Speaker 1: The regular season is a wrap.
Speaker 2: The NBA Playoffs are finally here, and there's no better way to cash in on the high flight hoops action than Prize Picks, a preferred partner of the NBA. Every bucket, every dive, every win means more when you're playing on Prize Picks, So don't pass up the next shot with Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. Do it live in the twenty twenty six NBA Finals sweep Stakes. Alert pick live squares during the NBA Playoffs and you could win a trip for two to the NBA Finals. To enter, just make a five dollars lineup with at least one live NBA player pick during any part of the twenty twenty six NBA Playoffs. Live player picks are picks made after the game is already in progress. Prize Picks is simple to play. You know the playoff season. I'm all in on LA as always, Okay, See, baby Lebron is gonna light you up more and more and more. Get on the action that. Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida and Georgia. Download the Prize Pick app today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's Cold Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. Prize Picks a third partner of the NBA. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 1: Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite unt, my partner and co host Deliberty City Legend the Bengal Ring of Fame honoree.
Speaker 1: A former pro bowler and an All Pro.
Speaker 2: That is Chad o Cho Senko Johnson and the third member of the Big Three. He's a seven time NBA All Star from the Atlanta Hawks, University of Arkansas Lung that is Iso Joe Johnson and our special guest tonight. He's a one time Olympian. He's a seventy fifth Anniversary All NBA Team. He's a former Defensive Player of the Year and a perennial All Star. Here you is, Ladies, Gentlemen, GP, the Glove himself, Gary Payton GP.
Speaker 1: What to Do what is it? Man?
Speaker 2: What's up shining? And then you go, you're gonna short me down off of one of my Olympics Man, I had ninety six. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button, Please make sure you hit the like button to do it's a favorite ods ears and your word of mouth, because none of this is possible without you. So again, thank you for your support and you'll continue support. Those looking to purchase a bottle of shave by Laportier, head over to La Portier Kanjak dot com if it's currently unavailable in a state or sitting near you. Remember end of the premium VSLP Kanyak that drinks more like an x O. Try compared against other Kanyacts you may have tried or looking to try, and you'll see we have the best tasting, smoothest Kanyact on the market. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Well, guys, the Lakers put up a value effort. They score thirty nine points in the third quarter to give them a four point lead heading into the four quarter. But it wasn't enough to turnovers deal a man tonight. Far too many careless turnovers. But they played a value game, and I think about it. You had three guys in mid twenties and you still couldn't get it done. That's a very good team, uh A. J Mitchell, Oh my goodness, he is sen sate to watch him up close. Guys, Look, you gotta think about this. When Shaye went to the bench that started the second quarter, they have the Lakers had a five point lead.
Speaker 1: When he came back in the game, they were up nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that is the difference because that is what they can do that very few teams can do that.
Speaker 1: When their best player goes to the.
Speaker 2: Beach a lead, they eat that up and if they got the lead, they'll extend the lead. If they're behind, they'll come and get the lead. And he comes back in the game, and shait did they did what to do? But think all the bitch shots that they hit down the stretch. McCain, Big three after big three, j Mitchell, the and one.
Speaker 1: It was just it was just too much for them to overcome.
Speaker 2: Joe, what did What did you like most about what you saw from the OKC thunder Because a lot of teams might with a panics say, look we got three in the back, let's go back home and close this thing out. But they say, nah, we want to go and finish this thing up the right way to do it tonight. Man, Listen, hey, as we all know, man, you know, champions prevailed.
Speaker 1: Bro, you know they found ways to win. I agree with you, uh.
Speaker 2: I think the aj Mitchell kid, I don't know where he came from, gp Ocho, I don't know where he.
Speaker 1: Came from, but he fit. He fit perfectly. You know.
Speaker 2: When I watch him play, it's more how decisive he is when he's out there, like he don't have no indecision on what it is he's trying to do.
Speaker 1: He get right to it.
Speaker 2: Bro. It's like, look, I know the game plan. Yeah we got j dub baut who's an All Star. Oh well, I'm gonna step right in fit. I fit like a glove.
Speaker 1: You feel me?
Speaker 2: And I think the Lakers played is as great as they can play. I mean, they had three guys with twenty and high efficiency. I'm like, damn, they may have a chance to win. But okay, see just got too much. Bro. They got closed, they got defenders, they played great team defense, and everybody on their team know they roll. Man.
Speaker 1: They're a true champion, true champion. Ojoe JP's going to take it away. What your talking? What did you see in this game?
Speaker 2: I'm yeah, well, well, you know what, Shannon, I think the turnovers beat him really tough. I mean, when they had when they got key stops, even though Oklahoma made big shots, even when they had had big time stops, they turned the basketball over on unnecessary situations. And against the basketball team like Oklahoma, you cannot turn the ball over because they're gonna capitalize because they are a great half court team, and that's what it was. I just thought they turned the ball over just even though even when at the end of the game when it was one seven to one, o nine, Lebron gets a big time stop, get a rebound, and he turns the basketball over him.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, You can't do that.
Speaker 2: And then they come right back and then what they do They hit a three and five, So you can't you can't do that in this situation. I think the Lakers lost this game on their own. But you gotta understand Oklahoma City, they got eight deep. We haven't even talked about the boy Wallace. The boy Wallace is a key key agreeent to this too. The boy Mitchell comes up. But you go nine and ten deep on his Oklahoma team and the way they play aggressive.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's hard to beat this basketball team. Man.
Speaker 2: You're you're absolutely right. You're absolutely right, guys, and you think about it. Chat, I think Chat had maybe like two points, maybe four points without one quarter, and he ends up with like sixteen seventeen points. Uh, Shae with Shae started getting to the free throw line, hit big shots. But I just think the thing is is that it's just so hard because I know JJ wanted to play Kenard and Austin Reeves together, but the problem is is that they're gonna sit the pick and one of those guys is gonna have to start Shay one on one and he's gonna eat every single time.
Speaker 1: Go ahead or yeah, now, I won't tell you.
Speaker 3: Obviously, most of the people watching the game, especially you guys, you knew how the result would be. In order for the Lakers to win this game, UNC Joe and Gary and g P, the Lakers would have had to be perfect. They would have had to damn near be perfect. And obviously the turnovers that that was their achilles hells night. Obviously, defensively they got beat a few times. They had no answer for Mitchell. Hell, they had no answer for God Damn Shay as well. But obviously no one's had answer for Shay. But what what Mitchell has been able to do and and and and coming through and clutch moments and and and being a resurgence that that we that we didn't even see, you know before, Like this has been phenomenal. I thought, you know, for your sake, being that you went to the game and and I know it was a pretty penny I was hoping they could pull this game out. Uh it would have been a good one for you too to be able to watch them. But uh, it was unbelievable. It was unbelievable. I mean, goddamn Oklahoma City Thunder are so strong and really have no weaknesses offensively, defensively, in transition, on the glass, on the boy.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's really no answer to really.
Speaker 3: Stop these individuals, because not only are they not only just starting five daily, they can go to the bench and give you whatever you need when it starts when the starters are out as well.
Speaker 1: Listen, guys watching them mozos.
Speaker 2: Not one time that I ever think somebody took a bad shot. They get whatever they don't they don't. They don't take bad shots. They're never in a hurry. Yes, if they can get a chance to get out in transition, they get out in transition. But you know what it is. They're fast, but they're never in a hurry. But didn't understand what I'm saying. But you know what cha The reason that is is that Shane gets whatever he wants when he gets there. And once it's that mid range game going, a lot of people are now focused on him, and then the other guys just sit where they got to sit.
Speaker 1: You may see Chad, he always around the backs.
Speaker 2: They throw up lobs, they throw there, and then the other guys sit there in their comfort zone and just shoot their shots and make but buckets. And that's why they don't speed up, because he has the ball in control. I think sometime to get them out of their their situation, I think, you gotta you just gotta double double shank sometimes get the basketball out of his hand and then see what everybody else does. I would do that more to make it, understand it, because I can't beat them with him having thirty five and everybody else having something else. If I can get him to have fourteen sixteen and everybody else around has to have a big, big time game, and the Lakers couldn't do that because they don't have anybody to guard it.
Speaker 1: I would have doubled them. I just got the ball out.
Speaker 2: Of his hands because pressure ain't pretty well and he would have denied him the basketball.
Speaker 1: But they just didn't do that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, I think when you think about it, when you look at the Lakers, Bro, it seemed like, yeah, yeah, these guys shot high percentages from the field tonight. They I mean, it's probably the best game they play. But it seems it always seemed like it's hard for them to come by buckets.
Speaker 1: You know, they always gotta make tough shots.
Speaker 2: It seemed as soon as they make a tough shot, Hell, OKC come down and score so easy. Because Shay and Mitchell they great in isolation, Bro, They're great and using their body, They're great and using them bumps to create a little space just to get their jumpers off.
Speaker 1: They never had a rush, Bro.
Speaker 2: They have an understanding on the spots that they're trying to get to, and you can't stop them from getting them spots if you don't double team. Hell, this is what you're gonna have to deal with. And I just think the Lakers as great as they played the night. Hey, you get with eighteen from Jackson Hayes, you probably aint gonna never get that again.
Speaker 1: Six for eight.
Speaker 2: I thought it was perfect for him to win the game. But the last three minutes, the back and forth, Oh my god, you're talking about basketball at its highest level. But I knew they couldn't stop Okac. Bro, it don't matter, you know what I mean? Ar making tough buckets, Broun making tough buckets, and GP you spoke on another you know you spoke on another thing earlier. It's the damn curless ass turnos that they have lead to points. Bro, I'm talking about in crucial, crucial times of the game, under two minutes, three minutes. Man, you got to value the basketball against his OKC team because this is how this is how they thrive. You know, their defense creates offense. Hell, they already got great offensive guys. The defense creates offense too, too much of a juggernaut. Hell, we ain't think the Lakers gonna win this series, but we thought they and Joe you've seen it too, Oklahoma, Like you said, make shots, you know what, And they make crucial shots. And see you remember when Lebron went in there was fast and missing that little that little runner and stuff like that. He's got to go get into somebody's body and get the free throw line, you know, in a situation like that, get to his body, get a free throw again.
Speaker 1: See what happens.
Speaker 2: But you know, okay, See they go there, Shae gets in his bag and then next thing you know, he makes a.
Speaker 1: Great pass and it was great. Look what Chad did when he was down there. He pumped fake, pump fake, went up.
Speaker 2: Well, they thought he traveling and he dumped the basketball on a crucial time of the game, and they go up one. See that that's the difference between them two teams. Oh yeah, you and the thing else the GP you said, the problem that they had tonight that even when they doubled and got the ball out of Shae hands.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mitchell hit a three. Cain hit the three.
Speaker 2: And what they do is that they play high low with the big so they trapped Shape. He throws it to, he throws it at Hartenstein to Hartenstein, takes one driller, he throws the larva and here come Shape Amery down. So I thought they did you look, I was saying the same thing, get the ball out of Shade hands. But and you said let somebody else beat you. Well I be damn if Mitchell didn't do it.
Speaker 1: I and Kane Kane hit, but Cain hit a cup of three. I'm like, bro, he been sitting for like ten minutes. He just come out.
Speaker 2: He come up a pick and shoot it from twenty five. Yet some point in time, Yeah, Joe, GP, you know this guy, Oh Joe, you just tip your hat and said, man that that's just too good.
Speaker 1: That's just too good. Well, you know they gonna make shots.
Speaker 2: But like we say, I still have to let not have Shaye have thirty five.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. I gotta let them beat me another way. You know.
Speaker 2: The team that makes makes them do that is the san Antonio's First, they make them do that. San Antonio makes other people play and then that big boy over there blocking side. So hopefully if we see that series, I think it'll be a little different. I think they're gonna trap Shade a little bit more and then we'll see what happens, and that'll be a great series, you know, for me, you know, I would love to see that again.
Speaker 1: Hey, GP, hull up.
Speaker 2: Though I ain't think I didn't think Marcus Smart done a bad job in this series. Hell, the person, this is the first game he really got out on him. If just to be honest, I mean he shot fifteen free throws.
Speaker 1: He went twelve to fifteen from the line. But I'm like y'all, man.
Speaker 2: I think Shaye understood the moment and the way him and Mitchell play off each other. Bro, it's unbelievable to watch because you like, damn, we ain't even really know nothing about Mitchell until this year.
Speaker 1: If y'all just want to keep.
Speaker 2: It and for this team to sacrifice the way they do. Look at carus So, look at Isaiah, Joe, look at look at Wallace. Like those guys don't They never rushed the issue, bro. They play the right way. The system is great. And like you say, when Shad's not on the court, hell, you still can't. You still can't run away. And if you trap him on the pick and roll, Fellas, Hartenstein is too clever when it comes to distributing the ball, making plays. He ain't gonna do nothing that's gonna hurt you. So you trap and it goes to him. He got the high row with big Feller. He can spray out the three. You just got way too many options you can get up and his touch around the basket, it's impeccable. He has a nice little flow game hard and Stein. So I think, okayc is tough to beat, and you can't. You can't just take Shaye out, bro, They got too many ways.
Speaker 1: He ain't even got Williams. Yeah, that's what. Here's the fang though. Here's the thing though.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, Mitchell only made three million dollars a year and they got him under contract for the next two years plus a club opher now and now, hey hey hey, I like Williams too, But y'all telling me Williams is that much better than this kid? Well, no, he ain't that much better. But he making two one hundred and thirty million. That's my point. But just think about it. But just think about it. If I take Mitchell three million and then I go get me, so I can go get I can get a lot of playoff for two plus GP and io. Yeah, but look, playing he is in. It's a playoff. This ain't no regular season game. Now he's doing this in the playoffs. Yeah, yeah, I agree. He doing He did a hell of a job. He did a hell of a number on the Lakers. But I think the tests will come if they have to play the Spurs, because he gonna have guys who are gonna be able to go off the dribber go at him, and guys who can defend. You know, Lakers, We already know Lakers ain't got no damn guards who can defend outside of Marcus Smart and he was doing a hell of a job against Shane. You're right, he can only guard one of them, you know what I mean. And that's the problem that they got Joe. When you look at san Antonio, they can throw Champagne at him, they can throw a Sale at him, they can throw obviously castle at him. So they can throw a lot of different bodies at him, and so they don't necessarily have to trap. Because when you run and run your offense and you want to put Austin Reeves who can score, you want to put a guy that can face the floor and Luke Canard. The problem that you run in is that all they're gonna all he's gonna do is call for the pick whoever's guarden their guard. He gonna call for the pick. They're gonna come pick the sick. They're gonna come get the pick. And then guess what, they gotta deal with him one on one. And it's every time, and that's every time. And so I was saying, trap him and get the ball out of his hands. But he was making the right decisions. He was getting the ball out of him and the guys was knocking down shots. And that's when I say, you know what, Hey, guys, I done did everything I possibly could. I kicked him, I hit him. I called the cops on him, and they say, well, nothing.
Speaker 1: We can do. They say, nothing we can do.
Speaker 2: Hey, them nineteen turnover was just hurt oster Reeves had eight. He had eight by himself. I think Marcus Smart had Marcus Smart had six. I think Lebron had four. Yeah, that's just far too many turn over. All right, guys, I'm at the hotel now, so I'm heading up to the room. I see you all about two minutes, all right, we'll catch you in the second. Hey, oh, Joe, yes, I talk to me. That was a hell of a game, though, bro, it was.
Speaker 3: It was Listen, Joe, I think there are a lot of people that were watching the game. Those are the fans fans of just NBA basketball in general. Yeah, I think they were probably hoping that the Lakers could pull this off. I was I ain't gonna I think they were hoping that.
Speaker 1: Well chance, you know, they wanted to see another game.
Speaker 2: Man. They don't want everybody to be because that San Antonio Minnesota game. Minnesota series is gonna go get seventh, seventh, they gonna go seven. So it's gonna give Oklahoma too much rest man, and then we're gonna see what happened. I wanted to see if the Lakers go one more, it's go one more to make to make TV and make us see basketball. You know that we want to see Basis. Yeah, it's like with the Knicks up man, we didn't want to see them to him. Man, So here's good man. It's crazy that we see we got two sweeps, but the other two series is too too. I'm happy Detroit lost today so we can see them a little bit more.
Speaker 1: They gonna go go. They gonna go seven.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, you think I'll hold up GP. You think Minnesota and the sperience one.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 2: My thing is it's an even game. Hell and wind being out there, we just playing back up. But when Win be out there, GP, difference, it's different. It's because Joe, he changes shots, he do things. He's so big, he can handle the basketball. He just altering a lot of things, man, and he changes the game. But when he get out, everybody else is whatever. You know what I'm saying. So, I mean it's whatever. And if he don't play forty four forty five minutes, they ain't gonna win. They're not gonna win. You see when he got kicked out the other night, they do nothing. Man, You know, no, it's it's it's it's a it's it's an even game when he when he's not out there. But when he is out there, I agree with you. He the cheek hole bro, because not only can he score, but he's a hell of a distributor. He get guys involved because he draws so much attention. And hell, all you gotta do is throw the ball toward the.
Speaker 1: Rim and he gonna go get it.
Speaker 2: Like it's just too much. He puts so much pressure on you. And even if he don't block your shot, GP. Hell, when you drive in there, he the first person you're thinking about, like, damn, hold on, can I get this off door. I need to just kick it out. Yeah, way at you know what I mean. So he always got you thinking, you know, when you when he's out there on the floor, and when he went out the other night, you see how the lane just opened up. Guys were just kind of getting what they wanted. You know, they were playing both teams playing small ball, and I felt like the advantage was for Minnesota because they got random. You know, Randal has to be that bull in the China Show. He got to continue to put his head down and make things happen. And I think, you know, Minnesota got a chance, but I don't know if they can win the series. I don't think they w a seriously, Joe, but I know that I think they're gonna beat them.
Speaker 1: They're gonna beat them in Minnesota in game six.
Speaker 2: I think, uh Santorio come out and probably try to destroy him in game five.
Speaker 1: So I shoot, man, we can get on a Sunday and see.
Speaker 2: TV, maybe see one of the hot Yeah, you know that would be good to see two game sevens man, to just see you go who can go to the to their conference final.
Speaker 1: That'll be great. Yeah, I think my bad Go ahead, O.
Speaker 3: Joe, now I won't say for some reason, I don't know why. Joe and and and I've been right with my basketball take so far in the playoffs, g I've been right about all my take so far right. But but I have a feeling I don't know why. As much of a difference as Winby makes when he's on their court, whether it's defensive or offensively, for some reason, I think Minnesota's gonna find a way. I don't know what I'm saying really the series, I do a g P g P. I don't know why Joe I had.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Obviously, both of you played the game at a very high level that you know much more about the game than I do. The people in the chat are probably gonna laugh him and say, oh Joe, please, you don't know ball sit this one out. But for some reason GP and Joe, I have no id idea why. I just feel they're going to find a way to get it there.
Speaker 1: It's like last year a chat. They did it.
Speaker 2: Last year Man they got into the Western Conference final the same way. People didn't think if that boy, if that boy Edwards get hot or something like that, Ben Hey, it could happen because it's now and we didn't think it was gonna be like this now now, but able listen, listen GP. You know, man, he continued, he's getting healthy and healthy by the day. I think that's been the key thing because to start the series, you remember now he was coming off the bench, and by by game three when they got home, hell, he was starting. And he's been a whole totally different monster. But my thing is, when you think about it, Fellas will win be getting kicked out the other night. I know he pissed off about that.
Speaker 1: GP.
Speaker 2: You know, he probably gonna come out trying to prove a point. Uh uh uh uh, you know, put his stamp on the game.
Speaker 1: Hella early.
Speaker 2: So I think it's gonna be a tough I think it's gonna be a tough Game five for Minnesota, but obviously they've won on the road. They wanted Santel and san Antonio before. I think they can they make him do it again. But I think I think the Spurs is gonna be way too desperate, you know, to to be able to lose game not.
Speaker 1: This with Joe, Joe. They're gonna blow him out, Joe, I know, san Antonio him out. They blow him out in Santonio. Man, I tell you, yeah, Minnesota ain't gonna have a chance.
Speaker 2: But you know what, guys watching the game up close and to watch it because I've seen the Thunder play before and I've watched him before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bro, he is so methodical. He knows. He's like, I want to get here now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you push me all over here, and I'm gonna let you if I gotta go look here.
Speaker 1: All I know is I'm going to California. Now.
Speaker 2: If I gotta go to New York and I gotta go to Massachusetts and come back down to drive down to Miami, cut through Georgia and Alabama, I only know all of that. But I'm gonna get to California and you.
Speaker 1: Cannot stop me. Bro, think about it.
Speaker 2: In that fourth quarner, the end one that he hit Mark Marcus Smart can't play it any better than that. He played it, beat him to the spot, he challenged the shot, he hit the shot, he filled it, and he made it. What do you do he get Jackson Hayes in a switch from three boom? J Mitchell? What do you do he get him in a switch boom? And no matter what, just and Mitchell bro he made some shots tonight. He made some shots tonight still because I was at that I was at that end where they h in the second half, so I can see.
Speaker 1: I'm like, ain't no way he gonna make How you make that with that angle? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And the guys around me like, man, how did he? Bro Hell, I'm asking my dad said, how he made that?
Speaker 1: Andy?
Speaker 2: Gord y'all? No, y'all go see this outfit again. I got had it over two hours to night. It's an l V and I'm wearing it the damn gain. So when you see Hey on the game, you're damn right, and I got it on again. So I'm just telling you now to your mind closed, because I'm gonna wear it again. Hey.
Speaker 1: I'm telling my a.
Speaker 3: I'm telling the man business man, get Hey, get your wears out of get your lin.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna taken.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take club, shut your episode in it tomorrow, so you're gonna see it the beginning of three weeks and you're gonna see it again out somewhere.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you, wear that thing. It ain't gonna get my money worth out of this.
Speaker 2: You damn skippy A Fellas, Hey, when you look at it, uh, oh, Joe, GP. The great Ones, the great ones, Bro, they understand the moment. They know how to get to their spots. I don't give a damn what you do.
Speaker 1: Bro. You know they know how to manipulate the game. GP.
Speaker 2: You know this bro playing at the highest level winning titles. Hey, the great Ones aren't the great guards. They know how to manipulate the game to get to wherever they want to on the floor. Hey, if you don't trap him and get the ball out of his hands, he probably gonna make it. Hey, Joey, just like a Michael Jordan man, I played against that dude all my career. Man, he when it's time for him to play, they play. You know what I'm saying, They go and get their money's worth. Whereas at he reminds me because of his mid range game as a young Damar Daroz. Hey, they right there in their mid game and they stay that way and he makes shots.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like I tell people, you cannot stop a score. You just got to contain him and hope that he have a bad game and then let everybody else hit him. But this Oklahoma team, they got too many weapons around him, and they may and it opens everything up, and then you can't you can't double him. You can't because if they making shots, you can't double him. And then you got a hope that somebody can guard him. And the Lakers didn't have nobody. Reeves and and Kanari can't guard him. You know, if they switch on they lunch, that's here. Yeah, yeah, they can't guard it. Think about how they started the game. Lou Dor hit three two bomb threes. So now you're like, well, damn, Caruso comes in, he makes three bomb threes, and so you say, well, damn if we trap him and they hitting shots. Mitchell Mitchell was twelve of eighteen. We've seen Mitchell play at a at a lead level.
Speaker 1: That look.
Speaker 2: Some of it is the Lakers because they can't defend. But I don't want to short change the guy, because the guy's been playing extremely well. He didn't make he didn't even make the playoff roster last year. Now this man looking like like hold on, I got team out there looking like hold on. Wait a minute, he he he need to be on our team doing that.
Speaker 1: He don't need to be on a bench.
Speaker 2: He don't need to be on okay, fees, bitch, he needs to be on our bitch.
Speaker 1: Started. He's good look and check.
Speaker 2: And those big guys they deter you because they everybody seven foot tall and you ain't getting anything easy because even when they just go straight up, you can't see the basket, no sub but they but they play well off because they're not a whole lot of teams the ain't able. What two teams them in Cleveland that really play two bigs in they starting lineup everybody, everybody, everybody else got a big and then everybody basically, you know, they got two legit bigs six six.
Speaker 1: Eleven, sixteen.
Speaker 2: Now granted, uh uh Allen, Jared Allen's only six nine, but he got a seat several five wings fan. But these guys, these two guys are legit seven foot tall.
Speaker 1: They play like that.
Speaker 2: And you watch this team. I watched them, watch the I watched the substitution patter. They're gonna keep a score on there. They're gonna have three, They're gonna have three defenders and a big. They're gonna keep a score, three defenders and a big. So if it's gonna be lou Dark, it's gonna be Wallace it's gonna be Caruso. It's gonna be some combination, and then you're gonna have shade and you're gonna have one of those big you have Hartenstein, or you're gonna have a check. So they're like so they can switch a lot of things. And those big guys move better than your think. They not slug They're not slugs. They're not nailed.
Speaker 1: To the floor.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, when you look at Hartenstein, he was a plus thirty tonight, Fellas, he was the highest plus minus night. The men only have five points, ten rebounds, five assists, three steals. He is such a pivotal part of what Oklahoma City does offensively and defensively, Like he plays hard as I don't know what, and then he's a great facilitator bro in getting other guys involved. I think, okay see got a great mixture.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I think everything is yet to be seen whether they can, you know, compete with the Spurs like this, because the Spurs are such a juggernaut and I think it'll be a hell of a series. But obviously they got to get out of that series against the t Wolves. But okay se got everything you need, bro, from scores to hard workers, great teammates. I think from top to bottom, it's gonna be hard to beat these boys. But Joe, the thing that they got them over everybody's all ten of them dudes come in in, they play D, they play on and you know what I'm saying, and they don't let off, so you don't have to get a let off for somebody's seve for somebody. So that's why it's so hard to beat this team. But I think that that Spurs team matchup with them very very well athletically wise.
Speaker 1: Because they got defenders off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got defenders too, and you remember that they won, they won for to one and.
Speaker 1: In the regular receiver, but.
Speaker 2: They make the regular season. Now this is playoffs, so we got to see what happens. But I still think that'll be a good match up because I think both of them teams are gonna play D and both of them got on. All of them got dogs and everybody got people coming off STUPI off. They both got dogs. So I think this to me, the game time three, the guy that has the highest field goal, the highest three point percentage in playoff history, the guy that's leading the Lakers in threes, Why the hell was he on the court.
Speaker 1: I need GP. You played Joe.
Speaker 2: You played Joe, You at all guard GP, and you in the Hall of Fame got Olympic gold member. I need you to explain O Joe is the equivalent of your best wide receiver if the same thing would happen and you. I don't know if you guys remember y'all remember USC played Texas and they have a fourth and one that Regigebush ain't on the field, the guy that won the Howian Trophy, he ain't on the field. We got a big a fourth die situation and the what y'all tell y'all throwing the ball and oh, you ain't on the field. What the hell are we doing? Well, you're the best three point shooter? Well, Shannon, you know what that that was called. I think JJ really went off through defensive end because he thought that Canard couldn't guard anybody. Oh, he didn't want to switch up because they were getting in the picking roll and they was keeping Canard in the pick and roll and a guy in the picking roll Canard something special happened, so he couldn't guard nobody. So he said, man, if I could stop him, I can go down there. And score with Reeves and them like that, and I think that's what his decision was made, you know, for defense and set of offense. And it probably wasn't a good good a good choice, but that's just the way it goes.
Speaker 1: Man, That's what I thought. He thought.
Speaker 2: Gph, Joe, you get the rebound, you get to stop. I'm taking the time out because I want the best I want the best three point shooter in the game in the game.
Speaker 1: I gotta think about something. He hit a four.
Speaker 2: Point play to tie the game up. He hit big shot after big shot after big shot. He's been hitting big shots if you look at it the four games. He's been that most consistent offensive player, no question. I gotta get him in the game, guys. And I understand what you're saying. It's like, okay, defense, Okay, we've done what we're supposed to do. And I know you don't want to burn your time out, but I got to have him on the court. I just got him. Yeah, Hey, look, I understand what you're saying. I think I think due to timing and the set that they ran where Austin Reeves kind of came up and got the ball. I don't think they wanted. Okay, see the file, you know what I mean, which is why I think, uh ar kind of you know, he probably should have shot as soon as he caught it, but he took an extra dribble to try to get a little closer. But I mean, I get it. You know, uh really probably should have been in the game. And you're right, he been the most consistent guy, you know, from an offensive standpoint.
Speaker 1: I mean, hell, he shot the lights out this whole entire series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he played great off run and aar. I mean, I'm like you man, I'm watching him like, damn, big shot after big shot, you know, just just staying engaged.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I thought they played well enough to win offensively, and they just can't stop.
Speaker 1: No, damn, by the hell, we knew that can't.
Speaker 2: Like you said, if I first of all, if I got a if I got a back, if my offense is pedestrian, the last thing I can do is turn the ball over because it's so hard I have to expend so much energy GP to get back into the ball game that by the time I get back, I get even when it's two three minutes left, I'm out of gas.
Speaker 1: And then Shannon it's unnecessary turnovers. It's throwing the ball away. Man just throwing it up there, and they tipping the ball.
Speaker 2: One time, Smart just turned around and threw the ball and it was inner severance.
Speaker 1: Wasn't nobody even there at that?
Speaker 2: Yes, I said, what are you doing? I'm right there, I know what to play. And Austin Reeves trying to throw, trying to feed, tried to feed through it from half half court and he.
Speaker 1: Threw the ball underneath underneath.
Speaker 2: I'm like, and then you remember, and then you remember Smart did it again, and they get it and came back. You know what I'm saying that them turnovers right there is costly, especially when Lebron's turnover with only a minute to go.
Speaker 1: Man, it was a minute.
Speaker 2: And now you can because at that point in time, what were it down? It was only down two, one o seven, one on nine. They can come down there and put pressure on them. But they came right back. And then you remember they hit a three and they went a five. Yeap, Listen, they playing too many damn minutes, fellas them dudes tired. Man Ry played forty, Bron played forty minutes, Ruy played, He played, Ruy played forty three. I mean he's trying to give bron The problem is is that he's trying to give Braun a minute here, Okay, time out there, so we'll give you a minute. They're gonna take a time out so that I'll.
Speaker 1: Give you extra. But he was exhausted. He was exhausted. Hey.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, look, your recovery. I don't care what anybody tell you. And you start to get older, your recovery ain't what it was was GP absolutely, you know what, Shannon, Shoot, when you get in the forties, man, your body you gonna go, oh, let down, man, and that stuff gonna be hurting for like seven Hey. You know back of the hey, back of the day, you like, hey, hard baby, let me came my breath. Now I hate what I used to be. He Hey, many, let's class of water five to bed, get hot.
Speaker 1: I go dright now. It takes me eight seven days and get back.
Speaker 2: You gotta think about that, dad, and you would you're playing against people bodies now and exactly what you think that's gonna happen. Marcus Smart has six turnovers five five two buckets and what it reads out I mean, I mean turnovers reds Reeves had eight.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I knew it eight.
Speaker 2: Reeves had eight, Marcus Smart had four, I mean had six, and Broad had four and Jackson Hayes had one. Damn, it's hard to win, man. You get nineteen turnovers, bro in a game like this here, you're gonna lose, bro because Okay, see they don't turn the ball over like that. They had eleven to night, but they normally don't turn the ball over. Joe, they had nineteen turnovers within four players. That's that's the problem, dame. You you ain't never heard of that, nine nineteen turnovers saying four players.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's insane. You can't do that, Mitchell. The night was sensational again.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight points, four assists, four steals on twelve of eighteen shooting. He's averaging twenty three points and six assists this series.
Speaker 1: This series, This series is over now. Damn it was that series. Okay, that series ain't if that? You're right?
Speaker 2: Gv uh and check what if I told you the Lakers would attempt more free throws than the thunder and they still lose. And that's because Ron averaged twenty three points. He led the Lakers, and he led the Lakers and points and assists. Hell, I'm not so sure he didn't leave both teams in points some assists as look that up. He averaged twenty three points, almost seven rebounds, seven assists at forty one now and forty one and forty one Now that's something else.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't know what he's doing, but he keep on doing it. If you're gonna keep doing that, they keeping keep doing that level GP Hainte looking here, man, I wouldn't quit neither man to get that man, get me some more that cheese man, because if they gonna give me that paper man and I can kill these young little youngsters like this, I keep doing it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he a GP.
Speaker 2: You know he playing from the shoulder up while the young boy playing from the web down. Yeah, like he playing. He playing a totally different game from these casts.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: He he'd have stood the test of time. Hell over two two and a half decades. Like man, he he has an understanding of the game and how to be effective and how to use these guys around. And think, now, if they had if they had Lucas just different what because they're gonna have to double Luca. Yeah, I gotta do it. I was just gonna say that they missing him. Shayning Man, he was three points. He would have gave you thirty, man, and they would have been a little bit more different series, I think, because he would have been making shots.
Speaker 1: See, he would have been making shot maker. Yeah, he is a shot maker.
Speaker 2: So that they missed him, and then and then they that one, that that ball the way they play at offense and give it to Lebron right there on the block. And then Oklahoma is just too strong right there. Man, They gonna they gonna clog it up. They're gonna go after everything, and you can't just do that, especially if they ain't making shots.
Speaker 1: And I'm stilling with you trying. I would have kept.
Speaker 2: Canard on the floor all day because I would have kicked it to him and let him make shots.
Speaker 1: Just keep making shots.
Speaker 2: The thing I think the thing is is that when you look at it, is that because of the and you said earlier GP, because of the defensive prowess, because whoever he's guarding, she's gonna call to come get the pick yep. Yeah yeah, and whoever Austin Reeves is guarden. But when you think about it, that's what teams do to Luca. Whoever Luca's guarding. Yeah, he called and get the pick. Yeah, that's been that, that's been. That's been the mo. When you do to get dealing dealing with Luca, make him play defense, yeap defense, because you not finna stop him unless you get the ball out of his hand. One guy ain't stopping Luca. I don't give it. Damn who the defend is? You're right?
Speaker 1: So you want to wear him, absolutely, you want to wear it down.
Speaker 2: You know, you think you think you're gonna just rest on You wanna rest on defense while you go. Hell now, we're gonna make your hands work on defense just as hard as you're working on offense. The only thing wrong with that, though, your guys, Shannon, Joe, he gonna get the ball back in his hand. He gonna go go go get you know what I'm saying, ain't gonna do that. See, he gonna go get it. So he gonna give you thirty to forty, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's what it is. Gonna worry about him in the defensive side. Mm hmm. Hey.
Speaker 2: So if you the Lakers, though, what you do now? Where you at now? Fellas home I'm saying, but I think I think they gotta go get me. They gotta go get a point guard. They gotta see what they're gonna do with with Lebron, Get Luca Healthy. I would keep Canard and Rivers and then you just gotta build from there. But they gotta go get somebody can play defense. I think they gotta wings the defense. This is what this NBA is about right now. Six seven, six' six guys who can do, it you, know like like The johnson brothers from From detroit and what you Call Thompson THOMPSON'S i mean The thompson brothers and once from here From.
Speaker 1: Oakley them two dudes can.
Speaker 2: Defit you gotta get players like that to come on your team to, help and that's what it's gotta. Be AND i think The lakers gotta do. That they gotta make moves and then that's WHAT i think they gotta. DO i, LOOK i think off The, REEVES i mean to watch, him to watch the maturation that he's gone through as an undrafted free agent to average seven, points the average twelve, points the average eighteen, points to average twenty three. Points but the, guys if you put him And luca in the back. Court the one thing The west.
Speaker 1: Have is that they have.
Speaker 2: Guards you look at, you look at, you look At, book you look At, murray you look At, castle you look At, shae you look at all everybody in The. West what do they have? Guards what can The lakers defend? Guard and they had damn say, god you forgot about you forgot The, clippers The, warriors all of.
Speaker 1: Guards that's what they got AND gp that is their.
Speaker 2: Problem they can't defend the guard because they come to w u s every time they try to trap shape, shavee find the open.
Speaker 1: Guy they knocked the shot.
Speaker 2: Down like, credit, guys gotta knock the shot down and you gotta roll the. Dice but at some point in, time you're, like, look we gotta we gotta play.
Speaker 1: You we gotta play you straight. Up we gotta play it straight.
Speaker 2: Up and with the exception Of Marcus, smart he's the only one that can play really on the wing straight.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey and when you think about, it The lakers know them dudes can't guard fella. Hell what they gotta do is they offense has to be their. DEFENSE i, mean that's how they gonna Have that's how they have to offset. It that's why you Got lucas scoring thirty three at. Night, hell you can deal with him not being a being a hell of a. Defendive you're gonna give me thirty three at. Night, Here we'll have to live with the results that we get. Defensively AND i think they know that it's just to play against THIS okc.
Speaker 1: Team. Bro without, him you have no, chance, no not at.
Speaker 2: All you know, This, Okay, see like we, said so they so, deep you know What i'm. Saying so you can't make mistakes against them and think that they and like What shannon said, earlier.
Speaker 1: They play at their. Pace they do.
Speaker 2: Not let you speed them. Up they'll let you do. Nothing and once he do, that and they get you in the bag and they start hitting in them, dudes making them. Shots it's too. Hard and then them too, big too. Big them two twin towers are playing very very. Well they just playing very very well together and they and they play together and they get it.
Speaker 1: Done so it's just hard to beat. Them you can't make.
Speaker 2: Mistakes and like we, said like you, Said, seanne they, KNEW i, Mean, chad you knew they couldn't. Come and The lakers couldn't come in there and make the. Mistakes they couldn't make. Mistakes they had to play a perfect game for them to win the basketball, game and they. Didn't if you think about, it the question is now The lakers seasons is.
Speaker 1: Over, now it'll just start.
Speaker 2: Now this is something that upper management had to been thinking about for a period of, time because no matter, what whether you went out in the first, round the second, round or you won THE Nba, finals there's gonna come a time that you're gonna have to make some. Decisions Lebron james is not under. Contract Austin reeves is gonna want max. Money what we're, doing is this the last time we See lebron in The lakers? Uniform GP, Io you know, WHAT i don't think. SO i think they're gonna probably give him a one year deal for about thirty thirty five, million do it like, that and then Get Austin reeves and do. It they're gonna restructure. HIM i don't Think lebron wants to leave, anyway Neither. Shannon he's too comfortable IN la right. Now his family is comfortable with. That he's not gonna go anywhere if he. Does the only PERSON i think he would play with right now Is Steph. Curry it's the only PLAYER i think he went. With he'll he'll come down here To Golden. State they'll do, something make some, moves but that's the only THING i think he'll. Do he'll be cold so he can be. Close think he's not going he ain't going back To. Cleveland he ain't doing none of. That BUT i think The lakers are gonna sign him. BACK i really really do think. So AND i think he's gonna get a a two year deal or something with him having an option in his second, year and then they'll go from, there and then they're gonna have to refamp the.
Speaker 3: TEAM i don't know a Uncle joe AND gp we just talked about this the other, night and the first THING i, Said lebron always wanted to play play with Sta, Hey, Oh lebron always wanted to play With. Stephan Steve kurse signed a two year, deal obviously to remain the head. Coach steph is still there for two more years In lebron now with this opportunity The lakers not extending, him the fact that it didn't extend, him you, know before knowing that his deal would be up with the end of the. YEAR i don't think he's going. BACK i think he's going to take this time to fulfill one of the dreams that he's always had outside of playing With Stephan, olympics playing With steph in a regular season, game you, know wearing the same jersey on the same.
Speaker 2: Team, hey, listen when you think about, IT i understand what GP's. SAYING i hear, you O, cho but we we Know lebron to do something a little. Different, man he he, Normally, hey he'll go against the. Grain, now you, KNOW i think he's going to assess everything that's going to happen in this. Postseason AND i, think if you're asking, ME i THINK i don't think he'll mind getting out The Western.
Speaker 1: Conference.
Speaker 2: NOW i don't know if he's going back To, cleveland BUT i just THINK i can see him making the move BECAUSE i think he always gonna have his. Place, obviously he's probably still building have his place IN la and, hell he's gonna be able to the money he make off the. Court you, know he always gonna be. Good BUT i can see, him, MAN i can see him. COME i can see him leaving The. LAKERS i can see him coming somewhere out, east you know the kind of lighting that load a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, yeah, Yeah. JOE i really think he's gonna stay. West.
Speaker 2: Joe you know he built that big old. House, man he doesn't spend so much money over. There, man the kids is loving, it and his wife. THERE i don't think he's gonna come to The, east because that's gonna be a little told for them to go back and. Forth LIKE i, SAID i Think, chad it's a good shot he comes To god he could go. To if he, leaves he going To Golden. State i'm telling you he coming To Golden state if he. Leaves and but if he, don't AND i don't Think jennie Bugs bus gonna let him. GO i don't think she's gonna let him get, nowhere you, know because you know she's still run that thing for a little bit until for like the late next what seven eight years.
Speaker 1: And she got five, years got five.
Speaker 2: Years so she can run in it. Still and she not gonna let him go. NOWHERE i Think Harry hem And luca they'll be, okay that's a.
Speaker 1: Drawn they sell out everywhere they.
Speaker 2: Go, Yeah AND i don't THINK i don't think he wants to he. Wants he don't want to get that. Up you, know he got all the movie deals and stuff In. La it's always sunny, there keeps his body.
Speaker 1: Right he ain't. COMING i don't think he comes to the. Cold you, KNOW i don't think you're gonna go that Cot.
Speaker 2: Lebron. James he just finished his eighth. Season his first, year he missed the playoffs. Entirely next year he won the. Championship second year of the third, year he was eliminated in the first.
Speaker 1: ROUND. Uh the next, year he missed the.
Speaker 2: Playoffs then he got swept in the conference, finals lost in the first, round eliminated in the first, round swept in the second. Round one championship on a three playoff series. Win since the. Bubble what grade were giving? HIM i give him A c, plus that's WHAT. Gp that's WHAT i would go. PLUS i gave him an. Average he's doing what he got to do with with this team that he's having the stuff that he's, having you know What i'm, Saying and you're getting older and things is.
Speaker 1: Happening he you, know he's been put with players that is and all.
Speaker 2: That BUT i gotta give him A c. Plus i'll give him A c plus on my on my, end damn y'all give him A c. PLUS i give him A b, man considering the fact of what he had to deal with when he first got when he first got to L. A, obviously him winning that, title a lot of people put an astrobay because it was in the, Bubble but damn, man he's kept he's kept The lakers afloat bro like he's he's kept them. RELEVANT i would say The, lakers everybody gonna always pay attention to. Him BUT i think combining his brand with That laker, MAN i just THINK i think he's done more than what people really give.
Speaker 1: Him, look he got me, bad look BECAUSE A d stay.
Speaker 2: Healthy, yeah And, joe we not really saying about what he's. DONE i think what What shannon was saying is about the team and they pro of what they were doing because when he gets out of the first, round then he gets swept this round every. Championship we're not saying What lebron, did Because lebron is doing. Work he just averaged twenty three in this, one twenty, three seven and, seven so he not at forty one years, old so he not doing. It but we're talking about the progress of moving. On you know What i'm, Saying being in the second, round being in a conference, final cup final once after he won the, championship you know, what and then he was in the first, round didn't make.
Speaker 1: It then this guy.
Speaker 2: Swept so that's on the organization to me to put a team out there that can.
Speaker 1: Do, it you know What i'm. Saying and what you, Say, shannon some of them players ain't showed up.
Speaker 2: Man and the thing, is the question is how many times did he lose a series where he was the favorite most of the time he was starting the series on the.
Speaker 1: Road he wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Fake but BUT i know somebody gonna, say, well if it was another, player that he would have beat the. Thunder y'all already know that he'd beat The. Thunders but WHEN i look at it and And i'm, like, okay how many playoff series did he lose where he was the? Favorite and all these guys that y'all, said, well look at the young talent that they. Had how that young talent doing? Elsewhere not that good man that good.
Speaker 1: Because they told, It they told us That kuzma was gonna be the.
Speaker 2: Guy kuzman done been the two, Stops, Oh, washington he gonna be the guy In washington. Now he And milwaukee scoring four points a. Game so when you look at when you look at, it AND i thought a D ad couldn't stay. Healthy but they but, That but that's been ADM ad hadn't BEEN ad hadn't been able to stay, healthy and SO i would have liked to see HIM ad could have stayed.
Speaker 1: Healthy but it is what it.
Speaker 2: Is you remember that at this. Junction, NOW, gp you know. It you get, older and this is WHAT i always. Say when you are a great, player as you get, older they don't compare you to other great. Players they compare you to a younger. Self see A. Gp you get, older they're, like, MAN gp can't he can't be the. Glove now we gotta start calling the. Mint, ye how you gotta, look it's looseness at the.
Speaker 1: Glove, man it is now the preparing.
Speaker 2: Him they COMPARE gp when he got thirty, two thirty three to THE gp that was twenty, one twenty. Two what the hell a y'all? Doing that's, true that's, true that is that's definitely. True and you can't compare him to.
Speaker 1: When he was. Young, man you get older.
Speaker 2: Man BUT i still love it the way he's doing it because he's still saying a relevant he still asks twenty, three twenty four. Points you, know some players would dip, down but it's like he's still on the. Floor he, shit he played what forty minutes? Tonight man at fort at forty at forty, one, Man so people can't can't compare. It that's WHY i, said you can't compare generations and people who didn't play with, people because that is not is not thinking. Sensible AND i get. It, yeah he's not thinking.
Speaker 1: Sensible he's not a twenty one year Old Lebron.
Speaker 2: James, no he's not that Don, hey he ain't no twenty One. Lebron but at forty, one we never seen nobody play with this much. Consistency Bro for to have this longevity in the, game he superseded expectations from the time he walked in through the. Door, LIKE i, MEAN i think the guy is, special. MAN i Mean i've had a you, know hell of a time competing against, him man watching him. PLAY i hope he continues to, play especially at this high. Level BUT i thought we were a bit cheated obviously not getting a chance.
Speaker 1: To Have luke out there for them to be full.
Speaker 2: Strength but, hell when you think about, it, yeah they were underdogs in The houston, series If, Katie, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know WHAT i. Mean nobody had them beating The, ROCKIES i. Think and plus the other thing is is that.
Speaker 2: He averaged twenty, three seven and seven against probably a top, two top three defensive team in the. League everybody don't play defense like, okay see imagine number, one number, One, okay them the number one defensive. Team everybody in THE nba doesn't play defense like. That he averaged twenty. Seven he averaged twenty, points seven, rebounds seven assists as the third. Option what third option you know can give you numbers like?
Speaker 1: That not too, many not too many, Now and you saw When uga goes.
Speaker 2: Down aar was out a little, while but he's, LIKE i got it getting to the, Playoffs aar Miss he's still doing what he.
Speaker 1: Did, yeah but then.
Speaker 2: Remember when they both was. Out he carried them in the last part of the. Season they won the twelve out of fourteen. Games you remember that to move up to the number four, spot you know What i'm. Saying and he was Killing he was actually like thirty ten and twelve or something like, that and it was amazing to see a guy like that worked like that every night for like fifteen games in a. Row, Hey AND i think he cherished that moment, too because you, know he started a season, late, obviously missing what the first fifteen to seventeen games of the, season and The lakers were playing so great that he didn't want to be. Disruptive he just came in and he was A swiss army knife and he played that all the way through the season until them boys got hurt and went, down and then he stepped up and kind of, showed, LOOK i could still be the primary, option you, know, score, pass get, guys and be the guy Who i've always. Been you, KNOW i just think when you get into a, series a playoff SERIES, gp you know this bro were trying to expose. It were trying to expose. You whatever your weakness, is that's what we're trying to. Expose AND i, Think, Okay c's just done a great job of just being relentless throughout the whole entire game with their pressure and at some, point you, know you'll you'll have a tendency to fold And lakers normally it was the the third. Quarters BUT i thought, today, man they played a well. Game they stayed within. Reach it's just, okay see got. Closed, yeah, yeah and that's the that's the. Difference and you, know AND gpr and, GUYS i was, thinking if you Put Lebron james on a bad team and, say though you're the number one, option he still could give you twenty seven to twenty eight points a.
Speaker 1: Night he haveage, thirty you have thirty in this. League he averaged thirty on the bad.
Speaker 2: Team you put him On sacramento right, now you have a thirty easily easily half. Thirty because in the, postseason because think about, It lebron was like tops and fast.
Speaker 1: Breakpoints in the post, seeds you'll get a whole lot of.
Speaker 2: Runouts you gotta get all your point you gotta get a lot of your points in the half court. Set, yeah because the team's value you the, ball, well most teams value the. Ball, clearly The lakers didn't value the ball this playoff seid because, hell.
Speaker 1: They had nineteen to, night they had.
Speaker 2: Twenty they had twenty something the other, night and that's why the game got so. Lopsided but they played because normally the third quarter is where they lose the ball. Game BUT i thought they. Played they outscored, them what thirty nine to thirty, nine thirty one, something thirty, nine thirty, five thirty something like. That but then the fourth because in the second quarter they had a five point league and, okay see going a seventeen nothing Run sho did and when seen Nothing, yeah, yeah they had two. Turnovers they made two threes two turnover they may and next thing you, know they don't score ten points and.
Speaker 1: They down twelve easily.
Speaker 2: Quickly Twelve you can't and y'all know you can't have them lows Against NO Kc brother where you can't score the damn ball because they always gonna be able to get points and with them being the number one, defense this is how they. Win Broy they're gonna have a quarter to where they're gonna hold you at, bay you know WHAT i. Mean and typically it's been the third quarter for The, Lakers but like, tonight in that second, QUARTER i was, like, damn they couldn't get they couldn't buy a.
Speaker 1: Basket they went on my fast Minute joe without squarreter.
Speaker 2: Point, yeah mean that Because shaye went to the, beach Because shay always start the second quarter on the, bench they down.
Speaker 1: Five when he comes back in the ball, game they're up.
Speaker 2: Nine DeAndre ayden says he hadn't thought about his player option for twenty six twenty, seven says he trusted.
Speaker 1: AGENTS i love it here.
Speaker 2: Regardless earlier in the, Day DeAndre ayton showed off his brand new dominating. Chain take a look look at this. Guy, okay he need to melt that. Down he need to melt that ish. Down look what that man. Said that man said. DOMINATON i want to know who is he? Dominating what is he? Dominated look at?
Speaker 1: That he ain't enjoying. Life, MAN i might send them goons to. Snatch that ain't no way you're supposed. To come, on come, on come, ON. Gp look at. THAT i don't know what he's thinking about that one?
Speaker 2: Man he look, ah, HELLO, gp Of, JOE O, joe of all the of all the situations before game? Four you after what you, got, bitch and the. Coach you hear the. Coach you read his. Lips he SAYS i can't play, him and you go get a. Chase you talking about tone, Death you talking about not understanding of.
Speaker 3: Situation, hey he was probably already made or in the process.
Speaker 2: Of being made of it before the cho you got.
Speaker 1: Bitch your coach said he can't play. You what are you? Dominating mm, hmmm.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, HEY i get, IT i get. It, Hey i'm like he should have heard. That he shouldn't even brought that. Out he shouldn't even been no video as that.
Speaker 3: That, hey that's The jeweler. Fault matter of, fact The jewlish should have took it. Back The jewlis shouldn't delivered.
Speaker 1: It he made a. Mistake what is you gonna go advertise that floe in the first? Place what are you talking?
Speaker 2: About you should be worried about that, game and you gotta be dominated on, that be dominated on that flow and then bring it. Out win a, game say you? Dominating, though, okay look, here hey hey winby winby you'd, say, HEY i GIVE i give, YOU i give you fifty grade for it because you that ain't for. YOU i, mean think about it when you look at that. Chain who's gonna say when have you ever heard somebody Say DeAndre ayton?
Speaker 1: Dominating mm. Hmm you know we need to blame The.
Speaker 2: Jewlis why AM i gonna Blame him'm gonna getting two fifty thousand for that.
Speaker 1: Train, listen you need to blame the jeweler for stealing. Money you're still in.
Speaker 3: Money you know when he listen AND gp and and And. Joe when when When aiden brought the idea of having a chain that goes With aiden and putting dominating in front of, it That julius should have, Said, NO i can create something, else, FOUND i should create something the.
Speaker 2: Business for making money with you there you, go ever tell you no man went in there without a ski mask and robbed him.
Speaker 1: Masks he just that's all just all but all the.
Speaker 2: Time but but my problem, Is, LOOK i ain't got no problem the man making big. Money he wanted to give him a. Chain but you're gonna get that chain and you're gonna put it up on social media to the, day the day of game, four after you got benched in game three and your head coach.
Speaker 1: LEFT i just can't, player, bro what is?
Speaker 2: Go four?
Speaker 1: Points what's going? Tonight what do you have? Tonight six? Points?
Speaker 2: Tonight think he had, like, uh, yeah he had six rebound one, minute so that's.
Speaker 1: Dominating.
Speaker 2: Huh he was three and he was three for three from the. Field though he was he was he was a fishing on so so, so and think about. It they took him out the third. Quarter he ain't play no. More The Jackson hayes balling. Though if Deanre aden Had Jackson hayes, motor.
Speaker 1: Well come, on damn you.
Speaker 2: CAN'T i, mean, hell he'll Be, hey he'd be an ALL nba. Player, real you, know that's what you expect the guy to be get taking number one over? All to, Me, Joe i'm just saying that's what you, expect how to expect him to. Be he's supposed to be got his goal number one OVERALL, gp correct me If i'm.
Speaker 1: Wrong isn't he supposed to? Be franchise? Altering that's what the. Potential but you know what's the number one over our? PICK a lot of those number ones in the last ten to fifteen years ain't been too. Good, yeah that's. Potential he should, be like you, Said, shayning what that?
Speaker 2: Way but a lot of these number one picks ain't been like, that like it's only been about To. Damn, YEAH i don't think That's. JOE i don't think that's asking too. Much it ain't to be, dominant.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe especially if you're going number, one you got to think about.
Speaker 2: It eight billion, people how many of them are seven foot? Tall, okay let's just say of all the you know, WHAT i would see how many you know? WHAT i got to see this for myself BECAUSE i want to know how many people in the world sam foot?
Speaker 1: Tall y'all? Laughing, man, lam come, on, man you got? This how?
Speaker 2: Many because this is this is? Crazy, well.
Speaker 1: There's an. Estimator they, said there's an estimated.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight hundred to three thousand people in the world who are seven foot tall or.
Speaker 1: Taller they're extremely well.
Speaker 2: Represented five status, deviation so an event meaning one point six people every four, million or at least some foot tall in the. Estimating in The United, states it is estimated between eighty five and one hundred and fifty. People The United states got three hundred and sixty million. People they say there's between eighty five and one hundred and fifty in THE us that are seven foot tall and. Taller so what you're, Saying, shannon he's so close to.
Speaker 1: Be so let me ask you a.
Speaker 2: Question, so if there's between seventy eighty five and one hundred and fifty in THE, us are three on the eighty how many those play? Basketball how much money could you make if you was one of five or six people in the world that did what you? Did whatever it, is there's only five to six seven of you in the entire world that did what you.
Speaker 1: Did how much money could you? Make OJO a pretty penny.
Speaker 2: On, well right now they making three four hundred, Million they making three hundred four hundred. Million spake about. It, yeah there's there's somewhere between twenty five hundred and three thousand people in the world of eight, billion twenty five hundred to three thousand that are seven foot. Tall so you take all the people in the, World DeAndre eighten is one of. Them he might be the sorriest one of all of.
Speaker 1: Them, oh, man come, on come, on, man come. On he he doesn't he's not.
Speaker 3: Sorry but when you compare him to his cam padres that IN nba based on, centers then.
Speaker 1: Yes ain't no, way ain't no, way ain't no.
Speaker 2: WAY i COULD i could live with, Myself, joe could you live with? Yourself god gave you that, height gave you that, ability and you, like you know, What i'm cool with, man and they're gonna pay me. Regardless So, Hey i'm. Cool, HEY i know what you, Mean, BRO i. COULDN'T i, mean obviously he's a service of, big serviceable.
Speaker 1: Big. Ah he just not he not the Dogar.
Speaker 2: NO i think he is so offensive. Minded you know that when he's not engaged or he's not involved, offensively it determs what his. Defense it messes with his, defense and he's not as engaged as you would like him to. Be you, know, hell he played Against hartenstein and check bro. Like he ain't no score like, that, Okay ojo AND tv y'all know. That and his mentality to go out and dominate and be better than the guy who he's playing, against that's not his. MAKEUP i don't know why the hell he got the domination. Change And, SHANNON i was around his kid for a long period of.
Speaker 1: Time he played with my son at the prep school In.
Speaker 2: Phoenix SO i, said when you always dominating someone and then you get to the next level and can't be that dominant basketball? Player was always that, one and then somebody picks it, up and then it's like the bully going to the playground and always, bullying and then somebody else tries to bully and get them and to THE nba and couldn't do that because other people were like that because he's always the. Man he was always the, man and when you don't be always the, man it's a little. Different you, know when you get to people who are even either your level or better than.
Speaker 1: You that's just.
Speaker 2: Something that he couldn't. Overcome you know What i'm. Saying he couldn't overcome. That he hasn't overcoming, yet you know What i'm. Saying SO i think that is. It and what you, Said, joe it's all up here. Metality you're gonna be a dog or you ain't gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Dog it is what it.
Speaker 2: Is that just but WHEN i watched him in college AND i, peeple somebody he gonna. Be If i'm not. Mistaken his team got beat in the first round Of, Arizona yes they. Did, Yeah i'm thinking at, Him i'm, like And i'm, Like, Okay i'm NOT i don't have the train out to look at, it to project because in basketball you're. Projecting, OKAY i see what he is, now But i'm projecting in, two, three five, Years, joe this kid's gonna be. Unbelievable i'm looking at. It i'm, LIKE i just don't see a. MOTOR i just don't see. EFFORT i don't see. HUSTLE i don't see, HEARD i don't see. DETERMINATION i see a guy that's seven foot, tall that's gotten by because he's always been taller than everybody.
Speaker 1: Else and AS gp, said he can dominate because he.
Speaker 2: Was but now THE nba got a lot of, sixteen six, eleven seven foot, tall seven one, guys so you're not the only, one, Right and everybody, look you work, out and you work, out you go to THE Gm, joe you look at the, bill you look. Good, wait, come but you by yourself fifteen twenty other people coming, like, well, damn let me put my shirt back. ON i don't look at. IT i don't look as good AS i THOUGHT i. Did and that's.
Speaker 1: Him he was fine when he was the only seven.
Speaker 2: Footer, hey and a whole lot Of and you're not going to go against a whole lot of self footers in high.
Speaker 1: School, hell you ain't see a whole lot of self footers in.
Speaker 3: College, no you, know you know one of the issues there are too when you talk about, it you talk about how good he was in high.
Speaker 1: School he was the number one pick for a. Reason, yes obviously they bank it.
Speaker 3: On you continue to evolve your, Game you continue to get better at your, craft you sharping up your tools and evolving over time to where everything inquas you be in that number.
Speaker 1: One it just. Hasn't it just doesn't. Happened you just happened for. Him, Yep, hey everybody catch. You let everybody catch.
Speaker 2: Up, yeah and when you, bet and when you bigger than, everybody and you know you got a nice little touch around the. Basket, hell in high, school in, college can't nobody do nothing with? You that's why they draft you on? Potential well, Them maybe potentially he can come to THE nba and still be as dominant as he. Is it just don't happen that. Way, hey, bro you got a worry. You, hey you come in as a twenty, old twenty one year OLD.
Speaker 1: Gp you know.
Speaker 2: This you got a dude already in THE. Nba he been in the league for eight. Years he twenty, eight twenty nine years. Old, hell he got a, family. Defeed, Boy, please you think you feel outwork him or outplay, Him you got no day, coming so mentally you got to tap into something.
Speaker 1: Else. Bro you know you ain't never been challenged like.
Speaker 2: This that's WHAT i FEEL i feel Like aid didn't really get challenge brow until he got into THE. Nba well what might have tried to challenge it that he bucket you wanted to leave because he's never been challenged.
Speaker 1: Both that's what we're dealing with. It but we all got. It we all know it too, Though Shinning Joe. Chad when we went to the, pros we was. Different it's a different mindset about a lot of.
Speaker 2: Things, man everybody got that dog where we're gonna be, like, man if you come on the, floor on the floor against me or the field against, me were gonna tell your head.
Speaker 1: Off you know What i'm. Saying so we don't We We there.
Speaker 2: Ain't too many people like us for you don't know What i'm, Saying us for knee when we's gonna go in there and, dominate you see What i'm.
Speaker 1: Saying so it's a different.
Speaker 2: Story even though we did play against people in college and whatever and we got better and, better that's what we we, Work that's what we wanted to.
Speaker 1: It it's other. Stuff it's like some dudes ain't got, that but we had.
Speaker 3: That that was our gift and the, Funny, yeah the funny thing too about it when you talk about that gift That donk, had about that gift that you, had And joe you had that dog.
Speaker 1: Mentality you didn't even have to say. Nothing, joe you don't even have to talk about.
Speaker 3: It but your game and your presence and your or court was just that of will g be talking about that.
Speaker 1: Gift and the problem is gp it can't be, taught Can't it's. Not it's just in. You it's not a skill that you can acquire over time working on either you got it or you.
Speaker 2: Don't and you're gonna come every day to the show and you're gonna you're gonna give everybody a show every.
Speaker 1: Game hey A.
Speaker 2: A and if you met with a little, resistance you, know some guys are kind of fall back and, like, DAMN i don't want no more of. That but then you got some guys who, Like, okay next time you see, me you're gonna have hell to. Pay it's a it's a it's a mentality you gotta. Have. Ye it's a mentality that you got to have to play professional. Sports and that's why you see a lot of these cats be good when they're young and you're like damn when he got to THE. Nba why you wouldn't because he ain't had it and he ain't never been challenged like.
Speaker 1: That bro and and And, shanny you said it don't too many. People y'all got to think about.
Speaker 2: It And, joe you know, This when did you was playing some really really good. Players when did you start really playing good players in? College probably in the tournament or if, y'all if y'all made a game against one of the top players and you wanted to do, that and y'all was ON.
Speaker 1: Tv so college years were just rolling through. Stuff you know What i'm.
Speaker 2: Saying you wasn't playing the top dude every night until you got into THE. Ncaa and he never had. That he, didn't he didn't play like.
Speaker 1: That all the.
Speaker 2: Time and then when you, Said, shanny they got busted in the first round of THE ncaa tournament because they went they went with get somebody that.
Speaker 1: Was gonna go. AHEAD i JUST i don't know what it. IS i JUST i just.
Speaker 2: Couldn't ain't no WAY i could be that big and be that, sorry ain't no. Way but you, know back, THEN, gp if you were, big people would tell, you but you biggest sign for no.
Speaker 1: Reason but, oh they'll. Know they're gonna let you, know let you, know they're gonna be, like, man you Big, dodo but not Not.
Speaker 2: Joe well you know you can't say. That you don't want to hurt their feeling. Bad please about your damn feelings back with if you AND i were the same.
Speaker 1: Aide, Ye, Hey, joe you, know, hey the people that care boy you you know you? Sorry, hey hey, hey look look you can't even say it.
Speaker 2: Nowadays AND i know mental health do, exist but, hell that's what they that's what they throw.
Speaker 1: It they throw that At.
Speaker 2: Yount you messing up my mental. HEALTH i gotta watch, this my mental