Speaker 1: Hey, there are folks in this episode. We have no idea what we're about to say because we have no idea what you are about to ask. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Road. It's been a while. It was one of our favorite things early on, but we haven't done it again.
Speaker 2: Take questions, that's right, and so we had our producers reach out on social media to ask you all what you wanted to know from us. We have zero clue what the questions are, but we're excited to do our best to answer that.
Speaker 1: Were there any rules there that count? I don't think we said heyd put this, don't do that. We kind of left it all in our producer's hands.
Speaker 2: That's correct. We actually gave them no stipulation so they can and well they is. Emma, who is sitting right across from us, has the list of questions and she is she's not going to be on the hot seat. She's the most nervous of the three of us right now, which is so funny.
Speaker 1: We all we prepare, We do a lot of reading, research and getting in questions. I'm so too for this episode. I'm not nervous about what's going to be at we This is one we don't have to prepare for. We know the answers, don't we. Baby.
Speaker 2: We tell this to people all the time that we interview. We're not gonna ask you a trick question. Anything we ask you, you are going to know because it's going to be about you. So the same rules apply right back at us. And I'm totally chill.
Speaker 1: Now now that we set it up that way, she's gonna hit us or something we don't know at the top.
Speaker 2: And we're like, wait, what now, we weren't expecting that. Huh.
Speaker 1: So all right, Emma said you all. If you anybody who listen to our podcast, you know the name Emma. She hangs out with us in here all the time and helps us. She's one of our superstar producers. But she's got the questions today. So Emma, you take it away, kind ma'am. Let's start all right.
Speaker 3: First question, Rosie asks if your life were a movie, what scene would you watch over and over again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a really good question.
Speaker 1: Damn, I got my answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, so I can think of mine.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not a positive. Necessarily, there was a fight we were in Okay, there was a fight we were in. You were and really upset and you stormed out and then you came back. You actually left, You slammed the door, left where we were, Uh yes, calling mister Papa there. But we got into a fight. That was I believe a turning point for our relationship because we learned what we were willing to sacrifice, what we were willing to do, and we learned that we were not willing to let this go and to fight for this relationship. That is a scene. It would be, Oh, it would. It would be played over and over. It was like notebook equivalent type of a scene. Okay, it was that kind of intense.
Speaker 2: That's the one I would play with there, I I can totally get that. And I think for me, the one I would play over and over again was for me, the night that I knew that we were going to be okay and that we were going to make it, because neither one of us were going to be okay if our kids weren't. And it was right after New Year's we had we called it fight night, and it was your idea and I don't even know who was fighting, but we got the package on whatever pay per view and Sabine, Ava, Annalise and some friends all gathered in that room and you cooked and we all watched and everybody it felt safe, It felt it felt joyful for the first time in a long time, and I knew we have just built you know, We've worked really hard, We've taken our time, and now we're going to be able to build on this. And I saw our life together.
Speaker 1: How long ago was it the most recent?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh for me.
Speaker 2: For me, that was in January of twenty twenty four. You know, I think for me when that night happened and I saw how beautiful and natural it felt. It wasn't perfect, but it was a place to start from where I felt like I could see us, you know, with the grandkids, and I could see us in the backyard grilling and all of our girls are there together, and I felt that joy and I could rewatch that night because that was where things for me I felt. I felt this new confidence that we were going to get through all of this stuff that had been so hard for us and for our daughters, that we were gonna we were gonna be able to build something.
Speaker 1: I was trying to remember the fight night that I think with Deontay Wilde. It was like a dual car. It started earlier because it was over Okay, and we had everybody. That was a long, fun, crazy day. The girls and friends were in and it just felt like it was a family event and a family night. So I gave you that one, yes, Emma. Emma.
Speaker 3: Jake asked what skill or talent do you wish you had?
Speaker 2: Oh, I wish that I could sing. I wish I could sing like a Dina Menzel. I wish I could be Broadway caliber vocal like just like I've always loved singing, I loved I love Broadway musicals, but I've never had the talent to ever back up being able to even consider doing that for a living. So that would for sure be what I would want to do.
Speaker 1: It goes different way, It depends on what Okay. At this stage, I will say because like earlier points of my life, when I was younger, I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish it was a ball though, right, I mean I wish I was I had that skill set. The older I get out what I am. I wish I could play the piano. I really wish I could play the piano.
Speaker 2: We could go on the road if I could sing and you could play the piano.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's gonna be a windy road some backstreets there.
Speaker 2: Both can do it like a little bit. But because I've heard you play the piano and you're you're I.
Speaker 1: Play one thing, but I literally play one.
Speaker 2: Thing really sexy when you play piano.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's it is the only thing I played just because I love it. It's from a movie. In one scene, I play a riff of Purple Rain by Prince that's hot from his from the Purple Rain move. You remember he went through all his dad stuff. I have his dad shot himself. He's sitting at the piano and he sits down and he plays this little beautiful riff of Purple Rain. It might be one of the most beautiful short pieces of music I've ever heard. And I learned to play that, and that's the only thing I can play that's sexy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much.
Speaker 1: So get out of here so I can play you a tune. Well, I'll get back to you, Okay, I'm gonna get back to you on that. You made a good you made me think of something. I'll get back to you.
Speaker 3: But yes, next question, all right, Greta asks, are either of you jealous?
Speaker 2: Follow up?
Speaker 3: Who is more jealous?
Speaker 1: Jealous? Like of each other? Or what do you think you mean?
Speaker 2: Or of just other people? Probably just jealousy creeping into our relationship. I will say this, we have not been a part very often for me to get jealous, I think anytime. That is really a true statement.
Speaker 1: No, I think about me going out with the boys.
Speaker 2: So you went out with the boys the other night, and I remember I did ask like who are you with? And then you weren't answering who you were with, and I did feel a flicker of jealousy, like are there girls there? Well, I just didn't know. I was like, you said you were hanging out with the boys. I was like, but are there girls there? And why isn't he telling me who's with them? And if there are girls there, why am I not there? And so I did feel a little flicker of jeb.
Speaker 1: You should never feel that way. No, no, no, no no no no, I am sorry. So you can finish that, but I don't want you to know.
Speaker 2: Well, and so, but we have not really well, first of all, I think we just we trust in our relationship and we trust each other. That's that's it. But I it was a small little flicker. But I we just aren't a part for that to have ever actually been a thing that we've had to deal with.
Speaker 1: So then that means maybe you would be maybe jealous. You just haven't been challenged in that way.
Speaker 2: I will say that I have always considered myself to not be a jealous person, to trust in what I uniquely bring to a relationship, and also trust that you specifically, I think you can't just say that in general has to be the person you're with. I think I can be and not be a jealous person. I could be put in a situation word than I would maybe feel jealous. But if you're with the right person, I don't. I hope that you that you wouldn't feel that way.
Speaker 1: You don't, you don't have any I am so sorry about the other night because you asked to follow up and I'm like, what is she talking about? You said I was being KOI yeah, I'm like, what are you talking about? I'm just with Charles and seb and yeah, and we did go to a party. There were right, well tons of women around, but there weren't they weren't with.
Speaker 2: Us, right right, fair, Have you ever felt jealous?
Speaker 1: You know what? I have a it's probably ego, Like I have too much of an ego to get jealous about somebody else, Like I won't allow myself to do it. That's I think that's ego. That makes sense. It's stupid, like I am above that, and I will I'm too that. It's sounds kind of weird in that way, but I just I just trust and I don't worry. I get jealous that when she said it, one of the first things came to my mind where that sometimes this is not what they probably meant. I get jealous of you. I get jealous of you, you and your some of your life experience putting you in a mindset that you don't have to worry about some of the same shit I worry about. Yeah, And so I'm like, Wow, she doesn't have to She not even doesn't even care that. She just blew right past that cop, Like she doesn't even care that this like those little experiences in life where I am having to be on edge or where I am having to feel like I gotta try a little harder or I have to put a little more effort in. Is all this thing to Worr. Wow, she doesn't have to worry about that. So I say, I'm jealous of you, but I'm jealous of a lot of people in that regard, in that experience that I see differently because I'm next to you all the time. That's the first thing that came to moment that makes sense.
Speaker 3: All right, Next question, who is a person you would switch places with for a day?
Speaker 2: And why?
Speaker 1: All right, man, believe I'm about staff.
Speaker 2: Okay, go for it.
Speaker 1: Damn man, Oh you know what? Fuck it? I used to for a long time with say I would.
Speaker 2: I love that. This is hard for you.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard because of some recent headlines. And Justin Timberlake, really Justin Timberlake is a wildly talented He's still a young guy, but he's a family guy. He's always seemed like he's having fun. He's had this good energy, singing and dance, all these he can act, but he was someone I always just looked from afar. I'm like, wow, he's not a good time. That looks fun. I like that and I would love to have that talent that he has, but he always with someone I looked at. The first thing came to mind, But obviously some of the reason headlines. That's why I hesitated it.
Speaker 2: It can all still be true, right, I mean, yes, I hear you. I would I would say I would love to trade places. I brought this person up a lot, but I've always looked up to her, and so I'd love to live a day in her life, especially at the age she's at, with the experience she's lived. Miss Goldiehan, I us think she is somebody who embraces life, and she doesn't like she dances like nobody's watching. She laughs with this just joyful energy. She's funny, she has a beautiful family, and it's not conventional, and I just I would love to spend a day in her life. I've always been in offer.
Speaker 1: You know, the crazy thing you said, you want a day in her life, But it almost sounds like you want to live your life the way she has lived hers, which I don't think you're necessarily that far off from its Sorry, is that kind of sounds I know you admire, but so much of what she does are the things I think you try to do and are doing a great degree.
Speaker 2: So thank you. And I think you have moves like JT None dance.
Speaker 1: Before Okay, I'm telling myself a little short. Maybe he's got good moves, but I can.
Speaker 2: He can dance.
Speaker 1: I'm I like dancing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sam asks, are there any topics you will never talk about on your podcast?
Speaker 2: Yes, the answer is yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a bunch of stuff. Probably. I mean, I won't don't want to get outlandish, but there's some things that we talk about us and what's going on at home to a certain degree, but I think there are some details and some intimate things. I think you can go too far and discussing for anybody else, that's fine, But as far as other topics, we don't want to. We'll talk to a politician, but we are not going to give our opinion about politics, but we're trying to. I think other than that, and there won't talk about.
Speaker 2: There are certain I think privacy issues for other people who are in our lives. We would never be disrespectful of anyone else's privacy. So yeah, there are just certain people who we are close to or who we were once close to, who we will not discuss for a myriad of reasons. But I just think a lot most of it is respect.
Speaker 3: Absolutely all right. Next question is in lieu of what you are training for. But Francis, ah, what is your goal marathon time?
Speaker 2: Ha ha ha. I mean I've always had a goal to have a sub four and I have yet to achieve it. And it was funny as I was struggling on my run the other day, I thought to myself, it's okay if you don't, and I think that's where I am right now. Yes, I would love to hit a three fifty nine, but if I never do better than four fourteen, I am so okay with that. So I just it's aspirational, but it's not something that I at this stage of my life, am going to push myself past comfort, like extreme discomfort, because running a marathon is not comfortable. But I don't want to push myself to the point where I feel like somehow I failed or I fell short if I don't get a certain time. I think when I was younger, if I had started running marathons earlier, I would have been a lot more competitive with myself, and now I'm more about giving myself a break.
Speaker 1: My goal is if I'm running one with Robes, is to always finish one second after she does, and that really is we run, we do all this training together, we're going to run the marathon together. So I go with whatever pace that is always so Chicago, I want my time to be one second after hers and cross right next to and right behind her, and that's it.
Speaker 2: How about New York?
Speaker 1: How about New York? You know what? Should I say it out loud? Three forty five? How about that nice three forty five marathon?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: So I should probably not say that out loud.
Speaker 2: No runner ever wants to say what their what their goal time is. They just don't. But we all kind of have one in our.
Speaker 1: I certainly a sub for But if I could get closer to three forty five, I would go crazy.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Well you can take that as a form of manifestation, saying it out loud. It is the way you're going to see it. See across the line and see that number.
Speaker 1: Look at him. She's been listening to some of the wisdom of our guests.
Speaker 3: So Meliss asks, what is the story behind Amy's promised necklace?
Speaker 1: Melissa asked that question? Is that right, Melissa? A man? Your business?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 1: When this is us? For? When is that where they say what you won't talk about? At what points do some very intimate things, details nuggets such as that become things we are comfortable talking about in a public space. I don't know, do you think that time is now on that particular thing, given there's.
Speaker 2: History there, Yes, I would leave that to you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we're in this together or haven't you heard? We're in a relationship.
Speaker 2: We're in a relationship, so this is a partnership. I think we've chosen up until now not to go into the details, and so when we want to, we will, and we might one day, but now is not the time.
Speaker 1: So apologies to Melissa there on that question. That is one of those. And again maybe when we talk about like ah I saw it was. But for the time being, there are a few things that are incredibly sacred between me and Robes that I don't think we will let anybody in on. Maybe ever, and right now the necklace might be one of them.
Speaker 3: Next question, Alta asks why did Amy spend a night in prison? Storytime Police.
Speaker 2: I had a feeling this would come off at some point.
Speaker 1: We discussed this after it came up briefly when we were talking to Tiffany Hattish, we discussed that, Oh, I thought you had told that story before, and we wondered if we should later, if we just do you let it go? But here you are and this is your call, Robes, and again we can edit this out later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine. I mean, I'll tell it and I'll decide if we want to er it. How about that. I'll tell it succinctly. I was a few months away from being twenty one.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give commentary throughout, so okay, because I've hear this story about it.
Speaker 2: So there's a couple of things. So I was twenty years old summer right before my junior year in college, and twenty February, so it was it was like six months before my birthday. It was like August, and then I was going to be twenty one in February. And important detail, people, yes, very important. And I had not gotten a car. I was driving the bus to and from work. And so I had gotten a job, and my parents and I negotiated that I was going to finally get my first car and to go back and forth to my job in Athens, Georgia. And my dad insisted that I get a stick shift because he wanted me to learn how to drive a stick no matter where I was in the world. I'd always be able to drive somewhere, and so it was my second night, I think my second night I had the car. I didn't drive my stick shift very well, but I was so excited to drive this car that I told my girlfriends, I'll drive to the Lambdacai party. So it was, I think a Saturday night, and I I had had I believe, two three beers early in the night. Now it's like two o'clock in the morning. I had stopped drinking for several hours, and all of my friends decided that they had found someone that was mister right now. I did not partake in that. I think I believe I was dating someone at the time. So I decided to drive home by myself in my stick shift car at two am. It was about less than a mile, but as you can might imagine, it might have looked like I was intoxicated. I got pulled over it because I was driving a stick shift for the second day of my life and it was jerky and wait a minute, absolutely true, and so I was driving. It was so dumb of me, I'm gonna drive a car.
Speaker 1: You never told me this story. I didn't You're telling me that you got pulled over because you were a shaky stick shift driver.
Speaker 2: Correct time correct. I got pulled over in the parking lot of my apartment could look like correct too, So I had a field sobriety test. They called in a breathalyzer. I blew a zero point zero. But here in lies the rub I told the police officer that I was twenty one, so I did not tell the truth. I told him I didn't have my driver's license on me because the driver's license I had was the one that my well, I won't say who helped me change the seventy three to a seventy to make it look like I That was my version of a fake ID, and I didn't want him. I obviously didn't want him see the fake ID. So he said he would let me go if I could prove that I lived in the apartment complex. So I opened up my wallet to show him my apartment and he saw the ID. He goes, there's your driver's license. I was like, oh, wow, look at that, and so I handed it to him because I had to. And he looked at it and he obviously knew, and he said, I'm gonna take this with me. I said, okay, you do that, Thanks bye, and I went on my way. Two weeks later, I was going to a dental appointment at my parents' house in Gwennett County, Georgia, and I came back and there was a sheriff's deputy in my driveway waiting for me. And bottom line, the cop two weeks later, I think they didn't have enough arrest you know, they had these quotas, these things at the end of the month they have to fill. And they went back and looked at all the police reports and thought, ah, how we can arrest her for tampering a government id and minor in possession because I admitted to the police officer that I had had two beers earlier in the night, so anyway I had to. They actually put me in jail in Gwinnet County and then Athens Clark County to prove that they had a quota issue, decided to extradite me, so I had to stay in prison in Gwinnett County for hours. Then an officer from Athens Clark County came took my shoelaces. I got handcuffed and shackled put into the back of a police car. And then put into another holding cell, and so I spent nine hours behind bars before my mom was able to actually bail me out. I got credit for time served. Upon sentencing, I pleaded nolo. I don't have her. I don't have a conviction, but I do have an arrest record. There's the long story and a very important lesson learned.
Speaker 1: It's a really long story.
Speaker 2: Sorry anyway, Wow, I was extradited, credit for time served and two prison cells. Oh not prison jail cells.
Speaker 1: You know what. There was a lot of issues I took with that story because you took some liberties that you've never taken before. Really, it's fine.
Speaker 2: My parents come back at all?
Speaker 1: Up, Well they aren't. They aren't here, are they?
Speaker 2: But we can call them? You want to do that now, Okay, I don't need a lifeline.
Speaker 3: Ben asks, what does your family think about the podcast? Are they, especially your daughters listening?
Speaker 1: Mine isn't no family. I just not how my family rolls. Robes. You you hear from somebody every single episode we put up, and I don't hear anything unless I ask. So they're just, uh, they're just different. And I guess my folks are used to a little old school. They used to just hidden a button on the remote and turn on the TV and there he is. Now that takes a little more work to maybe pick up the phone and find this and that that.
Speaker 2: But not my you're dud said he was listening to the podcast. He was absolutely into it. They listened, I'm sure to every episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they never tell me they do. We were talking to him and it came up randomly on the phone or something that because I was surprised. I was like, I didn't even know you listened.
Speaker 2: But they are huge supporters and they listen. My parents and my oh my mom is one of nine, my dad's one of six, so I get, as TJ pointed out, a text from an aunt or a cousin or a family member almost after every podcast, and I really appreciate it. And my daughters listen. I don't think they listen to every episode, but they they listen, and they did I think early on all the time, but now it's like, yeah, okay, three a week is a lot to keep up with. So but they they listen if I tell them, hey, you should really really listen to this episode. But yeah, we have support.
Speaker 3: What episodes have you told them to listen.
Speaker 2: To well, oh, like with Ava, if it's something like, you know an artist coming up, Like I told her to listen to Rachel Platten because there's a person who she might want to learn from in terms of how she made it into the music business, how she made it and had to scrap and fight and build her way up into the industry. So I've just told her a couple of times, like, Hey, I think you could get some nuggets from this person. You should listen to this podcast. I love that awesome.
Speaker 3: Michelle asks what has been the biggest challenge.
Speaker 2: About the podcast.
Speaker 1: Workflow for us? We know how to broadcast, you can give us notes, give us an interview subject, give us research. We can do all that stuff. But I guess trying to We're in a position now as executive producers of something to come up with ideas and make sure we put plans in place and make sure we have the structure and the rundown. And it's just more of we don't. It's not just amount of not having the help. This is just a new muscle and a new industry almost we're having to learn. So that for us, and a lot of that we have we have learned a lot, and it feels so much better and different, good to sit here. But that was a learning.
Speaker 2: Curve for us, Yeah, for sure. I mean, when we were in broadcasting, we always worked together, so we knew we could do that well. But we were directed as to what to do and who said what when, and so we were kind of following instructions, and we had took licenses in liberties creatively, but we were under a very specific structure. So this has been a huge learning curve to have kind of anything and everything be a possibility. Who does what, who takes on what role, who writes this, who comes up with ideas. It's just we've had to It's been a little bit of a struggle in some moments, but I think we've We're in a really good place now, in a really good flow right now, so we're feeling good about it. But yeah, the first few months were tough.
Speaker 3: You set me up for my next question from Devin. How has your relationship with how the public perceives you changed from your first podcast episode to recording now?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, it's easy to say this. I've always tried to live by it. I know you have too. If you believe the good things people say about you, then you have to believe the bad. You can't just pick and choose. I mean, it's like you can't get swept up. I guess in whatever people are saying about you, you have to know who you are and where you're coming from and what your intent is. However, I will say, as a human being the other day, we try not to read the comments. But I think you were there when Avan and Anna were kind of yelling like, hey, mom, have you seen the comments lately? They're really good, Like people are really supporting you guys. And so, in a weird way, for me, knowing that my daughters see the support for us makes me feel good that they feel. It's a hard thing for a for anyone who loves someone, but especially maybe a child to a parent, to see someone who they thought was up on a pedestal, who people like to suddenly be considered the opposite, like a pariah or whatever. So I actually I felt good knowing that they were seeing positive comments and support, and that made me feel good as a human being. I mean, I wish I could say I didn't I wasn't affected by any of that, but for sure I do feel a more positive warm feeling when I think about hopefully what most people, or hopefully at least some people think of us.
Speaker 1: So do you think it made a difference as well? When we start getting out more and actually interacting with more people and you're just not sitting behind a damn door with your phone, and oftentimes the folks who are throwing a lobbing things at you, you know, and social media and things, aren't the folks who are trying to send a positive message. So I think once we started getting out and interacting and seeing not friends, we saw friends, but just members of the general public. And how yes, it's not everybody hates you, not everybody thinks the worst of you. And also I think once the story right once since our first podcast is slowly but surely people are getting more of an idea of what actually happened with us, which is not what they were told when everything went down. I think once people understand and the story a little more, it's making a huge difference as well. So the yeah, it's shifted a lot since the very beginning.
Speaker 3: Abby asks what is your biggest ick about each other?
Speaker 2: Mine is really simple, I've told you this, and I'm not just saying like I just like watching you. That sounds creepy, but I like almost everything about you, even the things that just make you uniquely you. The one thing you do that drives me crazy is you pop your right elbow. It and you do it multiple times a day. But I can live with that. It's okay, But I can't really think of anything else. Oh oh oh, you just like to sleep diagonally across the bed. That's tough. That's it. I'm done.
Speaker 1: That's all you get. Yeah, I think there's probably more. That's all you get.
Speaker 2: That's all I can think of right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So to answer this, I am going to defend myself against your too wild accusations. The elbow, it's an I don't think it was an injury, but it was a habit. Like anybody else's. Something gets tight and you pop it like a knuckle. It's my elbow gets tight and I do. But you have told me you didn't like it, and I have tried to not do it as much. I still do it in front of you. I know I do, but I have I am aware of it, and I'm conscious of it. Two sleeping across the bed. I think anybody here who's listened to the podcast knows that TJ likes to sleep with the TV on. The TV's always on, so if the TV is at the foot of the bed that direction, if I'm watching TV, I can put myself in a sleeping position that to watch TV, all I have to do is open my eyes. I don't want to go to sleep, just close the eyes. Don't have to change position at all. I'm not on my back. I'm not not. If you're at that angle, perfect viewing, perfect sleeping, Why that doesn't make sense to you? I will never.
Speaker 2: Understand because it doesn't really give me any room to sleep. That's the problem. Sometimes I put my legs over your body because I'm sleeping the way most people sleep, which is lengthwise.
Speaker 1: You always get more sleep than I do. That's true, you sleep more soundly and longer. Your problem is, no, I get what you're saying. I sleep like that all the time when you're I'm not in a bed with you. When I am in the bed with you, then I know better yes than to do that. But it's funny when you come out of the bathroom.
Speaker 2: So he does it on purpose. I comment, I'm like, really, and he's completely like taking up the whole bed. That's just and then it's like he's dead weight and can't move.
Speaker 1: That's just to be funny, you know, I said this, I'm gonna kind of I kind of want to take a high a high road approach to this, but it's too it's too convenient. Maybe they brought this up not too long ago, this idea of that you're ick about somebody. I hated the idea of trying to find something I didn't like about you, like to intentionally look at you and say, hmm, let me figure. It's just to put myself in that mindset. I got annoyed when I was trying to do it previous and somebody had asked me. So I was like, well, I participate in that exercise, but if I'm being honest, please do please do I an ick, an ick, I don't know what What do I complain about with you? What do I say, babe? Why are you doing that? What do I do?
Speaker 2: This isn't what do I say? Oh, chewing? I bought my gum. I bought my gum. Yeah, And that's annoying. And then the interrupting I am I'm not excusing because it's rude, rude, rude. But I didn't realize how rude it was because I was just so enthusiastic first of all to say something, but also I was afraid that I'd forget it in three seconds if I didn't say it. That's my worst habit, Like my brain does not retain. If I have an idea, but I don't say it right away, it's gone. But it's rude, and I hopefully have gotten better.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I was thinking more of yes, and what you're talking about there, that's a habit you can change, versus I don't know that I'm looking at as there's something about you, an ick about you. I don't know if there's a I don't know. Maybe you know, as soon as we're gonna leave here, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going, wow, yeah, he's gonna he's gonna have a listing.
Speaker 1: I don't have an ick that I have. The chewing that not even the snoring.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah I do, I do.
Speaker 1: Store you're a snorer, yeah, big times.
Speaker 2: Didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, people snore normal function.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a big deal.
Speaker 3: You know. There was a trend on TikTok actually for the friend that interrupts any sort of silence and they just want to chat with their friend. Was to give them a notepad and to write down all of their questions, comments, ideas, and then present the notepad after.
Speaker 1: Smart You think you can do that? Yeah, I know you can't. You know the sounds offensive we talk about you're not a you can't do two things at once. You don't excel at doing that. Like I mean something as simple as we could be in the middle of a conversation while we're getting ready to go run and you can't put your shoes on and talk to me at the same time, and I say, baby, stop talking, put the shoes on so we can go. Yeah, and if you put the shoes on, the conversation stops.
Speaker 2: It's I need to focus.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do, but you will focus on that one thing. But when you do multiples. He gets drink.
Speaker 3: Sophie asks, who are each of your role models, alive or dead?
Speaker 2: I can name one of them for me. Diane Sawyer. I have always marveled at her ability to do her job and to do it with such grace. She has been and was such a beautiful mentor to me. The moment I met her, I could barely even speak in her presence because I had been watching her and studying her the moment I knew I wanted to be a journalist. But she's just a beautiful mind and just a smart woman, a smart woman who I have just always wanted to emulate in my career and definitely has been a role model in my life.
Speaker 1: I will go with Andrew Young, Ambassador Andrew Young from Atlanta, who is the first African American that served as UN Ambassador under Clinton, former mayor of Atlanta. But he was someone I just in my time in living in Atlanta and working down there at CNN, I got to know and got to travel with and got to just sit I know, I know it the hell out of him a lot, but I got access to him at times and I would just sit like a kid, just trying to learn and take in every bit of information he had. And he's one of the most incredible deal makers and I am able to put people together in the way that I've never ever seen before. His life, his legacy, his resume for itself. But he is someone I was just always in awe of an amazed by, going from right marching with Martin Luther King to UN ambassadors, mayor and Congress all these things he's done, just that. Dude's incredible, So he would be my guy.
Speaker 3: Charlotte asks, if living in New York was no longer an option, where.
Speaker 1: Would the two of you live one?
Speaker 2: You know it already Atlanta, right? Is that what you would say?
Speaker 1: I like one, I was looking.
Speaker 2: For a tax free state. I mean, Georgia is a place that we both know and love, and that would probably be the place I would think we would do well in. But I also I could I could live. This sounds so cheesy, but I could live almost anywhere as long as I was with TJ. Like, it really wouldn't matter that much.
Speaker 1: I think maybe I'm with you there. Atlanta would have to be our My folks are Memphis, yours are right outside of Atlanta. It would just makes sense for us. I was thinking trying to think of a fun town, like it wasn't a family situation. Where could we be where we want to be?
Speaker 2: New Orleans, Miami. I haven't loved Nashville. I mean, there's a lot of places I could live, But I've noticed I've just said everything in the South.
Speaker 1: We just said every place I like to visit. I've never thought about making any of those places home, true, right, I love going to those spots. But yeah, Atlanta is just such a home. Memphis is home even internationally for us. I think London we'd probably be in our top three places if we were considering.
Speaker 2: We could live in London and really really excel.
Speaker 3: Wow. Oh Lane asks what are your favorite quotes or phrases you live by?
Speaker 2: Oh, I have a list.
Speaker 1: I don't have a list. Some stuff I could reel off. Don't let perfect get in the way of good money is what people without talent used to keep score Bible Verse. Do not fret because of evil doers, nor be envious of the workers of inequity, where they say'll soon be cut down like the grass and weather as the green herb. I like that one.
Speaker 2: I got few. If you want, keep going, keep going off, keep going. I'm impressed this dude can memory Like your brain is the opposite of mine. You retain everything, and it's remarkable. I'm in awe that you can just spout these off. I again, have just pulled up my Apple notes list so I can read off of mine. But please continue.
Speaker 1: This is the first thing to kind of come to mind. You know, I'm a big Colts guy. So yeah, I'm not even sure what I just reeled off.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Well, if you could, I didn't want to. I did interrupt you, That's what I just did. Uh, my apologies. I have anything that's happening to you is actually happening for you. That's one of my favorites. Comparison is the thief of joy. I love when what you appreciate appreciates It is not about belongings, it's about belonging. Those are some of the things I love and then don't be invested in outcomes. I think that's been a huge part for me. And instead of being defensive, be defenseless. That's a really tough one for me. But I try to remind myself of that, usually after the fact, maybe not when I'm in the middle of it. And you know what I told you about this, Michael Strahan, I wrote, I write down quotes when I see them that helped me live better or just remind me of where I want to place my focus. But Michael Strahan on this set of Good Morning America said this to me one day and I wrote it down, so I have to give it to him. You can't complain about something you're not trying to fix and I love that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, I got ton I was still taking notes on them, but I got quotes forever, So I'll leave it at the one thigh.
Speaker 3: I was just listening to Kevin from the office and he recited the last line from the final season and he said, there's beauty and ordinary things.
Speaker 2: I love that I do too.
Speaker 3: Okay. Last question is from Kristen. She asks who is someone you would love to interview on this podcast and why.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Lopez. Why? Because I think that lady needs a break and a safe somewhere to express ourselfs don't even me wrong. I'm sure there's the other places she could do that and find some sincerity, but there was just so much going on that I almost feel like giving her in particular. But the two of them like just a hug, just a big old hug. So I would love to get those two in here, and not for the sake of you know what. I would like to talk to them and we never have to air the episode. I would like to get in a room with them and just say, Hi, guys, how you doing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, so many people, just if they're in a safe space, actually have so much wisdom based on what they've experienced that they probably will never feel free or safe to share. So yeah, I would love that too. I would love I would love to interview Will Smith. I had just finished reading his book when I think it was maybe a couple months before the Oscars the slab heard around around the world happened, and I would just I would love to see he had so much wisdom in all the life he had lived that he put into his book that I listened to training for my first marathon. I actually listened to the audiobook of it. It's a great book. But given what happened since that and where he is now, I would I would love to talk to him.
Speaker 1: You've read the book and all that. That was the last time I talked to him. Wow was the interview we did in Philadelphia. He was promoting that book, And yeah, I wonder what we just saw Bad Boys for We did not too long ago. So many he's back out there. That movie did well, so who knows what's coming, But just for people who've experienced and gone through something to that level. And I get what you're saying there.
Speaker 2: Alec Baldwin and Hilaria, like we I would love to talk to them too. I think, you know, we're so quick to judge and just people who've had to go through it, who are looking for maybe that second, third, fourth chance that I think hopefully most of us deserve. So I just love really getting to understand not only what people have been through, but what they've learned from it,