Speaker 1: Welcome back to I Do Part two. I am one of your celebrity mentors, Jen Pessler, and I am here at live in the vineyard in beautiful Napa Valley. I am having the best time with I Do Part two.
Speaker 2: Crewe new friends.
Speaker 1: I'm actually seeing some old friends. So we've been talking about this little match making moment that we've had here on the podcast, and I have sitting next to me, the man of the hour. I want you guys to please welcome Pascal from the Golden Bachelorette back to the pod. Hello, my new friend, how are you. I am so happy to be sitting here with you. We have had a chance to get to know each other a little bit tonight. Yes, and it's been an absolute pleasure.
Speaker 3: Same here.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you for saying that, Pascal.
Speaker 1: Yes again, I've had a chance to spend a little bit of time with you today into tonight and it's been a pleasure. I'm a big fan already. I watched a little bit of you on the Golden Bachelorette. You got very close to the end there, but you were charming. I was charmed, the audience was charmed. I think Joan was charmed. The world was charmed. But now we're going to talk about Kelly being charmed. So Pascal, talk to me about you and Kelly. You slid into her DMS. Tell me why, and then we're going to get into a little bit about how the night went.
Speaker 3: Slim into the d M.
Speaker 4: I think there was a little misunderstanding in here because I think what I found out from Giddy then he went into the you know, the story about the the Valentine's Days, about the mystery that she was going to take for the Music Award, and I found that. Then the guy was going to go with her, and then I ended up seeing her with Gary, and I talked to Gary on the phone. I said, what happened? So Gary start telling me a little bit about the story. So you know, that's how we get in touch Killy and I.
Speaker 3: And then I think that's it.
Speaker 1: You but you heard that she wasn't with guys, she was Gary. And then you just listen to her DMS because you thought, let me jump on board this.
Speaker 3: She said, she said, trying to be funny. Yes, mostly try to be funny.
Speaker 4: And then you know she told her, I said, I think I would have better better match as a as a joke.
Speaker 1: You know, by the way, did you know anything about her at this point? You didn't hear the podcast?
Speaker 2: Had you? Did you listen to the Daily Game one?
Speaker 3: I heard about the didn't game.
Speaker 4: I heard about the didn't game and Valentines when she had to choose one of the board and bachelors you go to the fisty of the Music Award. So I heard that from Gary as well as I heard that from guys. Okay, okay, But I didn't know anything about Katy. I didn't know who she was.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I had no idea who she was. You know, she looked like not either, no, no, no, nothing.
Speaker 1: It was just like, you know what she says, be funny, all right, So you took a little chance there, that's a little chance.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So if I say it one more time, I'm going to throw up. I hate the expression slid into her dms. Yes, the dumbest expression. Excuse me, I agree, thank you. But now here we are at live in the vineyard, the beautiful Napa Valley, California, and you meet the beautiful Kelly ben Simon. So just tell me what was your first impression.
Speaker 4: The first time I saw that she's very attractive. Definitely, she's tall, she's feet, she's a fashionable.
Speaker 2: She met her when she was in a bikini from Actually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was working out of my hotel oom. I was walking downstairs and she was at the pool at the time. She woke out of the pool and that's how we met. So I met her in a bikini, so I was it was there already, So.
Speaker 2: Of course she's right, right.
Speaker 4: She's attractive, she's she's well spoken, she's uh, she's got.
Speaker 3: A good personality. She's she's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Was she what you pictured when you were, you know, talking to her on the pod?
Speaker 4: I didn't, I didn't. I told she was she was, yes, yes, me not taking the podcast. We were both sitting down so we couldn't really see the high But.
Speaker 2: That is that a turn on for you? Do you like tall women?
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I like to be the dominant. Yeah, you know I'm five eleven.
Speaker 2: Five eleven, Yeah that is tall, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you like I like to be a little bit taller, yes, yes, yes, so tell me. I mean, we just came back from this whole adventure, and I guess you seem very confident to me.
Speaker 2: Were you nervous at all.
Speaker 1: I mean I watched you guys from the getting here, and you seem very just, I don't know, sure of yourself easy.
Speaker 2: Did you feel that way? Were you nervous?
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't nervous.
Speaker 4: I mean remember one time, I mean, I mean nine us toe where I deal with women all day long.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is what I do for a living.
Speaker 4: So I'm much more comfortable with women than i am with men. Wow, So to me, it's very easy when there is a woman around me. It's very easy for me to engage your conversation because that's what I do. So No, I wasn't insecure at all. I feel very confident.
Speaker 3: I knew then.
Speaker 4: Whatever happened after that experience is killing. I would be friend, okay, And that's the best part of it is I get a new friend today.
Speaker 2: I wish that everyone.
Speaker 1: I hope that everyone's listening who is single and who is looking for love. Here's what Pascal just said, and Kelly and I spoke about it a little bit and takes it to heart, like at the end of the day when you were out there and you were dating. I think the best attitude is when you meet someone who probably not going to be a love connection. But guess what I'm going it to make a new friend. Maybe who knows, we'll hit it off in a different way. But that is the best, healthiest attitude in my humble opinion. I'm sorry to interrupt, Please go on.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I think to me, that's the way I look at it.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes you look at somebody and you're very attractive to them, and then when you meet them there is not that spark. But it doesn't mean because there is not that spark, then you cannot be friends. So I think you you know, sometimes you meet some people and you look at them and say, you know, you better keep them as a friend and lovers. And I think Kelly is a very attractive looking woman. I think she's got a lot of class, she's got a great personality. But I see her more as a friend than a partners.
Speaker 2: Okay, so interesting.
Speaker 1: What was there anything specific that she said did that made you feel that way that?
Speaker 4: No? I don't know, No, no, not at all. I think I think we're a wonderful conversation. You're on that event where we're together, you know, I mean the as I need, you know, to meet all about chemistry. You know, you know when the chemistry is.
Speaker 3: There or not.
Speaker 4: You know, have enough experience over over the years my daddy, in my marriage. I know then to me, chemistry is extremely important.
Speaker 2: And it gets like, yes.
Speaker 4: She sees somebody will say, you know, that's the person you want to get to know. You know there is there is fire there, okay. And to me, when I see Kelly, I see, don't get me wrong, Katy is.
Speaker 3: Kelly is a beautiful woman.
Speaker 4: She's an out Okay, she's she's mean, she's got a lot of confidence, and I thank you she's she's a wonderful woman.
Speaker 3: But I need that spark.
Speaker 4: And I had the same problem when I was in the Bachelor. I didn't have I didn't have the spark for John. And John is a wonderful woman. She's classy, well spoken, well dressed, elegant, easy to talk to, but I just didn't have that spark.
Speaker 1: I think that Kelly could tell and we'll bring her in and we'll talk a little more about that that you weren't feeling that spark. I don't think she Maybe we should save this from when she's actually in the room. But yeah, I think you guys are a little simpotical, like she was feeling what you were putting out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was, she was getting that.
Speaker 1: Did you was there anything that you may have learned about her about I don't know her parenting style or her type, like do you think about her and do you think listen, she's a great woman. I'm sure you do think this, but not for me. Do you think of anybody else you would want to set her up with? You see, do you have any ideas in terms of like who she would click with if it wasn't you or why?
Speaker 4: You know, you know what, I'm not a good matchmakers, you know, as you just don't know her that well. Mean I did spend all the time we serve and we talked a little bit about her.
Speaker 2: Marie Gievo was flirting going on. Was there anything?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, nothing like that. I think you know, we talked a little bit about her ex husband or children.
Speaker 3: Where she live?
Speaker 4: How long did you have found out? And she was even in France in publish for quite a few years. She speaks French fluently, so we engage a bit of the French conversation together.
Speaker 3: That was wonderful.
Speaker 4: But no, she didn't do anything to turn me off or make me get away from it to enjoy your company, as you just don't think this is a good fit for me.
Speaker 1: So I just want to say this to our listeners. And I'm not a psychiatrist, I'm not a relationship expert. I'm just putting it out there, like what I'm hearing from you is so interesting, Like it just because Kelly is a knockout and smart and successful and a wonderful mother. But for some whatever it was, the planets were not aligning. You didn't feel it, and there wasn't that little tiny bit of chemistry. And I think that where from where Kelly's coming from. I think maybe she would have given it a little more time in space and maybe, you know, seeing it out.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the right thing here is.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm not a relationship expert, but it sounds like for you, you're the type of man that if you don't feel it, you don't feel it, You're not going to feel it. Let's be friends. You can appreciate the fact that she's beautiful and desirable and wonderful time about her, but the chemistry wasn't there, and so you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's not It's not always about beauty. Okay, you know it's not always a baud beauty. I think I think beauty is we we have a tendency to be a little bit too superficial by looking at a woman who want her to be beautiful. I mean, I've been out with some beautiful woman where the chemistry wasn't there, and I went out with some women weren't so attractive where the chemistry was there.
Speaker 3: I think it's not it's not about a beauty.
Speaker 2: It's just something chemical.
Speaker 3: The chemical.
Speaker 4: The chemistry wasn't there, and that's not Sometimes you could you could develop you have it or you don't mean sometimes you know, I've meet someone it's there. I know. I wanted to get to need this person. I want to engage your competion.
Speaker 3: I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Get to know her and Kallie, I want to get to know her as a friend. I was I don't think there is any physical attraction. And again, she's a very attractive looking woman, but she's not the type of woman I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I'm thinking that this is so healthy and fabulous that we could like talk about it. You can be you know, so appreciative of who she is and yet say it just didn't there was no spark for me, And I don't know, like it just makes to me if I'm single, I feel like that's so encouraging.
Speaker 2: You know, you can go out with someone.
Speaker 1: They could see that you're a wonderful person, interesting, beautiful, intelligent, and just that's okay that there's not a spark there, and so you just we just keep moving, right because you can spark with someone else. Yes, yes, yes, it's not about Kelly or you necessarily or it's just it's there.
Speaker 4: It's not and that's I mean, you know you know it when he's there, now, you know. I mean I I've got enough experience over the years we's dating and Madge, yeah, and I know then you know he has to be that special sense, that special touch, the special you want.
Speaker 1: I think that some people feel like like maybe Kelly felt like she would have given it some more time, and maybe that would have you guys could have found that, But it doesn't really matter in the end. You both it seems to me you both thought that she thought wonderful things about you as well. She had all nice things to say. Okay, so now we move on, But before we move on, we're bringing Kelly back in Okay, Okay, which you know is going to be fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're all adults. Yes, I think this is so evolved. We've handled it all so beautifully. Yeah, and we're going to bring back your new friends. Okay, Kelly be love to two