Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 2: Hi, rain Drops. We have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: We have a lot to talk about, so we are going to get right into it. I do not want to keep you guys waiting. Okay, as you know, next Monday. Next Monday, Doctor heaven Lee and I will be live in Atlanta, Okay, at the City Winery on February third, at eight o'clock Monday. I'm going live in front of people in Atlanta, Okay, So get your tickets go on the City Winery Atlanta website. The link is also my bio. We're going to have a good time. It's meet Dtor Heavenly. A lot of my friends are going to make surprise appearances, some of your favorites in reality television, so you never know who's going to be in the audience. I got a lot of surprise guests and me and Heavily are going to do a lot. Carlos I was dating someone who had a baby on the way and broken up with his fiance last year November. Okay, we are also going to do a dating segment and relationship segment, So bring all your dating and relationship questions to the show. So again, Doctor Heavenly Carlos King reunited for a live Monday show on February third in Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Get your tickets while you can. They're selling out. It's a good It's gonna be a good show.
Speaker 1: Now, let's break in the man, the myth, the mystery that he is.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's legendary. Ladies, gentlemen, day and gaze my italire fan base of Ray Drops. I just called y'all out. Yes, give it up for Dustin Raw.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Carlos King, what's happening, man, what's happening?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen you in the new year of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: The howers are I know, there's been too damn long.
Speaker 4: Like the old folks say, I need to put my eyes on make sure you're doing all right. You know what I'm saying. I need to put my eyes on you. Now that I have them on you. You look good, Carlos. I like that, that soft blue in your soft nigga era. I love that, Carlos. That's cool, man, that's cool for you. You know what I'm saying. Because we listen, black boy joy, you know what I'm saying. We gotta have that. And sometimes it looks like wearing a nice soft color, you know, just to ease on into the new year and into the new Shenanigans in festivit.
Speaker 3: So I'm happy to be here. What's up with you, Carlos. How you feeling, bro?
Speaker 1: I feel like my name is Margarine because I'm melting like butter. But thank you so much for the compliment.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: That's wonderful. That's wonderful. You look good, dammit. And when you look good, you feel good. That's a real thing I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, so listen, we have so much to get into. This is a jam pack show.
Speaker 1: So guys, Love and Marriage Huntsville season finale aired this past Saturday, so we are going to dive right into it. I know all of you, all of you want to hear exactly what dust Then has to say about it.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to do what Glorilla let him cook.
Speaker 1: But first, let's get right into the mid season trailer of the Real Housewives of Belly Hills. My Dustin, you and I have yet to really talk about this show publicly, and I want to get your thoughts about this season so far before we dive right into the mid season trailer that just dropped.
Speaker 2: And one thing I'll say before you start.
Speaker 1: Baby Suddon is coming for the girls.
Speaker 3: That's Yosemity Sudden.
Speaker 4: She come out with them little gun the little pistols, two pistols Sudden. She comes out guns blazing every time and she always has. That's why we like her, excuse me, and that's why Sudden made that transition from a friend of to a diamond holder and shame moved. Yet she is a full She's a total package when it comes to what works in that housewife's zeitgeist. Right, But this season, you know, hey, I do watch Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: I love Balls.
Speaker 4: I think she's strikingly beautiful and she's just interesting to look at.
Speaker 3: She's a beautiful, beautiful woman.
Speaker 4: When you find out just how accomplished she is and how deeply entrenched in these streets of relevance that she is. Okay, without the damn show, it makes her that much more attractive and that much more desirable for us as viewers. So I'm loving her, love her daughter, love her and her black man. I love what they're bringing to this show. And I love the fact that she makes some motherfuckers take their shoes off when they walk in her home.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to know that.
Speaker 1: I want to know that obviously I'm black, you're black, Black households in black.
Speaker 2: Yes, you take off your shoes. What's funny?
Speaker 1: Is is that a white person thing?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Do white people take their shoes off?
Speaker 1: I want to ask it for my white friends, that question and my white listeners. Let me know on the comments if you guys take your shoes off like we do, or is it a black thing?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what it is, but I'll tell you what. They taking them off in her damn house.
Speaker 3: So I love her.
Speaker 4: I think that Dariy brilliantly hitched her wagon too Bowls. As soon as she came on the scene, dar took one look at her and she knew she had probably researched her and done her DOT before she ended up, you know, on set that day, and she knew that was a smart choice.
Speaker 3: So I like it. I'm enjoying the season.
Speaker 4: Jennifer Tilly has been a bit underwhelming, you know, after they she told us that she owned the damn Simpsons. You know, I was excited to see some more wealth. But she's just been showing up in Hodgepodge, you know, mitchmatch outfits and quirky you know, hair pieces and shit, and she can go. We need some more like style and some more, just some more do we need? Do we need more casting in the lane of bowls on that show?
Speaker 1: We need some Laurence Stantchez, who is dating Well, she've engaged to Jeff Bezos, right, like, yeah, you know, although she lives in Miami. But I agree with your saying Jennifer Tilly was somebody I was thrilled about. Two she is definitely not giving what I thought she would give. I think the decision making was like, she's another Kathy Hilton, and baby, let me tell you Kathy Hill duplicated, replicated, recycled, none of that, right, So I do want to see more for Jennifer Tilly besides the fact that she is wealthy and she has two homes I think next door to each other or something like that.
Speaker 2: Don't show you the wealth.
Speaker 1: But to your point, what we do give a shit about is we want to see the lifestyle. We want to see some great personal story, and we're not getting that.
Speaker 2: So I agree with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, thanks, I thought, gar You know, so as a as a very black person, I have a very soft spot in my heart for garcel Bove aka Fancy. She just means a lie to us, and I love that she has comfortably settled into her shoes on this cast. But sometimes Garsella can come off a bit cold to me, unreasonably, so like I think that Garsella could be more I don't know if it's just a personality thing, and I don't think that she is, you know, taking issue with the ladies, but garsell could be a bit more friendly to me than she is on the show. And I love the fact that she built that home, the beach House. I love the fact that you know, she's killing it as a producer in Hollywood. I just would like to see her lighting up a little bit on this show, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I thought it was hilarious when she told Kyle, if you want to be a lesbian, just be a lesbian.
Speaker 4: I thought that was hilarious because Kyle didn't know what the hell to say when she said that. And as far as the midseason trailer is concerned, it looked like more of the same.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see them in Saint Lucia.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to see Dared have that you know, break hitting moment where she finds out that he wants a divorce and the area they're correlating it with a ten year timeline and the laws in California according to the marriage. That's about to get very interesting and I hate to see it, but it's going to make for interesting television. So I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Well, the thing is that the midseason trailer, the best moment.
Speaker 2: Was suned and you have to profit for profs.
Speaker 1: Do I want to go back to Derek and PK two ladies and man, if you're listening to child whoever, honey my ad bits and you ain't got to take it. Don't ever get married in the state of California.
Speaker 2: If you have a lot of money, let's have a real conversation.
Speaker 1: If you have a lot of money, do not get married in the state of California. Because the laws in California as relates to marriage, it leans more towards the person who may not have the most amount of money going into the marriage.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying that people get married for reasons outside of money. What I will say to you is this, and you gotta believe me, and that's fine. Marriage is a business, Okay. Marriage is the most important business of life. I have a show called Love and Marriage that we'll get into. Marriage is a business. Yes, love is great, and love is a number one word in the Bible that we all should sort of operate out of and use as a vessel for God's glory. Right, So love is great when it comes to the sanctity of marriage, though, it's a business. And when you are married to somebody in the state of California, and if you're married longer than ten years, they're title to have and not even like it's up for a debate, it's automatic at this point. They were entitled to have your money and listen, in some cases, a lot of people who come into the marriage not having as much as their wife or husband. Some of them do a lot to make sure that their wife her husband has the ability to become the best CEO. But when you look at the basis of marriage, it is a business. And I'm sorry. A marriage certificate is a contract. A prenuptial is a contract. I don't have a desire to get married, but that's what I'm saying today. At twenty twenty five, the year, all I will say to you is this Dustin Ross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's be clear, I can meet the love of my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was once with the love of my.
Speaker 1: Life, right, and the one conversation here, and I had all the Tayson tea and me, me, he and all together for.
Speaker 3: A lot all time, very long time. Yes.
Speaker 1: When when he met me, I was working in retail and he had a six figure job.
Speaker 2: Let's have a conversation for my peoples.
Speaker 1: The moment I started making money and the and the finances shifted a bit, right, shifted. The dynamic shifted, and I'm going to go talk about the finances of it. We'll do another episode about the dynamic of character. That's a whole other conversation. I'm gonna take you off the truth about what happens in a relationship. And the person who comes in asked, well, Lollo calls the brokey. What happens when the brokey.
Speaker 3: Ends up to me? You know?
Speaker 1: But we'll talk about that later. Now, let's take the let's take the topic I hand.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I remember saying to him, you know, if we ever got married, I would want to out of prenup.
Speaker 3: Okay? Did he contested? Resistant?
Speaker 1: He looked at me, rolled his eyes and said, I will never sign a prenup.
Speaker 3: And got.
Speaker 2: It stuck with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, like glue on a loosely paper in third grade, Elmer with me, Elmer, honey, the con on your skin.
Speaker 3: With the orange top.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and your mama is mad at you. You go home because you look crazy and you look a little bit grew that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's stuff like that. Damn.
Speaker 4: You know, that's one of those things that a person can say to you that it just gets ingrained into your memory because of the ramifications of it.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a huge declaration to make, and it.
Speaker 4: Defies a lot of concerns and natural, you know, questions that you may have.
Speaker 3: So I get it.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't forget that either, but I also ain't mad, you know. I look, I see both sid. Let's have yoursation. You got to stand on it ultimately, let's be real. If yah, and this to all the rain jobs who want this to happen.
Speaker 1: Let's say you and I were in a relationship, and when I met you, I was I was working in retail on Fifth Avenue, New York City, okay, And I was making eight dollars and fifty cents an hour, and I was happy.
Speaker 2: And I was an intern a nine at eleven A Live.
Speaker 1: I was an intern. I was an intern at be Et and he was making six figures. And he will always look at me like, my baby's so broke and got no money, but he happy.
Speaker 2: He will always say to me, like, you're really happy you you you have.
Speaker 1: No money though, And I was like, that's okay because I'm working towards something and I'm gonna be somebody someday and it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: But you can't take with my happiness right and then and then it shifted.
Speaker 1: If that was you and I, and I say to you, fifteen years into the relationship, that look, if we get married. I do want you to sign a prenup, but I will also make sure you're taken care of.
Speaker 4: What would you say, Well, first of all, I'm not going to be in a relationship with any sort of intention other than being secure and loving my partner. So the combination of those looks like a healthy negotiation process. I would definitely be open to it because I would have me some shit to protect too. So you know what I'm saying. If that's what makes us both feel comfortable, and we're both in this for the right reasons, then let's click our big You know what I'm saying. I don't understand what the problem is. You know, if you you know, hey, yeah, sign it out in line. I ain't got nothing to high. But again, that's coming from a person who had who would have had their own assets to protect, you know, And you have to consider the relationship you fifteen years in. There's a trust level that has been and earned at that point where you can negotiate a prenup that will make you feel safe and me feel protected, and you feel protected and also me feel safe when it came to my shit.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. So I think it's fair, and that's called being mature.
Speaker 4: So but again, you know, sometimes people you just are different stations in life, and certain people just have different agendas. But all that can be cleared up very quickly and sufficiently through clear communication and just looking at him off. You know when you're being used, You know when a person is out for monetary gain or being connected to you and your relationships. You know that, especially when you've been good for a long time.
Speaker 2: So yes, yes, and for the record, I know for a fact he was not with me for my money.
Speaker 1: And I'll say for that, well, not not to you have to send to the audience, like I know for a fact that wasn't his gist. But I also thinks what you said. I think in his mind he probably thought like, uh uh where you Yeah you have, Yeah, I remember, let's figure this out. Let's thinking I remember everything and I know so I can get it.
Speaker 3: You know, I get it.
Speaker 1: So to my audience, okay, have the prenup conversation on date two, you said day five, No.
Speaker 4: I said, my hands are up. I'm in hands are up, and it means okay, minute five, as far as I'm.
Speaker 3: Minute five.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the thing that so speaking of prenups. Obviously, Sutton didn't I sign one. Something gets And I'm only saying this because she said it, because I don't tell people's business. Something gets three hundred and fifty thousand dollars a month, a month for the rest of her life.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: In the in the mid season trailer, she did talk about the fact that somebody asked, I think it was Erica, do you think you're bigger than Drey And she said her wallet is.
Speaker 3: I got up.
Speaker 4: I was on my feet, yup, yup, yup, Yes Lord, for the rest of our days on the real house prospectively Hill, that's what she hears every time that wire hits her account. She hears that gospel song, Yes Lord for a little rest of our days, because that's how long is she getting that money. And that's why she was a heavy hitter verbally like that and said that wallet is My wallet is what the fuck?
Speaker 3: What are you? What are you supposed to say to that? What can you say to that? Nothing?
Speaker 4: So listen when that's the conversation that you're having, it just is what it is. My wallet is bigger. Now listen, let's have real conversation.
Speaker 3: Child.
Speaker 2: We are just getting started.
Speaker 1: With the new year comes a chance to reimagine ourselves for the better. But most importantly, baby, our closets are clothes and how we feel. That's why this year I'm resolving to refresh my look with quality pieces and stay on budget, because you know, we got to stay on budget in this economy. Right Therefore, I think everyone needs Quinces Mongolian cashmere sweaters that only cost sixty dollars. And the gag is there's no better workout motivation than some new active wear. Their performance teas and tech shorts are perfect for any movement, whether you're walking, you're doing.
Speaker 2: Workouts, some squats. These are perfect for those.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter how you choose to wear them yourself this year, or how you choose to refresh yourself this year either. All Quints pieces are pricedly fifty to eighty percent less than similar brands, so you're already getting an amazing deal.
Speaker 2: They're able to do that.
Speaker 1: By partnering directly with top factories, cutting the costs of the middleman and passing the savings onto you. Quin's only works for the factories that use safe, ethical and responsible manufacturing practices, and of course they use premium fabrics and finishes for that luxury feel in every single piece. Okay, I've got a pair of these amazing sweatpants and when I say to you, it feels so good on my body. It's very comfortable. I get to work out with them, and I'll also get to run errands with them too. So these pieces are not only affordable, they also feel.
Speaker 2: Very, very very good.
Speaker 1: So rain Drops upgrade your closet this year. Without the upgraded price tag. Go to quins dot com, slash king, KI ANDNG for three hundred and sixty five day returns plus free shipping on your order. That's que you I n ce dot com slash King k I n G to get free shipping in three hundred and sixty five day returns Quins dot com slash King. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. My wallet is bigger now, listen, let's have a real conversation. I think Sutton is a fantastic housewife in addition.
Speaker 2: To the show. Sutton, to me, this is who I need something to.
Speaker 1: Be for the for in your point, for the rest of her days as a housewife, because don't puss the foot around the fact that you are that girl, and you you believe, you believe inherently you are that girl. And I said this my podcast a week or two ago, and you know, the girl like to read me. I'm wrong, I said, for a fact of me just having common sense. Now, when Sutton looks at Dere, Dere is the personification of the song broken Ballado and sut and does not see it for Dreed. Sheoul does not see it for the tracks in her hair, the clip INDs should not see it for the alleged rental outfits. She does not see it for Dreed. And I feel like sing is slowly telling us how she feels about Drey, and I like honesty. If that's honestly how you feel, then let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: All is bigger. It's such a strong, loud.
Speaker 1: Statement of her telling her I have more money than all of you girls combined. And I can go shopping six months straight and spend every three hundred and fifty thousand dollars and I will still have more money than y'all when this show's over with.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a very targeted hit, right because it's no secret that Derey, in her strange says, Be and PK have had monetary financial issues. You know, there's been all sorts of rumblings about homes and all kinds of shit that's been going on with them financially. Sutton is aware of that. She knows exactly where to aim. And that's what she did with that comment about that wilet and Dereit is materialistic and she loves things and having access to them and having money and lifestyle and boy George is boy George, you know all that shit, So like that was a hit. She felt that, she felt that, and Derey hates Suddon's guts.
Speaker 3: Do you hear me? She cannot stand sudden. She couldn't wait. She called her ugly.
Speaker 4: The other day, she was doing an interview and she was talking about how Sutton had said that Dey had some sort of plastic surgery. Anybody can be pretty with plastic surgery or something, and Dey was like, and I thought to myself, well, why hasn't something gotten it? I was like, yo, like you just literally called this woman unattractive. So like that they don't like each other and they make for great spying partners. So I wish that would just actually like go to go to a bar or restaurant off camera and say, listen, I can't stand you, and I know you can't stand me, So let's just joust for the rest of our time Initihow you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, We understand what's going on.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, like living in the fullness of not being able to stand you because I can't stand you. I wish they would just do that because it makes her great TV, because Kyle's not a fair partner for dury Dry been kind of mowing her down all season long, moaning Moyer, I'm riding one more too, because she been backing up and driving it with one hand over Kyle all damn season. So she needs somebody that'll tell her my wallet is, you know, and look her dead in the face with no veins popping.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I enjoy it, Okay.
Speaker 1: So last thing is I want to get into Mauricio apologizing to Kyle on hurting her. There's been rumors ever since I want to say, season two, perhaps or three, that Mauricio has allegedly cheated on Kyle. It's been a topic of conversation on the show for many men and many seasons. Kyle always denied it, even this season, you know, a few episodes ago, and even told Kyle to her faith again. I'm loving something this season. Let's be very clear. I love honesty and directness. She tells Kyle to her face, Well, don't forget about the infidelity that you guys experience.
Speaker 2: And Kyle was pretty much like, well that you told you that. I gotta tell you that.
Speaker 1: So when we see Mauricio apologize to Kyle for hurting her, do you think we are finally going to get any admission from Mauricio that he did step out on Kyle.
Speaker 3: I think we've already gotten that, right.
Speaker 4: I think there have been enough conversation alluding to that between himself and Kyle on camera.
Speaker 3: I think there have been so many. We saw.
Speaker 4: Hell, it was pictures of him and Anita, the singer. I love Anita's music, by the way, but they were all.
Speaker 3: In asking, dancing on tables and poring champagne all over each other, and shit, it's obvious. And let's not act like Kyle.
Speaker 4: Line been running around with her hand in Morgan's the back of Morgan's jeans. You know how at the Amusing Park the couples have one hand and the other one's ass pocket on the jeans and they walk down to me away like that, use the other hand to get a funnel cacker soup. That's that's what Morgan and Kyle been doing all this time. So I don't even think that it's an issue of the infidelity taking place. I just think it's a nice gentle moment where Mauricio is kind of taking one for the team and just showing some grace, you know what I mean, and apologizing just to like move things forward.
Speaker 3: But you know that's what they doing. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: A new way of sicking Beyonce's Levi's jeans completely jeans Morgan. It's kind of look alike low Keith. So listen. One thing that I want to make sure is that everyone knows that Kyle is my favorite housewife and I love you some, Kyle.
Speaker 1: I do think this dangling of the carriage of Morgan and the cheating allegations it needs to be addressed hit on or I just don't know how my girl Kyle is going to fair moving on this season.
Speaker 2: Because one thing about the audience, and this is a real conversation.
Speaker 1: Reality TV viewers, they want the truth and if they feel like, as a reality star, you're not being authentic in your truth.
Speaker 2: You lost them. You lost them.
Speaker 1: And my hope for Kyle and her team is to really make sure that if she hasn't done this season, that she goes into the reunion because what we can't have again Dustin, And this is me just being on what the audience is not going to buy anymore. Is her not addressing Mauricio's chilling allegations by saying yes or no he didn't do it, or what's going on with the Morgan and whether or not they're in a relationship. If she goes to this upcoming reunion without answering those questions, I love Kyle. I'm just being honest and this is me speaking as a producer. The audience is not going to mess with you. And once you lose as a reality star, once you lose the audience, it takes a lot of work to get them back. And I'm just concerned about what the conversations are lack their up.
Speaker 3: Is going to be. Hopefully Kyle steps into it.
Speaker 4: We all pretty much know what's going on, right and we're just waiting on her sexuality is a very, very broad and unique spectrum of stations to occupy.
Speaker 3: And I think that Kyle just needs to say, hey, I hate her out, just say it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Her?
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, yes, I was dating her. We're figuring it out, you know what I mean. And I don't know if I want to keep dating women, But yes, Morgan and Hour together, that's called leadership. Kyle is the longest running housewife in Bravo right now. Nobody's been on their show longer than her. I think that she needs to kind of take ownership in that and run the damn show. You want to be Kyle first chair Richards, you know what I'm saying, and run this ship, then run it. Stand in your shit, Kyle, and I think this reunion is a great time for her to do that and make sure she's looking good when she does it. Like Cash Doll said, you better look good when you're doing it. So that's that's what I think.
Speaker 2: Yes, ye, shut off the cast out Detroit behind the one.
Speaker 4: And only we love Cash Dot. Yes, but that's what I think. Standing in and be the anchor.
Speaker 3: Of her show like she has professed herself to be, that's part of that package.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, no, alright, fifteen. I want to get into the Royal House spots of Potomac.
Speaker 1: And I already know this is a very unpopular opinion, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: I'm entitled to it, Guys.
Speaker 1: I don't say things because y'all want me to. I don't say things that I don't agree with. I have an opinion.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's popular, sometimes it isn't.
Speaker 1: And I already know before I opened up my mouth that this is going to be a very unpopular opinion.
Speaker 2: I'm not biased.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is me as a viewer, and this is me as a producer. And I'm gonna say this, and we Dustin and I are going.
Speaker 2: To talk about it. Okay.
Speaker 1: I really do love Mia, and I'm want to tell you all why Mia, in my opinion, is the only person giving us some some some some some personal story. And and I'm gonna say it. And that's not me offending any of the girls. I love all the girls. I love all the girls MIA's personal story. Whether or not you guys like it, I think it's gross, think it's inappropriate, I think.
Speaker 2: It's not for TV.
Speaker 1: That's all good things to feel when you're watching a TV show, right right, And I am happy that I, you know, have a show where people really have strong opinions. That's when I don't take anything personally when they try to read my cast or me.
Speaker 2: I only don't like it when other things happen, right, like leave that alone. Now, I want to judge us, judge us, well, judge them because they're on TV job, but you get on. It's okay to be judged. When it comes to Mia.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the fact that she is giving us what is her reality? I think in real life this I think, in real life, Mia is a mixed bag of tricks. And when I say that, what I mean is me in real life if there was no camera. I think mea somebody who lives in the moment, and she says things in a moment, and she begets what she says, and she behaves accordingly, right, and I understand why the audience is having a hard time grasping to what's real or not. I did coin the phrase Mia b Lyon for a reason, so I'm telling you all, I get it. What I'm saying, though, is she's a fascinating, polarizing character that I can't stop watching. And this is me just being completely Honest, I don't know what this season would have been without Mia. She's the only thing worth talking about in terms of someone's isolated that personal story.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, I'm enjoying Mia for those reasons. Ah Do I agree with everything Mia says?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I call her Mia b lyon lying. But it's what makes her fascinating to.
Speaker 1: Watch because I don't ever know what I'm going to get, and I think that's why she's great.
Speaker 2: For the shop.
Speaker 3: Okay, so here's why she pisses me off.
Speaker 4: Right, It's just like them stupid ass skits that people do on Instagram and TikTok, where you don't you watching it for five seconds and then you'd be like.
Speaker 3: That's a fucking skit. Damn.
Speaker 4: Like you know, you feel let down, like somebody just literally took the chair out from underneath it you and you hit the damn floor.
Speaker 3: That's the way me as antics make me feel. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Questions of paternity, a divorce with someone who is emotionally volatile and willing to show their ass on camera because Gordon is a willing participant in the Shenanigans, right, all that stuff makes her fascinating television. Think about let's her winding back to season three of her Housewives of Atlanta, which is pretty much the blueprint for what marks to hit when it comes to a reality showing and the authenticity of emotional moments. Right, Think about when Nannie and Greg had that conversation and she told him I have stood by you while you did me wrong in this marriage. Think about the authenticity and the realness and that, and then think about this universe soul circus ass sideshow that Mia and Gordon are shoving in our faces every five minutes with these ups and downs. She just carried her ass on Watch What Happens Live and got eight alive by Quad on Sunday when she was given these horrible answers that I sure would have popped my balloon on.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying talking about, Oh, well, well I gotta.
Speaker 4: You get mad at ink and then you go to the internet and say, well, me and inc I broke up and me and Gordon are working it out.
Speaker 3: I'm focusing on Gordon and my children.
Speaker 4: Only to go on Watch What Happens Live and say, well, I'm not trying to talk about Gordon, but you know, I need to get a divorcee, and then me and inc will get back to Goll.
Speaker 3: He's going to be there forever.
Speaker 4: It's all over the place, and I'm fine with the Shenanigans, but it's got to be something real that we.
Speaker 3: Can hold on to and follow and believe as viewers.
Speaker 4: If I wanted to watch all that, I would watch it on other platforms like I do when I watch stuff that I don't need to give a damn about the personal story about. But Mia all she does. You're right, You're actually one hundred percent right. She does give us this personal sum some personal story. She gives it to us, but then she abandons it. She never sticks to it and stayed in the story. She abandons it, and then it's exposed as fodder. The way Karen came in at the way Ray that that volley, the way that Karen Ray and Jaselle where the Harlem motherfucking globe trotters and dribbled that ball through their legs of information with about Gordon having that baby paternity tested already, and Ray volleyed it to Karen, Karen passed it to gasel Boom.
Speaker 3: They got me a right there.
Speaker 4: At that event and what in me to do start going nasty, trying to say the worst things we bring up Internet rumors and accusations. And when we all when we are already have no being able to connect to you in an authentic way, it makes you slinging that sort of mud like that. It makes it even nastier, and so it disconnects us from her even further.
Speaker 3: Let's not even get on you know what I'm saying. The blonde.
Speaker 4: She's such a beautiful woman, and when she has black hair, she looks so good on Watch What Happens Live, But she has made us sit through this whole season looking at that wheat blonde that we're tired of. So it's just a lot of things working against her. Furthermore, she has the most beautiful children, Jeremiah and what's the little juju?
Speaker 3: Juliana, that little girl. Her and Gordon's children are beautiful.
Speaker 4: I want to see them babies laughing and thriving like they normally are when she shows them on camera, you know, making cookies and shit. I don't want to see your daughter telling her don't marry mister Ink because we don't like all that, you know, we want them kids to be stable and it'd be different if me it was like, Hey, Gordon's crazy, I gotta get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: He's trying to ruin my life and stayed with that. But you keep checking in and checking out, taking pictures by the pool, posting shit on Instagram, putting your elbowing ink shoulder, you doing all that stuff. Like we just we're tired of it. I know I am.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna speak for myself. I'm tired of it. So that's the disconnect for me when it comes to me. In addition to the way she did Wendy, Wendy wasn't necessarily my favorite, but I don't like how she did Wendy in season seven, was that.
Speaker 3: When they got got into it done at by one in Miami.
Speaker 4: You know, Me has done a lot, and she's always willing to be contrariant just for the sake of people like that get on my damn nerves. So that's where I'm at with the Mia thing. But is she a formidable and willing participant on that cast? And do I recognize her value to the cast from a producer's lens one hundred percent? And I agree with you, you gotta have something to play with you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean? But I just think sometimes she played a little too damn much.
Speaker 1: So what do you think NA needs to do to win the audience? And listen when I say this, I want to be very clear. I don't think any reality starts should try to be something they're not to win the audience, because the audience they're very smart and make a spot of a fake, like a spot of you know, somebody who's acting on camera. They're very smart. So I'm not saying what she should do in terms of like performing wise, but what should she do in terms of the audience trusting that what she's giving us is palpable as truth? Because and and again I think the I think the advantage right, So I want to also say this. I think the advantage that I have too is the fact that I was able to sit in front of.
Speaker 3: Her and talk to her. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could feel it when she came in. She came in like a stallion.
Speaker 1: She came in with a two piece leopard outfit, and she had the blonde hair, and she had you know, these high heels, and she was lost. She was a damnsel in distress and I remember thinking to myself, this is really who you are.
Speaker 2: And then when we.
Speaker 1: Sat down and she talked about her background, her childhood, I was like, I get you.
Speaker 2: And then when I said, Mia, but you be lying? I called you and be Lia. She said, no, it's Mia. Don't be remembering Mia be forgigging.
Speaker 3: And guess what that was a lie?
Speaker 2: That was a lie.
Speaker 3: So that's my thing with her. Right.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something all Miya has to do. Carlos King, Okay, you asked what Mia needs to do. I'm gonna tell you what Mia needs to do. Lean into the reality. Just like you said you follow the reality. Lean into the reality. You're a beautiful woman who is witty and funny. Be funny, have an opinion about everything that's going on with your cast.
Speaker 3: Made show the art. Let your personal story be you rebuilding your life.
Speaker 4: You came on to this cast as this serial entrepreneur, with these multiple franchises of the joint Chiropractic. Show us what it looks like for you to sit down at a desk and say, I'm going to put my life together because I have what it takes and I'm going to use my skills as an entrepreneur to build something right now, let us see you find the money, put this business together and really believe in it. Let us see you making sure that your kids are fortified while you still cracking jokes and talking shit about what's going on with the other ladies.
Speaker 3: But let your personal story be authentic. That's what you have to do.
Speaker 4: And once you do that, me it would be she could literally be the premiere housewife because right now Wendy's running that show.
Speaker 3: Wendy is running Potonac right now, she is Karen. Karen sat is really not up for grabs.
Speaker 4: But Karen did herself a terrible disservice by distancing herself from what she knew we were going to see when that body cam footage came out.
Speaker 3: I love Karen, and she's Karen fuck and she is the real Housewives of Potomac.
Speaker 4: But there was a very different way to do that situation where gotten a dui, And what she did was allow Wendy and her intact family and her best looking days of her life right and her smart children and her personal story all of that. She let all that kind of go right in front of her to where Witney's having the best season she's ever had since she been on the show. Wendy been laughing. She ain't arguing, She just showing up in her looks. Everything is a three D like a flower.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: She looks go beautiful, skin like she's beautiful, and she's allowing that to just go right into the forefront. You see Wendy's personal story authentic. That family making up at that birthday party. We knew about it because it had been a consistent story for years.
Speaker 3: We knew it was real.
Speaker 4: We were happy to see them coming to Jesus and talking to each other. That's the difference with me and me. It just keep throwing shit, keeps on, just keeps throwing it on the water to see what's gonna stick.
Speaker 1: So, okay, now, one thing you and I would agree on is doctor Wendy. I am a doctor, Wendy stand. Call me a patient, call me a client, call me a customer.
Speaker 2: I love doctor Wendy. I said this, stir before it. I'll say it again.
Speaker 1: I got a chance to meet her face to face finally a few months ago, Dustin Ross, I was so and it's funny because I said this her comments and she said, Carl, she said to her fans.
Speaker 2: Carlos is not lying. He said that to me verbatim.
Speaker 1: I met doctor Wendy for the first time in November, and she is this tall, statuesque, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Woman, educated woman.
Speaker 2: Her chocolate skin is literally go dive of chocolate. Okay, she is one of the most beautiful women on Bravo. And I looked at her, and I know she was like, why is he staring at me?
Speaker 3: Child?
Speaker 1: I kept staring at her, she said, Carlos, and she's very shod.
Speaker 2: And she, by the way, doctor Wendy shot that was a surprise. She's very shod. And she said, why are you staring at me, Carlos? And I said, you playing?
Speaker 3: You playing you? You really are like.
Speaker 1: A ten out of a ten, and you play too much. You need to be owning that more on the show.
Speaker 2: We don't see. We don't see you owning that. Yes, the four degrees, we get that.
Speaker 1: But like you are a battie, you are bad chick, you are smart, you are gorgeous, You're manify. Somebody told me, they said, Carlos, you think she found a person, Wait till you meet Eddie.
Speaker 2: They said, hey, he even find her.
Speaker 3: And they're.
Speaker 2: They're gorgeous, and I agree with you, doctor Wendy. And I said this to somebody a few seasons ago.
Speaker 1: I said, I don't know why doctor Wendy is playing herself so small, because she has everything in her to be a force multiply on the show that doctor Wendy is somebody. And I agree with you one thousand percent on this about doctor Wendy. Doctor Wendy has the ability to take over and in my opinion, and y'all could y'all gotta agree with me. I think a doctor Wendy Mia, you know what I'm saying, in terms of like positioning them up a little bit higher, I think it could be a win win.
Speaker 2: That's me personally, But I see that right.
Speaker 1: I think I would love to see, you know, I would love to see I would love to see doctor Wendy and Mia have first chair and just give us. I think, because the one thing about doctor Wendy she clocks tea and she's smart. So when Mia be lying, Mia be forgetting, Mia, don't be remembering whatever my GIRMYA said.
Speaker 2: I would love for doctor Miya, not doctor Viyah. Doctor Lindy. Mia, You're not a doctor.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry you not go and tell people you are a PhD media Chad, because I'll be you live about that.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 5: But I love you, Mam and Miya, but I would love to see doctor Wendy and Mia just be that.
Speaker 1: And I agree with you one thousand percent. So we decided to agree on that. Okay, now, all right, doesn't I love you.
Speaker 2: I love y'all, love you. Thank you so much for everything that.
Speaker 1: You present to this recaprugs all right, So look next Monday, I obviously have my live show with Doctor Hemily Monday February third at the City Winery in Atlanta, So make sure we are getting the tickets ready together, okay, and we're gonna have a fun show. But we also will recap Love and Marriage Countspil Part Warm Reunion, so I can't wait for you. Got to see that, okay, all right, so get your tickets City Winery. I love you guys, okay, and I'll see y'all the next one.
Speaker 2: Bye. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Visit Reality Withtheking dot com. And be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby my expressions yet and don't forget tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Ring Entertainment, Baby
Speaker 5: M