Speaker 1: What's up, friends, that welcome into Leading Off right here on Fantasy Pros. I am the Welsh, that is the Bubba. We're thuying it all over the place, and we're excited to be doing it with you guys here today, right here on Leading Off, where we're talking about massive home run outputs, massive explosions. I looked by the way, I believe there were seven starting pitchers that gave up five or more earned runs yesterday, just absolutely through the roof. We also had some prospect ups. We get to talk about some of that, which I'm excited to do. But of course we want to tell you guys. Leading Off is brought to you by Bet three six five. You guys can check it out. Leading Off is the promo code bet five to get one fifty in bonus bets only over at Bet three sixty five. You can do it today, get in on the action. There's a gambling problem called one eight hundred bets off or one eight hundred gambler promo code Leading Off. Do it today, Kay, see Bubba in the house once I can find the marker there, Buba, what is up? My brother wearing the Peoria Havelina's hat which very apropos. I received the af the AFL schedule yesterday, so I know where all the games are and all the craziness. So uh, hat tip to you for the Arizona Fall League representation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of my favorite hats from last year. I had to get a Scorpions one too, because those are pretty sweet. They didn't have the size from my big dome this past year, but yeah, looking forward to it. Man, We're going to be out there and seeing you in a couple of months, which is crazy. So always a fun way.
Speaker 1: Hat size. Are you over seven and a half?
Speaker 2: This one is a seven. I go anywhere from seven and three quarters to an eight to an eight. Bruce Bochi, I'm a Bruce Bochie type.
Speaker 1: You're a Juice Williams type of guy. I remember Juice Williams Illinois. Yeah, you are a Bruce Bochie type of guy. I'm a I'm a strong seven and a half and then I think sometimes hair depending. I can even rock a seven and three eighths, that's the thing. So just had you know, as everybody knows they want to exc.
Speaker 2: I don't have any hair to worry about. It could be in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, you would be rocking the Bruce bochiness of it.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's get into action, Let's get into all of it here, Let's get into Juan Soto. When are we going to stop letting Joe do in perpetuity home run bets, especially for the best players. I think we should. We need to do like a draft or a wheel where we spin it and we don't allow someone like Juan Soto or Aaron Judge to be in perpetuity because, by God, he might end up taking this whole soucker down. He might take this whole soucker down. Juan Soto yesterday three for four, three homers for RBI in Tuesday's win over the White Sox. I also saw a stat someone put out that it was like career hits of Oneo Cruz one hundred and ninety two career homers of Juan Soto one hundred and ninety two, which and they're like the same age practically. Wan Soto so continues to defy the odds. And I believe that was his first three home run.
Speaker 2: Game of the year. Bubba, Yes, it was yeah, first of his career, our career, Yah, his career, first of his career. So yeah, he's ridiculous what he's doing to get a fat stack of cash at the end of this year. And on Bubba and the Bloom last night, we did barrel percentage in K percentage. Guys, one soda this year has a higher barrel rate than strikeout rate on the season.
Speaker 1: Is that for real? Hold on, I'm going to list that.
Speaker 2: Yes, he has a higher barrel Was this Aaron, Yes, a bloom board Aaron. Judge is the only other one to do it. Bloom didn't tweet it out yet. He might have tweeted it out this morning, but yeah, Judge is also on that list. And last year the only player to do it was Ronald 'cuon.
Speaker 1: I almost cursed. I'm gonna be honest with you, I almost cursed here. That wouldn't have been good. Twenty point two percent barrel rate for one sodo fifteen point four percent k rate. Here's another one. Many times have you ever seen a guy I mean, I guess it's probably one and the same. But his barrel rates also higher than his walk rate. His strikeout rate and walk rate combined, I mean, not like combined combined, But that's an absurd, absurd number. And would you say only Ronald Acunya had a higher barrel rate things.
Speaker 2: Last last year? Last year was a Kunya was the only one? Yeah? Wow? And right and right now Judge is the only other one with Soto this year, and Corey Seeger and show He Tany are like two percentage points away, so we almost have four guys.
Speaker 1: See this real quick? Do you think there was a bet that was out like a month ago or so where it was Aaron Judge versus the field and it was for MVP. Sorry, and I saw that and I was always tempted to, you know, play that field marker. Do you think that Aaron Judge is the unanimous MVP over onon Sodo? Because I would almost argue, like what Sodo has been doing, he should be the one. I know, like Judge, you know the home run totals are going, but I don't know, man. I look at what one Soto's doing and I feel like that's the MVP of this team.
Speaker 2: I'm with you because if you look at it, when one Soto's going, the Yankees win. When Aaron Judge goes, Aaron Judge just goes. So that's kind of how it works. So I'm with you on that one. I actually have a bet with Ryan preseason bet because they're drafted next to each other. I took Soto, he took Judge. They're basically the top two players on any player raider you see right now. So pretty fun stuff. That is pretty fun.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. By the way, I wanted to put these. These made me laugh. Jim not a seven and a half. I'm a ten in Jim's Thank you Jim, and Sabo Bubba is going to bankrupt a high school team with the with the trying to get those helmets, those some big helmets.
Speaker 2: You should have saw that helmet and those pads. It was a thick look going around campus.
Speaker 1: Do you think a man? This is the tough question. Where is Soto in the in the ranks of next year? Like do you think he is one, two, three? Like? How does that line out for you?
Speaker 2: It's funny because we started talking about that last night because next Wednesday we do our two early Draft champions draft, which everyone makes fun of us for. Yeah, and we figured it's wit Judge and I was totally o Tawny top three and then you have like your bets and Soto right behind him, it feels like bets Soto, Ellie, it's a so he's I'd say Soto is a top five six player right now in my opinion. Everyone harps on the stolen base issue, but dude, the four of the categories, he just destroys him.
Speaker 1: I mean he's gonna put up he might put up forty something Homer forty five, forty two, something like that, three hundred average. He's got one hundred runs already.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's already.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. That has to be leading. I don't know that there's there's something to be said that, Like he might be number two, like he might.
Speaker 2: Be like I think Wit is kind of you take him over Wit.
Speaker 1: Well, who's number one?
Speaker 2: Well you have Wit? You have show? Hey?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, showy? Was they gonna show? Hey? No, no show Hey?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 1: Wit too?
Speaker 2: And Judge. So it's between him and Judge.
Speaker 1: What you're saying, Yeah, I'm in I think you can go either way. I'm like Soda in that regard, like that's fair.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna argue that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe like head to head, Judge just for what he can do for Homers in a given week roto, maybe Sodo roto.
Speaker 2: So I think that's fair because I had had to head Judge could single handily whin you a week, like play a third of the season at least, yeah, at least where Soda might long term.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, we got a Soda over Judge. This is always a really interesting one retro saying this wait for MVP, but also that Judge and Sodo cancel each other out. There is kind of something to that when two teams have two great players. Kind of the conversation we had at one point about Otani and Mookie Bets and that, like they were so good and then like you throw Freddy Freeman in there, that might hurt a guy like Otani, But I don't know. I think I think they all kind of come to terms with like, oh, it's going to be one of those Yankee guys because of the ridiculous season. But one Sodo season just continues to get ridiculous, and I am it's very unfortunate. As we were talking, I got the home run board and just a gross thing to look at. Speaking of the Yankee zo, it's not all beautiful. Aaron Boone told reporters, I believe this was like the beginning of yesterday, jazz Chism been diagnosed with a left UCL injury. Oswald Perraza is going to be called up in replacement. This is the worry man, you know, in all of the like, you know, hey, the biggest beneficiary at the trade deadline is jazz Chisholm. I said that, and I want to say it might have even been Bogman. I don't know if Joe did it. You know, Joe might have actually also said this, and maybe he was the primary one. But you got to worry about the injury history with jazz Chism, and you're just kind of like, well, it's a short time period, it's two months, and then Jazz comes out absolutely hot, and then it happens. The injury bug, like he I called him a year and a half ago, called him the modern Gian Carlos Stanton. As far as just he is an injury plagued player. There's always something that's going on. This UCL injury. I hear UCL, and I assume this might be the year. I don't think they've given anything designation of it or anything like that. But absolutely devastating for fantasy people too, because jazz was taking another step with the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was. He got the injury or tweaked it worse, I guess diving headfirst into home plate. So that's always fun. Like you said, that's how he plays though, that's where the a lot of the injuries come from. But yeah, taking things to the next level. They have not ruled surgery off the table. They're gonna do a few more tests to see. Being an offensive player not a pitcher so much. Can he just do the rehab situation. But yeah, it's not good either way. I have a hunch he's done for the season or too, So that's no good.
Speaker 1: His highest batting average of any given month was this month in August with the Yankees. He had had a couple two seventy months, but he was hitting homers. He was stealing bases again too. He had nine in July, he had four in four and essentially thirty eight at bats this month. I mean, he really was taking a next step and that one's that's a pretty brutal blow. Brutal blow for the Yankees too, and everything they're trying to put together. We will Praza do anything for you. Yeah, your nay.
Speaker 2: I keep an eye on him. He's actually started hitting over the last month, he's looking a lot better. So if you look at a season stats, they're not great. The last month closer to three hundred, little power, little speed, Probably not anything except deeper formats at this point in time, but just keep an eye on him. That could be a late season stream.
Speaker 1: One big pickup for a lot of people. And the guy we talked about so much on this show, Junior Cameronaro Junior camerera official debut. I think this was did we get the new I don't remember if we even talked about this on Monday. I think it might have happened right after, which is totally unfortunate, especially now that we don't have the Tuesday Thursday shows, so we didn't get time to talk to you about it. But it did officially happen. I would say a mixed debut in kind of a little bit where I think things could go. Where he hits, he gets a single, puts up a one sixteen point three Max TV on that single, other three at bats, three strikeouts. So backtrack a little bit. I just did Prospect one and we were talking talking like me and Tim Kinnak were talking about the call up and kind of the insanity of it and trying to understand it, because I will still say this like this right now is the period where, like everybody would if you have real baseball on fantasy, you would look back and you would go, what are we doing? Why did he not come up any earlier? We completely lost the season for him. But then now we're also and this is more of the real life thing. He's also going to lose his prospect eligibility, so like, why are we doing this? I figured something out on the fly. I just want to point out. It doesn't really mean a lot to everybody here, but I figured something out on the fly. When I did Prospect one, which is releasing today, I remembered that September the days on the roster do not count toward your eligibility because there are two Yeah, I forgot about this and I remembered it live. There are two factors to losing your prospect eligibility for a hitter. It at bats and it's days on the roster. So if you looked at the call up, you're like forty five days on the roster. He's gonna max that out. No, he's not, because as soon as September hits, those days do not count towards losing your eligibility.
Speaker 2: Hey, the math eighte math in on this one.
Speaker 1: So he has like, let's say he had thirty four at bats last year, that was call it fifteen days, right, Let's just say that there's only eighteen more days since his call up or seventeen. That's not forty five days. So now all they have to do is not have him go one hundred and thirty eight bats to end the season and he doesn't lose his prospect eligibility. So Sebel says, I'm lost a repeat one last time. To lose your prospect eligibility, you have to be on the major league roster for forty five days or have one hundred and thirty at bats. The days would be gone since he just got called up, except per ten September doesn't exist. So now if if the team doesn't have him have one hundred and thirty at bats, he will be prospect eligible for next season. This isn't really fantasy relevant outside of you guys that maybe have fantasy leagues that you can hold prospects under if they're still prospect eligible. But I have not been able to understand why would they bring him up right now, when you're getting almost nothing out of him and you're going to lose his prospect eligibility, he might not lose his prospect eligibility if they have him sit games, and three strikeout games might be a reason that they maybe play him two out of three days. So if he doesn't have one hundred and thirty played appearances, he can still be a rookie next year. So just I wanted to unload that. I know it's it's obviously confusing. It's a weird, stupid baseball rule that September days on the roster do not count towards your prospect eligibility.
Speaker 2: Why, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: All of that said, you saw the good and you saw the bad of Junior Camonaro. Everyone's going to roll him out. He's obviously a must pick up at this point, but I am not sold a that he is going to play every single day and B that it's really going to be massively fantasy relevant. You're going to see some of the pitch recognition stuff with those strikeouts, but one sixteen also shows you the pure raw power bubble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, the talent's great. Now you clarified so many questions I had because I had we had this long discussion last night, like what are they doing? They're going to lose the perks to all this. It made no sense. So they're like part of me and you don't have to know the answer this obviously is if games don't exist in September, then why do they have bats exist in September? Like that doesn't make any sense, Like we can't it's that's bizarre world. But that's it's an old up, So there you go.
Speaker 1: It's an old rule to the forty man remember in September when forty mans and all the guys would come up on the roster. So it was a rule that like the teams wouldn't be penalized with their players if they're just sitting on this this raw. Yeah, and I don't and it they never changed it, so that's viable. So like I know, it's it's a way. I'm just pointing, it's a way for the race they manipulate. Manipulated loophole. It is a definite loophole. Yeah, and you know they're gonna find that loophole. But you know, pay attention to what J Junior Camenaro's games games used or actually are and a great sign to the pure raw power one sixteen is there. Let's see how he adjusts. We know adjustments have been kind of up and down. Speaking of another prospect, James Wood four for five double in an RBI, three runs scored yesterday. All three of Wood's hits were one oh two point five or harder, which is very impressive, and he's now up to a two eighty three bat batting average with a two seventy OBP. The free James Wood campaign has worked out very well, and James Wood has been the prospect you've wanted to own really from the onset. He's the only one that has kind of maintained that Jackson Holiday is back. Obviously, Cam and Aro has been a disappointment because he hasn't got called up. But James Wood is the guy next year, mister Casey Bubba, James Wood or Junior Cam.
Speaker 2: I'll go James would. I believe Camon Arrow is pretty darn solid, but I'll go James Wood on this one. I love what I'm seeing here and he keeps getting better. You mentioned like the improvements last sixteen games, nearly hitting four hundred sixteen run score thirteen rbiyes a couple of home runs, four steals. He's doing it all, so I'll take that.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for even like I just broke the chat's brain. Did Yeah, everybody's brain.
Speaker 2: Trying to it looks like Charlie from Always Sunny right now trying to put the board together.
Speaker 1: Sabo said, my GPS sent me to a cliff, Like everybody, I just broke everybody's brain with that. All I was trying to tell you is if there's a really smart person in the Rais organization, this is why they did it here. Because they found the loophole of how to continue to manipulate and hold him hostage. They can continue doing that. Another rookie, Zebbie Matthews, who we talked about. Zebby has been a pickup for me mentioned I saw you tweet about this stat. I talked about this on Monday. But seven walks in the minor leagues all year, I don't care what level it is. Well and Irony, we're gonna talk about it in a second. It's I mentioned it's George kirby esky yesterday, but it's that same idea of a guy that can hit high nineties with a fastball. He commands really well. He does not walk guys, and kind of due to that command, he gets higher K numbers. That's who Zebby is. Well. Zebby went out and had a really solid outing, two earned runs over five innings, struck out five, did not walk anybody. I'm gonna pull up his other metrics here, but why don't you talk to me what you thought about Zebbi because I think even though the rookie pitchers are really volatile, he was kind of a must pick up for me just based on his arsenal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was outstanding that the arsenals, like you said, is a lot of these rookie guys, there's volatility in the command. That's just kind of what we see. We're not seeing that with Zebbi throughout the miners. And you got the quick jump high aaa as you've probably discussed as well. But seeing him do it against a Royals team that's hitting well, he struck out Bobby wit for crying out loud like that's pretty good STUF. So I'm very intrigued with Joe Ryan essentially out for the season, Chris Paddock still is barely throwing a baseball. There's room for David Festa and Zebbe Matthews to coexist for a couple of weeks if not the rest of the season. I'm very intrigued by that potential out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and looking at his stuff, this is interesting because this is this is how I think that this is the type of guy. How he's going to get away with stuff. On his fastball. He had fifteen swings against the fastball, only one whiff, So I don't see this. This is not going to be one of the like they're going to be looking for other stuff because the inverse he had eleven called strikes on the fastball, so it was a atrocious whiff pitch, but csw percentage you know, shout out to fast and pitcherless thirty two percent. That was the second best of his pitches. So the overall value when you put in called and strikes, the fastball gets it done. It was a low percentage slider with twenty five percent with right but thirty eight percent on the cutter. And you know, he maintained all his zone stuff. He actually had a really low in zone swing percentage on pitches. So I think that part has to do with like them not knowing and having a pitch mix on this guy, but he kind of kept you know, fastball in the zone, kept the secondaries out of the zone through a little bit of a curveball in there. I think there's just a lot to be positive about. He's a guy that I would probably keep rolling out there, pick him up if he's available. I thought that start was a really good one. A bad start was my boy George Kirby, who was obliterated for eleven earned runs, thirteen hits, three and two thirds of an inning. But I don't know. I would be fascinated to know if like a DFS contest was messed by this or something like that. But they then ruled later an error which took away I believe five of the earned runs. Yeah, five earned runs. It took away. And I saw Scott White tweet this that he's era in one day went from three to one to three seven down to three four when it was fixed, like BP pup up. That's how much it changed. Kirby got absolutely obliterated, and unfortunately he's good for like two of these a year. He's good for like two of these outings every single year, and there's no rhyme or reason when it's gonna happen. Why it's gonna happen. But he was absolutely destroyed. There was a Grand Slam in there, thirteen hits. Jake Rodgers were gonna talk about in a little bit, and let's see the fourth would have left, and yeah, they were talking about this is a note on rotal World. Was interesting. Was like like even the Grand Slam wouldn't have been a home run in a lot of other places. So it just he gave up just some poor hits, some poor luck in there, and he just gets locked out for like two or three games a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's it's pretty wild how these great pitchers all have these hiccups, and it just stinks that it happens in mid August this year. If you're trying to go for a championship, it's when you least needed this to happen.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of disappointed too. I mean, I was clearly a really big Kirby guy, and I was like in a good spot with that three to one era. You know, he could have finished out the It's gonna be really difficult, impossible to finish under a three era at this point. It's gonna be one of those middling years. But I'm not sure. I'm not super big into the whole. Like if you extrapolate and take you know, two start but you know sometimes with some guys it would be interesting you take away two starts, what does it end up looking? Like? The only problem is how, like how do you account for pictures that that do this? Like is that built into that pre draft value of not giving them upside? It's it's impossible to predict, Like why was this the start where he got obliterated in Is there any special way outside of just maybe dropping them down a spot or two for these I'm trying to think of the other guys that do this. I feel like Logan Gilbert.
Speaker 2: Say, it's what they do in Seattle basically yeah, so no, it's a you can you can either drop him like a ranking or two or in reality, this is one reason why I like Roto. I know you're head to head guy, but just you know what you're gonna get for the full season stats. These are his full season stats. You're it's kind of baked into the projections and whatnot of what you're expecting from him. So in the end, he's still a low three e er, a guy with a phenomenal whip good strikeouts and you're gonna be happy.
Speaker 1: Do you think what do you think the percentage is right now of people roado versus head to head? And do you think it's changed over like this is say the last five years, Like do you think, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's been meaning there's probably more Roto coming over the last few years. But I still think it's heavy head to head people because most people that play fantasy baseball game from fantasy football, we know that whole story. So I and and most people play on Yahoo, CBS, ESPN compared to you know, I live in the NFBC world where it's all roto, So I'd still imagine it. I'd say it's at least sixty sixty five percent head to head, maybe more, but I think it's I gine it's a pretty large number still.
Speaker 1: So then do you think over the last five years, ten years, it's moved to a little like the percentage of it's going higher in favor of Roto, but it's still head head.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it probably Okay, it's probably seventy five to eighty percent head to head at one point, and it's just slowly shifting. But we probably kind of getting close to the you know, not moving much more point.
Speaker 1: I'd be very curious chat if you guys have any opinions on this or anybody watching after the fact, you can do it on the YouTube. As always, we check them out, so interact on the YouTube. I'm curious. I was going to disagree with you, but then I realize, like points leagues are head to head and points leagues are very prominent, have always been kind of the og of things. The thing that does happen is I think once you've experienced base spend fantasy baseball more, you become a little bit more of a cry baby, and then you need rodo. I like rotos and stuff like that, and I've been killed by it, but we know that roto is the crybaby format of like, oh I was the best all year and I lost in the playoffs variance This is crazy, but like you become more jaded to it and you gotta play ROTO. I play a little bit more ROTO now, but head to head probably is I think you actually might be right. I wanted to go in and disagree. Now I'm thinking that you might be right that it was ten years ago way more head to head and it's moved into more roto because I also think fantasy baseball that's the growth period. It's just like you break into fantasy baseball, you play some form of head to head probably points, then you play longer and then roto kind of takes you over.
Speaker 2: And that's with more and more projections being used in fantasy baseball that caters to a roto audience compared to a head to head audience. So I think that's more of a thing.
Speaker 1: And this is interesting, Walkee said. My fear is that roto is climbing because we're losing casual players who only want to play head to head. Yeah. Maybe, And I think that is something if you want to if you want to look at like the grand scope of all of it is, fantasy baseball is very complicated. It can be very complicated, and finding the best ways to make it easier. DFS really was the potential for that. It didn't catch on. Yeah, DFS baseball did not catch on enough. It is finding easier formats, and you know, football continue even though they they were so simplistic, they're adding in little complexities that people are loving more. Now everybody plays super super flex. Superflex is to what standard to PPR used to be if you know what I mean, everybody played standard, then they went to like half PPR PPR superflex. Is that popular now? Baseball hasn't found a way to like accommodate that, you know, de emphasize. Yeah. Yeah, they need to be less complex. And I guess the argument would be that's like a head to head to a format or something.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of ideas that have been thrown around, like monthly leagues or this, that or the other kind of change things up. In the end, do what you enjoy? Fantasy sports should be fun? Yeah? Would you enjoy it?
Speaker 1: Should always be fun. That's the most important thing. I would say that for me, the thing that we did being Bogman where we played the first half rot o and then we redraft and play a second half head to head. I think that's could be a really fun format. Yeah, and you know John mentioning that contest, I think that's been a big help. I also, this is the last thing I'll say on it. This is totally just like mind dump of stuff, but I actually believe that baseball betting could be a way, once it's simplified for people to have a little bit more for I know not everybody likes to bet and stuff like that, but understanding like playing ner fees or some props, that would be a way for people to kind of get reinvested in. But it's a very very good point wonky about you know, if Rodo is going up, that might be the death of the casual player, which you don't want. Nobody wants that. Let's do some three up and three down carry Carpenter three for five, two homers and three RBI. We lost Carpenter for like the whole season leading up to now. I think you tell me, Bubba, could he quietly be one of those players that we just see so little of in the back half of the year that's going to come at absolute dirt cheap next year that you're gonna want to target because he was quietly like a good player last year, just missed a bunch of time. This is what you want to see because he's probably gonna have a full time job again next year. Are you going to be in on the carry carpe under percent?
Speaker 2: I hope he goes under the radar. Riley Green's coming back next week. It's gonna be a crowded outfield. Maybe Carpenter doesn't play every day the rest of this year because of the previous injuries. I'm all about having him sneaker because he got Parker Metals hitting well. Like, it's actually crowded in Detroit right now, so I'd be all for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's one of those guys like the Joe won't remember because Joe left us.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, back to your opening segment about home runs, I thought it'd be present to win a prize, so like he should get booted from this that the chat should be able to pick his guy every day, not him.
Speaker 1: The problem is is he'll be back, Like I think he'll be here for the last episode, so like he'll show up.
Speaker 2: We'll then hit thirty five home runs on Friday of the last day of the year and figure it out.
Speaker 1: That's exactly all right. Who else we had? This is so funny. On my note, I wrote the stat not the player, but I know it was Jake Rogers with the Tigers, who was three for five with a homer and seven RBI. He was the decimator of George Kirby and my boy Michael King. There's been a w this year. Michael King six innings ten K's It was a little bit of a rough start, but Michael King has a low three ERA and he could play around. He could mess around and get a sub three ERA. This year, strikeouts have been there been one of the big beneficiaries of the padres. I also think he's one of those guys that is not necessarily being value to what he truly is. I don't think I think people have that taste of early season Michael King and stuff like that, and he just puts up some big ones, some not great ones. Seth Lugo four innings, seven earned runs. Dude, the three downs should be called the Colin Ray. I guess every year, I feel like we have a guy that's just like consistently on it. Colin Ray is always on this. Six innings, he gave up seven earned runs. And why I kept him on this because I wasn't going to give up four homers. I mean, those are the type of guys you want to target in the home run contest. When Colin Ray is up, look at the other team he's playing and who the home run hitters are, and target Colin Ray. And then Ryan McMahon for four with four strikeouts. I picked him Bubba because since he has not if you remember he's gonna get traded, gonna get traded, then the Rockies are like, nah, we good, We're gonna hold on to him. He's such a superstar, he's the best. Since not being traded. The beginning of August, he is hitting one oh five and has only two games with a hit. To be fair, those are both multi hit games. But he has two games this entire month where he has a hit and he just put up the old golden sombrero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a rough, rough go for McMahon of open. It's just a couple of weeks slump because he was having a very very good season, all Star season. Some might say, so, yeah, it's not great right now. And he did that in your backyard, so it must have felt good. You got some air conditioning for free. Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well there are so many articles out here so funny Chase Field. It's one hundred goa jillion degrees out out here and it's a lot of air conditioning. They should do a better job. It's been for what a reason. It's kind of human and Jordan Montgomery has absolutely been doing the like I don't want to have an I don't want to give up make any excuses for my poor performance, but it's really humid. Well, he's gonna go today, probably get lit up by the Rockies. But like it actually has been. And now like the Arizona Central, they're like writing article like they're writing articles about it. Like it's just wild about all this. So we could use some more wind power for sure. Another quick quick follow up. The chat's still going about this. This is interesting. Lee said he stopped playing non keeper leagues, and that's actually something I would really be interested to look at. I would bet you the percentage of keeper leagues per sport is higher in baseball. There's more physical football because there are a jillion more football people playing. But I would say the amount of people that are playing, if just a pure percentage of players, I would think keeper leagues are higher in baseball than they are, dynasty keeper leagues than they are in football. Would you kind of go yeah?
Speaker 2: With the prospects surge over the last probably three, four or five years, and you noticed, analyst wise, how many more guys are covering prospects, dynasty leagues are going through.
Speaker 1: The roof, especially if you differentiate keeper to dynasty because I think there are definitely lots of football people will play like, yeah, they'll play like two or four keepers. But I would say a pure dynasty, I would say dynasty is not even close. I would bet there's like one percent, zero point five percent of fantasy football players play dynasty, which is a primary keep everything. Where I would bet baseball there's like five to ten percent or something like that. Keepers different because a lot of there's a lot of keeper formats in football where you keep one or two or something like that. Again, just kind of fun conversation. Injuries could tell Marte by the way the number one second baseman agree or disagree case above in next year, the number one second basement in fantasy.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can go number one yet. He's having a heck of a year.
Speaker 1: But God, say, guy, you're going I don't know.
Speaker 2: I really have to look. I don't want to throw anybody out there. He's he's definitely in the conversation, is what I'll say. Like, Mookie Betts sounds pretty cool to me. At second base, he doesn't count.
Speaker 1: He doesn't count. He's right fielder. Now is a short stop. MOOKI doesn't count without Mookie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cant Tell's pretty close by. I remember in recent years some analysts I know from Arizona talking about the inconsistency of his power, the injury concerns he has. So are we still like he's all good?
Speaker 1: To that person, He's good, He's amazing, he's the best. He's the second in nl MVP odds. Arico. Arico got killed a little bit on Monday because he brought that up. He said Altuve over katell Chat didn't like it, and then he runs He ran a pole. The eighty three percent was Katel Marte over O Twove. It was like five hundred votes. That was like four hours then. So I was like, all right, I think that's I think that maybe answered it. But the whole point is low grade ankle sprain and he's gonna avoid the il, which is really great. That was according to Tory Lavello. Other injuries. JD. Martinez was removed from Tuesday's game against the A's with a left elbow contusion. X rays came back negative for any fractures, so he's currently day to dayvid Al Bruhan was removed from Tuesday's game against the Phillies with a right ac joint spring. That doesn't sound good. Bobaschett is scheduled to resume baseball activities within the next week. Those activities could be anything, so hopefully we see him pretty soon. Justin Verlander is going to make another rehabit a start on Thursday at Double A Corpus Christy. I would assume this is the last one and then that would line him up for Tuesday of next week, Tuesday Wednesday, something like that. So that's my assumption. They could throw him out for one more I suppose. Dan Hayes from The Athletic reports that the MRI on Byron Buckston's right hip didn't reveal any structural damage. Dude, I feel like we have like Dodge, We're like Neo and the Matrix. With Byron Buckson. This year, we're like whoa injury? Whoa injury? Just we have avoided every serious injury, and there's been like four of them.
Speaker 2: I think this year it's been pretty rough. In this morning, they said he's out again. If he has to miss a few more games, they'll go to the IL just to let him fully. But they're hoping to have him back this weekend. So it's just no major injuries like you're saying with Buckston, which has been nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian Walker's resumed some baseball activities though not that the Diamondbacks have missed him. All they've done is win games, and all they have had is an amazing josh Bell, I'm gonna take a big old w on pick him up, no matter what. Me and Joe were kind of going back and forth about that. I was like, pick him up, and he has been awesome. And then finally Yoshinobu Yamamoto through forty pitch bullpen session on Tuesday and is looking to pitch to live batters on Friday, and I'm assuming that's going to be with the major league team, which is lining up for him to come back maybe at some point in September, which I know everyone would be very very excited about. Get excited because we're now talking about some best bets of the day with not Joey p It's our other bald friend. It is Casey, Bubba and the Welsh. We're gonna give you our best bets of the day. Bubba has been pretty hot on here. Let's see if Tyler Fitzgerald makes it, because that's a Bubba special. Best Bets of the Day, brought to you by bet three six five and Betting Pros. All right, Bubba, what do we got? We got? We do? Okay, I didn't even.
Speaker 2: Learn with some prop bets as usual going for some high plus odds. So let's have some fun here. One Soto red hot. You wanna go over a half an RBI at plus one forty. His run prop was like minus two to twenty five his total bases. This is the only plus money prop really for one Soto, So I'll take my chances there at over a half an RBI against a bad pitching in Chicago. Give me Alex Bregman over half an RBI at plus two ten regular the hottest hitters in baseball, and you have Zach Lytle who has not been good, so I think Bragman could be fun in the middle of that lineup. And then Tyler Fitzgerald over one and a half total bases at plus one forty. I'll continue to take plus money on some pretty sweet odds for Tyler Fitzgerald, who went deep again on Tuesday night. He gets homes for Atlanta on Wednesday plus a beat up bullpen, so I'll take my chances at Fitzgerald's plus one forty.
Speaker 1: I had actually almost put that on mine. I was looking at the total base is on Fitzgerald. I think it was fred Dinger was just like, Hey, we need some Marico in here. Rico text me. It was funny. After Monday, he was like, dude, He's like, what a duo we are. He's like three and oh on my bets and you hit your home run call and I'm like, yeah, but I was going three on my bets, so I don't care. I don't care about being right about Corey Seger getting the home runs. I care about being right on the bets. He was three and oh, you guys have both been hot. You're not jaded by the year at all, so you're going at it definitely good. I'm not a big RBI better guy, but that's why they give such great odds. But they give great odds. I really like the Tyler Fitzgerald one where I'm going to go with it today. I'm going with first a Nurfee. We're gonna go with Cleveland and Chicago Tyne and Alex Cobb. This one is actually pretty good. Odds minus one fifteen. Both of these teams hit that like fifteen and below. I think Cleveland is like right at like the fourteen or fifteen as far as what they score in the first inning. Chicago, I believe is down in the twenties. But that's like a marker I'm always looking for, is you know, decent pitchers with offenses that don't score inside the top fifteen of first run innings or first inning runs. So Cleveland and Chicago no run first inning minus one fifteen. I'm going to get into the total based market. This one was one of the top total base bets over on betting Pro's prop cheat sheet. Give me Alec Bohm's going up. I believe against Edward Cabrera one point five plus one twenty. Did not have a hit in his last game, but I believe he has. It's four of his last six games he has this marker. He has like four doubles in his last six game. This is a really good matchup. Liked Alec Bohm and liked the plus one twenty. And finally, I'm got to tell you I teetered around this one, but I'm going with it. I am taking an under strikeout marker, and I am going under four point five strikeouts for Jordan Montgomery. It's risky because the Colorado Rockies are the biggest strikeout team in baseball, like twenty eight percent overall. They're striking out over the last thirty days to a round thirty two percent against lefties in general. But Jordan Montgomery is so bad. He's just so bad. He has struck out. If I have this correctly, I believe he has only struck out more than four three times all season, maybe even two, and it was against the White Sox, the Reds, and maybe the Reds again. It's like two or three times all season long. He sits in those markers. He just has not been consistent. Also, it's super humid here. I don't know he's been inconsistent. I'm going with the under. It's risky because of how much Chicago strikes out, but it's not risky because Jordan Montgomery is one of the worst strikeout guys. And it is plus one twenty five. They're really hitting you. You got to make a decision minus won sixty eight on the over, so they really think he's gonna get to five plus money on the under. I'm betting the under because Jordan Montgomery doesn't get the strikeouts, and I think, do you dig that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I want to add to that real quick. I like that a lot. For two reasons. They said that he might go short and have Ryan Nelson come in behind him, which could help you. Yes. And second I was actually wrote him up for something last night. Over Montgomery's last four starts, it's like twenty three and two thirds innings and it's like twelve k's and eleven walks. He's been atrocious, absolutely horrible. So I think that's a very very enticing one.
Speaker 1: You know what's really funny too, it's a who's actually gone up to it's plus one thirty five I see right now. So I'm taking it that piggyback is really important. I'm actually surprised. I think they should inverse it. I think Ryan Nelson should start out and then they should go to Jordan Montgomery because he complains about how hot it is. But they're going the inverse. So if the short inning goes in, I think that works out well. Jordan Montgomery under four and a half. Alec Bohm total base is over Cleveland Chicago. Nurphy Bubba has got the Wan Soto RBI over Bregman RBI over and Tyler Fitzgerald over one and a half total bases. Lots of plus money in there for you guys to have fun and hopefully you do with our best bets of the day, brought to you by bet three sixty five and the Fantasy Pros and the betting Pros and the Welsh and everybody else. Babba, home run call. I think you've been pretty hot at this as well. I've talked to Joe about this, Arico. If you guys were playing all season long, you would probably be up on this board because this is going to gross everybody out, and I wish you were.
Speaker 2: That's Joe Piece of Peeples Friday. Now here we're gone.
Speaker 1: He's moving up the board. I know he's moved up the board. I believe I'm at thirty now. I think that's the number. Thirty three is the very bottom. Jim Poppin is on there. Joey p is tied first or he's at thirteenth with thirty five. Homers Wonky one spot ahead of him with thirty six at twelve. South African g and b Trot now have the lead el scale I think has had it all season long, so this is a big change. They must have had Sodo. Hell, scale's down at forty one. We've got Larry at forty that's the top four. I am officially, as Fred Dinger says, I am at thirty. So I am still getting close, but I'm just not quite there. Buba, what do you got today for your home run?
Speaker 2: I want to keep picking on zach Lda like I said with break Been, so I'm gonna go with yord On Alvarez. Dude is just heating up in a big, big way, and I think I, oh'm a little apology for the grey godin comments last time I was on the show. So uh, yord On Alvarez and say it goes deep in Tampa today.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'm going to go with the Rafaeld Devers. Give me the Rafael Devers. It's a really good pitching matchup. God dang, I had it. I just didn't write it down.
Speaker 2: Who are they going up about Boston? That is a great question.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, now Boston is going up against This is just going to kill me. I wanted to give the stat right, I should have wrote it down, but I'm a big dumming Oh Texas and the pitching matchup, which I cannot remember it.
Speaker 2: Oh, is it too much yet? It's official, but it could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh, Dane Dunning. Ding Dunning just head bullpen game. But Dane Dunning also has a horrible set up there. Dane Dunning has a two point five home run per nine give up right now. It's one of the highest of any pitcher today. Robbie Ray has it but short stints. I really like that potential matchup of guy that's giving up around two plus homers per outing to Rafaeldevers in Boston. Give me Rafael Devers on my home run call today and get me on that mode. Please, please, please please. You guys got more well find us on the podcast and on the YouTube. YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. Make sure you're subscribed on the podcast side on your favorite podcast app. You can leave comments and stuff on the YouTube. We can check those in. You can get in live every Monday, Wednesday Friday twelve thirty pm Eastern. We got Joe Rico back on Friday. And if you want more Fantasypros dot com slash chat, get into the free discord. You can make your home run calls. You can have so much fun and you can even upgrade to Premium a little bit if you won't. Thanks so much for hanging out with us. Fine Bubba at b d Intrich on the Twitter, you can find me at is It the Wells. You guys have a fantastic one and we will talk to you next time right here on leading off by friends, Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 2: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB