me, it's a whole bunch of morality clauses than the motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they caught doing this, We.
Speaker 5: Got a right to take this back if you get caught doing this. We don't have to give you that. So yeah, if you out there doing dumb shit like this, I'm not saying don't protect yourself. I would never say that. I think every man, I think it's all right if it's a marriage. Don't get me started on gun rights. I think every American in this country should be able to carry a pistol. Yeah, but you but that. But you, according to you, that's dumb shit carring the piss. No I'm saying him, I'm not making forty million dollars a year.
Speaker 4: Nbeah.
Speaker 5: He I ain't saying he can't carry a pistol. But you're gonna have the money. Bringing no law again.
Speaker 4: But check this out. You to break your laws from the point. So you're gonna hear you. But you one of them niggas that just go fuck it.
Speaker 5: The homie.
Speaker 4: They doing the wrong.
Speaker 5: Nigga don't want out like the mama that is always crying about her baby. He like my baby. If for no reason this this nigga been robbing niggas in the neighborhood. Nigga been a minutes to the neighborhood for years. But the mama up.
Speaker 4: There crying, oh my baby.
Speaker 5: They're doing them so bad. But little bootoo, don't bust the motherfuckers in their head. Don't rape bitches.
Speaker 4: Don't get all kind of shit. You just got a whole story.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have a I have a I.
Speaker 7: Have a question for for YouTube. Gentlemen, y'all both have sons. That's athletes. They that y'all know and and they both have sons who are prominent, who who eventually will go to the league. Now, okay, so you first ate knowing you've been watching sports, play sports, but knowing the type of problems that's out there. Once they get that NBA contract or NFL contract, what's the type of conversation you will have with your son.
Speaker 6: Don't fuck it up, don't fuck it off. It's easy. It's easy to fuck it off. I mean, I don't want to be a a a motherfucking preacher. Like, hey man, I'm telling you if you don't this WoT you won't because at the end of the day, motherfucker gonna do what the fuck they want to do.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 5: Do you think your.
Speaker 4: Son is involved in the gang?
Speaker 6: Now? No one was in sure. Yeah, even with the dudes he hang out with. Yeah, all his dudes he hanged with, they're all. They're all. They're all quest for for sports and being better is more dominant than the street life because they could see that from me firsthand. So you could detect it. Yeah, I can all the detect niggers who you know, smoking weed, gang banging with the passion. No, No, because I did it already. You get me.
Speaker 5: You didn't do that.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 6: My son is home every night every day. If he ain't at home, he at work. If he's not at work, he's at a sports for a complex working out. There's no There was no.
Speaker 1: Like with my mom.
Speaker 6: When I walked out the door, she know where the fuck I was. When my mom went to work at eleven o'clock at night, I was in the hood until she got off work at seven in the morning. Get me, God damn right ready for school, not knowing a motherfucking thing. I'm over there with sacks of ya and straps on me, strawberries and hood rats and paying niggas for cluck cars and ship to go to the Vermont drive in and everything. So but with the very much I not to say that my parents. My parents loved me, you know, I got that sense. But I had freedom as a as a young nigga. You get me. I was influent by the neighborhood. I wasn't influenced by the NFL or the NBA. I was already a nigga feeling like that, ain't me, nigga. My motherfucking role models is big ya yo down the block with the with the with the villain with Nigga down the block with the rag Volkswagon Nigga with the plus swivel seats, and the Nigga with the brand new Elko with the daytons on it, and you know, the nigga with the Nissan truck with the humps in the back of my nigga with the big K five Blazer Nigga with him with my influences, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't like with my son.
Speaker 6: From the time he was able to, you know, start developing his childhood brain, it was sports or Nigga, you're going to play soccer, Nigga, you're going to play baseball. There was no free time for him to go. There was no idle time for him to you know. And then even when he you know, started seeing the boys in the hood movies and seeing pops and minister society and won't he won't. It was still nigga, we got practiced today at five o'clock. Niggas practiced today at five o'clock. It was never he he didn't have free time. Not just saying that parents don't have to, but it's hard and get me. I turned down tours and shows because I gotta make sure that this Nigga's path is not my path, said, I do not want to be going to motherfucking lp and picking my son up from jail and then having to go to the motherfucking marl and pick him up because he done shop lifted and some.
Speaker 1: I didn't want that.
Speaker 6: And then that's why I moved to the area where it was whites and blacks and Asians.
Speaker 1: You did me, and then so and then.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I got to from the time it was time to start having friends, I'm right here.
Speaker 5: Who is that?
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 6: You get me? I knew all his friends. Oh his friend was a little white boy across the street who had the swimming pool. That was one of his friends. And then when they go to the fifth and sixth grade, Oh his friends is the two dudes who play on the football team with him every weekend.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 6: And then when it's seventh eighth grade, who is his friends? Oh that nigga stabbed my house every night. That nigga stabbed my house every night. That Nigga stabbed his house every night. Then I checked the resumes. Who's the fucking parents, where's his mama from, where's daddy from?
Speaker 1: They from the hood. They from La, what set did his daddy claim or whatever?
Speaker 2: That's real shit.
Speaker 6: I did all that shit because I wanted to know the type of people that when he's going over people's houses, I want know is his dad over there claiming blood? Is he claiming crip? Is he around there just like dumb as fuck is you know? I wanted to know that shit. And then when you meet the parents, Oh, if parents work at the aviation company, his mom's a realtor. Oh shit, his father's a fucking policeman. His mom's are fucking so got to run none of that.
Speaker 1: You give me.
Speaker 6: So now when it's time, when it's time for you know, to cut the string a little bit. Oh, we want to go to the mall, or we want to go to the movies, or we want to go to the Who is he hanging with? Oh he's still hanging with John, Sam and Tom from the football team from the last eight years.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 6: I'm just seeing this nigga parents and going over their house every fucking weekend for eight years and football parties and everything. There is no other influence. Now when they start getting older, shit start changing, you know. Now you hear him in the room listening to a rap music and YouTube is on the TV, and you hear the influences, and then they even might come to you every now and then be like, Dad, don't want a rap, you give me?
Speaker 1: I got that too.
Speaker 6: It ain't rapping, and not because he don't couldn't have the talent to rap. But I'm thinking, like, what did I go through in this music fucking business? I want to see that for him? Or would I'd rather a motherfucker be a normal human being and have a nine to five and make one hundred two hundred thousand a year and don't have to stress about who don't like him or who says video suck or fuck him just because he's the next new rapper. And I'm thinking that's gonna bring my motherfuckers. I'm looking at the rap shit nowadays, niggas beef and just putting out records and don't even know each other.
Speaker 1: Did I want my son to go through that? I said, nah.
Speaker 6: So the influence became let's push sports and now now my my My My ship to him was, Okay, I'm gonna hire you a trainer. I'm gonna sing you here, I'm gonna sing you there. So I started getting more interest in making his interest become hmm. And then he starts saying, Hey, I'm pretty good, I'm pretty good. I'm pretty good. Well, I'm not average and I'm not regular, and you you adapted that. So as a parent, that's what I gave to him. Like I said, I would turn down shit, nigga, I turned down being in the fucking Alright video with Kendrick Lamar. He called me for fucking four days straight and I told him I could not do it because I was out of town. They was ready for me to fly back from out of town. You asked top nigga. They called me off fucking weekend trying to get me to come do that video and I had to turn him down because my son had a fucking football game on Daddy Mo, and I could I Did I want to?
Speaker 1: Did I want to?
Speaker 4: Yes? I come on.
Speaker 1: I just did the song with Kendrick.
Speaker 6: Mad City Record was blowing up and they called me to do the acting part in the Alright video. Who they had in there. They had terry crews. That's they wanted me to do that. They wanted me to play the whole part in the video. He asked for me to come do it.
Speaker 1: He called me.
Speaker 6: It was like eight, you think you're gonna come through, You think you gonna come through, and I just like, man, I want to and I was trying to figure it out, but there was no way I could do it. There was no way I could do it. I mos I was coaching. I was coaching, and then practice. You know how this shit is. Practices every day from six thirty to eight thirty Monday through Friday, and then fucking the games on Saturdays. I gotta be at the games two hours before the game start because I'm working the gate for the team before me. So it's like the thirteen years of my life. I dedicated nothing to my son in Little League sports, Like I said, I would turn down shows, and when niggas would call me for shows, I would tell them when is the show Friday night? I said, The only way I'm gonna come is if you fly me to fuck out Friday morning, get me there. I do the show that night. I gotta be on the first fucking thing smoking Saturday morning. It could be three o'clock in LA and I'm on the plane somewhere on the East Coast at six in the morning trying to get back for two o'clock to make the fucking game.
Speaker 1: That's what I think. What.
Speaker 6: I flew all the way to fucking Europe. I had a tour in Europe. My son made the super Bowl. Man the nigga been playing what for six years? Finally made the super Bowl. It was my team. I had a tour in Europe, Nigga. I flew for twenty two hours straight just to make it back for the last hey two minutes of the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That's how long I caught of it.
Speaker 6: But I flew from Paris Lax and then had to drive all the way to Rancho Cucamonga just so I could catch the last three minutes of the super Bowl. And I was the head coach, So I just wanted to show him that you could achieve something. You got to go to path. I took. Man, it's a lot of young dudes. Man, y'all don't have to take the path. And I get it because my father wasn't a round. Was he present? Yes, around, no difference.
Speaker 1: You give me. That's why I started game band.
Speaker 5: You give me.
Speaker 1: My influence was the block. It was nothing else.
Speaker 6: I tell niggas every time I used to I bet you used to do it every all of us. You would to do it three, four or five years old. You used to get up on Saturday morning. Man, get that bowl of fucking Captain crunch Man, super Friends is Own Man and all those fucking Saturday morning cartoons. Your dress disappear as a child when you see them niggas down the street. Don't give for fuck man, if you ain't got no daddy in the house, even if you do have a father in the house, if you lived in that era. So the niggas down the block is who you wanted to be.
Speaker 4: This whole issue is about influence. Yeah, so we can take influence, put it in a bottle, we can sell it.
Speaker 6: Goddamn right. So how many motherfuckers want to be us? I don't, But man, please, it's a nigga. It's a niggas whit they might not do. It's a nigga wake up every day?
Speaker 1: Who envy you? Who you know that might be?
Speaker 6: It's a nigga who wake up every Yeah, it's niggas who were and not to say like I want to wake up and physically be but who you are or I want to be that they want to I want to be that they want to.
Speaker 1: I want to be that that nigga got a podcast, he got.
Speaker 6: The respect from the streets, he used to be a hard nigga, blah blah blah whatever. It's niggas wake up every day envy to be that. That's where you get the haters from. That's what you get the jealous motherfuckers from. That's where you get the motherfuckers who don't know you from a can of paint, who go, man, fuck they motherfucking podcast. These two niggas for the podcast and every week to talk shit to you, just just to get on there, and because they go, who the fuck are you? But but I tribute that to like I say, it's niggas who wake up and who want to be you, because like nigga, you can do what you want to do. But it's just some niggas who just don't have the knack to do what we do, so they wake up and they hate on you. You nigga, you don't know me from shit. They don't know me from nothing, from your own opinion about me, nothing, Like you don't know anything. All you do is sit up on the podcast and watch me every day and you form an opinion about me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh that's vicious, but it's niggas like that.
Speaker 6: So influence is very hard, is very high. And like I said, we're not gonna I'm not gonna call my man a dummy because I don't want to be depict as black man as being dumb. Because the nigga had to be somebody to make it through college and make it through the NBA and a motherfucker to give him two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: So what it is is you.
Speaker 6: Gotta watch my dude, jah, you gotta watch the influences man.
Speaker 1: And like I said, it's hard to be hard.
Speaker 6: That that gives us a sense of being when motherfuckers know we hard, that nigga hard.
Speaker 5: You get me.
Speaker 6: Niggas don't question you, you get me. Niggas don't approach you or that nigga hard, that nigga, that nigga hardga, that nigga hard nigga. Second, yes, when they think you hard, and some niggas have to build that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: You see my nigga on the court slamming, going up on niggas. You know niggas like staring niggas down. You know you hard. And to the fans in the stands that nigga hard.
Speaker 5: You get me.
Speaker 6: So you gotta watch your influences and watch you know, and and still your homies is your homies. If they've been with you from the dirt and the mud, then great, It's fabulous that you can take them on the rid because let's face it, a lot of them niggas won't go nowhere. A lot of them still be stuck in the hood. You gonna take them niggas places that they ain't never been. They gonna ride in cars and eat food and see bitches and top asses that they would have never done in their whole lifetime. So shots out to you for bringing the homies up and showing them another side of life. But you are at the point to where you got the tread then you gotta tread light because when the white motherfucker signed in your check and they want to keep up the image, then you have to follow that path.
Speaker 1: My nigga, you know what I'm saying. Tell a nigga to keep his livee off.
Speaker 6: When y'all in the car, you give me you wanna put you wanna roll around with a strap today. Maybe it's not the business of the internet to know we riding with.
Speaker 5: The hit today.
Speaker 6: You get me.
Speaker 5: It's some dude that don't came out and said, because I guess he jam Moran throwing up his hood. He said, he gotta pay for that.
Speaker 6: That's a dude, I think, some dude in Memphis. But we'll speak on that. On another side. We're gonna kill this man. We gonna we're gonna kill this Jamaran alone. Hey, real quick man, eight, I want to ask you something, so good friend of mine, dude, you know it's a friend of the show, Linzo Williams. He called me this and he was kind of upset because I don't know how you just hearing it. I don't even remember what episode was that on. What episode was that on? Brian, It was a long time. I guess he's just not getting wind.
Speaker 5: He said. Man, I'm very offended. The eight called the very people that put him on that. He said that our music was wagon, the World Class Record cruit this and this.
Speaker 4: So I was gonna call Lonzo, Oh how you said the world Record crew?
Speaker 1: Do you call it?
Speaker 6: No, you call him on the next episode. I'm gonna, I'm gonna, i'mna address this and we're gonna deal with it. On the next right. It was the name of the building.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 1: I never said fuck the Wrecking Crew.
Speaker 4: I never.
Speaker 6: My point is to not want to say disrespect the four fathers of whatever is believed to be. But when people asked me about the foundation of West Coast rap music, it was fucking corny, straight up.
Speaker 1: You're talking about before you or while you was doing before me.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about when you used to have to listen to people like Bobby, Jimmy and the Critters and when you you know, Wrecking Crew, I listen. I bought Doctor Dre Surgery records. Were they an influence of being a hip hop artist to me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: What they were influenced to me as was being a fucking DJ. They were not influential to me as rap artists. They were influential to me as DJs and musicians. I never listened to Wrecking Crew as a sign of this would be the paveway of West Coast hip hop, because look what West Coast hip hop is now. He wants to say that without him there would be no m C eighth.
Speaker 2: Okay, so so so so.
Speaker 6: I addressed this without without Linzo and that type music, what they have still been in NC eight I wasn't influenced by the fucking recon Crew. I was influenced by East Coast rap. I was influenced by people like UTFO and just Ice. I was influenced by people like Rock Sanne Charte and Sparky D, Bobby, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: And the Critters.
Speaker 6: And Lonzo did not fucking influence me to become a hip hop artist. Toddy T and Mixed Master Spade is what influenced me. Lonzo and them knew how to get motherfucking record deals. That's how they knew how to do because us, as young, gang banging, ass hustling drug dealers, we didn't know shit about music industry. You couldn't have told me shit about how to put out a record that came from Easy It did not come from the Wrecking Crew. Did the Recing Crew start as musicians on the West Coast? Sure they did. They sure did. And like I said, did I go spend my money on Doctor dre Surgery twelve inch records?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did. Did I buy Turn Off the Lights? No? I did not.
Speaker 6: You get me so I understand where he's coming from saying, you know, I'm one of the dudes who was a pioneer. First of all, you didn't even like hip hop. You didn't like rapp Gates the rap it was told in the movie. You hated it. You hate it. When Dre and Easy Stuck stepped up and was wanting to come with the street shit, you wanted them to continue with the dance shit. You know, the sequence robes and the DJ in at the parties, which was for the record, Easy of that, but go Ahead, which.
Speaker 1: Was which was.
Speaker 6: Like I said, a lot of our music or influence on the West Coast was electro funk dance music.
Speaker 1: You get me a lot of that music.
Speaker 5: You know what the West Coach was when I first came out. That's strangely saying that right now, real talk.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, I don't want to say nothing, but it's something I've got going on. Is in line with what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: When I when I was a youngster, like I said, I heard, I heard parody records. You give me Russ Parr and there making parody records. Look at all these roaches off of look at all these rumors.
Speaker 1: You know, we had funny rap rap records.
Speaker 6: We didn't have niggas who were serious about musical shit until.
Speaker 1: King T came with Payback to Mother.
Speaker 4: He's talk about put out an album, not the mixed No.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the straight twelve inch where niggas wasn't even putting out albums of rap.
Speaker 1: You had King T, you had.
Speaker 6: Iced Tea with six in the Morning, okay, and then you had the fucking TDK tapes with Todd and Nicked Master Spade.
Speaker 1: Now that's what you got.
Speaker 6: That swhere, you got your daily dose of gangster rap music. Lonzo and them did sequence dance music. It didn't have anything to do with hip hop. But because he had in the palm of his hand Doctor Dre and all of that, he felt like, you know, I am the godfather. Hey, if you want to take that, you want to take that. I ain't got no disrespect to you. But don't come at me and say shit like you disappointed, because I'm disappointed that our foundation was fucking look at all these roaches and fucking Doctor Dre, Doctor Dre. You give me, I mean, but that was the music that they wanted to push. That was the music they wanted to put you damn right. It was on the radio record crew and before you turn off the light and all that shit. But it wasn't my influence, because if it was, I'd be doing music like that today. When I started, I got influenced because I used to buy twenty dollars TDK tapes of motherfucking Todd rapping off of Rapping Duke talking about the Battle Ram. I used to hear him in Spade rapping off a big mouth, you know, off of the dope house. I used to hear the HUDINEDI the freaks come out at night. I used to hear the clucks come out at night.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 6: That's why I learned how to be MC eight and counts most warned because I had a nigga in my neighborhood who was making tapes telling us about Darryl Gates in the Battle Ram and raids and who was the motherfucking Strawberry and trag new Park and who got raided and who got their dough kicked in. And that's where I learned how to be MC eight. That's it didn't come from the wrecking crew.
Speaker 2: Well, see, that's.
Speaker 7: That's an individual statement, because this is what influenced you, not that, So that's not saying as a whole you're not saying, Hey, that's not what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: It's individually with you.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying like, fuck the Pioneers or Coast right. He feels I'm saying it because I'm saying that our music wasn't what it is designed today. I mean, today we got all kinds of varieties. But back then, when you listen to East Coast beginning rap and you listen to West Coast beginning rap, we was on some funny shit.
Speaker 1: We was on some parody joke shit.
Speaker 7: And it's facts to that because you can always go YouTube.
Speaker 6: And go back to YouTube and go back to the early seventies and eighties, and like I said, on Man, it was right there. So like, I don't turn around and put me in a category of saying I'm trying to disrespect the pioneers because I don't disrespect Todd Master Spade. I don't disrespect Easy, I don't disrespect it. I never goo ah fucking niggas. I don't care what they was doing. Uh you know, those were my influences, like I said, And in respect to the wrecking crew and what they had to go through to to.
Speaker 1: Be able to go fuck this shit, you get me.
Speaker 6: A shout out to niggas like Dre and Easy because they wanted to try something different when there was a motherfucker telling them now we should do this type of shit only so you.
Speaker 1: Know, and and and that.
Speaker 6: On that note, a lot of them niggas did have they hand and I and I put it just like this, if they probably would have been straight up with niggas and been real and been ready and straight off the back, they probably would they had they hand and a lot of shit today. But you know when when shit don't go right, and you know, when you feel niggas talents and you feel they motherfucking shit ain't worth, you know, whatever shit goes crooked. But like I said, teach me anything about who the person I am today. They didn't influence me. That's becoming an artist. No, that came from New York. And I tell niggas every day in all kind of interviews. My influences came from New York. That's how I started listening to rap.
Speaker 5: Now, most people's influence came from New York because it really wasn't no rep nowhere else, No.
Speaker 6: If you were if you grew up on the West Coast seventies eighties, a lot of our music was dance, electro funk influenced. You know, they go to the parties.
Speaker 5: You know. I'm gonna tell you what a lot of people don't know, bro, is that the actual creator of Miami Base. The whole dance music that we was on that went to Miami blew Up was really La music because mister Mix was their producer. Mister Mix was from Riverside, California.
Speaker 6: There used to listen to all that shit down here, all that all that Electric Kingdom and Siberian Nights and Tour de France, and that's all we gave a fuck about. Have to say ship on the record. All you had to do was be breathing and it had to be a good beat.
Speaker 4: Nigga.
Speaker 6: We was bumping that ship here because our foundation of music was like it's like we came out.
Speaker 1: It's like we got stuck in.
Speaker 6: The disco era with our music, but let's get the fuck about it. The turning point was the turning point for me is when like I said, I went to New York, I went to Mississippi on a summer vacation and I heard my cousin playing Sucker m Seas and I was like what the fuck is that? And he was like, you ain't ever y'all gotta run demc down there. And I heard ship like freaking Zoids by Midnight Star. And then I started hearing like fucking pack Jam by the fucking Johnson Crew. And then I heard fucking Utfo, I heard just Ice, I heard fucking ultraumatic MC's. I'm like, these niggas is rap rapping. I heard Sugar Heel Gang and fucking I'm like, no, these niggas is rap rapping like they ain't like back at home, while all you here is niggas scratching and and breathing on the mic. Like these niggas is actually rapping. So that's what influenced me. And then when I got back to motherfucking the city. When I got back to the city, you know, I ran right the VI P and Compton on motherfucking Compton Boulevard, Nigga right across the street from Humphreys drug Store and Nigga. I brought my first twelve inch Nigga fly Girl Nigga.
Speaker 4: That was rapping.
Speaker 1: We didn't have that shit here, we did not have that ship here.
Speaker 5: We got out of here. I gotta really talk about some rap shit man, and some cold podcasts and shit. Man. That gainst the Chronicles two hundred episode. Even though we passed the two undrefth episode, now we still go celebrate that two hundredth episode. Man, this is going down. Man. We gonna have some everybody out there, and it's gonna be a session. So for all my people that like to there's gonna be plenty of that going on. You know, we could have you know, a whole bunch of the top vendors.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: We gonna have some good tackles out there.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a barbecue competition. Oh man, food this time. Man. You know this because it's an entry fee. Before it was some free and only niggas to come in and want some shit free. They want food and all other shit way to get up here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we got a little entry all right, what I brought up? Now?
Speaker 5: You up first?
Speaker 4: You should have brought that up. But when I say something now you want to bring it up? Man?
Speaker 5: Can I read my.
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Got you?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. We got over for one hundred of the top license free vendors in the game, and we got some good hip hop going on man. Of course, we got the Homeboy MC eight man, we got Homegirl, Miss Signs coming through Man, Royal t coming through Glass and alone a whole bunch of people. But you know what, check this out. Y'all heard that, man, So we gonna go ahead and shut this episode down. Man, we got I want to thank the homies on the Line podcast JJ Man who liked to overtalk every mother for But I don't know how you get a word here with this nigga Junior.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm a quiet dude. Man.
Speaker 4: When you watch the show, they didn't know who's doing all the talking. For sure. It wasn't me, I understand. But I'm gonna say one thing. I appreciate you allowing us.
Speaker 1: To come on.
Speaker 5: Yep, yeah, for sure, and we've been wanting to overdo that, trying to get you to come on here for a minute. Man, listen, I'm JJ Fromby.
Speaker 2: I'm just junior man, and.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you for a lowing us, putting us together, allow us to come on the self with the moster eight You know what I'm standing. We were good loco for letting us pull up man.
Speaker 1: And hey, yeah, I don't know how you.
Speaker 6: Deal with this dub with man were man, we get we keep it pushing, so you know that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Man, y'all come hang out with us, Scotch.
Speaker 2: What's the what's the date? Though you didn't did you didn't mention the date?
Speaker 5: Yeah, June seventeen.
Speaker 1: We moved. Okay, that's official.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, that that is Oh yeah, I said, hold on, yeah, because I was about to hit you about this especially No, I'm like, my nigga, can he ain't gonna be yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: If you performing that day yeah, Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but I gotta I gotta show on the tenth two with Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the that's the one in Beverly Hills, right yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And y'all make sure you'll not the August one.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, June okay, all right, I know he don't do that ship when I'm all here.
Speaker 5: I just know how we work. I just got, I just got. I just got told this morning. Do we do exports and support your expression? Still? Just know that we're not going to promote anything like that. I said, don't worry about I ain't. I told you on that know we out Jill Well that concludes another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to the Gangst the Chronicles podcast For Apple users, find a purple micae on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a common and rating. Executive producers for The Gangster Chronicles podcast Norman Steel, James MacDonald, Aaron m c a Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Whatt, and audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gangster Chronicles is a production of iHeart Media Network in the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcasts wherever you're listening to your podcasts