Speaker 1: High Strange is released weekly every Thursday, brought to you absolutely free, but if you want to bene the whole season, it's available right now on Apple Podcasts for all Tenderfoot Plus subscribers. You'll also get exclusive bonus episodes throughout the season.
Speaker 2: For more information, check out the show notes. Enjoy the episode.
Speaker 3: The first gate we're going here. This one is the main gate. Where we're going is an entrance, but it's about forty minutes from the base. This is an active base on people think it isn't it is. I've seen too many planes over the years. I've seen too many things they train. Look how many cameras That one rotates and watches us. That one sometimes will follow you, and then you have three cameras on that pullback.
Speaker 4: There you have a camera to the right.
Speaker 3: I don't know of any government installation of any kind in the country that goes to the level of secrecy this one does.
Speaker 5: This is it right here?
Speaker 3: If you cross, they will detain you. I hold you in federal prisons six months to a year.
Speaker 2: So you said, I probably shouldn't cross that stop side.
Speaker 4: Do not go through that gate. I'm not going with you.
Speaker 2: If you do, welcome to high stranger.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 6: If you do ones like part of this mythology, it's just become the sort of mecca for people. For a while, they wouldn't even acknowledge there was such a place. We know it exists, but it's extremely secretive. The base develops our most advanced secret military aircraft, so we might not find out about something for years after it already happens at that base and they're test flying it, and it's very very sensitive because you don't want our adversaries to know about what we're doing. I mean, it makes complete sense that it would be secret. There's always people going around trying to peek in and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Hey that's me. Let's face it, though.
Speaker 1: The odds of getting a glimpse of anything extraordinary here are pretty much zero. But with all the hype around Area fifty one, this is a place that I still want to see with my own eyes.
Speaker 6: You get in big trouble if you try to cross fences and things that are all around that base.
Speaker 1: Indeed they do, at least that's what the sign says, And apparently in twenty nineteen it actually happened. A man with a quote cylindrical object in his hands, approached the base entrance and just kept on walking, and when he ultimately breached the security gate, he was shot.
Speaker 2: Dead on site by a guard. Yeah, we're not doing all that.
Speaker 1: Because of Area fifty one's place in UFO pop culture, it's attracted all kinds of people over the years. You might remember an event called Storm Area fifty one that happened a few years ago.
Speaker 7: Nevada officials are bracing for an invasion at Area fifty one by humans. Now the extraterrestrial hub is front and center thanks to a Facebook group dubbed Storm Area fifty one. They can't stop us all.
Speaker 1: In twenty nineteen, a Facebook event was made as a joke inviting people to raid Area fifty one.
Speaker 6: All these people logged into Facebook and said, yeah, i'll go, I'll go, I'll go, and it became this movement.
Speaker 1: Within a few months, the event had over two million people attending and the Internet was covered in alien.
Speaker 7: Memes, attracting more than two million fans. The movement quickly went from a joke to no laughing matter.
Speaker 6: The Storm Area fifty one declares we can move faster than their bullets.
Speaker 5: Let's see them aliens.
Speaker 6: I think it speaks to the frustration that people have that's been building up over decades, the fact that they're not told what we have, they're not given information by the government. This was sort of an expression of that they don't know what to do, but they don't know what to believe. Let's just go out there and protest.
Speaker 1: On September twentieth, twenty nineteen, the storm Area fifty one event really happened, but it was quite underwhelming. A few hundred people showed up, most in costumes and holding goofy signs, one reading clap alien cheeks what. As a result, six people were ultimately arrested, but thankfully no one was shot or killed.
Speaker 4: You work at Area fifty one, you're never supposed to tell anybody. You're not supposed to tell your loved ones. You have a contract that doesn't really exist.
Speaker 3: So somebody working at Area fifty one could work at Area fifty one their whole life and not know what's going on. They're entered into a room with security, they're working on at cog of the machine. They don't know what's going on in the room next to them. There's probably only a handful of people that really know what's going on in area fifty one at other places like it, and to that degree, it makes me wonder why, even if it was national defense, you still think that people that were working on it should know what they're working canon. It's more about what you don't see and what you don't hear about it, and why.
Speaker 4: They go to that level. I have no clue what do we know. We know nothing.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's all conspiracy opinion, so quite easily if they're hiding something here, this is a great place for it. There's nothing around it, so you could hide all kinds of stuff here, I was told by a sheriff. Once you enter the base through the gate, there's another gate five minutes in, another gate like ten minutes in, so you're passing by multiple gates after you get the first initial one. If you drive into it, and you're going to be surrounded right away.
Speaker 4: This is it rare.
Speaker 1: Our guide parked the suv a short walk from the second gate. Dusty water was pulling across the desert road from a rare recent rain in the area, so from this point we had to get out and walk the rest of the way.
Speaker 4: It's actually the dotted line.
Speaker 1: The entrance is surrounded by two massive hills in the perfect position for an amazing vantage point on pretty much.
Speaker 2: Anything down below.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew we were being watched, but it's almost like you could feel it too. Throughout the course of the day, our local guide rattled off fun facts and interesting anecdotes about the base.
Speaker 2: He's personally been coming here for years.
Speaker 1: The stories he told kept the illusion alive that we were in some kind of spy movie.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind it.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: About a year ago in April, I was coming to Area fifty one. On the right hand side of the car, there's a stealth bomber. Literally it's flying alongside of us, and I said, hey, can you guys record that? So they take video of it. When they send it to me, you could hear the stealth. No, there was nothing in that video. We should have had it in the video. How did they miss it? Was they edited the video or there was something blocking it from recording, But whatever it was, we should have had it in the video.
Speaker 2: I don't know about all that, but maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I will say this, my phone had no service the whole time, and it was a little glitchy, freezing and moving slow, and it seemed to stop when we left the base.
Speaker 2: Probably just need the new iOS update right now.
Speaker 3: I've been coming here for years, and about a month ago, I was about five eight miles up something like that, and all of a sudden we thought it was aircraft because it was super loud.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, oh my, is that a jet? And then I realized it's the tire.
Speaker 3: I got out of my car to get the tire in the back, and there was a black truck, share of truck that I've never even seen in this area, and he stopped and asked me if I needed help. I don't know where he came from, and I'm not kidding about that. I literally did not see him coming or going, and it shocked me that actually somebody was right behind me.
Speaker 4: It's a fifteen minute dirt road.
Speaker 3: You can see all the way around you for miles, so if you had like a black truck or anything, you.
Speaker 4: Would see it coming from miles. My opinion.
Speaker 3: Now, there could be an entrance you only could see.
Speaker 4: On the right angle.
Speaker 2: Hang on, let me get my tenfoil hat.
Speaker 1: This place is certainly mysterious, and even objectively so you could say all kinds of crazy things about it.
Speaker 2: But the fact is we truly know nothing.
Speaker 1: Even if they're just testing our own advanced aircraft here, it's not really a stretch to believe that they could take their security measures to James Bond level.
Speaker 9: Shit.
Speaker 1: Thinking about all this stuff starts brewing this internal question, do you want to be a skeptic, a believer, a complete neutral?
Speaker 2: Do you not care at all?
Speaker 1: For me, it's the idea of wanting to believe versus This sounds insane. As the sun was starting to set, we called it a wrap on our Area fifty one adventure. We saw no aliens or spaceships, but I got to witness firsthand a level of secure, already in flat out secrecy that I've never really seen before.
Speaker 2: And for the links that they go to in order to hide and.
Speaker 1: Protect this place, you'd at least expect or even hope they're doing something pretty damn cool in there. Or maybe it's just a private golf course for senators.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 10: We're going to talk about flying saucers. We're going to talk about them from the standpoint of reporters, not as Canadians, not as sensationalists.
Speaker 1: I've always had an interest in the subject of UFOs since I was a kid in the wouldn't that be cool if they were a real kind of way nothing serious. Not until I started making this show, going through cases, digging up old documents, and talking to witnesses that I start applying a more analytical approach to this thing. When it comes to UFOs, there's this common notion that the government knows more that they're hiding the truth. Most of the conspiracy stuff, in my opinion, is nonsense. But when you really peer down the barrel of the UFO topic, you'll find that this whole government secrecy thing is actually rooted in truth. Let's talk about Project blue Book for a second.
Speaker 11: In plain English, Project blue Book said there was a certain percentage of cases they could not explain.
Speaker 2: Here's Brian Bender.
Speaker 5: They said that that's fifty years ago.
Speaker 10: There have been a certain percentage of this volume of reports that have been made by credible observers of relatively incredible things. It is this group of observations that we now are attempting to resolve.
Speaker 11: From the late forties to the late sixties, Project blue Book was a public government wide effort led by the Air Force to look at this issue.
Speaker 6: The CIA convene this panel early nineteen fifties in which they decided to use ridicule and to use debunking as a tool.
Speaker 2: Here's Leslie Kane the tool.
Speaker 6: To get people to stop focusing on this so much.
Speaker 12: The United States Air Force has apparently clamped the lid on much information about UFOs and sought to ridicule such reports as it couldn't muffle.
Speaker 11: These agencies exist to withhold information.
Speaker 5: It is what they're about.
Speaker 11: They keep their weapons systems secret, how they work, sometimes even that they're developing them at all. They're not about spreading around everything they know. So if you understand that this is a culture built on keeping secrets.
Speaker 5: So that we have an edge over the bad guys, throw in the UFO topic.
Speaker 11: If they do know more things, but they don't know everything, what do you tell the world, Even if you did want to.
Speaker 10: Be transparent, There is no measurement that makes it possible for us to put them in any pattern for a deliberate, custom sort of analysis to take the next step.
Speaker 6: I don't like the term cover up. It has this connotation of sort of conspiracy theories. Nobody's disputing the fact that the government is withholding information.
Speaker 12: It's absolutely a fact private organizations exist that are wholly devoted to intensive investigation of every reported sighting of UFO's unknown flying objects. From their investigations have come certain tentative and disturbing conclusions.
Speaker 6: Project Bluebook used ridicule to make witnesses feel bad or diminish the issue. There's basically been some level of cover up, if you want to use that word, withholding of information from the public, providing misleading information to steer people away.
Speaker 2: In Layman's terms.
Speaker 1: Project Bluebook was created by the US Air Force in nineteen fifty two to investigate UFO sidings, and among the hundreds of cases they looked into, many of them remained unsolved. The Air Force decided to try and lessen the public's interest in UFOs and embarked on a literal debunking campaign. They used the mass media to ridicule the topic, hired scientists, astronomers, and even celebrities to poke at this subject by putting forth ordinary explanations for the sidings, when in fact they themselves didn't know what they were and continue to investigate them. One line from the now declassified documents says, quote, we need to watch civilian UFO groups because of their potentially great influence on mass thinking. And this isn't a conspiracy theory. These are all facts from government documents that were available under the Freedom of Information Act.
Speaker 10: We have as a date come to only one firm conclusion. It does not contain any pattern of purpose that we can relate to any conceivable threat to the United States.
Speaker 6: The final closing statement of Project Bluebook said that no UFO has ever been a threat to national.
Speaker 11: Security, and then after that they said, well, we're done, we don't study this anymore. So why is there all this paper trail of UFO related things that were being done. We know from the archival record there were sightings over a military bases, the security personnel on those bases. We're told to go look into this. There's obviously a paper trail for that. They've definitely been studying it.
Speaker 6: In the nineteen seventies, Wealth of Documents came out a document that came out known as the bold Under Memo, saying well, even though we're closing Blue Book, everyone can still continue to report the UFO cases that are relevant to national security through other channels. Basically, it's acknowledging that UFOs are a national security threat, and yet The final closing statement of Projects Bluebook said that no UFO has ever been a threat to national security. So you have these documents written months apart that are absolutely contradictory of each other, all.
Speaker 2: These years later.
Speaker 13: If they're saying there's things out there and we don't know what they are, with that distrust already there, do we believe them now or how do you factor that in?
Speaker 6: I just think they're not saying everything.
Speaker 5: There's no evidence that there are is.
Speaker 6: There's no evidence that they're Russian or Chinese, but they won't say these are not man made objects.
Speaker 1: A Chinese by balloon was shot down about a month before this show was set to release. In less than a week after that, the US military shot down another unknown object off the coast of Alaska, then the next day another shot down over Canada, then went over northern Michigan the following day. The first object shot down was explained to be a spy surveillance balloon from China. There's tons of pictures on the Internet and even eleaked selfie from one of the pilots clearly a balloon, but the following three objects still have no explanation, and the government has since said they've been unable to locate the debris. Looking back at the Roswell incident, it's hard to shake this little feeling of deja vu.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of distrust and healthy distrust in sort of American political culture.
Speaker 5: I think the government knows more, even just understanding how the intelligence agencies work.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of things that they know, puzzle pieces that they've collected that they don't talk about. But I also think it's often because they have something and they don't quite know what it is. They're not like you and me. They're not hey, let's tell people what we know. It's a complete opposite. So when in doubt the stamp.
Speaker 6: Classified, just classify, classify, classify. As we all know, in the Department of Events, there's a tendency to classify. Lots of times there's a good reason for it, but other times there may not be. Just the automatic response. It's the way Department of Defense operates.
Speaker 11: A lot of times it's ridiculous stuff. It's not even something that would help the bad guys, because the bad guys already know it. The popular perception, this narrative that the government knows so much more and they're just not telling us. Some of that is drawn from reality, a lot of it is not. It comes from movies in Hollywood. Popular culture shows or movies that are built on a real thing or a real phenomenon tend to kind of go off the rails. There is this gap between what is probably the logical reality that we can verify and this woo woo stuff that we see on TV and in movies.
Speaker 5: I think the truth is somewhere in between follow the facts.
Speaker 11: I just go by what I've seen and the people that I've met spent years with.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm a complete dupe and they've snowed me over for twenty some years.
Speaker 11: But as a journalist who covers the Pentagon, no matter what the explanation is, they're all hugely big news stories. Whether you think their aliens or not, we should probably do more to try to understand what these six are if we don't know what they are.
Speaker 8: Hillary and I went to Hawaii in twenty eighteen to the Big Islands, where all the telescopes were on top of the mountain, you know, including the Keck telescope, the largest in the world, and several countries have scientific teams there. So after we toured the telescope. We went down and met with them and I said, do you guys argue about the likelihood of life and outer space? He said, we have huge arguments. I said you do, He said, oh huge. I said, what's the range? He said, there are those of us who think it's eighty five percent likely and those of us who think it's ninety five. It's very unlikely that there is not life.
Speaker 1: Not everyone out there is trying to prove the existence of aliens. The scientific community can be pretty split on this.
Speaker 9: It's fun to solve things.
Speaker 1: Here's Mick West, owner of metabunk dot com, a community driven form dedicated to debunking.
Speaker 14: With UFOs in particular, You're presented with an interesting little puzzle, You get a little video and perhaps some background information, and then you've got to try to figure out what this thing actually is. I've looked at literally hundreds of cases. Most of those UFO cases are not interesting. The little dots in the sky or little blobs and things like that just simply not enough of information. It could be a balloon, it could be a bird, could be a drone, could be some kind of other aircraft, could be some kind of secret technology. It could be an unusual natural phenomena like ball lightning. It could be like an alien spaceship. These are all possible explanations, but you start off with the ones that are most likely. It sounds easy to say it's unexplained, but that's not an explanation.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 14: Just saying a UFO sounds much simpler, but it's really not. People have cognitive biases. If someone's looking for something, they might find it. They might tend to see it. If they are looking for a UFO, just a generic UFO, they're going to find him. There are lots of things in the sky that you can't immediately identify. To spend one hour outside just looking at the sky, you will see all kinds of things. You'll be able to identify a bunch of them. But at some point you're going to see a white cigar shaped object off in the distance. It'll be a plane, but you won't be able to tell this it's a plane, And if you were of the mind to be looking for UFOs, you wouldn't interpret it as a plane. You think there's a UFO. People's perceptions very greatly. They're perfectly honest. People are not lying in these accounts. Say what they saw, but what they saw isn't really what was actually there, is what their brain perceived.
Speaker 1: Obviously, not every strange sighting of an object in the sky is truly something unexplainable. Our brains are not perfect, and occasionally we can remember details wrong. Working in true crime, I've seen this happen time and time again. People have been charged for a murder that an eyewitness saw them commit, only years later forensic evidence proving it was actually someone else.
Speaker 14: A few months ago, pilots started seeing what they described as lights in the sky. They see what looks like planes flying around and a holding pattern a racetrack passion because he shaped like a racetrack. Some pilots started reporting them, and then loads of other pilots started reporting them.
Speaker 16: Several pilots lightly I've reported seeing objects that they cannot explain flying over the US.
Speaker 14: These flying objects doing these circuits and the sky, and some of them actually took video.
Speaker 15: I just happened to look out the right hand side at the starboard side of the aircraft. I look up and I see two lights and they were doing like a circle like a racetrack. Next thing I know, there's three lights and then there's four lights, then there's five lights, and I'm like, what the heck's going on? So I made a call to air traffic control.
Speaker 17: They're going out of every aircraft ronder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, you're not entering any military or space or anything.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure.
Speaker 15: I thought I saw a shooting star, but the weird thing was it actually stopped and joined the circle. We'd forty seven thousand feet nobody's above us, and they kept moving, and at one point they moved up almost.
Speaker 5: Over the top rore. I was trying to bend my head to look because they were so high above us.
Speaker 14: So you could say, well, maybe it's an alien spaceship. Perhaps it's time travelers from the future. These are explanations that sound simple, but they're really not. Eventually, a guy on my forum, metabunk, came up with the right answer. What we were actually looking at were Starlink satellites. We took the actual data of these satellites and some a video where we knew the location, and we were able to sync them up. Here is the flare of this satellite where he gets brighter, and here is an actual Starling satellite, and we could match them perfectly. What the pilots were seeing were starling satellites that are in their final position right over the horizon with the sun behind them, just illuminated by the sun, and we could match them perfectly. The pilots thought that these things were moving in circles. It turns out this was kind of an optical illusion, because what happened was the satellites were moving across their field of view, and they were get seem brighter and then dimming, and then another one would come along. It kind of looked like from their perspective, it was just one thing that was moving in circles. I think that tells you a number of interesting things. I mean, one is that eyewitness accounts aren't always going to be reliable. Sometimes people mess up, sometimes equipment fails. We know these things happen, and we know coincidences happen. We know that sometimes something happens on the same day as another thing that seems really weird. Sometimes you see something on TV, then you see the same thing down the street. The weird coincidence they happen. Is that actually stranger than the alternatives. If I give an explanation that requires a few hoops to be jumped through.
Speaker 9: Say, it requires the radar.
Speaker 14: To be faulty and someone to have made a mistake, to have misperceived something from their flight. It sounds like I'm having to jump through a whole bunch of hoops. But is a radar failing and someone making a mistake and someone else misperceiving something and someone else taking a video? Is that actually stranger than the discovery of a new alien race visiting Earth with their spaceships. If UFOs are something like aliens, that would tell us something really significant about the universe. Monumental is significant in terms of human's place in the world. A lot of human society is based upon religion, and religion is kind of predicated on the idea that God created man and the universe for man.
Speaker 9: And it's just that.
Speaker 14: If all of a sudden you get these aliens thrown into the mix, that's going to upend a bunch of people's perceptions about the way the world works. It'll also upend things like technology, how do we get to the stars? You know, how do we extend our lives? How do we know what happens after death? So there's all these questions that people are just fundamentally super interested in that look like they might have answers if some really advanced alien civilization came here.
Speaker 9: It pushes a lot of buttons.
Speaker 14: You want to avoid being an advocate for one explanation. And I think a mistake people make when they're investigating things is they think of this is what it probably is. They decide in their minds, you know, this is where it is, and then they spend all their time trying to make an argument that it is that thing, which is kind of a bad approach. If anything, you should be doing the opposite. You should be trying to disprove the human brain is wired to recognize patterns. Paridelia is seeing patterns where patterns don't exist, like you see patterns in random data. You see faces in the knots of a tree, you see Jesus in this slight toast. It's just a natural human thing. It's not hard to get something that's simply unidentified. If you just see a white cigar shaped object moving in the sky and it's like thirty miles away, it's probably going to be a plane, but it's a UFO because you can't tell exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: According to the Pentagon, they've cataloged over five hundred UFO sidings in recent years, and over three hundred of them were in twenty twenty two alone. Out of these new cases, six of them were ruled to be airborne clutter, twenty six were drones, and one hundred and sixty three were likely balloons. That leaves one hundred and seventy one cases that have no explanation at all.
Speaker 14: UFOs are really only compelling to me if they do something interesting. If you see a white cigar shaped object zip across the sky, stop at one point to the sky, zoom down to the ground, and shoot off into space, be really compelling. I think you've always got to keep an open mind. You've got to recognize that there is a possibility that some of the cases that don't have an immediate and obvious explanation could be some kind of advanced technology, could be something that a foreign power has developed. It could be a secret US military program, It could be visiting aliens. These are possibilities that we shouldn't eliminate just because they sound really outrageous, but you've got to keep them in the context of where the evidence actually is. If we have something that unambiguously demonstrates advanced physics related by a reliable source. That would be a real strong pointer towards it being something new, that there was something going on.
Speaker 6: What makes it case credible is when there's a lot of data. Definitely, multiple witnesses is a basic criteria. If the witnesses are military and highly trained, that gives it another level of credibility, as opposed to like guys at three in the morning drinking beer on their back porch.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 5: It's like any detective story.
Speaker 11: The more people that have seen it from different vantage points have similar testimonies, the credibility of those people.
Speaker 5: What are the facts versus what is just opinioned.
Speaker 11: The most interesting cases are the ones that fit into that category.
Speaker 5: Lots of people reported seeing it, Lots of their testimonies are similar what they saw and when they saw it.
Speaker 11: Cases like that, you can't just dismiss them.
Speaker 18: This is Woodbridge Airfield, an American Air Force base in eastern England.
Speaker 5: Woodbridgefield was the sight of.
Speaker 18: Something that witnesses say seemed to be taken from science fiction.
Speaker 1: Around Christmas time in nineteen eighty, multiple UFOs were reported over a United States military base in eastern England.
Speaker 18: This official US Air Force report obtained under the Freedom of Information Act documents two UFO incidents that were intensely investigated by the Air Force. A triangular luminous flying object with a red light on top and a series of blue lights underneath. A circular, translucent ground hugging disc various lights moving erratically about the night sky, one of which occasionally beamed the shaft of white light downward.
Speaker 1: It is now known infamously as the Rendalsham Forest incident. The event occurred over three days and involved multiple witnesses in the military that were stationed on the base. What these men encountered in the Rendalsham Forest in nineteen eighty remains unexplained to this day. I was able to track down one of the witnesses, a retired military officer who's now in his late seventies.
Speaker 9: I'm just gonna put this in.
Speaker 17: Front of sarted.
Speaker 1: If you want to start, maybe you could just tell us your name of the retired rank.
Speaker 16: My name is Charles Halt. Thirty one years ago. I was in the Air Force Deputy based Command during the nineteen eighties and was witnessed to an unusual event that's kind of left mark on me. What happened in the forest over three nights. In our contacts, what we know unexplainable. It's a burden. There's so much nonsense, so much clutter. There are more, how shall I say, people on the fringe of this subject than you can believe.
Speaker 5: I meet a lot of them. Believe me.
Speaker 16: I certainly haven't looked for fame or money. I haven't ask you for any money. My biggest concern is that the truth is out there.
Speaker 1: Charles Holt's story begins on December twenty seventh, nineteen eighty when.
Speaker 16: I walked into the police station. The desk sergeant started a laugh. I said, what's so funny? Thinking it's you know, he's been working too long, and it's on holidays and whatnot. He said, Carl, you're not going to believe this. Last night, Burrows, Peniston and Cabanasac were out in the woods chasing UFOs all night. I know it wasn't one of our aircraft. The following night, we were having.
Speaker 9: Our Christmas party.
Speaker 16: We were at the Woody barr all forty two officers with the exception of Bruce Ington, who was the on duty police lieutenant. We had just finished dinner and we're getting ready for dessert, and he came into the club white as a sheet. He said to me, we need to talk. We went into the coch room and he said it's back. The UFO's back. We get gassed up across the base. We go down the East Gate Road back into the forest. Meantime, my mom my little cassette recorder I carried with.
Speaker 1: Me everywhere throughout the night. Holt recorded his experience on a cassette tape. He's had this audio for over forty years now, and the tapes you're about to hear were the actual recordings from that night.
Speaker 19: Heyin some kind of mechanical prod, I just sent back into the white take.
Speaker 16: The range to gar Kier and we're milling around and discussing it. England tells me two nights ago, the guy saw this object in saw where landed and there's indentations marks in the soil.
Speaker 17: Okay an now approaching area within about twenty five thirty Peek, what kind of reasons do we get in the fine pine or clicks?
Speaker 4: And we get updated.
Speaker 16: We go into the forest and we do find these three indentations. There are about an inch and a half deep, about ten or twelve inches across equidistance apart. We get the geyer Kinder right, and we find out that the radiation readings are about nine times higher than background radiation in the indentations.
Speaker 17: Of the area, and they can seem kind we get out there on the scale, I guess renown of the high ten scale. The beater's definitely give them that. It's a fast to flex neil I've seen yet.
Speaker 16: There's rub marks or scratch marks on the trees, like something to rub them. When we look up, we can see branches broken. You can see the sky like something to come down.
Speaker 5: Through the trees.
Speaker 16: We take radiation readings on the trees and are higher on the inside toward the three indentations than they are on the backside.
Speaker 17: M h th be that.
Speaker 9: Well, that's kind of funny.
Speaker 17: That's that's you're right about your brain. I've never seen are that's full. I never seen a pine tree, but damage react to put that in. Yeah, well you're gonna stamp the bottle. We'll just.
Speaker 16: While we're meling around, somebody says, look out there, there's this glowing red object.
Speaker 17: You just find light that the other way where in a pendent position here three the heads in between the t There it is again, it's thread the head off my fast right there? What there it is? Yeah, I see it too. What is it?
Speaker 16: We don't know, sir, We don't got the east and in the farmer's field between us and the farmer's house is a glowing red objects.
Speaker 17: A strange small red light. Look to be that maybe a quarter to a half now, maybe before they're out.
Speaker 16: When we first saw the glowing object in the field, barnyard animals went wild.
Speaker 17: We're hearting, very strange sounds out of the farmer's burning ard.
Speaker 12: Animals were very very active, making lefflot of noise.
Speaker 16: It looks like the farmer's house is on fire from the reflection you see in the windows. We watched it for several minutes and it moves into the forest through the trees, obviously under intelligent control. I'm thinking, what am I going to tell people? I have no choice now. People know I'm out here. The command posts heard all these comments. They know something's going on. They're gonna all want an answer. This is just beyond anything I know that. I can't explain it. I don't have any answers.
Speaker 17: Let's start.
Speaker 19: It's the first light where we've seen for about one hundred and fifty two hundred yards fight just definitely call there's some type of strange.
Speaker 17: Fish and red light and still I saw I y'll look in in it.
Speaker 19: Too weird it it appears that you may you move a little bit this way. It's better than aspect hill. It's coming this way. It's definitely coming his way.
Speaker 16: It goes back out into the farmer's field directly overhead a very high speed. At least fifteen people in the weapons storage areas saw the objects in the sky, one.
Speaker 17: Front, one left each kind bykes off. You're something very very strange. It's better than aspat.
Speaker 16: I said, let's try and approach it. We move up to the edge of the forest and when we tried to get close, it went back out into the field. It knew we were trying to get close.
Speaker 17: Harry comes from the sop. He's not a turist now because it.
Speaker 16: Sparks are coming off so bright.
Speaker 5: It was like looking at the sun.
Speaker 4: The ground.
Speaker 16: This is beyond anything that work from where with.
Speaker 7: Her for a specie, Nika White, that's your name in habitat.
Speaker 4: And when that is das Nigga lives gets it, you know smoke a lot of greine, need a weed play, didn't take a lean with a lean and steeping on the g is a bean back. I've been going gene because of cool.
Speaker 3: Unless she was over see pen bet he goes depending bits of superty, show Snee top ton avert.
Speaker 2: Riding, then you well, you can kind of being down and saying the park.
Speaker 17: We've been a down.
Speaker 3: Coma and I helped those boom Nata guys a Nati devil.
Speaker 1: High Strange is an eight part series released weekly for free every Thursday. But if you'd like to beinge the whole series right now, you can subscribe to Tenderfoot plus on Apple Podcasts to get all the episodes right now. Follow the show on TikTok and Instagram at high Strange, and you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram at Payne Lindsay. If you have your own UFO story, email us at tips at high strange dot com. High Strange is a production by Tenderfoot TV in association with Cadence thirteen, created, hosted and edited by myself Payne Lindsay. Executive producers are myself and Donald Albright. Editing by Mike Rooney Cooper Skinner and myself. Original score by make Up in Vanity, Set, sound design, mixing and mastering by Cooper Skinner. Additional production by Mike Rooney, Dylan Harrington, Eric Quintana, Sean Nurney, Meredith Stedman, and Sidney Evans.
Speaker 2: Our cover art is by Polygon.
Speaker 1: This episode features the song space Cadet by metro Booman featuring Gunna, written by Wesley tire Glass, Sergio Kitchens, Leland Tyler, Wayne Alan Ritter and Jack Quiz Webster, performed by metro Booman featuring Gunna courtesy of Republic Records under license from Universal Music Enterprises for metro Booman in three hundred Entertainment for Gunna Special thanks to Orrin Rosenbaum and the whole team at UTA, the Nord Group, Station sixteen, Beck Media and Marketing, as well as Chris Corcoran and the team at Cadence thirteen. Check out the show's website at Highstrange dot com, and if you're enjoying the show, please help us out by rating and reviewing the podcast and share it with your friends.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, SA