Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is Joe Ketty Armstrong and Jattie and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: When you talk about rhetoric, gotta remember they tried to blow his head off.
Speaker 2: There's one candidate.
Speaker 3: In this race who's been shot at and hit in the ear and we're lucky they didn't blow his head off. And another guy tried to kill him the next week. So I'm not overly impressed about the rhetoric game here.
Speaker 2: The rhetoric they're speaking of. That's Lindsey Grahama.
Speaker 4: One of the talk shows yesterday, every one of your Sunday talk shows that none of you watched, and good for you, was focused on some things Trump said at his rally over the weekend. Last hour, we played the comments about Arnold Palmer's genitalia, which you.
Speaker 1: Had Arnie's genitals on your bingo card. Congratulations.
Speaker 4: It was fifteen seconds of an hour and a half rally. It is coarse and unneeded, but you know whatever. And also this is some of the course Rderick they were referring to.
Speaker 5: So you have to tell Kamala Harris that You've had enough that you just.
Speaker 2: Can't take it anymore. We can't stand you. Your ash vice president.
Speaker 6: The worst, You're.
Speaker 5: The worst vice president, Kamala, you fired, get.
Speaker 2: That fired, Get out of here.
Speaker 4: You're an S vice president. I don't know if it was that rally or a different rally where he said.
Speaker 1: Everything the Democrats touch turns to setting up the crowd.
Speaker 2: Nail went s bomb like spit.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is al them a column response running for president of the United States. So than every Republican that was on all the talk shows yesterday had to defend the Arnold Palmer's junk.
Speaker 2: Callin Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: S, Wow, you know, I don't think saying what he said that elevates the discussion.
Speaker 2: I prefer the eloquence of Thomas Jefferson.
Speaker 1: But the idea that I would have to go on a talk show and like defend it and talk.
Speaker 2: About it for a while, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ask him.
Speaker 2: He called her an S vice president. That's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: So the Wall Street Journal has their editorial board wrote a thing today about who's a fascist and who's not. And I heard it portrayed on MSNBC and was misled, which is not surprising because.
Speaker 2: Wall Street Journal I read it. What did they say on MSNBC?
Speaker 4: They were disgusted that the Wall Street Journal referring to Democrats and Biden as a fascist and giving Trump a pass when they actually have like seven paragraphs explaining why they preferred any other Republican candidate that existed to Trump, and that January sixth was abhorrence, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Et cetera, et cetera. Right, Yeah, but giving him a pass. Far from it.
Speaker 4: But the point being, and we've talked about this a lot, I'll jump down to this. Another reason that many Americans don't think Trump is a unique threat to democracy if they've seen Democrats break all sorts of political norms.
Speaker 2: To defeat him.
Speaker 4: Democrats exploited the Russia collusion narrative in twenty sixteen until it was exposed as a lie financed by Hillary Clinton's campaign. Democrats tried to keep mister Trump off the presidential ballot this year. Democrats have used the law in no fewer than five cases to disqualify him, and New York's Attorney general campaign explicitly promised to find something anything to charge him with. This subverts a basic principle of American Justice Democrats, I.
Speaker 1: Might interject very briefly, Democrats tried desperately to get to RFK Junior off of the ballot in several states. And then when he got on the ballot, because all the judges said, what are you doing? Of course he can be on the ballot, excuse me. And when he withdrew. Now they're turn trying desperately to keep him on the ballot even though he's withdrawn, to divide the votes. Oh, please save your fake principles for somebody else.
Speaker 4: Democrats, including Ms Harris, are also candidate saying they want to compromise the independence of the Supreme Court with new political rules and supervision, you know, pack the court, get rid of the filibuster. Even if they get a narrow control of the Senate along with the House and White House. They say they will break the sixty vote filibuster to do that. That, in our view, is a greater threat to the Constitution than anything mister Trump might be able to do in a second term. All of which is to say that the fear of fascism would have more credibility if Democrats didn't abuse power themselves. If they lose the election against a flawed mister Trump. It won't be because he's a want to be Mussolini. The reason will be the Biden Harris record. They also mentioned, because I saw an interview about this over the weekend. How about Biden's trying to bail out all the college student loans clearly illegal. Tried to push it through getting around the Supreme Court over and over again.
Speaker 2: And it's not an either or.
Speaker 1: Trump does all kinds of things that I think says and does things that I think are awful. But don't pretend that there's only one side that tries to use their power to accomplish anything they can.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You're going to you're going to expand the Supreme Court from nine to twelve or fifteen or whatever, so you get to appoint all the justices and control it for the next two generations. Well, and then that whole you know, the Supreme Court ethics plan that we're promoting, would have Congress overseeing the Supreme Court and essentially ruling on when a justice could hear a case and when they couldn't. Oh please, It would obliterate the separation of the powers. You're running on the there's no such thing as free speech anymore because of the modern era on the Internet or something like that, and you need some sort of government boards to decide what is misinformation what is not. And then of course again the student loan thing or the open borders thing, he not enforcing the law right, right, It's probably worth mentioning, at least briefly. So Trump the other day was it on Fox. He had that quote about we have some very bad people. We have some sick people, radical left lunatics, and I think they it should be very easily handled by if necessary, the National Guard, if really necessary, by the military, because they can't let that happen. And of course the left seized on that to say Trump is going to use the military against his political opponents. As usual, Trump was sloppy and self defeating. It didn't finish his sentences, and the journal board talked to him, actually had him in and had a long conversation with him, and he made it clear he was talking about violent, violent demonstrators, your Antifa types, But of course he couldn't say that the first time for whatever reason anyway, because he was talking about civil unrest, not against people want to vote Democrat.
Speaker 2: I prefer this Trump run on the frime machine.
Speaker 6: And I'm going to take from these.
Speaker 5: Ones for this person partatiles correctless wisp you're tight?
Speaker 2: Is that assault on it?
Speaker 5: Never touches the human hand full? This guy's a good instructor. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give a really big.
Speaker 5: One so that he was pouring out of How good is.
Speaker 4: That Trump making the little cardboard thing full of fries. Never touches the human hand Get the salt on there? Okay, good and full? Oh my god, that is funny. That's classic presidential campaigning to just that sort of thing. It was way overblown on both sides all day, yes, say, and everything's overblown on social media on how awful and dumb it was or how important and and regular guy it was. And it's just it's it's what presidential campaigns have been doing forever, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Trump and the apron though, that was a pretty good visual. That is a good visual.
Speaker 1: I wanted to throw this in just real quickly because Jack, you brought up the whole misinformation and disinformation is reason for the government to censor only you know, untrue speech. And we mentioned this very very early in the show. It's a note from Rich in San Bruno, California, who took a group of high school students to the Soviet Union in nineteen seventy eight for a learning trip, which is an incredible opportunity.
Speaker 2: I wish I'd done something like that, And he.
Speaker 1: Said they got various publications and the tour guide assured them the contrary to American propaganda, the Soviet Union guarantees all citizens the right to free speech, and so Rich curiously he says, I asked our Soviet guide if that's true. Can I carry a sign to Red Square saying Lennard Brezhnev is a fool? His stern response, of course not. And then he explained that one may criticize something only if it's true. You cannot lie and say the leader is a fool. That would be he didn't say this, but misinformation, so that dodge among totalitarians. As I've been trying to tell you for a very long time, it's never changing.
Speaker 2: That's always the excuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or that speech that's dangerous to the public tranquility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's disturbing to me. I gotta believe in the.
Speaker 4: When it came to the Soviets or Sadam Hussein or Kim Jong un or whoever. When they're saying this, they know exactly what they're doing. I'm not gonna let you say anything bad about me. What bothers me about so many of the Democrats is they actually believe that they have the special wisdom to determine what are the real things and what are the not real things that should be allowed to be in the news.
Speaker 2: Right. Not only do they have.
Speaker 1: The knowledge, the intelligence, the data I mean, because I'm thinking about various COVID related controversies, not only do they have a lock on the world's scientific knowledge, they have the wisdom to know when and how to apply the censor's red pen, which is a hell of a boast because they're wrong on both freaking counts. And I despise them for even claiming it. And the woman who would be president is saying, and her veep is saying, no.
Speaker 2: We should be able to, you know, just cut out.
Speaker 1: Misinformation and disinformation and malinformation, which is again a dead giveaway that they're bamboozling you. They're throwing a bunch of terms around that don't actually mean anything.
Speaker 2: You brought this up last week.
Speaker 4: I think you're right though, the saying we need to find a way to stop misinformation, disinformation and malinformation is a bit of a signal to the fact that this is bs, isn't it The fact that you're using three different words that mean the same thing, making it seem like we're just so overwhelmed with a misinformation. Then you've got the disinformation, And then even if you get your arms around that, what about the mal information?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's probably a fancy Latin term for this, but I think it's the fallacy of false expertise.
Speaker 2: And you hear halfwits do this all the time.
Speaker 1: They throw around a bounch of fancy terms to make them come off as more knowledgeable than they really are. And in this topic, if somebody hears big words and words that seem to mean the same thing.
Speaker 2: But obviously I'm out of my depth here.
Speaker 1: They're experts on this, so I guess I'll defer to them.
Speaker 4: So I saw Ian Bremmer on the Twitter over the weekend with a warning about what it's going to look like after the election, and I think he's probably right that you.
Speaker 2: Ought to hear.
Speaker 4: I'm I don't know, I'm getting lots of dried food powdered water and cowered for you, and ammunition. I'm getting prepared for after the election.
Speaker 1: Dystopian healthcape oh obviously, neighbor on neighbor violence, cannibalism.
Speaker 2: Absolutely getting ready for that, among other things. We got on the waist to hear.
Speaker 5: There's a group called white Dudes for Harris. Have you seen this? White Dudes for Harris? Anybody know?
Speaker 6: Are some of you hear?
Speaker 1: White dudes?
Speaker 5: Doesn't sound like it, But I'm not worried about them at all because their wives and their wives lovers are.
Speaker 2: All voting for me.
Speaker 5: Every one of those people.
Speaker 1: In their lovers are all voting.
Speaker 2: Boy oh boy, my god. Now that's a shot.
Speaker 4: That's Trump at the Al Smith dinner and he brought up this topic and you weren't here when we discussed this on Thursday, and I want to have that conversation while you're here.
Speaker 2: Played this. I'd like to thank MC this evening. Jim Gaffigan.
Speaker 5: Most recently, Jim has been playing Tim Wilson Saturday Night Live. And that'll be a very short gig, I hope, Jim. But it was fun while at lasted, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Let's see how that lasts.
Speaker 5: It'd better be quick. We don't want him, and I'm not gonna say anymore. But unfortunately Governor Waltz is in here himself. But don't worry, he'll.
Speaker 2: Say that he was.
Speaker 5: He's gonna say. I used to think that Democrats were crazy for saying that men have periods, but then I met Tim Wattz.
Speaker 2: So so I know, I know.
Speaker 4: I heard somebody bring this up, and we discussed it on Thursday when you were gone, when you abandoned the show. And it's time of need for your own pleasurement.
Speaker 2: It's just yes, but what's a pleasurement? It was yes. Tim Walls is.
Speaker 4: The man that has been portrayed to us in the media for the past several decades that we all been complaining about, kind of the dufest.
Speaker 2: Dad that you know, I'm a knucklehead.
Speaker 4: I can barely thank God for my wife that she can run the household and raise the kids, because I'm just kind of an idiot, a bumbling idiot who barely can. And that is then the guy that's portrayed to us in every sitcom, in every ad for decades now. Yeah, the Kevin James Homer Simpson archetype. Yeah, yeah, which is really not helped society any I don't think. And this was put in the context of why so many black men may be leaning toward Donald Trump and just the here's a guy. I mean, he deed like he's in charge, and he does what he wants and he seems to you know, he's a man. He's like a guy guy instead of a kind of a shame of being a guy and thank God for women to run my life for me and all that.
Speaker 2: Sort of stuff. And I'm a knucklehead at times. That is not very appealing as a man. Yeah, that makes perfect sense to me.
Speaker 1: It's a certain sort of emasculated, ashamed of being a man man that embraces.
Speaker 2: The Tim Walls archetype. And I'm not saying you.
Speaker 1: Need to be a hard ass or have three wives like Trump and Mary, a new model every fifteen years, or what have you. But yeah, that's that whole I apologize for masculinity, crowd. They'll never get my vote.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't hold Donald Trump up as my best example of how to be a human being, definitely, But the other side is certainly true, that kind of apologetic This is my better half.
Speaker 1: All the time. Fang just all right, we get it. Ah, that obsequious. You know, women are so much smarter than men. Huh, everybody knows, guy, Oh, you.
Speaker 2: Disgusted me, right.
Speaker 4: And they put together that ad that we played in mock last week with all the fake actors pretending to be mechanics and cowboys, all different stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the real men for Harris ad, which featured roughly maybe half a real man.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, why the irony there? If Trump wins and he does get.
Speaker 4: A you can credit it to the chunk of like black men that he gets or Hispanic men he gets.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that The political scientists of the of America are going to be thinking about the remaking of the parties and where we're headed. This election is shaping up to have the biggest gender gap ever. I don't think that's good. But I can certainly understand why it's happening. We're gonna have one party that is way heavily male in one party, and you know which ones are which way heavily female in a way that it's never been before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see that lasting. I hope you're right.
Speaker 1: It's because I don't think it's good. No, and honestly, and I could be biased. I think the Republican Party have a lot easier time adjusting its sales as the For instance, the moderate on abortion crowd is getting much more sway in the Republican Party. The Democrats have an enormous problem reigning in their woke far lefties.
Speaker 4: I thought it was ridiculous when they said men can get their periods, but then I met Tim wall Oh eh.
Speaker 2: E no, man eh, that's what he's saying.
Speaker 4: What's it gonna look like after the election. We got some inkling into that, among other things.
Speaker 1: On the way Armstrong and Geeddy, The.
Speaker 7: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has inducted a new class of legends. Sharon Dua Lipa shared the stage Saturday night at seventy eight. Share is the only woman to have a Billboard number one in each of the last seven decades. Other inductees included Dion Warwick Cooling the Gang and Peter Frampton Hard Rockers.
Speaker 4: Warwick Hard Rockers, Share, Dion Warwick cool In the Gang, All right, whatever I mean, check their papers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just silly.
Speaker 1: Seventy eight year old Share was she still weren't assless pants.
Speaker 2: She's had a hit in each of the last seven decades. What was her hit this decade or last day?
Speaker 1: Came out some dance remimbers the chanthem yeah anyway, speaking of gender bending madness.
Speaker 2: I got this note from Rohtor. By the way, yes and no way. You weren't here on Thursday. This can wait?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Gloria Gaynor, who sings I Will Survive did not die?
Speaker 2: So who told me that? On Thursday?
Speaker 1: We went big on the death of Gloria Gaynor, played the song I Will Survive, et cetera, to talk about house yes, talk about how the biggest karaoke songs in America and all the zipper sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: She didn't die. I mentioned there's someone later and they said, Gloria Gaynor died. Are you sure?
Speaker 4: I said, I don't know. Somebody told me in my ear. I don't even remember who told me. Who told me, Katie, I.
Speaker 8: Don't know who told you, but it was Mitzi Ganner, Yes, Mitzi Gaynor, who is the star of South Pacific in the fifties or something.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that I may have told you.
Speaker 8: Everyone was very quick to find me on Twitter and let me know to let you know, but it was after the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, we can't kill off random celebrities. People have heard of them and in the name of the same last people who haven't died. Wow, got to hear some good music because of it the home If Hey, hey, Michael, if Frank o'harris dies today, don't telling me and my ear Kamala Harris is dead, all right?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, different people check the first man anyway where we are We well, she will survive apparently for another day, although none of us does ultimately, don't forget.
Speaker 2: So got this note from rohtor guys.
Speaker 1: Four teams actually five now have recently forfeited their matches against San Jose State women's volleyball team because they have a dude.
Speaker 2: On their team.
Speaker 1: Trans women are men, which reminds me the hot dogs are dogs. T shirt is selling well at armstrong e Giddy dot com and I got shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 1: It's a response to the brow beating propaganda phrase trans women are women.
Speaker 2: No they're not. No, they're not. Hot dogs are dogs Anyway, it's a joke.
Speaker 8: You let.
Speaker 2: My local team wrote a right.
Speaker 1: San Diego State went ahead and played its scheduled match on October tenth. Although San Diego State won, there's obviously no moral clarity and integrity in California. The San Diego State University administration has no interest in protecting women's and women and women's supports. Shame on them, I guess. According to the SDSU bureaucracy, hot dogs are dogs. Thank you for the note.
Speaker 4: So it kind of reminds me of the whole reparations thing where people keep running the legislation forward knowing it can't.
Speaker 2: End the way.
Speaker 4: They won't claim it's going to end, but they don't want to be the ones that get tagged with pulling the plug on it because they did bad from politically. It's got to be the same way at San Jose State State, right, they can't believe no, no, no, this will continue. Men will continue to participate in women's sports and dominat and everything like that.
Speaker 2: They know that that can't go.
Speaker 4: They just don't want to be the ones that pull the plug on it and get dinged for it. I can promise you there are people within San Diego State that in San Jose State that are as you describe, but I'm sure there are, But I think well, right, yeah, But I think the majority of.
Speaker 1: The people there on the campus are true believers. They believe they are doing the right thing because trans women are women and so they should be able to play the sports. They're cultists, they're delusional. They have been swept away by a radical theory, which I hope they will someday develop the sense to regret.
Speaker 2: Having said that, this is so.
Speaker 1: Amusing slash mystifying story from the Associated Press run on ESPN dot com.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to read the whole thing to you.
Speaker 1: I wish I could, but I'll cheat and explain why I wanted to in a minute. But Mountain West Conference Commissioner Gloria never Is said Thursday the forfeitures that women's volleyball teams are willing to take to avoid playing San Jose State is quote not what we celebrate in college athletics, and that she is heartbroken over what has transpired this season surrounding the Spartans and their opponents. Four teams have canceled games as of a seventeenth Sana, Boise State, Southern Utah, you Tas State, and Wyoming, with none of the schools explicitly saying why they were forfeited, Yeah, which I hate. A group of Nevada players issued a statement saying they would not take the court, et cetera, et cetera. The players cited they're quote right to safety and fair competition, though their school reaffirmed Thursday that the match was still planned and that state law bars forfeits your quote for reasons related to gender identity or expression.
Speaker 2: Way did that state law?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Nevada, there's a law that you can't forfeit if the other team has dudes on it. You made that a law? How did that become a law? Woke legislators. There are multiple blue states for that law. California, that's the law. Never as, that's the commissioner told the AP. Bah, it breaks my heart because they're human beings, young people, student athletes on both sides of the issue.
Speaker 2: Blah blah.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't feel right to me. And they go on for quite a ways on this story. People's reactions, their quotes, what Trump said saying Diego States, Uh, the statements on the they never once, not once, not once say the problem here is that San Diego State has a well I would put it guy on the team. They don't even say The problem is San Diego State has a transgender player. They never state this in the Associated Press article.
Speaker 2: Oh really, so you would, Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 4: So if you didn't already know the backstory, you wouldn't have figured out what was going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd walk away from reading this entire article saying, what the hell are they talking about? Right? Wow? Why'd they forfeit? What is this article about? Isn't that terrible happen? It's just got to be cowardice.
Speaker 4: So that's why the because it was driving me crazy that these universities wouldn't make it clear why they forfeited. But they can't say why because it's against the laws some places.
Speaker 2: That's not yes, I'm saying thinking it over.
Speaker 1: I mean, the students could absolutely say I'm not playing with a dude on the court, although nobody has put it that plainly because in their generation that's a bridge too far. They know what they're supposed to say and what they're not supposed to say, but they don't want to be hitting the face by an eighty mile per hoor smash either, and other than Riley Gaines or some brave women who are standing up for women's rights.
Speaker 2: So they just and it takes it.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely an act of courage to cancel the game, to forfeit the game. But nobody's putting too fine a point on it at this point.
Speaker 4: And you'd be bringing a heap and helping of mess down on your head if you were to speak out about it as one of the students, and if you were the name attached to it. Sure, you're twenty one year old college girl. You just want to live your life and play volleyball. You don't need to be the face of trans resistance right social media would go ape pooh on you.
Speaker 1: One more quick note and this is so sad it's from the UK, or they're even further down the road to this.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it is the Yeah.
Speaker 1: A seventeen year old autistic girl has been suspended for up to twelve matches for asking an adult transgender opponent are you a man?
Speaker 2: She was charged last month was saying are you a man?
Speaker 1: That's a man? During a preseason game in July. The girl admits asking a player she describes as having a beard, are you a man? She also admits asking the referee for guidance about the player's eligibility to participate in women's soccer. Quote given my concern for my safety after already suffering a number of physical challenges and injuries. So for this girl was autistic saying are you a man?
Speaker 2: That's a man?
Speaker 1: Because somebody claiming to be a woman who is clearly a man with a beard running around on the field putting her in danger? How are you not militant on this topic? America?
Speaker 2: What the hell? This is insanity? It really is. How about girl?
Speaker 4: How about the AP doing a whole story about San Diego State girls volleyball and not mentioning what the story is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I mean it could just be the journalism. Is that terrible? Well maybe, but.
Speaker 1: It seems very inconvenient. Are very convenient given this the leanings of the AP to leave that out?
Speaker 2: Although how do you leave that out?
Speaker 1: That's the story, right, It's just all these vague clips about it's heartbreaking and nobody questions their safety.
Speaker 2: But ah blah blah blah. Yes, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: So what do you think is going to happen? Is the Spartans? Are they going to so when you when the other team's forfeit, you get a win?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So they are now are they now fourteen and zero.
Speaker 1: Now they've lost one game San Diego States in Yeah, so what's their record then with all the forfeit wins and the rent I don't have that in front of me. But so are they going to be like in the playoffs and then teams are forfeiting and then they march their way through the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're going to win the conference almost certainly. Yeah. Wow, for what it's worth.
Speaker 1: So here's here's a quote from San Jose State coach Todd Kress said playing the games was his team's safe haven and noticed that noted that security and police escorts are now involved when his team takes the court. I don't want that, you don't quote. I know this is all troubling. I know that it's definitely taking a toll on many of them. They're receiving messages of hate, which is completely ridiculous to me. Some of those people are the underbelloty of society. That you attack an eighteen, nineteen, twenty year old female, and even more so, if you're a parent, you're attacking these twenty year olds. Would you want your student athlete, your daughter to face the same kind of hate that you're dishing out well, no, of course, not anybody's dishing out hate to players is a bad person. But you have a dude on your team, coach Kress, So you have a dude on your women's volleyball team. Dressing up as a female, taking hormones as a female, getting your penis and testicles removed does not make you a woman.
Speaker 4: Zero excuse for anybody who's threatening violence or saying bad things that these of course it's not zero excuse, but you are foisting an incredible why on people and expecting them to like ignore it. Yeah, you have opened a Pandora's box of ugliness, which does not excuse the ugliness. Well, this, I assume this is going to blow up into a giant national story if they like win the conference and start marching through the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's playoff, and I assume there's some big tournament.
Speaker 2: I assume so too, right, But I mean.
Speaker 4: If they're becoming like the representative for the western half of the United States for the national finals or something, I would think that would get some attention.
Speaker 1: If the AP doesn't even say, by the way, they get a transgender dude they're on the team, No, will not blow up into a giant story. It's too inconvenient for the left and they're wholly owned media.
Speaker 4: So election days two weeks from tomorrow, we are not going to know who the president is for quite some time, and what's going to happen those days afterwards? There's going to be something to watch, according to Ian Bremer, among others. That and who are the undecided voters? The New York Times knows because they looked into their own polling. That's pretty interesting too.
Speaker 2: All on the way, So Ian Bremer.
Speaker 4: Put this out over the weekend how he thinks this is going to play out over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: So I'm not that worried about the weeks running up to the election that I'm very worried about the days and weeks after the election. There will be districts that don't certify the winner of the election because the elected officials don't like the outcome. There will be massive numbers of court cases. I think there will be intimidation in certain areas that'll try to stop certain people from voting.
Speaker 2: And I think that after the vote is done, there.
Speaker 6: Will be huge numbers of people that don't believe that it's true that believe it's rigged, and that's a dangerous place to be.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about a civil war. I'm not talking about the USB. Oh what, why don't we have the whole thing? The pending part is the best part. Why did we okay, all right, just petered out in an odd way? Well it didn't.
Speaker 4: Actually, it ended with the punchline of the whole thing that we need to be prepared for something that we have never seen before in this country in terms of the unrest around a presidential election.
Speaker 2: And I think that is almost certainly the case.
Speaker 4: He didn't specifically say that he thinks it's going to be, you know, on the Republican side. I'll bet he thinks that, but I think it could be on either or both sides. Yeah, both sides have played fast and loose with.
Speaker 1: You know, the fidelity of the ballot, people's faith in the electoral process to their own game. Trump gets the most attention for it, and actually he said things that I think were indefensible and terrible and irresponsible a little.
Speaker 2: But the left does it constantly.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and there are plenty of Democrats that wouldn't vote to certify various things it just didn't get as much attention because it wasn't going to make a difference. But yeah, so I'm not looking forward to this. I hope it's just something we need to go through and we'll get back on track. Or it's part of the degeneration of a democracy that has happened with every other democracy that's ever existed on Earth and then it falls apart. So it's all going to be determined by undecided voters. We all know that it's uh, we're split fifty to fifty as a nation for people who've made up their mind, and then you only got seven states that could possibly go either way at this point. The New York Times talked to people inside the Harris and Trump campaigns who have spent a ton of money. I mean, if anybody knows these people know, they've got gazillions of dollars at stake on figuring out who's an undecided voter?
Speaker 2: Where are they and then how do.
Speaker 4: We persuade them both campaigns And they talk to The New York Times off the record about that. So the belief is there are about three point seven percent of the voters spread over the seven states, which totals one point two million people spread out over seven states that are truly undecided, like, actually, two weeks out, don't know who they're going to vote for. I know for most of us, that makes no sense whatsoever. We can't even imagine how you would be that person. The Times analysis closely mirrored what the campaigns describe, a group heavy on younger voters, people of color, and those without college degree. Black voters make up about twenty one percent of the undecided group, which explains why miss Harris's explicit push for them over the last couple of weeks, going on various shows talking about various things or some of the things Trump has been saying.
Speaker 2: I suppose I wanted to jump down to this.
Speaker 4: Internal surveys showed that about two thirds of undecided voters in the battleground states had consumed at least some of Kamala Harris's interviews last week, but in a sign of the fragmented media environment under underscoring the challenge, no single program reached more than one in three of those undecided voters. So things aren't the way they used to be, where you would have the sixty minutes interview or you know, the debate or the evening newscast or the one newspaper. Everything's so fragmented it's hard to reach these people. So that's another added layer of something different than it has ever existed before.
Speaker 1: And I believe you said that they saw at least some portion, meaning it might have just been curated the.
Speaker 4: Lightfully selected clips. Actually, I'll bet you're exactly right. They saw a couple of highlights put out by whoever is trying to make her look good or look bad. They were probably misleading, in fact, almost certainly. To talk to them, we have to take a layered approach. We have to be on TV, non traditional platforms, door knocking, billboards, digital ads, mail, everything, really to have a chance of reaching these possible persuadables. Lower educated taking in their news through social media haven't made up their mind. I can't even imagine as a political science. Is how you think you're going to convince them with fifteen days to go.
Speaker 1: I don't know either, but it's it's increasingly clear to me the undecided voter is the they both suck and I hate them, and I can't decide which one I hate less crowd, that's my guess. And then how are they going to make up their mind on election day.
Speaker 2: If I knew that, I would be a very wealthy man. No kidding. If you missed an hour of this show, gets a podcast Armstrong and Getty on the Bank, Armstrong and Getty