Speaker 1: The Brewers the best forty three games going into the break. To me, it's not fools gold and that's why that's my hot take for the second half, because the Brewers win.
Speaker 2: The division three stood just together for Fraser, Friday, Bron Fraser and Crat Is this the famous guy that I heard calling the derby the other day.
Speaker 1: In between all those rockets that were getting launched.
Speaker 2: It was really good broadcast. It was a smooth listens. I watched from start to finish because I didn't go. I went after. I was a little under the weather. I went after right to the hotel room. I was like, I want to hit the whole thing because like last year was your first year, but we were there. Yeah, so I didn't. I wanted to catch it.
Speaker 3: The album.
Speaker 4: It was great, honestly at the end of the day, like hear ingenough from you means lock because you've been doing a lot longer than me, and I'm you know that and you are very critical. My biggest thing is just more Homers. I want to see more Homers and more Homers.
Speaker 3: I think it's great.
Speaker 4: No, but yeah, it was cool. Ravian Eduardo, they're great and they put on a show. I thought it was really really fun time. And I thought, you know one guy I take out of it, O'Neil Cruiz. Bro, he was hitting balls. You were in there, you saw him. You almost caught one, that's how far you are.
Speaker 1: And I was sitting up in the cheap seats, Daddy, that's unbelievable, Like how hard he was hitting the ball. Like when you do that, like, I'll go back to watching Chad Johnson play football. He just looked like he was a different size and playing at a different speed than everybody else. That's what O'Neil Cruz looked like. And I know he didn't win it.
Speaker 2: All that Calvin Calvin Johnson, I say, Chad, Chad was great.
Speaker 3: I got it. Hey, Megatron, Megatron nasty.
Speaker 1: But you see something different than O'Neil Cruz and you're like, holy crap. And then he was like top like six of the seven hardest homers, farthest homers.
Speaker 3: He can win. Yeah. No, he came up to me.
Speaker 4: It was funny because I forgot these things when we were practicing together in the practice squad in COVID year. He's like, frazy, Joe, how you doing. Like we had a good conversation. He goes, you remember what you used to call me? I said, no, no, He said, you called me Bambi? Why you called me Bamby? And we just started laughing. And I'd probably called him that because he looked, you know, he didn't know where he was. He looked like he was just getting and figuring out where to be, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, did you see what Bambi looks like at the end of the movie Beasts? O'Neil looks like a beast straight Now.
Speaker 5: Amby doesn't die at the end, right, I remember I got to take one thing out of his home und Derby.
Speaker 4: I've never met James Wood before. That guy is an absolute monster. He might he might be one of the I put him up with Aaron Judges as one of the biggest baseball human beings I've ever seen. Frank Thomas, Aaron Judge, and now James Wood and O'Neil Cruise.
Speaker 2: O'Neil cruises up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, called oil Cruise an avatar. He's like, he is literally an avatar.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, James Wood could play basketball, baseball.
Speaker 2: Football right now.
Speaker 3: And well spoken, quiet, chill, yeah, twenty.
Speaker 2: Few, twenty few, exactly.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: My thing was with the broadcast there's that balance of commentary call and then not making it about the broadcast. But I want to let the Homers live. So the mix was all there for me.
Speaker 3: You know, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It was great, It was fun. Ravian and Pez were great too. All right, let's charge, so let's get into biz. First off, we have itdy bitty deal. John Hayman reporting, Spencer Turnbull, my favorite pitcher, has been released by the Blue Jays, or he was released by the Blue Jays after three appearances that did not go to smooth. Actually two of them were okay technically, then he got smashed in the one. I think he had four and change innings in one run. And then the third appearance with Toronto was a boo boo. So he's moving on to the Chicago Cubs gets picked up. Cubs looking for some rotation help. I think they're gonna do a little bit more than this Kratz.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean they're not just gonna stop with Spencer Turnabul, but it gives you, like the Swiss army knife he pitched out the PA last year a little bit. Does he regain the form that he had in his first down of seven to ten starts with the Phillies. Maybe like this guy started the season a little bit late. He is a veteran. I mean, yeah, I consider him a veteran, and to me, he it's a good pickup. Obviously, it's not it the Cubs need to be. To me, I think the Cubs are up there in that echelon of Phillies, Yankees, Dodgers in needing to make a move, Tigers because this is a team that can win, but also because the Brewers are coming in hot.
Speaker 2: They are there. What a game away?
Speaker 1: One game that's crazy and they've been one game out for four days that they have to just keep five days whatever the break was here, that they just have to keep looking at it like okay, one game out and that like it it's the real deal. You're you're gonna watch the scoreboards the rest of the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Cubs feel it more too, because they did a lot and they had a commanding lead. Brewers win seven in a row entering the break. They lose stars every year and then every year everyone's like, oh, this is the year they'll take a little step back. There'll be more five hundred ish, and then they're like, no, actually, we're competing for the division.
Speaker 1: And the Brewers.
Speaker 3: I met the miss to the Cubs.
Speaker 1: True, you met the miss in the home run derby.
Speaker 4: He wanted to see what his hand and his hand went like to hear on me, monster's skinny though, right, he's very skinny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very skinny. He's great.
Speaker 4: I was getting selfies. Well, like I said, I get a selfie with you said, sure, as long as I get one. I said, oh damn, I said, you know what that means a lot?
Speaker 1: He thought you were that Cozart.
Speaker 4: No, he thought he thought he thought I was Brad Pitt. No, I'm not proud, but I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. Did he go?
Speaker 2: I loved you and Moneyball?
Speaker 1: That was great, James Wood, That's why I picked James Would.
Speaker 3: Why are these guys so large?
Speaker 2: That's how they have natural strength to hit homers.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: It definitely helps, right if you're large.
Speaker 1: Cal Cal is large, not tall, but large. Cal texted me yesterday I had texted Cal Raleigh big dumper. And when he texted me, I read the text on my truck. You know I'm driving, so it lets it hit it. And my son's like, that's a flex that you got there, He said, but why is his Why is his name not big Dumper? So we switched it. We switched it in my in my contacts, first name Big Dumper and then last name you know on your phone, cal Raley, And so that every time. So then when he texted back again, it said text from Big Dumper and it made us laugh. It didn't say.
Speaker 2: It read it and said big Dumper out loud.
Speaker 1: I have a video of it.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I would like to hear that. Maybe you can send that to someone for slap pans.
Speaker 1: It made me laugh.
Speaker 2: Should maybe text that to someone that producer?
Speaker 3: What would you do on Fridays?
Speaker 4: What would you do for Scottie Braun his nickname Scott, No calling Scotto Scott.
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 2: Anything for me?
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 1: We don't have a mister claim Scooty Brun Scooter Brown Scooter Broon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would try and get a seria to say that. All right, let's gauge the trademarket. A good article in the Athletic about what's actually available, and it was perfect timing because yesterday we were trying to figure out what positional availability was out there. Props to Chad Jennings and Tim Britton for putting this together. And let's just do a little glance. Remember yesterday, Crats, we were talking about what center field looked like, So let's run from catcher and then move our way out. Okay, according to them, the only I don't even think there is a sure thing for a first division catcher that's available because the two names they threw out there both are not necessarily available. They threw Sean Murphy's name out there, not necessarily available. They threw Jose Travigno's name out there, not necessarily available, and then there's a pretty big drop off after that. We did talk about a team like the Padres needing catching, but let's go to more interesting positions. There is a large amount, potentially even gluttonous, of corner infielders that could be available. Gino Suarez, Josh Naylor, Ryan McMahon, Ryan O'Hearn, Nathaniel Lowe, Carlos Santana, Josh Bell, and maybe even a little Ramonaius at third base, maybe even a Yon Moncatal that I think the Angels are gonna hang in there. That's your corner infields group, solid guys that can help playoff teams.
Speaker 3: Without a doubt.
Speaker 4: I think Gene Suarez is the one that pops and May saw him the other day. Absolute stud. He's been hitting for a long time now. He's one of top leaders in home runs. Hopefully his hands okay from the All Star Game. The guy can hit. The guy can absolutely mash. You know that he could play Deef too. He's a solid guy, solid defender, and you know, if I'm looking for a third basem in Yankees, there's my guy.
Speaker 1: Everybody's gonna talk about Geno and obviously he's gonna go. I think O'Hearn's gonna go to me. I was reminded of what I saw in twenty eighteen when he was just breaking onto the scene with the Rockies Ryan McMahon when he takes BP, and I get it. The Rockies aren't like Superstar Laden. They have some dudes that can hit homers and BP and you watch it and you're like, holy crap, they go one of the I took the whole my son's whole team out onto the field to watch VP at the Socks game when we're in Fenway, and they were.
Speaker 3: Like, who's that.
Speaker 1: He was hitting the ball significantly farther and harder, and he has this beautiful left handed swing, and I go, well, he's hitting like two twelve right now. But I honestly thought at the time he was gonna surpass like Charlie Blackman and all those guys. To me, Ryan McMahon is the He's one on the list of change the scenery guys to an organization that wants to win. And if this dude has a competitive bone in his body, which I think he does, I think the Rockies would do him a If you want to do right by the player, give him a shot. Yep, give him a shot. And I want to see him in the middle of a lineup. He doesn't need to hit third or fourth in a really good lineup. If they don't, if somebody doesn't get Gino Suarez, go to him and you get great defense, probably better defense than Gino, and you get a sweet left handed swing.
Speaker 2: True, And they didn't even mention key Brian Hayes. We'll talk about him later, but I do think he's available as well. We're not going to spend much time on middle infields because according to the article, there's not a lot to look at. They mentioned Willie Castro. If the twins sell. They mentioned Nazzi Albi'es. I have a tough time seeing the Braves parting with him. The Arias Brothers Ramon Luis, they said, might be the most legit options. You could make a case again for the Angels with Luis Ran, but he's having a bad year. And again I don't think they're necessarily going to sell. Let's finish with the outfield, so centerfield we covered yesterday as Luis, Robert and Cedric Mullins. I mentioned Tyrson Vader that's in the list as well. They threw two other names out there, Alec Thomas from the Diamondbacks outfield, again not necessarily going to be dealt. Jaron Duran very much not necessarily going to be dealt either. So I think there's really maybe two guys that you can guarantee in Mullins and Robert that will be available, like we mentioned, and then maybe Baiter if the twins sell, and we'll finish with corner outfields, and then get your final thoughts here they mentioned will your bray. You just pondering if the Red Sox would part with one outfielder, especially if it does help them get something that can help them in the near term. They mentioned Taylor Ward again. If the Angels do sell or not Ramon Lariano, that's a lock. Austin Hayes likely gets dealt Randall gritchick Heyzus Sanchez from the Marlins.
Speaker 3: And everybody's favorite there.
Speaker 2: Tommy fam Everybody's favorite.
Speaker 1: Always Tommy trade deadline, Tommy deadline, Tommy deadlines, fam My thing we always we never think about the baseball trades. The Mets won a centerfielder. Let's say they get a guy like Cedric Mullins who can play every day. You're gonna play them against lefties, You're gonna play them against righty's. I don't think they would see him as a split guy. They have Tyrone Taylor. Can Tyrone Taylor fit in a team that doesn't necessarily need an offense but would be able to fit on defense. So not obviously he's not going to go to the Orioles, but more of like a team picking somebody up to shift somebody else, like the Phillies picking up a big left handed bat and shipping marsh somewhere, more like big league trades instead of that like prospect for for superstar kind of thing.
Speaker 4: And I want to piggyback on too as well. I think you know, Cedric, I don't. I think he said it before and came out and said he loves it there in Baltimore and he would love to stay there. I think he needs a change of scenery. I honestly do. I think it's time. You know, it's one of those guys where I would love to see him be an Oriel for life. But a change of scenery get him kickstart to get in that second that second win kind of deal, you know, if you know, for lack of better words, get on a different team and all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden, just take off and be who you are. Bro.
Speaker 4: People know you and Baltimore they love you, but you know, it's like that girlfriend you're just clinging on to for too long. Man, Let it go, have some fun somewhere else and go on a playoff team.
Speaker 2: Yep, there you go. A couple of comments on the finished line here Arman and said Rockey's ownership loves McMahon. Doubt they trade him, Yeah, but I think they're finally starting to change their tone.
Speaker 1: If you love something, let it go, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Let them thrive elsewhere. And Brandon Dillman said Loriano is a super cheap team option for twenty six. Highly doubt he gets traded yet you might be right, But bringing that there's not a ton on the market, the Euros are going to look to capitalize for next year. And I know you're saying, hey, he's on the board for them for next year, but you could have said the same thing about Brian Baker. The Braves acquired Dane Dunning from the Rangers in exchange for Jose Ruiz and cash. This happened last night to make room. Jesse Chavez was designated for assignment for the billions time.
Speaker 1: And then he's gonna sign with the Braves or True or True, the Rays or the Braves. No, he just always signs with the Braves, and he always comes in and he always pitches big innings for him, easy money.
Speaker 2: Braves need arms. That's why they're getting donning for depth. You can say, hey, why are they acquiring anything right now? If they should be sellers, Well, you got to get through the season. They're down four to their five starter.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, I'm sorry, syoah, I can't with Justie Chovs is still around.
Speaker 3: Bro, he got designated. God bless him. Bro. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like he's fifty years old. I got, but he's probably forty three.
Speaker 2: Forty forty one, turned forty two next month. I was under yeah, one month away, forty two years old, forty two.
Speaker 1: We've never had him on the show, have we got?
Speaker 3: I got to hit him up.
Speaker 2: Easy only does interviews.
Speaker 1: I only have one story for Jesse Chavis, and it's back into pirates days before he was a pro. Now he's been pro for like.
Speaker 5: When he gets on, Oh yeah, for sure, I'll try and get them, okay, and then actually I can mention this right now. It's the PA and MLB are extending Luis Ortiz's non disciplinary paid leave through games on August thirty first. They are continuing with their investigation to see if he was betting on baseball or helping some betters on baseball with two rogue pitches. If you want more on that story, we did a lot on it. You can look it up.
Speaker 2: Go to our Foul Territory YouTube channel and search Luis Ortiz. There were some good breakdowns from us on what was going on. My guess is that he's saying no, they're saying we don't know, and they need more time to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say it's not a lot of evidence, but they have to do it. They have to do it like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard. It's a tough spot because if you're the player and you're like, hey, I didn't do it, I should be pitching. The only thing that they can agree on is we're going to pay you, but we don't want you on the field. It gets dicey, but that's how these things go.
Speaker 4: It's difficult. Got to know everything, so it's tough to even speak about, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I wish I could see the video, like did he shake to a slider and then I throw it and I saw the pitches yeaheah, But I want to know if he shook to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 3: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. Cheers to Kyle Gibson. Thirteen seasons in the Big leagues for five teams and All Star. In twenty twenty one, he was on the Serving It Up podcast on Thursday, and he announced his retirement. Spent some time with the Orioles at the beginning of the year. They didn't give him much of a chance, and then after that he decided to call.
Speaker 4: It Kyle Gibson. Awesome dude, man. He played with him with the Rangers. What did I do against I think I hit my two hundredth home run against Kyle Gibson.
Speaker 3: I'll never let that down.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you let him know dead.
Speaker 4: Center in Minnesota. Oh, he definitely knows hanging slider. You played with him, Ye, played with him with the Rangers.
Speaker 3: Great dude. Tall, another tall guy, and I loved knew how to pitch.
Speaker 4: Class act energy guy that you know, brought it every time and in his own way, never got too down, never got too high, and you know, just the pros pro dude. I play with him every year if I could, so congratulations to him.
Speaker 3: Just a really good guy. Not a good card player, but other than.
Speaker 1: He was playing cards just to hang out. He was coming back. He's like, hey, you know, I'm a nice guy to like to be back here and hang out with you. Todds, good pitcher. Came up. I remember when we came up in the minor leagues. He obviously got to the big leagues faster when I got to the big leagues. But watching him pitch, it was like you could see from the side. Was he gonna be on or was he gonna be off? Because he's so tall. He had that downhill plane, and when it was going downhill, it was gonna be seven innings groundball city punch outs. And when it was flat you could see it flatten out. You were like race to the batreck. But this guy stayed healthy too. Like when you stay healthy in the big leagues, you can make a lot of money and people can probably think, eh, you know, was that guy any good or not, But if he played for your team, or if he played on your team, he was probably one of the best teammates you had. Exactly just that kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Solid dude, don't have to throw one hundred to be a big leader and do so for a long time. Thirteen seasons, made seventy million bucks in career earnings. He had himself a career and even towards the latter half here, I mean, I know it didn't work out for him in limited time this year, but twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four over seven hundred innings, the.
Speaker 1: Best ability is availability.
Speaker 2: Or maybe he was twenty one to twenty four, whatever, Yeah, he was a top ten innings guy from twenty one through twenty four, he was eating up innings for teams back end of a rotation. Did that with the O's, did that with the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Solid He wasn't a he when he was at the Phillies in twenty two, I think is when I was there on radio and he talked about his like routine and everything. And back in nineteen I think, now, when did he miss some starts? Twenty one so he was already six years, seven years into his career, and he went to a guy because he started feeling shoulder issues and he missed some starts, and he was like, I got to figure out how to stay on the field. It wasn't oh, I got to figure out how to throw harder so I can stay on field. It was how do I stay on the field. And he revamped his routine. He did the whole thing where he puts the ball in his in his elbow and he starts and he was shortening up. He changed his entire arm swing for his arm slot, and it gave him one, two, three straight, four straight years of once he was healthy and back four straight years of being on you know, pitching, pitching consistently, making all of his starts, So he made all his starts from seventeen, so it was back in sixteen. I think that he went to the guy. But seventeen, eighteen, nineteen twenty obviously COVID year twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four made all his starts.
Speaker 3: That's impressive.
Speaker 2: There are a few that do that, all right, one more for that's what he said. Gino Suarez, of course, was getting asked about trade talks, and he gave leave to other teams, but he gave extra love in love answer to Tigers, very candid, because usually when you're with a team, the guys will be like, oh, I'm just on this team, blah blah blah. Noa ice cream. But he actually said, when asked about a potential trade with the Tigers, there's nothing rumored right now. But someone was like, what about the Tigers, because that could be a fit. The Tigers can find a fit for a bat almost anywhere because of the versatility they have in their lineup. He said he would be interested and it would mean a lot to him to go back to where everything started. That's where his career started, and it was short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forget that he was moved quick, and it was like, ah, you know, we saw some potential. No way I played against him that year when he was there, he was coming off the bench, he did not have the juice. He decided to start swinging and only doing damage on pitches middle and the ball started flying out of the ballpark. That would be so cool to me, that would be so cool. And like you said, the Tigers are a team that can. I mean, Zach Mcentry plays third, and to me, he's could be a Gold Glove final listen right field, Like they're not. They're not locked into one guy at one position, and he would be a massive upgrade to that lineup.
Speaker 2: He signed with the Tigers in two thousand and eight as an amateur free agent, and then in twenty fourteen, I think he had been up with the team. Not let's see how long I'm going through this.
Speaker 3: Think about that. But he's trying to sell himself here a little bit. Yankees. He said the same thing, you know what I mean, Yankees? Yankees and the Yankees, you know they're hungry to win. Why don't guys do this more there? They're afraid of repercussions.
Speaker 2: They don't want to sound bad with the team they're on.
Speaker 3: And O, man, why did you say that?
Speaker 1: Or yeah, but everybody on this team, everybody, even AJ said it the other day on the Show's this guy. Every time I see this guy, he's always happy, he's always like, he's like I don't know him always and he's just that, he's that guy. So maybe maybe guys should just be more themselves than like jovial and disrespect.
Speaker 4: What they said, but understand it's coming from a great place and they still want to play for the team they're up, but they got under stand there likeliness of getting traded or you know, just keeping it real. That's all it is. I'd like to go there, that's great. Enjoy it here, but I'd love to go back home. That would be great.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a normal human beings.
Speaker 3: I'll go play in Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well not this year. But traded by the Tigers with Jonathan Crawford, a minor leaguer at the time, to the Reds in twenty fourteen. Four Adam, do you know who he was traded for? It's one of those names you're gonna be like, ah, well you remember twenty fourteen. I don't think you're going to get the name, veteran picture.
Speaker 1: I remember he was put I remember he.
Speaker 2: Was You played with him, probably the picture.
Speaker 3: What's his first name? Alfredo Simon, Simon man afraid of some moll.
Speaker 2: All right, no, no, don't don't throw that out there.
Speaker 1: Who was somebody did?
Speaker 2: There's probably an alfraid of Simon in the world that did something bad, but not that one, Kratz. I am actually in the market for a new car. Yes, wow, a used car up north so I can drive very far to todd father studio and to my house and to your house.
Speaker 1: On a confidence, right, you don't want to be confused.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I'm parency this is big on our show.
Speaker 1: And just fat to The confidence part is what I stick with because it's like, did I I gotta check another site? I gotta check this site or that site. It's all in one place. I know I got the best deal for what I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Take the guesswork out. It's called car Gurus car gurus dot com to be exact. You can buy or sell your next car today at car gurus dot com. Make sure that your big deal is the best deal, and also they'll connect you with trusted dealerships. When you're ready to go ensuring a keyword here transparent and hassle free buying process. They are super popular. Go give them a look. Car gurus dot com, c A r g u r us dot com. There's the twenty twenty six All Star Game logo crats it's in your backyard and for me, that logo nailed it. Just don't try to be too cute. Incorporate what needs to be incorporated. Liberty Bell, thank you.
Speaker 1: Two words super pro pro. Now, Phillies are going to crush it. Phillies are going to crush it.
Speaker 2: I'm curious about the logistics there because the ballpark is here, a lot of other things are there that's common. I mean they had some stuff in Buckhead and Atlanta, which in my opinion was you mean the players they yeah, staying near the park.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what I say. You come to the field for the events, and you celebrate the city around the game and the events, and it just.
Speaker 2: Gets complicated with getting everyone everywhere because there's a lot of events going on and people want to hit as many things as possible. That's why I mean the village there in the battery was where it was at. Right. If you're doing an activation outside of that area. It's tough. You're not going to have many people there. If you're in the battery and I know it's limitted space. People will foot traffic wise get to your spot and you get a lot of FaceTime. For me, I'm like, let the players be right there. They can freaking walk to the park. My guess is the case is, oh, well, we don't want them to be bothered because everyone's there. I mean people will if they want to bother you. It wasn't a secret where the players were staying. The autograph hunters will be anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's only one hotel right there, so right by the stadium.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't they put everyone there.
Speaker 1: I mean there's probably logistics with it being players Union.
Speaker 2: So many of them.
Speaker 1: That's the big one.
Speaker 2: It has to be on their list.
Speaker 1: Has to be on a list, has to has to qualify for you know, five star hotel, twenty four hour room service.
Speaker 2: It was pretty nice if you ask me, but it is what it is. Yep, I can do a minute, one more question here, not a whale or not a while A. Milwaukee always gets labeled smallest market in baseball over the last fifteen plus years, their top ten or tenth best attendance average. How is that so? Well? Market goes by TV market. That's different from attendance. Two different things and different revenue streams, very different revenue streams, so you can have both worlds. They do a banger job of fill in the ballpark and being very team friendly. I know that there's a lot of group sales that they do because you know it won't be canceled because they have the retractable roof. That's a big deal for that area.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you're a company, you're planning a whole thing and it's at a park that's outdoors, you have the risk of it all being canceled. Brewers don't have that problem.
Speaker 1: Nope, no AC in the park either.
Speaker 2: That's okay, tank tops. Guys, who's back? Rowdy's back back again replacing Burger for now. Jake Berger left quad strain il Rowdy Telez from the Mariners to another ballpark that hates hitters.
Speaker 3: He's got it round.
Speaker 1: He's got to get on like the Reds, the Phillies or something.
Speaker 3: Last year.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm just picking the worst hitters parks in baseball. He's doing a tour right now. Obviously, We're gonna make fun of him when we bring him on next time and be like, I mean, what are we missing.
Speaker 1: I mean mix in like Todd's career where you just played at a small park and you like hit some wall scrapers, that kind of.
Speaker 2: Thing in Cincinnati one time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, since he we're set to the Giants.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's good. And he's he's not from San Francisco. There's a whole bunch of debate about that back in the day. But he's a couple hours.
Speaker 3: I think we're up from Sacramento.
Speaker 2: The Sacramento right exactly.
Speaker 1: They got a good first place.
Speaker 2: They also have a hitters paradise.
Speaker 3: That's a hitters paradise. So no, he can't.
Speaker 1: But see when when he sells himself, when Rowdy sells himself to teams, he's like, they're like, we really like your defense over at first. We like how you move around the bag. And he's like, yeah, so hit somedingers. Yeah, well, nobody hits stingers in our park. Come to Texas.
Speaker 2: Kansas City Online one perhaps now they got any but just kidding, we're seeing some serious pitchers parks in Rowdy's like that hurts, Hey, you know who that hurt. For the last month or so, Rafael Devers is getting adjusted to that park out there in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Back is starting to hurt because he's like, I gotta swing harder to get it out of here. You think he just got a bad flight, you know, a bad night's sleep. You have to if you have to put more effort into hitting a ball out of the ballpark, something's gonna start hurting.
Speaker 3: He'll adjust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a superstar, so he'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think he's gonna have a big second half. But that park will beat you up a little bit.
Speaker 1: It will mess with your It will mess with your psyche.
Speaker 2: Nobody has hit thirty homers for the Giants since Barry Bonds. Barry Bonds hasn't played ball in a while.
Speaker 1: And we're not and we're not in an era where thirty home runs is the echelon love like it was before.
Speaker 2: Cal Riley plays in a pitcher's park and has thirty eight home runs in the first half of the season. The Giants can't get a thirty guy for the whole year.
Speaker 1: Need a day game in San France. Day game day games. I feel like it plays.
Speaker 2: Fair nighttime win swirls and just you know, bosetball hits you in the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: No, some dude hits a rocket into the water. Next dude hits a rocket just a little bit to right center. It's like coming back. Watch out outfitters as they go to get the ball, they're like automatically turning and it hits the base of the wall and they're like, what.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back. A couple little notes. First off, for the Metropolitans, Brooks Raley is back from the injured list tonight. He's coming off Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 3: He was good, He was good. Man. That's been a minute, it.
Speaker 2: Has right, seems like a blast from the past name, but it's been a year and change.
Speaker 1: Say probably at fourteen to sixteen month. That's awesome. Glass now coming back to Glass.
Speaker 2: Now's back. Manaia's pitching tonight.
Speaker 1: To Manaia's pitching. He's starting, he's starting, starting right.
Speaker 3: Sure we make that.
Speaker 2: Covey he was back the other day. We know we saw it. We watched baseball. Don't worry. The Yankees are going with an opener tonight, Ian Hamilton and then Will Warren starts Saturday. Marcus Stroman Sunday, do we know why? What's the deal there? They're giving a little extra rest to Freed and rode On.
Speaker 4: I was talking with Jack man Curry, Yeah, Jack Curry. I mean he was just talking about maybe get a they have a fully rested bullpen, maybe give them an extra day with the blister. It's all speculation though he doesn't he's not guaranteed on any of this, So maybe an extra day, try and get him back in rotation.
Speaker 1: Max Freed's blister when they're a blister that last start, okay, but.
Speaker 3: All speculation trying to get some intel here.
Speaker 1: And blisters are just days. It's it's treatment. It's you know they did Yeah, like everyone has.
Speaker 3: Like any anything you can pee on your hands, all that kind of.
Speaker 1: Though, because how many we we watched the All Star Game and not not with Yankees. Rode On pitched, but pitchers missed the missed the All Star Game. And now we don't have a team that's having an opener like a playoff aspiring team, we're having an Ian Hamilton opener. I wonder if yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Just not what you want. I mean, obviously if you ask the team that they would want to roll into the second half with Freed bron like until Toronto either, So it's like they're saving them for the J series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess so maybe I didn't think about that until now.
Speaker 2: But still I don't know. I just every game count. It's interesting, it is interesting. It might not matter, and obviously they have a good bullpen. Could all work out for them, but it's just unconventional.
Speaker 3: Toronto.
Speaker 4: It's a you know, if you win two out of three, I mean, it is only one game, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not Stroman nor Warren and then you could, if you need, have the bullpen game after that.
Speaker 1: Well maybe they don't think they have anybody that can beat Spencer Schreider.
Speaker 2: I guess, yes, Drazzy, tonight all right, second half of the season starts now, already started, already started, So I said, now.
Speaker 3: Say, Suzuki, let me.
Speaker 2: Trace say as like, how was the All Star Game?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was great? I watched it at home, even though I should have been there, Dinger. Anyway, sixteen teams, which represents more than half the league, have at least a twenty percent chance of making the postseason entering the second half of the year. That's cool. This time last year. I'll list some playoff teams that had low odds at this very point. Tigers, Tigers seven point six percent chance entering the second half of the year.
Speaker 1: He actually got lower than that, by it did it.
Speaker 2: Got much lower and I'm just giving you second half, but yes, it got much lower. There's two other teams that were below fifty percent that ended up making the playoffs last year. Can you name them? I think one you'll get and one you won't. Both National League I was Mets. Mets had a forty three point nine percent chance from fan grafts at this point last year, and then they made the playoffs. I made it to the NLCS and the Padres thirty nine and a half percent chance.
Speaker 3: Good job.
Speaker 2: And then one team you're gonna get this one had an eighty two point seven percent chance of making the playoffs at this point in the second half of the year.
Speaker 1: You know this one.
Speaker 3: Talk about the National League two again.
Speaker 2: American League massive collapse last year?
Speaker 3: Oh was it? Oh my god? Oh the Twins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Twinkies crumbled, terrible crumbled.
Speaker 1: Minnesota save it, Scott right, So, so some streakiness heading into the second half of the year.
Speaker 2: The Tigers have actually lost four in a row heading into the break here and now coming out of it. They were swept by the Mariners to finish up their first half, but they still have the best record in base The Jays went on an epic run for a few weeks. Did you want to comment on the Tigers?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I have a team and I want to see if you're going to get to it.
Speaker 3: I'm just after.
Speaker 2: I'm just getting everyone caught up because it's been a minute. You know, I did a little homework. The Jay's lost three or four heading into the break in that included games against the A's and the White Sox. It's not what you want to see, but I think Jays fans will take it since they dominated for a few weeks. The Astros lost five of their last six games entering the break. Those games were at home. The Cardinals dropped eight of twelve. See that's big for me because they're right on the fence, and I do think there are going to be a lot of eyes from the front office on what happens over the next ten days. The Guardians dropped ten in a row, then they won six of seven heading into the breaks. They almost erased a lot of that sludge, and so technically they're still involved. And I did hear Mike Cheranoff, one of their front office execs, say he feels like they're second half team. He was trying to indicate they're not selling yet. If ten days from now they're in a bad spot, I think you know, five games are worse from a playoff spot. They'll sell, but they might not be. Their schedule is not terrible for the next couple of weeks. I'll find it for.
Speaker 3: You, which is tough.
Speaker 1: You'd rather have it be terrible and be like, WHOA, we went seven and three versus good teams.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter just one.
Speaker 2: But it could be a mirage.
Speaker 1: You don't want it to be a mirage. As a Guardian's front office, you're sitting there going crap.
Speaker 3: If we play the.
Speaker 2: If ready for this Guardians schedule second halfter be White Sox. They open up against the A's at home, the Guardians are at home. Then they welcome in the Oriols. That's attugher, tougher, but still they welcome in the Orioles for four. Then they're in Kansas City for three. These aren't juggernaut teams. Let's be real. And then their last three games heading into the trade deadline are home against the Rockies. It's a tough sell. They could easily roll off eight of eleven or whatever the number is that and then say, sorry, we can't sell. We can't sell that to our fan base. We're going to the alcs last year, and then we're gonna playoff range two. Three games out, and we're gonna sell the three games.
Speaker 1: Three games is my number if you're not within, if you're not better than three games out.
Speaker 2: For me, it's four or five.
Speaker 3: Where where? What day are you talking about? Three games?
Speaker 2: July thirty, first deadline?
Speaker 1: Three games?
Speaker 3: Says, wait, three or less?
Speaker 2: Todd Father, Wow, if you're four games out on July thirty first, who says it's okay for you to sell? I think it depends on the team.
Speaker 1: If you're if you're if you're three games if you're three games up I mean three games over five hundred at that point, and you're four out, it's different. Some of these teams are going to be one game under. They're gonna just they're just mired in mediocrity. And don't give me the Tigers. The Tigers doesn't happen last year without the Twins absolutely pooping down their leg.
Speaker 2: No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 1: But the one team you didn't mention, or maybe you still have other teams go ahead, continue.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna three more to go. The Rays have lost eleven of fourteen because they had a nice run and then they were swept by the Red Sox, including three one run losses. Heading into the break, their June twenty eighth playoff odds were eighty one point four percent. They're down to thirty seven point one percent. Lough Hassan Kim just made a season debut, They've got an All star infield, they picked up Brian Baker and Shane McClanahan started to rehab assignment. So they're gonna give it time the next couple weeks to see what happens. And then, lastly, the teams that we had been talking about quite a bit heading into the break, Brewers have won seven in a row. Red Sox have won ten in a row. What did I miss?
Speaker 1: No, just not just the Brewers seven in a row. The Brewers the best team in the last I think forty three games in baseball, meaning what meaning? This isn't just a seven game win streak. It's not to me. I think the Red Sox are more of a mirage than anything. Yes, great, good job, Rais. You meet the Rays, you had ten game winning streak. It's an athletic young team. To me, the Brewers the best forty three games going into the break is not It's not to me. It's not full skuld And that's why that's my hot take for the second half. He's the Brewers win the second half, win the division.
Speaker 2: And I agree. On the Boston side of things, I think a lot of people are pumping the Red Sox right now, and I've been down on them really since the Devors trade because they didn't come out of the gates like I thought they would. And then you get rid of your best hitter, and I know he hasn't played well with the San Francisco Giants, but there are a lot of rookies in that lineup. I just think it's not going to look great in the second half. This is the second half to start the season here, Cubs Phillies both on the road, then they welcome in the Dodgers, and then they are three games against the Twins heading into that trade deadline, and then right off after the trade deadline they meet up with the Astros. I mean, the schedule is tough. After that, it's Casey San Diego Houston. Again, that's a tough schedule for a month after the All Star Break.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I it's this, This is the decisions that's got to be made. And then the problem is is the pitching and a hold up? Is there an injury that's going to happen. So it's very hard and this is why this trade deadline is going to be crazy this year in my opinion of a lot of teams. What are they going to do? What are they going to do? Are they going to all be like, hey, listen, we're we don't think we're in it. We're going to sell.
Speaker 3: There might be a lot more sellers than them buyers.
Speaker 4: There might there might be at the end of the day, and that's going to change the whole scenario of each team and what they're going to do next year in the years after. So depends on how you come out and play in the second half.
Speaker 1: That's where I think the Red Sox may not be like, oh, we're going for it, but there's something available that's cool, like a player. That's like nobody would expect. They may go for like longer term thing, longer term trades than just the one year rental. I don't believe they believe in this team as the year where we're going to win it, or they wouldn't have gotten rid of Devors in my opinion, ye.
Speaker 2: Last one, give me a thumbs up or down, and I've changed my tone on this team this year. We've got a lot of questions even today about the Angels, fans asking if they should get ready for sell mode if they're in this spot, which right now is what three or four games out of a wild.
Speaker 1: Card, That's what I was just looking to see.
Speaker 2: I'm staying they just don't get this opportunity. Often crazier things have happened.
Speaker 1: Wait staying, I'm not selling it's four four.
Speaker 2: Obviously we get to see what happens, but at some point you gotta play some games out see what happens. I'm not saying that they should sacrifice the farm, and the farm's not really a farm because it turns into the major. Okay, if if there are four games out on July thirty first, what are you doing? Because they have plenty of guys that are free agents after this year. That's a tough call.
Speaker 3: That's not for me.
Speaker 2: What do you think you're selling?
Speaker 1: Selling?
Speaker 3: Just the track record probably so telling I need I need to sell.
Speaker 1: But again, for those pieces that are gonna come and play next to Nolan Shanawell, They're gonna come and play next to Netto And when o'happy o'hapy has been struggling recently. When o'happy has the he was almost look like it's gonna be an All Star after the first month and a half of.
Speaker 3: The season, He's like, they have the pieces there.
Speaker 1: They don't need somebody in Double A who they're gonna call up the next week anyway, they need big league pieces.
Speaker 2: My thing is if they even make it to the wild card round, it is a roaring success. They haven't made the playoffs in a decade decade plus twenty fourteen be wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just want to see them get in if they have a shot, and even if they fall a few games short, they're I think it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Their record is their run differential, their expected record.
Speaker 3: Is it's bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's based on run differential. It ain't pretty. Who wants Taylor Award, Just Angels, The Angels, Mont Taylor Ward. No, let's slap three minutes. A couple of things. Let you know about. First off, the Chap ECC giveaway contest continues. It's trivia. There's been about I think one hundred ish entries so far. I'm gonna play tonight. See how I do You did bad? It's probably not easy because I saw it's a look back contest. It's fun though. It's a fun game. They did a nice job putting that together, so check it out. It's free to join. Yeah, foul territory dot Chat. No, Todd's not winning. Even if he did win, he can't win because he's on the team, so he'd hand it out. But anyway, fault Territory dot Chat. Authentic jersey if you want one up to four hundred bucks, we buy it for you a jersey of your choice. And lastly, former Little League phenom Money Davis will be one of more than six hundred players to try out for the women's Professional Baseball League, which is set to launch next year. Very cool and also reminds me of Little League World Series Time Todd Father whatever we a month away?
Speaker 3: We are? It starts on the thirteenth of a ghost.
Speaker 2: Less than a month away.
Speaker 1: So those those teams are playing right now for everybody. Teams just don't just PLoP down in whims.
Speaker 4: There they're they're in their state tournaments starting this weekend. Most most every team. Okay, winnings like you had to win states or.
Speaker 3: Their win states to get to a regional. Regional takes you away.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, wow, it's so sick. It's exciting.
Speaker 2: It is exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kids across the country trying to be the next Todd Frasier.
Speaker 3: Right, be better.
Speaker 1: That's it better.
Speaker 3: There's a lot better than the next.
Speaker 2: Look them up, kids, he was pretty good when he was a kiddo. Sean Burrows Jergson profile, little league legend.
Speaker 1: M nothing like the Todd.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday people, and happy baseball season. We're back second half of the year. Wednesday, Thursday, we did nothing. If I was commission I would have done something. But anyway, enjoy the weekend. The king of the big swing is making the best day of the week even sweeter. Here's how you can knock a bomb of a bonus bet into your account. On Fridays throughout the season, you place your first home run bet of the day minimum ten bucks on a player. If they have the longest home run of the day, you win your share of one hundred thousand dollars in bonus bets. No opt necessary, Just apply your Big Fly Friday qualifying token dropped into your account to use on the first player you take to hit a home run every Friday. So first player got to be a ten dollars or more home run prop and if you do. This is why there is no better place to lay down on a home run prop than bet MGM. Gambling problem more concern, Call one eight hundred gambler