Speaker 1: Welcome to Bullyball, presented by DraftKings. I'm Rachel Nichols. This is DeMarcus Cousins. He is back from ten days in China on an all noodle diet.
Speaker 2: Right absolutely, man, made the best of it.
Speaker 1: There is great food in China, but I unfortunately cannot appreciate it. I don't love spicy food. I know that you're used to your things. They don't have your things when you're away for that long.
Speaker 3: Right Nah.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fruit, but for the most part, the things that I eat on a normal basis just wasn't the case in China. But you know, I grew up eating a lot of noodles, so made the best of it, you know. Made it work out so bad to be back home and I can get back to my regular diet.
Speaker 3: So it is.
Speaker 1: It will not make you eat any noodles on this podcast today, so you are good. We will make you talk about the Oklahoma City Thunder though, because man, they are number two in the West. That is a sentence that I thought I would say at some point, but maybe not this season. They are early early early. We knew how good shake Kilgris Alexander was chet though averaging eighteen points per game, eight rebounds per game, two point three blocks per game. His shooting splits boogie are fifty six, forty four, and eighty eight. As I said, Sga killing it as always thirty six and six. I mean, look, let's talk about chet first, because big Man's a big man. Tell me what you see with.
Speaker 2: Him, man, I think he I think he's come in and played the right style of basketball. Obviously, you know check coming in he was a super talented player, came in with a lot of notoriety, super talented on both ends of the floor. I don't think he gets enough credit for how competitive he is as a player. Yeah, he accepts every challenge. He's fearless. It doesn't matter who he's matching up with on a ninthly base, he's going to go out and give a hundred and ten percent. So you know, credit to him. And I think he's playing the rest all of basketball. It doesn't do too much. He's he's taking the open shots given to him. He plays within the system, he plays within the floor of the team, and you know he's been a great anchor on a defensive van for this team.
Speaker 3: He's doing everything.
Speaker 2: He's doing everything correctly, and I think he's also putting up a big case for Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 1: I mean that's one hundred percent. It's interesting, right because Victor Rebnyama still projects out is going to be the better player eventually, but Chet is he's benefiting from that year that he sat because obviously you're still around the team even though you're injured in not getting playing time, you're learning how to be a professional. And he's playing on a better team. I mean, this team is number two in the West. As I said, the Spurs have lost a lot of games in a row, so many I don't have fingers to count, although I think the guy behind me does Anyway. Seriously, though, like how much would you if you're voting, Like, how much would it influence you that Chet is putting up these great numbers as part of a winning team where Victor is showing these incredible flashes of talent. I mean, he scored buckets in like twenty minutes the other day, But obviously it's not impacting winning.
Speaker 3: Say, I think you have to put that in this consideration.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's not that big of a difference in the talent level, So you have to start putting these things into play, well, what team is winning?
Speaker 3: How much of an impact is he having on winning?
Speaker 2: Obviously the success of the team, all of these things have to play a part in it. And like I said, I think Chet is he's making his case. And I mean, we've spoke on Weinby's talent, but you look at check play on a nine the basis is there really that much of a difference outside of just being hype in general and not saying that Winby doesn't deserve a hype because he's an incredible talent. He's doing things we've never seen before from a player his you know, his nature. But at the same time, Chet isn't that far off. He's doing a lot of the same things. It's just not as much coverage with Chet. But you know, averaging these numbers, almost shooting fifty forty ninety for a rookie, that's that's that's really impressive. So and on top of that, he's winning, So you have to give you have to give him his credit with credit is Dukeman. He's he's having a huge he's having a huge first year, so credit to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and as you said, he's got a killer instinct. I mean, he definitely was not going into this year just you know, given away Rookie of the Year. He was like, yeah, you've you've heard of that French guy. But look at me, look at me. I love it. And his success and how good he's been has created an interesting problem for the thunder A good problem, good problem to have. I mean, they did such a good job. They made out like bandits in that Paul George trade. You know, all of these deals along the way, the Russell Westbrook trade, they accumulated so many picks, and this coming up draft they have four picks just in this draft, and they have a question, Now, do you trade away some of those and try to get a win now kind of player because you've got pieces. I mean, SGA certainly has been super patient there, and I would love if I was the front office to reward him a little bit with like a little bit more firepower next to him. Or do you just keep drafting these great players? I mean they hit again with Case and Wallace, like they know how to draft there. These are this is the crew that obviously drafted James hard and Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant altogether, So clearly they could put together one of those kinds of teams just through drafting. But I don't know. I mean, you're talking about guys who look like they're ready. If they had one more big piece, what would you do.
Speaker 2: I think they're in the perfect position right now. I think they most teams look for as a core group, and I think they ended up finding that they have Jalen Wims, they have Chet, and they also have Sga, who's having a phenomenal year and I think an MVP year. I think his name should be in that discussion as one of the top guys as an MVP candidate this year. But I think the thunder in the position where they have their core pieces. Now it's about filling out, you know, the pieces around and putting in compliment players to help elevate this team to hopefully, you know, championship. Left with those four picks this year, you absolutely get rid of it. You can add a guy like Pascal Siakam that takes that team over the top. You can also go a little further and take Pascal and possibly Ogi on a.
Speaker 3: NOOBI and that team is now a serious contender.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and still even out of those two guys, you still have what forty plus picks coming up. I mean, they have so many picks in the near future, so I think they're in the perfect position. I think they're in a position now to start thinking, you know, championships, So there is perfect for the thunder right now. I was just deciding on what they want to pull the trigger on and what pieces they want to add around those guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, obviously you need some things to fall your way along the process. I mean, the Paul George thing isn't something that you could plan for, right that. Kawhi wanting Paul to come with him obviously elevated the market and what they could get for PG. All that being said, these guys are showing San Presti over and over again you can be a small market team and build greatness. I mean this is literally the second time he's doing it. So I think it's sort of a message to the rest of the league. And I don't know, man, those guys you mentioned, they're all under thirty. That's the thing. I mean, we talk about the timeline, and this is a young team, and you want guys who fit into their timeline. If guys in his twenties, it works. I mean Shay's what twenty five years old, So if you had a guy who was twenty eight, twenty nine years old, that's that's still in his window and you're not signing him to a ten year deal. So I just I think even with chat being younger and all of that, I don't know. I think SGA has been super patient, right, I mean, he got traded to that team. He was already we knew when he walked out of the door here in La how good he was, and the Clippers were very low to give him up. And the idea that he has sat through for these years, being on this rebuilding team, being in a market where he hasn't gotten as much shine as maybe he's deserved for how he's playing. I mean, if he was in a Northeast team these last you know what, three four years, like, you'd be hearing his name more nationally than just with hoop fans. So I don't know. If I'm the front office, I want to keep him engaged. I want to keep him, you know, believing in everything here. I might, you know, trade away some of those picks and to try to get some win now. And that's kind of the other question about this team. So I'm not sure they're going to be number two in the West going in the playoffs. But how far do you think they could get even if they just stay exactly as they are this year, no more trades, Like, how far do you think they could get in the West?
Speaker 2: I think they're a playoff team this year. Youth is kind of the movement right now in the NBA. Youth is winning games. So, like I said, I think they're in the perfect position to make something happen. What those compliment pieces can be as of right now draft picks. Having forty draft.
Speaker 3: Picks can't win you games, yep.
Speaker 2: But what you can get back for those forty draft picks is what's going to help take this team to the next level. So, like I said, they have their core foundation. What are you going to add around that to take these guys to the next level. Yes, SGA has been patient reward put them in a position to actually go win something. I think he's playing MVP caliber basketball. Put those compliment pieces around it. They got a chance. So it just depends on what they want to pull the trigger on to, you know, elevate this team to the next level.
Speaker 1: I mean, in the conversation right, that's my favorite phrase. I think later in the second half of the season, we're going to do a segment called in the Conversation because I love that about MVP. He's in the conversation, all right. Some of the other teams in the West not doing as well, Buggie, your former Golden State Warriors three and seven in their last ten. Now they do get Draymond Green back tomorrow as we sit there. But as we sit here, but you know, him being out has not been the only problem. Wiggins Man career lows across the board. I'm gonna look at these numbers here, career lows and points, field goal percentage, three point percentage, even minutes per game, and Klay Thompson, And that's why I really want to talk about he's struggling. He averaged twenty two points a game last season. He's only fifteen points a game, which they need more from him. You played with Clay. You know how he works and what spots he's comfortable in. He just hasn't looked comfortable. Is catch and shoot numbers are bad, only thirty nine percent on catch and shoot the season. What do you see with him? Why he's not doing what he should be doing.
Speaker 2: I don't see anything this early in the season. We've seen Clay have you know, slight salt shooting slumps like this is all part of basketball. We also seen Clay come out and explode for sixty to fifty forty, whatever the case may be. So just give it time. I think clayill find his rhythm eventually. Shoot or shoot. You shoot through your missus. You continue to shoot through your missus, and we all know Claill do that. So it's only a matter of time before Clay gets back into the Clay we're accustomed to scene and you know, putting up huge games for this team. So you just kind of got to take the bad with the good right now, and the good with the bad, and you know, just give him a chance to play through this slump. But to think that Clay is now, you know, not as good anymore. You don't forget how to shoot like that. That's something you could be forty fifty years old. You can come out and make a jump shot. Is he the most athletic player? Is he the fastest? Probably maybe not, But as far as him being able to shoot the ball, this is what Clay does, and I think he'll get back to it eventually.
Speaker 3: It's just a matter that time.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean he's clearly he is will go down as one of the best shooters of all time. I mean, Steph will tell you that Clay is technique in terms of technique, is a better shooter than he is. So of course you don't forget how to shoot.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's hard.
Speaker 1: From the outside a little bit to know Clay like he's you know, I've known him for years and years and years, and he's quirky obviously, and he's super laid back when he's around us the media. I can't tell from the outside if like he gets in his own head about his shooting or not. Did you see that at all?
Speaker 3: That is something that Clay does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with any athlete, confidence pushes everything, everything that you work on in your craft. Confidence is what pushes that a hit. So if his if his confidence is there, isn't there to go with everything that he puts into the game, then obviously it's going to be some type of struggle. Once he does find his confidence, you'll see the Clay that average twenty twenty two, twenty three points a game. Just a matter of time, and all athletes go through it. You have your days where you feel like you're the worst, and you had the days where you feel like you're untouchable, you're the best to ever touch a basketball.
Speaker 3: So that's just part of this journey. This is part of the nature at his beast.
Speaker 2: So eventually clayil find this his rhythm and we'll see what we're used to seeing from Clay Thompson.
Speaker 1: All right. So given all that and the fact that Steph Curry has actually combusted on fire at times this season, He's got had some crazy games already, what is your worry level for the Warriors within this Western Conference?
Speaker 3: It can go either way.
Speaker 2: Obviously, when they had their court group in Tech with Draymond, Clay and Steph, they always have a chance. But what happens with this team, it's always about the company, the company around them. What are they putting around them to elevate this team to make that core group better and vice versa. We can go back to talking about the Jordan Poole trade. Do I think the trade was necessary? Absolutely? I think it was best for both sides, with Jordan Poole moving on and figuring out who he is as a professional athlete, and obviously this core group moving on trying to win more championships. But I don't think the trade was handled the correct way. I think it was almost where they kind of settled. I think you could have got a lot more for that piece. I think you could have got a piece that could could have elevated this team and not made it kind of you know, I guess you could say get worse. It could have even been a situation where they kind of evened out, and I don't think that happened.
Speaker 3: I spoke on it earlier before.
Speaker 2: Just that addition, with Chris Paul being at the stage of his career that he's at, I did not see this team being able to elevate like Chris Paul at this sage is his career does not elevate this Warrior's team. And I think it was just plenty of other players or situations that could have been better for this team. But like I said, I believe they settled.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I think Chris has done some good things for the Warriors. He's fit in better than I expected him to, and his willingness to come off the bench and sort of lead that unit is really the best way to play him.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That way he can sort of have his own time on the floor and do the Chris Paul things that he does. So I don't think I think he's had some success there, but I get your point that he doesn't raise the bar enough for what you'd want to get for Jordan. Obviously, Jordan's had some struggles in DC, so his trade value maybe has gone down since he's gotten there, but it was higher when they dealt him. Obviously they had to get rid of him. I mean you made the point like you've heard Draymond talk since then and everyone around the team talk like the environment just was not good. I think it's an Andrew Wiggins issue because we saw last year when he was out for an extended period of time, you know, the personal issues going on. They really missed him as they were making that final drive for the postseason. And he's back and he's playing now, but again, career lows all the way around. If they can get him back to where he was when he was really kicking it in the middle of the last season, I think that's where the leap would be with this team. So I don't know my worry level is with you. I'm medium on that because I just think you're depending Steph's going to be Steph. I agree, Clay's going to get out of a slump. Draymond people love hate him. I think he brings huge value to that team. You know, for all the reasons that don't show up on the stat sheet, but you need a guy like Wiggs to actually step up and be that extra piece. So we'll see what happens all right around the Western Conference down to where I live in Los Angeles. We got two teams here on fire now. But be cousins who knew both the Clippers and the Lakers are four and one in their last five. So I got to tell you, ask you who's the better team in LA.
Speaker 3: My good is telling me to lean towards the Lakers.
Speaker 2: And the reason I can say that the Lakers know who their core foundation is with obviously Lebron and Ad everything else around him is just a compliment. With the Clippers, I think they're still in the process of figuring that out who they are moving forward. They have so much talent it's almost an overload in this it's now trying to figure out how we're going to make all these all this talent and all these egos fit together for the betterment of the situation. And I don't think that's something that you just figure out in five to ten games. I think this is going to be a season long process for this Clippers scene. So the reason I can lean towards the Lakers is because they know who they are with their core, found their cores foundation, and it's just about making that core foundation keep moving forward and making all the complimentary pieces, you know, continue to play at a high level. So I think that's a more fixable situation compared to what the Clippers have going on.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna have to lean towards the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Well, I like what the Clippers have done since Russ moved to the bench. I do think that was a big part of figuring it out. Obviously, the offense flowing. They're getting that spacing that they thought they were missing. The reason they got James and look, he still knows how to run the floor in a way that frankly, they haven't had since Chris Paul left. I mean it definitely, you know, makes a difference in terms of getting the guys in their spots. PG is still really comfortable with Russ, so we've seen them on the floor together more. But Kawhi and James have a nice thing developing, so I like all of that. It's been a little complicated with Russ. I mean, the story came out that Russ asked to go to the bench, and I think we all know how that works, right, Is that that's sort of what you say when a guy like that, who's so proud and has had such a great career. I don't know who asks who. I'm not going to get into it. Clearly willing to be a team play. I mean, the important thing is he's willing to be a team player, right. I mean, the thing about Russ is that he wants to win so badly. I think he's a bit misunderstood. That's been partly his own fault at some times. But I don't think you can doubt his dedication to this team, and he has really put himself in a position where he is uncomfortable. He has talked a lot about how he needs his routines. He has a certain way he prepares for games that all involves being out on the floor at tip off. He said that he doesn't know who he is or how to get ready when he's coming off the bench, so I know this has been a huge adjustment for him. He's worried about his body and just you know, not getting injured because he's not in the right place physically when he comes off the bench. So all of that is a lot to ask of a guy, and I think we got to give him credit for doing it, even though it's clearly impacting him negatively his going through He's played five games coming off the bench so far. That is the worst shooting stretch of his entire career, right, thirty five percent shooting over the last five games. He has not been able to get his rhythm. On the other hand, he has played tough defense. He is still giving maximum effort out on the court. In fact, here's a great number, Biggie. Opponents are shooting less than forty percent against him, which is the third best in the league right now. So I don't know, I just got to give a shout out to him and the fact that this is working a little better because he's making real sacrifices. His numbers are down, it's playing time is way down, right, he.
Speaker 2: Is, Like you said, I just don't feel like Russ gets the credit he deserves for being the teammate that he is, the sacrifices that he continuously makes when it comes to trying to win being a winning situation. For some reason, all his highlights are his negatives, which is unfair to him because there's so much more to go to the game besides making shots or shooting percentages. Credit to Russ, continue to be the professional that you are. Your peers know who you are as a person. Your peers know what type of competitor you are. We know how much you care about winning, and we know what you put into this game. So credit to Russ, love bro forever. Just keep your head up and keep pushing.
Speaker 3: We know you will.
Speaker 2: So I think eventually his his the good energy that he puts out. I'm a firm believer in that the energy you put out is that you get back. Yeah, he'll be rewarded for the good energy that he continues to put out. And it's just a matter of time before the rest of the world catches up and credits this guy for what he's done.
Speaker 1: Well, he's loved in the locker room. I know that. I know he's super popular in that Clippers locker room, and that's what matters. And we'll see where he goes from there. With the Lakers, I'm with you that they've they've got great you know, looks on paper in terms of knowing who they are. I still want to see Lebron's minutes go down. I know he is playing some of the best basketball of his career. I mean his shooting, the way his shooting has improved every season. I think for like a day, Gid is crazy. The shooting numbers he's got right now are insane. I mean, he's doing such incredible things, not just for a guy who's turning thirty nine, but period the end period. But he is a guy who's turning thirty nine, you know, at the end of this year, and if you keep playing him so hard for so long at this point of the year, we are going to see the effects by the end of the season. And they clearly need him to still be Lebron James. So I don't know that that's the thing I'm gonna keep worrying about. I want them to get more help. I think this is a team, a roster that we are going to see some tweaks to, you know, before the trade deadline. So we'll see. But I will tell you in Los Angeles after some doom and gloom at points around when I would like go to you know, go to bar, go to a coffee shop and hear people talking and people were not happy. There are some happy basketball fans here, so that's good.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's get to on the Radar, presented by DraftKings Sportsbook, the n Season Tournament. The games have been fine, but I'm insta these games. We've seen hostile moments, we've seen close finishes. The pace the Lakers have looked really good. The Lakers have said they're in it for the money. They've been very blunt. We want to get the guys at the end of the bench some cash, so they're all in it. They're undefeated in the tournament and Tuesday night tomorrow, as we said here is going to dictate a lot. But we do have the odds now from DraftKings on who is going to win it all, so I'm going to read those to you. The Bucks are the favorites plus two eighty Lakers plus five hundred Suns next plus six hundred. They're in the same group, so that could get interesting. Kings plus six fifty also in that group, Pacers eight plus eight hundred, Nicks plus twelve hundred. I think our producer Dylan Dreyfus threw that in there. Dylan, they are not winning the mid season Tournament. I'm just going to tell you that now. And the Magic at plus two thousand and I got to say, I don't think the Magic are favorites to win the mid season Tournament, but I do want to give them some credit. Seven straight wins, including wins against Indiana, Denver, Boston, they'd be number one, number one ranked defense in the league. So throw them in those odds. Absolutely. Who do you like to win the first ever mid season Tournament trophy?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna I think I'm gonna have to lean towards the Bucks as well. Obviously, with Dame and Giannis being your to go to guys, I think they have a chance at winning any night. So that's a tough that's a tough team to beat regardless of what the situation is. So obviously they will be the favorite. But my sleeper team, I'm gonna go with the Pacers. Like this is a playing incredible basketball being led by the young guy Tyrese Halliburn. He's playing incredible ball. I think MVP caliber ball. My opinion so I think that they're a tough team to beat. Miles Turner playing great basketball. He's turned it around playing inspired basketball. Buddy, He'll playing some good ball. The compliment pieces around him. They're just in a good flow right now. It looks like they have fun playing together. They're they're playing inspired basketball on a nightly basis, and whatever their motivation is, obviously they're they're playing lights out for it. If it's the money, if it's just you know, just being able to hold up the hardware at the at the end of this tournament, whatever the case may be, is pushing them to a new high. And I like what I'm seeing from this Pacers team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the Pacers feel that they've been overlooked a little bit. I know Tyres Haliburton feels he's been overlooked. He feels like, hey, I should be In the conversation also again for the segment in the conversation, Tyree's thinks that he should be on that national stage. And I think they are very motivated to try to win. And we do see with these mid season tournaments in soccer and Europe and everything, a lot of times sometimes it's the best team in the league, and they're the best team, and they keep winning, and they win the mid season thing and at the end of the year the big trophy. But a lot of times the mid season tournaments in different leagues you see guys like the Pacers come and steal it because you have the teams the elite elite teams like the Denver Nuggets, they're focused on the end of the season, whereas a team like the Pacers, they want to make noise in Vegas. They want to get this done. It'll be interesting. It also depends on how much defense is required in these games. The Pacers and Hawks last week had that game where I believe the teams score to combined four hundred and sixty eight points. Okay, not happen, So it'll be interesting to see what happens there. But they got great energy and I love it, and I'd like to see them in Las Vegas. I think that would be incredible. All right, this week, we still got to get through the games this week before everyone heads to Nevada. So let's take a look at the Marquee games. Boogie, I'm going to read you a few. You tell me which game is jumping out to you. As the one must watch. We got Thunder versus Timberwolves on Tuesday, which on paper are like, oh Thunder Timberwolves. These are the top two seeds in the West right now, as we said here, I mean, that's incredible. So that that game is on Tuesday. On Wednesday, you've got Clippers and Kings, your old team, and I got to say that rivalry is getting good, right, I mean, I like how the Kings are nosing in with all these other teams. So you got that one. And then on Friday, six or Celtics. That is an age old rivalry and even higher this year. It's the third meeting of the season, which is kind of crazy. I feel like they play every week right now, so there's already a little bit of bad blood there. And you've got Nuggets and Sons on that Friday night. Also, So of those games, who you got, what's the one you have to watch?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I think I'm gonna have to go for Friday, this game with Sixers and Celtics. Obviously, you know this Sixers team is a different team with losing James Harden and bringing in some new pieces. But I think it's gonna be a good test for them to see who they are as a team against top competition. The Celtics team is a team they're gonna have to go through in the East to hopefully get to a championship level. So this is a big test for them. Embat is playing incredible basketball. I mean, he won MVP last year and we and obviously would win the MVP. It's like, how could this guy get better? And he's found a way to actually become even better. Uh, he's moving the ball greatly, He's I've seen a couple of games where he's had eight to nine assists. We just haven't seen this element or this or this part of his game unlocked since he's been in the league.
Speaker 3: And I think this is great.
Speaker 2: He's fine way is to make the people around him better on top of still being a dominant player. So this this sixtiest team is they're finding the way and like I said, I think this would be a good test for them to see where they are as a team and the things they can improve on. What could they you know, what area of their team could they improve or make better.
Speaker 3: So this is a good test for them.
Speaker 2: And obviously with the Nuggets and Signs, these are two teams that are gonna be battling one another to come out of the West. So we're gonna see which one is that. The Nuggets, they're pretty consistent. They won the championship last year. His son's team just put together. We're gonna see what We're gonna see what can happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what Joel mb is. But he's in the conversation always. I got to get to doom scroll is my favorite part of the show. On social media. Action for you, Uh, Draymond Green, this was all over the socials. As we say, he said he does not regret putting Rudy Gobert in a headlock. Says that will always come. He will always come to his teammates to fend you said quote. The league has made it clear that they are going to hold my past against me, which is I mean, they literally came out and said that. So he is correct there. What did you make of all those comments?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: This statement, like this is what I fully expected, Draymond. It's pretty clear that Draymond wanted to put Ruby in the head Let's be honest. I mean, you got to be you got to be careful what tree you decided to bark up because eventually it's going to come to the head, and it did. So, uh, I don't I fully expected from Draymond. Obviously it's going to get overlooked that he was defending his teammate, which I want any teammate I want. I want my teammate to have my back at all time, regardless of who it is. So you know, Draymond won't get credit for being a good teammate. It's obviously going to be viewed in a negative light. His past is going to be held against him because you know, Draymond continues these type of incidents, So you.
Speaker 1: Know something about that buggy, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Do a little bit, But the league is going to hold it against and they're never going to give him the benefit of the doubt. And as far as showing him any grace, that's just non existent. So yeah, that's just the territory that he's in right now.
Speaker 1: So one hundred percent. I mean, look, it's interesting we just saw it too with Scott Foster and Chris Paul like that. You can't escape the past of what all the other stuff that's gone on there, right and so whether it's you know, officials being too quick to call attack on you boogie because like they're like, oh, well that's his history, that's what we're doing, or whether it's you know, Draymond with some of the things that he likes to do. I think we are seeing all that come into play. I'm not surprised. It would have been nice if he had said, you know, hey, that went too far. I shouldn't have done that. I know that that is what Steve Kerr would have preferred, but that is also not Draymond Green. I get that. I also, I mean, look, I want to say very clearly, it is wrong for Draymond Green to put Riddy Gobert in a headlock the way he did. And it was like eight seconds. I mean, this was not a quick thing, you know, that kind of thing dragged gone for a while. Also, I attended a hockey game the other night, and not only were there two significant fights. During the hockey game, one involved a player putting another player in a headlock. Several times guys took sticks and just whacked at each other, and for that offense they got put in a little box and we're told to sit down for two minutes. So sports are great, obviously hockey and basketball different. But I was just sitting there watching all this go on in front of me and thinking, Trammont Green gets suspended for five games for eight seconds of hugging Rudy Gobert's neck, and in this other sport that we all watch and I personally love, guys are like going at each other physically hard and they're like, yeah, you just go said for two minutes, come back out here. Everything's different. There we go, all right, Jordan Poole, We got to get to this because this has also been a big matter of conversation. You know, look, we saw a couple of weeks ago some video surface of him. He wasn't paying any attention during timeouts. An assistant coach had to like drag him back. He was talking a lot of smack about hey, it's my team and all this stuff, and he got a ton of criticism online. NBA Twitter went hard on him for this. Then suddenly we saw a video of him the other day and he is so locked in during this time out you would think that someone had like the winning lottery numbers in front of him. It was unbelievable. So my question is do we think that the reaction he got, you know, all that you hear about it right As a player, if that's all over NBA Twitter, you're gonna have people sending you the tweets, people are knocking off, and you're gonna have guys texting you. Do you think this is a result of the fans getting on him the way they do.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure what is a result of. But regardless of what it is, I'm okay with this. This is this is showing that he can't hold hisself accountable. He's realizing that he has been bullshitting and he has been everything that we wanted to see from Joan Poole, you know, taking that huge step.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We kind of compare his situation to James Harden of the past, like this is his chance to become this superstar and elite. He's done the complete opposite of that since he's joined the Wizards, so obviously it's been he needs a little humbling. He needs to come to reality and realize, like this situation is a lot more urgent and severe than he thinks. It's not just about going out being flashy, you know, shooting turn around threes before they go it like, all that's cool, but at the end of the day, like they put you in a position to be a franchise corner store, and these are the responsibilities that come with it. You have to lead a certain way. Uh you can't go out there and just talk to talk. You also have to walk the walk like obviously. So you know this is you know, a little humbling for Jordan Pool, but I think this can also help put him back on track, put him put his mind in the in the space that it needs to be in the lead this Wizards team. And you know, he has to realize this shit is a lot harder than just you know, making basks. So whatever it takes to you know, help get him on track. But that small clip of him being locked in on the bench paying attention compared to what we saw a couple of weeks fer, I think that's an improvement and I'm okay with that. So he does realize that he has been bullshitn't it. Like I said, he can get back on track and he'll lead this Wizards tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure it's been more than NBA Twitter. I'm sure west Son sel Junior has had a couple of words for him as well. So, uh, we'll see, We'll see what he gets we'll see where he goes. This story is crazy. Bug I literally had to read this twice. SGA. The quote in the New York Times is Shay Gilders Alexander dream house turned into a nightmare. That's the headline. Here's the deal. So in May, he bought a six million dollars dream house in Toronto, right from Canada. You know, this is it. This is the house he's going to raise his family in. This is amazing. You know, finally made it. You know, your big contract, you buy the house. This is it. Two days after he moved in, menacing visitors began to appear at the house looking for the previous occupant of the house. It turns out that this guy was a self proclaimed crypto king who apparently owes more than twenty five million dollars to one hundred and fifty different people. And they're all looking for him, and they all think he lives there. And apparently they're not playing around because when he did live there before the house got sold to SGA, someone came kidnapped him, tortured him. There's photos of him after he was released. He is like totally his face was basically rearranged and now there's more guys come into the house looking to do the same thing, but instead of this guy answering the door, it's like SGA and his wife, I mean, like, you don't want that, right, you don't want you don't want that shown up at your house if you're trying to raise a family there or anything else like that. And at no point during the sale did anyone tell SGA or his group that who used to be in the house, So they had no idea that this was going to happen. They basically packed up and left. So now they're trying to reverse the sale and they're going to court over it.
Speaker 2: That's nuts, though, right, that's pretty crazy, and I think he's definitely taken the right step. So I would definitely get some lawyers involved, like it might be time to sue some people.
Speaker 1: Like it took the Sopranos involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's a scary situation.
Speaker 2: And I hope that works out in his favor and his family's favor, and hopefully they can get to a place where they're comfortable and able to you know, raise their family and leave live in peace. But that's definitely a scary situation. I don't wish that on anybody.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, obviously, even if you're home, you don't want that going on, but especially if you're a pro athlete and you're on the road a lot like that's that that's just not okay, Like that's that's bonkers to me. I also don't know how you can owe one hundred and fifty people more than twenty five million dollars collectively, but I guess if you work really hard at it.
Speaker 3: Dude was definitely into some jankie business.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's that's a different a situation.
Speaker 1: I just want you know, most fans out there are not buying homes for six million dollars. But it's not all it's not all the sweet life people. Apparently things go wrong for them too, So I don't know a nicer story. Victor Weber, as we know, has been You mentioned the hype around him. I mean, everybody wants a piece of what they think is going to be this incredible NBA legendary story. And his first game, warn Jersey just went up for auction. It sold South Thebes for seven hundred and sixty two thousand dollars for one jersey that cracked the top five. Ever, I mean that's that's what's bonkers. Think about all of NBA history, all the jerseys that have gone on the memorabilia market, all that stuff. This became number five, number one. Michael Jordan's nineteen ninety eight game NBA Finals Game one jersey. Right, I want to know what that last game where he hit the shot, but anyway that he probably has that one at home. But yes, Michael Jordan's nineteen ninety eight NBA Finals Game one jersey that went for ten million dollars, so nuts but understandable. Wilt Chamberlain his seventy two NBA Finals jersey, that Lakers jersey went for nearly five million dollars. Kobe Bryant had one that went for like a little over three and a half million dollars, is rookie jersey. But the fact that Victor webin Yama is in that conversation now in the top five those names Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Kobe Bryant, and Lebron James. That jersey also is in the top fives. And now Victor webin Yama. I mean, that's where we already.
Speaker 2: Are with this guy, and it's just you got to credit his talent. I mean obviously, obviously these people believe in his young kids talent. They believe he's going to have an incredible career.
Speaker 3: I believe that dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If you had a you think about who you're like loves were growing up, like who your favorite players were. If you could, if you could have one jersey from one era or one particular style of jersey from one player, who would you shell out some money for?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I was actually lucky enough to get that jersey. I have a signed Bo Jackson jersey. So Jackson fan. Yes, Alabama guy, So I'm big on all my natives from Alabama, So I know the feeling. But I'm gonna be honest, it definitely Wasn't this cost.
Speaker 1: A million dollars.
Speaker 3: Nah, not even close. So it was actually gifted to me, like thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, but to come out of my pocket, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Bo Jackson's a fan of you too, So again, you all your Alabama guys got to stick together. Yeah. I just shudder to think if Wemby's in an NBA finals, if already his rookie year jersey is nearly a million we'll see, we'll see what happens, all right, but you will leave it there. You guys can catch all the episodes of Bullyball on YouTube Showtime Basketball's channel. You can also get it wherever you get your podcasts. Give us those five star reviews, those helping us in the algorithm. I'm not ashamed. I'm going to ask for them. I'm not going to be like, oh, I'm too cool for it. No, I am asking you go give that five star review because that will help us out spread the love, spread the love of bully Ball. We will be back next Monday. Thank you, Boogy cousins.
Speaker 3: Thank you,