Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod, which Teddy Mellencamp and cam Ridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas and a Pod. But we are so excited because we have Marisol Patten with us. Hold on, do you have a new last name now though?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I'm not changing. But you can't change a name like Patten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know Patten is a good one.
Speaker 3: Well, and Steve has a very good last name because it's McNamara and two of the biggest generals in US history were Patten and McNamara.
Speaker 4: Why don't you hyphen it?
Speaker 2: You can't a long name, Marisol Patten McNamara.
Speaker 4: It takes forty No imagine I bought brands. You really the amount of paperwork?
Speaker 3: When you don't you go to the forget it doctor's office.
Speaker 4: No, get it.
Speaker 5: We'll thank you so much for traveling out here and being on our This is my fair tat con being interviewed.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's second we did.
Speaker 2: It was when we first started.
Speaker 4: Because how many years have.
Speaker 2: We been twatting?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 2: Three or four years? Ye?
Speaker 4: Twatting three or four? Maybe five?
Speaker 2: Honestly, it feels like seventeen years.
Speaker 5: We're like an old Mary you should know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got an old battle axe back at home.
Speaker 4: How is she. She's good, She's good, she's you know, she's doing her things. She looks great.
Speaker 2: We miss her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please, we said, hi, thanks guys.
Speaker 2: We need to know first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how did you end up.
Speaker 2: Deciding to get legally married?
Speaker 3: Well? This is long, and this is a short interview, and I don't want to cry. But bullet points are that I think that so Steve's parents are quite.
Speaker 4: Ill right now, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I lost my parents from you know, old age, dementia, very sad things, and a lot of my friends in the past year passed away suddenly. And I looked at him and I said, we're at that age and I need someone that can take care of me and access my money and make decisions for me health wise.
Speaker 4: Steve is sixty three, You've been older than me.
Speaker 5: Right when you're not legally married, it is very difficult.
Speaker 3: And I just want him to be like my health sarrogate vice versa, because I know that he will do the right thing for me.
Speaker 4: I'll do the right thing for him, and I want him.
Speaker 3: To be able to access my money and vice versa and switch wills just do things properly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, how long have you guys been together?
Speaker 4: Vulnerable about that? Well, because it's truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's a scary place because who's going to bury me?
Speaker 4: Who's going to do this?
Speaker 5: Well, you're not going to leave us anytime soon.
Speaker 4: So but you just never know. You just don't know.
Speaker 3: I've had friends that have dropped dead out of the blue, sel down. I had a good friend through Four of my good friends live here in Los Angeles died in the last six months. Freak accidents, sudden heart attacks.
Speaker 4: You just don't know when your numbers off.
Speaker 2: Life is short.
Speaker 5: But you guys have been together for four years.
Speaker 4: Oh that's it.
Speaker 5: I thought it was like you've been together like for a very long time.
Speaker 3: Four years.
Speaker 4: Four years?
Speaker 5: Okay, well it was time four years.
Speaker 2: That's usually.
Speaker 4: I was with Benny for three years before we got married. Yeah yeah, but that's all.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: It's a good amount of time.
Speaker 2: And you can tell how much you guys love and respect one another. I think that's huge.
Speaker 5: So we get to see it on the show, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So you're you're currently filming right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're filming. We have like five six weeks left, I've join it. Yeah, I always have fun. Try like listen.
Speaker 3: I used to run a big company and be stressed out and hated my job every day. But when I started realizing, if I changed the way I feel about it, and I changed my thought process and say I love this, this.
Speaker 4: Is fun and I make it fun, then it's gonna be fun. So now I love my job.
Speaker 2: Can I actually a random question just about last year's reunion.
Speaker 4: This isn't even.
Speaker 2: About anything, but I could tell when you sat down there was something you always have, like a lightness and an easygoingness to you. But something I felt like when you sat down at that reunion and I was like, Marisol's either upset or pissed or there's something going on.
Speaker 4: Two things happened. I hated my hair. I was something I ha. I actually think we talked about this. Yeah, yeah, I think we did.
Speaker 3: Just like I thought i'd try something new fresh, you know, I got to stick to what works for me.
Speaker 4: An up on and a pony. That's it me too, that's it. That's when I wear my hair down, I don't feel good.
Speaker 5: I wear my hair really straight. I hate it is that it was really straight, right, it.
Speaker 4: Was like a little bit of a wave and Julius did like a.
Speaker 3: Bob, that's right, and it was the hair and the bob was like pulled out of a graveyard. Someone's like they pulled it out of a cask and it was all free fried and disgusting.
Speaker 4: It just it just wasn't Julius's best work for me.
Speaker 3: I love you, Julius, don't get my I mean, you know, he gets mad, like not so good.
Speaker 4: He's so great, And I said, do it. I feel like I'm gonna I feel like I'm gonna win. And I lost.
Speaker 2: But we talk oftentimes about when housewives try to do something out of their usual, then all of a sudden it doesn't like there's a couple of housewives that can pull off any look, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like the Erica Janees or the pile. I can't. Yeah, you can't, Kyle too, you can't.
Speaker 5: I can't pull I have a really big forehead. Certain things is like I don't like.
Speaker 2: It, guys. I have a widow's peak, like that's please.
Speaker 4: Also, people get surgery to get that.
Speaker 2: The lady that does waxes my lip always says, do you want me to get your widow's peak, and I'm like, can you not? And also I didn't ask her, well, I'm like, yours do my eyebrows?
Speaker 4: And you brought up my lips? So yeah, sure get it.
Speaker 3: I thought you're going somewhere when you said your lip, I didn't expect you to stick.
Speaker 4: That's lasered. It is the two thousands and twenty fives.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. So would you say in your filming this season of Miami, has there been a lot of drama? Does it feel?
Speaker 3: It's just it's perfectly dreadful, like usual, And I'm on the peripheral.
Speaker 4: I'm just kind of like Howard Cosell, you know, talking out the place. Just don't eat that.
Speaker 2: So you said there was a little bit of drama this season, it's been.
Speaker 4: I didn't say a little. I said it was just absolutely, you know, dreadful. You have somebody new, Yeah, but I can't talk about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like I can maybe mentioned that I heard it's Anthony's X.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think that she's defined by that because they did date. But it was like twenty years ago, you know what.
Speaker 2: A recent It wasn't like.
Speaker 5: But if it's twenty years ago, and then Nicole exited the show, so it's but.
Speaker 4: Are we going to see her a little bit? I haven't seen her? Really?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: I haven't seen her?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wait, do you like Nicole?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: There no, I mean I'm kind of neutral. I'm okay whatever, she doesn't bug me or anything. I mean, I'm not I don't like like, Oh yeah Nicole.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if you could rather, if you had to pick, who would you rather go to dinner with? Adriana or Nicole?
Speaker 3: Oh that's not even a good one.
Speaker 4: That's just not god too. Would you like to pick from? Can I pick Bielsable? I'll go to dinner with him. Honestly, no either, thank you?
Speaker 5: That says a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, So besides Alexia, who would you say you're closest with on the cast?
Speaker 3: I guess uh, Larsa.
Speaker 4: I love Larsa.
Speaker 3: Larsa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and are we going to see some of I know you can't spill anything, but are we going to see Marcus this year?
Speaker 3: You gotta ask Larsa that that's a Larsa question.
Speaker 2: Did you personally see him this year?
Speaker 4: I have not seen him, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, Larsa, I couldn't imagine that she's going to bring him on the share.
Speaker 2: Now, but when they start we don't know exactly when they started filming, if that was after what happened on the beach in.
Speaker 5: Florida, France, France that he was allegedly allegedly engaging.
Speaker 4: And some stuff. It was pretty obvious. I don't know what you all are talking about.
Speaker 3: It was pre fu by the way that takes that ship on a beach with wind, Like who does that?
Speaker 5: There's urazzi and stuff, and like somebody don't give took a picture of it.
Speaker 3: I think someone internally took it because it was so close at the table, and I mean, who's gonna I mean, it's not like it was his dad, it was Marcus. Who's going to recognize them in Paris? They don't even recognize me in Paris, and I've been around.
Speaker 4: A long time. I'm like that recognize me anywhere?
Speaker 2: Buckers. I'm standing behind my own picture and people are like, who's that?
Speaker 4: Nowadays? I'm so worded.
Speaker 5: Somebody is going to recognize melling at me?
Speaker 2: Is there anybody that gets what is their drink or their thing that they hold their mohitos? Mohitos is there any no Mohito holders. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We haven't. They haven't gotten to like the video cast, Like would.
Speaker 2: You want to be a mohe To holder at this?
Speaker 4: I mean, here's my here's where I'm at right now. I like my paycheck. Yep. I wasn't loving it before, but I like it now. Okay, I'm good.
Speaker 3: But I feel like for a cast photo, the whole cast should be in it, right because we're an ensemble.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I think that's fair. I do too, I agree, especially I don't care what you call me so long?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially you film as much as any housewife.
Speaker 4: I mean I think I do you.
Speaker 5: Even do home scenes where most I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think.
Speaker 2: I agree that it doesn't matter what anybody's called, But I do think there should You should think.
Speaker 4: On your cast.
Speaker 5: You can't tell the difference by who's a full time housewife and who's a friend. Yeah, that's one cast that you cannot tell.
Speaker 4: Give everybody yay lucky us, but hey, lucky us, look at me more air time, less month winning.
Speaker 2: We know Miami is known for its expensive and colorful lifestyle. Which housewife do you think pretends to have more money than they do.
Speaker 3: On my show. I don't feel like anybody really does that.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 2: You think everybody's pretty true to life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: That's how it should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so without spoiling anything. Is there anything that fans will be shocked to see this season?
Speaker 3: Well, I think about it.
Speaker 4: Let me think on with think, want me think? Hmmm? I mean there's some I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that the people that are now fighting are the people you never would have expected to be.
Speaker 4: Oh, everything switched?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I have one other question. This is my guess. What is Kiki Barth's boyfriend a plastic surgeon? Is that what? I guessed him to be?
Speaker 4: A surgeon of any type? I don't think she has a boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Hold On, when Keiki was on, didn't she say she had a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: She she was dating someone a while ago, and she said he lived in here in California and he was a surgeon. But I don't think she's seeing anybody anymore.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I hate to break into.
Speaker 2: Well shit, well shit, well final final thing, we have to ask a little bit about the Alexian todd of it all. How are they doing?
Speaker 4: Every day? Is a new day. Some days are.
Speaker 3: You know, not great, and then other days everything's great and I'm on a roller coaster and I want to work it out there. I think today they're trying to work things out, but I don't know what Jamara holds. The only thing I know is that I want to end up in an insane asylum in a straight jacket, because I'm the therapist.
Speaker 2: But I have a question, as her friend, do you I know you just want her to be happy, of course, but when you think it's good for.
Speaker 5: Her to pursue this relationship.
Speaker 4: Listen, guys.
Speaker 3: I would answer that question if I wasn't worried about ending up at the bottom of the Miami River and cement shoes. So I'm not going to say anything. You like, I love my life and I want to keep living it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you when you are the therapist, do you actually give advice or do you just listen? No?
Speaker 4: I listen.
Speaker 3: And I also have been in a very similar relationship, and so she's like, oh my god, you just know everything. You understand everything, And I said yes, because I've been with the same type of personality and it's good.
Speaker 2: That you can just the personality start with an n could it could thought.
Speaker 4: Not that any of
Speaker 2: Us are doctors here, but guys, I just played one on TV.