Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 2: Now your hosts.
Speaker 1: Darry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Let's right, Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming Here on a hun day Wednesday. HECKM Harrison, Come on em in the house, Emo with a big one this week, a big, big big Actually not really. They favored their favored to win a big twelve, So I don't know if really big. It's not big game Colorado, Colorado.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just a big.
Speaker 2: One prime believe, I still know.
Speaker 4: But you know, you don't know hard he's on those hard catches and you can finally get you to convert and it's good.
Speaker 2: You got me on lifty. You know what I'm saying, case they going to boulders, they're going too bolder and.
Speaker 3: Too bolder.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know. Stop what you're saying. They're going too bolder. Yeah that's not that's a death valley. Okay, like the death Valley. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would have rather that game been in Manhattan.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, I would have I would have rather flag here, flag there.
Speaker 3: You know, No, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think Dean has.
Speaker 4: Any home cooking going right now, Johnson Avery Johnson is going.
Speaker 2: That's a good player, right, yeah, good player right there.
Speaker 4: And that running up sunshine right, that's the quarterback. Yes, Toledose own being the Bill Hall of Famer Harry Church Toledo one last week to up and.
Speaker 2: Down right now fighting rockets, baby, let's go scrugs us Pembroke finally got their first one of the year, thank you, and Brooke one and four, one and four they got. All four losses were bout a touchdown the left. So we're right competitive trend right right there, Like Jason Garrett had to fight and fight, t shirts fight zillion fight. Speaking of fighting, did you know the Cowboys have won two of the last three meetings against the Detroit Lines. Oh road facts coming out, I like that. I like that. I like that you somewhere off with the cold hard facts right. Last last year, December thirtieth, a fantastic day the year, by the way, December thirtieth Lebron James birthday, Tiger Woods birthday, Bodilly's Birthday's birthday. Oh yeah, yeah me so good day, thirty five thirty. I'm sorry, No, no, it's wrong one, it's wrong one, wrong one looking at uh no, six sixth straight, I'm sorry. Dallas is one of the last six meetings, including the postseason over the Lions. That's that's what we can stick. That was a part of that postseason victory where the gift great play by Anthony Hitchins. He was on the players. Now, great play, you know, miraculous.
Speaker 3: Let's go second.
Speaker 2: Round, baby, even you thought that playoff?
Speaker 5: Gay? Right.
Speaker 4: They have a lot of them go against you. You have a lot of them go against you. When you have one go fire, you know, yeah, you don't turn it down.
Speaker 3: Take all that. Yeah, I felt bad, but you know you did. I did it. You took that one all the way to the bank. We did.
Speaker 2: And Romo needed that one for his legacy. He was on him. So, yes, Dallas is on the last six meetings last year. It was de Cebretory twenty to nineteen when the Cowboys won that game and Dan Dan Campbell for a Cowboy player, I like Dan but you go back to that last year when they went for two and that got it. Then they got the penalty, and then he decides to do it again. I'm like, you can't do it down on right, what are we doing? And I went I went to his press confience. I wanted to hear it, and your dam was all fired. I told him, we're gonna do it. So we're gon do it again. They had things change, and as a coach, in my mind, I'm thinking, that's what you got to do. You gotta be adaptable, situational awareness. Thank you.
Speaker 3: They read the room.
Speaker 2: All right, kick the extra point, go to overtime. They were playing good football. I was just one of those where I didn't get it. But here come the Lions three and one, Cowboys three or two. He How worried are you that the Lions get to come off of bye week, get rested, ready, rested, and then come back here to try and avenge a game that they thought they should have won. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean when I saw that they had the bye week the first thing, and I was like, well, how convenient that they would have a bye week coming into to Dallas, obviously getting healthy. You see these little little injuries that's popping up all over the NFL. That's a good time to you know, to get it early, get it out of the way. Uh and the Cowboys are getting theirs at the right time. But you know, I think for the Lions, and you you follow their season where they are currently, you know, they they have had some inconsistencies in their season in some of those wins that they have, so as much as people are pegging them to be the top of the toast of the NFC, you know, look, they're still trying to find their footing as a franchise or as a team this season.
Speaker 2: Look, man, I'm worried.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is a good team, Like this is a really good team, all right. You know last year defensively, you know, they had some struggles. I believe they got a little bit better on the defensive side.
Speaker 3: Of the ball.
Speaker 6: They're not the two thousand Ravens, but they've gotten a little bit better on the defensive side of the football. But offensively, you know, this is this is almost a juggernaut in my opinion.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do they do? What do they do best?
Speaker 6: Maybe better than any team outside of the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Run the football, run the foot. But they got the definition of thunder and lightning.
Speaker 6: When you talk about Montgomery and you talk about Gibbs, all right, these two guys are extremely, extremely explosive.
Speaker 2: And that's not even talking about the weapons that they have on the outside.
Speaker 6: All right, they got nothing but speed, and they got a veteran quarterback out there. And know not to mention one of the best offensive lines in the NFC or the National Football League. So when you talk about being worried about something, they can hit you in the pause. But the multitude of ways the run game.
Speaker 2: Because I'm being.
Speaker 6: Real, I'm being real. You said, are you worried? I'm worried. You're not worried about this matter?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And I love I love you.
Speaker 6: Do we have the bazooka? Is he playing this week? The Margus lawd is he playing this week? It's playing one hundred percent? Come on, man, this ain't justin fields, This ain't Daniel Jones. This is this is what this is what we always do. This is what we always do, man, This is what we clean up on. The Giants clean up on fields. And now all of a sudden, allis.
Speaker 2: This is what they beat this team last year they did when they Parsons, when they had when they was rolling. Let's not act like this.
Speaker 4: I wish that I would get a notification on my phone when you're gonna come in up in the studio like this, You know, man, I just wish it's gonna be one of them kind of days because, as a question, that is what I love about this job. There's no drudgery to this job. Right, every day is gonna be different in the day. Fact, get this VC get instead of it. Yeah, facts, And what I love about it is you're you're absolutely right. You know how those broadcasters they always with the law office of Gibbs at Montgomery. Yeah, I think it's corny, but hey, they are the thunder lightning. They are very different from one another, and if you just want to go in depth on it, I feel like Gibbs is the running back that you worry about and the reason why you worry about him because he can gash you for twenty, he can hit you for fifteen. He's Montgomery is that guy that's on third down. He can keep the Chaine moving. He's a guy that could take on two guys and drag him. He's gonna fall falling forward. This defense to me when even when I look at the matchup is if you even look at these last two teams, if still is included in this right and you say, oh, those defenses were you know you that those offenses were not as potent as you would come up against this one. I still feel like the Detroit Lions have probably one of the best offensive linemens in the league. I think it's gonna be one of the better offensive line lines that you've come up against since leaving the Saints, since playing the Saints. So the challenge is there and you cannot come to You can't come to this and try to reinvent yourself or be something different. Be who you are. Lin Val Joseph, You're a pumpkin this week, all right. Don't try and be a carriage. Be a pumpkin because that's who you are. Don't change your spots, Chauncey Golston, don't try and change because you got Pina Sewel.
Speaker 3: In front of you.
Speaker 4: You don't have number eleven on You got to be Chauncey Golston, Loston, you got to on Decker. You got to be who you are. We can't change any of that. And you saw that last week against Pittsburgh. They were not out there playing hero ball. You wasn't seeing guys jumping in and out of hole trying to play. No play alignment, play assignment, be who you are, do your job right, all the acronyms that that.
Speaker 2: Coaches use, and so yeah, do your job.
Speaker 4: And if you and if you are, if you have that mindset, and especially if you look at this team, the one thing that I think you worry about more than anything else is that Russian attack because of the way that you've been victimized by other teams so far this season.
Speaker 2: Looking at the sheet of integrity, the sheet of integrity now Detroit Lions Bury Church loss. I did say that new he scrugs lost. He said too, He did say it too. Heck Maharrison lost.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, this is wait a minute now, wait hold on for a second, guys, because we got.
Speaker 3: Hold on now.
Speaker 2: You know, by the way, when I looked at the last when the Steelers game last week, I did have had the Cowboys winning. That's not it's too early anyway, Well you going. He was over here with us.
Speaker 4: Hey man, listen, we have to listen with all the pigs come down on Friday, bro down on Friday.
Speaker 2: You know that's fine, that's fine. But I'm just saying right now on the sheet of integrity and just looking at the sheet of integrity. To start the season, Church, you had Cleveland winning, had the Saints winning, had the Ravens winning, had the Cowboys beating the Giants, and then you had the Cowboys losing to the Steelers.
Speaker 3: It was a tough season. According to my mad Barry Church.
Speaker 2: Robert Solid, you gotta have Mike Fire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got here by week he was pulling for full controversial.
Speaker 3: By week I want no peace Kerosine Garrosine.
Speaker 2: I had him losing the Cleveland, had him beating New Orleans, had him losing the Baltimore. I had him beating the Giants. I had him beating the Steelers. Heckman, you had him beating Cleveland, the Saints, You had him losing the Baltimore, had him beating the Giants and beating the Steelers, and then got losing here. Yeah, so around you and I are you and Iron Range Yes, Church, no faith, Yeah, man, we'll see what We'll see what happens. The integrity has a lot of weeks left right right, But yeah, this was just just so we know that game playing weeks integrity. Uh, all of us had the Lions winning this game. And and in fact, yeah, I will just leave it right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you change all the time. They change all the time. You know how we go about that integrity thing. Man, you already pointed yourself out. I like how you do that. You a good storyteller, nuie, I like that. And he takes the right pauses at the right see how he did. Yeah, you know, I like that man so much. I learned every day here on the players.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Are you ready for the injection?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: You know I got a new batch of hope. I'm coming you know, you know, and come to.
Speaker 2: The playoffs, hounds. He got a new bat, got a new match for you, a white and white the blood off with a terrible towel, and yeah, ready for it.
Speaker 4: Look, don't don't tell me y'all want to keep talking about these running backs of y'all want to.
Speaker 3: Get to these receivers.
Speaker 4: The real question one is the real question is in this matchup for me, you have Jared Goff, who has always been that quote unquote quarterback that Dak never measured up to coming out of the draft, even the early years of his career. Versus Dak, who is now the highest paid football player in the National Football League.
Speaker 2: Who do you tip your hat to one over the other?
Speaker 3: In this matchup?
Speaker 2: Super Bowl two two? You said two way one, he said Stafford. Stafford was two and you know, with some coaching decisions, might have been the two last. I mean that that that championship game, Damn Campbell. That for me, when I look at him, that that what do you play this game for? To get to a super Bowl? Yeah, he got to a super Bowl, and I think that that should count very much. I think that weighs very much. So when you start looking at these quarterbacks because ultimately that's what what do you want to do as a cowboy quarterback? You want to take him to a super Bowl if not, and you want to win the thing. So if I'm looking at golf and looking at Dak, I got to put it heavily there. But I'll say this, and I think we can all agree as much people saying Dak needs help. It's real clear in his career golf has to happen. You want to rush that guy off the middle. Heck, you know he gets the happy feet so so and he needs and he got a lot of talent around.
Speaker 4: And it was it really had a lot of talent around him those years. That year he went to the Super Bowl to one of the best defensive defensive linean they ever played. The game also a part of that equation. So when we want to give him credit for that, just like we talk about the Manning brother Eli and those Super Bowls that he won, the defenses that he won with, even going back to some of these other quarterbacks flock O, when we had our conversation about him, let's talk excuse me, but when I talk about guys like him, let's also include the fact that he did have one of the best defenses in the NFC East when he played. Let's not act like he you know, went above and beyond and did all of those things. And when we compare him to dak and we're looking at the numbers, because that's what we do, I ain't going to pff.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to the numbers.
Speaker 4: Wins and lost, his touchdowns, all of those things, completion percentage, all the things that matter when we talk about a quarterback. Rain the colda press got right down there, got better numbers than.
Speaker 2: Him, and Golf also lost that Super Bowl had an open in a low scoring game. You know he needed to make the throw. You didn't do it. Same thing with Jimmy Grappolo. You had a chance to win it couldn't make that. I put that in there, But I do. I do think when we talk about this game of football, being able to quarterback a team, whether you know my homes in it, even you bus driving it, that matters in this lip I look at it. Joe Burrow, Joe Burrow took the Bengals to a Super Bowl and he no, he did more than what Golf did. But yes, but Joe Burrow was like that all yeah. But I'm just saying for me when we start talking about this, that matters getting to I and this is just me overall. I think when you get to championship rounds, we got to really look at you and give you some credit because it's hard to get to him. It's hard to get to him. I think being at the finals last year, last June, you know Luka Doncic and you know then of course you know they lost, and then all of a sudden you hear old Luca, Luca and out of shape and my mom was my mama stopped watching them shows and Luke because he and Sham said, mama, was he out of shape when they beat Oklahoma City? Was he at shape when they beat Minnesota? Was he out of shap when they beat l A clip so? But now all of a sudden, I said, they got beat by better team. But I think along the way when we started to think about players and those who can get to can get to the championship rounds, I think that matters. And you're correct when we're talking about what levels, how did you get there? Whatnot? Nah, this dude wasn't no MVP that year. He didn't put him on the back and get him there, But damn it, getting him there is something he he didn't munk it up because there's a whole lot of dude. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I was on that level. This man, this man would have been in the super Bowl, but his boy, the bat this boy took off the fourth quarter didn't even show up. It's like a half a tobacco somewhere, you know, And so so you know, for me, I gotta give I gotta get him man some credit forget it there. That was who did they beat that year it was forty nine ers they beat to go to the Super Bowl. No, no, no, that was that was the gift from the league. Oh no, they did the passing appearance. Beat the Cowboys on the way. Yeah, was that the Cowboys they beat on the way? I believe so out in LA that year. Yeah, that was the Cowboys. They beat on the beat, beat down, beat down, ran through Yeah that year. Yeah. Girly and Big CJ. Yeah, yeah, they did that. They did that.
Speaker 3: They did that, I mean.
Speaker 2: With the cowboy crowd, by the way. But the Skip Peat was a running back coach for the for the Rams, and he told McVeigh, because they were Prepuatgey, we need to work on some silent count, he said, Skip. He's like, no, I'm trying to tell you need to work on the silent count here. And then in the game he's like it's right. He's like, I told you, I look at you.
Speaker 4: I'm always looking at golf and I'm also looking at wins. Both both guys have played in the Super Bowl, being a part of the Super Bowl winning teams, and just how they compare career wise to da over there?
Speaker 3: What do you mean, WinCE with a week of leven.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, now, guys, that small man.
Speaker 2: Y'all. See that's the thing. You're always moving the gold post back and forth.
Speaker 4: But I'm giving I'm giving wins this credit now, y'all. Now that I'm getting man the credit. I won't take that away. Did he not win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: No? No, But was he on a super Bowl team? Did he not get playing game?
Speaker 3: Did he get a ring? Did he get a ring?
Speaker 5: I saw?
Speaker 2: I'm asking guys, I think got a ring? How they do?
Speaker 3: The music? Always different? Man, I just play the love game.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we're giving credit for super Bowls and playoffs and all of that ring you talking about running around with rings we're talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna even touch it.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna touch I'm just saying, guys, I mean this is these are the two. These are the two quarterbacks that you always like those first four years of Dak's career that there was always a comparison between those two three.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, I.
Speaker 2: Never thought it was a comparison between the three. I mean, golf was golf because he's the number one pick. The comparisons that I always got hit with it was because they were the same division was Winston Dak Yeah, but I mean golf. Coming out of school, I thought was the number one pick he when he came out there. I went out to that Air Force Bowl when he was playing for sny Nights. The guy, the guy, the guy seemingly when you judge Gorba have looked like looked like it to me and said in his career ended up going to a Super Bowl. He's got some deficiency. He ain't that dude. But I don't think he's a bad quarterback. No, I you know, I don't. There's some people who question his toughness. I don't question his toughness. I think he's a good quarterback. He needs help. But when he's gotten help around him, the guy's going out and he's produced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the pressure has to be there, number one. You got to put pressure on golf. It has to come from the middle of the field. Like you just talked about time, it's liv Val Joseph, it's Linval Joseph and Massie. Let's get let's put some other guys in there. It has to be Olsa, Diggi Zua. It has to be some other guys in the middle of this defense to also get pressure.
Speaker 2: Turned up and turned up.
Speaker 4: I didn't say that all I said, no, No, my my hope. Your variety doesn't evolve around that. That's not that now, that's what we we're talking about.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you where the pressure has to come from. The pressure has to come from there, because look, you got two booking tackles that I think are really good in this league. And that's what makes the Detroit Lions as viable as they are. The guys that they have a tackle.
Speaker 2: All right, we're laid on the break. I can't what do you mean? What do you mean? Let it marinate during the break? Barry Church, let it marinate.
Speaker 3: That's that's who we. That's that's that's who we.
Speaker 2: That's who we. Didn't happen like Pittsburgh didn't happen for Mazzi. That's what that's like. It didn't happen out here. That's what we're doing out on the players sounds brought to you by Rista dallascowboy dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's his Hopeum, Hey.
Speaker 2: They're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Prescott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie with blockchain dot Com perfect bro.
Speaker 9: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right. Now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 7: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: This segment is brought to you by Yetti, the official cooler and drink ware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Thank you, heck Maherrison. You are in the SWBC podcast Studios Man Players Line. Former safety Barry Church despondent Lossonwie Scrubbs lost.
Speaker 4: Hey, Pumpkin, do your job, Mike, zammine and cooking right now.
Speaker 2: Halloween Holds got a batch up well, Boo doo. Mazie lost.
Speaker 4: So we didn't talk about it on Monday. We didn't talk about it on Monday. But you didn't think that the defense on Sunday looked faster. Look, they play well, they played well, they pay the hero they played with there was no hero ball. They played well. I'll get that defensive line they played well as well, But you even said it yourself leading up to that game.
Speaker 6: The weakness of that that offense was you know, up front, that offensive line was trash. I mean, we're gonna keep it, Bean, we won't keep it. A mean, you know what I'm saying. So to me, I just look at the last two games.
Speaker 2: That's all that. That's that's the proof.
Speaker 6: We guys. Sample size, the sample size are the last two games where this team has you know, played better against the run. All right, those last two games you went against Najirs Singletary. Neither one of those guys can hold anything to what Detroit has in that backfield. And that's just being one thousand percent what it is just running back wise, we ain't even talking about the offensive line.
Speaker 2: Man, Like this would be a problem if we were one hundred percent healthy. Yeah, Like, to me, that might be the best. Look what Baltimore's offensive line did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Derek Henry back there, now there, he's a dog, he's a beast.
Speaker 2: But these two running backs ain't too far off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but here's like I don't believe, I don't know, but Henry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Henry didn't just do that to us, you know, He's done that to everybody. And so I'm I just I just said, I literally just said that as far as offensive lines go, this is the best offensive line that you've seen since you played the New Orleans Saints, which I think really just put you in a blender with with what they have.
Speaker 5: With.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was abut ninety.
Speaker 4: Then you came back and you backed against Baltimore too, Yeah, you did.
Speaker 2: It was horrible with with with the squad, with the bazooka.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there was there were so many blaring weaknesses in our defense and especially with and I'm just saying, like guy's getting driven off the ball, gaping holes in the back half of your defense, safeties just making bad decisions. We were talking about guys and saying like, what is Wilson doing, what is Hooker doing? What is you know demorrow Overshown not playing against Baltimore Baltimore, he didn't do well whichever games that that he didn't play, and people were asking like, well, why are you not you? And as the season has progressed, you've seen some linebackers play a little bit less, some linebackers play a little bit more. And I'm not my thing is it's a it's a stark contrast between when we had the bazooka and the way that this defense operated.
Speaker 3: And maybe he's.
Speaker 4: Sitting back saying, damn, how is this working so good without me?
Speaker 3: In this last game?
Speaker 4: Fact, these guys are playing the lineman assignment and things are working in contrast to when I was on the field and we had these big old holes.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 4: What is it about him that makes these guys think that they can play hero ball versus being scheme response?
Speaker 6: I think defensively, you were going against better offenses though, like I mean, Baltimore and the Saints to me have much better offenses than what Pittsburgh presented, and not to take away from what Dallas's defense did, because you can only play who's in front of you. And they did play well defensively, but you're playing you were playing against much better quarterback play.
Speaker 3: When Parsons was there, like the.
Speaker 6: Saints, you're playing against there Carr, who was able to push the ball down to the football field.
Speaker 2: Field Fields wasn't doing that.
Speaker 6: Now, it may have been Dallas's defense that made them look so terrible, but I haven't seen Fields push the football down the field all season long, so I think they were playing against better offenses. They went against an offense in Pittsburgh and you know, they shut them down.
Speaker 2: I'll get it, they shut them down.
Speaker 6: I want to see what they do this time because you got two running backs at the Dolls.
Speaker 3: I talked about it.
Speaker 6: You got a quarterback that can push the football down the field, and you got weapons Glory on the outside, Amon Saint Brown.
Speaker 2: You got James Williams, you got Laporta.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is an offense.
Speaker 4: And I think when you even when you point out those matchups to me, that's why if Bland does play, you know, I take my all pros versus they're all pro. We can't we can't now all of a sudden throw our guys away because we think that these guys are so much better.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I look at on the I'm keeping it.
Speaker 4: I mean I look at onm Ross Saint Brown, and I say, look, he's like he's like hinz Ward with better hands and less attitch, less physicalness. You know, but he's one of you're not gonna be able to unsee it, actually, because that's that's the way he plays in one of those tough guys. He's a guy that after he catches the ball, he's even more dangerous what he does in YAK. But I think this defense Zoom has to look at this and say, like, I can't play this guy in zone because he's a zone killer. Last season they sent him to the he sent him to All Pro because he was ninety percent against zone. So if I got guys that are better against man, what do I do?
Speaker 2: I put his ass in a man situation? Right, You're comfortable with Bland not practicing.
Speaker 4: I'm comfortable with Diggs. I'm comfortable with Jay Lou. I'm comfortable with what we have. I mean, and obviously you know this, Barry come on home through me like.
Speaker 3: This dog, you know how I mean.
Speaker 4: Situationally, you're gonna make sure that you play certain guys in certain defenses all the time. But if I know I'm coming up against a guy that's killing Zone, I'm a play him in Man. Yeah, and so I'm going with the only danger of that is if you're playing man in the run game, you may be victimized. So it goes it is too far, Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of negativity for your church.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I can't go about what I say? Is it because the Lions are seventh and scoring putting up twenty six points a game? I mean, I go only go about what I see. Only go about what I see, you know, because the Cowboys, uh give up one hundred and thirty five rushing on the on the per game, and the Lions rush for one hundred and fifty one. Yeah, it's tough. It's tough. It's tough. There's just so many ways they can they can get at you. That's that's what words.
Speaker 6: If it was one thing, they could just run the ball, okay, or they can just they only got weapons on the outside, but they got it everywhere outside the porter running game I mean, and they got a quarterback that could put it there.
Speaker 2: So it's tough. You seet even Tech he was there. Man, you're you're sticking with it. It's tough. It's tough. I'm not gonna y'all started with it last week. That's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I'm not sitting here saying that the Detroit is a bad team.
Speaker 2: They're a good team.
Speaker 4: I just pointed out, just said to you, look what Arman Ross Saint Brown is Williams that the other receiver. He's a game breaker, fast, take the top off, all that good stuff, playmaker, all of that good stuff. But you got to get to the quarterback. You gotta hit golf, you know, you got to. You go back to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers game, the game that they lost, you know, and it was it was a bit of a field goal field goal fest, but still it was a game that you saw Tampa Bay take control and they had time of possession. These guys had all, you know, runs, fifty five passings, twenty seven rushes. This is this is I'm talking about. This is Detroit with that numbers, and they still lost the game. They still lost the game. Having one hundred and thirty nine yards rushing, Gibbs with eighty four and Montgomery with thirty five.
Speaker 2: I mean, so let's not build them up like it can't. No, this is this.
Speaker 4: Year, this year, so come on now, it since the NFL, it's a week the week deal. So I keep telling you, like, don't don't try and paint these guys like that. Don't tell me that they were they world beat us. And I'm sitting here pointing out to you that there's an NFC team that beat them this year.
Speaker 2: He does have a point in the week the week, it's very much. So last week was very I mean it's week week. Yeah, it is weak week.
Speaker 4: But you know, look we can't don't don't let's not sit up and make them the Yeah Miami Dolphins, let's not do it.
Speaker 2: Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Yeah they already lost one.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, coach Soles, Dolphins a little different. Yeah, that's the Dolphins I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: So I can't even I can't even make them like that because they already lost one. But you know, I think it's gonna be a good game. It's gonna be be one where we just pointed out what you got to take care of.
Speaker 3: You got to stop Gibbs, can you win.
Speaker 2: A shootout kind of have to twenty six games?
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I personally, I personally don't want a shootout, you know, because then what ends up happening is your defense is ragged, you know, and you're out here, you're putting them in compromising positions and you give no. I don't I don't want. You got to know, you gotta get stops. You gotta get stops. And that's this is the thing going forward. Are you going to have some games where you're in a shootout where your defense just don't have it?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: But I think there's so many things that are part of the game that you are going to see. Like even in this game that I'm talking about, Golf through two interceptions, he's gonna gives you an opportunity. Let's not act like Golf is in a turnover machine. When you put pressure on him, he is that.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Where is this pressure going to be generated from the same pressure that was generated last week versus the Vitills but but but but versus.
Speaker 2: A team that didn't have the offensive line.
Speaker 4: You still zim is up. Look, Zim is up against it. Zim is up against it. And let's just go back four weeks ago when he got blanked by the Saints in Baltimore. Everybody was coming back to the tape going, oh my god, this guy's look like garbage. Zim looks like garbage. And then he loses his best players and he fixes it. How does that happen? Because guys are now not saying I'm playing over the skis are trying to be better than what they are. And if that's all I'm asking for these guys in this game versus the Lions, I think it's enough to get you a win because we haven't talked about what our offense.
Speaker 3: Can do to their defense yet.
Speaker 2: That's where you got a chance.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's where you got a chance.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take a break. But let's not act like Najee Harris is in the backfield. Come on, let's is in the backfield.
Speaker 4: You Why did you pick the Steelers to beat the Cowboys? How did you What was your thought process on why you thought the Steelers would win?
Speaker 2: I thought the.
Speaker 6: Stellers would be able to stop this offense. I wish they got some takeaways but the offense was able to perform a way better than I thought they would. And I thought they would be able to run the ball better. I thought they would use feels more on the edge and run. They weren't able to do that. It's not that they didn't try. They yet, it's not that they didn't try. Is Harris the combination of Feels and Harris? Is that not anything near the combination of what they Naie Harris is slow and Najie Harris is not. No, no, no, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: But you picked them to win because you thought that they would be able to run the ball even with what they had.
Speaker 6: So so you cowboys can can can hold this? This this this Detroit office.
Speaker 3: What's the magic number for Russian? You get to hold them?
Speaker 6: You gotta hold him under a buck twenty under under a buck twenty, you got you gotta hold them underup good, I'm gonna get I'm cooking the books like you now, I'm learning under you got to under under gotta be under a buck twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much do you gonna get?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I just I'm just saying, because I think there's a number in mind that you're looking at the they may end up getting to inevitably over four quarters anyway. So I mean either if you step, you step one, you stop one over another, right, whichever one you know, whichever one you choose. Man, I like to crush my hope.
Speaker 2: You'm up. I get that little bell to be raw. Come on, man, they gonna get us off the air. What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Ya?
Speaker 3: Fans?
Speaker 2: Get you something that I got got it? But what do you everybody wants the Cowboy Nation to freak out every week? Man, you're throwing these people thy row it out?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, what do you do every week? We build these people like that?
Speaker 4: Nobody can beat them, Nobody like I'm telling you, they've been beat.
Speaker 2: They ain't been beat.
Speaker 4: Doing every week every week, every week, we're going to getst King Kong. Every y'all gonna do this every week. Well, I'm here for first.
Speaker 2: I mean, you say all this, we go to see the integrity.
Speaker 4: You got it as a loss before any of this even started, you talking about you didn't believe what what was the end result?
Speaker 3: What say it was gonna be?
Speaker 2: She was freeing the people? Man, y'all that right? Man, y'all, y'all play me the same music.
Speaker 4: It played me the same music because when you went off the sheet of integrity, nobody said nothing.
Speaker 2: Nobody were all right.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter integrity. It does not matter if you throw yourself under the bus. Okay, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You just say, we all, all of us, we're all in this right here together on the set we all had as a loss.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm saying. I just want to know what you think on the other side. I want to know what you think on the other side. Dude, you believe that that that the Cowboys offense can generate points against the Ivory, which is the Ivory.
Speaker 2: Team got to get a break. We could talk about the Ivory lt who leads the league at Sachs. Come back right here on the Players Lambs brought to you by Aristocrat Game gam.
Speaker 3: You come.
Speaker 5: Hey, Danny mccraige, here for Smoothie King. You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track.
Speaker 3: Scoop up new.
Speaker 5: Coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster cane cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on yetti dot com. Check it out today, yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season. The distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer on Boss.
Speaker 9: Raisincanes presents the other rules of Football.
Speaker 2: Rule one. Any broadcast without.
Speaker 9: The express edition of cook to order Canes chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkled cut fries, texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day Caines rules raising Cane's chicken fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The most action packed motorsport experience in the world returns to Arlington had To at and T Stadium on Saturday, October twenty six for Monster Jam and watch your four Marvel Monster Jam trucks make their official Arlington debut. Tickets are now on sale now at seaceek dot Com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. Monster jam Man, it makes me say, it makes me sad. It makes me sad that my son no longer wants to go to those makes me said, never been what the are great?
Speaker 3: They're great, many amazing. What are you getting backflips with them?
Speaker 2: Oh it's crazy, brave digger.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: But you have that. But you had a moment how your son hit you when he was like he was just like.
Speaker 4: Somewhere around fourteen fifteen, He's just like, nah, damn, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just going a box that got in a box he is talking about.
Speaker 4: He's just like, nah, I'm good, Yeah, I'm good. Hang over that broke, dude, that broke. That broke this. Yeah that that hurt a little bit.
Speaker 2: By the way. He was snatching folks stuff in the house after the Cowboys beat the Steels. Did you have to take anything from your son?
Speaker 4: It was just your daughter, just my daughter, my son no better okay, yeah, young.
Speaker 2: Just snatching souls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, throw out.
Speaker 2: Mama kicked him out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta gotta gotta go right like that. So good, I've been kicked out a better place. I'm sorry. Mam hurt you did you get played on the way out? No, I ain't gonna play. But I got what I got what I came with.
Speaker 2: He left with something. He left a few times old. Take you in your deal. I got and I don't wings It's true. It's true, all right, Lions Cowboys, Cowboys three and two, Lions three and one, coming off a bye week. On the sheet of category all had the Lions winning the game. Barry Church is right now going to stick with it. He don't have to tell me. I know I can feel you sticking with the Lions winning this game consistent. And he was trying to.
Speaker 6: Go to.
Speaker 4: I'm mixing, I'm changing mind around this all. That's how I'm just moving something here down.
Speaker 2: You can you can do that, definitely there.
Speaker 4: No, I mean the last thing that I was asking about was this offense. I mean, we saw this offense without Brandon Cooks last week. Would have given you a reason to be hesitant about what they can do with Brandon Cooks. But then Covante steps in and he has the production. I mean, then you also get more production from your wide receiver group and in the form of Jaalen Tobert and exercising his rights on a clutch throw to catch to win the game. So look, I look at this matchup and also look at a guy like Jake Ferguson that may have been told that the tight end on the other side is better than you, and so this eighty seven verse eighty seven, and I feel like our eighty seven is better in this situation. I just feel like I take for Kittle Kelsey. Okay, yeah, of course I do.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I do, And I'm telling you right now that's that's how I feel about Jake Ferguson because he's been playing to that level. Even I mean, do the numbers because we like numbers. We do like numbers. So you got go look at seam Laport in the season that he's having. You gotta look at Jake person in the season that he's having. So I just feel good about this matchup. I feel like we can do some things on the back half to them in the passing game. I think this is a game Ceedee Lamb should eat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this gotta be a game not like last week for CD. This gotta be he gotta be able to eat in this one. And this is where I think you can have a matchup because after I saw what Seattle was able to do to Detroit, even though Detroit got that win handsomely, but Gino Smith was able to tear that that Detroit secondary part. I mean he was able to go out there and with DK Metcalf, with Lockett Smith and Jigma, all those guys nout. That's that's a hell of a trio. But he was able to go out there. He was able to eat on them, and so was Kenneth Walker, the third, the running back out there was able to do you know, damage as well. And now that I think about it, that's a hell of a trio and a hell of.
Speaker 3: A running back.
Speaker 2: Stay where you were with that, But you're good.
Speaker 6: Gino Smith is no Dak Prescott, and I believe Dak Prescott can lift you know, all the guys around him to a better place.
Speaker 2: So this is where I do think you can.
Speaker 6: You can eat on the Detroit lines, especially in that secondary, but they got to be able to block, you know, Dive Realt. If they're not able to block the IVLT, then all over what I just said.
Speaker 2: It's for not you only hope to container get He's inevitable. He's still better come to play. He's still better come TJ. Watt. This guy back now, right now, Aden Hutchinson, I RELT is playing better than TJ Watt. I mean right now. If we had to turn in a ballot for defensive players the year, it would be eight hunches, it would be eight hutcheson. Yeah, yeah, with TJ being number two.
Speaker 4: So I look, I think there's some legitimate holes in that defense other than the guy they have upfront. I think you have to scheme for him. There's a lot of things that you have to do. Dak has to be just as good as he was last week because DA was on even though he took a sack where held onto the ball too long.
Speaker 3: He knew where TJ.
Speaker 4: Watt was and he had to account for him everywhere when if he had the stack of the protection, if he had to run at him. Those are the same things that you have to do with Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 6: What do y'all think this disconnect is between CD and Dak? Just not even talking about you know, not even arguments and all that, but just on it just seemed like it's there. Like the back shoulder throw, you know, the Steller game, you know that was intercepted in the red zone, it just does what do you think that's more of training camp still working.
Speaker 3: His way up. I'm not gonna let you bake me into that.
Speaker 4: So because I think at this point in the season even had too much time together to still be incurring those kinds of things. Whatever the disconnect is. They have to get this down because obviously the one throw in the end zone where I don't know what he's saying, you know, jump ball for you know, he's saying, put it up to give me a fifty to fifty wall. That those kinds of things, man, y'all could be working out right now. You know, when there's nobody you could go over to the Ford Center and get these staying together where there's no cameras or anybody watching this time to put that in that communication can't continue to happen throughout the season. Now, If they're doing the same thing by week eight, then this guy, come on, now, we gotta get to we gotta get to the bottom of this schoogy, dude, mystery, because these guys can't keep because you can't keep doing this, especially down in the red zone. And that's it's not like it's happening. It's in the red zone, and you know how valuable those possessions are when you get into the red zone and you don't come away with part points. And that's the one thing that I think, like last last Sunday was like, dude, we can't keep doing this when we get down that's the.
Speaker 2: Only way that even in the game.
Speaker 6: To be honest, those red zone turnovers for uh, you know, the block the block field going in the interceptions until until the final that was it.
Speaker 3: Did you check out those tight end numbers? What you come up with?
Speaker 2: Ferguson has better numbers than Sam Reporter.
Speaker 3: Okay, and he missed the game.
Speaker 2: Then missed the game hed E p m D.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying, Yeah, I've just said I was basically it off of these two tight ends and where the perception is. And I feel like eighty seven should come into this game. When you start doing the numbers and we're comparing tight.
Speaker 2: Ends, you should take it personally, he should take it that. I agree. That's all the safety I know.
Speaker 3: BC. That's what I'm saying, Say.
Speaker 2: It was better Sunday. Ferguson gonna be better than the port Absolutely. Baron Baroney.
Speaker 4: You know, no knife, No I don't no, no, no, no, no, no baron cattle, kettle, kittle, kelsey. I said what I said, believe that. Yeah, I signed the whole thing. No, I'm not getting calling, you know, trick me out making tastings over taking.
Speaker 2: He shot, I got you, I got we could do something.
Speaker 4: It's okay, but but you looked it up. You look, did he went it the numbers? He ain't even say that now. You know, if you know, if I was wrong, he would have definitely stopped you from anyway then.
Speaker 2: And then you said that, then I said, let's do something now. No, no, no, it's just like I don't know what you wanted, you know, but jelly, I want it on.
Speaker 6: That bacon tasting.
Speaker 4: Y'all didn't get to say bacon tasted when you went.
Speaker 2: On that I got wrong. I paid.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did appreciate that though, to appreciate okay, yeah, like I said that, you want to put one them?
Speaker 3: What was that? Was that califlower steak?
Speaker 4: You know I don't because I don't eat me when I go to the knife, I have a cauliflower steak.
Speaker 2: Okay that I don't don't sound tasty, but.
Speaker 4: Delicious really oh my god, delectable.
Speaker 2: Let you know, let me know. That's like five dollars or so.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Calie Flowers one sauce on. But all right, Harrisonbury church man, you got I hate man. I never heard of cauliflower steak. But but cool, cool vegetarian, vegan love it, bro. Yeah, I am, I am, I am, Players, Players, last, we'll do it tomorrow the church. You're gonna be here tomorrow. No, I'll be, uh you know, I'll be.
Speaker 3: I'll be.
Speaker 2: I'll be only allay today.
Speaker 5: Work.
Speaker 3: You can find me in to a little bit. I'll be back.
Speaker 6: I'll be back Tuesday, Monday, Monday, that Monday, so I can hear what you know?
Speaker 2: You flying back on Monday, Sunday Sundays Okay with a t oh yeah, let me know what you're watching the game man Exclusive Resort and.
Speaker 3: Shout out to.
Speaker 2: P the Latin this song. Yeah all right, players, as to talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.