Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, it is Friday.
Speaker 2: You know what that means. It's time for another edition of the Stardom Cinnam Show. Glad you can be with us. I am Marcus Grant, joined by Michael Florya, who writes the start SID column. You can find it every week at NFL dot com slash start Sit. Also joined by Lawan Jones, who does not write these Start SID column but he enjoys eating food and that makes him worthy of being on this show. I don't even know what to do with that anymore. Anyway, Florio happened? I mean, how are we feeling twelve weeks into the start SID column. We still have the juice, We still have the energy, especially in a week with the six teams on a buy.
Speaker 3: This is the time of year where, whether you do or not, you gotta find it because these games are so important for fantasy players, and especially when we get in the fantasy playoffs. Like I take it. I added responsibility there being like if I swing and miss this week, it's gonna cause people their seasons, Whereas like if I swing and missing Week three, who cares as much? You'll you'll have time to bounce back. But yeah, so sorry, to get to the point where like I'm really questioning, like do I actually have it in me to say sit this big name player. Which is why, especially in a week like this, six teams on by little bit less big names in the sitcolumn.
Speaker 2: It does get a little bit harder to take big swings in these columns this time of the year because all these decisions are so much more important cause.
Speaker 4: Your DNSI yeah, right, good idea, do it now.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be rough on you know, on Blue Sky where dms are open, you can't you know.
Speaker 3: Let yeah, I don't think I've yet to receive a single DM on Blue Sky.
Speaker 2: The thing that's good there, I got two. Oh that's all you gotta know. Any let's start with the quarterbacks who are starts and sits this week.
Speaker 3: I Am not going to be the only person to tell you to start Justin Herbert this week, but he's been playing great and has the best matchup a quarterback could have or one of so I would get him in your lineup. Look, I know Jayden almost called him Daydon Daniels Jaden Daniels hasn't been the same as of late, but I do think that mini By was big for him to kind of help his ribs. Plus, Cowboys struggle against the pass and they really struggle against running quarterbacks, so he's in play. Bo Nix was on waiver wires in some leagues. He is a must start fantasy quarterback. I do not understand why people keep overlooking him, but get him in your lineup. And I really like John Stafford this week. I know the Eagles secondary has been tough, but you got his pass catchers there, it could be a high scoring game. And then I got some streamers in Tua, Drake May and my boy Tommy Cutlets. If you're going a little bit deeper, I have Gino Smith as a sit. In the last month, the Cardinals have allowed one passing touchdown. Their secondary is being vastly underrated. Right now, Sam Darnold I have as a sit because the Bears have allowed the fewest passing touchdowns or tied for the fewest touchdowns allowed and the fewest fantasy points allowed to quarterbacks. Anthony Richardson to me is one that like I'm playing him over Donald and Caleb Williams in a league, but it's very option dependent. I don't love it because the lines allow a lot of passing yards mostly because teams are in catchup mode, but they are tied with the Bears for few was passing touchdowns allowed really tough on the run. And then I have Caleb as they sit last week was a step in the right direction, but still sitting around ten fantasy points more often than not. U two, we see a higher fantasy ceiling. There's no way I want to play Caleb Williams, so potentially a game where my season could be on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, I think these are all certainly great options. I'm gonna ask you, though, quite about Anthony Richardson because last week we saw him sort of come back to life a little bit. Do you believe and if you look, if he performs well against Detroit, are we all in back all in on Anthony Richardson?
Speaker 4: I think we have to because honestly, what we saw last week was like a really good, good game, Like he hit his fantasy ceiling that we thought he can hit, you know, all summer long. So I'll be buying in if he's going to be running the ball more utilizing his weapons, and he actually has a great matchup in the slot with Josh Downs against his Detroit Lions defense where they're lownes and production there as well. If he's downs is going to be his number one target and he hit him downfield, I think we could see some really big plays from this Colt offense.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're hopefully, we're hoping that things turn out well for Anthony Richardson. We loved him, it was a struggle. Hopefully he's starting to bounce back a little bit. Let's go to the running backs. Who's up and who's down this week?
Speaker 3: I think both Pacheco and Kareem Hunt are in play because of the matchup against the Panthers, who are the best matchup for a running back, and the Chiefs should probably be able to run all over them. I have both Tampa Bay Bucks in this one. Rashad White's been playing really well as of late, so is Bucky Irving. And it is a good favorable matchup against the New York Giants. And look, if there's a one two punch outside of Detroit that has been great for fantasy, it is the Commanders. With Brian Robinson Junior and Austin Eckler both eating their their workload is distributed in a way we could figure out and it is a great matchup against the Cowboys. Tyrone Tracy Junior is a strong start for me as well against the Bucks, and then Rico Dawdle because the Commanders have allowed the most rushing yards and highest rate of explosive runs two running backs this season. My sits Troupa Hubbard Is and Jonathan Brooks. Obviously if I'm saying sit Hubbard, but it's partially because Brooks is back, but it's way more because the Kansas City Chiefs are the toughest matchup for a running back. They've allowed by far the fewest rushing yards and fantasy points. I'm trying to wash even in a good matchup this week against the Raiders, I'm trying to wash my hands of this Denver backfield. If you have to start one, it is Javonte Williams, but I do not love it. And then Raiders running backs Alexander Madison Zamir White both up in the air that would leave Abdullah in play potentially, But don't love the matchup as much against the Broncos, and more than that, I really don't love their offense, so to me, Raiders running backs are left for the desperate this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man. I mean, look, earlier this week, Adam Rank was musing about whether or not he might start a mirror Abdullah this week. Like that tells you everything you need to know about the Raiders running back situation.
Speaker 4: What year is it? Right?
Speaker 2: What you know? Obviously we've been out on Samir White for a long time now, and like nobody is really brave enough to actually put forth Alexander. Like there's been many times this year where I'm like, man, the Raiders have a really good matchup, but I'm like, I can't rightfully try to talk at Alexander. Notice it, I just can't, right And now we got a mirror Abdula in the mix, Like just do not want That's all I gotta say about that. But I do want to ask you about the Chiefs backs. I think we talked about this earlier in the week, but you know, Pacheco's coming back, Kareem Hunt's been very good. What do you expect from this backfield going forward?
Speaker 4: I expect, you know, Kareem Hunt going back to his one two punch that he's had in previous years with the Browns, where he's been utilized more in the passing game and in the goal line area, and think Isaiah to Pacheco will take more of the early down, you know, the first and second down, runs in between the tackles and get his much arge as he can get. But it's going to become, you know, where all the attention will be on the red zone, the goal line. The routes ran like this is what's going to be more important because both of these guys can execute these at a high level, and I think, you know, with the matchup being in their favor, I wouldn't be surprised both of them put up both, you know, double digit points this week.
Speaker 2: That's wild because so far they haven't really used stream Hunt a ton in the passing game, which I think is sort of strange because that's what he did so well the first time around in Kansas City and in Cleveland. It was a couple of weeks ago against the Broncos that we finally saw him kind of get involved in that respect. So maybe he does get back to that a little bit in the weeks. It's when were the wide receivers foroyo? Who's your starts and sins?
Speaker 3: Malik neighbors mostly to tell people it's okay with Tommy Cutletz. I know a lot of people were asking about that he didn't throw deep a ton last year, but when he did he was more effective than Daniel Jones has been this season. Juwan Jennings has reached must start status. I would say again, even in a tough match the Packers, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Sam?
Speaker 3: He leads to the forty nine ers in every category every week, puts up a whole bunch of yards. I feel the same way about JSN. I know this is a tough Cardinals secondary that's been playing really well. I don't care. When he's playing as well as he's been playing, I don't see how you can get away. I think both Lad McConkie and Quinton Johnston are starts this week. I prefer Lad of the two, but look, the Ravens struggled in every aspect against receivers, even on deep ball, so that's good for Quinton Johnston. And then I have Dj Moore as they start this week, good matchup against the Vikings, and I think Roma Doonsay is a sleeper because he had ten targets last week and in my sis, Jalen Waddle look eventually he might snap out of this but until he does single digit fantasy points every week since Week two on, I don't know how you start him. Jacoby Myers has been playing better. I think he's underrated, but he's been playing more out wide without Devonte Adams. That's Patrick Sirtan territory, and I don't like starting wide receivers against Patrick cir Tan. Michael Junior single digit fantasy points in every game with Anthony Richardson this year just unusable right now. And then speaking of unusable, Deontay Johnson isn't usable right now by the Ravens, so there's no way he is usable by fantasy managers.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah. I want to ask you about this, Lakwan, because there are three names on the sit side that have been just major disappointments. Who has been maybe the biggest bust between Wattle Pittman and Deontay Johnson this year.
Speaker 4: I mean, the obvious answer has to be wattle Man, but there's a lot going on with two where he was out for some time and they can't get back on the same page. But I would say Michael Bittman Man. He's become basically like the third option of that offense, and it's kind of disappointing where you know, the talent, we've seen it displayed at a high level before, where he's shown flashes that he could be the cult to wide receiver one. But it's like, I don't know what's going on with this new regime. I don't know what's going on with the new quarterback that he's probably trying to get chemistry with but cannot. But I think you know more so, Anthony Richson's attention is on Josh downs or a slot or a security blanket where he can make plays out there to catch and Alex Pearce downfield to make the big plays, where Michael Pittman he's just a guy running cardio out there.
Speaker 2: It's weird because like Richardson and Will Levis in some ways are similar in that it's either gonna be short, it's gonna be like a checkdown, or it's gonna be a yolo ball, and like, yeah, the intermediate part of the field is lava and so like that that stinks for a guy like Michael Pittman because that's where he sort of lives and he struggles to get targets consistently, and when he does, they're not always quality targets, so that I think has been a big frustration for a lot of fantasy managers. Finally, Florio, who are your tight ends that you like and don't like this week?
Speaker 3: Kateawton remains a must start, even though when you look at your fantasy app it's gonna be like an all read that the Giants are a tough matchup. It doesn't matter you play him. TJ. Hockinson, I think is very much so in play. The upside is just too high to get away from. With six teams on buy. Spoke a lot yesterday about Hunter Henry and Will Disley. They are both to me, I think a little bit higher than streaming options this week. Definitely he starts and Lakwan's boy hoping he stays hot. John Newsmith, we want to see Lakwan in blonde and John Newsmith having a big week this week against the Patriots will help that out. And then if you're diving deeper to Tavian Sanders, Deo Johnson some streamers I like, I've tuck a Kraft as a sit this week. He had one target and no fantasy points last week, averaging less than four targets per game in his last five games, so very boomer Bus, big play, reliant, touchdown reliant Pat Fryarmouth. Just not getting any volume at all with Russell Wilson under twenty yards in three straight games with him. If you're playing him, you're hoping for a touchdown. Me and Lakwan disagree on this one a little bit. He spoke up Cole Comet on the show yesterday. I just I just haven't seen it enough out of him for me to want to trust him in fantasy. I feel the same way about Dalton Schultz against the Titans. And then I had Jake Ferguson written up, but he got concussed on Monday night. So I had a pivot, and so I picked Kolbe Parkinson, Like, don't go chasing points from last week. That's just never a good idea. Unless it's Taysom Hill, then maybe it's worth it.
Speaker 2: No, it's not even worth it then, because everybody's gonna chase the tast some hill. People gonna chase tat some hill points is gonna get you like six this week. You're gonna be sad.
Speaker 4: That's his toxic behavior. That's what he does to fantasy managers. That's why I don't like him.
Speaker 2: That's a one hundred percent as one hundred percent the Taysom Hill toxic trait without a doubt. So but I really know this. It's funny because the streamers you have Orgitavian Sanders and Theo Johnson are guys that I have written up this week as potential sleepers. You know, I don't know. I think for me it is sort of reaching a little bit in a week where it was tough to find any sleepers. Those are guys that I really that I really put in there just sort of hoping things kind of work out. Look, and he must start the rest of the year. Even with Mike Evans coming back, He's still a must start, right Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, he's out there. He's an athletic tight end that's finding a new way to get separation and get open, and he's playing to Bacon midfield strengths. And you get Mike Evans back in the fold, he kind of falls to that road with Chris Godwin and his target share. So I think Kate adum Man these last two seasons, he's really shown up to be a valuable target for Baker Mayfield, and I think that continues for the rest of the season to trust him.
Speaker 2: Also, have you start to pick out a shade of blonde that you'd like to die there when John U. Smith becomes a tough.
Speaker 4: This is crezzing. The dude is tight en eight right now, fifteen points away from Kate Oden at that five spot. And I asked my wife about it, and she said, absolutely not. Hopefully Johnny kind of chills out he finishes the top six, so I don't have to go with the bet. But yeah, man, it's looking real scary over here.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna have to work on this missus real deal fantasy and you know, see if if she will allow this to happen. I was gonna text you that I think they're safe, and then I looked at and realized that he's like fifteen points out of the top five spot right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of crazy. I said that I set myself up for that.
Speaker 3: He is less than a point away from being tightened six right now, less than a point or yeah, like you are in real danger right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm happy I made a good call, you know for a deep, deep cut sleeper, or like I'm just like terrified, like I should not ever, I.
Speaker 3: Think the good thing for you is the top five or like it's Bowers Kittle, Kelsey McBride, and it's probably gonna be really hard for him to surpass one of them unless they get hurt. But like that's possible.
Speaker 4: It's very possible, man, Like, come on, if you look at the Dolphin schedule, I mean, look, I think at least two games out of the next four he could put up big points. He got New England Packers, Jets, Texans. These are basically, you know, defenses that seem tough, but they're not focused on the tight end. And that's how Johnno becomes very sneaky.
Speaker 2: Well, and honestly, none of this happens if Jalen Wattle isn't underperforming or Tyreek hilperforming right like he's in the pod, he listens. If those guys were performing the way we thought they would, like you would be nowhere near your day. We'd be like, man, that was a ridiculous thing you said, and we would just move on from it, like, but now it really is a thing good football. So anyway, yeah, let's something to first to keep an eye on as the season goes along. Will Lakwan have to dye his hair blonde because John Newsmith balled out in twenty twenty four. Stay tuned, all right, Assassin, Enough, I'll do it for this edition of the Stardom Cittam Show. Of course, you can always go and check out the full column at NFL dot com slash, start, sit and get more in depth analysis on a lot of the names that we mentioned on today's show. The meantime, we appreciate you hanging out with us as always. Enjoy the weekend everybody. Hopefully Week twelve is prosperous in fantasy for you, and we will talk to you again next week. Wo