Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, Let's go. Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And so much for that.
Speaker 1: It's time for The Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought Us, Patrick Walker, and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 5: It is Friday, December fifteenth, twenty twenty three, Season nineteen, episode number eighty nine. Welcome to the latest edition of The Break. We are live from the WBC Mortgage studios. At the start, it's a fun Friday. We've got a lot of different things we're going to hit today. We've got some injury updates both for the Cowboys and for the Buffalo Bills. We're gonna get into some updates on the team and the matchups and give get these guys to give you some keys to the game offensively and defensive. We're gonna talk a little bit about the weather as well. That's shifted a little bit for us. So something something to consider, uh heah, something to consider. Not the worst, it's not horrible, it's not a blizzard, but definitely different.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: Uh, And in the final segment we're gonna do something a little different here today. We're gonna do some picks and we're gonna pick five different games instead of just the Cowboys game. There are five different games that all have some significance, some importance to the Cowboys based upon uh just seating in the NFC and the Cowboys possibly clinching this weekend. So we'll get into all that are as a game for us in the in the second segment. And my hope is that we finished that game and none of us ends up fired.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm hoping. I hopefully we'll get through that. And uh, I don't know.
Speaker 5: You just never know what people are gonna do when you start getting just throw stuff out there, Okay, good good? You just never know. So well, we'll hope that that doesn't get too far.
Speaker 4: And literally, my dad and mama watching, They watch every morning what's up?
Speaker 2: So I know that wholesome question.
Speaker 5: My mom's watching too, So we got folks want to keep it. And I know your mom she's just supported when right exactly, which we were two minutes late today, so I'm sure she's like, what is going.
Speaker 4: Definitely not trying to reveal too much to my mom and dad love you.
Speaker 2: Well, none of this will be stuff mom doesn't know, So we are family.
Speaker 6: They're like, we're out.
Speaker 2: Are you working from soccer yet?
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, yeah, just not not a football family.
Speaker 2: All right, let's jump in. Let's talk about injuries.
Speaker 5: Let's get updates on a few guys that have popped up on the injury report with illnesses that did not practice yesterday, Brandon Cook's, Stefan Gilmour, Jalen Tolbert.
Speaker 2: What are we hearing about them?
Speaker 4: Okay, so much like what Brian was saying before we went on the air, similar to what I'm hearing. I mean, it too is the season for you know, the bug to go around, you know, flu bug. It's something that Michael Parsons felt fought through against the Eagles. It's something that several other Cowboys players have kind of contracted over the past couple of weeks or so, but it's not negated them from any of these subsequent games after they've come down with it. So it's Brandon Cooks and Stefan Gilmour. Yesterday they were DNP. They went home not feeling well. But as we have the conversation. Expectation is that they'll take the field, they'll get hydrated, they'll get their fluids, and it'll be no different for what Michael Parsons did, only he came down with his later in the week, I mean Saturday night, Sunday, so it was much more challenging, but he was still able to take the field. Them getting their treatment as early as Thursday bodes well for them. Those are the big things. Malie Hooker, I said on yesterday we'd keep an eye on him. He was dn P on Thursday. I know Mike McCarthy said yesterday morning that they would expect Hooker would have some limited participation, but turns out they chose to rest him completely. Expectation is still that he will take the field, but something to definitely keep an eye on there. From there, you know, Jaylen Tobert also in the illness category with Cooks and Gilmore. Nothing of major concern for the Cowboys. Again, draw circle around Hooker, just to keep an eye on it. But I expect him to play. But when you flip over to the Buffalo Bill, they've just ruled out two heavy hitters for them. Micah Hyde and aj Epenessa have both been ruled out from this out of this game against the Cowboys. So two big losses. Something the Cowboys understand because they've they're without Diggs and LV and now Hankins for this game. So yeah, builds are down two big boys.
Speaker 5: Without defensive end Epanessa and safety Hide Brown. How do you anticipate Dallas can actually take advantage of that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: Epinessa though is he's one of these guys at the line of scrimmage that knocks down a lot of passes. You know, He's one of those when he rushed and all of a sudden he realizes he's not going to get home, he goes up, he tips a lot of balls and stuff like that. He's an active player against the run. They still got talented defensive linemen that, but they got one less in this football game that you have to account for, So their rotation will be pretty good, I would expect, though, if you're when you think about with Micah Hyde, there's a guy that's say a veteran player right there that you know his done a really you know, done a really nice job. Uh, you know throughout his career of playing in big games, you know, making big plays.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: At that point.
Speaker 8: Uh, you know, and in the season they Buffalo needs as many big plays as they can get on their defense. I'd look for Taylor Rapp to be the veteran who was with the Rams. I would look for him to be the one that replaces him in the lineup. So you know, the Cowboys do run a lot of stuff in the middle of the field. How the Buffalo Bills deal with your tight ends? Uh, that takes Micah Hyde out of the picture. Good covered guy. We'll see if Taylor wraps up to the assignment.
Speaker 4: Paige and Jake Ferguson. Paige and Jake fergus opportunity, big, big opportunity for him to take advantage of this defense without Micah Hyde. And then of course, you know, without epiness on the field, they still have some horses. Obviously you talk about Leonard Floyd and Ed Oliver who's similar to Osen and how he can move. But losing epeness, I mean, that's that's that's a horse. So you know, it should make for a not easy but slightly less daunting task for the offensive for the Cowboys. As far as protecting and carving lanes for Tony Pollard, Enrico o'dodo all.
Speaker 5: Right, let's move on to this matchup Dallas versus Buffalo. I want you to start first on the offensive side of the ball for the Cowboys, and tell me what do you think is should be the offensive game plan when matching up against this defense.
Speaker 8: I think to me, I've kind of caught between wanting to try and run the football initially, to see where they're at with that. I always like to find out is that the running game is something that we can rely on. Today talking to the equipment men before the game or actually today this morning, they're expecting wet conditions high in the high forties for the game. So now, how wet I couldn't get an idea. You never know until you get to the yard. You know what the rain conditions. But they're expecting in a wet game, and so with the temperatures being in the forties.
Speaker 6: I think you catch a break there.
Speaker 8: If you get wet and the temperatures in the high twenties, you're gonna have snow. And you know that nobody wants to have to deal with that right now. So initially, I think that Mike McCarthy's going to see if Buffalo is up to the task of dealing with a little run. I think both teams are looking at the run early. Maybe Buffalo leans on it a little bit more earlier than Dallas.
Speaker 9: Might.
Speaker 8: I think that Buffalo has to be scared of Dallas throwing the football here. So maybe they're going to pack that thing in the back and let's say, Okay, we'll give you lighter boxes and let you run the ball, and that way you keep from making the big plays on us. That would be something I would be terrified if i'm them. I think they probably are going into this game they just count the back in.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they can cover well enough.
Speaker 8: So they have to figure out, like, listen, if you're going to run the ball on us, that's fine, we can live with that. It's the big plays that we worry about. So I don't know if Mike is going to be, hey, we're gonna get light box, let's try and run the ball. Buffalo gives up some runs now, and so I could initially see that as being something until they figure out that Buffalo just can't do it anymore and they have to commit a little bit more to the run, and then that opens up stuff in the back. I think it's going to be that start for Dallas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, weeks ago, we were looking at this game saying that we thought this might be a game where Dallas would need to rely more on the run because of the location and the possible weather condition and all of that. Luckily, the Cowboys have been improving the running game, but I wish the conditions were differently because I do think the better matchup for Dallas is the passing game against the secondary. We talked about it yesterday. The most talented players are on the line pressuring the quarterback, and I think that would have been an area that the Cowboys could just exploit. But now that there's rain and all of that, it's gonna be one of those games that maybe you're just having to rely just to secure the ball. We know it gets slippery and a lot of turnovers are dropping balls and things like that can start happening. And I don't want Cowboys offense the passing game to start not creating doubt, like losing their confidence. You know, they've been playing so well that if you get to a game where now you're just dropping balls and stuff, it can mess you up as far as like the confidence that you start losing after having a bad game like that, So I just think it might be a game where hopefully the Cowboys can still run the ball and be productive at it.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of torn on this one because you know, if the forecast holds and there is rain and thankfully no wintry mixes in the picture, but if it does rain, then you know, conventional logic tells you you want to establish the run and attack them that way. But I'm torn because I know how effective the passing game can be from the Cowboys, particularly at the second level, with the timing that they've established versus h a secondary that plays a lot of his own and gives you a lot of space to operate. I think I would try to attack that first because I think the Bills are going to expect that you're going to try to run the ball from the outset, so get them on their heels early. Try to take the crowd out of it early, because that's another thing that you got to worry about. You got to quite that crowd early and as often as possible. So I would have.
Speaker 7: Again, sorry, I forget what kind of do A lot of Cowboys fans.
Speaker 4: The Buffalo Cowboys fans typically travel well, but Buffalo Bill's fan Bill's mafia. They protect their they protect their seats very well of anybody wants to do. Yeah, yeah, and I.
Speaker 8: Think the last time we're there, there were quite a few behind the Cowboy they were yelling.
Speaker 6: They were yelling for you, like Amber, they had signs.
Speaker 8: That's the place that guy had to sign, like hey, remember Mark, Yeah I had to sign that.
Speaker 6: It's been such right behind the bench. But yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: But it's not a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like it's not like they will own the stadium.
Speaker 2: It'll be mostly their fans.
Speaker 4: They don't let opposing team teams fans travel and take over their stadium. So the one the Cowboys fans, you'll see they are probably local or they've not driven far to get there. But yeah, so attack them, kind of keep them off balance, and then mix in the run from there. Not saying take your deep shots. I mean, every once in a while, take your shot. Maybe in the first quarter, a couple of deep shots in the second quarter. See how seedy Lamb, Brandon Cooks and those guys are handling those those deep balls in the ring. But for the most part, I say, they expect you to run the ball. Uh and they have a secondary that will allow you to pass the ball. Pass the ball.
Speaker 5: All right, let's run it back. Let's talk about the defensive game plan. What do you think is the most important thing for Cowboys do defensively to stop this offense.
Speaker 6: I think Buffalo's gonna try and run the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 6: I think without with.
Speaker 8: Halt Hankins, and that was a guy in the injury report. You know he's he's the one guy that's not going to be part of it.
Speaker 4: He's not in this game.
Speaker 8: So you know, Carl Davis, we talked about what he potentially has filling in off the practice squad and what he could bring. Uh, it's not gonna be what Hankins is. It's a big body guy, but I still anticipate. I think Buffalo is terrified if you rushing the passer. I think that's something that really even though they don't give up sacks and pressures and stuff, I think they're still they don't want you rushing the passer. I think they're going to test you with the run. I think they're going to test you with the quarterback run. After seeing what Jalen Hurts was able to do on a couple of those designed runs. Uh, this guy is the last in the league when it comes to sliding. This guy doesn't slide. He just runs over people and stuff. He's the last quarterback to play this way.
Speaker 7: And it's crazy.
Speaker 8: He hurt, he gets hurting and that's just his his demeanor. But uh, you know they they've got a really good running back and Cook.
Speaker 6: I mean I think that to me.
Speaker 8: Dallas is going to be tested and it's going to be about playing with discipline, not running around blocks and not being out of gaps and filling when you can't when they do all that, Dallas can play run defense with anybody. But Buffalo is going to test him in this football game. I think both teams are going to try initially, and depending how the game goes, if one goes gets out of hand for the other, then you know you make the other team one dimensional here depending on the score. But I think Buffalo is going to try and run the football to see if you can if you can handle, if you can handle James Cook running downhill at you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think Hankins, you're gonna miss him. You're going to miss him on the line for sure. And I think that just having to face a quarterback like Josh Allen and the way that he plays. Those are the type of quarterbacks that give this Cowboys defense trouble. So that's an area of concern for me. If this guy just could plays the way that he tends to do, I can see that given the Cowboys defense issues all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah we play, it's gonna be dark, Vibesi.
Speaker 5: Not far into the first quarter, it'll be You'll be right, Yeah, it'll feel it'll feel like night.
Speaker 8: I think that Buffalo has to worry too about the turnovers. Dallas really does a great job of turning people over. They punch balls loose when you're you know, so they have to be worried. I mean when when this guy, when this guy throws the ball and throws two interceptions, they lose. You know, they have to be concerned about a team they're playing that knows how to get after the football, tackle the football, and then finish when you throw it in the air.
Speaker 6: And it's you make a mistake.
Speaker 4: For me, you got to stop the run, like Brian said. And in stopping the run, it doesn't just mean bottle up James Cooks in that backfield. It means bottle up Josh Allen as well. It means when you get an opportunity to take Josh Allen down, you take him down. Do not let him run through you. Do not try to arm tackle him. Break down and drive your weight through his torso to get him to the ground. He is a big boy and he is not afraid to keep going through you if you let him. So, if you do that, because it's contrary to what I said about the secondary in Buffalo, they'll give you a lot of space to operate. The Cowboys defense they're very opportunistic, they're very sticky in coverage, and they're going against a guy and Josh Allen who will throw the ball to you if you're the opposing defense. And that's when it's not raining. So when it is raining, the opportunities for takeaways increase. So stop the run, you know, get out to a fast start, forced Josh Allen to throw that ball, and then that'll give you some chances from the defense to get interceptions, maybe some you know, like like Gilmore did against aj Brown with a strip fumble, things like that. So stop the run and then play from there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one other thing to know, Brian, you mentioned the turnovers, the fumbles, that kind of thing. Cowboys turn people over. Bills turn people over as well. Right now, they are second in the league and fumbles recovered. They also third in the leave and lead it third in the league in overall turnovers. So they they can they can get the ball out too, and they can can turn you over. Cowboys have done a good job this year not turn the ball over that boys don't give it aver. But again, now it's strength on strength, right which one wins on a day. By the way, when weather is not a not your frame like, weather creates these sorts of situations.
Speaker 8: You know, it's funny you look at these teams and to me, they're really evenly matched, much like with Philadelphia. I just I know Buffalo's record is what it is. To me, Buffalo doesn't seem like a seven win team. Buffalo seems more like a ten and three team Tiger, and they do. And when you watch them play.
Speaker 5: All right, we're gonna take our first break, we're gonna come back, and here's the moment of truth.
Speaker 2: Let's get to this game.
Speaker 5: Let's see how this goes, and hopefully we will be back on Monday, but a second break will be back.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 11: Five G requires compatible planing. Tovikes five gvailable in your areas. He att dot com slash byg for you for details.
Speaker 12: Cowboys fans, after that move, we've just coined the term rowdy replay.
Speaker 2: Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile banking.
Speaker 12: App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 4: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive, Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com slash can't stop banking.
Speaker 6: Everica is only available in the English language.
Speaker 12: Must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on select mobile devices.
Speaker 2: Message in dat ragsy apply number FDIC.
Speaker 3: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 2: Would you, Dear Doctor? My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 13: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the soldier.
Speaker 9: To cry out?
Speaker 3: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and Sports Turf Equipment United Agon Turf, the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 2: Back to the Break.
Speaker 8: Get a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his Cowboy's themed cottage and the Star District through December twenty fourth. Visit the Stardistrict dot com slash Santa for more info.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 5: Second segment of The Break live from the SWBC Mortgage studios at the Star of the segment is brought to you by blockchain dot Com. Sorry Blockchain for what's about to happen. And with that, I turn it over their But let's go.
Speaker 7: This is the best segment.
Speaker 2: And I'm excited about it. But I would be more excited about if it was off air than on air. But we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 7: It's not that. It's not that crazy.
Speaker 8: If a game.
Speaker 7: Okay, So today's game is spot the lie we each gonna have. We're gonna say three sentences. Two things are gonna be a truth and one's a lie, and then each one of us gets to ask one question to a person in uh, that's saying the sentences, and then we all guess which one was the lie. So we'll see a lot of things are gonna come out of this game. Polker base, who's the biggest liar? Who is not to druss? We'll we'll see. And Brian, you say you're gonna start us thread off?
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 8: My my two truths and one lie. Rang the opening bell on Wall Street name to the All Madden team had lunch with the beast Deep Boys.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, we get one question?
Speaker 7: Yes, asking my question, can ask the question?
Speaker 6: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: What date did you ring the bell?
Speaker 8: It was April twenty fifth of one year of nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't know. Sounds like allly specific.
Speaker 11: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: That's the most popular Beastie Boys record of all time.
Speaker 8: License to Is it licensed to chill or license? I don't know the Beastie Boy I'm not Is it licensed to chill?
Speaker 4: No ill?
Speaker 6: License to ill?
Speaker 8: But yeah, yeah, but I was I was with the I was with the Beastie Boys one time.
Speaker 7: Okay, I want to know more about this Madden situation. What was that all about? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: We were.
Speaker 8: We were the All Madden Scouting team one year for in nineteen ninety six when we won.
Speaker 6: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, state your order again, ring the open bell on Wall Street named to All Madden Team, had.
Speaker 6: Lunch with the Beastie Boys. One, two, and three?
Speaker 4: All right, uh.
Speaker 6: We guess or do we?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Three for you think you had lunch with the Beastie Boys.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, there one is the lie for me.
Speaker 7: I said, yeah, one.
Speaker 6: I did have lunch with the beast I've never rang the bell.
Speaker 2: Yes, there there we go. Okay, who's yeah?
Speaker 8: It was south By Southwest, my buddies, My buddies and the Stubbs Barbecue, Stubs Barbecue, Austin. He says, hey, today you're about to He goes, h you mind you we're having lunch with these guys today.
Speaker 6: And I said, sure, no matter, you're you're working. I understand. And so we're Stubbs Barbecue. The Beastie Boys walked in.
Speaker 8: I go, damn, Steve, I think the these peoples you're having lunch with today?
Speaker 6: And he was getting Stevens getting for an act for his So that was my one. People.
Speaker 8: They're super nice guys, super super nice guys. And then that night they performed and we went and they were totally different than the once right, right, they were fun.
Speaker 2: That's the good artist.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, that's a Brian story that I know. I could believe that one. All right, who's next?
Speaker 2: I don't know who wants to go?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll go all there, you go, I'll go all right. Number one, I have written a song for a Grammy nominated artist. Number two, I have a twin. Number three, I have a license to drive an eighteen wheeler. Spot to lie.
Speaker 7: All right, that's my first question. This twin. There's no way because you've never mentioned a twin. I haven't female. Yes, a female twin.
Speaker 4: I have a twin sister.
Speaker 7: That's something you would have said, because we talk about family.
Speaker 4: We do, and I've talked about my list through quite a bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but never have you mentioned she is a twin.
Speaker 4: It's not something we go around advertising.
Speaker 7: Because it's that's something people say right off the bat.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily, only if they want you in there.
Speaker 2: One question, right now? What was the number one?
Speaker 4: Again, I've written a song for a Grammy nominated artist.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was the name of song?
Speaker 4: I can't tell you. N d A.
Speaker 2: Uh can you sing any lyrics from it?
Speaker 8: N d A.
Speaker 4: I mean I could you. I can answer a question about it, but I can't give you anything that makes it, that identifies the song, because then it identifies the artist.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh, the song was that song like a Grammy?
Speaker 4: No, it was for that artists.
Speaker 2: That song was Now I Got You.
Speaker 4: It was on one of It was on their second album. Okay, all right?
Speaker 6: Did you ever use your long haul license? Yes?
Speaker 4: I drove over the road. Okay, all right, Then you gotta know how to handle landing gear and pigtails and glad hands and.
Speaker 7: Read the ordered again.
Speaker 4: Number One, I've written a song for a Grammy nominated artist. Number two, I have a twin. Number three, I have a license to drive an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: I knew you're gonna say that, because you grilled me like this was there's no way joker in commissioners to everyone that it's too of course, I do have a sister.
Speaker 2: You talked about your family. I was like, no.
Speaker 7: Way, no way, someone has a twin and not.
Speaker 2: Mentioned that there, I would have been like my twin sister.
Speaker 4: I have two sisters. My youngest sister is only two years younger than me, and we look exactly like. So everyone calls us twins but not actual.
Speaker 7: All right, good for your wife. You're a terrible liar.
Speaker 2: That's good, all right, all right, here we go. Two ts and a lie. One.
Speaker 5: I grew up in the country and raised the cow affectionately named Gertrude.
Speaker 4: Two that's detailed.
Speaker 5: I was the nineteen ninety one state debate champion in Texas.
Speaker 6: Three.
Speaker 2: I have been branded six times.
Speaker 7: Bro, this is easy. I don't even have to ask you a question. You guys, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I don't think I have to ask, but I'm going to ask one anyway. Okay, Gertrude, read that question again. Read that statement again.
Speaker 5: I grew up in the country where I raised the cow affectionately named Gertrude.
Speaker 4: Affectionately named Gertrude. How old were you when Gertrude.
Speaker 2: Transition? I was transit transition prob about eleven. It's probably about eleven. I'm trying to.
Speaker 8: Read his Okay, the branding all had to do with your fraternity, right.
Speaker 7: Yes, Okay, then I'll ask a question too, because I'm curious. Okay, this cow, what was its like sleeping environment. What was its home looking like?
Speaker 5: Well, I lived on an acre of land and we had a pasture back in the back of our house. So we had a backyard and then there was a pasture behind that, and that's where the cow was.
Speaker 7: Okay, affectionate would mean that you give them a blanket. They have a cozy home. So I'm gonna say number one, this cow is a lie.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's been branded six times.
Speaker 4: I believe that because.
Speaker 7: Oh that's just specific.
Speaker 5: Correct nine times, nine times, not six times. And I did raise a cow named Gertrude, and I watched my watch my father and my grandfather shoot.
Speaker 2: No, no, they did it at the house.
Speaker 5: A shot shot Gertrude and then strong Gertrude up and skinned it and took all the.
Speaker 2: Meat and the whole nine yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that was a traumatizing experience in my life.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's like me saying how many like strings of hair do I have on my hair?
Speaker 4: Like, you know, I felt that I felt that one was the trick question. But then I started thinking. I was like, well, six seems a lot. But then I was like, no, eternity, six might Yeah, Brian got right, curve, Brian got a right curve ball. We all know you want a debate.
Speaker 2: Team that I put that one because I was like, they're gonna all know that one. That's fine, I'll give you one, all right, all right, go.
Speaker 7: Ahead, here we go.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: I danced on stage at a concert. I was a ring girl, and then three I fixed Jerry's tie.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm.
Speaker 4: What concert.
Speaker 7: It was? It was a concert summer. I don't remember the band's name. But I was on stage, believe it or not, dancing around, getting the crowd hyped.
Speaker 6: Who is the sponsor? You were as a ring girl?
Speaker 7: Doctor pepper?
Speaker 2: Okay, so again your your three were?
Speaker 3: You were?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You were on stage at a concert? You were a ring girl? All right? Mmmm? You were? Wait what was your question? You can asked her? What was her?
Speaker 4: What was the concert? What was the concert? Who is the artist?
Speaker 2: How old you needed that?
Speaker 7: The concert? Over twenty one?
Speaker 2: That's a big gap over twenty one.
Speaker 7: I don't keep a diary like dates. Long then I was old enough to be at a concert with adults.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, So concert, green girl, green girl? Okay, all right, I got mine?
Speaker 4: All right. You did not get on stage and dance at the concert one.
Speaker 7: Everyone got it wrong.
Speaker 2: So you fixed your sign. You didn't fix your sign. I did not fix Jerry's like something else? Did you fix this?
Speaker 7: I ain't touched Harry.
Speaker 14: I ain't touch I figured see I figured he was on a show with you or something. You were like, hey, like, that's that's why I would get your ring.
Speaker 2: Girl, I know you've done that, But.
Speaker 4: Knowing how your anxiety could be, sometimes I was like, no way. She got on stage at a concert and started dancing, Like, no way, okay, respect, respect, you having a good you.
Speaker 7: Having a well, it was kind of part of the job I was doing that day. Okay, well it was it was like we were doing an event and then all of a sudden they're like, hey, you girls want to come on stage and like dance around or whatever. We're like sure, okay, and here we go. Well we were here we go out there. Yeah, and I was dancing. Believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not, I've seen dancing.
Speaker 15: I don't like kind of crazy clothes. I just kind of thought what they were like crazy kind of outfits, like not a lot of clothes.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, So I just kind of thinking.
Speaker 7: These were all situations that happened last minute, Like the actual ring girl that was supposed to do it, something happened, she didn't show up, and they're like you can you be a ring girl And I'm like, I wasn't prepared for this, but sure, and it was yeah, both of both of those things happened. Things that I would not normally do that happened at the moment, and I felt pressure and then I did it, and I'm like, okay, I can add that to my.
Speaker 8: I can see you on the sideline of the game and like I was like, you're like, you're like.
Speaker 2: Very well done, very well, thank you. You're a good liar exactly. The message from this.
Speaker 7: I'm an actress that was just called it. An actress called improv.
Speaker 2: I was everyone like neither one of them, nobody got mine or.
Speaker 7: End we ended up having a three way tie. Like well, I'm saying, like people who get it right every point. Brian and I got two points, Patrick got bond. But as far as the best.
Speaker 6: Liar, no, you get a sold you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good game, member, really good game. All right, here's we're gonna do. We got this final segment. We're gonna take some We're gonna do something. It is a pig here in the final segment, We'll take final break, We'll be back Dallas Cowboys dot com Radial.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per ho. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 11: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 9: Don't put off getting your oil change, Dallas. Take five Oil change, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. There's no appointment needed and no waiting room.
Speaker 6: Yep, you hurt that correctly.
Speaker 9: Take five is so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take five's fast, friendly and simple service at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 6: The Jack Black Playmaker.
Speaker 12: Is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agen Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports Turf Equipment. United Agon Turf, the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 2: Back to the break Ye.
Speaker 8: The twenty twenty four NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking over Orlando, and the rosters up to you. Cast your ballot for the twenty twenty four Pro Bowl Games. Vote and send your favorite Cowboy players to compete in the Ultimate AFC Versus NFC showdown this February. Vote now at Dallas Cowboys dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Vote Welcome back.
Speaker 5: Final segment of the Break Life from SWBC Mortgage Studios at the star Lets, do some picks.
Speaker 2: Let's pick these games.
Speaker 5: We got about five games here where we do have five games here that I'm going to ask you guys to pick. Tell me who you think is gonna win. All of them have some implications with regards to the Cowboys and whether they will clench this weekend or not. The easiest path to that is them getting a win. But if they don't, these other games will matter as far as them clinching. So let's start first with Philadelphia at Seattle. Who do you think is gonna win that game. You don't have to give me scores on these, you can just pick a one.
Speaker 6: Give me Seattle Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: I think I'll go with Philly. It's hard to see them just go ahead and lose three games in a row now unless they're broken.
Speaker 8: Seattle the perfect team for Philadelphia. They don't know how to finish games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, I'm actually gonna go Seattle as well, just because I think that cross country flight and in that environment, on top of what Philly's already going through, I actually think this could be. And let's remember when we were talking about Seattle, we talked a lot about that secondary ye, and where's Philly struggling right now? Being able to throw the ball consistently. I think it's can be an interesting interesting.
Speaker 4: That offense in Seattle can pass and where does Chilly struggle on defense?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a good matchup for Seattle. I think you're right, Brian. They don't finish games well and Philly does most of the time.
Speaker 8: Ten wins are all with teams that don't finish basically, Yeah, and Seattle is the perfect team for that.
Speaker 5: All right, Tampa Bay at Green Bay.
Speaker 4: Green Bay. I have no faith in the NFC South to do anything any of them. Yeah, no, none of them, Yeah, none of them.
Speaker 5: Green Bay, I say Green Bay as well. All right, Minnesota at Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati, Yeah, Cincinnati, Minnesota's and shambles.
Speaker 7: Uh, I agree, but I keep getting drawn into the Vikings in Minnesota. Give me, give me, I'll go with Vikings.
Speaker 5: What I don't know is if Patrick Peterson's back to playing. If Patrick Peterson's back to playing, I give a slight edge to Minnesota.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: If not, then I'll I'd say Cincinnati, but I don't know. I haven't heard if he's splaying.
Speaker 8: You guys heard that Brownie is playing really well at quarterback for Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of let's say, Patrick Peters. I'm sorry, I was meaning the receiver, Chase Chase Jefferson.
Speaker 6: Yes, Jeffer Jefferson will play.
Speaker 4: But they're in Cincinnati, so there's also that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I honestly, I just don't think without without Burrow.
Speaker 2: I think any weekend Cincinnati is vulnerabilely beaten. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean Minnesota as well, But I just feel like if they get they get the receiver back, I think he'll make enough place for them.
Speaker 6: So it's got too many quarterback questions. Yeah, to go and win this game.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, all right, we'll see New York versus the Giants versus.
Speaker 4: New Orleans Giants. No faith in the NFC South to do anything.
Speaker 2: So you did the five and eight Giants all of a sudden, not all of.
Speaker 4: A sudden, but number one. They are on a three game win streak, so it seems like they're finding some strip behind Tommy DeVito. Their confidence is sky high right now in New York. And back to the previous question and previous statement, I have no faith in the NFC South.
Speaker 7: All right, Giants, let's pull through for the Giants, so they keep that confident going, keep it up for what they faced.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they beat a better team last week in Green Bay, so I don't think they'll have a problem going to New Orleans beat New Orleans.
Speaker 2: I think they get a win.
Speaker 5: All right, final game, obviously, this is the game of the week, Dallas versus Buffalo. Before we make our PickStar, I wanted to get your opinions. Obviously, we talked a little bit about the weather. The forecast right now is a ninety percent chance of rain, so it's going to be a wet game and at times it's going to be a heavy rain, so this could be a really really messy game.
Speaker 2: Twelve mile power wins.
Speaker 5: I've heard that the GUS could be up as high as thirty thirty miles per hour, so win will be also on this issue. I know, Brian, you'd been talking all week about win being a bigger thing for you. How much does that change your expectation of what we will see this weekend based upon the weather.
Speaker 4: Well, and we'll get to my prediction in a second, but when five days out the weather looked, you know, mostly cloudy, but it was moderate wins, sun was peaking, I was like, okay, this could be This is football weather. So the offenses are going to have some some big plays. But weather wind gusts up was thirty, That turns down offenses, That turns down passing the text. So I think you're gonna see much more of just kind of like a good old fashion muddy We'll not muddy because it's turf, but good old fashion just rainy football game. It's gonna be a brawl. Do you want my prediction.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you're gonna give you a prediction.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna turn down from what I said three days ago. Cowboys take this one, still a close win. Field goal adds on to the back in the twenty seven twenty one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is the Cowboys need their offense to travel in this game, and I mean travel in a way that you know, there's you go and beat a quality opponent. This is the thing that gets everybody off their backs about the playoffs and you know, can they win a game on the road, and can they play against a good team, and you know, can they handle all kinds of adversity. This is a huge game for Dallas, huge game for Buffalo. Buffalo needs this game, you know, Dallas. I mean, if you're gonna win the division, you gotta this game. Give me Dallas twenty Buffalo sixteen.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think Buffalo owes me a good memory. You know, all of us, all of us.
Speaker 6: We was at the Anchor Bar that one day, didn't they.
Speaker 2: So I think the place.
Speaker 8: That we went all over the place. We went to seven different places and nobody would let us in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was terrible.
Speaker 6: It was terrible.
Speaker 7: But did we win that game?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: We lost their.
Speaker 8: Strange Kellen Moore's wife traveled on the trip with us. That was the first time I've ever seen that. Like he started the game. Yeah, it was like a sixteen to six game. Everything about that trip was bad. Everything about it bad.
Speaker 7: We can have come off with a better memory of Buffalo. I think the Cowboys win. I do think it's gonna be like a very messy game. But I see the Cowboys winning a close one, probably low score, something around like twenty two, twenty one something. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a really messy game. I actually don't think we've had the opportunity to see Dallas play one time this year in messy conditions. That was Week one, and although the score was what it was, the offense wasn't really clicking that day.
Speaker 2: It was not the offense that we see now. A lot's changed.
Speaker 5: I get that, But I do think a lot of this game will be dictated by the defenses and their ability to take away the ball. Both these teams are really good at taking away the ball. I think there will be some turnovers for both teams, and ultimately I think the Cowboys will come ahead, come out ahead on that turnover battle, and that will be the reason why they win. But I think they win twenty six to seventeen. I don't think all those scores will be offensive, though. I think there will be scores that the defenses or special teams will have in this game. I think the offenses will struggle. Both offenses will struggle at times in this game because of the weather, and I think it'll be a close game, but Cowboys end up with the win. All right, appreciate you guys join us. We'll be on Monday. We'll be back from Buffalo. Hopefully everything will have gone well from the standpoint of and we will get back in one piece and we'll talk about what happened till then. For Patrick Walker, Brian brought us and Amber Garcia. I am Derek Eagleton has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.