Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new He.
Speaker 2: Scruggs Players Lounge in the house. Yep, yep, it is the players.
Speaker 3: Danny McCrae, Barry Churchma Harrison's here, I'm new he Scrugs. Cowboys looking to go two and zero for the first time and the Mike McCarthy era.
Speaker 4: Does that surprise you at all?
Speaker 3: He's never won a first It was a regular game in the regular season. He finally did that as they dismantled the New York Giants. Now here come the New York Jets into town and a chance for McCarthy to be a That is two and oh m hm.
Speaker 2: Starting off, fans, that's what you love to see, what you love.
Speaker 5: Get y'all had y'all kool aid too early. They got a new recipe to it.
Speaker 2: Now, you know what I'm saying. We had twenty We had the kool Aid less red forty in there. You know what I'm saying, none of none of that stuff that can make you sick. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's a good kool Aid. That's the right amount of sugar. The light they still scarred. They had they had half a couple of sugar and they put two package. It tastes like water, not the water, and you had sugar. But that's why, that's why this kool aid over here is right.
Speaker 2: You said you see your house party.
Speaker 5: I believe in Big Mike, and I believe that dan Quinn and this game is gonna be just that. Okay, dan Quinn versus Solid and Solid versus Mike McCarthy. Okay, it's a lot on Solad's play, and I don't think he's gonna be able to.
Speaker 2: Get too much on his plate.
Speaker 4: Forget about it.
Speaker 5: There's too much on this plate. I didn't forget about nobody. The last time I saw him, the thing you had it uh out there had my homeboy, my homeboy. He was out there with the thing you hack it last one season. Now you're out here with this new revamped offensive line.
Speaker 2: He must be doing something right, must be must be doing racket that his offense only might work for one guy, right, It ain't the boat. I think it's not the boat. We'll see what. We'll see what Wilson got, man. But yeah, I think it's gonna be a massacre. Man.
Speaker 6: But this will be a test for this offense though, This Dallas Cowboys offense will be a test because that defense out there get some dogs. Man, on each level, each level of defense, they got some dogs. This will be a real test.
Speaker 2: The running. They're gonna tested with the run again to already both of them back strap, yeah one of them right there. Yeah, but that Negro no one of them.
Speaker 5: Cowboy the linebacker got twelve thirteen times. That is that type of game. The thing that worries me, not worries me. But you know, both teams have great defenses, and Robert south Salah has a lot of that vic vangel to him. You know, here's a lot of Dan Quinn to him too, just based off of personnel and the way he mixes up his coverages. I think that's gonna be the interesting thing about this, about this matchup. I'm gonna go back to a group that had a bad game last week, and that's the tight end room. The tight end room has got to come up big in this game. They got to be able to dominate the middle of the field, and I think that'll open up everything else. But I think Mike is gonna stick to his guns.
Speaker 2: The running game. You have to, you know, you have to. And if Tony.
Speaker 5: Poler comes out of this fourteen fifteen carries, maybe twenty get up to twenty this week, and ric o'daldo can get splash plays in there as well, that's gonna continue to continue drives. But y'all know, the real matchup y'all want to see it is that one CD and Sauce. That's gonna be it man CD in Sauce because at what point does CD exactly have that I am a number one whirace even moment like in the NFL, like complete domination, because we know when you get to the playoffs, you're gonna have to go up against a guy Sauces caliber. And we saw what he did last I mean last year when I think about CD, he did have Cooper rush was the first time and just the Eagles matchup is what I'm talking about. The Eagles didn't respect it. You know, it wasn't no safety over the top that it was straight man and so in situations like that where you know Robert Solad's gonna mix it in the same thing. Can CD have, you know, getting advantage in his matchup against.
Speaker 2: Us, Well, let me tell you something. I've seen that.
Speaker 5: They said Sauce that they don't flip sides, oh left, So he gonna get some Cooks and he's gonna get some d And you know, my feeling on Cooks is it's gonna be a battle. It's gonna make CD a lot better, but I think it's gonna push both of their numbers up. I think that Cooks is gonna see CD doing some stuff, and Cooks has always been the man, okay, And CD has been the.
Speaker 2: Man since he's been here.
Speaker 5: He stepped into his own last year where he had one of his best seasons, and now he got Cooks coming in. He's not trying to get that up. So I think you're gonna see a lot all the competitive stuff going on. But that Jet secondary had a hell of a game, okay. So it ain't just it ain't just something just they went crazy Shall and helped them. They made the plays now, for sure. They made the plays.
Speaker 6: Now because even when you know sauce and dizzy thing, but read and did they think too, They was going back and forth.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like you know, it was like Red was just getting ate up over there too. You know it's gonna be, Man, gonna.
Speaker 5: Be one second because you want to I want to ask you a question about the tight end room. Okay, do you still feel the same that Ferguson You said Ferguson was gonna be starting this.
Speaker 2: Yes, you still feel the same. You don't think School is gonna.
Speaker 5: Get up in there because they drafted him in the second round and I'm drafting a guy in the second round and I see what happened out there in the previous game with the drops. I don't know about the block and assignments and how I went out there, but I know the stuff that was spotlighted to where you say those should have been big plays. It was in the tight end room. And it wasn't School now. It was the two young guys you're trying to see if they're tady to play. So the answer that question is yes, I believe to believe in him. And it wasn't like he just dropped the ball. They dropped balls and those things. I just feel like they can correct that because if you make those catches, those two catches that they missed. I think it makes a difference in the yards for dak Is QPR and everything else. I mean, especially him the shot because that's right in the brand basket.
Speaker 2: Tell that over there.
Speaker 5: He gets Schooling. Now put the dimonds the ball. Gonna do that anyway. You know, I saw school yesterday. I was doing the camp and I said, that's a big dude. Yeah, that's that's yeah, Michigan tighty. He ready to play.
Speaker 2: You ready to play? Put him in coach. Nine and a half point favorite right now is going on up.
Speaker 3: The line is shooting up from four and a half before Aaron Rodgers got hurt to seven and a half hearing about the injury.
Speaker 4: Now it is nine. And that's a lot of points, guys, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's that right now, just looking here year at the That is the largest spread in the National Football League right now that I'm looking at here. Actually, No, Buffalo is a nine and a half point favorite at home against the Raiders.
Speaker 2: That's bad the Rams. I can't bet. But if I could make you say that, I could. No. But that spread.
Speaker 5: You know, how when you when the lottery get to like a billion dollars and then everybody start going to get their ticket and going up. That's the spread right now for them before we get to the game, it's gonna be sixteen.
Speaker 3: That is that's wild because this is still a team that has a defense.
Speaker 4: And I'm no offensive court.
Speaker 3: It was really clear, you gonna run the ball, Zach Wilson is here's not a guy you're gonna trust.
Speaker 4: Run the ball.
Speaker 3: Shorten the game, get your defense out there to play, taking the fourth quarter and go where you go.
Speaker 4: Nine and a half is a lot of points.
Speaker 2: That's almost double digits. International Football League in NFL. You don't you don't hear that. You don't hear that.
Speaker 5: To make sure people don't pick the cawnt because I promise you come Friday, you're not gonna hear me talking about nothing. Shout out to them.
Speaker 6: Though, even how good their defense is just defense, which is it's outstanding.
Speaker 2: You know, how long can you be on that football field?
Speaker 6: You know, because if Wilson's going three and out, three and out, three and out, officially, that defense is gonna wear down. I mean, we've seen it with the best of them, So I just I just can't see away unless Wilson just turned into some Broadway Joe or something crazy like that.
Speaker 2: It's it's gonna be a done.
Speaker 5: I like to I like to take y'all back to a few games and quarterbacks where we were like, we should man handle these guys, the Texans.
Speaker 2: The Texans, I mean even a couple of years ago. Sam Darnold came in here looking like Michael.
Speaker 5: Vicky Like we we've been known to get in there and say, all right, these are teams that we should go out there and be And I know this this year is different, but because we did it, you know, we won for the zero, but this this week by week, okay, last week, I mean last year they went out there and beat the heck out of Minnesota and we thought, we thought it was home to the Super Bowl, baby, and you know it didn't happen. How many more games with this defense do you have to be confident in what they're doing to say, all right, hey, we're going up against this offense like the Jets. Yeah, the schedule, the schedule is gonna determine that. And yet San fran Philly, the New York Giants is not gonna be one the New York Jets without Aaron Aaron Rodgers is not gonna be one Patriots. Patriots like those are not ones where you say, all right, yeah they for real. You get out there, you you man handle a sand Fran running game. You stifle this running game. Then we know you can run the ball. We already know you can cover. That's what I'm saying. You know what, ain't no weakness out there, no weakness. And then you know, like new Y alwaysays, gotta stay healthy.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest point. That's the biggest one right there. You don't stay healthy. It's changing the season.
Speaker 3: Speaking of healthy off intive line, Tyler Smith missed the game. We'll know later on today. Mike mccart's got prescottson three thirty. Where is Tyler Smith? This is a good defense here. How do you handle that kind of situation without us not you know, we don't know yet what the head coach is telling us about the health of.
Speaker 4: The player and left.
Speaker 6: God, man, it's gonna you know, it's a completely different tone from from last.
Speaker 2: Week from me, because I was we need everybody on hands all day. Man.
Speaker 6: Them boys impressed me, you know, because because they went against the Giants defense and you know, they mandled them. You know, they held no pressures at all. This is a guy all last year had at least one quarterback pressure, you know. Man, Tyron Smith skunked them out. And then you talk about the inside guys. I was big on Williams and desk Lawis. I was huge on them. Those are the new Bama boys. Oh man, they handled their business out there. So I just don't see.
Speaker 2: I don't see.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't think the risk ill weighs the reward on this one. You know, to bring him back, let's just say he's you know, eighty percent. Why not let him wrest another week?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Or like we always talk about, seventeen weeks is a long time. Why not wrestle a little bit. I understand, you know, we got the just defense and all that, but the just offense ain't. They ain't moving the ball. They're not moving the ball. So it fit's up to me depending on where he's at, I say, wrestling.
Speaker 5: Look, when I go back to the tape from last Sunday, Trueman Doga showed me that he could play the guard position and play it well. I think we should have been panicking last week when we saw that the Doga was going to be in because that was his first time ever playing guard in the NFL. He's long time, like thirteen starts as a tackle in the league. So you know, look, I think position flexibility has been a word we've been using a lot. And I think you know Dan for not Quinn, the front office, Will McLay, all of those guys have made sure that they bring in guys that are multiple And I think for Tyler Smith, his ability to not only play guard but also play tackle because we got the time clock on right now for certain things, right, I wasn't even gonna matter that, Okay. So with with Toylas Smith, that's a big hamstring. That's a big that's a big hamstring, and you don't want to that's a big hamstring, and I don't want nothing, especially the way we saw Tyron you know, pulling out and that's the way that they used tiln So if we could, if we could, we could save that hamstring. That's a big hamstring. Now y'all know it too. That's a big man. Pross myself.
Speaker 3: And then we come back should the Cowboys, speaking of the offensive.
Speaker 2: Line, that's crazy bring back.
Speaker 3: And man they once thought would be a long term solution that the old line will do that. Next with Harry Church Harrison Danny mc crab InTru Lounge brought to your Dallas Cowboys Doctors Out.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: After the brushout, who looks white that you're not there? He escape flap, He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Crushcout's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 2: Whoo me too.
Speaker 5: These Smoothie bowls start with us III and Pataya, and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home We're away we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys. Smear enoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 5: Check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at at and T Stadium and at the Star in Frisco. Meet Jerry Jones and Interactive Experience. Get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones with a focus on innovative fan experience in partnership with a T and T, They're the interactive technology gives tour boys the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions. For more information and to book your tour, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash tours. Mister Jones, they're talking to you. Yeah, he answered the questions. They kept asking. So what do you think about Danny McCrae. He said that pay cut.
Speaker 2: Man? About that Christy played the survivor in the background. Oh yeah, I know who you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, heck Maherrison for the Red Players Lounge brought to you by Tostitos. Here you got Gary Church check mayor Danny McCray, I knew he scrugs the.
Speaker 2: Uh cold world.
Speaker 3: The Jets with a nice rushing performance last week against the Bills, one hundred and seventy two yards on the ground, most in the lead, but they are going. And then by the way, though, it's interesting in that game, Monday night game, the Bills held the ball for thirty three minutes versus twenty seven fifty for the Jets.
Speaker 4: So if you are if.
Speaker 3: You're Mike McCarthy, you want to run the ball, let your get a lead and let your defense see.
Speaker 5: But this is why the numbers, This is a little side the numbers sometimes. This is why you gotta watch the game and understand situational football and understand, like what actually happened in the game, and how many yards one?
Speaker 2: How long was that long run by Breese? How about eighty?
Speaker 5: So what happens is what happens is and this is this is not to go against yours as somebody says, Man, they ran the ball, will they had all those yards, they must have controlled the clock. I mean eighty of it was one run.
Speaker 2: But that happened across the league.
Speaker 5: Though I think McCaffrey had a seventy something yard running club.
Speaker 2: You look at it and say, man, they ran the ball.
Speaker 5: Will I don't consider breaking an eighty yard running then for the rest of the game, getting seventy and ended up with one fifty. You having a great Russian day as far as being able to like that being your game plan, control on the clock, making sure you're picking up first downs, giving your quarterback short thirty shorts versus he got eighty.
Speaker 2: On that one.
Speaker 5: What do you do for the rest of the game, because his average is gonna be crazy. Bresaw average was like twelve or thirteen, but he didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't warn.
Speaker 5: Thirteen yards to carry, so yo a little different, little different, and that's why you see, like the time of possession is different. You're like, well they ran the ball. Well on those guys, they did, but not that not that good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, third down Tweld team struggled in that game. Buffalo five thirteen, Jets five or thirteen as well. Cowboys with the season opener at Jerry World here, what is it in season opener you come in with one victory in the.
Speaker 5: Back it was it means that you're rolling right because we haven't been as a play.
Speaker 2: Well, what I'm saying we haven't been able.
Speaker 5: If I'm on this team, you know, three four years at this point, we hadn't been able to get that first win, all right, So one knocking that out right, we're not cursed. We got a way that we figured it out. This is gonna be a whole new year for us. So you go into it with a little bit of momentum, especially beating the team for to the zero. All right, being the team for to zero. Now you say you're preparing for the week. Your coach is telling you, hey, man, A Rod's coming. This is gonna be a big game. Make sure you buckle up and get ready. Now A Rod's not playing. Now they hungry for real because now guys are like, man, I'm finna go ahead and get these stats. So this is another opportunity for you to step up and say the momentum, keep it rolling. This is how our season hopefully is going to continue for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it also verifiest a few things.
Speaker 6: You know, when you get that first victory, you know very fast all the off season what you did in ot ys, you know, putting all that work in coach saying hey, you know, we gotta take us one at a time, but we got some pieces, we can do some things out there. Then you go on in the training camp going against each other, battling, you tired of hitting the same person each and every time. And then you go out there. Your coach said, if we execute this game plan, we should dominate, And if you go out there and do that, you dominate that team. It just verifies all the work you put in throughout the entire offseason, and it also kind of makes you believe more in your coach and what he had going on, like this guy's gonna put us in the in the right you know, direction, in the right place to make positive plays out there. So it just verifies a few things. And then you just gotta keep rolling. You gotta taking one game of time. I know it's a cliche, but it's real. We just seen three and zero starts here and then down and down the stretch. It didn't look that well. So they gotta keep plugging along. But they got a heck of a team rolling right now.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, this is a you gotta feel good about it, but do you ask yourself?
Speaker 2: Is forty to zero.
Speaker 5: And we completely dominated these guys in all three phases, of the game.
Speaker 2: Did we get a real look? You know?
Speaker 5: Is that some part of it? Like look was Daniel Jones the we all of those things considering you have to come out and I think it goes back to what we were.
Speaker 2: Saying, most improved but me week one week man.
Speaker 5: But it goes back to I think a question that we had yesterday about are you over confident? Are you over confident because you beat them for the to zero then you bring in a jetsam And that's why I asked question, well, what when do you get to the point where you feel like a right man?
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 5: You know, this defense is dominating, and I think that's where you start to hang your hat when you talk about the Jets and their running game and what they're going to bring in the AT and T Stadium. I just feel like, and just for you guys as safeties, if y'all looked at the All twenty two, Malik Hooker did some things in that game that I think really makes you confident in the defense. I mean being that that fel safe the last line of different defense and with all of the different fronts that Dan Quinn likes to play, you have to have a solid safety and number twenty eight plays he played solid and so man if one and oh is good. This this is where you have to answer that question that you brought it up again. Okay, so we got forty nine ers. Yeah, you're performing that. That's when you're like, okay, you start rolling, all right. Then you got your guys coming, Well we're going we're going after that to the Chargers. All right, you find a way, you find a way to put up a great performance like that. Well after that, after that, you got the Eagles, right, so you you're going into four game stretch because after that you know you're back to the Giants. So you go, you got a one two, Yeah, that's four for you said, all right, you come out of that date specifically is Danny Dims after that, so November the twelfth, November twelve, So after November the fifth, when we play at the Eagles, you should have a good idea of what this team is, especially if hey, is this defense as great as we think it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Leel Collins cut by the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Go around the table.
Speaker 6: There's some people that won in back back what bare that's the town boys here back here, So I go around the table, start on that side of the booth.
Speaker 2: That's your man, that's your brethren. Name what brot? Let me tell you something, Let me tell you something. And wait, I don't even think you were here?
Speaker 5: Then what what one thing y'all not gonna say about me is just because you with the l s U, you get a pass on everything?
Speaker 2: Okay? Because what did I say?
Speaker 5: What did I say when they gave Lao his spot back when Terror Steel.
Speaker 2: Every week?
Speaker 5: I came on here and said, you, y'all, I'm telling you gonna pay for that. What happened the next year, got him on, got him on up out of here. He gets another squad, same thing he Didne got released. All right, we don't want to back here. Shout out to him. He made his money, he played, he had a career in the lease. Somebody's gonna pick him up. We got Terror Steel, we just paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: After we're gonna figure it out after this year, moving forward, right, we don't need lo this year. But we got some young talent there. We got some young tailor. Had we had a young left guard that played this game. You say, I don't know, I don't know the future may be looking bright. You could bump Todler back out the left tackle in the future and you might have you a left guard there. So nah, no, no, no, no, no for you, that's that's an absolute no no Tigers. That's cold. That's cold.
Speaker 2: That's co work. I mean, but that's your truth. I mean, and I appreciate that. Man.
Speaker 5: I'm I think it's a hand scratcher man when I think about Layel because he was such a steal to the Cowboys when he got the guy with the first round grade came in.
Speaker 2: He bawled out his rookie season.
Speaker 5: I mean, you saw like everybody was talking Larry Allen as kind of you know, the way that he was blocking, and then it just seemed like the roller coaster started. I was confused when they started the whole Terran Steel Layo Collins thing because I didn't believe in I didn't know tern still, you know, and undrafted.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't see the makeup, but obviously they saw something in Terrence Steel that made them move away from Lael Collins, which was difficult for me as a man watching it because I thought that Layol Collins was a better offensive lineman. Nah terror still took that position on that position, and now you see him with another contract and we're talking about him getting his money before his time and they need to be taking care of but anyway, but anyway, I'm just saying, if he's out there, if his mind is changed, I don't know what's up with him mentally.
Speaker 2: But don't act like we don't need help on the offense line.
Speaker 5: All right, Josh, we see Josh Ball is is once his chume Dogga it was it's we don't have a lot?
Speaker 2: What are you saying? You know, he asked you a question I would love I would like to hear you answer. Dude. What was the question? Do you bring him back? That is?
Speaker 5: I need to know an answered because right now you was here there every year you was where were at back about yes or no? Dog as a as a body, Yes, as a body. Yes, I need bodies. Okay, I need bodies. I got Josh Ball.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm as side with you know Big Nate Newton on this way.
Speaker 2: He just texted me.
Speaker 6: He must be listening to the show and they say, no, no, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Got that that we can develop? But we see in the Guard that we see that it's gonna be a big, big week. I admit I thought he was going, you know, hey boy, he's gonna go through him like a hot night through butter.
Speaker 2: But they didn't. They didn't. They he was able to hold up. So hey, I say we go with.
Speaker 6: A week the week, this, a week the week, thing, this week, one week at a time.
Speaker 2: So he said he won't back. No, no, no no.
Speaker 4: The Bingos cut him.
Speaker 3: This is as as this is a we know from our borough watching. This is an outfit that has a problem at the offensive line position. And you saw Xavier see a Filo, who is a non starter here leave the Cowboys became a starter up there and they cut him.
Speaker 5: But let's not act like that. Bengals have been so smart about offensive lineman. They paid him all that money and he's the most sacked quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 2: So it's not like.
Speaker 5: They've been making great decisions at the offensive line for the last three years either. So you want us to make a bad decision because they made want That's not what I'm saying. That's not and I'm not saying bring him back here to start. That's not That is not what I'm saying. I am not bringing bring him back here as a starter. I'm saying bring him back here as your seventh offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel is he? Is he healthy? That's that is the whole year he was some pep to start the season. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, an A had an a c L injury, came with a c L in December with the issue. Then before he left here, him and Tyron was with Chilling on the sideline at the same time, wasn't it. Uh he didn't get to play that year. He had to the whole year and he went up there hurt too. Listen, I get tiring the hard time. But I know when Tying is healthy, okay, and he's trying to be healthy, real deal, Okay.
Speaker 3: With a team like the Bengals cut you and they have offensive line issues, it says something. That's says something. Let's get our second break in here. A tweet that came out this morning. It was so basic, but I just want to get around the table and get your.
Speaker 4: Thoughts on it.
Speaker 3: And it's about trading Cooper Rush, Barry Churchich, Maharis, Dan y Krab news Stross. This is the Player's Lounge, brought to you by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapper the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 10: Press Scott's gonna run this in show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love.
Speaker 4: For them boys.
Speaker 9: Smirnoff, we do game days, please, drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Do you eat sleeping breed Dallas Cowboy Football? Tell us how you spice up the game for a chance to be named the twenty twenty three Cowboy Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan and win exclusive prizes plus a trip to Super Bowl fifty eight. Nominate yourself or another today at dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Heck Maharrison.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, brought to you by Tostitos.
Speaker 4: We have Danny.
Speaker 3: McCrae, Heck Maharrison, Barry Church, I'm new he Scruggs, Joe Sina Anderson that are an NFL reporter tweeted out, I do think Cooper Rush should get consideration in a trade scenario since the Cowboys have Trey Lance. The reason I put Gardner Minshew previously is because of the other intangible considerations I have, though, I think the oh to one Colt should sniff at this if their record goes down. Jerry Jones already on the record yesterday I want to five through the fander his radio show, saying that he's not going to get rid of Cooper Rush because they may need him, and Doc has miss games in the past.
Speaker 4: So when you see this type of tweet, and I always say it's from national folks.
Speaker 3: Who don't ever really spin a deep dive around the team throwing stuff out there, would you.
Speaker 4: Trade Cooper Rush Hack Mahyrish.
Speaker 2: Heck no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: We saw how valuable Cooper was for those five games, you know, and we got it. We gave him an opportunity to get out there and test the market, and nobody signed him in these backs. So no, don't start that now. Don't try and poaching from us now now. No, we need a quality backup and we have one. So I'm confident with that. And I mean, what you trade him away for now, Trey Lance to bee yours? I don't think see that's that's the narrative they want to start right there. Why why would we The dude came in and proved it even in preseason he still played well and we and we got a conversation about trading him. And that's only here because trade Lance is here because if Will Green was still the back of the quarterback, I don't think you still have that that now that option out there. Of course, you trade, uh, you trade Cooper Rush, and then what then the narrative of Okay, now Trey Lance is pushing Dak Prescott. Just he don't play well, then that's a bigger thing. No, you don't trade the guy that has been hurt. He has played well, Like heck said, he tested the market, he came back to Detown. Let him stay here do his thing, because one thing we know, Okay, injuries they do happen before.
Speaker 2: They do happen. No, they can't trade Cooper Cooper Rush. It ain't no way.
Speaker 6: The man went, you know, four on one last year and he looked well, it looked well when he when he played out there, and we all understand injuries do happen out there. And then, like you said, if we do trade them away, then Lance becomes the backup.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't know what Lance is.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is a guy that couldn't even get the backup job in San Francisco. It couldn't beat out Sam Donald. We all seen what Sam Donald is on tape. You know, I don't who's it going. We all seen what he puts out there. So to me, it just doesn't make any sense and it warrants unnecessary drama. So hey, no way, I mean, there's no way they would trade Cooper Rush.
Speaker 2: Look at the Jets, they wish they had them with Cooper.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they thought that Mike White somebody.
Speaker 2: They drafted this.
Speaker 4: Kid number two overall.
Speaker 3: So at some point, remember they had Sam Darnold, who they gave up multiple second round draft picks from the coast to go get. They say we're done with you. They bring in Zach Wilson. Done with you, so I got the last one. I'm not trying to beat up Josina as much as I talk about the whole national media narratives where people want to make these great accusations about the Cowboys and her to say that, you know they have Trey Lance.
Speaker 4: Trey Lance just got here.
Speaker 3: I keep going back to what Will Greener said, it took him a whole year when he got here, the same kind of time Trey Lance.
Speaker 4: Did you know right before the.
Speaker 3: To learn this offense that this is not just some hey man, what's the five plays?
Speaker 2: It's pretty deep.
Speaker 4: It's pretty deep.
Speaker 3: So to say that you know Trey Lance, go ahead, make him the number two ship off Cooper Rush for for.
Speaker 2: What did That's another thing what are you get it?
Speaker 3: And if you get the Jets, are you really trying to give up a two or three for Cooper Rush?
Speaker 4: Know exactly where your season can go? I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 3: And I also don't know what for Hackett does he does he want a Cooper Rush?
Speaker 4: They want?
Speaker 5: That's why. See, that's what I love about you, Dog. You're a conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 2: You know you can see it.
Speaker 5: You can see that they're trying to sell the conspiracy Trey Cooper Rush because they wanted they want to start this theory on what Trey Lance is gonna do. But ever since Aaron Rodgers went down the speculation the Monday morning with Tuesday Morning, what'd you see Tom Brady shooting jump.
Speaker 2: Athletics?
Speaker 5: I still you're hearing all these rumors about what's my man that I can't even think his name right now, San Francisco. My man Colin Kaepernick is coming out of everybody wants to it's looking at no but don't even touch it. But I'm just saying, but just everybody looks at Zach Wilson and they saw what his shortcomings were last year.
Speaker 2: That's why nobody believes him. The chests didn't believe him.
Speaker 5: How hard was it for Robert Solid to go back up though to the microphone and say, we believe in Zach Wilson.
Speaker 2: You're lying.
Speaker 5: You just saw everything to get Aaron Rodgers. In no way you predicted that he even Zach Wilson didn't have any players on playing this year.
Speaker 2: Bro Let me tell you something. Did you see Solomon's face? Did he let.
Speaker 5: He was like this, it's hard dropped at the house phone, not like this, not like not like I gotta go back to my family. I'm just got to crib in Jersey. But at trying to fail that. And if you and if you as defensive players, you see Aaron out, you like, oh no, why no, we can't be cause the defense was more excited about Aaron Rodgers than anybody because it's like, look.
Speaker 2: We know what we could do.
Speaker 5: All we need you to do is not turn the ball over and make bone head plays.
Speaker 2: Man, they got their man back.
Speaker 6: How he wasn't twenty fifteen when.
Speaker 2: Tone went them, we just man was it was everybody just Solid looked just I went from j Cuttler.
Speaker 5: Jake Cuttler was out there hurt too. All that all that five was five and fifteen came back here. I'm like, yeah, because y'all came down there and spanked us, spanked the Bears came back here. I said, yeah, we're right, Romo here, this is yeah, we all right and showing up Romo go down in the Eagles game.
Speaker 2: Oh man, yeah, it just was eating. It was we eating. Castle Castle came up in Castling More. Hey, Matt Castle, bro here's for USC, Madcastle for USC.
Speaker 4: He was like that Mad Castle.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just telling you. I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's a I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, but the experience we had here, so I know when you when you say, man, even the special teams was like, hey we finish, get a whole bunch of.
Speaker 2: Rips out here, probably kick off return to.
Speaker 7: Out.
Speaker 5: But you ain't got that. You can't put your helm and down if you on defense and punt. You like, hey, coach, we gotta we gotta re evaluate what I'm doing out here because I'm getting too many rips. That's how they feel out there, and they can't say it though they can't say it, but you know that. But they won the game, so right now they're still riding on that. Okay, maybe we could make this work.
Speaker 2: Yes, when we came in, we won the games, we got a chance. And the next week turned to themself, it's gonna take a couple of weeks. That's what takes.
Speaker 5: A couple of weeks, is right? You know they come in, he came in. They didn't really plan for him. Now the whole week, dan Quinn, They exactly what they said.
Speaker 2: They clean over.
Speaker 5: There watching the tape, like, Michael, we're gonna put you right here, man with a bowler.
Speaker 2: Serious, look at this. Come call him in there? What about one curse?
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 2: Line the bowelt, give me ask you this one question? We go. Did y'all see the crawl from Michael Carson? What was that? It was?
Speaker 5: It was it was too fast. Who was like he wanted to be his own thing. It was too fast. It was like he was worried about doing it and he was like, I'm gonna just go ahead and do it.
Speaker 2: But it was like too fast. It wasn't enough in his mind. It was it was gonna look different than his mind where used to come out with, trying to come out with his own signature.
Speaker 5: Line You I can't see no line crawl.
Speaker 2: That wasn't no line.
Speaker 5: Really like that was crazy that he apologize, come on, go ahead, that you all what.
Speaker 2: I'm a killing with this one with this.
Speaker 3: He has a podcast, right, Michael, Yeah, I was listening to it today.
Speaker 2: So gave his making right now. I'm I'm not sure how to read that.
Speaker 4: His thoughts on Daniel Jones.
Speaker 3: He said that he thinks that Daniel Jones is a good quarterback, said top fifteen quarterback.
Speaker 4: He says some guys developed.
Speaker 2: Later on said sandook over there here.
Speaker 5: He got me like that, I don't want to pro.
Speaker 2: What you doing? Man, I want no problem. Why are you doing that like that? You don't want no what you doing? Don't got to least about it.
Speaker 5: Shut out the man. But he go he got let me tell you something. If we were talking about that move right now, I'm telling you remember around right round and uh.
Speaker 2: You know they they know they killing in the locker room right now.
Speaker 5: What was this give the pointers say, man, just like this did come back to the last It was so fast. He was like, man, he's just he's just just he's just too fast, too strong, too fast.
Speaker 2: I'm weird about it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna see what you do again this week man, because he at home this he got to slow down.
Speaker 2: No d work got a call.
Speaker 5: Hey man, you gotta make sure that it's exaggerated so you can get a crowd enough time to cheer, even cheered.
Speaker 2: Who has some good celebrations?
Speaker 5: Ray Raise got the most classic celebration was good? H What was Sean Merriman? Yeah, shock out Jay rat had a good one. Didn't he have like the the tummy rub or something like that.
Speaker 2: Somebody was crawling, not like that they was crawling. They was like as a mutant, a mutant crawl work had ye. Yeah, to put him in there. I think that was it.
Speaker 5: Though, you figure out. You gotta figure it makes so many plays. He's got enough time, and that ain't right.
Speaker 2: It ain't it.
Speaker 3: We have Mike McCarthy coming your way at three thirty. It's after practice for the Cowboys here on the Windy injured his locker room open a full forty five.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Barry church.
Speaker 3: Us, thank you, pray everybody's part of this show. Strug put down man you by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football Club