Speaker 1: Because we used to sign up for the potluck open mic and then go get burgers and wait until to see whose names made the list, and then we'd watch our friends go up or whatever if we got called, and uh, the guy I always got a Veggie Burger and a Rootier and the guys like I went back recently and it had been years, like pre COVID, and the guy still remembered my order, and I was like, I fucking love you, dad, because like I made friends with him because I'd go so often. It's there's like such a warm feeling being a regular somewhere like.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, that's cheer song hit. Yeah, where everybody knows your name? Do you want to? Man? I do that at the coffee shop and I'm like yeah, when they say it, I come in like fucking cheering. I'm like, you know what time it is? Miles has entered the building with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if I died, at least one person would be.
Speaker 2: Like, I wonder if I wonder if Veggie Burger died, I wonder do you even know your name?
Speaker 1: Eating your face?
Speaker 2: Yeah, root Vetchi Burger, Rutbeard, Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three fifty five up but so three of the dailies. Guys, that's a production of iHeartRadio and guess what. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Wednesday, September eleventh, twenty twenty four, said national day. Let me look those up, so that means it's National Hot Cross Bun Day. It's also National Make your Bed Day and Patriot and National Day of Service and Remembers Ever Love to Day. Okay, so thanks so much. I was like, I was like, I know, I'm forgetting something. That's the Hot Crossbun Day. Colmest fuck that up. My name is Miles Gray aka the Lord of Lacersham, the Showgun with No Gun aka Jurassic or the Washed World Jurassic fart. Shout out to ut James McDonald on Twitter, because look, I'm gonna be forty on Sunday and I'm just having I'm letting the wash this take over me. And yes, I really that resonated with me, James, So thank you for submitting that over Twitter. It is the washed world I'm entering, and I am thrilled. We see if you're here my voice, that means you know, there's a guest co host. Aha, and that means today I am joined by none other than a fantastic comedian, writer, performer, scientist, if I may activist, a general good person. You can catch the monthly at the comedy show Facial Recognition Comedy. The next show is actually going to be on September twentieth at the Comedy Store, So please help me welcome. I know you're listening, so you can't. You know, she's not gonna hear you, but let's all scream in our cars or wherever we are listening to this podcast. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Probably good over my, oh my god, I am hearing you screaming, and I will not answer your prayer.
Speaker 2: Scream harder, Folly, thank you so much for joining me. It's been so good just to see you so frequently. We were talking about how our our in person meetups are infrequent and such. Such is the case when you're doing a remote podcasting.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: But and you are a floating head in person, I am, but at the appropriate height, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, I just have a small I have a puppeteer operating the body for me, but the head. You know, if everybody sneeze it just goes right off my body and then they have to, you know, adjust.
Speaker 1: It's like the headless Horseman version of that Hey Arnold episode or did you ever see that?
Speaker 2: No, I see that's generationally Yeah yeah maybe. Uh are you savvy, Alison? What are you savvy of that? Reference?
Speaker 3: You do know?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I know, Hey Arnold.
Speaker 2: I love I know football head but I don't remember the headless Horseman one.
Speaker 4: There's headless Horseman. There was there was monkey Man, there was Stupid. There was so many great like sidecare.
Speaker 1: Classic characters, so good. It reminds me of Batman, the animated series, because they like created all these awesome villains, but it was in the hay Rold universe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, hey, let's just get right into introducing the guests. Rather than me checking their credentials over whether or not they know about the Hey Arnold universe, I should be introducing them. Our guest today is a very talented comedian improviser. You may have seen them on stages across the country performing comedy, or maybe on social media doing one of the best impressions of Kamala Harris. You can find out there. They also have a fantastic podcast, The NK podcast, which you know, tackles a lot of like the news, but with a funny tone, which we love around here, don't we, folks. We love that so much. Please Welcome to the guest seat, Alison Reesmemberoero Beer. Alison Rees, Welcome.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, of course, of course where you coming to us from?
Speaker 4: You you're also in la I'm also in Las A Angela's Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, where are you from?
Speaker 4: Originally nor Cal and Arizona?
Speaker 2: Ok? Yeah, I clocked. I felt like in one of your videos it's felt very Arizonan. I feel like in one of your videos, I was like, that looks like the Southwest, and it.
Speaker 4: Is, and it is so like this heat wave we have right now. I'm like again, yeah this again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I know recently what like Arizona had like a hundred straight days of one hundred plus degree weather or something something something.
Speaker 4: Absolutely yeah crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well look it's great to have you, Allison. How how is everything? I mean, I got it, like we were talking before you do a Your kamala is fantastic. That laughing, your vibe doing it, it's fantastic. And as I was asking, I'm like what's the wait, you know, like in an election year of being somebody who has an impression that everyone's like the do the do the laugh, do the thing, do the thing? How are you? Like, I mean, because you did. You started this like five years ago doing the impression, But like, what's that evolution been?
Speaker 4: Like, it's been so wild because like, yeah, it started out just like a thing I was trying out, and then it like stuck and like it was the only thing the algorithm would push out of, like my stuff, and I was like, I guess this is what I'm doing now, and then she was the nominee all of the sudden, and it's just been absolutely insane and it's not lost on me, like the weight of political comedy, even though it wasn't exactly the thing I was like attempting to do, it was kind of where I found myself. But yeah, it's been it's been a ride, and it's definitely been like like, oh God, gotta be careful, Gotta be especially in this day of misinformation out there. Gotta be correct.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of the times you're posting like this is a parody, you dummy, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes you have to say that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she said that.
Speaker 4: Was I did a can I cuss on here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you want? Okay? Great?
Speaker 4: I did a parody where I was like, what kind of country do we want to be? Country spelled c o u n t r y or country spelled c u n t r y. I posted it on Twitter and the response was, oh my god, I can't believe.
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, no, this isn't real.
Speaker 4: Did not say fun purpose?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, pretty kind of her to do that, you know, to be.
Speaker 2: I mean, because she's Warren Bratt out Brat summer is over the pulling hard. You gotta harder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta serve serving, serving punt fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least serve different than Joe Biden, because I think that's the that's the trouble that's currently I think manifesting in the polls is a lack of differentiation. But Allison, we are going to get to know you a little bit better. First, we're just going to run down some of the story are going to talk about today. First, My god, man, the fucking Republicans. They really, I mean, I don't know why I'm acting surprised, but they're they're back to the well of racist misinformation blaming immigrants for all the failings of capitalism. Uh so we have two very fucking wild examples of this from JD Vance and one from Aurora, Colorado. We'll check in with one of my favorite performance artists I think of this century, Rachel Gunn, also known as the breakdancer Ray gun from Australia. You may remember her world changing performance at the Olympics. She's currently the world number one ranked breakdancer and people are like.
Speaker 4: What, yeah, no, and that sounds wrong.
Speaker 1: I want to hurt myself in front of her and change the directory of her life.
Speaker 4: Traumatic event.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah remember this, fam you, Yeah, this is what what you did to me. But yeah, but apparently it's a loophole. So we will explain that loophole because it's it's not because she we all saw that. I mean, I think she's again fantastic performance. Are terrible breakdancing, but apparently she was. That was real breakdancing according to her. And then we'll talk about the youth, the younger people, gen Z. They're helping to normalize sick days in this country because as a geriatric millennial, I can tell you I thought it was a badge of pride to walk into a job like half dead and be.
Speaker 3: Like, no, I made it, dude, I cocked in.
Speaker 2: I'm all good, dude. But now we've things have changed thanks to younger people normalizing the fact that we shouldn't fucking die at our job. But before we get into any of that, Alison Reese, our esteemed guest, can you tell us something from your search history that's revealing about who you are what you're into right now?
Speaker 4: Ooh yeah. One is karaoke songs.
Speaker 2: Ooh, we love that I had.
Speaker 4: I went to a this weekend and they had like it was all online so it was so easy. And the other thing is a tutorial of the parent trap handshake. Oh yeah, and then you do the and it's.
Speaker 1: A great epic movie.
Speaker 2: This is the Lindsay Lohan Parent Trap. Oh yeah, see, I'm old. I'm like the original one, the old Disney one from the sixties or whatever the hell that.
Speaker 1: Was the ground parent Trap.
Speaker 2: You've identified the old Oh that was a fantastic movie from the original. I just remember that house that the dude lived in was so fucking nice. I was obsessed with the house from the original. But wait, what, I didn't know that see again.
Speaker 1: The twins do it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's like she's at a camp and her like Butler picks her up and it's all like formal and they're British, and then all of a sudden they break out into this like secret handshake that goes to this song, and it's really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank god for YouTube because I'm refreshing my memory and I now I'm saying, man.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, now the now the search for the handshake is gonna skyrocket sky.
Speaker 4: I did a live debate parody at UCB this past weekend and the guy who played Trump learned the handshake, so that when the first thing we did that and we were like, immediately after, oh yeah, we had the music, we did a little handshake and then immediately we're like, heye, joy, guys, you smell bad, Like, oh yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Butler kind of low key looks like Vladimir Putin from this Greeny video. That's wild.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Laddipoo really fell off.
Speaker 5: Bladdipoo is serving a sick day's serving like you're hiding an illness.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I don' want to be messy. I don't be I see that's what they see how is telling us? And then the other one karaoke songs? Did you were you because you were trying to figure out what you were going to sing, like you don't have us go to? I can you go to?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: It was like their directory was like on a website.
Speaker 2: So you're just saying quite literally, that was the last thing, because I thought you were just being like karaoke songs for me to sing for my friends so they know I am okay at singing, but you know, I need to start that.
Speaker 4: I have one from a friend and some of them line up with my with my tastes, but I'm like, you need to build my own. And that was the thing. Everybody at karaoke had their own like notes app list of like karaoke.
Speaker 1: Oh you went to you went to karaoke with like musical theater or theater kid?
Speaker 4: I absolutely did. I absolutely went with my musical friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that they're like pissed at each other. They're like, you're seriously doing torn right now?
Speaker 4: So for Realody like she's singing this wrong, and I was like she is singing it wrong, and I yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, wait, so what's your song? Just so I can get that out the way.
Speaker 4: Oh this Girl is on Fire by Alicia Keys.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, damn you got you got pipes? Huh you got pipes?
Speaker 4: You know I can do an attempt at an impression of Alicia Keys. That's like pretty.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, because I'm guessing just based on your impressions. You're a gifted mimic. So you yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like you still have to like like, I feel like you can still belt it. Let me do my version go off, girl is on Fire.
Speaker 2: Or whatever that run is like that.
Speaker 1: I was like that you said, like go off like you are a Julliard judge and you will be presenting off.
Speaker 4: I encourage you all to go off.
Speaker 2: Please go off?
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: I won't make you do it, but you know off, Mike, do you want me to do it? Let me hear it? I just would. I feel like you got pipes.
Speaker 4: I feel we'll see watch me be so bad because this is like the I don't sunk today at all. I'm not a singer, okay.
Speaker 1: Either, this goodness, fuck you, this was a trap.
Speaker 2: Wow okay, so rude, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna real singers should not go to karaoke, Just studios record your little album number one hit if you don't sound like a gargoyle that gargled a bunch of cigarettes before you went up. I don't want to hear your karaoke. Okay, this is for us and the toilet trash people.
Speaker 2: I feel small, Okay, I don't want to feel small after hearing your little fucking impression killing.
Speaker 1: Do you know it's gonna be on fire after your little singing, your fucking garbage, because I want to feel bad about myself. Okay, here to doubt all of the trauma my therapist couldn't handle.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You know that's why I keep a dead Christmas tree in the back seat of my car, because once you put that thing under someone's car and light it, it's all over. Wow. Okay, damn Allison, I knew it. I heard it.
Speaker 4: I heard trick? Is I mean if I sing? I don't know my own singing voice for the most part is the trick because I'm like, but what's mine that's doing that?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: I need you to do I need you to do a sketch where your Commo and you're looking in the mirror and the mirror is slowly breaking and you're like, but who am I? And then the laugh comes out but your mouth isn't moving the one in the mirror.
Speaker 2: Oh you all do that for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, special, This is like my own cameo. That's the only reason I got into comedy for whatever?
Speaker 2: Are you on? Cameo?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I am?
Speaker 4: And I actually just got a new phone and never re uploaded that app. So I think I'm backlogged on my camera.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, like make seven thousand dollars right now by just singing this Girl's on fire. What is something you think is underrated? Alison?
Speaker 4: I think I think hats as a show of femininity is underrated. Oh I think fems wearing hats is underrated. Why did I immediately go to like church lady hats? I feel like that is very a vibe. Yeah yeah no, I mean like like I have like bucket like these bucket.
Speaker 2: Yes, but just like like a camp cap. Yeah what do you call that? Justin a six panel a five panel and we call it a camp hat? I think, yeah, yeah yeah, wait, so what about uh what about the trend of like big brown felt hats that that was my trend?
Speaker 4: That wasn't felt hats. I don't even know that people.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not like the Pharrell Vivian Westwood gigantic hat, but like, you know how like you see those like pumpkin spice latte type fall white women photos and everybody got like the big felt brown like you know, the big brown brimmed hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cowboy hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah, Coast Christian yeah, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah exactly base dope. Would you ever wear backwards?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I like to wear hands to consider it.
Speaker 2: I was like, how far are we going?
Speaker 1: I've never Yeah.
Speaker 4: The lesbian in me was like, it's not practical to wear it backwards, because then how am I getting the shade?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: That's not what?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah I would wear it backwards.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, just for the record, just want to get everything. I try to.
Speaker 1: Her, Miles, Yeah, here, Ada this to the side, like I would fresh prince.
Speaker 4: It like I'm gay, but I'm not gay.
Speaker 1: I'm gay, but I'm not nineties derogatory Gay's gay.
Speaker 2: Shit, Alison, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Veneers? Oh my god, I hate veneers.
Speaker 1: I just looked at the difference between a crown and an implant and a veneer, because dental implants are now being where they just fucking screw in whole teeth instead of like shaven dad, people are getting implants instead of veneers.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's like instead or if it's like older people who don't have teeth anymore. Like, I don't know what the audience is, but I saw an advertisement for it. I was like, wait, what's an implant versus a veneer? And like the crown is when it's like on top, and then the veneer is when they shave it down and then they put a whole thing around it.
Speaker 2: Look, implant is like fucking screwing infrastructure into your bones and then implant goes in. That's for like, that's when you actually need a legit tooth replaced after like an extraction. That's when you need to TikTok and go hiking, not like chewing like pieces of chick lits in your mouth type veneers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's what I mean. I mean, get veneers if you need veneers, but there's like a just like when they're you don't need them. Yeah, it's a trend, and I'm like that person's teeth where they were fine.
Speaker 1: It also looks like everybody's starting to look stranger and stranger. Yeah, and that's part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like a class thing, right yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and which is trickled down now to the point that you have janky as veneer texts who are like, I know they said that ship could be like fucking thirty thousand, but I'll do them for five grand. Just come to my house. Do I have training? No?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I saw a night mayor TikTok where this woman was like I they gave her veneers on accident, Like what she was like at some shees somewhere getting something done and they started to shave down her teeth and she's like, what are you doing? And there was like some sort of language barrier or something, and they like shaved down her teeth when they weren't supposed to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, Yo, that's fucking wild. Okay, yeah, that would be the biggest What was that uh old comedy show they used to be on where the woman actually they had a baby and there was like an immaculate conception, but she went to the wrong guy. No appointment. Jane Jane the Virgin. I'm thinking just said Jane the Virgin, but the version with Miles.
Speaker 4: That show you get the answer right, but you never say it explicitly.
Speaker 2: It's the show when the woman goes to the guy no appointment, but the one person get in the insemination and she got that instead and then that guy you know yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that that show. That show. Yeah, don't ask to be right recent film or TV. Yeah. But Near's the other thing too, is I always see like the like it always happens when comedians get like blow up, like comedians usually you know, when you're in comedy, it's really it's really not about your looks, your your your your craft is your.
Speaker 1: Ability to take for yourself. I have no talent. And it's like.
Speaker 2: Have you seen her luscious hair? Oh my god, but she's so unfunny bad hair. But yeah, oh exactly, superroducer Katherine in the chat exactly. Steve Carell had the hairline blow up. We all saw Joe Bluth. You know what I mean. Job's Job's hairline has done quite uh an absolute recovery too. But I feel like with comedians, like they enter the game kind of being like yeah, man, I'm just like a comedian. And then like I remember Amy Poehler's teeth. Amy Polar didn't have. Her teeth were unique. I remember when I was watching her on the original UCB series on Comedy Central, and then once she got on SNL, that like SNL glow up kind of thing happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In her book she talks about how they were like fix your teeth, Like what the fuck, It's just like so weird.
Speaker 1: Like that's also like very much. I'm I'm a Real Housewives reality TV show addict, and like that's very much like a thing like they could tell like as soon as you get money from like the fixed like party B always made her fix her teeth or like she finally got money and fixed her teeth, and like I'm watching Real Housewives of Atlanta, and you can tell as soon as they get money, they all start looking different.
Speaker 2: It's like everybody's got to get I mean, yeah, it does feel like sort of a weird class signifier too at a certain point, because like if all the celebrities have this look of veneer mouths and everyone's like, oh I want I want that.
Speaker 1: God shank god that it's a class signifier in the US. But it's the one thing British people did right. They will always have fucked up teeth and thank God for.
Speaker 2: That, you know, Yes, that's They're about equity. They're about equity.
Speaker 1: The only.
Speaker 2: I love, Love the teeth, Love the teeth. All right, Well, we're gonna take a quick break and we're gonna come back to talk about some good old fashioned racism, all right, right after this and we're back, so quick check in with the Republicans. Uh. Just the JD. Vance is currently I think, in an attempt to rebrand himself as the racist conspiracy theory guy rather than just the racist guy who probably had sex with couches guy, And he posted some real, fucking, absolutely fucked up misinformation propaganda nonsense about Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio. So what he pointed to he tweeted this sort of thing like a video of him at a hearing like earlier this year, and he was basically claiming that because of the influx of Haitian immigrants in this town, there's they are the reason for the lack of affordable housing and services, and now they are eating the pets of local residents, They're abducting and eating people's house pets. This is like some absolute graceful, dehumanizing shit. Yeah fishing, yes, yes, yes, he says. Reports now show that people have had their pets subducted and eaten by people who shouldn't even be in this country. Where is our borders.
Speaker 1: Are given the fucking number of stories we've heard of from Republicans about how they've abused their own animals late like, yeah, they're Haitian immigrants are not who we should be worrying about for the like the neighborhood dogs. A tweet I saw that was like it was probably.
Speaker 4: Lady in the running for VP for Trump.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Christine Nome. Yeah yeah, yeah, no, yeah yeah, She's like, yeah in the room together, No, no, do not don't even let them go into nail.
Speaker 1: I actually heard that's how they controlled the wolf population in Yellowstone was Was they just let Christinome loose.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like, oh this one bout She's like that was that was a b Sean freeze. That was someone's pet. You're like, I don't know, I don't know. I'm just saying all of them can get it. I don't give they can get Like why are you looking like this governor. So again, I think like most people are like, what the fuck are you? Is this guy talking about? Naturally? Elon Musk and Ted Cruz like we're amplifying the message. Ted Cruz posted a meme of kittens hugging each other said please vote for Trump. So Haitian immigrants don't eat us, are they?
Speaker 1: That's actually like the first fucking thing I saw about this store, which is like, okay, So Ted Cruz's tweets is like all that people will understand, like, yeah, it's so fucked up. It reminds me of that. Do you remember that recent like Venezuelan gangs and we're getting to that store.
Speaker 2: We're getting to that. That's all part of this, that's all part of this ship because like that story, right this one. You go, okay, so where's let me see some receipts? Fam like, what the fuck are you talking about? Don't say fucking there are reports of this shit. So when they pressed, you know, like his camp for being like, hey, where's the fucking proof they were their response was basically some form of look, man, he's just like sharing what people have like told him on emails, but like, we don't have those emails just anyway, like that's just like what that's just like kind of what the vibe is right now, and like what are y'all for real? But the thing is, according to local police there there has not even been a single report or even complaint about even a pet abduction, let alone someone.
Speaker 5: Fuck Evans is like they haven't heard yet, they heard you. Just wait, they're gonna get reports. They'll get reports. But again, like most.
Speaker 2: Things that come out of the you know, xenophobic fear mongering that the Republicans do it, it's absolute bullshit and like it's funny because this is actually one of like if you remember that story from last week about how these Russian operatives were paying like right wing commentators to like just you know, regurgitate a bunch of pro Russia stuff. Like one of the talking points that they were going into this sort of mission with was to get all these different talking points disseminated by the by conservatives, and one of them was illegals are invading and ruining the American way of life and taking away opportunities from the white American people. Again, most fucking experts would argue that, you know, outsourcing from companies and the buying up of single family homes from companies like Black Rock are probably a bigger contribution to the people's financial situation than the mere presence of people who are not from the United States, but that what they do.
Speaker 1: So I will say that there have been issues caused by people not from the US that do affect American citizens and their pockets. Specifically, my parents won't give me money and.
Speaker 2: She's bothering me for another grandchild, you know, So that's.
Speaker 1: Like something I'm dealing with with these fucking immigrants. And technically now, but like I'm still like they totally had a new maybe or whatever.
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet somehow, like even though you're joking and you actually put a video clip out that like out like that, they would be like you see, even their own kids, they're.
Speaker 4: Like what they're they're very they're very good at like cutting out around the context. Yeah yeah, and being like look at that, look at how stupid and crazy and look at and that's your report report show.
Speaker 2: Right this own kids know this own child, this child hates immigrants and it's her own mother. Okay, that's how bad the situation is, folks.
Speaker 1: That's that's yeah, this child wants wants to have therapy with immigrants, and it's her own mother.
Speaker 2: This young man wants his mom to acknowledge that, you know, anxiety is an actual thing rather than it's just being quote, you're being lazy, Like why are all the.
Speaker 1: Talking points about how immigrants don't have enough mental health resources?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, but like to your point, right, the last racist freak out we saw in the last couple of weeks, if you watched Fox or any other right wing news, you probably saw a headline about.
Speaker 3: Venezuelan gangs taking over entire apartment complexes, and they said that these gangs from Venezuela were kicking people out of their apartments so they could put Venezuelans.
Speaker 2: In there in their place, or they're using it to be run entire organized crime rings. I'll play this clip where you can hear directly from you know, Jesse Waters, how this whole thing was described, talk about again, how this was also nonsense. Open borders in Sanity's wreaking more havoc. Officials in Aurora, Colorado are setting up a task force after terrifying video emerged of a vicious apartment invasion allegedly by a dangerous migrant gang.
Speaker 4: That guy looks like evil Philed Dumpy. Oh my god from Modern Family.
Speaker 1: He is very evil.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's that's that's Ty Burrell. Yeah yeah, look, hey, can I be back on the Can I be back on the Tribute team? I didn't go? Who looks like the nice version of Jesse Waters? But yeah, so again, this was going around everywhere Aurora, Colorado Venezuelan gangs because Venezuelan migrants are here and they're taking over and they're ruining everyone's way of life. But guess what that wasn't the truth. The people who live in that apartment building, they had like a press conference to sort of set the record straight as to like what is actually happening. And this is kind of how this all went down. This is from a local news report in a role that's crazy.
Speaker 4: What's going on now?
Speaker 6: Maryor MII Coffin says there have been conversations of an emergency order to take over the complex, but he says that's a last resort now. Those who live there, they tell us they have had no issues with gang activity, but say the real crime is the horrible living conditions they've been dealing with, like the mountains of trash, bed bugs, and even mice. And they say all of this happening without any help from the property management company. Now the management company, Cebe's management also oversaw the Nome Street complex that was shut down last month. Now, the city shut down Nome Street because of code violations, but the management company says that they couldn't go in there and actually deal with the code violations because it was overrun by a Venezuelan gang.
Speaker 2: So wow, so fully live.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was this on landlord's story and then they just like spread it and because they had like issues with other buildings. And now it's like a Republican talking point, which is insane, but still not as good as like how the couch fucking rumor came to me?
Speaker 2: Because even people went or they they're taking over apartment complexes. They're like, nah, all it took was a few people like I live here, No, that's not happening. But the couch fucking You still can't you still can't get that stain off JD. Yeah, I can't wipe it off.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but that's but that's like, it's so like insane. This proves like two things of like how desperate landlords are and like these management companies to get out of like their own bullshit, because like to blame people in bad conditions for those conditions when they are paying their rent when they are like paying for better conditions is like super fucked up. And then also the Republicans are just desperate for a story, like they're pulling at anything.
Speaker 4: It's so interesting how their whole thing for so long has been here is the issue that people actually care about. How do we scare them in another way and link it to here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: How do we how do okay, you're concerned about a all right, cool? How do I scare you about C?
Speaker 2: And then say it's a you know well, and it's always it's always a form of you know, like just doing this kind of racist shit to be like and again you know why because brown people showed up as like their whole sort of like playbook yep, but like to really get into that story. Right, So this slum lord who's running these buildings, right, who we heard in that new report had another building shut down. He's like, well, Venezuelan gangs did, That's why there were that's why this the plumbing doesn't work, And I leave people in untenable situations. That slum lord hired a Florida based PR firm Okay to cut missing off. They specialize in cancel culture issues. What they're like, they're like a skullduggery. They're like a fucked up outfit that they're like, hey man, you need you need to run some weird disinformation, you need to wiggle your way out of some problematic shit. We're your people. They're based out of Florida. This is who they found to do this, and they work together with like a legal firm to like put this claim out there, like in this legal claim quote unquote, it's like third party, it's like, well, this person heard from another person that it happened to someone they knew that this happened. That is that was taken and then that was taken as the gospel truth and made into a headline. But again this was all done in the interests of this slumlord. Why well, many of the apartment buildings they own have terrible problems, Like they mentioned in there, the sewage trash is piling up, There's all kinds of problems with the units that aren't being addressed. There's bedbugs, mice, and the city again, like as mentioned, written them up from multiple code violations and it was so bad in one of the buildings, hundreds of people were mass evicted because of the neglect in the building, and they have a class action lawsuit against this management company. And that's when they're like, yo, bro, we need to figure out a way out of this. Can we just say it was Venezuelan gangs and that's why I'm a slum lord, right right? So along with this, the Republican mayor of Aurora says, this isn't a real thing. Even the police, who love to fucking scare people into thinking there's a fucking crime wave, they're like, yeah, man, there is not. We don't see anything that suggests there's any kind of gang takeover at these apartment buildings, let alone even like these neighborhoods just people looking for cheap housing. So again, it seems like both immigrants have been blamed for the failings of far Now.
Speaker 1: Jdie Vance is like, I hate cops and I hate Republican mayors. Do they like that? Is it's I don't know, it's just like so wild that like I still can't get over that they just blamed Venezuelan's in general, just because there is like a population of Venezuelan's there.
Speaker 2: But it's that easy, right, right, But then you tell any of the people who live there, they're like, this is like an open carry state, Like this isn't like some like this is like a story that you would love like normally be like in California, they would love a story like that. They're like in California because they had their sanctuary cities. These gang I mean, they've run stories like that before they've taken over. But for the people that lived there, like this isn't even close to happening, and just peop The cultures also a little bit different.
Speaker 1: I watched this video of like a guy, a YouTuber who like what was commentary on his video, but he like went to investigate himself and he was like speaking in like really like not good Spanish, asking people questions, and he was like asking if there were specific gangs. I forget what he called what the names were, but he looked up like some Venezuelan gangs and was asking and they were like no, we just like aren't living in the best conditions, and like we just want that to stop. Like that was like the general vibe of it. But he was like definitely, like I'm gonna go into this territory and see if, you know, if I get hurt or whatever. Like that was like his thing. It was so stupid. It was like literally just like give them money and like housing.
Speaker 4: This all reminds me of the Black Jeopardy sketch on SNL, where it's like, when you.
Speaker 7: Look at the real problem, we're pretty we're pretty care about the same things until you get to like race, right, and because then your one side is being told a bunch of fucking lies and like stoking those fires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's I don't I mean, this seems to be their favorite playbook, especially in an election year, so I'm not sure we have any reason to think it will slow down. But again, like now Republicans are like doubling down on all this and they're like this is all like JD Vance, He's like, hey, keep sending the cat memes. We love them, like not even addressing just the terror.
Speaker 4: It's so so funny how they're really trying to like up their social game through like means and shit, because the Harris campaign has like done that kind of effortlessly.
Speaker 1: Thus, far.
Speaker 4: Their version of it is like because there's.
Speaker 2: Also like a bunch of like ship posters who lean left, who are just like, yeah, dude, here's a fucking meme, whereas like the stuff the Repulicans post are like this brown person will kill your fucking grandma and eat them. And you're like, that's not a same dude, Dude, you miss the plot. Like the plot is so lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's like if Kendrick couldn't rhyme, you know what I mean. It's like, yeah, you're like Kendrick, back off, dude, whoa, you're getting so dark.
Speaker 2: Everything doesn't have to be is everything? Meet the grams because this isn't like a fun song to listen to. It's really freaking me out, no man, So yeah they will, they'll continue there, bullshit. Let's check in, uh with ray Gun.
Speaker 1: I refuse.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a quick one, but I don't know, it might be a long one, but you know what, let's check in with ray Gun. After this break, we'll be right back, and we're back, Paula, it's time for you to do battle with your arch nemesis Rachel so Much aka ray Gun, ray Gun.
Speaker 1: You can't believe you're you're platforming. Someone's so problematic.
Speaker 2: How I love the platform break dances. I just I think he's a great Otia.
Speaker 1: I think I should take a walk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you take a walk about. Went to Ularu. I went o breaked our brokedwns all the way to Ularu.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're too good at that. I'm scared a big rock.
Speaker 2: I've never been to Australia, but I always hear people talk about Ularu take a big rock or some shit. Ozzie's like gang please correct me. But anyway, the breakout star of the Paris Olympics, ray Gun the Breakdown, as we remember, failed to score a single point in the breaking competition, but she's currently the highest ranked breakdancer in the world. That's because she won the quote quote won the gold medal at the twenty twenty three w d SF Oceania Championships. It's like a regional So the wd SF is the World Dance Sport Federation, which is the governing body.
Speaker 1: Game. It was everyone else sick like when I know, I'm always I.
Speaker 2: Mean this, this story was always like odd because I know I remember at the time people were like how dare she? And other times I'm like, how dare them putting her up there? Like she's pretty out of sorts to be like, I didn't. I didn't see it necessarily, like as nefarious of a plot in terms of just seeing how you know, like white people aren't able to fail upward quite easily. But I didn't necessarily see her as like trying to be like and I'm representing break. I mean, she her life is terrible, it sounds like now. But all that to say, she because she won like this qualifying competition. She got one thousand ranking points and that's secured her spot in Paris. But other qualifying events and the Paris Games themselves do not factor into these rankings apparently, and that is by design so that athletes can focus solely on the Olympic qualification without stressing out over rankings. So basically what's happened was like within because she won this qualifier within the last year, and there weren't other like sort of measurable or like ranked events that happened since then. Even the people who who won gold, they weren't in events that would actually count towards this ranking. So all that to say is this is only because like of the timing of her last win. It just has she just has more points on the board. That's all going to change in October.
Speaker 1: Did she do that intentionally?
Speaker 2: No, I think it's just the timing of the rank, like that's just when that event.
Speaker 1: No, But I mean was she like, oh, like, no, I'm gonna go if I win. Is that why she entered?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: Do we know what Allison Stoner thinks of all this?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness? Yeah, yeah, I remembers the Elliot videos.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, or like go was it you got you Got Served? That series of movies she was in the later she was was, she was like she was, she was a little sister was in the step up that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got served?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was like a whole dance. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched all of them, all the step ups. I watched all the dance because I was I used to dance, and I was did you ever get Darren's dance grooves?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 2: This was and took me back.
Speaker 4: My sister loved like in Sync and Backstreet Poison. Knew all the dances and stuff. And she's the oldest, so like the rest of us kind of like fell in line behind her. Yeah, brother got Darren's dance grooves and he was the choreographer for all of those like big pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like bye Bye Bye. I remember that was like the way they were selling it. You're like, you want to be able to do the bye Bye Bye choreography, we'll get checked out.
Speaker 4: You're in dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. But anyway, so like again, it's just the it's like it's merely like that's why like this the organization's coming out. They're like, look, it's just because these other people's qualifiers. It's been over a year, so those points don't count. The clock is going to reset come October when we have another official event. But you know, we'll see. Who knows. She might come out. She might come out with some new moves, you know what I mean. She might do she might do push ups up there.
Speaker 4: She like actually a bad dancer. You were saying she's a performance artist, and I keep hearing different things.
Speaker 2: No, I say that flippantly. She is a performance I'm sorry, my dead pant sometimes sounds like I'm being serious, but no, she she's just like she's like she's just like bad.
Speaker 1: She's an academic, Like yeah, studied it, Like, yeah, she was like some sort of like professor or something, and she's like thirty six and she she like has studied it academically.
Speaker 2: But she's You're in the Department of Media Communications, created of Arts, Language and Literature, Jesus Macquarie University, a faculty of.
Speaker 4: Arts, and smart people can be dumb. So that gives me hope. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's like anybody, look if smart people can be dumb, smart people can be dumb as a dumb person can be smart.
Speaker 4: Exactly loopholes.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're gonna say, I'm so silly. I was gonna say, like her her husband was like her coach or something, right, yeah, or there was some like he also break dances and I saw like a super clip of him break dancing and they were like, they played, is somebody gonna match my freak over it? And he was just also awful. Oh maybe it was. I don't know. They were like maybe he was having like these moments and they just captured those.
Speaker 2: I mean, I will if you read this story right. Her husband is the one who encouraged her to get into break dancing, and must be awful.
Speaker 1: It's always away.
Speaker 2: They can't even dance. They can't even dance.
Speaker 4: I would like to see them battle a toddler like dance battle, because I thinks all have the same like they're just they're just even at the knees.
Speaker 1: There are some like actual like not toddlers, but like like five year olds that are actually like insanely good at break dancing because they're so their cetera of gravity is so low, so they can do like a lot more stuff than like if they were in their adults.
Speaker 4: Physics behind your.
Speaker 2: Specimen to commit to this, that's why you must be a breakdancer. But yeah, I like, you know, she like apparently she did though pause her breakdancing career to complete her PhD, so she'd like, look, let's let's not I guess we should call her doctor ray Gun at this point. But yeah, she will probably be completely wiped off the rankings once they have another event where you actually have to be a breakdancer to win, because my god, what we saw was not great, So look, worry not be boys, be girls. It's okay. You know, We're Gun is not out here actually being number one ranked. Okay, anyway, now I guess we should talk about sick days because I don't have what's your polity? I know you're younger than I think is everybody you am? I the oldest one everyone. You just want to check everyone's work habits. Were you were you sick day users or sick days? Like I think they're gonna think I'm lazy and they're gonna fire me.
Speaker 1: When I was in science, I would be like I would sleep in the lab and they would think it was cool if you smell bad and wore the same clothes as the day before, because event you were working harder. If you were a lady who wore makeup, well that's just weird because why do you have time to do makeup and look nice. Shouldn't she be working?
Speaker 2: Should you be looking at this microscope?
Speaker 4: No one's got fired for taking a sick day.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Isn't literally illegal?
Speaker 4: It's literally illegal. I was a temp so I think it was like they had a way around it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But I like and that legally you don't have a sick day, and that legally you.
Speaker 4: Don't have a sick day. But like I was, I was like living in Chicago and it was also like one of the like coldest winters at the time, and I was like, I'm sick. It's horrifyingly cold. I need to stay home. And they were like, you're we're done, You're fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, apparently sick leave in the United States has gone up fifty five percent in twenty twenty three, and it's only been going up compared to twenty nineteen. And the people under the age of thirty five are just driving this trend. And it's not because there's an affliction that only affects young people, where the older people are are left free to work constantly. But there are a few reasons. So the pandemic obviously changed the way everyone feels about motherfuckers showing up at work sick because I remember back in the day be like, oh, you're sick, all right, Well that sucks for you, and then be like working shoulder to shoulder with somebody, and then as time goes like, yo, you're sick, You'll get the fuck out of here, Like what the fuck are you trying to do? Yeah, like you're trying to get everybody sick. No, no, no, no, we're not doing this today.
Speaker 4: I gave ten feet of space between me and this lady at Walgreens because she was sniffling. Yeah, yeah, oh she was buying a pregnancy test and I was like, did you confuse that with like a COVID to I didn't even want to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't dig too deep on that story. Who knows.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you're just you just are allergic to your baby, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's gonna be used. That one quote will be used by their right wing, like do you hear how they talk about.
Speaker 4: It, bod do you hear they talk about it?
Speaker 2: Do you hear how they talk about this?
Speaker 1: These people, they are going to blow them out, like snot through my nose? I jump.
Speaker 2: So the pandemic also led states to create eight or modify paid sickly laws, so there was basically so during the pandemic, there was more allowance for sick days, especially related to like mental health and obviously depression has plagued gen Z younger younger people at higher rates than older generations, probably because they are learning in real time more about how bad the world is.
Speaker 1: Probably because they're willing to get diagnosed.
Speaker 7: Mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mother, right, and it's I was diagnosed with laziness and not trying hard enough. That's why you feel bad because you're too lazy. That's why your dreams didn't come true.
Speaker 1: That's why you're sniffling.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's because you got your free fever.
Speaker 1: Get the fuck out of bed.
Speaker 2: You know, the fever are only gonna get worse if you stay in bed.
Speaker 1: You gotta burn that.
Speaker 2: You not not that it'll get worse, but it's like you should get around and move a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta move around. You gotta go run a mile.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: One time my brother told me, he was like, yeah, when I start feeling like I'm sick, I just get on the treadmill. And I'm like, we are not. I don't know how we were raised in the same household.
Speaker 2: Use that. I use that to take like liberties to become like a living mummy. Yet exactly my quick discovery plus on, Please I have reality to watch as I recuperate, my body recover. So anyway, Uh, the thing is, as we were saying, like when you as a tempt probably got fired because you weren't offered paid sick leaves. Because the United States is again we have the We hold the crown of being the only wealthy nation in the world that does not guarantee workers paid time off when they are sick, and almost a quarter of private sector workers don't have access to even one day of paid sick leave. So obviously, the lack of a federal paid sick leave guarantee has left it up to states to implement their own laws, and that weird implementation has just basically enabled experts to study the effects of guaranteed paid sick leave. And it turns out everyone wins when you have paid sickly. It's not like they're just going to stay home sick forever. And then my widgets don't get made, no, apparently, And I think this makes sense. Paid sickly helps workers as well as communities as a whole by quote significantly reducing the spread of infectious diseases. And even then, if you're like some asshole who's worried about your widgets getting made, look, it's actually good for your business too. Increase, it increases worker productivity, it reduces turnover, thus boosting your beloved economy. So come on, lay off of it. And a recent poll showed that what eighty five percent of Americans support federal paid sickly requirements, and that was before the pandemic, So that number is probably a lot higher given the realities that people are living in. So you know, while I think people have tried to implement this into like law, like in Congress, they have been apparently they've they've been met with heavy resistance from corporate lobbyists. They're the cause of and solution to all of their problems.
Speaker 1: Miles. I have a question, yes about this topic. What do you think widgets are.
Speaker 2: Widgets? I'm saying widgets as like a business class term for fake okay product mine.
Speaker 4: In my mind, it's a fidget toy, like fidget toys came to my mind.
Speaker 5: And like, oh okay, I was thinking about like the apps, like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like the way you're saying it, it's like they're they're little fingering on a line.
Speaker 2: I'm so old.
Speaker 4: There's like a record Ralph universe where they're just building it in the phone.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at because you're checking me like this, motherfucking what a widget is?
Speaker 1: Just like you know what a widget is?
Speaker 2: You know, somebody doesn't make those ships that you put on your home screen that tell you when the weather is the calendar to the widget mind back to make you making your widgets?
Speaker 4: Me Lord.
Speaker 1: Paid beld.
Speaker 2: No, that was just union yeah yeah you yo, yeah, the International Brotherhood of Widget Workers, you know what I mean, we'round here Local two twenty three. No, that's again, that's like from the one business class I overheard and I was here that in terms.
Speaker 1: Of on your way to drink bro exactly, dude, you know how it is, you know, yeah, suckers.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean again, like this is also just I feel like there's just a cultural issue, like I think we've all experienced where like, especially in this country, we've normalized the idea. It's like, yo, dying here is actually the dopest thing you could do, Like just oh my god, your body on the line. Cover that die. Oh my god, I did.
Speaker 1: This woman died in her cubicle and her body was there for four days because checked on her for four days. Her body was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gave a ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah how And it didn't smell to anybody that's smell like that.
Speaker 2: That can't someone I think that only know like at first when they smelled it, they thought something was off and they didn't realize they were smelling like acrizing, like a decomposing body.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's happened in Tempe, Arizona.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what'd you do? What you have to do with this?
Speaker 4: It's my fault.
Speaker 2: I should have.
Speaker 4: Spelled the body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, I thought she was I thought she's playing Heads up seven up. Yeah, she was just doing.
Speaker 4: Really good at Heads Up seven Up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I think, yeah, I think because a lot of people worked remotely and it was like, you know, part of the building where people weren't there.
Speaker 1: And I don't blame remote work for this one.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that's why nobody's in there. I'm not saying if someone would have noticed, she didn't die. No, I'm not saying that at all.
Speaker 1: If they if they worked, if they all worked remote, she would have been at home and her cats would have not noticed she died. And that's how she would have wanted it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly exactly. That story is really grim and also just how like adamized like workplaces are too where you're like yeah, no, then like I'm over here, or people don't even know, like who works for me? I haven't heard, I don't even know. We work for Wells Fargo Bank.
Speaker 1: That's just how like, in general, it feels like the answer to a lot of our problems are like community and community based solutions because like if people if the if people gave a shit at work or if people gave a shit at home or whatever, we would like shit like that would not happen if we were like checking up on each other more and have the ability and the time off to do so.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, it's like everything, you know, even with like housing and stuff like this, everything, if if we just get corporations out of it, like if they didn't buy up all the homes and we had again community based solutions to policing and like social safety nets and all these other things, Yeah, that would be that. I agree. I agree, And hey take those sick days.
Speaker 1: I've been shitting on my mom a lot. But she really was like the first mutual aid person that I know of like growing up, because she would like make food for like the old people in our community and like go to their homes and help them and like clean their like places, just like as a friend. Like all of that ship that is mutually. Yeah, immigrant parents taught us about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, oh so and so's you know, like aunt died, I'm gonna go bring some food over there. Like you know, you should have raisen a thing where at least, like you know, culturally, if there's a food is such a love language that Yeah, just like the first instincts, like I don't even have words, I can make food.
Speaker 1: I can bring that like child care, like people like caring for each other's kids when stuff happens, or you know that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: I wish that was just like I don't think I don't think anyone got the impression that your mother was a monster. I don't think that you would turn out of such a good person if you're thank you so I didn't. I don't want you to think, and I don't want the listeners.
Speaker 1: To think that the clip from the episode, yeah that such a good person.
Speaker 2: All of those they'll match them onto one omni take. But yeah, wow, it's like we help each other. That seems to be the solution.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wish that was so separate from like church culture too, like right a lot, but so much of like community is like outside of like gay culture to me is framed in like church, you know, and like I feel like this generation, my generation is not not like church going, but wants community and is searching for that everywhere to find it online, which is cool, but that's not the same as in person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And I think that's why you start. You're starting to see just like what that yearning for a community is, like how it's manifesting with like running clubs. I feel like that's a huge thing that's happening. More and more people are like, I don't know, like it's just it. You don't have to be a good runner, but like a bunch of people get together and I can just talk to a bunch of people over a shared interest and then afterwards people hang out and I'm that's great.
Speaker 1: Or that's why jay Z joined his walking club because Beyonce doesn't do interviews. Okay, she's working, so she cannot talk to him. He's lonely and he needs to go on his walking.
Speaker 2: Stroll. Yeah happens. It's not gonna happen. Well, Alison Reese, thank you so much for joining us today on the Daily Zeitgeist. Where do the people find you? Follow you, support you? Here, you watch you perform all that.
Speaker 4: Kind of stuff kind of you can find me on most social media platforms at Alien Reese Alien as an outer space and then Reese is in the Candy and.
Speaker 2: Alien not at all.
Speaker 4: I feel like an alien. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong.
Speaker 1: Do not come.
Speaker 8: You can buy me at Alien Rees and I have a podcast, the NK Pop The Antidepressants Do Not Come, and then I perform at UCB regularly.
Speaker 4: I'm doing a new show with them called Ass Sketch, which is like Ass Cat Cat but with a sketch alumni. We have Sherry Cola a couple of weeks here on Saturday the twenty twenty first, twenty twenty first. Okay, so yeah, come through that live show. It'll be really fun. Hopefully I'll get a Kabolo sketch in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, please come to that.
Speaker 1: If you want to murder me. I will be at the UCB show Onday the twenties.
Speaker 4: Who oh, that's real. I've had stopped. I've had to stop like posting where I get coffee because I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't post anything except for shows, because I don't mind you murdering me as long as you buy a ticket first, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly interesting, exactly.
Speaker 4: Very And I'm going to set everything.
Speaker 2: Let's be a show and it'll make a fantastic crowd work real that you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, murder, murder.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you're like, I thought this fucker off. He had a hatchet. He thought I was slipping.
Speaker 1: I destroy Seckler with his own gun.
Speaker 2: Yea with her gun, ray gun call an ambulance, but not for me. Okay? Is there a tweet or a work of media, social or otherwise that you're enjoying, Allison, there's.
Speaker 4: This content creator on TikTok who is a very feminine man who's like, I am straight, honey, I am straight. Bow. I lie love vagina bow and it is just the funniest fucking thing on the planet. And that's what I'm really into right now.
Speaker 2: Do you know the person's name?
Speaker 1: I remember this guy.
Speaker 4: I turned my phone off because it kept linking up to my garage band.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and you can. You can send it.
Speaker 4: We'll send it.
Speaker 1: It was so fun because they always have they're always responding to comments. They're like, I'm sorry, are you straight? And they were like, yes, I'm straight, honey, honey, I am straight.
Speaker 4: I love the titties.
Speaker 1: Bow.
Speaker 2: Can they find you follow you? Or are you gonna add to that? I need to.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but I feel like your obsession with that is I don't know. I feel like we're both probably having the same enthusiasm for these different things. But do you guys know Moodang?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Moodang is this baby hippo. I don't know what country. It's a it's I don't know if this is like it's a it's a type of hippo, a small hippo, and it's it's the one that has like all of the memes about it. Oh, I'm like obsessed with and so like I started liking the tweets about Moodang because people make their own fan art of Moodang because there will be is like but the image of them getting sprayed with water and stuff go viral and like become react memes, but people make their own canar and I've been liking like all of them. So like all of my Twitter it's just Moodang and Moodang fang fan art And I'm obsessed with this hippo and I don't know where he is, but I love yah.
Speaker 2: I was just looking at know your meme and uh. Moodang is a female pigmy hippo born at Caw Caw Open Zoo in Thailand this July.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh yeah, oh July. I feel like I've been seeing her picture everywhere. Goodness, I'm obsessed with I'm obsessed with her. I'm also like it's I don't know what it is about online hippos, but like the Cincinnati Zoo has Fritz and Fiona and another yeah, and I'm like constantly keeping up with them. I'm like constantly like quote tweeting this zoo because I wish I were there.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's because like the transition to adult, full grown hippo, You're like, I fucking with that, But like the baby, it's just like more accessible and can't kill you like a full grown adult hippo could.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, definitely, Like the lack of being able to kill me is something that I am enjoying. But then also I don't know, just hippos look so cute and I'm like what do they feel? Like? I know, dolphins feel like velvet, like they feel really soft, and like what what do hippos feel?
Speaker 2: What do hip?
Speaker 1: And also like there's I feel like all animals are puppies. Like every animal you give it a toy, it's gonna play with it, And like This isn't especially puppy like animal.
Speaker 2: Cute, but it's so cute. The amount of like folds is like impossible. It looks like an accordion. I really know.
Speaker 1: And it's like I will never have the impact on the world that Moodang has. He Hey, you never know it if you murder me. Yeah, SADAYPT twenty first Mile of Gray is gonna murder me.
Speaker 2: Come through.
Speaker 1: All of ucb's history forever we have an.
Speaker 2: On stage pistol duel.
Speaker 1: Amy Paula will never take the Emmys with that light in her eyes again.
Speaker 2: No, and I'm sorry to the four you built a great space for comedy, but we're murder But also I gave you a lot of money for those classes and I gotta get something back. Also, in fun fact, in Thai, moodang literally translates to bouncing pork.
Speaker 1: Oh, I kept being bouncing pork. Oh my god, I kept bouncing pork and I thought the people were being mean.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's actually and it's also a dish, the name of a soup dish, polity, where do the people find you follow you? And obviously, aside from the Moodang means, is there anything aside from the mood means.
Speaker 1: But tell us literally only that. That's all I'm watching. Okay, that's all I care about. Don't send me anything other than moodang.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: If you want to book me, send me moodang.
Speaker 2: Okay. That's on my rid, my writer writer, three moodangs.
Speaker 1: I'm at Paulovi Ganalan p A L L A V I g U and A L A N everywhere. We do have a facial recognition comedy on the twentieth at the Comedy Store at ten thirty pm in the belly room. Get your tickets now.
Speaker 2: All right? Uh and okay, I think we know that moodang is the thing that you are vibing with any work of media. No, I've I haven't really looked at my Twitter recently. I've just been playing that Star Wars game that I mentioned the other day. Look, it's not that bad. I really like it. Star Wars outlooks get into it. Let's you get to you have a moodang like like animal sidekick that you use to distract stormtroopers with its cuteness. So you know something to think about, Paula. Yeah, yeah, hoping stick with moodang. Okay, Okay, Well, I'm gonna come over with my bros.
Speaker 1: Please impersonators.
Speaker 2: I will not have any moo moodang usurpers put it. Yeah, so yeah. Check that out there. You can find me at Miles of Gray on Twitter and Instagram. You can find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Myles and jacko mad Boostie's. You can find me talking about ninety day Fiance on the other podcast for twenty day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra. You can find us at daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, at the Daily zeit Geist on Instagram. We got a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeit geist dot com where poster episodes and our footnotes for notes how to do my own call and response, where you can find all the links to the articles we discussed, as well as the song we're going to write out on today is Pipe's artist slosson Malone one, which is a project of an artist named Jasper Marsalis. You can probably recognized that last name because his father is Wynton Marsalis, the famous jazz musician, and his mom, I don't know for anybody who was raised around watching soap operas, but his mother played Drusilla on Young and the restless anyway, So what I saw those two came together to have a fantastic artist child. I was like, tell me more. But this track is called New Joy. His kind of music. It's really like experimental but not it's like familiar. I don't know. I just like it's really art artistic, which I really enjoy, and it's got like a it's really technically musically sound, which I think is really interesting too. So this is New Joy by Slosson Malone. Check that out. You know, The dailyes Eye Geas is a production of iHeartRadio. So for more, podcast radio is the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. We're gonna be back later today to tell you what's trending, so we'll see you then. Bye bye bye