Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Yeah, so, without further ado, here is the Weekly.
Speaker 2: We are three to be joined in the third seed by a very talented human being. I gotta say, I don't know what this person doesn't do, but I'll tell you what they are doing right now. They got a single coming now August eighth, okay, because because music runs through their blood. Also, they got a film that's crushing the festival circuit right now, and we want to get into that a little bit later. And also a podcast called trust Me talking about cults and extreme beliefs, which kind of that kind of intersects with today's topic given all the Trump stuff going on. So please welcome to the microphone, Lola.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: Real singer. We got a real singer. Drop hand, drop some Lola. Yeah, what's your what's your favorite karaoke check?
Speaker 3: You know, I never do karaoke because I feel too awkward because people are like, oh, she's a real singer, and the expectations are too high. And I also don't drink, so I can't like wile out, you know what I mean. But when I'm by myself, it's torn by Natalie and Brulia.
Speaker 2: Wow, hell yeah, faith so good ring. Like when people don't respect that part, you know what I mean, I get a little upset, you know what I mean? Yeah, I like though that you were like you're a kind god too, where You're like, let me not just ether the whole party right now with my pipe, so I will just sit back and say, no, that was great, that was great. I'm not singing today, don't worry about No.
Speaker 3: I'm not even that kind of singer, you know, Like I can't belt like other people can belt. I feel like my musical theater friends, they're better at karaoke you than me. I'm like, I'm good to singing my songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, all right, let me let me give you some Let me give you a track next time you go to karaoke. You don't have to sing, just do stand by eminem or something that's good. You know you can also, but you can sing the little you can sing a little part, you know, just.
Speaker 2: You do the rap.
Speaker 4: Me you gotta do the fourth verse, like you know you gotta do the fourth verse.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm on it.
Speaker 2: Who are your like, who are your favorite kind of like because if you're not a powerhouse singers, who are your sort of like softer voice vocalists that you that you kind of put your pantheon of great singers?
Speaker 3: Well I don't I feel like great singers. It just depends on what kind of thing you're talking about. But I love Fiona Apple. Oh yeah, I love like an angsty, throaty, like kind of fucked up sounding voice.
Speaker 2: Say right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, only but only when we talk about I said, I started the podcast with what up niggas? You can say? That would be wild. I was like, hold on, no, no, no, we're not doing that. Hold on, hold on now, this is PG thirteen over here. Yeah on a Apple. Yeah, fetch the bolt Cutters. Great one, that's the bull Cutters.
Speaker 3: You know it's so good?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who else?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 2: I love?
Speaker 3: I love like classic jazz singers, so I love like Ela Fitzgerald.
Speaker 2: And okay, oh classing up to join it.
Speaker 3: But also, you know, I'm getting really into this new Norwegian singer. But you know that that will come later when you asked me about the media I've been.
Speaker 2: Okay, fantastic. Was it reminiscent like I'm trying to think, well, who's the last big Scandinavian singer? I remember like Leaky Lee back, like.
Speaker 3: For I Love Lee. Yeah, I know, it's crazy how old old that album is now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel very old. Yeah, and I was. I remember being like I was like I love her voice. It's like effort listeners. Anyway, we're going to get into that and plenty more of a First, we'd like to ask our guest, which is low Lablanc, what is something from your search history that's revealing about you know, some reveal something about who you are, what you're interested in.
Speaker 3: So I was looking at my most recent search results and this morning, the last one was observed particle theory.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh okay.
Speaker 3: You know that and I And it's actually something I don't know that much about yet, so that's why I was googling it. But it's that thing in quantum physics where the particles behavior changed upon observation. Yes, so a lot of people who a lot of people reference that as like we don't know, there's so much that we don't know yet. There's so much that like maybe science has no idea, like there isn't evidence for it yet, but there will be eventually. Anyway, I just was very curious about that little rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going down. Okay, So what kind of shit are you into? Lola? You're like, you're like, oh my man, because you know, I like the idea that just the mere observation affects these particles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, say this is the smart this is the most educational smartest like search and I've heard everybody else will be up here like, oh man, I was up here searching about you know how quick your toenails?
Speaker 2: Were you up here? Like let's talk about quantum fits but I.
Speaker 3: Don't know about it yet. I don't know about it yet.
Speaker 2: That's are you Is any of this due to any of the hearings about UAPs and non non human intelligence? Does that intersect at all with any of this or how? We're like, you're into this kind of shit, You're into quantum physics, quantum mechanics. What what do you make of all of the U A u AP shit going on? I mean, like.
Speaker 3: I'm a science bay, so like I'm just kind of waiting to see what happens, Like I feel like one guy saying stuff is not really enough evidence. But I'm really excited to see what more comes of it, because open I'm on that alien shit, you know, Like I'm really excited about the US thing. But yeah, I'm just like I'm someone who's like trying to figure it all out all the time and figure out like what we have evidence for what we don't have it evidence evidence for, And I'm just trying not to buy into like the first thing that people tell me, So I'm just googling what we have evidence for.
Speaker 2: Does that have to do with just sort of your upbringing and life of being just a little like not taking people at their word when they say things are one way?
Speaker 3: I think absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, yeah, I'm sure we'll get into that too. Okay, this is going to be therapy lowly, but yes, shout out, shout out all my alien fans who are going to go to the First Interstate Bank formerly First Interstate Bank building in Los Angeles to welcome the aliens, you know what I mean, and they put that blue light on us and then vaporize us. I'm excited. Yeah, what's what's something you think is overrated.
Speaker 5: I was thinking a lot about like aunties, but I don't know if aunties are overrated as much as the way that we talk about Auntie's is overrated.
Speaker 2: I think we're in the generation definition of aunties.
Speaker 5: Yes, right, So like the Auntie. So my art Haer revolves around like this idea. It was actually inspired by a hate crime incident that happened in twenty sixteen where two Muslim women were kicked off of the plane for staring too hard, and the flight attendants were like, we didn't like how they were looking at us, so we kicked them off of the plane. And that's what inspired my series on aunties with Deddley Stairs. And I don't know, I think that part, like aunties are just out there to get you is kind of like like like me making the art was like re re taking the power the Auntie has, Like yeah, of course aunties are gonna stare at you like that. That's what they do. This is like an Auntie's stare is a terrorist act, which what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: That's how we aunties.
Speaker 2: Are and now and you are.
Speaker 4: And just for those who are not familiar with the auntie term is not like your mom or dad's like sister, that's not the auntie you're talking about that.
Speaker 2: Women, Yes, an.
Speaker 4: Dating, I'm dating a I'm dating Andy. And lady right now is she and like I have been schooled on all her aunties and all.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing culture.
Speaker 5: This one white lady came up to me at the art show and she's like, oh, so this happened to your aunt. I was like, no, at the universal end, I'm on now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a problem people have, Like in black culture, auntie that's not doesn't have to be a thing to be a literal aunt Sometimes it's like your mom's best friend and that's just like auntie. Yeah. Even uncle or cousins exactly family. So many people are my cousins that are not my cousin. Yeah, that's just what it is. And I think in America sometimes it's it's viewed a little bit more rigid, but that they're like, well they hear it. They're like, so this is a sibling of one of your parents, bro, I have.
Speaker 4: Like I last year I went to my cousin's like the whole family descends. My actual cousin and the whole family, but my actual cousin, my actual cousins, the whole family descended on to Vegas for my cousin's graduate waiting from med school, and we were like out and like my younger cousin who's now in like her early twenties or whatever. So I was there where she was born. Literally I was when she was born, and and we were like out, like having a drink, having a smoke, and she like turned to me and she was like, Jackie's are you our real cousin or like.
Speaker 2: Who are your related?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, girl, our parents are first cousins. Yes, we are as real cousins. But like it's so like ingrained that like you can but because we're family, but it's so ingrained that like you can't be related by blood or not, but you still has his uncle's Auntie's like yeah, beautiful, the.
Speaker 2: Same level of closeness that you don't really examine half the time, especially when you like lit like you come up with these people all the time. It's just it is what it is. What is uh, what's something you think is underrated? You know.
Speaker 6: I've been thinking a lot recently about David grab who died in during the pandemic and is one of my favorite writers and thinkers, and I think he's really underrated. A lot of people in mainstream US society don't know about David Graeber, who wasn't professor at Yale, and he was sort of forced out of Yale for being too progressive and ended up teaching in the UK in London for the rest of his career. And you know, if I had to recommend one thing, super fun, short, amazing book called Utopia of Rules, which you can even read for free online. It's an incredible introduction into so many things about our society. Has everything in it, from a critique of the Batman movies, superheroes generally, to a critique of bureaucracy and capitalism and really great thoughts and ideas about how we live our lives. It's just an incredible and a brilliant book. He was one of the leading anthropologists in the world, but he used those anthropology skills to really turn his eye toward analyzing some of the ways in which our society is actually incredibly violent. Was also really interested in the concept of play, and he was a big opponent and that people should be working less and playing a lot more. And so he has other great essays, for example, on why it is that the police hate puppets. He has really great work on why it is that animals really love to play and why modern society is crushing the spirit of play and people. And so I think it's a really beautiful, funny, uplifting, but also very intelligent set of writing. So David Graeber is something I recommend is underrated.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's one of my favorites. I talk about him a lot on the show. The Dawn of Everything is so great. Bullshit jobs we talked about a lot on the show. But yeah, the way The Dawn of Everything uses anthropology to like dig into like that there was that myth that like, well, even though like there are problems with modern society, you like Pinker's whole narrative that like when you look before colonialism, things were a lot worse and like everybody was way more violent, and he just like demolishes that and it's like, actually, like we're way way worse than those And then like takes you through some of the ways that civilizations that you don't learn about in generally in American educational systems, organize themselves and like really interested in some like indigenous communities and valued these things that have been completely written out of our society. And again like really makes you see some of the assumptions that I think a lot of us take for granted on a day to day basis about the world we live in again with fresh eyes. It makes them kind of stick out to you as being as weird as.
Speaker 2: They should seem to you. Why do police hate puppets?
Speaker 7: I actually I've never read, so I'm going to immediately act on this underrated.
Speaker 2: And read Utopia of Rules.
Speaker 7: I've read, you know, Bullshit Jobs and History of Debt and The Dawn of Everything, but I never read Utopia of Rules.
Speaker 6: Of those books, I think you told me Rules is my favorite. I think it's his best, most concise work. So I think you're in for a treat. And the other essay you can read for free online is called on the Feminology of Giant Puppet Puppets, and it's a sort of a It has a lot of pictures in it. It's about sort of the protest culture of the early two thousands and why police always target puppets when they go to protests and why they always try to destroy puppets and why police officers are so infuriated by my puppets. And I don't want to give too much away, but it's also a great essay.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, Well we're going to take a break.
Speaker 7: I'm going to go read that and we'll come back in like three hours with our puppet continue talking about puppets. Now, we're going to take a quick break, and then we're gonna dig in to some of your work and.
Speaker 2: Specifically the book Usual Cruelty. So we'll be right back, and we're back. I guess, look, all jokes aside, we should talk about Donald Trump from getting indicted for a third motherfucking time, the hat trick of indictments. He's done it. While I think this is all relates to the you know, overturning of the election in twenty twenty and January sixth, all that wild fun stuff. And I think again, for most people, we saw that play out in real time, Like we saw him continually begin to, you know, ramp up the rhetoric around the stolen election. We saw evidence of him, you know, leaning on people in a fake elector scheme, telling Mike Pence to fucking you know, delay the certification of the election. We all saw it, but now we're at the point where it's been articulating an indictment, and yeah, it's interesting to watch. Basically Fox News and all the right wing news outlets just fully melt down with what apparently they are saying. The stakes are. Jesse Waters on The Five called it political germ warfare and said, if it goes to trial, we'll have to quote go back and find fraud the twenty twenty election. I'm sure they would love to do that because he did such a good job the first time showing that all happened. And then Greg Guttfeld on the same show, he was so out of it he just held up like doodles. He was just holding up doodles of like dudes and hats, and I'm not sure like what that exactly. The point of that was kat Abu, who's on Twitter who does a lot of like monitoring of Fox News segments, put together just kind of like this mixtape of the reaction to the third indictment on Fox News, and I just want to the it's they're ramping it up, the rhetoric is getting ramped up. I'll play a little bit of it. It's very dramatic, but this is kind of how Fox News is talking about everything.
Speaker 8: The gol equivalent of the French guilletant, a political war, Crome, a junk indictment, the shredding of our constitution.
Speaker 2: They're going full Banana Republic, full third world on this third World Banana Republic, full Banana Republic. Hell yeah, just so you know, we've gone full.
Speaker 3: Republic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I'm going full j crew. They got the memoir at the beginning of the day.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all right, everybody, the word of the day is Banana Republic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's gone full third World. And yeah, we saw Stephen Miller was saying that this is the legal equivalent of the French kiity during the reign of Terror. Oh my god. And then we had Laura Trump come on to defend her father in law, which just basically said, quote, he did exactly what you would want a president to do, following an other words. Okay, okay, yeah, he did. He did leave office, yeah, exactly. Yeah. But then it was wild. Somebody pointed out that she was apparently she was live on Fox and Newsmax at the same damn time somehow, and with different outfits on, and somebody sorters like, I'm sorry, who the fuck is lying about being live right now? Because there's no way you're live on Newsmax and Fox News with different fucking outfits on. We're still not sure what happened there, but again, I think it all speaks to the chaos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you have Jesus magic on your side, you can do anything.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, quantum mechanics, depending on observation.
Speaker 2: I affected the particles of her clothing to become something else because my vision is also because just to get back to that, it's sort of like the idea that even the act of looking upon something is affecting like the waves around it. Right, Yes, yeah, anyway, shout out to Jesus for that. He was talking about that in the Bible. And then Newsmax they had Rudy Juliani on, and my man is just he's he's going bad. He sounded not as articulate as he normally does, which is not at all. But I'll just play a clip of him talking about the real indictment needs to be for Jack Smith.
Speaker 9: The strange thing here is the people lying, but the people bringing this and this this count they have here conspiracy again, right, they should be indicted for conspiracy against rights for bringing this indictment.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a conspiracy against mister mayor knowing. Okay, cool, Yeah he said that.
Speaker 3: So does he seem especially old all of a sudden, I feel like talking about drunk he drinks.
Speaker 2: He's his last In the last year and a half of that administration, he was definitely having some wild ass appearances where people were like, I just saw this dude drunk his fuck at the cigar bar in Manhattan, and then they then you would see him on Fox like two hours later, and he's like, oh my god, I think again too. He's just a fucking He's a creep. So we all love to see him, sir, Yeah, he's a creep.
Speaker 4: He was drunk enough to literally, as a former politician on the campaign trail, find himself in a borat movie. Oh yeah, right, that's like that tells you everything you need to know about Rudy right there, Like how dumb?
Speaker 2: How dumb? Are you so dumb? Yeah? So you know, we have we've heard everybody the First Amendment thing that's coming up a lot, and and we'll talk about that in a second. But then on Brightbart, they implied that jack Smith would be seeking the death penalty against Trump. It says jack Smith's charged against Trump include potential death penalty. Now, why do they say that there's no evidence that that's even close to what jack Smith is pursuing. But what they're pointing out is that the conspiracy against rights can result in the death penalty if quote death results from the actions covered under this provision and somebody did die.
Speaker 4: So specifically, the fact that they the fact that they are saying that the death penalty is an option is an admission of guilt to the fact that because.
Speaker 2: You know, he caught shit and she did do so, therefore people give them the death penalty. And that's what's really interesting is watching this sort of cognitive dissonance play out in such an extreme way. Already Trump has come screaming with his two pay in hand asking for cash donations. The email he sent this morning quote.
Speaker 8: Patriot with Crooked Joe's corrupt doj having unlawfully indicted yours truly yet again, reports indicate that I can now face it combined five hundred and sixty one years in prison from the left witch hunt. That's six lifetimes there's only one message, and he goes on and on.
Speaker 2: It's like a long ranting thing. Yeah you could. I'm looking at five hundred and sixty one years. I'm like, sir, I'm not. I'm mooting every year. Yeah. But he goes on and be like, he's like, will you help me fight this Marxist government. You're like, this ain't no Marxist government. If you did, people, never mind, I wish you were theory. Yeah, it's like, bring the Marxist aliens, now, solve this. But yeah, so he's begging. And the main thing we're seeing right now is the Maga pundits are all kind of saying that this is some version of his First Amendment rights being violated. That's the sort of logic that they want to pursue. They're saying he was merely exercising his First Amendment rights by saying these things out loud. And now they're saying it's a crime because he didn't believe that the election was rightfully won by Joe Biden. And again they're trying to just create some kind of logic out of this indictment that doesn't acknowledge that Trump was doing all kinds of shit not just shit. He was saying out of his mouth that his actions are also part of a quote larger conspiracy to subvert the election in the will of voters and undermine, you know, people's right to vote. So and the part of this indictment sort of makes that clear. Quote the purpose of the conspiracy was to overturn the legitimate results of the twenty twenty presidential election by using knowingly false claims of election to obstruct the federal government function by which those results are collected, counted, and certified. It's not why was he just lying all the time? No, we saw it. There was a fake elector scheme. There was calls to other governors. It's it's not it's not something where they're like, yeah, it's just bad. It's misinformation, is all you guys are trying to put him in the buds for. It's just what he thought. It was just right.
Speaker 3: He wasn't just expressing an opinion.
Speaker 2: M hm yeah, yeah, very clear, very clear. It's very It's very.
Speaker 4: I I've been on record on this podcast many times saying that I think anybody that thinks this man is going.
Speaker 2: To jail should not get their hopes up.
Speaker 4: You know. I don't think that's what any of this is about, is him facing jail time. I mean, he should face jail time, but he won't. But I I do think that we're seeing a very interesting thing that he is using all these indictments to just line his He doesn't care about the presidency. He didn't care about the presidency the first time, like.
Speaker 2: Jail.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for the documentaries to come out, if they will. Where like you know, and Miles, I'm sure you've heard this too, Lola, I'm sure you've heard this.
Speaker 10: He was pissed he won the first time. I think Malania cried, right, isn't that the story? They didn't want to win, They didn't.
Speaker 2: Think they were winning.
Speaker 4: But like you know, and all it's happening all over again. I I think like the bigger thing that we are seeing is we and I don't know if this will happen in our lifetime.
Speaker 2: Maybe it will.
Speaker 4: Maybe Jen Alpha can help us out, it can save us. You really need to we need to fix like he should not be able to run for president when you are literally under indictment after indictment after indictment, right, Like that's not like that what that's insane?
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get a job in McDonald's if I was under like multiple indictments, and this man is running for the highest office, and like we should be able to change the Supreme Court, just like there's so much shit.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it reveals too that, you know, the status quo is to be like, yeah, man, if you're kind of powerful enough, like you're going to break some fucking laws, So why are we going to keep that from you running for president? But I think this is all part of like why we need laws that are actually robust, that protect voting rights and shit like this, where it's just enshrined in law to be like, well, you can't even can't even begin to try and test the results of an election, at least in this such a cynical way.
Speaker 3: People are so convinced that it is actually a witch hunt. I mean, I don't think that Trump is actually convinced it's a witch hunt. I don't think his people are, but I think they've convinced so many of the American people that it is. How can you actually achieve any change when no one can agree on what the reality of the situation is. It's all just being like propagandized, and it's so hard to like figure out how to fix anything when we don't even agree on the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can get worn down with propaganda. It leads to apathy, and that's exactly what they need. And it's just clearly it's funny too, because you're kind of seeing it on the right where they're also like, fuck, man, my god, what am I supposed to say about this one this time? Like can't we just pretend like if we don't think it's bad and then keep moving. But there is something really interesting and going on with polling or not interesting. Obviously, there are groups of people who just don't give a fuck what Trump does, no matter what. But it looks like the January sixth case isn't really moving the needle that much for independence and Republicans or even Democrats, because everyone is already so entrenched in their view of what happened that it just feels like a rehashing of shit that it's like yeah, I know, like it's like, yeah, okay, we get it, he didn't fucking steal election, or yeah, that motherfucker tole the election or whatever I or I don't know, but it looks like the document's case is actually the thing that has begun to like shift poles a little bit. They've Like last October it said thirty four percent of independence said that a crime had been committed in that case. The latest pull it grew to forty six percent, because I think we just see more new evidence of like hearing him on tape saying like talking about documents or learning like with new indictments that he was telling people to like, you know, vaporize the fucking surveillance camera footage and shit like that. And then for Republicans, since last October, the percentage of Republicans said they believe that Trump had committed a crime handing classified documents rose from nine to twenty five. But make no mistake when they follow up with a question about, like now, with that effect your support going into election, they said, if the fucking election was today, I'd be fucking wearing my maga hat. I don't care if that happened. So it's very very cult vibes. We always talk about that of just truly, I will not There's no information that you can show me that will change my mind because I'm all in on this perspective.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think Unfortunately, that is just kind of the case or where we are today as an entire society and country where the elections have become very much that you know, and we're seeing it a lot on the Maga side obviously, but you know it happens on the left as well, where it is like, you know, where we're not. We are not in a place now where we are, and it's for a lot of reasons. And I'm not blaming like us as a collective society. I'm blaming the people who are in power that have kind of led us to this, and also just the world we live in with social media and things like that. But you know, we're not in a place where we are actively like picking the best choices, or we are actively like like debates don't mean anything, or you know, like these things don't mean as much as they used to. It is a popularity contest in any ways, and it is a I'm this person on this side, and this is what we are, Bernie Brons, we are Maga, we are Clinton Knights. I don't know if they call them Clinton Heights or not, but you know, like, you know, that's kind of where we are, right.
Speaker 2: I think it sucks I think generally we're just from the conversation. We're like missing like what we actually want as outcomes from our elected officials and what we want from the government, because the conversations are usually completely devoid of like sort of what speaks to people on a human level. Like there's a lot of policy talk and things like that, and you see people sort of like make appeals to like these sort of like populous talking points, but just in general, like people to each other, aren't it's harder for people to say, like, these are the kinds of policies that would really help my life because we also have a there's such a for the perception of the government is like, I don't know, they do shit that helps sometimes kind of, so what's the point of fucking paying attention because my life really doesn't change, And that's a huge chunk of people that are really disconnected from like the ills that our current governmental system is, you know, raining down on people. So there's a lot, Yeah, there's there's a lot of things to battle.
Speaker 3: It's just so hard to keep your focus on even the issues that do really matter, because it feels like there's so much on fire all the time at once and everybody is like buying for your attention for the issue that's like you know, viral that week or whatever. Like climate change is the most important issue to me, But do I forget about it constantly one hundred percent because there's so much else that's like, ah, but that's urgent, that's that's curtain. I feel like it's it's really a hard time to be a politician who you know, maybe does have something substantive to offer, because it's just like a race for the virality or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, we miss out.
Speaker 4: I also think too because because of that, and you know, this is not good either that for like some of the politicians that actually have something that they are fighting for and things like that. We have become such a society where like one thing can change that which and sometimes is a very good thing. And sometimes it's just like, well, you know, let's actually allow a person to progress and grow like as they grow and progress.
Speaker 2: You know, and we don't.
Speaker 4: We don't do that as much as we should on like our side, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's a culture of an expectation of purity and perception that I think is really detrimental to organizing in general.
Speaker 2: MM hmm, yeah. I think. You know, there's a vote blue no matter who crowd, there's the Maga crowd, and you know, you try and get people to understand that it's the stakes aren't just if Joe Biden isn't president. It's everything that comes along with that, That in the and the tragedies and the horrors that people are experiencing even now with Joe Biden as president. That are societal issues that we refuse to actually grapple with so until we can, I mean not until But the discourse is so centered around just anything but real substance of policy. Like everyone's talking about Bidenomics right now, and I like, you know, it's like it's a three pillar thing about what Bidenomics is. But ask any person who is not interested in policy what they if they give a fuck about Bidenomics. They're gonna say fucking no. They'll say, I don't know. Inflation is still fucked up. I mean, I guess it's going down, like gas isn't as high, but like there's still all these other costs of living things that are not being addressed. But every day they just point to things like look at the unemployment numbers, and it's such a different metric than what people's lived, day to day experiences are. So yeah, we will see where this goes. Again, I am just like with the aliens, I'm like, I'll believe it when I see Trump in court and he can't do his comb over, you know, like the way he normally does, and we get to see that kind of weird hair do that he got going. Until then, you know, I just feel like, well, I'll believe it when I see it, because you know, there's the already debate about like is this even a strong case against him, Like what the fuck are we doing? Then? But he'd at the very least not like in his document's case. The judge that is assigned to this case, it was a you know, as an Obama point who apparently has been going the hardest at January sixth insurrectionists. So for every judge Eileen Cannon, there are other judges who are kind of like, yeah, no, I'm not really here to fuck around with this case. All right, let's take a quick break. We gonna be right back to talk about blue checks and barbies after yes, and we're back, and buckle up, folks, It's time for us to take a deep dive into the world of the internets and be utterly confused. I will admit before anybody, as a geriatric MILLENNI I'm not sure what the fuck is going on, but I do know this. For the last few years, I have thoroughly enjoyed the absolute roasting of millennial culture from gen Z. It's mostly on point, and at times it's fucking transcendent. It's eye opening to be seen through the younger generation's eyes about like, what the fuck is wrong with these people? Some millennials to get a little hard, you know, as it was a reminder to us that it was no longer two thousand and six and we when we were the cool kids out there with our weird ass outfits. Like I say, yes, as right as you are.
Speaker 4: The other half of me was also like, oh wait, yeah, just fucking wait.
Speaker 2: They're like, we don't have the internet to cook gen X, Like I'm sure we could have. Like yeah, I mean now we do it retrospectively, but yeah, I was like, time does come for you as well, time is coming for you too. And guess what we have arrived there Generation Alpha, which is the kids born between like twenty eleven and now they are sending gen z some of them into an existential panic. Uh and like say that light heartily based on the commentary around this meme, this meme brace yourselves like gang. You may know, you may not, And I this is the first time I heard it. It's called skibbitty toilet and you say, what the fuck is skibbitty toilet? So basically I'm gonna play a little bit and just so you know, it's a there's a remix of this track Domdam Yes Yes by Beiser King who if you remember TikTok, there is like this Turkish dude who would be like like kind of gyrating his hips around like plates of food and stuff. It's like boom, skibbitty up bump, bump, yes, yes, bump. Anyway, for people who are terminally online like me, you know that track, there's like it's like remixed and there's a dude coming out of toilet And I'm just gonna play a little bit for for us just to feast our eyes on it and try and give you some kind of running commentary as we look at it. And this is visual thing for everybody.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think you guys should when you post on line about this episode, have a second slide and showing some of this toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah check out what check this? S gibty out what the heck is going on? So there's an elevator with urinals and heads come out to toilets yep, and their big giraffe necks the nets. The next that was it? That was it? That was one full up. That was one post about it, And I'm like, what the fuck was that? We got heads coming out of toilets. We have people with surveillance cameras on their heads. There are people with TVs on their heads, and they fight in some of the videos. I cannot. I don't know what the meaning is and what's funny?
Speaker 5: You don't understand?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I don't think we've I think we've reached a point where the generations that are born like jen A and or Alf for whatever you want to call them, and generations that are going to be born after that, we've reached a point where their brains are born broken because they're on screens as soon as they are fucking born. Like it's like I like, I know there is a four month old baby in my life, not mine, but like that I know, and and you got a kid miles like they know immediately they know how to look at you pull a phone out, they know how to look at it. They can fellow with there. It's like they are and I'm saying this likeheartedly that their brains are broken, but like.
Speaker 2: It's different, different reality for sure. I want to play this. So somebody one of these people who have like a younger jen alpha sibling, they posted on TikTok of being like just like hey can can like their little brother. They're like, can you break down the skivity toilet?
Speaker 6: Mean?
Speaker 2: For me, this kid is like nine years old, and I'm telling you it's I can't even follow what this kid is saying. That's what's so frustrating about it, I think for other people.
Speaker 11: Okay, wait, so, like why are skibbity toilets and cameramen in the war.
Speaker 2: Because because after.
Speaker 10: Before they saw each other like what we got to take over the city.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, the skivities were all of them, the skivvyes.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the skibbities are trying to take over the city and the camera men don't like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, so the cameraman are trying to save this city. U mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Oh so We're talking about two different peoples.
Speaker 2: Like the camera, the camera heads, the TV heads they got the wine. Then there's the Skibbity toilets, which is the heads.
Speaker 12: That come out to toilets urinals, and they and the camera people represent like the like Corporate America or like the bad people in the world going to depo.
Speaker 2: Skibbeyes want to take over the city. The skibbety want, as this young man said, skivityes take over. But the but the TV heads and the camera has fight them to prevent the takeover of the skibbity toys to.
Speaker 4: Fight them, right because yeah, yeah, yeah, And like the cameras are on their heads because they see all.
Speaker 2: Again that's too much. It feels like again I don't know again, like these kids are going to be they're the most online generation of all time, and I think it's just it's probably gonna be one of these things where like, even if it doesn't make sense to us, the esthetic is probably gonna be what like SpongeBob Simpson's memes and shit are to us.
Speaker 5: Wait, I have a question, yes in the back, yes, is this related to Minecraft at all? And how these kids are all into Minecraft?
Speaker 2: Minecraft off again? Oh Minecraft, I don't know. I mean, yeah, my nephew plays a fuck out of minecreer.
Speaker 5: I talked to a ten year old last night and she plays Minecraft on the internet with someone else.
Speaker 2: Look as we are washed and old, and if we said that to them, they would probably laugh at us. And then vabe.
Speaker 5: She did laugh at me when I asked that.
Speaker 2: Get okay, Oh well, well Victor, well, producer Victor in the chat, Victor, what come on, hey, come in here, Come in here if you if you're about don't you act like you know what's going on?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sorry for poor audio quality. No, no, producer Victor coming through the building. Yes, yes, please yes. Knowledge.
Speaker 11: So back in the day, people would use Gary's mod to mod video games and make little machinemos, which is just basically making a TV or a movie around video games essentially. So I think that's what it looks like here they're making the memes off of it. I'm butchering it, but I think it might be unreal Engine three. Uh so there's a software you can where you can screw around with video game characters, and that's how they're making.
Speaker 2: It and then animate it and do all this. Okay, but Victor, Now thank you for the technical part. Well, what the fuck is going on, Victor, I don't fucking know this one's new to me to so again like we're trying to figure this out, and I get that this is just sort of what this is. So for whatever reason, the audio visual aesthetic that they love and it's just again like going back to this, I just loved it. The last year, zoomers have laughed at us from being truegy cringe. You know, we fucking love skinny jeans, the charcuterie bars and shit were washed. But they this is like one tweet from someone, this is hilarious, said quote I just heard. I just overheard my sister talking about how gen Z is old and stupid and how they don't get their jokes. Hello, I am right here. I am only fifteen. She was born in twenty thirteen. Then she asked me if I knew what a skibbitty toilet was, please help me. What the fuck is this skibby toilet? I feel old. Other commenters, like on these video have said they already feel quote outdated. Some are horrified that they don't understand what this meme is. And I'm like, that's why I'm like, don't worry, y'all. It's just being washed is pretty comfortable at a certain point. You know. Hey, listen, man, you know I went to bad last year. I'm excited for sleep.
Speaker 4: I was so sleepy you couldn't fall asleep because insomnia eventually did and woke up and was like, my body hurts, So like you know that that's coming for all of y'all.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Well, you just sleep wrong.
Speaker 4: Oh you wake up your whole damn body hurts, and you gotta get up and walk through the day to like relieve your pack.
Speaker 5: We didn't tell you have to do morning stretches, yea, yeah, because you can't walk that the morning stretch.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't don't sit on that office seat with your ankle tucked under your butt like that which here, which you get that it band pain like I did. But yeah, again, I just love that. There's also like just this whole I don't know, there's like lack of acceptance around it, but I get it, and I and what I tell them is these kids they're they're they're the oldest ones are eleven. So gen Z, you're still you're still firmly in the driver's seat, don't worry. Yeah bad. Yeah, but just some stats about jen Alfa, just quick hit off the census. This is going to be the most diverse your generation ever, which makes sense, I think just subsequently that's just what it's going to be, because hey, we're gonna be living in a round country soon, baby. Generation Alpha will will also be the largest generation over two million by twenty twenty two billion by twenty twenty five. Seventy three percent of you has children, hundred twelve use the internet, seventy three percent under twelve. I just start using the internet till I was twelve.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how old is your baby?
Speaker 2: My baby is about to be six months old.
Speaker 5: How does it feel to have like a baby entering this shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Also, your baby may not be Generation Alpha. Yeah you're I think it's baby's born from then until now. Like okay, but you know they changed that shit like yeah, yeah, yeah. In retrospect, they'll go back and be like, actually this generation was twenty twenty three. Like I'm gonna tell them. I'm like, you're a millennial, Like you're dead.
Speaker 4: That's what we do because when we were first born, we were generation Why Like why, Yeah, we were generation Why and then and.
Speaker 2: Then it changed to we changed to millennials. Yeah, because it was just more I think it was easier to follow. But anyway, Yeah, so shout out to y'all. I get it. The slow creep of death comes for all of us, but just accept it and you will be saved. All right, Well, thank you so much Taz and Jack Kees for joining me today. Appreciate us taking a journey through our evolving culture. Aliens gin a yo, and hey, and if anybody can like give me some kind of like sociological anthropological analysis of skivity toilet please, Like I and I understand what Victor's saying. This is like a natural progression of Gary's mod and that's how we got this, like visual, but like what what are what are we saying with this?
Speaker 4: You are and if you are generation OUTPHA and you're listening to this, yeah, shout out to you. You want and you want to like let us know, don't don't don't come into my d MS.
Speaker 2: No, but you know what I will say this. You know we could team up and gang up on gen Z together. We got yeah, the millennial gin Alpha yo. Listen, we do have proper names for our generations. We're not just no fucking letter, you know what I'm saying. We got names. That's that euro where we tie our flags together. He and fucking Millennium and we go to bully Jitzy so stupid.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for this week's weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Please like and review the show.
Speaker 7: If you like the show, U means the world the miles he he needs your validation.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to you Monday.
Speaker 11: Bye.