Speaker 1: Greetings or links, and welcome back to in our own world. Join us as we open up the onboard vault and share an unreleased part of our amazing conversation with Valet and Sebastian Gent to buckle in and prepare for Reorbit being canceled.
Speaker 2: Definitely in the thought. But I feel like, I don't say, like crazy stuff, but if there is like phases of life, like during COVID and stuff where I feel like people were getting canceled.
Speaker 3: Lefty happy Birthday, Yeah, like I remember people got mad for your celebraty fourth of July that year, and I was like, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Jem and I have had some fights also, to be honest, where it's like, you know, look at her fight.
Speaker 5: It's never violet. It was like, this is weird, all these random people following me. I'm like, don't be stupid. I'm like, we can like monetize.
Speaker 2: I love the worst. It was always and I was like, I just want to be in high school, Like.
Speaker 3: It's embarrassing that I'm in high school and I have one hundred thousand follers.
Speaker 5: I'm like to who oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're pretty.
Speaker 4: Of course you post and people are going to pay you like hunt and you try to wake up and plan your fucking post for the next month and then tell.
Speaker 2: Me if you've got to be in here and make up and be.
Speaker 4: Good and be in a good mood and girl, come u.
Speaker 2: L okay.
Speaker 4: How about how do you balance something like privacy when you're sharing so much of yourselves and your family online? Is that something that you guys value.
Speaker 2: I think that's something that we've learned over time. We've been doing this for so long that I think in the beginning I was like share, share, like share everything, but then along with that comes opinions, and then you know, comes angry people or whatever, like opinions that are not asked for. And so I think the more that that happened to me, the more I realize I'm going to pick and choose what I share and like, for example, like I feel like my relationship with Ben a lot my fiance, I don't really share that much he's on there, but like I'm not going to be talking about us online because like this is like weird and maybe a little woo woo, But like I do feel like the energy that you get from someone could like come to you physically.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, even online, even.
Speaker 2: Online, like if you if I'm reading a message like I hate message online, Like I'm like, oh, I don't want that energy, Like I just don't want that, and especially not in my relationship that I work so hard on, like to be good and healthy and everything. So I think that's one of the main things I try not to share too much, Yeah, because I just don't care about people's opinions, Like it's.
Speaker 6: Just like it's nice to have something for yourself exactly.
Speaker 2: Not everything needs to be public, for sure.
Speaker 4: And unfortunately balancing the fact that this is part of our job now in the entertainment world, the fact that we are that filter that call under for what we actually choose to share. I struggle with that all the time. Yeah, Jem and I have had some fights also, to be honest, where it's like, you know, look at her fight. It's never no but about you know, you have power and using the internet. It's tough because also, yeah, my private life is my private life. But also if there's something going on in the world that I feel needs to be spoken about, if I don't add my voice to that pot, like.
Speaker 5: What's your responsibility?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a very weird middle ground that you need to I like, I'm I'm I just started a podcast with this girl who is.
Speaker 4: On a reality show what's the name plug is.
Speaker 5: Called Don't Be Ridiculous.
Speaker 3: She asked me to do it like six months ago, and I was like, I don't know because of this, like I feel like I'm like so filtered online and now it's like a podcast is different. Yeah, you're really talking again. You can edit it after, but I've already kind of gotten burnt by the like fire of what I've said in the it's only been three episodes.
Speaker 4: Different than a picture of your hot ass acts, but I can say are so hot.
Speaker 3: So part of me is like, no, let people know your personality. Don't just post like sexy picks, you know, like be yourself.
Speaker 2: Because he has such a good personal and he's so funny. It's like I think it's such a good way of showing that side of him. But also you need to be careful.
Speaker 3: You need to be careful because you don't know what you might say that miss might piss somebody off, or you know, nain dropping of like just little things or like.
Speaker 4: We're here, like right now, the cameras are on we're having this conversation. Yeah, we're not thinking of the implication of what this conversation going after who.
Speaker 5: Might have upset or whatever.
Speaker 3: And you never do it with that intent, of course, but it just happens sometimes and unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can't please everybody, I think.
Speaker 3: So I'm not here to like please everybody, but I think, yeah, to just be weary.
Speaker 4: Of Like are you both afraid of being canceled?
Speaker 3: I'm afraid because I feel like some of my comments may be taken offensively when it's not an offensive thing.
Speaker 4: But do you believe like do you do you stand behind them?
Speaker 5: I think I'm joking a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they don't get your humor exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's true. But there it's like some like you have to be careful.
Speaker 5: You have to be.
Speaker 3: Careful, like you know how we were in high school, like so direct and so honest and like it didn't Those are different times though, like ten years ago, like now, things are different and.
Speaker 5: You just have to be more careful with what you say.
Speaker 2: You know, being canceled definitely in the thought. But I feel like I don't take like crazy stuff. But there is like phases of life, like during COVID and stuff where I feel like people were getting canceled Lefty.
Speaker 3: Happy Birthday, Yeah, like the I remember people got mad for your celebrating fourth.
Speaker 5: Of July that year, and I was like, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like those type of things. I'm like, oh my god, it's like anxiety. It's like did I post something wrong? Did I do something wrong?
Speaker 5: Like dms?
Speaker 2: Like when I open like.
Speaker 5: So to like put it into contacts.
Speaker 3: On our last podcast, we obviously had to address the election and the presidency, and we didn't sway either way on purpose. We were just like, you know, this is what happened, like yeah, like the factual just report and then I check our DMS and it's a long ass message from this girl. Yeah, she's just like, you know, it's very ballsy to even bring up politics, especially when you just started a podcast, like I gave you guys a chance, and now yeah, like upset, even though we never really said yeah.
Speaker 5: Because I was like, I don't know, just the fact that you brought it up.
Speaker 3: We bought it up, and maybe your tone was like a little one way.
Speaker 5: I mean it was yeah, it is like he went unfortunately, well, you couldn't cut.
Speaker 2: That out, yeah, said unfortunately, and you you left them, Yeah, because I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
Speaker 6: Listen, our first season, we would create, we would perform surgery on our I swear to you. Always said, Aunt always said, oh you're nervous. You don't ever want to misrepresent yourself totally. You never say it with the purpose of offending anybody. And we we live in this like post cancel culture world where we've seen people be completely torn down by something that they said fifteen years which is crazy, Like you can't hold this, hold somebody to what they believed today. If they committed an error, they should absolutely atone for it.
Speaker 4: But like accountability, guys.
Speaker 5: You are at sixteen is not.
Speaker 4: Accountability is so big. Like I can be the first person to say that I've said things that are probably horrible against my own Cuban culture everything just merely because I didn't know what I was even.
Speaker 7: Talking about, yes, like how deep it was exactly regurgitating things that people that I want to be friends with think are funny, and then as a result, I then have to think are funny or whatnot?
Speaker 4: But I do think, at least from my perspective, which is what I struggle with because I grew up in a world where old Hollywood, what my parents went through is way different than now. We're not talking about Instagram, we're talking about paparazzi, we're talking about interviews. We're still people would be like, oh shit, I said that interview. For me, I think that the hardest thing is like standing by what I know, because I feel the same way. I would never want to hurt somebody accidentally. But if I do, still standing behind what I think is right, I'm like, all right, that's your problem.
Speaker 2: Like I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 4: This planet is too freaking weird. That's why we're out here or somewhere else, you.
Speaker 5: Know, exactly.
Speaker 6: Because I also wish people were more curious, you know, like rather than attack somebody, because that's another thing this happened to us in the beginning of the podcast to not anymore, thank god, as much. I think people like know what to expect now, but they would watch like a one minute clip and make gross assumption.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like, this is.
Speaker 6: A forty five minute episode. This is meant to be a clickbait for you, so want to click on and hopefully if you are engaging with the material then go listen to the full episode. But I wish that people instead of like jumping the gun and drawing conclusions from like what's obviously a thirty second clip, they'd be like, hey, you know what, even if it's valid, right, like Sebastian, you said this thing that I'm not sure if I interpreted it the right way, maybe it rub me the wrong way. Is that what you met? Is that what you meant? Or can you clarify? No, we're just like putting people on crossing have those conversations.
Speaker 2: People can't have conversations anymore.
Speaker 3: I also think that not everyone, but a lot of people aren't even offended or outraged by what it is they're saying. They're just so excited to cancel someone that's really true, and it's I'm like, you did that really hurt your feelings?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 3: Just like Gemeny's is something that is and once it catches on like your screws.
Speaker 2: And it's comforting, and yeah, I want to be a part of a group.
Speaker 5: I want to be the man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mentality on the internet is very scary, you know, and yeah, the cancel culture, so I think, yeah, you just see to chat lightly and again coming from all of us. I don't think anyone's looking to offend or trying to be controversial. It's just more, you know, sometimes we're human, Yeah.
Speaker 6: And on the side of controversy, you know, because it happens to us all the time when we're like measuring our words. I also I'm trying to I'm not a master at this in any way, but I often try to, like ask myself, I'm like, if this that I really feel right, like I've I've measured my words. This is actually how I feel I'm properly representing myself. If this alienates me from a certain kind of audience, that's not my audiences.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 6: I don't want yeah, love you best of loved to you. I hope you wish me ill because I don't wish you ill. But we're not for each other. Consume somebody else's meeting.
Speaker 3: Not every brand, not every person is meant to appeal to you.
Speaker 2: Which is fine, So unfollow me, don't DM me hate I know, and it's just like go away.
Speaker 3: But it has this girl, this one girl who's been following her for years and just sends me messages.
Speaker 5: But it's like funny, honest. It that one girl that just continuously sends.
Speaker 7: The religious Yeah, it's always don't worry, I have a religious online.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, he loves them.
Speaker 4: She has this Sati scammel.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. Well, you guys have been doing this for for so many years. What do you think is because, I mean the world has changed so much. We have freaking Tesla robots now, I know you're right, we don't we don't, But what do you what do you perceive as like the largest or the biggest change in like the influencer creator landscape since you started.
Speaker 2: I think people now, like then, people believed you waymore now, like your audience doesn't believe anything you say because there's so many influencers now, and there's so many people trying to sell you something that everyone like. And now the entire audience thinks that you're just trying to sell them something, or that you don't believe in what you're talking about or something like that, because the Internet is such a fake place, and so I feel like that's changed a lot. In the beginning, you can be like this guy's purple, and I was like, oh yeah, this guy's purple. Now it's like I'm like I swear I love this product, and then your life right, and I'm like, I'm not getting paid for this, like I swear, I'm like I actually like it's hard to like, Yeah, that's changed a lot.
Speaker 3: I think the public is a lot more intelligents, Like consumers are.
Speaker 4: Smarter, you know, and they know the interface more exactly.
Speaker 5: That's a bad thing for sure.
Speaker 3: You know, they're just smarter and more weary of what they're being sold and whatnot. So I think yeah, and also as a creator, you're way more cognizant of what you're selling, right because you're you want to sell something you believe in, work with a brand that you feel passionate.
Speaker 2: I feel like in day one out they're like, sell the pencil. I'm like, I'll sell the like.
Speaker 5: Anything for a dollar.
Speaker 2: My god, this is they're paying me amazing. I mean it's a real but it's actually work, Like I need to pay my bills, you know, Like I don't think people understand that, but you do have to get like more picky about what you work with.
Speaker 3: When Ballet started getting like followers in the beginning, this was not a career, you know what I mean, it was like yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Was like a vine like it was and violet. It was like, this is weird all these random people following me.
Speaker 2: I like, don't be stupid.
Speaker 5: I'm like, we can like monetize.
Speaker 2: I love the worst. It was always and I was like, I just want to be in high school.
Speaker 3: It's embarrassing that I'm in high school and I have one hundred thousand dollars. I'm like to who I'm like, because obviously people were like talking ship whatever, like, but I'm like, okay, And I remember I.
Speaker 5: Think it was like pop tart. The first thing was my first friend.
Speaker 7: It was like, no, way, that's amazing, amazing, like four mines.
Speaker 2: I paid me like eight hundred bucks, which at the time not enough.
Speaker 5: Imagine your ship for eight hundred bucks is like eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is it pop tart? And you said that's not enough.
Speaker 5: Imagine, but I remember eight hundred bucks when you're in high school. It was amazing. Yeah, So it was just and then I think you realized like, oh, like we can't do something, and that's.
Speaker 3: Like where the whole thing came from. But it was really funny in the beginning. She was like not about it.
Speaker 4: Also like you guys work your ass off, and I feel people don't realize misrepresentation about people that happen to be pretty, like y'all that are online, you know to be real because people say, oh, yeah you're talented, but you're a nipple baby, Like of course you are. Your parents this.
Speaker 2: There's always something Oh yeah you're pretty.
Speaker 4: Of course you post and people are gonna pay you. Like hunting, you try to wake up and plan your fucking post for the next month and then tell me.
Speaker 2: If you've got to be in hair and make up and be good and.
Speaker 4: Be in a good mood.
Speaker 2: A girl, come be on camera. Be creative, think of something that a thousand other influencers in my How.
Speaker 7: Do you do that?
Speaker 4: How do you what's your guys CREATI.
Speaker 2: I mean I have to say, like he's the more creative one. Like to give you an example, the Idea brand was like, oh, you need to write up a concept before we give you this offer. Like, you need to write up a concept and then we'll see if we like you got the job.
Speaker 5: Pitch.
Speaker 2: I called him. I'm like, can you grab me pitch? Thirty minutes later he wrote me this insane, amazing concept. I was like amazing and like I got it. So it's like we work with each other a a lot in that way, Like I think we're both creative, but you're definitely better at putting it on paper.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, but it's hard, like she said, like there's so much creativity and it's such a saturated space. Now I feel like we feel a lot more confident in Miami than we did in LA.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 2: Why is that LA is much.
Speaker 5: More saturated one with creators, Like there was so many like cont talent whatever, and we also weren't from there.
Speaker 3: Miami feels like our home city, Like we just feel like much more comfortable here, and so there's just there was much less of a present here.
Speaker 5: Now Miami is.
Speaker 6: Like has changed change now.
Speaker 3: I say that with a you know, grain of salt. Now, I think the influencer space, we feel.
Speaker 2: More at home here. Obviously, being in LA we felt so out of our comfort zone, which is good, but at the same time, like we didn't know anyone, Like people are mean there. Yeah, I hate you can't do it.
Speaker 4: Everybody's there that you I'm already five two, it's enough.
Speaker 2: I can't keep up.
Speaker 4: La.
Speaker 6: Last me, when I went to a restaurant and I was trying to order a dish, Oh my god, and they they refused to call the dish by like what it was. They wanted me. They wanted me to order it by like the name they gave this.
Speaker 2: You are beautiful gratitude.
Speaker 5: I am, Oh, I am.
Speaker 2: They were like, hey, can we have the noodles?
Speaker 6: Are like, do you mean the Bliss Joy or I was like, no, we want.
Speaker 5: The fucking Kelp noodles.
Speaker 2: I'm like, voice is not for mic.
Speaker 4: We're woo woo, but we're not woo wa Okay, We're not going to fucking have the Oracle of Joy when we really want to muffin please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went there a few times. I went there a few times. Is good, but yeah, but it's also thirty dollars for a month.
Speaker 6: And the guy was sorry, it's not about gratitude.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's called the Awakening. No, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not my that's not my vibe. I'd rather go to like, you know, like the Rundown Plate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to cross Road.
Speaker 4: Can I have a Billie Eyelids where we can have fucking perogis and all that vegan ship that we love.
Speaker 6: I know they do have.
Speaker 4: Good food, and that's what you guys do well, Vegetarian.
Speaker 5: Launch.
Speaker 6: This podcast is brought to you by Moonflower Productions in partnership with Iheartsmichael Podcast Network. For more podcasts, visit the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, you could say that here