Speaker 1: It's the Best Bif of the Week with Morgan Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody?
Speaker 3: It's Memorial Day weekend and I hope you're having fun and hanging out with friends and family and enjoying what this weekend.
Speaker 4: Is all about.
Speaker 3: And if you have no plans and you're hanging out with me, I'm so happy you're here.
Speaker 2: On Part one. In part three this weekend, Abby joins me.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of lives to catch up on since the last Best Bitch She's been on, she announced something huge about her relationships, so we finally got to talk about it, so check that out on part one. In part three, as always, we answer listener questions and time for the reason that you're here, we are catching up on the Bobby Bone Show, so let's get into it. Eddie might be on our TV screen soon. We had Britt Michaels Collin who is one of our radio friends out in Bakersfield, and he had suggested Eddie to be on Wheel of Fortune to the casting director and it caused a whole lot of drama on the show. Well, there may or may not be an update number seven.
Speaker 5: Okay, so on with us right now. We have Brent Michaels, who runs our station in Bakersfille, California, who has been on a bunch of game shows. Hey, Brent, good morning. Can you list off the game shows that you've been on?
Speaker 6: So I was on Wheel of Fortune earlier this season, and then twenty five Words or Less and People Puzzler, those through on.
Speaker 5: The Game show Network, but three game shows. They call him all the time now to be on shows or to recommend people to be on shows.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: On the show last week I had mentioned they reached out to Brent to say, do you know anybody who'd be good on Will of Fortune? And he submitted the names, Well a one show member, one show member, and that show member was Eddie.
Speaker 8: Wow, it's amazing. It makes no sense, Yes it doesn't.
Speaker 5: And so Lunchbucks got mad, Eddie got happy. Amy then kind of got a little salty too, because she was like, why didn't I get picked? But then you guys yelled so much she gave up on being angry.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That I was that salty.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, it's just a little mile salt. Yeah, mile so I wanted to bring Brent on to explain himself. Not that he needs to because he knows of his heart. But so, first of all, Brent, Eddie and Lunchbox are now in it. By the way, they're not on the show. There's no guaranteed place on the show.
Speaker 6: Right, Brent, correct. So they they reached out just saying, hey, you've been on it. Do you know anybody who would be a great contestant? And so yeah, at this point, like it's just starting the casting process. So I threw out Eddie's name. Here here's what I was thinking. You know, Eddie's got a great story. He's a dad, he's an adoptive dad, and they really are looking for great stories. I mean, the lady I played with is an amputee who helps other people who can't afford it get prosthetics. I mean, I'm just a regual radio person.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just one thing, adoptive, adoptive mom.
Speaker 5: Okay, you need to relax.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 6: I also did not take into account Amy's late grandmother, So my apologies on this.
Speaker 5: Okay, you have some people die like she loved.
Speaker 4: She really did.
Speaker 5: Anyway, we're not bringing Amy. I mean he's adopted. Dat guess he can of those two. If he's like, they're the best he can that's part of his story.
Speaker 4: He's looking for a male Okay, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Again Amy, She's like, I wasn't salty.
Speaker 4: I'm not salty.
Speaker 5: But if he's picking a big personality of the three, and he's like, I know it's not Amy. And there's these two and he's like, well, let me pick who has the better story, that's why he picked Eddy.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 8: Okay, So I was a foster parent too. I mean, this is not just a one dimension story.
Speaker 5: So story side Brent back to you. Sorry, Amy, sidetractus, go ahead.
Speaker 6: No, I I just thought Eddie would be a lot of fun. I thought he'd be great at it. And I mean, like, okay, to be fair, I did not notice at the time, but Lunchbox did say he thought he would be a one out of ten.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, you didn't know that. That's what I'm saying, better personality. You have got to be kidding if you think Eddie has a better personality than me, Like, what are you listening to?
Speaker 5: But what he's saying is he then heard? But no, no, but then don't Amy and then proved that he was right based on his first pick. Was it Lunchbox that he was one out of ten being good at will of fortune?
Speaker 4: Oh so he has like a good instinct about Yeah.
Speaker 10: He didn't say anything about who would be good at the game. He said better personality. That was all he was going on. He didn't say, oh I was looking, let me think who would be better at the game.
Speaker 5: He said, I thought Eddie had what he just said. Then he said he was proven right afterward to go because Lunchbox had a one out of ten when he said how good he would be? So anyway, Brent, back to you, buddy, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Well, and if if Eddie does proceed through the casting process, there is a part where you do have to play the game and show that you can do it.
Speaker 8: Wow, I mean that's perfect.
Speaker 5: And you thought you'd be about a seven? Yeah? Yeah, And how does the cast? Yes, how does Eddie is the best at game?
Speaker 8: All I do?
Speaker 5: That's room, that's true. He is the best of games on the show because we have a stack keeper that calls every year and gives us full staf.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's good because we play a lot of music games. Who knows music the best.
Speaker 8: Now it's not.
Speaker 5: No, it's not.
Speaker 8: We play all kinds of games.
Speaker 11: And I'm offended that he doesn't think I have a good personality.
Speaker 5: So, Brent, so what would happen next if they do like what they see with Eddie?
Speaker 6: Yes, so I think they probably would reach out to Eddie, invite him onto a zoom either by email or phone, you know, and he'll get a chance to talk to somebody and tell him why he thinks he'd be great on the game. And from there, you know, if if they really like what they see in those couple of minutes, then you know, they'll get you on another Zoom with kind of a higher up producer, and then eventually gets you on a zoom where you maybe like play with a few other people, like all together at once. And then yeah, if if you eventually make it on the show, then yeah, you get yourself to La to film with Ryan and Vanna Man.
Speaker 7: That would be.
Speaker 8: Awesome and I gonna win like the cash you would win the cash money.
Speaker 5: Hey, Brent, does it help to Eddie's Mexican for sure?
Speaker 8: I mean it doesn't hurt, yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 5: I mean they want to have a certain amount of men women yeah, but I got another one.
Speaker 8: I got another trick up my sleeve. They're gonna be like, what else do you have?
Speaker 11: Like, I'm dyslexic, Guys, I've been living with dyslexia and I overcame this terrible disease.
Speaker 8: I could win disorders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a Disney movie waiting to happen. So you didn't think about that, a guy with dyslexia winning Will of Fortune. I would for sure watch that.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So that's why Brent picked Eddie. Amy resulted because I also have dyslexia.
Speaker 1: So beautiful story.
Speaker 4: I'm an adoptive mom with dyslexia, and I feel like the only difference is, well, you're.
Speaker 8: Not hispanic.
Speaker 5: Only Eddie and I are.
Speaker 4: Bobby, you're not.
Speaker 5: Why not me too? So okay, but we know nothing. Hey, Brent, because they asked you and you recommend it, do you think Eddie will at least get a single follow up from them to meet with them or do something.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would hope, So, you know, because they're always looking for people to be on the show, and like, even without a recommendation, you can go on right now and submit an audition video and try to get on. I mean, that's like people do that all the time.
Speaker 5: That's probably how a lot do it. But if there's anything that he has to do on his own, AI doesn't get done. Oh here we go.
Speaker 8: Hey what if you get picked over me? Do but you do it the old school way?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I say, I'm Mostbox. I'm a Spanic af Aslexia, and I'm an adopted parents Edie's entire story. Okay, hey, Brent, so we'll keep you updated on if Eddie gets a call back, Amy, then you want to say to Brent.
Speaker 4: Maybe consider me for another game that comes up.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm sorry, Amy, Oh no.
Speaker 4: You don't have to apologize. Yeah, we just I mean, I get you have a you have a were There's a lot of us to choose from. There's a lot of talent and suggest me.
Speaker 5: Why am I not upset because you don't need him to suggest you?
Speaker 4: Because you feel like you'd be embarrassed by will Fortune Maybe, But what if there was another game you really wanted to play? Let's think about this and.
Speaker 5: I would go for it myself, and I have to worry about somebody recommended me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, never mind, I don't know, Lunchbox, I would be I suck at well fortunately saw it. Yeah, so that's why you don't care.
Speaker 5: Would be terrible lunchbox. Anything you want to say to Brent, you have ten nice.
Speaker 10: He's an idiot and I don't even know who he is.
Speaker 4: Hey, he gets reached out to about other games.
Speaker 8: He's dead to you, threat.
Speaker 5: Shock anything you want to say, yeah, just a few questions.
Speaker 8: When should I expect to call?
Speaker 7: Do you think.
Speaker 5: Roughly he's not the dude he doesn't know?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And is the area code like Hollywood? What's the area?
Speaker 5: Good question?
Speaker 6: Probably yeah, la, so I would think either eight one eight or three to one oh, probably something like that.
Speaker 7: All right, I'll be on the lift.
Speaker 5: Phone lights up at the Hollywood sign from anyone who calls from Hollywood.
Speaker 8: It plays party in the USA.
Speaker 5: I thought if I give you ten seconds, you would use it to thank him and say I appreciate that and not ask for thank you. That's how much?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, you Your ten second is up.
Speaker 5: But you said you wanted to kill him now that he's dead to me, no, he's dead, yeah, not to him, just dead.
Speaker 8: Uh, Brent, thank you, thank you, Brent?
Speaker 5: You uh are always looking up, got our back we appreciate it.
Speaker 7: It really doesn't.
Speaker 5: And we will let you know if Eddie gets a call.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, I'll see you guys soon.
Speaker 8: All right, they're on.
Speaker 5: Brent Michaels.
Speaker 8: He's awesome from Bakersfield.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Oh, lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he comes on and I just cannot understand where his brain goes. But this man forgot something huge with his wife and.
Speaker 2: She's not very high.
Speaker 5: Be with him. Number six, lunch Watch what happened with you and your wife?
Speaker 10: So our anniversary was a few days ago. Happy ten year anniversary to me. Thanks guys, big going.
Speaker 5: How were we supposed to know that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 12: You guys were all there.
Speaker 5: Oh we kept in our calendar when we went to your wedding ten years ago. Uh yeah, I'd assume that that's a big deal. Happy ten your anniversary, bro, Thank you.
Speaker 10: It was a big moment in your life, my life. And so during the day I got done work and it was a beautiful day. So I went and play golf because I was like, man, it's a beautiful day. Whatever, let's get some swings in.
Speaker 5: Did you know it was your ten year anniversary.
Speaker 10: I did some listeners that hit me online and said, hey, happy ten year anniversary.
Speaker 5: You didn't know other than that, No.
Speaker 10: And so I went and played golf, and then I guess my wife was annoyed by it. You want to hear what she has to say, Like, I don't understand. I don't get why she's mad.
Speaker 5: But you do get why she's mad at your ten year anniversary. But it's during the day. Maybe it's because you didn't even run a buy her Okay, let me just hear this yet play lunchbox his wife.
Speaker 3: Please tell him you're going mad because it was our anniversary and you went and played golf.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't play golf during the day. It's not like I golfed all night.
Speaker 13: I think we should have been spending as much time as we could have together, and the kids were in school and we could have been.
Speaker 7: Hanging out all day and you weren't here.
Speaker 10: But part of marriage is like doing stuff that you enjoy, right, I hadn't played.
Speaker 14: Golf all week one day that I thought we would be spending most of the day together and you were not here.
Speaker 9: For like five hours. Well, congratulations on ten years. Congratulations, I think you're being ridiculous. Okay, eleven, let's go.
Speaker 5: He asked the kids that they agree, congratulations, you go first.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I don't understand his thinking, and I don't know how she has she okay, I know what I want to say. She has the most patience of any wife in all the land. So Lunchbox, you need to make it up to her and do something, because honestly, she kind of just said you may not make it till eleven.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox, And I guess your side of the argument is it was in the daytime, but you could be back home at night, right, and that's when celebrations happen, and usually only at night. Yeah, when when are you most romantic at night? Now you're thinking romantic different though you're thinking of naked Well yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Mean who goes on like couples don't go on like romantic lunch dates.
Speaker 5: But they can if the kids are away, if that's the only few hours. I would say. The issue here is you didn't know when it was your ten year anniversary, and then two you didn't go, Hey, do you care if I go play golf in the day and we do something at night? I think intention is the biggest part of this. You had no intention, You had no knowledge of it, but you had no intention with her to go, I know it's a ten year anniversary. We're gonna do this in the evening. We got to sit her and I've planned this for you. Instead, you go and play golf, you disappear, and then you can I'm home and you're like, congratulations. I think that's the problem. Yeah, but what did she plan? Great question if in you guys's marriage, everything is supposedly equal, but she did know it was your ten year anniversary.
Speaker 10: And she didn't know that. Yeah, yeah, and so I mean she was just a little perturbed. I could feel the what do you call it, the cold shoulder, and I was just like, okay, why are you mad? And that's when I found out she was mad as a golf No, no.
Speaker 5: No, she wasn't mad because you golf, because you golf all the time. It wasn't about the golf. She was mad because you didn't want to acknowledge it and to explain to her what your intentions were. You were going to golf in the day, but then you had intentions and a plan for that evening. It's not about the golf. But the golfing is what got you in trouble because you didn't talk about it with her and you just disappeared and you didn't know it was your anniversary.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because I mean I look at it like when you go to a restaurant during the day, they have all the lights up. When you go at night, they having a little dimmer, you know, they make it a little more romantic. So if you go in today, it's kind of like it's just like hanging out with buddies.
Speaker 5: But maybe she wanted time without the kids. That could have been true, Eddie.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is tough because I like golf.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's not tough. But it's not about golf. You can't make it be about golf.
Speaker 11: And I understand wanting to play golf on a beautiful day. These days, we don't get a lot of beautiful days. However, However, I do think Lunchbox should have asked his wife, is it okay if I go play golf, I know it's our anniversary. The fact that he didn't mention it was his anniversary.
Speaker 7: What a devey.
Speaker 5: He got mad at us for not reminding him when he had to be reminded by our listeners. Yeah, our listeners know everything. You messed up. Now, you could have done this. Hey, I know our anniversary. It's a week when you said it was a week day, but this weekend. I've planned this for our anniversary. I want to play golf today. That's okay, that'd probably gone but perfect.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I could have done that.
Speaker 5: Now maybe I'll surprise her or something.
Speaker 7: Maybe we'll do so that's good.
Speaker 5: I bet you don't, but you should.
Speaker 10: Yeah, maybe I'll like make a tenner reservation some what a dinner reservation?
Speaker 8: I heard tinor.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go t wife on this. But I think you can learn from this. It's mostly just about being more intentional, a little bit more deliberate, and just communicating what you're doing. Amy team wife, Eddie Gosh, Well there's no gosh because you like golf, there's no wife. Yeah, you lost that one, but you can bounce back.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week With Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, there were some big life updates. Bobby played in a pickleball tournament, Eddie had an update on his real ID passport situation, and I may not be a jeep girl anymore.
Speaker 5: Number five, Let's do our life segment. Just check in from the weekend. What's going on in your life. I'll go first. This is my pickle Wall Metal from the tournament I won this weekend.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 4: So I purposefully wanted to hold off to figure out all the details.
Speaker 5: So I'm my body hurts. I played fourteen matches in one day.
Speaker 4: Okay, well fourteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the joints aren't what they used to be exciting. This is Bronze. I finished third in my tournament. I never played one before, and uh, I'm pretty happy. I they're right. When you win Bronz, you're just happy you got it. If I want silver, I'd be like, just sucks. I made up to the metal round and then you have to play with four people and I nailed a fence. I didn't even injure myself. This is why I'm such a loser. I nailed a fence diving for a ball and I was bleeding all down my arm. I ended up losing that by like two points, but I was so obsessed with like getting pictures in my blood, playing with blood on arm.
Speaker 8: You got one because I saw it.
Speaker 5: I get to get one. But I lost the match by a guy who I beat earlier in round Robin.
Speaker 8: Oh, I know his name was Robin.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: I played to get into the metal round, you had to play every you had to play like everybody on your side. So I played like six matches and I went five on one I think, and so one of the guys I beat into beating me killed my shoulder. It wasn't why I lost, because it didn't injure me. But I was just like, get a picture while I'm so, I'm an idiot that won. That happened again, and then I ended up winning the third place match against the one guy that beat me in the early round.
Speaker 8: Oh so that's awesome, Dudeyeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: I had no idea what I was doing. I'd play the tournament different if I could, because I went way too hard at the beginning. You're just trying to get into the final four. But I got third place in my match there. And I don't know much about the rating system. I had to sign up for a rating, and they rate you after you after you play, and so I'm like a three point seven eight or a three point eight at a five and a half after one tournament.
Speaker 8: That sounds good. You're almost there now, Yeah, you're almost pro.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: Oh well again, I don't know much about the scoring system, but it says if I'm four point zero, it's advanced. Oh well, you're saying, well, I didn't play anybody though that I could have got to a four point Oh all the guys that are playing were like three, five, three, seven thirty eight. So but everything hurts just because I'm playing all the matches.
Speaker 8: Fourteen that's a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fourteen matches and how long is how long is a match.
Speaker 5: To twenty one? And then once you get to the metal round it's best at three to fifteen?
Speaker 4: Okay, I guess just typically is there a time and.
Speaker 5: It's all pickleball, so everybody can relax and be like, pickle ball is not a sport. Okay, I hear it is a sport, but I don't care to fight anybody over it. It's just fun. And so I finished third.
Speaker 8: How long were you there?
Speaker 5: Four days?
Speaker 8: Like I can't start like eight am? Yeah, whoa, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I got third place in my first pickleball tournament.
Speaker 4: Nice and you like you're part of the science the research. Now that bronze is awesome, they say that bronze people feel better than silver people. Yeah, Olympians.
Speaker 5: My buddy who I knew, got second over me. But the only time we played I beat them, So I still felt pretty good about that too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was good. I had fun. I'm gonna probably play another one in a couple months or so, and then I plan to get better and take.
Speaker 4: Over the world dominate.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So for a first tournament, I got a medal. I feel pretty good about it. There's my life story, Amy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: My weekend was sports related to like lots of games. My boyfriend's kids has lots of games. Lacrosse on Friday night, state champs, so that was pretty cool to be a part of that or see that win, and then basketball the rest of the weekend, and then packing. I'm going to LA for work, so I packed a lot.
Speaker 7: Another movie.
Speaker 5: No, dang, that's how she tells us. She's in the New Black Panther.
Speaker 4: No, but I'm going with my daughter, So that was fun, like packing with her and getting everything ready. No, we're going to the Gracie Awards.
Speaker 5: I'm terrible at packing two days ahead of time because I want to have like thirteen pair of underwear and two shirts. That's usually about how I pack. I never use all the underwear. I always need more shirts. And then regardless if I packed two or three days ahead of time, I still go and unpack everything and make sure again I just need to pack like three hours out. And then I always forget a charger of some sort. There's always one charger I forget. So yeah, that'd be good.
Speaker 4: Well, it's super we're gone, We're not even there for that long. And also packing was really easy lunchbox.
Speaker 10: I got a serious question over the weekend. I saw someone post again, Oh, marked off a bucket list item I went to a concert of the Red Rocks? Is this the greatest place on earth? Am I missing something? Do I need to go to a concert at Red Rocks?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: What is so special about this place? I see it all the time. You are really not concert guy, but I'm not. I've never been, but I think it's just a really cool venue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say that. So my sister and her kids they went to a concert there once and she said it is the best concert of They're like all of them, They're the best concert of our life.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Everybody that goes I see him post like, oh my gosh, finally did it.
Speaker 8: It's the best concert beenue ever. This place is amazing.
Speaker 5: I think it's under the stars. It's cut out in a bunch of has anybody been though here?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, I want it's on my list though too.
Speaker 5: Well, guys, we should go together.
Speaker 15: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 10: So I just wondered if it was like something huge I'm missing out on in life because so many people post about it and say it's the greatest place ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but none of us have ever been. I don't think we are a concert guy though, No, I'm not. Yeah, but so that would be like the greatest Lacrosse stadium ever. Like everybody that watches Across loves Across. You're not really like cross guys. I don't know if you appreciate.
Speaker 4: It, right, is he Venue guy though?
Speaker 12: Venue Guy?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think you'd like it there. I have a bunch of friends that have played it, and it's really cool because it's like dug out of the rocks and it's the stars in Colorado.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's a whole vibe.
Speaker 10: Is it like, is it the sound better because it's off rocks?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think about how it sounds.
Speaker 2: Morgan, Well, it's a little bittersweet for me.
Speaker 3: But I'm no longer.
Speaker 4: A jeep girl.
Speaker 3: No more ducks, no more ducks, no more deep.
Speaker 5: I've only ever known you with.
Speaker 2: The jeep, I know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've had a Jeep the whole time I've been working on the show. So this feels really crazy. I kind of had like shed a tear when I finally.
Speaker 5: Got rid of it and you literally cried.
Speaker 3: I had a tear, Like it's just like, I feel like part of my identity was.
Speaker 5: Like, it is part of your identity.
Speaker 8: I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loved it, And.
Speaker 5: Part of your identity was how you saw out of all those ducks in the front glass.
Speaker 2: And I loved giving away ducks. I like ducking people. It was so much fun.
Speaker 5: Do you want to say what you have now? Because I do not know.
Speaker 2: I have a Bronco.
Speaker 5: Oh you got his cousin, I did, He stayed in the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I already named her name's band.
Speaker 4: It banned it branded the Bronco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because one of my my horses growing up was named band It.
Speaker 5: People to name their cars. It's pretty stupid when you're thirty five, so I got four years. He said, you got four years of Morgan no names in four years, Eddie.
Speaker 8: So according to the federal government, I am now official. I have my real ID.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 5: You see your picture?
Speaker 8: Okay, check it out?
Speaker 5: So is your other picture?
Speaker 7: It was not good.
Speaker 8: TSA did not like my old picture.
Speaker 5: Eddie had a massive beard and like he looked like he was up to no good.
Speaker 8: So that's my old ID and my new ID.
Speaker 5: Dude, it looks like you decided to shave all your body hair off for the second picture.
Speaker 11: The lady taking the picture, she goes, this looks like a whole different other person, Like, this does not look like you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got it, So I guess now you're real.
Speaker 8: I'm real. I got the little star on it.
Speaker 5: We're ready to travel, so I have mine.
Speaker 7: You have your?
Speaker 5: Who doesn't have the real idea yet?
Speaker 4: I don't, But they approved all that paperwork I submitted, so I'm on some sort of a list.
Speaker 8: I guess Amy's not going to l A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how are you going to LA passport?
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe have you located yours?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 4: I keep it in the freezer. That's how I know always know where it is with my birth certificate and my Social Security card and the meat like it doesn't it's in a ziploc bag in the freezer.
Speaker 5: Does it ever freeze? No, you don't put it in like water. It's just some people put their credit cards in water and freeze it so if they need it, they'll melt it. I would think that'd be a weird thing to do with the passport, like I really need to consider do I want to leave the country. Yeah, so no, it's not in the water.
Speaker 13: Nope.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's kind of weird. Though I like it, but it's weird.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's like it's it has never let me down. It's consistent for someone who often loses things. I always know where that stuff is, right under the salmon.
Speaker 5: Between the popsicles and for sure. All right, all right, good, sounds like everybody's doing pretty good. I'm surprised more get rid of the Jeep. Of all the life stories, I'm surprised Morgan get rid of the Jep the most.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised with myself too, But I'm also excited. The Bronco is really cool.
Speaker 5: The Bronco people like, do another toy.
Speaker 2: I think they.
Speaker 4: Listen. My first car was a Bronco.
Speaker 5: I was a Bronco way back in the day.
Speaker 4: Okay, so are they now? I feel like if they do that, they're just copping jeep.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I feel like I've seen ducks on Broncos ducks.
Speaker 3: There's a thing.
Speaker 2: I guess it's called bucking.
Speaker 3: And they do horses like there's corso.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, like a Bronco horse if she shows up with a Bronco like stable on her on her dash. Okay, all right, good job everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: There are some sake where I just go wow, I cannot believe this happened.
Speaker 2: This is one of them.
Speaker 3: We had a stalker call into our show. Bobby did a Bobby Cast with Jessica Andrews, and Jessica shared that there's been this woman who's been impersonating her in blackmailing or all these things. Well, this woman called in them left a voicemail for Bobby and we.
Speaker 1: Played it number four.
Speaker 5: Hey, so this is creepy, and there's going to be a follow up to the clip that I'm about to play. But Jessica Andrews had the song I Am Rosemary's granddaughter hit that h So that's the song she's famous for. She came on my podcast to Bobby Cast. I'm gonna play that clip, but no, after this clip, I'm going to play you a voicemail from her stalker who called the show. What Yeah. So I'm talking with Jessica Andrews on the Bobby Cast about an obsessed fan who was releasing music under Jessica Andrews name and at times, according to the story, I was told even booking shows as her and then not showing up. Here's a clip from the Bobbycast.
Speaker 16: I've had a fan for years who just won't accept that I and you know that I'm really not making music anymore, like, not actively. At first they found anything out there that they could unreleased, and they would try to find that and put it out. But then after they ran out of material, then they would just start singing themselves. But then yet they'll release it under my name and they've booked shows.
Speaker 1: No, they've interviews.
Speaker 2: I've had so many you as me a social media sites?
Speaker 5: Are you you? Or are you the aposter?
Speaker 16: Now they've duped so many people. It's really frustrating.
Speaker 5: Do you know who it is?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, have you been like a season desist shut.
Speaker 2: And we haven't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: We did the whole thing. We found out she has a criminal history.
Speaker 4: Pretty sure she knows where I.
Speaker 5: Live, so and I encourage you go listen to the whole episode on the Bobbycast. Now got a voicemail from the alleged obsessed fan.
Speaker 14: Here you go, Hey, Bobby, I actually want to talk to you regarding the Jess Andrews interview. Never once had she press charges on me for impostering her. Never once have I signed a contract. Never once did I book a show. Never once did I sign an autograph of her.
Speaker 17: Okay, And if she came back, maybe I would quit doing what I've been doing. So maybe you want to reach out to her and tell her to release new music because I will stop when she does until her quit lying.
Speaker 5: That's really bizarre because at first you're going, oh, maybe one side of the story wasn't being truthful. When it's like I never did this now and you're like, okay, okay, and then she's like, did tell her put out new music and I'll stop? You're like, wait, no, yeah, that's weird. I don't know the name of the caller that left the voicemail, but I would kindly ask, and I don't know Jessica very well except for the time we spent together during the interview, kindly ask that you discontinue impersonating her in any manner because it's it's real life ramifications. And I'm sure in your heart you do not mean to bring pain or suffering or mental anguish on to someone. But that's exactly what's happening. So I kindly would ask, and maybe you'll listen to me, maybe you won't, but I kindly would ask that you not do that anymore because it does affect people. And I just thought that voicemail was odd, Yes.
Speaker 4: Amy, that I mean, I'm sort of just still speechless about it all. This makes me nervous.
Speaker 5: Four or you always think people are going to retaliate. Correct, Yes, that's kind of your thing, retaliation.
Speaker 4: I just don't know, like hopefully, I don't know. To me that would like just really freak me out. But and some things, you should probably release some music.
Speaker 5: Wait, you're given to no, no, no, Amy, the solution is not to bake new music because somebody threatened you. Okay, you didn't help me here.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I don't know I'm not the person for this, you know That's.
Speaker 9: What I would do.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, oh really, I just be worried. How mentally stable is this person?
Speaker 5: Not what I would ask Instead of judging the stability of anybody mentally, what I would ask is that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't judging.
Speaker 5: To be clear, you're going to retaliate, retaliate on Amy, I would just ask to look into your guts, in your heart and honestly know that your actions are affecting someone in a way that is really negative. It's scary, it's hurtful.
Speaker 18: And.
Speaker 5: Kindly. Would you just let it be? That's what I'm asking. Heck, and give you some money. I'll give this person five hundred dollars to completely disconnect and never and never say that they are put out music. I literally pay five hundred bucks to just go away forever and not bother Jessica, Andrews or Amy.
Speaker 4: Because now that works on stalkers money maybe everyone.
Speaker 5: If I'm stalking, i'd probably like money.
Speaker 8: I'll take it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So yeah, I'm not even I'm not even going to be mean to the caller like I don't like it.
Speaker 12: Amy.
Speaker 5: We know you're scared to getting retaliated, but maybe it's something I can offer five hundred bucks if you call a voicemail and you will say, hey, I accept your offer. I'll accept five hundred dollars here, and we won't put your vino in the year. I will pay five hundred dollars if you will go. I promised to just leave it alone because I'm sure you could do five hundred bucks and really do it. Yeah, and really do it and really do it. Yeah, So not even talking in a bad way or mad way. That's all I have. That's the offer that I have.
Speaker 11: I can't believe you did a bobbycast story on something. Oh yeah, and then we got a call from that person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wold Hey, the foot pitch really spreading. One day, the show's gonna make it wow. But will probably happen if I'm guessing she's a fan. She saw that she did an interview, pursued the interview, heard the interview, found a way to contact me, which is this phone number up here, and that's what happened.
Speaker 7: Mike.
Speaker 5: What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't like it either.
Speaker 5: I don't like it at all, but I would like to approach it from a place of love and grace. Well, mostly because this is not me. We've had an instance somewhat similar, and I don't like this for anybody because it is very scary. Okay, that's all. Leave a voicemail Scooba, please watch for it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I have a fun We just call her.
Speaker 5: I don't want to call her because I don't want to put pressure on her. Yeah, right now we do have her number, but I don't want to put the pressure. I just want to say there's nothing that I can say in a mean way that's going to make you stop. So I'm not pursuing it in that manner. I'm saying I will pay you money to leave her alone.
Speaker 12: I think she shold to take that money that make another song, you know, and.
Speaker 5: If that's it, I'm okay. I don't want her to do that, but if she'll at least consider it, and we have a pact, if she breaks it, that's on her, So that's it. I'll leave it there. Everybody good.
Speaker 1: That was Wow, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Tim mcgrastup by the studio with some PRCA cowboys, which was super fun to hear from. Not only that, life has been crazy for him lately.
Speaker 2: He had all of these.
Speaker 3: Surgeries done and he's now in his healing era number three.
Speaker 5: Tim, good to see a buddy.
Speaker 7: You too, man.
Speaker 5: Before we talk about the real stuff, I want to talk about, like the live stuff.
Speaker 7: Are you okay getting there? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know you had all the surgeries.
Speaker 7: I had a gosh, three back surgeries, oh wow, double knee replacements. So why all it was the last six six eight months?
Speaker 5: But you put it all off and you did all at once, like a whole sale like you go to.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had had a back surgery before tour last year, and that sort of went south on me at the beginning of the tour, and so sort of compensating for that, my knees went out like three weeks into the tour. So I had to finish the tour with my knees completely gone and my back gone. And then as soon as I got off tour, I went in and had the surgeries done, and then I had my knee surgeries done. And then in the process of recovering from my knee surgeries, my back when went out again, I had to have another back surgery. So some mornings are better than others. But yeah, I saw you on Slowly getting better a billboard. It was like Tim Agree playing the Big the Rodeo here, Yeah, yeah, the Big Rodeo and three nights, but your nights May thirty first, And I saw you up there and I thought, dag because I know you have the surgeries.
Speaker 5: So are you in performance? Are you having to get back and performance shape?
Speaker 7: And yeah, I'm having too. That's where I'm at now. It's slowly trying, you know, the lot of rehab, a lot of pt Now I'm slowly getting back into some sort of routine. It's very light, but uh, working my way up to it.
Speaker 5: Wow. Yeah, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you feel good, like it can get back? What can you get back? Ceiling like, can you get back to one hundred percent?
Speaker 7: Get close hopefully one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: But we'll see the song that you got Parker mccallim to do your paper umbrellas. Park was perfect for it.
Speaker 7: That's what we thought. You know. That song is on the Standing Room Only album. It's one of my favorite cuts on the album, and I always wanted it to see the light of day, and when it came time to pick another single. I wanted something off of that album, and there did about three songs, and that was the first choice, and then I wanted, you know, a new artist on it sort of freshen it up, because you know, it had been on the album for so long and people had heard it. And Parker was our first choice because I like the music. I thought his voice and the type of music he does fit that song perfectly. And you know, the biggest fear you have is when you ask somebody to sing on a song that they're not going to like the song when you send it to him. And he loved it and put his vocal on it and did a great job on it, so we decided to go with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I do, and I know Parker, and I do know he loved the song. I think I would worry because I am so anxious and neurotic about everything that if I asked and they were like, oh, I feel like I should do this song by Tim McGraw and I want to do it and he doesn't say no, but he still does it but still doesn't like it. Like the song. Yeah, I would go through that. I'd spin in circles, I'd have such neurosis. Do you have neurosis at all about what songs you cut? Do you have a second guess them after you're done, or do you just feel like this is it and I'm gonna go.
Speaker 7: No, I'm pretty you know. I listen to so many songs, you know, and I write for every album. I always write stuff, and I have an idea of the songs that I want to do, and so I write for it, and then I think I've got five or six really good ones that are gonna work. And then all of a sudden, you know, the Warm Boys or Tom Douglas or Laurie McKenna send me a song that's sort of the same subject matter that I'd written about, and I go, well, damn, that's way better than Minds of Mine. Goes down the list. But every now and then one or two of my make it. But I always have, you know, fifteen or twenty songs to go to the studio with Weld cut them. And you know, some of your favorites you think are going to be great when you finish them out, they don't turn out as good as you wanted. And some of the ones you thought were sort of the lower ones on the totem pole eyes up and become better after you record them.
Speaker 5: What about in the middle of the creative process. It could be songwriting, it could be acting. But do you ever get so far in the middle you can't even judge your own work anymore because you're so in it.
Speaker 7: No, Well, well, actings is a different story, because I never like what I do doing that. You know, it's hard to watch yoursel It's hard to watch yourself because all I see is me pretending to be someone else, you know, because you know yourself so well. That's the toughest music. Not so much music is you know, you go in, I'm pretty solid and sure about what I like and what I want to do, and when it's all said and done, and when we finish it and mix it all out, you know, I know instantly which ones are going to for me, You're going to work or not.
Speaker 5: If you're doing a live show and you see a couple and you could tell that probably maybe the guy got dragged by his wife or she got dragged by the husband, and one of them is like singing everyone and the other one's like, oh.
Speaker 7: I've had that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what how do you what do you do well?
Speaker 7: To me, it's odd because you know, there could be you know, twenty five thousand people are having a great time, and I can spot one person who just wishes they weren't there, and it's like a challenge to me to win them over.
Speaker 5: Oh, so you take it and you try to win them.
Speaker 7: I try to win that one person over that's not getting into and it's usually a husband probably that doesn't want to be there.
Speaker 5: Here. I had to look at foreheads because when I looked at faces, I started thinking that whatever I felt about their face or how I would do that face meant that's how they were feeling, like projecting. And once I was doing a stand up show and this guy was he's hating it. I knew he didn't want to be there. Yeah, And at the end he came back like a meet and greet after the show and he was like, I loved it. And that was kind of where it's like, oh, just because he had a face that I would have had if I wasn't doesn't mean that's his not enjoying it. Rice, right, because I started sorting my feelings into people in the crowd.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you sorted projecting with how you would react as opposed to how somebody else reacts. I had that before I had this tour. I had There's one guy and during the middle of the show he just kept flipping me off no way, and his wife was having a great time, she was enjoying it. And every time I'd look over, he'd be going flipping me off and saying you suck, you suck, and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So, oh my god.
Speaker 7: So I kept like, I'm gonna work this guy. I'm gonna work this guy. So about halfway through it, he walks He starts walking to the front of stage, making his way front stage, and I'm thinking, all right, this is gonna go one or two ways here. And he walks up and he's a military guy and he hands me and does the coin thing, shakes my hand and gives me a thumbs up, and I'm like, all right, I want him over.
Speaker 5: Weird communication way early communication was it's a little odd. Yeah, the middle finger on the whole early part.
Speaker 7: I know I did switched halfway through it was.
Speaker 5: Stone called Steve Austin. Didn't know that was Stone culs I love you.
Speaker 7: If it was Stone Cold Steve Austin. And he was walking towards the stage and been flipping me off.
Speaker 5: That's true. Hey, your daughter off Broadway doing the Babe. Okay, that's pretty awesome. The last time I talked to you, you were.
Speaker 7: In New York.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How do you feel watching somebody you love do something that you love?
Speaker 7: Oh? It makes me more nervous than anything that I do. Same one, Faith was like when we were torn together. I'm more nervous for her than I am for me. And then you watch your daughter on Broadway. And then just a couple of weeks ago, I went up and she did a performance at Carnegie Hall that's going to be on PBS on Veterans today. So you get way more nervous to the point of shaking, when your kids are doing it.
Speaker 5: Did you try to talk her out of pursuing being creative for a career or no?
Speaker 7: I mean to me, it's with my girls. It's always been. You know, chase your passion, whatever your passion is, chase it, no matter. Don't worry about money, don't worry about you know what kind of job it is. If you have a passion for something, chase it because that's going to be where your enjoyment and life comes out of what.
Speaker 5: Do you think the key to your longevity is? And I'm going to ask that and then also give a little context here. At times we'll be talking about, you know, biggest artists of the eighties, nineties, two thousands, and there's like three decades including right this second, where you have extreme relevance. That's very rare. There's like two people that we go nineties artists but really aren't considered nineties artists even though they were crushing it into the nineties. And you and Chesney are kind of those guys who are still relevant today as much as you were twenty five years ago. Why.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I'd like to think it's the music as much as anything. Songs I think for me the bottom line, because you know, everybody in this town can sing. Everybody in this town sings great. Every artist is an artist for a reason. But the songs at the end of the day, the songs are the thing that make the mark. It's not necessarily the artist. To me, it's the songs. And if you have good songs, I think that's the key to longevity.
Speaker 5: Is there anybody that you're close with it's part of your immediate team that has walked alongside you, and as country music has changed even sonically instrumentally, that I said, hey, why don't we shift it a bit, and that has kept your sound relevant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if there's anybody around me that's done that. It's more, you know, I know what I do, and I know what I do well, but also hear stuff that I like, and I hear newer stuff that I like, older stuff that like pop stuff, rock stuff that I like, and I'll hear different sounds or different mixing techniques or you know, different instrumentation that I haven't used.
Speaker 5: Before, so you'll chase that.
Speaker 7: So I don't necessarah. I don't know if i'd call it chasing, but I will steal stuff sometimes and then sort of change it in the way that sounds more like me, if that makes any.
Speaker 5: Sense, the appropriate way.
Speaker 7: And I've done and I experimented with different things, you know, different progressive sort of things, and I'm always experimenting with music, trying different things. I don't think that there's a particular style that I consistently do. I mean, there's probably a consistent thread and the sound of my music, but style wise, I think every album's got a lot of different styles on it. But you know, I've done stuff like looking for that girl and stuff like that are sort of way left of center of what I usually do, just to experiment a little bit.
Speaker 5: The appropriate way for me to ask that question would have been chasing. But you're not opposed to trying something similar to what you've heard and liked, even if it's a bit different.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not opposed to that. I mean incorporating into what I do. I wouldn't call it copying.
Speaker 4: You just influenced by it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, influenced by it? Exactly? What's that old saying that something something borrows, genius steals something like that. I forget the exact phrase what it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's for me once. Shame on you for me never get fooled again.
Speaker 7: Well back to your why your career has been going along. I'm pretty good a fooling people.
Speaker 5: Like Yeah, me too, saying good artists borrow great artist steel.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Another thing that you do. And I'm just gonna glaze you a little bit. Is you still singing the same key? How?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Like you said, you're fifty eight almost? Well, I wasn't going to go chase around number I was fifty. You sing really high, and you know what.
Speaker 7: It's It's odd because I think people don't realize I sing as high as I do because my voice is kind of thick. So when sometimes an artists come out and sing a song with me, like I like it, I love it, or something, I've come on stage and they think, oh, I know that song, and they'll go out and start singing it. Go whoa, this is way higher than I realized it was.
Speaker 5: Have you had to even consider any sort of key change atally?
Speaker 7: Not yet. There's there's a few songs that are pushed in the envelope right now.
Speaker 5: What's the hardest one to sing?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, well, standing room only that that single was one that's tough to sings. There's some really high spots in it.
Speaker 5: You have a record one to go, I have to sing this the whole time, not because you don't love the song, because it's you have to record it so high, or you recorded in a way that it's going to be difficult to perform every night.
Speaker 7: There's been a few of those, yeah, a few of those, and you find ways to adjust to it.
Speaker 5: That's why I don't record albums. I don't have to sing them because they can't sing them.
Speaker 7: Luckily, there's been a few songs that that that I've really loved, that that I could probably only pull off like once a month. That is so high, you know.
Speaker 5: Do you because you can't do all your number ones because you have forty six. I look before you came in, you have forty six number ones, almost one for every state in the Union. Nine's forty nine. Wow, you have win. You won more then one more.
Speaker 7: And I'll be I'll have the states covered. Yeah, except Canada, which you know that will be fifty one. If you have fifty to a first state.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a that's a big one though. Okay, so we have a little We have some guests who that Tim brought with him. And by the way, I want to say this again, Tim, we have paper umbrellas with Parker McCollum, which we played. And then secondly, the three nights of the Rodeo in Nashville are happening and Tim does May thirty first, and so Reeb is doing it, Jelly Rolls doing it. You're doing I saw the three pictures on the yeah, on the and is this the first time that it's been here. I don't I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 7: This is the very first time there's been a PRCA rodeo in Nashville, full full on rodeo.
Speaker 5: And who's here with you?
Speaker 7: Gosh, Patrick Humes, Tim O'Connell, Cole.
Speaker 5: Gosh, I just saw a bunch of cowboy Yeah, and Ropes.
Speaker 14: Wrote.
Speaker 7: We got a Cody Custer, who's a world champion bull rider, a Hall of Famer retired now, but he's here. Tim O'Connell is a three time world champion bare back rider. Cole's bare back rider working on a championship. We joke about it all the time that he's he's the one that had won a championship. Yeah, but he's he's headed that direction. They were, Will they come in, they'll come in and then and we also have Patrick Humes, who is our partner in bringing this rodeo to town. He's the one that brought the idea to us with my company down home, and we co produced it together and bring it to town.
Speaker 5: Well, let's let's bring them in.
Speaker 12: Well, break cowboys.
Speaker 7: We'll come in with the real cowboys, the drug store cowboys.
Speaker 5: All right. Tim McGraw's here on the Bobby Bones Show now, and I would like to introduce you by name because Tim McGraw's here, but he brought in a bunch of friends. I've never felt less masking in my life. There have been times I'm often less massive.
Speaker 7: The sweater helps.
Speaker 5: My pink under shirt, thank you. That's probably a part of it too, Uh, Pat, tell me tell me about yourself. Who are you?
Speaker 15: I moved here like three and a half years ago from Colorado. I grew up in Northern Nevada and rodeo family, and I rodeoed in high school and I tried to get it in pro and wasn't good enough. So I decided to go into architecture and real estate development. And we moved down here, and there wasn't rodeo in Nashville, so we decided.
Speaker 5: To fix it, brought one here. You and Tim partnered up. Yeah, so how do you get Tim to be involved? How does that conversation happen?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 15: Honestly, it was when we were coming down here and figuring out who we needed a partner with. He was top of our list, and we were just hoping and praying that we could reach out and get in contact with him and he'd be interested in doing it, and luckily he did.
Speaker 7: No brainer for me.
Speaker 5: Also, Coal Cole Reiner. Yeah, Cole, you're number twenty in the world right now.
Speaker 12: Bare back riding.
Speaker 13: That's embarrassing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh you need a bad way you want to be number one.
Speaker 13: That's a.
Speaker 5: Lot of time, so bareback and that is so Monco had horses and I would ride bareback because I did not have to put the saddle on. Yeah that's but that's just what you do. You just do it competitively and like really good.
Speaker 13: So you're the bareback riding you're talking about was without a saddle. We actually have what's called a riggan. It's like a little bit so it started with a rope because someone didn't have a saddle and they wanted to ride a horse. But now it's turned into like a hard piece of raw hide basically, and we stick our hand in there and you can't really get it out.
Speaker 5: Wait what Yeah, so you can't get it out? So what if you fall?
Speaker 13: You're in trouval boy. Yeah, Tim and I are in the same of it. So he's a world champion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see Tim O'Connor World champion sixteen seventeen and eighteen. So I'm assuming tim that when you fall, you don't fall much? Is that true?
Speaker 9: Not often?
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you can help it.
Speaker 13: We've seen it a couple of times.
Speaker 9: Mean, we've seen it a couple of times.
Speaker 5: They drag you.
Speaker 19: They'll drag you if you go like so, I'm left, I ride with my left hand if you and we have these gloves that are kind of bigger than the handle itself, and they have wedges in them, and if I fall to the right side, the wedge is tighten up. And you have to have the two guys that are designated in the arenas pickup man, the guys that get us off the horse safely. They have to then get ropes on that horse and get them stopped, because you have to get back over the horse, and.
Speaker 5: At that point you're the horse.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If you fallow, if you if you fall off against your hand, yeah, because what happens if these guys can correct me if I'm wrong. I rode some high school rodeo, which is like Little League Baseball compared to these guys. But once you get your hand in the rig and then you twist it around, it forms a bubble that that sort of blocks keeps it from sliding out. So if you release your hand you go this way, it'll slide out easier. But if you come over this way.
Speaker 5: And it's sort of locked in it, you know, you don't want it to be locked in.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's literally where it came from.
Speaker 5: You're depending on people to stop the horse then.
Speaker 19: At that point, yeah, I mean the horse because at that point, like that horse is still doing its thing. It doesn't just stop because you went off the rount. So more more than likely you get stepped on, you get kicked. You're getting drug by the animal as well. And uh, there's been some pretty crazy rex from you know, guys just they get purely exhausted and then they're just underneath them.
Speaker 18: And most of the time, most of time when that happens, in that event, the horse kind of quits bucking and he's scared and trying to get away from the guy. So it doesn't help. The horse is covering a lot of ground.
Speaker 5: That's why I don't ride horses anymore.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 13: We feel less intelligent every time we tell someone about record.
Speaker 5: So, Tim, the first time you want a championship, where did you win the championship? What did that feel like, uh, it's a it's a like twenty sixteen. Was there an event? Is there like the super Bowl? Or is it like an all season long point thing?
Speaker 9: So it was both.
Speaker 19: So I went into our World finals, which is in Vegas at the NFR as the world leader, and then I never relinquished that lead.
Speaker 9: That's I had no plan on doing it either.
Speaker 19: I'm talking about it. So you know, like I always say, like, there's a when they hand you a gold buckle, Like when you when you start rodeo as a little kid, when you never say I want to make the NFR. You never say really what you want to do, but you say I want to be a world champion as a little baby. When you when you realize that you want to be a rodeo cowboys, So I want to be a world champion. So imagine your entire life there's a moment that they hand you a gold buckle and you're a world champion. It's it's a flood of a you don't know if you want to jump up and down, you don't know if you want to cry. You feel a flood of emotions that I really can't explain. The only people that know it are the ones that get handed this cold buckle and you'll do anything to get another one.
Speaker 5: Do you have one on now?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 5: I don't want touch it. I got to be weird about.
Speaker 8: Oh that's is that real gold?
Speaker 7: Oh? They?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, ah, he's taking it off of You have to pay Texas on that.
Speaker 5: This is the twenty eighteen World Champion bareback rider, the Tim O'Connell.
Speaker 8: This is so legit.
Speaker 5: Do you worry that if you leave your pants somewhere someone's gonna steal it? Like we jump in the creek and you leave your belt this some one you ever jumping like, I'll be watching out. That's that's really cool.
Speaker 7: Those things are really one.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Cody won, you got yours on?
Speaker 5: Well, Cody's Hall of Famer though, Yeah, Cody's probably got so Cody, what you're doing the Hall of Fame? Do you remember I.
Speaker 18: Went into I went into PRCA Hall of Fame in twenty seventeen, which was a pretty awesome deal because my dad got to be there and he passed away the next year, so it was a It's kind of one of those deals I think when you when you start that.
Speaker 9: That was more.
Speaker 18: That was the the world title was expected Hall of Fame wasn't really expected. It was kind of it caught me off guard.
Speaker 5: How do they tell you?
Speaker 18: My friend Clint Corey was a world champion bare back rider in the day, my era, and he was working with the p r c A at the time, and when they voted me in, he he made the phone call. So it was I was driving home and it was a really emotional thing.
Speaker 5: And your dad got to see that.
Speaker 18: My dad was My dad was there and uh, I wouldn't have I wouldn't have been there without my dad, you know, being behind me. So it was it was a great deal that he got to come see passed the next year and a pretty pretty cool deal.
Speaker 5: That's awesome. And Cody was one of your heroes going up right town.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love Cody growing up Yeah, well growing up with college, you know, my college years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not that much older than him.
Speaker 7: For sure.
Speaker 5: Hey, Tim, let me ask you a question, Tim O'Connell. You have your shirt out with all your sponsors, like I see just I see Tree Top Ranches. Whenever a new sponsor comes on, do you get a whole new shirt with all new patches or do you just put a new patch on the shirt.
Speaker 9: That's a great question. It just depends on the lengths of the deals.
Speaker 5: You know, Like let's say I want to let's say I wanted Bobby Bones right on right on your below your nipple, on your left side forever. Well now for one year. For one year, is that pretty expensive? It's only got one justin rules that side. But like right under, let's say.
Speaker 4: I want to pocket for pocket patch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I say I wanted Bobby Bones on there. Would would you get a new shirt or would.
Speaker 19: You just I mean it depends if you want, you know, an exclusive deal, or you want the whole shirt.
Speaker 9: Then it's gonna get real.
Speaker 5: I don't want the whole shirt. I want to patch.
Speaker 9: Do you make it work?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys are cutting.
Speaker 19: I mean we got like here's the thing with our event, Like we wear these braces, so a lot of times, like we.
Speaker 9: Covers, someone will cut us up, these little little tears and.
Speaker 19: Like they these horses, like they destroy your clothes. So like I got it.
Speaker 9: Fifteen of these shirts all look the same.
Speaker 5: Are you guys always a little bit injured? Yeah, Like it's like your professional athletes, like so any of my other friends with professional athletes to play in the NFL or play major they're always a little bit hurt even when they're not because their bodies constantly being put through it. Are you always a little bit hurt?
Speaker 19: Yeah, because like our event, like they've broke it down. It's like even on the very best days, on what we call a really easy horse, it's the equivalent and get into a small car wreck. That's what our bodies go through. The g force that we go through is like getting into a small car wreck. So like you're always just a little bit banged up. But the cool thing about what we do and what the human body can do is like our bodies will adjust to getting in that violent wreck. Like they've done. They've done X rays on us, Like our riding arm forearm bones have changed, like they calcify up and like so our forearms on our riding side are bigger than our other side, and like.
Speaker 9: It's weird, but our bodies will adjust to the abuse.
Speaker 18: That very thing right there is why I chose bull riding. Bare back riding is way dangerous.
Speaker 5: Now I talk about that for a second, So what what what's the difference? I know that too.
Speaker 18: It's it's similar, it's it's pretty much similar. I just it's very much like it's I mean, it's similar in the in the danger area, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Just they're they're.
Speaker 18: I mean, these guys take more abuse than than most bull riders and on their on their good day, you know, on a on a good day.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, the bare back riders are back like this and they're getting slapped in the back constantly. A bull riders trying to be up with their chest out front.
Speaker 5: Are they drawn for you? Like the bulls are where you don't really know what bull you're gonna get, and you hope you get a.
Speaker 7: B or C.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we basically we know most of the horses and bulls going up and down like all year rodeoing. We know all the good ones and all the bad ones, and you'll pick to go get on the good ones or the bad ones. But I would say the biggest difference in injury wise is the bare back riding is like a set reoccurring injury and these guys get like these traumatic injuries, Like they'll be healthy for a month, six months, two years and then get a big injury and we're just always beat up.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 18: The thing about the thing about anything in the rough stock. You're going to get hurt at some point. And so you know, physically physically, our bodies get used to the trauma and and like they said, we just get used to. We get used to, like forearms get bigger. And you know I always had my left arm was always bigger than my right arm because I rode to my left arm. And so it's, uh, you guess you just got to be prepared that there's gonna be some injuries and have a plan set to come.
Speaker 7: Back and the bone density increasing.
Speaker 13: This dude Tim O'Connell had a bullfrog neck.
Speaker 19: Ye, Like my neck was small, but like you get used to this whiplash and like your body adjusts. Like I think, like all of us, we we do schools and like teach the youth on how to when they want to start this. And you know I always start our schools off with this. There's there's two things I can guarantee you and audio. If you're going to try anything in rough stock, there is one hundred percent chance you are going to get hurt doing this. There's a very small chance you're gonna die doing this. Every time you nod your head, and.
Speaker 5: I heard it was the first one. That's all I heard. You don't hear the diet, I don't get there. I'm like, I'm out. All I heard was the first one. I didn't even need the second one.
Speaker 4: Thinking like if I was y'all's mom or something like, I would be a nervous wreck every time you went out there. And I mean I would be like, yeah, you're gonning to do what you love. But like every time you it seems like every time you saddle up or not saddle up, you get on like it's this could be it. Like every time I fly, I'm like, this is gonna be a but like, this is y'all's job.
Speaker 18: That's the reality of it, and it can't be at the forefront of your mind.
Speaker 9: We all know it.
Speaker 18: But you got you know, competition wise. You you know, for me, I had a routine that I got in and there's some days you show up it's easy to get there because everything plays out, but there's other days you got to find it, which there's more of those days. You got to find what it takes to do the job. And so I think, you know, I think mental mental toughness is the guys that are the mental the mentally toughest are the ones that make it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I understand. I'm only mentally tough. I'm not physically tough. So yeah, what state are all you guys from? I'm curious what where'd you grow up? We'd say color Where you say, I group Nevada?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 9: You Iowa, Wyoming?
Speaker 18: You grew up in Arizona.
Speaker 7: I know I was in the Arkansas and here, I guess not just me. There's a lot of cowboys out Arkansas.
Speaker 5: Okay. So I'm gonna say this. So the three nights of the Rodeo, and this is the first and I only PRC Pro Rodeo held a bridge down arena. So Music City Rodeo is the nighttime event, with the rodeo starting at six thirty pm, followed by the concerts at nine pm. So come out. Are all you guys competing? Are you guys competing?
Speaker 8: You too competing?
Speaker 9: I'm the only one you're to.
Speaker 5: Me about buckle to me gold?
Speaker 19: I actually, uh, six weeks ago, I tore my right side of my core off my pelvic floor.
Speaker 5: Do you say that to those kids? Chance you're gonna tell your tear your core off your pelvic floor?
Speaker 19: Well, I mean doing my job. I mean, it just sounds I had just a weird deal and the whole right side of my core detached.
Speaker 5: You look great for it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, so are you having to see a pelvic course specialist?
Speaker 5: And that felt dirty? But it did feel a little over the line, like which you call hr.
Speaker 4: I just had to call on myself. That's why I'm ask you.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I had to go to Philadelphia and then they reattached me.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, when do you get when are you back? What's the rehab out? In the rehab well six weeks out as.
Speaker 19: Of yesterday, they said, uh, twelve weeks and I'll be back.
Speaker 9: On their horns.
Speaker 13: He's going to get a phone call today and like not very long about.
Speaker 19: Yeah, like later on today that the surgeon's gonna call me and he's going to let me know what I'm released to do at this point moving forward, so like ramping up, I have about six weeks, but unfortunately that two weeks on what we do, like for how violent it is, like two weeks is a long time because as soon as I go back, gonna.
Speaker 9: We I'm gonna tear stuff apart again.
Speaker 19: And the first one back's gonna tear all that healed stuff apart, and it's gonna get back and and your body has to. You know, there's no shape like rodeo shape. You can be in the best gym shape, best athletic form, but there's nothing that can get you in shape for the violence that you go through on the back of an animal.
Speaker 5: Can you like the bulls? I'm gonna give you an example. I'm thinking about it. My brother in law is a collegis softball coach, and so now they have machines that can mimic the pictures that are going against throw the same the exact same balls at the same rate, same spins, and so the batters can get used to it, and so they can go up and they can hit against basically, and it's not AI but a technologically advanced computer version of that picture. Can you do that in any way with a whore? Have they created something like that?
Speaker 19: I mean yes and no. We have We have two main sources for practice. We have what we call the spurboard, which is basically a plywood setup that we put some mats on and we you angle it down so you're sitting down and you're you're having to push your hips up and it's it's stationary, and it mimics the big side of it with the padding on it mimics the horse's neck. So to make it in a perfect form, you would spur it and the front of it's going to lift off from all the power that you generate through this through this board, and then you'll snap your feet down and it makes your body practice perfect form and that kind of tells you. And then there's a there is a bucket machine that really mimics bare back riding and the way a horse bucks. But uh, you don't want to get on that too much either because it's like you know the ones you see at you know.
Speaker 5: The bars or what I got one wants.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like it's it's the.
Speaker 18: Same jump a full sense of what's really going on because there one footal hit first sometimes in the shoulders move so it there's nothing been created that really mimics the horse's movement because it's not a consistent movement. It's not the machine is a consistent movement, so it doesn't mimic what's actually happening.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 18: Yeah, horse or a slip, like if a horse slips in the back end with a foot slips or or he stumbles a little bit, it doesn't nothing can be mimicked. So really, in reality, the spur board, it's a stationary causes you to do the things in perfection in a controlled atmosphere, so that when you know, there's no perfection in the arena. But but you can practice perfection on a spur board and then it it relates over to the real thing.
Speaker 5: All six PRC events plus the wpr A Women's barrel racing all happening. There's bare back riding, steer wrestling, mutton busting, all you want to hear. A funny mountin bussy story. So I grew up in Arkansas. I went to a lot of rodeo slash crash up derbies, right, that's all. Usually it was the same, right you go. And once I was too old and I went mutton busting. I didn't know there was you should be little, and I was old. I was a little older than I should have been, and I was by like seven years. I was the oldest buttton bust out there, and so yeah, I was like seven, I was like thirteen. So anyway, that's my mutty. That's why I don't do what you do. I tore my pelvic floor, so I stopped after one thing. Team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding roughstock events. We'll put the details to up on our page. Tim McGraw, thank you for coming by and bringing all your friends. Pat congratulations. This event's gonna be awesome. You picked some great performers, I mean Reaba, Tim Jelly Roll, and you know people should come for the rodeo as well. Tim O'Connell bell buckle. That's cool, man, I like that. That's very cool. Cole Ryner number twenty in the world. Hey, if he's out, though, do you move up a spot? He's out for weeks.
Speaker 13: Well yeah, he's the way behind me already.
Speaker 9: Yeah got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, good enough.
Speaker 19: See he keeps saying he's the one without it. I said, you know, the best shot to win a world title is when I'm not in there.
Speaker 5: Do you have no competition between Let's just fight it out right now, let's just have it right and Cody Custer, he droll honor to spend some time. Thank you very much for being here. I really hate today's day. I wore a pink shirt and this sweater. I'll be honest with you all the days, this was the worst day to do it. Thank you guys so much, and hope everybody goes and checks it out. Tim thanks for coming by, and everybody clipants part your friends.
Speaker 9: Great job.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: The dishwasher steak. I repeat, the dishwasher steak. We had a taste test after Eddie threw a steak in the dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Shout out to.
Speaker 3: Sam Hunt's brother Ben Hunt, who owns a farm. He sent us a whole bunch of meat to try this, and we finally did it.
Speaker 2: Well, the show did.
Speaker 3: I didn't eat it because I'm a vegetarian, so that would be weird.
Speaker 5: Number two an hour ago, Eddie put a steak in the dishwasher. We're trying to cook that steak just by putting it in the dishwasher. Eddie, have you opened it yet?
Speaker 8: Nope, I'm waiting on you, guys.
Speaker 5: All right, open her up. Hey, don't reach in immediately though, because I've learned the hard way. You can't go right in with the steam because you'll burn your hand.
Speaker 8: All right, Okay, okay, I'm opening the door. Now all right, okay, oh it is steamy. Oh no, why it looks like it's shriveled up a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, but that's what a steak does, though. Yeah, well, can you grab it by the plastic and bring it in here?
Speaker 8: Bones, I can grab the whole thing. It's not that hot. I'm worried this is under cooked.
Speaker 5: No, the guy and the TikTok said that that's plenty of time. Okay, yeah, I'll.
Speaker 8: Bring it to you guys so you can see this. But this does not look cooked.
Speaker 5: Hey, walk it in. We'll stay on the air. Okay, Okay, here, Colly.
Speaker 11: I mean just to give you an idea. Bones, I'm holding it in my hand, and it's not hot.
Speaker 8: Huh oh, I would say lukewarm at least?
Speaker 5: Is it dishwasher broken?
Speaker 11: No, it was working. I mean if the steam did come out when I opened the dishwasher.
Speaker 9: That looks.
Speaker 5: Right there, dude, that's what I'm saying. It's like covered in blood. It's I'm good, I'll put we put it in for another cycle.
Speaker 8: I think we should well another hour and a half.
Speaker 5: Yu, you're gonna do that all day with that? Put it in for one another cycle.
Speaker 4: Put it on for put it on? Is there a sanitized cycle because that water probably gets real hot.
Speaker 12: Or maybe you need to see it and that's what finishes it off.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean I do have the thing to see it.
Speaker 5: I think that's what we need to do. So we brought a little mini grill to sere it. So take it, cut it open, drain the blow, drink it. And then this is the bit guys, we have to do it. We have to eat it like that, well, sear it. And to sear it, let's look up the because I know what searing is, but there has to be like an official definition of searing.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm just gonna see it till it looks like a steak.
Speaker 5: No, no, that's too much. That's called cooking it. You go, yes, what is the The steak.
Speaker 7: Does not look good?
Speaker 5: A cooking technique where you quickly heat the surface of the meat at a high temperature to create a brown crust. It looks like no more than thirty to forty five seconds on each side.
Speaker 11: Okay, deal can we reach? Can we reach a deal? Go a minute each side? Just one minute.
Speaker 5: I don't know if thirty seconds is going to do over that that's the point. Okay, take the bag out, cut it open, drain all the blood, set up the grill. Okay, we'll sear this and see which one of us gets trickenosis.
Speaker 8: Someone's gonna die next.
Speaker 5: Okay, any chance, for any reason that the smoke detectors fire alarms go off.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, for sure, there's definitely a chance. Now, because I mean it's.
Speaker 5: Should we do this in the studio.
Speaker 4: Then I don't think so?
Speaker 5: Okay, So we try to cook a steak in the dishwasher. It was in there for an hour or fifteen minutes. It came out and not looking good. It looks like it's still should be bought at the store. Yeah, but okay, some people like rare steak. So he's gonna walk over and we're gonna sear this for forty five seconds on each side, because searing is allowed. And I mean, if water starts to spray in here, we're screwed.
Speaker 8: What do you mean, Oh? Oh, I don't think we don't have sprinklers like that.
Speaker 5: There sprinklers in here.
Speaker 12: There are those little small circles are sprinklers.
Speaker 5: He said, we should open that door for people are outside there.
Speaker 12: Shut up. So and then so we can Eddie cut it open. All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Don't get blood on the carpet.
Speaker 5: You gotta bleep Eddie. Second. That's how messed up we are. Right now, we're worried about we're gonna start a fire in the studio. You didn't drain it, I asked Scuba while the blood wasn't drained. He said, you were gonna use it for your juice.
Speaker 8: Oh look, hey, there's two steaks in here. I didn't realize.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, oh that is not cooked. Oh okay, I'll just cook one, dude, just cook one. No one. Okay, let's start the timer and counting up, so we'll do heys, what we're gonna do?
Speaker 8: You want to season this special season?
Speaker 5: I would like to season it with removing disease. Is that a season?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, honest? Season great?
Speaker 4: Now, my hair is gonna smell like I ordered Paheta's at a Mexican restaurant and it comes out.
Speaker 5: With the sizzlechi.
Speaker 8: So you want me to season this bad boy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have twenty seconds.
Speaker 8: We'll sprinkle nothing crazy. Okay, does smell pretty good.
Speaker 5: And then we'll spin the wheel to see who eats it. Oh oh, man, I'm not even I don't know about that. Okay, and ten seconds Oudie.
Speaker 8: Yeah you hear the sizzle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're just a little serious. You can put that mic down on a little close enough you need. It's for listen to that sound, all right, And that is seared on that side, slipper, Oh.
Speaker 12: Oh my goodness, actually doesn't look bad.
Speaker 8: It's starting to come together.
Speaker 5: Stop so you can season the other side and do it for ten more seconds. Though since your season you didn't season that side. Yeah, this is hot, smells bad. They're smoked though, I'm for sure we're about to get wet. This is how we get in trouble for set. I've already been fined a million bucks. I'd rather than not destroy the building.
Speaker 9: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: We got twenty seconds.
Speaker 11: Guys, it's starting to look like a real steak this.
Speaker 4: Way without doing the disrusher part.
Speaker 5: Show you watch the guy that ate that raw meat.
Speaker 4: The liver king.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's this. Yeah, ten seconds, and then now you can give it ten seconds on the other side because since you put the seasoning on it. Oh good guys, all right, and flip it see it, okay, I mean ide still looks very peak seven. Now, I don't like raw or not raw? A rare steak pretty rare.
Speaker 4: This is basically steak tartar.
Speaker 5: I don't mind that, though I don't like this time. I like tartar. I feel like this clean. Okay, put on the plate, the plate, okay, bring it on over here. Let me cut the metal.
Speaker 4: Oh, it looks like like an eraser, you know, the pink ones. It's like a proper eraser.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna cut into the state.
Speaker 4: Okay, let us know how it is, Amy.
Speaker 5: That's a great description. It looks like an eraser. Yes, okay, I'm cutting.
Speaker 6: Is it tough?
Speaker 8: What's the texture?
Speaker 5: Look like a cut? Pretty tough? But so is red a good color?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: I don't know if rare is this?
Speaker 8: I mean that's like very rare.
Speaker 11: That's extremely rare.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be okay, somebody's got to.
Speaker 4: Because people eat. Oh well, what just stick the whole thing in your mouth, Jewie Alex.
Speaker 5: And then he spit it out. Sw that tastes like salmon.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, shut up, it's not salmon.
Speaker 5: I do, But.
Speaker 4: Fine, I'll try it.
Speaker 8: Whoa are you crazy?
Speaker 12: Take a look?
Speaker 5: Okay, send it over to Amy, Hey, waiter, would you mind sending this over to the table too?
Speaker 4: Thank you, No problem. I'll just use the same fork.
Speaker 1: You're really gonna eat that?
Speaker 5: I mean, nothing touched my mouth with the fork. So how about it this? It really tastes like it is the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 4: Very weird.
Speaker 5: We cooked this steak in the dishwasher and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna get right in the middle.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 5: It even looks like salmon.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna take the bite.
Speaker 8: You know, it's gonna put the whole thing in your mouth.
Speaker 7: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: She did a whole bite.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, guys, it's not down.
Speaker 8: Does it taste like salmon?
Speaker 5: I could have just thought salmon. So it tasted like salmon because I hate even rare like I like it medium well with a one.
Speaker 4: This is not I don't eat this way at all. I don't hate it. All right, let me try and there's not I get that it's still pink and stuff, but it's not like there's blood coming out when you cut into it. And I feel like sometimes even when you have it more cooked.
Speaker 5: Than that, does anyone like rare steak?
Speaker 4: Though I do medium rare, I don't I get well done, and that wasn't terrible to me?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, so I would never pass on a good steak.
Speaker 5: So, and that is a good steak. We just might not have cooked it appropriately.
Speaker 8: Right, yea, it's how big? Was your bite smaller than the Hey?
Speaker 12: Mine was a tiny tea all right?
Speaker 4: Bobby's was like the size of a oh Man definitely read pinky nail.
Speaker 5: Smaller actually smaller.
Speaker 8: Yes, I mean it's not bad.
Speaker 5: So that just freaked me out. Try it again in your head. Yeah, I'm good, I'm good. I mean, if you really say it's good, take a big bite, though, we need to really get some taste in there.
Speaker 10: I mean, if you guys are eating it, I'm.
Speaker 4: Telling you it's not bad. Like maybe the dishwasher did something the inside.
Speaker 10: There's some blood coming out.
Speaker 5: This is the ultimate peer pressure. Well, if you guys are doing it, I guess I might as well didn't have. Here we go, that's a big one.
Speaker 4: Take it in.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, stick that meat.
Speaker 8: In, meat going in the mall.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 7: That's a big piece, she said, go ahead.
Speaker 5: It doesn't taste like dishwasher because plastic.
Speaker 4: Oh so, now we just have microplastics in our body.
Speaker 8: But that's fine. We already did.
Speaker 5: Gosh, Bobby eat it. I just wonder if it's going to make me sick? Is it cooked enough? That's because stick with you, guys. Let's google how rare of steak can you eat?
Speaker 4: Because this is Bobby rare. People eat raw steak.
Speaker 5: Then how can people get diseased from steak?
Speaker 4: If it's ground up? You don't want to eat ground meat rare? But a cut of steak.
Speaker 5: A thermometer, because we can eat a rare dune this level around one hundred and twenty one hundred and thirty stop degree fahrenheit.
Speaker 12: Well that's one and twenty.
Speaker 8: I would say that's fifty something.
Speaker 5: People even like rarer, like blue rare around one fifteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't you remember my nephewho's a meat scientist. He came on and told us.
Speaker 5: Okay, break it over, you're good. There you go, there, you go, break it over.
Speaker 8: Man, I'll tell you what pretty good?
Speaker 5: How much this is like a trick?
Speaker 8: No, it's good.
Speaker 4: A hamburger, you go, well done. A cut of steak, you're good.
Speaker 5: Just it's bleeding, bleeding when I cut it.
Speaker 12: I don't really like that part of it.
Speaker 4: Tap into your ancestral side.
Speaker 5: Guys, it's so it's so pink, it's real red. I'm gonna freak myself out and think I'm sick all day.
Speaker 4: Close your eyes.
Speaker 5: Already, I've already seen it.
Speaker 4: Wow, you're not going to do it.
Speaker 5: Why I did it? To start? I started a trend that was like a nibble man, I'm out, No, you're not doing that. I come on, I started the trend and you guys all follow me, thinking the leader. But I'm too big of a wimp. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 8: So we all get sick and you don't. We know it's a steak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good point. Okay, well what do we think. Do we think the dish washing can cook a steak?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 10: I think the searing did it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the searing only did the outside of it.
Speaker 4: The real test would be if somebody takes a bite of the other one that's still in the bag, because this is quality meat from Yeah, but.
Speaker 5: The seering only does the outside edge. The seering has nothing to do.
Speaker 8: With middle cook it, yeah at all?
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, we need to shout out the meat.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Same, that's brother.
Speaker 4: But the name of his farm Sam Hot Farms.
Speaker 5: All right, So we do we or do we not think this works? I say no, okay, what if we did it for two hours?
Speaker 8: Let's try it.
Speaker 4: We have the other piece, but the bag's open.
Speaker 8: Now that's true. We need another bag.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're gonna go with don't try this at home. Yeah, okay, do not try this at home?
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Finally the day has come.
Speaker 3: These show members got paid for investing in that palette with Lunchbox over two years ago. They've been waiting on their money. It's been a whole whole bunch of drama. It was even at one point he who shall not be named aka the palette aka Voldemore if you.
Speaker 2: Understand that reference, we did not talk about it.
Speaker 3: And then it came back up and finally they are seeing a return on their investment. How much is what you're about to find out? And this time hopefully it's that's the end.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox owes us all money, and a lot of money. We all put in eighty bucks and we bought this palette from this company that takes all the Amazon refunds. Basically, so if you buy something on Amazon, you don't want it, you send it back, you get your money back. But then they just put it somewhere and then mysteriously they package a bunch together and you buy them, and then I guess the plan is you take them all apart and you sell them individually and make more money. It's like buying a card and stripping it for parts, except this is a pallet of refunds. Yeah, so six of us put eighty dollars in, so you're talking about a good amount of money. Lunchbox starts selling the stuff, and not without drama and him cussing Abby out on the air, and it was a whole thing. So we just stopped talking about it for months, but he's been selling it. We all put an eighty seven fifty a person, five hundred and twenty five dollars total, and we told them if we don't have our money now, we want out of everything. So that's the full reminder to everybody listening. And he's promised us that we're going to understand why he hasn't given us any money. Lunchbox, I'm going to hand the floor to you.
Speaker 10: Would you like to know you're total? Would you like me to just hand you the envelopes. You want me to tell you the reason?
Speaker 5: Did you bring envelopes? Oh yeah, for each person? Pass them out, then we won't open yet. Pass out.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, this is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like, oh.
Speaker 1: The money ferry is here.
Speaker 5: It's like dirty.
Speaker 2: They're not actual envelopes.
Speaker 4: It's pieces of paper, staples.
Speaker 8: Whatever the money is.
Speaker 5: This feels like a drug deal for sure, But what the money?
Speaker 8: It looks that's okay. We're not picky as long as there's money in this.
Speaker 5: How long has it been we've had this money, you're weird? Two years, A couple of weeks, two years, yes, somewhere three summer twenty twenty three. He's had this for almost two years. He hasn't paid us.
Speaker 4: Where where has time gone?
Speaker 5: Lunchbark, stop yelling, okay, just just keep slapping paper.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's heavy, it's got that feels.
Speaker 5: Kind of like, alright, give me the money. Scuba walked in and wanting his.
Speaker 12: By truck in the process. I like my money.
Speaker 5: Scuba walked in with the hand. What if he messed up and did it by five? Oh?
Speaker 8: No missing one?
Speaker 5: Oh he's yelling, oh no, digging into his bag. Is this a bit no, no, maybe I left another room. Okay, but you did.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I did it right, I did it?
Speaker 5: You get scuba into our two years.
Speaker 12: Make sure that because this could be a wrong amount of money.
Speaker 5: Aunt of money, six not five.
Speaker 8: I divided another room.
Speaker 5: The prod studio over there.
Speaker 12: Yeah, maybe I dropped in there.
Speaker 8: You dropped money. That's that's shocking to me.
Speaker 5: Do you want to go for help him? Find it real quick?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: It may it may have dropped at the house. Man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know you did it right right?
Speaker 9: It was mad.
Speaker 5: It was in the glass room and confused. I think this doesn't even go any further until you have my money, because I'm not concerned.
Speaker 11: I'm not concerned that you have completely affed up and you took it and divided by five and not six.
Speaker 5: You keep raving your hands around. No, no, no, no, no, no, where is my money? I must have dropped the envelope at home. There's Are you sure, though? Guys? Can we accept this money? And I don't think you can it.
Speaker 8: We can't.
Speaker 5: There's no way you can. I think that the money back.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, did you ride your bike to work today?
Speaker 5: That's a serious question. He does ride his bike.
Speaker 1: I didn't ride it today.
Speaker 5: Hey, how beauty. The irony of him dropping cash on the road, somebody finding it and just keeping it as when he says he found it, he would just keep it.
Speaker 4: And he's always like, how could someone leave it on the little bit of money before?
Speaker 5: So nobody opened their money. We can't do it. If I'm gonna be the cast of friends, we all get the same at the same time, or we get nothing.
Speaker 12: Joe, look at that proud suit. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Can he call Do we want to take a break? Why or something and come back and see if he finds it in the other room.
Speaker 12: Maybe I want to because I want my money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nobody, nobody open. I was so excited to do this. I may have left run at home. Is your wife at home? Nope? Any chance you left a kid at home? Okay, we're gonna check.
Speaker 7: My God.
Speaker 5: The Bobby Bones hunch boxes entered the room again. He passed out all of our money. He owes us a bunch of money, so we have it. We're not going to open it though, until Scuba Steep has this because he gave five of us all of our money from this palate that we all invested in. Where Scuba Steve's money.
Speaker 10: I don't know, man, I guess it's at the house.
Speaker 5: This is so dumb, so you don't really know.
Speaker 8: Now, I really don't know.
Speaker 10: Like I literally like did all the statemling and every day, and I was like, all right, and I swear I'll put them all in the bag. And then I went and tried to give you hand it out, and there's only four in the bag.
Speaker 5: Okay, I needed to walk around and pick up everybody's money. We can't even look at the envelope.
Speaker 8: I don't even want to touch this money.
Speaker 10: Oh and I even talk about labeling them to our listeners.
Speaker 5: I'd like to say something. Who were like, man, you should give lunch box a hard time. It's always something we've been for two years. For two years, we've been trying to get paid from this thing. We all, I don't even want to say invested. We dumbly put money in and then left him in.
Speaker 8: Charge of it, and we got suckered.
Speaker 7: A is what we did.
Speaker 10: Yes, no, God tell you something what. I even took my kids to the bank so they could see.
Speaker 5: Me withdraw so much money for what reason?
Speaker 8: So they could see all the cash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they were freaking out.
Speaker 9: Could I hold it? Could I hold it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Did you let your kids hold it?
Speaker 5: I didn't hold it, boy, I let him just take a picture with it us. The audio, it's like cops after a drug bust when they've got all the money, they're taking a picture.
Speaker 10: Okay, And so they all held the money, took pictures and man, I don't know what that's not good.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: This is gosh, Scuba Steve, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'd like to apologize.
Speaker 5: Well, we need to do Scoob was so mad. Okay, here's all I need to do, Scoob. But all right, and I need to say this because this is the only way Lunchbox will get one over on us. If he thought if he was playing three D chess, I would say, brilliant move. Because what he could do right now is say, oh, I forgot one, take the money back. He could keep that extra for himself, divide all this money in the five into six, and then he just made a bunch of money.
Speaker 12: Off of us.
Speaker 5: Because we don't know that, we don't know the actual amount. So we need to give Abby, who wasn't in one of the packs now, so you can count it to make sure when it comes back tomorrow it's the same exact amount. No, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Anybody can spreadsheet it. Then show Morgan the number on the spreadsheet for everybody's cartelling. I mean, as long as somebody knows that number, because he could totally mathematically play us. Don't tell us the number, Morgan.
Speaker 8: Make sure he doesn't change it more.
Speaker 5: I would never you would, you would?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 10: No, See that's the difference between me and you guys, like I would never scam you guys.
Speaker 12: I'm an honest businessman.
Speaker 5: Morgan, do not say hold it? Does not hold it? Okay, see right there, hold it to your heart. Don't tell us if it's less than that tomorrow, because he really could have done this bit. We don't look No, no, no, you can't open it.
Speaker 3: You can't open it out there?
Speaker 5: Does I have die packs in it?
Speaker 8: Why can't we open it? No?
Speaker 5: No, I want her to experience it like everybody else. But did she get a pack? But still then she knows and it's not as exciting.
Speaker 8: Is it.
Speaker 5: It's either like two dollar bills or it's pictures of fake money with his head on it. Something's up with this money. No, it's not.
Speaker 10: There's nothing up with the money exepver it's missing.
Speaker 5: Is there any chance you lost Scuba Steves? I mean there's a chance.
Speaker 10: I mean obviously, I like literally you saw the shock on my face, but I didn't know that I didn't have an envelope.
Speaker 5: So we'll do this again tomorrow and hopefully everybody has the other day. Yeah, I mean, what's one more day?
Speaker 8: It's so frustrated. Oh guys, look at Amy. Amy's like not even laughing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I'm like, this is so stupid.
Speaker 5: We've been doing two years, Amy.
Speaker 4: I know, and I try to have your back lunchbox, and then you go and do this.
Speaker 5: So I didn't do this, This happened. This is why you don't leave him in charge of things, though, And you get like, why do you always say that? This is example eighty three. We all put in eighty seven dollars to buy this palette of used items from Amazon, and we didn't know what it was. Then lunchboxes like, well, individually sell them. He's been selling them, but he would not give us our money. He told us today he was gonna explain why we never got our money. Do you want to explain or wait till tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Oh, wait till tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we're done.
Speaker 8: God, we were so close to that money.
Speaker 4: We were so close it felt pick too.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm not convinced it was real money. Could have been a sponge, just sink sponge or something. Okay, I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: That's it for me this weekend. Friends, Thanks for being here. As always.
Speaker 3: I'm just really appreciative you listened to this weekend show and not only catch up on the show, but also listen to our fun chats on part one Part three.
Speaker 2: I think you'll get a big kick out.
Speaker 13: Of this weekend.
Speaker 3: Abby and I always have fun together. It's like two best friends just catching up. And I hope you go out, whether you're on the water, hanging out with friends or family, go enjoy this weekend and remember what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, as always, I love you. Talk to you next week.
Speaker 7: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 4: And follow ed web girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.