Speaker 1: Night, the Baby Boss Laney Wilson coming in studio in about twenty minutes. So excited about that. So what we're gonna do is do the anonymous inbox now. So let's start the show with that. It's anonymous sin.
Speaker 2: Anonymous inbox.
Speaker 1: There's a question to be because, hello, Bobby Bones, my sister announced with the family that she and her boyfriend were pregnant. She just found out they're having a girl. They're gonna name her Savory s A V. E. R Y. Apparently she liked the name Avery, but wanted to make it unique, hence the extra letter. Obviously, I don't need to tell you, but this is a terrible name for a baby, Savory and it's spelt like slavery without the l oh. No, I know, Okay, sorry, let me go back to the email. Obviously, it's a terrible name for a baby. I politely asked they were considering any other names. She said no, they already decided recently. I gently suggested other options as I'm trying to get closer to my sister. We warmed up to different names, and she finally chose Margo. After we bonded over a new baby name book. I was relieved until I got to her boyfriend. He sent me an angry text accusing me of meddling. He claimed he chose the name Savory. I had no right to interfere, I fired back. Am I wrong for convincing my sister to change her baby's name? What can I do now that they're mad at me? Signed a future aunt to baby Savory?
Speaker 3: I mean you did meddle.
Speaker 4: You'd for sure medal old time. Yeah, so he has a right to be irritated at you. It's his baby, yeah, you more than yours. Yeah, I agree with that. So you meddled with good intentions.
Speaker 1: We all say the Savory pretty dumb name, but it's not her job as a sister to decide if it's a pretty umb name or not. Right, honestly, it's a pretty dumb name, though he's pretty name on multiple levels. Because against Savory, it's like, can that be like it's it tastes good, Yeah, exactly what it is, but it's also spelled like slavery, Like it's wrong in so many ways, Like if.
Speaker 5: You like the name Avery, just go with that. Like I know you want to make a different but what about you know, salty bravery.
Speaker 1: Oh, bravery.
Speaker 2: Oh, Bravery's pretty.
Speaker 3: Good, davery sweetness, slavery.
Speaker 1: Go out, you medled, now suffer the consequences. That's basically it. You probably should have tried to convince your sister to change the baby name to begin with. You could have said, hey, that's tough name. You understand the kid's gonna be called a little slavery or taste savory. That's gonna be how the kid lives its life. And once she here, here's that an accepts that you just got to move on.
Speaker 6: So are you?
Speaker 1: Were you wrong? I think you had good intentions, but the husband has the right to be mad. We can all agree on that. Justice for baby Savory now, I wanted to be named Savory again because that was the baby's original name. Thank you for the email. That one's on you. But she might just be taking one for the team here because little Margo will have an easier life than little baby Savory. Can we all agree?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: On the Bobby Bone.
Speaker 1: Show, Now, Lanie Wilson, Lanny, how you've been.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I feel like Instagram's never a true indicator of how somebody really is.
Speaker 3: It's all a lie.
Speaker 1: But it's been like awesome, like it's you're doing such cool things now. It's pretty cool. You've always been cool, but now it's like you're like hanging out with really cool people as well. Like the Miley Cyrn thing was super cool. Oh dude, we played a clip of you when you were at my house like five years ago. You were talking about the first time I'd ever heard the story about you doing that as a job, right, and then to actually see you doing that, Like, I don't know, I kind of felt emotional just because you and I talked about that and I'm.
Speaker 3: Not even you well, I'll tell you how crazy.
Speaker 7: Like last week was just a like full circle for me because I got to go back to Saint Jude, which was the very last place that I impersonated Hannah Montana and play a little show for the kids in the exact same spot, and the same week as that, I got to honor Milly and Miley's like icon she is.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, is it nerve wracking to you? Did you see her seeing you?
Speaker 7: Yes, and like watching her crime and stuff like she don't even know how much of an influence that she was to me. I mean I did that for five years. We've talked about this but like just to make money, to have a chance at a dream, that's it. I did three or four birthday parties a weekend, and so I felt like I knew her, you know.
Speaker 1: Did you have the clarity while it was happening, because again, it's so big and it's there are cameras and television. Did you have the clarity to actually go, Man, how about my freaking life right now? And how far I've come and have great people around me and I've worked really hard and right now is really bizarrely wonderful as it was happening, were able to think about that presenty.
Speaker 7: So we were actually like backstage while they were like playing a clip of her video and stuff, and they had us on this platform that was going to eventually kind of roll out, and we stood up there for a good like seven minutes. And as I was up there, I had slowed down for like seven minutes that day to really just.
Speaker 3: Kind of like take it in.
Speaker 7: I was like, Oh, this is what's happened, and how insane full circle. I don't think I'll ever get used to stuff like that. One of the highlights so far.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like, because again, you have forever to do your first and second albums. You know, you have your whole life to come up with songs, and yeah, reasons to write songs, and but you know, the last year and a half or so two years, it's been like such a massive success, like you really caught on to the point where now you got to get music out, you got to think of stuff to write and sing. Was this a little different, like come up with all these songs now that meant something to you?
Speaker 7: So I will say, normally I write two hundred songs to get my twelve or whatever it is. And this was definitely like quality over quantity to like sit down and wrap my head around what is it that I hadn't shared yet?
Speaker 1: And also you're so busy, right, that's it.
Speaker 7: I was having to bring a lot of writers out to me. A lot of these songs were written at my house here in Nashville, out on like our writer's retreat. And I'm the thing that kept me halfway sane during this crazy time of my life that is constantly changing every day and still continues to was making this.
Speaker 1: Music because it felt consistent, like it's the one consistent thing that's been happening over the past ten years that you've been trying to make music.
Speaker 7: It brought me like a lot of peace and comfort. It made me feel like I had one foot on the ground.
Speaker 1: I always am curious about the why people put number one songs number one on a track list, and so I'm gonna play a little bit of a keep up with the Jones real quick. Why when you're thinking about songs going where? Why was this the very first song you put on the record?
Speaker 7: Because when we sat down to do this record in the studio, my band got to play on this record. This is the first record that they have ever done. And we have played, oh my god, hundreds of shows together in the past two years since bel Botom Country, and it's almost like we knew what was missing from our live show without even talking about it. And so we went into doing this record really wanting to kind of show that like a little extra thump, I guess you could say, And I wanted to kind of feel like you are listening to a live show.
Speaker 1: Will you explain what you mean by your band finally got to play. Because most people may think, well, wait, I thought your band would play every song you've ever done. Yeah, why was this a big deal that your band got to play in this record with you, as opposed in the past when your band didn't play yep.
Speaker 7: So one of my band members has played on my last two records. But I feel like, my gosh, you spend time with people on the road, you get to know them, they get to know you. You communicate on stage without even talking, even just when it comes to stage presence, and we might change up a little something here, and we just kind of riff off of each other. And I think that chemistry has grown so much that I was like, I want to take a chance on this by putting them in the studio. Every other record we've done, we've used studio musicians which are absolutely incredible, and we still did. We have double drums on the record, so we brought in Fred Eltringham and Rob McNelly, so we had a couple of guitars too.
Speaker 1: Gotta be cool for your band that they know you have the confidence in them because this is going to be around forever, Like, well, you just did this record. Regardless of what happens to you, you go way up, you go way down, both, this is always going to exist. Yeah, and for you to go I want you guys to do this to be forever with me, Like, this's got to give them a ton of confidence.
Speaker 7: Oh and when I tell you, they truly are like incredible musicians. Probably after some folks hear this, they'll they'll probably want them to go play on their record.
Speaker 3: They're that good.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool. Last song, I do want to talk about Whiskey Colored Crayon. Why would you in the record with that song?
Speaker 7: Because when I think about why I fell in love with country music as a whole, it is truly the storytelling and.
Speaker 3: From a family of teachers.
Speaker 7: My mom was a teacher, all of my aunts, my daddy even taught for a second, my grandma. I think it's just a it's a good like teacher appreciation kind of song to like tag on the end and really just kind of sum up the why I love country music so much, and in the.
Speaker 1: Way the music affects everybody differently, like I hear the story from somebody that had all alcoholic parents, and like from the kids version more than the teacher version. Yep. And so yeah, that song, that's a really good one. You guys had to finish that song and be like, I think we just did something. Did you feel that way?
Speaker 3: Yes, yep.
Speaker 7: They had started the song and I and I had to like kind of come in and and help like finish the story, and we knew it was special. I think you kind of know when you when you're like sitting down and you get those feels, you kind of feel like the tingle, and you're like, is that the Holy Spirit?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 5: But I had the feelings for sure even in that clip thing that I have goosebumping, Like I was all. I felt all of the emotion.
Speaker 1: You say goose pumps and that's what I heard, goosebumps and chills, oh chill like you said you had goose pumps, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like wow.
Speaker 5: I just thought, I feel like that's just going to hit people from alling those like you. You have the teacher's side, the child's side, a parent side, maybe someone that's now sober that's like, oh wow, you know, now my kids are gonna have different memories of me instead of just that's right alcohol On.
Speaker 1: The Bobby Bone Show. Now, Amy Wilson, the Good Horses with you and Miranda, you guys write that together.
Speaker 6: We did.
Speaker 1: Do you set a time on a calendar when you're both in town to get together to write or is it one of those hair are you in town? Let's try it? How did that come together?
Speaker 7: She she called me one day and she's like, I want you to come out to my farm. I want you to take a nap. We're gonna fij you because her husband can cook. And uh, and she said, and if we get around to it, let's write a song. And our buddy Luke Duke was out there and I took like a thirteen hour and now if I'm not even playing, she.
Speaker 3: Like took me in. She's a go to bed girl.
Speaker 7: And uh, we just have so much fun, like living that western way of life that me and her both both loved just so much and connect on.
Speaker 3: And as we were sitting there writing this song, we were sitting.
Speaker 7: On like the balcony of her cabin, and three bluebirds flew up and landed on the balcony, and her and Luke kind of looked at each other crazy and said that when they were writing her song Bluebird, that the same exact thing.
Speaker 1: Happened, like it was it. Do they feel like it was a sign yecause obviously didn't write about birds, it's good horses. But they saw that as some sort of indicator of something positive. Yeah, about the same free years.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah it felt special.
Speaker 1: Yes. She have a bunch of animals up there, she does.
Speaker 7: She's got tons of horses and a little bit of everything, little mini horses.
Speaker 3: They are so cute.
Speaker 1: This record as a whole was fourteen songs. Yep. What different? What's sonically different is is on this? What instruments did you use differently? How did you feel like you matured with your sound?
Speaker 7: There's been times in my show where I was like, man, I wish I had a song like this to kind of glue these parts together. And so I really thought about that. I mean, I'm gonna be singing these songs for a really long time, and I want my live show to be badass.
Speaker 1: And what song do people sing back the loudest? Now?
Speaker 7: Man, I'll tell you what. They love them some watermelon moonshine. You gotta almost just start it. Yeah they can take it. Yeah, it's pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: That's great. How often do you take your ears down and listen to the crowd?
Speaker 7: Look, my team gets mad at me cause they're like, leave your ears in, Like you're gonna end up hurting your hearing. I can't help it. I keep an ear out almost every show because for so long I wanted that feeling and I want to like, I want to hear them.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. I'm sor happy for you. Laney's here, her record is out. It's called Whirlwind, And it's also wild to look and see that you already have seven number ones, Like I felt like, Hey, I'm Bobby, I'm Laney. I mean, it felt like they just happened. They're doing to get you bet and at the same time, it's also like twenty years right, it's like two different versions at once. But the fact that you've had such such success, and it's so cool because obviously you know right now as much as you can and you're everywhere, and it's cool. It's really cool to see at all man all for you. Ei there she has our friend Lanny Wilson to check out. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 3: So there's this nine year old boy, Derek.
Speaker 5: His family was vacationing in California and they made it back to Texas and realize Derek left his little stuffed monkey at the hotel in California.
Speaker 3: Well, then they decided to hit.
Speaker 5: Up the old church chain because someone that went to their church was vacationing near where the hotel was, so they hit them up and they drove an hour to the hotel. Her name is Josephine Ortego, so shout out to her because she picked up the stuff monkey and then road tripped back to Texas with it, her and her boyfriend and they took little photos like you know, a monkey got a doctor pepper and watched the minions while they were driving, you know, sort of like flat Stanley style.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the kid loved it. Great for her drive an hour to get that monkey. But they were driving back home anyway, right, They didn't just drive home because they had the monkey with the monkey if they were flying guy, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: They they drove an hour to the hotel out of their way.
Speaker 1: Then an hour back and then out.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. It's super thoughtful. That kid had to be so happy to get his monkey back. I just bought him a new monkey, that's me sure, and the monkey got a road trip. That's really yeah. Yeah, alright, good story. Yeah great, that's that meant a lot to that kid. I'm sure that's what it's all about. That was telling me something good amy what happened?
Speaker 5: So my friend's car was hit and run, like a hit and run happened right outside of her house, and she had this suspicion that it's one of her neighbors, and so she's for like all weeks, she's been walking around, like trying to see if she saw dents that would match, like the the damage.
Speaker 3: You know, you think it was an because was it.
Speaker 1: A boom hit and run or was.
Speaker 5: It like a no fender type a fender bend, but like damage enough to where if you whoever hit it, they knew. And she just felt like it was where they were parked in the alley, that it had to be someone that parks back there too, And so she's been walking around and she found she found a car that had matching dins pain the whole situation.
Speaker 3: So you know, now she's like, how do I handle this?
Speaker 6: Like what do I do?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, I don't know that i'd say anything, Like they live right by you. What if it's awkward? Like why would they just do that and run? And why are they trying to hide it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awkward. That's so awkward. The same paint color, I'm assuming like it matches where they could have scraped the side if they were driving.
Speaker 3: She send me a picture as for yes, it's absolutely what happened.
Speaker 1: If you were the judge, would you judge that that's the car? They hit her car.
Speaker 3: And now the car is like she did.
Speaker 5: The reason why she almost didn't notice that one for days is it parked out front in a different spot.
Speaker 3: Because she was like, oh, this is normally in the alley.
Speaker 5: Oh, and so she believes like, oh, are they intentionally now parking out front to sort of hope it dies down or maybe till they can get it fixed and make it look like not.
Speaker 3: But I told her I don't know.
Speaker 5: That I say anything, but she can't let it go, Like she's like this, who doesn't hit and run?
Speaker 1: Who does this?
Speaker 3: This is crazy? Like you're risking a felony.
Speaker 1: For I don't know if it's a felony with a mild like scratchy a hit run. You're saying hit and run as in somebody was in the car, you nailed them, and you drove off. This was like you accidentally scratch someone, you can also go out. Didn't know I even scratched them, So I don't felony. I don't know the word felony around.
Speaker 3: She was very passionate about that.
Speaker 5: She just thought like, why would you risk like an even larger charge for something that, Yeah, maybe you don't want to pay five hundred dollars for the DNT to fix it or whatever, but like you're facing something far worse. So she's just like out for justice right now, and I'm like, let it go. I don't want to be awkward with my neighbor.
Speaker 1: For damages under four hundred bucks. It's a classy missed a little more than that, but it's not a felony for them wondering.
Speaker 8: And they probably fled because maybe they've been drinking. They're like, oh, I don't want to get in trouble, so I'd rather several of the consequences later.
Speaker 1: Or it could have been a kid was driving the car, or it could have been they don't have the money right now, they're insurance, Like there're all these things. What would I do?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I would take I think I'll write in a note and I would put it on a few of the cars around there, and I'd go, hey, someone has hit my car. If you've seen it, please.
Speaker 9: Let me know.
Speaker 1: I live here at this address. The color of the cars seems to be this, uh, any information, let me know, and I'd put it on like four or five cars, but I'd be sure to put it on the car that had the scratches, because then they know, you know, and you didn't just target them, and.
Speaker 3: You didn't have to like go knock on their door, and then they.
Speaker 1: Know you know. And then what happens is you'd go four or five, then you go over to them later and go hey, to knock on the door, leave another note, Hey, sorry to bother you. A couple of folks said that maybe somebody was driving your car scratch my car. But when I put the notes on everyone's car, I just want to check and make it did that happen, because then you have a reason to actually go there. It's not just you accusing. You can blame it on another note. That's if you want justice, if you want real justice, ty Iron, Oh no, no, but that's real justice. That's real justice. I'm not advising real justice. But if she's doing that, that's if she just goes up and a straight accusatory toward them, you did it, because maybe they didn't. Maybe everything just happens to be.
Speaker 5: But maybe they didn't, right, because not like she has actual footage of it.
Speaker 1: If I were strategizing, i'd go multiple notes, and then the multiple notes, I would go, if anyone has any doorcam footage or anything, please let me know, because all that's going to do is freak out the person that really did it. That someone's going to turn in the door cam footage and they never have to turn it in and the other person can't prove that they did or didn't turn it in. That's what i'd do. I'd freak them out and then I'd be like, hey, we have this is awkward, but some people said that they could have been your car that's scratched. If you're super nice, I think you can take care of and justice is served. Okay, That's what I would do, Like three levels deep, I think I.
Speaker 3: Can get on mored with that.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I don't understand your three levels deep, Like I'm like, what why would you go through all of that? Like she used to like dance around whatever, But in this case, I'm here for.
Speaker 1: It, but also a neighbor, and you're always gonna have to live by them.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you don't want awkwardness or them to like.
Speaker 1: Murder me yes, murder y yes, yes, yeah, let me know if she decides to do that. If you posted, I hope she does. I want to sell all my experiments come to lack. That'll be great. The new poll reveals the best and worst ways to propose. Half people say that the best time to post during the romantic dinner. Other good times are during a holiday, on vacation, or during a concert. That's one, two, three, and four. The worst text phone call at a fast food restaurant or at their parents' house. So that's best and worst. And I saw this and I thought, I bet you our listeners have some pretty great stories. And let's go to Renee in Indiana, who's on the phone right now. Renee, thank you for calling. What's going on?
Speaker 9: Well, it wasn't the worst way to suppose, but you just didn't put a lot of spot into it. He put the ring box on the dash of his truck and said, it's yours if you want it.
Speaker 2: Someone's in mind. I heard romance.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's like a movie, like a few grants not starting in that in the next three years.
Speaker 3: And so what did you say?
Speaker 9: Granted we had just found out I was pregnant, and I was nineteen, he was twenty, and I said, yes, of course, we were married for thirty three years now.
Speaker 1: So and all that's great, and the story around it. I understand all the circumstances, but you know what, taking you to a park and just getting on a knee saying, hey, will you marry me? Ain't that hard to do? Hey, say, bogs, look at it. If you like it, all right, it's yours if you want it. That's awesome. Though. I appreciate you telling that story, and I love that it's worked out, and I love that you're probably happily married, and you're a goal for everybody that wants to be happily married.
Speaker 9: You know, yes, and like I said, he just wasn't that kind of a Roman bid die. It's all worked out and.
Speaker 10: I love him to dad.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Well, thank you for sharing that, Renee. I hope you have a great day.
Speaker 9: Thanks bye, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I see you later. Here's another Renee in Arkansas. Renee, you're on the Bobby Bone Show. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Bobby, Good morning studio morning. So my husband and I have been married thirty five years, and so it just.
Speaker 11: Did work out.
Speaker 3: But he too puts.
Speaker 10: We were in a truck, and he did think. He put some thought into it. He put the ring down in his sock and so as we were driving, we came to a stop and he threw his leg up on the dash and he said, hey, babe, look in that sock and see what you find.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: And you did, what what I'm digging in your sock? Yeah, get in my sock and you see what you find. I kind of anticipated a proposal, but that threw me off. It's like, what is getting your sock? And it was a ring?
Speaker 1: Renate Thank you, have a great day. Over to Karen in North Dakota. Karen, you're on the Bobby Bone Show. What's going on?
Speaker 10: So my husband we've been married almost twenty six years, but we had been living together about four years and we were shopping in Best Buy and we were walking and he said, let's just go check out the rings and I said, well why and he said, because we should probably get married.
Speaker 2: Oh that was it.
Speaker 1: Now, it's probably most loving story if it's in like a rings show, like like in the movies, or like at Tiffany's and the guys like let's just little men. All the lights come on, you know, but he was an electronics store, so probably I didn't even know they had screens on them.
Speaker 3: Or maybe one of those coras.
Speaker 1: They had rings best by that's a great point they did, was best by selling different things back then.
Speaker 10: They must have been because they definitely had rings.
Speaker 1: Well, and you've been married.
Speaker 6: I didn't get it.
Speaker 10: We didn't get a ring from there, but we that's where we That's where I got proposed to, basically.
Speaker 3: And then when did the ring come.
Speaker 10: I ended up getting my ring.
Speaker 3: I ended up getting the ring.
Speaker 10: From his mother who was passed on. So the ring means much more than my ring. But the proposal will always be a best buy proposal.
Speaker 11: Nice.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for the story. Hope you have an awesome day.
Speaker 10: Can I tell you something really quick?
Speaker 1: Would love to hear what's going on.
Speaker 10: My granddaughter is Keen and she's in the car. We watch or we listen every single morning on the way to school. And she did tell me this morning when I was trying to call, she said, what is the point of Bobby telling everybody to call if you can't even get through? But I did get through, so I thought that was pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is she there with you're not going to talk to her.
Speaker 6: She is.
Speaker 10: Her name is Aubrey.
Speaker 1: Say hi, Aubrey, Aubrey. How's it going? It's Bobby Bones. Guess what she got through? It's all right. Well, thank you for listening, and we appreciate you calling. And I'm happy to hear your marriages is long and strong.
Speaker 9: Long and strong.
Speaker 1: All right, see you later. Thank you for the calls. Ray, you want to do more of these or you want to just punt on calls? You move on to another subject. We can do it. I'm giving you the keys of the castle today. We move on to another segment. Steve smarter than me. I want Ray's opinion. Ray, no more calls, because that seemed like a good book, and that you're going to stress him out. Stressed out? Ray, I was asking you. I was giving you the authority to say, do we want to do another segment or not? I know, but Steve's the executive time for you to have a little bit to say so too, like make decisions.
Speaker 11: He's going to text his wife and ask her what, Ray, does your wife make all the decisions in your house?
Speaker 1: She makes a lot of them. Ray came hndle that pressure. Are you not a pressure guy? Are you not a guy that wants to be? You know, the guy that's pulling the strings, making the decision. I mean, I deal with pressure, But I mean if I can defer to somebody else, I do. Why not? Got it? Big defer guy?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 3: Does anybody? Is anybody else? Notice that Ray's skin is glowing today.
Speaker 1: He's shiny. I don't know if glowing is the word, but shiny is the word. Thank you? Why I mean I got this spray? It's like a toner. It's like wet. I think that's what it is. He's just like wet. He miss himself. Ray's got products you over there? It's either products or supplements. We were walking into that little room. Raise our audio guy, by the way, who runs all the sounds here. On the show, right the sparkling water challenge. You all have a cup of sparkling water and on TikTok, it's can you do it without burping? First of the last, The longest gets twenty bucks. Okay? Oh yeah, Morgans, So you'd be watching Eddie Mike, you watch Lunchbox and don't try to slip a little burp out like this. Oh yes, and Amy you're just honest, so I trust you. All right, here we go. She needs a judge.
Speaker 2: She's already drinking.
Speaker 1: He's right here, judge, you're already drinking. Yeah, fifteen, I guess a chug your Oh g yeah, it's a chug. Let's go go. Here we go.
Speaker 12: Oh, Amy just throwing? All right, the hungebox is done. Oh crap, it's coming up. Oh it's coming up. Swallow it down.
Speaker 1: My eyes. The goal is not to burn Amy thinks, hilarry, Who did dude?
Speaker 2: Watery eyes? Water?
Speaker 1: What's in this?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you asked. Put voda a lot. I'm called arsenic. This this is how everybody gets poison and dies on the air Jim Jones style. Hey man, I think I think I'm past it. You are I think I think I'm past you both go past it?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I don't do anymore.
Speaker 1: Now. It's a challenge.
Speaker 5: Is this when we tell him let's go, only psychopaths don't burp?
Speaker 7: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Gamy's drunk from the spikling water? You guys, I know I'm good. I'm still water. Are your eyes water?
Speaker 2: I don't know what's wrong with me? What's wrong with it?
Speaker 1: Here we go. Let's do another shotter to one. Go okay, chuck, chuck, chuck, How did you do that? No more on lunches, cop, No more an Eddie's cup. Oh crap, it's right there. Oh, don't do it. Oh man, it's right on my neck. Yeah, don't do it? All right, Eddie staring at my down pass it's down and let it out.
Speaker 2: But it let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you not feel anything?
Speaker 2: My eyes keep water, But even just.
Speaker 3: A tiny sip like that, I feel it.
Speaker 1: I don't need to burp it all.
Speaker 2: I feel like I want to throw up because this stuff is terrible to you.
Speaker 1: It's still there. It's bubble in. But I'm not throwing up, I mean burping.
Speaker 3: I take one sip.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yes, that's just for lunch. Well, I just don't worry about you guys. The price then all right, you both.
Speaker 3: That's impressive.
Speaker 6: Are we done?
Speaker 1: What's up? Are we done with the competition. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to hold it in.
Speaker 1: Now. Do you have one on your on the tip of I think it's down dying.
Speaker 2: For him now, I can feel it is a diying for him.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, man, I'm good. You guys good, I'm good. I'm good. Go to commercial, all right, you can burn, go ahead. I don't need to. I don't trust you. I don't trust you. They don't need to, all right. Simon says, you can, no, but we're not playing. Simon says, I hear you. Yeah, he's got it. Now you can. I don't need to burn, you know at all? I feel it in my stomach. It all went down there, but I don't need to burn. I was gonna b pro when I got that money.
Speaker 13: I was turning at hard like it doesn't feel good. Bones, I'm very I don't know. All right, all right, it's time for the news.
Speaker 6: Ready.
Speaker 11: So a couple of weekends ago, Bones, you and I were a fanatics fest, right, Yeah, it's big sports.
Speaker 1: I would say it's like Comic Con for sports. Tom Brady was there talking, or you can like run the forty yard dash, or you can go look at cards. It's like in every way.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking, Like when I saw it, I was like, oh, this is like Bravo Con.
Speaker 1: For sports, which is like Comic Con for Bravo. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all that all that, But I didn't know this was happening.
Speaker 11: Apparently there was a costume contest going on there and the winner she dressed up as a Bills fan but jumping on a table. Her whole costume was a Bills fan jumping on table, which is what the Bills fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they jump off like wrestling and wrestling at me when they jump off the top row. Person, they jumped through tables. Bill's mafia does, that's their And that was her costume.
Speaker 11: And so she won the first prize, like the main prize.
Speaker 1: Dude, this prize is crazy.
Speaker 11: So for the next year, she's got tickets to the super Bowl, the World Series, NBA Finals, Stanley Cup Finals, em I Lu's Cup, WrestleMania, and UFC.
Speaker 1: Wow. All that she got for that costume contest. That's this is prize I've ever heard of. Yeah, every one of the championships. That's wild. I thought that was so I saw the costume. It's pretty good. She's she's on a table leaning back. It looks like she's falling through it, but she's really not. But it's part of the costume.
Speaker 11: The Nable List do, why did we not get dressed up when we win?
Speaker 1: We weren't gonna win or think of that. Dang, that's awesome. That's like lunch. Why don't think of a million dollar idea? Well, we just didn't have them. But yeah, that is the greatest prize I've ever heard, other than like winning lottery. This is pretty cool. That's pretty cool. That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. Wake Up, wake up and radio time Eddie, unchbox more game two, Steve red and it's trying to put you through fock. He's running this wigs next minit and Bobby's on the box.
Speaker 10: So you know this.
Speaker 1: Is about it all. One of our favorite voicemailers, Trucker Joe, left us this message.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bobby, when somebody wins easy to you, ain't they supposed to eliminate somebody so.
Speaker 10: Somebody else can play.
Speaker 1: Correct? Oh, we played our whole first match on Friday in the new season. Eddie's the champion, Eddie, you can still eliminate somebody. Wow, it doesn't matter who it is. Huh. Let me think about this for a second, because if you win, you get to cut someone. So if you don't cut someone the next five seconds, we're moving on with life.
Speaker 11: I mean, Amy's my main competitor, so If I cut her, I have a better chance to win it.
Speaker 1: She did cut you once. Yeah, let's cut Amy, cut it. Wow, just like that, Amy, you're out. Tructor Joe breaks into Justice and what does that put Abby in?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Whoever did really? Just an empty chair? Wow, justice is sir, Thank you, truck or Joe. And now she's got to the morning corny right after that? Oh no, oh no, all right, let's go to the morning Corny, the mourning Corny.
Speaker 3: Why was the baby jalapeno shivering?
Speaker 1: Why was the baby jalapino shivering?
Speaker 3: It was a little chilly.
Speaker 1: Here's a falling down her face. That was the morning Corny. How do you feel about that? Amy?
Speaker 10: I get it.
Speaker 3: I had to do it to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. It's part of the game.
Speaker 5: It's hard being the competition. Yeah, you know so, I guess it's a compliment.
Speaker 1: Sure, you've take that away or whatever. Bobby Bone show, Sorry after day.
Speaker 2: This story comes us from Iowa.
Speaker 8: A forty eight year old man was at home with his dad when his dad was like, hey, man, can you cover up your feet?
Speaker 2: Your feet stink? He said, what he goes, Yeah, those are nasty. So the sun shot the dead.
Speaker 1: I would imagine there was some some beef prior to the feet. Sure, stinky argument. I would imagine there is a long history of these two not getting along and then this was just a final straw.
Speaker 2: And he did ask him to wash his feet.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, I would imagine there was a lot more to it than just the feet thing. Nobody died, No one died. Allow. We don't allow deaths.
Speaker 2: No, there's no deaths. That's why this one is allowed. This is why it's allowed.
Speaker 1: Anyone have stinky feet because I do not have stinky feet. My shoes don't stink.
Speaker 11: Depending on what I wear, like if I wear shoes without socks for like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I guess I never.
Speaker 1: I never do that, So maybe that's why.
Speaker 3: I don't know how people do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he never throw them on.
Speaker 1: I feel like it makes the shoes smell long term. Sure it does. Okay, you guys are also boneheads for doing that.
Speaker 2: I'm much box at your boneheads. Story of the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go talk to Mitchell in Knoxville, Tennessee. Mitchell, you're out, buddy.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you've noticed in Nashville, but in Knoxville there's more and more people running, not just stop signs, red light. So I dropped the kids off at school this morning. On my way back, I was like, I'm just gonna pull over this gas station seats, you know, see if I see anybody running. Out of twenty cars, five people ran the red light. And I don't know if you guys are seeing that more in Nashville or not, but it's it's kind of sketchy. I didn't want to talk about it on the radio, didn't want to entice more people to do it, right, but you know, I just wanted to ask you the question, like, if you pull up to a red light, look both ways and no one's coming, do you run the thing or do you waste dreamlight?
Speaker 1: Different question? Okay, Okay, I now see what he's saying. If it's yellow and I'm not too far back, I'm trying to beat it. That's not running red light because yellow means hurry, right, Yeah, it's you're pretty far away that it means yield slow. It's about to change, but it depending where you are in the relationship with the yellow light. Sure, the yellow light means different things. If you're pretty close and there's no car in front, of you. Oh what really burns me up is if somebody's in front, there's plenty of time to get under the yellow, and they slam on their brakes. That's the worst.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: It's like, bro, you could have made it. You easily could. I could have made it right. And I'm not an aggressive driver.
Speaker 3: That's what I say.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked.
Speaker 3: I think you're the yielder at all times.
Speaker 1: I'm got to get somewhere on time at all times. And if it's safe, yellow doesn't mean slam on your brakes. Yellow means if you're far back, start slowing down because it's about to turn red. But if you're underneath it, here's a gas. They left in parentheses he's a gas. So okay. I thought that's what he meant. Like people were running the after it turns red, they just go under. Now, I think it's a different story. If you get to a red light and there's nobody around. I am a real follower. If I get to a red light and there's no one around, I do not run the red light because I think somewhere behind a bush there is a police officer that is watching, and boo, I'm gonna get run. So I won't run it. However I can't. I'm not gonna be mad at somebody who if there's no reason to sit there, amy red light, no one's around, do you go through it?
Speaker 3: Yes? Not listen, not during the normal day.
Speaker 1: God our citizens arrest, all right, Huh.
Speaker 5: Like when we're on our way to work and it's early in the morning and there's not that many people on the road, and somehow I'm at some red light that is gonna cause me to be late here and I'm sitting there unnecessarily. And if there's not that many people on the road, that is when I do it. But if it's two pm, no, I'm not doing it because I don't.
Speaker 1: Think any of us are doing it at two pm daylight. No, no, I'm gonna send I'm doing it middle of the night too. But you're saying middle of the night, no one's around, you're gonna go and run through it if you're late, correct.
Speaker 11: Eddie, three am, no problem, three pm, not doing it?
Speaker 1: Do you think twice about it at three am?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 11: If I'm like sometimes you're like coming out of a neighborhood and those lights just don't change for summer. If you're not back and forth, back and forth, and you do that twenty times, it's still not changing. I'll look. I mean, if it's more than in three minutes, I'm looking, like, what's happening here?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go.
Speaker 2: And what's funny is is not more than three minutes. It feels like three minutes because you're sitting there.
Speaker 8: There no cars going by, but it feels like it's forever.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, all right, I'm out of here.
Speaker 5: What do you do.
Speaker 2: During the day. I've done it where I run it, but I treat it like a stop someday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great. And we're not talking about right on red because that can be treated like a stop sign.
Speaker 2: Like I'm sitting there and I'm looking and I'm just sitting there like there is no one around. This is so dumb. But in the middle of the night, if it's dark out, see.
Speaker 1: You, Mitchell. We had the conversation. How do you feel about our thoughts on what you told us?
Speaker 6: All perfect? I agree with everything. It's the louts read for a long period of time, probably running it, but more of the story has looked both ways because you don't know who's coming and who's going to respect a lot, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the larger moral of the story, even more than just traffic, is look both ways because you never know who's coming. That's right in life. Bobby Bones the Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced and sang by Reid Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Ray Mundo, Head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.