Speaker 1: It is Monday, November twenty fifth. This is Jetwars Happy Hour, Jaguars Happy Hours, brought to you by Jet Home Loans and now a guy who believes turkeys are grown on a poletree. Sorry j p Chet.
Speaker 2: Took me a minute. I got it now, Well come in its Jaguars Happy Hour. It is Monday, November twenty.
Speaker 3: Fifth, coming out of the bye week, presented by Jet Home Loans on Tintinxlamjaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube Busy two hours ahead. The bye week is in the rear view now and we'll see about the adjustments for the Jaguars in the stretch run. What do Tony and Pete have in mind? We'll get to that coming up. We'll keep it real as always, fanatics, fan questions, and a bonus segment of Around the National Football League this week two for the price of one. Okay, that's coming up. That's Tony Boselli, Prisco, CBS Sports senior writer joining us as well.
Speaker 2: Well. Happy by the week, Tony, you look rested and refreshed. I am. Also. Pete is just worn ragged. They don't give him a week off.
Speaker 4: They don't get me any time off. You kidding me. It's just a grind, you know that.
Speaker 5: What'd you guys do? What you did? You relax?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I actually uh hung out. Friday was nice. I was by myself at the house.
Speaker 5: Wow. The family, well, no, but you know when.
Speaker 2: You have you have a full house all the time, it's every once in a while. Because my wife and my daughter had high school cheer five hours away playoffs, I'm like, I'm not going so by myself, ate some food. I was in bed early. It was glorious Saturday. I had to get up early, went to senior day at the swamp. My daughter, Alexis is a cheerleader, captain cheerlead team. Senior watched the Florida Old Miss Game, Great Football Game, Great game, Great Football game. And then Sunday got up, watched a little church and went played golf. Missed the missed the one o'clock games, which I was just fine with. I'm like, you know what, I'm good. I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: It was a bad schedule.
Speaker 2: It was pete and I said, this is the perfect bye week to have this schedule. I'll just go play golf. Come back. I was looking more forward to the four o'clock I was hoping that Niner Green Bay game would be good. That was a terrible game, and so then I settled in for the night game and that was only good for you know, two and a half quarters. But you got to see Sakon go off again, So it was great. It was very very.
Speaker 5: Very lucky, and JP bolted the Alabama did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of days back in Birmingham for a few days. Never a bad thing, catching up with some folks.
Speaker 5: Were you in Birmingham when Alabama season ended?
Speaker 2: It was not good? Things aren't well and Central Alabama these days, you know it's not over yet, Pete, because there's so much it's over. It's so over for them. I'm just telling you right now, you could beat them this week. There are so many like two and three lost teams, Like, there's nobody that's great this year. Maybe well where.
Speaker 5: You know where it isn't over, fellas in Tempe.
Speaker 2: Do you think you had a chance for the playoff?
Speaker 4: Oh if they if they beat Arizona this week, they're in the there unless some weird thing happens, they're in the Big twelve championship game.
Speaker 3: This would be the all timer. It'd be what it would take for Arizona State to actually win a twelve team playoff expanded, they backdoor into a conference championship game, win it, go to the thing, and then be happy forever.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say this, They're not going to win the whole thing. They're not good enough. No, but I hope Arizona State does get in one. Pete's my friend. I'll be cheering for them. They're not in the Pac twelve, they're not a competition with the USC. USC's not me anyways, it doesn't matter, and I think it'd be good to have a school like Arizona State in there.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, they were picked sixteenth in the conference. They would pick last in the conference.
Speaker 4: Think about that last and they're playing. All they have to do is go to Arizona and win. Arizona's not very good now. In the past, It's happened before, way back in the day, they had chances to go to the Rose Bowl for the first time in Arizona beat them a couple of times at Arizona, So it's happened before.
Speaker 5: But all I gotta do if they win, they're in.
Speaker 4: The Big Twolf champions win that, then they'd be in the playoff and they might be the fourth seed.
Speaker 2: They'll be in the top four seeds because the conference championship.
Speaker 4: No if Boise, if Boise were to win out, I think Boise would be ranked ahead of them, would be the conference champion.
Speaker 5: That would be the fourth seeds, so they would be down.
Speaker 2: I thought the Big Four Conference were the first four seeds. No matter what, Boise could.
Speaker 4: Be ahead of Boise should have lost to Wyoming. They're not very good, but that's the way it works out. But anyways, if i was State wins and Arizona State wins and BYU wins, I mean BYU probably.
Speaker 5: Will be Houston.
Speaker 4: But if that happens, it'll be Iowa State, Arizona State, the Big Twelve championship game, Colorado will be out.
Speaker 3: You know what happens when the Jaguars are two to nine coming off of by this that comes to college football.
Speaker 4: Well, because it should be a lesson. It should be a lesson on bad coaching. What happened at the end of the ASU game. I don't know if you guys saw it, because whatever coaches out there, take it, learn it, live it, and never do anything like that guy ever did again in your entire life.
Speaker 2: Do you like Dillingham as a coach, don't you.
Speaker 5: I think it's great coach, but I think his situational coaching. Did you see what Tony?
Speaker 4: They were up five, They had a first and goal at the seven yard line with a minute ten left.
Speaker 5: They ran the ball first down, they called time out.
Speaker 4: On second down, he lost ten yards trying to burn clock, then went down, took the knee. They called time out, and on third down he went back like twenty five yards and then took the knee. And by the time he think he was gonna end up throwing the ball out of bounds, well he threw it out of bounds. Some fan touched it. There was a they stormed the field. There was a second left, and they had a hail Mary and you caught it on the three yard line and the game ended that way? Why not just go score a touchdown?
Speaker 5: And right right?
Speaker 4: So it was a moron alert times five hundred and I was ready to throw something through the TV.
Speaker 2: I can imagine just watching at Arizona steaking with Pete. You like that, that'd be great. A couple of cold ones in. He's passionate. All right, We've.
Speaker 3: Avoided it as long as we can let's get to the Jaguars two and nine coming off to buy back in the office today.
Speaker 2: There was a practice today for the Jaguars as well.
Speaker 3: Before that, head coach Doug Peterson meeting with the media and setting the tone after the bye week.
Speaker 6: I know there's a lot of negativity around us, and rightfully so, and then we understand that around me. I understand that, but but I choose not to listen to it, and I choose to go the other way and be positive because you only get so many days and so many opportunities in this league, and then and then your days are done. And when they're done, you know, you look back and you go, hey, you know, I gave it. I gave it everything. You know that that I that I had, you know, to these players, to this team, to this league, and that's what I choose, and I choose to to go out, you know, every single day and try to make a difference for this team.
Speaker 3: There was a similar echo of you know, something like that in the locker room today, which is open to the media, and that's what they have to look forward to. Now six games to go, they're not mathematically eliminated Tony.
Speaker 2: If they win the rest of them and Houston loses all theirs. They're in Week one hosting a playoff game eight nine. Come on, Pete, hop on board.
Speaker 4: I mean, come on, seriously, you're saying there's a chance.
Speaker 5: Is that the only there is a wildcard chance? I think too.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know, but I mean.
Speaker 5: There's no chance. They're not They're not.
Speaker 4: They're not ripping off every win. They're not gonna it's not gonna happen. I will say this though, after watching the last couple of weeks and watching the bye week, this was a blown opportunity for this team to win the division. Yes, way the division has played out, we all thought it would be a good division.
Speaker 5: It's an awful division. And the Texas have major flaws, by the way, major flaws including the quarterback.
Speaker 2: The quarterback's not playing very well. Oh, I'm going to watch that on the All twenty two this week. I watched the game. I've not watched it yet, Pete, what's their biggest issue because I watched them interesting enough against the Lions where they played great defensively against the Lions on that prime time game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've busted a lot of coverages, which is weird.
Speaker 4: Because they but they have the young guys in that secondary, but they bust a lot of coverages and then they can't protect them and he's sped up, Tony, He's offense.
Speaker 2: Is that the biggest issue is the offense?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it is. I don't.
Speaker 4: I think he's been sped up, and I think that's the offense of line. And even made a change. They moved the center to left guard. I saw that, and and it still isn't great. So they can rush the past or they did that. They sacked Levis eight times I think in the first half yesterday. I mean, it was just they're they're you know, the Titans office line is very good. But then they have a chance to, you know, really put the hammer to him, and Levis throws a touchdown to a wide open tight end and there's nobody near him and he runs basically untouched into the end zone for like what seventy five yards or whatever.
Speaker 2: It was terrible, yeah, quote, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: They're not very good that the Texans. It just doesn't you know what we did. We rushed to anoint the quarterback and.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, who whaa don't say we because I was on the record of saying this entire offseason, in the start of the show in the preseason, is like, everyone needs to slow the role.
Speaker 5: We all did well. You were not him.
Speaker 2: You were all him. Yeah, you were all in Pete, come on him.
Speaker 5: I was on the t team. I was not because I was.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. I wasn't a j Stroud. I think, by the way, I still think see the Shroud is gonna be a very good quarterback. But the way everyone, including you Pete anointed him as like top five, one of the best quarterbacks in the league, I'm like, whoa, he's done it for one season.
Speaker 5: I didn't say he was top five.
Speaker 2: Yes, you did run the let's run the tape. We have the tape.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's be real for the kid. Though his offensive line has been brewed to all year. He lost taline for most of the year, then he lost digs for most he pulled it.
Speaker 2: He pulled the Dan Rosky.
Speaker 4: I mean, what are you thinking, man? But yeah, they're not They're not playing very well and this would have been an opportunity for Jacksonville or whoever in the division to go take it.
Speaker 5: And nobody's taken it. No, they're not any good either. They could they Look, they couldn't.
Speaker 4: There's just sitting there waiting for somebody to take it from him, and nobody can go take it from them.
Speaker 2: It's only two games back for the Colts. No, the Colts are still in it.
Speaker 5: They're in it. But they're not very good either.
Speaker 2: Not if they're not. I mean, they had played a heck of a game against defensively against the Lions beat holding the twenty four points well under their season average, but offensively they got nothing with it. They just have nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and look you see that two and nine sitting there, and you say, okay, if that thing was five and seven right or five pete, if you have four.
Speaker 2: And seven right now, with these last six games, you'd feel good about yourself. Yeah, certainly, But they're not.
Speaker 5: They and they lost a lot of close games. And you know it's funny.
Speaker 4: I go back last night and I watched the Eagles Rams game and the Eagles maull the Rams last night.
Speaker 5: You watched it. Yep, James want a chance to win that game at Philly.
Speaker 2: They did. They had the ball with inexplicably, Yeah, they had a ball with it on the first and ten from the fifteen with a chance to win it, and Philly's.
Speaker 5: Been really good the last you know, five weeks of the season. Now, you know, it's just weird the way this league is right now.
Speaker 4: But the bottom line is the Texans aren't great right now, and if they ever had this was a chance for them this season, if they had any sort of record to be able to take the division and there and there's no way it's happening now, but it could have happened well.
Speaker 2: So the big question cook for this week. I mean, this is what part of our conversation today will be, but it's the biggest factor on how I feel about this game coming up. Is Trevor Lawrence gonna play? He practiced today. We don't know what his status is because I don't think they have to announce it until Wednesday, either, but is he Is he going to be under center running the offense? Because with mac Jones they have the last two weeks, I don't think they've gotten past ten points. It barely got past midfield and.
Speaker 5: So it barely looks like a functioning offense.
Speaker 2: With mac Jones in there. I don't have a ton of confidence against the Texans coming this week. But with Trevor Lawrence all right, could get interested chance, absolutely.
Speaker 5: But what would you play him though?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, what we already talked about. This goes back to next This goes back to the last week's show and when we talked about.
Speaker 5: This again again.
Speaker 4: If I think the kid might push himself where he doesn't want to let down his teammates or something, rather than do the smart thing and not play.
Speaker 2: What if he's healthy, Pete, you don't know he hadn't talked yet.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, if he was healthy, then why wouldn't you come out and say he's healthy. Then they come out and said he might practice that and we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 5: Is he is he healthy?
Speaker 2: We'll find out how you practice. Listen, I actually think both of you are correct. Pete's Pete is it's fair with Pete's saying, because if the communication was he's healthy, we're ready to roll, right, that'd be much easier. But but CAUs I understand that. But what Pete's point is, if you're not I'm sure he can practice, is it worth the risk of playing him in five days?
Speaker 3: You don't know if he can practice until he practices. If he can't give you a practice him again.
Speaker 4: But Pete, they're talking about it sounds like they're talking about practicing him limited and Tony's my point in Tony's point is.
Speaker 5: If he's limited at all, why bother?
Speaker 2: I got your p and I agree with me. If he's limited and is a question mark, then I think you have to air on the side of precaution right now, you're two and nine. You invested in two undred fifty million into him.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, it makes no it makes no sense at all to play him if you don't have to. And here's the other flip side of that, JP and You're you're the two of you are going to get angry at me when I say this. If there's a coaching change, which is highly likely, you're going to have a new coaching here who's going to be implementing a new offense and a new system, wouldn't it be in your best interest to have him healthy when that's happening, rather than have it laid until like May or something. If God forbid, if he had to have surgery after the season, that makes all the sense in the world. This season is in the toilet. I hate to tell everybody that, but it is. It's done and his best interest and the best interest for the franchise is making sure he's ready to go immediately when it's time to go next year.
Speaker 3: Pete, they're not mathematically eliminated yet though they're.
Speaker 4: Not ap I know they're not mathematically eliminated, but you're not mathematically eliminated from growing hair in your head and it ain't coming back.
Speaker 3: Sure, okay, it's fine, but it's mathematical right. And now when that happens, then you start looking like, we don't talk draft until they're mathematically eliminated.
Speaker 5: Well, that's because Tony doesn't want to and you know.
Speaker 2: That's we don't talk any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: But until it's officially a white flag, season's over, it's done.
Speaker 4: And meanwhile, every fan in the world out there is talking about the draft right now, but we're not talking about it because we're talking about a game that that absolutely means nothing for them in the future of the franchise.
Speaker 5: It means nothing.
Speaker 2: Pete. I actually disagree with you on that part. I agree with you your overall assessment of like, if Trevor's limited isn't worth it, that's a fair conversation. I think that's a fair point of view, and I also get what you're saying, JP is. If he can play, he plays, That's what he gets paid to do. Let's go because let's try to win a football game. Or I completely disagree with you, Pete Is. I do think this is a big one. I think this is an important one. You're at home. It's the Houston Texans, it's division lead. I'm not saying everything's fixed if you beat them, and I'm not saying they're gonna run off five straight if you beat them, But I just get a sense this is really important to the fans, to the organization, Like you don't want to go out there and lay a stinker against your rival, the Texans, because because the reality is, Pete, here's the reality. If this team does the right things, and we can talk about this on future shows, if the team does the right thing as far as how they build the roster, and this is my opinion, I don't think you're that far away. And the two best quarterbacks in this division are still Trevor Lawrence and C. J. Stroud. And because of that, I still think for the years to come, it's gonna come down to the Texans and the Jaguars for the AFC South more times than not because of the quarterback play. I don't think the Titans have their guy, and Will Levis.
Speaker 5: I disagree with you.
Speaker 2: I'm playing really well and I don't think.
Speaker 5: I played him yesterday by the way he played Stroud.
Speaker 2: And I don't think Anthony Richardson is the right guy.
Speaker 5: It's early on better yesterday. It was better yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'm better.
Speaker 5: I know they didn't score a lot of points, Yester, but he's been better the last come.
Speaker 2: Okay, P I'll ask you this. If you had to rank the four quarterbacks right now, Trevor and CJ.
Speaker 5: Stroud, c J.
Speaker 4: Strouds Trevor one two and then Levis and then richards.
Speaker 2: And and you're the quarterback guy. Typically, isn't the team with the better quarterbacks are going to win the division more times than not?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: We used to, yes, yes, but again I'm going to go back to our old theory on it. And the more I watch football, the more i'm I believe.
Speaker 5: That I always have and I always will well. And I was disappointed night.
Speaker 2: I was disappointed with your post on X last night, very disappointed because you acted like you came up with this idea of big people on your own. I wish you would a reference. My good friend Tony has been telling me this for years. I am now a believer that big people are important. I'm not shocked that he would take somebody else's idea and use it for used it for himself. I like to call who's.
Speaker 4: Ever since when I covered when I first started covering a franchise and Laughlin brought me your your old stinky tape.
Speaker 5: To watch because he's gonna draft you. What you talking at, Bete?
Speaker 2: Who's been hammering you for a year years about this? How you build it?
Speaker 4: I've always believed that the conviction that you showed on X.
Speaker 2: I wish you would I feel.
Speaker 5: Like the quarterbacks first, and you would admit that I agree.
Speaker 2: But I wish you would have given a little bit of credit instead of plagiarizing my thoughts.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, look I did something nice for you.
Speaker 4: I made we did a thing yesterday on set the top five Italian football players of all time.
Speaker 5: You came in number three.
Speaker 2: Three who was one and two?
Speaker 5: Franco Rino and Montana. What are you kidding me? You're not ahead of them?
Speaker 2: Franco on the list.
Speaker 5: Franco was four.
Speaker 2: Okay, Franklin.
Speaker 4: That's that's the Bosas and Flacco and all these guys were in there as well.
Speaker 5: But uh, you know you were you were you were number three?
Speaker 2: Thank you. I know we're over when we come back. You know what I want to talk about, Pete. I can't wait to hear this. How does this team beat the Texans this week? What's that game plan? Let's talk about how they beat them, and then we'll get to defense later. We got to talk about defense, no doubt about it. But I want to because like that's the most important thing, like we can look back and beat up everything two and nine and everything else, like the whole talk after and I also the other thing. Two things I want to talk about today. I mean, you better hurry. We're running out of time. Okay? How that? And then Pete, I want to get your perspective because before the Detroit game, the tweet came out I believe it was Ian Rapperport and said that if they get be badly, there's going to be changes. Yes, nothing happened, correct, How does it? Where does that come from? Pete? You're in this world, yep. I don't fully understand where these leaks and how this happens, but Ian Rappaport was adamant and nothing happened.
Speaker 3: Plenty to discuss in the next hour and forty minutes. Now, Jaggs fans want customized Jaguars furniture for your home. Check out zipchair dot com and browse all customizable options Zipchair Furniture for fans. We're off and running after the bye week. It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 6: You took a dive into that right schematically, just to see where we were and see what we're doing, and see.
Speaker 5: What we do well.
Speaker 6: And you know there's some things that I'm not going to get into the whole details of things, but you know there's things in the run game that we got to get back to, even in the passing game, you know, tweaking some things there, and some things that we can help our you know, hopefully help our production you know, the next uh in the next six weeks and then and ultimately just have some time away. You know, we needed as I said last week, we needed uh, you know, some rest and get refreshed and and you know see where see where these next six weeks.
Speaker 3: God Peterson today Jaguars said Coach full Press conference at Jaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube and is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans pr Productions, the Southeast full service event company has everything you need to bring your next idea to life. Visit Productions dot com and learn more. Well, I figure out how to beat the Texans coming up in just a moment. But Pete, we were going to break and Tony has this laundry list of things he wants to talk about.
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: And speaking of plagiarism, there's and I don't want to give the full you know how we make the sausage here every Monday. But in the morning, I put together a list of ideas that I have, right Pete, we texted.
Speaker 2: I texted out to both of you guys and Pete and I basically say, we don't care. You ignore it and you read it or you don't, I don't care whatever.
Speaker 3: Thwarth on the list today was how does the report come out about Peterson on the hot seat? But one are the nuts and bolts of how that gets reported? And he just talked about it like he just came up.
Speaker 2: With this thing I did. I mean, what are we doing at nine am to day Tony.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he did a he doesn't read it. I read it. I read it, and Tony doesn't read it. So that's where he came up with the idea.
Speaker 2: He stole you.
Speaker 5: He's a thief of an idea, kind.
Speaker 2: Of like you, Pete, like he plagiaris me. Last on the next unbelievable. Yes, you did.
Speaker 4: I taught you, if it was up to you would be seven on seven football and which, by the way, that was.
Speaker 3: An awful take. By the way, the whole you didn't like the snow game, Pete, I thought that was stupid too. I'll say this.
Speaker 2: Physical play is coming back. You look at the teams and the reass reassurgence of backs, of big backs, physical backs running the ball, play action of fake that's what the whole lines are built on. You look at the Green Bay Packers, Josh Jacobs, you look at the Ravens with with Derrick Henry. I mean, it is a physical style of football, and some of the better teams right now in this league are playing that style.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But and you're right, and it's because of the way defenses play, right, everybody's playing all those off coverages, so with the safety not being down, why wouldn't you blast?
Speaker 2: I agree, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, but here, here's the other part of that equation.
Speaker 4: It's gonna go back to something I always say on here about playing fast.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: Offenses have now allowed defenses to dictate to them in a lot of ways, which is why it's going back to that run game, Tony. You know, normally you come to the line of scrimmage, you're moving guys around on offense and they're not doing anything to react to it, you know, And in the year's past, Well, now they're rotating as you rotate, and they're moving, and they're moving.
Speaker 5: And guys, you notice this too, I know you do. More guys are.
Speaker 4: Holding quarterbacks are holding onto the damn ball this year than I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Offensive line play isn't good, but they're holding the ball. All the young ones hold them, and even some of the veterans are starting to hold the football because of all the looks that the coverages give them. But more than that, up front, all those twists and exotic looks and stunts are.
Speaker 5: Given linemen problems.
Speaker 4: So what happened has what has happened it is the defenses are now dictating to the offenses, which is why the run game's becoming vogue.
Speaker 5: To get away from that, you just blast them.
Speaker 4: But I think another way to do that is what I always say. Here we go go fast, go fast, go go back to the old k gun style offense, and you dictated to him.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, there's merit for that. But it's amazing how a run game will open up and force a defense to come stop the run. And now there's more space in the past game.
Speaker 5: Correct, the Lions are exhibit A.
Speaker 2: Yep. Right, So let's let's we'll talk about how you beat the Texans next segment. Yeah, let's talk about this report. Pete walk us through. How does this happen? I mean, you're in the business. This is your you know, value way, not that you're a I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I'll give you an example.
Speaker 4: You saw Mike mclargy came out the other day and said that he told Ian Rappidport a lie. Yeah, I mean, and can I I can say that's actually happened to me.
Speaker 5: It happened to me in the draft that Nick Bosa and Kyler Murray were coming out. Do you remember that draft? Yep? And this is how stuff happens.
Speaker 4: One of the guys that was in Arizona that I trusted greatly, I know him for years. I sent him a text. I said, hey, who are you drafted? You know, basically, give me an idea. You know, they had the number one over pick. They sent me a picture of Nick Bosa and I went, wait a second, You're not serious, right, He goes, oh, very serious. So I come out that week and I say, hey, look, the bottom line is they're not all in on Kyler Murray just yet.
Speaker 5: There's a chance it could be Nick Bosa.
Speaker 4: So when the pick comes to the podium that that year, I took endless stream of crap from people because I said that, well, the person that told me that I trusted, I knew him for decades and I trusted.
Speaker 5: Him, so neils to say.
Speaker 4: I went back out to Arizona in February and May of that year to go do something on Kyler Murray. And I went and had dinner with that guy, and I said, why in the hell would you do that to me? Of all the people out there, you know me for decades, Why did you do that to me?
Speaker 5: I thought? And I just reamed them and I said, if that's the way you're gonna be. Then we're done.
Speaker 4: And he tried to say that there was a clause in the baseball contract that hadn't finalized. Spieled, but I reamed them and I said, look, if we're going to go on here, you can't do that to me. So you see Malarkey's situation. He gives laughs about it. It's not funny. He gave it to eat to rap Aport and he went with it. He made him look like an idiot. Well, this time somebody clearly leaked something to Rapaport, somebody who can't make that decision, somebody who won't make that decision, but somebody around it leaked it to Rapaport saying before the game, something will happen. That's how that gets, is it, Pete?
Speaker 2: I know we're speculating, is it agents? Is it?
Speaker 5: No, you're not. You can't run that with it it you can't run you can't put that out.
Speaker 2: So that's somebody in the building who's saying that that doesn't actually have the juice to make the decision in your estimation.
Speaker 4: Correct, Look, the only one who can make the damn decision is Sean Cohn.
Speaker 5: So you know it didn't come from him, absolutely not, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Would it come from other people in the building probably, and that's where he probably got it from.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, if we get.
Speaker 4: Blown out today, it's gonna look it's it's a it's a dog eat dog world, Tony. I mean, I could, I could go back to stories and when when Mike Smith was gonna be fired in Atlanta, and guys in that building were circling around him like a vulture hoping he would lose a game because then he would be fired. And they went to New Orleans and beat New Orleans, and the guys, the other guys in the other building were they were upset about it. They had scowls on their faces even though they won the game because they wanted them out.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the kind of stuff you get.
Speaker 4: That kind of stuff gets leaked out, and that's probably what happened in that situation.
Speaker 2: Interesting, all right, guys, we'll come back and we'll formulate a game plan to beat the Texans when we come back. Let's do it a path to.
Speaker 5: Find got to get better draft pick, get it better draft pick?
Speaker 3: Hey mathematically still alive, Pete, And especially if they beat the.
Speaker 5: Number one overall pick. You can bargain that thing down the road. You don't win.
Speaker 3: Sign up your fur a friend for the Jaguars Official Four Legged Fan Club for Pets presented by Forever Vets Animal Hospital.
Speaker 2: Your pet will.
Speaker 3: Receive access to exclusive merchandise, events and sweepstakes throughout the season. Visit Jaguars dot com Slash Promotions, Slash four Legged Fan Club and sign up today. It is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loads.
Speaker 6: We'll find out today. We'll see where Trevor's at today. You know, then he's got tomorrow come in and get treatment, and you know, see where he's at on Wednesday. How he feels he's feeling better today, you know.
Speaker 5: So that's that's positive.
Speaker 2: That is positive.
Speaker 3: That's head coach Doug Peterson earlier today and welcome back at Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans from the Hondai Studios of the Miller Electric Center. Looking for the MVP of the truck game, better check out the twenty twenty four Ford f one fifty. Loaded with impressive capability and game changing tech. You can dominate, work play and everything in between. Test driving f one fifty You're local Ford dealer, proud partner of.
Speaker 2: The Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 3: We're on ten ten XLAM, Jaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube, JP Shadwick Hall of Famer, Tony Boselli, and Pete Prisco, who should be in the Hall of Fame as well.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest Pete reporters I've ever been around.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Yes, all right, let's figure out and formulate and share a game plan for the Jaguars to beat the Houston Texans this week. Now, mind you, the Texans have won nine of the last ten trips to Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Thank you JP for the encouraging word.
Speaker 3: And the Texans are in first place in the AFC side. Yes, we realize that the Jaguars have lost what four in a row. We're five games back.
Speaker 2: Yes, so if we lose this to them, we're I think technically out of We have no chance of winning that a vision race, yes, maybe outside chance of wildcard p there isn't it.
Speaker 4: Now, get the number one seat, number one overall.
Speaker 5: Pick that you do it with a division stop it.
Speaker 3: Jeene Fornette had the tweet earlier today. Jaguars will be the first team eliminated if they lose to Houston, and then they would be out of the wild card. If the Chargers win in Atlanta, Ravens win against the Eagles, and the Denver wins at home on Monday Night against the Browns, that's a lot to happen. Yeah, in the theory, they could be eliminated AllGame.
Speaker 2: In theory. In theory, they can still be in the race and Pete can get his wish and we're talking draft next week, right, or they could keep the dream alive.
Speaker 5: You know. Here, here's the thing about that, Tony.
Speaker 4: You talk about a win and how it could be important to the organization and beat the division rival and all that.
Speaker 5: You don't really believe that.
Speaker 4: And here's why, because I remember, I remember way back in the day and you told me this.
Speaker 5: In nineteen ninety five, your team went to Cleveland. Yeah, and one.
Speaker 2: We went to Cleveland early in one.
Speaker 5: No, you what was the last game of the year. It was in.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville against Cleveland. It was in Jacksonville, Okay, and you won. Yeah, we won.
Speaker 4: And the talk was that it carried over to the next season and it gave you a momentum. And you back then with the point you've made about five hundred times since then.
Speaker 5: You told me no damn way that carried over.
Speaker 2: To be honest with the Pete. After that game, I just wanted to leave. I wanted to get out of it. I didn't want to see anybody else.
Speaker 4: It was right after that game you said it, and I think you said it throughout the entire offseason because I kept trying to ask you, hey, yeah, and then you've said it many a time since then, So you don't truly believe that.
Speaker 2: I guess not. I just I just I just what I don't like and why it's important, mate. It's just important to me is because of the stat that JP just said they've won nine to ten here, and I don't like that. You used to bother I just it bothers the you know what out of me because it just sets to me. Yeah, I just don't like that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I could see where that would matter and you'd like to get one.
Speaker 2: But that's just so you know, that's where all my motivation is coming from, because you're exactly right, and if I'm being consistent. I said it ninety five as a going into my second year and when the head coach was saying, you know, everyone else was saying not everyone, but other people were saying differently, And I'm like, no, I don't. It's a different team, right, it's different players. You go get free agents, guys leave, you get a draft. I mean, it's a different team.
Speaker 3: Why does bad football carry over? Like they they It doesn't, well last does it?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're down the stretch. Why did that carry over to the start? Back to what I said last week? You it could be systemic. You got to look at the whole organization.
Speaker 5: It also could be you were never as damn good as you thought you were.
Speaker 2: Either, well, that'd be systemic, right, I mean, I just okay, but I'll say this speech.
Speaker 5: It'll carry out.
Speaker 4: If you're good your next season, you should be good again. It should carry over. If you're bad your next season, you might get a little bit better. You might not, but it should carry over at least for a year or two. It's hard to get out from underneath your crap. But if you're a really good team like the Chiefs. Do you think the Chiefs Super Bowl carried over to this year?
Speaker 5: No good.
Speaker 2: Quarterback? They got one of the best three techniques in football. They got They have a systemic issue and it's a good one. Yeah, they're good. Yeah, I mean, and.
Speaker 4: So I don't I never have believed that carries over from season to season.
Speaker 5: I just it's entirely different team.
Speaker 4: How many guys from that team that you won and that won that last game in ninety five were even on the team in ninety six there were a lot of them were gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Let me tell you what carries over. What carries over is how you do things, the culture, the standard. Correct, That's what carries over from year to year.
Speaker 5: In this scenario, it might not.
Speaker 2: Go let's know what, I know what you're saying, Pete, but I think overall your identity as a franchise and who you are and how you do things and what the standard is and just kind of that carries over.
Speaker 5: But when we talked all year of as team doesn't have an.
Speaker 2: Identity, Okay, that's you're making my point, Pete.
Speaker 5: So can you get an identity in the last six games of the season. No, I don't know, No, you can't.
Speaker 4: You know, if if this was one of those shows where we had a light of that draw on you, that thing would be going off.
Speaker 2: Well, I I want to win because I don't like them winning nine at ten, and I think going back to the big the question we asked is how do they do it? Yeah? They what trealor Lawrence has to play has to I mean, I haven't seen anything with mac Jones in there that gives me any hope that offensively they have any idea of what to do and how to move the ball consistently.
Speaker 4: Well, six weeks ago, you had him traded for a nice draft pick or something.
Speaker 2: I was wrong. It doesn't happen very often, Pizza, you and I p I can admit when I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: You can't admit I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: You can't admit when you steal people's ideas.
Speaker 5: I was wrong. I admitted I thought this team would be good.
Speaker 3: You got quarterbacks, I he interrupted me, Okay, what else you got?
Speaker 2: Listen? What was Tank Bigsby out there today? Because I think think's important. I saw him running around in the open I've said it all year. I said it in preseason and I got laughed at that. He is key to the running the game, and I think he's your best running back running the ball. I saw him in the open media time today out there and when has this offense been at its best? When? When Bigsby is carrying the rock and they're running it well. So they got to get Bigsby going. They have to get the run game going against the Texans because right now this defense is on the field way too much and they're not good enough to play a tight game back and forth and get a bunch of three and outs when you're going three and out, and so you get these lopsided time of possessions that there's exhaust at eighty two plays against the against the Lions the week before that, they had like forty one minutes of time on the field. It's nuts. And so you have to run the ball and you got to keep our defense on the sideline as much as possible. And so running the ball you need Trevor, but you need to get the run game going, and hopefully, I think your best chance of doing that's with biggs By healthy. And then defensively, you're gonna have to get You're gonna have to steal the ball, you have to get a couple turnovers, steal some possessions, hopefully in your own territory. And he's turning it over, so that's a positive. There's a chance to do that.
Speaker 4: And then think their off line isn't great, so that it's.
Speaker 2: The other thing you have to do defensively. You gotta win on first down, I mean, because we're terrible on third down. Part of the reason we're terrible is because everything's third and short to third medium. I mean, have the Detroit Lions almost didn't even have a third down. Four of their scoring drives, the didn't even get the third down.
Speaker 5: Look at those numbers.
Speaker 3: That's just putrids defense rankings last in total D twenty sixth and rushing D thirty, first in past D twenty nine. Third down, they're at the bottom of every metric.
Speaker 4: I mean, all you gotta ask yourself is what do they do well? What does that defense do well?
Speaker 5: Anything? Nothing? No zero?
Speaker 2: If you just look at that and I can't think of one, well, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, and you'd like to think that they could. They have two good edge rushers.
Speaker 4: That premium guys won the first number one overall, you'll get third long enough.
Speaker 2: You don't give them enough opportunities.
Speaker 4: Correct, That's what that was my point, Tony. I agree with you. In a normal defense where you're stopping to run, those two guys would be significantly better than what they are.
Speaker 2: So that's how you beat him. In my opinion, Pete, disagree with you if you have any other points, but you gotta Trevor's got to play. You get to run the ball on offense defensively, win third down, I mean, win first down. So you create some third down, third and long situation.
Speaker 4: Let your pass back to stop the run the ball and stop the run.
Speaker 5: You have to bete in every game. That's the formula.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean it's even more importantly for this team. And I actually think maybe the most important thing is for us to run the ball, to stay on the field. We don't stay.
Speaker 5: I mean it is like, no, there's no, there's no, none of that. But here's the other thing. Okay, what if it is mac Jones, what do you do? Get on midfield and get on your hands and knees and pray.
Speaker 2: I mean, because I don't have a lot of I don't have a lot of good answers anything.
Speaker 4: I mean, you hate to say it, he's given you nothing, not one shred of hope that he could be their backup quarterback, even for the long term.
Speaker 5: It's just he's been bad, really bad.
Speaker 2: Has he been good? It's nope.
Speaker 5: I mean, has he been, he hasn't been as good as best when he played.
Speaker 2: No. So there's the path of victory against the Texans, and.
Speaker 4: Really the moral of the story is go down a different path because you might end up with the first overall pick.
Speaker 2: Peop, I'm gonna ask you a question. I think I know the answer. Would this team be better off I have six games ago, go in five and one, So getting to seven wins, you're gonna miss the playoffs, but seven wins you finished five soon or losing every game at five and set, so you go five and one, you're gonna be probably the tenth pick ten between eight and twelve. Or are you better off losing every game and having the first overall pick?
Speaker 4: Losing every game and having the first overall pick not because you need a quarterback, not because you're gonna draft a quarterback, because somebody's going to go give you a bunch of stuff to go up and get that quarterback.
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 4: So if okay, for example, I said this today on the show we did, I said, if Jacksonville had the number one overall pick, you trade down how many spots whatever? You get some extra picks if you have and they have a lot of picks. If you have premium picks and you get four two offensive linemen and two interior defensive linemen, all of a sudden, you look around, you go this offensive lines bigger and stronger and better, and the defensive lines bigger, stronger and better. Well, I'll say everybody once, everybody out there is looking for edge rushers.
Speaker 5: They're not looking for edge rushers. They're looking for guys that can play down.
Speaker 2: They're looking for big guys. In my opinion, that's what they should go for. And a per interesting example of what you just said. If you look at the Rams got beat up yesterday. I mean, the Eagles are better, but you look at that Rams defensive line. They got four starters, good players that either are rookies or on their in their second year. Correct, they hit with two last year, and they hit with two more this year. Now for the next four years, they got guys that can play now at some point for you know, three four years down the road, they're gonna have to make a decision. They can't keep them, all right, but you got young, cheap talent who can play right, and they did that through the draft.
Speaker 3: All right, let's come back in a moment. Guys, we're gonna keep it real early today and we come back. Oh, it'll be faster. We'll do it fast, keep it real because we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna double up on around the league later. If that's okay with you, Tony, I think it was my idea. I don't think so. Yeah, I think I came up with that one too. Now you're gonna do it wrong totally. You're just plagiarizing everybody today. You Impete steel ideas. What you do.
Speaker 3: It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 2: We're back at Jaguars Happy Hours.
Speaker 5: A P.
Speaker 3: Shadwick with Pete Prisco and Tony Biselli were presented by Jet Home Loans on tened, Xcel Amjaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube.
Speaker 2: Get down to the Bank.
Speaker 3: This Sunday, the Jaguars go head to head with the division rival Houston Texans for the mic cause Mike Cleats game.
Speaker 2: Lock in your seats. It's a one pm kickoff nine.
Speaker 3: Oh four six three three two thousand, or visit Jaguars dot Com slash tickets. It's time for an early edition of Keeping It Real, presented by No One, and we talked defense today coming out of the bye week. What are some of the adjustments you'd like to see on defense and how can they salvage it defensively this year?
Speaker 2: And you have about three minutes total. Yeah, I mean, I think the first thing I would do is I'm getting Ventro Miller on the field. I think I would put him in Foyer as your two inside linebackers, and I would over the break work in Devin Lloyd as the sam because it gives you, I think more speed, it gives you more I mean, I think I think Ventrol's just playing better watching the tape. I think you got to make it as simple as you need to to make sure you know, guys are lined up in the right place, you're not having to bust down the field. And then you got to find a way to stop the run. If that's dropping the say, if he takes more chances, dropping the safety in the box, you know whatever that is. But you cannot you cannot continue to get run on the way they are and stopping the run with seven a light box is not working as of late. Pete, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Well, I agree with Tony in terms of playing Miller. I think he gives him a little thump to the game, gives him a little toughtest to the game. And you want to stop Joe Mixon, I mean you want to put him in passing situation, so that matters. I would play less man than they've been playing, because I don't think they're good enough to play man and that will eat them alive. So I would limit that a little bit as well. I'd see if I can get somebody into at safety. I think the safeties have been awful. And is uh somebody coming off?
Speaker 2: Maybe he gets more playing time. He came off right before the buy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he didn't really ready to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't play much. He just did special teams, I know, But is he ready?
Speaker 4: If he's ready to play, I'd get him on the field a little bit as well. But if you can't stop the run, to rush the passer and thus it's a problem.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I agree, put Miller on the field and let him play. And is your second round pick? Have healthy? If he's healthy, play him.
Speaker 3: He's been on the list, Pete, has he been.
Speaker 2: How bad of ankle does he had on the list? I don't know, But how bad is the ankle? It's been a while. I thought it was just a spring but maybe it was a bad high spring season.
Speaker 5: He didn't have an ankle and he didn't play correct.
Speaker 2: The the other challenge this week for this defense, which they did not face the first time. The first time we played Texans. Remember, Joe Mixing was hurt. And when Joe Mixon gets it going, they're they're a different animal. They're a different animal both in the screen game and the run game. He's good in the screen game too.
Speaker 5: What week did they play then? Week?
Speaker 2: It was like week three or four?
Speaker 5: Was Nico Collins in the u.
Speaker 2: N They had all the receivers, but they did not have Joe Mixon.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, now they don't have digs and they have Nico Collins back, and he's back all the way.
Speaker 5: So yeah, look it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Here's the other challenge, hurry protecting your quarterback.
Speaker 3: Ye back in a moment our one down, hour two left to go. It is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 6: Yes, nothing that I'll share this time, And I personally think that just to be a little bit more clear on that, you know, it's it's sort of I say that to say this that that a lot of these are in house, and these are things that that we we focus on as a staff and as a team, and I just don't think they need to be in the open right now.
Speaker 3: Head coach Duck Peterson today asked about changes during the bye week.
Speaker 2: Welcome Back.
Speaker 3: It's our two of Jaguars Happy Hour, presented by Mister Chubby's Wings. Before the game, after the game, and during the game. JP Shadrick, Tony Vasselli, Pete Frisco. We're on ten TOONEXLAM Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube. The Jaguars at two and nine coming off the bye week. Six games to go in the regular season, the Jaguars have not been mathematically eliminated. Quarterback questions Trevor Lawrence on the practice field today coming off a left shoulder injury. Will he be on the practice field Wednesday? Well, we're about to find out in two days. The Jaguars defense, well, worst in the National Football League. How do they improve it down the stretch? We just touched on that a little bit. We'll do it a little bit more coming up. And of course, the division leading Houston Texans are coming to town this week. They've won nine of the last ten trips to Jacksonville, Florida, or to one of those was actually in London a home game. But so the last eight of the last nine in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Nine to the last ten home games. Correct? Yes, yes, uh, I said in Jacksonville. That's incorrect. I wanted to make sure our food options.
Speaker 5: So it's their house thing, right, it's their house.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I want, what Tony wants. I don't like that he liked. I don't like that. That bothers me. Food option from mister Chubby's.
Speaker 3: Tonight we had the chicken Caesar rap and boneless garlic wings.
Speaker 2: Boneless garlic wings? Are they're still in there? I might go get one of those. They were pretty good. I had a couple. Is there any left? I don't know. I've been out there in an hour. I've been sitting right here, Tony. Maybe I'll go check her. I'm told there are a lot of them. Speaking of food, one of my favorite days of the years.
Speaker 3: Coming out Thanksgiving, Pete, Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I'm a disappointed Thanksgiving, do you No?
Speaker 2: No, I quit doing that. I don't have one this year either.
Speaker 5: Who uh?
Speaker 2: Who do the Lions play? Bears?
Speaker 5: Bears?
Speaker 2: That'll be interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's good to watch. Caleb Caboys was better.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was. That'll be interesting. I'm not looking forward to the Giants Cowboys.
Speaker 4: No, the Giants Cowboys game is awful. But you know what, the Cowboys aren't dead yet. If they win that game, they're five and seven.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they're not. And then what's the night game?
Speaker 4: Last wildcard? That last wildcard is up for grabs in the NFC. The night game is Miami at Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Well it's a good one too. So this is my This is going to work perfectly because we're going to eat around two thirty three, that's right about when the second game's kicking off, which is a four to thirty kick. That's the tech. That's the Cowboys game.
Speaker 3: Twelve thirty Lions, four thirty Cowboys, eight twenty packers.
Speaker 2: So I'll be watching the I'll be cooking, frying my turkeys, which is my favorite, getting ready, kind of dabbling on the our nerves. How many turkeys do you have to fry? By the way, we have a big crowd. Yeah, we have thirty people for Thanksgiving. My hope, my siblings and my nephews and nieces are flying in my step mom. I'll just landed. I got a Texas during the show. So I'm gonna fry two or three turkeys, depending on the size of my wife buys. We have a twenty pounder. We're gonna smoke, and then my mother in law is going to bake a turkey so I can get the good dressing baked in there. What time are you starting this turkey? Tom? By the way, like today the night before, so take you two days the day before, No, it's not two days stopping. And then we will have a honey Bay cam as well. So I'm gonna get up. We're gonna take a turkey trot. We'll walk on the beach. I won't be trotting, We'll walk the beach. Come back. I'll get the fryer's ready. Yeah. Watch football, Well, I watched the Lions game. I will feast at around two thirty to three thirty kick off of the Cowboys game. We'll have four I'll be sleeping in my chair, sitting up, wake up at some point for leftovers in the night game. It's the perfect lineup because I don't care about the Cowboys or the Giants and watching Matt but the first and third game I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 5: By the way, all.
Speaker 4: Jaguar fans should watch the Lions on Thanksgiving. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Why is that pete? I'll take I'll take the base.
Speaker 5: Watch them. It's fun to watch, fun team.
Speaker 4: Just watch why Why Because if there's a coach and change, that offensive coordinator is a guy that you should target.
Speaker 5: I think he's a great coach.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. Watch they're also ten and one. That's another reason to watch them.
Speaker 4: They're good team, fun to watch, Tony. You know what they did on Sunday. They had like third and six and third and seven, and they ran the ball and got first downs.
Speaker 2: I was surprised, you know, good for a colch defense. Gus Bradley, former head coach here, good friend. They must have done something right only holding that team to twenty four point. It's pete. I didn't see the game, so yeah, but.
Speaker 4: They're so good. I mean they make it look easy. And you know what it all comes back to again, we go back.
Speaker 5: To the offensive line.
Speaker 4: How many times Golf gets to go into the pocket to play action, look left, look right, look to the other side.
Speaker 5: Then check it down because he has all day.
Speaker 4: He has all day back there you or he turns and fires a shot into the middle on a slant that's Saint Brown's always wide open in the.
Speaker 2: Middle because the linebackers coming.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: It's incredible and it's a precision offense. It's well done, it's well coordinated.
Speaker 5: Uh and it's fun to watch.
Speaker 4: And and by the way, if you want to watch go football. Kamp Willams was better on Sunday. I give him the credit.
Speaker 5: He he he made some really good throws against the Vikings on Sunday.
Speaker 2: And I can't wait. I love things. Pete. What's your Thanksgiving routine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm working. I gotta go into the studio, but I'll be out of there. I probably. I'm we'll probably go out to dinner.
Speaker 2: Out the dinner you got have turkey and mashed potato. Have that dinner?
Speaker 5: Places you can go get sweet sweet potato cast role.
Speaker 2: You can do that their places.
Speaker 5: Sweet potato castro.
Speaker 2: It's the best od J Pete.
Speaker 5: What do you do for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: I'll go over to a couple of friends houses. I invited you over. You said no, you didn't invite me. I when did you did not invite? I did to invite me. When did you invite me? I literally invited you ten days ago, already have plans. I didn't.
Speaker 3: You said what you do for Thanksgiving? I said, I doing? You didn't. Why don't you come to that.
Speaker 4: He's going to be sitting in his in his in his little easy chair with a little Swanson frozen turkey dinner or remember those old turkey dinners that they used to sell at the grocery.
Speaker 2: Well, I disagree with Pete, I mean with JP's characterization of it. But you are now officially invited they come over for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm busy. See that's why I said I got I got the heisman. Now you just embarrassed me. Okay, I see how this is? Thirty people? I mean, my gosh, a lot of good, A lot of good.
Speaker 5: Where do you sit? I mean they all sit. They all sit the same table.
Speaker 2: We have multiple tables. We have like love the kid's table or at the adults table. Are you gonna put the kid's table?
Speaker 5: Your kids are all like forty now you're talking about but there's still kids.
Speaker 2: There's still so they don't if you, uh, you might make the cutch ap. I'm trying to think who's all coming. But if you're more than welcome Pe and if you want to fly up for a late dinner, come on, you're welcome. That would be entertaining. I love now and it's the best. I love the fried turkey.
Speaker 5: Thanks for you make the stuffing. That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: It's a good question. My mother in law makes it, bakes the turkey. Well, we have two. We have one that you stuffed the bird, the baked bird, which is very moist, very good, and then my wife makes a big pan of She'll make one corn bread stuffing which is very good, and then will make another more traditional stuff.
Speaker 5: You must have leftovers for weeks in that house.
Speaker 2: I will eat Thanksgiving dinner for I'm the only one after like day two, my kids are. My wife and kids are like, we're done. And I eat it four or five days straight. I love it. You know, it's really good.
Speaker 5: The sandwich sandwich.
Speaker 2: Get a little sandwich with white bread, white bread and the dressing and the turkey on the mayonnaise. And I like the cranberry. You know, it's really good.
Speaker 3: If you take your dressing up a notch, put oysters in there and bake the oysters in the dressing while.
Speaker 4: It you know what the Italians used to put in it, Italian sauces.
Speaker 2: I like both those ideas.
Speaker 5: See see yeah, yeah it's good.
Speaker 4: It's you know, look which Okay, here's the last question of thanks having which cranberry the stuff in the can or the stuff with the real cranberries in it?
Speaker 2: The above for me? Pass? You don't like cranberry, Pass, love cranberry, so pete it depends. I will have both of my plate because I enjoyed both. But for my sandwich, the canned cranberry, because i'll slice it much better. I'll slice it and put it on top of the turkey.
Speaker 5: It's better anyways, but it's much better on the sand.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the best. And I don't like you more coverage on your turkey. Well, I'm not sure how they get it to be that gel. You don't want to know, I don't think so, don't read the ingredients. But it is so good.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny you say that because I saw one of the places will Will you know they have those around, But they're selling a sandwich that's like the Thanksgiving sandwich. It's a Thanksgiving meal on the sandwich with that exact stuff that you just said. It's got the turkey, the stuff, and the cranberry, everything right on top of the sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have a little mayo too. You gotta have mayo on it, salt and pepper if not anyone cares. But my sandwich is white bread, mayo, salt and pepper, turkey, cranberry and that's it.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: My wife likes having the stuffing if she makes me want to eat it. But if I make my own just to.
Speaker 5: It's gotta be on a roll.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 5: You can't have a white bread kidding me.
Speaker 2: White pread makes it easy.
Speaker 5: Perfect.
Speaker 2: So so now now what Jaguars six to go? What happens if they win? Question?
Speaker 5: I want I want to ask this and I want you guys to answer it.
Speaker 4: Honestly, if you ask the majority of fans in Jacksonville if they would rather have the number one overall pick or win more games, what do you think they would say?
Speaker 2: Fans would all say number one pick.
Speaker 5: All of them to it to the majority of person.
Speaker 2: Now if you're asking them on Twitter or an everything on x is also they want they want at times burn everything down to pitchforks around the pitchforks are out, so I think most unfortunately, at least the fans, at least the fans on X in my timeline, in the in the mentions eye get are focused on first overall, pick and they're coming for people and heads roll heads wrong. So right or wrong, that's where they are.
Speaker 4: But and they'll probably be. Honestly, I don't usually agree with the fans a lot of time. I love the fans, but I don't know a lot of times I don't agree with them in this scenario.
Speaker 5: They might be right.
Speaker 2: Now, but I mean, if you're a player in the locker room, you want to win. You're trying to win the game whatever.
Speaker 4: You want to You want to go out there and you want to play well and you want to win period.
Speaker 5: You don't care about next year, the year after that.
Speaker 2: This is about you.
Speaker 4: You want to go out if you're if you're Brian Thomas, you want to go out and catch ten passes for one hundred and sixty yards and win. Anybody wants to win. That's that's understandable. Nobody, nobody could blame any player at all if they didn't, if they weren't going out there playing to win, is what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Listen, you can't tank in the.
Speaker 5: Can you get hurt?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And those guys they're they're playing for Like you said, Pete, it's the personal thing.
Speaker 5: Those guys.
Speaker 2: Most of those guys don't have guaranteed contracts, like the film matters, what you do matters, like they're.
Speaker 5: Gonna go hard. I'm with you, Tony, you go play.
Speaker 4: But but I say, in the grand scheme of things, the majority of people outside the players and the coaches would rather have the number one overall pick than some crappy two wins down the stretch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would, so I'd agree with you, Pete. I think coaches and players don't care about the pick who you're picking, like they don't care. They're they're worried about trying to win a football game and keep jobs.
Speaker 3: But they're still mathematically in it. When they're mathematically out of it.
Speaker 2: Does that it does not.
Speaker 5: Win always want to win.
Speaker 2: But that might change around me and twelve going into the last game my rookie year. Yeah, and I'm pretty sure if we would have lost that people, we might have had the number one overall pick number two. There's only one pick better than too that's number one, number one. But if you would have asked me, if if he would ask me, he's like, hey, do you you know if you lose, you get to the number one pick. My response is, I don't care.
Speaker 5: You would have yelled at me get out of here with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care, Like I want to win a football game, like the amount of work you put in as a player and as a coach. I'm sorry, Pete. Can we do the Besseli impression again? Get what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Get out of here. You're stupid. You're being stupid, Pete.
Speaker 2: He sounds just likencanny. It's pretty good, Pete. It's pretty good. That's well done. I can't I got nothing, no come back. But they don't care. They don't care about what pick like, they just want to win because like these guys, these coaches and players put too much time into it. And if you, if you put if you, if you invest all that time, Pete, and then.
Speaker 5: You lose, it's just miserable.
Speaker 4: But I will say this, part of me, part of me wants them to lose every game because I want to see a franchise have the first number one overall pick.
Speaker 5: For you three times in five years.
Speaker 2: It would have never happened in league history.
Speaker 5: God, when you think about that.
Speaker 2: It's not that funny, Pete, it is.
Speaker 5: You gotta laugh at the misery of it. Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make it gallows before we go to break, I got something. I'm gonna lock something right now. Oh I thought we were done with locks? Is hold on now? Ready? I lock right now? Get ready, Joey come back? No right now? No, we'll do when I come back, because I want to make sure that Joey's ready. That's a good boy.
Speaker 5: That's a tease, j P. Did you tease?
Speaker 2: I know, I got, I got where you go and tease. I didn't want to tease it. I wanted to come out strong and just make a statement and shock everyone as we went to break. But I don't think joe.
Speaker 3: In fact, we could probably hold this until you know, about five forty five doing it.
Speaker 2: We're doing it next segment, before we take the moment, before we take fan questions. We can't wait.
Speaker 4: I mean, if it's if it's nothing more than guaranteeing and win, who cares.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's a big build up for Let me tell you why this is a seasonal lock.
Speaker 5: Big Captain Sunshine Rainbows up there.
Speaker 3: Let's get this commercial break out of the way and get back so we can hear this lock from Tony was selling. It's jack Wars Happy Hour presented by mister Chubby's Wings.
Speaker 5: I mean, we got to keep working.
Speaker 6: We gotta keep we gotta keep you know, trying to put our as a staff, put our players in position to make plays on the field, and then ultimately the players, you know, execute the game plan. And again last week was about, you know, trying to find ways to do that, and you know, we're gonna we're gonna implement some things and really kind of get back to some things that I think we're successful to have been successful for us, and you know, uh, whether it's you know, rhythm, tempo, whatever, you know, to try to try to get things going. But ultimately, we just got to we got to focus as a staff, as players and just just continue to do our jobs.
Speaker 3: That's the head coach Doug petersond the full press conference at Jaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube from earlier today. Welcome back. It is Jaguars Happy Hour JP Shadrick, Tony Boselli. We're at the Hyundai Studios of the Miller Electric Center. Pete Prisco is not he's down in South Florida, CBS Sports Senior writer.
Speaker 2: So next year, Pete, I want you to figure out your camp schedule. And we have a long time to do this, but we need you to have a camp schedule where you're we do the show one time, the three of us in the studio. Oh yes, and we'll just we'll play. So we'll get the schedule where you're here on a Monday during camp and we'll do the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good. I'll do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that. We'll hold you to that, and people do it. He always comes up here. He's always got to plan it proper.
Speaker 5: I usually come early though, and we don't start.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna that's why you're gonna change it. You're gonna come late. We should come both, like early and late.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'll come. We'll do that next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be fun. That sounds like a plan to me. Now, Okay, we've got questions coming out.
Speaker 5: Come on, let's get to the lock.
Speaker 3: We fanatics fan questions coming up in a moment. However, Tony, you've built up this lock like it's the biggest lock you've ever had. I don't know what this is about to come out of your mouth. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a little disappointing. But my lock is this. I guarantee you we will not have the first pick, meaning we are going to win at least two games, because right now we're the worst record. I think everyone else has three? Are we the only team with two? I believes what the Giants doing? The Giants have three. I believe.
Speaker 4: Right now the NFL draft order, Jacksonville's Giants have two wins.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I guarantee. So I'm just gonna guarantee head to head, by the way, in a few weeks, I guarantee you, Pete, we will not be the first team in NFL her history to have the number one overall pick. Three out of five years. You can lock it, take it to the bank.
Speaker 5: That's too bad, because that's it's better to have it. Man.
Speaker 2: I wasn't saying my preference. I'm just saying I just don't see this team. You think they're gonna win some games. I think they're gonna win games. I don't know if I think.
Speaker 4: They beat it, even if they beat the Giants, that would probably take the Giants out of it, because I don't think here, here's the here's the Giants schedule you ready? I mean the Giant schedule is Dallas this week at Dallas.
Speaker 5: When or not.
Speaker 7: Saints home loss, Ravens home loss, at Falcons loss home against the Colts loss, and then at Philly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they win again.
Speaker 5: And if the Eagles don't need nothing, need that game for anything, do.
Speaker 2: You think Tommy Tommy DeVito stays as the quarterback. I can't believe they're not going to Drew Drew Locke.
Speaker 5: Because there's incentives in this contract.
Speaker 2: You know that Cutlets, Tommy Cutlets.
Speaker 4: Don't care about when they're trying to get the first overall pick. They're the smart team.
Speaker 5: But you're probably right.
Speaker 4: The Giants probably don't win another game. So so Jackson might win one or two.
Speaker 2: I think they win three, three or six.
Speaker 5: Well they could. Let's let's say, okay, could they beat the Texans? Sure?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 5: They probably not? Go ahead? What's this then? Go through the schedule JP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll give it to you. The Titans, they're gonna they're gonna.
Speaker 5: At least minimum split with the bare.
Speaker 2: Minimum split the Titans, right, Yeah, Texans this week at Titans home against the Jets, they're gonna beat the Jets, and the Jets are terrible. At the Raiders, they're gonna beat the Raiders.
Speaker 3: They're terrible home against So it's it's it's Desmond Ritter as your starting quarterback and Raiders.
Speaker 2: Did he get hurt?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he focused clavial.
Speaker 2: And then home against Tennessee week seventeen. Yeah, they're gonna split the Tennessee games. And then at the Colts. Yeah. I think the Colts, I think are going to be playing for something.
Speaker 5: What if what if they ran the table? It's not happening, but what if they did the Jaguars and we get him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What would that get him to?
Speaker 2: That would get eight wins? Eight nine?
Speaker 5: Eight? Might get in actually as the last wildcard team.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Now, all of a sudden, Pete, you're saying what we've been saying for an hour and twenty.
Speaker 5: Running the table. They're gonna lose more than they win.
Speaker 2: A way they're gonna do it. It doesn't matter. They're gonna walk. Will you lock six straight wins?
Speaker 5: Hell?
Speaker 2: No, I think this see I'm just telling you I think they I think the they're gonna win three games at least. If Trevor doesn't play anymore this year, they're not gonna win another game. They're done. I shouldn't say that's mean to mac Jones. There's nothing I've seen with mac Jones.
Speaker 5: It's not mean, it's reality. It's a football evaluation, not being mean.
Speaker 2: I just I've seen nothing offensively with mac Jones at quarterback that gives me any confidence that they can get anything going.
Speaker 5: He throws it out of bounds a lot.
Speaker 3: And so, depending on the scenario, okay, better than the alternative.
Speaker 4: It's just funny how it went from like before he ever played there getting something.
Speaker 5: A mistake.
Speaker 2: I made a mistake. I mean, listen, you told me, you told me, you told me Christian Ponder was going to be an All Pro quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a bad evaluation. You had already seen mac Jones play. I got an even worse one.
Speaker 4: Logan Ryan, the former Patriot, works with us on Sunday, the week mac Jones was starting.
Speaker 5: He was trying to say that he was better than Trevor Lauren.
Speaker 3: Gosh, guys, let's get some fanatics fan questions now so we can get a two for the price of one around the NFL this week. Since there were those Jaguars games game, there was no game, so we'll get double. NFL coming up and Jaguars fans gear up at fanatics dot com with all the latest jag styles. Shop now get today's special offer. Fanatics dot com officially license everything CAC signal out early. Here's the best we've come up with at totally chat. If Trevor comes back this week and the Jaguars beat the Texans, are we back?
Speaker 5: What does back?
Speaker 2: Meat? No, you're three?
Speaker 5: No, you're three and nine.
Speaker 2: How's that?
Speaker 5: Best seasons? The season's been in? Just a failure? No, pete does it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go back to your question. If you win six straight. I'm not saying they're going to but if you win six straight, what does that do for you? Evaluating the season, in the building and the organization, staff, everybody, what does that do for you? Does that change anything you feel for me? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, okay, no, but what if they Now, if they won six straight and got into the postseason and won a couple of games, that would change something.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just forget about we don't know about posseason, but.
Speaker 3: This is one six straight with the roster they have right now, with all the injuries they're dealing with, what.
Speaker 5: If we stop?
Speaker 2: What injuries? What injuries are the The whole defense is healthy, they have no injury.
Speaker 5: Well, the second round pick has a bad angle, wink wink. What injury they have?
Speaker 2: Christian Kirk on offense? Yeah, and et should be coming back? What injuries we should be coming back for the year.
Speaker 5: Robinson got hurt yesterday?
Speaker 2: Did he really?
Speaker 5: I don't think it was everybody. I don't think it was major, but he got He did nothing when he was helping.
Speaker 2: Tell he's a starter on offense. To Davis talking about he's trying to sell me game, telling you there's no injuries.
Speaker 5: Stop there's an injury.
Speaker 2: Okay, urts out for the year. That's two injuries. That's nothing compared to the rest. The Detroit Lions lost their best player on defense. Yes, and they're ten and one.
Speaker 4: Hey gave Davis. This is the first game gave. Davis has been out, by the way.
Speaker 2: And for you and for you to say injuries, this team is not injured compared to the rest of the league. You want to look at injuries. Go look at the forty nine ers. Let me reword it.
Speaker 3: If they get out of their own way and win six games, that's a fair point.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 5: That just got games, which is which isn't happening.
Speaker 4: Then they probably could make the postseason as then it changes the narrative, But it doesn't change.
Speaker 2: The narrative for you, Pete. You're still running everybody out of here.
Speaker 4: This is funny how one bye week washes the stink off from the worst loss in the history of the franchise.
Speaker 5: Because do you remember the last time they played football?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Sody, I'm not I'm not doing with JP. JP was making excuses. Pize the one that said they're gonna win six in a row.
Speaker 4: I've had multiple Pece, They're right, they're not gonna win three of the last six.
Speaker 5: How about that luck.
Speaker 3: That of the last six it'll be less than that for Pete people.
Speaker 4: But if they're lucky, they won't win any of them will have the number one overall.
Speaker 2: That's people like, tell me I'm wrong though, or correct me if I'm wrong, because I've heard that someone else said this to me, And JP just said, well, this teams so injured. If you compare this to other teams in the league, they're not very injured at all. You have all eleven defenders on the field. You're missing on offense. How many games have starters missed? Etn missed two, Lawrence miss two, left guard miss left guard missed one, Kirk missed Fox four three. That's not a lot of starts if you look at I mean, like, yeah, the offense has been beat up. When you lose your quarterback, that's huge, no doubt about that.
Speaker 4: And by the way, with Etn, it's still debatable whether he's the number one back.
Speaker 2: Any fair enough, but defensively outside of Tyson Campbell early tell me what like, yeah, you're right, you're right, I'm wrong, you're right. Thank you. That's all I need here. They can move on. Question, that's that's bad tea.
Speaker 5: It's a bad team.
Speaker 2: Next bad team.
Speaker 4: But look at the bright side, you probably draft a running back in a third round.
Speaker 5: Add another one.
Speaker 2: That's thanks Pete at sick night.
Speaker 3: Well, I was Mike Caldwell fire is the DC when his unit was the main reason they started off last season.
Speaker 2: Well, so let me frame this question because it's a fair question. If you look at the when they were eight and three. The defense was having some issues, but they were making up over because they were getting turnovers in bunches and they were getting off the field. And then the turnover stopped and the music stopped and they were lost six to seven is basically how this went down. But when they were losing late, there was a lot of blown coverage and blown assignment play like it was just not it was ugly explosives kind of like this year. Well now they leaves I believe, or they're one of the worst team in giving up explosives. But the question is not fair because I mean not unfair because the first half of that season that defense was making things happen by by being ballhawks and turning it over.
Speaker 4: Well, they went from a bad situation to a worse one basically. I mean, look, Mike Calwell, the feeling was he was wasn't ready for that, was wasn't wasn't the guy for the job. So you make a change and you go get another guy who clearly is it the guy for the job. I mean, let's rotate another fourteen guys in on the field. So I just think I think that the whole thing is a disaster. When it comes to the defense. And you know, you look at that defense, you normally you would say Tony and you would agree this. You got two good defensive ends. You're gonna have an impact on the offense at some point. But because they can't stop the run, because they're not good in the middle, because they give up so many busts, they don't and they're good players. Trayvon Walker's a good look. I'm critical to pick. They should have taken a hunches in, but Traymon Walker's a good football player. Josh Heinz Allen's a really good football You're not get the sack numbers, but he's a good football player. But because they can't stop the run, it's and they're bad right up the middle. Think about it. They're bad all the way up the middle. They're not good up the middle.
Speaker 2: We've talked about it. Aren't good.
Speaker 5: The linebackers aren't good in the safeties of my bad right.
Speaker 2: I mean pens points right. When you can't stop the run, it's really hard to play defense.
Speaker 3: Let's get one more question then fanatics fan question and it is from at sam I am sheer one. What are the PFF by week grades? Any hope for US fans.
Speaker 5: I mean, is that seasonal grades.
Speaker 2: I think they're asking for the season. I think they're looking at what in the year's passed. We did a review, but I didn't want to do it this year. I think they were being the smart alect is what I think you think, So that's what I think.
Speaker 5: I don't I think they really want the grades.
Speaker 4: So I'm just gonna look them up and you tell me what you think about the highest graded players on this team. Who do you think the highest graded player on offenses for the year.
Speaker 2: On offense, I'm gonna say Brian Thomas Jr.
Speaker 5: He's second, Trevor's first. Who's the highest?
Speaker 4: Cam Robinson is still the highest rated offensive lineman, but that's not good. Behind him Ezra Cleveland and then Sheriff and then way down is uh?
Speaker 5: The center hasn't The last couple of games for the center haven't been great.
Speaker 2: Mitch Morse, how about defense?
Speaker 5: There's your offense? Aw about defense?
Speaker 2: I think did the I would say the two highest are the two ends, and mind consider the defense overall.
Speaker 4: Josh Heinz Allen's number one, Devin Lloyd is number two, and I think that has something to do with his run defense. But Lui con is number three and Trayvon Walker's number five, really four because Braswell's number four and he had played.
Speaker 2: Can hurt for a little bit? Yeah, okay, there's another. Are they healthy?
Speaker 5: He's back. You were saying they got if.
Speaker 2: They can win because they're so beat up, and that's not.
Speaker 5: True, right Jape. You name a player, he's gonna say he was hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not talking about the past, talking about now, talking about moving forward.
Speaker 3: Speaking of moving forward, let's come back and do that and we'll actually we'll look back while we move forward. All at the same time, we'll go around the NFL things that happened yesterday in the past, but we're.
Speaker 2: Moving forward in the show.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a conundrum of sorts and music fans. The twenty twenty five season Daily's Place is right around the corner, and get ready for the timeless classics of Rod Stewart. Now that's a heck of a show. I went to that last year and the soulful sounds of Teddy Swims. More artist announcements are coming soon. Headed dailiesplays dot com for tickets and show info at Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Mister Chubby's Wings Welcome back in his Jaguars Happy Hour, JP Shadwick, Hall of Famer, Tony Vasselli and Pete Prisco, CBS Sports Senior Writer. We're on ten to x L Jaguars dot Com Jaguars YouTube. Coming out of the bye week, heading into Texans Week. I cause my cleats this week. Tickets available Jaguars dot Com Slash tickets for the Jaguars at home against the division rival and division leading Houston Texans this Sunday. We will go too for the price of one around the National Football League, and we start off with Thursday, the Browns over the stealing a game twenty four to nineteen, the snow Globe game. Pete hated it.
Speaker 2: I called him out on x Yeah.
Speaker 5: It look, it becomes a survival test. It's not football. It's crap.
Speaker 2: No, that's football, pure football.
Speaker 5: You know it's not you know, he.
Speaker 2: Reminded, Uh, Kurt Warner has similar feelings to you about games played in the elements.
Speaker 5: He's smart. He's a smart Manaker Warner.
Speaker 4: By the way, the Browns are considering a new stadium in the process and where they might put in.
Speaker 2: They want to put a roof.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna see no more snow games other than in Buffalo because they won't put a rum.
Speaker 2: You know why. Kurt Warner says, I never asked him about this, but I mean he played arena football and then he played in Saint Louis in the Dome. Well, I want to be careful because I remember hearing the second I read it somewhere, and so I think, and that's why.
Speaker 3: The success in both places indoors so and I could be wrong because I.
Speaker 2: Think it's a quarterback obviously.
Speaker 4: Then he played in Arizona tractable room. Well, yeah, because it's football. You get to throw the ball around. It's not a survival test. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That was football too.
Speaker 5: That's that game.
Speaker 2: In the element. I wish there was no covering some football them all outside of Jacksonville in September.
Speaker 4: Well, how come when it's one hundred and twenty degrees out and they're playing in South Florida.
Speaker 5: Nobody ever says that game is supposed to be playing in the elements.
Speaker 2: Elements, that is the elements.
Speaker 5: It's awful.
Speaker 2: It's a break, okay, terrible. One of these days I'm actually listen, I'm being a hypocrite because I'm excited about the new stadium here having a roof over it into being in the shade. So I'm a little bit of a hypocrite there. However, I did enjoy watching Thursday Night's Great Television, Great Team, and I thought it was a It was a very interesting game in Pete. I want your opinion. I think you'll agree with me. Maybe some of the worst game management by Tomlin at the end of that game.
Speaker 5: Would you have what would you have done in that scenario?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I use my timeouts better so I'd have more time.
Speaker 5: The timeouts were terrible.
Speaker 4: What would you have done on the would you have declined the pedaltryo?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would have too. Here's the other part of it. The NFL botched the rule.
Speaker 4: The call because just because the ball touches an offensive linement doesn't make it illegal touching. It makes it because otherwise you just throw it at an alignment every time when you're getting when you're getting pressured, and therefore it overrides the They acted like that overrode the intentional grounding. If it's intentional grounding gets a loss of down. It's fourth down, no matter what. Remember they ruled that it was illegal touching.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you why. This is why I believe they did that because he got hit. Because he's be getting hit and so it impacted the trajectory of the football. And so what I'm just.
Speaker 5: Saying, so that that's why they.
Speaker 2: That's the rule. But that is the rule. That's a judgment call. If a quarterback's getting hit and it sends the ball off, he guys no control, then the intentional it's not intentional grounding any loong.
Speaker 4: I agree most of the time, if a guy's getting hit, it is not intentional grounding.
Speaker 5: The ball flies somewhere else. He was throwing it there.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think it's a judgment call. It doesn't matter, but it did matter, would have been fourth No, No, he doesn't. It's I don't think they broke the rules. My point, Steelers gonna win the division. You look at that, You look at the Steels schedule, Pete tough. They got a tough schedule down the stretch.
Speaker 5: And they're flawed.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, when we think of the Pittsburgh Steels, what do you think about run the ball, play good defense and pass rush right, yep. They were average four yards per carry it going into last week, so they're not a great running team. And there's middle of the pack in sacks per game, so they're not a great pass rushing team. So they don't we know, they don't throw it that well, so they're not a great throwing team.
Speaker 2: So what do they do?
Speaker 5: Well, they're well coached, that's what they do.
Speaker 2: Bengals, Browns, Eagles, Ravens, Chiefs, Bengals. That's the Steelers schedule the rest of the way.
Speaker 5: And the team nobody wants in is the Bengals. You don't want them in.
Speaker 2: Well, no one wants to play them down the stretch either. Chiefs over the Panthers thirty to twenty seven. Closer than I thought than anybody thought. The Chiefs are flawed.
Speaker 4: Pete very much so. And they they went and got a left tackle. DJ Humphreys is coming, so that's good for them. They need a left tack.
Speaker 2: How'd they get them?
Speaker 5: Well, he's on the.
Speaker 4: Street because he got a torn acl last year and he's now healthy back ready to go, so that's important.
Speaker 5: But they're flawed. You're right, they're not great on they're not great in the quarterback position.
Speaker 4: That's been a you know, they had injuries there and that's been a concern of theirs.
Speaker 3: Vikings over the Bears, who scored seventeen to fourth quarter points to tie the game with no time left on a field goal and then lost in overtime to the Vikings thirty to twenty seven.
Speaker 5: And Caleb Williams was better, He was much better.
Speaker 2: What happens to Chicago with Everflu's coaching change.
Speaker 4: They make a change. You know, here's the thing about the Vikings. The Vikings went out on the road, didn't play particularly well in any of those games, starting three straight road games.
Speaker 5: That's hard to do in the NFL.
Speaker 4: They went and one at Jacksonville, went and one at Tennessee, and then went and one at at Chicago.
Speaker 5: It's hard to do. They did it.
Speaker 2: So what's their record now? Pete eight?
Speaker 5: Yeah, why do I don't think that?
Speaker 2: Why do I get the feeling that it's gonna be one and done for them in the playoffs?
Speaker 5: I tend to agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's the team everyone wants to play in the playoffs. The Vikings line them up.
Speaker 5: You believe in Sam Donald. That's the question.
Speaker 2: That's Tony. Does I know Tony, my guy. Tony's all about some Sam Dark Big Sam Donald fan huge. That's see baby Big Caleb williamsan too, I see apparently so. Titans over the Texans. We've discussed that thirty two to twenty. That would surprise me. I did not see that coming.
Speaker 4: Will let us play good except for one stupid pass where he got picked.
Speaker 2: Sixth isn't that every week though, Pete.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was this one. But he got eat sacks in the first half. His line's really bad, by the way.
Speaker 3: Lions over the Colts twenty four to six. We've discussed that. The Dolphins over the Patriots thirty four to fifteen. It wasn't even that close. Patriots scored fifty.
Speaker 4: By the way. Let's let's give I'm gonna give to us some credit because the guys come back off that injury.
Speaker 5: And he's been outstanding. But now he's got to prove a game that we all know.
Speaker 4: The Dolphins are good when they're playing at home or playing in the warm weather. But now you got to go to Green Bay at Thursday night, it's supposed to be snowing.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to imagine that I.
Speaker 4: Don't mind a little bit of snow, because you know what that a little bit of snow makes it offensive football.
Speaker 5: I don't mind that.
Speaker 4: But when it's a when it's you can't even see the field, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: But they have the anti freeze at Lambeau. It's not like you're gonna have snow in the field, Pete. Like it's gonna melt off if anti freeze, like through the underneath stuff you put in your car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's a whole system, a warming system under the field. So like anti freeze from your so I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think so so they've had on that field in the past.
Speaker 2: I don't think that, let's come back, we.
Speaker 5: Get that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's terrible, how about Pete? People out there at least I saw an X and I think they're Boston people calling for Jardoe's job already.
Speaker 5: That's it's that's crazy. I mean, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like it wasn't like he was dealt the most talented roster either.
Speaker 5: But here's the other thing about it.
Speaker 4: Though he says some things like once I get on the field, it's out of my hands, why would you even say that, Well.
Speaker 2: You and I would agree with that, Jimmy's and Joe's. At that point you call the play. They gotta go ask you.
Speaker 5: I know, but you can't say there's certain things that are taking it out. You're taking it off yourself.
Speaker 2: That's right and there and JP there's certain things that are true, but you still don't say what to the press like that, Like Gerard Well, he said, it's like out of my hands. You just don't say that, even though it's true at some level, right, it just is not a good look.
Speaker 5: It is true at some level.
Speaker 4: But then you also the players that people could sit there and say, okay, well you didn't get them ready to play.
Speaker 2: That's my part. There's a certain things you just there's no in it. By the way, according to this NFL dot com official website article, in nineteen ninety seven, the Packers replaced the coil heating system with a series of underground pipes filled with a solution that included andy freeze.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, but there's that. It doesn't mean they can't get snow on the on the.
Speaker 2: I didn't make it up, you said it was. I didn't make it up, said you? Made it up, he said, I said it. I did you.
Speaker 4: You said they don't have snow on the field because of that, and you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, but I didn't make it up. Do you think is there any other kind? And I don't know. I don't drive any heavy machinery. I have no idea what he puts in his chickhood. No, let's come back. We'll go around the rest of the league. What a show it's been. It's been something. It's been a show.
Speaker 3: It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by mister Chubby's Ways. Welcome Back, counting down final minutes of Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Mister Chubby's Wings from the Honday Studios and for eleven years, Dreamfinders Homes has been proud to call themselves the official.
Speaker 2: Homebuilder of the Jags.
Speaker 3: Visit dreamfindershomes dot com for all the available inventory and go Jags two.
Speaker 2: For the price of one.
Speaker 3: I'll look around the NFL continues, JP Shadwick, Tony Biselli, Pete Priscoe, the Buccaneers over the Giants, who are awful.
Speaker 2: Thirty to seven. The final score are the Bucks for real. Let's get Tony's Mike come and Pete. Yeah as Pete, can you hear me?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I hear you.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna win the NFC? Sound? I think it's the Bucks?
Speaker 5: I do too. You look at their schedule.
Speaker 4: Their schedule is favorable the rest of the way, and they're getting healthy too.
Speaker 5: They're the best team.
Speaker 4: They should have beat the Falcons the first time in Atlanta, and then the second time they had played toe to toe with him, and they had all those injuries.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I think it's the Bucks.
Speaker 3: This is the wildest ending I've seen in a long time. Cowboys over the Commanders thirty four, twenty six, And remember at halftime it was three to three game.
Speaker 4: Crazy And when you look at it, they allowed the Cowboys let the eighty yard touchdown pass with thirty two seconds left in the game, and then they missed the extra point. But not only that, they gave up a two kickover two returns or two touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Bought kicks were two returns? How did the Cowboys give up an eighty yard or with thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: He hit McLaurin in the seam and like there were about four guys standing there and he just ripped right through them on the sideline.
Speaker 5: It was terrible.
Speaker 2: He got one block and then it was down the down, the sidelining, and of course they hooked the extra point. No good. So the Cowboys are now four and seven, and Pete, you said, you think they have they're not out of it.
Speaker 5: Well, they beat the Giant, they'll beat the Giants.
Speaker 2: Giants, so they'll be five and seven. They got the Bengals. That's a tough one.
Speaker 5: Tough one. Where's that game at?
Speaker 2: Uh it's at home, and they played, but they played terrible at home. They're terrible. Are on the road.
Speaker 5: They're not a good team. They're not a good team. But go ahead and keep going.
Speaker 2: Who else they have Carolina? That's at Carolina. That's a when right, Tampa is a tough one.
Speaker 4: The Tampa Dallas game could end up being one of those because the Tampa Dows, the Tampa Atlanta loser could also be the last wildcard team.
Speaker 2: And then they got Philly and Washington to finish it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you look at you look at the the West.
Speaker 5: Those two those teams are eating each other alive out there. What's going to win the West? In the NFC?
Speaker 2: Well, the leaders are six and five right now, and you got the forty nine ers who are struggling and beat up. That's a team that's beat up. Jpan, Well, I'm just explaining when they're missing you know, their top receiver, their best left tackle, their third quarterback.
Speaker 4: McCaffrey missed all year. McCaffrey missed all year, the same Ayuk is out for the year.
Speaker 2: Ye. So Seattle in Arizona six and five, leading the division rams forty nine and six.
Speaker 4: And the Seattle and Arizona play each other next week. Again in Arizona, they played back to back weeks, no next the following week. This week is in between. Arizona plays at Minnesota. This week Seattle plays at the Jets.
Speaker 2: And right now the forty nine ers are in the worst position because they're one and three in the division.
Speaker 4: Well, not only that they play at Buffalo this week. It might not have party.
Speaker 2: What's Purdy's injury is his shoulder, throwing shoulder. I think so yeah, that's not good, not good.
Speaker 3: Broncos over the Raiders twenty nine to nineteen. Of course, I meant you've done for the year, broken collar, bone, head to head matchup coming up in a few weeks.
Speaker 4: It wasn't playing very well before he got hurt, and who's the uh, who's the star going to be?
Speaker 5: Uh? Desmond Ritter?
Speaker 2: Are we sure about that.
Speaker 5: Unless they go get Daniel Jones or something to playoff this.
Speaker 2: You know who's on that roster as a quarterback? Carter Bradley. Oh yeah, just a's kid. He's on the roster. Former Jacksonville High school kid coach Carter former South Alabama Jaguars, South Alabama Jaguar.
Speaker 4: He's on me and Ridter went in it was really bad. He's not very good. So who knows. Maybe they'll give Carter Bradley a shot, and maybe Carter Bradley can beat Jacksonville and ensure that the Jaguars get the number one over pick. Then Carter Bradley would be like the all time Jacksonville High School heroes.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine when we play the Raiders of Carter Bradley's the starting quarterback. Yeah, no, I'm just I mean, I'm not saying he is. I'm just saying he's on the roster the quarterback when he's a kid.
Speaker 5: He's not awful. By the way, who Carter Bradley?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't say it was no Seahawks over the Cardinals. Sixteen to six. Eagles beat the Rams of course last night thirty seven to twenty.
Speaker 2: There you have it.
Speaker 5: There's a look a one seventh straight. Can you believe that they're.
Speaker 2: Hot right now? Who's stopping Saquon?
Speaker 5: Anybody with that offensive line is gonna be hard to do.
Speaker 2: Can they beat the Lions? They're gonna have They're gonna have to go to Detroit most likely.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But here's the difference between the Eagles and the Lions. The Lion Eagles can rush the pastor when they need to, but they did lose Graham.
Speaker 2: Did you see that he looks Graham for the trip.
Speaker 4: I'm not so sure that the Lions can rush the passer consistently without Hutchingson. If the Lions had Hutchinson, I would think they'd have a real shot to I think they'd be the favorite.
Speaker 5: They are the favorite to win it all.
Speaker 2: Did Zadarius Smith give them anything?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he gives them something, But it's not him. That ain't him. No, No, I still think the Packers are a threat.
Speaker 2: Do you think they are?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: I think the NFT title game is going to be in Detroit. Eagles Lions. I'll watch that. That's what I think I would watch.
Speaker 4: And then you can look at it and say this, if you don't call a reel route to a third string running back Jacksonville might have ended that streak the Eagles had.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could do a lot of ifs and butts in that game.
Speaker 4: But Dunstan was an awful team right now, and they should have beat the Eagles at Philly.
Speaker 5: It could have beat the Eagles at Philly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, could have not should have? Yeah, they could have. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: Monday Night football and it's a battle of contending teams in the AFC. Lamar Jackson, Derek Henry and the Baltimore Ravens take the number one offense in the NFL to SOFI Stadium in La in a face Justin Herbert and the LA Chargers. It's Harble Bowl three. John versus Jim John won the first two. Maybe the lights will stay on this time. Who you got?
Speaker 2: I think it's it's gonna be a really good game. And the Ravens have issues on defense. I think the Chargers get this.
Speaker 5: I think the Chargers get it too. I think you're gonna get a little loose. Here's the thing about the Chargers.
Speaker 4: They're really little and you know what Derrick Henry's gonna do against really little defenses. I mean they're three hundred pound three hundred pounders in the middle. They're linebackers that are playing the night are to twenty five. I think this might be a Derek Henry go wildnife. But I do think Herbert's playing out of his mind by the way. I think the Chargers find a way to win. I'll take the Chargers as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with Pete.
Speaker 3: There you have it, pixer in and you know what, Tony, I'm gonna take you up on your Thanksgiving up.
Speaker 2: You're gonna come over. I'll tell you, I'm gonna come. I'll tell the boss you're coming.
Speaker 5: He wants fried turkey, fried turkey.
Speaker 2: No, he will want the companionship. I mean he wants to come hanging. So we're hanging out. Pete gave Jack gave I gave.
Speaker 5: Him a little about that. He just blew off his other friends that he already agreed to go.
Speaker 2: He said that I can I have a car. I can, Pete. I gave JP a little insight on the itinerary of the day, and He's like, I'm coming over. I'm in, I'm all in, Pete Fellas, Thanksgiving Thanksgiving, guys, Hey, Happy Thanksgiving. All the Jack fans out there.
Speaker 3: Is Pete Prisco, Tony Macelli, JP Shaddick. Thanks to Joe Fortunato, Brent reeber Our entire crew. It's Jaguars Happy Hour
Speaker 5: Six