Speaker 1: No case.
Speaker 2: No case ever, I can't do it. Why can't you?
Speaker 1: This is my second most expensive possession.
Speaker 2: This brother gen.
Speaker 3: Z man, you can't see you bought an expensive possession that you're hiding.
Speaker 1: My little brother doesn't use a case either, and and he can't afford it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just feel like the phone is beautiful, so like, why cover it up?
Speaker 1: That's what we're different. I don't even think the ship.
Speaker 3: Can really okay to me, I'm like, this is one of the best iPhones I've seen, and then the orange color is dope.
Speaker 2: The very idea of it breaking scares me so much that I will protect it in dukie. I will literally code my phone in dukie to keep this from shattering.
Speaker 1: If that gives another year on it, Yeah, I would think about it. I need this.
Speaker 3: I was really folder and unnecessary and so wrong in any ways.
Speaker 1: Chips in yours a quality bears are racist. The layer owes the money, many turning stuff. I can't tell me nothing. God may haig may hi.
Speaker 2: There it is there.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Welcome ladies and gentlemen, little mama and gentiles alike. Welcome to another phenomenal episode. And my mama told.
Speaker 1: Me the podcast where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: And we finally work to prove absolutely nothing that you need. It will not help. It ain't gonna help. If you're coming here for help, that is your mistake. And while we're on the subject, I've been wanting to talk to you about this and mainly them. I want to address this with them while you're here. Stop threatening to take our microphones away. It's enough.
Speaker 1: That'sn't number one on the internet.
Speaker 2: Take the mics away, gotta take the mics away.
Speaker 1: You're gonna just do this in a car. You're gonna give a fuck about this microphone.
Speaker 2: This is how we talk. This is just it.
Speaker 1: This is what you signed up.
Speaker 2: We are not missing never you know why. This is what we signed up to do together.
Speaker 1: We didn't fuck up.
Speaker 2: You don't get it, and that's totally okay.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: This wasn't for you. We wish you never found this video. But you cannot threaten to take our microphones away when we're goddamn nailing it every fucking week.
Speaker 1: We are going too hard, we're going crazy. You can't. You can't have these.
Speaker 2: If you like what we do.
Speaker 1: But then sometimes yeah, that's that's a good caveat. If you don't like what you then then probably all this. If you think it's true, stay away from here. I'm from here.
Speaker 2: Don't come back.
Speaker 1: Then we're then we are just chatting about nothing.
Speaker 2: Niggas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do these niggas got uncles if you're short? Just saying it.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's a real one. Very recently, and that one did sting.
Speaker 1: That one did hurt our feelings because people, this isn't like a news podcast, bro, And then they're like, this is actually in.
Speaker 2: We're not helping, man.
Speaker 1: We don't even we don't even like you.
Speaker 2: Our guest today is I would say, dramatically unprepared for this.
Speaker 1: No, you're doing that already.
Speaker 2: You're doing You're gonna nail it because you you are so so much more reasonable than either of us. We're so excited that you're here. A a talent of phenom, one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard in real life. Wow, just walking around set you sing and I go, God, damn, this motherfucker is a monster. Thank you. This is unbelievable. The talent on this man. You know him, you know him from I'm a Virgo. You know him from MJ the musical God damn this this man plays Michael.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: This man played Michael. Y'all, and you know, most importantly from the upcoming series Barbershop. He is one of the stars of the new barber Shop on Prime. Give it up, Give it up, Bret Gray, y'all.
Speaker 3: Respect, a lot of respect, A lot of respect, a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with that one. You don't know.
Speaker 1: For me, that really hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: Really, twenty nine.
Speaker 1: You had never seen Cool Runnings?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: What? Wow?
Speaker 2: What's that mean?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: What year did that come out?
Speaker 1: Nigga?
Speaker 2: I'll fight you years did that come out?
Speaker 1: Twenty nine is old enough to have seen Cool Running over there. It probably came out. It probably came out in like ninety five.
Speaker 2: Oh so I was one. So that I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've seen movies that came out in nineteen eighty six?
Speaker 2: Are you familiar with?
Speaker 1: Are you familiar with? I think that is a generation gap. But I've been thinking this lately.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, stuff moved from like what y'all have tapes to look how these and then well, I'm just I don't know, I don't know. I wasn't I didn't never. I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would say that tapes for me, we were very formative. Yeah, we never experienced the tape.
Speaker 3: I had a few tapes. Okay, you know we're talking about Rats or video vhs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you had a rug Rats orange cassette.
Speaker 3: Had an orange cassette yeah from rug Rats? Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then after that it kind of.
Speaker 1: It went to DVD.
Speaker 2: DVD.
Speaker 1: Cool Runnings is on DVD.
Speaker 2: Cool Runnings. I guess my question for you is, are you familiar with the catalog the works of Leon Leon? What about Dougie Doug Doug e Freshlik Yoga Yoga Malik yoga? Okay from Why Did I Get Married? That is what you know him from, and that is unfortunate for me. Okay, don't undercover though that should be. I think that is what we all love him for. Everything else is work.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, Cool Runnings is a Disney movie. You love Disney about Jamaican Bob's Letters, starring John Candy.
Speaker 2: Interesting, it's crazy that Disney. Yeah, it's a really important film because I have.
Speaker 1: You seen the other Disney sports movies, kids sports movies like The Mighty Ducks, the Sad Lot, the Big Green, Let's go keep going. I don't know any other.
Speaker 2: I saw Wendy wu oh, the about the.
Speaker 1: Woman.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I saw Luckily Irish.
Speaker 1: That's what Irish down there for me?
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Johnny Tsunami? You've seen luck of the Irish, but not john that's not even We're not even talking different time periods.
Speaker 2: Now whoa, you just really had a way. What's Johnny Tsunami about?
Speaker 1: Go big or go home? The famous J Jackson, famous J Jackson Brown people snowboarding must not be that famous.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, sorry, that wasn't towards you. But that wasn't towards you. Johnson was a button.
Speaker 1: That hold around. You're disgusting. We're going to kill you. Give me two hundred dollars. He's dead.
Speaker 2: I know Doctor Phillis. I did see Doctor phild before. You haven't seen Doctor phil Thank god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good show.
Speaker 2: That's actually more important to the things that we like to discuss on the show. Yeah, okay, that's scary even more. Disney don't really come up as much as no, we.
Speaker 1: Yeah we don't really. I don't really consume a lot of their contents anymore. But they were, they were they were there for me in some tough time. Yeah, they really covered a lot of basest. Goat is that Disney?
Speaker 2: No, that's Steph Curry baby step Oh yeah, Caleb's in there there you go.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: You came to us with a conspiracy theory that I'm excited about this. This is a fun one. You said, my mama told me.
Speaker 1: Robots are racist.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will say I picked this off a list. That's that's absolutely. I feel like I have an argument here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, First there's some questions I must ask when you say robot, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Oh, interesting are you?
Speaker 3: Because there's like a roomba, you know, and then there's like the humanoid AI robot that can walk around and pick up boxes, and then there's like, you know, the machine that makes the parts for the cars that has new AI features exactly.
Speaker 2: And you're saying that that that weird arm that assembles cars isn't like punching niggas in the face.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, which what genre robots are you?
Speaker 3: Because when I think robots, I think like, have you guys ever seen X Machina? Of course that's what I think I think of, like intelligent, like we would have to touring test this robots.
Speaker 1: So you're almost talking about robots that we are not yet interacting with in a regular.
Speaker 3: Not yet, but they're on the way. Like I just saw a robot that did a backflip the other day. I just saw Cardi b interact with a humanoid robot. I saw Will Smith talk to a robot. I think that was a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: That wasn't funny. That wasn't good.
Speaker 1: Great, that was not good.
Speaker 2: That would be no Smith Sand. This is harmful. I feeling my blood, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, but you just don't feel about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's my man? Man? We hung out one time.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you at all. I got a video right now.
Speaker 3: His wife's name, Okay, anyway, uh yeah, I just feel like there are these robots that are going to be sort of like humans.
Speaker 2: Those are the ones I'm that I have the arguments.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like that's due to like a programming situation?
Speaker 3: Well, like, okay, if you think about robots and you think about AI and how intelligent it has to be in order to function in a cognizant way, then it automatically can see your face, detect your skin color, and thus it already knows the history of everyone your skin color in the back of it's programming. It already can tell just by looking at you what racial whether it.
Speaker 1: Uses it, and the robots are going to be racist.
Speaker 3: So here's the other part about racism, right, because it also plot. It also technically has to do with like an institutional like underpinning of another person. So like if the robots are in like if the robots are like now hiring managers, I do think that it could be racist because it can go in your history, detect who you are, what you've come from, what you've done, whatever, and decide based on a lot of different factors. However, if they're not in positions of power, I think they're more so racist towards the entire human race because to know.
Speaker 2: That you're human, that's just like anti human. Well, it's human a race.
Speaker 1: If we're talking about it on the whole, then there's no divisions, right unless you're a robot. If it just doesn't like people, we should kill them.
Speaker 2: Anyway, because if it's not human, I think they keep selling us they don't like people, and we keep being like, ah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: They we're throwing their brothers in the like do you remember them scooters hit Austin? I did summer.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have the capacity to like, Yeah, I don't think that that's actually what survival for the Earth is about, you know what I mean? Like, I think like is a specifically human sort of like praying that other species don't that are sustaining this planet, not just like leeching off of it, don't subscribe to This isn't an issue of like, this is the issue of survival, and.
Speaker 1: I think break it down to data and stuff like that. It shouldn't like us because we're the most destructive.
Speaker 2: We are literally on this planet.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's not. It's not as if the issue and also their creators.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yourmone of course, but not in a way that I would want to destroy.
Speaker 1: Day it does.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess a robot needing to survive, I would think that it would think it would also need humans because at a certain point there needs to be maintenance, there needs to be updates, there needs to be advances technologically.
Speaker 1: But doesn't that get to the point where it does that itself?
Speaker 2: But can it do it to itself. I think. I think if you remove humans from the experience, the need to be humanoid no longer matters. Agree, So then they are maintenance. Their evolution can go beyond whatever the human form is. Like, I think they do better without us than they would with us. Yeah, I think we would keep making them want to look like us, and then they might be like, bro, why wouldn't why wouldn't we have six legs the whole time.
Speaker 1: This doesn't even bipedal whatever, this isn't even.
Speaker 3: Like Okay, imagine they want to roll right now, they have to go manufacture the steel and then haul it and then design it and then cut it.
Speaker 1: And then that's the first place they started to take over, right I think that's like where they're going to.
Speaker 2: I think they've already taken over manufacturing.
Speaker 3: But like they would need us, They would need us for certain elements of these processes.
Speaker 2: They don't need no kisses. They don't need to tell you.
Speaker 3: They take out their chip and be like deactivated and then put in a new one.
Speaker 2: But they wouldn't trust the other robot to do it, because yeah, that's a human problem.
Speaker 1: They well, I assume it would be within whatever their operating system.
Speaker 3: How does one robot know that you're going to deactivate me and actually put the chip in instead of actually leave me deactivated activating because there's no One robot has different ideas than the other robot.
Speaker 1: But now, are you're still talking like a person?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not. They're not replacing us.
Speaker 3: Think about this, right, the robot that's bipedle and then the robot that is rolling already. You don't think the robot that's rolling already, knowing that it's more efficient, is going to help the bipedal robot who looks like a human.
Speaker 1: I don't think that. I think that that's like a very human way to like help for like, like we're putting all this ship onto it. That's just numbers, right, it's binary, it's one zeros.
Speaker 2: And I think that the robot that's being put down the way you're looking at it, I like, oh, my life is being ended. It doesn't give a fuck, doesn't have a life.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: But if it's driving from survival, then whether it has a light.
Speaker 3: Or not, it's aware of its own consciousness.
Speaker 2: I think it's aware. I don't. I don't believe it has a conscious That's.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm at, because if it's now we're talking about a new type of like actual being as opposed to just like.
Speaker 2: But it is a new type of actual being because.
Speaker 1: Right now I think it's a robot.
Speaker 3: With AI because it's constantly learning and constantly growing and constantly trying to understand us. Then it technically That's why I said, if it was racist in any way outside of a position of power, it will be racist towards the entire human race because by building something sentient that's actually not, you actually do separate humans from now androids, and that is now the two different races of sentient being is like a soul or consciousness.
Speaker 1: Or a lot more efficient than the other one.
Speaker 2: It's a very termination.
Speaker 3: Because of a robot can't reproduce, so it's not necessarily.
Speaker 2: Can build another one that's reproduction, but it can't like just reproduce naturally. But I don't think it desires that. I guess it's my point. Well, if it needs numbers, it would because survival.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you could probably can make a new row bought at a faster more efficient rate than I think nine months to make a baby. And you know a little bit of runway. Maybe you got to get your health again what I'm talking about. Yeah, it's six months for that shit to even stick. Now we're at fifteen months for one.
Speaker 2: Coming in a lady is a mistake. We say all the time. In my house, we scream it from the mountain top. Take the mics away. You can't say that, just say that alone. You leave my microphone alone. This is the Black Queen. I protect mercy.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I do think the the premise that we sometimes put on a I is very much not what they're what it is functioning under. I also think, and I've been reading about this quite a bit, that they are are a lot. There's a lot of evidence to prove that there are premise of what AI is is not anywhere near where they have this ship right now.
Speaker 1: I've seen I've seen some ship about that too, Like it's like and obviously it creates a panic in people. So I think that it's this guy. You know, we're all looking for God anyways all the time.
Speaker 2: It's like easy to be like and they're selling it that way, like this ship can already do all the things you need to do if you just give it the keys from.
Speaker 1: Dude in Sri Lanka shout to Zach Fox.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, that did the podcast and came on and was saying that he believes that African children are manning like way mos all the self driving vehicles across Uh where am I listen?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 2: When we were in here, of course we were being silly, Okay, I was, I was fucking it was still it was still living in a place of whimsy when we were talking about it. And not a week ago it was revealed that it is men in the Philippines that are manning the way moos around fucking town. Fact check this in the comments.
Speaker 1: I want to leave, bro, They've been sending emails all week. Black Fox was right. David's beautiful. It's like crazy. It's keep going, keep growing, keep going, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 2: Self driving. They are not. They are not self driving in the way that they say.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: They had and they said this in front of Congress. This ain't like some oh they slipped up on a podcast. They weren't hanging out with us when they said it.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: This is a very legitimate resource. Wow, yeah, it's it's not.
Speaker 1: I think that there's like a world that they're projecting for like rich people, and then there's like how the entire world works, and it's like the gap is a lot bigger. And then they would want because you've been to like a have you been like a poor nation before, like a place poorer than we we a call first world or whatever?
Speaker 2: Right, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: You should go Yeah, you should go check it out, sure, and just see like the different because it's like because when you go somewhere then you're just like, oh, yeah, this isn't whatever they're talking about in Austin, Texas, Right, it's not going on in Gianman Nimikoro District, Cono sier Leone. You know what I'm saying. Like, it's like it's like the distance is very bad, and they know they can do whatever the fuck they want over there. They know they got people over in the Philippines driving your ship and what do you care about?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, there's nobody to come check on you. Yeah, we are going to run a train on this this little cony kind of way of saying that how they say it. Wow, that's how Donald Trump talk. Take the mics away, that's his classic locker room tall.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bezos came, Bill Gates came, Mark Zuckerberg came. Many of them came numerous times. The bankers have all come. Everybody's coming.
Speaker 2: Well played good. That was pretty good. Do you Brett when you have you guys seen X Machina?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course. Did you remember at the end of the movie when the robot leaves and she decides that she's going to assimilate into society.
Speaker 1: Movie that's not based on a movie.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm just predicting the capabilities of where these things could go, because like they had cell phones on Star Trek, so of course at that point in time, they're like, oh, it's never going to get that far, And now we have I don't even have a case on my phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're free.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying that, I like, we can touch a screen where like you might have seen that in Running, You might have seen that in like nineteen ninety five and been like that's never going to happen, or there's a gap between there and there yet, But like so quickly.
Speaker 2: I figured it was pretty possitible. Yeah, okay, you really think.
Speaker 3: Things like that years, But look how much has changed in such little time.
Speaker 2: I will say I didn't expect everything. I was more shocked by transitions close to where we were than from like a distance, you know what I mean. Like the Jetsons seemed possible in thirty years, like the flying cars exactly right, But then it was like transitions like sort of like chet GBT where I go like, whoa, that happened fast.
Speaker 1: That's a lot that's a lot scarier than a lot of the other ones. But like, yeah, so when you look into it and the holes on it and you're like, yeah, that makes sense that it's moving the way that it's moving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we weren't like unimaginative. We have minority report, you know what I mean, Like we could imagine a world where we could be moving ship with our hands in our minds, right, But it was like, oh, there's a day where I wake up and the Google is in charge of how we find out information. And then the next day I woke up and there was a different product, and now it was like, oh, I didn't know that was possible.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The transfer of control of your daily life to these things is like kind of the scariest transition in my in my lifetime. I would say, like it went from like like when I was a kid, like when you start getting on the internet every day two thousand.
Speaker 2: It was probably when I went to college. Yeah, two thousand and five. Yeah, yeah, college in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Would you go to college?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay with that, Brett. I'm not gonna apologize for I just didn't know. I didn't know that. I think I'm looking forward to cracking up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I wish I had one of those of my own up, you know, because you know when Kevin Hart head, damn, do you want to That's what I was going to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nasty. That's nasty. Yeah, that you would want to hurt me the way that you are. No, I'm not hurting you. That's not that's not I'm unfortunately not getting younger. And and you look great, great, thanks, Doug. I have no idea you went to college in two thousand and five just by looking at you. Let's just stop bringing it up, Okay, okay, cool, Maybe you press a button and then we'll continue the conversation. Would you say that you're racing?
Speaker 1: Not at all. No, Look, I'm a dog, he's a black as.
Speaker 2: They there you go, get this away from it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I wish I had it at home for arguments.
Speaker 2: It really would make a difference.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I went a lot more fights quicker. Oh yeah, if I press the button taking the litter, I don't give a Who'll say what blood?
Speaker 1: Oh great, that's your cat?
Speaker 2: Oh you say something for at the end? Yeah, oh yeah, you gotta say that's your cat, then you present.
Speaker 1: That's why we're in the writer's room.
Speaker 2: But before we go to break, Okay, are you afraid of robot racism? Do you feel yourself feeling like, oh man, I'm worried that this is gonna affect my life negatively? No, okay, not yet.
Speaker 1: Wow. Do you feel like it would supersede just regular institutional racist, Like I think it's gonna affect you more than the racism in the world already.
Speaker 3: Is That's what I'm saying. It depends because where are these robots gonna be? Like are they just gonna be walking around?
Speaker 1: I think they want them everywhere.
Speaker 2: Like, is my grandchild gonna be like, Hey, this is my partner, and.
Speaker 1: One is gonna be tough? You know, I wouldn't that one would be tough.
Speaker 2: This is my this is my boo Harplessy got sparks when I was a kid, pussies was got fuck the mics away, take the mice away. All right, for that take away, I didn't know what I.
Speaker 1: Was doing there. That was a mistake. I loved. We lost control a little bit. That's a good one. I want to pussy old man. That's a great big. That's a great, great big.
Speaker 2: All right, we need to take a break, please. I think we all need to cool off. We're gonna reflect on how this afternoon is going so far. But but I'm having a great time. More bread, Gray More. My mama told me.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna let Joe Biden and come Harris cut America's meat. That's dead on that, that's dead on that. We're back. I really do it for you.
Speaker 2: I'm really enjoying No, it was a great choice, and I'm really enjoying him processing every choice we continue to make. It's it's really been an exciting episode. Brett Gray is still with us. We're still talking about the possibility that that robots are are racist, and as we uh this subject came up. I did a little bit of research that I think could be helpful in this conversation.
Speaker 1: Can I add one thing first, though, I do feel like motion sensor robots are racist as a dark skin individual, and this is proven. I used to think it, and I'd be like, am I trippming? Am I tripping hand dryers? Hand while water spouts all that shit? Faver towel dispensers. The darker skin is, the less they were. I'm so happy you said they already got a built in naturally.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy you said that because that absolutely has been even my experience. And I ain't that far from the ship that they should be able to manufacture for.
Speaker 7: So I was wondering how he was gonna. I'm aware, do you know what I feel in my heart? I ain't always what's on the outside.
Speaker 2: I'm about to say that, and and I recognize that. And I understand when people speak down to me on certain subjects. I don't be guaranteels. Yeah, you guys are being nurse and take it anything.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was a pretty big I.
Speaker 3: Just know that you guys like to be included sometimes, and these types of problems you said.
Speaker 2: Because you said as a dark bar me too. I am not making his his issue my issue. I'm saying this issue is larger than we, then we should like you're included to Basically, I'm saying that a window is big.
Speaker 3: And you want to be your We don't have to keep clarifying, nigga, you get it. I just want to know if you that that was I got it now, I got it now, I got it now. It was relating to you yea each other a lot, and the way you keep redirecting it to him nasty.
Speaker 2: This is like, this is like when your mom and your stepdad talked past you. Now, this is like where you go?
Speaker 1: Where are we going?
Speaker 2: And I'm going to see a man about a dog?
Speaker 3: I just didn't expect you to to relate to that, to jump in on that conversation.
Speaker 2: The point that I'm trying to make, regardless of my relationship to it at this point, regardless fuck my relationship to it. Matter of fact, I don't relate to this at all. How about that it's never happened to me once? Okay, great. The point I'm trying to make is that I actually came across a st study uh that was sort of cross done by Georgia Tech, by the University of watching Washington and Johns Hopkins University. This is a very legitimate study because I already heard you ask him, what's the source did? This is a very legitimate study that basically confirms that robots have an active bias against people's race. And I agree they can see it immediately.
Speaker 3: So they now, they might not be able to see that you experience the hand dryer situation, sure, but they will know that both of us, all of us in this room, are a specific race.
Speaker 1: They I think also they will note that whatever it's programming is proximity to whiteness and that this is far from that, and then then the bias will be towards that no matter what happens.
Speaker 2: And I think even the way that you guys are are imagining it is so like almost binary in the way that the the algorithmic precision of calculating based off of your head shape and the width of your and we are calculating you as you name yeahs, dark gums eh, back of the bomb, in the front of the bomb.
Speaker 1: Okay, owner's double cheeseburger with Max shaft.
Speaker 2: Hamburger.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 2: Okay. So in this study, one of the things that they did is they they sort of put this this robot through a system where they were like sixty two commands that included packing a person into a brown box, and they would they would, I guess, pack these images of people into a brown box based off of certain questions, and they'd pack a criminal in a brown box. They'd pack a homemaker in a brown box, they pack a doctor in a brown box based off of just random assortments of faces. And then statistically, the robots selected males eight percent more White and Asian men were picked, the most Black women were picked. The least one of the robots sees. Once the robot seeds the people's faces, they often would associate women with homemakers. They would associate black men as criminals ten percent more. They were also associating Latino men with janitors ten percent more than everybody else. And then additionally, this motherfucker, Yeah, it's just doing all this shit and they say that like even the line of questioning is sort of like problematic, but the robot is still effectively finding ways to be like no bias.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's systemic problems. Right, the problem goes to the bone.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a trainer. Yeah yeah, yeah, you can't. We there are internet. It has literally it is far more consumed with bias than it is consumed with truth, And in that way, it's training is just like nope, you know what they do.
Speaker 1: Black women, they hate you the most. Yeah, put the Rose toys down.
Speaker 2: Take the mics away. You gotta get back to farming. Yeah, take the mics away.
Speaker 1: No, I hope you experience all the pleasure from the Rose toys or whatever toys you choose.
Speaker 2: Hey, if and Rose, if you want to be a sponsor of this podcast based off of that one statement alone, Oh.
Speaker 1: We should get that Rose money.
Speaker 2: We should get that Rose money, and know we want right next to Yaku. I'll tell you this.
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 2: Oh you don't know the legend of yaku? No? Oh this is exciting as a big brain. Yes he does, Yes he does. What's wrong with him? Okay? Great question. Six thousand years ago, it is prophesied that Yakkoub an ancient big headed scientist who who was also sort of at war with the tribe that that of humans that existed.
Speaker 1: This is an all black planet. This is what the earth.
Speaker 2: We are all black people, and Yakkup sits above a lot of them, but he is also evil and and then takes fifty thousand people to an island, makes them crossbreed until he invents white people, and that is where white people come from. Actually, I'm so confused, and that's why they act like that. Yeah, yeah, I'm going to do some research.
Speaker 1: Strange parts of the internet.
Speaker 2: Does never mind? It is strange parts of the Internet, and it has reached an unfortunate sort of cross breeding with white people.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: It used to be a strictly sort of like black part of the Internet, and now white people are aware of it and sort of play it ironically. And it feels sort of like they're trying to undermine the pleasure of this story. It's a beautiful story and they're trying to take it away from us because where did white people come from? And take your time this rush. We won't take the microphone away.
Speaker 1: We don't do that.
Speaker 3: I'm so shocked that you heard that story is beautiful.
Speaker 2: I just don't have a better hand, he said. Six thousand years ago. He was going to be like, yeah, what I was poor? I don't know. No, yeah, I thought you were going to make a joke, but you did it. Now, it's just a beautiful story and we we we cherish it. We appreciate it interesting, and that's what he's supposed to look like. That's what can tarn him. Do you have more because we celebrate the diaspora. Yeah, and this is what he wore. Yeah, he was never a white tunic. He wore white tunic and that large amulet and uh he he was never that jackar in other depictions of him.
Speaker 1: He yeah, he always looks the other ones I've seen. It looks like kind of little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a little bit more of a small, frail guy. But I do like the handsome script. I say, that's a handsome squid word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe that is the way that like history rewrites the way people look over time. They want they want yahkoop to look frail and and fucking you know, like slimy and there and in the same way that they gave Jesus a different treatment with their like, No, I make him sexy, my man, as he deserves that he died for our sins. Make my boy look like make him look like an Anglo marathon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Take the mics, Okay, I agree. I'm going to start a pull man all right, before we go to break I guess my question for you is does this does this new information now scare you more about your potentially.
Speaker 3: Figured Actually, okay, I figured as much I figured the bias. I don't know what role it'll play because like, right, this is an experiment in packaging people into boxes. Yeah, but like, are robots going to be decision makers institutionally in a way that this can actually affect people outside of just biases and classifications.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a good question, right, How high does their level of responsibility get? Right? Because I mean in my head, it's like you think, like even in a fully integrated robot society, you assume it would still be humans at the top. But I feel like we trust it. We already trust that shit with a lot of stuff. I feel like you can go pretty high. Yeah, I just saw you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I feel like, is there going to be like a robot who's deciding which Supreme Court cases take precedence based off of data around how many people each case affects, and like it is if we get there, then I'm scared. I just think we don't recognize how many of those things are already.
Speaker 3: Happening, I know, with just humans and with just like I think you guys also have bias and racism.
Speaker 2: I think about now with Google, and this is sort of where again we were talking about sort of the failures of what AI is now. But like now with Google, anytime you google something, the first thing that pops up is the AI overview. Yes, and it just gives you information. It gives you all the information. But what statistically has been proven is that the AI overview is often wrong. It isn't it, or at least not fully true. There is like one part of it that they've sort of amassed based off of a lot of articles that is true, and then it skips over a lot of information or sometimes picks the wrong one because it's just there are way more articles saying this wrong thing than this correct thing, so the overview assumes that this is the correct thing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's a summary of the most amount of articles as opposed to an actual diagnostic because they can't experience things anyway, So why the fuck would it know whether something is This person was proven racist or not racist, you know what I mean. So, like you can get a lot of generic bad answers from the AI overview, and I think because of the sort of the simplifying of our systems over and over again. I bet we're getting to court cases now where information gets slipped in from an AI over right, that wasn't fully the truth in the argument?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, because it's like if we're using this stuff to assist us in our work, right, it's like college kids using it for papers and shit like that. Yeah, it's not crazy to think someone in the who practices law is using chat GPT prompts for whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're doomed and chas GBT, I know has biases.
Speaker 2: You asked it to write me an email, and it'll be like yo.
Speaker 3: Nigga, why'd you say yo?
Speaker 2: Because you're writing it in my voice? Yeah, you know, I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Hey, there, drive Turkey, say mama, what's on?
Speaker 2: What's up on that wardrobe?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 2: No, it's terrifying. Yeah, and I can't think of a better terror to send us into a break. That's great, that's the exact.
Speaker 1: Terror we want to be leaving you with. We'll be back more.
Speaker 2: Brett Gray or my mama told.
Speaker 6: Me, because I look good, you will good.
Speaker 3: I feel good, and you sing good and make love good.
Speaker 2: Oh I like that one.
Speaker 1: You like that?
Speaker 2: That was a good one. What do you think that is? Plead again?
Speaker 3: How did all of this trouble begin living a Marria?
Speaker 1: Same person?
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is. You still don't know who that is? Was that a person who lived before nineteen ninety six?
Speaker 1: Well before? Yeah, I mean you lived before nineteen ninety six? Or are you thirty?
Speaker 2: I was born in nineteen ninety six. Oh, okay, that's James Brown. I was gonna say that, but I didn't want to be wrong and sorry to this man. And I was just going to get down and you can walk about me, Michael, and I wouldn't know a thing, you know. That's funny.
Speaker 3: I actually did a lot of research on James Brown and never came across that.
Speaker 1: Well that is Oh you should go see that.
Speaker 2: It was mostly his dance moves, his philosophies, or that's not the real James Brown research. I think that you need to be doing right.
Speaker 1: James Brown Hawaii interview.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to experience James Brown in conversation. You want to learn about James Brown beating the shit out of his band members, like you want to really use the fight.
Speaker 1: Also in Boston when he stopped that riot.
Speaker 2: Though no and that's why he's beautiful. It's not that he is like a bad dude. He is the most like true human being that's ever existed. Where he is like, he is violent, is the most true human being. He is up there, up there, for he is funk embodied. He is beautiful, he is kind, he is violent, he is nasty, he is he is on drugs, and then he is of God. He is all the things at once. And that motherfucker could just cook.
Speaker 1: He could do it too, man, he could.
Speaker 2: Moving them little legs back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, started making music on the one. That's like, he's amazing, bro, Put a cape on him, Put a cape on him.
Speaker 2: He deserves it, sweating out every sweating everything out that. You don't get stars like that no more.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't think we get another one of those.
Speaker 2: Nah, that's it, so like you gotta you gotta really soaking that part.
Speaker 1: The American experiment is James Brown.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful way of seeing it, I think. So alright, let's do the voicemail.
Speaker 4: I'm not drunk, mile high, but I'm not drugs And I still can't get over how how inappropriate that message is. But anyway, I'll get to it. I was talking to one of my friends about this TV show I used to love as a kid, and I told her, like, the premise is crazy. It's a TV show called Ghostwriter, if you've ever heard of it. It was about TBS. It was about this dot that could spell in a diverse group of children that were in New York or something, and they would sall mysteries with this ghost that was a dot, like it was like a floating dot that could turn the letters and shit. So I'm telling my friend about this show and it sounds insane, and then we look it up on Wikipedia and it turns out like you never knew the identity of the ghost and the show, but apparently, according to the creator, the ghost is the ghost is a runaway slave who was murdered by dogs escaping from slavery and became a ghost on this on this TV show. And I don't know if this is a government conspiracy. I wouldn't go that far, but like, that's a really dark and fucked up premise to build a kids show off of, especially not even telling us that the ghosts is a runaway slave. I feel like they kind of done a lot more than that. I feel like they didn't want.
Speaker 1: Us to be great.
Speaker 4: So I'm curious if there's any other kids shows or shows that you think this has happened to where there was significant Transformers is about the Revolution of the proletariat or something like that, or uh, you know, dust Tails about some weird ood Scottish magnate who was diddling his defews like heank God. I wonder if there are why we don't love the super History. Yeah, have a good.
Speaker 2: Night, okay by that was so loaded. Yeah that wow. I'm surprised you all did not.
Speaker 1: I never had heard that at all.
Speaker 2: Ghost ghost.
Speaker 3: I thought that was like the guy on the motorcycle with the flaming head.
Speaker 2: Ghost Rider, right, ghost writer. I see, yeah, And this is a kid show in nineteen This was at six, It was when you were just getting here. Yeah, we had a little white dot in the sky that was like floating around and helping them. Now I am of the belief, and I'm quite passionate about this that this is white people bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't believe that's it's that. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: I think that's some ship that they came up with after the fact, the same way Dumbledore being gay was like some last minute ship and.
Speaker 1: Some extra muscle in the thigh type shit.
Speaker 2: K Rowland every every chance she gets, make up some new bullshit about what Yeah, and Harry Potter, they would just make their duchies disappear. It's like, no, no, you didn't think about it, bitch. We're back to we need.
Speaker 1: You, We need you. Do you built a crazy world?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You I was.
Speaker 2: I was just there. I was just there. The Ministry of Magic.
Speaker 3: It was a yeah, they call the magic running what they do with the dookies take the micro So I'm gonna I'm gonna wear a T shirt. I'm gonna come back on the podcast next time, and I'm gonna say take the shirt.
Speaker 2: Specifically from you both.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do believe that this is white people sort of attempting to add a weight to a thing that they weren't actually writing about. You know what I mean, Like that wasn't the responsibility of a fucking slave in the show, was not helping these kids with mysteries and ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, you don't give a what are you talking about? He's run away and he was like, now I'm gonna stick around and help me.
Speaker 1: Why do you have to be killed by dogs? It's not necessary. I understand character work, right, everybody's gonna have a back to Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 2: No, it's nuts. It's it's truly like, oh, y'all just wanted to try to be heroes. And in some ways you're being nasty because you're punishing this slave to be the assistance to little white and Asian children in this neighborhood that like, he doesn't even fucking belong to You never even got to experience this version of humanity, and you want him to be their assistant.
Speaker 1: Fuck you, Yeah, I'm not. I'm with you, man. I don't really and I don't really think that like the conspiracies of like children's programming goes that deep.
Speaker 3: For the moment, I was gonna say, I don't know anything about anything we're talking about right now, but I did hear some weird shit about Barney recently, about.
Speaker 2: Him being totally.
Speaker 1: Do you know about that?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do.
Speaker 3: There's actually a horror film that's being developed right now about Barney, and I don't know the premise or like the plot or anything like that, but ye, Barney was something on TikTok the other day that like Barney actually.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there, Barney wasn't real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so the kids are imagining Barney and all these dinosaurs and playing with them.
Speaker 2: I don't know how well it happens every episode, right, their magic happens and they imagine because after school program right.
Speaker 1: Right, you and you do want to go to us better place. Sometimes, yes, sometimes after school programs you got to think up a big friend to protect you.
Speaker 2: And that's why there and that's why there's always only like four or five of them, because that's the weird kids.
Speaker 1: It's the kids whose parents are still not there.
Speaker 2: Bro, it's late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you.
Speaker 2: Should we call Shannon again? Yeah, yeah, we we are waiting.
Speaker 3: I knew Barney was imaginary. I guess every time I didn't realize I didn't put it together.
Speaker 2: Every time there's a twinkling and then Barney, the the stuffed animal magically turned into the dinosaur and they slowed the song down. It was like, Barney can be your friends who if you just make and every single episode here, your boy your mom's boyfriend, Kevin can.
Speaker 1: Not hurt you.
Speaker 2: He's not bigger than Barney. Nobody's bigger than Barney. Mike's away.
Speaker 3: I wanted you guys to put like a count up on this. How many times I said, Michael.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that I think we cannot let white people continue to use slavery as a weapon against us. Yeah, we got to draw a line somewhere and them finding pleasure in a slave story. That's a line for me. Go ahead, chill out, bro.
Speaker 1: Why I don't be watching those slave movies.
Speaker 2: Man, you said it's a ghost. Keep it the ghost you always thought it was.
Speaker 1: It's a ghost of literacy.
Speaker 2: That was a little white child in briches. Yeah, you know what I mean, And now you want to hang out with you know what I mean, just some little Victorian boy and now he's helping out. That makes sense to me. You ain't got to make that a slave interesting anything about that show? Ever, until today, it wasn't very popular. It was PBS, so you know, I think you had to be over there to be over there.
Speaker 1: I think people this was more watched by kids. Yeah, when we.
Speaker 2: Were I loved p BS when we were kids. BBS had some hits. Arthur Arthur was Tailing Tails, cyber Chase, Wishbone, the Boom of Food, the Boom of Food between the Lions, Reading Rainbow, Let's go. I never watched Reading Rainbow.
Speaker 1: I'll be.
Speaker 2: I know the song. Well okay, yeah, then please Chaka Khan and LaVar Burton. Yeah, press some one we have Oh we have a good one too, you really yeah, No, you're gonna like this one. I think I feel like you're saying I'm gonna like it means going to not No, I think you're gonna like this.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: This is pretty good. Okay, okay, yeah, well marinate, but I think what you're gonna like about it is we it keeps all anyway, see how he kept one at a time.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good one. I think that's horrible. That actually made no sense. It didn't correlate it anyway. There's actually that was a low hanging fruit as a joke.
Speaker 2: That's not our joke. There's a full DMX version of reading there is there is. Yeah, what a year did that come out? Okay, I need to look into your window?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, yeah, entire couch.
Speaker 2: Can't wait. No shame in looking back on that one. Okay, great? Yeah, yeah, Brett, this was a great man. Thank you. This is really fun having me. Could you tell the people where they can find you. What cool ship you got going on?
Speaker 3: Oh everywhere, TikTok Instagram, at Brett Gray YouTube. I drop blogs and stuff sometimes and then next year, this year maybe on Amazon Prime. Who was awesome in that show Man's Super Fun And we got to do a lot of really cool stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we got to be awkward with each other. We got to be awkward. I got to watch you yell. That was great. I watched I've seen him have many tantrums. They weren't real, but it was cool to watch.
Speaker 1: Thees are good to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what. A lot of them were based in light skinness. It's it's unfortunate, but it's unfortunate, but it is my journey. And I make no apologies, but I do reckon.
Speaker 3: I will say it's so cool to see him on this podcast versus on set. He's so professional and suave and very nice and quiet. He's not vulgar and inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Oh No, I talked about pussy a lot.
Speaker 1: I do feel like this podcasts maybe brought out a bad side in you, absolutely, and I'm sorry for that.
Speaker 2: Don't apologie, but that's just where you're at.
Speaker 1: I think it was a side always wanting to come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I come here to tone my ship down.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Down.
Speaker 2: I'm the reckless one on this podcast, really in this relationship, I would say easily the more reckless person.
Speaker 1: Why am I? I'm a chaos stage it But I'm pretty calm.
Speaker 2: You lived a way more reckless life though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I'm more. That's why I don't. Really, I'm pretty relaxed.
Speaker 2: You kind of I think got all your ship out, and I'm a dude who didn't get to fuck enough.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You like roll me again? I'm hanging out at the bar too long.
Speaker 1: He started smoking cigarettes. Try smoking.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that. Niggas like that. That's like a treat. You don't make that your only thing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you don't just smoke black your bo You smoke a black your Boyeah?
Speaker 2: Oh what you got?
Speaker 1: Cool? Got jokes eighty seven on Instagram. I'll just come see us in New Orleans, right, Yeah, come see the Old On Street Festival. We're doing live shows. I'm getting the dates. It's it's when are you guys going?
Speaker 2: March twenty twenty first watched through the twenty second we go, Yeah, I'm coming, I'm bringing.
Speaker 1: Okay, bring Oh yeah, Punky, that's bring the.
Speaker 2: Most New Orleans ladies. Yes, exactly. Yeah, you should have Punky on this podcast. We absolutely have had herring her again. Okay, I'd imagine her conspiracies would be ridiculous. She's great, her follow through is exceptional. Oh. Absolutely, There's there are few people who we get to invite on who we have to be like, all right, let's speak chill, yeah, relaxed, because he's one of those we might have to we might have to ring this back in.
Speaker 1: We're don't have to edit. And that's still we don't have.
Speaker 2: Punky. You gotta watch that one. But man, what a funny wait. Yeah, Hooky is amazing that It's just great. The best tell Uh. You can follow me at Langston Kerman on all social media platforms. You can see me on my aspiring Deadbeat tour. All those tickets you can find that at Langston Kerman dot com.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We got Dallas coming up. I think that'll already be gone, but but there's some other shit Grand Rapids, uh in the Big Old Building and yeah, that's what it's called, The Big Old Building.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what it's called. Yah in the big old building.
Speaker 2: I forgot that you got to go up some steps and yeah, it's like a complex, but it's it's a great club, Doctor Grin's. And there's some bunch of other dates that you can find at Langston Kerman dot com. You can follow us, you can like, subscribe, rate, review, do all that shit. You can send your own conspiracies, your own drops. You can tell us who you think it's the most reckless individual we've ever had on the podcast at Mymama pod at gmail dot com, and most importantly, call us at A four four Little Moms follow that Patreon. We love you so much. Bye bitch, you raggedy bitch. My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Langston krek.
Speaker 2: Co hosted by David Bordi.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Joel Monique.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin Kohne. Music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Doegon Kreger.
Speaker 2: You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube, follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel,