Speaker 1: Welcome back. All the Smoke Unplugged show number three coming to me. I'm always in La, but my brother Jack is in this hotel in La. Crazy story. So we just come back from New York. I get home, the nanny comes to me and the brand new computer that all the new shit we got for this show. Nanny says, I don't know how it happened, but your Ashton took a bath and somehow your computer ended up in the tub. So my shit is shot. I'm coming to you from my phone today. Anyway, life is still good. We got the dog Father, the one and only legendary Snoop. After this show, we're heading out to the compound. He's got Underdogs coming out, a new movie on Amazon Prime. Definitely looking forward to catching up with him and checking up that movie. Jack was good, Man, you came straight from New York to La.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, Man, and I think we're standing for putting me right while I'm at Man, it's comfortable.
Speaker 3: It's comfortable as hell in this hotel.
Speaker 2: I've been getting up on my rest the last two days ready to work.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I needed I needed to reboot, and Christina put me in a perfect location.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Jr. And Snoop those are boot those be two time offenders, had about two hundred and fifteen plus episodes. Anyone else you want to see? You wanted to get your hands on again? Pause? Get him back on the show for second round?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I got I got two. I got two requests. I would love to get Jamie Fox back on the show.
Speaker 1: And I think, remember how much he had us laughing before, and not to cut you off, how much we were laughing before we even started.
Speaker 2: Imagine that in person, love it. That'd be crazy too. I want to get Prime back on the show. Got to get primed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I talked to Prime. Yeah, he said he's definitely gonna sit down with us. So I just sat a couple of days ago, so we're definitely locking there. Mine would be Kevin Hart had me laughing, bro Yes, RT had me laughing, And then I would say, any of the you need the COVID shows we did, I mean we had CP three, we had dray Mondmember, we had E forty and Short the same time. I love to have them in person and get the fellowship. So anyway, we're gonna start getting round two of some folks. Great trip New York, Jack first and foremost, got a chance to sit down with John Skipper and Dan levittark you know, shout out the Metal Art team. Really excited about just teaming up with them and picking their brain, leaning on them, utilizing their resources. You know, they said to us, and I already knew, but you know, we bring a different dimension to what they do and they definitely value that. So I'm looking forward to that. I know you had conversations with both of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Man, Like you said, we bring another dimension, but we more like than we knew, you know what I'm saying. We got a lot of the same goals, and like I told them, mar the fact that they want to see us win and build what we're trying to build and what in the back does and give us the room to do it. I mean, that's no better appreciation to that. So to them, I just wanted to let them know that we're going to do our job and we appreciate had been believing in us. But this is the dream team put together. They better they better watch out. We coming crazy.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know it's crazy to me. That makes me smile. I've been thinking about ever since. I mean, we just got we just got blessed with an amazing new drive from the DraftKings, and Dan said, oh this this, this money you just got is nothing. Oh shit, talk to me, talk to me. So now definitely excited to team up to them guys and look for us Man twenty twenty four were coming through. Yes, sir Jack stout out to our brother Donnis has Them who just recently got his jersey retired in Miami. You went out and gave him a shout out, gave him his flowers, said it was well deserved. And then our guy uh P Square Paul Pierce Chi Burt Paul said it was given opposed to earned. Obviously, I fuck with Paul heavy. We work out every day. You d and I came into the league together. When you saw what well, first of all thoughts like UD getting his Dredgey.
Speaker 2: Retired, I mean, like I said, felt like it's an honor for him because it felt like all the real ones you know that that will never see that day.
Speaker 3: It felt like we got our jersey retired.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, He's a definition of solid you know what I'm saying, the definition to stand on his moral he Laurel A. Lawyer, he'd been there for a long time, got multiple championship. He played his role to a t. We always talk about being a star on your at your role.
Speaker 3: He is. He's the mascot of that.
Speaker 2: So for what he's done for the city, being a hometown board, for being lawyer, the relationship he has with pat Rolly, what he's done to the team, the relationship we had, he has with the guys that come through there, and that's respected by the guys who come through there and won championships. Nobody deserves more the UD. So I just wanted to give miss Flowers from a real one to a real one. You know, I felt like my jersey got retired on that day.
Speaker 1: I love that, And I mean, if you think about his story, man, that's a fucking dream. Undrafted, three time champion right in your hometown. You played twenty years, an integral part, you know, played his key role, played his part like you said in the first championship. And then what I want to give him a shout out for, to me is the hardest part of what he did was sitting there knowing he's not gonna play and still have the right attitude energy, help direct the young boys, help keep the organization, you know, doing his part to keep the organization on track because Jack, you know, like it's hard. I mean it's hard for me to send on the bench and coach my kids. I couldn't imagine you know, sitting with all due respect, maybe his last four or five years he didn't get a chance to play, you know, play as much or hardly, but he kept the right energy, the right spirit. Remember he checked and always had to put hands on Jimmy at one point, and I think that team needed that. So to me, just a consemmate pro man twenty years again, three chips, definitely shout out to our brother ud now to the bullshit.
Speaker 3: Always Ball did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so what were your thoughts? You know when you've seen O G. Burn, you know, say what he.
Speaker 2: Said, you know, man, one thing about us, man, And you know that's why people come at us a lot. We cool with disagreeing. Like you can disagree with us, It don't bother us, you know what I'm saying, Like when P said that pe entitled his opinion, but at the same time, you know what I'm saying, I look at it totally different. You know, Pep had his battles with them guys. You know what I'm saying. They they probably got some type of beef for some type of some type of situation from when they played. I don't know, you know what I'm saying. They both my partners. But regardless how somebody else feels about somebody, I don't dictate me showing them love or how I feel about it. You know, they got their own thing. I don't get people shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean no, No, they definitely got smoke. I think on U D and Mike Miller's podcast, their new podcasts Ogs or something like that. Give me for mispronouncement, That ain't it, he said, And I just saw the clip. I didn't see the episode. He said, he'll it's on site still with Ticket and Paul that he would slap him in the grocery store or some shit like that. So I guess that was just kind that was kind of just I think that was just PE's rebuttal and to be honest with you, obviously, I don't want to see no funk, but I think it's funny. I think it's dope. Again, them guys battled, you know what I mean, And it went back and forth, and you know, won championships and lost championships because of each other. So I think it's good to see a little bit of old man, you know, reliving the glory days and talking this shit. But you know, I definitely think again. Obviously Ud is not a Hall of Famer, but he's a role player and he's a leader, and that's what I respect him. Like you said, a lot of us will never see that, but we're similar.
Speaker 3: Hey, let me say one with thing.
Speaker 2: If any player that comes to the NBA could be a lifer with any organization, they would love that.
Speaker 3: They would die for that.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, a.
Speaker 2: Team you played for, you pled for and gave championship too, and you still can be a part of it when you retire and still make good money. Like every player will want that, So don't knock you d for that.
Speaker 1: And keeping really like Jack in your hometown, you know what I mean? Like how like you still at the crib too, So it's just like that, Like you live in another city, bro, you in where you grew up at, you know what I mean. So I love his story, I love his journey and definitely happy for him. Uh, speaking of Jersey's going up, Jack, there's still some jerseys of Hall of Fame players that that that haven't been retired yet. One is obviously BC half man, half amazing, our brother, Vince Carter in Toronto, that jersey's not retired, which is fucking crazy. Kevin Garnett in Minnesota, that jersey's not retired. Fucking crazy. Dwight Howard in Orlando. Unincredible, incredible. Again, we always had, you know, we always shut out Dwight because you know, we know how good he really was. And I got a chance to play with him, and that dude's nothing to play with. But he doesn't have his jersey, uh retired in Orlando. Unbelievable thoughts on thoughts on those three guys right there, And I'm sure there's more of a missing some, but just those three come to come to name.
Speaker 3: You know, just Vince alone.
Speaker 2: The Nets and motherfucking Toronto should have been retired. Ben Jersey, Like, I don't know what the fuck is going on that, Like some people would just never be drafted by first team all common sense, bro, they did, they would never be on that team.
Speaker 3: It don't make sense. And KG like what y'all waiting for?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't understand is that these three people you named, it doesn't even make sense why these people Jersey are not retired. But what they did for the game, for they did for these organizations, it's like stupid not you know. I even throw one more person in there, dog and I really, I really feel like this, this person Jersey needs to be retired too. I feel like San Antonio need to retire Elite Rose Jersey. I really feel like that. But what he did for the organization at the time he was there.
Speaker 1: Okay, shit, if you say so, I mean people are gonna be like, why Jack, what are you talking about? It will explain what you know, explain why or what he did or how important you felt he was to keeping things together.
Speaker 3: Well he wasn't.
Speaker 2: He wasn't there for allow those championships. But the time he was there, he was asked to play a big role. David I was there and I seen it. David Robinson was hurt, he was having back surgery, and they asked Malik to play center. You remember around the time Tim Tim didn't want to be a center. He always wanted to be a power forward. So the league at six six had to play a center. The league played center the whole year for two years when David was in and out, and then the year he had to play center when Day was hurt most of the year.
Speaker 3: We end up winning the championship.
Speaker 2: So for what he'd done in the role he played when David Robinson couldn't play at the end of his career, when they still was depending on him, he stepped up big time at sixty six and played center and power forward.
Speaker 1: On top of everything you mentioned, He's just a great human being.
Speaker 3: Great dude. He's working in the league now. I think for the Hearts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know seventy sixons are the Hawks one of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out Malik Rose. Great dude, something new, which I kind of like Jack, because you know, we know and we don't want to sound like these all motherfuckers are talking about back when I played. But when we played, you know, it wasn't as friendly of a league as it is now, and we were friends or guys could be friends, but on the court it was war, you know. And I think this is not just the NB. I think overall AU. I see it like all these kids are close, and all these guys are close, and these guys the leagues are close. So I say all that to say, Aunt Man and Shae got into it the other night, and I think it was good, but I'm kind of break down what happened. That was the game where you know it was a back and forth game. Ant got fouled down the stretch and missed all three free throws, which winning can't do that first and foremost. And it's one of my favorite players though, but Shay is also one of my favorite players. I think Shae finished with thirty four. How many Shaye have? They had thirty three and Ant had nineteen. But then postgame is work kind of got funny where Ant says you can't touch him or any touch them at any time during the game. It's super hard to beat. The team is a good team, especially when they get calls like that. Shave follows up, and one thing about Shad is he just doesn't really do too much talking period.
Speaker 3: He just drops the ball like he just hoops bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all his captions and his igs are normally a bar or a gym. So Shae follows up with the crypto caption that says, they talk about me and the they talk about me for my post game, not my post game talk about the niggas code in the post and you don't have to worry about what he's saying in the post game. So I think that was obviously a little shot at But tell me, how good do you think this is for the comedy, especially with two of the best players in the world going at each other.
Speaker 2: Great for the league. I love the competition. You know, we know both. We know both of these young kids are stars and the futures of the league and stand up kids. We know it ain't gonna it ain't gonna go no farther than the court. So that's why I love it. I know it's just basketball, but a man I got him and a man both fighting for m v P. But and man, this some this some this some game from yo, g bro. When you miss three free throws to send the game in overtime or to win it, you can't say nothing in the post game.
Speaker 3: You just star. You just start.
Speaker 2: So three the three free throws, that's what you should be harping on. You shouldn't be harping on the files that that that shot got. You know what I'm saying, because you went to the line a lot too. So just just some free game, no hate, Just give me some game. Take care what you take care? You get them three free throws, the game might end different, but I like it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I like both of them. They both they both my two front runners for MVP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to your point, I mean Shay had thirteen free throw A tempts and had ten, so it was right there. But again, my favorite thing about all this is SGA is only twenty five and then it is only twenty two, so this, this is going to keep going, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. Jack, something interesting out of San Antonio. Somewhere you win a championship. Spurs staffers don't text when min Yama past nine thirty because they know he'll be in bed reading. So I guess he's on a real strict routine of just you know, figuring out what his routine is while he's in the NBA. All of us have routine, but this guy, I guess he's he's to the point he's sticking to us something that he came up with where you know he's in bed by nine thirty reading, and then I guess lights out. I kind of laughed again. First of all, before we before we say anything else, we respect the shit out of this. We just laughed because it was so far from what we were. But Jack think, you know, thoughts on his you know, his discipline, his routine and you know whether that a serving well or.
Speaker 2: Not a man, stick to your routine, stick to your routine, that the best for you. Because they tried to give us all the books, and the ones that didn't read the books didn't stay there and Longe so my game was read the book. Act like you know what that was going on in that motherfucker. When you ask questions about it, you better know it. Because the ones that didn't read the books, that was out in the club with me and doing all that they got out of San Antonio real fast. I wasn't reading book. If I wanted to read the book, I would have went to college.
Speaker 1: But whether it's read a book or read books or that's just his thing. I mean, that's his thing, and again I respect it. You know, one of our producers Texas this morning, when we talk about the story and he said what were you doing? What were you guys doing at ninet thirty? I said, smoking, drinking and enjoying the female company.
Speaker 2: So maybe he can be Cat Williams record and reading books, didn't Cat Williams say, you're like nine thousand books or some shit like that.
Speaker 1: A year for six thousand years since he was little shut out Cat. After all, this ship dies down because again I don't want to do it for you know obviously what he did and fifty million views on the show, like I don't want to do it for the wrong reasons and the drama. Cat is just my homie for real. Yeah remember yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it. That was a movie I was producing, Meet the Blacks, you know what I mean. I was out there fucking with my man, Deon Taylor. That was the first time Deon Broughtcat and Mike together and I hit Jack out in Atlanta. Cat is just a funny mother, him and Mike, Him and Mike apps for the first time back together. There was so much joke talking and ship talking. Bro. It was so much fun. So I just want to sit down with Cat soon once the dust settles, and just chop it up and check in with him, man, especially after I seen him taking a shirt off and run that forty their boys.
Speaker 2: Fay and and I've seen him with my own eyes. I seen him twenty blunts and he didn't roll not one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh heavy heavy. I went out. I went out and stayed with him one time out in Atlanta, and we golfed and everything. But when I tell you, like Bro has what he says he has, like the women around and women rolling, and like they worked for him, it's it's a far It's a well oiled machine. And we went out in golf and I played better than him.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: He was so mad that I was playing better. He was cussing. He was mad as fuck. But uh, anyway, man shout out our dog Cat Williams. So I don't know how we got on it, but uh, definitely looking forward to catching up with him soon. Something really dope, you know. Obviously, Chris Repers, my og you know, took me under it took me under his wing when I was in college and would come home in Sacrament on work in the summertime and and and you know made me leave a guaranteed deal to go play with sac at you know, at the end of their run. And then I was a throw in trade when he went to Philly and really kind of came like a big brother father figure to me. But most recently the Fab five was back together in Michigan, the whole, the whole squad. Uh. Great to see those guys back Jack. You know, obviously there's you know, we're not sure exactly what it was, but Javin and Webb were see an eye of eye for a while. But you know, obviously Juwan Howard over there coaching. They said, Jim Harball is instrumental, and you know, getting Web back on campus is what we heard. Not sure if that was the truth or not. But when you see all these guys back together and know what they meant for us growing up and what they meant for culture, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: I loved it, bro.
Speaker 2: I love to see them back together, not only the Fab five and what they meant to us growing up, and you know, being able to be showing us that where you're from or regardless of how you grow up, played basketball and where you'll shorts and be who you are. But also you know, they had two guys. You can't you can't have nothing fabulous without having somebody from Texas. And they had two guys from Texas, you know, Ray and Jimmy, both guys from Texas, both a little older than me, guys that were starts in Texas on the high school scene when we were coming up. So it was good to see those guys come back. I hope they all get they just do. And I hope some kind of way that these guys can get some type of benefit back from all the stuff that was stole from them over the years, you know, the money to endorsements, all the stuff that they did for the game that a lot of players in schools are benefiting from them down. I think they deserve some type of jazz do so to see them back together, hopefully that inspire somebody to put them back in the game, some type of way put.
Speaker 1: Their abandons up. Man, was that two Final four runs two years before? These guys bounce? So uh and then another Now I've been talking shit to web because obviously the Detroit Lions are coming to then we're going to get to that a little bit later, but coming to coming to the Bay to get down with the Niners. But when they won their first playoff game, I hear, well, was they congratulations to your state, your city, and your family, and he hit me back rolling. I mean, there's such die hard Detroiters that the fact that the Lions are popping now so so obviously after seeing you know, however long there you know, there was disconnection with the Fab five. Makes me think, Jack, is there any rivalries or people that are kind of beefing, whether it be sports or any cross across sports in general, that you would like to see, you know, squash it? You know, you see MJ and Barkley, you know at one point were best friends. You know, Charles talked about it, We had them on the show. They have a little fun obviously, MJ and Isaiah. Isaiah talked about it on the show. Uh, you know they have some smoke Russe and KD. Not really sure what that was, where that's at, but they were incredible when we're together. Any other that you think of or just thoughts in general on you know, these guys squashing it and moving forward. Uh?
Speaker 2: For me, you know two people that I admire, two people you know that I looked up to in basketball.
Speaker 3: I want Scottie and uh MJ to to fix that.
Speaker 2: I think it's important for them to respect each other, to have a relationship for what they've done for the game. You can't you can't think about Mike without Scotty. You can't think about Scotty without Mike. You know what I'm saying. So the fact that it's a little friction and all the stuff that's going on with the family and stuff like that, which we that we really don't know all of, but we know it's not where it should be, the brotherhood where it should be, you know, with Mike and Pip. I hopefully they can they can come back and fix their relationship because I think the world want to see that one.
Speaker 1: That's a good call. I got a chance to sit with Pip the other night because our kids played against each other in a high school game, and you know, we chopped it up. Definitely didn't discuss that, but yeah, I mean I would agree. But you know, I think the cold part is Jack that I don't really think Mike gives a fuck.
Speaker 3: No, he don't, just.
Speaker 1: Gives a fun, right, So you know the fact that I think it would be good for the sport and good for all of us. And obviously you never want to leave on on bad terms, you know, with someone you love, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. You know. You see Shack kind of saying how much he regrets kind of leaving, you know, stones unturned with Cod before Cob. You know, unfortunately left us. So you never really want to see that because you know, like you said, you know, all these guys are great and it would be great to move past it. But another point, we just know Mike. It seemed like Mike don't really give a fuck about none of that. Anything we say. He don't give a fuck about that. I am Bucket n C Double A man, the n C Double A. This story is crazy as fuck. N C Double A just rewarded two players the ninth season of competition. What the fuck is going on? Jack? I'm gonna let you get into this first, but I really have an opinion on this and I don't like it at all, But go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm honored to make this announcement on all the Smoke today. You know, this is something that I've been thinking about, you know, and I wanted to do it for a while.
Speaker 3: I never thought about it.
Speaker 2: But the fact that this news came out with the guy getting this ninth year, you know, with me thinking, you know a long time on it and talking to y'all about it. I'm gonna use my four years in college and I'm gonna come back and play football. I haven't I haven't said anything to anyone but this is a news flash.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I know it's gonna go viral. When I said prime, I'm actually working out getting ready. I see uh you know, I see, I see you still asking people to come to the school. So think about my wee homeboys. I don't want no favors. Just let me come out dam practice and show you what I could do. I know they got a new coach.
Speaker 1: You also said, Jack, Jack, not to cut you off. You said you're not the full field though, where only you're gonna only be used in one area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, all teams if you look forward to bring me to your program. I've always been starting my role. I know what I'm good at. As you see, we've been successful, you know, for a long time. So I know what I'm good at. And at this point in my life and age, I'm a red zone receiver ten yards in.
Speaker 3: Give it a shot at the.
Speaker 2: Corner, throw it up. If I can't grab it on one or two downs, just sit me down.
Speaker 3: I know my role.
Speaker 2: I can't make it all the way up the field. I'm not coming across the middle, only in the end zone. So for all the schools that's out there that are looking for an athletic UH six and thirty pound receiver that can catch h that's not scared, that's that's a known champion on every level he's played on.
Speaker 3: Think about bringing me in to your school, but Prime, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he also blows dope and is not a very good student. But I don't know if any of those matter. I don't know if any of those matters. I don't know if any of that shit matters. But if we just talk about fantasy, I'm all for it. Contact all the smoke productions.
Speaker 3: Nine years, Come on, man, nine years. Bro Let me use this, oh man, Man, let me get mine.
Speaker 1: Man. I don't like it because we both got kids coming through the pipeline stack, and all of them, you know, we'll go to college at some point. And you see these kids that are twenty three, twenty four, twenty three is out the back, twenty four, twenty five, twenties, Like, give that shit up, man, Like you're fucking up positions for kids that are seventeen or eighteen who are actually supposed to be in college. And I understand injuries happen and COVID happened, but nine years and this is I'm not even disrespecting y'all because this might be your guys, it's most like it's gonna be your last run, so I feel you. But nine years, like, come on, man, lets some young kid come in here and get a chance, because the way I look at is they're they're keeping one other person from getting an opportunity you having figured out in nine years. Bro, if you ain't figured out in nine years, with all due respect, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you and all you people that's thinking about doing that, listen, we know what you're doing. We know what you're doing. We know that you know. Once college is over, it's over for you. No more sports, no more getting picked first, no more jerseys, no more chicks, no none of that.
Speaker 3: We get it.
Speaker 2: You're trying to prolong it because you know you're not champion a professional talent.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: But if somebody that's gonna come in there and knock you out, you spot anyway, bro, But nine years it's crazy, dog.
Speaker 1: And it's not even because like I said, well, I don't even like to hate on people at all, but like I'm just saying that from a standpoint of like I know what kind of how you're clogging up the pipeline and how to transfer portals super weird now and got dudes staying an extra long. It's just it's just too much. Man. You got you know, and you got four or five years to prove yourself if you can't do it in that amount of time.
Speaker 2: And to my team, I need to pat in this because I pad my mother two lines already, but I need to patten this. Truth sounds like hate to people who hate the truth.
Speaker 3: It ain't hate, Matt, It's just the truth.
Speaker 2: You've been in school too goddamn long.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody hating on you. It's just the truth.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: How many degrees you're gonna get? You ain't enough of.
Speaker 2: Sports like sports people that's in school, that that's going to professional level sports three four years, not nine, So it's not gonna happen. Truth sounds like I hate to people who hate the truth.
Speaker 1: Cheers. Jonathan Majors dropped from the Dennis Rodman movie forty eight Hours in Vegas. Lionsgate was set to produce that. You know, obviously it's been a huge follout for him since the situation with his ex. And we don't really have to get into that. But Jack, I didn't really play close attention, but I did see the situation when they showed the video where he's trying to run away from this woman, and somehow, some way, uh, it still became an incident. So unfortunate for both people. And again, you know, we wish everybody the best, but it seems like his opportunities have continued to drop. So we say all that to say, if Jonathan Majors isn't playing Dennis Rodman, I think I have the perfect person to fill in for him.
Speaker 3: Who would that be?
Speaker 1: You? You yah yuack, y'all got y'all got the y'all, y'all got the same nose size. You guys are both got tattoos. You guys are both wild. You know you as an NBA player, so you know how to get down here. I think you're gonna be a good actor. Someone just said the other day that they really like your chops. Pause, and I think it'll be a great opportunity for you. So what do you think about me thinking that you can replace Jonathan Majors and play Dennis Robin. You must be so excited that you're silenced.
Speaker 2: Fuck, no, never, ever, ever, ever, no before you say.
Speaker 3: I will not be a star role.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, before you say anything, credit were still trying to get Ryman on the show.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just I wouldn't be a star. I wouldn't be the best Stephen Jackson in that role. I wouldn't want that one.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't want you to be Stephen Jackson. We would want you to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I couldn't play a good Dennis Robin. Much as our past I respect him and look up to him. I couldn't play a good hymn.
Speaker 1: But it's only forty eight hours in Vegas. It was the one time. And who told us about that where he bounced for forty of urs? Someone told us about that hour, didn't they? John Saal bounced with the Vegas party, got it in drugs, women, alcohol, and came back and with the work. I mean that sounds like something you can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean in real life, but not behind nothing out acting like somebody else.
Speaker 3: I can be Stephen Jackson and do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I could do all that naturally, we really doing it, but not as somebody else.
Speaker 1: Moving along, AFC and NFC Championships are set next Sunday. We're going to see the Chiefs first, the Ravens. Before we get into the jack I want to shout out Lamar Jackson. Man, if you remember a year ago, you know, last five games with injured, leaving up, didn't play media with shitting on him. Doesn't love the game, He's not hurt. Team was leaking information on him, all the major outlets. We're talking shit on him. No NFL other team would take a chance on him. And through all that, stay down, stay strong, stay ready, comes back this year and his front runner for the MVP. I mean twenty four touchdowns, seven ie tis, sixty seven percent completions percentage, thirty seven hundred yards passing, eight hundred and twenty yards rushing, five rushing touchdowns, obviously leading rusher for all quarterbacks, and five point five per carry, which is the leading rush yard per tempt for anyone who qualifies. So I just, you know, I say all that to say, it's just I hate when sports media paints these pitchers on dudes. And Lamar's not someone who talks about So he just had to sit back and his family and his friends and you know everyone had to sit back and take all the negative shit that was said about him and all those people that were talking about him last year, Jack, what are they doing now singing his praises?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Bro, But this way it goes back, It go back to Man.
Speaker 2: It's just that this goes to show that you still got all racist owners because that is just come from the media.
Speaker 3: That came from up top. Man. It wasn't the media saying don't sign.
Speaker 2: It was them teams getting together, them old races owners that don't know nothing about football, just got money, they got they got together and created a little coke.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna say we're not gonna sign him.
Speaker 2: When have they ever done that was saying we're gonna go in the media and say we don't want him.
Speaker 3: Off the rip. You ain't got nothing to do with me, probably not even talking to your team.
Speaker 2: But that goes to show that a lot of people involved in the game don't know the game. But talent, talent and doing what you're supposed to. Always with rise at the top. I'm so proud of them. Off of handlet the way he handled he got his money and now look at him an MVP season. Finna be MVP for the second time. Just just a lot of times. All you gotta do is let your product do to talk. You ain't really got pay attention to the nonsense.
Speaker 1: And all those teams that say they didn't want him. I mean, there may be three teams in the NFL that are probably set set with their quarterback. He's better than everybody else and he the best quarterback in the game this year. So uh, y'all, I hate you know again when the media does that shit. But is what it is. Back to the game. Mahomes big win yesterday the Bills kicker and it's the crucial field go to tie the game up. Uh, and it sent Kansas City to Baltimore for the nfor AFC Championship. You saw did you see Jason Kelce jump out the suite and drink beers with the fans?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I just feel like he had to come get some of that.
Speaker 2: I'm tired of seeing Taylor swoop every commercial, every high Like every time the Chiefs make a play, they go to Taylors their cheerleader. Bro. Like, I get it, Bro, I get it, but they milking it too much. They weren't doing that with Sierra and Russ when Rush first came in.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it real, y'all.
Speaker 2: Didn't have Sierra all over the commercials showing up every time Russ made a good play. Y'all got to stop that. But y'all making the two obvis.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swifts America Sweetheart. But it was good to get.
Speaker 3: Just the way they're doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, other no, they're piggybacking off her, you know, of of her startom. It's always the business. But it was good to see big Bro out there with no shirt on, coat as fuck, chucking beers at the regular I love that kind of shit again. Oh yeah, shout out Jason kelsey Man. Hell of a run. Hello a career, uh you know, great run and obviously a very successful I think that I'm one sports podcast in the world if I'm not mistaken. So I'm sure life after football will be great. But definitely salute you and salute Bro. Next week. Jack, who you got, Ravens, Chiefs, who you got?
Speaker 2: So I'm neutral, I mean, I'm I just got. I'm at this point, I'm rooting for players that I got. Relationship with my team is long gone. We're gonna be gone for about the next five seasons the way we the moves were making, so I I want to I want to see Lamar and and uh uh ob j get the championship, you know, because that's my I'm you know, I'm cool with obj and I'm a fan of Lamar, but I also on the on the flip side of it, I.
Speaker 3: Like I like the Chiefs, I like the quarterback.
Speaker 2: I think he's probably one of the best we've ever seen, you know, if not the best, and uh we we We've had Travis Kelson on the show and I bumped into him a lot. Super cool dude, man, you know what I'm saying. He's almost a brother. So I want I want to see I want to see them continue to have success. You know, what him and Mahomes has been doing has been amazing. So I'm just I'm just room for players at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just hope it's a good game. I feel the same way, you know, don't uh you know, fans of Lamar happy for the you know, oj Odell to be able to get back on his feet after all the injuries and and turbulence in his career. And then again, you know, a friend of the program, Travis Kelcey, and then I'm a huge Mahomes fan and what they do so definitely looking forward to a great game. Uh, Niners and Lions. I already know who you got.
Speaker 2: I already know who you got, of course you do.
Speaker 1: I gotta. I actually got a jacket here for you, Jack. This motherfucker got your name on it too. I should look good, don't that ship? Oh y'all ain't seen this one. This is a custom boy, Yeah, I wear Yeah. I'll bring you in honor of Snap Marley. We know your brother man rest in peace to the great Snap Marley. We know he was a big Niner fan. So should I bring that if you want? Today when we shoot at Snoop.
Speaker 2: Will, I would definitely cheerful. If I don't make it to the game, I would definitely. I'm definitely getting me a forty nine and jersey with my brother name on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we absinuely.
Speaker 2: I don't support no other team, but this is different, So I'm gonna I might give me a forty nine and Jeorge with Leado on it and wear it and support YI all the rest of his way.
Speaker 1: It'd be dope, I mean, because there ain't no reason to support the Cowboys heart moving on, Jack, this is dope. Obviously Detroit hasn't you know, been good in football. I think they haven't been to the NFC Championships in nineteen ninety one. You know, there was hard knocks with the Detroit Lions. I think a season and a half ago or two seasons ago, when Dan Campbell was introduced the former Lions player when they were terrible, and he had a quote, We're gonna kick you in the teeth, and then when you punch us back, we're gonna smile at you. And when you knock us down, we're gonna get up, and on the way up, we're gonna bite you in the fucking kneecap. Say fucking but I just want to add that just to kind of let you know where he's at. And again that's southered better. Two seasons later, these guys are in the NFC Championship. Man obviously another story Jeff Goff. Uh, you know that the switch for him and Stafford. Stafford goes in and wins the Super Bowl. Jared, excuse me, Jared Goff. Also also another you know a great storyline for Detroit is Jared Goff. You know the big trade for him and Stafford. Stafford goes out to the Rams and win the Super Bowl right away, and now you know, Golf has an opportunity to, you know, get his team to the Super Bowl, so you already know it's Bang Bang Niner game over gang over here. But another good debos fifty fifty. If we don't have d bo's gonna be scary. I'm not sold all the way. I'm party, just like I wasn't sold all the way on Garoppolo. So that quarterback position scares me for our team. But you know, outside of that, you know r D line is crazy and our linebackers are crazy. So we shall see. But it's gonna definitely gonna be a good Sunday too. Great games, Best of luck to everybody. I hope everybody stays healthy, and we'll see y'all in the Super Bowl. Closing Jack, we had a great run in New York. You know we're going out to do Snoop today after we dropped Snoop for his new movie Underdog. We're gonna get to our regularly scheduled program. We had Sebastian Telfair, Dan Levatar, Rock strickland Buster Rhymes, and I got Tim Thomas thoughts on that little New York run.
Speaker 3: Man. It was a it was a blessing. Uh.
Speaker 2: Great start for us for all the Smoke Productions man getting getting the meat Skipper and Dan Levittard getting to talk to them and you know what I'm saying, just get get being able to show them my appreciation, but also getting off on go start with Rode, with Rod Strickland, with Bassie, Tim Thomas, Buster Rhymes you know, and Dan Libertard interview was we got up to a great New York run. But just the fact that we were able to come together knowing where we headed, everybody getting to hear everybody ideas and really understand that we all on the same page and believe it in each other. It's a great way to start the year in January. So I'm excited to be a part of this team.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. A lot of great episodes too, you know. Obviously Telfair is Bassie's been being Bassie uh you know, back in the media. Uh and and and happy for him to be able to tell his story, even if it's crazy or even if he's a little uh burns out. When we had a blast with him Bust the Rhymes man, he sat down and talked to us for three hours and opened up and his peoples like yo, he's never sat down and talked to nobody like that. So great stories, uh that he told Obviously Rod Strickland. I really loved Rod the way he reflected Jack and and talked about you know, all the all all the and the ship that happened to him, his fault. Where could he have been better at? And to me, that's always growth. And then Tim Thomas, you know, with a grown man in high school, you know, bump heads with code for the number one player in your guys' class for a while and you know, had a nice successful career. So definitely looking for that run. We got a nice little slate in LA this week. You know obviously Snoop the legendary Cheech and Chunk, Yes, Rich Paul and who's the live one I'm missing somebody, Key Shawn Johnson. Shawn Johnson. So you're definitely looking forward to talking to him. Yeah, so man, good catching up. I'm gonna see you in a couple of hours. You can catch Unplugged every Tuesday on All the Smoke Productions YouTube. They're like, man, we're gonna see y'all soon. Peace,